Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: First talk back up the day, by the way, Happy Monday. I hope you had a good weekend, Graham. I want to see your weekend went.
Speaker 3: But first the first talk back, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning Java, it's your boy Kevin. Just want to say happy Monday. Let's go Niners, just giants, suck your Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Let's go have a great day. What do you say about my.
Speaker 5: Team's He said, your man's Atlanta team. They hafing suck. Yeah, and you know what, they're right, guess what.
Speaker 1: You suck? Most of the giants though they are. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I can't say anything really to what he said because it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of five today.
Speaker 5: That isn't that the time we're gonna We're gonna unhald the bell?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's kidding.
Speaker 2: You guys have a lager in mind.
Speaker 1: You're making it versus Graham. I've got the wager.
Speaker 5: All I need is sign off from sweet Jass about their sweet New York Giants.
Speaker 1: The pride is the Lina's.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I'm sweating already. You probably should be. It's great you're going up again. So Graham, how was the weekend?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: My voice Graham how's the weekend?
Speaker 1: It was good?
Speaker 5: Uh, you guys, we caught two mice at the new house. I've been yeah, I saw the video. I've been noticing, you know, I've been noticing, you know, some mouse poops around and stuff. My god, I gotta do something about this. And so I don't know if you've ever I get served a lot of different Instagram content to you guys, so you probably haven't, but I got served one time this Instagram video of this mouse trap and you put it on top of a five gallon bucket and there's like a little ramp that goes up to it, and then there's like a trapdoor up there.
Speaker 2: Oh I've seen that, and they just fall in.
Speaker 5: There and like just mouse after mouse after mouse. In this video, it's got like a night vision video, and they just keep falling in and this they're just catching a bucket full of mice.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I need that thing.
Speaker 2: It's so gross, and.
Speaker 5: So I google it. Of course you can buy it on Amazon again. I got a two pac for like fifteen bucks.
Speaker 1: Perfect. I'm gonna set up two of these things.
Speaker 3: In there that's attracting the mice.
Speaker 1: He's put a.
Speaker 5: Little peanut butter, so on top of the bucket lid where the trap door is. There's almost like a little house looking thing, and he put some peanut butter up on the roof of the inside of that and when they walk in there, try to get that trap door and they fall right into the bucket. Now, I don't know, something, call me soft. Most people are like, I just used that trap and snap their neck and they dive.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just get as I've gotten older, I get weirder about killing creatures.
Speaker 2: It's just not for me, except for snakes.
Speaker 1: Snakes, even snakes.
Speaker 2: If you got a snake at your house, you would.
Speaker 5: Take it up and would try to send him on his way. If it's a rattlesnake, though, and it's me or the rattlesnake. Sorry, yeah, shovel anyway.
Speaker 2: By the way, Graham used to do that.
Speaker 5: To protect the safety of my own family, So sorry, Selena.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just giving them some contexts, like he actually has done that.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 5: Selena's family used to lock their dog outside in a hundred degree heat so it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get the hot and Selena, okay.
Speaker 5: Anyways, so yeah, okay, whatever animal whatever anyway, and some people know. Some people take this bucket trap and they put water in it, and then the mice ground in there. I'm again, I'm notf for that. So it's an empty bucket. I set it up. I put one in the garage at the house that we building. I put one in another closet where I'd seen some mouse poofs in the house.
Speaker 1: And you put some.
Speaker 5: Little peanut butter up this little it's like a little staircase that goes up to the top.
Speaker 1: Of the bucket.
Speaker 5: I put some little peanut butter up that, and then you put some under the little house thing. And the next day I come back one the one that was in the house had nothing in it. I'm like, okay, maybe that's a good sign. But the one that was in the garage, boom, two mice are in there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: They're the cutest little things you guys have ever seen. They're these little tiny guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's so many. Still kill them.
Speaker 1: And I did not kill them.
Speaker 5: I gave them to my children and I said, pet I said, you have a very They asked about that.
Speaker 1: Can weep them? I'm like, no, wrong, creatures, we.
Speaker 5: Don't need them. I said, they have this little power wheels jeep out there. I said, you take this bucket, keep the little and you drive it as far away as you can get.
Speaker 1: Just go.
Speaker 5: And so they go out the back of the property and there's a dirt road and they go way way down. I was like, you just keep going, go farther than you think, because I don't need these little guys fighting their way back. And then when you get there, open the bucket, lay it outside, let them out, and they did. The kids loved having a little job to help take care. And so we sent these things far, far.
Speaker 1: Far away.
Speaker 5: Hopefully they find somebody else's house, not mine. And I set the traps up again the next night and nothing. So I'm hoping those were the two, my two culprits job.
Speaker 1: There's probably more in this house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although it sounds disgusting. When you go to like the pet store and you see like the little mice, they are kind of cute, they're super cute.
Speaker 5: And the bucket, you guys, I mean, they don't have been there one night. How do they poop so much? Just poop everywhere in there?
Speaker 2: They were scared.
Speaker 1: Do you have how did this poop?
Speaker 2: You would if you were trapped in a book. How did you know that it was mice? Pooh and not?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Does it look different than a rats?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: How are you able to identify it was a mouse?
Speaker 5: It's size Selena size. Rats are bigger, they take bigger poops. Mice they take little aty bitty ones.
Speaker 2: Oh even their poops are cute.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they're cute until they're all over your house.
Speaker 1: They're chewing up all your stuff.
Speaker 6: You should have saved them for Selena. She said she wanted a new hamster.
Speaker 2: Same thing. I didn't say that, as in my daughter wanted a hamster.
Speaker 5: I set the traps up again last night. I'll let you know if I catch I'll bring some in from Youstagram. The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nine, Graham, I know you want to talk about people upset with gen Z something you that they're doing. I think it would bother I think it would kind of annoy me.
Speaker 1: It's a new trend.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: Before we get to that, Jess, you tried to swim. I did promise you. By the way, thank you.
Speaker 6: I finally got some time to spend in the pool. You know, awesomer long, I haven't really been in one release, so you kind of have to before this is over. So I go to the pool that's like by where my boyfriend lives, and I was like, you know what, I'm really going to give this a try, like help me out. I'm gonna try to swim a little bit. The amount of water that I got in my nose, you guys, is insane because I.
Speaker 2: Just can't I did you know that.
Speaker 5: I know, I.
Speaker 6: Know that, but it's I just panic as as soon as I can't touch the floor.
Speaker 2: It's just okay. But look, Graham, go to jad Morning show. That's our Instagram. Check out our photos from home. Jess, did you drown?
Speaker 6: I did not picture, but you look like it looks concerning very much. So you're like entirely underwater with me trying to get one of those esthetic aesthetic pictures that people take when they look so graceful in the water.
Speaker 2: It did not work. I failed miserable. You were so were you trying to float? Here? I was trying to float the black kid?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 6: Because I, oh my god, how you have to do it there?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, it's that bad.
Speaker 6: Like I get mad at myself for not trusting myself in the water, but I.
Speaker 2: Just I can't do it.
Speaker 1: You gotta take a deep breath before you try to fly and feta.
Speaker 2: I like zoned in the little side.
Speaker 1: I did too, Yeah, three and a half feet If this is a baby pool, That's.
Speaker 6: Why I don't think that learning is really in the carts for me. I think I'm just gonna have to just never go.
Speaker 2: Check out home, check out Jess's picture. Please, Babe Morning Show, and you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get you some floating little floating wings.
Speaker 5: Or something maybe that don't try. Would you ever consider taking an actual swim lesson?
Speaker 1: I would mean.
Speaker 5: Everyone in that class would be four years old, But yeah, you can take my kids.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sign them up at the wim.
Speaker 6: I think I'm just a little embarrassed that the instructor would just give up on me or charge me more for all the time spent.
Speaker 2: I mean, you might not level up, but judge you that or judge me.
Speaker 6: But then again, I mean everybody can already judge me.
Speaker 1: Valuable skills.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 5: Okay, So there is a new gen z trend that is taking over TikTok and Instagram and every other place and it's airport tray aesthetic.
Speaker 1: You guys familiar with this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just hurt about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was the thing.
Speaker 5: But apparently staging the items that you are going to put in that tray before you go through airport security and then taking a picture of them and posting them. That is the thing we talked before about. People were staging the inside of the refrigerators and then taking a picture of that. We even showcased our own refrigerators. They were horrifying. But now people taking their sunglasses and their wallet and their shoes and whatever else they may have to put in that tray and then like staging it all super cute and then taking a picture and posting it.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile people buying the line are like, can.
