Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carnaco and JP Sorrow. We've got an exciting Christmas program lined up for these folks.
Speaker 2: We've been for a little boys that year.
Speaker 3: I don't know, right, Tony. We ever, it's an artificial tree, so I did artificial job at trimming times is only exceeded by the inability.
Speaker 1: To adjust hollow the third rangling Deer.
Speaker 3: The Lapsed Fan got a price for the Maion dollar Man even set the claus.
Speaker 1: And so no say it's not so.
Speaker 3: Start off.
Speaker 1: And welcome back. It's the twenty twenty four to left Christmas Show. And of course we're gathered around the hearth crackling fire, Mama Sorrow in the house. Yes, Boss Man here as well. So many more packages to get through and already such an eventful I mean unwrapping exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean two down, eighteen thousand ago.
Speaker 1: Boss you do the honors?
Speaker 3: Sure? Uh all right?
Speaker 1: Is this that's one of the main event packages I believe, which we want to try to open all at once.
Speaker 3: If we can on this is uh oh no, that's a main event as well.
Speaker 1: How about this Puka post I'm seeing here? It looks like yeah, I see a picture of the union Jack. I don't know what puka posta fin finish finished?
Speaker 3: This is uh? I know who this is from? From Mark? From whereabouts? Uh in uh? Let's see here South Long Walk, London.
Speaker 1: Oh, excellent, from London.
Speaker 3: From London. There's a there is a there is a letter here. Ah oh this a Oh my god, it's amissive and a half. It's a three pager. Got to do it, Okay, dear co chairs season greetings from across the pond. I hope you too, gents are well. As a thank you for your amazing podcast and all your hard work and effort, I thought i'd send you some British foods and treats. Included as a ten of the best baked beans you can get, so you can have Billy Robinson's favorite beans on bread and bread not included jevery beans on toast, Mom like baked beans? Baked beans?
Speaker 1: No, it's a British delicacy.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like caviar. Yeah, on toast toast. Well, they're London baked beans, you know. I myself am from a small village near Robinson's Nativegan, which is famous for the much fabled Wigan kebab, basically a meat pie sandwich. I love I would need a Wigan cabob. That sounds great now. I didn't think a meat pie would survive the cross atlantic journey, so as a substitute, I've included a steak and kidney pudding, which you could easily make with a make a wheat Wigan kebab with. Also included are two classic British condiments, brown sauce and salad cream.
Speaker 1: I've heard about brown sauce.
Speaker 3: What is brown sauce? I've no idea what that?
Speaker 1: I forget there's a longer word for it, but it's it's It's in a lot of British cuisine.
Speaker 3: Brown sauce usually comes out of your button, don't it, brother, as well as probably the best cho chocolate you can get in the UK and some traditional British suites. Under the food as an envelope with another gift, please open that now?
Speaker 1: And is there a continuation to the letter after you open this? Is that the idea? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Salad cream? I mean, I don't know what the funk this is? Well, not when you you know, when you get it at the grocery store. It's like this, you if you open it so salad cream, it's original, deliciously zingy.
Speaker 1: I think he's sending us things that are on the grocery store shelves in England, but not here.
Speaker 3: Here we go baked beans, is there? Bramston Bramston baked beans. Yeah, need some help there, boss, Maybe what we got here looks like tuna. No, it's oh, this is the meat the Frey Bento's meaty PUDs and kidney puddings PUDs. That sounds so meaty PUDs. Well, let's get to the envelope here.
Speaker 1: Before, didn't he say opened the thing first?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what he's This is open though. I think someone went through this. I mean it was damaged when it opened up, I will say, and I picked it up, they'll freak him out. I know.
Speaker 1: That mic on your shirt there?
Speaker 3: Boss? H get the mic on your shirt? Oh I'm sorry. I'm just trying to see this.
Speaker 1: See the envelope, just mind the gap if you will.
Speaker 3: What were the instructions again, he said? Under the food is an envelope with another gift piece over the now. But this, this envelope has definitely been opened, which, yeah, maybe it's sad. Listen there.
Speaker 1: Sauce.
Speaker 3: I don't know something was oh here, I guess this is this is gonna be it a BT Sport freelance one two Okay, let's see what we got here. So yes, it's an old work pass for the old BT Sports studios in London. I'm a freelance camera operator getting worked there until it's closure in twenty twenty three. Wow. I was a huge fan of the hilarious emails you'd read out with all the comments about the sport of kings on the BT Sport Facebook page. Let me just say, wow, those comments are exactly the same from people who worked there. Is that right as you walked into the studio building, there was TV screens showing what was on the various BT Sports channels, and if w was on at any point, people walking past would be laughing, aha or shaking their heads in disgust. So they're watching they put wrestling on there, and they're embarrassed, appalled, appalled.
Speaker 1: So BT Sport is a British sports television station that also airs wrestling, and of course the Brits don't take too kindly to phony wrestling being put on a real sports channel. So what we've often joked about that, and this gentleman sent us used to work at the station this was then he can confirm that, in fact, in the offices they would laugh at wrestling, just like we suspect.
Speaker 3: I've heard I've heard comments. This is a quote here, all right. I've heard comments from work colleagues such as, why are we showing that fucking shite? I can't believe we have this bollocks on our channel, and this is such nonsense.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I worked mostly on BT Sports Premier League football, and when a big w W pay per view such as The Mains was approaching, the football presenters would be forced to promote them on air and with contempt and sarcasm. When we'd be off the off the air, the presenter would describe it as fake rubbish while saying the famous phrase why is this on a sports channel? Also calling it absolute twaddle? Thanks again, boys for the ten years of shame and pain. It's been a rough old year for me with a newborn daughter who has been in hospital, oh god, a lot, and has been has an upcoming surgery, but having you lads in my ears has kept me going at times. Here's the next ten years of TLF all the best.
Speaker 1: Mark here here Mark, so we're here.
Speaker 3: Wow, what have we got here? We get Tony's chocoloney chocaloney brother, what it sounds like a wrestling This sounds like a Carni way of saying chocolate sea salt. Uh yeah uh one two chocoaloney exactly, sea salt, milk, milk caramel. I. Guess is the kind out here is? Here's the diarrhea sauce A what do they call it? Well, this is HP sauce, brown sauce, broom sauce. We got pear drops, pear drops, let me see those?
Speaker 1: Oh there like laws anges almost.
Speaker 3: And yeah sure? And then jelly babies.
Speaker 1: Jellybabes as he does too, inspired by a traditional sweet shop recipe, soft and fruity Tesco jelly babies, the pair drops say do you remember being a kid in a sweet shop? For over one and twenty five years at Bonds, we have developed our sweet shop favorite longe to recapture those memories and inspire new ones. Would you like to try one?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Mama Sara about to try an authentic British pear drop from Bonds of London since eighteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Is that related to Lloyds of London? Is that related to Lloyds.
Speaker 1: Hars? Okay, suck on them?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, let's see boss. Yeah they are hard, that's how we like it. And rough, kind of pleasant, kind of light uh light flavor.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 1: I rather like them, thanks very much. What do you think? Okay, we're kind of gonna have to record us for five minutes second on these now. Maybe afould go get a uh a paper.
Speaker 3: Towel, uh huh oh yeah. The chocolate, sure, we got here. I thought I'm opening a Wonka bar here while you're here. And Tony's Tony chocoaloney.
Speaker 1: Mm almost, I was gonna try the chocolate as well. Yes, please feel free to switch out. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Pretty? Your him? Gross? It gross? You're yeah, there is a weird crunch to it. Let's see here. Why is our bar unequally divided? To us? It doesn't make sense for chocolate bars. We divide it into chunks of equal size. When there is so much inequality in the chocolate industry. Wow, so they celebrate, they celebrate inequality.
Speaker 1: Is that the word?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They said, When there's so much inequality in the chocolate industry. Evenly sized chunks of our one eighty grand bars are a nice way of reminding our choco fans that the profits in the chocolate industry are unfairly divided.
Speaker 1: Are you serious right now, Bernie Sanders Chocolate? They purposely make each piece of different size to talk about. Yeah, what do you think is? It's pretty good, isn't it? It is? I like the a pair drop. Yeah, that's that's that's different. It is it is loss is going to get a zip of some water and we're going to see you next time, and just h all the things over to jolly old England Mark. Great, great package of different things we otherwise would never try. Especially it's great to get to know listeners in that way.
Speaker 3: Always.
Speaker 1: We'll see next time. I'm on the next installment of The Unwrappening twenty twenty four, Where is the Stating Presiding.
Speaker 3: Is a production of the LAPS Entertainment Group. Its content is intended for private use only.
Speaker 1: True sorry, wor