Speaker 1: Okay, so let me explain yesterday's Minnesota Goodbye. So it was my fault. Basically, there are some buttons on the console here that I had set up wrong. So the entire Minnesota Goodbye yesterday had the k Fan Sports play by played Hockey Draft MLB All Star Game feed in the background, and I don't know what the fuck happened, but basically I look at all the buttons here and there was one that was lit up that I didn't notice. So totally my fault. So we recorded it yesterday and it was fine, but we didn't upload it after we realized that, So that's why there is no Minnesota Goodbye yesterday. We were just having a discussion here. We'll get to the emails in a moment, but we were talking about how there's a rumor that Harry Styles is going to play a solo residency at the Sphere in Las Vegas, Nice, and it's a residency. So I asked Bailey, I said, now, you like one direction? Is Harry Styles the most popular one direction guy? Because he is the prettiest, most attractive And you said.
Speaker 2: I said, not because he's the prettiest and most attractive, He just happens to be the prettiest and most attractive one and also probably one of the top two most talented ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, who do you think else is?
Speaker 2: I think zay is just as talented, but not as charismatic, but like also just as good looking, but in a different way. And I think part of Harry Style's hotness is his charisma. Yeah, because he has like ounces and not ounces, loads of it, tons of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think Zayin is the hottest of the one direction guys.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't have much of a career.
Speaker 3: No, but he did have pillow talk and that was okay nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, interesting. Then we got into Justin Timberlake and we said, Justin Timberlake is clearly the most successful former member of n SYNC, but he's also attractive, but he's not the most talented because if you ever listened, I mean, if you see her JC sing and Justin sing Jason, He's got a beautiful voice, he really does. He's very talented. But Justin's got it. He's got a passable voice.
Speaker 2: But he's the cutest, the best looking one out of all of them.
Speaker 1: He's got the best personality. He's funny, he's friendly, he's married to a celebrity, and he wears a fedora very well, and he's just got a big personality. So I think sometimes it's definitely looks that get people ahead, even guys. Who's the fuggliest guy in one direction? Louis, Yeah, Louis.
Speaker 4: Louis probably not like if you saw him in real life, you'd probably be like, damn.
Speaker 3: That guy is hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're right, yeah, probably who's the cutest boy on Katie WB Radio? So there's Vont Colt and me? So who comes right after me?
Speaker 2: I'm the hottest, options, you're the hottest.
Speaker 1: I'm the hottest.
Speaker 4: I hate to say him, but I don't think there's anyone after you. I think it you are.
Speaker 1: Just me, so I displace everybody else in the hotness scale.
Speaker 3: No, what I'm saying is you are definitely third.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is agism. That's agism right there, calling hr all Right, Jenny called me old and ugly, Well you are old and ugly.
Speaker 4: Let's look back to young Dave Ryan with his long flowing locks and his scrawny little body.
Speaker 1: Scrubs weigh about one hundred and forty five pounds, But I had long flowing locks, and I was a DJ, so I was very desirable back in the day because back in the day, DJs were like, oh my god, you're on the radio and you're only twenty four. Oh look at that hair.
Speaker 3: I don't think I.
Speaker 4: Could honestly rate your guys's attractiveness because it's just weird to say that about any of you. Honestly, you guys are co workers, and I don't look at you guys in a sexual way whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Oh you do, you could admit it. No, it's true. I don't do that with you guys either, because it'd be like rating my sisters from hottest to not hottest.
Speaker 2: Well, tell us about your sisters. Who's well.
Speaker 1: Linda was when she was younger, she was absbsolutely the cutest, petite, long, long brown hair, and she was adorable. But now she's old and frumpy, so you know that happens when you get older.
Speaker 2: I'm even trying to think of like katiewb past and all of the dudes have been on it. I don't know if anyone's been that good looking. Granted, I think Colt is cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Colt is I think Colt is attractive. Yeah, Yeah, you're right. I don't know that we've ever had anybody who is like model hand Pat Eberts back when he was young. When he was young, he was very attractive. Yeah, and it was so funny because girls would throw themselves at Patt Eberts. But he was such a good Catholic boy that he never took advantage of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We would go we would go out to different bars on Friday and Saturday nights and do like a party zone with the station or whatever. And Pat would have all these young, beautiful single women. Hi, Pat, I made you something, Pat, look Pat, take me home and be me Pat. And Pat would just like he would flirt, but he was a good Catholic boy and he did not do things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you have that one plane picture of you and Allison in the plane where you look hot. But that's just the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just the one. I was hot for one year. Yeah, yeah, that was it.
Speaker 3: I think some people thought that Intern John was hot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Intern John was very hot. Yes, Intern John dated the most. Well, that's interesting to love him.
Speaker 4: If he ever hears this, I love you, John, but you are douchey. That is what you give off, He's not unattractive, he's just Douchey's douchey.
Speaker 1: That's part of his character I think, is that he was very douchey. But he was also a good soul. Yeah, and he was hot, and I didn't. I never look at guys that like and go, Wow, he's hot. I just my mind doesn't work that way. But I can recognize when somebody like intern John dated the most beautiful young college girls ever, and I'm like, oh, he must be very attractive. Yeah to date a girl that looks like that. Jackson was also very attractive, and he was probably forty or forty two ish when he worked here.
Speaker 2: Do you know his last name?
Speaker 1: I know his real name, rather say d And I just.
Speaker 2: Wanted to google him because I don't know what Jackson looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'll do it later. Yeah. So yeah, and I didn't think Jackson was attractive. Matter of fact, first time I met him, I felt sorry for him because he was so ugly.
Speaker 4: I couldn't remember which one that was. I knew there was someone that you were like, Oh, this person's not attractive, and then they had women on them all.
Speaker 1: The time, all the time, beautiful young interns that worked here at the radio station would just fawn over Jackson about how hot he was, and I'm like, is he really so?
Speaker 3: I mean, there also was Lucas.
Speaker 1: Lucas was attracted.
Speaker 3: Women loved Lucas. He was such a like, I don't have to.
Speaker 1: Look at these people bad he's a bad boy. He's got tattoos, he had like a you know, the faux hawk, and he was very charismatic, huge personality. So anyway, let's get onto Juanita's rant. We did this one yesterday, but again, like we said, we had a little problem with the audio. But here is Juanita's rant the Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 5: This rent is about stupid shit that people swe for. So I know we all remember the lady who sued McDonald's because the coffee was what it was supposed to be and that burnt the shit out of her legs. Okay, whatever. Well, I was looking at the news and I think this guy was from New York. So he threw his back out, and he said that if the store hadn't had such a good sale, he wouldn't have tried to carry all those bags out and would have thrown it and threw his back out so he was a warded two hundred fifty thousand dollars for that. Then this woman she sued, she got I think five hundred thousand dollars because she was addicted to candy crush and she couldn't so she couldn't work, She couldn't do anything because she was so addicted to playing candy crush because the medicine that they prescribed her fucked around with her dopamine, and so she got this over addiction composed compulsion, and she couldn't get off the candy crush. That's the dumbest shit I ever heard of. It's like, get the fuck out of here. I burned the shit out of my goddamn hands trying to get a rentals pan out of the oven. It had a turkey on the picture in the pant. Yeah, and I just bake some lasagna in the pan crumble trying to get it out of the oven. Did I get any money?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I couldn't even get a fucking pre pan. But yeah, these people are getting bu cools of money. Just swing over the stupidest shit I ever heard. God damn it. That pisses me the fuck off.
Speaker 1: God damn.
Speaker 5: I guess I just gotta keep getting up going to work. Oh well, well that's my rat for this week. I love you guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about Juanita is she's a cranky fuck, just like me, but she has a good soul, you know what I mean. She's a very kind, funny person and when you meet her in person, she's very sweet. She kind of like your for me, like a sister or a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Or airlfriend or yeah.
Speaker 1: Interchangeable and for you be like kind of like your mom. But she also can get spicy.
Speaker 4: No, I would definitely call her more of like an auntie. Yeah, and I know that Janita. If you are on Jannita's good side, that woman will have your back. She will bury the body for you, She will go to war for you, she will do any of that. That is the type of person that Wanita is.
Speaker 2: You wake her up in the middle of the night, just shaking her a little bit. Ye need to to help me buried your body?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: This is gonna piss me the funck off.
Speaker 1: Now let's go. Yeah, I will say that in the brew haha of yesterday's podcast, I may have lost an email or two and I apologize. So if you wrote in an email in the last few days, and you're going it was a pretty good email, and Dave never read it. It's possible that I read it on yesterday's Minnesota Goodbye that we had to delete. So just hit just go back in your scent bin and send it over again and we'll try to get it on future Minnesota Goodbye. So, because we appreciate we read every single one of them, nearly all of them make it on the radio unless it's something that we've talked about a lot, or it's really really long, or something kind of you know, there's there's been a few that are just like a little bit too sad or a little bit too esoteric. You could say, let's move on to the next one without reading this one, I mean, without pre reading it. Hello Minnesota Goodbye crew. Every day listening to the Dave Ryan Show podcast, I have the same question who sings the Daily Bayly? I remember Bailey saying she didn't sing it. So I've concocted the story that chat GPT composed and performed that masterpiece. Curious Minds wanted to Nope, love a staff write a sticker. My fake Stanley would wear it with pride, please and thank you. That is from bre Do you want to answer that anybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Barb who sang it. She's one of our sales ladies. I don't really know what Bob does.
Speaker 4: It's like head of many many things. He's not a salesperson. She is more like head of marketing, works with sales, helps with every promotion. She's also on air on different stations. She's kind of a gopher, but also like high up in the company.
Speaker 1: Yep. So yeah, she's and she's got a beautiful voice. So she sang that. Our production guy, Diego wrote it and did the music. I believe it's funny, weird coincidence. Diego and I never met before. Katwb we got to talking. We went to the same high school in Colorado Springs. Really yes, Wow, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: He ended up here because of work too.
Speaker 1: He's traveled around with work and radio and just ended up here. But it's funny. He went to Air Academy high school. He was younger than me, but he also went to the Harvard of the Rockies Pike's Peak Community College. Wow, that's where he took broadcasting.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he's also like so talented he does so many things, like nationwide. It's not just for katiewb, but he does a lot of things for like Seacrest, for like all these big shows he does.
Speaker 1: And if you are if you're ever at the iHeartRadio Music Awards or something like that, he's the guy who will sit backstage with the headphones and a microphone and a computer monitor and a clipboard and say like, welcome to the stage. H Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 4: You want to know, the best thing about him is, like you hear this big voice come out of him. He is a small man. He is just a very small stature. He's a little bit shorter, and you would not imagine, like it's the most cliche radio where you're like you hear a voice and you would not see that person being that voice.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah. And he is the nicest guy in the building. He really is just so nice. I mean, he's just always so pleasant. Next question in Minnesota, Goodbye Dave Bailey, Jenny, random little question. What's the best and worst concert you've ever been to? Love you guys, love the show and the podcast. Thanks Marie. I would say probably Kiss because I love Kiss so much, But then again, I've seen him a dozen times, so i'd have to say probably Paul McCartney because he's a Beatle and he's Paul McCartney. Worst, I'd say, I've never been to a really bad one, but i'd say Hall and Oates. We went probably fifteen years ago, and they just seem bored.
Speaker 3: Oh, they were just bored in retirement mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they maybe they don't like each other anymore and they just whatever, But they just seem bored. And then the audience didn't have any energy to give because they weren't given energy. And we all sat there with our hands on our laps and said, okay, how much longer? What about you, Jennifer, I'll.
Speaker 4: Start with worse we're Sposcia just because all she does is stand on this little platform while Mattie Ziegler Zigla or whatever would dance. So that was a really boring concert to me. And like you honestly didn't even know she was underneath the way too. It's like it could have been anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have no idea.
Speaker 4: And then best is tough, because of course I have great memories from Country USA, and I remember specifically one Kenny Chesney concert that got rained out. That was so phenomenal. But I would also say Panic at the Disco was one of my favorite concerts I've ever seen at Target Center circa twenty seventeen or something, and it was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Nice what about you, Bailey?
Speaker 2: So I don't see a lot of concerts, honestly, best concert was probably the one that I saw in London, only because it was tied to Nostalgia, which was the band called Busted, only because I was waiting literally twenty years to see them, so and you know their higher energy. It was fun. Worst concert and you have to be like an emo kid to know, but hello goodbye. I saw them in high school and the lead singer who sings all of the songs was sick. But they didn't cancel or refund any of our tickets. They just had this other guy who sings one song on their CD. He came out and he did that song twice.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that was that entire guy.
Speaker 2: That was well, they had like an opener, they had maybe even like two openers, so we just essentially went for the openers. And for Jesse to sing his one song got two times.
Speaker 3: That's okay, shocking to me. He couldn't like do the other songs no, because.
Speaker 2: He wasn't the singer. He was like this the main guy wasn't there, so he was like, oh, yeah, he's sick. And we didn't know he was sick until literally this Jesse guy walks out. He's like, what's his face is sick?
Speaker 1: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Sorry, So I'm just gonna do Jesse goes to prom twice.
Speaker 1: I wonder like they're obligated or they do get paid. So if they don't have they they don't perform, they don't get paid.
Speaker 2: So we have to do something great for them. But I paid to see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lead singer sing.
