Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on my own, but not bald. I thought AF with Cecily and Stephanie. What's up, everybody, Welcome to board AF. It's a show. Listen. The name can be deceiving. We create. We came up with the name. It was COVID nobody. We were bored. We were so bored we could. You couldn't leave the house. Well you could, but you couldn't go anywhere. Where are you going? I miss that.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't miss like the deaths and everything that was awful, But I thought that was the part you missed. I miss like the I mean not now. I had nostalgia. I did have nostalgia for it for a while. I don't have it anymore. It has, it has passed.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't quite explain it.
Speaker 2: There was something just kind of special about like reconnecting to people using Zoom and using remember House game that you play the game, there's something called like house Party, and you downloaded an app and you could play charades with people.
Speaker 1: And it's like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't hate this, I don't love and I got to tell you, I don't mean to scare anybody. But I went to dinner last night and a lot of masks were back on. So I'm like, did I because I did turn off the news for a couple of days?
Speaker 1: Is there another thing? There's a flu? And crazy is the people? Just because you know a lot of people got really mad about having to wear a mask during COVID. Turns out they do work, so people in other countries use them for just regular illnesses. So although you don't have to wear a mask, like I feel like if people are sick or they're planning to go on a trip and they just don't want to catch anything, that's a game. It's a good way to protect yourself. You don't have to. I'm feeling you.
Speaker 2: No, I know I wore a mask. I mean I was one of those like you. I bought the gloves I like, went and found those gloves or I would change out every day. You know how things like bring you back, Like smell is such a strong sense of memory. And every time I smell the you called the you know, the.
Speaker 1: The stuff you squirt on your hands to make them clean. It's a sanitizer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel like there's another name for him. But that as a sanitizer. Yeah, Like when I smell it in certain ones, like from right A, it had like a nice little aloe smell to it, I.
Speaker 1: Get a little musted out. I don't know, I get a little like, ah.
Speaker 2: I don't use that shit anymore, and I never wash my hands. I learned nothing. I learned. I went the other way. I'm like, fuck it, I'm gonna roll myself in this. Oh you've matt you have mad cow disease.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me snuggle up.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a fan of any of this, and I'm I want to be very careful. But yeah, I mean after a couple of years, I think we just we we did what we had to do, and now I kind of just don't do it. Do you do you like scrub your hands and hot water for every Yeah, of course. Not wash your fruit for a long time, soak it. I mean I wash all fruit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've ever washed fruit. Really apples.
Speaker 2: You have to wash an apple because people pick that shit up at the store. I've always washed the apple. But I'm just telling you that I really don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be rude, but that's nasty girl. I mean yeah, but like, how often do you hear am I sick? Oh? When's the last time you heard of me being sick? You had a long cough? You don't have that? Well, I've always had I've always had that. I didn't have a year long cough. You were in it, don't you remember? You were in it, literally in a sanitarium for TB. Did you You don't remember that? Yeah, I was in there for that. I don't. Was I at a TV?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I was. I was. I'm saying I'm saying you. I'm saying, yes, I was in sanitarium for TV. But that was something that's not what I caught from an apple. I mean, they say an apple a day, but I don't know. I mean, you know what, here's the difference between us. My grocery store is rock and roll. Ralph's right.
Speaker 2: People that go into rock and roll, they are not people that you want touching your apples. And I am not being judgmental. That is just facts. So I think I'm coming at it from a day it's like, oh God, like I'm scared to eat anything. I mean, that's why I it's all microwave dinners, because touches the thing yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even then they'll touch it sometimes, just take it out and look at it and put it back, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's pretty crazy, you know, it's crazy. I just think that what you're going to get from not washing something is more of like a stomach issue, right. I feel like you're going to get more your more app to get something like Legionnaire's disease is that you don't want that. No, you don't want that. I'm not saying you want that, but I'm saying that's that's more what you're gonna get than like a flu. But you're saying you don't like Legionnaire's disease. You're what I hear you saying is but I don't want a stomach thing. And what I'm saying is like, you know what, what's wrong with a little stomach thing? Do you? I mean, do you want to be skinny or not? I guess.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. I don't let me ask you this. Let me ask you this. Have you gotten because later in life we're supposed to get TB. We're supposed to get their shots again. You know, we're supposed to get a shingle shot. I am late I'm going to get it, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't want it. I've uh no, I haven't done it. And now you're making me feel really guilty too.
Speaker 2: Not me too, I feel guilty too because I want to do it. But you have to take a whole weekend. See, you've got John and people that can help you, like I can't unless somebody can watch them. And honestly, like you're really sick for like two days, not just like the COVID vaccine sick, which makes you a little flu made me a little fluy. I do it every year still, by the way, I still I still get COVID backs.
Speaker 1: They like you, Oh yeah, what do you mean. I got it in like September.
Speaker 2: Oh I went because I was watching the news and I went, and I get my.
Speaker 1: Flu in COVID boxes together. Okay, And that's where you're going wrong. That's why you're having to take a weekend off. No, that's for shingles.
