Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio Appen.
Speaker 2: Shannon, it's Carson here.
Speaker 3: Probably the reason that you're getting those ads is because you talk about genitalia.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Show, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: At least that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thank you. I didn't understand why I was getting those ads, but now it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Well, and I don't quite understand why I was getting those.
Speaker 5: Breast pump pump as well.
Speaker 1: Because we were talking about how we want Jacob to make a baby.
Speaker 4: But Jacob's not going to be You're not going to nurse the baby, or I'll still need a breast pump in the heart.
Speaker 5: I'm not somebody will.
Speaker 3: A Shannon, your karma is running over my dogma. Karma is not a Christian thing. Karma is an Eastern religion, like the deal Jesus karma.
Speaker 5: I didn't even catch that.
Speaker 3: I didn't think dogma. So don't let your karma run over my dogma.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Shannon.
Speaker 6: You don't get to choose your own contrition, so you don't need the rosary unless the priest tells you, you got right.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows this, Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 6: If he says Hail Mary's, if he says our fathers, that's what you do.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what the priest tells you.
Speaker 1: I always had a question about that, because as kids at Catholic school, we'd go to confession something ridiculous like once every two weeks, because as a nine year old, you're really confessing a lot, and you had to lie. You had to make things up because like you're nine, you didn't do anything wrong, but you have to go and say, I fought with my brother, I talked back to my parents, so that like you could confess something, which is why they just guilt you into this. They get you on the guilt train real early in that faith. And listen, I did my time. I can talk about it. And so you go to confession and the priest says, you know, okay, I talked back to my parents. Oh you know you shouldn't do that. No, I know I shouldn't do that. All right, here's to why don't you do? Two Hail Mary's and three our Fathers, the sign of the Cross, Father's Son, Holy Spirit. And off you go to the pew. You kneel down and you say that the two are fathers and the three hail Marys.
Speaker 2: What have you?
Speaker 1: Well, the kid next to me, he's got five hail Marys and three our fathers or what have you. How does the priest decide how to divvy out the our fathers and the hail Mary's, Like, what rises to the level of me getting another hail Mary? How does that work? How do they decide? And is it across the board or is it kind of just you know, whatever they feel like that day? Like what if the priest has a bad day. The priest wakes up and he spills his coffee on himself driving to work, he's pissed off. He gets there, the eu chorus hasn't been cooked yet, and he's pissed off. That day, I'll probably get more our fathers and hail Mary's. Right, shouldn't there be like a book that tells you across the board so everyone's treated.
Speaker 4: Fairly every day. I can't tell if you're arguing in favor or against the Catholic religion.
Speaker 1: I just think that there's a way to clean it up. Clean it up a little bit may transparent, That's what.
Speaker 4: You worry about the Catholic churches whether or not everybody gets the same acts of contrition.
Speaker 2: Huh okay, Shannon, you forgot to list the act of contrition on your prayers. Have a good day, thank you.
Speaker 1: See, we're all in this together. It's time for swamp.
Speaker 5: Swamp is safe politics.
Speaker 2: It makes us like a reality TV sho bad news. Always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe.
Speaker 4: A town hall too, clearly built on a swamp in so many ways, still a swamp.
Speaker 5: I have to watch my workey said the swamp, I said, Oh, that's so.
Speaker 1: You know the thing?
Speaker 4: Well, last night, last night Kamala Harris went on CNN for a town hall.
Speaker 5: This was actually the date. I didn't realize this until this morning.
Speaker 4: This would have been the date of the second debate between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris, but he didn't want to do the second debate. So last night she stands up there with Anderson Cooper and talks about all kinds of different issues, and in all honesty, CNN didn't let her get away with a bunch of stuff. One of the questions that came up with Anderson Cooper was, hey, You've been in DC, in the White House for three and a half almost four years, now, how come you haven't done the things that you say you're going to do.
Speaker 7: I bring a whole set of different experiences to this job and the way I think about it.
Speaker 5: Then, Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Some voters, though, might ask, you've been in the White House for four years.
Speaker 4: You were vice president, not the president, But why wasn't any of that done.
Speaker 2: For the last four years?
