Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: So maybe this is something that's like already out there. It's well known and I just didn't notice. But they're listening to everything that comes into our phones, right, and I say they I guess, I mean just like apps and whatnot illuminati, because I mean, there are certain things that you can make sense of, right if you are looking at something on your phone, like you Google search something, or you are consuming content that is of you know, like if you're looking at real estate stuff. Then when you go to other apps or you are using you know, just your phone and there's advertisements, it's going to it's gonna know, to give you ads for something that you were more likely to click on that you've already been looking at, like there's there's I mean, I think it used to be why are they targeting me with this? When I used to run a website, I used to think of as funny when people with screenshot, Well, why am I seeing this ad? Why are you advertised with this? This is disgusting? Well, it targeted you for that because you clearly cons like you've looked at something like that before. But anyways, I am I'm not even kidding you. I will think of something in my head.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking it up. I'm not I'm not asking for it. I'm not even saying anything out loud. I just I think of it in my brain and then I go to my phone and open up Instagram, Facebook or TikTok in it it read my mind yep. So I know they're listening, But as far as like what they can gather from my brain, I don't know how they're doing it. Maybe it was that chip they put on us when we took those COVID shots of course, vaccines, Like, maybe that's what it is, but it is amazing. Look, I don't I mean, maybe that is a real threat to security and I should be worried, but I don't care. In fact, it makes it pretty easy if I'm going to platforms, apps, whatever it may be, and they know what I want. That's gonna make it a better experience, to be honest with you. But two examples. Yesterday I had a buddy of mine text me who said, when I shared the story after I got here yesterday, I ended up hitting it was a very bad scenario, and I still feel terrible about it. But I got into the far right lane on Broadway, right in front of a bus stop, and somebody was walking inch inching closer towards the street to I guess see if the bus was coming, and I hit a puddle with my vehicle and it it monsooned over and looked like it looked like they were experimenting with a new ride at her Cane Bay, and I mean it, I felt terrible. But then somebody, my buddy texted me while listening to the show and said he popped open I think it might have been Facebook or TikTok, and like one of the reels he saw was something like that happening. I swear he sent me the screen shot. He sent me the screen shot.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So and then today what we talked him good earlier Valentine's All Time restaurants Hooters. I go to break there. The first thing I when I when I opened up Facebook during the break that the first thing I saw was somebody posting that they're at Hooters today and they're working somebody. I mean, like, that's that's insane. And I know that I'm not the only one that has had that happen, you know what I mean. I know I'm not the only one that has been Like how would they know that? Like, I'll think of something I haven't seen for a while on TikTok, I keep scrolling there. It is so again, it's convenient, but it's also kind of scary. But I don't feel like there's any like, if you want my info, my day, as long as you don't steal my identity or you know, hacked my accounts when it comes to like my financial situation. I mean, I'm pretty boring. I'm not somebody that you know, there's not a whole lot you're gonna you're gonna, you know, you're going to gain from from having access to my information. But I mean I know that that has that a lot of people listening have probably had something happened to where it's kind of tripped you out a little bit, like, wait a second, how how that's not a coincidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of that's odd.
Speaker 2: You've never had it happen.
Speaker 3: No, that's always happened the things that I've.
Speaker 2: But like, those two examples are crazy, right, Yes, the hooters and then.
Speaker 3: The splashing suddle with I actually was.
Speaker 4: Driving here because I had to go fill some of the vehicles up with gas, and that just went through my mind because.
Speaker 2: Of nothing this man won't do for our hard media folks. Just let you know, just got to guess him up for a second company man version two. We need oil changes, He'll go do it.
Speaker 3: I got you. I'll go sit in Valvele.
Speaker 2: Wanted to stand outside the Young Center for a concert, got it.
Speaker 3: I go do it?
Speaker 1: Done?
Speaker 2: Lactivation code. Yeah, you get a T shirt? You want Tony DW. White Remote done, Let's go.
Speaker 3: I'll be it there.
Speaker 2: You would have prety coffee and company. He does it?
Speaker 3: What don't I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, my face star is starting to turn right now.
Speaker 4: But I was driving down Broadway, and right before I get the fifth Street, I saw the exact same bus stop that you passed by.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Thankfully no one was there and there wasn't like a big puddle. But that did flash through my mind as I'm driving, you know, because I'm just trying to get around traffic.
Speaker 2: Really, oh yeah, that's probably where Nick.
