Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the aaw Fan podcast team. This is Kelson and I guess the best place to start is with the news that Malachi Black, Ricky Starks, and Miro are no longer with the company. From what I understand, they were all removed from the aw roster page. There is no non compete clause for either of them. They are free to go anywhere they want immediately. Let's talk about it. Where do you see these three guys going, if anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about Malachi, but I'm pretty sure. I don't know if Mirro gonna go back to WW or not, because I wasn't too sure when he left it. He left on good terms with them, So Ricky probably will be there in NXT within the next week or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't agree with that go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, I said maybe maybe, But I think we might get Ricky starts in the crowd on Saturday at Vengeance Day, and obviously I think that would be a great spot for him. W W e O don't give him what he needs. He needs training and structure, and that's gonna be perfect for him.
Speaker 5: Mirro. It's hit or mess with Mirrow.
Speaker 4: I think she could go to CNA, he could go back.
Speaker 5: To w w E.
Speaker 4: Hey, we don't know yet. But mal Kai Black, if he doesn't go back to w w E, I'll be I'll be surprised, Honestly, I'll be very surprised.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough?
Speaker 1: Anybody else have any opinions on this?
Speaker 6: I know I think that Ricky will events we end up in WWE, But Mirro I think he might be done completely. And Malachi Black, I really can't see him going back over to WWE. Maybe he'll do some independent wrestling and maybe a podcast or something like our podcast.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, anybody else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd be shocked at Malachi wouldn't return to WWE and be with his wife, be able to travel with her, you know. And SmackDown could probably use a few more stars at the moment, you know, they've we're as kind of absorbed all the guys on that end.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anybody else has any opinion on where these guys may end up? No, uh, well, well I'll just express mine as far as Malachi Black goes. And again, this is just an opinion. It's not an educated opinion at all, you know, I'm an idiot, so just take it at face value. Malachi Black, I think that maybe Malachi may be done with wrestling. I really really believe that, not one hundred percent. But I don't think that he wants to be tied down to a company anymore. I would actually be stocked if Malachi Black ended up back into WWE. I think that he's probably going to be doing things like a training school with as Net said, some independent dates, which he's already done, you know, sprinkled in there, and that's that now. As far as Miro, I one hundred percent believe that Miro is done with wrestling. I mean he's given no indication whatsoever of wrestling, whereas Malachi Black has wrestled it in depend that chose and is posted on the internet about wrestling and things like that. Miro has been dead silent. I would not be surprised if he is in Bulgaria right now and just live in his best life, and good for him. But I don't think that he's destined for anywhere other than whatever he wants to do. And you know what, great for him if he wants to go to WE, fine, if he wants to start a training school, fine hell, Malky Black.
Speaker 3: Even it kind of.
Speaker 1: Strikes me as the kind of guy that would start his own promotion, an independent promotion, just for to give back, you know, give these new guys some training, let them work on their wrestling skills and their other character.
Speaker 2: I would be Mirros put to the hell before he left WWE. I mean the whole Bubby Lashley, his wife, that whole storyline was terrible, and I would I can imagine him not going back, very very very easily not going back there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: As far as Ricky Starks goes, this one is interesting to me because Ricky Starks is kind of a pal with seem Punk, so you know, just can't Sutton mute please. He's a pal with See Them Punk and.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: But I will say this, usually when somebody leads AW or even WWE, H I wish for them to get you know, a new job, do whatever they do. I personally believe that it will be a massive, massive mistake for WW to take on Ricky Starks. I really do believe that. I think that WW needs to send need needs to send him on Indie run to get him to get his you know, head out of his ass, because The thing with Ricky Starks is that he thinks, in my opinion, he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is, and he's not. I'm agreeables, and you know he he you know, aw fans for better or for worse, many of them have called see I'm punk of cancer. I put Ricky Starks in that category. There's a reason why he was under contract and not used for months and months and months and months. And that's probably because, sorry, probably because he's a prick.
Speaker 2: He bought the comparisons to the Rock. He bought into that way way too much, way.
Speaker 1: Way too much.
Speaker 3: Does he have talent?
Speaker 1: Sure? Why anybody would be a fan of him? I have no idea. It's really it just really that's the way I look at it. I just think that, you know, generally speaking, I think that like I root for wrestlers to find another job and live their best life, Ricky Starks, I just don't feel that way. And I'm sorry. You know, the guy is a He just doesn't strike me as the type of person that I would want my home. Put it that way. So that's my opinion to take it the way you want it, because it's an uneducated opinion. I've said I'm an idiot, but you know, the way I judge character is that Ricky Starks doesn't have one.
Speaker 6: I can't agree want Kelson. I saw him live Friday night, and I didn't find anything impressive about him. I thought maybe if I saw him in person, he might rub off on me a little bit, but I didn't see anything stand out about him. And I do think that he will end up in WWE at some point. There's a place for him somewhere where. I don't know, but yeah, he's not my favorite guy either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I do think he did end up in WWEI.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I just think that WWE needs to take steps two. I guess the best way to describe it is to detox him because he's got some issues. He really does. In my opinion, he just doesn't seem like the type of guy that anybody really appreciated in the locker room because he seems like a prick. Like I said, I don't think that he's uh that guy.
Speaker 7: So the locker room didn't like him.
Speaker 1: Uh everyone, especially the people that were running the show. I don't think that Tony Kahan liked him. I don't think that any of the producers liked him. I don't think that. I mean, look, the guy was healthy. He said he'd never turned down creative. Sure this is coming what from Ricky Starks. I don't think he was ever presented with creative to be turned down. I mean, I think that he was literally in wrestling terms, Ricky Starks is a probably one of the best examples of someone who got buried by a w He was literally buried. What has he done?
Speaker 6: What did he do to startle all of this?
Speaker 7: I mean, Brian Danielson said he was the one that called the match all out, praised him, said he hit a home run. I mean, was candid in his praise of him and his ability. Ponga a fan of Ricky Starks. Cody Rhodes a fan of Ricky Starks.
Speaker 3: That's well and fine.
Speaker 1: That's well and fine. But what I'm saying is is that you could be a fan of somebody's wrestling ability or any ability that they have, whether it's a singer, an actor, you know, whatever. Uh, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're a good person. And it just seems to me like Ricky Starks is a little you know. The only explanation I have for it is that Ricky Starks is kind of a jerk. You know, any rub people the wrong way. What other explanation could there possibly be. He wasn't injured, so you know, in my opinion, it seemed like Ricky Starks thought that he was a main eventor when he's a lower mid carter and if he does go to WWE, I wish him the best, but he's not going to be He's not going to be anything but a lord big carter WWE at best because that's all he's got. You know, That's that's just my opinion. I mean, if you guys disagree with me, by by all means tell me you disagree with me. But that's just my opinion on Ricky Starks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's not a min event guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, he and Big Bill were aw Tag team champions and I thought that that run was really really well done. But the thing about that run was that was where people started to see that Big Bill was emerging as kind of a star. And it wasn't Ricky Starks that made that team go. It was Big Bill that made the team go. Yeah, if you remember, it was stinging Darby Allen to beat Big Bill and Ricky Starks not much longer than a year ago. It was like a year ago this week or last week that they won the championship off of Ricky Stark's A Big Bill, And of course then they carried it right through to Sting's retirement match, and then they vacated and Ricky Stark's A Big Bill were never seen or heard from again as a tag team.
Speaker 3: After that, it.
Speaker 1: Was, you know, something happened. And then, of course you have to remember it was that interchange between Adam Copeland and Adam Copeland and Ricky Starks where Ricky Starks called, you know, mentioned something about Adam Copeland's bug eyes, and Adam Copland called him a vanilla.
Speaker 3: Rock, and.
Speaker 2: I love that. I kind of agree with you, But I think the issue came down to the fact that I think Ricky got off to a bad side of everybody because I don't think he really wanted to lose the titles to Sting in Darby. I think he thought he was better than that and shouldn't have to put those titles and give those titles up. I think, because if you remember, that's where most of his trouble started was around that time.
Speaker 7: I disagree with that. I don't think he wanted the tag team titles to begin with. I think he was in the middle of a huge main event run on Collision for the quote unquote Real World's Championship, supposed to have a main event match with Punk. It all out, the rugg got pulled from under him, and then he got put in this tag team and he didn't want to do I disagree with that. I don't think he was mad about losing the titles. I think he was mad. He was in a position that I think a lot of guys strive for, and it was it was taken from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that wasn't That wasn't that wasn't anybody's fault but Punks.
Speaker 7: I mean that was continuing to push him as a star. I mean, I don't he was in a position working for a title that was on collision. You know, we can say it wasn't valid, but belts the belt Punk technically never lost it.
Speaker 2: Well, but the thing about that is is it was something that was It was partially Tony's Falders, partially Punk's faulds, partially everybody's fault that was involved in it. But the thing comes down to you can't continue to push somebody for something that doesn't exist anymore. So when Pup was released, yeah he could have pushed him. But if you're getting a reaction from somebody, that's like pissy because something fell through. That Shit happens in this game. It's not like you can count on everything being the same every week in and week in week out. You got people get hurt, people get fired, people do stupid crap, and it's just one of those things where I don't think he handled it right. That's where it came. That's when his problems started.
Speaker 6: Maybe he didn't handle it right, but I feel like maybe people around him didn't handle it properly either. They could have kept the momentum on Ricky going. I mean, we talk about creative all the time. There's something that they could have switched him to that would have kept his build going and made him bigger and bigger and bigger, and for whatever reason, they just kind of dropped them. And so I can see him having some frustration there.