Speaker 7: Well, there was a lot that was done, but there's more to do, Anderson, and I'm pointing out things that need to be done that haven't been done but need to be done. And I'm not going to shy away from saying, hey, these are still problems that we need to fix.
Speaker 1: All I can hear is Mayo Randolph saying, Joe Biden, Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: The performance last night. I said this earlier.
Speaker 4: There's something about her that I still think is that she can be likable, like in a room, She's probably a vibrant person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but her inability to describe.
Speaker 4: Policies that she has worked on with Joe Biden, with Joe Biden, or policies that she would implement herself is starting to show.
Speaker 5: And I'm not the one saying that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I am saying that, but it's repeated by even the people who have up to this point sort of kind of pushed the furniture out of the way for her Dana bash right after that town hall last night.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll just tell you what I'm hearing from people who I have been talking to, and that.
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 8: If her goal was to close the deal, they're not sure she did that. And you know, some people have asked, is she being held to a different standard? Maybe, but that's maybe the world that she's living in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: The other one is David Axelrod, a longtime Obama advisor, CNN talking head now unabashed Democrat, who has said that if this was her closing argument, it wasn't a very good one.
Speaker 9: The things that would concern me is when she doesn't want to answer a question, her habit is to kind of go to world word salad city. And she did that on a couple of answers. One was on Israel, Anderson asked a direct question, would you be stronger on Israel than Trump?
Speaker 2: That was u where she worn't salad seven minute answer, But.
Speaker 1: In the sixty sixteen minutes right now, I think you'd learned from that.
Speaker 4: Well, that's that was That was My point Also is that there are a certain number of questions that you know you're going to get, whether it's in a debate or in a town hall or in some sort of a sit down interview, you know there are questions that you're going to get.
Speaker 5: Be ready for those.
Speaker 4: Part of it is not just her' it's the campaign that's behind her.
Speaker 5: They have to get her ready for this type of a thing.
Speaker 4: She's not an idiot, she's not a dumb dumb she can clearly put together answers. But when she does this thing because she either doesn't know, she's not prepared, she doesn't have the answer directly, is that she talks around it. And that's you know, that's what David Axelros says, when well, and it's fine, it is the word salad city.
Speaker 1: It's not creative because sometimes you can be filibustered when you're asking a question, and if they're very good at it, you don't realize it. And you know, but she's obviously talking around whatever the question may be. A new survey from Pew Research Center found that seventy three percent of voters believe that this year's election will be very or somewhat well run. Now there's a significant party divide. Ninety percent of Kamala Harris's supporters believe the election will be well run, but just fifty seven percent of Trump's supporters think it will be well run. Is that going to hurt him? We've talked about it before, the seeds of doubt that he sows with his rallies and his crowds about elections and fair elections and stolen elections. Does that have any impact on people getting to the polls?
Speaker 4: You mean supporters who might doubt whether their vote is even going to be counted. Yeah, I guess I don't know. It'd be kind of hard to put a number on that, or a percentage of people that would stay away from the polls just because they don't think it's valid in.
Speaker 5: The first place.
Speaker 4: The thing is, you know, Tuesday, November fifth, we're not going to get a whole lot of answers. Unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Let's actually go to La City Hall.
Speaker 4: Mayor Karen bass is talking about what is going to be an absolute nightmare traffic wise tomorrow night and see what's going on.
Speaker 6: Everyone with all of these events in town over the next few days. Consider this practice for what will be coming in years to come.
Speaker 2: Our messages.
Speaker 6: La is ready, No, it's not the World Cities, the World Series, ready to welcome visitors from near and far, and most importantly, ready to win. But I have to begin by acknowledging the great loss that is being mourned all across our city and actually our nation to millions. Fernando Valenzuela was more than a baseball player. He was an icon that transcended the limits of hopes and dreams. He was a world champion through and through. I know that he will be in the hearts of many who are here in La and around the world in the coming days, and my thoughts are with his friends and family during this challenging time. And I will say I remember Fernandomania very very well, and I had the honor on a couple of occasions of meeting him, and a few months ago when he was honored at City Hall, I was able to meet him and his family in my office. So my condolences go to all of them. Tomorrow, the Dodgers will take the field for Game one, and the city will be ready to take action as well. After the Dodgers beat the Mets and I was there, I directed city apartments to take action to prepare to ensure Angelinos are safe, traffic is addressed swiftly, and to make sure that Angelinos who might not be able to go to the actual games will still get to safely experience the World Series at watch parties around the city. At my direction, the city's Emergency Operations Center will act activate to a three to coordinate during this major event. LAPD will strategically deploy officers and increase visibility at various venues, while our Fire department will strategically station paramedic and medical personnel to be at the ready. LAPD is also taking proactive steps to ensure that celebrations are peaceful. Traffic, of course, is a top concern for all of US.
