Speaker 1: All right, it's the beIN and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. We like to give away tickets to cool stuff, like we have a couple of tickets we can give away right now to Auzi's I'm sorry, that's happening at the Music Hall in February. And when we give those away, we want to reward our listeners, Ben and so we like to do it with the iHeart app. Do you have the new and improved Dieheart app?
Speaker 2: I hope you do.
Speaker 1: There's a talkback feature on there, and we use it to give away tickets. So we'll ask a question like we're gonna ask this question right now. Click on that talkback feature and you can leave a thirty second message. Leave a message with your name, your phone number, your email address, and the first person to answer this question. Ben bought something for his wife. She has not seen it. She's gonna see it today and did it with one of our good partners. Tell us what that is. Be the first person to tell us name, number, email address, and then answer to that question and boom, you're gonna win those Azzi's on. Sorry tickets, KT is gone, but the news continues, and right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basic Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor KT fun tweet Nope, here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: All right, it's Steve Shackleford from his very expensive news studio somewhere in Allen, Texas, taken over for.
Speaker 2: KT Steve, do you have us?
Speaker 4: I do have you? Is Katt dead?
Speaker 2: Ben? You know, we don't know at this time.
Speaker 1: All we know is that our news has been much better over the last twenty four to forty eight hours. It's been incredible. It's been really good. Wonderful, Yeah, wonderful to hear.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get right down to it then, all right, We're going to start first with single men. Apparently single men are unhappy and sexually unfulfilled.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A recent survey showed that single men in their thirties and forties, unlike Leonardo DiCaprio or any of those guys, what have you believe, they don't enjoyed the freedom of being seen and are generally unfulfilled with their sex lives.
Speaker 2: Then that's not what married guys think. This is.
Speaker 1: This is just proof that everybody wants a different life than they have yes, you know, athletes want to be rappers. Rappers want to be athletes. Married guys want to be single. Single guys want to be married. Wait, I love the marriage.
Speaker 2: What are you saying?
Speaker 1: You love your marriage so much that you bought your wife an expensive thing that she hasn't seen and I love them's marriage too. Oh really, thank you? Thank you the marriages. See if he likes to watch our marriage.
Speaker 4: I definitely do hotel chair style. But apparently in this survey on the contrast, single women in their thirties and forties report that they are extremely happy with their single freedom and extremely happy with the quality of their sex lives.
Speaker 6: Christina, I'm not single side.
Speaker 2: From the female perspective.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know about the sexual part, but I would get so much done if I was single, you know.
Speaker 2: Holding her back.
Speaker 5: I like to spend time with Mike, so that's all on me. But I like to sit and watch TV shows with him. But if it wasn't for him, then yeah, I wouldn't be just sitting and watching TV shows. I'd be getting other things done.
Speaker 1: So to spend time with Mike, do you just sit in the room that he's just laying on the couch on.
Speaker 6: Uh, I sit on the couch next to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get fantastic, Yeah fantastic.
Speaker 1: Here's why single women have really fulfilled sex lives and single men do not.
Speaker 2: I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 1: There are far greater sex toys for women than there are for men. Okay, I thought you were going people better and a dog what? No, I'm like it. So they say that men are as faithful as their options. I'm just like the idea is a woman all she has to do is, you know, I'm thinking about hooking up with it, And then there's seventy guys in life, and a guy's like, you know, I really would like to hook up?
Speaker 2: Is this mic on?
Speaker 1: I don't am I okay, I can't even talk to a woman. I'll buy you whatever you want, Will you please talk to me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Still?
Speaker 1: No, you know it's like it's totally different game. A woman could have a man any time she ever wanted, and a guy has to be able to lie in a bar to get laid. Yes, you know, really good liar? Yeah, and look great right, but you don't have to be that good of a liar?
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 1: If you look good? No, I'm just saying because they're there. Lie radar is not good. Oh yeah, in general, they'll believe whatever I think.
Speaker 2: So, oh my god, you're an astronaut. Yeah, did you not see the news story.
Speaker 1: I've been on every planet, that's right, even the ones that may or may not be planet. It's like Pluto. I've been everywhere.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's something I learned too late in life. I wish I would have been armed with that information earlier. How to be an astronaut? I just made it way harder than it needed to be. Yeah, my problem is that.
Speaker 2: Just I wasn't physically desirable.
Speaker 6: It's good that you didn't lie to women. Ben, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: I missed a real opportunity to tell all sorts of lies to women.
Speaker 2: You he just lied to you. What do you mean you said? That's good? Look at him? Of course he lied to women.
Speaker 1: That sulfur in the shower, that's right, that's right. She's been in a thirty two year lie.
Speaker 6: We know the truth.
Speaker 5: We just let you guys think that you got away with it, just to make you feel good about yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you think my wife knew there wasn't a soulfur problem with her apartment.
Speaker 6: Water on thousand Ben.
Speaker 1: She thought Stottle was a Green Beret. There's zero chance that she did not believe that, right, No, she believed the lie.
Speaker 5: I don't think she did. Yeah, or maybe she wanted to believe the lies.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, right, I think Christina wants to believe that cat believed the lie.
Speaker 4: Ye yeah, yeah, Steve, I agree. And all of this is backed by science. I just want to remind you this is science.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Back to all of this year talking about science. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Continuing down that road, a new government study has also found that Americans specifically, we're losing interest in sex.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The rates of sexlessness are climbing for adults age or sorry, adults age twenty two to thirty four, so the real prime pounding years there. And for men specifically, sexlessness is doubled over the last ten years. And like twenty four percent of dudes said they didn't have sex in twenty twenty two or twenty twenty three. Whoa women, it's like nine percent. You know why handwork porn is so accessible.
Speaker 5: They're saying they don't even like it though, but they still like to at least do that is that is that what we're going with here.
Speaker 4: I believe. So I think a lot of it is they have a hard time accessing it. Single women do not appear to suffer from acxing intercourse in any way. So I think men are just kind of giving up at that age range. So the interest is going away.
Speaker 1: I think they're giving up because they already took care of the plumbing because they watched it on the internet and did that thing, and then they're good. There's you know, the in a real relationship, the sex tax is enormous. Yeah, but yeah, and Steve always says, in poorn there is no tax, right.
Speaker 4: No, you just clicked that little inter button and you tell them what like you're into, and then that's pretty much the only tax you have to pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The young guy that grew up with porn grew up shopping for his niche.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He grew up going, all right, I wanted to do my thing, let me see, Oh yeah, I'll take this today, right, And then they you know, and then they click on it. Then they do their thing and then they're like, all right, I'm play video games.
Speaker 2: Is that healthy? Christina?
Speaker 6: I don't think that's healthy.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, like, because clearly they're too scared to just bring it up with some girl that they just went one.
Speaker 6: Night stand with. Right, They're like, oh, I don't know if she'll be on the list or and bring it up.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard in that first conversation. Yeah, it's difficult.
Speaker 4: I guess a lot of them, if they're twenty two to thirty four, they might be waiting for an amateur redhead milf right like that, right, they might just be waiting.
Speaker 2: It's so difficult.
Speaker 1: In your first conversation with her at the bar is like, are you willing to dress up like a naughty librarian in the first twenty seconds? That's a bad thing. They usually that shunned. So these guys just end up just going to the route of the internet and think about.
Speaker 2: It from the girl perspective.
Speaker 1: She's at the bar, she meets a guy and he says, wait a minute, you're not my stepsister, realtor, you know, and so it's like it gets off on a bad foot immediately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Christina, Yeah, I don't know where it's going with that.
Speaker 5: I don't think porn is unhealthy, but it is kind of sad that they're just like, you know what, it's not worth the effort to talk to a girl.
Speaker 6: I'm good like, come on.
Speaker 1: Guys, well some of the stuff the girl says, it's not great.
Speaker 5: One high. That's how some guys are. What do you mean they'd rather not say anything.
Speaker 4: Yes, I just want them to smile more, make eye contact. Yeah right, speaking of eye contact, let's talk about BUCkies. But no real transition. Just does BUCkies own the beaver?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now that's a transition.
Speaker 4: There we go. Yeah, exactly. So BUCkies is staking claim to their beaver. So they are suing a North Texas gas station known as super Fuels, and I guess super Fuels has only three locations. But a lawsuit filed by BUCkies claims that they feature a quote anthropomorphic and cartoon representation of a smiling animal that closely resembles a beaver, which is similarly positioned in a right facing angle and depicted in front of a circular background.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they did a knockoff.
Speaker 1: Why I don't know enough about copyright stuff whatever, But why couldn't you have a gas station called Beavers where the beaver is just facing the other direction and it's in a different color, like.
Speaker 2: You can claim an animal. I don't think you can. You can claim a name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, it's not Mickey Mouse. It's just a random beaver. And apparently the super fuels is a dog in a cape. So we can't help that. Dogs happen to look like beavers. Right, you can see there's a similarity. It's a small, brown, smiling animal wearing some sort of a clothing garment.
Speaker 1: What if you put a put some sunglasses on it, right, it would differentiate it. I think, yeah, I don't know. I think BUCkies is just reaching here because they're like, wait, no gas station can have an animal mascot, but us Right, I do like the idea of beaver supergas m that'd be a g I think we should start that.
Speaker 2: We'd make it killing. What is what does BUCkies mean? It's the Bucky beaver? But what is it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Why is it called that he's got buck teeth? Yeah, beaver's have buck teeth. Buck teeth.
Speaker 1: I told you, I've told you guys that story before. Right when I was a seventh grader, this eighth grade girl came up to me and she goes, is it true they call you Bucky? Beaver, and I was like, wait, what who calls me that? And I had these giant buck teeth. It's like, wait, hold on, that's being said about me. I mean it was horrible for my confidence.
Speaker 6: Oh you never shared that story.
Speaker 2: I haven't known.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it wasn't a particularly attractive girl, but it was a girl nonetheless. Uh and so yeah, No, that rattled me. I was like, oh my god, and I gotta get braces immediately.
Speaker 5: It's worse when someone not attractive said something bad about You're like, right, what you you said that about me?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: You're not desirable and you're saying I'm not. Oh my god, no, okay, oh ninety pounds of me.
Speaker 1: So the founder of Bucky's arch Beaver applin what here's his nickname, Beaver, that's part of the name. Okay, he's a Catholic arch Beaver and Buck refers to the fan under dog, a Labrador Retriever. And they say there was a toothpaste mascot inspiration. Bucky Beaver was also the name of a cartoon mascot for a toothpaste. So that's how it came together. So they they were robbing someone else to begin with. Now, they're worried they're getting robbed. I like the idea of our story for our supergas station Beavers, which is we liked what BUCkies was doing and we thought we could improve upon it.
Speaker 4: Right right, come see the bees. Yeah, all right, and a quick one, because I think we're run out of time, but you can cut me off if we have to. Spirit Airlines updates their dress code. Apparently they don't.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve. We appreciate it. Did a really good job. Buddy, that is Steve Shackelford.
Speaker 1: Make sure to follow him at Strip Mall, Steve on all the social media platforms uh. And he's also a wonderful tunesmith. I think it's fair to say, yeah, you want to talk to some cowboys next?
Speaker 2: Yep, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we'll talk about the Cowboys coaching search right here on the ben and skin show Point won the Eagle