Speaker 4: You know, Nick got someone completely soaked yesterday, giggity. And one of the other other weird things is is I don't know understand how they do it, but like credit cards or like your bank or debit cards, like how do they know that you're not in possession? Like have you ever gotten like your wallet taken away or like your wallet stolen or lost on your credit card? And then like they'll hit you up, Hey there's a fraud alert. We know that this is not you, Like how do they know that?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got I've got an answer to that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So my sister unfortunately recently had a nightmare experience with that somebody got access to her accounts and I mean it it it, it is bad. I mean it sounds like she's starting to get everything taken care of. But I mean they logged, they logged into every little thing that she had, and you know, they purchased a bunch of stuff. So what happens is unless you have somebody physically steal it from you, because a lot of times you'll have your card info and you'll think, well, how did somebody get it? Right? So what happens is in order to I'm not an expert on it by any means, but from what it sounds like is if if they want to, I guess have the best chances of not getting caught. They don't. They upload it on like the dark web, and they share it to where there's now sex six to seven people using your bank card from all over the world to purchase different things. That is, that's what keeps it from you know, and it's a scary and sad thing to think about how often this happens in so many I mean, the vast majority of the people that do this never get caught. But you can, you know, if you can get your money back if you flag it, and you know, it's still a pain in the ass and you may be without money for a while to they reimburse all that kind of stuff. But anyways, that's how it because your bank will know, hey, this charge is coming from Germany, this charge is coming from Texas. Yeah, and it all took place in the same three minutes. That's what triggers it that it's unusual. And then sometimes though like we had when I've traveled, that's happened to me twice when my card got compromised, and initially it's not a real red flag. Like I was in Chicago and I and I went to a concert and then we went to dinner, but then there was a charge at a gas station in Chicago that was for you know, like a ton of like a huge fill up or something like that, and that wasn't me. So then, you know, I noticed that was unusual, but my bank didn't. Well then sure enough, you know, by the time I was calling them to say like, hey, this wasn't me. I look at my account and there's more charges, and they've already initiated the process to let me know, hey, was this use. But there's some banks that like, don't catch it because these criminals are really good, Like I'll never forget. We were in Destin a few years ago and I got a phone call from a number that showed on my iPhone that it was that it was my bank mm hm. And they answered and said, hey, you know, it looks like you had a spec a suspicious charge here at at this place. And I said, no, we did go there, but not to that not that much. And they were basically saying, yeah, it looks like you got charged twice or there. I think what they told me is there's one of those like skimmers where they get your card info when you scan it. That's what they told me, and it seemed legit because I'm thinking, okay, yeah, that's not good. But then they kept asking me for information, and finally, like I'm talking to the person on the phone, my wife can't hear them, and she notices, like, all right, because she works in the financial industry, she noticed that this line of questioning and what they want it's not crazy considering that you might be hacked. But also they wouldn't need that information. And it was like asking me, like, ask me for my login essentially so they can reset it to make sure nobody else gets in. And I'm thinking, okay, well, thanks, I'm glad you guys caught it. You're really going to help me out. And I and I and I seemed suspicious when I was talking to the person, and to be fair, they seemed very like, hey, you know, I understand. But if you look at the back of your debit card right now, you look at the number that it tells you to call. If it's customer service, you'll see that's the number we're calling from. And I'm thinking, okay, well, you're right. Well it's called phone spoofing. They just made it look like that when they call and showed the number coming from my bank, and then my wife. She actually got an automated email from our from our bank, our financial institution, that said, while I'm on the phone with him, the email said, be aware this is happening. It wasn't just us, it was to everybody that banks there, and and and I mentioned that, and they kind of laughed and then hung up, like, I mean, they were they were they were impressive. They were caught, right, yeah, they were caught, but they but they were caught, but they weren't right, like they knew that, like somebody was out there doing that. But I wouldn't be shocked if they never actually got caught. In fact, one of the really satisfying things to get into on on TikTok or even YouTube actually is these videos where they'll they'll alter their voice and they'll take calls from these people who are trying to scam you. Yeah, and they'll sound I mean they can and I don't even know how this works, but I guess it's just the power of technology. They can talk. And yet on the other end, it's instead of it being a you know, forty year old man, it sounds like an elderly woman who's really naive. So these scammers. They think that they've got you know, they think they've got somebody that's real vulnerable that they can really take advantage of wipe out their accounts and all that kind of stuff. So sure enough, they it's a long play, and you know, they just sound like a really dumb Oh I shouldn't say dumb, but they just play really dumb, like, oh, I don't know what am I supposed to do? Do you need this and that? And what ends up happening is that they tell them to like log on to do this, And what they're basically doing is trying to get old people who quite literally just are naive to where they will go to a website you tell them to, they'll they'll give you all the information and you basically log into their computer from you know, India or wherever, and then you you freeze their computer and you get all their information, steal their identity and all that, and and you wouldn't believe how often it actually happens. But there's these guys on Twitter, are on TikTok and YouTube to where they will they'll video the whole thing and they'll end up doing it to them. And when these hack, when these hackers realize they got got and that in fact, their computer is not accessible that's in front of them. Because this little old lady wasn't a little old lady she was. It was somebody who was waiting for you to call so they could get you. They'll end up like deleting their entire hard drive. And what's crazy is these people who sit around for hours every day just trying to find a sucker they can scam and steal their money and steal their identity and maybe ruin their life. They get enraged and they play like the victim and they get so angry, and it's I just it's a wild It's so satisfying to see them have it done to them, but it's also satisfying to see how angry they get, because I mean, it's also kind of insanely irritating to know that they are the ones who feel like they feel like they've been wronged here and they need justice when they're the ones who all they do all day is just try to scam people.