Speaker 2: I don't have to take it off for those I get a little like I don't feel good for like one day. But shingles is like you've got to give yourself. My friend had like four days she had to take off work. She was so sick Jesus A lot of my friends, but one friend really like she something really went wrong. She had it. It's very painful too, Like I'm not trying to scare people away. You should do it post fifty. But it's a thing. So I've been scared, but we should fucking do it. Cause I had shingles already. I had it when I was fourteen?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: And let me tell you girl what. I don't know what you come to this podcast for, but it's horrible. And the doctor when they went in, they said they'd never seen a case because it's, you know, chicken pox related, but it's not. They said they'd never seen a case so young. And the doctor said to my mom, I.
Speaker 1: Think I told you this because the doctor goes, does your daughter stress a lot? Does she get stressed?
Speaker 3: And my mom's like, oh all, we're all just like and then it was it seemed like the time to tell the doctor that the kids at school called me stressily, which I never even minded because like, if the shoe fits, yeah, so my fucking stress and whatever immune system.
Speaker 2: I had shingles and it's so painful and mine was not even a bad case.
Speaker 1: Are you sappy? So that's the only time though, you've ever had it. Yeah, but I should definitely get the vaccine. But I'm scared. I'm like, what if it don't But you've never had it again. That's so crazy, isn't it The kind of thing where if you get it, you like in your body.
Speaker 2: Well, it's in your body anyway, if you've had the chicken pox, it's stays dormant, same as you know, the same all the thing. So it's like it's up, It's in there, just waiting to be open up. How do you get up? Or do I get stressed out? I guess I don't know what I did.
Speaker 1: So it is stress related.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's a lot of things related. It's a virus that just can be like if your immune system goes down in my I was also I think I was fourteen, so I was really underweight at the time. I wasn't really eating. I mean, who knows why. Sometimes it just happens. But it's like a rash that it goes in a straight line. That's how they can tell what it is. It's just like a it went on. It was on my back all the way to my chest and it went in a perfect straight line, and it's just like the most painful thing.
Speaker 1: Like god, I now remember I have not heard good things, like I've never heard anybody back out there. It wasn't horrible. We don't want that. Are we going to have to rehire like an in home caregiver though? For it to take care of her hand?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: We get the shot, yes, well you have that. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Also, you have to get a second shot, yes, two weeks later like the first COVID's. Remember when you sted to have to do that. I don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: Remember the pasters We had to get one and then you got one like two weeks later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was really that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Did I ever tell you? I mean, I'm sure, I'm sure we talked about it, but I was obsessed with getting the shot. I mean, he's still me shit about it to this day. People sometimes I don't know. I've seen it online where somebody was like, oh my god, she was trying to like take cuts because do you remember the story? Because I found like a clinic. First of all, I was constantly like looking at the different sites, and you could not get an appointment at any of the sites. Oh I know, same same because yeah, yep, so I found this clinic though that was like it was for low income families that you cut, no, I do, well, yeah, I sort of did. What happened is appen was I went down to this place it was like downtown, and we took Elby, So we went. We had tried to go on our own, John and I to just try to get a shot, and you you'd wait all day and you couldn't get in. So then the next time we went, we took Elbe and she was it was they have the shot for sixteen year olds. So if you were there in line with a sixteen year old, I believe we literally had her take a day off school and we went to this place and we waited in line, and then they would call groups and they called for sixteen year olds. Oh my gosh, and so if you were with a sixteen year old, you got to go with them and get the shot.
Speaker 2: I cut a little too, I'd had I was one of the I had like a heart you know, well my heart thing, right, So I asked my cardiologist and I'm like, can you I should go early? Right, because it was if you were in any kind of immune immuno confident compromise. And my cardiologist is like, you're not immuno compromise. You had heart surgery and it's been fixed and you don't have to worry about that. So but you know, the funny thing about COVID is that the pharmacy, no one knew anything, including the pharmacist. So all I had to do is I went in and I was like, I'm my heart and I showed my scar, you know, and they were like okay, because.
Speaker 1: They don't fuck it.
Speaker 2: Nobody knew nobody, And I didn't feel that bad. I just there wasn't like a big line that I got in front of. I write this like kind of pharmacy that somebody told somebody in Beverly Hills, but no one really knew they had the thing, but no one was really on it, you know, so it was like okay. So yeah, it wasn't like I didn't like throw someone. I didn't grab someone like a ninety five year old and like throw them into the street so.
Speaker 1: I could get it. I would have. I didn't do that either. And here's the like, you know, just to take it down a notch. Here's the thing that a lot of people didn't understand was that at some of these low income areas, they weren't a lot of the people the neighborhood didn't know about it. They didn't I know about the COVID vaccine, they didn't know about these low cost what was free. But they didn't know about these clinics. So there were a lot of people that were sort of starting trying to spread awareness, and you know, it was like it was hard to get in because it was all freaking people like me that weren't in the neighborhood. So that was the thing that they didn't love, was that it was supposed to be for people in the neighborhood. I always met people. But on the other hand, the reason I didn't even were not bad is they weren't a lot of those people weren't there, and really not a time where you could really just go door to door. You were scared for your life. We were scared for our lives. Yes we did.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, I'm going to switch I got switch topics really quick. If I may, or go what were you going to say something to I didn't mean to.
