Speaker 1: Thanks for having us and doing this. I know there's a lot of interest in this, you know. First let me start with you elon what are the budgetary savings goals and how much do you think you've achieved so far.
Speaker 2: Our goal is to reduce the deficit by a trillion dollars, so from a nominal depth SIT of two trillion to track cut depth SIT in half to one trillion, or looked at it in total federal spending, to drop the federal spending from seven trillion to six trillion. We want to reduce the spending by eliminating waste and forward reduce the spending by fifteen percent, which seems really quite achievable. The government is not efficient and there's a lot of waste and forward, so we feel confident that fifteen percent reduction can be done without affecting any of the critical government services.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk to all the making it better and talk to all the guys here about the specifics. But for you, what's the most astonishing thing you've found out in this process?
Speaker 2: The sheer amount of waste importing the government. It is astonishing, it's mind blowing. Just we routinely encounter wastes of a billion dollars or more casually, you know, for example, like the simple survey that was literally ten question survey that you could do with survey monkey qushed about ten thousand dollars. Was the government was being charged almost a billion dollars for that for just the survey a billion dollars for a simple online survey do you like the National Park? And then there appears to be no feedback loop for what would be done with that survey, So the say we would just go to nothing because like you're saying.
Speaker 1: You technically are a special government employee and you're supposed to be one hundred and thirty days.
Speaker 3: Are you going.
Speaker 1: To continue past that or do you think that's what you're going to do?
Speaker 2: Or well, I think we will accomplish most of the work required to reduce the deficit by trillion dollars within that timeframe.
Speaker 1: So in that timeframe one hundred out of days, and the process is a report at some.
Speaker 3: Point at one hundred days.
Speaker 2: Not really a report. We are cutting the waste and prod in real time. So every day that passes, our goal is to reduce the waist and prod by four billion dollars a day. Every day, seven days a week, and so far we are succeeding.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to talk to the specifics.
Speaker 1: But there obviously are DOGE critics who are reading all kinds of stuff. Obviously lawmakers on the other side of the aisle are attacking you, and they characterize the approach is this fire ready and then aim, and how do you approach that? How do you respond to that?
Speaker 2: Well, I do agree that we actually want to be careful in the cuts. So we want to measure twice, if not thrice, and cut once. And actually that is our approach. They may characterize it as shooting from the hip, but it is anything at that which is not say that we don't make mistakes. If we were to approach this with the standard of making no mistakes at all, that would be like saying someone in baseball's got about a thousand. That's impossible. So when we do make mistakes, we correct them quickly and we move on.
Speaker 1: Some people say this shouldn't take a rocket scientist. Steve Davis, you are a rocket scientist. It used to be yeah, and now essentially you're the chief operating.
Speaker 3: Officer of dough day to day operations.
Speaker 4: Fair to say, yeah, part of part of the Dose team.
Speaker 3: So how did you end up here? What's the biggest challenge?
Speaker 2: You see?
Speaker 4: The reason I'm here, which is probably for many, is that I think the goal is incredibly inspiring. I think most of the taxpayers in the country would agree that in order to have the country going bankrupt would be a very bad thing, and therefore the country going not bankrupt is a good thing that all of us are willing to kind of put our lives on hold in order to do. I think the thing that's special right now is we actually believe there's a chance to succeed, that there's an administration that's supportive and a great cabinet and just a great group that will actually make success a possible outcome. And I think that's given the inspiring mission and given the non zero chance of success, it was worth down.
Speaker 2: I just like to sort of reemphasize that point. The success but those is only possible with President Trump and with the outstanding cabinet that he's selected. It would be impossible without the support of the President and the cabinet.
Speaker 1: But you're finding the money. I mean, it's big numbers, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like Jon said, the minimum impulse bit is often a billion dollars. So for example, the eight hundred and thirty million dollars which was the online survey, that's an enormous amount of money that wouldn't have been found if the dog team wasn't working with it, in that case the Department of Interior. But then taking it one step further, DOGE then publish publishes these things on our website for maximum transparency. So now the general public it would have been impossible for the general public to have seen that. Now anyone can just log into Dodakov anytime and see these payments as they're not yet in real time. They're close, but they're probably be in real time with the next few weeks.
Speaker 1: But the process it still involves Congress, right at some level.
