Speaker 1: Uh, here we go, Here we go with Bruce Burry Dave Johnson. It's first eleven, yes, eleven minutes or less. We give you the latest on DC and I is we get set for the New England Revolution on Wednesday night. Now, yes, it was a letdown after that thrilling Open Cup win in two nothing lost of New York Red Bulls and DC and I is struggling to score in league play. We'll get to that in a moment. But at the other end of the field, Louis Barrazza now broken.
Speaker 2: Up in midfield, the Red Bulls a ball through to Valencia, Valencia, I'm winning. A foot raceman rolls to flex across, but now it comes to force Worth.
Speaker 1: Barazzas stones up ten yards from the Endlins, Bruce Burray, what are you seeing from Louis Barrazza as he has really secured that starting goalkeeper role.
Speaker 3: First of all, he's a veteran of six years and he's seen pretty much everything. And you know, his positioning is really good, you know what. I call him as quick as Kim latterly know. But he's at this point a better a goalkeeper, better option at this point right now.
Speaker 1: But finishing has been a challenge.
Speaker 2: Kajima goes now through the box to murlw Meryle Jurns left for a shot saved by Cornell Oh twelve yards twelve yards a goal and left foot a shot by Merle is saying.
Speaker 1: By Cornell, Jacob Murle working so hard, just not able to finish.
Speaker 4: You got to be a killer. You just have to.
Speaker 3: You have to find a way to get it in the back of the net. The shot that Jacob hit, he did everything right, and then the shot wasn't of the quality necessary to be. You know, a goalkeeper like Cornell we're talking of, we expect because we've seen these goals. We expect more, you know, like we expect we expect him bope out of out of Jacob.
Speaker 4: But you know he's not. He's two years in the league. Man, he's twenty two years old, Dave.
Speaker 3: They have to run a basically what you would call a three man weave in basketball. They have to have three wingers in front of eight. The eight defend. If you can get up the field, great, if not, stay back let those guys run. It's what the national team does because they don't have Josie Altador, they.
Speaker 4: Don't have Brian McBride.
Speaker 3: They don't have that big center forward that they need, uh, and that is what we have to do. We cannot hit and hope to Jacob Merle, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: It's just going to.
Speaker 3: Continue to keep coming back to you and eventually it's attrition. Eventually is going to kill you. It's gonna it's gonna you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna blow up and they're going to score.
Speaker 1: And you know all too well about turnovers, turnover.
Speaker 2: And Schoper mulching play said, why now the Carmona left of the area, Carmona fob of the box, Foursburg Firs springs at the Harper, Harper the shot, the goal, tampern Harper scores, turnover leads to a goal.
Speaker 1: And for Lucas mcnonten.
Speaker 5: I think just limiting the transitions and the giveaways and trying to play in their half. What they're really good at is second balls, playing over the top, playing behind you, making you uncomfortable in whatever situation that is. You see, when their center backs have the ball, they don't really think about playing through balls, playing through the middle. They just want to put in behind you and cause you trouble. And so if you limit your mistakes.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the hard part.
Speaker 3: You immediately have to you know, get everyone galvanized. You know, where do you need to be. Lucas Parlan does a great job as a communicator. Like I said, you know in the pregame, is probably a little bit wrong and skewed, saying fifty percent of the time.
Speaker 4: But man, you give it away in this league, Dave, they'll punish it.
Speaker 1: Now getting back to that thrilling Open Cup victory. Yeah, DC and I one on the day but lost their pizza money.
Speaker 2: We're still buzzing about the other night and we can do that. L Abana putting the ball on the spot. Jordan Varn has made three saves in this penalty shootout. Whistle sounds Abana of pumpts and inside Jordan far Fur saves time in.
Speaker 1: The quarter finals for these you.
Speaker 2: Jordan Farr makes four saves to allow DC and I had to advance their quarterfinals. Now, you know, teams have fun. This is camarader You had a little you have some a pot of money based on who's late and fines and that type of thing, and you've you've lost it all because of Jordan Farr.
Speaker 5: Well, first, of all, thank you for having me. Yep, and uh yeah, funny story. I mean, when when a keeper gets subbed into a game, you know he's done amazingly in training. We obviously pactice penalty kicks and you see that he's he's got reflexes like a cat. He's jumping all over the place and making it safe. So coach's decision put him in, and us watching from the from the box, we're saying, you know, we have this pizza party and then in the year, if guys come late, we get fines and we start betting this this big pot of money, saying Jordan's gonna save two penalties and end up saying four, so we lost all the money. But yeah, he's he's a legend already in this club.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we can get a bunch of supporters together. We'll throw a pizza party for Jordan and the rest of you. Because that was a night to remember for DC Night.
Speaker 1: And that's why we show up or tune in. You never know what to expect. DC toned New England Revolution. It is Wednesday Night, seven fifteen. We start on coverage with Bruce Marie of course on Iheartsports DC iHeartRadio app and you can sync with Apple TV. As always, thank you for your time with First eleven and please spread the word we're here for you. Air every week.