Speaker 1: Tiving the channel.
Speaker 2: Night weather forecasts gotta have a lot of rain this morning all the way through the noon hour. Storms may show up not severe though, but they do expect about an insured rain today sixty eight for the high overnight little fifty six with partly cloudy sky's partly cloudy and dry. Tomorrow seventy five again partly cloudy overnight forty seven and a partly cloudy Sunday with the highest seventy six sixty degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update, Chuck from the Ucuth Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: You see healthy.
Speaker 3: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. You see how dot com cruise continue to work for the wreck northbound seventy five on the brand's fence, left lane block, then to the top of the bridge on the right hand side. It's an extra hour out of Florence into downtown eastbound seventy four wreck left hand side at Montana westbound Fort Washington Way. An accident before you get to the seventy one merch Chuck Ingram on.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty one fifty five kr SE DE Talk Station, A very Happy Friday to you, extra special day the return of Patty Scott along with a friend. We're gonna hear Jane Thomas's story here Heart for Seniors, Heart the word the number four Seniors Dot is it's org right or dot org an amazing.
Speaker 1: I have just taken to.
Speaker 2: This organization because they do such wonderful things and having a my late father who my listeners, who regular listeners know, struggled with Alzheimer's dementia and lost his life due to complications and related issues from Alzheimer's, spent his last days in an assisted living facility, and so I got to see firsthand, and it was a good facility. And there are some marginal ones out there, but in the final analysis, when you are in that state, you're incapable of caring for yourself. You lose your control of your bodily functions, and y'all know what that means. And the caregivers at these facilities are usually it's impossible to stay up on every single patient. You know, one person's assigned to maybe twenty or third patients. They get on a schedule and they'll check your room, you know, maybe on a rotating schedule, but they don't know when you've had an issue. They don't know when you've had an accident, and quite often these patients wallow in their own excrement to be direct, and that leads to a lot of complications in the end up. They can be hospitalized, get rashes and all kinds of problems. Hard for Seniors has this amazing technology that alerts the caregivers the minute something has happened, so they know which patients need the attention right away and so they can prioritize that. And it's just an amazing advancement that seems so simple, but so many facilities don't have this technology. So that's what Hart for Seniors is all about. And they've expanded the software to provide other functions and assist these caregivers to be more efficient, more effective and provide these patients with a better living condition, which all is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 1: Patty.
Speaker 2: Always great to see you and I want to thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all that you do. And a real quick update. Last time you were here, you brought Macy and Marie Cunningham. The Cunningham sisters, beautiful singers, beautiful, absolutely amazing, and people who donate and contribute to Hart for Seniors get a live performance, live performance from these young ladies, and my mom is going to be getting because I donate. Next week, it's been lined up, Jones Hi, And I'm not going to say out loud which songs they're going to sing, but they learned a song that I suggested for my mom, who's listening probably right now. Yeah, So Jones out there, so I understand that's been lined up, and I know she's excited about it and she is going to absolutely melt when she hears these young ladies sing. But I elaborate on that before we get to Jane and her story, because you've got some news.
Speaker 4: We do well.
Speaker 5: First of all, your listeners, Brian, I've told you they are such advocates, such caregivers, and they support you and all your causes. But I just have to tell you since our last meeting, Lisa Bridges from Seniors Helping Seniors heard us on the show.
Speaker 4: She reached out.
Speaker 5: They actually have been around for a long time from Fairfield, Ohio, a nonprofit, and she says, we need your technology, we need it. We're in homes. We're not in long term care facilities, but we have caregivers that go out into the homes and we need help. So we've been talking and we've been collaborating, and you're going to see some amazing things come.
Speaker 1: Out of that.
Speaker 5: Oh great, your listeners continue, networking continues on. That's wonderful that you know, And you know, they were so frustrated because again, there's not a lot of senior organizations that really care and support caregivers and seniors, and so this technology it's so hard for them to get caregivers. And so this technology is just going to enhance the experience for the patient that's in the home, the families, but then more importantly, the caregivers are just going to get support that they don't have exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, it makes the caregivers job a lot easier. I can't imagine being in a position where I'm responsible for these seniors and I find out that someone has been wallowing, you know, for twelve hours in need of a change or some help or assistance or something that would make me feel personally miserable. Yes, damn it, I wish I had got been able to get on this earlier. But look, they weren't on the rotation schedule until I walked in and talked to them. That's beautiful. You're gonna give me an allergy moment here. But real quick before we take a quick break here, as far as the Cunningham sisters go, Yeah, tell my listeners what happened.