Speaker 3: Right. So that's what happened to me a couple of months ago, probably about like two.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you tried to sell something, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tried to sell something on like a fake or not a fake. It's it's called McCrary. It's like kind of like eBay poshmark. And I was trying to sell my assigned assigned action figure that I got from Cody Rhoades. He's a WWE superstar, you know that. But some of our listeners shout out Cody Roads, shout out Kobe W's a friend of the baby Faces podcast too, and yes, yes, Shelbyville Road alumni or Shepherdsville Road alumni at OVW. But I just trying to get like a couple hundred bucks out of something. And this was my fault because I was really really greedy and I just wanted something now. But after I posted it, someone had made a comment on it. Hey, text me and send me pictures or whatnot and let me see, you know, let me see different photos of it. Little did I know, I was basically like texting a bot or some other sort of number rather than like go the traditional route where like Mercury will notify you, Hey, someone offered to buy this, and just going through the app, I just completely skip that and texted these people. And as I go back and look at some of the text messages. There's a lot of misspelling, and I should have known, but they told me that they couldn't buy it. And then they sent me the customer a fake customer service email and said you need to email these people.
Speaker 2: And they probably all looked legit.
Speaker 4: It did they did a good job, perhaps to them. So I emailed them. They said, yeah, you need to have at least if you're going to sell something for two fifty, you need to have two fifty in your account. So that's why they're blocking it. I've tried to buy it, but we are blocking this because there's not enough in your account to cover it. So I'm like, all right, well what I have to do? They said, well, put two hundred and fifty dollars in there. I'm like, okay, I'll go ahead and do that. And then they said, well if you as you do without hesitation, without hesitation, okay. And because they also told me if I put in another two hundred and fifty dollars, every five hundred dollars that you put in, this is going to make me sound like an idiot. But they said, every five hundred dollars that you put in will credit your account fifty percent of that so if you put five hundred dollars in and we're going to add an extra two fifty on to it, I should have known.
Speaker 2: So I was right. So initially it all it still seemed a little sus to me. But the last part you just mentioned is where it clearly was too good to be true.
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely, and I should have known that.
Speaker 2: So but initially though like it, I mean I think I would have I would have probably I don't know if I would have done the same thing, but where I would have absolutely had the awareness was the whole like, well, if you put more money in just because it just it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why were they giving me two hundred and fifty dollars? But you know, I would imagine that there are way more people than you would realize Austin that would do the exact same.
Speaker 3: Thing, So it could have been worse.
Speaker 2: I have a family member who I won't mention who it is, and this it's not like I'm insulting them or you know, but it may just maybe something they don't want out there. But they got got or almost got got, and it was because of something that seemed totally legit. It the website, like everything looked real, but it all came down to this, it sounds too good to be true, then it's just then it's probably too good to be true. So they and they were looking for part time work, not full time, and there was a new energy drink out there that was going to pay like a stipend for people if they would have if they would wrap their vehicle in the brand, right, like just if you're out on the road, you know, you see it. And I'm thinking, okay, well, first of all, they're not sometimes yeah, they're not offering you a whole lot of money, And it makes sense that they would want to do this because they just want awareness about their new product. And they had a real website. It looked totally legit. But I was I was talking to them and they were telling me, and I'm like, all right, well, you you go to school and your previously you know, do online schooling, and your previous job was a work from home. You don't leave. They didn't ask you when you ever leave and you when you ever they didn't ask you how often you drive your vehicle If they're going to spend money for somebody to do that, which it makes sense, that they would.