Speaker 2: We try to keep Congress as informed as possible. But the Lord does say that money needs to be spent correctly. It should not be spent fortunately or wastefully. It's not contrary to Congress to avoid waste and for it. It is consistent with the law and consistent with Congress. And we've seen actually great support at least from the Republican side of the House and occasionally start Democrats too. You know, it's nice to see people cross the out once in a while, but usually when they attack doors, they never attack any of the specifics. So they'll say what we're doing is somehow unconstitutional or legal or whatever. We're like, well, which line of the cost savings do you disagree with? And they can't point to any and we list them all on door struck up and the doge had line, and you'll see just outrageous things, one outrageous thing after another.
Speaker 1: Jill Gabyam, besides Elon, you're one of several billionaires here, co founder of Airbnb, and you wanted to help out.
Speaker 5: I bumped into Anthony d Elon probably back in February, and they told me somebody about a mine that was dealt with retirement, and they said it needs somebody to help out to fix retirement in the government.
Speaker 3: I love the challenge, so I jumped on board.
Speaker 5: And it turns out there is actually a mine in Pennsylvania that houses every paper document for the retirement process in the government. Now picture this. This giant cave has twenty two thousand filing cabinets stacked ten high to house four hundred million.
Speaker 2: Pieces of paper.
Speaker 5: It's a process that started in the nineteen fifties and largely hasn't changed in.
Speaker 3: The last seventy years.
Speaker 5: And so as he dug into it, we found a retirement cases that had so much paper they had to fit it on a shipping palate. So the process takes many months, and we're going to make it just many days. Well it would be digitized or how absolutely so this will be an online digital process that will take just a few days at most. And I really think, you know, it's an injustice to civil servants who are subjected to these processes that are older than the age of half the people watching your show tonight. So we really believe that the government can have an Apple Store like experience beat if we designed great, easier experience modern systems.
Speaker 3: Because right now it's by hand.
Speaker 2: Yes, the retired processes all by paper, literally, with people carrying paper and Manila envelopes into this gigantic mind.
Speaker 1: So they can't retire more than a certain number every month.
Speaker 3: About eight thousand a month.
Speaker 2: That's how we do. The reason we discovered it was we were saying, like, well, let's encourage voluntary retirement. Well, the most you could do is eight thousand a month. And even I don't know a second houses it can take six to nine months just to have your time at pavework process and they often get the calculations wrong. So we're like, well, why would it take so long to retire? And they're like, well, because of the mind. We're like, what do you mean of mine? What's the mine got to do with retiring? And that's where we discovered that all the retirement stuff is done by still done by paper, in a process that looks identical to what occurred in the nineteen fifties. Like if you took a snapshot of the mind when a posts ot in the fifties, today it looks the same.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. So how long do you think it'll take to turnover.
Speaker 5: Orgon as vast If we can, probably the next couple of months, we'll have this overhauled. And you know, I really think again, like why are we subjecting our federal workers to processes that they actually have to go through a training just to retire from the government. There's a whole training program that people have to go through in order to retire. I think we can do better for them.
Speaker 3: Arem Mogandaci doje engineer?
Speaker 1: You go into these places one of the more than a dozen engineers. First people to go into the agencies and view the puter data sets. Tell me what you're finding, and for people who don't understand how that process works, explain it for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll say the first thing that got me really excited about DOGE was learning basically the state of government computers. By some estimates, government it costs about one hundred billion dollars and it's funding systems that are over fifty years old in the case of something like Social Security or the IRS. So really critical systems are old, they cost a lot of money to maintain, and they can be the efforts to improve them are often very delayed. So I thought, I'm a software engineer that that maybe can make a difference here. And that's really what inspired me.
Speaker 3: At a high level, I gave a.
Speaker 1: History about social Security and a lot of words about it. From here's what Democrats have been saying about it.
Speaker 4: It's absurd that Elon Musk is trying to eliminate billions of dollars from Social ste Security.
Speaker 7: Elon Musk and President Trump have set their sites on cutting social Security.
