Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome. There's a wonderful Wednesday after him. In the Tri State Reds baseball last night they were impregnable, unbeatable, and they beat up on the Kansas City Royals. Play again tonight starting about six forty first bitch about seven forty, Ella Dela Cruz is sitting two home runs about total of about one thousand feet unbelievable. Off tomorrow then back out of Chicago. But until then, I try my best as much as I can. Every day or two to watch Liz Bonus and the Power of twelve the Medical Reporter, all the health issues going on, and I discover things like vaccines, when to take them, when not to take them, vacation hoarding. We're going to talk about that gloom and doom. We're going to talk about building testosterone and men and women, yes women, I think at some testosterone. Plus the new COVID nineteen variant spreads rapidly in the US. Experts warn plus we're told by the federal government that if you're a healthy child, don't get the vaccine COVID, and if you're pregnant with a healthy child, don't get the vaccine that is COVID nineteen. But the woman with all the answers is Liz Bonus. Liz Bonus, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing Liz, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: I am doing great and so far I don't think I've had this NB dot one dot eight dot one new COVID variant.
Speaker 1: Say that again? What is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Let me write this is so it's NB dot one dot eight dot one and it is going crazy in China right now. And you know what happens to us, Those lovely little variants for COVID don't understand the border control that we've been working on. Yeah, and it's already here. They've tested it in the free airport studies. You know, they know like where it is. Hey, have you ever gone into an airport and they said, let me swab your nose?
Speaker 1: It hadn't happened yet. I'm sure well at some point, but I'm not been swabbed in an airport.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: So just so you know, they have these sites set up especially for international travelers. So if you go to another country and you come back, they'll say, can we swab your notes? And that's how they find out like what variants are coming in and they're doing this around at airports, and this COVID thing has not stopped. I know, like you know, RFK Junior is saying that he doesn't want these vaccines for healthy people, and he doesn't want them for pregnant women. But there are variants that are coming here that we do not have immunity to. So we should be thinking that we should have options.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, is the new COVID vaccine which I will not take, by the way, I just I'm done with that. But should I be done with it? Because I'm like a normal, god fearing American. I took four or five COVID shots, did at all, And the last year or two I said to hell with it. Head on a cardiologist about a year or two ago, who said, the interior walls of cardiac arteries are being infected and weakened, either by either by COVID itself or by the vaccine or by pax slovin. We're not sure yet five or ten years we might know. I've had two or three buddies that got COVID, got the vaccine, did it all, and that they died of heart problems. I was told by doctor Fauci that if you get the vaccine, and Joe Biden said, if you get the vaccine, you can't get COVID and you can't pass it on the government's been misrepresenting the facts to us for so long. What do you believe, Liz Bonus? We rely upon you for the facts. What are the facts? There's a question in there somewhere. Can you answer it?
Speaker 3: I can answer it. So the current vaccine would cover you for this newest variant because it's like a cousin. Still if they're drifters. We've got some immunity, so you could get a vaccine, or if you've had COVID, you may have immunity to this. That is what we did not have when this virus first came out. Remember it was the novel virus. So you probably have some immunity now. And if you choose not to get another COVID nineteen vaccine, I'm okay with that, Okay. I will tell you that there are some populations, especially older adults. I mean, well, they like three hundred people a week are still dying from COVID nineteen. If three young people we were dying from chicken pox, we'd be saying something.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's like a fully loaded plane going down every week. Is what if there's seven forty sevens crashing every week, that'd be a crisis. So you're saying two hundred people, are they healthy, unhealthy? Or they're going to die? All of us are going to die anyway, But did they have something else? You know? What is it? Is it helpful?
Speaker 3: When I talk to our infectious to these people here, they tell me that most of the people in the hospital, which would be the ones who would at risk for dying from COVID still do have other comorbidities, do have other complications. So you shouldn't say nobody should get a vaccine, and you probably shouldn't say everybody should get a vaccine. I do like the idea of making it suggested for high risk groups, But the concern is that to say, you know, no kids need it isn't true either, because there are kids with comorbidities. And then to say no, price I know women need it isn't accurate either, because pregnancy is considered a high risk group. So what if you're pregnant and you have diabetes already, and you have several other major health problems, you know, you're now thinking, oh, I don't need to do that, and maybe you should ask your obgyn what that person thinks, because it may be something that you and your baby could be protected from. And there's all kinds of complications when mom gets that and a baby's in utero and gets it too. So I don't think there's a one size fits all, which is what we want to hear.
Speaker 1: You know what, I You have to rely upon your own doctor in whom you trust, and many people don't have doctors. There's a whole group of Americans living in the Tri State that don't have a regular activity with a doctor for some reason. I see doctors all the time. I don't know why. I guess I pay my bills and they want to make sure I'm probe correctly. I know my PSA numbers, despite Joe Biden, I think lying to us about not knowing he had stage four price day cancer. That's different issue. But if you don't have regular access to a doctor, there's a whole group of people out there, probably the majority of Tri State residents that don't have a doctor they can see every three to six months to check things out, and so they wait till a crisis happens, then they show up in an er and then it's too late. So you're saying, what do you say if you're a healthy woman with a healthy baby and no underlying conditions. Let's say you're twenty five years old and you're pregnant and the OB's telling you baby's fine, you're fine, you have no underlying conditions. Should you get the vaccine?
Speaker 3: I think that it would depend on if when you were pregnant. So say you're pregnant, and because again you can be healthy and that's still considered a high risk condition, and say there's a new variant now sweeping the country, say that one's coming in from China, that we don't have any immunity too. You should be talking to your doctor about what you what might protect you because if you get that new variant, you know you can end up in the hawk and it can do really harsh things to your baby. We know that from the flu. So I can't say nobody should now. I would like to think that if it's right now, when all my infectious of these people say so far our levels are low, then you know that's probably a reasonable thing not to have that. But you know what where do you ever go where there's one medical recommendation for everyone?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I think that we just want one thing to be the answer. And so it's kind of misleading to say, you know, we're not going to give this to or we're not going to recommend it for pregnant women, and we're not going to recommend it for kids. And it's healthy kids. You know, if you talk to doctors and children and they'll tell you they have a lot of children with, you know, several illnesses that they are very much at risk for lung problems and COVID could do horrible things to them. So they might recommend if there's a new vaccine that comes out in the fall, that a certain child would get it. And you know what they'll tell you is like if I could predict which kids would and which kids wouldn't, we wouldn't tell everybody to the problem is we don't know, and healthy people have died of COVID nineteen. We all know that. So I don't think that this is as cut and dry as we want to make it out to be. I think that when we started it was a broad recommendation because nobody had any immunity it was a novel virus. I think now you could argue that you have some immunity so far to many of the variants and if you're willing to take your chances. But you know, I got an eighty year old mama just got out of the hospital, and she's had COVID like three times. We'll not get the vaccine, and she has a chronic lung condition. She gets really sick. Like we're surprised every time she's been able to get out of the hospital. The next time she might not. And that's that's really scary to me.
Speaker 1: I get it. I'm a hairy ass man, and I'm thinking, you know what, I can withstand this. But we men tend not to want to go to doctors anyway, and just so we avoid that. I'll never go to the doctor and get good news, you know, I always go to the doctor. Well, you got checked, and men just don't want to go to Can you answer that question? How come you ladies love to go to the doctor but men don't. Can you tell me why?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I think it's the same thing about asking directions.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know it.
Speaker 3: So that was the thing that came out of you mentioned the Biden prostat cancer thing, and you know, all the doctors I talked about that said he may have not been getting regular tests for a PSA because it's not something that is necessarily something that every doctor does anymore. A lot of people think, if you want it, I'll give it to you. But it's not kind of a mandatory standard. And so he could have been tested when he was in the sixties and seventies and they stopped now and then he gets something very aggressive and in a very short amount of time. My oncologists have said that I've talked to, have said that that could spread quickly. And the first thing they said was nice, just go to the doctor, you know, like, just go and ask if that's something you should need. But I think it's because you were made to be the strong one. Like we take care of others. We don't take care of ourselves, and that's how you're wired. But in this case, taking care of you allows you to take care of others. So we know a lot more about these things now.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, let's move on a testosterone which is a big business. Many commercials you've seen them, I've seen them. It's a darling couple maybe in two bathtubs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. They're sitting there holding hands, I guess, naked in the bathtub, looking at each other, and the time is right, and you know, here comes sialis the bluepill, whatever it might be. And you had a segment about testosterone boosting foods. Instead of waiting for that special moment in a bathtub overlooking the Pacific Ocean with your wife or girlfriend, you can actually help things along with testosterone boosting foods.