Speaker 5: Well, we have we can't make the announcement. Yeah, it's going to be announced on your show.
Speaker 1: Okay, next month, next.
Speaker 4: We'll announce it on your show.
Speaker 1: Are they coming back?
Speaker 4: They're gonna come back. Oh, have some big announcement.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you're gonna be hearing not just here in the morning shown, You're gonna be hearing a lot more from the cunning Out sisters. Let's just let it lay right there, and I'll look forward to having them back in the studio. Let's pause right now. We'll bring back and we'll hear Janie Thomas's story and more about Heart four Seniors dot Org seven thirty six. Right now, if you have KCD talk station Odor Exit, I could probably tie in an oto exit commercial with our conversation.
Speaker 1: Just now.
Speaker 2: Od O r xit otor exit dot com get the products that get rid of all of the odors that are bothering you except the stenti of politics, spoke, mold, mildew, human odors, pet odors, you name it. They've got a product to get rid of it. They come with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Use as directed. If it doesn't eliminate the odor, you get your money back. That's a solid guarantee. They've been around for twenty five years, locally manufactured and owned, so you know it works. They couldn't stay in business that long. I've used the products multiple times over the years, and I can assure you it's the right thing to buy.
Speaker 1: Odor exit dot com. Order from the website.
Speaker 2: It will be delivered very quickly, or if you cannot wait, by it locally. Using the search engine right there, they'll show you all the places that's sold near you. Odor exit dot.
Speaker 1: Com fifty five KRC. When you hear.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine one to forecast, it's going to be rainy all the way through the noontime ish. About an inch of rain is predicted and storms may develop. High sixty eight today, partly cloudy, over nine fifty six partly cloudy tomorrow, but drive seventy five for the high. Overnight low forty seven and partly clotty Skies and a partly clotty Sunday and a highest seventy six. It's fifty nine right now, it's time for traffick Upstate.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram from the ucup Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: You see health, you go find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Plenty of problems on the highways this morning. Northbound seventy five an extra hour into downtown with an accident walking the right hand side as you come home off on the bridge. There's a wreck in bound seventy four at Montana on the left, can't side and CRUSE working with an accident. West found two seventy pimes Rampton, North Found seventy one shot ingramont fifty five KRSC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty one on a Friday, and a happy one to you Extra special Friday Heart for Seniors Patty Scott in studio with her friend Janie Thomas.
Speaker 1: No relation.
Speaker 2: But Heart number four Seniors dot org. Help them out and if you're a listener out there in the world, that knows someone affiliated with an assisted living facility, senior care facility, let them know about heartfoseniors dot org. This is life changing technology that not enough people know about. But the more people learn about it and understand it, the more people are going to embrace it and the better quality of life every senior in an assisted living facility or getting care at home is going to have.
Speaker 1: And Patty go ahead.
Speaker 2: And introduced Janey and provide a k few details before we launch into her story, which you described as scary.
Speaker 5: It's very scary. Well, first of all, Jane is the to me of an amazing senior. She's a volunteer. She's a kindergarten teacher fifty years, retired, retired fifty years and she retired.
Speaker 4: To do the ultimate.
Speaker 5: She took care of her parents in their home until they passed away, and then right after that she got slapped with father with her husband getting Louis dementia and he passed away. So it's been four years and she never stopped. She continued to take care of people in their homes and give and part of Heart for Seniors is also about advocating for seniors as well as the caregivers, but more importantly educating about things that are just not public or talked about, just like the incontinence. And something happened two weeks ago that to Jane that we stepped in to have to help because she couldn't advocate for herself. And we think it's important for your listeners to know because had she known ahead of time, it could have saved her eyesight. So I was going to say she was driving on the side of the road after an appointment and she went blind in.
Speaker 1: A right eye, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And I will let her pick it up from here to say what happened after that quickly because she didn't get the care that she should have to save the eyesight.
Speaker 2: Cautionary tale for my listeners, a learning experience, learn it, know it all right, Janey, let us know what happened.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: First of all, big fan of Hartford Seniors. I think that as a country we do not appreciate and advocate for our elderly, who are the foundation of where we are right now. But personally, I was driving down the road perfectly healthy, no problems at all. Suddenly known as a white cloud kind of flowed across my eye and then something like a mud had been splattered on your windshield, and all of a sudden my sight was pretty much gone in my right eye. Always been told from my ophthalmologist, if anything ever happens like a black curtain coming over your eye, call we call. We got to get you in. It's a retina detachment. Called immediately from my car phone and told them how concerned I was. Called the ophthalmologist and who'd been treating me for a dry eye. That's a whole other subject, but anyway, said okay, we'll get right back to you. Well, I drove on home, which was in our way, kind of scared driving one eyed, but it worked. I got there. My brother came in and he said, we need to get you to a doctor. That sounds like when my wife's retina detached. So I'm thinking, okay, this can be taken care of, no problem.
