Speaker 1: And I have something I want to talk to you guys about. I want to get your take on this. A friend of ours owns a bar, and it's not our bar, it's not a bar we're invested in. And I saw him post about this today, and so I want to bring it up to you. I see this topic on social media all the time, and I think we all might feel differently about it. I think those of us with kids might feel differently than those of us without kids. And so when you have a local establishment, you have to think about what your policy is for letting kids run around and when they run around and where they run around, and different parents have different philosophies on how to really oversee that activity. In some situations, some parents are like, man, this is awesome. I finally get to sit down at a table, eat some caso, drink some beers, and I don't care if I see my kids for an hour. And there's others that are.
Speaker 2: Like, you're going to sit here at this table and you're not going anywhere, get on your whatever.
Speaker 1: Different people. And our friend is like trying to keep everybody happy. And so they've seen they've seen I guess they've seen a dip in business, and they've received a ton of complaints from people that go to the bar, saying, hey, man, there's kids unwatched running around and like causing havoc, like and there's no one watching them or guarding them, or you know whatever. No one's looking out for him, and so they can do whatever they want. And so our friend was like, Okay, I think we've got a solution. At one part of our restaurant where it's mainly a bar, we'll just say that after seven o'clock, if you're seventeen and under, you can't be in there. And so just in the bar, right, there's another part of the restaurant where you could go there with your kids and stay all night, but to keep trying to keep everybody happy. And man, he got killed for because kids were in there not watched.
Speaker 2: And now he's getting killed because people are like, what, I can let my kids run loose in this bar at night.
Speaker 3: I want my eight year old to sit at this bar and do what he wants. I live in America, Serve me and my kid. Right, I've seen places of business that'll do the whole.
Speaker 1: Hey, we are not babysitters. If you're not watching your kid. Please leave, Yeah, you know, and I agree with that, Like if you're the kind of person that's going to be offended that a restaurant's not going to look after you're a kid, you're a dumb ass, Go somewhere else. I can remember growing up to, like when I started acting like a wild ass kid, I could just feel the tension rising in my dad's body and I could just feel that energy of ooh, I probably need to reel it in. Oh yeah, I knew that energy. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure build yeah. And it's like it's like most and I'm okay, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good. Yeah, fool. You can't. Like, if left to their own devices, kids will do all sorts of you know, they're idiots. Like I'll tell you the worst thing I did as a kid, me and some kids in our neighborhood. The neighborhood we moved into, there was still some construction right at the very end. There were some new homes being built. And so while the foundation is built and they put the initial wood up, they were putting like styrofoam between them, like for you know, the insulation or whatever between the wooden walls of that. Yeah, so we as little dumb ass kids went and played Hulk.
Speaker 2: Smash and like we were knocking down all of these walls. Character was formed, right, we're just knocking down all these walls.
Speaker 1: I can't expensive it was right, But that was running loose in the neighborhood. If you're just in a bar or a restaurant. I mean I saw I ask Katie and Christina, you guys don't have kiddos. Have you guys ever been inconvenienced by kids or recently?
Speaker 2: Yeah, at a place I really like the kids they were just running around and I was like, where are their parents? And then it hit me that night. It's a pizza place. It's not Andrew's, by the way, but it hit me. It was the weather was nice to be sitting outside and the kids kind of run around. But it hit me is like parents have probably gotten a little worse. Parents have probably gotten a little lazier over the years, because man, I just would have never been allowed to run around at a place like that, right, So I wouldn't have been allowed to do it.
Speaker 1: It's how It's just it comes down to how you were raised. Yeah, you know, I think from what I know about Christina's dad and what I know about I mean, I've met your dad, Rick, I knew Ben's dad really well, been knew my dad really. You've played golf with my dad. I think all of our parents had a similar outlook on how in general, about how you raise kids. And there's discipline and you don't like let your kids inconvenience other people. You know, it's just kind of like how you raise Remember, parents are just older kids, and kids are idiots, So parents are just older idiots. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And there are a lot of people that to Ben's point, it's like, well it's Sunday, I'm gonna drink. I didn't always want these kids go run somewhere, you know, and it's like, okay, you you can relax, but you still have to wrangle your kids.
Speaker 4: Right, there's a time and a place, Like if you're at a bar restaurant, not the place. If it's a playground or Proro museum, sure let your kid run wild and bother everyone else there.
Speaker 1: There are restaurants that have playgrounds. To Christina's point, yeah, you know, and if that's the case, then the kids got there and they run. That's where I was at. Was at uh, I'll say it. I don't care. That is that fortunate.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna say, I bet you're at fortunes at the outside place, and I was. I did notice, And we were with people who have kids too. I did notice that. I think I'm the only one whose anxiety is getting triggered a little bit by like three eight year olds just running and it just like, yeah, I was like, maybe it's a me thing. The kids who had it, they it wasn't their kids either. I mean, these were strangers. They didn't bring their kids. But I was like, they're probably just used to it, and maybe Rocks didn't care. But I was sitting there going, okay, like we're getting a little close to waiters running by with the hot pizza. We're getting a little close to chaos here. Yeah, and I would like for it to stop. But what do you do?
Speaker 1: Do you insert yourself into the situation?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hell no, see I will I don't mind doing that. I'll say, hey, hey, hey, guys, calm down. You know, where are your parents right now? You know?
Speaker 2: But but yeah, I don't want it.
Speaker 1: That's the way we were raised, honestly, Like you know, my dad when he was when I was real young. My dad was a coach, so my dad was used to talking to young people and getting them to He wasn't a big jerk or anything. But to Ben's point, you know, it's like, oh, you're not supposed to be doing that. I'm going to be an adult here. But now we're in the day and age, it's like, did you disrespect my kid? Don't tail what to do? Don't you tell my boy not? Did you tell me? All right, I'll tell you another thing.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you another thing that drives me nuts of Okay, So this is what I've noted. And this doesn't have to do with the restaurants, but in my neighborhood there's now so many kids riding electric scooters. M oh the East scooter. We had a death over the weekend on an East scooter.
Speaker 1: Doesn't surprise me. They are so fast, and don't I think there's something to it, Like when you're a kid and you're riding your bike super fast. You know you're riding it super fast because you're peddling as hard as you can. But they're something about just hitting a button on a scoo. And so I pulled into my neighborhood on Friday night, and I took a left onto like my main street, and then I'm about to take a right onto my cul de sac and three kids are crossing right in front of me, going from one side of the street to the other, and none of them are looking. So they crossed in front of me and I had to slow down to not hit them. And they're all three on electric scooters and not one of them looked right, I'm like, what are we doing? And you know, they write scooters on roads where the speed limits forty five? Right, what are we doing here? But you know, but I do know. I have friends who have kids and they know what they're doing and they ride with a helmet and they're super careful. But I also see them out there pretty damn reckless.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: And it's really that whole thing of like I was thinking about this too, about like, you know, inserting yourself in a situation where kids are also taught, not stocked strangers. Yeah, you know, and so there's that dynamic. But I mean, we would tell our kids over and over, don't do this, don't do this, don't do this, and then they get out in the world and they do whatever they want. They're oblivious, and so it's just like, but you also, I don't think you can live your life terrified of everything.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a fine line of like what are you going to let your kids do? And you know it's the it's the Ben Stiller character in Royal Tenenboms. Yes, no, no, exactly. I am kind of like that. I was thinking about it. I have a friend, a dear friend, who was paralyzed while skiing with the last couple months, and I'm like, you know, you're like, okay, you know how dangerous is to go skiing. I mean, I'm terrified of skiing, right, I can't stop. It's a hard, cold rock. You could run into anything. And I'm like, but you you know, it's a numbers game, just like swimming in the ocean. I'm terrified of swimming in the ocean. It's probably not likely that a shark is going to bite off your torso, but it's possible. We've had a listener that had a shark bite off their arm. Yes, yes, that happened, or her hand or whatever it was. You're right that I got a lot of that Ben Stiller character in me. Yeah, but that's the whole thing. It's like, are you going to live life being you know, being obsessive about the consequences, bad consequences or are you going to be the persons like Las Fair and then suddenly you have to deal with the consequences, right, and then you have all this regret. I mean, there's just there's no easy answers on any of this. And I would recommend to both of you guys do not have kids. Yeah, I mean, just don't. You're having so much fun. You guys are living a good life. Don't ruin it with kids.
