Speaker 1: Went back baby season three and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm George, Atha, thanks.
Speaker 3: And I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tells her what it is.
Speaker 4: It's the quick Hands Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George wished off the panther season now Gusts and Country first years the corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambules since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better.
Speaker 2: Twenty tens to clinch.
Speaker 4: Only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The brokers keep on taking loss of Chinese heading this. I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies these It said that has to sit there for water his defeat Friday night food in these tip it's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see watch you running for the team. I ain't playing the if we only met the league getting tries every day time we kill never seem I'm super quickly with all these hands. I cast the mont day. George, Nick, Sonny Arthur to the stage.
Speaker 1: Please on stage.
Speaker 3: We are quick Hands Regularly Podcast, Season three, Episode thirteen. That's one hundred and four. Welcome back everyone, We're back in the studio. Everyone's back on board. We're all back. We're all back.
Speaker 1: We're all back. They never get it, never gets old. That song, you know, every time.
Speaker 5: Wanted to be like a clip or something that.
Speaker 3: How is everyone good?
Speaker 1: We're good, We're all good. We're all in the same room. We're all good.
Speaker 2: People down south are good in New South Wales are feeling very good this week. What were you doing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Look, you guys deserve the win, I will say, I'm sure we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: Two games away from wearing my jersey.
Speaker 5: Well you know how harsh I am on Broncos than anyone. But yeah, it's terrible. They don't deserve it. It's crazy. I did want to thank Cleary though, for missing so many conversions.
Speaker 3: So what was it with the kicking that night and drink drinking? Queensland changed the ball? Dodgy something Dodgy getting on up there he did eight years to Adie, what's the good thing in a week? I've got a couple of good things.
Speaker 2: Actually, On first one, New South Wales winning of course that's the best thing of the week. But during the week. There was a young kid called Kadie Ramsey. He was diagnosed with a very serious disease, got disease title, was never going to play football again. Lurie Daily he's been This is the first year was actually able to play a bit of football and he's playing in the Knock on Effect comp and he's killing it actually. But Lorie Dailey invited him into the new South Wales Blues camp and he trained with the boys. So that's a really nice touch for Daily to do that. So it's fantastic. That's a good thing of the week. But a couple of things. I want to bring up PSG wining the Champions League for the first time ever. But there was a very very touching pointing that in that game there was five of them. No, there was five goals. But the coach of the PSG team, his name's Lewis Enrique. He won a title with Barcelona in two thousand and fourty and fifteen and there's a photo of him and his daughter. She was nine years old. She passed away a couple of years later with cancer. So what perce GD is they recreated that photo and had a big banner of Lewis and Rique and his daughter g Jersey.
Speaker 3: He and his daughter planted a flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I feel together when he won it.
Speaker 2: So when he won it, so psg winning it and then he sees his big banner of him and his daughter.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. Was aware that was going to happen.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was, no, but it was a beautiful touch from.
Speaker 3: The It was going to two x players that team, just saying I haven't laughed at hard in a long time.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 3: Some of my friends listening and hate me for saying that. So you guys, you dropped the ball a month ago, you had the treble. He ended up with nothing. So it's a good thing that Perg won.
Speaker 2: It was the first the first time ever won.
Speaker 3: Was more importantly, Georgia was good. Interlost.
Speaker 2: Sorry I don't know, I don't know my slock And if you didn't know, there was an a league final on the weekend two what's so congratulations to Melbourne City winning one nill over Melbourne victory their second trophy ever.
Speaker 1: Just good.
Speaker 2: It was a Melbourne derby Melbourne, Okay, where's around third in the can?
Speaker 6: In the can?
Speaker 1: Nice locked up in the can.
Speaker 3: All right, so we all know what the next segment is.
Speaker 2: It's a contrary what's in Nico's been, Who's asking what's rispicuous.
Speaker 3: By his absence? I have someone very different to normal in Niko has been tonight and he's going to copy it hard.
Speaker 1: It's me. I'm in the bin.
Speaker 3: I put myself in the bin because I can getting everything wrong lately, right, So I'm putting myself in the bin. And that's evidenced by the tipping competition that I'm in and Dean and Craigo. I know you listen, you'll be hearing this that I gave up tipping five weeks ago because I was just going so badly.
Speaker 2: Everybody's everyone excepted.
Speaker 3: On Saturday night, I stayed down to Dinas in Caama and he told me that I jumped eleven spots because I've been getting all the aways five points off the leads, so I started tipping it. But uh, actually, I do want to call that one thing though, And I know it's like, you know, relative, because you look at the both teams position on the ladder and blah blah blah. I was actually really happy with paramounts performances. The Panthers on the weekend. I haven't been happy all year, but I was the last couple of weeks have been good. It was a last but I was actually smiling after the game because I thought, you know what, I was happy with the defense. Penins were really good. They were really good, and it was a good game. It was a really good game, and I was happy with the way they moved the ball. And I think I'm just starting to see something that I wasn't seeing a few weeks ago. So I'm putting myself in the bin for a bunch of reasons tonight. Yes, that's it, It's me in the bin. Let's let's move on to controversy corner. Where do you guys want to start? I mean, I've got a list of things. Does anyone want to jump on anything?
Speaker 5: His opinion? What we spoke about last week.
Speaker 3: Which obviously you listened to the last week's shirt, talked about the Bulldogs, we talked about Gus. We were pretty skating in some of the commentary. I actually got a video I think I sent it to you Tenure.
Speaker 1: So there's a video.
Speaker 3: Going around on socials where where you know footy he goes. I've never met Lachlan Gavin and then there's a video from last year. I've gus right, they've they've spliced it into the same thing where he said I was surprised when I met him how tall he is. But anyway, we no, I mean Gavin Simon the Bulldogs. Now it's official. He's going to debut on Monday. I think he's in the extended squad.
Speaker 2: He's in the extended twenty.
Speaker 3: Is a chance?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'd be surprised if they But let's see.
Speaker 3: Oh what do you?
Speaker 5: What do you think.
Speaker 1: About all? Okay?
Speaker 2: Body injury? Okay, I'll because.
Speaker 1: I'm all right.
Speaker 3: I've got in my left foot and I just whacked the table the same foot.
Speaker 1: Don't love all time?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, So where do we start?
Speaker 3: When George, you weren't here, You weren't here to defend yourself, defend.
Speaker 1: And we were pretty skating. You just tell us what you think, okay. So I mean I'm in two camps here. Number one, Phil gool is a despicable human being. Uh what he done and how he did it? The last fourteen sixteen months to court this young man. Young Galban's not the problem, nor is his manager it's it's guschol how he mastermind uh this everything? Now, yeah, he should get sacked or he should resign from the from the Channel nine what shows called commentary complicator as well, you know what commentates on games. Look, you know what, I don't want him there. Either he should get sacked. But you know what, he has one or the other. He hasn't got enough time to do what he did one hundred percent on footy having a pot. We can't stop him having a pot. He's got a pot, we can't stop him having that. But what he what he did, what he mastermind the last again year and a half. Maybe he should shouldn't be allowed now he's the best operator.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, no, no, no, I wish he was at my club.
Speaker 1: Now let me let let me get let me say this very very very clear. If we think there's no other GM out there, GM in any club, okay or recruiter not doing exactly the same things as Gus is doing, well, we're all naive and we're all stupid.
Speaker 3: With one exception, he is the best doing the same things as him. With one exception. Every single time I see footage of Karen Serroaldo Gus is in a pair of footy boots, shorts and a T shirt and on the training Paddy. We know that the other gyms doing that, Gus, but hey, it's working.
Speaker 1: Look, Gus Goule is control freak. Now I'll say it again, he should resign. It shouldn't be because what cham has done to him on one hundred percent Football exposed him. Okay, it's what we thought now we know so. But you know what, Channel nine is spineless and Bill good loves his one point three million there, so he'll keep.
Speaker 3: We also knew that from what we spoke about last week about what happened the week before when Mitchell Moses was a guest on and Isaac Moses insisted that mar Chamis can't be on the show. So char Light actually removed their employee when they should have told Moses to stay home. You know, so they're definitely spineless.
Speaker 1: Well, you know this, this whole thing stinks and it's not right now, I'll say it again. If we think that these things don't happen behind closed doors, well we're all wrong. Now the other side of the other side, and I believe that for Gus, what he's done with the Bulldogs it's his first mistake.
Speaker 3: Everything is why do you think, why do you think, like, how do you think he's going to be used?
Speaker 1: Well, look at short term, they're not going to move Matt Burton. No, no, no way. He will be seven. They'll make him no manufacturing. No, he's not. He's not not big enough to be a He will be He's not yet, but it will one day. Look, I think this purchase was a look in the future. I think we've got a young kid called Matthew Wood who's in the he's in the juniors, who looks like an outstanding prospect. He's the best kid in his age group at the moment, and when he goes up, he's playing up two years and he's still the best kid in his age group. So gus And is envisioned in three years having Lucky at five eight and him at seven. By then he will be a four year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mean you need to watch out about that. He might do his apprenticeship. You came and then come to a parent when he's ready.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, we don't.
Speaker 1: We really don't know what Lucky Lucky Girl's character is because we really haven't met the kid. We've we've seen a lot of commentary about him. He came out the media thing yesterday and if that wasn't the biggest load of.
Speaker 3: Don't forget. He's got an n d A with the Tigers, right, they can't talk.
Speaker 2: But I mean.
Speaker 5: His manager, like I said to Nick, he was the perfect puppet.
Speaker 1: And that's why I believe what look that interview is why because.
Speaker 2: That was fed to him. Guscill fed that t him.
Speaker 1: This is what you're going to say and you take all You're going to take all the heat off of me in the club. So that's why I believe what he said about all those things we heard the last six weeks, he's all bullshit. Thing.
Speaker 3: There's one thing that I heard and we spoke about it today when we're talking on the phone. It was taken badly out of context. I want to call it out right what he's saying that he was if you saw, if you saw that, he was just asked about anything and house cameeron's around there.
Speaker 2: He goes, yeah, he's good.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a real leader, right, And they took that and made it a headline and they said it's a shot at Benji saying he didn't say it in that context, he just said no, no, like he was complimenting the guys. He's a real leader, you know. He wasn't for one moment hinting that Benji wasn't. But that's how the media ran with it. Typical. I just wanted to call that out because they the way they take things and twist them and look, call space of space right.
Speaker 1: Look the Australian or the New South Wales media regarding NRL is ridiculous that they make stories up. They don't talk about rugby league. I haven't heard a story about rugby league. But how long it's all all been about personalities and people.
Speaker 2: So I don't know whether the three biggest stories in rugby league this year.
Speaker 1: Dylan Brown, Dylan Brown and yeah yeah, nothing about how good the rugby league is, how how the ratings is proving that anyway NRL And.
Speaker 3: This past weekend I didn't see every game fantastic, but you couldn't the ones that I saw, you couldn't. You couldn't look.
Speaker 2: Away, fantastic, fantastic, couldn't look away.
Speaker 1: So so, Tanya, to answer your question, I think the man is despeakable. What he did was so wrong. I can't even put it right. But as a Canaby supporter, and you know what, he feels a gem of the Broncos or if he was a GM of Saint George or PARAMOUNTA, you'll be saying the same thing. Absolutely, he's the best at his job. How he goes about his business, I hate it. It makes me physically.
Speaker 5: He's the equivalent of I think I said this last year about I don't know someone else, but it's like that really good salesperson that makes heaps of money, but all the staff hate him or he ends up like pissing the customers off or something like that, you know what I mean. Like, it's just.
Speaker 3: Very it's just very deceitful.
Speaker 1: And I'm not sure if you know him or don't know him. There was in the eighties, in the seventies there was a there's a gem at can be called the Bullfrog. Okay, it was.
Speaker 3: It was that popular. I reckon he could have held his funeral on a phone book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because he will do these things what Gould is doing on a larger scale, you know what the two people because he appointed him as a coach, A Bullfrog appointed Bill Goolder's coach at his first gig. They hated each other with a passion. Okay, but guess what good learned? Good learned everything that the bullfrog knew and more.
Speaker 3: The bullfrog was responsible for creating the Cannery Club that we know today and they can and it was and it was he built that he created.
Speaker 1: This modern day can be anyway.
Speaker 3: From the eighties onwards.
Speaker 5: What do you think? What do you think they'll do with like Burden, Like, where do you think they're going to slot him in?
Speaker 1: Burnton can Burnt will stay at six? Uh, this will happen. This is what will happen. Long run, write it down. Okay, Burn will stay at six. They will go and buy full back like Papen Housing. Okay, they think they've got their front roller Thompson from Newcastle?
Speaker 3: Where can they buy anyone else? Have they got a different cap to everyone? Or if they all got shares in pubs?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: May maybe maybe maybe? But what what do you see it? Because to win a ring or to win a camp, you need any outstanding front rower six or a seven or both, and a fullback. The rest could be all high quality role players.
Speaker 5: Where will Galvin go?
Speaker 1: Galvin will play seven?
Speaker 3: This is a stretch. But what what about Burton back to the center's crighton back to full back.
Speaker 1: If that's the way they go, I'm not going to say no, because I think they're all the players you're talking about. Crichton outstanding, he can play anyway anyways, just one of those special human beings. And Burton, well, we know Ivan put him in centers because he said that I've got to have him in my team somewhere. It's too good not to be in the team. Well, he knows a five eight, but I've got to put him in the team. So but I honestly believe, because you know what, they believe that they've got there. They've got their seven, so they don't have to go and buy him. He's going to be cheap for the first five years, Okay, cheap, Okay, I would Galvin at seven fifty. They believe they've got a STU and if it's true, if he's as good as everybody says he is, okay, he's still at seven fifty. But we don't know that that's to be to be announced. Say, I'm not sure about that. I said, we've seen glimpse. I think Okay, I'm not saying No, we haven't said. I've seen enough limits way.
Speaker 3: We're seeing Ash Taylor's before we've seen I think different. I think I think he will be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what I think will happen. Now he's on the extended bench. I wouldn't play him this week. Look, you gotta feel you gotta feel sorry for Toby. But in saying that, before Toby came to the Canterby, I'm going to ask you, did you know who Toby Sexton was or do you know how good he could have been?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, all of a sudden he's he's got himself in the shop shop window, hasn't he Well, we.
Speaker 3: All knew who he was, but I think old cast he wasn't doing it. It was standing out.
Speaker 1: So really he can't be He can't be too bitter because he's come down and developed his game. So now all of a sudden he can go onto the market. I'm worth seven seven hundred.
Speaker 3: He's the half back in the team that's leading in the calm. You think you shouldn't feel better if he's pushed aside?
Speaker 2: Exactly, he's the I agree. No, No, what I read say?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, what what I read?
Speaker 3: And I don't know how true it is. And what I read is that a bunch of the players are off side because they look they're a fan of TB being in the team and they don't want him pushed aside.
Speaker 1: Look, I think this is the railed and I don't think we'll go in to win anything, but this this is the role. I'll tell you why you can't have an off season like they had over the last two years, like they had been absolutely pumbled. Serroudo and Garson were telling them, I love you, I'll do anything for you. I'll kill I'll kill for you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? And you you you you can go. They're they're doing it with reading money.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. This is the good said one hundred percent footy.
Speaker 3: And he goes, he goes, and I quote with the red mining situation, he's manager approached to us and we're thinking, you know, twenty seven, you know it's still far away. And with the with the Bears coming into the competition. Right when he approached, you a, the Bears weren't even confirmed to be in the competition. And be bullshit, the guys flipped an entire squad in three years. Is not thinking about the year after next. Are you kidding me? He needs to make he needs to make.
Speaker 1: Un He's thinking five years down the track. So I'll say it again to three years ago. If we lost by forty points, I will turn around to Arthur and look happy. We're getting flogged by over forty every week, and around that COVID period we were turnstiles. You know what, three years down the track, I've got a team which is which will possibly be a top fourteen. So and it's all because of go. So what do I say? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here? Is he a despicable You know what? If he wasn't on television and he did this behind closed doors and we didn't know about it, I wouldn't feel bad, but because it happened in front of us, because it unfolded in front of us. And then, you know what, the worst, the worst bit when when they asked him, have you met the kid? And he said no, I haven't, and we all knew it was a lie. And I got this he's feeling in one hour with him. I mean, okay, he said on his podcast, and he met him at six when he was sixteen. So he's a piece of rubbish. But guess what is the best of what he does? If I like it or don't like it. If I like it or don't like it, it just happened in front of it.
Speaker 3: I've always been a fan, but to be honest with you, I'm off now speakable. I can't listen to his watch and I and with the exception of Origin and Grand Finals, because we don't have a choice, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to and and on that. If we can talk about the Foodage'll do this every year because I don't watch Channel nine. I just watch it when the coverage is absolutely they pay a lot of money for Origin, basically a lot of money.
Speaker 3: You two illiterate morons and John's and Brad.
Speaker 1: Can they please get some decent commentators with some analytics instead of just some you know, and and you know what, Darren Lockyera is better than that. He knows what he's talking about, and so is Cameron Smith and all of them. But you know what they say, nothing they say.
Speaker 3: Fiddler and John's bring it down. Those two, they bring those two bring it down, seriously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the ones that are good, what side they play? I just think and I think the commentary.
Speaker 1: Sorry, JT is the only one who says something decent half the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, yeah, I think it's just I know Gus is not well liked up here. I've never liked him, so it's a he's just he's exactly what you think he is, the way that he talks and everything else. There is no allusion to the type of person he is. It's not I said to Nex today, it's on a surprise nothing, It's just it's just the way it was done. But I was really keen to get your thoughts on it because it's kind of like when Broncos got rid of Walters. Now I think we said it before he looking there. Well, no, I still don't think that he was good for the team though, I just, you know, I think I think he was a bit sly, Like we spoke about it last year. Just and you still, as a club or a fan, you feel a bit yuck about this, you know the situation. But again, Broncos is publicly owned, like they head made decisions. I've got a board like it is what it is, right, it's the same as what you're saying. You know, don't like him, but he's great. The club's you know, getting runs. But I said to today, like the n l's done a really bad job this year generally, I think.
Speaker 1: And it's just I.
Speaker 3: Mean, if we're touching on, we're touching on the Broncos. I know they've lost four and a try. I'm actually not concerned. I'm pretty confident with how things will turn out there.
Speaker 1: Magic.
Speaker 3: You got to remember he's twelve games into his tenure there, right, Yeah, the old saying, you know, he can't make it an omelet without breaking to me eggs, that's what's happening at the moment.
Speaker 5: You've got a team riddled with issues like I'm sure we'll talk about in the round.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of big personalities and stuff that and he's he's rattling the cage for sure, and maybe that's what Maybe that's what he needs to do, because they're saying Kevin Waters was was too soft and now the same mage is too hard. You know, at the end of the day, just shut up and get on with it. You got a job to do, you know, it's literally your job to some degree. It's funny, you know, not to some degree, but to everyone plays a part and has accountability. But I think the players tend to escape that a lot. It's okay, Like you can say whatever you want about Kevin Wall's coaching. Right, he was sixteen minutes away from winning ran final, whether his team dropped the ball, whatever, there was nothing he could have done in that sixteen minutes to do. Right. You know, if they win that game, he's still there today. Yeah, right, he would still be there today if they won that premiership two years ago.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it's amazing how sliding doors right to something like players, I understand when when to me, you can tell when a team's disjointed by the coaching because for mine, it starts with defense. That's one of the reasons I was happy about, Like I said, with Powers, I look at the defense first. I think, right when when they don't know what they're doing in defense, then they don't understand their instructions or they're adjusting to something new, which I know is happening at Power. I know it's happening at Brisbane. And I just think, I think, I actually Reckon not come good this week. I think you start to see a bit of it. We've seen what they can do. You can't do what they do what they've done against the Dogs in the first half or in a couple of other games. You can't turn it on like that and then just tell me the ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think it's just like I was so disappointed, like watching their Eagles game, not because they lost.
Speaker 3: Men were actually quite good too, But that's not the headline, just the booze.
Speaker 5: Every time ma'am had the.
Speaker 1: Ball brook Vale.
Speaker 5: He can't go back in time. We've had saying this to Nique. We've had other players that have done bad things. They didn't get that Latrell celebrated at a car celebrated and like I you know, I was saying to Nick too, and I put it on Insta as well. But I was like those young kids in the crowd, they won't understand the hatred behind the booze. They just will think someone that looks like ma'am is like if you think like a child, someone that looks like man is a bad person and we should boo him.
Speaker 2: That's what they think.
Speaker 1: It happened that Sun Club was well the week before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and we're talking about a young kid that has obviously made a mistake, and you know, not not I'm not defending like it was the wrong thing to do, certainly, and it was very ridiculous and I feel like he should have handled it differently, But here we are. This is how it's handled. But when you are playing a game and your team members constantly getting booed every time he has the ball, it's going to throw the team off. I'm not I'm not saying that they didn't play bad. I just like, I just think that that whole thing was discussing. Then I saw the run it straight thing afterwards, and I'm like, well, that makes sense that they would do that.
Speaker 1: So it's just, yeah, it's not on is romancing.
Speaker 2: This shouldn't have played this year and it would have been fine, but the rules screwed him up. And I probably say he made one mistake. He actually made four five four mistakes. Still, it was bad. I know what he did was bad. The n ROLL should have pumped him for more and just copping up for that mistake paid.
Speaker 1: He paid his due, exactly flips.
Speaker 3: The flip side today is that the NRL punished him harder than the courts.
Speaker 2: That's exactly, which is, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: But he's twenty two. Now imagine if I said to Nick, Imagine if he hurt himself, that's full blown bullying, right. Imagine if and we're talking about mental health, like Gallovan's mental health and everything else, that is full blown bullying. Imagine if he hurt himself and well, I know what, people like he did whatever, he was weak or whatever. But imagine going out to thousands and thousands of people, You're trying to do your job and you're getting booed. Ho would the team feel like that is not right at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But the issue is this is is when they're public figures, don't worry about role models. Let's forget that when they're public figures, which they all are. Unfortunately, this is these are.
Speaker 5: The things that happened with Litrell celebrated.
Speaker 3: Another another piece of Roberts. I agree, I agree, I mean that I can't. It was going to have to get a phone charger.
Speaker 2: If if you watch the David Beckham series better documentary, he got a lot of that because he missed the penalty or something, you know, because he got sent off. Oh that's right, because he got.
Speaker 1: Sent let's speak.
Speaker 3: Second was a quarter final of the World Cup in nineteen ninety eight England Argentina Diego Simoni, who's coach of at Lettico Madrid, whose son plays Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Let's not get two technical here.
Speaker 3: He baited Beckham, who lashed out with his boot and he got sent off. It was a ridiculous red card. But it was not only did England not lose the game it went it went to a penalty shootout. They lost a penalty shootout. Argentina went on to make the semifinal. Beckham was absolutely torn to shreds at home because they blamed him for that loss, to the point where they had a dummy in a Beckham jersey hanging hanging from a from its throat. It's on Netflix. What's the documentary that.
Speaker 2: Had songs about we hope your kids die from cancer, we hope you're like ship like that. It's heaps worst And he didn't even do a criminal offense.
Speaker 3: And then, and then, and then in two thousand and two, in the following World Cup, he was the captain and they were screaming like crazy when he scored the three kicks.
Speaker 1: Exactly when he got sent off is that when the game changed, the game didn't change. He went on to penalty shootout.
Speaker 2: Every team gets a place you didn't deal with it.
Speaker 3: You know, it went on, it went What he did wasn't even worth a red card, but but he got one and did.
Speaker 2: That force him out of England? Is that why he one of the reasons why he would have left man United to go to No.
Speaker 3: No, he left men United like three three years later, three years he went around Madrid. He redeemed himself in the in the in the I don't think they were in the Eure of two thousand, but he redemed himself in the two thousand and two World Cup. He was the captain of England. It's just fans. Tenure fans are idiots. These kind of fans were talking about. You know, they're just idiots.
Speaker 5: And also like even brigand Shaw getting death threats. I don't how much Queensland News you get down.
Speaker 1: In there, Like guys, why would Brigain Shaw get there? But the same thing happened.
Speaker 3: The same thing happened a gall.
Speaker 5: Think she hasn't been playing well or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's six years old.
Speaker 3: And the same thing, George, the same thing happened with Galvin. You had to have security at the game because some spineless fucking idiot on his phone says only going to kill you or you better watch your back or something. These guys are afraid of their own reflection.
Speaker 7: It's only a game, man, it's escape, I know it's yeah, it's it's you know what, it's people who who need social lives.
Speaker 3: That's what it is, right at the end of the day. It's a game, it's a sport. Get on with it. He's paid, asking and leave the Broncos tan or is that just a job?
Speaker 5: No, I don't reckon.
Speaker 3: Or is his managers trying to get him a better deal at prison?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think he'll stay.
Speaker 3: Is there is there a risk with the Dolphins or the Gold Coast because we know his mum's in jail up there. He's got his whole family up there, so he may not want to leave Queensland. But is he a risk of leaving the Broncos think he's I.
Speaker 5: Don't think he would go to Dolphins. I don't think Titans would know what to do with him.
Speaker 1: I don't want him to leave.
Speaker 2: They couldn't afford him.
Speaker 1: They couldn't. He'll be he'll be what one point two.
Speaker 2: Worth one point five?
Speaker 5: They need to shuffle around a bit, though, like I think they I don't know, I think, yeah, but I think.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 3: We've got, we've got rooms.
Speaker 2: But do you think something like this will force Brisbane to act on mcguireen sacking so they can keep him.
Speaker 3: Look, it's important to that today. It's important to know that. Today a lot of the Broncos players came out and back Madge and they said, the media is beating this up, which is good to see actually, because it's good. Yeah, I think I think I've always said it. You know, you lose, you lose three games in a row, the spotlight becomes an interrogation land. You win three games in a row, everything just goes away.
Speaker 2: Do you watch it in all three sixty? Because tell Us is a big fan.
Speaker 1: I can't, so I stopped.
Speaker 3: What you know, Gordon Tyllos right, seriously, I don't know how they chose him, right, but there's there's two things that really irritate me about him. Now, if you get it now, we sit here on this show and we're not professionals, and we don't get paid for doing this and all the rest of our and we all have our own opinions, but we're all objective as well, yeah, right, And part of doing this is about being objective. And there are teams that we like, and there are teams that maybe we don't like so much, but we speak objectively.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Gordon Tyllus does two things.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 3: He's close mates with Kevin Waters, and that's great. Every time that topic comes up, he's shit canning whoever, whether it's Mad or anyone else, and defending Kevin Waters. And the other thing that really irritates me is and no one at Fox Sports has the guts to actually say something about it. The Dolphins are called the Dolphins. He always calls them Redcliffe because of his personal hatred for them. Right, that is so unprofessional. Someone needs it's a personal thing, right, and and and and they and they were and they asked, I forget his name, but the Dolphins CEO, he said, our name is the Dolphins. We want to be referred to as the Dolphins. Every time Gordon Tallis talks about him, he calls him Redcliffe. So someone needs to step in there and say, listen, mate, he will learn how to read the guy is. Seriously, he's like watching paintery, George. I mean he's in the like seriously. And then as the and as there isn't much better. He shouldn't be should I can't watch that show, shouldn't be on that shows. He's another Gus Gul but in in the waiting because he's in the same position. He manages players.
Speaker 1: So anyone who manages players or is a GM or for any rugby league club should not be on the tole.
Speaker 3: But he does two things with the whole gatherant thing. He's slammed it Isaac Moses for two or three weeks in a row, right because his competition. The other thing he does, which is why I can barely look at Fox Sports anymore, is he comes up with these hypotheticals.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So let's say we're talking about pain Hearts. Right, we're saying, you know, maybe whatever breath and NaSTA will sit there. He's done that, he's done it this year, and you'll go, you know what, a club like Manly could use pain Hess and they've probably got. Then they start talking for five minutes about how pain Hearss was sloting at Mainly and then the next morning there's a story on Fox Sports hask going and Manly and it all came from hypothetical crap. But again, if you're a player manager, if you're a player manager, which he is. That's manipulating situation to get people thinking and talking.
Speaker 5: And we're seeing that a lot lately, haven't we are?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's that's why the credibility has gone to Ship. As far as I'm concerned in media, going.
Speaker 5: Back to the things, I can't get rid of Madge at this point because I look ridiculous. It walters with that good he'd get chosen for the best.
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, you're true, you know what I mean, It's not I don't know what we're talking about Madge.
Speaker 3: Madge is like it's two months into his job.
Speaker 1: Into a into a three year contract.
Speaker 3: I'm referring more to the level the level of reporting across rugby with it. With a couple of exceptions, there are a couple of really good journals, right who who won't report something if they don't validate it, which one I think Chamis is one of them, Right, He's pretty good. I think the journals, with the exception of Hooper on three sixty are generally pretty good, right. But the whole level of reporting across the game, it's it's descended to what general news is now.
Speaker 2: Which is just ship opinion.
Speaker 3: It's all opinion exactly, and and no one's no one's no one's trying to correct it. No one's trying to restore the vales. Though these are bet as useful as an astronaut of motorbike. Seriously, why sits there and does nothing? You don't hear from it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like breed ignorance, Like people listen to their opinion and go, oh my gosh, that's gold. I heard this whatever. Like at least when we're talking, it's like, well, you know, from our perspective or years ago or whatever. Like we're not like like I have personal opinions about you know, players or teams or whatever. But we'll do I look at the Broncos and go or all Queensland go. That was a really shit game. Didn't deserve it.
Speaker 1: That was my point. That was my point on you.
Speaker 3: We're objective, right, We're objective in the way we look at things, the way we break things down. Because I think Buzz Rothfield said it, didn't he We have a responsibility to our listeners or eight of them, right to report the news as factually as we can, and then we put our own spin on it in terms of our opinion.
Speaker 5: That's fine, you guys will have an up left from Queensland supporters because I put that post on LinkedIn and a lot of people were like, oh, we're going to start tuning in so more supporters in the background.
Speaker 3: Yes, we try before we move into around.
Speaker 1: It was just I'll just I'll just I'll tell you. I'll just answer some of those questions. When when the Women's Origin gets a million a million viewers, When the State of Origin gets five million viewers, when there's more tickets sold this year from the best season that was last year, when the uh what else was there? When when the when the Jersey sales are up twenty percent. What I'm trying to say with all that is everybody thinks that they're validated behind a behind a desk in Macoran Street. The land this thinks he's doing a fucking great job. Thanks a lot of the land Is and I all think they're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Commercially, they are, but the product.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to say, is this this all hides the real issues, what's going on in the actual game. And you know, are we knit picking? Maybe maybe we need picking, but if we don't need pick that they think they're doing a great bloody job. They really do. They think that, they think that the games and it is financially it's the best it's ever been. But there's there's an underlying stink to it, trust me, and and it would just take a little bit of a knock. So falls falls are falls over so's.
Speaker 3: It's literally the only sport, professional sport that I think of, that not only changes the rules every single year, but changes them during the year during the season. I mean, we had to crack down on high tackles and any magic ground. We had to crack down on the crackdown you forget about it.
Speaker 1: Look, I still believe at once and maybe I'll watched him an American Sports, But the game is run like it's nineteen seventy seven. That's my opinion. I mean there's things that we played like that, true the good old days. Yeah, so I look that to my opinion.
Speaker 3: But anyway, anyway, anyway, let's move into the round.
Speaker 2: Last one. I want to bring up one in your opinion on this Australian coach Kangaroos Meninga now looks like he's going to go to the Perth Bears. Who's your tip apparently that camp Smith's put his head in the ring. Really, but a few people who would you like to see coaching the King?
Speaker 3: I hate I hate the fact that that it's profile based. Meninga can't coach his way out of a shoe box. I don't know why he's being considered to go to Western Australia. Cameron Smith hasn't coached anyone, Like, why don't we start looking at pedigree coaches with experience and runs on the ball. I was talking to someone today, remember it was but anyway, and we're talking about Benji Marshall, and I'm saying, like, Benji Marshall, I was you, sorry, Taya. I spoke to a few people it was. It was with Tan and I'm saying, Benji, unlike Cameron Seraldo or Jason Rowles or Craig fitz Gibbon, he has no assistant coaching history anyway, it's not a coach.
Speaker 1: Well he hasn't.
Speaker 3: Well he's becoming one, he's becoming one, right, But he didn't he didn't. He didn't do his apprenticeship anywhere as an assistant, right, So in these situations he hasn't been able to stand on the sideline and watch the main coach deal with adversity or success or whatever. He's learning all that on the run. And I don't think the Tigers have put a good team around him as well, right to help him with that. And and what we're gonna do at a national level now, we're going to put someone that who's never coached anyone anyone.
Speaker 2: Before the different Bennett's good.
Speaker 1: The only difference is the quality of cattle. You have an Australian team, it's less coaching and more managing.
Speaker 2: Managing the coach.
Speaker 3: And plus well they're not managers either, George, Well you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Have an assistant coach. They're like, you know some Yeah, so you have an actual coach, but I don't know, not care, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Australia below me on standing by there like speed doll anyway shouldell you what to do. But yeah, who do you who would you like to see? Just go around Australian coach. Who would you want to see a Kangaroos coach? Give it the Cavy. The same rule that they can't be coaching a club or they can't.
Speaker 1: Catch a club.
Speaker 2: Can't coach you can't catch, you know. Someone suggested the winner of the state of Origin slater or daily the winner of that coach. I did it once, apparently in an origency, probably Cavy Waters.
Speaker 1: Give it the nice guy. Is you a nice guy to do?
Speaker 2: We don't know who? Don't you that well?
Speaker 3: We know he is coming, we know like like I like you. The guy won five premierships of Brisbane sloush.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he comes across for a week.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 3: But you saw some of the blobs last year. Though he's not weak.
Speaker 1: He's not weak.
Speaker 5: I can give it to Kevy to see if he's actually as good as what you know. Old mate says, he is the same who you're talking about before.
Speaker 1: I think ye to me, to me meaning is just a figurehead?
Speaker 3: He really is, That's what he is.
Speaker 2: I'd give it to free.
Speaker 5: Like they need to look at it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know? I think he's pretty. I think he's putting his head.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't take him seriously as a coach, can't even take him seriously as a commentator.
Speaker 1: Or comment comment anywhere.
Speaker 3: And I mean, if if you fail in your origin arena, that doesn't necessarily qualify you to step up to the national arena, does it?
Speaker 1: No? But it doesn't. It doesn't disregard you. I mean that's it's origin. It's hard or just not what you know.
Speaker 3: It's three games a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know, I know, but there's a lot more to go.
Speaker 3: With the best team at your disposal.
Speaker 1: Again, but it's it's I don't think you can coach. I don't think it's freaking coach. No, no, it can't coach. I suppose one a series, yeah, a couple of series. But you can't cut coach roosters. Someone woulden spoon. It's almost goods almost good, like.
Speaker 5: Some really good assistant coach. It's cracking around something.
Speaker 3: What about Jason Demetria.
Speaker 1: Job?
Speaker 2: He's doing something some I don't worry.
Speaker 1: I'm a I'm a fan of Arthur.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of there's.
Speaker 3: Another coach in the waiting, waiting in the wings for a job, but he's a Josh Hannay. Oh yeah, well he's been around for decades his apprenticeship, Benji, I have a twelve.
Speaker 5: Years Who do you want to see aie.
Speaker 2: Pretty pretty feeler already?
Speaker 1: Yeah no?
Speaker 2: Then New South Wales Blues guys liking I reckon? Whoever gets I reckon? If if any one of us gets it will still.
Speaker 3: Be George knows where I'm coming from. I'd rather get zero percent win win record. Let's uh, let's move on, Let's move on the Dragons twenty points to six of a New New Castady, Yeah, tell us what happened? You know what, all the games were great on the weekends. This one was a bloodcher. It was a pretty boring game.
Speaker 2: But look, George got out to an eighteen New Alude at halftime, played pretty good. Jaden Steeler got injured unfortunately, but yeah, they look good in the first half. But the second half was just so hard to watch. It was not watching paint dry. Newcastle were terrible, squaded ice neat try at the end off Leo Thompson. Now this is something that you I heard today which will excite you. Tou what's his nickname for the New Zealand team in the New Zealand camp, LEARA. Thompson.
Speaker 1: What's his nickname?
Speaker 2: You know what it is? Little Fish. You know why, because I reckon he's identical like Fisher Harris. Really the reckon. He's got the same traits and everything and the models himself around Fisher Harris. So you guys have picked up a very good forward for next year. You will love him Thompson. Anyway, Nathan Lawson made his debut. Came from seven's rugby, played for Australia and scored plenty of triys there. But he looked pretty good. Made one hundred and eighty meters. But yeah, St George got the two points. Smash and grab. We're in the eight.
Speaker 1: What's wrong Beau.
Speaker 2: One last?
Speaker 3: But there's it's weird, tough one. It is very hard to predict.
Speaker 2: They started like that one year and they went on a seven or eight game run and they made They're not doing I don't think they're doing it this year. But yeah, there's a little bit of I don't know what it is. You didn't mention the male man. He's not back, oh the Malman touchment it's the livers couchman.
Speaker 1: You didn't say about your second your back roll, the toll guy.
Speaker 2: Who came in front of the crop. Pacific Tongue scored his first try on debut on his second game and it was very good. Actually, he's going to be a special talent. He's the size of half apparently, he's a huge unit's got a lot of skills. Yeah, said the tallest player in Pacific tongue is it. Yeah, but apparently when his jungles are five eight or something. So he's got a lot of ball skills as well. So a big front roll with ball skills, it's going to be pretty good to see. So looking forward to the future, we're.
Speaker 3: With big ball.
Speaker 2: That's Ammy Stewart, Couchman's egan this guy. Now tongue out pack is building and George was playing one short because we've got nepotism happening big time with planning.
Speaker 1: That's that's my one.
Speaker 2: Actually had a good game and the game should have been thirty two six if our homes and Sloan didn't drop the ball over the line, it would have been the bigger score. But yeah, what can you do?
Speaker 3: So brain, you know I've got pta D. What's the post dramatic Arthur disorder?
Speaker 2: When you dropped the ball over the line all that time? All the time? Now, suw I did it? Val did on the weekends. They must train for him and the bloody training paddic because very good at it.
Speaker 1: That's for sure what I want to talk about this game, but I can't. It was the blood of them.
Speaker 2: It was a blud it was a blud picked up two weeks to move on points. Jack de Bellar I didn't mention him and Clemer had his best game. Jack de Bellin got three. Clint Gutho keeps he still gives us good service. He's very good, is he? I love it, mate, we love him. And Cole Flangan I gave the nepotism king. He played good game. He gave him credit. Give him one game, give him the one point.
Speaker 3: There you go, kicking off. It was just the one game on Friday off on Saturday the Gold Coast that went all right. They lost twenty eight points to sixteen against the Storm, but.
Speaker 1: Not really because did you see John Chris absolutely go off in the change room throwing things around because.
Speaker 3: It didn't help them. But the weather was horrible for both teams obviously, but.
Speaker 1: I think the weather played a big part in Melbourne's arm. Melbourne's performance, I don't think that their very best.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's bloff helped him very much, helps him anymore.
Speaker 1: I think they used to blob that nothing nothing going to affake them now. But uh, look Melbourne won, won the game, and that's all I say about this. I'm really, really feeling for the Gold Coast because I don't think they actually played that bad.
Speaker 3: Is there's really seriously underpressure.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know, you know.
Speaker 1: All I know is this, if DESI can't fix the Gold Coast, there is some massive cultural issues there.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't see I don't see him. Can you've been quiet for a while?
Speaker 5: No, I always there's massive cultural issues.
Speaker 3: There's something I don't see getting sacked mid season, but it could very well happened at the end of the season.
Speaker 5: I feel for him, though. Sammon was so good for the Titans, like and it was bucketing down.
Speaker 1: It was really it was really were it wasn't it? Yeah? Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this this was a good game though.
Speaker 2: It was a good game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, they didn't play bad.
Speaker 1: I love Jayden's Campbell. You would too, Yeah, you know what, he plays good at five, he plays good at fullback. He's just he's a good player. And so I was cal Pierra, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I liked him.
Speaker 1: And and see how Bob is a is a center Kelly and uh, what's the other guy?
Speaker 2: Prera?
Speaker 1: There's centers they're not when they move him around to five eight, this and that you know what I mean, and Tino you know on it's I know to Nico's man crushed. But I'll tell you what if n moves up away, I'm right there. He's the best.
Speaker 5: He's so loved I think nationally. But he's just he's wonderful.
Speaker 2: There's talk Brad Arthur to replace as one. Really, what do you think Brad Artha will do that?
Speaker 3: I'm a fan, I honestly believe, I honestly and then I've expressed my opinion many times and you guys have heard me say it many times. It was time for him to go paramatter, but I think he's a really good case and teams like the Gold Coast or the Tigers or he would be a perfect fit. I believe for a club club like Macastle. Maybe that won't happen because he's best mate, but I think he would be a really, really good fit. I think he's really good. He's almost Brian Smith like at pulling a team apart and rebuilding, even if it's the same parts, you know, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think he'd be really good. Honestly do There's a job waiting for him here somewhere.
Speaker 2: That's the room I've heard man because he's going to miss out on Perth. So now he's going you.
Speaker 1: Know, DESI might be too weird for him. He might be just too weird.
Speaker 3: He might be too weird for anything.
Speaker 1: True, he's a weird bloke. He's a weird like.
Speaker 3: He's a very weird I like, I like, but I really liked him as a player.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I actually thought that he'll pull this to him together. I really thought he'll make change their fortunes. But obviously it hasn't worked. It hasn't worked. Let's let's give it to the end of the year. But I don't know now Melbourne. Melbourne got two points. And you know when you don't play really well and pick up that one, yeah, and that's you know it was it was It's always a sign of a good Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't one of the greatest performances that he really wasn't. But they won two points.
Speaker 2: Who's got the points in this one? The winger he's done this guy, Yes, you got the three. Jaden Campbell got the two and Trent Liero backed up really well for the Melbourne Storm and played some good minutes he played really strongly, so he got the three the one sorry, the one at the.
Speaker 1: End lying around the ruck.
Speaker 2: What about that disallowed? Try Virel's right, there's two Melbourne players lying in the ruck. Virels picks it up, scoots over and they disallowed it because when he under you, they reckon. He went past the guys. There was three Melbourne guys lying all over the ruck, so they should have been penalized, but instead he.
Speaker 1: Got was a joke, some weird one of the Melbourne referee.
Speaker 3: The next game was a really odd one Cowboys at hand thirty two points to twenty eight over a fast finishing Tigers. I watched this with a couple of Tigers fans. I took a video and said, you got to see how funny it was from where I was sitting watching Dean and Ossie.
Speaker 1: Nuts.
Speaker 3: Ossie literally jumps up and starts yelling at the television because he does. I'm telling you, we watch games at home. I reckon people walking past him. There's domestic violence or something, because he screams at the top of his lungs. I'm going to do take it right. He goes nuts. I love it. It's it's passion for me. You know who lost this game for the Tigers, drame Lui boy because he got simbing stupidly right after being worn twice by the referee for the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, before it happens, I was like, I said, you watch, he's going to get centerf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they cut fourteen points in that spell that he was in the Symbian And this is the guy who's supposed to be the leader.
Speaker 1: He didn't play well, he didn't play in general.
Speaker 3: World, no agent well, finishing fast.
Speaker 2: The Doe and they lost Dewey as well. Tell and they scored two tries for that. They scored twenty something points from me.
Speaker 1: But do you know that they do that continuously the Cowboys in time there's been a center of in their gaming. They compile fourteen points.
Speaker 3: I didn't think anyone it wasn't, but dam that was definitely yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure in terms in terms of the Cowboys, Well, they got off to that big lead drinking How good is that that guy?
Speaker 2: How good he's drinking? Perdue?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Then oh, then.
Speaker 5: It's amazing who that per you?
Speaker 2: I didn't, Oh, I didn't, how good is didn't?
Speaker 1: You know? You know what I think of these players and all flashes of their brilliants come to me, and then their age comes to me. And I don't really know how how old the drink he is, but I know that Perdue and I know he didn't you know their youngsters, Yeah, they were young. They are all under twenty three. I mean, these kids, these kids are so so, so good. Even Reese Robson backed up really well, you know what, no one, no one can pass the ball off the ground like.
Speaker 2: Reece really is great again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the services and building, the services are going to give the DC is going to be mind blowing. And they got off to a lead and all of a sudden they put the.
Speaker 2: Rack in the queue. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Killing the rack and off the Tigers, off the Tiger's comeback.
Speaker 2: Was it a fun game? Yes?
Speaker 1: Was it a high high quality game? Probably not? But I think I think how boys were quality at some stage and the close finish made it or the comeback made it a fun game. But I don't think the Tigers deserve to be anywhere in this game personally. M that was That's my opinion.
Speaker 2: But they played a quarter of the game short, so well that was it? The two Yeah, well that that they did themselves to blame, especially the jerone one exactly.
Speaker 3: But anyway, the leader all the points for this one.
Speaker 2: Didn't got three points do I got to get stuff the Tower Stafford Tower, he was Oh, I.
Speaker 5: Forgot to bring him up. He's amazing, isn't it? Isn't it amazing?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 5: Oh no, sorry excited?
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuff for Tower is is better better than I thought he was a couple of years ago. And he keeps on getting better and he's probably you know, Okay, Bullot the dream Buller is the the one, but stuff is not very far. He's a special human.
Speaker 2: And the final point went to Jackson. Paolo nearly ran for three hundred meters at the Cowboys. It was awesome back from the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: So the three two one and the game that is when we touched on just a little bit earlier. Seage was thirty four at home, the Bronco six tenure, which we were spoke about it.
Speaker 5: Broncos fans can't should on Mam too much because he's the only one that scored a try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he gave to the crowd too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just that we spoke about it before. They just can't get into it.
Speaker 1: But what it's been it's been four performances of like the week before they lost to a team with Flannigan and Keith to the halfs and they'll they'll dreadful that day. If any they played any top sixteen, they would have lost by fifty.
Speaker 5: But what I noticed with them is if they're winning in the first half, they'll usually like ship the bed in the second. But if they can't get control by the thirtieth or the fortieth minute in the first half, they're not coming back, like they've got to score a couple of tries and they've got in the second half. They have to understand that, like they're like they just seem to I don't know what they're doing all over the place.
Speaker 1: So Broncos. Yes, So this is what I'm not going to comment on the general thing I'm going to comment about this game. What I saw about this game is that they didn't help each other. They didn't work hard for each other. They didn't cover in the inside runner or the outside runner. Once mainly was going for their for their shapes and and and then the forward sort of changing their changing their projections are going one way then hitting inside shoulderstead of outside shoulders. Well, turnstiles and in saying that he maybe he scored a try Israel Man, but the next, the next, the next couple of sets after that, he was a turnstile for Hoppawadi. So there's same thing happening, more than we think is happening there, you know what I mean. They can say, they can say that on top level, that we're working for each other, this and that, but I'm talking about what I'm seeing on the field for the last month.
Speaker 5: I just saw in the first twenty minutes just defeat, like they were so flat. And again like, don't condone anything, but man gets slight reprieved because I think if I was trying to do my job and a group of people were screaming at me.
Speaker 1: Again again, it's it's all man's fault.
Speaker 3: It's a good point because it was evident early on that they just didn't look on they just something was flat. I still maintained, I think we're going to see something different. I'm not even sure who they're playing it this week, but okay, I think we're going to see something different. That's that's that's that's a game where you regain your form. Sorry, sorry Daisy, but.
Speaker 2: McGuire gets his spine back for the first time. This week he should get Man Reynolds and wolfsh and his first time he's got that, and he did.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Sorry, the players absolutely did come out and.
Speaker 2: Back the coaster today. The coach whoever they're playing.
Speaker 3: They said, the media is beating this up and it's on us, you know.
Speaker 5: So the thing is they've had they've had an like again like, I'm probably the harshest person in Australia on them.
Speaker 3: But Martin left.
Speaker 5: You've got all this stuff going on with Man while she's out. He's then in another media thing like I'm not disillusioned that other clubs aren't going through the same stuff, but.
Speaker 2: They just keep on, you know, the distractions.
Speaker 3: You don't need you and you need.
Speaker 5: All the other stuff that they've got going on too.
Speaker 3: I know it wasn't setting the world on fire before you got injured. But they're missing res Wolves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's massive, and maybe Man might unlocking to become good again, you know what I mean. They missed Man, and let's not forget mainly we're really good.
Speaker 1: Mainly were really.
Speaker 2: Was really good there and they're lost. You don't know, remind me of the Drey exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, I just kind of this whole season has been especially man all over the place, like you just don't know who to tip from week to week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's been strange.
Speaker 3: What's think?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, the man that's been playing the best all year for Manly's lehigh Hoppawari and he didn't disappoint. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: He was He's going to be the best hop away from all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's fantastic player. He got the three Payne Hearts put in that huge effort. I know he's Brisbane played poorly, but painehard. He was massive. Se that chase. The guy's massive. So you got the two and DC he got the one. His kicking game was on on Yeah fine touch do you.
Speaker 3: See he was on the back end some criticism from Origin. I think you had a point to prove as well.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he's talking about maybe dropping.
Speaker 2: Him to answered every question.
Speaker 1: He answered every everybody's questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also mainly lose to the by next week.
Speaker 9: That's that's how they are. Yeah, just a few team. On Sunday, Warriors got up over the Rabbit. A is in a close one thirty six to thirty. I didn't see this one because I was driving back, droving home from the South Coast, and I couldn't watch because I was on the phone the whole time. So tell me what happened, guys?
Speaker 2: So good, so good, so good? Yeah, what happened? What happened?
Speaker 1: Uh, Warriors got out to a big lead in the first time. Was what was was that.
Speaker 5: Rick James's first?
Speaker 1: Rick James, Ric James first? What was the school halftime?
Speaker 2: George Sales got to a twelve four lead with over eight minutes to go, and then Warriors got back to fourteen twelve. So Sales got the lead.
Speaker 1: What how they skip ahead at thirty six twelve one stage.
Speaker 2: Skipped away, They skipped away, then they skipped away for the way.
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden, Little decided to be a superhuman. Yeah, I decided to be a superhuman.
Speaker 2: We've always said it, well exactly.
Speaker 3: Criticism is that it just doesn't do it after enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, decided to be super human. And how many tries that he set up? But it was it was three or four of them. Everything was off him, Everything was off him. Alex Johnson scored his two hundred try. He scored a hat trick.
Speaker 2: In the game.
Speaker 1: Uh, Columba Tongy again once again, absolutely braind the Mitch Bindon unfortunately got injured.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, he's out for the season.
Speaker 2: For the season. He's out for the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is he really that? Yes?
Speaker 3: Gone? Because that has to open the door for Klomba Tongy in origin, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Surely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been so good. I mean, I can't believe it was left out to begin with.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm stunning, but it's gone. I didn't hear about it. Okay, that changes things normally for yourself, for the wise as well. Uh yeah, Nico cloths that check this for me because people are going to think line. He ran for over three hundred meters three hundred and what was it, three hundred and sixty meters thirty nine?
Speaker 2: Sorry, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you can run for over three hundred I have no idea. He must be everywhere, think about it. He ran over and he didn't make many breaks. He ran over three hundred meters. That's that's amazing. Rick James. Was he his first game back?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 5: No, he's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a couple of weeks. Now he keeps on impressing the Dalian Player of the of the Year, Luke Metcalf. He just keeps on keeping on. I don't know if he's going to really win the Dallian Player of the Year. But to what he started with this year at Vegas and what he is now, it's two completely different human beings. My man did the fish play, and the Fish played really well as well. But the story here on the other side was Latroll decided to make it personal and he just put on a platter three tries and we did one and it was entertaining and are coming back and I actually thought that Latroll, not South Latroll, would get him.
Speaker 2: And he had a disappointing origin game, you know, a very just quiet one for his standards, you know. But yeah, it's good for him to back it up with a good, good performance like that to remind us how good he is.
Speaker 1: We're on Joe Gray Watch, he's a new one. The month of June, we're going to be counting down Joy's tries. Yeah, so every time are we're going to count well, how many reckon? How do you reckon?
Speaker 2: He'll score?
Speaker 1: In the month of June, we're going to pick a player every month.
Speaker 5: And it depends if he's got it, if he's getting put in.
Speaker 2: The benches, and he's on the benches, he's on the bench. Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: The only reason I picked Hi because I know your favorite player, well, one of your favorite players.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many games are they playing this month?
Speaker 1: Any Oh he might they mightn't buy.
Speaker 2: Sorry to.
Speaker 1: He's going to have to score one, surely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd say between one and three.
Speaker 2: I'll take it every week, go Joe, great, Okay, just to give you a thing, he's got buying round twelve. Sorry, they've got camera. Next week the Dogs storm and then the Dolphins. Look, they've got a news.
Speaker 1: Grateful.
Speaker 2: He's going to calve up.
Speaker 1: He's going to calve up. He's gonna come up.
Speaker 2: He tries, I think you've got you got it there ten. I think it's a good call call he's too short. How they're going to tackle it?
Speaker 5: Great, he's awesome. That was a really good game.
Speaker 1: That worries when he came on. Did you see the change He actually made a difference when he came on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he needs to start, like I think. I think at the beginning of the year. We were talking so much about him. He was daily m like number one.
Speaker 3: La Troll coming back. He was always going to throw that right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll look.
Speaker 1: I think you'll find he'll find his way to you. I think he'll find his way in the in the in the starting team, but we don't know where. I just believe on with you he should start. He's amazing. But where where? That's what happens. Super coaches what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Super coachments the super coach three to one, three to one for that one, we've got Luke Metcalfe.
Speaker 2: He got the three points, so the Troll got two and box Start got the one point.
Speaker 1: Did you give me one after three hundred, Luke metcalf.
Speaker 2: Did you notice there was one kid to keep an eye out for his HeLa Sima played for Warriors. He was pretty damn good. He's got a nice try. But he's the guy I'm going to keep my mind now for the rest of the seasons. Very and what he was his first or second game? Yeah, he's an animal? How good is it? Like he's another fish?
Speaker 3: The next game Panthers and was at Comby Stadium.
Speaker 2: Seventeenth was fifteenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was actually a really good game. It was, it was, it was really tight. Clear he pulled off a great forty twenty late in the game which got which pretty much sealed the win for them. Like I said earlier, I was happy, you know, I was happy with what I saw. I know it sounds silly coming against the team at that time was sitting last. But we're talking about Penrith and I think they win two or three games. Yeah, they they make the eight their dangerous right, Yeah, but they played really well. All Origin players backed up and yeah we only had two, but Penrith had quite a few. Yeah, I don't know what's saying. I mean, I was actually happy. I mean, I wasn't happy with the result, but I was happy with what I saw after the fact.
Speaker 2: It goes to show what a strong comp this one. When you've got the two teams at the bottom performing and giving us a game like that, a very good quality game. Yeah, and it was the two teams at the bottom, So it's a strong competition this year.
Speaker 5: Any two, Yeah, I think, like, did you watch it?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 5: Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: I watched it. I got home in time for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how fun? A little bit boring.
Speaker 1: I found this one boring, like it was.
Speaker 5: Good, but I felt like because I was super excited actually tip the Eels, I thought the Eels would be in, like they're a really good run. I thought there would be Yeah, I don't know, like I felt like it would be a bit more energy. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just it was a grind first. Yeah, grind fest of the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's funny. She's Corery tipped the Panthers and I was like, shut up, mixed team is the Eels. But I don't know. I just I think from seeing the Eels have so a good couple of weeks, like for them to only score two tries, like, I don't know, it was a grind first. Nice to see that Claric kingram Bird again hopefully.
Speaker 3: Can bring we I mean, yeah, the Panthers were really good defensively, Like there was a point there in the second half whay that it was had a huge lop sided possession, yes, but couldn't couldn't get across the stripe.
Speaker 5: So okay, the first half it was great, Like I think it was just I think when I get to a point where I'm like, oh, I know where it's going, you know what I mean? And it's and you're just wanted him because they scored what they scored. They scored in the forty fifth minute at a car and then nothing happened for thirty five minutes. But yeah, definitely grind fest at the beginning, like it was quite quite a great.
Speaker 3: It was an arm wrestle, yeah for sure. Yeah, and I thought clearly played very well.
Speaker 2: A couple of interesting points I want to bring out to this, just get your views on that, Jack Williams, I thought it was very unlucky not to get a trial loud. But it looked like the ball touched the line and then it looked like it did. That was a tough call and that would have made a difference.
Speaker 3: The on field call was no try, so they couldn't ever turn it, but depended one angle.
Speaker 1: There was one angle.
Speaker 3: It looked like it looked like it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how good is Jack is Zach LAMX going? When you can slip when you do a kick for goal and still kick it in. Remember when Cameron Smith did that. I still think X looks better in the red vee. But anyway, he's playing well for the paramatter is funny. He's happy to be a winner. Yeah, he's playing well, he's having a great He hasn't put a foot wrong. Seriously, he hasn't even in the bad games in the early rounds and South Wales. Yeah, you mentioned Jack Jack Williams. He was great, good, he's good. Good pick.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who this guy was.
Speaker 3: It's funny because there's one point, there's one point that it might have been the first half I think where they screwed up. They ran a line and they screwed it up. Moses tried to pop it Jack Williams.
Speaker 1: He ran the wrong.
Speaker 3: Line and ends up being a knock on, you know, and the replay showed Moses ripping into him right, really giving it to him. Not two minutes later they ran the same line and he puts Williams into a hole.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Even the commentators are saying, see this time he got all right. Yeah, that's why he was in your ear. You know, he's been really he came from the dogs, sorry he came from Yeah. Yeah, he's really good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I didn't expect to be this good. But you know what, I enjoyed this game. This was this was a great game. Yeah, Zach, you know what paramatter they're ahead of schedule. I believe that their coach knows now that they're ahead of schedule. He's found he's found some some diamonds in the juniors. He's brought some diamonds over. And I think that the fullback long year, I think and you said, did you say he got dropped this week? The new wing get dropped. Okay, but even even him, he's.
Speaker 3: I think he's the next six, he's he.
Speaker 1: Might even be the next six. Nicole, that might even be the next six. Mitch played well. Even we talked about Brownie Brownie before the pack performed. I thought they were good. I thought they were really good. Penriff Penriff to me, seemed like they are just trying too hard. Nathan looked like he was just trying too hard. And you know what, when you throze ship on the wall, things come off, and some things came off. I honestly believed Dylan was his on one leg. Honestly, he looks, he looks a visually. Teddy was outstanding that And you know what, they didn't exploit Paramatunta didn't exploit the issues that Pendriff still have on the on the left hand side. McLean McLain Taho. They couldn't they couldn't catch a cold, honestly, and they didn't go that way. Mitch was going back the other way because he had out a car on the other side and that's where all the damage was happening. So that's fair enough. But I thought there was an opportunity there, but they didn't go. They didn't go, they didn't go there. Fun, it was a good game, good game. Fun. I thought it was a great game. And I think both teams like one, one team trying to find its former glory, which they're not going to make them. Yeah, let's get real and penrith I mean and Paramount well well ahead of the schedule.
Speaker 2: I think make the.
Speaker 3: Just that because one thing to point out as well, apparently twelve games have not yet started a full strength back line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you now, then will ahead of schedule.
Speaker 3: Because of injury and everything. Still, Bailey Simonson is still out and he was going so well.
Speaker 2: This week is pretty close, but things back.
Speaker 3: Bailey Simonson is still out and he missed one week because of an h panascene. Yeah, I thought it was. Bailey Simonson has been the best back so far since he returned because he came back in Game four and in two games he was leaning the competition in post contact meders two games. But yeah, he's still out. So how long you got the forward? I forgot his name. He's still out. He's still there for a few more weeks. But he's about another five six weeks. Okay, the forwards out for a few more weeks as well. I forget his name. But yeah, I mean, I mean every team has the injury pops, but I'm just saying, interestingly, the back line has not yet. Sean Russell shouldn't be there, George, You're no, no, no, but he shouldn't be there. If Barley Simon's is there, they're starting the back line at full strength.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Sean Russell shouldn't be there. He's a feeling so and he's a weak link. I've got to say, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: You know he's related to Roles.
Speaker 3: No why, I mean, it's just it's just maybe I'm being a bit harsh, But.
Speaker 1: You know what they did really will and I still believe that I was happy with the performance there ahead of schedule, I was happy with the performance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, points to this one.
Speaker 2: Clearly got the three points for this one who has been outstanding for the what a great bite, he's so good. He got the two points. And Dylan Indoles actually made the cup run a lot of meters, so he got the one. So I know what my not he's drinking and he's got one leg, but you've still got one point from.
Speaker 3: In the last game. The raid is they had two contentious calls go against them, still managed to get home twenty six to twenty four.
Speaker 1: They're the real deal.
Speaker 3: That the real And that's another reason why I'm in the bin because I shadowed him at the start of the season, but they've made me look like a fall.
Speaker 1: You know what, if you wait long enough, you get gold same day night after the Paramatta game. I did not expect this, but this was gold. This was something special. This was out of the box.
Speaker 2: And let me tell.
Speaker 1: You, yeah, Cambra did win, but let me tell you, Roostlers, they played their assholes. Yeah it wasn't for their middles. A little bit of an experience. They had this on toast.
Speaker 3: There were two contentious very content very contentious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, there was it. Talks about the contingents just right away. Bring it up bring it up. Well, there was one just thirty seconds before halftime. It looked like a knock on from the Roosters. I end up scoring from it, ended up scoring and if that if they won. Teddy what's his name, Ricky Stewart, That's.
Speaker 3: What I was hanging for that press conference. It was actually very normal because yeah, yeah, but yeah, so that was but he did, sorry, but he did. At one point in the Prench coroftcich he didn't do another Ricky Stewart when he was talking about how good his team was and he goes he said something like referring to the media because none of you blokes.
Speaker 1: Thought we could do it.
Speaker 3: No, you blokes.
Speaker 1: And they can't help himself and they and they did it.
Speaker 3: He can't help himself.
Speaker 1: You know what they Canberra bought? Uh they re signed the little hooker to get his name and they're bringing another hooker from Newcastle.
Speaker 2: What's the Newcastle hooker again?
Speaker 1: The brothers from Braley Braley?
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, Patty. Patty was awesome.
Speaker 1: Patty. I've been hearing his name for the last two years. Owen, Patty, Owen Patty and Patty what do you Patty? I haven't looked in the reggies, Patty, Oh my godfather's good. Oh my godfather. We talked about Galvin.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, kids coming through.
Speaker 1: This is this is ridiculous. You know what I never saw. I never saw Ethan Sanders? Oh my gone, how could say the future Halves strange and Sanders this gun Halves? This is crazy. This this can between what they got under He said that.
Speaker 3: He actually said, yet you've got a glimpse into our future. It's insane. Sanders would have come in handy.
Speaker 2: Now, I can't believe you know what. I heard the talk, but I didn't really see it.
Speaker 1: Oh my well, no I knew Dylan Brown was leaving.
Speaker 3: These guys paths were blocked, blazed to lark you, these guys paths were blocked.
Speaker 1: Even blaze, and we've gone off pendrife even blaze. I saw enough. He's getting better and better. I saw enough of him of developing. Now he might be this year and he might not even been getting better and better.
Speaker 2: It takes time.
Speaker 1: He will be a five eight, he will be an outstanding five eight. And they haven't learned the Penoff way yet, but they will. And he's got all the time the world. But this Sanders guy, I mean so strange guy, I mean Sanders, mom my godfather. You know you know what when I when I heard forgivey was sorry technical difficult and that was a good one. Technically that was brilliant. That was good.
Speaker 2: That was sanding.
Speaker 3: I have why stopped hold the phone, Chuck? Why did I not know that we had that sound effect? I don't know what I would.
Speaker 1: Have been using it every week.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what.
Speaker 1: Was I don't know. I don't know. I pressed the all.
Speaker 3: Now that I know we've got that, I'll be here, like did you hear you didn't hear it, but when you hear it, back you hear it. I'm not going to turn out. I bumped, I bumped my laptop and your book fell and hit the control pad and we heard something and we heard a sound effect that I didn't know we even had.
Speaker 1: That's what the boy was going bloody well using that every week? That was brilliant. That was so good. Okay, okay, so this game, this game was insanely physical, but at the same time insanely fast. East were outstanding. And you know what, Marky, Mark how good he is with ball in hand is how bad you go with a long last name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's his name again?
Speaker 3: What do you call it?
Speaker 2: Mikeey marg mikey Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what Robinson said about him in the press conference because he made a couple of yeah, Robert. He said, the kid's got a big future. It's just up to him, he said, once he learns to get that out of it. If he decides, he can be as good as he wants to be.
Speaker 5: If you if he chooses, he's probably already talking to.
Speaker 3: Him, guys, for sure, talk to him.
Speaker 2: He'll be he'll be.
Speaker 3: What about Smith? Is he going to be living?
Speaker 2: And he goes? That's or the talking that they might loan him. They will do a club for a loan for a year and then bring it back by carry grant.
Speaker 3: With Tigers because this is only one year.
Speaker 2: It's a one year deal.
Speaker 1: Is it a one or two? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Maybe what I heard is one year one million?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't need it.
Speaker 1: I like sand He's very good.
Speaker 2: I've told you from ages, guys, got I love him. It's George, him and Atkinson best halves. You know what.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I don't think they need DC. But I think the deal has been done and they can't back out of him because they didn't expect Russus didn't expect the kids to come on so quickly, and they've come on quickly. They've come on so quickly, and you can see that they're all working for each other. And that's what I like these two teams. The best thing about him is that they work from the inside. They cover their mistakes when you do make when a team makes a long break, you look back and the line's set. So they're really good in camera, so much I'll find it, I'll find it.
Speaker 2: So they're a good look.
Speaker 1: Camera was was really good and I can't wait to watch them again. The horse Brough must play Origin.
Speaker 2: He's got the best kicking game in the Colm.
Speaker 1: Kicking put through again, does a little kick out, but he's got it in his arsenal. But what I do like about him is he's really aggressive. I was going to see where he.
Speaker 2: Is really good. That's your Queensland need Queensland need horsebro.
Speaker 5: I wrote my whole team list when I become coaching.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 5: Raiders is just one of those teams. I said it last year, Like Warriors, Raiders are just they're like ninjas are just coming through Eels is in there like Cowboys because I was worried about you know, homes going and felt going last year. But I love Raiders one like like they're they're like the Cowboys, George, like you know when you isolate each player and you and even Dolphins and you go, oh my god, and then you realize that all like Dolphins is another one that's up and coming. I love Dolphins, but again, like not to keep going back Calvin, but there are way better players young kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: Robert Tyer who played for Queens.
Speaker 1: Robert Toya, he's twenty. Yeah, outrageous, outrageous, outrageous, be tweeny, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Hudson young, he's aggressive. But you've obviously got to minual side.
Speaker 3: That's George Battle ongoing.
Speaker 1: I'm there, I'm there, I'm there, I'm there, I'm there. Keep telling me how old old patties just curiosity? Is he another is another just twenty year old?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd a baby, he would be a baby.
Speaker 1: But you've got yeah, outstanding Like like I'm watching, I'm going, who's this kid, who's baddy? That's the kid that's him, And then then then saying then twenty one, so he's coming into his patch now.
Speaker 5: He was blonde. George was that he.
Speaker 2: Was born he was born born when.
Speaker 1: In England, Queensland.
Speaker 3: That's all right now if the Queensland pat and that meant you'll play for New South Wales.
Speaker 2: He's a Queensland just like Great English and all the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Right, I'll think I was born in Orange or did grow up in Orange, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Oh, Paddy was born in Queensland.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: Sorry, great game.
Speaker 1: Is the point?
Speaker 2: This is one thing I just want to bring up. Did you say that there's another talking point here the Raiders. I scored an absolute cracker of a try where this guy put a kick in and then I think the guy hold him back, yes, yes, yes, And then it was a penaly of the roosters because I got him off side, but he wouldn't have been off side if the exactly that. That was rubbish, But that was good. That was a mad try and that was robbed them.
Speaker 3: That was one of the contentious calls.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: That was the second one. Yeah, yea. And what about the first beginning where Markey Mark School was a beautiful try right there and then off the kickoff mister Poo drops off. Was the most messiest drop ball.
Speaker 1: What about Toupoo's try where he actually waited.
Speaker 2: For about half an hour? I had a copy, had a little crazy something like that.
Speaker 1: Just put the damn ball down right, I'm looking, what's he doing? You know? In the meantime that just he came flying in and out of the street one side. I was still sitting there with the ball up there.
Speaker 5: Watching with the races. I said, the snake the minute anything happens, like Teddy could be right at the other end of the field and he is the first one to the reft winging. He is right in front of the ref.
Speaker 2: Have you have you seen rentals? Have you have you seen rentals?
Speaker 3: He had to apply the same level of Ricky Sturet with his winging in press conferences. That's such a that's such a tangerous one and you can't come back to it.
Speaker 2: It was good. This this was this was this was gold.
Speaker 1: It was this was cap it was and you know what camebra is the best team in the comp because they've got more victors than any other.
Speaker 2: And the turning point in that game was done by the winger from the next winger, from Sir George to Marlae where a miracle ball out of the sideline again after that camera. He's a top player, man was.
Speaker 3: I saw a similar thing with the Cowboys a year or two ago. That was he was out for all money and when I saw that ball flying back there.
Speaker 1: You do it? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It was a mess.
Speaker 1: They're so good the wingers, they're so a political But but what what I like about both these teams and particularly Canberra, their middles. They're the best punishment punishment punishment.
Speaker 2: Three points went to to Marlee. That's why I threw that in because he got the three points with that beautiful part. It was great.
Speaker 3: That was incredible.
Speaker 2: He was a top player. He played really well. I don't know what we did him. Go two for Tedesco, who's having an outstanding season. I don't know why he's not picked, but anyway, and Kea Weeks got the one point. He had a really good game.
Speaker 3: I don't see just block your ears for a second. I don't see Dylan Edwards outperforming to this guy. I don't know how.
Speaker 1: He's the best fall back in the game.
Speaker 2: But look, God to another level this year, it's like he's gone to a differently.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how good he's playing. You know what, He's been a leader for these kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's why it's a young team. So he's just lifted to it.
Speaker 3: And the Bulldogs and Sharks and Dolphins all had to buy Lojah the Bulldog is going to be well rested for this. I'm going to go off the raidar for a few days next week. So moving into artist crystal ball. Crystal ball. Okay, let's go, guys, let's do the tips. Last week we got so what we did last week? Five points went to Nick, five to Tenure. Georgia gave you tips all the way. I guess what you got six.
Speaker 2: Anyway, and that he got four.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: I just predicted the tips. I knew you would pick, and you only got the Broncos wrong. So we've got Tan. You're leading the leaderboard on six, George on fifty nine, on fifty six, and Nick, who's given up, Maybe should go all the away teams again the second fifty your way behind twelve, behind.
Speaker 1: Twelve points mine. We're in twelve games.
Speaker 2: That's right. You wait till the last it's in the bag.
Speaker 1: It's better than that for us.
Speaker 3: Second place is the first loser, and it's the truth. I don't want to be at the Yeah, we're in. Let's start right now.
Speaker 2: That's it. So kicking off this round, we've got the Knights up against the Sea Eagles. We've got Caylee back the Knights to boy Bach is back for the Seagulls. Which one Oh sorry sorry Jake, Ben Jake. The background play been played Tamp.
Speaker 5: Team when each when Eagles are playing, I was like, is that the ship? Yes?
Speaker 3: I'm like me, seriously for one second, just turbo voy bag. Right, I'll get caned for saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway. You guys had one good year that I've ever seen his whole career. Yeah, one good year and he's been injury riddled and done nothing to stand out ever since. I don't understand what all the hype is about.
Speaker 1: It's just immediate thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, you'll get got it off my chest when we've said it before. Yeah, is that one good year? Had one great year?
Speaker 2: His nickname any tamp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's weird because when he's on, he's on. But he's never on because he's never on the field.
Speaker 3: And we all know if it's not on, it's not on.
Speaker 2: That's right. Knight's got a bad record against Eagles too. Yeah, but it's surely we're going to go Eagles. We'wcastle win.
Speaker 3: But I'm tipping man.
Speaker 2: The coach.
Speaker 1: The Newcastle coach says it's scheduling. I think it's his team. There's no way in the world, no way in the world. I don't care where they playing. They could be, they could play on the moon. There's no way Knights beating the Seagles.
Speaker 3: It's funny, but Stewart mentioned that in his president No, no, he gets all the traveling.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, you guys have played so many home games. A look, CA.
Speaker 2: They're playing at McDonald Stadium. Yeah, they're playing nights. You know you're thinking about this one.
Speaker 1: I'm going, man it.
Speaker 5: Is literally the windst year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the Newcastle is pretty Look, I know, I know one thing for sure. You know Newcastle they're not very good at rugby league. Yeah, but Manly is a team that will lose to these you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: And there's a chance she's not leading the confident. That's true.
Speaker 5: They're playing at.
Speaker 2: Home Longers In. Okay, we'll do that one. Well, I'll be texting you. If they do win, I'll be texting you to I'll be texting you might have something. I think you might have something following that. On Friday, our first game is a Storm up against the Cowboys. We've got Coats and Grant back for the.
Speaker 3: Storm to take a big risk on this one.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, Storm haven't beaten the Cowboys since twenty twenty one. They played once, they played once, they would have played about the least four times. It might be the biggest too.
Speaker 3: I've told you guys before. Stats like sha a lot, but you can't say everything come right. It means when once the bell rings, nothing matters.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think the stats sometimes there's always out who do teams Cowboys?
Speaker 3: If that's true, If what you're saying is true, then I'll give you a stat that I read today which I take nothing into, and it will prove that what I say is true. The stats are like bikinis. They show you a lot, but you can't see everything. What you can't say. That's where the magic is. George Power have not lost a round thirteen game. This decade. No, is it around thirteen, now, fourteen? Whatever round it is coming up. I'll this is what this is where I'm going to prove to you sts mean nothing right. Once the bell rings, it doesn't matter what happened before, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: He's picking the.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. Cowboys. We've gone Melbourne, Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Melbourne. The only reason I'm going to Melbourne because it's Amy Park. But if it was up there, I'll be cows for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh the next one, Dolphins up against the Dragons. I've only won two in the last ten at some court. But anyway, the hammer, Marshall King and Plath is listed in the reserves, so we've got plas yeah, coming reserve the reserves. Now the hammer is starting. But Marshall King and Platter are listed in the reserves, so they could come in. They could not, so we don't know. And for Saint George, Sue is out for Tala Mariners come in.
Speaker 3: I think if if Marshall King is fit, he'll play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they've got him on the bench, so reserves, so not on the eighteen.
Speaker 3: But I'll go to Dolphins on this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think I might go to this game, might take the Boys.
Speaker 2: But I'll go Dolphins, Dolphins, and he's.
Speaker 5: Going to get a try. He's growing every game would be his seventh game he's scored a try.
Speaker 1: Is this the youngster.
Speaker 2: He's on a run.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going Dolphins because of Katola.
Speaker 2: I'm going Yeah, I'm going Dolphins as all, So we're all going Dolphins.
Speaker 5: Is the best player in the league.
Speaker 2: He's brilliant, he's fantastic. Well again talking about youngsters, how they're coming up. Yeah, he's amazing. Apparently he's the best one to feel good seen in his life. Anyway, it's any Govin, that's any Sharks up against the Warriors. Sharks. Malatale is out, Sharks from suspended and Catoles back, so they one way from the other. And Tim Wilton's back, Mitch Barnett gone for the season.
Speaker 1: So who's playing front row?
Speaker 2: Jackson Board he's taking what's his name spot and he played well, playable play and his crazy eyes in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fishes in the fishes in Sharks from me.
Speaker 1: Fish, I'm going to worry. Yeah, I'm going to Warriors too, because I don't I don't know Sharks. Yeah, I'm going to Warriors, but Sharks.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going Sharks. We're all going Warriors. You're going Sharks. Yeah, so you've got you're the odd one out there.
Speaker 3: Take good look everyone, this is what winning looks like.
Speaker 2: Broncos up against the Titans Queensland Derby. There Mariners out.
Speaker 3: Ruce Walsh in Broncos thirteen plus.
Speaker 2: Jojo for feeder, Verel's out.
Speaker 1: A J.
Speaker 2: Brimson livested in the reserve, Broncos thirty class.
Speaker 5: Broncos I think thirteen plus. Have they got some cool man Marena is on the bench. That's good. Yeah, I'll go Broncos. They're playing at home too. I want to go. I really want to go to the game, but I just I don't know. I think to see them win. Why not not drag my kids up there at seven of the at night to let them see another loss lives.
Speaker 2: It's a special game for.
Speaker 5: I was thinking that I've taken it.
Speaker 1: It's a nice it's a nice I'm up there.
Speaker 3: The Dolphins have a buyer. I know we looked. Look, we can only watch them.
Speaker 1: Okay. Also before a double header for you blow.
Speaker 2: You'll see something special because Reynolds plays his three hundredth game. That day and he's a fifty fifth player to do that, So big one for Adam Reynolds. Three hundred games.
Speaker 3: Reynolds.
Speaker 2: He's good, he's good. So we're all going Bronx, Yes I am, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, or Bronx.
Speaker 1: It's got well, Daisy's got a piece of rubbish with the Titans. Unfortunately, I wish different, but I said I'll make the eighth. I said them. I said they'll make the eighth, so the I'll make them make them for sure.
Speaker 2: Raiders up against the Rabbit O's is next. Papali will then play his three hundred game, three hundred and eighteenth game, which the record, which is good. Really is going to be the high most captive player for Raiders. Foggerty's back, which is good. And Whiten and Walker are back for the rabbid Ooze. That's two begins.
Speaker 3: Huge.
Speaker 2: Walker.
Speaker 1: They're playing at Canberra. I'll go canbra but oh what it's interesting.
Speaker 2: They're stronger, they're building now, they're starting to get their troops back, and Walker's back. Walker, Okay, it's interesting. You're going Canberra, right camera? Yeah, I think we're all going to get camera.
Speaker 5: They're playing at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're playing at home.
Speaker 1: That's that's what sways me.
Speaker 2: All right, West Tiger's up against the Panthers. Clear reverse Lewie, first time they go against each other, and stains have been dropped Latu and f now and gyrl's Skelton is back in for the Tigers. Skelton is a good player, very good. Panthers same seventeen. No change.
Speaker 1: He's a good he's a good winger. Skelton very good.
Speaker 2: No change for the Panthers who were staying as is.
Speaker 1: You know what, this is going to be extremely entertaining and extremely tight. Match's not going to be a throw I you say that they're going to make the eight. I say they're not. That's the Panthers. I'm going to tip the Panthers because we all know how I feel about their system. But let me tell you, I would not be surprised if West got away with this one. Really yeah, I wouldn't surprise.
Speaker 5: Wait, is that that because you guys share stadiums. What's combined is that Panthers the one you.
Speaker 3: Went, that's the one you went to combat Paramount Stadium?
Speaker 5: But okay, so do they adopt that.
Speaker 3: Penis Stadium is being rebuilt? So they're playing at our stadium.
Speaker 2: And they records ship there, so they've only won one game. But yeah, so I'm going Panthers as well. What about you, Tenure, that's.
Speaker 5: So hard because you've got Arkan Panthers.
Speaker 3: It's not hard at all. Panis all the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh and finishing off Monday Special Kings Cup the King's Cup.
Speaker 1: For a trophy. Ye you know, I'm very disappointed.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I think paramount has been hardly done by no pre pre COVID. We used to play the Gold Coast Titans in the Northern Territory for the Royal Flying Doctor Service Cup. Take It, Take it Away, Take it Away. One of the traphy we get to play for every year.
Speaker 2: This one now, so that's all right. The Bulldogs went last year twenty to eighteen, so kind of Tracy plays his one hundredth will Pinasini back for the Eels. For the Dogs, you've only got Crichton, king Man, Carraz and Gavin's on the extended pitch.
Speaker 3: That's looking very m Yeah. I'm going to go for the upset here.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon the Dogs can do it, Docks, Yeah, can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are on the upset.
Speaker 5: I'm going Eels and also to go to King's Birthday on the Monday as is in October. Can we just all do it on the same day?
Speaker 3: Do you mean you don't have a public hold Monday?
Speaker 2: They haven't gone really now.
Speaker 5: Our labor day is like the second, but you.
Speaker 1: Guys have one.
Speaker 3: A month ago you had a public holiday month yea, I was up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like April we had like seven for Queen. You know, I'll go to Eels again. It's it's the weirdest, like it's.
Speaker 2: The most weirdest.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what if the Eels win, I'm going to come back and isso a public apolse you to ask the next week and say, you know what, from now on, I'll start looking at statistical history records. Well you haven't lost this round all decade, right, But yeah, no, the dog's way too strong, I mean, and don't forget it's at Homebush. There's going to be a huge public holiday. All those crowd as well.
Speaker 2: Going to not a chance in hell. No, they're in the corner from your house.
Speaker 3: Contes what you've been there, you've been, you know, you've said.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not gonna know.
Speaker 2: No Dogs, I'm going to join pint Tan. I'm going to get eels for an upset and I'm looking forward to seeing the media coming out and saying until they'll be praying for it so they can ride off the headlines.
Speaker 3: If it's a cricket period, cricket school, I won't even see the second half.
Speaker 2: You never know. Paramount impressed me last week. I thought that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Last last time these two teams are played, Paramo with the better team on the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I righte Paramount. I think they're doing all right.
Speaker 3: I did see that one because I was in Melbourne that day and that's the one game this year I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: They played so well, you know what, I don't know. How can I be one? I have no idea how that the Dogs won that night.
Speaker 3: I've got a Sunday yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking, well, we're gone, we're gone, We're going, We're gone, the hood that's gone, where we're head?
Speaker 3: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: How that happen? So that's what I mean. They might have something, you know, I'll just leave all the coach.
Speaker 2: But anyway, and on we go, and then we go and that's it. That's until the round and the Roosters have the boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now super League? Do you want to hear the Super League? You do? I saw them the Super League. We've got the Catalan Dragons zero Hull FC thirty four. Okay, they're going terrible to Dragons.
Speaker 1: Dragons are going terrible. Luke Keary is losing his mind too. Friends, what's yeah, probably that back roll that everybody had and no one's got now A panguy looks like Arthur beats in there now, but they're useless. And that's John Cartwright's team. It's the other Hull okay. And they look they looked against the Catlines. They look like the world beaters. So there's something wrong in France. There's the coach of the Catalan some some English guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know. They got smashed bred Arthur's team twenty two, Wakefield Trinity eighteen. How good?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say it again.
Speaker 1: He's doing an amazing job, an amazing job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he could be Australian Kangaroo. He can South the Devil's six. This is the team that's struggling. We can Warriors forty six, Warrington Wolves. Sam's team got to win thirty four Castle for Tigers twenty four whole KR twenty sorry, thirty fourth Helen's four.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me yeah, let me let me, let me let me tell you about that game. Number one Saint Helen's needs a new coach. Number one, number two. Somebody please get Tristan out of there. Please, I beg you. Isn't he playing well? He's great. They've stuck him on the wing. He's scoring tries, making breaks like nothing, but he's not trying.
Speaker 2: Put him in the halfs.
Speaker 1: They tried that and they spend him two weeks at five eight. He carved up. Then they put him straight on the wink of some English some English superstar came back. You won't even know him. Okay, someone please in Australia, someone.
Speaker 2: And then they can get I don't know, doesn't want.
Speaker 1: To You know what that ain't I'm doing now that the coach doesn't rat him. This piece of well okay, this coach in St Helen's, I won't say it, piece of ship. Yeah, basically doesn't rad him, doesn't doesn't rate, stuck him out the win. He's still doing his thing, but he's not trying. He's not even trying to do his thing. Please someone, by the way, someone get into Australia.
Speaker 3: Just looking at the camera for the record. By the way, before he wasn't using the word fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now look I just English.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a he's a Saint Helen's legend, the player there. But my issue is that Tristan and I don't know how old he is. What is he twenty three? He should not be in English, he's going to be old.
Speaker 2: He's too good. I'd be old, late twenties, imagine. Not he should not be. He should not he should not be.
Speaker 5: Imagine not keeping Wendel's Sailor's son. Yeah, Australia in any team. When I was watching the old games with Manny, I was like, that's Tristan Sailor's dad, Like that's how And he's like, oh my gosh, He's like now I can tell why. You know, you're getting frustrated.
Speaker 3: I remember, I remember, I remember Wendell with hair coming breaking in like in ninety two or ninety three, came on the stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's twenty six.
Speaker 2: Twenty six worn on the same day as me.
Speaker 1: Okay, twenty six is in his peak. He's twenty six in his peak.
Speaker 2: He should not be he should I'd love to have someone love to get him back because he's a junior. You know that he's a system. Yeah, just getting back?
Speaker 1: Was there self getting back? Please?
Speaker 2: Someone getting a baud love to but we kicked him out it No, I don't care, no, no, no, just getting back. I don't care. Perth someone getting I know what they got rid of him, Saints because he had that thing with the girl Saints.
Speaker 1: But how about the Bronco. Yeah, we couldn't fit in. I guess I couldn't fit in.
Speaker 2: In the final game, hw does Phil Giants twenty four, the Lee Leopards, Ugliest jerseys in the World twenty eight, the ladder looks like this whole KR twenty four, Wigan Warriors twenty two, Leeds Rhinos, brad Afters team eighteen and the ugliest jersey in the World seventeen.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that the brad After is coming out third with nothing, no care, nothing the top four, it's top six. Want to have some funny, I get the Man of still ratings pop three.
Speaker 2: Oh God, while we talk, kay.
Speaker 3: Ye many times a man of Steel winner in England has come over to Australia and done nothing.
Speaker 1: But this, this is this.
Speaker 6: Time.
Speaker 1: He will find this interesting actually talking about that. George Williams is looking to come to the Finns. I hope they don't buy him. But a half back. Yeah, yeah, he's going to start. I think the tolls growth.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's very interesting, so tell everybody. Okay, So you got j Connor from the Rhinos on sixteen points. Is a winger back roll? Yeah? Herman s S from Hull FC on fourteen so s c s.
Speaker 1: He probably not over the first grader here.
Speaker 2: Played for Newcastle and I think the third one Nick Cotrick.
Speaker 1: He's probably not the first grader. He's not a first grader. But he's playing for the Lands. They're coming second last whatever and he's carving up. He's coming third in the Man of Steel. So if someone tells me that England English rugby league is a standard of Australia, well I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: No, he isn't in the top. He's not trying. He's not trying.
Speaker 1: He's not trying. It looks great, but he's not trying. You can do he's not trying. The Miller's of the Rhinos.
Speaker 2: That's that Newcastle stuff. He's good.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you said he was an I have to ask any relation to Gavin Miller.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, a rugby convert. Yeah, English English. He's carving up, but when he came to Australia he was too small. He's more running running over him and Nick knicks Man bevon French seventh, he's been he's on points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's carving. He's got spiderwebs. They can't touch him, they can't touch him, he's spiderwebs on him. Who want to last you? George j Field?
Speaker 2: J Field? No, I forgot I think French are French? Or j Field's fourth this time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll come up back together and that's they're both apparent. But now the worries and that's it for me, tibbets. That's uh.
Speaker 1: I haven't got I haven't got any tidbits. I've got some potential and I've got nice sound effects and we will press someone at the But I do, I do. I do have a song that we're gonna choose now, uh, just to round it up, and this is gonna sorry, it is going to be Tanier's tip choice. But this song was played in the CORTEENA this this album. Sorry it was played extend it can only be one song.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not.
Speaker 1: Actually, Actually, I'm sure that Tanya knows knows the artists you've chosen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she knows the arts. I'm not sure if she knows the album. But this, uh, this Tenure was on high rotation on Uh is this.
Speaker 3: Where we get to hear point three of the second and we have.
Speaker 1: No, we're not nothing, no, no, no, I'm just it's the vinyl. It's the vinyl next week. So this album Tenure in nineteen eighty one was on high rotation.
Speaker 10: You know, there's cartridges. Like I said, there's cartridges. You realized she was born four years later. Maybe she knows that, she knows she's a smart girl. Okay, anyway, this was this album was on high rotation. In ARTI's Courtina.
Speaker 3: Eighty one, It's going to be Too Fast for Love one, Too Fast for Love. Let the records.
Speaker 2: Oh he's got the album. I got the nicole would you would.
Speaker 1: You pass to adi? And then you can then you can pick a song from the record.
Speaker 3: Original original the Barbershop from Coming to America Original original original my mom, My mom says, My mom says, My mom says high by the way, my mom says, so too.
Speaker 1: You were with this album?
Speaker 2: Can you see it?
Speaker 5: It looks familiar, but like I think, said, I was one four years later.
Speaker 1: Jackson Michael Jackson, it's off the Wall. So I was going to read the track list and you can pick a song. Okay, all right, wonder if she knows any of the songs. Where's the track list?
Speaker 2: Okay, don't stop till you get enough?
Speaker 1: Don't something? You got enough? Enough?
Speaker 2: Rock with you, Rock with you to the album it working day and night.
Speaker 1: Working day and night. You know that one. Get on the floor, get on, Okay, off the wall, off the wall.
Speaker 5: What's the album called?
Speaker 3: Off and off the wall?
Speaker 5: Keep going on?
Speaker 2: Girlfriend, she's out of my life, She's out of I can't help it. It's it's the falling in love. It's the falling in love, falling in love? Well makes good? Grammar burn this disco, out, burn this disco? Which which is which? Which one would you like to hear? At the end of the pot too.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be number one?
Speaker 2: Really stood enough enough?
Speaker 1: Favorite?
Speaker 5: Actually? What movie is it from? Nick? You can't enter this because you know, it's one of my favorite movies. Yeah. It's like, and I've spoken about these guys before, they're like comedians. It's really funny.
Speaker 2: Not at the Rock Spring Club.
Speaker 5: Someone singing and then it's like one of the most iconic He's like, okay, he's like, yeah, all the fire women on that side, the ugly women on that side. You start singing karaoke. It's a bit of kung fu.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying anything. Guys, then stops, Oh god, I can't remember, into the into the track.
Speaker 2: What's with what's it called? No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: There's three movies like it. Second one is the best. It's from the second one. I think the second one is the best.
Speaker 2: Here we Go is a vacation?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 10: American Pie hung Fu.
Speaker 5: One of the guys is singing it.
Speaker 11: I don't know what's his name to Russ, Yes, yes, that's Chris Rock. Is that Chris right? Not Chris Rock, Chris Chris Rock.
Speaker 2: The other was confusing, confused with Chris Rock and the other guy and Jackie Jackie Chan. Yeah, yeah, Jackie Chan.
Speaker 5: They're in the club.
Speaker 2: It's like one of the Chris Chris Tucker. That's it.
Speaker 5: And there's this guy and he's singing that. He's like, didn't stuff, He's like singing so about character going on in here.
Speaker 3: So I'll give you three quick things about Michael Jackson I mentioned none of you know the third one so we all know Quincy Jones died recently. His producer. Okay, everyone knows the song beat it and I'm guessing everyone knows who played the guitar solo on that. All right, how much did he get paid for it?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: I see you guys know. I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: I think you told us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of old just so we listened to it.
Speaker 2: We actually we listened.
Speaker 3: I'm impressed. That was a test.
Speaker 5: He actually, I want to know that you're listening to me.
Speaker 1: Actually it goes further than the Eddie came in and and Michael asked him to play the solo. And he puts the headphone listen to the song, and he goes, song is a mess. He goes, Michael, can I.
Speaker 2: Rearrange the song?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can do anything you want. Yeah, So he completely rearranged the song, Thank god. Apparently was a mess.
Speaker 1: And edyvan Eddie van Helen is a musical genius told us the story about his guitar, and he couldn't afford offender, so they put his little pick up and yeah, the sound he's got the O the original sound, well he took.
Speaker 3: I mean most people wouldn't know what to pick up, but he replaced the pickup in his guitar and his original one used from jump is. Actually I've seen it. It's in the window of Guitar Center in La and Hollywood Boulevard. Still, yeah, it's then the window. Yeah, freakish man, freakish.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan OF's guitar playing anyway. Yeah, yeah, Well, actually I listened to the the other day, the very first Van Halen album, the very very first one.
Speaker 2: It was a seventy seventy eight or seventy nine undercolar.
Speaker 1: Do you remember van Halen? Yeah, the first album, very first one.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think it was seventy eight, but we all know how Van Halen got discovered.
Speaker 2: Right Actually, no Van Halen, No, no, the band van Halen.
Speaker 1: Jane Simmons Gene.
Speaker 3: Simmons saw them playing at the Star Wars in seventy eight, blew them to New York and produced their first demos, all of which ended up on their first.
Speaker 1: Okay what's a great album. Absolutely great record. Yeah, anyway, that was fun. That was the fun part of the nine. Thank you to you at the end will be desoply get enough. Yeah, okay, that's atly enough it is And that's it. That wraps up another episode. Have a great week everyone, and uh when's the next to Origen's two weeks away, isn't it?
Speaker 2: They picked the team this weekday again next week we talk about the selections, so be good.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: I have a wonderful night, everyone, have a wonderful week, and we'll see you one next week.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your rugby league, enjoy jeez, you know I was.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's got a lot of power.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel like it makes me feel like.
Speaker 6: The b.
Speaker 8: Just rising.
Speaker 6: Stop problem.
Speaker 8: Makes us can.
Speaker 6: Just stop.
Speaker 12: The host don't get it, don't get thet don't getting.
Speaker 13: Like I can.
Speaker 8: Ascias ansensation? Can us through the I no, you know the bottom the post.
Speaker 13: For the post?
Speaker 8: You get it? I'm okay, you turn there shutting up a concerning.
Speaker 13: How do you spead.
Speaker 8: For the first doors? Do stop taking with the fust? Do those take it from the postos those stop taking it with.
Speaker 13: The first take it.
Speaker 14: The first stoet it, give up the pet, don't stop taking it for the first stop take it, gip.
Speaker 8: With the posts, don't just take get it.
Speaker 13: It's the pen.
Speaker 6: Sisters showing, so.
Speaker 13: Get it all. Get a jan janst
Speaker 6: Persons from