Speaker 1: No, I was just I was going to say like fuck you, no, okay, fair enough this is the thing I wanted to talk about that I was all excited to talk about.
Speaker 2: And I feel kind of weird saying it, but I know that these people don't listen to. Do you ever do that on for crying out loud or whatever? You're like, I want to tell the story And I feel kind of bad, but like fuck.
Speaker 1: It because I don't even bother to listen to this. Yeah, there are well my problem with for crying out loud not naming that. There that every once in a while, Lynette and I will talk about somebody that's like in my life, like something that I you know, worked with or a parent from the kids.
Speaker 2: To school, and I don't listen, so, yeah, you don't I give be one of those people.
Speaker 1: And I always go like, none of those people listen. And then every once in a while, somebody really random in my life will just be like, oh my god, I was listening to your podcast, and I'm like, we.
Speaker 2: Know what, I have a lot of those I have. I know who I think listens, so I just kind of careful. But okay, I'm going to tell you something. This is I'm not naming names, but I have two friends that don't know each other they've met, but they don't know each other. Okay, and this story isn't going to be long, so like we're gonna have to fill this out.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you right now.
Speaker 2: But one of them, they both have a cadence when they speak that both drive me. Fuck, it drives me crazy talking to them. So I want I want to I want to break this down with you and figure out, like, is it my I think it's my impatience and I do have ADHD. So like when someone's telling a story in a certain way, I'm like, fucking get to it, like I'm doing right now. But it's more the way they speak, not what they're saying. So one of them does this. I'm just gonna just I'm just gonna say they're both he he But that's not necessarily true. Okay, Okay, he does this.
Speaker 1: This guy's like so.
Speaker 2: I was as wait, I was so and it like every not every word, but like every tenth word is held out that long. So I have lost I am no longer listening at the first sentence. I really honestly don't know why. I know that that's impatient and shitty. But then my other friend, he talks like this. He'll be telling a story and he'll just be like yeah. So in we went to London and I'm like, okay, dude, and I'm closer to him, so I'll say you got to go, like, I'm out if you don't speed this up. And then I even said to him today, actually, I go, can you just put this on a voice recording, like do a voice memo and I'll put it at one point five because I literally cannot do this.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I can't do it? So what's wrong? What's what's going on here? I know I talk fast, so that's on me, but like, what can I do? What are some tips that.
Speaker 1: I will have? I genuinely think because I have I also have have this issue. I won't say had it which and we've talked about it. Yes, yes, I genuinely think that there are times, and you might not know it in the moment, but there are times when you have more anxiety than other times. And it's always I noticed this for myself. It always bothers me more when I'm anxious. When I'm anxious, I'm like, oh my god, I can't listen to this for much longer.
Speaker 2: I think I'm always anxious. I don't think there's a lot of times where that isn't the case.
Speaker 1: But you wouldn't need to be friends with this person if they could not get a sentence out.
Speaker 2: But I had this thought of like, what if they talk to each other? What if I was in a room and they're having a conversation with each other.
Speaker 1: Would it sound like that? Would it be?
Speaker 2: Now I'm very self conscious about how I'm speaking, but I'm telling you one of them is like, yeah, so, And then occasionally they'll say something that is normal, like in normal speed. They'll be like, yeah, so right, okay, so we landed in Vancouver and then okay, and it's it's crazy to me, but that's just how this person talks.
Speaker 1: I think. I think there are people that know, uh, they know they're kind of doing it, but they're not thinking ahead and there they don't have a we're storytellers, so we kind of know where shit's going, right, you know when we go to start out of story listen, are there going to be times when we go hold on a minute, I forgot to give you this part to give it context. Right, Oh, sure that's going to happen. But I think in general, we kind of know when we're starting out a story, we don't usually start out with like, oh my god, I have the funniest thing to tell you, and then just trail off forever. And I think that a lot of people do because they're just not used to telling stories. Is that possible this person they are both used to telling stories. One tells them on stage, they are both in the entertainment business. That's absolutely not No. I think it's like with one of them. I think that this person is looking at other doing other things. Because this is always on the phone, it's not as bad in person. Okay, so I think that he's he's texting, or he's you know, yeah, he's doing something else. I guess. I don't know. That's where you just got to call it out and go it sounds like you're distracted, So why don't you let's talk later when you're not.
Speaker 2: Wanting to put it on a voice memo whatever this bullshit is. But I also know I'm impatient the other one. Yeah, I don't know, but it just I just thought of it today, was like, my god, what if we were all what if they talk to each other?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, they just won't talk to each other. They won't they will have nothing to say to each other. They would both be like, oh my god, you're the most boring person I've ever talked to, not realizing they're already boring.