Speaker 2: It feels like it would shut down everything, just even a dog, because she wants a dog really bad. And it's kind of like, don't do it, Okay, I mean we could get we could do the dog thing, but like, okay, well we've got a concert in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Well we know what you do. We good is the dog? No, you gotta find a good first of all, A lot of people don't trust those doggy daycare places in the first place. I mean, there are some horror stories. We're lucky we have a person in our circle that will take care of the dogs when we travel. How much because oh it's expensive, like we pay one hundred dollars a day. It's about that depending on how much she comes over and all that stuff. And she's like a family friend. In fact, she used to like houseit when we'd leave town and stay with our kids, like it's a family friend. We're real lucky that we have that. But when we go do something and we go leave town or whatever, we have to factor in that cost. All right. If you know, if we're gone for three days, that's probably gonna cost you fifty to three hundred dollars for dog care. You just have to start rolling that in. And you you travel a lot to go to concerts. Used to what are you doing with all your time now? Hanging out? Man tell yard works?
Speaker 4: I saw some weeds in our front line over the weekend and thought of you.
Speaker 1: Immediately you call Kat to police, a week killer. You thought of Kat when you saw yard work that need to be done, And his response was the weed killer. Like he's called himself that now.
Speaker 2: I thought of her when I saw Ario Speedwagon story today, Kevin Cronin has pissed a whole reunion show without him, and he's mad about it.
Speaker 1: How do you see he's the lead singer. Singer, Really, how do you do Ario Speedwagon without that little douche? I heard it from a friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't that we haven't played the intro yet. I missed here what I did?
Speaker 1: Rad gives us.
Speaker 4: With some bad.
Speaker 6: Start time movies.
Speaker 2: Right now, you're right, right, right, right right time to do one four.
Speaker 6: Time quick ethic within I'll show you're gonna ruling it with similar sweet pursuing it, tundled out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what you're ling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the dock. Gotta have it for my house. A goat status. Howard starting to get crattic, shows that up multiplied like a rabbit to the end.
Speaker 1: Zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm on hang out with the friends, Rocket on the LADYO, my boys.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's time to do this walk again.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, we go, Kati.
Speaker 5: All the lady.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are off and running on a Monday. It's gonna be a fun show today. Anything in particular you guys are looking forward to discussing or anything from the weekend. We need to get out of the way. In this intro segment.
Speaker 1: You know, unlet's you have something. I do have something I want to throw out right quick? Uh, don't go to the movie theater a lot anymore? And Friday night we went to IPIIC and we saw have you guys seen anything about Black Bag? Not one thing? Have you What's I pick? It's a theater like with the you know there's not a lot around south. Is that a nice one with like the okay, waiters and leather chairs or recline and maybe I'm wrong. It's just some up north stuff, dude, you always see it. There's like an a one right, yeah, okay, it's basically I mean it's just cross street from Allain. It was my mom's favorite theater, so yeah, it's pretty nice. Wait's right down the street from us. So uh, you know, we were doing the show last Friday at Boomerjacks right there off Technology and the wife was like, hey, I want to go to a nine thirty movie. I want to see Black Bag. And I was like, okay, I mean I love Soderberg in general. I can't recall it. What did he do? His most famous movie is probably Ocean's eleven Traffic. Oh yeah, one of my favorite movies is the Limey. He did out a site with George Clooney and Jay Like he did Contagian. Yeah, he did Contagion, which he's thinking about remaking. No, no, we already did COVID. The one of the things that he's known for, though, is being like a master of genre, Like a genre has all these things that identified as a genre, and he knows how to go play in that sandbox and just dominate that. And so this particular movie is a mixture mixture of espionage thriller with a who done it, And it's got Michael Fastbender and it's got Kate Blanchett, so it's it's British espionage, okay. And this movie is ninety minutes long, and so it's really incredibly paced. It's got tons going on, Like you're halfway into going, Okay, I think I have this figured out. But there's a lot. It's stylish as hell. The music is cool. I mean, it's just coming at your baby. It's great. And I was like, if I go to the movies, I want this. I don't go that often, but if you can get me to a ninety minute movie in which there's not a wasted shot in the movie. It's stylish, it moves, it's great, and I leave and I guess it's got a big old smile on my face. That is worth going to a movie theater and paying forty six dollars for two sodas, popcorn and a box of M and ms. Get this.
Speaker 2: Critics ninety six percent on Rotten Tomatoes, audience seventy percent.
Speaker 1: The thing I Trish told me that.
Speaker 2: My wife told me that, and my thought on it was that maybe it's too British for them.
Speaker 1: Ohka British.
Speaker 2: But and my wife, as you like, I hate any movie with someone that has a British accent.
Speaker 1: It's kind of her go to. It's a weird choice. Yeah, but it She even liked it. But I could see people feeling like it was too British. How many dogs do you give it? I gave it? How many? What's what's the dong scale? Five dogs is the most? I give it A Peter North. Okay, there it is. That's one raging, a raging one, the one bigger great review. All right? Coming up next, Speaking of Hollywood man, there is a country music artist that Kat has in his crosshairs. His guy it's his guy, but he's upset he was humiliated by his hero. We'll discuss next. Before we get to that, let's talk about the greatness of prosper forward. Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is the Benenskin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle and ain't no fooling.
Speaker 1: For April first, because we have our first April first super deal to get you into the Eagles Rock In Summer Bash BFD. That's May twenty fifth at Doseki's Pavilion now for two days only tomorrow, so basically starting tonight at midnight. That's officially April first. We've got a two for one ticket to b f D. Buy one, get one when you buy a lawn ticket, so basically two for the price of one. It's only happening April first and April second. Buy one lawn ticket, get one free. Tickets are available at ticketmaster dot com. Will be reminding you tomorrow and reminding you Wednesday, but you'll have forty eight hours there to get to buy one get one free for lawn tickets at b f D. Now, I would love right now to give away au Z's on sorry tickets. Do you got when? When is that kt? Do you not stop your hair.
Speaker 2: It's going to be happening on April twelve, which is coming up in really thirteen days tomorrows April first, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's at the Music Hall at fair Park.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great place to see shows. Are you going? I don't have tickets yet. Okay, there's Kevin asking for tell you what I have. That's gonna be tough. It's Master Saturday, you know. Okay, little too much information there, but we do want to give away some A Z's on Sorry tickets to someone who has the iHeart app. It's free app. You can use the talkback feature and that's how we like to give away tickets also to people who listen to the show. So the first person that can leave their name, their phone number, and their email address on the talkback feature and can tell us where we did our show from last Friday. If you're a listener, you know I just mentioned it in the last segment, and then of course we did a whole show there Friday. So if you know where we were doing the show last Friday and can leave it on the talkback message, then your name, your phone number, your email address, you're gonna get those ussies on. Sorry tickets sports here in thirty minutes. But right now it's time for this juicing your news. Hot Gods Live, Come.