Speaker 5: Traffic.
Speaker 6: Transportation is deploying more than one hundred white Glove traffic officers to help with traffic, and our general manager of the Department of Transportation will share more about that in a few minutes.
Speaker 4: All right, well again, Karen Bass, Mayor of Los Angeles, talking about tomorrow's events that are going to be taking place. The keynote event, of course, is going to be Game one of the World Series. But you've also got a usc football game. You've got a Lakers game. You've got concerts both at the Forum at the Into It Dome down in Englewood.
Speaker 5: You've got a high school football game.
Speaker 4: It's so far so there's gonna be a lot going on tomorrow night, starting with the five o'clock first pitch for a for the World Series Game one.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's time for tech Talk.
Speaker 2: The machines are getting smarter. This is tech Talk, brought to you by sky net.
Speaker 1: Mark Saltzman, our tech guru joins us and uh Mark, what are you dressing up as this year?
Speaker 10: I forget I didn't tell you, but it's we're gonna go as the Bundies, married with children. So we're having a house party Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So my wife's got the whole peg Bundy outfit, the big red hair and a leopard skin top and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Saltman party is this?
Speaker 10: Let's yeah, Well, there's no fish bowl at the front of the house and put the keys in nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Good if that's what you're hinting at.
Speaker 10: And I'm gonna go a d bunny, I guess I'll have my hand in my pants.
Speaker 2: Remember remember he did that?
Speaker 1: No way to get exactly right.
Speaker 2: I could do it all Saturday night.
Speaker 1: It's all part of the cove to say you're adjusting.
Speaker 10: Oh boy, yeah, I never thought about that extra benefit to this costume.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 2: But yeah, are you guys doing anything for Halloween?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: Or not?
Speaker 5: People?
Speaker 4: I have a boring neighborhood, which is we don't have a lot of kids in the neighborhood, so nobody does anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just kind of I hear you. Well, adults like to have dress up time too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, adults do like to have dress up time.
Speaker 2: All right, And wait a second, Angelino's is that what you like?
Speaker 10: The people of Los Angeles call themselves? I heard that in your last newscast? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Is that right? I like it? Actually? No, is it new?
Speaker 1: Stupid?
Speaker 5: It's it's not new.
Speaker 4: It's just people keep trying to say it from like city hall, and no one else says it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't exist in normal conversation.
Speaker 2: What would you say before?
Speaker 10: Like, so in Toronto, where I live, we would call ourselves Torontonians.
Speaker 1: People in Los Angeles Okay, so that's how you I.
Speaker 5: Mean it's it's it's you know a lot of syllables.
Speaker 2: But okay, yeah, all right, okay, in a way it's cleaner.
Speaker 1: Those are the same, well one more syllable than Angelino's, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not really that much short shorter.
Speaker 4: You have a great article about some of this new smart home devices that are out there, and some of these are.
Speaker 5: Some of these are amazing that they exist.
Speaker 4: Now, I mean we know things like smart lighting, smart electrical outlets, even stuff like I don't know the security systems that are out there, but.
Speaker 2: Ideo doorbells old news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but smart devices to hook up to plumbing, Yeah, this.
Speaker 10: Is you know, you think about the pain points that we have in our home. Water damage is usually the number one culprit, like for home insurance policies for claims, I should say.
Speaker 2: And so yeah.
Speaker 10: Mowen has a line of smart security smart water security products. One of them is called the Flow Smart water Monitor and shut Off.
Speaker 2: So it's basically a Wi Fi.