Speaker 2: The space is in between what I said to the like I said my friend that I'm closer to where I was, like, just put it in a voice memo. I can't, I go the spaces are too long between your words. And he's like, you, you just talk fast, so that's what you and I go, Yes, But maybe somewhere in the middle is.
Speaker 1: The truth, you know, like, let me say this too. Let me say this. Sometimes when you become aware of it, it makes it one hundred times worse, like when you start going like, oh my god, this person. Okay, so case in point and John and I noticed this at the same time. But do you ever listen to Sam Cedar The Majority Report? Okay, I used to love him, love him like he's super super smart, he's really and trimmy door. He bites with Jimmy dor. He's always on the right side of things as far as I'm concerned. Whatever, Yes, yes, and he speaks for a living his show, The Majority Report. I believe it's every day it's a daily thing and it's a couple hours. Yeah, lately. And I said this to John, I said, is do you think it's because he's getting old he has the um disease? It's just I have them. But he says it so much and he can't it takes so long. It's what you're describing. He'll like, Okay, he'll say like, oh, the I got a new iPhone and the it's not working the way older. That's what I said to John. And John said, no, he's kind of been that way for a really long time. You just haven't noticed. Oh okay, that's do you think.
Speaker 2: That's a possibility absolute? I think yeah, I think both of them. I mean these people, I've known one longer than the other, and I know that they've they've always taught one the one.
Speaker 1: Who hold down.
Speaker 2: Every word, Like I've never not known this person to do that. So that's just how they talk. They don't know and and yeah, the more I and now I'm thinking now I'm very self conscious, like I probably am. There's words I can't I couldn't remember hand sanitizer. That's got to be frustrating for people listening. But like it's not I'm not expecting perfection. I just want to be I guess as I get older, I just want to be like more no nonsense about what I can handle. And maybe it's just been maybe I just want to be alone with like fifteen cats. They are going to meow when they meet. They're not going to hold out their meals. Well they might some of them do, I guess, but you know what I mean. I want to like set down, but I want to be kind about it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm not kind about it with my other friend because he, like you know, he doesn't give a show.
Speaker 1: Right. Okay, now, so yeah, I've told you this story before, and I probably told it at least twice, maybe three times, and I retell it to my kids a lot. But I had that situation but different with somebody and I couldn't ever tell them. And it was the girl who said maamo all the time. And if you recall, it was so bad, it just it was nails on a chalkboard. I lived with her, we were roommate. We had a tick. For those who don't remember, it was an affect. She had a roommate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she had a roommate and a friend who had I would call it a tick.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't a tick. She thought it was cute. A tick means okay. She'd be like, hi, yamyo, oh so I went to the store and blah blah blah, yeahmyo, like that's a tick. No, it's not. No, you can't. A tick is neurological. It's not this. She did not have a neurological issue. She just started it out. Maybe it was an anxiety thing. Maybe it was a thing that propped up in her conversation the way some people will say, like, but it became a crutch. But also she would call people blah blah blah, like she called her cat something head right, So then she would he's steph heead and she would do it. But the thing all the time. And she dated a guy that we both know and he yes, his name is Ron the one dog. Yeah that's dated him, okay, And yeah, so he's not gonna he's not gonna listen to tell you might we don't know what's going on what podcast. He was very edgy. You know. He reminds me a little bit of Charles Bakowski totally, just not the women hating more the women loving, but also just doesn't put up with any kind of bullshit, like you know. Anyway, they dated for a while and and he brought up with her and one day I talked to him and he said that I just couldn't deal with the mayammeo thing. Oh my god. Same. But how do you tell somebody see that's different? Because how do you say, like, that thing you think is kind of cute and kind of like part of your personality is so obnoxious and nobody can stand it.
Speaker 2: I think you don't say that, you say, hey, what's with the maya maow, You don't say all the other stuff. You're just like, what do you do? You know that you're saying that.
Speaker 1: I did I did do that, I did try that. She thought it was cute, I said. She say, really say like miammo a lot, And she was like, ah do I you know, just kind of liked my thing. That's crazy is your thing. But when it's bad, when you just can't deal with something that somebody who you're kind of close to does to the point that you have to just go, I just can't be I can't I can't be friends with this person too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's exactly my point. And it's not even something that they're doing. Like I have to separate what matters because it doesn't really matter the cadence of something. What matters is who they are and if I love them and they're good, you know, and I want good people that I love around me. So I don't want to just like throw it all out. But at the same time, I maybe you should just check myself. I think it's more like I need to meditate, I need to Patience is not my best or I don't have that as a virtue. I just don't, like I get really impatient in a line for the bank. I make it a big to do like everybody else is also in line of the bank. I don't have to make eye contact with everyone and to go, oh my god, this one.
