Speaker 1: Let's go. Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen. He rod Ryan, Oh yes, sir, come on, wakey, wakey, hands off snakey rod Ryan showed check it in hope all you mom's had had an awesome.
Speaker 2: Mother's Day weekend. Mo I, hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you had nice weather. That's about to change. Mo will be talking about that. That is about to change.
Speaker 2: It's about to get Africa uh high in the next day. Or two fresh fish this morning.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Steve the Breadman poked it through. He's in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Finally, I need some brand new players. Press out of bed to head.
Speaker 2: We'll play at six point twenty Chili already right out of a gate. Put some concert tickets in there, buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Well, of course we.
Speaker 2: Want to party with home rumers, so we put tickets in there.
Speaker 1: We chill.
Speaker 2: We put tickets in there for you. On the fun fact flashback, we're going into ot extra innings. If you will risk it, pull a biscuit. We got some extra money. Do you have a chance to win up to one thousand dollars today?
Speaker 1: We're gonna play risk it for a risk It for the biscuit.
Speaker 2: At seven to twenty, we're back to giving away tickets to go see Ghosts. We got tickets for their Toyota Center show August sixteenth.
Speaker 1: We'll get you those at eight twenty.
Speaker 2: Alternative Income is back at nine to ten, and then Offspring. This is the show Man outside of Buzzfest, Offspring, Jimmy E World, and Newfound Glory.
Speaker 1: That's the show. Hautia's twenty third. I'll have tickets for you on No the Show, Sonny.
Speaker 2: No rain high of eighty seven, but just hold on because it's gonna get way worse.
Speaker 1: Good morning, mo. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, riaking up to the news of the US and China have agreed on a ninety day pause most of their reciprocal tariffs. This is an attempt to ease the current trade battle that has rocked our global economy. And on today's agenda, President Donald Trump announced yesterday that he's going to be signing an executive order today to lower prescription drug prices by like thirty to eighty percent. So that's great, but a similar order order just like this, was blocked by Courts back in twenty twenty when he tried to do the same thing, So everyone's a little bit skeptical if it'll work out or not. Do yourself a favor and enjoy this morning's weather, because, like Rod said, it's the last time we're going to see temperatures in the fifties until we get through summer. A major May heat wave is in coming this week. It's going to feel like the middle of July, y'all. It's less than ideal. Heat index are talking Wednesday one hundred and five, yes.
Speaker 1: And it's can you believe it's May?
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's way early for that kind of heat, and we have no choice in the matter.
Speaker 1: It's just happening, and it could set records.
Speaker 3: If it does reach that high on Wednesday, it'll be the highest it's ever been ninety seven that early in the year.
Speaker 1: So it's just getting worse.
Speaker 3: The World Video Game Hall of Fame announced their twenty twenty five class yesterday, and I'm not a video game person, Alex, please excuse me, but I've actually played.
Speaker 1: Half of them. That's impressive. You played half of the ones going.
Speaker 3: In the halloweens going to the there's only four let's see if I played any defender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the arcade game from the eighties, right, you play that.
Speaker 4: I've never played that.
Speaker 1: Quake did never play that. I've heard of it.
Speaker 4: You've heard of it from the nineties.
Speaker 1: I've heard of it. I just don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, But this one, Golden Eye Double O seven, that was our childhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, screen looking, you're like, stop, get my screen.
Speaker 3: It became one of the best selling Nintendo sixty four games ever.
Speaker 1: And what's the fourth one? Tamagotchi? Is that a video game?
Speaker 4: That it's in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: That's the little thing you carried around.
Speaker 3: You have to keep it alive. Yeah, I heard that it's back and kids are doing it again.
Speaker 1: I would not call that a video game.
Speaker 4: But did you get your kid one if she wanted one?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, is it supposed to? If he came down between that and a cat, I'll give you all the tama, gotcha, you can have them all?
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking of cats, Taylor Swift has been subpoena to testify and the Blake Lively justin Baldoni mess and why do you care? Well because you like Ryan Reynolds, right, you're out because of this.
Speaker 1: I'm team Taylor, team team Justin.
Speaker 2: I don't know how any of this works, I asked Moe in the beginning of it, but before we went on there, I'm like, can you sit me down after the show and just give me some sort of a PowerPoint present.
Speaker 4: A flow chart?
Speaker 1: Okay, like a football play by play sort of situation.
Speaker 4: Let me do a quick breakdown though.
Speaker 1: Okay, who do I like in this? We like Justin Baldoni, We don't like Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 3: So Blake Lively was in a movie with an actor named Justin Baldoni. Blake claims that Justin acted inappropriately towards her on set, and there's a common theme that points.
Speaker 4: All of these allegations back to Ryan.
Speaker 3: Reynolds being a jealous Dare I say bully?
Speaker 1: So he.
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: Is there? Any way?
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift goes to court because of the subpoena heard you have to do right. I don't think you lawyers will get.
Speaker 1: Her out of it. Correct, that's the plan.
Speaker 3: People are like, she wasn't involved in this movie, but she is famously best friends with Blake Lively, so that's why we care.
Speaker 2: And a song was used for the movie. She was never on the set of the movie. She offers nothing to the case, so her lawyers will get her out of it.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 3: By congratulations to Disturbs, the lead singer. His name is David Draymon, and he found himself a new lady. He found her on the Tinder and he proposed to her.
Speaker 1: On over the weekend. He found her on the internet. Yeah, I mean, that's what we're living these days.
Speaker 3: The band is on their Sickness twenty fifth anniversary tour in California. He brought her out on stage before the song The Light, and that's when he proposed.
Speaker 1: This dude's TikTok is about to blow up.
Speaker 2: And I say this, dude, random guy in the pit, who's got the video? Everyone's using his congrats Everyone including us on the music block Paint are using his TikTok of the uh of the games proposals.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 6: That's good news right there. Yeah, Astros got to win yesterday. They shut out the Red six to nothing. They took two of three from Cincinnati over the weekend. Tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Royals at Diiking Park. Ryan Gusto is gonna be on the map of the Strolls going up against Kansas City's Michael Waka first pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to that game over on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty KTRH. In the NBA Playoffs last night, the Thunder got by the Nuggets ninety two to eighty seven to tie that series up a two games apiece, and then Pasterers blew out the Calves one twenty nine to one oh nine.
Speaker 1: And the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Speaker 6: The Stars beat the Jets five to two and the Panthers shut out the Maple Leafs two oh to even that series up at two games apiece.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. All right, let's go four hours of pain. First phone call, Who's up? Who's right? In a wrong?
Speaker 2: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you want that first phone call, come get it. We'd love to hear from you. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Okay, here we go ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Ron Ryan's Show, Sublime and what I got well. Thank you for being up dark and early with us today.
Speaker 2: Weather is going to be a pretty big topic this week, just because we're going to just jump into like hot summer temperatures.
Speaker 1: This was the last nice weekend.
Speaker 2: If you didn't take advantage of this weekend and Mom's I hope you guys all had a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Same for you, mo I.
Speaker 2: If you didn't get after it and get outside a little bit this weekend, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's over. Your life is over. Okay, your life is over.
Speaker 2: Mid nineties okay with feel like you're telling me, feels like temperatures are going to feel like over one hundred.
Speaker 1: Degrees moving into this week already record breaking. I'm not ready. None of us are ready for this yet. Cry it out loud. It's May May twelfth, could be specific.
Speaker 2: It's mailed Monday today, Sonny hies up around eighty seven. Like I'd even be bitching about bad I would be bitching about that, but I'm not, because it's gonna get away with.
Speaker 1: It, does what it's it.
Speaker 2: Today is going to be the start, and then with the creep and then it's just gonna go wham out. You're gonna get punched in the face with ninety five degree temperatures moving forward this week. Dumb, stupid, all those words come on, all right, good things, Let's talk about fun stuff. Okay, light, tight and bright. I'm looking for fresh fish. I need some brand new players. Steve the bread Man, you want to hear a quick email from him? Yes, please, Good morning, brother Rod. I cannot even begin to tell you what a relief it is just be able.
Speaker 1: To listen to the game this morning.
Speaker 2: Like people while they're playing. I don't know why anybody would call for this game while people are playing. They hate it.
Speaker 4: Let's be fun.
Speaker 5: The pressure.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be fun. It was set up to be fun. We're the fun We're the fun provider. Okay, that's what we're trying to do here, he says. I cannot tell you what a relief it is just to be able to wake up today and listen to the game this morning and not have to worry about calling fifty times trying to get through, or the stress of being the one that gets to play. I had such a blast last week. He did say he had fun on the way to the Hall of Fame. I'm looking forward to the Tournament of champions. I think Mo is my good luck charm I won every day that she has been on the show.
Speaker 1: Love you guys, Steve the Breadman, all right, well, thank you Steve.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to have fun. Everyone else thinking about calling and playing the game.
Speaker 1: It's fun. It's supposed to be fun. And then we start a new era. It is the mo Era of questions.
Speaker 2: So you can direct all of your complaints to Mo and O at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Keep that handy, these are her questions. Kind of okay, they're coming from you. I'm out. I'm out.
Speaker 2: I just get handed my question sheet now and then boom, and then I can pick on the questions like you guys do as well. I'll jump on the pile, risk it for the biscuit is back today. I'm excited about that. We are going to go in the extra innings with the Texas Hammer. You're shot it up to one thousand dollars. Let's play it again, Let's run it back. We're gonna do it at seven twenty offspring tickets on no the show. And then I want to find out about I don't see most six picks up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll do that. You're doing something I just send them chili, right.
Speaker 2: Those are coming. Oh boy, has no one talked to mo about this yet?
Speaker 4: Guys, I'm new here.
Speaker 1: All right, Well I forgot you new.
Speaker 3: Thank you for my first time. Okay, forgot and then he's been here for a minute. I at least took pictures of this second.
Speaker 1: Do not take the chili way of doing things? Yes, all right, hang on, it's.
Speaker 5: No time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kaylak, good morning, Good morning, Rock, good morning. Hey, you got the first phone call today.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing great? Just go on my way to work.
Speaker 1: Oh, what do you do?
Speaker 7: I'm a logistic supervisor?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Awesome? What time do you need to be there?
Speaker 7: Normally six, but I guess they're at six thirty.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Hang on, like starting now, you're ten minutes late and you're you're still not going to be there for another twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I live an hour away from work.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds like a you problem, not a work problem. Like, well, Ron, I live an hour away. Well do what? Okay, you're you don't get in trouble for being half hour late.
Speaker 7: No, they work with me.
Speaker 1: That's cool, all right?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm done yelling at you. What did you want to talk about this morning?
Speaker 7: I want to wish my son a happy birthday. It's on Friday. He'll be eleven, his na miss Jackson, and he absolutely loves you lot.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, hello Jackson, happy early birthday. Are you guys are you having do you still have like kid parties at eleven? Or is it just you guys celebrating as a family. How do you do it with an eleven year old?
Speaker 7: We got he likes to go to the okay, so we'll go to the Data Busters or something.
Speaker 2: And oh he's allowed to bring some buddies with him. Yeah, okay, and you gotta pay for all those kids to play those games?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is there a limit?
Speaker 2: How many kids is he allowed to bring? I need to know all this stuff this is coming in my future. How many kids is he allowed to have?
Speaker 7: I think typically the packages are like ten kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, and you guys are doing that on Friday night, Saturday Saturday? Awesome? Okay, all right, Well listen, his name's Jackson, right, yes, sir, all right, Jackson, have a great time.
Speaker 2: With your bros playing the video games. Kayla, get to work. I'm going all right, have a great day. Hang on for me on the flip Gonna wreck check.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what is trending with Alex and then we'll get set up for the game where we need two brand new players.
Speaker 8: Houston, Houston's alternatives and tell them at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, wellcome back, everybody. Welcome back from the weekend.
Speaker 1: Moms.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend. Speaking of Mom's Monday feature today, you might want to go show that out on the links and guests on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. We have Sunny's guys today, No rain highs them around eighty seven. If you were listening to me Mo's first Houston headline, she did go Houston centric with the weather and you said, it's gonna really change over the next.
Speaker 1: Couple of days, and that's it. We're gonna get in.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's gonna go today to Africa hot tomorrow and then that's.
Speaker 4: The record breaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that was the last nice weekend. Hi, Hi Alex, Oh, rod what's trending? Air Force one is trending?
Speaker 6: Trump is gonna accept the gift from the Quatar governments and it's gonna be the new air Force one, I think, but I think people pushing back on it. They're gonna give them a really fancy plane. They want to gift us a plain palace of the skies, and they're saying you can use it as air Force lunch. I don't know, but that's what people are talking about. Okay, Next that I see right now it seems weird. Then China Trade deal US. China looks like they figured out a trade deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Ninety day pause or whatever it is. That's a deal. See how that affects the markets today?
Speaker 1: Probably good, I would imagine. I guess it's going to affect Team. Yeah, you're purchasing ich swords.
Speaker 6: Sabou is trimming the legendary wrestler passed away at the age of sixteen years.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I was not either. Does your twin brother know who that is?
Speaker 6: He's pretty good on the wrestlers, So he's shaking his head, Yes, he does know.
Speaker 1: Are you saying everything you know about Sabu? Is he saying it right? Number one? Saboo? Okay? Pretty yeah? What what was his like, did he have a gimmick or something. He was a hardcore wrestler.