Speaker 4: Call.
Speaker 7: Still haven't gotten a call back. Three hours later, still don't call back.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 7: Called my optometrist and said, okay, this is going on. I'm scared. What should I do? And he said come in? So I go in and I learned a lot that there are all kinds of things that can go wrong with your eye that could cause that he thought that it was a hole in the macula. Long story short, he tried to call the specialist in our city. No answer at their office because they were so busy they just didn't answer. Finally, I said, well, I was supposed to get a callback from my ophthalmologist, but he didn't call. And he goes, he's got all the equipment I need. I'll get a hold of him. So he called and kind.
Speaker 1: Of greased the skids pushed.
Speaker 6: Very strongly that I get in there.
Speaker 7: I got in and had to sit and wait until all the other patients were done to be seen, and the whole time, I'm thinking, I'm losing time. I'm losing time. I'm losing time. They did a lot of tests, which were exhausting at the time because I was straining to try to do what they were asking me to do with my right eye and it wasn't working very well. Somewhere in that conversation the word stroke was mentioned. But then I was told i'll see you in two weeks, and I said, whoa, I'm scared. I'm scared. And then then he said, well, maybe we won't get in tomorrow morning. So, not thinking I said, okay, this is a professional. I should do what he says, right, So I go back in the next morning they redoce the test, into which he says, oh my goodness, I think you're having a stroke. You need to go straight to the er. I said, I drove myself, and he goes, that's okay, just go to the er. Told me which E are to go to. I drove myself to the er. Now this is all to say, I'm awesome at advocate for people I love. I am wonderful at doing that. I will push to the limit. Did I do that for myself?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: I was so overwhelmed that I just did what he told me to do, drove to the er.
Speaker 2: Well, let's pause out of time in the segment, we'll bring her back. We'll also catch ourselves a quick crimestopper bad guy the week. Get seven forty seven right now fifty five kr CE talk station. Cannot believe that seven zero eight three thousand dot coms a place to go. You need a great real estate team. You got subregroup of Kelowilliams seven Hills right there, the number one real estate sales group in the greater Cincinnati area. They're awesome at what they do. You'll be very pleased with their services, whether you retain them as a buyer's agent or seller's agent. And they have the Patriot program among a bunch of other programs, and nobody else is offering you get ten percent of the commission back to you at closing. It's a nice rebate for veterans, folks at the VA Police Ems and fire developed by veterans to help patriots buy and sell their homes, only offered by the Sabri Group. Keller Williams seven Hills, seven zero eight three thousand dot com. When you give them a call, just put a five one three in front of it. Five one three seven zero eight three.
Speaker 1: Thousand, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Air quick weather report. It's gotta be rainy all the way through a noon time. Is about an insurin and maybe some storm. Sixty eight for the high today, just partly cloudy over night fifty six, seventy five with clouds tomorrow, partly partly over night forty seven, any partly cloudy Sunday as well. Seventy six for the high fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Right now. With traffic update Chuck from the U See Up Traffic Center, you see health.
Speaker 3: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Plenty of problems on the highways this morning. North found seventy five an extra hour into downtown with an accident blocking the right hand side as you come on off of the bridge. There's a wreck in bound seventy four at Montana on the left hand side, and Cruise working with an accident westbound two seventy fives Rampton northbound seventy one. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Five KRC Detalk Station. Before you back to Jane Thomas's story, We're gonna get yourselves a crime stopper. Bad guy in the week office Tivitygreen from the Wonderful sin Say Police Department. Welcome back, and who are you looking for today?
Speaker 8: Good morning Bryan. Today we're looking for George Borge. Mister Borge is wanted for strangulation. George Borche is a male black thirty five years old. He's five eight and two hundred and forty pounds. George Borich has a history of domestic violence and drug charts.
Speaker 1: I hate those domestic violence.
Speaker 2: Guys, we have the information on whom where the police might might be able to find George Boridge.
Speaker 1: Who are you gonna call? Tivity?
Speaker 8: So he was last known Brian to live in co Range Township. But if any callers know where we can find George Borich, please call crime Stoppers at five one three three five two thirty forty or submit a tip online at Crime dat stoppers dot us and you can also go online at P three tips dot com to submit your anonymous tips.