Speaker 5: You just move through through TSA is miserable already, And now I'm behind somebody that's doing a photo shoot for their stuff they're putting in the tray. Ladies, you guys love stupid stuff like this. Would you ever take the time to stage your airport security tray with your things and then post it? Because I'd rather raw dog in eight hour flight than do this.
Speaker 6: WHOA, No, I would not do this as cute as the pictures look, No, because I'm scared of TSA like security. They just are so mean sometimes and I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to get yelled at.
Speaker 1: Now what some people are doing.
Speaker 5: And even a woman who's apparently has a lot of experience posting these pictures, I don't know she's an expert or whatever.
Speaker 1: She says. What you do is you go through security first.
Speaker 5: Then you go to that area where you know you got to put your shoes on, stuff like that, take your tray over there, and then stage it up so that way you're not holding up the line. No.
Speaker 2: If I ever seen somebody take a picture and upload it to like lasting gram, not virtually you think about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because there are apparently there are brands that are even getting on this because you can have, you know, a certain brand of sunglasses in their shoes or whatever, and brands are getting involved in this, and these posts are they're going.
Speaker 2: Viral as a marketing tactic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, go ahead as like a regular person that I'm like holding up the line or yeah I know that does.
Speaker 1: Who cares what you're bringing on your trip? I don't care, you know what.
Speaker 6: I also saw that the people that didn't want to do that at the actual airport, were ordering airport trays.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 1: That just makes me so mad.
Speaker 5: It's a liberal piece of plastic junk that's gonna live in a landfill for all eternity. Just so I can take one stage out here, one picture and post it and nobody cares. Nobody, nobody looking at us like, oh my god. They also one other piece of cautionary a cautionary note to add to this is those airport trays. They're disgusting in the inside. Everybody's shoes and all this stuff have been in there. So just keep that in mind as you're staging up your belongings in there, that you might as well be staging them on the floor of the airport bathroom.
Speaker 2: That's so disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are we doing? The JV show on Wild ninety four nine?
Speaker 2: All right, so some new numbers are out. You guys curious to know how much money only fans made last year?
Speaker 1: Sure, so, in.
Speaker 2: Total they made six point sixty three billion dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a grosser net.
Speaker 2: That's what's the difference.
Speaker 5: Gross grosses, like your total sales net is what you actually take home after that, Because they may have a ton of transactions on the platform. Then they have to pay all the creators what's left in their pocket.
Speaker 2: This is gross gross numbers. Yep, yep, yep, got it. It says that that is record profit for them. The number of creators has increased, Basically, all the numbers have gone up. The number of creators has increased twenty nine percent. They have four point one two million in creators over filling creators on there. Let's see here. They also have the number of users, which is also up, three hundred and five million people on their watching contract.
Speaker 1: That's basically the whole population closing on that number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then it's obviously only going to go up from there. It's insane, Yeah, doesn't it. I feel like it happens so fast. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It strikes me as just a little bit odd that in very tough financial times which we are in, the price of everything is up and nobody's salaries have gone up to match that price increase in consumer goods. Yet we're willing to shell out money each month to subscribe to our favorite adult content creator.
Speaker 1: Like, make that make sense to me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, shouldn't we be prioritizing?
Speaker 2: I think that is priorities for a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of like for us, it's Netflix, it's Hulu.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get rid of those.
Speaker 6: These people won't get rid of their only fans right account.
Speaker 5: But to me, it's a To me, it's a luxury expenditure because the content. There's plenty of content that's free out there, that's on the Internet. You don't have to you don't have to pay to get adult content. So that's just one of those things. To me, it's like when you start, you know, slashing your you know, maybe slashing the budget. Wouldn't that be one of the first things you slash.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's because sometimes they can get like personalized content. They're able to message with these creators. They tip them and they get a special video or they want to see that horrific person yeah or something or something like that. We know loneliness is an epidemic. Maybe this helps them feel less lonely, like they're.
Speaker 5: Really I get it. I'm just I'm just posing the question. I find it. I find it odd with something, you know, you can.
Speaker 1: Save some money.
Speaker 5: People, you know, you don't need to have a monthly subscription here about Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Do you grand what else do you have?
Speaker 5: Here all right, I want to talk about this Japanese bodybuilder. What he's doing. He's forty years old. What he's doing is pretty remarkable to me because he says it took him seven years to train, not for a bodybuilding competition, took him seven years to train his body to only need thirty minutes of sleep a night. She has been now sleeping only no more than a half an hour every single night for the last fifteen years. He only sleeps a half hour. He said, I just.
Speaker 1: Needed more time in the day.
Speaker 5: He's he's married, he's got a kid, he's got a job, he trains for bodybuilding. He said, I needed more hours, and the only way to get them more hours was eliminating sleep.
Speaker 1: And he said, you can do it. He says, not for everybody.
Speaker 5: It's difficult to train your body and your brain to be able to adapt to this, but he says it is totally doable. This is obviously contrary to what sleep experts and dodgers are telling you that you need seven to nine hours of sleep for a healthy brain and body. He's saying, no, no, no, you can do it, and you only need thirty minutes of sleep a night. If this worked you guys, and it was not bad for your health? Would you do it?
Speaker 1: Think of all the extra stuff you could get done? No, think of all that time you're wasting just sleeping. Yeah, I do be doing stuff.
Speaker 2: I do think about that sometimes because we waste so much time sleeping that sometimes things during the day don't get done. You know, there's just not enough time in the day.
Speaker 1: You've probably not enough hours.
Speaker 2: Say that before. Yeah, I think this is something I would consider. But does that mean like you're tired? Feeling goes away as well? Let's just say I can't function on like being tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to walk around feeling like a zombie O day.
Speaker 5: Let's just say he because he says he operates at a high, high level, and he says he gets done in one day more than what it takes most your average person to get done in the entire week. He can do it in one day because he's only sleeping that thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Then I think cool. But I don't fully believe that he's doing this. I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: Doing it for I don't think.
Speaker 6: I also don't think it's possible. My naps can't even be thirty minutes long. I have to do, like at least an hour must be nice.
Speaker 5: I saw a picture at least three No, a bodybuilds are very impressive. Muscle, muscle, physique and tone. He looked really good. The bags under his eyes, you got the bags were bagging. The dude looks very dude looked very tired, incredible shape.
Speaker 1: Though. I don't know. I mean I think we won't.
Speaker 5: I think it's crossed everybody's mind. Yeah, there's not enough hours in the day.
Speaker 9: Okay, what if but the rest.
Speaker 5: Of your family, everyone else is gonna be asleep. What are you going to be doing at two am?
Speaker 2: Doing the things you're gonna be getting done?
Speaker 5: Right then you're gonna be sitting there twiddling your thumbs because you're not gonna have anyone to hang out else. You're not gonna have anybody. No, No, there's not gonna be anybody doing anything that. It's gonna be a solo. I just think you'd get bored, Like.
Speaker 2: Out of your subscription.
Speaker 5: There's just nothing to do every single day for six hours every night, that's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: No, your skin would fall off, rub it right off. The hottest thing.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today.
Speaker 2: So Ben Affleck skipped out on his own movie premiere, and they're saying it's because he didn't want to have a run in, an awkward run in with Jennifer Lopez. So while they were together, they worked on this movie together. It's called Unstoppable. Ben produced the thing like his entire Heast Production company produced the entire film. It's starring Jennifer Lopez, and they had their premiere at a film festival in Toronto over the weekend. Jala was there walking the red carpet taking pictures. Ben was nowhere to be seen, although he's the brains behind the movie, so it was a little bit odd. But apparently he decided to stay in la and he was hanging out with his kids, according to some photos. Sure, that was pretty interesting that he doesn't ever.
Speaker 1: Want to hang out his kids any other time.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I think, I'll see my family.
Speaker 1: I see them. What are their names? Again?
Speaker 2: Uh, he doesn't even remember, That's what I met. What was kind of interesting to see was Matt Damon, who is Ben Affleck's bestie. He was there for the premiere, and there are pictures of him and Jalo having like a heart to heart, like sitting down together. They're like holding hands, clearly talking about something very serious.
Speaker 5: That's when you go and you you got to offer you kind of your condolences and you tell yeah, I mean you ever had a conversation like that with a like an X with an excess with your friend's ex.
Speaker 2: No, no, oh, once they break up, we just cut them off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, but you give them the you know, it's sort of like the hey, sorry, things didn't work out.