Speaker 1: But I do. But I think that that's anxiety. I think that whenever I'm feeling extra anxious and edgy, you know, if I haven't like worked out or I haven't I just don't feel in it. Oftentimes going to meetings helps me kind of like I'll go into a meeting and I've got so many like I'm just agriate it at so much stuff, and then I go, oh, never mind feel better. But if you're extra anxious, everything bugs me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People, Yeah, nobody can fucking drive, you know, yes, every day.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, But there's I've got to look at that because you say work out, like I haven't even I don't even go on walks anymore, which I used to do a lot and haven't been able to do. So yeah, maybe, but I've always been this way. I here's a funny thing. I was going to play this for you, but there's some stupid stuff on there, so I have to young. Cecily said stuff that now Cecily wouldn't say, not think racist or anything. Don't don't, don't worry about that. But can you imagine it's like we wouldn't put on the show. But I have these tape recordings of myself that I sent to Chip. You know, my my bestie for those who don't know, well recently, when I told him he was my bestie, he was like really and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh what do you mean? He goes, well, I go, am I not yours?
Speaker 2: He said, well, you're in the top five, but like not number one.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're bestie isn't Sometimes who your bestie is you're not their bestie. It's hard to match that ship up, really impossible. But I sent him these tapes of myself. I could play a little bit. But I had this friend named Kelly. I was about eight or nine, and I think I talked about it once on the thing, but I was very at a very thick Texas accent, and was very bossy being Holly Hunter broadcast news, even though especially as the kid, you know in the first part of the movie where she's just a kid, and I was, I mean like i'd be like, okay, Kelly, say what you think about Nick Tom, you know, I'd name all the guys in our class and like, what do you think? And she was clearly playing Atari because you could hear the Atari game, which is hear like Pitfall.
Speaker 1: I was like, ba na right.
Speaker 2: And then I go, Kelly, say it, I'm talking. I'm gonna turn the type off if you don't. And she's like, oh my god, that's me at eight. So this isn't new. Well, I mean, I'm not proud, but I'm also trying to own like.
Speaker 1: Just just that's who I am.
Speaker 2: A little bit, because if that really was who I am, and I'm just yelling at my friend Kelly. I friends with her on Facebook, and I kind of want to send it to her and just go, I'm really sorry about that. I'm like, oh my god, talk say something. Then you hear me turning the table. That's still how you currently feel.
Speaker 1: You just have more self control over yelling it at people. I don't know that I do, though. I think that's my whole point is that I think I don't.
Speaker 2: It's just not as cute because I don't have a cute, little eight year old Texas accent. It is pretty cool that you can hear pitfallen like pac Man and stuff in the background.
Speaker 1: That is funny. But the one, so, the one friend though, that that does speak for a living like, that's the one that you said that you've said straight up like just send this to me in a voice memo. That's my friend. Yeah, right, But the other one, you you haven't ever like lost your cool and been like, oh my god, you're annoying me. No, okay, no, I mean you're doing that fair, I'm good, I'm getting up, getting better. Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Said to that person that they're annoying me for different reasons, but never each never the because you can't really change that. You don't want to draw attention to because they're not going to change it now. Yeah, that's just how they talk. Also, remember what was the movie? Was it best in Show? I think it was one of the characters like did the thing where she would she would kind of do that and she would hold her she'd close her eyes when she would feel out. She'd be like, yeah, so our terrier.
Speaker 1: She kind of did that. But also the eyes are closed. Well, they wrote the character that way too, so they obviously knew that was like a affect that people don't like. It was Catherine O'Hara's character. My love. That's how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: And I'm a dick, and I'm asking for forgiveness from the universe for you, guys. Is from you guys. Uh, there's any way you can help me out? Well, you've got to give forgiveness to yourself first, you know what I mean. You have to love yourself before you can love other people.
Speaker 1: I don't. That's just something I came up with. You did you wrote that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not like a speaking of it. You're like a poet. I mean you're a poet.
Speaker 1: Like, No, I'm a helper.
Speaker 2: I'm a right, you know what, I am a healer or a healer, healer and philosopher.
Speaker 1: I think I'm more of a healer than you.
Speaker 2: I think you're more of a philosopher and I'm more of like get it done heal if I were if I were a betting man, Like.
Speaker 1: You know how people will do the joke and we do it all the time of like, well, I didn't go to medical school, but like here's my advice. What if we just did that? Though? But for other stuff that's really stupid, like oh, I didn't I didn't major in philosophy, But I have a thought like if every time you that, it'd be more.
Speaker 2: Specific, like I didn't major, like I didn't major in physics, but I do know how to plug this in, but that work.
Speaker 1: It's not as funny. But I think it would be funny if if you said just random shit and then said, you know, I wasn't a philosophy major person from your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the per se part and I always bring it up and we have this kind of conversation because there was this, as I said many times, just a really bad comic when I was back just starting out, and this woman was like, I'm not a blank blank per se, and then Dunkleman yelled out, per se something funny. It's my favorite. It was like my favorite moment. You know, that's kind of an interesting topic, like the moment you knew you really liked somebody not just a boyfriend, like with you and me.
Speaker 1: Was there a moment?
Speaker 2: I'm sure there was, because we used to talk about like friendship chemistry, how we really had right away, like friendship chemistry that you don't.
Speaker 1: Probably I probably saw you on stage and was like, oh my god, she's really funny. She has my sense of humor. Oh that is the nicest thing you could have. Sharing a sense of humor with somebody is so rare that you know you can't help, but like want to be best friends with somebody when you see them saying stuff that you're like, oh my god, that person is so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably saying we were set up, and we've talked about this, but we were Steph and I were set up on a literal playdate.
Speaker 1: Bryan set us up. Yeah, you remember, like I think we did. We go we go to lunch.
Speaker 2: I think so, but maybe we'd seen each other do stand up first we were like, okay, we're game. Yes, but that is I think about that with other people, like what was the thing?
Speaker 1: What was the thing they said? Or what was it you?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't with you, I don't know, Like there's so many, but I wish I want to from from now on, I want to take note of that. When I meet someone and really like them, I'm like, what was the one thing that like got me in got me hooked? So yeah, either ran, it was per se, something funny. I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: There's this podcaster. I think I think you'll relate to this a little bit. So have you heard of the I've Had It podcasts with Jennifer Welch and somebody pumps these two women and they talk politics. But they used to just be like a kind of a mom show, a little like for crying out loud, because their thing was I've had It and it's all the things they just that make them mad and which at first I was kind of jealous because they got their a huge podcast. They just became massively famous and they have had so many famous people on. But anyway, they've gotten very political, very very left liberal. Like it's great, it's really fun to listen to, but I still had a little bit of that, like, I don't know, I don't know if I can like her because Jennifer Welsh, who's the main person, because she does a lot of her own videos where she's just slamming Trump and she's faced a lot of backlash, so you know, I already kind of liked that, but I did have a little bit of like, it's not really fair that she's like gotten so famous so far. You're a little there's a little envy podcast a little bit. So I wasn't listening to it, and John would be like, have you heard have you listened to I've had it?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, no, I podcast to listen to. I know what I think and say.
Speaker 1: But so the other day I decided to just try it out, and this thing happened where so they go, what's your I've had it, and then one of them will say the thing that's really bugged them. So the girl's friend pumps went first and she goes, you know what really bugs me? She's like, I've had it with people who like are so sensitive about like their dog. She goes, I was talking to this person and she goes, and I was like, oh my god, your dog's so fluffy, like they're they're so like they're a little belly or whatever. And she goes and my friend got really the person got annoyed, like they look like I'd called them fat. And it's like, oh, that is dump I'm with them on that.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say, like sensitive about like their dog being sick or no.
Speaker 1: But so she goes, yeah, I mean you think I called them like I was fat shaming them. I just like making a comment about their dog. It was cute. They're like, well, they're like kind of a little fat dog or whatever. And I was thinking, oh my god. I get really mad when people would fat shame Peopo would would say like, oh my god, oh she's kind of fat. And then because it feels like judgment, it does feel like judgment and I feel so it. And so she was like, do you know what I mean? Has happened to you? And Jennifer Wells she goes, you know what, No, she goes, you know what. I'm on the other I'm on the side with the person. She goes, you can't be judging people's dogs. Like y dog owners are very sensitive about their dogs. And that is that feels personal. She goes, you can't be an asshole about somebody's dog.
Speaker 2: She goes, I'm sorry, but you're the asshole here she goes, oh, And I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so funny. I love her now I'm friends with her. You have to you have to seek this. Yeah. I was like, when you tell so, when you make a comment about somebody's dog being overweight, you are also slamming the owner, but it's a passive aggressive way of saying, like, oh, do you give your dog table scraps? You're so right.
Speaker 2: I had a beagle Baba, who was at the very end and we were at the vet and he was on pregnazone, so he was really sick and that makes you really big, you know. It was steroids and was not going great. And someone's like, oh, is your dog pregnant? I was like, well, it's a boy and no. And we're at the vet too, you know, and they're like a little fatty. They didn't say fatty, but they're like, oh, big boy. And I wasn't mad, but I was already so upset about how big. I think the prednizone did not help. I'm very young and like it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, now that I think of it, No, that's shitty. Your dog's really dirty.
Speaker 2: It's like pig pen when you pat him, there's just like actual dust that comes off. What's going on in your house? It's not nice.
Speaker 1: No, And I just think that listening to like, I was just not relating to pumps. Yeah, her story about getting annoyed pumps. She's from a Bravo show. They called her that she's from, Like, was she Southern charm?
Speaker 2: Was she's some kind of Southern charm? I promise that. I don't think. Well, now I want to look it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't. I promise something had it podcast? What Bravo show were they on? Okay, I go to find out. We go okay, Sweet Home Alabama? Oh no, that's side movie. I've had it podcast.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Walsh and Angie Pump's Sullivan were previously on the short lived Bravo reality show Sweet Home Alabama Very Short Lived, which from twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen and followed their lives as an interior designer and an attorney in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 2: It wasn't it was. I thought it was HGTV Bravo. Oh, okay, I do sort of remember that. Yeah, you didn't try to do a couple of shows like that.
Speaker 1: The show is a launching pad for their popular podcast, where they continue their unfiltered discussions and venting sessions.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like that, and everyone has a wrong take, including me just going after a friend or.
Speaker 1: Tucking I have another thing. How much time do we got? What we got? We have a few minutes. Well, if it's just time for one more topic, let's go, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Well, this topic is an amazing but I want to give you okay, so I have Okay. We had a conversation on something. I don't remember what we were talking about. What show was, probably it had to have been Housewives, but we were just talking about music taste. Oh, because someone on the Housewives said, no, this is last week if you didn't listen, But someone on Beverly Hills said, only white girls like cold Play. So Steph and I got into a little argument about it. Yeah, and I texted a friend of mine who I knew would get back to me right away, who happened to be a black guy, And I said, do you like cold Play?
Speaker 1: Settle a bet? And he didn't really settle the bet. He just wrote back like I'm indifferent. I really am. I don't I like this one song. But like first out say, he didn't lead with I'm indifferent, He leaded, he leaded, He leaded with not really, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He said, not really, I like this one song, but really I'm indifferent. Then he wrote back, what was the bet that black people don't like gold Play? And I was like, that's right, and so he was, and then we talked about other things. So then we Stephan and I talked about bands and I can't it. Now has become my mission in life to make you understand how amazing the Counting Crows is. So I brought that up last week and I'm on, I'm on it. I'm going to make you a mix. But I had dinner last night also with a friend whenever you were hearing this few days ago, with a friend, and I brought that up, and we were talking about bands that we love or bands that we whatever from what you know, times in our life. And I'll never back down on bare naked ladies. Of course, I don't care what people think. But I was like, Counting Crows, man, don't sleep that August and Everything After is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Speaker 1: It's in top ten for sure. And he's like, I don't really like them.
Speaker 2: I kind of put them in with like the spin Doctors, and I got I got upset. I was like, that has nothing to do with it. That couldn't be further. But I said, instead of shaming you, I'm going to turn you. I'm going to change you. And he's like, go for it. So I'm literally compiling like, not only songs, but if it's Adam's voice that people don't like, which I get, I'm gonna find covers of those songs that like will make you really appreciate. And I'm going to write out some of the poetry and I'm gonna I'm gonna put together.
Speaker 1: I'm putting together like.
Speaker 2: A folder, and I really really want people to come along. I want to if this is my like dying wish.
Speaker 1: The songs are good, I do. I do think that some people don't like the feeling, like the vibe of the little like it's just a little why, a whiny extra, it's it's perform it can feel performative. I totally get that. I totally get that, But people like me that like more of a clear, voiced, like pretty sound and aren't as swayed by that and the.
Speaker 2: Words and add up though, because if I and I think you like this band too, but I probably was more into it than you. Huge fan of The Cure, I know you like some of their music, but you cannot say that Robert Smith of The Cure is not performative, dramatic, goth emotional.
Speaker 1: He's not a very I that than that than that, like oh it's and I do like a lot of Counting Crows songs, I just don't. I don't like enough of them for me to be like, oh my god, I love the Counting Crows. That is fair.
Speaker 2: I will also tell you that Sullivan Street if you want to, if I can just begin, maybe I'll do a thing every time I like, okay, that's my favorite. And then there's not really a bad album. I mean even like there like I can't there's some bad songs of course on everybody remember when we let like when I back in the day in nineteen ninety thought that Annie DiFranco, like there'd never be a better musician that existed than Annie, And then after the eighteenth album, I was like Okay, we don't need the jazz, we don't need the horns here.
Speaker 1: So sometimes things do change. It's not perfect, but I sometimes some stuff is just not People don't see the magic. Like you know how I've told you I love the singer Jonathan Brook. Yeah, and I love love love. I mean I went crazy. I could listen to anything that she puts out, although her last few albums yet me a little bit slick, but John would. John has never been able to feel it like He's always like, there's it's just there's no hook. None of her songs have hooks. And I'm like, are you fucking crazy? What's wrong? How do you not hear the hook? I know crazy, It's it's so hooky that I have to listen to it one hundred million times over and over and over. That's how hookey it is. And he's like, don't hear it, there's no chorus, Like you just don't get it. Yes, it's hard you feel.
Speaker 2: I remember going out with a guy years years ago and I was like, you got to listen to this Glenn Phillips song.
Speaker 1: You know you loved it, and we had like it was it was back when you had a nano. You know, I had an I.
Speaker 2: Pod and so we each I was like, so romantic, here's your iPod, here's your earbud, and I'll listen on this side. And he just was like not getting it. I'm like, but that lyric like what do you not get?
Speaker 1: What do you not like? And I didn't. I didn't date him after that. You can't. I was already well. John came with me to see Jonathan Brook reform. The one thing that was really nice about John, and there was only one thing, so don't get excited. He didn't. He wouldn't say straight out. He wasn't like David Cross going like, no, your music taste sucks by the payings, you give it a chance. Yeah, he would be like. He wouldn't tell me right away. It was only later when he felt a lot more comfortable that he'd be like, you know what, it's not one hundred percent, it's not really for me. I don't hear like the but he would he never at the beginning. He went with me to see Jonathan Brook many times. Now he doesn't have to because we've been together like twenty six years. So if I say, like going.
