Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim Kains.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. You hope you're enjoying this cool, overcast, rainy at times Monday night. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers five and zero to start this season. After an opening weekend that including the unveiling of the World Series banner and the sweep of the Detroit Tigers, the Dodgers are back at it with the start of a three game set against the Atlanta Braves tonight. Tyler Glass now on the mound. First pitch coming up at seven to ten, coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassi goes one on one with Eric Carrols. We got your Dodgers magical moments. I've got your price picks, double play of the day. We're gonna get the latest on Freddie Freeman, who is not in the lineup tonight because he slipped in the shower over the weekend and retweaked his right ankle. More on that throughout the Dodgers on Deck Show, including with Kirsten Watson in just a little bit. In a few minutes, we'll check it with Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday out the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth Well Saturday at Dodgers Stadium. It was a rough night for rookie, but the Dodgers bailed them out. Twenty three year old rookie Sasaki made his Dodger Stadium debut. The right handers struggle with his control forty one pitches in the first inning, twenty more in the second. Sasaki lasted only any in two thirds, giving him two runs on three hits while walking four along the way. The Dodgers offense bailed them out. Started in the bottom of the first. Freddie Freeman a solo home run, did at the second Michael Confordo at RBI double that tied the game of two. Then in the fifth, the Dodgers took the lead thanks to ta Oscar.
Speaker 3: Two to one and this one down the third. That's a fair ball. It's gonna roll in the foul territory. There comes Confordo on this score. Otani's rounding third. He's coming to the plate, the throws lay.
Speaker 4: He's in safely.
Speaker 3: It's a two up, two run double for Tatasker Hernandez and the Dodgers lead.
Speaker 2: At Ford to two run double for Tale. That's the top tier play the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers of four to two. In the sixth, they added to that Will Smith a solo home run, his first of the season, Dodgers of five to two. Then in this seventh Dodgers of five to three, when Tommy Edmund got the home run.
Speaker 3: Fun continuing and Edmund patting left handled against Ken tom Mayada, the former Dodger, and Tommy swings and hits a drive deep right center of that bull is back.
Speaker 4: It has gone.
Speaker 2: Home run Tommy with another tank.
Speaker 4: His third home.
Speaker 3: Run of the season of the Dodgers lead at six to three.
Speaker 4: Oh, how do you like it?
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmond with a.
Speaker 3: Flash to greet kent to Mayeta, the new Detroit pitcher.
Speaker 2: Solo home run for Tommy Edmond, his third of the season, Dodgers a six to three lead, and they weren't done. Later in the inning, Freddy Freeman an RB double scoring show Hey Dodgers a seven to three lead. The offense more than enough. Even with the short out from Roki Sasaki, the Dodgers bullpen had to cover seven and a third innings. They were great, all of them, allowing just one run on three hits while striking out eleven. Dodgers going to beat the Tigers on Saturday seven to three. Anthony Bonda gets the win. Dodgers finish off the sweep of the Detroit Tigers. They improved to five and zero on this season. After a day off yesterday, the Dodgers homesteak continues with a three game series against the Atlanta Braves. Tyler glassnow on the mountain in his first start to this season, and with more. We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, thank you Tim here with Rick Monday nineteen eighty one World Series champion and mo your team began that campaign six to zero here in twenty twenty five. This Dodgers team trying to follow suit in a couple of ways, right, winning the first six games and then also winning the very last game of the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think if you look at the Dodgers a lot of different reasons. They are five and oh to start with, and just having swept that series against the Tigers. The offensively and not a high batting average, but very effective when needed to be and collect base hits. And the pitching has been right on the money. Starting pitchers still trying to stretch things out. The bullpen has been very, very good. And on the flip side, you look at the Atlanta Braves oh and four swept in that series in San Diego, and the last time the Braves started the season OH and four, he go back to twenty twenty one, But they're not the only team OH and four this year, Detroit, Milwaukee and Minnesota still looking for their first victory. Has actually got under way today.
Speaker 5: Well for Atlanta, I guess if you're trying to find a silver lining, oh, we started that twenty twenty one year over or the winning.
Speaker 2: The World Series.
Speaker 5: So we'll see if they can finally turn things around. One thing we do want to say, both teams are going to be without two presumptive members of their starting lineup. First, let's get to the Dodgers. Freddie Freeman, of course, facing his old team, Well, he's not in the lineup for this series opener. Dave Roberts told the media there was a mishap in the shower for Freddy at home and he tweaked his surgically repaired right ankle. Now Freddie did as Freddy usually does, which is protest and try to play. But Dave said they don't anticipate it being a long term issue. But Mo, that is a concern, I think, Danny Dodger Viner, here's a wait. Tweaking is surgically prepared right ankle. That was a big deal for a master.
Speaker 6: Thank you long term also, Stephen, because they want Freddy Freeman for the long term of the season. And if that means missing a game or two or three, maybe even the rest of this homestand there's another travel day in between, going on that road trip to Philadelphia and then to our nation's capital, that's all well and good. They can afford to do that for another three games very very easily. And in the meanwhile, it's going to be k k Hernandez starting at first base today, So Dave Roberts juggles the lineup around a little bit. Michael Confordo again is in left field and he will Ban in the cleanup spot. That moves to Oskar Hernandez up to the number three spot in right. But they're looking at the big picture on that end of it. That's for the Dodger side. And then we understand today that the Atlanta Rays will be missing someone on their side for a considerable period of time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would be Jerks and profile o old nemesis of the Dodgers from last year with the Padres of course, and mister irrelevant to from that first series with Will Smith the exchange and Profar. Look, you had a career year in twenty twenty four, parlaid that into a multi year contract with the Braves. But today he was handed an eighty game ped suspension tested positive for hCG, which, according to the reports of the experts out there and know about it, is a masking agent. So Profar will be out for eighty games and then if it went and mix it to the postseason, he is not eligible to play on that postseason.
Speaker 6: Roster in today's game, And knowing full well what is accepted and not accepted, and you've got medical staff and you've got agents, it's inexcusable, is just that Unfortunately? Okay, fine, ded the test is administered, move him off the sideline.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, We're gonna hit the sideline as well, Tim and get it back to you when we talk to you next. So we'll get into Tyler Glass now is making his season debut tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly. As we counting down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David vet say we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll also got your price picks Double Play of the Day coming up. But up next, it's our Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson as we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves on this Monday and night. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves. On this Monday ninth, start up a three game set against Atlanta Tyler Glass Now and Grant Holmes. A pitching matchup on Championship Hoodie Night out at Dodger Stadium. For pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani three? Why one and two?
Speaker 3: There goes Otani for second base. Pitches down low Rogers throws no chance stolen base number one for showhand show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani with the stolen base on Saturday. He was old for two with to play with two walks. He did score off of those two walks, and you heard the stolen base there his first of the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirsten Now Joints is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids Now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with a K. Donate your car today. Freddie Freeman. Apparently the shower is not a safe place for the Dodger first baseman. He fell he slipped over the weekend and not in the lineup.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're right right now, it's not his favorite place whatsoever. He We all know he had to have surgery this offseason on that right ankle to repair it, the injury that happened at the end of lasher in the regular season, So you know, he was in a pretty good spot when it came to that ankle, just feeling so much better. But unfortunately, like you said, he did slip over the weekend in the shower.
Speaker 1: It just tweaked it.
Speaker 7: Now that being said, we know Freddie Freeman. He wants to get in the lineup every single day. He's a guy you can guarantee who's going to post when you need him. He wanted to be back out there today. Dave Roberts even said that he felt like he was good enough to go today, but they just want to give him this evening. He's day to day right now, continue to see how he feels because it was a surgically repaired ankle and it doesn't make sense to push it if you don't need to. So we'll keep an eye on Freddy's see how he's doing. But he is at to day at the moment.
Speaker 2: Big story in baseball over the weekend. Certainly the Dodgers five and OH Padres four and OH Yankee scored thirty six runs in three games in their series over the weekend. And there's a new bat in baseball that's creating a buzz.
Speaker 1: It's called the torpedo bat.
Speaker 7: And so what has been explained to me of this, you know, one in my lifetime torpedo bat, is that it's the sweet spot is a little bit moved down so that for guys who get jammed a lot, it just puts it so that more weight of the barrel is in that spot, making that the sweet spot. So now this bat feels like it came out of the blue for all of us. And I've asked what the players this as well, and they kind of feel like it has as well. We were told that actually young Carlos Stanton he actually used it in the postseason last year, so he's been more familiar with it. We able to know. As you mentioned the Yankees, they've been using it to start this regular season. None of the guys and the Dodgers at the moment are using the torpedo bat. But when it's all the rage and it's all the crazy. It has been ordered, so a few of the guys have ordered it just to test it out to see if they like it or not, because it really is just depending on where you make contact with the ball, where the sweet spot is for you in your swing, it might make sense for a few guys. So someone like Max Munsey, he did order it just to test it out. He said he should be coming hopefully middle of this week's maybe on Wednesday he should have it. A few others have as well, but it's a bat that's by Marucci, and yeah, they're kind of like, yes, it kind of like it came out as surprise as some of them, but hey, you know what, let's test it out, see if it works. And so if the guys like it based kind of how the wait, how it feels, maybe we'll be seeing more of these torpedo bats. But we definitely have a few guys that are going to be testing them out this week.
Speaker 2: New is always fun, certainly in a game of baseball here, so I appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still they come here on Wrango Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vadego's one on one with Eric Carrolls up next, so we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers Embraves first pitch of seven ten. Tim Kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Anti on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Mango Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday night as we had leads you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Braves Morongo Casino Resort in Spy, a grand slam for good times. Tyler Glassdal and Grant Holmes. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Present if I UCLA healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin Brewisdar Graderol Michael Grove, Kyle Hurts, all on the IL eleven pitchers and all starting the season on the IL. Freddie Freeman not in the lineup tonight as we've been mentioning more on that coming up as well. Throughout the Dodgers on deck pregame and during the game. Freddy Freeman not in the lineup. He tweaked his right ankle that he had surgery on during the off season, slipped in the shower on Saturday night after the Dodgers win. So sad back out the Dodgers, Davy, maybe get a little bit more as we check in the Dodger skipper anything else, Dave?
Speaker 8: Do you questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave?
Speaker 11: He had a little mishap in the shower, Uh, entering the shower the bathtub and so slipped and it was kind of it's the same ankle and so day to day and kind of swelled up a little bit. Not Able to play tonight. Happened Uh two days ago or yeah, or was it yesterday? Maybe yesterday, I think it's or Sunday night something like that or Saturday night something like that. Came in yesterday for treatment. Feels better and just kind of he feels that he could go out there and play, but just kind of the upside downside kind of doing the math just let him kind of recoup today and we'll see how he is tomorrow. You know what, it wasn't one hundred percent, So it wasn't a hundred percent, but still obviously the way he swung the bat in a good spot.
Speaker 2: Was Dave, What can you tell us about torpedo bats?
Speaker 11: You know what, I guess it's just crazy. I just haven't dug into it. It's certainly early and there's kind of people talking about it, but I don't think any of our guys swing that bats, So I'm not sure what it is. Yeah, I just saw a picture of it, but I don't know, you know, the benefits. I don't really know who's using them. I haven't really spent too much time on it.
Speaker 1: Is it surprising to you that, you know, after so many years of you know, making, that they're still kind of finding these new ways to like improve them.
Speaker 11: It's uh, I wouldn't say totally surprising. I guess it's surprising in one sense where baseball is very tradition driven, but I do think that trying to figure out any competitive advantage maximize something a product is not a bad thing, and so certainly nowadays there's a lot more open minded players to kind of if it gives them a chance to perform better.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about everybody else around baseball's talking about torpedo bats and certainly Freddy Freeman's ankle. But he tweaked over the weekend. As we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with David Vass saying as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Braves Championship of Footy night out of Dodger Stadium, first pitch of seven ten, I'm Tim Kates's the world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Monday and night. Tyler Glass now Grant Holmes a pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David, looks like the shower wasn't a safe place for Freddy Freeman over the weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately for Freddy, he had a slip in the shower. I mean when you hear mishap, I mean, that's what you immediately think. And look, Freddie's had to deal with that right ankle since he had surgery on it, and even before as we know, and he was very candid with us in spring training where he said, it's going to have to be managed.
Speaker 4: I might even have to miss day games after night games.
Speaker 8: And look things happened, I mean, right, but it's the ankle hasn't just magically gotten better. It's been swollen like a cantalope. After every one of these games, most players probably would have sat out and been on the il, but Freddy wants to be out there. And that's what makes Freddy Freeman the great player that he is, not only what he does on the field, but the fact that he wants to be out there every day.
Speaker 2: David has turned by four. There's one thing we like. Its choice is fine yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called F one fifty and the Yankee scored thirty six runs in a three game series over the weekend. The talk of baseball right now what they're using at the plate torpedo bets.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just a weight distribution that is a little bit different. I guess they had an mit nerd for lack of a better turn a term, be able to kind of identify where these Yankee hitters hit the baseball the most, and it's not usually on the traditional sweet spot. So they redistributed the weight of the bat and it's well within the rules. And Dodgers hitting coach Rob Van Sooyak was cornered by the beat here at Dodgers Stadium, so I jumped in and here's what he had to say about just hitters trying to even the technical playing field that pitchers have at their advantage.
Speaker 2: It's the big part of it.
Speaker 9: They have track man, they have a lot more info on what they're doing and all that, and we don't capt the bat up to this point, so it's a little bit like less known on our end. So I think guys are gonna try it. I mean, how do you not right?
Speaker 8: I will say this, Tim that I do remember back in twenty twenty one, the Dodgers kind I had Cody Bellinger hooked up to all this machinery because they were trying to fit him like he would if you go to a golf store for customized golf clubs. They were trying to do that back then in twenty one with Cody Bellinger. But it's a field thing for a lot of hitters. It may make practical sense, but guys just don't like the feel of it. But we'll see how many hitters turned to whatever the Yankees are doing.
Speaker 2: Jerks and Profar Dodger is certainly familiar with him with the Padres incident in left field last year. He is now in Atlanta brave, but he will be playing for very long.
Speaker 8: Hey, or Tim orl Herscheizer just stepped in with his brand new right hip into the booth.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 8: He's got his beautiful blue navy blue blazer. Are you wearing his replica jersey right now? Back in the studio? We all want to know, I am not. No, Unfortunately, that's disappointing. Disappointing, Well, Orl's not disappointed. Jerks and Profar is not playing tonight, and neither is Will Smith. Remember last year after a Padre game, he was called mystery relevant by the Dodger catcher after there was some barking going on, and quite honestly, there was a lot of buzz on the field during betting practice from unnamed Dodger players Tim. They will remain unnamed here, but they were talking about the revelation of a season that Jerkson Profar had last year, and it all makes sense now, Dave.
Speaker 2: Any buzz about Rookie Suzaki's outing on Saturday seemed to be.
Speaker 4: There's no crying in baseball.
Speaker 8: That's the buzz to Tim on that sounds good.
Speaker 11: But no.
Speaker 8: Honestly, the one question I want to have with Mark Pryors because I saw a breakdown earlier today with Mark Durosa on Nick Pavetta, and he was explaining how Pavetta is a north and south type of pitcher, and those type of pitchers usually set up from the first base side of the pitching rubber. Sazaki, I went back to look at the film. He's pitching from the third base side of the pitching rubbers, so you know, all these playo balls and everything else.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering if something as simple.
Speaker 8: As moving to the opposite side of the pitching rubber can help him find command of his pitches. So I'll get on that and we'll have the answer for you in the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: All right, Scoop Vessay is on the case and I'm gonna be back reporting in the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from Eric Harrols. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But I'm next you Dodgers Magical Moment as we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves, first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves. Tyler glassnow Grant Holmes a pitching matchup. First pitching Dodger Stabium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: I hot dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot co It's time for the Haffy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well with the Dodgers take on the Braves, we go back to May fourth of last season, Dodgers taking on the Atlanta Braves, a night in which Max Munsey had not one, not two, but three home runs.
Speaker 6: I don't think it'd be a fastball. If it is, I think it'll be in on his hands.
Speaker 3: One two off speed pitches hit well and left indep Colnick back to the track, Klnick.
Speaker 4: To the wall. It's done. A half trick for Monsey, a three home run night. Honey, you like that boy?
Speaker 2: Max is swinging it. It's eleven to two Dodgers, his first career three home run game, Max Munsey last May against the Braves. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue you here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you your prize, Pigs double Play of the Day. And here from Rick Monday as we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Braves, I Tim Kais's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves. Tyler Glass now Grand Holmes. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventen got him.
Speaker 3: With the two for one hard shot to third, drove the second on the first double What double toles peris?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 2: All right, join the more than ten million members playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Just download the free Prize Picks app and use the code go blue. That's go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars a lineup. It's Prize Picks app, Go blue the code. When you sign up for free Prize Picks, you just pick more or less on two players for a shot to win it thousand times your cash, whether it strikeouts RBI's first inning runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks, use the code go blue when you sign up. All right, here are my two picks for tonight, my double play tonight. Grant Holmes and Tyler Glass now combined less than a half run given up in the first inning. Less than a half run given up in the first inning. Also, Max Munsey more or less a half total base in this game. I have to believe Max Mounsey's gonna get on base somehow, So I'm gonna say more more than a half a total base for Max Munsey tonight against the Braves again. Sign up at Prize Picks. Use the code go blue, and you get your first five dollars lineup when you play fifty dollars, get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday Rack.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 8: One of these teams does not have a loss, and one of these teams does not have a win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I don't think we need to put our hands up and vote on the end of them. It's been a start for the Atlanta Braids. They come on. They were swept in that series down in San Diego, including last night, They've been shut out each the last two nights. They've had difficulty once they had been able to get runners on base, and they only had one hit in last night's ball game. By the way, then you look at the flip side of the coin for the Dodgers, yes, five and oh they went six and oh. If you look back in nineteen eighty one, so an opportunity to do that.
Speaker 4: But I think more I know somebody that played on that team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I heard a rumor there were a couple of guys that played on that team too. But I started to analyze really kind of the reason they've been able to get there. The pitching has been there. The bullpen has been sensational. If you look at all five games to this particular point. Starting pitching, there's still kind of measuring things out a little bit more. The hitting has been very, very timely, So we'll find out what's going to happen. Speaking of hitting, one of the problems that we'll talk about it during the ballgame for the Atlanta Breids, one of the few times that they get runners on base. You know, they're only one for twenty two this year with runners in scoring position, that's not going to get it done. But for the Atlanta Braves, they have too much talent to be floundering as they have been to begin with, and we'll find out what happens. They can have been motivated, there's no question about it. In tonight's opening game of the series.
Speaker 8: When I was looking up this serious matchup and I saw that number or the Braves have been against the Padres with runners in scoring position. I thought about one person, and that was you, Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the Dodgers have done a better job than that. Here's the other part. If we're talking about runners in scoring position again, we'll talk about it during the game a little bit more. The Dodgers are ten for thirty three, and talk about what the pitching has done. The opposing hitters in that four game series against the Chicago Cubs, opposing hitters in this homestand just six for forty six. Now it's a low number of hits, but it's a high number of a backs posing teams have had some runners on base, but they not being able to knock them in because a very good pitch is being made.
Speaker 4: Rick, You and I haven't talked about this.
Speaker 8: I know Otani and Betts and Freeman get all the attention, but how vital is Taoscar Hernandez and Tommy Edmond to this team.
Speaker 6: I love the fact that Dave Roberts mentioned Taoscar Tax because he's talking about how you're going to manipulate the lineup. We saw Tiascar hitting the number three spot against lefties he's going to be there again tonight, not in front of Freddie Freeman, the lefty, in front of Michael Conforto, because Freddy Freeman is not able to go because of an injury. If you will at home, so expected to maybe be in there tomorrow. But it's going to be Otani, Betts, Taoscar Hernandez and then Conforto the first four batters Intonight's game. But I agree with you, it's the supporting staff around. You can pitch around basically three guys in a lineup. You can't pitch around nine.
Speaker 4: That's right. It feels like there is no exhaling for a poster.
Speaker 6: There's not a moment that you say, hey, put another quarter in the parking meter, although I don't know if you can. You have to put multiple quarters in parking meters nowadays, but I don't think if you look at this Dodger lineup, it will also have key Key Hernandez at first base in place of Freddy Freeman. There is not one spot in this Dodge your line I freaky say, Okay, I can take a breather. No, you better concentrate because if the bottom of the order gets on base, now you got the big part of the lineup coming on in the top three or four.
Speaker 8: And maybe that's part of the reason why Andy pa has is the number nine hitter to try to turn that lineup over, David.
Speaker 6: If we look at last year, there were two guys in this Dodger ball club that had more advanced with runners in scoring position than any two players in baseball, Will Smith and Max Bunsei. Why because the guys in front of them got on base a lot.
Speaker 8: All right, Rick, thanks a lot for Sharon. It's going to be an exciting season. We're just getting started.
Speaker 6: Okay, good to see it, Pal.
Speaker 8: Hey, don't peak too soon. Rick, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, Dodger fans, start your future to California Community College. Finan Lane is available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Dankhill. Here from Eric Carrolls, Rick Monday and Stephen Nelson will get you the keys to the game. But up next it's e K Dodgers Braves First pitch is seven ten of Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves. Tyler Glass now on the mountain making this first start of the season. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She hand Crafted Sushi. It's the best getting you ready for a game tonight. I want to enjoy a little sushi Zench hand crafted sushi. You need a quick, affordable meal for the whole family. You can enjoy Yep Zench hand crafted sushi, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste fine zen She Handcrafted Sushi near the deli counter at Ralph's. Zen She Handcrafted Sushi, Always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are back in action tonight.
Speaker 8: We're at Dodgers Stadium as the Braves are in town zero to four after getting swept in San Diego, and I'm joined right now by a San Diego native, but he made his bones in Los Angeles. The all time LA Dodger home run leader and Rookie of the Year circa nineteen ninety two, and now a television star on Sportsnet LA.
Speaker 4: That's the one and only Eric Carros. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, what do you mean circa nineteen ninety two? It was either nineteen ninety two or not. It wasn't around ninety two, but yes, thank you for the introtro, Dave.
Speaker 8: And then nineteen ninety three you were eclipsed by Mike Piazza, and.
Speaker 10: Then Mondasi and then Nomo and who else? Hollinsworth. Yeah, that was quite a little run.
Speaker 8: Hey, Speaking up Nomo, you were teammates with him when he made his debut. You were teammates with him when he pitched a no hitter at Coors Field. What was it like being his teammate compared to what we're experiencing now?
Speaker 12: Well, I think, look at what we're experiencing now is next level, you know, show hate playing every day?
Speaker 10: I mean and you're.
Speaker 12: Talking about arguably the greatest baseball player to ever walk. And when I say that doesn't mean he's the greatest hitter or but baseball player, pitching, hitting, all of those sort of things. And then the experience we had in Japan so a little different. But without Nomo, none of this happens, no question, in my mind, none of this happens.
Speaker 10: And he came over and really had.
Speaker 12: The weight of the country on his shoulders, and he came over and just took this place by storm, and it was great to be a part of.
Speaker 8: I know, major leaguers, you know hear the high but if you're his teammate or opponent, you want to make him prove it.
Speaker 4: When did you know that he had the stuff?
Speaker 10: I mean, really just from the get go. Two things.
Speaker 12: Obviously the stuff, you know, the way he threw the wind up was unique, and then threw that splitter forkball which was unhittable. But the thing that probably at least endeared me the most to him was his competitiveness and the fact that this dude would take the ball no matter what. I mean, his arm could be hanging by a string and he wanted the ball, and that you know that says something, and that's something that like when you have that type of player in your clubhouse, and especially if he's on the mound, you'll run through a wall for him.
Speaker 8: Hideo Nomo, like many Japanese players, is very stoic on the mound. There was no panic, no matter what the situation. What was he like in the clubhouse behind the scenes.
Speaker 10: I mean he was pretty much the same.
Speaker 12: I mean he would laugh and joke around when he wasn't pitching at him, and there was another pitcher, Ishmael valde As. Those two would always kind of joke around, and you know, Hdeo would be more animated, but when it came time to pitch, you couldn't tell, you know, if he was throwing a no hitter or if he'd run into some trouble. And like I said, though, the ability to just or the desire to take the ball no matter what, whenever I gain it was on parallel. Eric Harrows is our guest.
Speaker 8: He was playing first base in Denver, Colorado when Hideo Nomo pitched the one and only no hitter ever at Coors Field. Your former teammate Tim Wallack likes to remind me he was at third base and hit a home run in that game. Is that one of the greatest pitching feats we have seen in the last thirty plus years.
Speaker 10: I don't know that.
Speaker 12: That'll ever be duplicated, just obviously with the way the ball travels in the expanse of outfield.
Speaker 10: But to Hideo's credit, that was a game that we had.
Speaker 12: I want to say, it was almost a two hour rain delay before we started. And just to prove his point, not only did he pitch a no hitter there, but at the time he also a few years later he pitched when at Camden Yards, which again was probably one of the most hit or friendly ballparks. It's not now so much they move the fences back, but for a guy to throw a no hitter at Camden and Coors Field, I mean, thats not happening again.
Speaker 8: The Tornado hde Onoma was Eric Carros's teammate. Let's fast forward to twenty twenty five. Shoe Heotani threw his first bullpen session on Saturday. Do you see him pitching anytime before the.
Speaker 4: All Star break? And do the Dodgers need him to?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: And no, it would be the answer to that, right, I mean the bottom line, and you want him as far as organizations concerned, you just want him ready for the postseason and him to be at his best. Now, that's going to be up to him and the staff and training staff, coaches, you know, when he starts that process. But I got to believe that that is the what everything is built around. How is he going to be at his best in the postseason and whatever they determined, that'll determine when he throws.
Speaker 10: But is there a need for it? I mean no, there's no need for him to throw. There's no need for.
Speaker 12: About five guys to throw because they got, you know, a great staff up here. They got another five in Triple A. They got another three or four on the ield, so pitching is not an issue.
Speaker 8: We'll see you in Philly, and I know you're you're gonna be starving yourself between now and our dinner on Thursday.
Speaker 10: I will not eat that whole day until you're treating me for dinner.
Speaker 8: He will not let me forget he picked the Dodgers, I unfortunately picked the Phillies emotionally last year. Thanks a lot for the time and can't wait to be on the road with the great Eric Carros.
Speaker 10: Thanks Dave and.
Speaker 8: Eric Carros will receive a pair of Canaan sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. He needs that with frames at are handcrafted in Italy. He's never been to Italy. Canaan Sunglasses elevate your experiences outside with a degree of clarity beyond your wildest imaginations.
Speaker 4: Visit kne for your pair. Tim will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, DV selling some nice sunglasses. Dodgers Baseball is brought to I Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Braves. When we come back, we'll time deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere of Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves. As the home stand continues, Dodgers with a three games sweep over the Detroit Tigers, a rare Sunday off. Now they're back at it for a three game series against the windless Atlanta Braves. First pitch coming up at sevent ten, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presented by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, in play hard, and in New Tacoma with an I turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bold se your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy grant homes on the mound for the Atlanta Braves twenty nine year old right hander. It's actually a former first round pick of the Dodgers back in twenty fourteen out of high school in South Carolina. In twenty sixteen, he was traded at the deadline to the then Oakland A's in the Rich Hill deal, where he would struggle in the minor leagues with the A's. Didn't make it to the big leagues until last year with the Atlanta Braves. After spending a year and a half in Triple A. Spent ten years in the minor leagues before getting the call up to the big leagues. Twenty six appearances last year, seven starts, sixty eight at thirty innings, three fifty six ERA with seventy strikeouts. He's already pitched an innying of this season last Thursday in San Diego, one shutout in he's striking out two against the Padres, making his first start against the Dodgers. He pitched a scoreless inning of relief in his loan outing against them last year. Tyler Glass now on the mound for the Dodgers. Thirty one year old right hander out of Hard High School in New Hall. His tenth season down in the Big League's his second with the Dodgers. Last year, he had an all Star season. He had a career high in start twenty two innings, pitched one hundred and thirty four strikeouts one hundred and sixty eight while going nine to six with a three forty nine ERA. However, got into some arm problems late in the season, which ended his year on August eleventh, and not pitching the postseason. It's going to face the Braves the fifth time in his career. He's one in one with the two thirty eight ERA and thirty one strikeouts. He last faced them last May seven, innings, giving up two runs on five hits while striking out ten in the win. When the boys in Blue play at home, it's important that they have the right plan to protect their house. So far, so good, They're protecting it three to zero at the ravine. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, user install ignition resistant materials around your home. Use fire resistant materials from building a deck, replace vent and ember and flame resistant vents. He used nine uncombustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to the house. For more about this tips and to find others, you can go to visit fire dot ca dot CoV, Fire dot ca dot CoV. Continue here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll get to those keys in the game. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kaison's the World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Frame start up in a three game set World Champion Hoodie Night out of Dodger Stadium. Tyler Glassdow making this first start of the year, Grant Holmes, the reliever and former Dodger minor leaguer, former first round pick back in twenty fourteen, on the mound for the Atlanta Brays. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Before that we head back out to the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, All right, TC, back here with Rick Monday one more time before first pitch, and well, I think before the year, this early season series was circled on the calendar for a lot of baseball fans and viewers because the Dodgers and Braves, according to some betting markets, had the best odds to win this World Series. But both teams off to two very different starts. The Dodgers undefeated, the Braves are winless, and tonight it'll be Tyler Glassnow for the Dodgers against former Dodger draft pick now with the Braves in the right hander Grant Holmes. But there's a lot of excitement around Glassnow's season debut given the offseason. He's had to tweak his delivery, his mechanics, and that seemed to be working when we watched him during the spring.
Speaker 6: And do not discount the offense of the Atlanta Braves they're gonna catch fire. They have some guys that can swing the bat. But for glass Now, we saw him in Anaheim on Monday against the Angels. He went five innings, one run, only two hits. And if we look back to even last year before Glassnow went on the injured list, he began to throw that sinker a lot more than he had in the recent years. In fact, you have to go back to twenty seventeen. Nois that the Pittsburgh Hirrus used that sinker very very effectively. But I'll go back to Monday.
Speaker 4: Very quickly.
Speaker 6: I predicted before the game, and then we saw during the game a lot more breaking stuff and very effective with the breaking stuff. We'll see if we repeat that tonight.
Speaker 5: Well, they're in the spring. Eleven innings for glass Now struck out nineteen batters and had just two walks. He's trying to be more athletic and prevent himself from flying open with his delivery. Hopefully this new delivery produces some similar results that the Braves have seen up to this point. After getting swept by the Padres down in San Diego, it's a Dodgers and Braves kicking off a big slate here at the Ravine.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you again for first pitch tip. All right, thank you, Nelly. Don't forget after the game is over. David Vassay has got you covered with all the highlights, postgame reaction of course, Dodger talk as well. Dodgers five and oh to start this season? Can they make it six?
Speaker 4: And oh?
Speaker 2: We'll find out Tyler glassnew on the mound for the Dodgers when we come back. Dodgers Braves, enjoy it. I'm sim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgersudio Network