Speaker 9: You know, when WWE was mainstream, they had e CW like extreme wrestling, extreme, and he was one of those that would get cut up, bloody chairs, did crazy stuff nobody would do.
Speaker 1: But he was just a legend.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 9: He was inducted into the WW Hall of Fame last year, I believe.
Speaker 1: So he's a big deal.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, that's but he never he never wrestled for them.
Speaker 1: Well why would he go in there that Hall of Fame?
Speaker 9: Because the WW was like, hey, dude, this guy was a pioneer on extreme wrestling type of deal and it's made our our sport what it is now, so we need to put him in there.
Speaker 1: So we asked the right guy. Yeah, all right, thank you, chilly, and he's I'll be here. Thank you me.
Speaker 11: I never like to sow good morning, everybody. This is Steve the bread Man and I am your fresh out our bed head to head Hall of Fame member number five for twenty twenty five. Some are saying I should be the favorite going into the tournament, and I agree with him. Shout out to my daughter Abigail daddy, I love you. I got more kids than you shouting out, so join me at the end of the year as I continue my winning ways.
Speaker 1: It is Alex you and your dumb summ are saying, who said that he's the baby? Right?
Speaker 11: Matter?
Speaker 1: But if somebody saying it that are some people this idiot started that well two people mean some well, some are saying who actually one quessure means his wife Wendy said that he's the favorite going into the tournament and his daughter, I guess so. Some are saying, okay, then he's right. Some people are saying sexually record parl fuse hob fuse, hob full hop.
Speaker 2: We need fresh fish. Okay, maybe you've never played before. Get involved. Okay, you hear me all the time. What do I say? Get involved? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. So if you've been waiting your thirty days, or you've never played, or it's just been a while, whatever, seven one three two one two five ninety four five if you want to in.
Speaker 1: The rud Ryan Show ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five, the Buzz ninety four or five of the Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, hands up, cupcake.
Speaker 2: I make cupcakes this weekend. Love pineapple upside down cupcakes. It's impressive and they actually looked pretty good. Baking is not my thing. I'll put them a picture on our stories. Yeah, we did a little baking this this weekend. I hope you're up to a great start to your day, everybody. Thank you for being up dark and early with us. Welcome to your last day where you're not going to go outside and just burst into flames. Tomorrow that's going to start tomorrow, But today, no rain, sunny skuys highs up around eighty seven.
Speaker 1: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners. All right, who we got here? Matthew, good morning, good morning? How are you? WHOA? I'm doing a lot better now. I understand that you are fresh. You've never played before, never.
Speaker 12: Played called many times, never could get through sure enough.
Speaker 1: Today it happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, that's all I need to hear. You've been trying, you've tried in the past. Something was special about today, right.
Speaker 1: Man. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a fresh fish filet on line one, on line two, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who is this? Heys? This Abby, Abby, welcome back. You've played before?
Speaker 11: Yes, I was in the tournament last year.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, girl, Abby was in the Tournament of Champions. No pressure, Matthew, Are you is Abby? The girl's rule? Boys rule one? That you I forgot what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Sure, She's like, yeah, sure, now that you bring it up, Yeah, I know who Abby is.
Speaker 1: Abby is the one. And it's like, oh my god, I can't believe I got to do this victory speech right now. Yes, this old thing. She sounds like, it's so painful. You do such a good job. I don't know what the problem is. Abby. It's so good to have you back. Last year was the first time in the Turn of Champions, right, yes, you want back? In course, of.
Speaker 2: Course, all you gotta do is destroy Matthew fresh fish too. Jeez, Matthew, she was in the tournament last year. You're gonna have to really step it up. She's pretty good, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no pressure.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: These are welcome to the new era of mo questions.
Speaker 2: So all your complaints everything will go directly to MO at thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 1: That's spelled m O. Real easy. You're playing for.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the heck, Chili's doing mud vein tickets static x October thirteenth. Everyone else can go to ticket Master to get those tickets. It's a pretty nice prize for day one more. I'm sorry, Moe's ready. She already had me. She was ready this morning. She handed me the questions.
Speaker 1: Abby, you ready, Yes, Matthew, let's go. Okay, dude, prove it.
Speaker 2: Question number one, who's nos.
Speaker 1: Grew longer every time he lied? Abby? That's a correct answer. Now here's how it works. Matthew. I didn't hear anything out of you. I can barely hear the question. You can barely hear the question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the US is really loud.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll fix that. We'll fix that. Let's do this. All right, We got that cleared, Matthew. You good, much better.
Speaker 2: Now here we go, Matthew and Abby, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Complete this sentence. What goes up must come. That was a tie. I don't think you. Did Matthew say his name twice? Is that what happened?
Speaker 2: He said it clearly afterwards. Matthew, did you say your name twice?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was messed up the first time, messed out started. It was a tie the first time though. It was a tie, so it wasn't a full on Matthew, but he was trying to say his name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys, tied down is the correct answer. That's a tie.
Speaker 1: Burns a question, right, and that burns a question.
Speaker 2: So Moe's gonna learn that she's gonna hate ties because that kills a question.
Speaker 1: Thanks for nothing, y'all. Let's go all right, here we go for the win. Well, it's for Abby for the win. Matthew can get in the game. Here.
Speaker 2: What letter comes between Jay and Abby? Mabby, Abby, Hey, say it again? Okay, correct answer. I had to ask you to say it again. I got Matthew scoffing over there.
Speaker 14: Great, good game, Abby.
Speaker 2: Listen, Matthew is your first time playing. It's a Hall of Famer and she's fresh Like last year she was in the Hall of Fame. So uh, she's probably been running hot these first couple of months trying to get back in.
Speaker 1: So, Matthew, I hope you play again, dude, I'll call again thirty eight. Yeah, but that's a Hall of Famer that you lost. You Abby, welcome back, all right, good news you won, great news, you scored mud Vane, static X tickets, bad news. You got to do a victory speech. I'm so excited. All right, listen, you want to play tomorrow? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, do fun playing this game? He is it stressful though? After you win a couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Breadman was like, thank god, I've got to play this morning. She's so chill. I would love that. Yeah, all right, Abby, So great to have you back. Hang on there, Ryan Show five Experience Venture into the Cosmic on.
Speaker 2: The ninety four five the bus, Alien and Farm and their cover of Smooth Criminal Rod Ryan Show, Thank you so much for having a sunny sky today, no rain, highs of around eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Boy, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Here's where Abby would be gloating. What she would be reminding you right about now that she was in the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 2: Okay, she was one of the two chicks that was in there kicking some ass last year. Uh, Alex still having problems in the studio, are.
Speaker 1: We not here? No way? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Still not able to record, still not able to record victory speeches?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Other John sent me an email.
Speaker 2: Who is the curator of all things Rod Ryan's show and it still blows my mind, like how much.
Speaker 1: He keeps track of.
Speaker 2: Today is the three year anniversary of being in this new studio.
Speaker 6: It works just like brand Now we can't get the victory spech they never plugged it work.
Speaker 2: So we'll have that speech much like Steve the bread Man on Friday. We will have that speech for you tomorrow, but we're gonna have to record it after the show using other equipment that is not located in this studio.
Speaker 1: Awesome schools. I am engineering. I am currently submitting a trouble to Okay.
Speaker 2: Let the engineering department know. That's uh, chalker, there's a few things that aren't working here.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move forward though. All right, congrats Sabby. It's the fuck that's to the day. We make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the funk that to the day. All right. I brought up some fun facts for you today.
Speaker 2: If only there was an older guy that was here that I could ask about.
Speaker 1: Hey, hell, hi, you're old.
Speaker 2: Hell you remember you remember what a big deal it was for the finale of the television show Mash Yes, it was the biggest thing that everyone was talking about. It was the first time that I had ever heard about television ratings being like a little little kid just going okay. It broke every single record. People just love for this show. And it also was done like the last episode was great apparently, you know, like the one guy would Hawkeye wouldn't say goodbye, but he spelled it out in garbage bags or something. I remember that when the guy was when the other guy was taken off in the helicopter. Advertisement time for the series finale of MASH back in nineteen eighty three costs more than ad time for that year's super Bowl, So they knew what they had. They knew that it was just the biggest show, and they knew that they could give the most money for it. Nothing has surpassed the Super Bowl since. That's how big the series finale of MASH was.
Speaker 10: We had to play that song in band?
Speaker 1: That that that that that that's But.
Speaker 15: What is it called Mash? It's about suicide? Yeah, the songs about suicide. It's in the title. You're right, what did you play in band? How do I know this about you?
Speaker 1: I want to know so bad? Oh boy.
Speaker 2: The very first speeding ticket was given out in eighteen ninety nine. In Manhattan to a cab driver who is going a blazing twelve miles an hour?
Speaker 1: What in an eight mile an hour zone? That is you gotta be kidding me. Drives like you, Finally, Alex, Only two.
Speaker 2: Number one NFL draft picks from the past twenty years have won a Super Bowl. Only two of the number one NFL draft picks overall from the last twenty years have won a Super Bowl. Matthew Stafford with the La Rams in twenty twenty two. Eric Fisher Kansas City Chiefs twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: That's neat? Is he older than twenty years? Maybe? Is it that was a number one overall pick? I think it was longer than twenty years ago. Bro old, Yeah, you're old year old? Remember Match.
Speaker 5: To the Day?
Speaker 1: We make you look smart here, buddies, it's the fuck back to the Day. I think I watched that Mash four draft, so yeah, it would have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty one years I think I watched that series finale a Mash.
Speaker 14: With you, oh eighty three and negative six years ago we were watching together. Hey, mo, do we have something for the fun fat flashback?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 10: Do you have a prize?
Speaker 1: I do we got?
Speaker 3: Well, I've double check on Chili because he put Buzzfest tickets in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did so.
Speaker 3: If you don't already have them, and now's your time. If you don't, you could also buy them on ticketmaster dot com. But it's more fun to win them.
Speaker 1: Win them right here. It's your fun. What's the best way to avoid going bold? We learned that on Friday? Seems a little extreme, but maybe it's an option seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 6: It's now time for rockout within your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: All right, there's the guy. What did you play in band?
Speaker 10: Suicide is Painless?
Speaker 2: Suicide is painless? Thank you, sir, that's the that's the name of the song for mash. As a matter of fact, it was a charting hit. It was regularly played in radio stations. Played that on the air because it's got vocals, it's got it's got lyrics.
Speaker 10: I played the susophone.
Speaker 1: I did not know that about Hell. I've known him for over twenty one years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are having a moment right now?
Speaker 1: Who's the phone?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Take that one home for lunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll be doing Wall Street Friday.
Speaker 13: I we just gave back a little bit that that was down one hundred nineteen points. Kick off this morning at forty and forty one. Nasdaq down one point to seventeen thousand and nine twenty eight. Benchmark ten year Treasury trades at a four point four to four percent, and oil stands at sixty two dollars ninety two cents of Burrow two of the most active is the big studs Boeen, Chevron and three M, the big duds M Jen Murk and Salesforce economic calendar. It's all clear this morning right now. Futures they're looking fantastic. They're on the IP side. Looks like a positive opening right here own wall. Shoot, that's it.
Speaker 10: I'm out here.
Speaker 13: This is hallan managed director with Raymon JanSport for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on saying, Felippe and Augusta and no forget toys, rock out, we just stock out.
Speaker 8: Banion's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates in come Ember NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or it sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes on Laistos of Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five. The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. Yeah it sure is. Good morning, good morning. Hello. Who's this? My name is Sandra Figueroa.
Speaker 2: Sandra, good to have you on. Thanks for being a part of Home Room. The Fun Fact flashback. It's a it's a little drastic. But what did we determine on Friday was the best way to avoid going bald?
Speaker 8: Using rogaine?
Speaker 1: Show me using rogaine? No, no, I mean that's not really that drastic. This was a real drastic thing. Maybe Dale knows? Hi Dale?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi, Hi Dale. Do you know the fun fat flashback? What did we say on Friday was the best way to avoid going bald?
Speaker 1: Okay, great castration. Yeah, it's a little uh more radical than rogaine. Now, as long as you have your testes removed before you start going bald, you won't lose your hair. I know, real extreme here. Don't try this at home? What does Dale want.
Speaker 14: Dale's going to bus Fast Yay, Dale, You're going to Busfest Air been before?
Speaker 1: Dale.
Speaker 4: We're excited to have you there.
Speaker 1: Have you been to Busfest Dale?
Speaker 11: First time?
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 3: We will see you May twenty fourth, Woodlands for billion tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Congratsdale, Thank thank thank you so much, Thanks Bro, Thank you Dale. It'll be most first time at plus US two. Can we get can we go right into the headlines show everybody?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yes? Can we do that? Alex I could do a lot, Yeah, wherever we want? Buddy, can you sun these guys today? No, Rain, I don't like the way you called me buddyn't. I didn't believe it. That's a friendly condescending. It was aggressive.
Speaker 2: He's mad that I called him old because Eli Manning got drafted twenty one years ago. Twenty one year all right, Hi today of eighty seven Mo Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Please, good morning.
Speaker 3: We're waking up to the news at the US and China have agreed on a ninety day pause on most of their reciprocal tariffs. This is an attempt to ease the current trade battle that has rocked our global economy, and also on today's agenda. President Trump announced yesterday.