Speaker 1: Well, Dett let me bring this up because and I don't remember the dates because honestly, I just don't, but I think somewhere around late twenty twenty two, maybe early twenty three through early twenty twenty four, a w was making an effort to push Ricky Starks, and stuff kept happening. Ricky Starks even made a promo about it in Ray, alluding to the fact that he would get into a program with this person and that person would get injured, He'd get into a program with another person and that person got suspended. And that's the truth. I mean, everything he seemed to do was derailed to a point, even like with the CM punk thing, you know, and I admitted this, and I said this a couple of weeks ago when he had his match against CM Punk on Collision, and even CM Punk said this that Ricky Starks carried him through that match. Ricky Starks had a decent match because CM Punk was just awful. He was slow, he was plotting, he was wrestling like a sixty year old that had no business being in a ring. And Ricky Starks literally carried him through that and everybody saw it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of the downfall for Ricky Starks was if you remember that chair shot to Brian Danielson's leg and the corner where Ricky Starks had a chair and he was standing awe on the floor while Danielson was literally laying with his leg wrapped around the corner, and Ricky Starks swung the chair to hit Danielsen's leg and missed Danielson's leg by at least two feet, and somebody in the crowd said something about it, and Ricky Starks tore them a new asshole. I mean, yeah, you know that kind of thing. To me, it just seems to me like that's who Ricky Starks is. He's got, you know, in his mind, he has big balls when he doesn't, you know, And I think that that's the problem.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Look, regardless of what you think, the fact of the matter is is that, for all we know and all that's been reported, Ricky Starks has been healthy for all these months and not used by aw There's a reason for that.
Speaker 6: I want you all to have a good thought for me because I go to the Independence here in Seattle and Ricky Starks on Friday night became defied champion. So I'm going to be seeing a lot more of him, and have a good thought for that, because I don't want to see him.
Speaker 1: Well you know what it is, you know, Ricky, Ricky could be Ricky could be a big star. However, I feel that he's been a victim of circumstance. I do believe that when aw was trying to push him, there was suspensions, there were injuries. I even think Ricky Starks got suspended at one point. I don't remember if it was k Faber for real, but I do know there was suspension of all Ricky Starks at one point. But the other thing is is that he's he just and again this is just my opinion. He just seems to get in his own way. If Ricky Starks can get his head out of his ass and wrestle and do what he's told to do, you know, then you know, and act like he enjoys it. I guess that he'll be successful if he continues down the current path that he's on, which obviously is not working based on the amount of work he's had in the company that employed him. There's a reason for that. As I said, there's a reason. So everybody can't be wrong, everybody can't be right, so there's a reason. Let's just put it that way. It could be that just Tony Kan just didn't like the guy for whatever reason and said I'm not going to use him, you know, and there's no other reason other than Tony kanj just didn't like him. That's it. You never know, and we probably will never know, you know. And I will say this is that if Ricky Starks does go to WWE, he should keep his mouth shut about it because it seems to be like if he opens his mouth and says, this is the reason why I wasn't used, it was all their fault. I think that a lot of stories will come out about Rickey Starks, you know, from the locker room on up so Hey.
Speaker 4: But Kilson, however, if he does end up in w w E, and that's why I think that's the right spot for him, because WWE will give him that structure. It'll give him, you know, people that he that he needs to answer to, that being Sewn Michaels, Matt Boom, all the NXT heads. He's gonna have to answer to them. And I know Seawn Michaels will not take his bs.
Speaker 1: That's well and fine, But my point is when you have when you're working for a company that is known meaning a w for being more lenient, I guess it's the best way to put it or more open to having talent come up with their own ideas and present their own ideas, and you can't make it work there Ricky Starks at WWE.
Speaker 3: No, And I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, people are you know saying and I've seen it, you know, posted many times already. Ricky Starks a WWE he's going to be a big guy in WWE. I don't hold your breath on that. He just he's not. He doesn't have the talent to be a big guy in WWE. He may be a friend of Seeing Punk and he may be a friend of Cody Rhodes, but he's not and never will be on their level of what they are now and what they used to be because Ricky Starks just isn't that guy. And that's just my opinion and I stand by it. I have never been let me put it this way, I have rarely been impressed by anything that's Ricky Starks did in AAW I wish him the best, Defy is probably the best place for him, but I just i'd never got him. I don't understand why anybody would be a fan of him, I really don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, is there just how curious is there a possibility he would end up back in GCW.
Speaker 1: There's a possibility for anything. I mean, there's a possibility you can end up back at AAW. You never know, you know, it's just one of those things. I'm just saying that, as far as the locker room goes without without Ricky Starks in AW, I believe that the locker was a better place right now and has been since he's been basically not part of the shows.
Speaker 4: I mean, in a way, yes, they probably his really is probably dead aid to the locker room morale being more positive.
Speaker 5: But y'all will get the bigger picture.
Speaker 1: My thing is is that if if, just for an example, if Ricky Starks does go to WWE, I'm sure he'll get a big pop from the crowd. I'm sure he'll be put in a nice program more more than likely on NXT uh and he may even get some sort of title. I don't know, you know what the NXT titles picture is like right now. But I also believe that in a matter of time, maybe two three months, it's gonna fall apart because Ricky Starks. Max she said, you said it, and I agree with you that WWE has a much stricter structure and shat Michaels won't put up with that kind of thing. That's not good for Ricky Starks because that's what he does. So that's that. Well, Look, let's move on because I want to talk about Grand Slam Australia. We got five matches on the card and I want to get your thoughts on these matches. We're going to cover each match. Some of them will probably cover in depth, some of them will probably gloss over a little bit because maybe we're not as enthusiastic about them. But we'll see because we've not discussed about it. So let's start with John Moxley and I believe it's claudiocastic Noley going against Adam Copeland and Jay White in a Brisbane ball brawl. I'm sorry, not a ball but a brawl. Uh, what are you guys thinking about this match? What do you?
Speaker 8: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you? What are your thoughts? Just who's gonna win? I don't know? Is this a match that uh that's got your enthusiasm high?
Speaker 2: Two weeks ago I would have said that it's gonna be a squash match in the end, that the death Riders are going to come out and totally destroy them. But with the way things have changed in the last week or so, I'm not sure. I think it's going to be a good match, because the four guys involved will put on one a hell of a match. They will beat the living crap out of each other. But I don't know. I could actually see Cope and uh White winning.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, anybody else?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Cope and Adam White there. I I like it. Jay White, I just seem neat for this match. That's all struggling to find a reason why there has to be this match, Like there's no championship on the line, and Moxley's right there, he's the champ. So I don't know. I don't have high hopes for it.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm not excited about it. I really could care less about this one. I don't like the fact that they've paired Jay White up with anyone. I think Jay White is outstanding by himself. I'm tired of kind of seeing him always grouped in with somebody. He should be left to do his own thing, and I would much rather see a title defense by Moxley. But at this point, I'm starting to think that mox actually lost that championship belt. He is not carrying it around anywhere. I think he misplaced it somewhere. And the reason they haven't had any any matches for it is because he can't find the damn thing. So that's my two cents.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting theory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's missing. He lost it at the airport.
Speaker 1: Something happened to it, the briefcase or whatever that is just there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you know, he maybe he tells Tony Kahan he can't find the key, you know, like Tony's like, let me see the belt. Oh, I can't find the key. I misplaced the key and the belts, you know, like in baggage check somewhere. So it's my suspicion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anybody else with thoughts on this match?
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to piggyback on what that just said that I think that I think they might.
Speaker 5: Be getting a whole new belt completely. I think that Tony's.
Speaker 4: Gonna, you know, bring out a whole.
Speaker 5: New world Championship belt designed.
Speaker 4: That's why I think it is, and that whoever beats Mark so he is gonna get that new belt.
Speaker 1: Okay, Red, I think you you were chiming in.
Speaker 7: I want to see j White use a boomerang in this match. Exs.
Speaker 8: Yes, I agree with Max.
Speaker 7: I think the gimmick here is going to be the title was like either destroyed or thrown in the Ohio river, and we're gonna get a new belt. H Otherwise, opening that case will be a cathartic moment. I suppose that's because you like the babyface who wins, or you hate John Moxley.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I think gonna win.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there's gonna be more to this match than what is being presented. And again, nobody has brought this up, and I've mentioned this weeks in a row, and this is kind of like a very strange phenomenon because people have forgotten about it. But you've got John Moxley and Claudio Castignoli going against Adam Copeland and Jay White. This is gonna be a brutal match. This is gonna be a very physical match. People who have been mentioning that John Moxley hasn't bled in weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks, well, I think he's definitely gonna bleed in this match. I think that it's gonna really be Copeland and Moxley facing off against each other and beating the crap out of each other. But what I think and what I really am wondering if this is going to happen, is again we forgot about Christian Cage and the fact that he has that open contract, and if John Moxley gets the crap beaten out of him, win or lose, we may see Christian Cage come to the ring and try to cash in and then what happens there. I mean, Copeland's going to be there, his whole partner. There's all kinds of things can happen. That's one of the weaknesses right now of aw is that Christian Cage has been walking around with this contract for how many months now and nothing has been done with it to the point where has happened just now and what's happened again, This has happened several weeks in a row, and we've been talking about this. Nobody is even remembering Christian Cage and his involvement and you know, and his prospective involvement in this. So that's where I'm my interest in this match lies is not necessarily in the match. Because of the five matches, this to me is by far the weakest match with the least amount of uh well for me like interest having interest. But if Christian Cage does come out, then it could be a talking point. It could be must CTV.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I think the problem with everybody for getting Christian Cage is is because no one takes him as a legitimate contender. I mean, everybody knows he's gonna come out, and he's either gonna come out and waste the title match against Moxley or he's gonna have to he's gonna use it when somebody finally beats Moxley to try to steal their spotlight. I don't take him as a I mean literally, he's had this title shot for how long nine months, almost a year, and the only thing you get using it for is beating somebody over the head with the case. That's the only thing he's used it for. They don't use the the the uh the patriarchy very much. They're they're stuck in a loop with doing little minor stuff. So it's almost as if this part of the story has become nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, would it be funny if Christian Cage does come out with this contract and that that case that it's being held in is so beat up that he can't get it open, and therefore he can't get the shotless.
Speaker 6: He's going through so much as it is.
Speaker 4: And just do it so you open the case physically.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got the contract in there that's supposedly Yeah, you know, everybody knows.
Speaker 4: I would have figured Tony true, like the money in the bank, that you don't have the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would exactly what Brin said.
Speaker 1: That would be I'd just say that it would be funny if that was the case. You know that that he was supposed to be able to take out the contract and hand it to the referee, but he can't get the case open. I think that would be.
Speaker 2: That would be hilarious.
Speaker 4: Then you just get the rest the case like they do want to.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I'm talking about for humor sake. I'm not being serious.
Speaker 3: I'm just being.
Speaker 2: Would be hilarious. He throw a little tantrum. You have a Christian kan trim in the middle of the ring, we would have it.
Speaker 6: That would do Christian cage. And he's had a lot of moments.
Speaker 4: This would be its beats marks. And he tries to open the case that the title is supposedly in and there's nothing in there.
Speaker 5: He opens a covenant. He opens up and there's a bunch of dust.
Speaker 1: And it kills everybody Like Indy added Jones and uh waiters are lost time.
Speaker 6: This story once and a while.
Speaker 3: Everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like five months ago when when MAXI was doing that whole you know German thing that would have been a fun Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did D have something to say here?
Speaker 7: If Christian Cage beats it or Cash is in his contract at Grand Slam beats Moxley for the title and we get Adam Copeland versus Christian Cage, your revolution. JF was right, this is all elderly wrestling.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna be honest with you. Uh, I agree with you. You know I I said it in the past and I'll say it again. I like a W's the younger kids, you know, I call them kids, the people that are that are a W originals and the ones that had toiled in the in the Indies without getting a proper shot l I swear and AW has put them on TV and made them recognizable, I guess is the best way.
Speaker 3: Of putting it.
Speaker 1: That's what I watch AW for AW four. I don't watch AW to see Adam Copeland. Even this is nothing against Adam Copeland, and I do enjoy seeing Adam Copland and Christian Cage at John Moxley. I do enjoy watching them, but that's not why I watched the shows. I watched the shows for Darby Allen and Julia Hart, you know, and even for guys like Jay White, Max Caster, Anthony Bowens. Those are the people I want to see. You see what I'm saying there, And I agree with you the all elderly wrestling, like m J. Epp said, Yeah, there's a point where you just gotta say, you know, hey, Adam Copland came out a few months ago saying that he there for the rest of his time. He's retiring with AAW in a couple of years. We brought this up last last week. You know, hey, where do we see AAW five years from now? Well, the fact of the matter is is that Adam Copland is not going to be with AAW five years from now. FDR isn't going to be with AW five years from now. Chances are none of those guys are going to be wrestling, and there's others Jeff Jarrett probably won't be wrestling anymore, you've got to do a changing of the guard. And when you do the changing of guard, you've got to use those older wrestlers, those all elderly wrestlers to put over the young guys that are going to carry the company forward.
Speaker 6: You didn't mention that Chris Jericho probably won't be there in five years. Do you think he's going to hold on until his last breath.
Speaker 1: I think Chris Jericho will be out there whacking people with a walker.
Speaker 2: He'll be the twenty time rest champion.
Speaker 1: Let me put it this way, I will die before Chris Jericho will stop wrestling.
Speaker 4: I think Chris Virago will die and be reincordinated and his ghost will wrestle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, darbiolog is gonna do a coffin match and Christ Jericho is going to be in it. You know that's But anyway, let's move on because we've got four more matches to go, and I don't really know the order to go with, but so I'm going to save the three of the five matches are actually title matches, So I'm going to go with the non title match. And look, I mean, this is an interesting match. He got Will Osprey and Kenny Omega against Kenoski Takeshta, that gorgeous human being and Kyle Fletcher, the hometown boy. This match could be fun. I expect it to be probably arguably maybe the match of the night match your contender, definitely a tag team match at your contender. I see a lot of big things happening for this match. What do you think about this match and any predictions?
Speaker 2: This is a tough one because, I mean, if you have to catch it in company win, I can see that happening that way. Extends a little bit. The rivalry with don kallis family for those guys. But it's just gonna depend on where they want to go after this. I mean, they could keep them as a team, they could have this be the only time these two team up in Ostprey and Omega. I mean, it definitely has connotations to being the greatest match in the night for damn sure. But it's definitely going to be a fast paced, high action match.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, these guys all impress me. Even though Kenny Omega is kind of like on the all elderly side, he's got that aura still, I mean he's not one of those we're watching Kenny Omega because out of respect for what he's done in the past. Can't We're watching Kenny Omega because of what he can do right now. Yeah, you know, I don't think anybody would say even though Kenny Mega is definitely a veteran, you know, I don't think they consider him on the elderly side, and because of his diverticulitis and his struggles with that. I mean, he's definitely a sentimental favorite, even for non fans.
Speaker 2: You know who takes the pin? Yeah, you've got You've got four the you got four, the best in the in aw going up in this match. And I can see a bad thing for any of them taking the pin. And I can see the benefits of of I can see the benefits of Osprey beating Uh. Yeah, I can see Osprey taking getting the pin over.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I can't Kyle Well his picture.
Speaker 1: Fletcher, the picture, the picture is right there.
Speaker 2: I was seeing it, I was saying it. I just couldn't think of a name, wouldn't come.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 2: I can see this breaking down into to ketch the versus Omega and Fletcher versus Osprey and a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's definitely going to be one of those matches that you just sit back and go.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, well this is a good time to break in.
Speaker 1: And you know, you know, for all the kids listening to this and listening to Sutton Follovers, Tom Cesana sat on Wednesday night just to you know, just to say, crack as whack, don't do it kids.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's just getting old, that's all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's part of the all elderly wrestling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to be mean well. And I am.
Speaker 2: Communire with the Jeff Jarretts and the and the and the and those guys. I don't know if I want to be in that group.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is that Sun and I are at the age where we could look at guys like John Moxley and Adam Copeland and and even like Dustin Rhoades and stuff, you know, and not all not for each of them, but for most of them, we can say, oh those kids, yeah boys, yeah, those I remember when I saw them growing, you know, when I I saw them, you know, when they were sixteen years old wrestling gonna in a barnyard or something. Yeah. But anyway, yeah, this this match is this match is It's weird with this match because It doesn't really matter who wins and who takes the pin. What matters in this match is that the expectations for it to be just a really entertaining match. Would you guys agree with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would agree, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, well let's move on because we now have the three title matches, and let's start with Mercedes Monet versus Harley Cameron for the TBS Championship. We're in Australia. Harley Cameron's from austral Australia. She's getting a huge push right now. Do you see any chance that Harley Cameron beats Mercedes Money in this match? Anybody?
Speaker 6: Oh? I think she could pull out a surprise win just for the heck of it, But realistically I don't see her beating Mercedes.
Speaker 3: Well, now let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: If, by chance, Harley Cameron does win this match, would you kind of think that Mercedes Monet would exercise her rematch clause for March ninth, the Revolution to win it back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because Mercedes has a lot of belts, she's got a lot going on. You know, she might be angry, but I don't know if she'd be bothered that much. Maybe she'd be too humiliated to try to wrestle her again, you know, like the high fame thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah so I don't know, Okay, but Harley Cameron is over. She's pretty almost over person in aw right now. If they don't strike with Iron is Hot, this is not gonna happen again.
Speaker 5: And everyone's already tired of Mercedes.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say everyone are already tired of Mercedes. You may be tired of Mercedes, but not everyone is tired of Mercedes.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do what they've always done in this situation, and Harley's gonna get squashed. Her momentum is going to be crushed because they're not taking the belt off Mercedes yet. It's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Do whatever you think that there may be something that happens in this match where Harley Cameron is, for lack of better terms, screwed out of the win here, and that a rematch is set on behalf of Harley Cameron for Revolution.
Speaker 7: I think this is going to be competitive. I mean, this is her hometown crowd. This is as close as she's going to get to where she grew up at. I think this is going to be competitive. I think it's probably gonna end airly. I don't think there's gonna be any chicanery. I mean, Harley Cameron, like they've pointed out, has never won a television match until last two Saturdays ago.
Speaker 3: I mean one a match period.
Speaker 7: Okay, never won a mats period. So I mean this is a big you know, just the fact that she's on the card against Mercedes Money is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well don't for you also, you know, just for for reference, you know, during the Jericho Cruz, Harley Cameron did win did wrestle in two matches during the Jericho Cruz and won both matches. So she went from win list to three wins in a row. Now, so there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Mercedes Monet and Harley Cameron, this is an interesting match matchup because for her, So I think this is gonna be the shortest match of the night.
Speaker 3: I really do. Uh But but.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of story that could happen here. I really do think that this is one of the matches where their story that's gonna happen here. And after we talk about all three of the title matches, I do have something that I want to point out that may give away the winners of these matches. But let's move on to Buddy Matthews versus Kazuchika Okata. Yes, I know it's Kazushka, but I call him Kazuchika because I just like saying it.
Speaker 3: What do we think about this match?
Speaker 8: Buddy Matthew's gonna win in his home country. It's gonna be a good match though, Like it's the Rainmaker. He's amazing too, so it's gonna be a begger.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be really good. But he is a talented guy. He's a talented room worker.
Speaker 4: Octa is one of the best in New Japan history. Yeah, this match is going to be absolute fire. I will actually watch this match.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you guys a question.
Speaker 1: We have not seen Jack Perry, nor Matthew and Nicholas Jackson in quite a while. Do you think we may see them as part of this match? And by on all accounts, we can also see Brody King and Julie Hart the other members of the Hounds of l in this match as well. Do you think that may happen or do you think that this is going to be a straight up great match between Matthews, and Okada.
Speaker 4: Gilson, I want to kind of talk about that. I do think the Young Bucks and Jack Perry will show up, just not for that match. I think they'll they'll run in during uh Osprey and Omega versus.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm forgetting that.
Speaker 4: Last Callas. Guys, they're gonna interrupt that match, Omega and Os. We're gonna win that match. The Young Bucks are gonna come out with Perry beat them up, and we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Build, and we're gonna start that build.
Speaker 6: Do you give me my man's.
Speaker 5: Real quick?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Uh, they're out.
Speaker 1: Mute. Okay, Retch try it again, because that keeps talking over you every single time he starts.
Speaker 7: Just debuted and an oh daddy, yeah five minutes ago maybe.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh yeah it's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, my adolences to all WWE fans. Just just put it that way because you got crap on your hands.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So who do you guys think win's this match? Between Buddy Matthews and because each Cocott, I know we've already had one person to say Matthews.
Speaker 2: I hope Matthews wins it. I'm not sure though, Uh, it would be a good way to get those guys off to a running start, you know, the hounds of Hell or getting somewhat of a push, and they're being used a lot more. So hopefully Ocado will lose, but who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, anybody else with the thoughts on this match.
Speaker 7: I think Octa is gonna I think it's gonna be a good match. I guess's gonna be very close. But I think Okada's is uh, his opponent he will lose that title to is probably Kenny Omego.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now here's my thoughts.
Speaker 1: And I told I said earlier that I had something that I wanted to like reveal as something that may be telling about this. A few days ago we saw a first I believe it was the first promotional video for Revolution. I could be wrong. It's for one of the pay per views, all right.
Speaker 3: In that.
Speaker 1: Video was Tony Storm, was Mercedes Monet at Buddy Matthews, No Kazuchka Okada. So that being said, I kind of think that it's going to be Mercedes Monet winning against Harley Cameron. I do think that it's gonna be Tony Storm winning against MARII may and I think it's gonna be Buddy Matthews winning against Kazuska Akada. I really do believe that. So let's talk about Tony Storm and Mariah May, because this match is, well, it's Tony Storm and Mariah May.
Speaker 3: And I think that.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be surprise me in the slightest that this was the main event of the show. It really wouldn't surprise me. I think it should be. I think it should be. With the work that these two ladies have done, I think that they deserve to be an event spot on the Grand Slam Show, especially Tony Storm. You know she's at home, So what do you guys think? Who do you think is going to come out as the winner in this match?
Speaker 2: Tony Storm. I mean they did the review you to show that she's been acting this whole time, which I think they should have waited until this match would have made it so much better. But I just don't see Mariah keeping the title.
Speaker 8: And it's Tony Storm's home country too, so.
Speaker 1: Right, But you know, by the same token, you've got March ninth, or not very long from now, revolution. If Mariah May uses some sort of sheackaderie to win this match and basically embarrassed Tony Storm, in her home country. That can still make for a good match for Revolution, because my concern is with if Tony Storm wins this match or Mariah May wins this match, who's next for Revolution?
Speaker 2: Either way? Either way, when win or lose, they're gonna have a rematch of Revolution. Isn't this going to be like this will be their second match overall? Yeah, okay, so you've got two down, You've got the rubber match to go. It'll be a Revolution regardless of if Tony wins the title or not. I still think that she's gonna win it, and then they'll have a rematch at Revolution and Tony will continue to hold the title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I mentioned that that uh that video, the close up video, close up interview that Tony Storm did with uh Rene Aprakat, And in that video she mentioned some wrestlers that she wanted to go against. And the women that she mentioned.
Speaker 3: Were the.
Speaker 1: Women that you probably wouldn't think that she would mention. You would think that you would mention Dondor Rosa or somebody like that. But she wanted to go against somebody that she's never faced before. I believe she mentioned Jamie Hayter. She mentioned Megan Bain and she mentioned Julia Hart, So yeah, I mean I think that if Tony Storm wins this match, I kind of doubt that we're going to see Oh and she mentioned Mercedes Monet as well. I kind of doubt that we can see a rematch at a Revolution.
Speaker 3: Well about that.
Speaker 2: The only thing that sucks about that is is new build time, because after Saturday, you've only got three weeks, not even I don't think it's three full weeks before that pay per view, So if he immediately goes into another program somebody, it won't have the same amount of time to build.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing is is that if she wins this match, a Grand Slam, meaning Tony's Storm aw is not the company that takes belts away at the first pay per view, So you can't have a super Marque marquee match. You know, if she goes against Mecan Bain, Julia Hart, Jamie Hayter, whatnot, there is no chance that Tony Storm's gonna lose that belt that fast.
Speaker 2: And you can say the same thing if she gets the rematch, I mean, if she beats Mariah on Saturday, even if they do a rematch at Revolution Kansas are She's not losing to her, so you kind of give away.
Speaker 1: The whole you know. It's just one of those things.
Speaker 2: You can't win no matter what they do. The only way they can win is to have her is have Mariah cheat somehow, But I think that would taint the story they've been building. I mean, I can get it if she doesn't. I can see it happening, I guess, but I don't know. It's it's gonna be a tough one of those tough matches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the biggest thing really for me is with this match is I think the best outcome for this match, the best outcome as far as storyline, would be from Mario Bay to somehow win this match, whether it's cleaner by cheating, and for Tony Storm to win at Revolution because, as you said something with if Tony Storm wins this match a Grand Slam, then you have a short turnaround time for.
Speaker 3: Revolution.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, Marian May's only defended the belt at two of the four pay per views she's been the champion for. It's not like it's uncommon for the women's champion to not be on the card.
Speaker 2: This is true and I was just thinking the same thing about a cutter because you'd mentioned it. They had h they showed those three people in that video, But did he have the title when they didn't show Okada? Did was my brain's just dying Matthews? Did he have the title in the video?
Speaker 3: Or was he just shown because it was because he doesn't have the title? He never had the title.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't superpose a title on him.
Speaker 2: No, But I'm just thinking the same thing that Red saying. You know, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's gonna beat O Kata to be on that pay per view.
Speaker 1: No, I understand that, but I just thought it was kind of telling that they did not show Alkata in the Revolution or whatever it was. It could have been Dynasty, I don't know, uh promo video and they showed Buddy Matthews and they didn't show Okada, That's all I'm saying. Whereas they showed Mercedes Bonet and they showed Tony Storm, but they did not show Mariam. If I'm not mistaken, they may have shown Miriam, but I'm not one sure. So, yeah, what's the next pay per view? After Revolution? March April?
Speaker 7: In April and then double nothing in.
Speaker 1: Many, Okay, because I do believe that we're destined and I've said this before, I do believe it forbidden door. Uh, we're going to see Tony Storm and Mayu Mayu iwatani Ah do battle. I think that's the plan. Uh as far as revolution goes, Yes, just because you're the AW Women's Champion does not mean that you're gonna be on the card. But it would be insanely stupid for AW not to include arguably their most popular wrestler, definitely the most popular women's wrestler. Areg'aly the most popular wrestler in AW and not put it on a paper? Put that person on a pay per view?
Speaker 7: So can we say the same thing about Brian May. She's, like I said, she's missed two pay per views. It's just done a disservice. They've really failed her as a champion.
Speaker 3: And I think I agree.
Speaker 1: Uh, And hey, you know, hey, if Tony Storm goes against that revolution, if Tony Storm goes against somebody other than Mariah May, that's fine. Maria May going against Mercedes Monette. I'd be there for that. So why not, you know, let's let's do it. Of course you can have you can have a three way at Revolution, you know, it's a w you can have a you know, a seventy two woman's I don't match. You know, it's AW does some weird stuff.
Speaker 3: So that's.
Speaker 5: I I.
Speaker 1: What is your I'm interested to hear what your hype level is for Grand Slam? Is this?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's it's basically a collision. It's gonna be on tape delay, so you're gonna have to avoid spoilers for Saturday night. It's not gonna start until approximately ten thirty Eastern Time, based on the graphic that was shown during collision last week. So it's gonna be a weird show because it's it's it's a collision. It's gonna be tape delayed, and it's gonna be at a really really weird start time as well. So does that kind of dampen your excitement for it? Or are you just Hey, let's let's watch the show and and enjoy them matches and avoid spoilers as much as you can.
Speaker 2: I think it could be one of the biggest non pay per view shows Aw's put on in a while. It has the potential.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's definitely got the good matches on it. I mean, hey, these matches are pretty dark good those are these are these matches even though there's only five of them, these are pay per view quality matches.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they could have made this a pay per view without it, without a doubt. I'm high for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, was it?
Speaker 2: Was it taped yesterday?
Speaker 1: Thought?
Speaker 2: Somebody told me that somewhere that they were keeping it last on Sunday, which would have been yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, they're they're doing the show on Australian time on Saturday. Uh taped, Yet they did tape Dynamite tonight to give people a chance to get over to Australia.
Speaker 8: You know that.
Speaker 2: Too many people posting about it wednesdaynamite this week? He is it Tuesday night or Wednesday night? They gotta stop doing that when they're talking about it. I don't know. My son who just my other son who lives not far from me. He has never really been an AW fan, but he now got Max. So he started watching it and he's like, is it Tuesday night this week or Wednesday? Says Wednesday. I said, don't listen to what they said on The announcers were saying, because they're they're being ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to go on to the TV tonight and and see if they were showing it on Tuesday because eight, you're right, aw needs to stop doing this. They need to, you know, say what they did, because I wasn't. I think it was Adam Copland that said on Tuesday night, I'm going to kick your ass or something like that. I don't like Tuesday night. What is he talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They they are really bad. I mean I can remember back in the day when a w CW or WW were taking things. They never did that, and these guys really are bad at it, and they should say just stop talking about when they're taking it.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 1: They did it the week before too, so uh or one of the weeks before, you know, they did it recently, let's put it that way. So yeah, So anyway, that's the show that is Ignition for tonight. I appreciate everybody, uh coming in Steve red Sutton and net to discuss well, to discuss Balachie Black, Ricky Starts. You just debuted at edxt Miro and the Grand Slam, so we will see you again tomorrow night. Read right after Dynamite for all we talk our Dynamite review show so forty, a w fan podcast team, This is Kelson, good Night, everybody not YO, good Night,