Speaker 3: What are some okay, so this is interesting. Won't be a substitute if you were doctor measures your testosterone and says, hey, you need these injections because once you are low, it's very hard for any food to build something up. And that's true with other nutrients like calcium and iron and things like that too. But the best things and you're gonna love this, fatty fish and oysters top the list, those salmon, mackerel, tuna, like oysters and tell you they're good for Yeah, yeah, oysters, great sources of zinc. And we know that that is a mineral needed for testosterone to do we call synthesized in the body and kind of get to the place that needs to go, So start with your seafoods. If you don't need seafood three times a week, you're not getting up for your heart. You're not getting enough for the boys to be doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: Now, now you know someone you would know the answer to this. I am told to eat fish that swim at the top of the ocean, and don't crawl along the bottom because at the bottom there's all kinds of stuff going down there that these critters, I guess, like clams and shrimp, eat that. Salmon and tuna may not. Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 3: You're wrong. The reason we tell you not to do the bottom fishers is what do you always hear about bottom fisher? Not a not a good thing to do. Uh So when I think of bottom feeders, I think of catfish, you know that really like go along the bottom and clean it up. Shrimp is high in cholesterol, so we don't recommend you eat that three days a week. But it's a low fat, really good, high protein food. So I wouldn't tell you not to eat shrimp for sure. I would tell you that salmon and things like that are the healthiest of fishes because of those omega free fatty acids and those omega threes we think help increase the thoughts throw levels in the body. So good thing. Now, the problem is you can't only eat oysters and only fatty fish because you need other nutrients to get these things like all into your body. And so that means when in doubt, eat what.
Speaker 1: Lily eat a lot. That's chocolate.
Speaker 3: That's a guy. That's a guy thing. Win in doubt, eat broccoli. You don't know the answer, Yeah, greefy. Vegetables win every time. Whenever you don't know the answer, win a dicesian. I'm a dietisian by trade. So whenever a diceis nest, do you win it out?
Speaker 2: Eat?
Speaker 3: Your next words are always going to be broccoli vegetables. You don't like broccoli? Oh man, I can literally like sit down and eat an entire head of broccoli for a meal. There's a couple of restaurants in town. I can tell you right where to go for the best broccoli.
Speaker 1: Oh delicious, forgive me one. I'll talk to my wife. May she loves broccoli? Maybe, Yeah, where do I go?
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you like Jay Alexander's has some of the best broccoli could ever eat. Ruby's has some of the best Brussels sprouts, which would give you the same thing, you know, like you can get their bacon cooks and all that, but that doesn't take away the goodness spinach and green leafy vegetables. If you're looking for a good spinach salad. There's a couple of places in Covington where if you just go to those, you know, kind of you go down to the main district there and walk around, there's the best finish salad and all those leafy greens that loaded with magnesium and they boost your test fosterone. And by the way, women can have flow testosterone too if you feel sluggish and things like that. We often have many of the same symptoms, not the same cause, but like if you've had certain medical conditions, you're on certain medications or and sometimes even just with women in age, our testosterone declines too. So we should be eating all these things as well.
Speaker 1: How come all these advertisers and pills and clinics are there to help men to get things started, but the ladies, the women, the girls are ignored because I don't think there's like a little blue pill for women. I don't think women have the Women's Health Clinic, ready to do whatever to jump start thinks how come these things are focused only on men and not women.
Speaker 3: Why because you have greater amounts of testosterone, so when you drop you notice things more so than women. But the symptoms are often the same. But by the way, there is a little pink pill for women to see.
Speaker 1: You know what's it called a martini.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you haven't gotten the the same promotion as a little blue pill, but it can be taken with low libido. And the problem was that we didn't see the same pardon the pun boost in women that we did in that right in other words, like yeah, why when they look at sexual activity like on average increase you know, like two more times a month, whereas you look at guys and you give them the blue pill and it increases like twelve more times a month. So when when you make the comparison, it wasn't like this huge jump, but it was enough that some women said they experienced it. So just so you know, you or your spouse or your partner, you can both have these conversations and if you're not feeling the love, it's not a bad thing to go again. As you said, see a doctor imagine that, and your doctor can actually help you with the testosterone. Think you don't need all the special clinics. They can do that stuff too. Imagine that.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine if a guy takes takes a blue pill and a woman takes the pink pill, then what happens.
Speaker 2: You have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you have like some of the best nights you've ever had. I could use a few days after news or weekends or however you want is here.
Speaker 1: I can use it all right, Liz Bonus when he didn't get to vocate vacation hoarding. And I love the story you did on this guy that began in a dish room ends up as a nurse, which I think is a fabulous story because we need more of that. But once again, Liz Bonus, channel trouve. We got to run, but thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Next time we've got to talk about vacation hoarding and why some people do it. But Liz Bonus, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Hey, great to talk to you. Willie, pleasures all mine, go enjoy that little blue deal.
Speaker 1: It would be Liz Bonus, thank you very much. All right, let's continue with more news next at your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundreds WLW. All right, here we are again, You and I together is one marching forward to the light of a better day, we hope. Coming up after one o'clock, we've scheduled Brian Hamburg of the Power of Five. It was going to come on earlier, but the Ifour seventy one arson suspect, now a convicted criminal, is going to be sentenced at some point. He was in court this morning on the Ifour seventy one. According to media accounts, there's no reason given as to why he had a blow torch under I four seventy one. It was like on a lark and no big deal and it was fun. So we'll see what happens with that later on. We've also scheduled at some points Got Power to discuss things, and tomorrow I have on one of the attorneys representing police officers in the city of Cincinnati who suffered from race discrimination, and he's going to be here to talk about the lawsuit against the city. And I'm very confident that the allegations are true, but they're not accepted as real because his clients are white and not black. Therefore, we assume that a white lieutenant who's not promoted and against someone of a different color would get at the bottom of the deck, not the top of the deck. But of course the city can never admit that to that. But one of the attorneys on that lawsuit has a lot going on and going to report to you tomorrow on that. But until then, you know. The Medicaid issue, which is free medical care for those with lower incomes, is a favorite of the mainstream media that lies to you on a regular basis. One of the best comments is Chuck Todd of NBC News, who said in an interview, we knew what we were saying were lies, but we also knew that it would benefit Trump if we told the truth. And so the media doesn't tell the truth. They tell you politically what they want you to hear, irrespective of the facts. One of that examples is in front of me now out of the Columbus Dispatch, also the Cincinnati Inquired dot com. Trump budget would slash medicaid. How it would affect Ohio. Now, see when you see the terms Trump in some visions, that's bad. When you see slash, that's one of those words that's bad Medicaid, that's bad it's all bad. And so the story goes on to say, written by Haley D. Miller and Elizabeth Kim with a Sense on the Inquir headline, Trump budget would slash Medicaid said as many as a half million ohiouins could lose Medicare Medicaid coverage under federal legislation that aims to enact Trump's budget, the House pass Sweeping Budget, et cetera. And so you get into the story and you're thinking, Okay, what do you mean by slashing medicaid to the poor. Well, you know, everyone is entitled to minimal medical procedures to keep them out of hospitals, costing more money in the long run. So I'm reading what is required of those receiving Medicaid because we're talking about slashing Medicaid. Number one increases the frequency of eligibility checks to determine whether people still qualify for Medicaid. In other words, are you on legitimately or not. I would also point out that doctor Oz, who's with CMS and the government says that they can identify about one point three million persons who do not belong in Medicaid at all. Duplications, fraud, whatever it might be, Secondly, so is it a problem as a voter for you to have the government check on eligibility to receive Medicaid? Is not a problem? Answer that question? Answer the question yes or no? Right, the answer is no. Number two, penalize the states to cover undocumented patients patients in other words, illegals. So you know Medicaid is administered through the states, and many states never check on citizenship. You should know if you're not a US citizen, you cannot get medicaid. In other words, you're illegal. What part of illegal don't you understand? I'll ask you the question now, answer yes or no. Should illegals receive Medicaid? Yes or no? Correct? The answer is no. Number one, it's illegal. Number two, it's a magnet drawing people here from all over the world needing great medical care at your expense. So number one, this is slashing medicaid. Number one, we're going to check eligibility. Number two, we're going to try to make sure that you're a citizen before you get Medicaid coverage. Does that make sense? Well, I would hope. So how about this one? Number three? If you're able bodied adult, not a parent caring for a child, able bodied adult. They've passed a law which now says that to get medicaid you have to work work a three letter word work, or go to school, or donate your time eighty hours a month. So, if you're living off the dole and you're able bodied, and you refuse to work, you refuse to volunteer your time, you refuse to go to school, should you get medicaid or not? If you refuse to work and you're able bodied, what's your answer? Answer the question correct? The answer is no. Is that slashing medicaid? I hope not. Also, it says I think that's a basic element if you get government help, freebie, free housing, free food, free medical care, by the way, at your expense. The Republicans are saying, you know what you'atta get, y'all to work. The appeal is to a better life, not a safety net, not a hammock, but rather invest in yourself, create value for yourself in your community. It gives you a purpose, provide for your own family, your own offspring, something you should be proud of. It builds character and skills, get you get your moving. The Democratic vision is a nation where people like you depend on the government from birth until death. Everything in between. You might recall when Obama was running for office, he talked about I think her name was Jenny. The day she was born till the day she died, the government cared for her. Well, how about changing the rules that those of us who work, does that include you work and contribute to the system, have done things in our life ordered in such a way that we can pay our own bills, we can feed ourselves, we can buy our own housing, and we can spend medical premiums to get insurance. Well, you and I do that, right or shouldn't other people do it, especially if they're able bodied. So slashing medicaid? Well, number one, every now and then, let's check to see if you're eligible. Number two, let's penalize states that refuse to check on the documentation status of recipients. In other words, are you illegal or are you illegal? Number three? Work a four letter word. Work. Also, it would prohibit medicaid from paying for abortions and abortion services and repriductive health care. In other words, I believe that a human life begins at conception and ends at natural death. Do you, But at a minimum, if you act generally irresponsibly and get pregnant or cause a woman or a girl to get pregnant. Those of us who think abortion is the second cousin of killing unborn babies, shouldn't pay for your irresponsibility. Absent rape and incest, which is less than two percent of the abortions. The great majority of abortions are healthy mothers who kill their healthy babies, And damn it, I don't want to pay for it. Is that so revolutionary? Hell I don't think so.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: That is slashing medicaid. And it is possible that up to four to five million Americans who are duplicated on Medicaid rolls from different states, or refuse to work when they can and should, and or illegal immigrants are here. I think the motto auto be Democrats want Medicaid for illegal immigrants, Republicans want Medicaid for American citizens. What about that idea? I'd sell the contrast. I would tell voters that Democrats want to protect Medicaid for illegals. Instead, the Republicans want to ensure Medicaid is present for truly needy Americans while working Americans received expanded child tax credits. Would the media ever delve behind the headline? Certainly the in cair won't do it, or the Columbus Dispatch or NBCABC or CBS slashing medicaid. Well, I just went over. I would say eighty to ninety percent of US working Americans would say absolutely, that makes a lot of sense. Does it make sense to you? Damn? I would hope so change the headline. Headline is Democrats want to protect medicaid for illegals. Republicans went medicaid for needy Americans. There's the headline. Would you ever see that of the mainstream media needy Americans will receive medicaid, illegals will not receive medicaid. Wow, what an idea. Let's face it, work, isn't just something to pass time. Many many years ago I did some shows with Walter Williams, who was an African American conservative, and he was wonderful. I would introduce him at Sentas Center, introduce him down on the River, went to Dayton a couple of times. I love that guy. Frequent guest of mine. And Walter Williams developed two or three rules of life that if you do these things, you're gonna it's a roadmap to success. Simple things. He remarked that in the nineteen forties and fifties when he grew up as a boy in Philadelphia in a black community because of American apartheid in Philadelphia, he said, black school US Black communities, no guns, little violence. There were no locks on doors, there was no break in of cars, there was no bricks through windows. And it was a black community that did very well. So he developed a couple simple rules, and I would add one or two with him. If you talk about this character Jabbari Johnson, twenty three year old who tried to kill police on Fountain Square during the Taste of Cincinnati he had a gun, or talk about Ryan Hinton, eighteen year old boy who was shot because of his behavior. We're we're going to talk about that later. But the grand jury, a little birdie told me, is meeting tomorrow and Friday whether to indict the Cincinnati police officer. Think about that one for a shooting and killing Ryan Hinton. I regress simple rules of Walter Williams. I had at one or two for me. Number one graduate from high school? Is that difficult rule? Number one graduate from high school. I don't care if you go to use or Mueller or Simon Kenton. One graduate from high school Is that attainable? Is that difficult? Answer the question? Is that difficult? I hope your answers. No, that's not difficult. Number one, graduate from high school. Number two work wo RK take a job, show up five minutes early, stay five minutes late, and work. Is that difficult answer the question, No, that's not difficult, but you got to do it. I found myself the other day at Chick fil A in Oakley, and it's not a better run fast food joint than Chick fil A. I think it's fabulous, like the products. My wife even has meat and some of that green stuff I'm not sure what it is, spinach or kale or something. I'm not sure what it is. I and I looked around and I watched a whole bunch of younger Americans. May I use the term of color working And I said, number one, I bet they each have a high school diploma or are close to anyone. And number two, they're working. It fills up your time. It's a value that you must have. Work isn't something that passed the time to something else occurs. It creates value for yourself, your community, your family. It takes up a lot of your time. You meet new relationships, see things. And if those kids will stick with Chick fil A, it takes ten thousand dollars to buy a new Chick fil A franchise e. You got to work like a dog. But the only select one out of four hundred. But nonetheless, if that kid, a boy young man of color, would meet someone else there and get married, the two of them would make after a few years, one hundred thousand dollars a year. My rules Rules of the road. Number one, graduate from high school, number two work WRK, and here's number three. Answer the question, do not commit crime. Three rules. We don't need Irish Rollie. We don't need all the crap at city Hall. We don't need all the programs. High school graduate one, number two work, number three, do not commit crime, Ryan Hinton, do not commit crime. Jabari Johnson, do not commit crime. Whoever it is. Graduate from high school work and don't quit because it gets difficult or inconvenient. And number three, do not commit crime. Can anyone, almost everybody, unless you have a disability of one type or other. Can everybody do those three things? Raise your hand, let me see your hand right, high school graduate work, don't commit crime? And the fourth rule is, don't have babies, get till you get married and then have lots of babies. Don't need Ourie, don't need f ted pureval, don't need the Vice mayor talking about more summer programs, opening up the basketball courts, getting the swimming pool nice and warm, having all the parks for the rollerbladers going nuts. Don't need any of that. High school graduate work. Don't commit crime. Got a bing by the bing by the bang? Can you agree with you? Raise your hand? If you agree with me, raise your hand, Thank you. No more programs, high school graduate work, and don't commit crime? All right, let's continue line ever becomes available five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand and we scheduled our Brian Hammer coming up a little bit here. We'll see if he's out of court. I want to get a live update on what happened to the I four seventy one blowtorch that cause complete havoc on our community for months? And what do you do with these bums, these derelicts who I guess they claim they were just starting a fire for the hell of it. I don't know if I buy that much. A thirty foot blow torch took down large parts of the Tri States. So let's continue, and Bill Cunningham, the Great American with you every day. You're home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred wa of Now let's continue, now we never stopped and simply continue. One of the most disruptive events to take place and the Tri State was the burning of the I four seventy one bridge, and things came to a bit of a head this morning. Two suspects, according to Brian Hammrick of the Power of Five, charged in the fire, damaging and the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge, also known as the Big Mac, pled guilty this morning. The two were charged with igniting the flames, while two others accues of hindering the investigation. Terry Stiles plead pled guilty to arson sentenced to nine to thirteen and a half years in prison. Joining you and I now is that same Brian Hammrick of the Power of Five and Brian Hamrick. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Brian, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Thanks again, mister Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this morning. These suspects are not suspects anymore. They both both looked like total bums. Pled guilty and arson chargers tell the American people what happened this morning in common please court.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, they brought in these two people that are both charged with arson and this, but only one fleeted to the actual charges of arson. That was Terry Styles. He was guilty, fleeted guilty on both aggravated arson and arson. He stood in front of the judge and he said, I guess because the judge of sentencing him, he ends up getting sentenced to nine to thirteen and a half years in prison. But the judge asked him, you know, if he had anything to say, and he did. He said, he apologized and about a two line apologies said he apologized, and he said it was a stupid thing to do, and that was about it. The other person was Zachary Stump. He was also charged to the head arson charges, but he pleaded guilty to obstructing justice and that's a much lesser charge. He only face. Its like it's like nine to thirty six months in jail. They ordered a pre sentenced investigation, which means they're going to take a look at what this guy's doing, any other factors they need to consider before they do the sentencing. They're going to do that on June twenty sixth. The other two one of them was supposed to show up Teams Hamilton was supposed to be there, Noah's Caton h. Hall was supposed to be there, They continued her. James Hamilton also is going to be at a later date. So Hamilton's May thirtieth, Caitlyn Hall is going to be June fifth. So we don't know how those two are going to end up yet. But this is you know, this is something because they pleaded guilty, but yet we got none of the detail about, you know, why they set the fire. Was this something that was they were called and they had to start a fire where they'd upset with somebody and they started this fire with some sort of prank going wrong. We got no details on that fire. Investigators were there, prosecutors were there, defense attorneys were there, and none of them would say anything about, you know, what happened or how this are unfolded. Now there are two yet to go, so maybe they're holding on that until the other two go. But they're only charged with obstructing justice, minor charges, so I'm not sure exactly what they're waiting on to tell people what the problem was, why these people started this fire.
Speaker 1: Well, what judgement was it in front of.
Speaker 3: Judge?
Speaker 2: Think a locker, Pat Dink a locker.
Speaker 1: So he's one of the best. So he did not inquire. There's a great public interest in finding out what happened. The rumors were it was a homeless camp it wasn't properly shall I say policed, or it was policed. And this wasn't just a little campfire. Hell, this was a blow torch, a thirty fourteen blow torch. And Styles and Stump. Now there's two great names for you, Styles and Stump. Neither one of them said why they did it, Styles and Stump.
Speaker 2: No, neither one of them has said a word about you know why they did it. And you know, we stopped the attorney for Styles and she was not saying anything about you know what he had told her about watch. He said, oh, you know, it's a client attorney privilege, and I can't tell you anything about that. But there would have been I would think some of the things that they could have talked about. It would have been in part of that plea agreement that they could.
Speaker 4: Have talked about.
Speaker 2: But she wasn't giving up any of the information. Again, we didn't get it from any fire investigators. We're still reaching out to them. I'm hoping that maybe someone says something about it today. Uh Prosecutor's office has said nothing about it so far, So I'm not sure you know what the big secret is now that you know the really these are the main two guys. You know, the other two aren't even weren't even charged with arson. So so styles the main guy. He pleaded to arson. The other guy who was charged with arson pleads to obstructing. So obviously there's your main guy. This is going to be your guy that actually set the fire. But but why did it, how we did it?
Speaker 1: None of that.
Speaker 2: We haven't gotten any of that yet. So we're we're not done working on it throughout the day. But you know, I wasn't getting a feeling that we were going to get a whole lot more information. We still got calls in and text into the fire department, and they got some things going on over there. Uh today that are you know, taken away from the people we might talk to. Uh usually they get back to us pretty quickly, UH to at least tell us if they're going to be able to say anything else. The only thing I can figure is they got these two other cases, and they're just afraid to lay all the cards out until they've got everybody through the systems. That's the only reason I think they might not want to say anything just yet. But at some point you think they would have to say.
Speaker 1: Something the public would like to know. And Styles pled guilty to flown his assault many years ago, in fact shaking his girlfriend's infant son, causing severe brain damage, and he served eight years in prison for damaging the brain of his own baby. He gets out and of course he sets a fire. I like to know if it was homeless not homeless, that they intend to do what they did, or did things get out of hand, and that's out to be determined. Secondly, I'm with you on about one pm on Monday, the People's Judge and I, along with Sean Donovan, made our way down to the Taste of Cincinnati, not been there in twenty years. And as I'm leaving, I see your saddle up next there on Government Square to that bus stop that will of an infront, and you're talking to a police officer about what had happened several hours earlier. I guess about one am on Sunday described the behavior and what occurred here with this character known as Jabari Johnson twenty three years old running around with a gun pointing at a police officer. Describe that situation, Well, this all.
Speaker 2: Started with a series of car break in so you know, we've had these around and some of these have been incredibly violent and some of them have spun out of control. We'll take the one up on Warsaw, the Ryan Hitting case where he's running from the stolen car, has a gun police a pointed at them. He ends up getting shot. That sets off a series of events where Hammond County Deputy Lenny Henderson ends up getting killed. Charms is Hinton's father, Rodney Hinton, who runs over were the deputy because he's so upset or what he saw on this state. Not only that, but there are other these car breakings have become very dangerous. These these a lot of them are younger people, some of them teenagers, some of them fourteen fifteen. They're breaking, they're wanting the guns that they're looking for, the guns they're breaking in these cars, and most of them are armed, and they seem to be fairly indiscriminate and don't really care a lot about who gets in the way if they got these guns. And we've seen that proven over and over again. So what was happening over here as the Taste of Cincinnati was winding down was apparently they haven't tied all these together, but at least in certain tastes up on eighty screen, somebody gets car broken into. Police were there. Some of the suspects run after use a drone to try and get that guy. That's all like at nine o'clock. Then somewhere around eleven o'clock or so, there are some more car breakings down on Vine Street. Courts kind of up in that area. We're right near Kroger or where the main building is down in there, there's the skyline and Court Street down.
Speaker 3: And somewhere down and there.
Speaker 2: In fact, one person sees someone getting into his car. He goes over to say something. The guy for kens he has a gun under his jacket or under his shirt. Well, the car owner also has a gun. He pulls his gun out and basically says, all right, well, now let's just see who wants to shoot. Well, he held the suspect there until police got there. They made the arrest. But now we get into a little bit after midnight or so, just after the taste to shut down about an hour, hour and twenty minutes. Police are still looking for some of these suspects and they see them. They're wearing masks. You know, it's like you would think if you were trying to, you know, be cool, you would take the mask off after you weren't. But anyway, they spot the guys wearing masks down on the right there the fifth street where the metro bus depot is there, and they spot these guys and they go to approach them. Well, this whole group just scatters. Well, police pick one guy and they're running after him, and it's the Jabari Johnson. He's in his early twenties and he takes off. Well just yesterday evening, FOP released some video exactly what happened. Well, they start chasing this guy. Two police go and the officers go in different directions, almost run into the guy because he kind of comes around the corner if you watch this video, and then they end up pazing this guy. At the same time, this guy's pulling a gun out of his belt. You can see the gun go flying because he gets paid. But that guy, despite being pased and arrested, and charged. Is probably the luckiest guy in the entire state of Ohio, if not the country right now, because had he been just a little quicker on the on the draw, he probably would be dead right now because he was If he was going for that gun to pull it on those officers, you know, it would have been a whole different scene down there. Uh And so it was. It was a bit of a melee as they tried to get him under control, but they did make the arrest on him, and now he's facing charges related to the stolen cars and to the UH resisting arrest from the officers.
Speaker 1: And the officers pulled out the taser because they did not know that Johnson had a weapon on him about to use it. And you can't. I guess it's hard to pull out both of them at the same time. I don't know, you know, it's difficult. But they had the taser out because they didn't know there's a gun. If they knew there was a gun, they would have pulled out their weapon. They would have killed Jabari Johnson right on Fountain Square, in which case the civil rights crowd would have another celebrated cause of police brutality.
Speaker 2: Well, it would have you know, if they had known he had that gun, or he had pulled it or showed it earlier. And it's kind of interesting because the way the report, the jail report was written, it indicated that he did it, indicated that he pulled the gun and then ran toward the officers. But in reality, that's not exactly what happened. That's what we reported whenever we had that information, and that's the only information we had. We reported it accurately, and so what was on the paper. But when you see this video, you realize that's not exactly what happened. They actually and I've heard I didn't talk to the officers. I talked to people that did talk to the officers. They said they didn't even realize he had the gun until he pulled it. So when asked you out with he that's what happened. Case in his God, they've got this this taser out and they're using the taser because they don't know.
Speaker 1: He's on It's a split second thing like in the Ryan Hittons case. And you know, tomorrow, Thursday and Friday, Bertie told me the case is being presented him to kind of grand jury. And I got a problem with that because the prosecutor can only present a case to the grand jury that he or she believes is worthy of an indictment. There's probable cause to believe a crime was committed. And so we've had two or three other police shootings in the last six months in which the prosecutor's office did not submit the case to the grand jury because Connie Pillach, the prosecutor, believed that a crime wasn't committed. So she's not going to present the case to the grand jury because who knows, they're a runaway grand jury. They might indict, and she didn't want that because it wasn't legally possible. But I'm told she's going to present the case of Ryan Hinton to the grand jury. Sorry, And as you know, there's nine members of the grand jury, and it takes seven of the nine to indict the Cincinnati police officer and the hinted matter. And if that happens, all hell's going to break loose for the law enforcement community.
Speaker 2: Those are those are always interesting because they some some prosecutors will take everything in a brand jury, and then some want to decide themselves. And then I think I believe Connie Keillig is going to be one that may present some and may not present others. I remember, specifically the prosecutors out and remember Don White and Bloody Bryer when they were prosecuting out in Claremont County. I remember Don White told me one time he goes, I'm the prosecutor. I decide who gets charged and who doesn't. I don't need a grand jury to tell me who to prosecute. So his theory was, I'm going to do it, and then others have the theory. I want to say, maybe it's Butler or Butler and warn where they take everything to the grand jury and let them say it's a it's an odd thing. I just different prosecutors have different ways of doing it. So we'll see what happens in this case.
Speaker 1: Well not even June. First, we got a bunch of kids running around breaking in the cars. I'm watching it was either your station or Channel nine last night in Oakley. This one kid's walking around open up car doors in Oakley. And they had a video cam and the kid's got a looks like a glock in his right hand, opening up car doors in Oakley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to, Well we we and here's the thing we've seen how many of we seen go back to go back to these these kids that were breaking into the gun stores with the cars just over the summer, and you know, they were getting as many guns as they could carry. Uh, and they were carrying guns when they were doing this stuff. And then you've got the kid who was a college student mount Over who comes out, yeah, yeah, he comes out, gets shot and killed by the guy with the gun. There are multiple instances of these car breakings that have become unbelievably dangerous.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You know, I've got all my kids go to UC and I told him, you see something. In fact, one of my one son says, he just leaves his car open, and because they've been in it so many times, he goes every time they go in, they riffle through this stuff. But he didn't have anything in there. And I said, if you ever see him getting in your car, you don't even tell him it's your car, You just tell me. In my mind, I don't care because they don't care. They no sense of responsibility whatsoever for these folks that are doing these kind of crimes, and they're incredibly dangerous. And this is and here's the this is also the backdrop the police are operating under when uh, someone is breaking into a car. They're not immune to this. I know, they got to take every case as it comes, but the reality is they know that a lot of these people are armed and very dangerous. So you know, when you get an officer who's you know, who shoots him, somebody says, well, he could have waited another yeah, you know, half a second. Yeah, I mean, this is in the back of their mind whenever they're they're out there.
Speaker 1: And remember the.
Speaker 2: Kid with the gun, with no judgment, no ability to shoot, no training. Uh, he doesn't have to wait, he doesn't have to look at what's behind him, he doesn't have to consider anything. But when does he feel like shooting? And that's what the rules he's playing by and officers have to play by. You know, what is the entire scenario, How is this going to play out? And what are the legal ramifications for every single thing they do? They do, so they're trying to take you a lot more. I mean, you know, this isn't the Ard of West where the guy just shoots the gun out of.
Speaker 1: His hand and you yeah, he's good Brian without a run. But we live in dangerous time, so those of us that have cars, I say leave them unlocked. Secondly, if someone's around your car, walk away. Brian Hammrick, you're the best of this. And once again thanks for taking time this afternoon to come on the Bill Cunningham Show. Brian Hammrick. Thank you. I'll be watching tonight. Thank you, Thank im for cunning at Brian Hammrick is the best there is of what he does. So let's continue with more. Sad said, maybe we need programs for arm robbers and car thieves. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundreds WLW.
Speaker 5: The story remains still as important today as it was in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: The killing of Arambe put his name in the news. It's iconic.
Speaker 6: The main message of how do we help these guerrillas and the wild that still should be the main focus of the name Parrami.
Speaker 7: Oh oh hello, quiet, I'm I'm brought casting.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: There is only one day that justice Joe will not take my calls. Maybe means today's the day. This is it. I'm here with that way. Never never does he apologize yet for this. And it's been nine years, nine years, nine years. Where's that kid ats He's probably a teenager by now. Huh get him on. Did Joe save his life with bis? Think so? I mean the kid climbed through the fence, didn't he and fell into the pictures. Investigations going on about that too. That was a pretext to me, think what a pretext?
Speaker 8: What that me?
Speaker 1: Joe wanted to kill that age, is what I'm saying. He issued a code read from the golf course. You can't handle the truth. I'm just saying, I don't want facts to get in the way. In my opinion, how do you know about all this?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Joe. Well he built a career on this too. Look where he is now because of a rambe. How he got a big he had a point there down he got a big epe uniform off to the side. That's the one. That's the reason I'm here, Sharon Kennedy, look at a harambe. You know, next year, when it's Halloween, I think I'll go to his house and knock on the doors as a gorilla, give him a banana. Yeah, Joe Dieters has yet to apologize nine years later, and you haven't apologized for Huggins. So how long is this going to last? Nine years? What's the latest in sports. Will he the stude reporters approach service, every local tame Star heating and air condisiting dealers, Tamestar quality. You could feel it on the east side. Well, Clement's heating an air at nine three seven, four four four forty four one and Arambe got one of the head Where were you down here? I was watching it in the newsroom and you watch the murder of a Rambe and didn't response he gonna do? I mean, you're gonna He's gonna tear the kid in half. Don't confuse me with the facts. Please, Red's update. The Reds go for that sweep.
Speaker 9: Here we go again, up against those Royals tonight and six oh five Sports Talk RNL carriers, Inside Pitch at six forty and the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show after the game.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought that up. Pablo Torre sounds like a fancy wine.
Speaker 9: Is he pitching for the Reds? Oh no, that's that reporter that's all over, fellow chick. And what's her name?
Speaker 1: What's her name? Jordan Hudson. Jordan Hudson, Yeah, sorry, is a big story did in New York Post. Oh boy, Poble Torre threatens u NC with lawsuit I Belichick Hudson investigation. His investigation is ongoing. Why is he investigating? Is leading alone? The podcaster Pablo Torre Won't You Get Him On? Has become one of the most foremost experts on Bill Belichick's relationship with Jordan Hudson. Well, that's what I want to be known for, making a number of stories. Yeah, and he's dedicated two episodes of his podcast to the relationship. But he wants to hold UNC to account. He's suing the university because he's suing he use versy for Freedom of Information Act. Yes, he wants all the emails between Hudson, Belichick and the Tar Heels and including one Marty Brenneman. Bengal's update will he brought to you by Spirits and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals Ring of Honor Games set for Sunday, October twenty six against the Jets of the twenty twenty five Ring of Honor nominees. All are give me the names.
Speaker 9: Jim Breach number three, Yes, number twenty one, James Brooks, the Pride of Alburn, No. Number eighty out of Florida SEEC No. Number thirty three out of Arizona State. David Foltcha, Yes, number sixty two, sixty three, sixty two, sixty three offensive Lineman played for the President of the United States.
Speaker 1: Dave Lapham, Yes, sixty two. I think Montoya was sixty three, sixty five.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's the next one, Max Montoya, Yes, leap and Lamar Parish number thirteen.
Speaker 1: No, that's close to that number again, yes, one less of fourteen. Number eighty four out of Illinois. Bob Trumpy aka the Trumpster, Yes, and number.
Speaker 9: Reggie Williams fifty seven, fifty seven, number fifty seven former city councilman. No, Reggie Williams No, Okay, that's what I say, Lapham.
Speaker 1: I think Lapham and full Rock are at the top along with Montoya and Trumpy.
Speaker 9: Soccer FC Cincinnati hosting FC Dallas tonight as Lucho Acosta is back in town.
Speaker 1: Pablo wants the emails you get as part of the pack between a public university and the federal government. I need to see the emails between Belichick and Hudson. According to the podcaster.
Speaker 9: The Action on ESPN fifteen thirty at seven. Now, fans can vote to send their favorite FC Cincinnati players to the twenty twenty five MLS All Star Game sent for Austin, Texas, Wednesday, July twenty third. You can vote at mlssoccer dot com slash vote, and you can vote through Wednesday, June the eleventh.
Speaker 1: He wants to see more of the evidence about what he wants to see it segment This is important, Belichick? Is this gonna end well or poorly?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: This is going right down disaster Boulevard. Why can't Belichick see it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 9: He's probably looking at her twenty four to seven, wouldn't you? What about the p didn't matter? That guy's got more action than anything. It'll he count's serious action, doing more than singing high school baseball. We say congratulations to Andrew Visconti. Tossed a no hitter with thirteen k's for Mason a home of the comments as a beat Walnut Hills in ten nothing.
Speaker 1: Eagles probably stopped the game early. Nick Krawle, get a hold of young Andrew and get him on in the Reds rotation? Do you have hope for the Reds at this point? Yes.
Speaker 9: The Memorial Tournament begins tomorrow at Beautiful Mierfield.
Speaker 1: I watch Jack and Barbara being interviewed this morning on the Golf Channel. Scotty Scheffler the defending champ there, but Ry McElroy is not there.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: And actually that tournament started here. The memorial started at King's Island years ago when they were trying to they were trying to get on the tour. By the way, Pablo says, this is an important story that I will continue to cover. It's just an important story between Belichick and Jordan Hudson. What do you think I could care less tell you the truth? You I care? What about the rock? Rock cares a lot more than I do.
Speaker 9: Well, he's going to get that first game with North Carolina and he better tell he better come back with some stories about.
Speaker 1: Him and her. Have you seen the ring camera video of Belichick?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Why not? It's out there?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: You got to see it? My investigation has shown that he did a little booty call early one month warning in a place leased by Jordan Hudson, and he came out on the porch, shall we say, topless with his pants around his ankles. Oh not a good look. How am I to ask? That's for sure? What does she see in him? Uh, I don't know what is he seeing her? Believe it player. I'm just saying, these are the issues I worry about with Pablo Torre and I. The investigation has contingent on the show, and he's investigating. He's investigating the emails. He wants the emails, to study the emails. I don't you want to see him? Yes, I want to see him. I want to see him. He wasn't himself during the last year as a Patriot coach. According to his players, he was not himself.
Speaker 4: Who was he?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Was Jordan with him then? I don't I think in twenty twenty three he was still with the hess Oil magnet heiress, which was why do you stay with her? You got me.
Speaker 2: At this.
Speaker 1: Dion Sanders Colorado, Buffalo's UH wants to what he wants to get with Belichick and do a welfare check. Belichick needs a welfare check from Dion Neon Dan Sander, Oh boy, he needs to check on his welfare seg man, Yeah, how are you looking? Not good? I'm just saying, if Neon Dion gets in there, a welfare check of the every day around here, yes, that's pretty good. But we got more information. When the Rock comes in at two thirty five. If he does, we're gonna talk some more about Pablo Torre. Sounds like a fancy Mexican wine. That he's got a lawsuit now pending against North Carolina to get copies of the emails. Have you taken the case? Yes, I'd love this kid. What about the Magic Man? Is he take? Magic Man's doing magic tricks? He's eighty years old doing magic tricks? He said, yes, he was ninety. Corrected that I checked out. But Merlin Schivedecker is eighty okay, yesterday, it's still looking still doing magic tracks. Bring the magic Man in there, man in here. He'd love to represent Jordan Hudson on the break. Can you see the loss that she would have?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, it'd be two questions. So you know it's coming. It's coming at some point. It's going to be an ugly break, right, we know it's I mean it's it's it's gonna happen like a palimony deal. Bingo.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: He promised me this and I delivered that. What if it what if they have a prenup if they get married, Well that's another problem. Allegedly they're engaged now with a rock on her finger that looks like it's from Home City. Ice Belichick has put a put a put a ring on it Beyonce style. And I was going to say, that's that was a song. Yes it was, and it's Beyonce involved with P? Did he now we got issue?
Speaker 2: ISP?
Speaker 1: Did he not involved with He's got he had more girlfriends than you did. All I can say is we have issues everywhere segment, and I will delve into each one in a deep fashion. Alie, I know you will, I say, give me out of the Stude's report. We have Scott Powell coming up later about the budget deficit and more. Plus tomorrow I have one of the attorneys suing the city on behalf of quote white lieutenants for race discrimination. No boy, here we go, Willie and Outer of the Rids hopefully sweeping those Royals and headed to shy Town this weekend. Have I sweeping the Cubs and coming home. I've done my time. I want to know what is and isn't mine? And long live are Rambay. We leave you with the immortal words of the stew Report.
Speaker 8: Corona, Cincinnati. It's nothing about the past, nothing about the futures. Right now, we're tram Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: That's what he's saying to Pablo Torre. Are you gonna move here? Then he's coming to Cincinnati. Wow, Bill Belichick's that's all we need right here is Bill Belichick's show it with Jordan Hudson. You're not cat That would be the best. Yeah, to stay off Fountain Square, shake man, thank you, yes, sir, Let's continue with more of Bill Unningham these Radio seven hundred ww my Billy cunning into Great America. Of course, Scott Powell has very interesting columns up. You may check them off with Scott Powell. He's always on Discovery Institute. I have this one a couple of days ago from Newsmax with my friend Christopher Ruddy, and I looked at it and I thought, okay, I had not given this a whole lot of thought, and I know it's a big problem, and that is that through the nineteen eighties, the United States of America was in fact the largest producer of rare earth's until the nineteen eighties, with well known companies manufacturing these so called rare earth magnets right here and terribly important. Maybe not in the medieval times, but today for jet fighters, for submarines, for missile technology. It's critical and now we're producing none. Used to be the pebble mine in Alaska, or the Twin Metals and the luth complex minds in Minnesota, or the Twin Pines minds in Georgia. But the name of protecting the environment. Beginning with liberalism, with Bill Clinton, through Joe Biden and his the latest supporters of the radical green agenda, they bottled up and eliminated America's creating these valuable resources. Now about one are made in China. So we got hat in hand going to Beijing begging them for technology to keep our technology, our military technology afloat. And once again, Scott Powell, welcome to the Bill Cunningham showing, first of all, give us an overview of America's military and why these so called rare earth minerals are critical.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm I'm not a you know, you know, an engineer, a defense engineer, high tech engineer. But but rare earth have a you know, they have qualities that that kind of cross over.
Speaker 2: It's really what you know.
Speaker 7: There are rare earth that are used in the semiconductor industry, for instance, and they are about twenty, rare earth minerals and metals that are used in the production of high tech aircraft like the F sixteen, the F twenty two, the F thirty five, and then of course drones are really you know, that's a big part of the new you know, aircraft if you will, sector in the military because these are unmanned vehicles, they are cheaper to build and so forth. But I want people to understand, we have to frame this to really understand that it's the primary role of government to protect the safety and security of the American people. There's no more important job than that. The government can screw up on a lot of things, but it best not screw up on protecting the people. But this, in fact was the case prior to Trump, because Washington had abdicated responsibly to to protect and develop these all important rare earth elements that are critically necessary for the production of high tech military weapon systems. And where will we where we source them from from China. So think about that for a minute. We're sourcing from China the essential component components for our defense industry to fight China. Right there, there are primary enemy right now. They they are probably more more advanced in there thinking about how to take on the United States, how to take back Taiwan, And here we are relying on them to supply us these critical components so that you know, we can fly our aircraft to fight the Chinese. It's crazy. It's crazy that we allowed this to happen. So the article I explain how it happened. It happened because of the growth of this bureaucratic state. The government agencies like the EPA and the Department of the Interior, and most of the government agencies have been have been populated, if you will, they've been they've they've brought progressive minded people into these and all the federal agencies. And it stands to reason because these people, you know, they want to work for the government. They want to change society through government, whereas most people, you know, they want to go out and make money and have the freedom in the private sector.
Speaker 1: But so we have a we have.
Speaker 7: Government agencies now that are really at war with American people now.
Speaker 1: Which is why I think the Trumpster wants to do a deal with Ukraine. And this has taken us fifty years to get here. You have a great part of your column that says, over the past of fifty years, the Congress failed to properly oversee n IN and direct the Department of the Interior in the EPA to support national security priorities and goals. And of course, for the last four years or so, who was running the presidency. Nobody knows. We have a pollop bureau, including Hunter Biden, making decisions. And if the Biden family didn't financially benefit from overseas deals, they didn't make them, and so nobody was watching the store. We assumed for a long time because of Fair Traded Center, China was going to be our friend, beginning in two thousand and one when they joined so called the trade organizations. It's not turned out that way at all, and now we don't have the capacity to produce these medals. I've looked at the forty or fifty. Most of the names I can't pronounce, but I can't pronounce lithium and cobalt and radium and things like that. But there was a bunch of others and they all come from China, And I'm thinking, Okay, no one was paying attention now here we are about it's going to take not a year or two years. Scott Powell wouldn't it take ten years to be consistent to open up these mines in America and produce these these rare minerals right now, these global rare earth supply chain. It was we got into this thing long time. It's gonna take a long time to get out correct.
Speaker 7: Yes, it will. But I mean, if it became a national priority on a wartime footing, I think that we could get these mines up and running in two to three years. But we don't even know where all the where all the rare earth elements are because you know, mining on public land has been off limits, right and there's been no incentive for the private sector mining companies to pursue any of this, so they've just neglected it entirely. But I think we're a wealthy country in these minerals. And as a matter of fact, you know, China, you know, brings these minerals in from all over the world to process them in China. China is really the master at controlling supply chains. You know, they control the supply chain of lithium and lithium batteries. They control eighty percent of the cobalt produced in the world, and it all comes out of the Congo in the Africa and Africa.
Speaker 2: How did they do this?
Speaker 7: They did it because they have a concerted foreign policy approach that they are going they are going to control the world. They're certainly going to defeat the United States because the United States stands in the way of most of these tyrants around the world. So they want to bring us to our knees, and they control the supply chains they can do that. Look, they eighty percent of the of the photo voltaic panels that we all see in acres and acres of defaced which used to be you know, pristine farmland is now covered with solar panels. And we've just learned that in these solar panels and some of these so there's a back door for China to basically turn it all off, right, I mean, it's unbelievable how how naive we have been we have you know, we have a determined enemy that wants to be able to defeat us without firing a shot.
Speaker 1: Well, you have also a column a few days ago about America's financial strength and its national security, and I read a piece by Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, and he points out that our financial security is tied to getting down federal spending, which seemingly cannot happen. God knows if the Trumpster and House a leader in the House of Johnson and the Senate tune. If they can't do it, it can't be done. And I'm reading these numbers. Forget about the rhetorica Scott Powell, forget about the chainsaw, forget about DOGE, which I think is doing great work within their parameters. But Ron Johnson points out in this column that the and this this fiscal year that ends September thirtieth, the Federal treasure is going to collect about five trillion dollars from US as taxpayers. But that's going to be about two trillion dollars short. And even if and right now it's thirty seven trillion, and looking for the next ten years, we're going to add at least twelve to thirteen trillion. In the year twenty thirty seven, we're going to have fifty trillion dollars in national debt.
Speaker 7: And uh, it's unbelievable. But here's the issue. Everybody has to understand this. Take the wisdom of Warren Buffett. You know, he was the master investor and his key and he said, you know, it's it shouldn't be a secret. But the power of compound interest is the chief driver of success investing. And what that means is what he did was he bought high quality, dividend paying stocks, he held onto him he and reinvested all the dividends, so he never took the cash out. He reinvested in more shares, and then those more shares generate more dividends, and the dividends get increased every year. So it's it's like a virtuous engine of growth. Well, the opposite is that you have debt and your and and to service the debt, you have to borrow more money to service the debt, and so you create more debt to service the existing debt, and so it goes worse and worse and worse until the system collapses, and it will collapse. It will come there comes a point where you can't borrow any more money and you have to default on your debt. Then what happened?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 7: Then what happened?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 7: The financial markets are will we'll go through a total convulsion. And you know, if you own land, and you own your house, and you own some gold and you own assets, hopefully you can survive through it. All, but the currency will become worthless and then we'll have to have a reset. In other words, if there will be massive defaults that will never be made of. It's sort of what's happened in Argentina at various times where they've done devaulted on their debt and they don't go out of business. They just say, well, sorry, we can't pay you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that means but what does that mean when the default happens. I'm not saying if it's going to happen, but when it happens. Give an example, in the year twenty twenty, which wasn't exactly decades ago. I'm talking five years ago, the federal government spent four point seven trillion dollars in the year twenty twenty. This year had collected five point one trillion. If we go back to twenty twenty spending levels, we'd have a four billion dollar surplus to pay off the debt. Instead, all I hear from the mainstream media is there's cuts the Medicare, there's cuts the Medicaid. Rich are getting a tax cut, the poor are going to go hungry. I hear all this crap, and the media doesn't tell us the truth, which is where we are financially, and you point that out in your column, and I'm thinking, why can't we deal with reality?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, there are two things about human nature. One is the normalcy bias. And normal advice is simple. It says that whatever was in the past, it gets projected on the present in the future, that everything was okay in the past. Yes we had deficits, but it wasn't so bad and we muddled through, and so it's normal. It's still normal. Our deficits are just part of life. And then the other part that kills us is the is the tendency of people to deny problems. You know, the people are in denial of problems. We're in denial that were going bankrupt. We're in denial. Who talks about that?
Speaker 1: Well, all I hear about is cut to Medicare and Medicaid, which is the slight slowing of the increase. I'll give you some numbers. I mean, this isn't Democrat Republican. The average deficit each year under Barack Hussein Obama was nine hundred and ten billion dollars each year on average. Under Trump, who I love and respect, it's going to be two trillion dollars a year. It's going to double the deferences annually under under Biden and under under Obama. And of course Biden averaged one point nine trillion over his four years. So essentially Biden added eight eight trillion, and Trump's gonna add in four years eight trillion, and Obama in eight years added about eight trillion. He was there eight year.
Speaker 7: None of that jet's gonna be retired, none of the words we're gonna not We're gonna be crushed by interest payments. Well, you know, there's no getting around. You have to service that. You create more debt, you've got to service it. You've got to pay the bond holders. And if you don't pay them, your default, and if you default, then every it's you know, it's turn out the lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll take a wheel bear full of money to buy a loaf of bread.
Speaker 7: That's what happened with the with the with the German mark after World War One?
Speaker 1: Why are we dealing with Whenever I hear a newscast, I hear some some newsreader tell me there's cuts to medicaid because the rate of increase is slowing because of all the way fraud and abuse. I want to jump through the radio or the TV and say are you are you stupid? Are you that stupid? Of course there's no cuts, it's a slight decrease of the increase. But I'm reading from doctor Oz who said they've discovered there's fourteen billion dollars and duplicate payments made in one year on medicaid. I'm reading this other ninety three billion dollars the EPA between the time that Harris lost and Trump came in, the EPA shoveled out the door ninety three billion dollars that the democratic activist groups we never ever deal with reality.
Speaker 7: The political corruption is is so out of control that I mean, those we both applauded and people should go, but you got to keep going. I mean, the the corruption, you know, the the the misallocation of funds and the redirection of funds is just unbelievable. It's it's outrageous, and you know, it's all being done by this so called entrenched deep state. And they use this redirected money to pad their not only had their own wallets, but to you know, but to run to run it back into the political system to get their cronies re elected.
Speaker 1: And I'm watching it now, and God blessed Trump and Mike Johnson and Senator Thun and all the rest. I respect Rand Paul that the two House of Representative members who did not vote for this last week was my friend Warren Davidson I have him on quite often from Ohio and Tom Massey from Kentucky. Two voted against it, saying, because you know what, there is no cut in federal spending, there's an increase. They both agreed to it. I watched Senator Johnson of Ron Johnson or Wisconsin with Christopher running on Newsmax. He's saying the same thing he said. I love the way that Speaker Johnson is acting boldly. One of my disappointments with the House is about the only number we have now is at one point five trillion reduction over ten years. That's one hundred and fifty billion per year. He calls that a rounding error. When you owe fifty trillion dollars, round it, it's nothing.
Speaker 7: And everybody needs to understand that as the death grows, we get ourselves into an irretrievable dynamic that ends in bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: It's a death spiral.
Speaker 7: It's like a plane going down it's a debt death smiral, that's right, and it can't you can't turn it around. So I hate it asimist.
Speaker 1: I want to be objective. I don't want to be optimistic. And the idea that over the next ten years we're going to grow a way out of this by incentivizing Morton the numbers are too big.
Speaker 7: It won't work.
Speaker 2: They're too big.
Speaker 7: They're too big. The only way we grow our way out of this really is increasing the revenue side. And Trump has some very creative ideas. Sure, for instance, this Golden Disa program. Sure, probably, Sure, there are enough people that have signed up for it now to basically bring about a trillion and a half dollars into the treasury.
Speaker 1: We need a cut federal spending. We got to go back to twenty twenty levels of federal spending whatever it is now, we got a surplus. Well, Scott Powell, all your stuff is just google your stuff. I have it all in front of me. You do great work. And when it comes to rare earth minerals, but this death spiral is something that is the most predictive catastrophe ever to strike this country, and we're not dealing with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, let's close with this. There was once a guy asked, well, just how did you go bankrupt? And you know what his answer was, Well, it was slow at first, and then all of a sudden, you're bankrupt.
Speaker 1: That's where we are.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what's going to happen to the United States. We're we're going slow now, even though the debt is increasing, the deficits are level or increasing, We're servicing more and more debt and we're muddling through. It appears, and then suddenly it will be you know, there'll be a default and then.
Speaker 1: You go bank disaster. Scott Powell, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Will do it again. Thank you, Scott. Okay, thank bleasure. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham with you every afternoon on news radio seven hundred WULW.
Speaker 4: I'm here without the roun bag, but he's still on my loll in mine. I think about who run Bank and dream about him all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm here without the.
Speaker 4: Rounday, but he's still with me and my dreams.
Speaker 1: And tonight it's roun me. Hello, quiet skulls, I'm broadcasting. You know, normally calls me about three to four times a day. No calls from Joe Dieters today he's being ready. Oh maybe he's at the vigil for Harambe. I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: Maybe the rocks there, along with the pebble rock rock took the kids. I'm going to celebrate the life and times, you know, the big h He lives now only in our memory segment. And what a memory it was. Bananas.
Speaker 1: He loved the apples and the fruit and everything, living his life until Joe Deeters put a code red on him. And don't bother me with the facts about this kid. Joe Dieters wanted him Deadna Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's nothing about the past, nothing about the futures. Right now, we're praying for Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Belichick's coming to Cincinnati. Oh well, how about that. We can't wait for that. Wait, what what we got? Breaking news? Chuck is speaking for Joe Deaters. Wow, I didn't know Rona Cincinnati. Oh okay, Well, well, Joe's on the bench right now in Columbus. I can say whatever I want about him. You'll never know, will he The student reporters of Proud Service every local Tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers. Tame Star qualitay.
Speaker 9: You could feel in beautiful Northern Kentucky called Tom Rick and Heating and air Conditioning at eight five nine two six' one eighty two sixty nine. But Reds go for that series sweep tonight Willy with Hunter Green on the mound against those Royals covered six oh five Sports Talking Lance are no carriers inside pitch at six forty Kelsey Chevrolet Extrading Show after the game Now Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals Ring of Honor game is set for Sunday, October twenty six against the Jets. The Ring of the Ring of Honor nominees are number three. Jim Breach yes, number twenty one, James Brooks No. Number eighty, Chris Collinsworth No. Thirty three, David Folcha yes, number sixty two, Dave Lapham definitely yes sixty five, Matt Max Montoya definitely yes, number twenty, leap and Lamar Parrish no. Number eighty, Bob Trumpy yes, number fifty five, Reggie.
Speaker 1: Williams fifty seven.
Speaker 9: Sorry no, let's see cam Sample has said on his ex account today the Bengals defensive end. He's officially cleared to play after suffering an a chill each injury you have an MRI or what we got a list to have there. That's all I got. While they have a couple of couple of Bengals are still hurt, but not as the injury. Repre is not as long as I seventy five like the Reds.
Speaker 1: What about Cees. He's in Louisville right now rehabbing. Singer was pretty good like with his with his he had inflammation in his back and he's got to go see doctor. Bob Ernst can solve his back problems by sticking a needle and debt debting his nerves around his lumbar L five and L six and L seven. Earnst knows where to put the needle.
Speaker 9: Longtime Fairfield High School football coach Willie Jason Krause is retiring why twenty thirteen GMC Coach of the Year was also the boys and girls track coach at the Home of the Indians at Fairfield for thirteen years.
Speaker 2: He was at.
Speaker 1: Middletown at one time Middle Tucky, and he coached Jalen Marshall, Kyle Schwarber, and former NFL running back to Sean Win. How about this one, rumors swirl and chapel Hill. But Phil Belichick is preparing an exit from the football program and will pay the university one million dollars. Well, then that's the reason why. That's the reason. It's either two things today with the rock he's staying away because of that story. Or two he's got the pebbles and the family up at the zoo today for her Rambe vigil remembrance of that great in a moment of silence when that bullet was fired from the wedding at the time, I remember, I don't know getting a text here. Maybe maybe that's maybe he is listening on the bench. Joe is listening. Oh okay, he said, if you mentioned a Rambe one more time, I'm never calling you again.
Speaker 9: Uh sucker, FC Cincinnati. Since he'll call us again, you're crazy, can't.
Speaker 5: This story remains still as important today as it was in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Thank you put his name in the news and it's iconic.
Speaker 6: The main message of how do we help these guerrillas and the that that still should be the main focus of the name.
Speaker 1: That's what we've been saying for a long time. I was like a mortalist. He thinks life is worthless. He should kill people. TQL Stadium.
Speaker 9: The site willis FC Cincinnai is gonna host a Luco Acasta in FC Dallas tonight at seven on st.
Speaker 1: Luco returns He's coming back. Will he be welcomed or booed? I think he'll be welcomed. You did a lot of great things for the hit for the squad. After seventeen days of torture of this uh cyber guy, what's last? Gay crack cut leg with a saw, urinated on him, AirTag CPS located tied to his neck, and put electric wires in private parts of his body to get his password. Sound like pulp fiction? Wow with Bruce Willison. I'm gonna go Medieval on you. That's one of the classic lines Bruce willis one of the classic lines in movie Instagram One big guy, I'm going to go Medieval on you. But bought them go Midievil on your ass. Vans can say, give me, give me some screw, give me a wrench, screwdriver and a blow torch. You know that's gonna be a bad day right there. That's gonna hurt torture more ways than one bitcount the bitcoin? Did he get the did he get the They never got he never got the password. This guy took a lot. Then he comes out only in his underwear with blood oozing from every orifice, and the police then believed him. He was tortured for days to get the bitcoin password, and he refused to give it up even when there was drills plasted near his ears. The sound of drilling going on in your brain.
Speaker 9: More soccer fans can vote to send their favorite FC Cincinnati players to the twenty twenty five MLS All Star Game that set for Austin, Texas, Wednesday, July twenty third. Votes for voted mlssoccer dot Com Forward Slash vote and fans can vote now through June eleventh.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, he's got a text attachment from Joe Dieters. Uh oh, you be Jesus. At least he's still talking to me. How about this Pablo Torre, here we go followed a lawsuit yesterday in New York. We need a sounder and a Bill Belichick report threatened you see the Homer Marty Brenahan, Bob with a lawsuit amid is Bill Belichick. Jordan Hudson Investigation Pable. Torre is a podcaster used to be DSPN for years. Yeah, he alleges there's numerous email communications. Uh huh between Jordan and Belichick that have not yet been made public. You want to read that stuff. I want to read them. Yes, you think it? Do you think it might have something to do with love? Well, he find he wants to find out uncovering more details surrounding their relationship. What's this guy going to write a book? U N c owed him very response to multiple public record requests by Friday. Otherwise he's going semi nuclear and he will hold them to account. He says, who's going to hold who?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 1: Torre will hold the tar Heels to account. I'm sure they can't wait to hear from this guy. I'm sure they can't. I'm sure they can't wait. He said. The relationship so far has been vague and ambiguous. We need more information. Just leave Malone. Will you want to get your information?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I don't want any more information. Four year old man seventy three and twenty four whatever.
Speaker 1: In fact, he was sitting next to the father of Jordan at the Miss Main competition and the father of Jordan is young enough to be the son of Bill Belichicks. She finished third, Yeah, finished third. I tell you about miss Maine. She has an advanced degree from the School of Cosmetology of the State of Maine, an advanced degree and hair. This will not well.
Speaker 9: This is going right straight down Disaster Boulevard and then you turn to uh, I don't know, I don't know what street is on nd.
Speaker 1: It's a bad one. But according to pable Torre, we want to know because public money is being used to enhance and encourage this relationship and stand an operating procedure and feel like we're not obliging legal obligations if they do not disclose this information. Is he was the one that said the North Carolinas said to him, keep her off the sidelines. Then the tar Hills said that's not true. So Belichick may counter suit for defamation of character. Let's cover that one second. What happens on this show every day with the Magic Man with Scottie Crosswell and Joe Dieters. Let's get the Magic Man, that's the super team there, get him involved, get that suit, get bad to get that super team in there. Like more information. Shapiro and Johnny what's his name with Johnny Cochran with the O. J. Simpson about that crew. Also Flee Bailey hit got bad. Remember that that day he was here almost choked on his food. We were giving it. He was hungry, and he said, you got something, you know what we have pizza or something. Yeah, and he started he starts eating it and he starts turning blue and coughing. I'm going he's gonna drop over right here in our studio. I said, Sam, let's take a break, take a break, and I had to do mount the mouth on a fleet Bailey athlete. Bailey dies in the studio. The stud report, No, no, wait, we wouldn't get over that one. No, I don't think so I gave him out the mouth. Why didn't you give a flee Bailey mount the mouth? Well, you were first on the list of on the alphabet Willie down by the bottom now Cuttingham and Dennison CD. If that would have happened, if you passed out and died. I almost dialed nine to one to get Tom Weedman, get the weed man here with a hearney from the boys to get this. No, this was no just no joke. I mean he was choking. He was choking. Yeah, I said what do you do? And he said or something he's pointing out. Oh god. I got behind him and tried the homony maneuver. That didn't work. Then I had reached down his throat up to my elbow and pull out a chunk of pepperoni pizza. Who thought something? I didn't think that was gonna happen that day? Did you know? Ba here Stuoge report. That's when Steve Adams brought him in for col work. Got the inside scoop on the O J. Simpsons with Kardashian and h Johnny Cock ran and and uh Douglas and those guys unbelievable and Marcia Clark unbelievable. I say, give me out of the Stuge report. And we continue to follow poble Torre and his investigation of Bill Belichick. And don't forget the bet I have with the Rock that Bill Belichick will never coach one game at UNC. That's right, that's probably another reason why he's not here. And that report out of Chapel Hill that he's negotiating an exit. It's not good for the recruits, which.
Speaker 9: Will slightly Yeah, yeah, they still get ni own money if they leave or they got to pay it back or is that going to be in.
Speaker 1: The courts too. It'll be soon. Lawyers are making a fortune out of this deal. And wait till he impregnates are in their as a baby. Oh, now we're talking. I hope it looks like her than him. Looks a little rough, especially in a ring camera. It doesn't look good. Frank Ziebell wants me to send him a video of Bill Belichick on the on the doorstep of the Airbnb rented by Jordan Hudson for their love. He's standing there like with hardly nothing on and on and people. This is not not a good look. Surprised me the internet didn't break them. Not a good look, seg man, No I segment. Give me out of the suits report? Please?
Speaker 9: Will he and utter of the red legs getting out the broom tonight against those royals?
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report. But I don't know anything about it. Oh that was Belichick. He's telling Pablo Torres. He don't know anything about Pable Pablo Torre whatever he's got lawsuits pending. Have to get more information about this star Cross couple. You can't somebody that.
Speaker 9: You know what, all this is gonna go down right down Disaster Boulevard and this guy's going to write a book and he's gonna make thousands of dollars a hollow thank you, bingo.
Speaker 1: What about Jordan Hutspit Billy and Jordan. I can just see it now, And if Playboy magazine was around, she'd be missed September. They're not around anymore.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I love the video of those two, the photo of those two on the beach, but she's in like, uh, impression impressionistic Dan and he's doing some crab act and I'm going Bill Belichick. Even Tom Brady's making fun of the guy, which is pretty good. Sh I'll go back to football. Well he's trying to go to football. But oh yeah, that's right there. Yeah, seventy three years old. That's pretty old. He should retire by the time you get seventy seventy three, you should quit, shouldn't you. Segment, Yes, no question about it. Segment, Thank you very much, sir. Let's see what happens later in this never ending story. At least we hope it never ends, you know what I'm saying. That's for sure, let's continue. You don't want it to end, well, I mean I don't want to make fun of anybody.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: And remember the Big h today and every day in your prayers. He died and his memory now lights the corners of our mind. He is alive now only segment in our memories and what memories there were before. Joe Dieters put a code read I'm here with that six years ago today like you said nine nine years ago today Joey does who on the golf course and a Conrad for number sixth I'm here with you playing golf with the buzzer over with me, he said, put him down, put him down, and tonight it's home made me in your memory Joe seven hundred w eld