Speaker 6: Stay on top in the shovel shove.
Speaker 2: Before we talk about one of the big stories weirdly that was trending all day online. Did you guys do your homework assignment and watch any of the Studio on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: I have not watched it yet, dying to watch it. I can't. It's definitely added to the list, but I have not seen it. I did watch White Lotus. Are you caught up in that? Oh? Yeah, fame caught up?
Speaker 4: And I finally watched the Bob Dylan movie Homework.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 4: But Timothy Shallomy at this point he's great and everything so good I'm gonna like And it's music like iconic music, so yes, I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: That Gal playing Joan Baez is something to inhale. Yeah. I told Mike, I go, no way, she was that hot back? She wasn't. She was not.
Speaker 2: You know what I didn't realize until like maybe the night of the Oscars was that the other girlfriend, the red haired girlfriend, was Dakota Fanning's sister.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yes, I didn't know that crazy question though about White Lotus. Is there one more left? Or two? One more?
Speaker 2: It's all I don't know how they're going to close. I don't know how they're going to close all these gaps.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Yeah, I thought they would close a lot more last night than they did. There's a lot of things hanging off the cliff. Maybe it just make sure the wildest episode of anything ever. Maybe it could be. It is really good, though.
Speaker 2: I'm not spoiler free. I want you guys to hear this because when I watched it, I was like, Okay, I'm pulling that. That's how I think about things.
Speaker 1: So there's no but there's no carryover from one White Lotus season to the next. Right now, I'll back off. I'll back off, all right. So apparently there is.
Speaker 2: You just get in line and just crank him out. Okay, So the studio on Apple TV is seth Rogen he is. He gets the job as the head of a of a movie studio. It's the only job you ever wanted. But he fancies himself as a guy who likes you know, these really good classic movies.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He he doesn't want to just do Transformers, so I'm spoiler free again.
Speaker 1: There's two episodes.
Speaker 2: The second one is fing hilarious and has nothing to do with what happened in episode one. Episode one. Your studio head really the guy who's pulling all the strings. The guy at the top of the company is Brian Cranston, Okay, and he is dressing very weird, and I'm gonna play there's two equips here. Basically, what's happening is this is all again, this is not spoiling. This is all in the description the TV show for his released Seth Rogen is going to get the job. They're firing Catherine O'Hara as the head of the studio. She spent too much money. So Seth Rogan's got to come in. And here's his first meeting with Brian Kranston, the bad guy.
Speaker 7: I honestly just have one strong reservation about you.
Speaker 8: Oh I've heard you are really into artsy fartsy filmmaking book, rather than being obsessed with making this studio as much money as possible.
Speaker 1: That could not be further from the truth.
Speaker 8: I am as bottom line oriented as anyone in this town. I believe you great because at Continental we don't make films.
Speaker 1: We make movies, movies.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can't see where it's going, right, Yeah, okay, we're gonna play, because before he can, you know, he's still trying to get the job here.
Speaker 1: Brian krets has got an idea of a movie that he would like to get done.
Speaker 7: A little secret for you, not for anyone else to hear this, but I am very close to closing on the deal to get the rights to kool Aid drink.
Speaker 1: The guy who prays through walls and says, oh yeah, yes, that is perfect. That's exactly what we used to be doing, mister Hill. Finally someone who gets.
Speaker 8: It, because look, if Warner Brothers can make a billion dollars off the plastic of a bilous doll, we should be able to make two billion dollars off the legacy brand of Koolid.
Speaker 1: Can you make that happen?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, you get you get.
Speaker 1: It now, let's go get it. It's so effing good.
Speaker 2: The first episode's forty minutes, great, the second one's twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: What the whole thing is twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and it's just it never stops. It's a lot. I think this is kind of talked about before. It's all tracking shots. It's all handheld, like he did.
Speaker 1: They reference in the first hints in the first two episodes, did they reference either the movie The Player or the movie Bicycle Thief.
Speaker 2: No, but they did reference to Andy Hall. Oh okay, that helps you.
Speaker 1: I just watched The Player again. The Player is a badass movie, and I know there's no way that Katie or Christina have seen it because it came out when y'all were two. But it's a Robert Altman film and it's about a studio executive. So there's this famous Italian neorealism movie called The Bicycle Thief, and he's like the studio executive and this guy has accused him. He needs to go see The Bicycle Thief. But Robert Altman's known for his very long tracking shots. That's what he's known for. In the very I don't know if you remember the beginning of the movie Ben they're referencing. It's one long tracking shot and they're referencing Touch of Evil, which is Nors and Wells movie that has one of the greatest long tracking shots to begin a movie ever. So, based on what you're telling me, it feels like there's a lot of references to There's no way seth.
Speaker 2: Rogan's like he's at at heart he is a guy who loves classic cinema.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his job is now, go make as much money as you can.
Speaker 2: Man, the amount of holes he digs himself into is incredible. Catherine Hahn plays the role of like the head sales chick, and she's like, he's trying to do some a couple of serious arts.
Speaker 1: And she said, huh am, I supposed to sell that, just.
Speaker 2: Freaking out on him. And it's just it's just so good cool, it's funny, dude, It's like, very funny. Brian Cranston is so good too. So watch the studio on Apple bar a friends password. If you don't have it, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: They release these, they release them. It's not all at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did two to start. I think they'll be dropping them every Wednesday or Thursday or something. All right, all right, So Saturday Night Live. The host is Mikey Madison, who was the You're a winner for Best Actress in the movie Anora, and your musical guest was Morgan Wallen. Your guy, not my guy at all. You said these colors don't run and that's your guy. No, I've been making fun of him since he got famous, since before he did the N word thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, I still don't get it. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Although there's a lot of people say it's catchy songs. I just don't like when guys, when they publicly play, they strum a sea coord a couple of times. Dude, just don't have the guitar, Like, if you're not gonna do it, just don't have the guitar.
Speaker 1: And just actually asked the machine and enjoy it. I know. Are you also mad at your hometown in this a little bit? No, No, you're all kind of like mad at your people. You need to get back to God's country. I'm in God's country. Lina is God's country, dude, I did. I talked to Pastor Gary today. I'm in God's So he lost a ton of money on March madness.
Speaker 2: It's funny though, when you see something happen and then you don't know like what the outrage is gonna be. But I saw it and like immediately immediately took a video of it, and I was like, Okay, that's crazy. No one ever does that. He looks pissed. And then you slow mow it and watch it three or four times. So in the good nights when everyone's on stage, the first thing I noticed was the cast is way far back, like way more than usual, like they were when Kanye was up there, like it's been a long time since you've seen this. Yeah, And he says something to Mikey Madison and there's something off Mike and it's just like, I'm tired, but I'm not in no way, I'm as tired.
Speaker 1: As you are. And then she says, you know, thanks. They play the music and then.
Speaker 2: He walks out out the front and everyone else can hugs. But if you go through slow mow and you watch it, you see Keenan Thompson go up to Diego who's on the show, and she goes, he left, and Keenan turned around in there watching him leave. He left, and then you see Sarah Sherman talk to Mikey Madison, and Sarah, if you're reading her whips, she goes, what.
Speaker 1: Did he say?
Speaker 2: So he was mad about something and NBC is claiming, no, no, nothing, but that's how oh Laurene, dude, they love that. Well, we'll have him back of course they loved that controversy. This is great for them. He then posted a picture of his private plane that says get me back to God's Country, which reminds me of the Bo Burnham song panderin and which he has the lyric, I write songs about riding tractors from the comfort of my private plane.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good. So what's he mad about?