Speaker 2: That's that's never happened to me. I can see that working like happening for mature people. Yeah, yeah, I've never been in that situation. Tom Brady made his broadcast debut. He's now a commentator for Fox Sports. Gram. Did you catch any of Tom?
Speaker 1: I didn't, but I heard it stunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in case he missed it, he was.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: He made his debut for the Cowboys Browns game alongside Kevin Burkhard.
Speaker 3: He's just a clip of him talking about Dak Prescott.
Speaker 2: Dak signed the largest contract in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 1: Now he's got to go out there and earn it. And twenty twenty three was his best season. He's coming off of that.
Speaker 2: But going forward, it's going to be what happens in the postseason, how he seem to desert.
Speaker 1: But today his challenge, it's going to be Miles Jarrett.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: So that was one of the better clips of Tom Brady, although even there it sounds like he's reading every single word, and I honestly think he was because he kept looking at the camera and then looking back. You know, you can tell when somebody is reading a script word for word, even though I'm sure some of the other guys do the same, but they they played off really well. Tom, He's not there yet. A lot of mixed reaction on social media, saying that he seemed really, really nervous, that his cadence and delivery just it just wasn't there. It was a bit choppy. There was times where there was some dead air where there should have been like commentary happening, but he was just kind of stuck and it was just a little awkward.
Speaker 5: I just think, I mean, the biggest takeaway is it's the first time he's ever done it. Yeah, Like you can't expect somebody the first time the Mike Cracks on who's commentating a game, which is not an easy thing to do to be good. And Tom Brady, you know, like he's the goats. We expect him to be like the best at everything.
Speaker 2: You're not going to be the best the first time.
Speaker 5: The greatest commentators that are we consider the goats in the broadcast field. They didn't sound like the goat their first time. They just didn't.
Speaker 6: Do you think that that's why maybe people are frustrated the fact that he was able to just get this gig just because of who he is, versus giving somebody who has been, you know, has made their career broadcasting.
Speaker 2: But is that how isn't that how it works that you hit the pros that have retired. That's throwing you in the movie.
Speaker 1: There's always been a price.
Speaker 5: They've always prioritized putting former players and Hall of famers and stuff when they can get them on broadcast teams. So like that's nothing, nothing new. I mean, it is a bit surprised. The deal that he signed was massive. It was like three hundred million dollars or something, right, And I think he's going to be doing the commentating on the Super Bowl. If I'm not mistaken, so like they're really given it. They're gonna get him some marquee stuff.
Speaker 1: He'll have time.
Speaker 5: They say, he's been working at it really really hard. And if he approaches commentating like he did his playing career, like he'll be just fine. I mean, my the one thing that I think is not coachable or teachable is his voice.
Speaker 1: Like, to me, he didn't have.
Speaker 5: That broadcaster voice, right, It's kind of annoying. He's kind of annoying sounding. That's the one thing that's the one thing in my mind that goes against him.
Speaker 1: He just doesn't.
Speaker 5: It's just a sound. It's a sound thing for me. Yeah, But he'll be just fine out it. He's gonna end up being good.
Speaker 2: I think he'll get really really good at it, hopefully by the time the Super Bowl happens. But he's got some time. Graham, what do you have in trending?
Speaker 5: All right? Well, I do want to talk about the Niner game. We're gonna do that later because the Niner game is tonight and that's a big deal. But I want to talk about a huge football win for a Bay Area team, a high school team, Ignacio Valley High School and conquered on Friday night, they defeated Redwood Christian twenty six to twenty. Now, why are we talking about this game because it snapped a thirty five game losing streak, ending the longest losing streak in the entire state of California for a high school sports. So shout out to the Wolves because they had last won a football game in on October twenty fifth, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Had been that long since they won.
Speaker 5: In Nastile Valley has at times been a football powerhouse school, but they've always now lately, especially lately, been in the shadow of day La Salle, who has always been a football powerhouse school. But in Noostile Valley says, the pandemic completely changed their school's athletic program and the number of students interested in playing sports totally dwindled, and the football team and that program was scaled way way back. They used to have varsity, JV and freshman team. They didn't even enough players to feel three teams. They just have one team. They lumped everybody together. But whatever, shout out, Woolves, go be Redwood Christian.
Speaker 1: Take that Redwood Christian, we got you.
Speaker 2: So and just your basketball sound to celebrate. Wait, how do they.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, that's an owl?
Speaker 2: Come on? Why am I blanking?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? You don't know what sounded wolf makes?
Speaker 2: All right? Cheeny you're.
Speaker 1: I don't know that was bunny, but at least it was a wolf is already like the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, Thanks so much for hanging out with us. Before we get to what the bleep?
Speaker 9: Good morning, it's Angie. Just want to say bang bang baby up super early.
Speaker 2: You got to get the kids to school.
Speaker 9: Then I'm on my way to Levi super early because guess who's going to be holding the American flag for the national anthem? Me I update you guys on how that is. I'm gonna give a high five to Bosa and.
Speaker 2: She's going to be the flag. What so cool?
Speaker 1: They're bringing Angie down on the field.
Speaker 8: Why not me?
Speaker 1: You like to hold the flag? I could hold the flag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's cool, But like why, like why her?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I know I'm saying it's cool, Like how did that even happen?
Speaker 2: How do you get?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Flag bearer?
Speaker 5: Is it that a giant, giant US flag that's like so big that takes like four thousand people to hold it, so like issue that special?
Speaker 3: Or is it just a single flag behind whoever is singing the national anthem?
Speaker 1: Could you just be her holding the backs? More details?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's get to what the believe is where you can win a JV show chug Mike. You just want to be the very first person to guest today's bleeped out word leg Always leave your guess is on the talkback mic on the free iHeart Radio app. Are you guys ready for it? Today's clipt yep? Okay? Why do come in different sizes? It's not like one guy can be that much bigger than the next. It's a good question.
Speaker 5: I've been in the locker room before I can show clean my brain heard something different. All right, think about what that bleeped out word could be, and then leave your guests on the talkback on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Leave it is your name, your city, and then your guests.
Speaker 5: You gotta be the very first crreck Cans of the morning to win that JV show chug mug and people's answers come in quick, so you better have already whipped that thing.
Speaker 2: Out your guests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We're playing what the bleep where? Hopefully you can win this JV show Chug Mug, you just got to be the very first person to guess today's bleeped out word. Now, in case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip. Okay, why do come in different sizes? It's not like one guy can be that much bigger than the next. So point this is a family show. Okay, So that word is something clean. Oh, I promise you. Sorry to disappoint you, Graham, but I'm disappointed. This is a family show. All right, Let's go to your guess is Good morning.
Speaker 7: This is Jamie from Martinez, and my guests are gloves.
Speaker 2: Gloves. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of different hand sizes, Graham. You have a really small hand.
Speaker 5: I got dinky ones to buy the smaller work gloves out there at the construction site. If I get those other ones for a normal sized man, they'd be all baggy on my fingers and makes it hard to grab screws and nails.
Speaker 2: So different sizes for gloves, that makes sense.
Speaker 7: Yep, Good morning, JAV show fan. This is Jackie from Pittsburgh. My guess for what the bleep is sucks? Love you guys.
Speaker 1: Bye. Now back to me. I have really large feet, so I need a larger soft than one I wouldn't be able to seeze my.
Speaker 5: Foot into there. Look, we can't all have it all. I got weird that you got seeing junk not hands.
Speaker 2: You know, well, this is a family show. What happened to that? Right?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: JV show?
Speaker 7: It's Vince and Olivia from dub luon.
Speaker 5: Today's a tough one.
Speaker 7: We're thinking maybe it's chairs.
Speaker 5: Chairs should be really different sizes.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great Monday, Gang Bang Bang.
Speaker 2: That's a good guest chairs, but it's not the correct one. What is today's bleeped out word? Continue to leave your guests. We'll play more of them coming.
Speaker 1: Up the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We're playing what the bleep where someone will hopefully win this JV show. Chug Mug is always you want to be the very first person to guess the bleeped out word of the day. Now, in case you are just tuning in, here is today's clip. Okay, why do come in different sizes? It's not like one guy can be that much bigger than the next. Just remember this is a family show. Nice guess has got to be plead thank you in advance. All right, let's go through some guesses now.
Speaker 1: Good morning JV Show. This is Daniel from San Francisco, and I'm guessing that the bleeped out word is belts.
Speaker 2: Belts, belts.
Speaker 5: That's a good question. Although if you've ever as a man, if you've ever bought a belt that's too small, it's very frustrating. You get just you're fighting to get to that first little nod.
Speaker 2: I feel like there has to be a one size fits all solution. What size fits most?
Speaker 5: There's probably somewhere in a range that fits most, But then there's also the belt that's too big, and then you have that long overhand extra strap and that yeah that.
Speaker 1: This is Diana from Fortburgh, California. My guess is wallet.
Speaker 2: Wallet guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should be kind of you, just they're mostly just a universal size. People still carry wallets.
Speaker 2: No, not really, My man does what for?
Speaker 1: We talked about this.
Speaker 5: What are they putting coupons in there that they cut off the local newspapers or anything?
Speaker 2: But just his id and just his cards and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm still still what are they doing with all the other spaces, know.
Speaker 7: Bang nin and gangs?
Speaker 6: Saisy from Mode and I'm gonna give Beanie beanies.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good guess.
Speaker 3: We don't need different sizes for something like that.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Jennifer from PACIFICA. Could the word be hot? Have a good day hat? That's what I was thinking. All right, So here's today's clip, unbleeped. Okay, why do hats come in different sizes? It's not like one guy can be that much bigger than the next, right, I feel like for the most part, heads are kind of the same. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got kind of a small one, and you get that hat that's meant for like a dude with a big old nogging that.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't look right.
Speaker 2: You look like chicken. Little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it swallows you up.
Speaker 5: It's no good. All right, let's give some shout outs. Let's give some shoutouts. First or foremost, Jennifer and Pacifica. She was the most person to come with the correct answer this morning.
Speaker 1: Now, look, there's gonna be some people upset.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is a controversy and we need to talk about it because there were a lot of people.
Speaker 1: A couple people even that slipped in right before Jennifer, but they said hated.
Speaker 2: The words hats yeah.
Speaker 5: With an S.
Speaker 1: She was the first person to throw that s on there.
Speaker 5: There were a couple of people, you know, they're gonna they're gonna be kicking themselves throughout the day, but like they were right there, right, that doesn't count, right, Well, no.
Speaker 2: It has to be the exact word hats yeah.
Speaker 1: From Pacifica had that first.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna shout out everybody that gave hat or hats plural here because there were a lot of you, all right.
Speaker 1: Vaughn and San Jose had it.
Speaker 5: So did Rebecca and conquered our buddy Lisa and Richmond.
Speaker 2: What's up, Lisa, what's up?
Speaker 8: She had it.
Speaker 5: Kimberly and San Jose Mauricio also in San Jose and from Fremont, our.
Speaker 1: Buddy Kevin and Castro Valley was up.
Speaker 2: Kevin was up.
Speaker 1: Joe Lene in Reading had it correct.
Speaker 5: And I also checked JV show number one show in Reading in California. So TJ in Livermore a Boy, James and Clovis had it. So did Joe in Santa Rosa, John and San Jose Jacob and our boy Jacob jo yo Yo in.
Speaker 1: The South Bay.
Speaker 5: He had it, so did Anna and San Mateo Carlos and San Jose Athena.
Speaker 1: In the East Bay.
Speaker 5: And Lady alid Alidi Alidia Alidia Alidi somebody in Pittsburgh. Her name today Alicia maybe Alicia Am I'm writing you know it's a little suspect on a Monday morning.
Speaker 1: This is top, you know, coupes slack, guys cut.
Speaker 2: Thanks everyone for playing. Don't do it again tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine to the phone.
Speaker 7: Hi, who's this Atlanta and Edwin?
Speaker 2: Hi, guys? How is the weekend? It was really nice?
Speaker 7: How about you guys?
Speaker 2: Did we have a good weekend?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: You know, can't complain. All right, So today on the line we have Oh all right, So would this be for for Edwin?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It will wait for him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean you know you have today.
Speaker 1: Anybody promise it to him? Now you gotta get it.
Speaker 2: So all right, So here's what you got to do to win the chromebook. This is the JV Show. You have nope game, it's our trivia game. So We're gonna ask you four questions. You just get three correct, and the chromebook is yours.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, easy pasy, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Question number one, what is the best selling ice cream for labor in the United States?
Speaker 11: Vanilla?
Speaker 5: Yep, job, boring old vanilla should be chocolate chip cookie dough at.
Speaker 2: Least right like mint chocolate chip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not mad at that strawberry.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at but vanilla so bland?
Speaker 1: But yes, so good job.
Speaker 5: Question number two, what Disney movie featured the song Let It Go?
Speaker 1: Would you like to sing a portion.
Speaker 8: Of it for us?
Speaker 7: That's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: All right, well, good job. Question number three. The mouth, stomach, and intestines are all part of what system in the human bodies?
Speaker 1: Three for three.
Speaker 5: You don't even need this one. This one's a little tougher. Question number four, how long is the shot clock in the NBA?
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about.
Speaker 1: Just take a guess. Yes, you've already won. Yeah, ain't an.
Speaker 5: I won't take forever for people that she don't twenty four seconds. She's gonna get a shot off and hit the rim within twenty four seconds.
Speaker 4: I always know this question.
Speaker 2: But who cares because you already won the Gamesay.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 6: Congrats, you just got a Chromebook laptop. This is courtesy of Columbia Record.
Speaker 2: Nice Edwin's gonna have a lot of funny Oh really, well, congratulations, Look you did it all right, So hang on here, I'm gonna put you on hold. Cheet, He's gonna pick up in the next room. Graham, do we have some shout.
Speaker 1: Out moms and my dam's moms?
Speaker 5: Moms and my dams and says, hey, Graham, could you please shout out my daughter for her eleventh birthday on Monday? Please please please, Sabrina Carpenter voice, she says, happiest eleventh birthday, Mikaela. We hope you have an amazing day. Continue being a little beast with softball and basketball. We are your number one fans. We love you, cool girl, Love Mom, Dad, Big Live and McCovey and Tofu. Do you think Tofu's her younger brother?
Speaker 2: I hope so.
Speaker 5: I don't know either way, Mikaela, happy birthday. Maybe it's their parakeet all right? Another mom and my DAMSI Saygram, can you please wish my boys Angelo and Isaac happy birthday?
Speaker 1: They are both September Babies.
Speaker 5: Last year, at my son's birthday, we took him to best Buy in Union City to buy a computer and I recognized Selena there. She totally snubbed Ustin, was rude when we came up to her and tried to say, I'm just kidding, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to bother her while she was with her family. When we walked down the store, I said to the boys, Hey, guess who that was in front of us in the line and they said who. I said that was Selena from the JV Show and o MG, they were so mad at me that I didn't say anything in the store. So if she could give them a shout out to that would be amazing. Also shout out to Kitayama Elementary and IVC Middle School and Union City things. And that is from mom Natalie. So happy birthday to us. To September Babies, Angelo and Isaac, come say hi, Selena any were it's because you totally big time.
Speaker 2: I really no, you don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I apologize for not going up to you.
Speaker 2: Guys. First of all, yeah, you have the best d ever. Have you heard that?
Speaker 1: That's true?
Speaker 10: Hottest thing it's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: All right, a lot of Selena Gomez this morning. First things First, big news. She has reached a billionaire status. According to Bloomberg. She obviously does a lot of acting, but the bulk of her one point three billion dollar valuation is from her cosmetics line, Rare Beauty. Graham, you still look puzzled.
Speaker 1: A billionaire. Slady Goman is a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people by makeup.
Speaker 1: I trust me.
Speaker 5: Makeup is a very lucrative business. Does she own what percentage of this brand?
Speaker 1: Does she own? I don't know. I have questions. What are their sales? Can she cash out at any time? What are stock options? I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is I don't know any about that. Yeah, it is giving that a little bit. Okay, Second thing here again we're talking about Selena Gomez. There's talk that she and Taylor Swift are growing apart. They haven't been spotted together since January when they were at the Golden Globes were roasting Kylie Jenner. Remember that lip sinking scandle uh huh okay. So, and then there's that big party that Taylor recently threw at her home and Rhode Island, Selena wasn't there. So supposedly, Selena has just started to feel like an outsider with Taylor's new group of friends. And yeah, she doesn't want to hang out with Brittany Mahomes. She doesn't want to hang out with Blake Lively or Ice Spice or whoever. She's kind of distancing herself from them. By the way Taylor and Brittany, there is rumors that they weren't friends anymore because they sat in different suites at the Chiefs game last week. They were spotted at the US opened together over the weekends. I think they're good, Taylor and Selena. They might be on the out.
Speaker 1: Oh heartbroken, I know, I'm devastated.
Speaker 5: I thought they were like busties four l Maybe Selena is wrapped up hanging out with stuff. Maybe she's wrapped They're both they're both dating, madly in love with their guys. That's what happens when two people enter into different relationships spend less time with those That's true.
Speaker 6: I also can't picture them doing like a double date because.
Speaker 2: To talk about the third and final thing I have in Selena Gome is this morning, she revealed to Vanity Fair and This is News this morning that she will never get pregnant. She said, quote, I've never said this, but I unfortunately cannot carry my own children. I have a lot of medical issues that would put my life and the babies in jeopardy, and that was something I had to grieve for a while. So she says she still doesn't want to start a family. Benny Blanco obviously does two has been very vocal about that. Selena says, it's just going to look a little different for them. They're either going to adopt or they'll go the surrogacy route.
Speaker 5: I would imagine when you are a billionaire that you will explore these surrogacy route heavily.
Speaker 2: I think she's going to do that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, she said, that nice option to have when you're wealthy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can that be nice if it was like cheaper.
Speaker 2: For those who like can't.
Speaker 1: Conceive or just you know, don't want the inconvenience of it or.
Speaker 2: The stretch marks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: All Right, Graham, what do you have in trending?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: I had to watch a bunch of garbage football over the weekend to finally get to a game that matters. Niners making their season debut on Monday Night Football, So I can't say Niners.
Speaker 1: Without there we go. That sounds better. It's nice to have that sound back.
Speaker 5: Niners making their season debut on Monday Night Football, hosting the Jets at Levi's Kickoff tonight five point fifteen. There are a lot of storylines to be watching out for in this game, namely Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers. He's going to be taking the field to play a regular season game.
Speaker 2: Now we know.
Speaker 5: The last time he played a regular season game was the Jets opening game last season, and he tore his achilles on the fourth play of the game.
Speaker 1: So this dude has not played. He's an all time.
Speaker 5: Great quarterback, but he hasn't played much football obviously over that past year. A lot of rehab and then, uh, you know, he's been back and by all accounts, he looks great in training camp. But we'll see how he fares its actual game. Probably, he says, you know, because everybody's asking him about what it's going to feel like to make it past that fourth play and Tonight's Well, we don't that's not a guarantee.
Speaker 1: Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL.
Speaker 5: But he says he'll probably make a little smirk, So there might be a little smirk after the fourth play.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we'll see. I'm sure they'll catch it.
Speaker 5: So oh, Aaron Rodgers a small look on his face, hopefully after that fourth play. On the fifth play, Nick Bosa's pasting him into the turf again and breaking his other leg.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, you're not really kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything. The other main you know storyline from this game.
Speaker 5: Jets coach Robert Sala used to be the defensive coordinator here for the forty nine ers, so it's a Kyle Shanahan Robert Sala matchup. Those two know each other very well, know each other's tendency, so it's gonna be a real coaching sort of mind game battle again. Kickoff five fifteen tonight. Any score projections you guys want to go out and make, I'm not allowed to make one because they're.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, we'll let just handle this. I know better than to make a prediction.
Speaker 6: Final score prediction, Jess, I'm gonna say thirty two, twenty four, Who's Niners?
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, you should be rooting against the Nighters because next here on the JV Show, you and Graham placing a little wager.
Speaker 1: Yes, right are Yeah, the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's talk, let's talk wagers.
Speaker 1: Oh finally, Grams are waiting all.
Speaker 2: Weekend or for the weekend of wraps. We can get to this Monday morning. All right.
Speaker 5: So in the past, well last season, because Jess, our very own jesss from Salinas is a diehard New York Giants green and we were all like scratching our heads why when she first joined the show, and we were trying to figure out why that is. I still don't remember why or know why.
Speaker 2: Because her man, yeah, I didn't have a team when I met him.
Speaker 5: So you were just like a lonely lost fan that lived near the Bay Area where we have a team.
Speaker 1: And you're like, I don't really, I don't know what you're root for. Hello, someone save me. And then in swoops the New York Giants.
Speaker 5: Well I like the Colors, so okay, we like the Colors, all right, And then the Giants and the Niners played each other. I think that was last season, and we made wager on that and if the Niners one, then Jess had to burn her man's hideous, hideous shirt.
Speaker 1: Jess is still upset about.
Speaker 2: That to this day.
Speaker 5: And I will happily buy your man a new shirt if if that's what's going to take, because she's been deeply scarred by this, by this loss. She's never There was some of the audio of her setting it on the ground to light it on fire. Put if they put it on the ground, and then it was burned, and then they were very upset and then cry, I did I did your man a favorite? That shirt terrible?
Speaker 1: All right? Now?
Speaker 5: The New York Giants said, the Niners do not play each other this season, so we could not make a wager head to head on a game, and if they did play each other, the Niners would stomp them. Just this is just facts. I'm not trying to rip on your team. The New York Giants not projected to have a very good season. Yesterday, they lost to the Minnesota Vikings twenty eight to six, the Vikings rolling out their second string quarterback Sam Darnold because the guy that they drafted got hurt.
Speaker 1: In the preseason.
Speaker 5: Anyways, they lost twenty eight to six, not a good start to the season, and by all accounts New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones and I didn't watch any of the game. They said that fans of the Giants gathered outside the player's exit after the game just so they could boo him when he left the game. He had an ugly, ugly pick six in that game and just a not a good performance. Okay, Vegas has the So I'm trying to curate. How can we settle a bet here is projected to have a good season, Giants not so good. We can't do record head to head because the Niners are going to finish with the better record by most by all accounts. So I thought what we could do is we look at the Vegas odds on how many wins they think the Giants will have this season, that number being six and a half.
Speaker 1: So let's just round it to seven. Seven wins is what they think the Giants we're gonna have. No, we can't. For the sake of fun.
Speaker 5: If the Giants for every win over seven, that's the number of times I will spin the chug wheel and chug whatever it lands on. So if the Giants pull out ten wins, I spin the chug wheel three times and back to back to back chug. Each of those items now on the flip side. If the Giants say finished with five wins, yes, that's a differential.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 5: We'll have to spend the chug wheel twice and back to back chug whatever it lands on and the chug wheel. And we know for people that listen on Fridays will game, there's generally a lot of nastiness on the chug wheel. Jess, do you think this is a fair bet. I'm throwing this out, except I think it's good.
Speaker 2: I would want it to be six.
Speaker 5: But it's sixteen more games. This is seventeen win seven. Come on, you gotta win seven out of the next sixteen games.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna manifest. I gotta do something.
Speaker 1: Hit seven exactly.
Speaker 2: It's nobody. Nobody chucks it. I'm going to agree.
Speaker 6: I'm sweating right now, and I'm hoping it's the right move, but I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and agree.
Speaker 1: It's locked in shaken, It's locked all right. So we'll keep.
Speaker 2: This season.
Speaker 1: As the season goes, we have a long way to know if this is going to pay off or not. All Right, I'm feeling good about it.
Speaker 2: The other thing I want to talk about is Kendrick Lamar. It was announced that he is going to be headlining this year's Super Bowl half or this season super Bowl halftime show. I want to know how you guys feel about this. Are you excited? Do you think they should have gotten somebody else? You already have a couple early talkbacks, Good Morning TV show. This is Erica from Milpitis.
Speaker 7: Just want to say I'm loving that Kendrick Lamar is.
Speaker 4: Going to be the halftime show at the super Bowl.
Speaker 12: Not necessarily because of the show he'll put on, but mainly to piss off Drake.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: That part that is a good point. I like it for that reason.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 12: It's a TV shows Your Boy and the Vife special. Heykay Steve, I'm hyped for for Ken Drake, for kDa performing at the super Bowl. You know they're a super Bowl halftime show, but he has guaranteed he's going to bring out a lot of Atlanta artists. He has so many of a different Atlanta artists. He's a show going to bring out Lil Wayne and that's gonna be him. I think he's gonna more so curate the entire thing.
Speaker 1: And perform. But put this in a prediction journal. I said he's going to bring Lil Wayne.
Speaker 2: Now a couple of things. The super Bowl is going to be in New Orleans, and Lowayne is from New Orleans. I think that's what you meant.
Speaker 1: Our boy.