Speaker 2: To Jonathan Brook, he'd I think he'd feel fine going like no, I think he would feel fine doing that too. And I got to be better.
Speaker 1: We have to.
Speaker 2: I have to be better and not trying to force it. This is a lesson and like, hey, if I can like them, I don't have to make other people like my friend that I was telling that I was going to put little, a little, you know, portfolio together to make him love Counting Crows. There's bands he likes, and he never tries to make me or other people like them. He just like that's his thing that he likes. I don't have to like it. No, I don't have to make you like August and everything after you know what I've I've decided not to. I have a lot of other work to do. I don't need to spend time making that portfolio.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I've helped you. Yes, yeah, I've helped you. Well, we've helped each other, and I think we've helped everybody who's listening to his show. There's another way we can help ourselves softly, especially around this holiday season. It's tough, Like many people eat way more around the holidays, and then starting in January, they're like, oh god, what happened. Well, what happened is you just need to lose a little bit of weight, that's all, or just feel more in control of your urges. And that's where a GOLP can help you. Know, it's a misnomer that I don't know if misnomers right word. It's a people think that you would have to be very overweight to try a GOLP, and that's not necessarily true. Sometimes you could just have trouble, like with all the food noise, and Hers can help you get it and it's so great and they give you access twenty four to seven access to online support at no additional cost. So if you want to try it, whether you want to lose weight or they also can help you grow thicker, fuller hair, or find relief for anxiety. Hers has you covered. Visit for hers dot com slash board AF to get a personalized afford dole plan that gets you. That's f O R H T R S dot com slash board AF or hers dot com slash board AF. Weight Lost by Hers is not available everywhere. Compounded drug products are not approved or evaluated for safety, effectiveness, or quality by the FDA. Prescription requires you website for full details, important safety information and restrictions. Actual price depends on product and plan purchase.
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, yeah, yeah, I just and by the way, uh, you know, if you're not on the board AF Patreon and we're about to say hi to the people on Patreon, I don't know exactly what we're gonna talk about this week. I have an idea of something that's kind of personal. It's a little we don't have to we haven't discussed this, but it's I don't know how funny it is. Usually we're a hilarious, but like it's interesting, and we may not talk about We may save that for another show. But go over to board AF and join the Patreon if you're not on it, like our friends Carolyn Bastar.
Speaker 1: Still, maybe I'll do Silvana.
Speaker 2: No, that's me Silvano, Jametti sand Green, Collette Rock, Patrick Price, Julie Turnbull.
Speaker 1: Victoria Blake, Andrea Crawford, Richard Frolicker, Ishan Vaje, Pey, Carry Maler, Karen Johnson, Watson Take it.
Speaker 2: Away, Jacqueline Belik, Belick, Victoria Blake, Jill Shaw, Athena Goonshard. You guys have some good names. My friend Sean Price and Kate Dinato gorgeous. Our friend Becky Bearris. I mean, listen, you're hearing this on Monday.
Speaker 1: Could she do it? Probably can't do it for Christmas? But how about we make up.
Speaker 2: New Year's presence? Why do we have to do it exactly on Christmas? You can do it in New Year's Maybe there's people you missed and you're like.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I've got you.
Speaker 2: Yes, Becky Barras is what you want. She makes the custom T shirts. They're adorable. I have three of them. They're so soft, they wash well, They're affordable, and she helps you design them. So I did one for like my besties from childhood, and I put all our It was called like the Waco Hotties, and I put all our names on the back in bubble letters like back in the day. She'll do that shit for you. What a great gift that is? Yes, yeah, Hotti. We find her Becky Basic Becky on Facebook or her website just just basic.
Speaker 1: And also what about Randy Mayames? What about that little lady?
Speaker 2: You me and my best friend. I listen, I know that she's my best I'm not hers. She has a lot. I think I think everybody who meets Randy Mayames calls her their best Like who wouldn't, Yeah, a lot of what I bet she has to go to a lot of weddings and like be in them and take care of everything because.
Speaker 1: She's like that. But we love her and she uses her show I'm gonna get can I I'm want to do one, which because we haven't done this in a while, and this was her original charity and I heard somebody talk about this. It's a big charity. But to write love on her arm is especially around the holidays, people are suffering depression, mental illness, they can feel really lonely, so this is a really so just look up to write love on her arm? I think dot com I think that, or just google it.
Speaker 2: Yah, google it absolutely, And that was her choice. Oh, she's just kind of there's there's some people that sparkle. I'm not saying the rest of you don't sparkle, but she sparkles a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thanks everybody, We love you. Guys. Have a very merry Christmas or enjoy well. No, this will have hit the day after the last night of Hanukkah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so a happy related hankah, Happy Christmas. Happy Kwanza if you don't celebrate any of those, just like, let's make twenty twenty six a little better about that, Let's do let's doe fucking hell.
Speaker 1: All right? Bye, we love you, we thank you. Sorry I were sorry. Bye,