Speaker 2: You gotta catch this guy. He'll be doing society a huge favorite. You will be eligible for a cash reward, and you will remain anonymous officer. Tivity Green, thank you for the service you do for our community and for everyone of the Cincinnai Police Department. His picture and informations on my blog page fifty five carecy dot com. Back to Patty from heartfor Seniors, Patty Scott, along with Janie Thomas frightening story. She loses her vision while drying in her eye and she gets kind of the run around sounds me like from physicians, and then we come to learn that you were supposed to deal with this loss of vision within four hours of the issue. Happening, and they actually kicked you off a full day. We're suggesting even a two week delay before you get follow up care exactly right. So I mean that in and of itself is really wonderful for everybody to know. So what else do we need to learn from this?
Speaker 6: Fast forward? Through lots of testing, lots of doctors.
Speaker 7: I was told go home, learn to live with it, put on blood sinners, put on cholesterol medicine, which I had no problem with. So bottom line is is learn to learn to reach out and try to find somebody to advocate for you. There's a lot difference between advocating for yourself and having somebody there backing you up. That's where Patty stepped in, my brother stepped in, my son stepped in, and things started to move. Patty got me in an appointment up here at cincanna I Institute. Basically, bottom line, they say I had a stroke in my retinal artery and that that caused the blindness. Nothing they can do, just go on, live your life and deal with it. So we've gone into some alternative type things trying to do it. The biggest thing in the world is don't feel bad. You advocate for everybody else. But it's tough to advocate for yourself.
Speaker 2: You need hey, yeah, yeah, Quite often we put our own best interest behind in favor of like for example, when you were caring for your late husband, if you were anything like my mom, you didn't care as much for yourself because you're dedicating so much time to your loved ones, and your own health then can deteriorate. Because I witnessed that myself, and that's why my father ended up in a care facility because Mom was just it just exhausted.
Speaker 7: It can and you tell yourself, I can just keep doing this, I can keep doing this. I'm strong, i can go and absolutely I'm sorry. But stress can do a whole lot. And I've been told stress could cause this because I've asked a lot of questions, why why why.
Speaker 6: So the stress?
Speaker 1: The stroke brought about by stress?
Speaker 6: It could be Oh my, there's no answer as to why it happened.
Speaker 5: Really, all the other reapers, I mean, her heart's good, they did off sets of brain scans.
Speaker 6: They how about that.
Speaker 7: Cholesterol medicine crowded is totally cleared, no reason for it, but take it anyway.
Speaker 5: Just but what we want your listeners to know is if they get frustrated, whether it's their loved one in a long term care facility, they're struggling at home, or or even if they're a caregiver right and they can't care for themselves all of a sudden, or.
Speaker 4: They're shocked, call us.
Speaker 5: We have a network of doctors and people, and we can make phone calls.
Speaker 4: We can help.
Speaker 5: That's part of what Heart for Seniors does. Yes, we have technology, Yes, our technology is amazing.
Speaker 1: You're connected, but we also have a network.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's just as much as about helping you get to where you need to go.
Speaker 7: And it has nothing to do with beings strong, our understanding or knowing much to do. It has everything to do with we all need help at some point in time, reach out and ask for help.
Speaker 2: Heart for Seniors dot org, Heart the word the number four seniors dot org sounds like a great starting point and just an amazing story. And I'm glad you're on the men. Jane. It's wonderful that you had a better outcome than that you were told about by your doctors. And it's a really frightening thing to know that doctors are maybe giving you bad advice. So Heartforce Seniors dot or Patty, God bless you and the folks there that are doing all this wonderful work advocacy, including the technology. Keep it up and I'll look forward to having you back in studio with the Cunningham sisters and a huge announcement next month.
Speaker 4: And you'll get to hear the video from Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right when they sing from my Mom, that's going to be so neat. Oh you have any concerts, amen, it's going to be cool. Have a wonderful weekend, ladies, and thank you so much for making the trip into the city to share the information and help encourage others to reach out and get the support that they may very well need. Heart for Seniors dot Org don't go away. It should be an interesting conversation. Say what you want about Larry Flint. Liz Flint, his widow's going to join the program after the top of their news to talk about hustlers fifty years of Freedom.
Speaker 1: That's the name of her new book.
Speaker 2: Plus in studio Kimberly from Saint Anthea, Patawa. It's the Mediterranean Food Festival time a year. We're gonna hear from Kimberly at eight thirty hopefully she'll bring me some food. Seven to fifty seven. Right now, forty five KRCD talks.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not going to be complicated. It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored