Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. We'll get back into the Nico Harrison audio and all the discussion going on around the Mavericks at the bottom of this hour. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basis Week Day of Day featuring veteran news anchor Katie Fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Richard.
Speaker 4: All Right, so yesterday it was Easter Sunday and the Pope, Pope Francis, he's eighty eight years old, but he's had pneumonia. He's been dealing with quite a few things. He did go make the rounds. He's pushed around a wheelchair from of ten thousand people. He also had to meet with Jade Vance yesterday too. See a lot going on. And then this morning I woke up to the news that Pope Francis is dead. Hello the stroke. He's not doing well and hasn't been doing well for a while. So it didn't like shock anybody, But I don't think he was expected to die this morning or overnight last.
Speaker 3: Night, because he was poping yesterday. He was poping so hard, poping or poking poping locket. How old is he eighty eight? Well he was idiot. God, that is age, okay, old age.
Speaker 4: So one of my favorite movies of the year is Conclave, which is incredible, and I can't believe he died and he was in bad health. Is when I saw that moviees. But I'm glad I watched it because now I know what happens here. Basically, they have a college of cardinals and they're going to take fifteen to twenty days and there's going to be some political lobbying, back and forth, discussions here, secret whispering here, all in this crazy old church, and they're all dressed up in their stuff. And then what they need is two thirds majority to you know, get your winner. And that's all going to be happening. Now.
Speaker 5: Can you begin blunt?
Speaker 3: I would love to gamble on this. Oh my god, that's such a good idea.
Speaker 4: I think there's seventeen Americans who have a chance to be the pope, and there's like fifty one in Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trust me, it ain't going to be an American. I've been working with price Picks all day on this more. Yeah, I'm going way more on the Italians.
Speaker 4: To get past the first round right now. In that movie, John Letgal is in it. But in that movie, so I'm a spoiler. If you hadn't seen the movie, you hadn't seen it.
Speaker 1: John Candy's in it.
Speaker 4: No with Coal. In that movie, at the end, they're like, hey, they have their winner, and they but then there's a discussion because there's a guy who leads it. I don't know who it is, but he, you know, he's the they I don't know. He's the guy who takes the votes and has to be the messenger. I'll just cal him the sergeant or the commissioner.
Speaker 3: It's good. So did they congratulate yourself? The guy who.
Speaker 4: Wins the new pope, he's he's, you know, in his room getting ready. They still don't know yet. And one guy comes up to the guy who's the messenger, has got to tell everyone that he wins, goes, hey, there was an operation or there was a there was a consultation, a doctor's appointment. There's a lot going on. I don't know if there's an operation or not. Well, it turns out the pope who wins in conclave was born with are you having a stroke?
Speaker 3: Female Genitalia trying to carefully say that, did you.
Speaker 1: Turn the Pope Death into a movie review?
Speaker 5: Because I thought you were sick, because I thought you were saying like you were describing. All Right, the one who doesn't get it has to bring their playbook down and meet with that guy. Bring your Bible talk tok.
Speaker 4: So the Turk learns, even though it's the guy he kind of wanted to learns, Oh no, can we have a trans pope? And that's part of the discussion that's going on because this pope was one of the first, maybe the first pope to be widely accepting of the gay population.
Speaker 5: The one who's gone.
Speaker 4: He was seen as Yes, Pope Francis was seen as kind of the wild ass pope.
Speaker 1: He DJed in a lot of clubs.
Speaker 4: And they think it's gonna turn the other way on the next pope. They're probably not going to have one that's like cool with the gays.
Speaker 3: I'll say this there, and.
Speaker 1: There is a big conservative backlash in Europe. I'll say this, Uh, trans pope definitely sounds like an Electric six song.
Speaker 4: Well, so here's the thing about that movie. I was surprised that was the thing because I thought the entire movie the guy had sex with a turtle. You gotta watch it tonight. Yeah, and you guys should probably tune in.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you mentioned John Littgow, John Littgow or Michael Kine.
Speaker 3: John Letgow one hundred percent, not even close.
Speaker 5: He's better than Michael Kaine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's Lord Farquaad and Shrek win or winner. Yeah, he was also uh, you know in GARP.
Speaker 5: John Littgow or Gene Hackman John Litzgal.
Speaker 4: All right, that's a tech.
Speaker 5: I can't believe you answer it, so you're wrong in both cases. All right, Coming up next, be sure to join us as we talk MAVs during the final stretch last thirty minutes of the show. We talk MAVs with you right here on Eagle