Speaker 10: Enabled the valve that you connect to your home's water supply and if it detects an issue like a leaky pipe someone left the tap running where I live. Come this time of year, it could be a frozen pipe, any issue. It not only turns off the water supply to your home to minimize damage, but pushes a notification to your phone. There's an app where it will say, hey, we've discovered this issue, and then you can pinpoint it right. And if you're not at home again, you can minimize damage by having you know, someone come and look at what's going on if they have a subpump monitor that tracks your water usage twenty four to seven. And then inexpensive little leak sensors that you would place around a vulnerable area of your home, maybe near I don't know a window, or you know, I don't know, a washing machine, a dishwasher, and if it detects any moisture at all, it pushes a notification. And if you have that flow flo monitor and shut off, it'll turn it off.
Speaker 2: So that's really, I think a very practical pick.
Speaker 10: And you can can get a deal often on your home insurance premiums if you've got something like this installed as much as ten percent where I live, which I think is great.
Speaker 2: And then for.
Speaker 10: Electricity, if you again where I live again, I can just tell you it's very expensive when we consume electricity for our appliances are the big culprits. So there are devices now that you can connect to your electrical panel that will give you a real time look at the energy that you're consuming, and it will give you insights on an app, a companion app I'm referring to the Schneider Electric app or Schneider Home app. It uses these Wiser branded devices that you would have installed professionally. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this to their circuit board or electric panel without knowing what they're doing, but it'll give you in real time an idea of how much energy you're consuming and when, and then have some actionable insights, like for example, with an inexpensive smart plug, you can get like a four pack for under thirty dollars. That's what you plug your appliances into, and then you can set schedules so it runs certain times of the day.
Speaker 2: We have in.
Speaker 10: Toronto we have on peak hours, off peak and mid peak where we pay different rates for electricity throughout the day. So these are great and they also act by the way as they cut vampire power, which when your appliances are plugged in and even when they're not on, they still suck electricity from you know, which costs you money on your monthly utility bill. So things like that I think are very smart to water electricity. I wrote about smart shades, like a device that you can connect to any beaded chain, metal or plastic to raise or lower your blinds automatically, you know, certain times of the day, or using your voice with a smart speaker. The company is called rise r Yse and they have a product called smart Shade. It's about one seventy nine and it doesn't matter how big or heavy the blinds are, as long as it's got a beaded chain. You connect this little device to it. You can use an app to raise or lower the blinds. You can use your voice with the smart speaker. As I mentioned, there's a button on the device itself or set schedules and it'll cut down again on your energy usage by lowering the blind certain times of the day so your air con isn't working as hard.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I hope you uh, I'm glad you enjoyed the article. I thought there were some good practical picks here.
Speaker 5: Well some of them.
Speaker 4: The smart TV on the go thing was was interesting, but it feels like it's just the logical progression of or an alternative maybe to carrying an iPad around or even your phone, because it's it's a TV. It's a wireless TV.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so you're referring to the LGS stand by me. It's on a stand and you can look at the TV screen by the way, vertically or horizontally. If you're looking at content like from Instagram or TikTok, you may have it in vertical or portrait format, but then you can make it widescreen again or landscape and yeah, you roll it around.
Speaker 2: It's on wheels and it's legit like Wally right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well it doesn't it doesn't navigate by.
Speaker 5: TV all back.
Speaker 2: I like the idea.
Speaker 10: Let's say you have you have the kids over for a sleepover. They don't normally have a TV in their room. You can just roll that into the room and they can watch a Disney flick and then when they fall asleep, you roll it into the kitchen to follow along with a recipe, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean I kind of like that.
Speaker 10: You do a fitness class, you know, and it's got I think three hours of battery life before you need to plug it in. And it can stream from your It's got that built in Chrome Cast, so you can stream or cast content from your phone or tablet or laptop to the TV as well. So yeah, it's yeah, it's about nine ninety nine LG stand by me. It's a twenty seven inch touchscreen display again that can be rotated and swiveled.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so a few things. I looked at. A high tech food processor that works with an app and so on and so forth.
Speaker 10: If anybody wants to read this article, you can just google my name, Mark Saltsman, Mark with a C, Saltsman with a Z and type in smart home or home smart home.
Speaker 2: And you'll see that article.
Speaker 4: Quick note you asked you mentioned the Schneider Electric Square d Wiser Energy smart home monitor, and that that would be probably something unless you're pretty advanced in terms of doing electrical around your house. You'd want somebody to come in and install it. What about the Flow smart water monitor? Is that something a home owner could do? Or you want to call in a plumber to put that on?