Speaker 1: He's going to be signing an executive order today.
Speaker 3: To lower prescription drugs by thirty to eighty percent. You get excited about that, but a similar order was blocked by quartsback in twenty twenty when he tried to do that.
Speaker 1: The first time.
Speaker 2: You will come to find that this is really big news. I don't know how much you've delved into the insurance that we have provided you.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. I mean every now and then you just get thrown for a curve ball.
Speaker 2: You're picking up inshurtance, you're picking up like some pills for your kid or whatever, and they just sometimes you just get hit over the head with an anvil.
Speaker 1: You're like, what, so this is really bad?
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 3: I know there's a lot of people that have like very serious prescription issues and they're just so expensive.
Speaker 1: So hopefully it works out. And then, by the way, our insurance blows. I never mentioned that. You might have mentioned it. I didn't in the interview. I might just sign here and then I'll tell God.
Speaker 3: Sign big news yesterday that Hamas has agreed to release the last living US hostage. His name is Eaden Alexander twenty one year old. He's a dual citizen US and Israel, and he was serving on the Israeli military when he was taken hostage October seventh, twenty twenty three. And this releases part of efforts to start a ceasefire, open orders.
Speaker 4: And let an eight.
Speaker 3: A wedding is making headlines because there were ninety five bridesmaids.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and ninety five. I believe Chili has a picture of this.
Speaker 2: He's putting it up on links and guests today because this has got to be the most ridiculous thing ever.
Speaker 4: It is, and the picture is extreme.
Speaker 3: The bride claims she started out seven or eight, but then she runs a dance to school and decided to add all of her dancers.
Speaker 1: Those are not her best friends in the whole world.
Speaker 3: The husband didn't agree to it. He was like, I'm having eight. That's all I'm doing. I'm not doing ninety whatnot?
Speaker 1: Did you did you have a big wedding?
Speaker 4: I had nine bridesmaids?
Speaker 1: And did he have a problem scraping up nine for his side? Now? Was it even? Yes? Okay, Alex yeah? Five? I don't remember currently normal. I don't remember. Was that the bar?
Speaker 3: It's not the world record though, ninety five is not the world record.
Speaker 1: I had about seven on either side, not the world record. What whoa whoa whoa woa what? What is the current number? Though?
Speaker 3: When an American woman got married in Florida shocking one hundred and sixty eight.
Speaker 1: That's just no, that's that's a whole wedding. So that's like, you're all in.
Speaker 6: My wedding party. Yeah, there's no one sitting watching. It's just we're all standing up doing that.
Speaker 1: That's dumb. Can we talk about Bendy Erwin? Why? Why? You might want to know?
Speaker 3: She was rushed to the hospital her appendix ruptured, and you're wondering, why mo is this news?
Speaker 1: Okay, why mo is this news?
Speaker 4: She was in Vegas when it happened.
Speaker 3: If you're in a hospital in Vegas, that's not where you want to go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: I imagine they're pretty good at like but I imagined the emergency rooms are probably well staffed.
Speaker 3: Hopping Mindy and her hot brother and her mom were in the States for the annual Steve Erwin gala.
Speaker 1: Was the hot gy necessary?
Speaker 3: I thought I should throw it in there. Okay, just in guess you forgot about him. I'm gonna show.
Speaker 2: You because there's a hot cousin that we don't talk about anymore. For some reason, she fell off the internet.
Speaker 4: Didn't even know about her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brother said, it's going to be okay. Of all the things they were ready for, this.
Speaker 1: Was not one of them. But Vegas hospital appendix ruptures.
Speaker 2: Isn't your appendix rupturing a real rando thing? I don't think that's party related, right, No?
Speaker 10: S not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just happens and you can't prepare for it. You just like, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh, y'all know Metallica's loud, but their fans are officially loud. The band is playing a show in Virginia at the Virginia Tech Hockey's football stadium last week, and the fans were so loud their noise registered as a small earthquake.
Speaker 1: It happens at Hochi's football games a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, they're doing the Enter the Sandman and everyone's you know, jumping, going wild.
Speaker 1: The school that comes out to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, they performed it. Sixty thousand fans made it a big deal.
Speaker 1: Did you hear? I know you did?
Speaker 2: Didn Garth Brooks register something in LSU Stadium?
Speaker 1: Yeah, during the song Baton Rouge calling Baton Rouge yep, And was there a registered number of there's.
Speaker 3: A thing called it. I want to say it's a seismograph. Yeah, I'm not a scientist.
Speaker 1: But it was like, it's the thing that earthquakes. Yes, So Garth also had this. That's cool.
Speaker 4: All Rights.
Speaker 1: Got to win.
Speaker 6: They shut out the Reds six to nothing, and they took two of three from Cincinnati over the weekend. Tonight, they're gonna open up a three game series with the Royals at dyke In Park. Ryan Guesto will be on the map for this drills, going up against Kansas City's Michael Waka. First pitches at seven to ten, and you can listen to that game over on our sister station's Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty ktr H. In the NBA playoffs, the Thunder got by the Nuggets ninety two to eighty seven, and the Pacers blew at the Caves one twenty nine to one nine. In the Stanley Cup Playoffs, yesterday, the Stars beat the Jets five to two and the Panthers shut out the Maple Leafs too nothing to tie that series up at two games.
Speaker 1: Apiece.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, what are we doing next hour?
Speaker 1: Ooh, Briskit for the Biscuit is back. All right. I thought we were only doing it one week. Think again. Crazy dude.
Speaker 2: Alex was so he was clenching that money so tight. Last not we have extra money. We wanted to give it.
Speaker 1: He thought he was going to get to keep.
Speaker 4: It, not keeping.
Speaker 2: I know the impression that that was gam it, that the impression was never given that were impressing that I was under there. Briscuit for the Biscuit is going into overtime extra innings. We're gonna play again, your chance to win up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be fun. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, Hands off those cupcakes. Oh, I said I was gonna post the pictures of I was gonna all right, I'll get a picture up with the cupcakes.
Speaker 1: I know you're like all dying to see. I want to see the pineapple upside.
Speaker 2: Down cupcakes that we made yesterday at the house.
Speaker 1: They actually came out pretty good. I'm not I'm not as accomplished as a baker as i'd like to be. Cooking. I'm cool with I'm fine with all that. The baking thing, it's not really my it's not my thing.
Speaker 3: If you were good at everything, Rod, we would all just have to sit here and all of you yeah, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: These came out pretty good though, these guys today no rain highs up around eighty seven. I would like to hear some if you don't mind sharing it. I don't know. I haven't gotten over to links and guests yet.
Speaker 5: Mo.
Speaker 1: Have you shared anything with us Chili with your six picks yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I sent Chili the picks and then he told me I needed to send like words with the picks. So I'm sure he's working very hard to get those up.
Speaker 1: That we didn't even know what the hell we're looking at.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know, but I'm prepared now, did you.
Speaker 1: I imagine there's people hearing for the first time. That's Mo. Everybody. She came she came back. Yes, So the first week. Didn't freak you out? No, okay, thank you. I walked in. You're standing in here in the dark.
Speaker 10: It was weird.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't like to turn the light.
Speaker 3: That's your job, turn it on the lights side weird.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if you didn't know where the lights arech race.
Speaker 5: You didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't go over that. I'm not used to somebody being here before me. So I come in and I'm like, Jesus Christ too, is that barely before you dark in here? Did you have a good Mother's Day? I did?
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for asking. It was fun.
Speaker 3: I have toddlers, so it's not like real crazy sailor is for she wrote me a poem at school and I got, like, you know, the handmade gifts from them and then they say they say there and not a second.
Speaker 1: I gotta get suth so, oh my gosh, aig gift.
Speaker 3: I got a big gift, A huge, huge, embarrassingly huge gift for's day.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is a normal thing that you would get. Is not normal, I don't get. We don't do this. This is not like we don't exchange big gifts. So this is bigger than normal.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is huge, all right, and you want to tell everybody?
Speaker 1: Not really, but yes, I'm going to you want to tell everybody everybody if you want to tell everybody what you got. Sure.
Speaker 3: My husband and my best friend's husband coordinated to send the two of us on a girl's weekend to Vegas to see the Backstreet Boys at the Spear.
Speaker 1: Do you know how expense? I know? I can't.
Speaker 3: I like have goo some slow for my whole body. It's probably the only gift I'm gonna get all year.
Speaker 1: I wanted it so bad. Rot I know some.
Speaker 2: People kind of run out, like after they get a they'll get an engagement ring and they'll go run out and see what it costs, and.
Speaker 1: Oh, well I got him. I have to get it appraised. So I guess I understand that.
Speaker 16: Did you glance at what these tickets cost in the sphere?
Speaker 1: Do you have to take a mortgage out on your home to see a concert in the sphere? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I tried to buy them myself and I couldn't stomach it. Like the day that they went on sale, You guys, I was not expecting.
Speaker 1: This for the Backstreet Boys? Yes, now, is this a reunion or they've been back together for a while. They haven't gone anywhere rot do they They've been quiet for a.
Speaker 4: While, but they were in Vegas.
Speaker 3: They did like a residency and then you know, last week I had to stay out because they were on an award show and I had to stay up, like really late to watch them. They're my all time They're my favorite.
Speaker 1: Is everybody in the band? Original guy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And they still dance so hard.
Speaker 2: One guy didn't want to do it for a long time, right, they convinced him.
Speaker 1: Kevin Ken, why are you embarrassed for me? That's awesome than the sphere? It's something I really wanted. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: And then when you go to see something that you really really love, I do love you too. I don't the Eagles aren't like my number one band or anything like that, but just to see them and see anything in the sphere.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you. Thank you, I really am. That's going to be amazing. Well, once in a life kind of did you was it a complete shock that you got these yes, and the way that they gave them to us, like all of.
Speaker 4: It was so shocking.
Speaker 3: Did you kind of ask for I've been asking for a long time, but I never thought I was actually going to get it, okay, so.
Speaker 1: It was it, truly, you were shocked, shocked? How did they give them to you?
Speaker 3: I was laying in bed at my mother in law's house celebrating her Mother's Day, and he brought in. They did like an AI picture they put their faces in with the Backstreet boys, and I started and then he's like, read it, and then it said mostly expenses paid, and I was like, who, I didn't believe it.
Speaker 1: It's not all expense paid. Mostly they're definitely not covering all of that. You're on the hook for the flights or something, probably my gambling and my beverages.
Speaker 3: Wow, it was so cool, the next level. Yeah, sorry to set the bar there. Don't feel like you need to know Alex.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna skip. I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: But Alex was planning this huge deal because it was Emma's first Mother's Day and you listen, that baby is in your belly, you're a mom, all of that, but you kind of called this like okay, with the baby on the outside of the body.
Speaker 2: This was the first Mother's Day, so she was she excited about her Sphere tickets as well. She well, she got fresh squeezed orange juice.
Speaker 4: Did she let her sleep and like take care of the baby and.
Speaker 1: Stuff made her some eggs?
Speaker 5: What you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's good. Everything is good. You want to talk about it now?
Speaker 12: I mean.
Speaker 1: One day?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I hope all you moms out there had a wonderful, wonderful Mother's day for everything.
Speaker 1: Better than listen, it's not too late. Hanging in there. You could win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll cover one ticket to the Battery Voice in the Sphere, one person.
Speaker 1: You have fine percent of one. You'll have to drive there.
Speaker 2: You might have a little gas money, but still you could win up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We're going in the extra innings. We have some extra money, and the Hammer's cool with it. He said it all the way. I don't want any of it back.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna give you a shot up to one thousand dollars. The Risk It for the Biscuit game after this will get you set up.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Us.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back, super excited. More cash to be had as we're gonna play risk It for the Biscuit coming up with our friends the Texas Hammer, Mister Jim Adler said, give that money away to listeners and whatever's that I got to listeners of the show.
Speaker 1: Don't know if that's exactly. Employees not mentioned. I was asking for cash.
Speaker 2: Sunny Skuys today, No rain highs him around eighty seven. Guess what, Yeah, that's gonna be downright cool compared to what we're gonna be talking about the rest of the week. We got a heat wave coming and it's just like Mother Nature's gonna turn on the heat and just keep it on the pedal to the metals for the rest of the summer. Now, we're just gonna start summer way earlie this year. Hey Alex, hello Rod, you work here.
Speaker 1: You can't win man money allegendly, Okay, what's trending? Milk minded is trending?
Speaker 6: Kitty Kristen is submitted to us today by a listener Antoni when people are checking her out, I've been a little famous.
Speaker 1: As the work Sage dot com. I haven't gotten around to it, but says she's given off a Dominique socks a vibe. Okay, so I have checked that out, then that's a vibe that I like giving off. Yeah, so I will go check that out. The NFL is trending.
Speaker 6: The schedule releases later this week, but stuff is starting to leak and the opening game of NFL season is not going to be a cool one. It's the Eagles and the Cowboys and they will play the Thursday Night your two favorite opener on Thursday.
Speaker 1: September fourth, So people are talking about that. And then Amber Heard is trending. She gave birth to twins. She did not give birth to those twins.
Speaker 2: Had twins, She just kind of Some kids appeared in her Instagram feed yesterday on Mother's Day. So I'm assuming a surrogate. Oh maybe, Yeah, so she has twins. I guess that's what I learned today.
Speaker 1: Breaking news. Yeah, some kids magically appeared in her feed. She said they're hers. That's just trend.
Speaker 2: Okay, look at this, looks look what I got.
Speaker 1: Take your Backstreet boys and shut me up here. Oh yeah, you think spiritual gets a cool? Look what I got? I got kids over here for a gift. All right, Well that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for her. Listen, this is big hit. Get your mind right, everybody, Okay, please, do.
Speaker 1: You have what it tight to risk it? For the Biscuit with Rod Ryan on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: We have some money laying around and you could win up to one thousand dollars today, risk it for the biscuit Extra innings with the Texas Hammer. Now's the time to get in. Caller ten gets to play. How long you gonna hang in there? Can you risk it for the biscuit? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four The Bus, Green Day. When I come around Rod Ryan Show, I hope all you mom's had well. You probably thought you had a good Mother's Day until you heard what Moe was given.
Speaker 1: Us a gain?
Speaker 4: Why did you even ask me?
Speaker 2: Mo is Uh was given Backstreet voice tickets to this fear for Mother's Day present, ultimate dream concern.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for you, Thank you. I'm happy for you. I think everyone else, I mean, those flowers to my mom really looks stupid right now. Thank you?
Speaker 2: One hundred flowers. Gee, why do you think I went with the super duper one? I think mid level.
Speaker 5: Should have it up.
Speaker 1: That'll teacher, rod Good morning.
Speaker 2: I hope all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day, lots of stuff for you on links and guests on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. And then the other thing that I gotta start working in there a little bit and then Chili. We need to probably start adding some more information because I know Vonetta from ABC Body Art was asking, like about details ditch Day is. There's inform about ditch Day. There's an actual date for ditch Day. It's going to be Friday before Father's Day. So how about this weekend ditch Day on Friday, Metallica on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Father's Day on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty nice setup for a pretty good looking weekend. All the ditch Day information is on our Facebook.
Speaker 1: Page right now.
Speaker 2: If you head over there, go to the events, and we are actively looking for a shot meme certainly taking your emails, and emails are coming in every day with shot suggestions. Don't worry about the ingredients, but you know there has to be a shot at associated with this ditch Day situation. So if you have a funny name suggestion, you can email me Rod at Thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 1: That music. You know what that means? Are you ready to risk it for the biscuit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you ready to risk it for the biscuit? This was supposed to be one week Monday through Friday. When I originally brought this to mister Adler. Uh, he was well aware, because you know, I talked him into this a couple of years ago. And he thinks it's cool. He likes the game and uh, and I think he did this last year too. He said, why don't you keep playing? Why don't you just keep going? So we're gonna play another round of risk it for the biscuit. You have a shot to win up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We just don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you want to do. We don't know what Alex is doing over there. It's weird giving that.
Speaker 1: Guy like all the power. Yeah power. I was gonna say, what you've done. I was gonna say artistic freedom, but no, it's power. He's not the power. He's the one that decides how much money.
Speaker 2: Like, you don't want Alex being the guy working the levers and the smoke and the behind the curtain, the little the little man standing on the stool working the levers. I had no attention to that man behind good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this? Good morning guys. This is Julian. Julian. Do you have what it takes, the risk it for the biscuit? I can hope.
Speaker 11: I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 1: I would be nervous too. I would be nervous too.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're putting your you're putting your financial future in Alex's hands.
Speaker 1: Where would you say stop? He really does not want that responsibility.
Speaker 4: See you talking about it too well?
Speaker 1: Julian, where are you from? Uh? Okay, dude, So did you hear the game? Do you understand how to play? Yes?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: The Texas Hammer.
Speaker 2: Just for everyone else listening, you sound like you know what you're doing, but I'm just to make sure I believe you. For everyone listening, You're going to hear a fuse lit Now.
Speaker 1: At the end of that fuse, what happens it comes to an end?
Speaker 2: It could be an explosion, right, mister Jim Adler, The Texas Hammer will come on and shout out money in one hundred dollars increments. As soon as he says an amount of money, you're locked in.
Speaker 1: That's yours. Okay, that money is yours.
Speaker 2: When you want to stop, you yell stop, and I will stop things and you can have it, and you can have all that money.
Speaker 1: You can have all that money, dude.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just I'm not trying to make you more nervous.
Speaker 1: I'm just making sure that we are clear.
Speaker 2: Now, let us all hear what it sounds like when you say stop. I'm not saying you're ever gonna say stop, But what does it sound like when you say stop?
Speaker 6: Stop?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, everybody hear that thing, and everybody hear that thing. You heard it, Alex job, Julian. The only thing left to do is to light the fuse. Are you ready go? Let's do it. Okay, there it is, Okay, fuse is lit.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: All this money could be yours. One hundred dollars that took forever? How long? Two hundred dollars that's yours.
Speaker 10: That was quick.
Speaker 17: Three hundred dollars, four hundred dollars, wow, five hundred dollars, six hundred dollars, seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money. Seven hundred dollars please billion boy?
Speaker 3: M h Is that what you've been in the whole time?
Speaker 4: You knew you were gonna say seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Stop. Yeah, that'd be fake. Sorry, I agree, I mean seven hundreds, risky. I didn't even ask him what the number was. Did you went into the game saying I'm stopping at seven no matter what, Yes, I did, dude, that's your money, that's your money, Happy Monday? Should we? Should we listen?
Speaker 4: Do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Julie? I little don't, but let's do it. Torture me, why don't you? Okay, you stopped at seven? Hey, one hundred dollars? Okay, nine hundred dollars? Wow, So oh, don't do it.
Speaker 4: That's all right, Julianne, Dude, seven hundred buck.
Speaker 1: You got seven. You left two on the table. Don't think about it. Cash money, that's yours, bro.
Speaker 10: I'm happy.
Speaker 1: I'm happy. Seven hundred dollars. You could buy half a Backstreet Boy ticket the Sphere in Vegas, like him to me like that.
Speaker 2: You can either have the bottom part or the toe of the seat.
Speaker 1: Julian Congratulations, man, I'm so happy for you. I'm so happy for you. Thank you so much. Man, that's amazing. This is a Ron Ryan show. He's got a passion for Christ and Dug Bears from the creators of Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, Chicago p D, and Chicago Justice. It's Chicago Pope. We're on a mission from God, his blessed sacrament. He's a slice of deep dish pizza and a shot him a Lord. I'm planning. I've taken one of my polp pats and putting a bull's logo on it. Chicago Pope. Following a new episode of Chicago Transit Authority and Chicago Parking Enforcement CBS Tonight, The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show on this Milk Monday. Welcome back from the weekend.
Speaker 2: I want to thank the Texas Hammer, mister Jim Adler. Risk It for the Biscuit has been so much fun. There's another seven hundred dollars out the door. I guess we need to do a little accounting work Chile after the show, figure out are we done.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we're officially done with Risk It for the Biscuit.
Speaker 2: Of course, I didn't like to play it again. I don't know if we're you gonna see if we're out of money yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know where we're at, but I'll keep you posted on that if we can play anymore.
Speaker 1: I love this game.
Speaker 2: I do have ghost tickets coming up for you. At eight twenty, we're gonna do Alternative Income. That's the national contest. You're shot at one thousand dollars. You're competing with the world.
Speaker 1: But I want you to get involved in that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna kick that off at nine ten Offspring tickets on no the show I mentioned ditch Day is coming up, and it's fun for me because all these things that we talk about, like when we talk about Buzzfest. The guy that won Buzfest tickets in homeroom, he said he'd never been to Buzfest.
Speaker 1: I said, neither his mom. It's gonna be your first one. You haven't been to ditch Day, No, could be your first one. I'm so excited. So we have a shot that we always do, and I let.
Speaker 2: The I let the pros come up with the ingredients. But we being what what are we good at coming up with stupid names?
Speaker 1: Like we're professionals at dumb names?
Speaker 4: This is what people have been emailing me and.
Speaker 1: Saying dumb things that what you're getting a lot of emails a lot about this. So Greg says, if you guys are doing ditch day again, some shot suggestions, the Texas Hammer shot. Okay, risk it for the biscuit. I like that, the risk of biscuit shot.
Speaker 2: Chad mc says, have a shot where you go up to the counter and just say any movie that Moe has not seen. So you can just say any movie and you will get the shot. All right, we know that MO is not a big thank you. Can you read how your eyes?
Speaker 1: Did you read that far? There's a couple of suggestions that you just see what's on the board so far in consideration one mo one MO one more shot shot mo apocalyps uh huh slow, oh, a lot of most centric names. What's the the risky biscuit. That's cool, risky biscuit. Monkey sent that in double overtime.
Speaker 2: No, that brings up bad memories Chile. He went to double overtime and they still didn't get a.
Speaker 1: Winner, and read my list. I remember that and I just had to like just bail out of the bit. Gotta go.
Speaker 2: I'm like the Wizard's hotlines ringing wizards, texting me and what does he have two lines?
Speaker 1: He's texting me and calling the hotline at the same time. He's like, that's really funny.
Speaker 4: Okay, double overtime.
Speaker 2: We will never ever name that shot double overtime. As a matter of fact, you're forbidden from talking about.
Speaker 1: Double and crust that off the LISTA. I never say it again. Please? Who's playing? Read my lips this week? You are? You're coming back? You won?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Is that how that works? Yeah? You won your game, so I have to play again. You're taking on Alms, take on Alex good lord, yikes and the new Pope with you on that game? With me or with Alex? I'm with you. He's uh, he's good. He takes it serious. Finally we found something you're getting, Alex. He down plays.
Speaker 12: Easton's rocking alternatives, The Rod This.
Speaker 8: This Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show on this MILF Monday.
Speaker 1: It's no Backstreet Boys, But uh, do you want to do.
Speaker 4: Netburgh going to hear the end of this if you.
Speaker 1: Wanted to see my pineapple upside down cupcakes that we.
Speaker 4: Made, son, I didn't bring any for me.
Speaker 1: Oh I should have brought some in you should have them. That'll be good tomorrow. I got to get rid of some of them. Those are on our story. It's a little baking the house.
Speaker 2: This weekend, guys.
Speaker 1: I hope you're off to a great start to your day. We're only coming up on a halfway point. Good times, Sonny. No rain.
Speaker 2: Highs today of around eighty seven. Will have more on that because the weather's about to change drastically around here. But she's got Houston's headlines right now.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Thank you, Rod.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: We're working up to the news of the US and China have agreed on a ninety day pause on of their reciprocal tariffs. This is an attempt to ease the current trade battle that has rocked the global economy. On today's agenda, President Trump announced yesterday he's going to be signing an executive order this morning to lower prescription drug prices from thirty to eighty percent. We're hoping this works out, but just keep in mind a similar order was blocked by courts when he did this back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Do yourself a favor and enjoy this weather this.
Speaker 3: Morning, because it's the last time we're going to see tempts like this until the end of summer.
Speaker 1: God, it's too early to turn on the heat.
Speaker 3: It's a major May heat wave in coming this week feeling like the middle of July. Record hides could push the heat index to one hundred and five, and the hottest day of the week will be Wednesday, with a predicted record high temp of ninety seven And if that verifies, it's going to be the earliest in the calendar year that Houston has ever observed ninety seven degrees.
Speaker 1: The records we don't want to break. No, why's terrible, Alex.
Speaker 4: This one's for you.
Speaker 3: Old Video Game Hall of Fame announced its class of twenty twenty five, and I've actually played half of them that are going into this class. I don't play a lot of video games, Rod. Have you ever heard of Defender? Yeah, that's an old one eighties arcade game.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I appreciate you asking me about that one. You're welcome Quake it's from the nineties. Never heard of it.
Speaker 3: But this one, Golden Eyed double O seven. Pretty sure that shape shaped much helphood?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Same, we just played it. It was like one of the best selling Nintendo sixty four games.
Speaker 1: Ever, it's like a little double step would running around from screen to screen.
Speaker 6: He's like the first like first person shooter and that you could play multiplayer in Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay, also going into the Hall of Fame Tomagotchee.
Speaker 2: And that's the little thing you needed to keep alive. Yes, I remember doing that as a bit on the air, really on the radio. So that must have been late nineties.
Speaker 3: Yes, ninety six. We carried him around to school and then they got outlawed.
Speaker 1: But I guess they're back. I've heard kids are asking for them now.
Speaker 3: So video Game Hall of Fame Taylor Swift, she's been subpoenaed to test by in the Blake Lively justin Baldon a mess. Why do you care? Well, because we all like Ryan Reynolds, what we thought we did.
Speaker 1: Let me do a little quick breakdown for those not following. Should I stop with the Ryan Reynolds aviation gim yes? Or maybe I'm just saying I'm not team Ryan Reynolds and all of this. You're not. You've already made your decision. Yes, the courts have not decided.
Speaker 3: I know, but you know the boys, okay, where like we make up our minds a quick breakdown. Blick Lively was in a movie with an actor named Justin Baldoni, and Blake claimed that he acted inappropriately towards her on set. So all of this stuff is coming out, and there's a common theme that points all of these allegations back towards Ryan Reynolds for allegedly just being a jealous husband and dare I claim a bully.
Speaker 2: So pushing her to make these accusations against him.
Speaker 1: Don't look at my wife.