Speaker 1: Their goal is clear, destroy social security from within. You're in the building, I mean you're in the computers. What's happening there? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it doesn't line up with my experience on the ground. And I'll say the two improvements that we're trying to make to Social Security are helping people that legitimately get benefits, protect them from fraud that they experience every day on a routine basis, and also make the experience better. And I'll give you one example is at Social Security. One of the first things we learned is that they get phone calls every day of people trying to change direct positive information. So when you want to change your bank account, you can call Social Security. We learned forty percent of the phone calls that they get are from frauds stars that's right, almost half.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they steal people's social Security. Is what happens is they call in, they say they claim to be a retiree. Then they they and they convinced the post the Social Security person on the phone to change the where the where the money is flowing. It actually goes to some fraudster. Is this happening all day every day? And then and then somebody doesn't receive their Social Security it's because of all the fraud loopholes in the Social Security system.
Speaker 1: How do you reassure people that what you all are doing is not going to affect their benefits.
Speaker 2: No, in fact, what we're doing will help their benefits. Legitimate people, as a result of the work of doage will receive more social security, not less. When emphasize that, as a result of the work of Doge, legitimate recipients of social security will receive more money, not less money.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll emphasize that.
Speaker 2: Point and then and let the record show that I said this and it will be proven out to be true. Let's let's check back on this in the future.
Speaker 1: So, Washington Post, the Social Security Administration website crashed four times in ten days this month because the servers were overloaded, blocking millions of retirees and disabled veterans from logging into their online accounts. Freaked people out. Is that going to change, Yes, We're going to make sure that the website stays online. Yeah, But is it a result of going in there something you're doing.
Speaker 4: Since the amount of issues that were the Social Security system are enormous. As an example, there are over fifteen million people that are over the age of one hundred and twenty that are marked as alive in the Social Security.
Speaker 3: System, and that's an accurate figure. Correct.
Speaker 4: Correct. This has been something that's been identified as a problem again pre existing problems since two thousand and eight, at least from an IG report. So there are some great people working at the Social Career Administration in Social Security Administration that found this two thousand and eight, and nothing was done. And so fifteen to twenty million the Social Security numbers that were clearly fraudulent, we're floating around that can be used only for bad intentions. There'd be no way to use as for good intentions. And so one of the things the DOOSE team is doing is carefully and very methodically looking at those and making sure that any fraudulent ones are eliminated.
Speaker 1: Brad Smith working at HHS, and obviously another element is Medicare and Medicaid NIH, what do you finding.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, I'd say there's a couple of things we're really committed to in our work at AHHS. Number one, making sure we continue to have the best biomedical research in the world. And number two, making sure which President Trump has said over and over again that we one hundred percent protect Medicare and Medicaid, but there's a lot of opportunity. So if I take NIH as an example today, if you're inih researcher and you get one hundred dollars grant at your university today, you get to spend sixty of that and your university spends forty of that. The policy that we're proposing to make is that you get to spend eighty five of that and your university spends fifteen. So that's more money going directly to this scientists who are discovering new cures. Another example at NIH is today they have twenty seven different centers. They got created over time by Congress and they're typically by disease state or body system. There's seven hundred different IT systems today at NIH, seven hundred different IT software systems. They can't speak to each other, so they don't talk to them. They have twenty seven different CIOs, and so when you think about making great medical discoveries, you have to connect the data.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, time, twenty seven different chief information officers correct, correct.
Speaker 2: And most of them are non technical.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot there.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of opportunity, and it will make science better.
Speaker 2: Now, yurse, And when I say that, our job is tech support I really mean it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to fix the computers.
Speaker 2: If the computers can't talk to each other, you can't get research done. If the computers can't stay online, people won't receive as social security. So what we have here are a bunch of failing computer systems that are preventing people from receiving their benefits, that are preventing people from preventing research from happening, that are extremely vunerable to fraud. And we're fixing it.
Speaker 1: And does that include AI does that include kind of changing the system overall?
Speaker 3: That's what I guess what people are afraid.
Speaker 1: Of is they don't know what this is all looking like and is it going to affect me in the long term.
Speaker 2: It's going to affect them, It's going to affect people very positively. So the changes that we're doing here will ensure the solvency of the American government, of the American of the United States of America. This is what this is what we're trying to do is ensure that people do receive their benefits in the future. And you can all receive your benefits if the if the country is operating in a healthy and competent way.
Speaker 1: Up next, how the Doze team plans to streamline some federal jobs and agencies, and later Elon Musks answers some of your questions that you asked Vax Anthony Armstrong, Doze, Office of Personnel Management, Morgan Stanley Banker M and a guy you know money and this is a lot of money slashing around.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of money slashing around. There's a lot of money slashing out the door. And if you look at the federal government in the way the workforce works, it's really a one way ratchet over decades.