Speaker 5: Nobody's special left to follow up talkback. He didn't have time. I didn't have time to let it in there. He said, sorry, correction, I meant New Orleans.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's the thing. A lot of people are kind of disappointed they were hoping for Lil Wayne because he is from there. I want to go on record and say, there's nothing that says like every super Bowl show has to have that hometown jars on there. You know, would it make sense. It wouldn't be nice sometimes. I mean, I guess, I guess where it makes sense. But Graham, how do you feel Kendrick Lamar, is this doing it for you?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: To be honest, it would have moved the needle more for me a few years ago.
Speaker 5: And maybe it's just my current saturation over saturation with Kendrick that has like soured me on it slightly like I feel like I'm less excited about it just because I'm I feel oversaturated, and I know there are other people out there that feel like, Okay, I've gotten a healthy day. Kendrick's one of the best rappers of all time. Yeah, but I've gotten just like a lot of Kendrick lately. I still think it's gonna be a good show, though.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, I get he had one of the biggest songs of the summer. Is it gonna be hilarious him saying all these things about Drake on you know, a global stage. Yeah, it's gonna be hilarious. It's not, it's not really really for me. It's really it's not. I would rather I'm not I would rather see low Wayne. To me, low Wayne is so much more iconic. I don't know, Kendrick's not really doing it for me this year, Jess, how do you feel? I'm actually really excited about this. I think if there was ever a time, it's perfect time now. And I think he's going to do a really good job. I think he's gonna he's really really creative.
Speaker 6: So not only is he going to have a lot of special guests, but I think everything is going to have some sort of meeting behind.
Speaker 2: It, and I'm really really excited for this.
Speaker 1: Actually, do you think there's a chance I'm just throwing out there that he brings out Drake.
Speaker 2: That would be hilarious. That would be. I think he would bring out j.
Speaker 3: Cole if j Cole agrees, I don't even think he would bring out Jake Cole.
Speaker 2: I think Jake Hole's scared.
Speaker 1: He brought out Drake.
Speaker 2: Crazy, that would be. I would be mad about that, though, because because we're so invested in the beef, like we had to pick sides. Now you guys are just squashed a month later and they.
Speaker 1: I might be I might get the prediction journal on this, and I'm not ready to make that prediction yet.
Speaker 8: Chet.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Hendrick performing just as a whole.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm it wasn't too like I was surprised, but it doesn't it's not doing it for me like I thought it was gonna be something a lot bigger for me. It's not just he's not super Bowl halftime show headliner. Wow, we'll show you guys.
Speaker 12: Show.
Speaker 1: I hope he does the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: So We're just talking about Kendrick Lamar, who has been announced as this next Super Bowl halftime show headliner. A lot of mixed reaction from what I saw online. A lot of people are really really excited. A lot of other people are like, I was hoping for Lil Wayne since it's going to be in New Orleans, but I wanted to just kind of, you know, see how.
Speaker 3: The Bayou was feeling about Kendrick just as a headliner in general.
Speaker 11: Good morning guys, Happy Monday, first and foremost, Bang Bang diner guy. Anyway, Oh about the Kendrick Lamar thing, I don't understand why a lot of people hating about it. I mean, who else can we have? It can't be that bad, right It could be Taylor Swift? But hey, anyway, love you guys, Hopping Monday and yeah, let's will he.
Speaker 2: Bring out Taylor Swift? Now they have bad Blood together the song.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's very possible.
Speaker 5: You know, the NFL would make throw any dollar amount that it took to get her out there, any dollar amount the other name.
Speaker 2: Some people are like wondering, well, would he bring out Drake.
Speaker 1: Said, he said from Water Creek.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so he would not be bringing out Little Wayne because Little Wayne is one of Drake's best friend and also Drake's boss.
Speaker 2: That would not go well, So he wouldn't be coming out. I misspoke people wondering ifil bring at Lil Wayne. Sorry about that, but Sedi said's theory is no, because him and Drake they're like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah, I don't see that happening.
Speaker 2: We'll do one more talk back on this.
Speaker 8: Maybe I'm just being like too idealistic and touchy feely, but like, I don't know, with all the disc tracks and everything, I just feel like we need to be a little more united and joyful right now. And I don't know, I'm not super happy about the Kendrick Lamar thing. It's just I don't know, it's just so so divisive, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that, like here he is that it was one of the biggest songs of the summer, but it's it's a diss record. This is what we want being performed on the biggest stage with all that, like you know, throwing shots and the negativity and stuff. I could see some people feeling that way.
Speaker 1: A little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm scrolling back the list of the you know, the last ten fifteen years of Super Bowl headliners, And when I look at a lot of the names on this list, I'd way rather I have Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: So I kind of want to, But can you go.
Speaker 2: Through some of them really quick? Can refresh our memory?
Speaker 1: Well, last year was Usher, I would take Kendrick over that.
Speaker 3: Oh I loved Usher's performing, wasn't for me?
Speaker 5: Rihanna was the year before that, there was a lot of excitement about her performing. I mean, just my own musical taste. I'd take Kendrick over that. Now, the year before that was Dre Snoop Eminem that one. I would hands down pick that one every single year if I could. The year before that was The Weekend. I'd take Kendrick over. That year before Shakira Jennifer Lopez, I'd take Kendrick over. That year before that was Maroon five. I'd take Kendrick over. That year before that, justin Timberlake, I'd take Kendrick.
Speaker 2: You take Kendrick over anything, basically, not over anything.
Speaker 1: But over it.
Speaker 5: But you think about artists that are out there to headline a Super Bowl. Yeah, and that list is pretty short and me my own personal music taste. When I step back and think about it, I'd take Kendall Lamar cold Play one of the years before that.
Speaker 3: No thanks, you know, so like, I don't know, I agree really quick.
Speaker 2: I thought this was pretty funny, So Grinder, I guess to celebrate the US Open, they have a new campaign in the you know, for this month only, they changed the little notification sound on their app. Normally, when someone gets a match their phone and do like a little blue you know type of sound. But to celebrate the US Open, they've changed that to.
Speaker 3: A tennis grunt. But they didn't like tell anyone this is.
Speaker 2: Happening, so phones started just going off with this. One user from Chicago that's.
Speaker 1: Not a tennis grunt.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they're using on the app. One user from Chicago was like, I put my phone down and then they heard that sound. He thought someone had broken into his apartment because.
Speaker 1: He just heard like a man, oh, oh my god, that ain't tennis.
Speaker 5: By the way, I didn't hear a ball balancing Ernie's shoes speaking around on a tennis court.
Speaker 1: That says a grunt, old fashion, it's male grunt.
Speaker 2: No, they said it's a serving, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: I've never read it. Jess, you played tennis right, I've never heard. Are you a grunter? I've never understood the grunting and tennis. It drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: I make, I make a noise.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't really say what does it sound like when you do it?
Speaker 2: If you can just give us a re enactment, Jeez, that's loud.
Speaker 1: Why it's so unnecessary? The JV show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nine, we were just talking about the super Bowl halftime show because, in case you missed it, Kendrick Lamar he'll be headlining good.
Speaker 1: Morning JV shows.
Speaker 5: I know they usually picked pop artist or rappers or country, but I think they should go with Celine Leon.
Speaker 1: She's been through a lot and she came back, and I think she would put on a good show.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be to me?
Speaker 1: Why Selena, I've just thought of nothing.
Speaker 2: I think she's very talented. I mean, I only know one song of hers that my heart will go on and I don't want to. That's not giving super Bowl vibes.
Speaker 5: So I think it's not giving super Bowl party vibes. But if you did see Selene Dion perform at the Paris Olympics, I mean she crushed it, but it just.
Speaker 3: I would you like to see her at the halftime show?
Speaker 5: No, because it just doesn't give me that the kind of war of a party, celebratory five that I'm kind of looking like to get hyped up, you know, for a big football game.
Speaker 1: She gets me more hyped up for like a good long cry or like.
Speaker 5: A bubble bath like I know, like this bubble bath will like like and a glass of Chardonnay and a bubble bath like i' celein Dion, You're my go to right there?
Speaker 1: But football game?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, all right, let's get a winner Waladi for nine?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: My name is Maryland, Maryland or College? What is what? Congrats?
Speaker 6: So you just got four tickets to the California Academy of Sciences that you can explore the wonders of our majestic state at the California Can you have Sciences?
Speaker 1: Like I said, nice the JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: We're still getting a lot of talkbacks people weigh in on who would they like to see on stage instead? Of Kendrick.