Speaker 6: He has all those screenshots of all he has all the receipts and everything messages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate the explanation. I still feel confused. Taylor Swift is famously best used with Blake Lively.
Speaker 4: You know that, right right, That's why this is interesting.
Speaker 2: And I think she has a song on the soundtrack, But other than that, there's no involvement with this.
Speaker 1: So this is just to get a headline.
Speaker 3: Justin Baldonius claiming that Taylor was around when he was around Blake and Ryan, so that she was like they were using Taylor Swift as like clout.
Speaker 2: Anybody want to put money down. She never shows in court, she never word. Don't care no, her lawyers will get her out of that.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching bi Congrats to Disturbs. Lead singer David Drayman has found himself a new lady, and he proposed to her on stage.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend.
Speaker 3: The band is on their Sickness twenty fifth anniversary tour in California. David brought her out on stage before the song The Light. He met this new girl on Bumble earlier today. I said Tinder, but the radio wizard corrected me and said it was Bumble. I'm just reading the headlines. I don't have any idea. It's bumble.
Speaker 1: What an odd correction like. He wanted to make sure they appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I like to get my facts straight.
Speaker 1: So I want to make sure we get the right dating site. Thank you wizard. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Is there a major difference between Bumble and Tinder? Is one of the more hookuppy hooky uppy?
Speaker 1: I do not know. I don't know. It's one of the more pokey pokey. Not familiar with the dating app. Well, good for David Raymond.
Speaker 2: You would think that he'd be fine on his own out there, that he wouldn't need a dating app.
Speaker 1: Probably. Can you imagine coming across the celebrity though and being like, oh, hey, gonna be a condo line of girls after every show to choose from.
Speaker 5: He picked her.
Speaker 1: Good for him, he's a nice guy. I'm happy for him. But he got over there. The Astros got to win yesterday.
Speaker 6: They shut out the Red six to nothing.
Speaker 1: They took two or three from Cincinnati over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Royals at Diking Park. Ryan Gesta is gonna be in the man for this. Drows going up against Kansas City's Michael Waka. First pitch is at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k H. In the NBA Playoffs, the Thunder got by the Nugget ninety two to eighty seven, and the Pacers blew out the Calves one twenty nine to one to nine. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Stars beat the Jets and the Panthers shut out the maple Leaves two to nothing to even that Sear had two games that What's going on in Sports Rock.
Speaker 1: And Alternative where he used to the Rod.
Speaker 5: Ryan Morning Show six to am.
Speaker 1: Here we go halfway part of the show h.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, the bus food Fighters learned to fly Rod Ryan's show Welcome Back for the weekend.
Speaker 1: All your Mom's had a killer. I was just looking at some of most pictures. I'd like to go through some of these pictures here. Oh, if you don't mind, I don't really remember. You don't remember what you said Chili this morning, but I'm gonna pull it up. Chili, did Chile he give you any crap about sending the pictures this morning?
Speaker 5: And not?
Speaker 1: Did he give you any instructions on six picks? Or did you just know that you had six picks? And that was it?
Speaker 3: When I left here on Friday, you told me that I needed six picks.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that was the end of that. There was no other instructions, No, Chili. No, you didn't get him in by the cutoff.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 1: So these came in late. I said them this.
Speaker 4: Morning, and then at first sent them. He was like, well I need words with them, and I was like, oh, and I was.
Speaker 3: Doing other things, so he got them late. So sorry, Chili, like Tessa never left stopping time. At least I did them.
Speaker 1: Chili, when would you ideally I mean, we might as well get we might as well flush this out.
Speaker 4: Please tell me when I should say that.
Speaker 1: Well, he's gotten on me.
Speaker 2: I've sent him before at eight o'clock on Sunday and he's given me crap about it. But what he's given me he had like by the time by the time I wind down my weekend and then story tying bag in bed, then I hop on the computer and then assess and figure out what pictures I want to send. I sent my stuff at eight o'clock before he's like, dude, eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: I'm starday. So just so you know, I took crap.
Speaker 2: Eight pm on Sunday, them this morning seven am Monday.
Speaker 1: I mean, Chillie, when would you like the six picks?
Speaker 9: Just moving forward a noon on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Not everybody is laying in bed at noon like you on Sunday and the weekend's over a.
Speaker 4: U pro there's no chance it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I can't be that person for you. Cool could happen still after twelve o'clock noon on Sunday, that would be picture worthy. I mean, that's all right, my problem. All right, I'm going to leave that to you. I was surprised to see me in your sixth picks.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, we picked off the weekends.
Speaker 5: You remember.
Speaker 2: Forgot that we were on Friday, all of us. Wow, it seems like a billion years ago. So we had like a little uh crawfish worky thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were celebrating one of the stations turning one hundred years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of those stations down the hall. Yes, KPRC. It is KPRC, right, Yes, yeah, KPRC turned one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: So incredible. So we went over to one of the creek groups, which one was it Cedar Creeks the twentieth all.
Speaker 2: Right, So we were all hanging out together there we are, Hey, there's your dude, my.
Speaker 1: Husband, that's your husband. Full head of hair. He got all the hair. That son of a bitch is never going bald.
Speaker 3: He got a new blackstone, and so he insisted on cooking all weekend, which I was cool with.
Speaker 1: So he didn't get that like Mother's Day weekend ycent purchase. We've been wanting to make the flat The flat top is badass, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You like it on the debt like all summer long kind of situation.
Speaker 2: So it's all mushroomy on the grill. What was the future of the other things on that grill?
Speaker 1: Burgers? I like mushrooms on my burgers. Okay.
Speaker 2: And he was cooking for you on this weekend. Okay, So is it Mother's Day weekend at your house?
Speaker 4: He had a whole weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's cringing. I know, all right, Mother's Day weekend. Yes, So there he is slaving for you. Thank you. Okay, very handsome. He's that right, Uh, Sailor, it's my daughter, she's four.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you guys are doing. You're donating something here.
Speaker 3: Oh, Sailor saw a video of another radio personality making kids meals for the organization, kids meals. They take it's meals on wheels, but for kids. Okay, So they deliver lunches. So Sailors obsessed with decorating the brown paper bags and some Every once in a while, I'll buy extra groceries.
Speaker 1: And you can put them in the bags.
Speaker 3: They have a list of what they need, and then I bring them in town and we donate them. She loves doing. It is so cool and it's so easy for kids to do.
Speaker 2: The only thing I'm going to ask is I think this is really good? Which part I'm gonna have Chili send him a UURL to add to that because somebody's going to want to do this.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, please to help donate. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's fun. It's really fun for a little kids. Wait like that speaking for Chill, can we add something to that?
Speaker 10: Or no?
Speaker 1: Is it the store is closed?
Speaker 4: Sorry eight am the night before. It's for charity.
Speaker 1: Extra and kids.
Speaker 2: Would you mind if she makes an edit and sends it to to add something? Sorry, I'm not putting words in your about Can we please?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's for charity thinking, thank you, never let it happen. Yeah, where's his bag of food?
Speaker 4: Sailor will pack you a lunch?
Speaker 1: To anything? That says mister Chili on it? Okay, there's your friend Kaitlyn. I know Caitlyn. You do, yeah, Caitlyn.
Speaker 3: They were hosting a First responders fundraiser this weekend, so I got to see them.
Speaker 1: They were in my neck of the woods.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's you and your pals, and then there's there's another kid.
Speaker 1: How many kids you have? I have two? Okay, it seems like there's a lot of kids here. Okay, so there's another kid yeah, Briggs, he's two years old. Okay, and your brother say.
Speaker 3: My mother in law's Yeah, I call it the Willis spawn resort, which is funny because there's not a spawn resort in Willis, but that's what I call my in law's house.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good. And there's a cat and I oh, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Your daughter in London wants a cat. She does, so does my daughter.
Speaker 1: And it's not happening. It's not happening.
Speaker 3: So we keep this cat at my mother in law's ranch and we tell Saylor that it's her cat.
Speaker 1: So she thinks she has a cat. That's good. If you want, you can put one out there too. That's good. I will yeah, yeah. And then it looks like you guys all went fishing with grandma all the ranch stuff. It's so fun.
Speaker 2: Where's the ranch, Willis? Oh that's awesome. Okay, that's not a.
Speaker 1: Bad outing for the six pace weekend.
Speaker 4: It was busy as a busy weekend.
Speaker 2: I do want to find out more about that charity, so please send that link over, like you know, just if you want to get involved.
Speaker 1: Here's what we did. And then put the link up to that because I know someone's going to ask Caylee. I want to do that too. That's a really cool thing. I'd like to get London involved in that.
Speaker 2: Most six picks on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com quick Break when we come back, Well, Alex word find out was trending.
Speaker 1: I don't know how big this story is. I have it.
Speaker 2: It's not its own blog page, but she's headlining the looking at Girls blog page. Is Bill Belichick's girlfriend trending? Or is that already? Is that already an old story? I don't think that's her name.
Speaker 1: It's true done like I spell, she had a big weekend. Is she trend or no? I have not seen her trending. That's good. Okay, then I'm gonna shoehorn it in. Then I'm gonna shoe horn it in.
Speaker 2: So we'll find out what's trending and what I want to talk about, and then we'll also give you a chance at winning some ghost tickets.
Speaker 1: Still stay there, us Rock and Alter.
Speaker 5: Very soon The Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. Everyone got some ghost tickets coming up for you for their show August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. We've got one more nice day before we all land on the sun today, sunny, high of eighty seven. I know that sounds warm. He's gonna be the good old days, Okay, like in two days from now. We have no chance of rain today, which is good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's a heat wave that's coming in and it's coming in like one of the earliest ones ever. Maybe breaking records, cash and checks breaking next, Alex breaking next?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, how are you? I'm fine. How was your mother's day? I thought it went well. Mo, just kind of made it as Yeah, nobody had as good as mother. That's cool.
Speaker 4: Did your wife feel appreciated?
Speaker 1: I feel like she did.
Speaker 4: That's important.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You had to take care of your mom and your wife. Yeah, do it both that and it was fun. Did you cook my dad? Did? He made? Kick in down? His dad's good? Well done. What's trending, didd He is trending. His trial starts today. Have you guys seen a picture of him? Nope?
Speaker 4: Well he's been in jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, all great out. They don't really big birthday and they don't let you use hair coloring in prison. And did he is of an age that's probably close to me? Uh yeah, he's all great out. Oh wow, yeah. I mean you get your hair cut, but you don't get a lot of producers. Yeah, that's not on your unless I guess you. You know, you work it off.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they sell that stuff in the commissary. Yeah, but no, Yeah, Diddy's all great out that's crazy. Yeah yeah yeah, I saw one picture of him. So the trial starts today, meaning they have picked their.
Speaker 6: Turlers, so that maybe I don't know the Didy trial and it says it's it's as he's gearing up for.
Speaker 4: His trial today because they were doing jury selection last week.
Speaker 6: Interesting us NBA draft lottery that's tonight and the Rockets have the Phoenix Suns pick.
Speaker 1: We have a three point eight percent chance at getting.
Speaker 6: The number one overall pick three three point eight almost four. So I just did a sim of where the draft lottery would go, and the Rockets did win the one sim that.
Speaker 1: I hit, So I'm not going to hit it.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to sim it again because as far as I'm concerned, we're going to win the number one pick, same Coper flag, first white guy ever to be drafted number one since like nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be history this year keep Mrvanich whatever his name.
Speaker 1: Was, Histol Pete. He didn't go first. I don't know not not well, it.
Speaker 6: Wasn't the forties, yeah, so he must not have gone first. And then Bendi Irwin's also trending. We were talking about that earlier today. But she had to go undergo emergency surgery this weekend in Vegas after her appendix ruptured.
Speaker 1: That people are talking about that online. That's just trending on ninety PFY the bus. All right, I was a hot brother, is he okay too? He looked.
Speaker 3: I mean he was on the red carpet, so low was so he can really put a little more focus into him.
Speaker 1: Okay, much deserved. It's funny the hot Irwin boys come to be known around here now.
Speaker 2: So Bill Belichick was in the audience to watch his girlfriend Jordan Hudson coming thirst on third place at the twenty twenty five not the Miss USA pageant, a Miss Maine USA pageant.
Speaker 4: It might be a theater pageant this season.
Speaker 1: Okay, she took third place, and she really does look when she has a look of disgust on her face. She doesn't hide her facial like. She does not hide how she's feeling. She's really wearing her feelings on her face. And I'm not saying she's not a beautiful gale, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm a guy, that's I mean, I'm on team Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: Over here.
Speaker 2: He's having a good time, okay, but he's got his hands full while he's having a good time. So I have that story on the Looking at Girls blog page. I guess it's not trending. I just this is my blake Lively, that is it. So you're following that one. I'm kind of following this story.
Speaker 1: Okay. There's a lot back.
Speaker 3: And forth, and it wasn't it over the weekend when one of the reporters got scolded by University of North Carolina because he claimed that the university said she's not allowed around, and the university put out a statement saying, yes she is.
Speaker 1: We never said that, he too, brute. You're following as well if.
Speaker 2: You love stories about what a horrible person she is. I have an additional story if you wanted to. I mean, I may have found one that you haven't read yet. So again, you go for the pictures, you stay for the articles. The Looking at Girls blog page is doing quite well today with as as.
Speaker 1: I would like to call her Jordaan. My name is spelled I know, but have you heard a reporter say it yet? I don't need I'm a reporter. True, you're the wrong reporter for that story. For sure.
Speaker 2: Ghost tickets the host is playing August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. I'll take caller number ten seven one three.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Show on the.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Thank you, thank you, thank you for having us on.
Speaker 2: If you missed it, we did an extra round of risk It for the Biscuit. I'm still waiting for Chili to do some accounting. Is that game done? I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I'm gonna I'm gonna actively move forward, saying thank you to the Texas Hammers for helping us out and letting us.
Speaker 1: Play risk it for the Biscuit. It's been a great run. We've got an extra day out of it. Is it done? I'm not sure. I know. We got a bunch of tickets here though.
Speaker 2: We got really good tickets this week, and one of the great ones is Ghost.
Speaker 1: I've got a pair right now.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, who's this kristin your caller number ten? Got any plans?
Speaker 2: August sixteenth, Toyota Center. I'm gonna get your pair of tickets to go see Ghost.
Speaker 7: All right, awesome, thank you.
Speaker 2: You better go to church beforehand. It's a little satany. It's satany.
Speaker 1: I think I think.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of that imagery. You better go to church, like from now until the show?
Speaker 1: All right? All right? Christ did hang on by man?
Speaker 2: Most six picks are up cute kids.
Speaker 1: Sailor odd spelling for sailor, not odd spelling. But it's just not swear like a sailor. Correct, it's not s a I l O R like a sailor. Right. But we threw a y in there. Okay, you threw a y in there. People will ask me, like, you know, London honey spell that I didn't. I didn't weird spell it. I didn't monkey around with it at all. I didn't monkey around with that. Was it easy for you guys, you and the hubs to.
Speaker 10: Did it?
Speaker 1: It was not easy.
Speaker 3: Now he wanted another name that I was okay with, But then I was pretty set on naming her sailor, so I bought an expensive Neon sign with the name Sailor, and he couldn't go back on it.
Speaker 1: You had already purchased there, and then yep, that's how I got him. We have well played, Thank you, well played there. I was growing a baby.
Speaker 2: I was going to write it down and I was like, an name. Shame the kid. I thought it was a cool name.
Speaker 1: What was it? I don't know. It was so weird. Where eight year old birthday party.
Speaker 2: One of the neighbor's kids and they went to, uh, a sucker party. What's what's a sucker party where you make suckers? It was a candy making place who they made candy. Now you think, okay, cool, Like what you're gonna realize with these kids is that sucker is like mainlining sugar.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And these suckers are so dense and huge and they each made five.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, and they're huge. They're heavy, like.
Speaker 2: It would take it would take an hour and a half of just hardcore licking and working at it to maybe get down to the nub.
Speaker 1: These suckers are very very big. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought one was cool, Two was all right. Three yeah, I think I think London made four or five.
Speaker 3: And you can't throw them away because she put all of her hard work into that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna sleep out. So but the kid had this cool name, and I'm like, is that you? And I said, how do you say that? And he said it and I'm like, cool, nice to meet you. It's the first time I've ever met somebody with that name. I keep a running list for names like that, Rod. Do you know what the number one?
Speaker 2: So the Social Security Administration keeps track of this, and it's funny. It's not funny, it's funny. It's just like when I talk about I kind of go through with London all the time. There's a little instagram that's a closed circuit instagram of the class. You got to kind of sign off on it, and I go through it with London and she names all the kids. Every name is on this list. Do you know what the number one girl name is?
Speaker 1: No, Brittany Olivia Oh.
Speaker 2: Top five every year since two thousand and eight, Top five every year since two thousand and two. Emma in at number two, Amelia, Charlotte Mia.
Speaker 1: These are on brand, but every kid is named this.
Speaker 3: They're the Matthews, Ashley's and Nicoles of my generation.
Speaker 2: Twelve straight years Top five name number one this year is per boy or girl boy? Ian Liam close Liam?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Liam Ian? Those are I wonder if Ian's in there. Noah in it too. That's a cute name.
Speaker 2: Oliver Theodore James, Henry Matteo. I need my translator, Yeah, I need my Translator's matt Chili will tell you what Mateo is. That's Matthew. It's I think it's Spanish for Matthew.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: Alex says, your wife look at these lists when y'all are thinking about baby names.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he wanted Eli Manning or I'm sorry, he wanted to as a boy was Eli, and then we had to go with L because.
Speaker 1: It was a girl. Okay, but he actually wanted Eli mann That was like not he asked to adopt Eli Manning and she actually could he adopt me? She said, no, we're having our own. Yeah. One of the ones that we're thinking about is on the list.
Speaker 6: Not popularly mentioned there, but it's on like the top of all the popular ones.
Speaker 3: I always looked at the bottom. I was like, I don't really want a popular name. I don't want to be too weird, but a little bit.
Speaker 2: Weird now trend baby names that saw the biggest gains last year, and I think this is.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool truce for boys. And I don't know, is there some that you.
Speaker 2: Would maybe know this is it? You know, like the Mormon Housewives? Is it one of their husbands?
Speaker 1: No? I was thinking, is that a Kardashian But that it's true? Truce jumped? Truce eleven thousand spots?
Speaker 4: Is it from a movie?
Speaker 1: Maybe tonight? It's not.
Speaker 2: It's listen, it's not. I mean, it's still popular. It's a top one hundred name. It's nine hundred and ninety one, but it went up eleven thousand spots. There's got to be a truce out there somewhere, you know what I mean, like a superhero, A.
Speaker 6: Bunch of people talking about the Ukraine Russia thing and they're trying to get anything.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's obviously people into war talk Number one next year. Tariff. Oh you know what I hate both of you? Now you go by Riff the one thing I like Riff. Actually that sounds like it's from yellow Stone. Yeah, for Tariff.
Speaker 2: My college my college radio name we talked about. My college radio name was Riff Raff. Really Yeah, Now, I the reason I've been asked to do some of these things before, where you have to just read off a bunch of names.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. My brain will not put it together. I don't. I will go wrong on Tara and Tara.
Speaker 2: I will get it wrong every time, like it's a fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: It's not. That's not a new problem though, that's them problem.
Speaker 2: But Tara Tara, it's ninety ten with me. Whatever I go, direction I go, it's the wrong way. I go in to ra a I l A n Y. That was the biggest jump for girls Alani a Lani alani aiilani A.
Speaker 4: Isn't that a beverage? Is it energy? Drink?
Speaker 1: Alani? Yeah, it's a popular one. Is it Celsius? It was that it went from like nine hundred to one oh one.
Speaker 2: And again my question is where did that come up in pop culture?
Speaker 1: I think it's the drink that it made such a big drink. Really yeah, it made such a big jump, very popular with the ladies. Well, my name, my kid, five hour energy.
Speaker 2: I think you better switch immediately to neutral because I know that's.
Speaker 1: Who you're working with in UTRL. How did it go?
Speaker 6: You were out Saturday? Hold on Doug is awesome. I told you, I told you about breaking but it was awesome. There was a band that was playing there. It was called Alias and they rocked and they were playing a lot of Buzz best bands. It's like cover's good. It was really cool. See a bunch people out that.
Speaker 1: All right, so neutral for the new kid. It's in the running up for failure. All right.
Speaker 5: A rod Ryan show on the bus.
Speaker 2: By the Buzz that's Lincoln Park and up from the bottom. Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this no Monday. Welcome back for the weekend, every bundy and you still got your shot at one thousand dollars alternative income.
Speaker 1: We'll kick that off today.
Speaker 2: At nine ten Big Jeremy Benson heard of him, great dude. He'll do it at ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten, he'll go all the way. Teresa will continue it until five to ten, so ten after the hour, nine to five, there's a chance that one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We're doing it all week with alternative income. Good luck. That's where you get the word. Then you got to go enter it at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: We have sunny skies today, no rain pies of around eighty seven, it's been pretty quiet on the pope front. I think there's a lot of things that they got to do, maybe some clerical things, maybe some paperwork, because Pope, what else we need? Well, you think you'd be doing like a ton of Like when when a president takes over, he sits down at his desk and then here comes all these executive orders.
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, here's what we're doing differently while I'm here. But the Pope doesn't do that. Okay, like I thought.
Speaker 2: He talks to God, but first day it's like, okay, I'm from Chicago. No ketchup on hot dogs? Like I thought he would have done that on his first day. There is none of that.
Speaker 6: I think he can he can say it's a sin, it's a sin to put ketchup on a hot dog.
Speaker 1: It's it's still really it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's not lost on me, and I think a lot of people are still having fun with it, you know, our first American Pope. I mentioned this before. It seemed like the rest of the world is kind of catching up. Not only did we find out that the Pope was a White Sox fan, but I made this announcement in this declaration last week.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure we have the.
Speaker 2: First pope that, if ever, that has ever attended an Astros game. The rest of the world is finding that out now because now somebody released some footage. They had it on their phone and it's just them doing a video at a White Sox game and the Pope, the now Pope is in the video and he's just hanging out. He's hanging out just like a regular citizen.
Speaker 1: They went back and looked at their footage.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I think that guy was sitting in front of us when I was filming at the at the in five, somebody had this footage laying around. So here's what we have. We've got the video of a pope. I know most of us want to forget about that five Pstros, but still we were.
Speaker 1: It's the first time in the World Series. It was a big deal.
Speaker 2: I mean that we were stacked, man, that lineup of players and our pitching staff and everything.
Speaker 1: We just got got a clocks cleaned and O five they weren't cheating. That's probably what it was. Okay, Wow, So Pope Francis, he was at the he was at an Astros game. I've got that for you.
Speaker 2: I've got a Pope signed baseball that it's up at auction right now. If you're a collector, it's expected to get somewhere around fifteen thousand dollars. I'm gonna ask Alex keep an eye on this. It's going to go way over that.
Speaker 1: Okay. I feel like these expectations are set way low. Now.
Speaker 2: There's just some wing nut out there, some super fired up for Jesus rich guy that's gonna want a Pope signed baseball.
Speaker 1: If he buys it, he'll probably get to heaven.
Speaker 2: He also he also because apparently a collector in New York spent years trying to get hit this guy to sign a baseball, and somehow it happened. So now he's willing to part with it. He's been waiting for this guy to become Pope. Yeah, a guy got it signed years ago, Roberto. Because he doesn't say Pope Leo, then I don't think it's as valuable.
Speaker 1: It might say Father Bob. He liked going by Father Bob. Yeah, by Pope Bob. It will. I can tell you right now it will not be signed Pope Francis, but it's his signature. Let me see what else I have for you. Oh, and then Tops Tops came out with a Pope baseball card. Yeah season, so he's got a rookie card. It's gonna be very valuable.
Speaker 2: And then every place, every sandwich shop, every pizza joint. He does have a favorite pizza spot in Chicago, but they got a seat for him. They have the last table that he sat at, the last time he had eats in there. But every sandwich shop in Chicago, everyone's name in a park sandwich and everything up to them.
Speaker 1: So there's kind of like a Pope catch all.
Speaker 2: But if you want to see the footage of him at an Astros game, the baseball auction, there's a link and a link to buy the baseball card of the new Pope. Chili's got that all under one blog page of the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 12: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative all Day and The rod Ryan Morning Shown five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On this Monday, Welcome back to the week from the weekend. How about your mother's had a great Mother's Day. We got sunny's guys today, no rain, highs of around eighty seven all right, I got that, alex I got you right there, I got you right there. Boom?
Speaker 4: Is that how you like it?
Speaker 1: Boo boo? Goods? All right, here we go one final time Houston's headlines. Please thank you Rod.
Speaker 3: Good morning or waking up to news at the US and China have agreed on a ninety day pause on most of their reciprocal tariffs.
Speaker 4: This is an attempt to ease the.
Speaker 3: Current trade battle that has rocked the global economy. On today's agenda for the President, he announced yesterday that he will be signing an executive order to lower prescription drug prices by thirty to eighty percent. We are excited about that, but a similar order was blocked by courts in twenty twenty, so we're hoping they can figure it out this time. Huge news yesterday that Hamas says it will release the last living US hostage. Eden Alexander is a twenty one year old dual US Israeli citizen who is serving in the Israeli military, taken hostage back in October seventh of twenty twenty three, and the release is part of efforts to start a cease fire, open Gaza's borders and let in aid a wedding is making headlines because there were nine twenty five bridesmaids.
Speaker 1: I even looked at this, yet ninety five. There's a picture up on links and guest Chili said he put up a plug page for it. Are they all like wearing? Were they forced to go out.
Speaker 4: And buy a dress similar color they're in?
Speaker 1: Like a color palette?
Speaker 2: Make that many dresses in the same style for that many people.
Speaker 3: The bride claims she started with like seven or eight, but she runs a dance school, so decided to add all of her dancers as bridesmaids. And her husband was like, I don't want any part of that. He only had eight groomsmen. The entire wedding was two hundred and fifty people.
Speaker 1: So I'm not a mathematician, but over forty percent we're in the wedding. But like, she didn't really have any friends that we were gonna come to the wedding. She was like, that has to be my bridesmaids. And then she was like, what if I just had all them the bridesmaids presence?
Speaker 2: Well, what number starts ridiculous when it comes to a bridal party.
Speaker 3: What starts to get excessive? It's based on the space rod. Okay, so like if it looks cluttered, then it's too many?
Speaker 1: Okay, is there a number though? It's like ten? The last push I was nine, so I can I mean a ten is a lot?
Speaker 2: So ten is the last manageable number, and then eleven gets to be dumb too much like or yours was the cutoff.
Speaker 4: Mine was the cut I am the way of the world, you know, And I'm not even the world record.
Speaker 3: The world record for bridesmaids is one hundred and sixty eight and it was set by an American woman who got married in Florida.
Speaker 1: Shocking. Okay, they're just going for the record. Yeah. Can we talk about Bendy Irwin, please please?
Speaker 3: She was rushed to the hospital after appendix rupture. And why is this news? Well, she was in Vegas when it happened. Bindy, her hot brother and her mom. They were all the states for the annual Steve Irwin Gayla and Robert had to walk the red carpet by himself and said, she's going to be okay, But surgery was out of all the things we were ready for.
Speaker 1: Not one of the things we were ready for.
Speaker 3: You hate that you go to Vegas you want to have a good time, you don't expect to end up at the hospital.
Speaker 2: Have all the kids gotten into the family business? Are they all animal people?
Speaker 3: Are there more than two kids? I only know about the two. Yeah, and I think they're both involved. They're both yes, I mean.
Speaker 1: Rebecca Rebecca Loby.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the name Alex Rebecca Loby?
Speaker 1: I don't know. She was on TLC.
Speaker 10: She was.
Speaker 2: We were kind of pushing her for a while, Steve Irwin's hot niece, and she dropped off of the internet. We were posting pictures of her all the time.
Speaker 4: Was she in the family business?
Speaker 1: No, she was just hot and apparently at odds with her cousins. Oh, but you know she was running around. She was hot. She was the hot niece. She was properly sold that way.
Speaker 4: Do you need me to find her? I can find. I'm a sleuth.
Speaker 1: Find where Rebecca Loby is? Please write that down? Thank you. Hey, let's talk about Metallica.
Speaker 3: We know they're loud and their fans are officially loud because the band played a show in Virginia. It was actually at the Virginia Tech Hokies Football Stadium. This is last week, and the fans were so loud that their noise registered as a small earthquake that happens sometimes. It happened at a Garth Brooks show in Louisiana. We talked about this earlier. Yeah, my friend just was at that show.
Speaker 5: Really did it really?
Speaker 1: I mean did they Apparently it was during the song Baton Rouge that when Garth today they registered the seismic. It's a couple of football fans just have like a lot of extra energy and they're jumping, which I think happens to work with the graph. I don't know. I'm not a scientist. It's a good story for a rock band to be registered.
Speaker 3: Joe McCalls very loud, sixty thousand fans made it happen.
Speaker 1: Hey, those are Houston's headlines. All right, Pretty good weekend for the Astros. Yeah, they got to win yesterday.
Speaker 6: They shut out the Red six to nothing to take two of three from Cincinnati over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Tonight, they're going to open up a three game series with the Royals. The Royals, Ryan.
Speaker 6: Gusto is gonna be in the mountin for the Strollers, going up against Kansas City's Michael Waka. First pitches at seven to ten, you can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty KRH. And the NBA Playoffs, the Thunder got by the Nuggets ninety two to eighty seven, in the Pacers without the Caves one twenty nine to one nine, and then the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Stars beat the Jets five to two and the Panthers shut out the Maple Leafs to nothing.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports Houston.
Speaker 12: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show, sim.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Either and Remedy rod Ryan's Show Mill for Monday number one link. Today people are taking a look at the Looking at Girls blog page. But up there in the top three Moe's six picks from the weekend. Okay, we're just we're all fine. I mean I went to there and I learned things things that I didn't know. I mean, we're every day we're uncovering something new. I was surprised to see her here this morning. I didn't know she was coming back for a second week. So good to see you.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, Rod.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming in now. She's got a key card and everything. Alex, Well, we don't have to let her in.
Speaker 2: She just gets comes in what she wants. She was here before me, barely walked in. It was dark, still in here. I'm still not used. You scared me last week. Yeah, I opened up the elevator like Jesus Christ, who is this? And it was you standing in the elevator in the.
Speaker 1: Door so open. Most people have that reaction there.
Speaker 2: I don't normally see people when I'm coming in in the morning. And then I walked in today and you were at this dark silhouette was in here.
Speaker 1: You know where the lights are, right, I didn't know. We hadn't gone over that yet. Okay, they're right there, right where.
Speaker 2: Light switches that normally are when you walk in, Alex, you've been warned. You've been wanting what what happened? Ali says this thinks he thinks he's funny.
Speaker 1: Number one about it. Thinks he's a funny guy.
Speaker 2: And you know he's got Alex Online coming up where he'll come in with a different website. He's like, hey, I found this interesting. You guys maybe want to go and he'll use the premise of kill some time at work.
Speaker 1: I got this thing for you. This one's pretty good.
Speaker 2: If there's any sort of test that needs to be taken, let's just use for instance, Hey, I got a test today, and you're going to determine which ice cream flavor you are. You go and answer a bunch of questions and then boom, you come back and it's like you might be Neapolitan, you know what I mean, or something you know, whatever it is. I will go in and take the same test as you find out which zoo animal you are, find out which all great great tests.
Speaker 1: Find out which one you are. He'll send me the Lincoln.
Speaker 2: I want to play along with everybody, and it always comes back as to which friend's character I am. Now, I would like to play some of the other I would like to do some of the other tests that you guys do.
Speaker 1: I'm dying to know what ice.
Speaker 2: Cream flavor I am. Well, and then I take this thing and it comes back. Sometimes it's Monica, Sometimes it's Chandler Ler, sometimes it's Ross.
Speaker 1: It's really doesn't there's it.
Speaker 2: Makes no sense though. What I'm saying now is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You've been warned.
Speaker 2: Alex A company had to pay a woman forty thousand dollars a co A co worker compared a coworker compared her to Darth Vader. Here's how it went down. Yep, she just won a big settlement. Okay, here's the deal. Don't think I'm not coming at you. Lorna was working. She's a supervisor at a blood donation center. A handful of people on her team took an online personality test for fun.
Speaker 1: I didn't know these things were called Myers Briggs test. Your kid's names in there. I should know that. Did you know that? I know all Myers Briggs tests? So what it is? This one was a Star Wars theme, like you do the other ones. I stole my all honestly.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, you had a Myers Briggs test today? These things are on BuzzFeed all the time. Yeah, this one was supposed to tell you which Star Wars character you were. She's She was on the phone, wasn't around to take the test for herself, so one of her co workers went in answered the questions for her, then announced to everyone that Lorna had a Vader like personality. Okay, she came back as Darth Vader.
Speaker 1: She sued him. I guess she thought she was maybe more of a princess. Leah or maybe a C three po I'm out a lot of money. Now.
Speaker 2: The judge heard the case and basically ruled it was created in a hostile work environment. And the judge said, even the judge knew Darth Vader is a legendary villain of the Sarawas series, and this woman was now being aligned with his personality and it was insulting. Forty thousand dollars forty grand.
Speaker 1: Now, Alex likes the spin zone it if you really, if the judge read this thing, and I'm sure the judge looked at everything. When you look at this particular test, it said, being a Darth Vader meant you were very focused individual, you could bring teams together. And Lorna said, uh uh, it made her feel unpopular at work. She quit the next month, filed the lawsuit, and she won, which is something Darth Vader would do. So she won the money forty grand. I suggest you start sending me the proper I mean, I am you're just clicking the wrong land meers Briggs test. I would like to find out some of these other fun things that you do. I'd like to play along.
Speaker 6: Otherwise you're you're making me feel like this is a hostile worker to reach out to some judge right now.
Speaker 1: There could be consequences. This is a threat another hostile worker, and not.
Speaker 2: To scent the proper test you do you on your aols.
Speaker 1: I'd like to play along with everybody. I don't like being singled out as a friend's character for everything you do. Who deserves the money? All right, go get a thousand dollars, guys.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys had a great weekend. We have sunny skies today, no rain, high of eighty seven. Is it really starting? I know you've been talking about this in Houston's headlines. Is it really starting tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: When is that heat index of one o five? It's this wind though right Wednesday.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it starts to ramp up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, go outside today because it's the last time you're gonna be able to go outside until October.
Speaker 2: Get whatever it is you need to do outside. If you need to pick a weed, if you need to do anything outside. If you're gonna ride your bike, okay, because you're gonna put it up till October.
Speaker 1: Go outside today if.
Speaker 2: You can at some point and then that's it because outdoor activities are over starting tomorrow and likes you ready, yes.
Speaker 1: Online, it's Alex online.
Speaker 8: Nine.
Speaker 1: The muzz summer starts tomorrow, the heat Summer starts. Can you believe that?
Speaker 11: You believe?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: What do you got today?
Speaker 6: Today's aol is called road Tripper, and you're gonna be going on and online road trip. You're on Google Maps in a car and everyone else that is online on this website is voting which direction you go.
Speaker 1: It updates every ten second. It's all interactive with people, so you can vote do I want to go straight? Do you wanted to return right? You can also vote if you just want to honk. I've been voting honking and it's not one a lot. Does it show you how many people at any given time?
Speaker 6: And thirty five drivers are online real current way. You've traveled three hundred and eighty seven miles on this site since like midnight, so it's been traveling pretty well.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're in o gun Quit, Maine. Are you driving on the site. I'm voting, you're voting to drive. We're trying to head down Shore Road and o gun Quit, Maine. Right now, it is hurt, real road, real footage. Yeah, it's all I mean, it's it's just Google Maps.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's like real time, but it's the photos that they got it there. So you're gonna be just on a little road trip with your pals. You want to just kind of hang out. There's a chat too, you can chat with whether they're going. A lot of people are staying. They're trying to get to Quebec. I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to Quebec. You would probably love it.
Speaker 2: It is unbelievable the amount of time that people have. It's great that they have time to do this stuff.
Speaker 1: But that's a lot of people. A lot of people enter. Fifty nine drivers on that right now? Really yeah? And are they all directing one vehicle? It's one vehicle.
Speaker 6: So you vote, you have the arrows on which way to go, and then like ninety four percent of the people will say you go straight. Right now, fifty sixty seventy people are voting to go straight. Nine people are voting to go right. You can't really go anywhere if you go right?
Speaker 1: Can you vote? You turn?
Speaker 6: You have to like vote several different times upstay's every ten seconds so you could vote.
Speaker 1: Theoretically, to you turn you can't just vote in one time YouTube? Gotcha? Okay, go check it out.
Speaker 6: Go on a little virtual road trip today at the one Famous rod Ryan showpage at buzz dot com The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On the Buzz ninety four five the bus thinkybyss nice to know you.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan Show. Help you're up to an awesome start to your day.
Speaker 1: A bunch of you just saw for the first time, and it's been up all week. She at least had it up all week.
Speaker 2: There's information about Ditch Day, the date and the location that at least has been determined. It's on our Facebook page on the events page. We are actively I saw you added a bunch of names to the potential shot name list. Uh whe if I say, I saw you MO added some things on there. People are suggesting the name of the shot at ditch Day this year.
Speaker 1: What did you add to the list.
Speaker 3: The emails are coming in, Alex I need you to move No. The Flaming MO came in from Nicole.
Speaker 1: A lot of people sent in the flaming Mo to me.
Speaker 3: Too, give me some mo MO like more shot mo.
Speaker 4: Adam, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: One Truck or JT just emailed in and he said you should do a shot called the Plumber, which is what I call my husband, a little bit nasty one mo shot they're going with my name. How about double overtime? Is that one we should consider?
Speaker 1: You know? I had PTSD Why because double overtime is a reference to Chili and.
Speaker 2: Nobody winning that awful game of read my lips that went into double They wanted to go into triple overtime because nobody could get the words. It almost it almost ruined the game forever. Speaking of Chili, don't think for a second I forgot about you. I was definitely carving out time.
Speaker 1: Friday. Friday was a big day for Chili.
Speaker 2: If you remember when he was getting ready to leave the show, he was talking about he had never seen three.
Speaker 1: Eleven, Yes, and they were playing in town this weekend's Friday. You're so excited. Don't think I didn't leave time for a concert review. Bro Oh so it's the best review Listen. That's gotta be a good feeling. You've wanted to see this band.
Speaker 2: Forever, and you Friday night, boom, you finally got to get out there and go see three eleven.
Speaker 1: Howbout the show, Buddy Man? From what I heard, it was good. Hang on a second, Hang on a second Friday, Moe was here. Yes, he said, I'm going to see three eleven.
Speaker 2: I got I got tickets, and I said, don't go anywhere after work. I said, do not stop off, go straight home, do not pass go no, not go home. Yes, even if you want to take a little nappy pooh, that's great.
Speaker 1: Three eleven. You had never seen him? So how was the show?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: What had happened was?
Speaker 9: I made my weekly meeting that I have every day every Friday with my friend Drew.
Speaker 1: We went to OHO's Locals. No, noil derailments.
Speaker 5: Cro.
Speaker 1: You can't handle a local with Drew. You can't handle Drew on a Friday. No, they can't handle us on a Friday. That's kind of it is okay, But what happened? But Drew is the last thing you do on those days? Yeah, I just go.
Speaker 9: But we left like we left out of there like around one forty five.
Speaker 1: See what your time to nap and then go to the concert. How was it?
Speaker 9: I went home, I took my nap, woke up in time to start getting ready, and you know, when I looked at the clock and I was like, man, so I really want to get out of bed in the shower and then.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you've never seen three eleven deal with a traffee? Yeah? Yeah, yea, yeah, I was a show.
Speaker 9: So I called my brother Mauricio, and I say, hey, bro, I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Hear the tickets to go and have a good show.
Speaker 2: If now, if you don't know Mauricio fame, uh, Mauricio was the last one to do six.
Speaker 1: Picks before moh yes, because Chili just didn't do it. Chili just just chose day some great.
Speaker 2: Pictures check out for the weekend and said, okay, it was six picks a weekend.
Speaker 1: Dude, you had plans on the books, yeah, dide.
Speaker 9: I came in today and I realized that my old ass doesn't need to be making plans anything that's past two pm. I don't need to be making plans for anymore.
Speaker 1: What if you never see three eleven again?
Speaker 9: You know, I've been living with that for Selena. I was at the Rodeo for her last concert.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was there, And then I was like, ooh, I was at the carnival, just being a horn dog chasing tail.
Speaker 1: Wait a minitute, what night was that on? It wasn't a Sunday, it was on a you went out on a Sunday night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well this was when I was like, what sixteen seventeen at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were a whipper snapper. I was a stallion bro. I was ready, Guatemala stallion boy.
Speaker 1: I was ready. And then it was the last.
Speaker 2: Time he went out on the evening. It was Selena's last performance ever. It was the last time Chili was out past eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: You know me chissing tail.
Speaker 9: I said, oh, I thought the concerts started like a night and they were like, no, the concert's going on right now.
Speaker 1: You're missing Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then I was like, well, she'll come back next year, so I'll catch your next suit.
Speaker 1: And then wait a minute.
Speaker 9: You never went in, never went in, I sayed in the carnival chasing tail, story of my life, and I got to miss Salina Bro.
Speaker 1: So your three to eleven contr review is I was chasing she right, chasing sheep by sleep and you woke up in time. But you just said I'm not going anything.
Speaker 9: You know, lately, it's been one of those things to where Okay, it's just I don't I don't have it in me.
Speaker 1: This old dog man, this old dog is just I'm disappointed, But I like that you still give yourself a chance. You still say there's a chance of going to that thing tonight.
Speaker 9: But I really wanted to go do for real, for real, I did want to go because.
Speaker 1: He really wanted it.
Speaker 9: He wanted to go it really really wanted This is one of my favorite covers that they did right here that so I'm playing it like Amber.
Speaker 1: That song Amber was the ring tone that I had for my mom. You know what it really set beautiful se So you know what to set up this better is if you told me how great it was live. I'm pretty sure to hear those songs. But you love so much? Can we get Mauricio on for a concert review? He hates me right now? Did he take pictures for you? Dude? He's mad at me.
Speaker 9: He was supposed to go to like a first comedian dinner and he canceled it.
Speaker 2: For me because the last ten things you guys were supposed to do together you canceled on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, thank bro.
Speaker 9: Anytime you need me, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Cool three eleven story, bro old dog, you don't have it anymore? Cut it out. He hasn't had it since when what's the Selenic concert? It was the last time you had it, like nineteen ninety five, the nineties. He hasn't had it since the nineties.
Speaker 8: Alex The rod Ryan Show, Mornings on ninety four, five.
Speaker 2: The Bus, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Green Day's American Idiot, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show on this Milk Monday, number one. Link mode was very active this weekend. You chose to do things like you chose to get out of bed and do a few things.
Speaker 1: And be involved.
Speaker 4: We are never home and other things.
Speaker 1: You were very busy this weekend. What was Mother's Day weekend? It was and you got mother in.
Speaker 2: Law here in town, so there was some time spent over there. And then you were busy, you know, opening up presents. You know you had big weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot of good stuff to share, not a lot of sleeping. Can go check out see your husband's slaving over a hot blackstone, my maya, can you make me? Sunday eight? He was making your burgers.
Speaker 4: He did burgers.
Speaker 3: He did breakfast one day on thee because it's our last weekend outside.
Speaker 4: As you've warned us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be hot. It's going to be hot. I gotta step it up. I haven't I did.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a Blackstone, I didn't get a flat top, and then I just found out I'm not using it as much.
Speaker 1: I gotta go and get out there and get after it.
Speaker 2: It is awesome. Yeah, I really enjoy cooking. It reminds me of my cooking days when I was at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: We cooked on a flat top like that. It was fun. Fun. Well, most six picks you can go check those out on the world famous Rob Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. I saw this and it says elite athletes are doing something and it's called deloading, and I thought, maybe this is what Chili was doing, because it seems to be he's deloading tickets every weekend and choosing not to go, and Mauricio is going with another friend.
Speaker 2: Apparently, all these different things a similar situation to the three eleven Sitch. Didn't he just bug out on Maurso on a Astros game?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Right, excuse me, Twin, but it was asleep way to have your back deloading.
Speaker 1: I think he's deloading these tickets loading.
Speaker 2: You want to be friends with Chili because you're going to think you're going to a show and he's like, you know what, go ahead and call somebody and go No, that's not what deloading is. Elite athletes are using this trick called deloading to fight fatigue and keep up their training, and you can use it for your habits as well. So what people are using this and this has given you, you're resting up. You're easing up on your routine to rest and recharge, but you're not stopping altogether. So it's it's used by elite athletes for a week at a time. And let's just say maybe you are somebody that works out every day, or you are a painter and you're painting like a mad person every day. You're still doing it, but you're lightning your load for a week, not quitting for the week.
Speaker 1: But you're deloading.
Speaker 2: And this is where the elite athletes they elite lighter workouts.
Speaker 1: If you run every day, take a deload week, maybe just go for walks. And I think Chili might be just deloading from the you know the stresses of his everyday life. Elite athletes. When you're an elite, you know what I mean, you do some you try some lighter activities walking instead of running.
Speaker 2: And dloads can be planned every few weeks, not every weekend, but every few weeks or so. But this is something that elite athletes are doing.
Speaker 9: I'm on my second month of I'm on my second month of delete uh, deloading from now going to the gym.
Speaker 1: It is it's a it's a one week thing, and you don't quit altogether. You just you just it's it's it's a lighter load of what you're deloading. You're not quitting. Nobody said anything about quitting. Well, I'm not deloading. Man like, hey, you don't go whatever you want to go back bro, Nope.
Speaker 2: This helps you stick with your habits, like exercising or eating healthy.
Speaker 1: I'm eating. It's just it's it's a way, it's a it's a little it's a little trick that elite athletes use so that they don't get burned out. I'm like, but it's not. Nowhere in here does it say to stop your routine.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm elite, like elite athlete. Bro, I look it up, look up his body competitive eating elite.
Speaker 1: What are you not doing this weekend? Or is it too early? I'm not making.
Speaker 9: Plans anymore, Bro, I'm just gonna go and take it as it comes. You know. If I'm if, I'm like, you know what, It's three pm. I think I'm gonna have another beer and then I'll do it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, okay, I'm through trying to figure out. I'm trying to dissect and like, where did it go wrong? He went home in time, he left his buddy, He went home, he woke up. I'm just lazy, Bro.
Speaker 2: He woke up just in time to tell me to disappoint Mauricio again. I'm just lazy for a third weekend in a row. Let me be lazy, Bro, we be what what are we giving away?
Speaker 1: I know the show? Know the show.
Speaker 3: We got a pair of tickets to see The Offspring Worldwide Tour twenty five tour.
Speaker 4: With Jimmy World and New Found Glory. Wow, this is a big show. August twenty third, the Woodlands.
Speaker 3: Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com or you can win them if you've been listening all.
Speaker 2: Right, Mo, the show is coming up after this Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative Fever. Us to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Boss, Welcome back rod Ryan Show, before we are done with you today on this Monday.
Speaker 1: Time for the show. I got offspring tickets Jimmy World Newfound Glory opening up August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion outside of Buzzfest. This is the show the summer Alex. I think so it's huge. It is a good one. It is a good one.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of Alex, I think your question is alex centric.
Speaker 1: It is okay, the.
Speaker 4: Question what is it?
Speaker 1: What if Alex's dad cook for Mother's Day dinner?
Speaker 2: She quizzed me in the break and I got it right good, So I'm just sure Tony.
Speaker 1: I pay attention when you leftovers? I want to be did you bring some in?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: It's not llowed to share with that anything? Okay? Call Mark that name?
Speaker 11: Mark?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: What did mister Middleton, not Alex uh make for Mother's Day? I look shared that with us seven one three, two, one two five nine four five show What's up?
Speaker 8: Smartphones, laptops, smart TV's tablets, You.
Speaker 1: Whatever way you listen, we're there.
Speaker 2: Say tell your smart device to blame ninety four five the buzz on iHeartRadio, mister b ninety four or five the buzz, don't table pilot's creepy. That's gonna musically cup us off for today. Thank you so much for spending some time with us this morning.
Speaker 1: It's always greatly appreciated. And then if you went to the next level and you checked out, maybe to some of the things we had on links and guests, maybe you were calling to try to get then on something. Maybe you checked out our social media.
Speaker 2: I didn't even say hi to everybody on Facebook that have been watching us all morning long or on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Hello, everybody. All that stuff is available at rod Ryan's show. I know some stuff was put up on Instagram and Instagram stories. All that stuff at rod Ryan Show. I'm very needy.
Speaker 2: I would appreciate a follow and subscribing and liking and comments.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I just have so much. It's time for MO the show. Good morning, who's this? Good morning? On the phone? Hi? Maybe try that HI? Can you hear me now?
Speaker 5: I can Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your name's MO? What's your long name?
Speaker 5: Monique?
Speaker 1: Monique?
Speaker 11: Hot.
Speaker 1: I got Monique on the phone.
Speaker 17: Here.
Speaker 1: I'm Monica, this Mo this Mo here.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we were bonding, Monique.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it, she said, she mows the show.
Speaker 4: The question what did Alex's dad cook for Mother's Day dinner?
Speaker 1: Do you know the answer? I'll be impressed, chagny dumplings. Yes, girl, Nail, you've heard it and you haven't stopped thinking about it since you said it right?
Speaker 4: Absolutely same.
Speaker 1: I'm starving. I heard it starting forgot about it and it was amazed at myself that I recalled it. Yeah, she asked me. She's like, I was thinking of using this as the question, and I did come.
Speaker 10: Up with it.
Speaker 1: So me, MO and MO all have been thinking about your dad's chicken and dumplings. Oh Dad, I've been thinking about your death. What are you giving the other?
Speaker 10: Mo here?
Speaker 4: Congratulations?
Speaker 3: This is a huge price. I've got a pair of tickets for you to see The Offspring on their super.
Speaker 1: Charge yet twenty five tour Jimmy World Newfound Glory.
Speaker 3: It's August twenty third in the Woodlands. Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com. But you don't have to hear about that money, because you're going to the show, sister, Oh thank you, no, thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: It's a little it's a little sus that a mo got through on modis show.
Speaker 3: Everything I do, y'all think Alex last week, excuse me of cheating on read my leg.
Speaker 1: Get used to that. Still cheating. It was getting Monique on the show considering that this mo here didn't touch the phones. You're off the hook on that one. All right, Monique, hang on for me and we'll set up with those offering tickets. She sound happy about those, and she should be. I think that's gonna be such a great, great show. Abby is back. Abby is our fresh out of bed head to head winner. She won today.
Speaker 2: She was in the Tournament of Champions, so she she has strung together five wins before she knows what it's like. She wants to get back in that tournament and show the boys how it's done. So Abby going for wind number two on Wednesday. We're what we're, we're we're We're not gonna be here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be I know, it's a weird day that we're gonna be missing. We'll be back on Wednesday. Abby's gonna be on with us on Wednesday. So make sure Abbie knows that Chile.
Speaker 10: Please.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we told her that, Oh, we go to Ojo's today, Chilly.
Speaker 2: Did anybody tell hell we won't bear to mouse? So he's like not trying to get him figure it out. It was when we're not letting him in.
Speaker 1: It was Julian was on risk It for the Biscuit. Yes, one, seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to here's to less than the blow that we're not here tomorrow. Okay, how about we play Risky for the Biscuit again on Wednesday at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: We'll be back.
Speaker 2: It's taking away from my money. Texas Texas Hammer said go with it, go with it.
Speaker 1: He likes it.
Speaker 10: He said, go with it.
Speaker 1: Extra innings.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play risk It for the Biscuit on Wednesday at seven twenty.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: But thank you to the Texas Hammers. It's been so much fun. And these extra innings on Risky for the Biscuit. Another seven hundred dollars out the door.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're back on Wednesday morning. We'll pick it up with everything that we did. We'll do a better job. Jeremy's up next NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Your number one blog today was Milk Monday number two with six picks with mo.
Speaker 1: Thank you. A lot of eyes on those pictures this morning, so make sure if you're like the one person that didn't go check those out yet, make sure you go have a look. Guys, have an awesome, awesome Monday. We'll be back and we'll all enjoy the heat wave together. It's gonna get hot around these parts.
Speaker 5: A m F.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.