Speaker 3: They didn't even know it, but it would.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but they but it wouldn't know they they did ask about and again they wanted like, can you give us the mileage? Can you give us the make of the vehicle? Maybe send a picture? They were asking for information that they didn't need, but the request of the information made it seem legit. But the one key thing is that why are they gonna give you two undred and fifty to three hundred dollars a week when when you may your car may sit in the garage for six out of seven days. Like if they're gonna spend money, they're gonna they're gonna do that with people who they know are out there driving. They're not gonna buy advertising space on like delivery service vehicles. And the light bulb went off and they felt like, oh my god, like that I can't. And again, it's easy when you're not out, when you don't operate like a scammer and your mind is not always on a hustle or a scam to get over on somebody. I don't think it makes you naive it just these people are impressive, right, I mean yeah, but but always ask yourself when you start to realize something just doesn't like, there's no way this seems way good to be true. D nine point nine percent of the time it is too.
Speaker 3: Good to be true. So exactly, just.
Speaker 2: Keep that in mind. All right, So we'll take a quick break. Still no update on Chucky Hepburn. I feel like a stalker. I've been refreshing Twitter really all day really the last week to see if there's any kind of an update on his status. I don't see anything, although I do see some real cruel people out here who are trying to you know, not scam people, but just play a joke. But it's not a funny joke.
Speaker 3: I tell you.
Speaker 2: We don't joke about Chucky's growing. Okay, no, we don't joke about it at all.
Speaker 4: Meyer, Chucky is growing. I mean we want the best for Chucky's growing.
Speaker 2: Somebody's sending this screenshot of this tweet that says breaking Chucky Hepburn listed as out of this world good at defense. Oh boy, Yeah, it's cruel as what it is. Tease me like that. I mean, he may be out, but you know that's not the kind of mouth service we'd like to give Chucky's growing. Exactly, and if he needs mine, it's still available. I don't know how how that would happen, but he can have my groin if he needs.
Speaker 3: You have a pretty good groin. Yeah, we could probably use it.
Speaker 2: I have two children, I mean two times sex overs. Yeah, exactly. All right, quick break, keep you locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day, This game, to be honest, lovell NC State is really not one that's gonna be one of the better matchups in college basketball this week, even tonight, to be honest with you, I haven't even looked at the rest of the board tonight. Had a bad night last night gambling, so I haven't even looked. But I'm going to get back on the go, get back on it tonight and hopefully find some success. We can do, baby, It's all we can do, is you're right. So Louisville currently favored about six and a half, and I guess the storyline potentially would be that Louisville is going to play on the road, potentially without their starting point guard against a bad team. But the bad team has two guys that might have a little extra motivation tonight because Brandon Hunty Hatfield and Mike James with former Louisville Cardinals, and I don't I don't think that that's much of a storyline, to be honest with you, because just like the Kentucky players playing against Arkansas, there's just there's no there's no connection. I mean, there's not anybody left on this roster tonight, or I shouldn't say left, I mean nobody was left. I mean this entirely new team from top to bottom, staff, coach, everybody. I mean, it's all brand new. So there's you know, they're they're gonna play against potentially Brandon Hilly Hatfield and maybe Mike James, and it won't it's not gonna be I mean they they'll probably mean I think they know those guys played here, but like, there's no this should not be in any way any kind of a factor for for Louisville as far as like, are they going to be tight, because man, we don't want to lose to the guys that played for Kenny Payne here. I can't imagine that'll be in the mind of any of these guys on the other side. With those two, they could maybe try to manufacture something about I want to show Louisville what they missed out on. I'm gonna take it out on Louisville because I came there to play and they had a bomb coaching the program. Like maybe that's some motivation for them. But as far as like any real connection on the floor tonight between everybody top to bottom, player, coach, there's nothing. Yes, they're playing their former team, but it's not really their former team in any way. It's just a team that happens to wear Louisville jerseys. So and by the way, they may not even play because earlier, earlier this week, I think it might have been on Monday, there was really no update from Kevin Keats on the status of both these guys. Mike James has not played. In fact, I don't has he played any this year? I think I I looked it up earlier. I don't think he's Earlier in the week, I don't think he Yeah, this is according to wdrb Rick Bozic, that Mike James has not played a minute for NC State this year. First it was a knee problem and now he's had some kind of an illness, So I guess he did start practicing and now he's just been sick. If I'm Mike James, I wouldn't play at all. It's mid February, you haven't clocked a single second. You can probably still get another red shirt, and I mean, what would be beneficial in coming back now? And then Brandon Hilley Addfield. You know, he scored in double figures in nine of their first thirteen games and really hasn't been much of a of a factor since then. And he's missed five games, including the last three with a shoulder injury. So Keats was asked on Monday and didn't give much of an indication. He didn't he didn't rule them out, but he also didn't say they were going to play. So we'll we'll see and look that won't that shouldn't matter as far as Louisville winning tonight. I mean not to say those guys are terrible, but like, if those guys play well tonight, that'll be unfortunate. Like, wow, two guys who used to play here, they're the ones who maybe had big games and gave Louisville a bad loss. Like, but I'm not building this up kind of like some Kentucky fans did with Callen and by the way, Callan Arkansas are way better than NC State, But I think Kentucky fans were like, well, you know what I mean, come on, you know he's going to play his best game, which are coach's best game, which is exactly what Cali Perry actually did. But I mean, Louisville is going into Raleigh tonight and they're playing a team that is nine and fourteen. They've lost eight in a row. They're not any good. They have really nothing to play for, and if Louisville comes out ready to go and they play well, they should win. With or without Chucky Hipburn. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen because they they mean they look, they lost to Georgia Tech with a healthy Chucky Hitburn, right, so like we know that this kind of stuff can happen. And I do think NC State is a team that I would also say, and this doesn't mean anything, but they shouldn't be as bad as they are when it comes to the personnel. I mean that's not to say they're good. I mean I think even if they played to their full potential, I still don't know how good they would be. But what I think is key tonight is to not bury them early. It'd be great if you could bury in C State early and they just went through the motions because they're down big time and they just start to you know, they just it's really hard to overcome that human element as an athlete when your team is having the kind of season they're having and you have a really big run early on go against you. At that point you kind of just you know, you don't roll over and die and accept defeat, but you start to go through the motions and it's really hard to have resilience and bounce back whenever you've had a lot of repetition at this point in the season of getting your butt kicked, and when you have a setback, maybe a team goes on to like a six to sozero run or something like that. If you're a good team, you're not really that phased by that. When you're a bad team, it's hard to just shake it off. As if you're not going to start having a little PTSD, you're not going to start to think, man, is this one getting away from us again? So Lowell comes out plays well early. That doesn't really guarantee anything, but I feel like that that would be best case scenario. What would worry me is if NC State comes out hot, plays really well, and then you get to I don't know, early to midway through the second half, and they're like, all right, we're about to do this, And let's be honest, it's not like that. It's not like they're playing Duke tonight. They're playing a Louisville team that maybe shorthanded without Chucky, and even when healthy, they lost to Georgia Tech. So best case scenario is that you play well early and Georgia and in NC State remembers that they're n C State. That's nine and fourteen and they've lostate in a row. That's what worried me a little bit about the Miami game is because Louisville still ended up holding on and winning by double digits. But the longer Miami hung around, the more they forget that they're terrible, right, the more that they can block out that reminder that that'll hit them whenever they're they're they're up against it and a big run the other team has just put together. I mean, so Louisville had chances to bury them against meeting Miami and then every night then Miami, we hit a couple of shots and they'd keep it between like five and seven, and at that point they're thinking, Okay, we're alive here, let's let's go ahead and do this thing. So avoiding that will be key, and I think Louisville can do that. But to me, it really just comes down to is if nc State comes ready to play and they play well, louill can still win, but it's gonna be tougher without Chucky. What I don't know what to expect is the crowd. Like n C State low key has a huge and very passionate fan base really in all sports, but basketball specifically. The issue is that nobody seems to really know or care or pay attention to it because they also happen to compete against North Carolina and Duke, which are clearly bigger programs in that area. But when Carolina is when NCA state's good, I mean, they've got a routy environment and they and they're a good program. So if Chucky was playing, I'd feel a lot better. But I gotta be honest that I'm glad somebody kind of echoed this on the on the text line that even with Chucky, like these are games that little has to play well or they'll be in trouble because they just don't. Like there aren't many teams in college basketball. I think they could come out and play really poorly in conference play and beat anybody. I mean there are some, trust me, but louisll was not one of them, meaning they nearly lost the EKU and they lost to Georgia Tech. I don't say that to like pick on them as if they're not worthy of being like a tournament team or anything like that. But the Georgia Tech loss was a real reminder of just how beatable they can be when certain things don't go their way. And also I give a lot of credit to Georgia Tech. I think that was a really impressive win for them, and sure enough, they ended up beating Clemson the next game in Clemson knocked off Duke and then blew out Carolina. So Georgia Tech's a good example of a team that has shown that they're not as bad as their record indicates. But again, you are who your record says you are. So no update yet on Chucky at least that I can see, and fingers crossed that he plays.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So some big news last week that didn't seem real ended up being real. The Denver Nuggets, not the Denver Nuggets, Dallas Mavericks did in factory Luka Doncik And a week later he made his debut and they bumped. Was it a Monday night they bumped one of the Yeah, it was Auburn. And who was Auburn playing the number one team in the country, the Auburn Tigers. They were on ESPN, I believe they were, and then they got bumped. Maybe it was ESPN two. So the Luca Laker debut, could could could get the flagship program ESPN and it and it delivered as far as numbers, two million viewers on ESPN. ESPN even cut away from the second half of that. I'm sorry it wasn't SEC an SEC game. It was Houston and Baylor. I apologize. I don't know why I thought it was Auburn and somebody Auburn played, I think last night. So Luca, he he looks like a gat I mean, he looks like he's gonna fit in just fine there. And there hadn't been a moment just yet where you're like, wow, this is unfair or how did anybody let this trade happen, and I'm not sure if there will be that kind of a moment, but man, it could not have worked out worse for Dallas because their fans clearly are still devastated by this. I mean, you've got people setting up stuff outside the arena with candles and pictures of Luca like he died. And then I genuinely felt bad for Anthony Davis because he's a really good player. Like he is. He's one of the best players.
Speaker 3: In the NBA.
Speaker 2: He's an All I mean, he's a defensive Player of the Year caliber guy. He's been on the NBA First Team four times, which is a pretty impressive feed. He's not an MVP, but man, he's been. He's been really really good at ten time All Star. Like, I don't need to tell anybody how good Anthony Davis has been when he's healthy. So to hear all the noise last week, because usually if somebody lands a player of Anthony Davis's caliber in a trade, they're gonna be like, oh my, this is this is awesome, got ad are you kidding me? But it wasn't that. Ninety nine point nine percent of the noise in the reaction about this trade was how the hell did Dallas trade Luka Doncik. It didn't really matter who he was being traded for. It was more like, how do you let Luca walk? And we now know they just didn't feel like he was ever going to buy in and really work hard enough defensively and work hard enough on his body to where they would get over the hump. I guess they felt like getting to the finals with Luca last year was the peak of what they're going to get out of him, and they just felt like they wanted to cut bait. We'll see how that works out. But Anthony Davis is a really, really good player, a legendary player, to be honest with you, And yet the reaction wasn't oh Wow, we got AD. It was I'm devastated that this is the guy we have instead of Luca. And it wasn't really anything about a d But the issues that people brought up, like why you wouldn't trade Luca at all were valid. And then when you bring up Anthony Davis, he's six seven years older than Luca and he's injury prone. So AD came out and he had a phenomenal debut with Dallas. I mean I'm gonna pull up his uh, his numbers. I mean he had a really really good game. What with the numbers, I'm gonna pull it up now. Yeah, And he was he was really energetic. I mean, he was showing more emotion than I typically remember seeing him have when he plays, because again, he felt that he wasn't wanted. He felt like, you know, he probably felt justifiably disrespected when it comes to, you know, the reaction from everybody, and especially the new team that he's playing for, Like he thinks they should be lucky to have him. So in his debut, he in thirty one minutes, he was ten of eighteen, had twenty six points, sixteen rebounds, seven assists in three blocks in a win against Houston, a good Rockets team too, by the way. And he's seen you can see him. You can't hear him, but you can see what he's saying. I'm here and I'm better. I'm here and I'm better.
Speaker 3: Ooh spicy.
Speaker 2: And then he gets hurt and is now expected to be sidelined for a month.
Speaker 3: Like, I just love that.
Speaker 2: It could not have worked out any worse for Anthony Davis and the Dallas Mavericks because I mean, this is exactly why you wouldn't give up Luca for this player. Not that he's not good, but man, just giving up a generational type talent for a thirty one year old who's really really good when healthy. But man, he's really never been consistently healthy, and you got to think the older that he gets, the more unlikely it'll be that he stays consistently healthy. Rarely do I feel bad for professional athletes, because you know, they got it pretty good. They're humans, and you know, sure it's tough to see certain things that happen, right, Like, I get it, they're human beings. But as far as like truly feeling sorry for someone, pro athletes are usually the last people I'm going to genuinely have remorse for, because, you know what, their lives are pretty awesome. Not to say they don't deserve I'm sure they worked really hard, but true sympathy typically doesn't go out to people in that position as a pro athlete. But I did have it for a d just because it couldn't have played out worse for him.
Speaker 4: Did you see the the MAVs at the latest game, they they they.
Speaker 3: Threw out a fan because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's tough scene. Now, they talked about moving the franchise. They did say they weren't gonna do it, but that's how like.
Speaker 3: I mean, might be their best option.
Speaker 2: They offered refunds on season tickets to the rest of the games, like they know they messed up, And I think their belief is that just give it some time and you'll see we're gonna be really good. We've got a window here where we can be great. And then Ad comes out and balls out only to get hurt. I mean, talk about terrible Tommy, really bad stuff. All right, quick break, we'll come back. On the other side. I'm trying to think of memorable NC State Louisville matchups or just things that stand out about NC State. I've got a couple. We'll talk about them coming up here on the other side. Also, I'm not sure if anybody watched it last night. I think it debuted last night. But Vice TV is doing documentary doing documentary series on some college basketball coaches. It just what happens to be Rick Patino and John CALIPERI wow, and I'm not gonna seek it out, but I am. In fact, if I had Vice TV, which I don't I would watch it because it looks like it's going to be really well done.
Speaker 3: But I'm just.
Speaker 2: Curious if be like, will you find yourself as a Louisville fan or a Kentucky fan keeping up with your former coach to that extent. You probably won't, but I'm sure some will. All Right, quick break, it's Coffee and Company Fuel Buth Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, Coffee and Company wrapping up the four o'clock hour here on a Wednesday game Day edition of Coffee and Company Fuel. Bud Thornton's Make sure you keep Louis of Men's Clinic and Mindfellas, because you may at times think to yourself, Man, am I really getting that old? Why do I Why do I need a nap after work every day? Why am I so lethargic? Why am I not getting the same results in the gym? And it could be a variety of things, But one thing that you may not realize is that it could just be that your testosterone levels are not where they should be for somebody your age and I've mentioned this before, why not mention it once again. It's educating you, guys, just like I was educated on this whole thing. So you can get your lab work done and having testosterone levels that are below your your the range that it's it's supposed to be for your age. It's not an alarming thing for your doctor. I would imagine, like, it's not something that's going to genuinely be a real health risk for you.
Speaker 3: But it could.
Speaker 2: It could lead to those kind of things happening, right, I mean, it could actually have an effect on your on your mental state as far as just testosterone being low. So you're not going to go to your doctor and then tell you, hey, you got a real issue. You have no testosterone. But again, there are levels for your age that you should that you should be at a range. And after a while that was me. I was I was exhausted and I was getting plenty of sleep. I felt like I was just no. I was trying to maintain this healthyish lifestyle. And when I say healthish, I don't mean like I was on some crazy die or anything like that. I was just trying to watch what I eat as best I can and making sure that I'm active enough in the gym and trying to just you know, stay healthy, be mindful of of health. But yet the results weren't what they were previously. There was really no wrong a reason, so I thought, well, you know what, maybe maybe this is what has caused me to lose that edge. Maybe it's my testosterone not being where it should be. And sure enough, my levels were in the range of somebody that was old enough to be my father, which you know is not ideal. So now for the last year, I've been on testosterone treatment and I feel much better. I feel I mean, I feel younger now than I did in my early thirties, and my situation was probably worse than most just because for whatever reason, I'm my tea was not my tea was low, and uh, you know now it's not and life is much better. So there's no there's no harm in just getting your levels checked, just to get an assessment. Go see doctor Wood and he'll, uh, he'll educate you much more so than I just did.
Speaker 3: It was great to.