Speaker 3: So it's going up. It's only going up. You never take it away.
Speaker 9: So that leaves you with duplicative functions, It leaves you with overstaffing, and it leaves you with functions in the wrong places. So a couple of examples duplicative functions Brad mentioned twenty seven CIOs.
Speaker 2: If you had kept going.
Speaker 9: With Brady, probably talk about the communications office. I think you've got forty forty distinct communications offices in HHS, right, forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not unusual, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, multiple offices like anyone healthy.
Speaker 9: This is not about the employees. There there's been many many hard working, well meeting people who took these jobs. These jobs were out there, they applied for them, they took them. They're doing what's there. It's just that they're duplicating the effort of forty offices. So you've got that, you've got overstaffing. A good example of overstaffing would be the IRS has got fourteen hundred people who are dedicated to provisioning laptops and cell phones. So if you join the IRS, you get a laptop and a cell phone. You're provisioned. So if each of those IRS officers or employees provisioned two employees per day, you could provision the entire IRS in a little more than a month, so twelve times a year.
Speaker 2: You can read this. Why would you have fourteen hundred people whose only job it is to give a laptop and the phone.
Speaker 9: The whole IRS could be one a month, So that doesn't make any sense. And President Trump's been very clear scalpell not hatchet, and that's the way it's getting done. And then once those decisions are made, there's a very heavy focus on being generous, being caring, being compassionate, and treating everyone with dignity and respect. And if you look at how people have started to leave the government.
Speaker 3: It is largely through voluntary means.
Speaker 9: There's voluntary early retirement, there's voluntary separation payments, we put in place, deferred resignation.
Speaker 3: The eight month severance program.
Speaker 9: So it's a very heavy bias towards programs that are long data, that are generous, that allow people to exit and go and get a new job in the private sector.
Speaker 3: And you've heard a lot of.
Speaker 9: A lot of news about riffs about people getting fired. At this moment in time, less than zero point one five, not one point five, let's than point one five of the federal workforce has actually been given a riff notice, so.
Speaker 3: They're selected, if they're living.
Speaker 2: It is mostly almost no one's gotten fired.
Speaker 3: That's what we're saying, Tom Crass.
Speaker 1: Working at Treasury, you are having access to the payment system, oversees all the outgoing payments. Essentially those payments were going places we didn't know where they were going.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, Unfortunately that's the case, right you know, as in CFO of a big public tech company. Really what we're doing is we're applying public company standards to the federal government.
Speaker 2: And it is.
Speaker 10: Alarming how the financial operations in financial management is set up. Today, there is actually really only one bank account that's used to disburse all monies that go out of the federal government.
Speaker 3: About one bank account.
Speaker 10: It's a big one. It's a big one. It's a big one. It's a big one. A couple weeks ago, I had eight hundred million dollars in it. But it's the Treasury diedital account. So when you hear, you know, some of my colleagues here what they're talking about in terms of the fraud, you have to ask, well, why is this allowed to happen at a financial level. Well, it's actually quite simple but alarming the Treasury up until now, and thanks to President Trump, we're fixing this. In fact, there's an executive order that he just signed the other day which is protecting America's bank account because it really is the taxpayer's money, you know.
Speaker 3: One, we're changing the culture.
Speaker 10: The culture is and not a lot of caring and not a lot of commitment to doing what's right relative to financial operations.
Speaker 2: There's a five.
Speaker 10: Hundred million dollars a fraud every year. There's one hundreds of million dollars of improper payments, and we can't pass it on it. The Consolidated financial report is produced by Treasury, and we cannot pass it on we have material weaknesses.
Speaker 3: What that means is that if I was a public.
Speaker 10: Company CFO, I would effectively be removed. I couldn't file financial statements, I couldn't issue securities.
Speaker 2: Of course, can't pass it on right, The federal government cannot pass it in ordered, it's impossible. In fact, in order to pass order, you need the information that's pass and ordered. You need to have the payment code, you need to have the payment explanation, and you need to have a person who can contact to understand why that payment was made. None of those things were mandatory until until just recently, just a few weeks ago, in fact, maybe last week.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're serving five hundred and eighty plus agencies, and up until very recently, effect they could say make the payment and Treasury just sent it out as fast as possible, no verification. And so what we're doing is what any household would do. But imagine you're a household. You have a bank account. Everyone has an ATM card connect to that account, everyone has a check book to that account. It's not just your children, it's not just your parents at your in laws, it's your extended family and they all can go to the account and disperse funds, no questions asked, no justification, no verification.
Speaker 1: Up next, the DOSE team targets government contracts and we'll show you what they're finding. Tyler Hasson, Interior Department. You're a former oil company CEO. You're reviewing contracts before they're approved for funding.
Speaker 3: What do you find?
Speaker 7: Well, Elon and Steve kind of stole my thunder a little bit, but I actually found that customer service survey contract. I actually had an example of one right here.
Speaker 3: I could have done this in high school, and.
Speaker 2: I found it that bad.
Speaker 7: I found it on the weekends because under the Biden administration there was no departmental oversight within the Department of Interior whatsoever.
Speaker 3: None.
Speaker 2: We've now reviewing every.
Speaker 7: Single contract, every single grant, and when things come to my attention that don't make sense, I'm bringing him to Secretary Bergham, and he's been fantastic. He's a businessman, he's very supportive of DOGE. It's been wonderful to work with them.
Speaker 1: Is the battle between government of decades and decades of build up and business, which you guys are, is that like a.
Speaker 3: Train hitting each other. I mean, it seems like it's pretty disruptive.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a revolution, and I think it might be the biggest revolution in government since the original Revolution. But at the end of the day, America is going to be in much better shape. Mecca will be solvent, the critical programs that people depend upon will walk, and it's going to be a fantastic future. But we're going to get a lot of complaints along the way. Absolutely. You know, one of the things I learned at PayPal was, you know who complains the loudest and with the most amount of fake righteous indignation the fraudsters. That's it's a tell. Is that a crazy like the two billion dollars to Stacey Aprons ANDNGO that basically didn't exist and suddenly gets two billion dollars awarded from the federal government. She has why? And there are many such cases like that.
Speaker 1: I think that most people, common sense wise, would say the fraud's got to end. They're concerned about the ninety four year old mother who skips a check or somehow doesn't get what she's supposed to get.
Speaker 2: Right, And what we're trying to say is actually that the ninety four year old grandmother is actually, as a result of jo Dog's work, going to get her check. She's not going to be robbed by frauds's like she's getting robbed today. And the solvency of the of the federal government will ensure that she can tinages to receive those Social Security checks that Medicare continues to work, without which we're all doomed. And the reason we're doing this is because if we don't do it, America is going to go insolve it. We're going to go bankrupt and nobody's going to get anything.
Speaker 3: Why are you guys all doing it? I mean, you can pipe up, but you don't have to be here, right, I mean, you don't have to be doing this.
Speaker 10: I have four blet's with four beautiful children with an eye, but we have a real fiscal crisis and this is not sustainable. And what's worse, back to my children and everyone else's children, is are burdening them with that debt and it's only going to grow.
Speaker 3: See, there's not a lot of hierarchy here.
Speaker 1: You guys are kind of all approaching it in different you know, silos, but with the same kind of goal, right, I mean, this is really silicon Valley private sector colliding with government.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, we're heading in bad path, but that the chance of success exists. And just the one that I just is in my head right now, which is a fairly mundane one but I think is very illustrative, is credit cards. There are in the federal government around four point six million credit cards for around two point three to two point four million employees. This doesn't make sense, and so one of the things all the teams have have worked on is we've worked with the agencies and said, do you need all of these credit cards? Are they being used? Can you tell us physically where they are?
Speaker 3: I hope they're getting frequent flyers.
Speaker 4: Actually, on a different note, the rewards program the federal government has is actually not very good because that's a whole other negotiation, right, yeah exactly, But so far the teams have worked together and they've reduced it from four point six million to four point three million, So we're taking it easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but clearly the should not be, you know more, they should go more credit cards than there are people.
Speaker 3: Joe, middle level employees.
Speaker 1: Are they seeing a benefit to being empowered by taking out bureaucracy?
Speaker 5: I mean absolutely, I mean I think what you're seeing is taking the best of silk combelling in the business world and bringing it into the government. We're bringing the best practices and the best methodologies, and people are inspired right especially on the retirement processors I can speak to. They've been trying to modernize and get off of paper since early two thousands, very unsuccessfully. Every attempt has gone over budget and been canceled because it hasn't been successful. And so you know, I showed up and I feel like I'm here because it's an interesting problem. We can use design to solve it and good engineering and really create a better experience for everybody.
Speaker 2: We're talking about elementary financial controls that are necessary for any company to function. So like if these can if the pedal comment, if a commercial company operated the way the pedal comma does, then it would be immediately go bankrupt, it would be delisted, the officers would be arrested, and the changes were putting in place will enable the federal government to pass an ordered It will enable taxpayers to know where the money is going and know that they're harder and tax tax dollars are being spent well. The ways that the government is defrauded is that the computer systems don't talk to each other. So if the computer systems don't talk to each other, then you can you can exploit that gap, and frauds that exploit that gap take advantage. For example, there were over three hundred million dollars of small Business Administration loans that has been given out to people under the age of eleven.
Speaker 4: We'll actually to add to it three hundred million under the age of eleven and over three hundred million to over the age of one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 3: Definitely small business loans.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, the oldest American is one hundred and fourteen, so it's safe to say if their age is one hundred and fifteen or above, they're fake or they should be in the games. Spoke on world records, and we should not be giving out loans to babies. So the youngest recipient of a Small Business Administration loan is a nine month year old, which is a very very concious baby we're talking about here, So obviously it was just fraudulent and what they and they do terrible things. They actually will see that a kid's been born, they will steal that kid's Social Security number and then take out a loan and leave that kid with a bad credit rating. There's literally a baby. The terrible things are being done, is what we're saying, and how we're stopping these terrible things, and you can stop it. I mean, well, we are stopping.
Speaker 9: The reason this is happening is because the two systems are not talking to each other.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, And.
Speaker 9: So you don't know at the Small Business Administration that you're giving a loan to a nine month old, which happened in one case, because you're not cross referencing that with the Social Security Administration data that has birth dates. So that very very simple fix eliminates tremendous frat and that there are multiple systems across the government where the systems are not speaking with one another.
Speaker 2: And if you just.
Speaker 9: Solve that simple problem, you would solve a huge amount of fraud.
Speaker 7: Are you.
Speaker 2: One of the ways, like one of the key tricks that the frauds is pull is that they will use the fact that someone is marked as live as sort of just that that Social Security numbers marks is live in Social Security and then then get disability and unemployment insurance for a dead person. Because the databases don't talk to each other. All they got was from Social Security? Is like, is this person alive? Yes, they're not. They're not alive if it's falsely mark person's falsely markerslive Social Security, but they didn't. But fraudser can now get unemployment and disability from a dead person. This is happening all the time at scale.
Speaker 1: Are you surprised at some of the legal efforts and some of the judges that have weighed in there's about eight or ten now of these cases that are at least temporary holds. They're being challenged by the d JAY. Are you surprised by that pushback?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the DC circuit is notorious for having a very far left blias. And when you look at the people close to some of these judges, who are where are they working? Are they working at these NGOs they're getting the other ones getting this money? Does that seem like a system that lacks corruption? It sounds like corruption to me.
Speaker 1: Last thing, do you guys all see this as a patriotic duty?
Speaker 3: Is that really what this is about?
Speaker 2: It's essential?
Speaker 7: So I do one hundred percent. I was running five businesses in Houston and I left that. I left great people to do this and my wonderful wife said go for it, and here I am. But I feel like this is me giving back to the country.
Speaker 2: If we don't do this, we're sunk the ship. Unless unless just exercise is successful, the ship of America will sink. That's why we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Well, gentlemen, I really appreciate the today, and hopefully it took some of the myth and mystery out of DOGE and what's happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We asked on AX your platform for some questions, and here is c.
Speaker 3: Spurling.
Speaker 1: He writes, Are they happy with the speed at which they're making changes? Are there any changes they would like to make but haven't yet?
Speaker 2: Well, I think in the context of the government, we're moving like lightning. In the context of what I'm used to moving, it's slower than I'd like. So what seems like incredibly fast action by GOUTMA standards is slower than I'd like to be totally frank but we're all making solid progress. A very sort of thorny problem, a tough problem. Really, it's kind of like painful homework. Frankly is reconciling all of the government databases to eliminate the waste and fraud. These databases don't talk to each other, and that's really the source of that's the biggest vulnerability for fraud is the fact that these databases don't talk to each other. So we need to reconcile the databases. It's a frankly painful homework, but it has to be done and we'll greatly improve the efficiency of the government systems.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about any plans to approach cuts at the Pentagon.
Speaker 3: You're in there.
Speaker 2: The Pentagon has not passing udits in a very long time. I mean, as crazy as it sounds, they will lose twenty thirty billion dollars a year and they don't know where They literally don't know where it went. I mean, Senator Collins was telling me about how she gave the Navy twelve billion dollars for extra submarines, got zero extra submarines, and then when she held a hearing, said where the twelve billion dollars go? They didn't know.
Speaker 1: Talking to those guys, and you have a great team from all over the country, you don't have to be here.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be here.
Speaker 1: You know, there's now been these many cases of violence, vandalism, at Tesla dealerships. How does that affect your employees, your customers, What does it mean to you? Like, how have you taken that in?
Speaker 2: Well? I think I think a great wrong is being done to the people of Tesla and to our customers. Tesla is a peaceful company that has made great cars, great products, that's all it's done, hasn't harmed anyone, and yet people are committing violence. They're firebombing Tesla dealerships, they're shooting guns into stores, they're threatening people that you know, they're issuing death threats against me and another Tesla personnel. What are they doing this for? Why? And what's happening? It seems to me is they're being fed propaganda by the far left and they believe it. It's really unfortunate. But the real problem is not not the people. It's not like that, the you know, the crazy guy that fire bombs at Tesla dealership. It's the people pushing the propaganda that that caused that guy to do it. Those are the real villains here, and we're going to go after them. And the Presence made it clear we're going to go after them, the ones providing the money, the ones pushing the lies, and propaganda. We're going after them.
Speaker 3: And it's been this evolution.
Speaker 1: I mean, the last administration was going to mandate electric vehicles and now you see on the far left some efforts to go after electric vehicles.
Speaker 3: It's quite something.
Speaker 2: It is ironic. I mean, it seems like the most ironic outcome is most likely.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, un personally, it's got to take a toll.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, it does. I think there's some real evil out there and we have to overcome it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have been called a Nazi, a white supremacist, a fascist.
Speaker 2: I mean they've got this sort of.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they've still got it. They haven't. I guess they still needs to call me Stalin, Mussolini, you know, whatever or whatever. I mean, they've called the president all these things. I think at one point there was a magazine cover which which said the president was worse than the president. Trump was worse than Hitler and Mussolini and Stalin combined. The president hasn't killed anyone, he hasn't started any wars. In fact, he's good at stopping wars. So this is obviously they're pushing these lies. And why do they push these lies? And I think we need to hold people responsible for pushing these lives because those lies almost got the present killed.
Speaker 1: It's something that people want to know about the president. You're pretty close to him now, you spend a lot of time with them. What's something that people wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I think the President is a good man. I think he is an honest man. And I have yet to see him do anything mean or anything that is wrong that I would say, Mali wrong, not even once you.
Speaker 3: Know a lot is coming your way.
Speaker 1: But sometimes you say stuff or post stuff that gets attention, you give it out. In other words, Democratic Arizona Senator Mark Kelly posted on ACT about his trip to Ukraine to push for continuing to send US weapons and support there, and you posted that he was a trader.
Speaker 3: Why I do that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think somebody should be should care about the interests of the United States above the interest of another country. They don't. They're a trader.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's a decorative veteran, a former astronaut, a sitting US senator.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean it's okay for him to put the interest of another country above me.
Speaker 1: Obviously, there are some Republicans who think supporting Ukraine is the right thing still, but there is a battle back and forth about how do you think it comes to an end?
Speaker 2: Well, I think there will be a negotiated peace. And the thing that we should be concerned about is we should have empathy for the thousands of people that are dying every day in trenches for no movement in the lines. So the borders remained the same for the past two years. Thousands of people have died every week for nothing, for what? And I take great offense at those who those who put the appearance of goodness over the reality of it, those who virtue signal and say, oh, we can't give into Russia, but have no solution to stopping thou of kids dying every day. They just want that to continue forever. I have contempt for such people. I don't want to make that clear. Yeah, so you're statific because they're bot you signaling and their lack of a solution means that kids don't have a father. It means that parents lost a son for what. Nothing.
Speaker 3: To your optimistic that the President's plan my work.
Speaker 2: The president plan is the only thing that will work.