Speaker 1: Songs Secretary Bree writes in it says, I'm catching up on the Minnesota Goodbye from last week, and I heard the story about Carson's baby blanket really quick. Carson got a baby blanket when he was born from the old receptionist Kim. A blue baby blanket you know, small about if you made of square with your arms, that's about how big it would be. And it had blue satin and he carried it everywhere. He carried it around the house when he was little. He would play with the satin on the side until it wore off. We had to replace the satin. It was getting a little bit thin, but it was still okay. And he took it to college, and he took it on every vacation, every vacation, and he took it on tour with Love last year, and he forgot it at one of the hotels in China. Well, you call a hotel in China, and the language barrier makes it tough. And it never came back and he was heartbroken. Just that was his blanket for twenty two years.
Speaker 2: Long time, she says.
Speaker 1: The entire time you were telling Todave, I was saying me too. You see, my mom's co worker gave me a baby blanket, a yellow waffly patterned fabric with yellow silk around the edges. This was my bee, as I called it. My bee went everywhere with me, my college dorm room and all it had rips, tears, and not one bit of silk left on it. But I loved it with all of my bean cut to last March, we went to Great Wolf Lodge for my son's birthday and I left it in the hotel room. Now, remember she loved this enough that she even went to Great Wolf Lodge for her son's birthday and took it with her. That's how much she loved it. I called and I called, and I hoped it would come back in the laundry, but it never did. So after thirty six years of loving on my bee, it was gone. So I empathized with Carson one hundred percent. I feel like there was something else going on. I want to share with you guys, but it'll have to come in another email. Hope you have a great weekend coming up. That is Brie, Brie. I'm gonna send you a thank you text in a little bit. But Brie is just the sweetest, so sweet, and she sends out the staff writer stickers. But this morning I got a package from Brie and it is a beautiful little memorial little window hanging for my doggie, Josie, and it was so very sweet. I didn't need to cry at six o'clock in the morning, but I did. You did, and it was very sweet. So thank you, Brie, and I will, rather than just conveniently thank you on the Minnesota goodbye, I will send you a thank you later, even though you're not asking for one. All right, interesting question, Hello Minnesota, Goodbye, Krutz. Question I hope the three of you could weigh in on I recently signed up for the Mammoth March at Saint Croix State Park, which is twenty miles that you got to walk in eight hours. Twenty miles in eight hours. I genuinely have no idea if I can do it? And how do you train for a walk when you work a regular job. I average between sixteen and seventeen thousand steps a day. That feels like a lot, But then I noticed last night it only equates to about six miles. How the heck am I gonna make it to twenty Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I can help you.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 1: I did the math last night, and you have to walk two and a half miles an hour constantly, which is a good clip for eight hours. However, you will have time to, like, you know, take a break and poop and get lunch and whatever. You'll just have to make up for it, So you're gonna have to walk a little bit faster. But two and a half miles an hour is a good it's not fast, yeah, three and a half miles an hour that's a good clip. Yeah, yeah, But two and a half is a good leisurely but not slow pace. Number one, you can do it. You can just be aware that you can't. You can't amble, no ambling, You got to walk.
Speaker 3: But I like to amble.
Speaker 1: I know you are an ambling kind of a person.
Speaker 3: My reels.
Speaker 2: I do it every year. I walk twenty miles, and I mean I walk it in like nine to ten hours. But I like so and like enjoy the surroundings and everything. But if I was just consistently going, I could do it. And if you walk sixteen thousand miles a day already, you're already train ten thousand steps, sorry I meant that steps, then you're already training for it. I feel like the most more you could do is start walking around with a rocksack.
Speaker 1: I would just walk and would I would do maybe I would do five miles and see how long it takes you, and just check on your pace. When I was a kid, we did a walkathon for the March of Dimes, twenty miles and I think we started like seven in the morning. We finished by it by three in the afternoon. So you can do it. Check your shoes, get good shoes, and make sure you got good shoes. And I will say you don't want blisters, so break your shoes in. But also there are hiking socks. There are liners of a very thin pair of socks that go next to your feet, and then you put regular socks on over those. That way there's no rubbing. The rubbing is between the two socks on the sock in the foot. Yeah. I know that sounds dumb, but get sock liners. They sell them down at Dick's or wherever.
Speaker 2: And don't have shoes that are just good enough. Get good shoes, like expensive shoes. You can do it.
Speaker 1: How fine, I totally believe I do good. Okay, I think that's gonna be it for the time we have on the Minnesota goodbye. Please send your emails. We get a few, like I said that we didn't get to but we apologize for yesterday's not being uploaded. But if we did read an email, I think we missed one or two. So if you like wrote it in you're like my email was dope and they didn't read my dope email, then send it in again. It probably just got lost in the shuffle and we read it yesterday. That is it. Have a great weekend. Thank you for listening. The email as always, Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com.