Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the host of rich on Tech KTLA tech reporter Rich Jimmuro.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rich, Hey, good morning to you. Amy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we got some new things that we want to share. First of all, I'm actually kind of jazzed about this one. New iPads from Apple, and I'm jazzed about it because you said there's more memory in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So a couple of new iPads.
Speaker 3: We've got two, so the iPad AIR and then of course the iPad I call it the standard one. So with the iPad AIR, the main thing is that's the expensive one. It's not the pro, but they're getting a better chip, which means it has support for Apple Intelligence. Now, this one starts at six hundred dollars for the eleven inch model. Thirteen inch model is eight hundred, okay, twelfth Yeah, no, this is for like, you know, people who want like a really high end iPad. I'll be honest, most of the people that are asking me about an iPad, they want the other one, which is the eleventh generation, and this one has a pretty standard chip inside. So it's not going to support the Apple Intelligence, but it's it's at three hundred and fifty dollars. And the cool thing about this one is that it now has double the storage at the same price. So if you bought this a couple of days ago, you'd pay three fifty for sixty four gigs. Now you pay three fifty for one hundred and twenty eight, and you're getting a better processor.
Speaker 1: I'm amazed that the iPads that I've had had things like sixteen gigs and that kind of stuff. They just didn't have a lot of memory when the phones have you know, a half a terabyte.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and here's the deal with the iPad. Nobody is actively like I mean, yes, people want an iPad, they go get one. But most of the time with the iPads, people aren't tracking the new models. They just go into the store when they need a new one. And by the way, these things last forever, so it's not like you're buying these things every couple of years. This might be a six year cycle on these things.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So here's something else that's new. Sony and Honda have teamed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the have you heard of this car, the Aphila ev I have nearn New Okay, well, it's their new joint venture. I mean Sony Entertainment. Right, Honda definitely knows cars, so they have teamed up for this new Afila EV and it's on display at Westfield Century City, so they've got a little pop up shop there.
Speaker 2: For the next six months. I headed over there to check it out.
Speaker 3: Now I've seen this car kind of percolating at all the different tech events for the past, you know, a couple of years.
Speaker 2: But this is not a concept.
Speaker 3: This is actually going to be hitting California roads by twenty twenty six. So they're going to deliver these cars, and it's an it's expensive, it's ninety thousand dollars, but you know, it's very entertainment focused. Amy It's got this giant screen inside, three screens inside, one huge screen across the whole dashboard, two screens in the back for the passengers, and every app you can imagine, so everything from like Spotify to Audible to movie apps. I mean, your passengers can watch the same movie while you're driving, and they can play PlayStation, so your PlayStation at home works with this car.
Speaker 1: I'm always nervous about big screens in front of a driver's face.
Speaker 3: Good call, and I would one hundred percent understand that but as you and I know, if you look around LA, every single driver has their phone in front of them at every minute of the way, which, by the way, don't do that please. But this is safe. This is safe because it's got polarizing glass. So it's got this neat feature on the dashboard where when the car is in motion, all of a sudden, the screen polarizes, which means if you've ever looked at one of those privacy screens on an iPhone, from the angle, you can't see it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool, that's cool, And I'm looking at a picture of it right now. I think a lot of evs are not that cool looking. This one is pretty cool looking.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, this is two really nice companies that know their stuff and they came up with a really good looking car. I think it's expensive, so it's not going to appeal to everyone, but three hundred miles on a charge, deliveries next year in California, two hundred dollars refundable deposit. I I really think this is a very nice looking car, and it's got a lot of fun features for the Techi like myself, and it's got a lot of sensors, so talk about self driving down the line. This has got forty sensors in it, so it's gonna be able to do a lot on its own.
Speaker 2: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the steering wheel looks like a what do you call it in an airplane an airplane throttle?
Speaker 2: You don't call it a stat like a yoke or whatever. Yeah, it's like the half steering wheel. It's like cut in half. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Here, So I didn't get to drive it because no one's driving it just yet, but I said, please get me on that list as soon as I can drive it.
Speaker 2: I want to see what this thing's like. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Then we'll talk to you once you get to drive it too, since you'll for sure be doing that before it's actually on the roads.
Speaker 2: Will Cole Schreiber heard you talking.
Speaker 1: With Bill Handle about Google's new privacy tool and said, oh my god, my information's out there. So tell us how we get our information not out there?
Speaker 3: Yes, So go to google new feature. If you search for your name and something like your phone number or address, you know, all those people find your sites come up. So look for the three dots next to the search result. You can tap that and now there's a new option that says remove result, and in a few clicks you say, I don't want this here, it's my personal information. Google takes a couple hours to review it. They will typically remove it. Doesn't remove it from the original website, but it does remove it from Google, where ninety nine point nine percent of people are going to find this stuff full details on my website.
Speaker 2: Rich on Tech dot TV. Do it? Do it? Do it? Get your digital footprint lessoned. It's very easy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to do that right after the show. It is KTLA's tech Guy and our tech guy too, the host of Rich on Tech every Saturday from eleven to two right here on KFI. You can watch them on KTLA. You can follow him on Instagram at rich on Tech, and of course all his tech info is on his website, rich on tech dot TV.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Rich Thank you Amy.
Speaker 1: All right, talk to you next week.