Speaker 2: Well, here's someone who was there, because not many people are there at SNL. There ain't that many seats from someone who was there. Who is it in the stands? You mean like watching it?
Speaker 1: Oh, I was there last night. This sounds reliable. I believe it.
Speaker 2: I was there last night. Lauren snubbed him. Mikey walked to the stage at the end and Lauren hugged her. Then Morgan came toward the stage, Lauren turned his back and walked away. It was an obvious and purposeful move. Also, the cast couldn't be further back on the stage if they tried, And that is true.
Speaker 1: What do you watch it?
Speaker 2: You're like, whoa, why are they back there? Apparently it's a thing they do when they don't like the guest. I don't know if I believe that because you can go through a bunch of them and find like, did they do that when Yeah, I don't know if I agree with that. I thought Morgan did an amazing job and I hate there's a riff about him. Great show though that's what the person said online, someone who was there, who.
Speaker 1: Knows if you can believe it or not, but something was up. I think I don't know what I mean. I would think that his fan base would not like I mean, whether you believe it or not. SNL's perception is that it's a go ahead and get that insue is that it's a hardcore lib show, no doubt, and that's not his fan base. And so when I just saw his post of just hey, man, I got to get back to God's country or whatever, I felt like he was pandering to his crowd of man I got to get all this lib stank off me. I'll be back home soon, Doug, you can decline the invite too.
Speaker 2: And also, I'll just go ahead and tell you there are thousands of churches in New York City, so you're always in God's country.
Speaker 1: It's great. So like that's just not that's just not like that doesn't work for me. What's your favorite religion in New York, Kevin, I like them all. Yeah, I think whatever they want to do.
Speaker 2: Uh. So you know, I've been dealing with it because I took the I'm a huge piece of S meme from I think you should leave because the guys like I really am a huge piece of S.
Speaker 1: And I said was out Morgan Wallen is a huge piece of S.
Speaker 2: I've got enough evidence I can you know, I can call a spade's babe.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I also believe in free speech. Sotas about that. I also believe appreciate that was good. I didn't know he had so many fans.
Speaker 1: Good Lord, the guy with all the number one hits. Yeah, I just didn't know. It was like that, you forgot you lived in Texas.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that we were defending in word, we're defending throwing chairs off of rooftop rooftop police officers. By the way, that nearly hit a police officer. Yeah, by the way, I didn't know we're defending that. I didn't know that we were just defending on just basic things.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, just kind of but never mind.
Speaker 2: I have more, but I don't think I should it was like, I know, it is very childish to walk right in front of the camera like that when you know he did it on purpose. Don't go if you don't want to go, Like, no one's it's.
Speaker 1: It's just he didn't. He was just surrounded by so many dirty libs. He needed to get away. They had to. He just had to walk out of there so fast. I respect it.
Speaker 2: Keenan Thompson did an interview today and he was like, it was abrupt, but I don't know, maybe you just need to pee or something. He's like, we're just used to like like he knew what to do. Also on the show before. Yes, he's done it before. And if you remember during COVID he was kissing they had and he got kicked. Yeah, they had a you know COVID protocol like all of our sports teams did or workplaces did. They replaced him with Jack White like three days before because the video comes out of him at a bar a bunch of people, and then then two weeks later they had him back and did a skit about it. So it's fine, okay, So like they they've done this. How was the end of his future? Self would come back and talk to him and tell them to yeah, not to do it, and it was fine, right, and it was good. And then they invited him back and he accepted it. Were they all standing on stage with him that time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, yeah, it's divisive. It was so divisive.
Speaker 2: It's all divisive, man, And I've never seen anybody switch from one side to the other and it's straight echo chamber.
Speaker 1: Do you know who I saw talking about him? Do you guys know, you guys know Kristin Cavalari? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she was. I was so when I was reading the Morgan Walling story, I clicked on it and then you know, halfway down the story gives you a link to another story, and it was about Kristin Cavalari calling Morgan Wallen a fantastic lover.
Speaker 2: Ohy, there's some respect for the how he bangs it out.
Speaker 1: Made me want to get with him. There you go, all right, there you have it. There is the Hollywood Shuffle coming up next, and around the sports torpedo bats and the tush push. Where does it all end? We discussed next. I know this isn't going to be the first time you guys have heard me say this, but Christina just got me excited, nice, pretty worked up? What well? Earlier she was talking about the return of ver Dance can call of duty? That's right. I know if you heard this, she was talking about it in a commercial break. Tell me about Cod. Yeah, Cod, big deal.
Speaker 4: Y'all watch the promos? Yet watched it over the weekend? Yes, very exciting.
Speaker 2: My old gang reached backed out to me. G Sink collared at me. Right, yeah, Hickson getting the gang back together.
Speaker 1: Why Hixon's name is so lame?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: What do you mean one guy's name is g Sink the other guy's name is Hickson. Smoke dog too, Okay, I like smoking. You do have to have a cool dame. Mine's Benny Sana Pen. That's good one. Oh yeah, I remember ryner Head. So do you have any more of those?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We got plenty. Let's hear something Kenny g spot Ariela Grande. I love Orgeez.
Speaker 4: I think maybe he was just saying that one diesels sack.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's amazing. Anyways, here in a couple of days, it's coming back. Christina. That was a great commercial. You got everybody fired up. Thank you, thank you. It was exciting me to do. I was like, wait, what you want me to read what. Yes, let's go. I saw Mike roy was online last night? Who was online earlier today? Okay, interesting, I need to send him a DM try to get you. Don't let him know that I'm looking to play with him. Yeah, I will. We can't been able to connect. Uh Okay. This segment is brought to you by Hurtato Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Great locations in Mansfield, there's two, two at Globe Life Field, one in Arlington outside of Global Life Field, another in fort Worth, and one in Dallas at the Farmer's Market Brandon Hurtado's spind On Mexicu. Man, it's delicious, maybe the best barbecue in the history of ever. Go get you some Hurtato. But right now it's time for this good listeners. Here comes Kat fun Tweets. We're around.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: It's cool around the sports. K t Queints has all the sports.
Speaker 2: We'll get you a MAVs minute in about twenty minutes. I will say the Rangers had a three to one series win over the Red Sox. So opening day was their only loss. It's the bummers.
Speaker 1: We were there. Maybe we're maybe we're bad.
Speaker 8: News.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're the bad luck charm, the good weekend. Jack Lader looks great on Friday. Yes, Jacob de Grom looked really good on Sundays and the Bullpen did it on Saturday. So Ed Bomby El Bombie looks healthy, so good the vick Ope.
Speaker 1: I gotta mention this too. So Kumar Rocker pitches tonight, and dude, I keep hearing uh number one chief Rokka? What was it? What's that the Lord Chief Rokka by Lords of the Underground. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I keep hearing that samples. So I think you gotta make a song to that. Kumar Rocker, m Ma Rocker, coop ma Roka. It's the coo roka cucka coop Rocker. Unless he gets shelled tonight, he won't. Kevin, this is we're on a mission from God in God's country. God's country is America. Morgan Wallen's going to get him back to where he needs to be.
Speaker 2: I don't think Morgan Wallon's going have anything to do with it.
Speaker 1: Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll take a look at the Rangers walk up songs tomorrow on the show. That was a tease, ye insaypri fool so you can't trust any teases. Yeah. So I have the bfd Bogo though, going on starts tomorrow that if you know lawn tickets by one, get one.
Speaker 1: Uh takemaster dot com.
Speaker 2: The big story though, is torpedo bats in baseball, because the Yankees just had a big weekend of a fifteen home runs in three games and that's a record.
Speaker 1: They had nine in one game, didn't they.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And the bats are a brainchild of Mit physicist Aaron Leenhardt. That nerd now, he worked for the Yankees from eighteen to twenty four and then he joined the Marlins. But he began, he began this concept of changing the barrel of the baseball bat. So he started working with MLB rules officials, did it the right way, contacted them, and he he's brought this bat to life. Here are your rules. It's got to be solid hard wood, no longer than forty two.
Speaker 1: Inches Okay that's a lot, and no thicker than two point sixty one inches. Damn girl.
Speaker 2: And if you look at the shape of these torpedo bats, it does look very different.
Speaker 1: So somehow they've done this within the rules. It's the exact same weight, it's the same link it's the same density. They've just changed where the sweet spot is. So if you're a batter who hits the ball closer to your hands as opposed to down in the barrel, if you're a guy who you know ends up, you know, getting outs because you're hitting it on the weaker part of the bat, they just change where the sweet spot is. And so the sweet spot is not in the traditional spot on these torpedo bats. It's closer to your hands on the bat. You don't want to get in a situation where you're getting all fisted. Yeah, and so the sweet spot moves exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think everyone, I think baseball will move pretty fast on this, and by that I mean teams. I bet every team has is using torpedo bats beginning like this week.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't work for everybody. So for the same reason, like, if you're a guy who consistently when you hit a baseball, it's in the barrel and that's your sweet spot, you don't need to move it. It's just for guys who get fisted a lot, no fence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's a couple guys made comments like, look, if you can't hit, you can't hit, So you know, but good hitters getting even more.
Speaker 1: A Corey seeker, I guarantee you that he will turn it this soon.
Speaker 2: Did you see that Yankees are rolling out these gloves that are three times larger than.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can just get them out at the time. That's amazing. I like when people from different sports hang out together. Do you guys think Doug Fister ever hung out with Paula Kreamer.
Speaker 2: I think they probably probably did. She's a big golf gal. Yeah, oh back in the day legend. Really it's a bit of a dated reference, but it's fine. Fisher in the league in about five years either. That's why I think that they might spend time together. They're both out of their respective sports. They're retired. Kevi, Yeah, he can swing on down to v Caro and get eighteen.
Speaker 1: That would be a good fake show. Creamer and Fister, Yeah, yeah, wheat days.
Speaker 2: How about a little afternoon delight with Creamer and Fister? I take it, okay, but they see what they were damn okay. But this does you know, anytime a team does something within the rules and they find an advantage, the league has to figure out do we need to step in and stop it and that's what the NFL is doing on the tush push right or have they decided what they're gonna do. It is very funny because the competition can meet. A committee is meeting about certain rule changes. They're also already discussing the eighteen game season.
Speaker 1: Which is on the committee this year again.
Speaker 2: And so the Green Bay Packers are the team that put that pushed the tush push band.
Speaker 1: They pose the bill and what do you ban?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: The play? I know, but like you banned leverage.
Speaker 2: I understand there's a lot of people that do think it's like a rugby play, but this does come off as a team who just got beaten the playoffs by the Eagles doesn't want to deal with this play anymore.
Speaker 1: But isn't to play just a leverage blocking scheme? Right? Couldn't anyone do it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: They just they've just mastered it and it's a weapon for them. And by the way, didn't it take a step back once Kelsey retired? I mean, I know they still ran it with some effectiveness, but didn't it lose a little bit? Yes, it was stopped a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's doesn't So here's what they're leaning on and this is a it's a card they can play all right, player safety. They're talking to catastrophic neck injuries. But by the way, you know, the Eagles center and guard have made comments about how they hate that play. Jason Kelsey talked about how he hated that play. He's like, I'm about to get I'm about to get dog piled. Basically, Okay, it's not great. So that's what they're leaning on. They don't know everyone who's like been against it. The Packers the one who proposed to Bill, so it is them. The Bill's head coach Sean McDermott, who did the weird nine to eleven thing a few years ago.
Speaker 1: He is also very much against it.
Speaker 2: Now. What's great, though, is the coach for the Eagles, Nick Sirianni, who I want to hate, but I love what he did, he said. Kellen Moore, Shane Steichen who's the coach of the Colts, and Jonathan Gannon who's the coach of the Cardinals. They're all head coaches because of that play. So they're gonna vote for it. I know we got four votes there, which a little bit of a shots fired at Kellen Moore maybe, but I thought that was an interesting thing to say.
Speaker 1: So, wait, I'm not sure I follow these guys.
Speaker 2: The coach of the Colts and the Cardinals and now the Saints were coaches for the Eagles. They were the offensive coordinators there. Oh so yeah, they better vote for it. They won Super bowls because of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the coaches get to vote on the competition commit Yeah, okay, I didn't realize. When is the draft? April twenty fourth? God Angel that far away? Yeah? Well three weeks three weeks away.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's Sumo weekend, ben Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll tell you more about that later on. It's gonna be fun. Yeah, tell CD's sound System weekend in Dallas too. I have seen a little more social media about the Cowboys trading up for Travis Hunter. I'm seeing more chatter. Do you think it's real? Well, buzz No, I don't think ros don't think they can do it.
Speaker 2: You did tag me in something, though, and it was this guy who you're gonna learn everyone's gonna know about soon.
Speaker 1: His name is Tedoroha McMillan.
Speaker 2: He is a wide receuper Arizona Cowboys could probably take it twelve. He's like six foot five and there's a clip going around for him doing interview and he's like eating cereal and like CD in an interview right in CD, the one who did that, Yeah spaghetti, Yeah, over zoom. He's eating cereal in the interview with two guys and they're asking me if you like what I's watching film.
Speaker 1: He's like no at all. Yeah, He's like, we watch We watch film as a receiver group, so I don't ever need to watch on my own. I don't want to watch football. So, man, I was curious something. He was like, are you worried? And I was like, remember remember when everybody was worried because Miles Garrett was into poetry. I mean that certainly played out that he's not a player. Remember that coming out of A and M. It was like, I don't know if he'd loves football. Man, he spends a lot of time with poetry in film. I don't know. I'd have to I'd have to go back and like ask players how important it is? How about me? So if you're so talented you don't ever need to watch film?
Speaker 2: Are we in the only industry of people that actually like work? I think that's what you're kind of asking him. RCK your job.
Speaker 1: Do you really like it? I like to go to play the games and stuff. But I'm watching the film. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about because he's great and I would take him at.
Speaker 1: Twelve and I hope it's what they're going to do. Yeah, that's what they were.
Speaker 2: They're going to do sweet, although they could probably use a cornerback.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's fine. Can he also play cornerback? I saw a gent comparison. No, he can't. Did you see Gent's private workout talk about Creamer? Yeah, that dude looks like he was made in a laboratory. Well, let me just tell you it doesn't sound too private if you've seen it. That's fair.
Speaker 2: NFL people just salivating over that guy. I saw a comparison to him that was interested Ladanian Tomlinson. I was like, Okay, that's the best one I've seen. I've always said that it's very good. Yeah, but you take the six five receiver over the badass running back. I gotta have a second wide receiver. I'm find a running back approove it last year, Zeke. I mean, are you guys worried about Dakota that udning? If you I'm not worried about him unless well, okay, he can't run and he can't move anymore.
Speaker 1: I seriously think if you look at how successful Flaco has been in his late thirties and early forties, I am completely unconcerned big wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, that's if you get the big wide receiver for him. I think that's MVP season. Really not the MVP, but like that caliber because.
Speaker 1: Of Go to Ma Home. He'll be the runner up MVP in the NFC. Okay, I'd love I would seriously love it if we got that big, bad six or five receiver you're talking about and then got like a really good rookie third round running back. That'd be fun, man.
Speaker 2: That's what they should do. It'd be fun. Will they get a quarterback in this draft too? They shouldn't do that. There's any good ones?
Speaker 1: All right? There you have it. There is Around the Sport coming up next. It's the only segment of the day that shall to be podcast at the Today Game, followed by some Sydney Sweeney action and that happened in Dallas. That's all coming your way next on ninety seven point one The Eagle by Yes you're listening to The Bennett Kin Show. This segment is brought to by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano, Texas. So good, so amazing that it's Ria and all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. Yet there's only one location of Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It's in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. And imagine that it's one location, and readers of the Dallas Morning News said it's the very best. So that speaks volumes. Get over there to planot ti taxes and enjoy the greatest pizza of your life. It is so unbelievably good. If you live nearby, you have no excuse. You should be going in and enjoying Andrews. And if you don't live nearby, make the drive man get out there to plan on and have the best pizza in town, according to readers of the Dallas Morning News. But right now start for this.
Speaker 5: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor Katie Fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: We had big time celebrities hanging out in Dallas. This is Sydney Sweeney, known for her roles at Euphoria, The White Lotus and Madam Webb, along with Glenn Powell from Twisters and Top Gun Maverick.
Speaker 1: Wait, they were together.
Speaker 2: They were together, hanging out after she called off her wedding to some guy named Jonathan Devino.
Speaker 1: Because they're in that movie together, right, mm hmm. Yeah, they had a little rom calm.
Speaker 2: I think it's called Anyone but you Yeah, I believe weren't they at Glenn Powell's sister's wedding together?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're seeing? I saw I heard that earlier. I have I have a nineteen year old daughter that lives in the house, so I do get some celebrity gossip from time to time.
Speaker 2: Well, they were dining at a place called joe Leo Fine Text Mex. I'll fits you now. I pulled up Joe Leo Fine text mechs Google reviews.
Speaker 1: It's it's got a four point one, so it's not like they were going to a five star.
Speaker 2: So I guess what we can deduce from that is that Glenn Powell is a cheap oh right.
Speaker 1: That is a random place for them to go.
Speaker 2: To tend to maybe just get some margs. I'd never even heard of this place what I have now, So this is a great pub for them. Yeah, do they do? You think they each have bodyguards? No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're just out there in the wild. I think so maybe maybe they feel like they can be out in the wild in Dallas. I don't know. Yeah, everyone that each at that place has huge tubes. I mean I don't really. Yeah, Okay, that's what it's known for. That's why she went. I think you would notice her hymn more than you would notice her not me. Okay, that's interesting that you just told us that about yourself. Dallas.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of girls that look like hermactly. Well, I think there has been an over Sydney Sweeney point.
Speaker 1: Station of oh my god, here it is. She got too popular for him. Now he's got he's got to tear down she sucks. Just point me whatever direction you're talking about where all the Sydney Sweeneys are hanging out. I want to see what that's like. I'm not Tony.
Speaker 2: If she walked down the hallway of iHeart, I'd be looked average.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling you that what what part of town would you say that in, because that's kind of what you're implying.
Speaker 2: What you're applying fit you right around? Maybe this Mexican food spot, all right, that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of Lower greenvilleish area, right. I feel like I've lived here for half a century, and I've been on Lower Greenville quite a bit, and I don't recall seeing a bunch of Sydney Sweeney's walking around. Are you kidding me? Go to SMU campus. I was on the SMU campus a couple of weeks ago, and I did not see a single Sidney Sweeney. But I did look because a lot of them were nineteen and twenty.
Speaker 2: Well, none of them are accomplished actresses who were in you know and everything.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling under.
Speaker 2: I think there's more people that look like her than there are that look like him. Man, I feel like a lot of hot oh that would stand out. How tall he appears to be way taller than her. I thought he was about five to seven.
Speaker 1: I've walked through uh, I've walked through some locker rooms in DFW. I feel like there's more hot ass men than girl that looked like Glenn Powell. What's his name? Gary pale. He is a sexy man, There's no question about that. Oh sexy dude.
Speaker 2: See, I don't even see that. I kind of think he's kind of weird looking. I mean, how tall is he? Because I find it online that means he's five a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a good sign. Oh, there's Sidney Sweeney's ass on a boat.
Speaker 2: We're seeing six feet Okay, so it's like, you know foot taller and Tom Cruise. I think Sidney Sweeney is significantly hotter than every girl in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Shots be damn dude. Christina's in farmer's brown Right, here's a farmer's ranch. She's number one. A farmer's ranch. It is a Dallas municipality, right, Yeah, technically we're kind of on the North Dallas line. In fact, did you go one block that way? Yes, it was a Glenn Palle's sister's wedding, Thanks Kevin. Okay, stepped out for brunch. But they had a fake frolic that to promote the rom com they were in. They acted like they had a thing and it was in the tabloids in SNL, but they really didn't have that, right.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, well, it seems like now this this article says that he didn't go to brunch when she went though, so that's confusing.
Speaker 1: What were they in town for? Were they doing her his sister's Oh, okay, which I think that's an indication if there's a closeness there. Absolutely. I don't think she's going to the sister of every co actor she's ever had this wedding.
Speaker 2: I mean she might, yeah, there might in no way, so I don't know. It's very uh, you know whatever. Yes, that's saying there, you go pretty good, Sidney Sweeney. I thought y'all were gonna be with me on the Sydney Sweeney Take.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean I think we've done a segment on that before, on her how she's average, on how she's over done, a segment on how she's not a good actor. She represented as America's hottest girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, she can't act, there's no question about that. But she does appear to be pretty cool and understand that what her assets are. Like she's doing a lot of advertising just about being juggie. Yeah, Like she's like she knows what time it is now, she's she's smart, she's getting in And here's the other thing that's tough to maintain over time. So you really need to cash in in your twenties when that's what you are. She's she's about to be in a movie.
Speaker 2: It's not well, they're probably shooting it now where she's a boxer and she's, uh, this is going to change her career dynamic of playing the same girl from season one of White Lotus and the girl from Euphoria. She's gonna take on a serious role as a boxer that is not the hottest person. It's like when when Margot Robbie did it Tanya, Yeah, that type of thing.
Speaker 1: Who's the one of those two she did? Uh with the movie where she was the prostitute that started murdering? Yes, indeed she looked rough in that she did. Yeah, so maybe she's trying to get away. I don't know, Chris, She's not a great actor, though.
Speaker 2: You know it's pretty good in euphoriaky playing herself just a sex kitten. I'm more interested in all this entire thing is like, what's going on with the menu at Joe Leo fin before they.
Speaker 1: Haven't I'm wondering why we've never been there? Their thing? Uh So we have a listener named Joe Leone okay too, So I wonder if that's his text mess Joe Leo, you'll see.
Speaker 2: Weird story from the World of Robots and AI. So, Susanne Summer's husband made a robot with her voice. And this is very strange because the robot doesn't look just like her, but he's acting like she does. And I'm gonna let you hear fake Susanne Summer's robot right here.
Speaker 3: And everything from my love and here.
Speaker 2: Okay, she her robot at some panel at some something con whatever.
Speaker 1: She as a robot.
Speaker 2: She's dead, by the way, as a robot said what's your favorite memory of us? And listen to how he very old response. Okay, wait he did. He answered a question with a question. She said, what's your favorite memory of us? And he said, what's your favorite memory that we shared? In his best Gary Busey voice. Who's he saying that to robody?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 1: Suzanne Somemers, Yeah, why didn't the robots say, don't answer my question with a question. Well, here's her right of us?
Speaker 2: What's your.
Speaker 1: Oh, there are so many. One of my favorites is when Ala and I are building and cookies I'm moving together.
Speaker 2: A long time Bone had a little sat in the blunder, let's just say goes planned and the end.
Speaker 1: Of a wearing order the mooth than they actually made. He laught so hard and it became a running Joe in your house, those light hearted moments that really very us closer together. It's really terrifying.
Speaker 4: It's I'm looking at the picture and you're right, it looks nothing like.
Speaker 1: It's shocking, and he's acting like it's normally. It's my it's my wife. Who does it look like?
Speaker 2: Uh, Suzanne Summer's minus Okay, because yeah, if you can make a robot look like Suzanne Summers and her prime, I'll buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I would just call it Chrissy. She's kind of creepy, creepy Okay, creepy crissy. Yeah, that's not Susan. So okay, that's the one that's been going around. Okay, So we had a we had video of this robot on our benin Skin Facebook page. So that is they must have put her voice in that. They put her voice in that, okay, because that is the latest model that's been going around of late. Is there a is there a video of that robot doing a bunch of thigh Master work. I was just walking.
Speaker 2: This guy's insane, though I do love just question getting into I can argument with the robot though, no I asked you anything.
Speaker 1: Did she refer to him by name while answering his question? She called him Alan? Yeahah, so she didn't say you. She said Alan Alan.
Speaker 2: And then told some story in her NPR voice that they had a blender mishap and let's just say, more of the shakedout on us than it did in the cup. Okay, well, messy, mess, mess that's a lot of innuendo.
Speaker 1: You in a kitchen, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Pretty good the Black Mirror episode. And then they get sad because you can't create new memories. It's only the old memories they.
Speaker 1: Keep bringing up. Is it really something very similar to this situation? Yeah, that's that's the beauty of the robot. He can create new memories with the robot. Yeah. Fun times. Otherwise you would just watch videos. I don't think this guy can get hard. What just happened? What just happened on our radio show? A company called Poppy. You know, if you've heard of Poppy. They sell these drinks.
Speaker 2: They're like sodas, probiotic sodas, so it's like, if you're trying to cut back on coke, this is something I do. I drink like Zevia, these brands of cokes that don't have calories, Zema, Zevia, Zema, and so it's like a little healthy that, don't you know at least they say, you know, at least on the can, you're not getting all those sugars in here.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So there's this couple in Dallas who started making this brand called Poppy, and they started out in the farmer's market and after a few years I think they even went on Shark Tank and now they have sold to Pepsi for two billion dollars. Damn Man Allison and Steven Ellsworth started at the Dallas farmers market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just mix some ingredients in their kitchen, right, and then.
Speaker 2: Made a concoction out of fruit juices, apple cider, vinegar, probiotics and then us like steavy a for your artificial sweetener.
Speaker 1: Boom, We got these drinks. They got cool little cans. They're in stores.
Speaker 2: You see them, a like he got to citral Market or Whole Foods, you might you would see him there. And then now okay, well they're getting kind of popular. Now we need them in six packs, Now we need them in twelve packs, and then Pepsi's like, okay, I'll just jump in and give you two billion dollars and you guys can go off to an island. It's amazing how fast that can turn. And I understand like the need for all of that.
Speaker 1: Did y'all see this story about this twenty eight year old influencer she just was. She drank tony of the caffeine caffeinated energy drinks and she had a heart attack at twenty eight. Oh how many and suffer a fatal brain damage. I don't know how many. But she was like a twenty eight year old workout queen, just cramming these drinks and have brain in Those are the worst things for you? Are the energy drinks? Yeah? Sure? And are we're trying to tell our kids, hey, stop drinking these things? Yeah, drink alcohol like dad? Good job.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You guys want to do the big finish? I think we should. Yep. What's going to happen in it?
Speaker 2: Who wants to tease it? Papers is a rock? One two shoot, one two shot? I got it. This restaurant is trying to rebrand to save themselves. And yes, the segment does involve boobies.
Speaker 1: Let's go all right, it is the bin and Skin Show, not at some point one the Eagle. Don't forget Dallas Mavericks basketball on the air tonight. They are going to have the Brooklyn Nets in town, and there's rumors that both centers are going to be back. Maybe one we'll see. But you can hear all the action right here with Coop and demeris starting at seven thirty. Pre game starts at seven. Now. This segment is brought to you by a Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery there in Salina, Texas that Ben and I are partners in another great weekend out in Salina. But you can get us out and about all over the place, especially the big German, which is our delicious Colt style ale, and it's on tap at places like Pluckers, Kane Rosso, Fortunate Son, Good Friend. If you're going to the game tonight, it's at the American Airlines Center. It's a Hero right there. It's at Shop Shop right there. It's out and about now. We're also in a lot of different grocery stores and places like Total Wine and more. There's like eighty Tom thumb that you can buy Rollertown at hgb's on and on. Go to your favorite place, whether it's a bar or a restaurant, and if they're not carrying Rollertown beer works, ask them to carry it. Tell them, hey, Benny Keith is the distributor. It's real easy to get. Could a Rollertown? Did you go singular on Tom thumb? That was interesting. You said, there's like eighty Tom thumb, and that may be the right way to do it. I don't know the answer. I mean, I I don't know what I said, but I don't now, I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: There's eighty They're an eighty Tom thumb. That probably was wrong, couldn't It could have been no Tom thumb's you would say eighty Tom thumb.
Speaker 1: I say, what did you say? On dime? Tom? Thyme? Tom would be one of those that it's a different word when it's.
Speaker 2: Oh, well no, no thumb is like fish, right, But it's not. You say, thumb's not because you heard the phrase, man, that guy's all thumbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like deer. It's not that guy's all.
Speaker 2: Thumb, because then it would just imply that he was just like a big dowe like the body of Okay.
Speaker 1: Think about an arm that doesn't go into a hand, It just goes into one giant thumb. Would that be? Those are called butchers. Yeah, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: That's how our butcher friends. We've had a harrowing thing at the workplace. Out of the herowin thing, ptsc herrowing, who, who do you guys think of our coworkers? Is most likely to get strung out on Heroin.
Speaker 1: Seven? Sale? Yeah, just straight to sales. I think we're all thinking of the same person. Business.
Speaker 2: Let's still a business today.
Speaker 1: Neil Kifer just say, let's do some business today. I did.
Speaker 2: Neil Kaifer is the CEO of a hospitality group that was the parent company who created Hooters, and then they ended up splitting off over the years. He still owns twenty two Hooters restaurants. But Neil just did a big interview with Bloomberg. And the point of this is in February, it was reported that Hooters is nearing bankruptcy. So instead of having to file for it, they do think they can stave it off a little bit. And here's what Neil's strategy is. He said that if we can rehooterize hooter, maybe up the image a little bit.
Speaker 1: Hooter. Oh he called it the rehooterization of hooter of Hooters. He didn't say the rehooterization, Yeah, he didn't, so he went single Neil. So what he's saying is that he thinks that if.
Speaker 2: We can stop the idea that in some parts of the country, the idea that eating at Hooters is a sin, then maybe we don't have to be bankrupt. And I'll tell you, I think he's kind of right, but I'm not sure his plans are going to work.
Speaker 1: I think it's this. I think I think the world shifted on him, and I don't think that. I mean, first of all, it is kind of like a topless waitress with tops on while you get wings. You can't really take your whole family there, right have I would agree, kind of like a strip club light Yeah, but not but not. But I guess what I'm saying. I agree with everything you're saying, But I'm saying, has there ever been a time where you can people bring their fans? But I'm wondering where has their where is their share gone? It could be that people are just because people can see actual boobies everywhere. Now, that's what I think it is that they don't need to go. Hooters exploded in the nineties, right late eighties nineties, and that was before the pervasiveness it was just so easy to get porn now, and so I think like dudes were more revved up to go see someone scantily clad while eating wings than they are now. Like the rev isn't there because like to Ben's point, boobies are everywhere.
Speaker 2: He's sensitized. Yeah, isn't that it? I mean because I did part of it for sure? Do you know the Hooters' origin story?
Speaker 1: No, so that Neil guy took a bite out of a wing and looked up and saw a giant boob right as he did it, and so really, oh my god, simple like I as he was tasting the wing, huh huh, and I actually he was eating a thigh. Oh, how's it not a movie? It is?
Speaker 2: Well, for here's the first thing they're doing. They're gonna do away with hooters infamous bikini nights.
Speaker 1: What I didn't know that was a thing.
Speaker 2: I had no idea is that is that the same as the thong night promotion. Christina, if you met my wife, Kat, and I told you that we met because she worked at Hooters, would you think differently of her?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: It would totally make sense. I'm like, yeah, she's hot, so definitely makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, let's go. What do you mean to the restaurant eat some wings? She's just being nice and supportive because she does. Right now, She's like, I don't know, a cat may have worked there. I think we all thought cat worked at Hooters.
Speaker 1: She didn't. What about a Hooters that is classy and it's older women with and they're not like wearing like bathing suits, but just you can definitely see there's some cleavage involved when they bring you the the wings in a classy way, some glasses. I'd like to what I'd like to do. My concept is to merge Hooters with the whole Poncho's idea. And instead of raising the flag, you honk a horn and it's called honkers horn. Okay, right, so whenever you want them to bring more wings, you honk the horn. Well that's you honk that and then the chick brings you. But they already do that. They get Cooters. That the place where they play the dukes of Hazard themes song. Oh yeah, Christina, you've been to already. So Cooters is great because that's different. They're the the waitresses are bottomless.
Speaker 2: And Ben Jones, the actor, would famously, you know, show up, you know, once a month to some of these locations.
Speaker 1: It was kind of a dude, I don't It's a different time, different era. I don't know, you know, it used to be so great to go there.
Speaker 2: I used saying, yeah, hell yeah, dude, let's go eat some delicious wings and stare at boobs.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just like, man, and that's just creepy. I don't even remember the last time I was out of hoop right, And there are some restaurants where that's their theme.
Speaker 2: You know, we're gonna sex it up. But I'm just like, eh, I'm worried about her, Like, what's her dad situation. Let's rescue her out.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's just trying to get a paid check too, though, you know, I think like once Pluckers entered my realm, the wings are really really good. Yeah, and so I was like, I'm just gonna go to Pluckers and you can bring your own jugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's your Hooters News of the Day. And think we'd have that now. It's a portion of the show that's called Kevin Force. Is something from SNL on Everybody? Oh, it's called Monday Christina, Yep, can we craik my audio up? Joe Anne Fabrics is a store I've never been to or really seen in person until on my way into work today I saw one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's well, not a ton, but there's some.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they do, but they had Joe Anne from Joe and Fabrics on SML and Saray not.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny. Wan's is more than just a store. It's a sanctuary for women who were pans to the beach.
Speaker 2: Where are we gonna go?
Speaker 1: I don't know Target or Michaels, Michaels, Michael's Arts and Crafts. Let me tell you a little something about Michael.
Speaker 2: He Oh my god, didn't.
Speaker 1: You can't just say that. I don't even know what I can say anymore.
Speaker 2: She don't worry about it. Who is that? That's a new cast member, Ashley Padilla. She's very good.
Speaker 1: Is she hot? I mean? What if she was working out a Hooters? Would you go there? Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, it wouldn't really change my if I if I wanted to go to Hooters, I just go. I wouldn't think of who's on the staff working today.
Speaker 1: She's not. She's pretty good. I like her. Yeah, I've seen her before. She's kind of her voice sounded like Kidie Gardner to me.
Speaker 2: See, she's getting a lot of comparisons to both Heidi and Kristin Wig and she's not that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but she's kind of her own thing. Okay, uh, just give me some day. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: I did not see the Michaels raped me joke coming though, and then no, he didn't.
Speaker 1: It's just kidding.
Speaker 2: And she was like sniffing a marker because she's just like they're going makeup. I thought it's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was funny. So I don't I've seen this fabric store, but I you know, I've never gone in it. Is it women's clothes? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's fabric you actually buy to sew your own clothes or do whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a Michael's person, so god, I can't imagine that's a good business. Yeah, I can make your own clothes or you know, some people will like uh re upholster chair, some things like that this is some arts and craft type stuff, fabrics stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's soggy thing I know anything about. No, but I think it's it's kind of funny, like oh, Joanne's fabric, So I've probably heard of it. And then today, driving in a sol one, I've thought about going in.
Speaker 1: Really, where'd you see it? Because I'll think, I don't even know if I've ever said parkway. I had to run to make a return. Hold on, hold on, hold on, what were you doing?
Speaker 2: I had to make a return of where the PGA tour superstore. I want some shorts that didn't quite fit me the way I wanted them to.
Speaker 1: Too tight. Now they're too short. I don't like these.
Speaker 2: This new trend of the shorts being way above the knees. Huh that all the kids are doing.
Speaker 1: It's not for me. You should at least get to the knee. It's kind of struggle. Let the NBA go go through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shorts, Max, Christy, dude, pull your shorts down, brother, Yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: You know Christina knits, Is that right? I was knitting last night, wet last night. I was, yeah, she's amazing. She'll go to a yarn store.
Speaker 4: That's why I go to Michael's. I get my yarn at Michael's. Until now, I didn't know what. I didn't know what he did to.
Speaker 2: Joanne's going through it. Twenty three and Meters file for bankruptcy. That's the Genetics testing company and they filled for Chapter eleven because they got hacked. This was weird for them is they got hacked a few years ago, but they were huge during COVID. It's like a lot of people are spending money. Let's find out my ancestry, which I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you really want to know? Yeah? I think you want to know. But it's like I saw that people were concerned about it getting hacked, and they were like, man, you got to get your information out of there. I'm like, what what could be dangerous about that? It's no different than whatever is in your bank right now. But I mean, they don't have my Social Security card or anything. They don't know that number, or they don't have my credit card number or anything. Right, So I think like there's just a whole generation of people, you know, or a couple of generations of people that are like, oh, so that's my dad. Interesting, I didn't know. I mean, I told you guys this we have a whole new half sister on Tricia's fat family that we never knew he had. And her dad was like, I remember that lady. Seriously, he goes, I remember her. She went back to Sweden right after our date. Never knew Wow. And then you know she reaches out to him when she fifty happened to Don Nelson. Was there contraception back then? I mean, dude, it just didn't feel as good. Christina, are you gonna play music before the MAVs? Yeah? Yeah, I got a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play What are you thinking of playing the good stuff?
Speaker 1: I think that's gonna do it for us today. I feel like we ended on a high. Yeah. I'll never forget the time Kat looked Michael dead in his eye and he said.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've lost a step, need a little more energy the low T Center. There's something you should maybe try out.
Speaker 1: That sold it. Christina is going to play music for an hour and then we have MAVs pre game at seven right here on the Eagle. There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude, God bless Jesus