Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine, The Games, Mike the Bulldog, Beyonji on jr R.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't forget you're listening for that double dose of Metallica this morning. Uh second song starts, you'd be the one hundred first caller. You might find yourself sitting where Taco Bob.
Speaker 1: A second row at the Big jr R. Metallica. Show the number again because people are asking. Four oh seven nine one six one oh one one.
Speaker 2: Has not played yet. It will before ten o'clock. Speaking of playing, we had a little hockey game last night, Bulldog, which I'm sure you've been up celebrating all night long. How did that taste, Lightning fans? How did that taste? Six to three?
Speaker 3: My Panthers close out the Lightning last night?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Man? I was partying all night long.
Speaker 3: I'm a little hungover today from all the beers I drank to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Man, what is this?
Speaker 3: Is? This?
Speaker 2: Is this now?
Speaker 3: Three consecutive first round losses by the Lightning?
Speaker 2: Let it? Can we just move along? No?
Speaker 3: I don't think three consecutive first round losses. Tampa Bay is now one to nine in their past ten home playoff games.
Speaker 2: It's over. The Lightning Run is ova.
Speaker 3: Not only do my Panthers dominate the state of Florida, they dominate the entire sport. They're defending champions. So yeah, the Lightning Run is now officially. Oh, you're calling for a repeat. I told pat you were you were given, you were gonna give them that? How that tastes? That was right, bulldog?
Speaker 2: I did tell Taco though, under show rules, I will now be at your side cheering on the in state team as they await the winner of the Maple Leafs Senators series.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, you being from South Florida, you should have been rooting for the Panthers to begin with.
Speaker 2: The Panthers weren't a team when I lived in South Florida. The Lightning were a team when I moved here. And that's that's the team I've rooted for. So there is my explanation.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it was such a glorious night last night. Not only did my Panthers win, but what about the Lakers, the hated Lakers getting ousted from the NBA playoffs Last night?
Speaker 2: Ding Dong the witch is dead.
Speaker 3: The Timberwolves beat the Lakers one oh three to ninety six Lakers go out and five Rudy Go Bear. What a monster he was last night career highs with twenty seven points and twenty four rebounds for Rudy Gobert, Lakers had no answer for him. Now there's gonna be all sorts of questions for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, Lakers aren't used to getting ousted in the first round, but they have now. I think they've been ousted in the first round for the last three years.
Speaker 2: Clearly, clearly should have used Brown anymore.
Speaker 3: Actually, actually, they probably wish they still had Anthony Davis last night. He might have been able to control Rudy Go Bear. So I just worry about you know, how spoiled the Lakers fans in that franchise is. I just worry that they might fire JJ Reddick after one year.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I thought the same thing. Hey, hey, dog, while you guys were talking hockey, since Pat did all season even though the Lightning didn't make it past the first whatever. Uh, don't forget about our Bears taking on who dog the Florida ever Blaze. Oh yeah, it is a matchup again, as you said it would be every week in May sixth we're talking serious games here. We're getting in the you know, final action stuff. Go Bears, there we go, good old God other NBA action. The Rocket stave off elimination. They beat the Warriors last night. The Warriors still lead that series three to two. Sad news in the NFL. Former FSU quarterback Jordan Travis, who was a rookie last he's in drafted in the fifth round by the Jets. Everybody remembers he broke his leg, had a serious leg break near the end of FSU season two years ago. That's one of the reasons FSU didn't make the playoff. They got robbed out of going to the playoffs. He announced his retirement yesterday from football, Jordan Travis. I guess that leg never healed and he said he was medically advised to retire. So sad news for Jordan Travis. Yeah, that does suck. Sucks big time.
Speaker 3: By the way, So Bill Belichick came out with a statement yesterday. I'm saying there's quote a false narrative that his girlfriend, Jordan Hudson, was trying to control. That interview he did was that last weekend with CBS.
Speaker 2: News Sunday Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the who's the guy who conducted the interview?
Speaker 2: Do you know his name off the top of my head? So that the story was Belichick says they were only supposed to discuss us the book that he has out right, yeah, right.
Speaker 3: And Tony is it Tony? I don't know how to say the guy's last name, Tony Deo something.
Speaker 2: And he went off script and asked him about other stuff, and that's when she you know, we're not talking about that, right, Yeah? Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: I hate to take the anti media stance here because I am a media guy, media giant. If if CBS did say, hey, we're just gonna ask you about the book and they and they sort of, you know, ambushed him with that, I do think that's.
Speaker 1: A little low class. But they don't ambush on that show. Like Pat was saying the other day, that show is very relaxed Sunday Morning relaxed.
Speaker 2: Feel they're not going to ambush.
Speaker 3: The part and I saw didn't seem that relaxed. Why did they air that then? If it's so relaxed, huh to create the drama of course? Exactly, Hey, some some other serious stuff, you're the incident in Pittsburgh and during the Pirate game yesterday, did you see that?
Speaker 2: That was sad? Yeah, fan falls over the outfield wall over twenty feets in critical condition. We've seen this a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Man, speaking of falling, did you see the story to John Elways buddy, John Elways, one of his best friends, his longtime agent. I guess they were playing golf and Elway was driving the golf court and the guy fell out of the golf court cart, hit his head on the asphalt and died.
Speaker 2: Now the account I read, I don't sounds like they were at a golf slash country club setting at an event and were on their way. They weren't playing golf. I'm not one hundred they may have at some point, but they said they were leaving the event when the incident happened. So I.
Speaker 3: Like driving there. Maybe they were driving their clubs to the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Like you doing. I don't know. I don't know, man, That just all around bad situations.
Speaker 1: I told Pat this happened ahead of a company. A friend of mine was at this big golf tournament, you know, like business thing, and the head of the company who threw the whole thing. Somebody turned hard. He went out hit his head dunk. Same thing. Think about that when you're hosting the tournament. Yeah, oh my god. You don't play around on golf carts. People need to know that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should have seat belts.
Speaker 1: Maybe just the thought it'd be great in between every hole to have to pop here between every shot. Okay, it's a par five, I'm whipping this one on my six shot.
Speaker 3: I mean click that seatbelt again. One of my buddies drove that wasn't intentional. He tried to park his golf cart on the end climb by a retention pond and it rolled into the pond.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've been there, done that. That wasn't good. All right. Mike the Bulldog Beyonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty FM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings at Jason Tussidy ducks out of there for a few minutes to join us here on j R R for the sports page. Any birthdays today, Dog.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to my favorite country singer, the great Tim McGraw.
Speaker 2: Wo hoo hymas g R R