Speaker 10: So I know people have done it themselves if you're savvy enough, sure, but I would for any of these things, I would probably have a pro to it and you probably don't have to break the bank. You can use those apps where you can find a vetted technician come to your home.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you know what you're doing, great.
Speaker 10: And by the way, there's different sizes like a three quarter inch like you know, one inch like depending on the flow of the water into your home, right you know the pipe, So there's different options there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you're what you're doing, go for but it's probably best to have a pro to it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I hope that Alan and Peg have a great Alan party, have fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know right, I can't believe I said that on the air. Why all those Angelinas are going to judge me?
Speaker 1: All the Angelinas they you're much worse out of US.
Speaker 4: Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln is busy. He says he expects negotiators to meet in the coming days to talk about a ceasefire in Gaza, this elusive ceasefire, but it has remained unclear whether Hamas is actually going to come to the table. That Hamas might be willing to re engage in these talks after Israel killed its leader, so she'll see.
Speaker 1: They're now referring to Trump as clear and present Danger yesterday? Was Hitler today? Bring on Sean Connery and the Russian submarine? Was that the offer October? Oh? What was clear in present Danger about?
Speaker 5: Was it Ben affleck?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I hope not for Remember who was in that one? You're talking about Tom Clancy?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, it was Harrison Ford. Hm. So no Russians or not?
Speaker 5: You can try it again. I mean, sure there was Russians.
Speaker 1: But the whole thing away, Connery goes away, the Russians, It's all ruined.
Speaker 4: I like the effort, though, I don't even want to talk about this. Sean Didty now is Sean Didty Combs is a bad person, awful monster. It sounds like, and we have been saying that the the that monster kind of rubs off on the people who allowed this day.
Speaker 1: There are both Tom Clancy books.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I knew that I did it. Oh, I knew exactly. I knew what. I knew what you were going for. Okay, yes, all right, it was just a swing. It's a foul ball. Nineteen contact.
Speaker 1: It was nineteen ninety. Reference is always very strong in twenty twenty four. I'm like handle now.
Speaker 4: Federal lawsuit filed this week in the Southern District of New York. Involves a woman identified as Jane do So. She was thirteen years old when she was raped by Sean Combs and and a male celebrity. In the lawsuit, it only uses the term celebrity a was there was a female celebrity in the room who watched the attack, apparently also described as celebrity b.
Speaker 1: I was reading through this story this morning, and I was thinking about how quiet people are about Ditty, because so many celebrities were at his parties, and so many people must be so terrified of that coming out that they were involved at all, Because when you think about these parties and the length of time we're talking about, hundreds and hundreds of people were right there, They were in the arena when all of this horror was going on.
Speaker 4: Well, and I mean we talked about Tony Busby. Buzzby is that his name, the attorney out of Houston who solicited all of this information and was the one who originally filed one hundred and twenty lawsuits and said that he could file more. The family is saying that these claims against Ditty this is Ditty's family have claimed that these claims against him, sorry have spiraled into absurdity, and that these lawsuits keep coming and that they're trying to basically outdo each other with how salacious they can be, and that this is one of those versions.
Speaker 5: This girl.
Speaker 4: Said she was outside Radio City Music Hall trying to talk her way into the VMAs in New York City, approached several limo drivers. One of them claimed that he was working for Ditty Combs. He told her that Sean like younger girls and that she fit what Diddy was looking for and invited her to an after party and told her to come back later that night. When she did, this limo driver took her to a large white house gated U shaped driveway. She was told to sign a non disclosure agreement. At the party itself a bunch of drinks, loud music, cocaine, marijuana. She said she finished one drink orange juice, cranberry juice and something bitter and began to feel lightheaded and found an empty bedroom to that's a good idea. That's when Diddy walked in with the two celebrities. If you need rest, leave the party always and you yeah and not alone? Yeah, all right, coming up next. That's right, that's right, it's the big twelve o'clock hour. It is, it is, It's crazy, isn't it. What time does that start at twelve o'clock?
Speaker 5: Excellent?
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon will continue at twelve o'clock. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app