Speaker 9: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: This is Eileen from Campbell.
Speaker 6: This is my first time doing a talkback, but I had to say something because I think Lincoln Park would have been amazing.
Speaker 10: For the halftime show, just as that.
Speaker 2: How about that, Graham?
Speaker 5: Well, first off, thank you for leaving your very first talkback. If you ever want to comment on anything we're ever talking abound on the show. You agree with us, you hate what we're saying, whatever, leave us talkback. Best way on the iheartradiop to weigh in. I don't twenty if the year was twenty ten or two thousand and seven or something, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah I could have done it.
Speaker 2: I get it. They just announced a tour. They have added their newest member. I forgot her name.
Speaker 1: I'm Emily.
Speaker 2: Emily there you go, who, by the way, is a scientologist and once supported Danny Masterson. From what I read, a look and so very true. Excuse me choking a little bit, don't mind me. So we're about to bring on Susie. Susie made national headlines because she was at burning Man, not as an attendee. She was there helping people with rides and stuff. Let me just give some background So remember last year's Burning Man fiasco when it got rained out and people were stuck in the mud. She decided to help and she was giving people rides who were stuck there, and so she decided, you know what, let me do it again. People who need rides. Why not I can use some extra money. So she posted online that she would be available for rides, and I think she said she was charging maybe like sixty five dollars a person. She didn't really know what the going rate was. Then she got hit up from a burner that's what they called the attendees, who was like, we'll give you five hundred dollars round trip. You just got to be back to pick us up. She was like, cool, So here's the pickup spot. Meet me in this parking lot, and I'm going to bring on Susie right now. Good morning, Susie, Hi, Good morning morning. So what happened once you got to that parking lot and you were waiting for the people who you were supposed to give a ride to Burning Man?
Speaker 7: Oh well, there was no waiting. I just pulled in because they had texted me that the front of the GSI was too busy. Police come around to the back, and then they had it organized so you had to drive a certain way with little partitions. And when I couldn't go the way I wanted, I pulled in to turn around, and they just swarmed up all around me. I thought it was just a guy who wanted my parking place. I didn't know what was happening, so let me.
Speaker 2: Let me pause. Right there, the NTA, this is a Nevada Transportation authority. They pull up in these black SUVs and just block share it.
Speaker 7: Whoa, yeah, oh, they weren't even black. They weren't that cool.
Speaker 2: I just imagine I don't know why. I imagine black.
Speaker 1: Can't afford that dusty maroon. A bunch of old Dodge astro vans.
Speaker 7: Yeah, explorers actually kind of gray and beat up. But they looked good. They were big and burly, and they had the badges on their chests. But since I didn't my readers on, I couldn't tell that they weren't actually sheriffs. I thought they were sheriffs, but of course they were just NTA agents. So they seep in and they were like just up in my window, all around my car. The guy reached in towards my car as just to turn off my car, and I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, this is a new car. It doesn't have keys back up, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Nor can you reach into my car? This is my space.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, he put both hands on my window. I said, I'm here to pick up burners with a big smile.
Speaker 2: And he goes, yeah, we're Then we tricked you.
Speaker 7: So what I just didn't know? So they're like, get up the car. They started thirteen the car, pulling the car apart, throwing paperwork at me. They had three different little boards with papers on him. They're telling me I was facing up to thirty thousand dollars and fines, and immediately a tow truck rolled in car was gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just crazy, gone, what laws are you violating by just trying to pick people up?
Speaker 7: Quite a few you're running. It turns out in the legal taxi service, so basically you have to have like an Uber, which I have an Uber because I am an Uber person, but it wasn't picked up through Uber, so it wasn't covered like that. I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: They're just coming hard and heavy because they are the ones that police the taxi and chauffeur companies and shuttle companies here in the Reno Tahoe area, and they harassed those companies unnecessarily to such an extent, like if a chauffeur picks up a group of people at the airport and it's supposed to take them like to Incline, but they stop at a store somewhere on the way because somebody wants a coke. These guys have swarmed that show and pretty much, yeah, done the same thing that they did to me. So they're really a bizarre state agency here is what the last two weeks and the deep dives, and it's attracted the attention of a person who owns a transportation company here, and they're having me do a bunch of work for them because this is ongoing. We don't know about these things, but the burn is kind of open hunting season for them. When it's slow, right, they can just set up these seams and then make a lot of money. Literally, because it was they hold your car ransom for cash at a kangaroo court on Plum Street. It's not a real court. You go in and you it's a rankled office building, and you go upstairs and you sit in the room and you talk on a video with somebody in Vegas and they tell you you don't need an attorney because it's not criminal. But you're facing after thirty thousand dollars in time?
Speaker 2: How is this allowed?
Speaker 1: I'm facing thirty thousand Jesus.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's crazy. So it's kind of it's kind of wild West with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they want you called it open hunting season. Yeah, Susie, you weren't the only one. I read that this was like part of an entire They called it a sting operation. Do we know how many people were affected just during Burning Man?
Speaker 7: Well, that morning one of the agents that was sitting across the may brag that they had gotten sixty nine vehicles just on that particular mind. Wow, So what's what's ironic? I know there's there's probably hundreds, but what's ironic? I had to go get my cars and as I got out of that, but they forgot to give me. They had taken my personal information out of the car, like my current registration and my my insurance and all that, and they keep it with you because they don't want you to get your car back. And so I had to run back up and that ko Colo news Ape guy was interviewing the commissioner, and you like the SAT invest so so much that you know that this is happening to people, but we just don't have it in our budget to, you know, let the public know that it's not okay to give rights. Yet they have it in their budget to seek people out on social media, right.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: They're undercover.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they have the time to find everyone who's offering rights, but not the time to post that it's not okay to give rights. And these are the people in charge of our public safety, like putting up stop signs and feed limit signs, and you know, so it is in regards to letting the public know their responsibility.
Speaker 5: And you know, you go back and look at the messages they say before you didn't know they were a narc.
Speaker 1: I mean the mustache and the picture the selfie they.
Speaker 5: Said that guy looks like a cop, and they're like looking for hot granny to give rides to Bernie Man, Like come on, you had to have known.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, well thank you for the hot grandy remarks, but you didn't send anything. He was very elusive and it wasn't until the weekend right before where I st like, where are these guys and I started to give that little clint you know whatever, And I'll tell you something. People were here staying with us on their way to the burn, and I asked him, and they've been burning for years, like over over a decade or so, it's okay to give rides. They're like, as long as you, you know, don't go on to Ply, you don't have a vehicle pass, you can drop them off at the gate, turn around and go. It's not a problem. And then I googled giving rights to burning them and there was no such thing as the MPa showing up in any regard to that. So I did something egent.
Speaker 2: People don't even know that they exist.
Speaker 4: So to.
Speaker 5: Wrap this up, are you on the hook for those fines or did you just pay to get your car out of the impound and you're done, or are you still facing thirty thousand dollars in fines?
Speaker 7: They dropped the fines. I think it's pretty much because my beautiful daughter there was there with me, but also because the news station showed up, so you know, and I was all shaken ups. So they dropped the fines down to from thirty thousand to oh gosh, what was one thousand? That the checkout of the bill doesn't cut and the bill's supposed to come like four to five months from now in the mail or something. And then I had to give them five hundred dollars cash to get my car out, and then I had to go over to the impound and give them another five hundred, which they'd only had my car twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and got up.
Speaker 7: It was like it was all just insane. And so that was just me, but the guy who I have because we're trying to round everyone up. We're having a peaceful process on Wednesday at their office at eight thirty in the morning over on Plum and we're trying to get a bunch of people to go there in the news to go there because one guy has a court hearing at eight thirty on the eleventh Wednesday, and he had his RV toad so that was like fifteen hundred for him, and then he didn't sign off on anything like this, scared old Ranny did so he asked for a hearing and they gave him a hearing. So he did have to pay like f fifteen to get his RB.
Speaker 2: That's ready ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well fight fight, Yeah, we're sorry.
Speaker 2: You're going through this, but thank you so much for talking.
Speaker 7: To us, Thank you for calling you guys. I give this story all the notions that we don't have anybody else having to go through.
Speaker 2: This next right right, all right, Susie, thanks for talking to us this morning. You have a good one. Okay, the hottest.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: Wow. Beyonce snubbed by the CMA's the Country Music Awards. So their awards show is November twentieth, five pm and it just announced their nominees. Beyonce despite having uh you know, at one point the number one country album in the country, Cowboy Carter spent four weeks on top of Billboard's Top Country Albums charts, even well her song Texts Hold Him though it was number one for ten weeks.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, wore It's Hot Country Songs chart. And despite that, zero nomination, no nominations of any kind, none Country Music Awards. Yas, It's shocking, but it isn't. They did the same thing to Lona X.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, didn't they learn their lesson.
Speaker 2: I thought so, but apparently not by the way. Morgan Wallin, let's see.
Speaker 1: He probably has like four thousand nominations.
Speaker 2: I actually had that information. Where did it go?
Speaker 1: Fourteen nomination, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It's probably a lot nine Morgan wall In, seven nominations. Here we go. Chris Apleton has five posts Malone four nominations.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like what post Malone got in there?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: No Beyonce, Yeah, I wonder why.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know, because they're racist. I don't know. Just throwing that out there.
Speaker 1: That's certainly possible.
Speaker 2: Graham, what do you have in trendy? All right?
Speaker 1: iPhone? Sheep? Listen up, Hey day you guys.
Speaker 5: Apple's expected to unveil the iPhone sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did any of you actually know we were up to sixteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Me neither.
Speaker 5: But the iPhone sixteen they're gonna unveil it, and they say, well, the phone on the outside is going to have a few small upgrades. It's what's inside that's gonna get everybody juiced up. Okay, Now they've teased this event with a motto of it's glow time interesting, but they haven't said what that means.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think that means, do you think the iPhone blows of the dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if that's the revolutionary If that's the revolutionary change we've brought to the iPhone, it won't matter because you're just going to put a phone case over it so you won't see it.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll never see it glowing.
Speaker 3: This new one has it's like chat GPT.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is going to be the one that's enabled with all the different AI features And we won't know exactly what all those are until it's unveiled today and then we'll know if we should be excited or not. But this is what I would do, iPhone fans, I go to your local Apple store and line up now, because you.
Speaker 1: Want to be the very one doing that line up and be the first one. Yeah.
Speaker 5: iPhone sales, they say, over the past few years have been rather sluggish, so they're hoping this phone will reignite the excitement.
Speaker 1: I don't think the iPhone, you guys aren't juiced up.
Speaker 5: iPhone sixteen s dropping today, doesn't drop today, but it's unveiled.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much it is?
Speaker 5: Is it that I don't think has been released? And I'm sure that's what people expensive.
Speaker 3: People just can't afford a new phone. Every time one drops anymore.
Speaker 1: Just drop one after the next time.
Speaker 2: I'm on the iPhone thirteen.
Speaker 1: But it works. Just now, Oh the peasantry just kidding. Yeah, they're all the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all our phones are going to stop stop working now, that right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as soon as they unleash this one, all of yours are going to start going wrong.
Speaker 1: It's like clockwork the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, so what do you guys think? You go to a party, you bring like a bottle of alcohol or whatever, and then you take it back home with you when you leave. So unacceptable or not? I think it is? I think so too?
Speaker 8: Has it?
Speaker 1: Has any of it been drunk?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It stays.
Speaker 2: See. I normally would agree with you, Graham, but in this case, I was like, no, I'm taking my bottle home with me. Like I went to my friends she was having having a birthday party for her daughter. So I went and my husband had brought a bottle of Don Julio for like me and you know my girlfriends to to kind of drink, and there was other alcohol there. Well, nobody was drinking this bottle, Like, not even my friends. It was literally only me and my husband, you know. So I was like, well, if nobody's drinking, I'm gonna take it back home, like whatever.
Speaker 1: But then like, did you announce that to the.
Speaker 2: Group They they weren't even touching it. They weren't even touching it, But did you.
Speaker 1: Announce, hey, since nobody wants this, I guess I'll take it home.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did not, But towards the end of the party, other people started drinking it. But it was like people I didn't even know. So then I went to my friend.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, like, is it weird if I take the bottle home with me?
Speaker 1: Yes, the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: But she said no. She was like, it's yours, you brought it, take it. I don't care, and she's the host. I was like, okay, So I took it back, but it's been kind of haunting me ever since since. I was like, should like that feels kind of ghetto? Like is that ghetto to take it back? I don't know.
Speaker 6: If there was a lot left take it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more than drink. It was more than how to take it.
Speaker 6: But if people are drinking it, even if it's people you don't know, I think you leave it.
Speaker 1: I agreed. I took it, bought something for the community to share at the party.
Speaker 5: And just because you don't know the people of the party, the host does and says you brought that to the party.
Speaker 1: They all can enjoy it.
Speaker 8: You do not.
Speaker 5: You've it's transfer of ownership. You can't steal that back. It's gone.
Speaker 1: It's anymore I did. You don't know that anymore.
Speaker 6: I think as long as it's not opened, you're good. But since people were touching it, if it was.
Speaker 5: Not, that's where I think you're in a bit of a gray area. Generally, I think you've brought something. You brought it little whine. You brought a bottle, I'll call it to a person's house.
Speaker 1: It stays.
Speaker 2: It's That's what I thought too, until I was in that position, Like.
Speaker 5: Now, if you brought a bottle and it was unopened, and then at the end of the night, even the host was like, look, nobody in this house drinks tequila. So at that point then you if you've gotten their permission, you could bring it back. But if you're just grabbing it so other people you don't know can't. You don't have home and have drinks in my man.
Speaker 6: Wait, so if we flip it, Selena, If you had a party and somebody brought a bottle, would you be upset if they took it back?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, what if it was a bottle, don Julio, there was one that I was drinking.
Speaker 2: Bottle exactly why my friends weren't drinking it. Had it been my friends that were drinking, of course I would have left it for them. That's true too, not drinking it. Yeah, the whole doesn't even drink, but the party.
Speaker 6: Are Yeah, this is the most would want their guests to be happy.
Speaker 2: But it was like later on in the party though, you guys are grasping of straws a different coors here.
Speaker 1: This is a major party, faux pap. You don't do that talking, don't do that.
Speaker 2: How many people are we like talking? And I was at the party, not a lot of people. But maybe there's only like a like a handful that we're drinking out of this one bottle is only like a few I thought, like there's a lot of alcohol there already. They wouldn't even know it.
Speaker 5: No, it's not the second getting the door into somebody else's house holding said bottle.
Speaker 1: It is no longer yours.
Speaker 2: And that's why you bring your own and keep.
Speaker 1: It in the car, and you keep it in your purse wit in the whole time it's still yours.
Speaker 5: But if that you walk into the party with that thing out in the open like parties here, that's no longer.
Speaker 2: Your bottle, you might be right, Graham. Anyways, So my photo from home is me at the party with some of some of the barrel's there. You can check out our photos from home JB Morning Show on Instagram. Let's run through all the pictures.
Speaker 5: Mine's a picture of me holding my son Ford and my daughter Quinn. Yesterday we went to ranching a Cossio in West Marin They do this live music barbecue thing. We go every summer. And my kids, I think I've told you guys before, they are huge fans of Tom Petty. They love I love Tom Petty music. They know all the words and so Tom Petty Rip is no longer with us. But they there's a band, Petty Theft. They are a Tom Petty cover band and they play out there every summer and so we always go to see them.
Speaker 1: And so like they have the time of their lives. They keeps dancing and they sing all the songs. They love it.
Speaker 2: How old are they?
Speaker 1: They are? They are older souls.
Speaker 5: I should know how old. They just had birthdays seven and five. Now it's confusing. I'm like, oh, there's six and four. Well, they both just had birthdays.
Speaker 2: My picture might look like I'm drowning, don't be alarmed, And I was not. I just don't know how to swim. I don't.
Speaker 6: I got a lot of water in my nose, but I was trying to.
Speaker 1: Get trying to breathe underwater. Yeah, I can't do that.
Speaker 11: Can do that?
Speaker 6: A really nice picture? It didn't work out, so just you could go and cheaty.
Speaker 1: Baby duty, Oh my god, my baby.
Speaker 2: It's one of my nephews. And let me tell you, after a babysitting, I can't do it.
Speaker 5: But doesn't that moment right here you go, this guy's asleep on you and you're on the couch. Doesn't that moment just melt your heart? A little baby snuggling on you like a tiny bit.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Over the weekend, you are sick as hell. Why would anyone leave their ba Why? I was wondering that too, But you know, I'm just hoping that he didn't get sick.
Speaker 1: He did he breathing each other's germs, right.
Speaker 2: Cheaty the babysitter. Good to know, I Know Good
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety FO