Speaker 2: Meet him whenever I first went over there, and he kind of explained it all to me and it made total sense, and uh, again, really appreciate him. Over at the Lotlemen's Clinic Lover Men's Clinic dot com as the website. You can give him a call five O two four four four four thousand. They're over there off Old Henry Road, off the Geen Snyder and again, just pick up the phone and call him. There's no I mean, there's no there's no harm in at least just going and having a conversation because you may not feel like you're in a bad way, like, oh man, I'm really struggling. Something's wrong. I mean, maybe you are in that situation, but it didn't have to be to that level. There's no harm in at least just going and have a conversation because you may realize that you could be you could be healthier than you are, and of course that's going to lead to you being happier than you are. But it's not just testosterone where they can help you if you have a rectilis function. They've got a variety of treatment options, weight loss, therapy, hair restoration, They've got it all over Men's Clinic dot com FABO two four four four four thousand. All right, So, according to Mike Rutherford, we've got chucky hepburn. Apparently going through like walk through, shoot around, warm up kind of thing, which that's encouraging. I don't know if it means that you know he's he's gonna go, but if they're, if they've got him out there and he's at least attempting to see if he can go, that's encouraging to me. Even if he doesn't play tonight. I guess you could look at it the other way and say, man, he's he tried and he still can't go. But I guess what I need to just accept that is if he was like really hurt, we would know they wouldn't keep this from us, and they would they would internally be trying to figure out, as sad as it sounds, life without Chucky, and they have had to play two games now without him ort least I guess, really one and a half. But if he's if he's going through shoot around and he's in uniform, that would be at least to me somewhat of a sign that that that he's that he's getting closer. I don't know why it feels like he got hurt a month ago. It's been a week today. I think it wasn't. It was a Boston College last Wednesday when it was doesn't it feel like it's been forever?
Speaker 4: I got, We've been talking about Chucky's growing for what feels like at least two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and the sad part have one.
Speaker 4: Well, the sad part about it is, and I know it's probably reiterated, but it didn't seem like that much of an injury. Remember this time last week or the day afterwards, we were talking about how positive it looked because he was laughing, he was joking on the sideline. It's just like he just may need a break. But you know, this would be quite concerning if it's it's seems something that still seems to be lingering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I I hope that what a couple of different people have mentioned on the text line this week is true and that he really is dealing with something substantially minor and he could probably play through it. It would just be a little painful and he may have to have some more recovery time than than than than usual. And Pat Kelsey just wants his team to be able to have some real repetition in what they will do if he cannot go, Like if that, if that is true, that would be I mean, that'd be great because that would mean that this was all just done because Pat Kelsey realizes, Hey, there may be some games where Chuck's in foul trouble or maybe you know, he has cramps or something. I don't know, but I just I don't feel like Pat's the kind of guy that would that would do that. Not to say it's like an issue, not to say like that's the That would be the wrong thing to do if you're a coach. But I hope you guys are in fact right. But I think the way they approach everything every day, like I don't think Pat Kelsey's thinking about, hmm, it's Miami. We don't need him because we're gonna need him to rest because we go on the road to Raleigh this week. And if a coach does think that way, there's nothing wrong with it. But these guys, they got a formula, they got a system, and it works. They don't think about another opponent and they have finished the game against the team they played before. I mean, they just And again, I know every coach and program is hey, one game at a time, and it's true to an extent, but I think like with these guys, that's a huge part of their process is that they don't overlook any opponent. Like when they lost to Georgia Tech, they didn't overlook them. They actually I thought they came out ready to play, to be honest with, they just got beat by a team that got really hot and Louisville made some critical mistakes late that you know you can't make it and expect to win whenever you're missing free throws that kind of stuff. So again, I take that as a sign of I take that as encouraging. When it comes to Chucky, if in fact he's if it's true that he's going through shoot around, then maybe he does play tonight. And look, even if he does play, they could still lose. I mean I think I mentioned that a couple of times throughout the day. But yeah, I mean for those reminding me like even if Chuck he plays like we can't take anybody lightly, I'm with you, and I don't think they will. I don't think any loss that Louisville has this year has been because they came out and didn't respect their opponent and they felt like they could go through the motions and still win. I just think really every game they've lost has either been to a team that on that night we just got to admit they were better, or you know, you got beat by a team that got hot, and then since they beat you, they proved they were better than you thought they were. All Right, we got the five o'clock hour coming up next and a lot to get into before we wrap it up, So stick around. It's game day. We'll have some fun here in the five o'clock hour. That's what we try to do. Coffee and Company feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety