Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go hit it.
Speaker 2: Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Heee all right, d oh I love.
Speaker 2: That Thursday guy, Good morning, everybody, wakey, wakey, hands off.
Speaker 1: Cupcake, Rott Ryan show check it.
Speaker 2: In its throwback Thursday Garbage, Social d hum My request and there thank you Wisconsin Matthew.
Speaker 1: We'll have you vote all morning long on your throwback.
Speaker 2: Thursday songs double O seven Sean Connery, huge mourning for him?
Speaker 1: Does he push it through? Does he get into the brackets? Does he.
Speaker 2: Does he maintain the brackets? Does he keep the integrity? Does he keep it at sixteen?
Speaker 1: Does he win today? Can you beat him?
Speaker 2: We have to open it up. We have to open it up to everybody that wants to play. Fresh out of bed Head to Head should be a big one today at six twenty. Jerry Cantrell tickets on your fun Fact flashback read my lips gotta do it at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: That means you guys gotta be on it in homeroom.
Speaker 2: Send me your word suggestions. We're playing early at seven twenty because the fall guitarist rolls on the wheel, rolls on some forty one went out. Scott Stapp autographed guitar went on the wheel. We'll we'll spin the wheel at eight twenty. We got a million things we gotta do today. Sunny skies again highs them around seventy Another real fall looking day and feeling day.
Speaker 1: Good morning Tesla Would Houston's headline.
Speaker 3: Says, morning Rod and good morning a home room. So Trump's nominee for attorney general has been facing accusations of sexual misconduct, including allegedly having you know, getting it on with a seventeen year old girl. Lawmakers on both sides of the aisles were calling for this report to be released, but yesterday it was decided that that report would not be released. An ethics report on those sexual allegations against former Congressman.
Speaker 4: Matt Gates would not be released.
Speaker 3: Remember, Republicans control the House now, and House Republicans decided that that.
Speaker 4: Would not be released.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, President elect Trump is cheering the life sentence of a Venezuelan migrant who was convicted of killing a Georgia nursing student. We haven't really talked a lot about this story, but she went for a run one morning and her family says she went missing. Well, all the evidence points at this Venezuela and Josei Ibada right.
Speaker 4: That trial finally came to an end yesterday. It was guilty.
Speaker 3: It was a guilty verdict on ten counts against him in Lake and Riley's debt. So Trump posted on truth social saying justice for Laken in all caps.
Speaker 4: Before the trial begin.
Speaker 3: Prosecutors didn't seek the death penalty, but he will spend the rest of his life in jail in Georgia, life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 4: Fireball is selling.
Speaker 3: A special Christmas stocking that comes pre loaded with a full bottle of cinnamon whiskey. There is a spout at the bottom of the stocking that you.
Speaker 4: Can just pour from. No one tell how this. He always gets us like.
Speaker 3: Boxes and boxes of Fireball for Christmas.
Speaker 4: I think if you need to.
Speaker 3: Get through this Christmas with this Fireball, we won't judge you, but your family, you know, they might get a little crazy. It's going to be as select stores for the Holidays for around twenty five bucks. Remember Barbenheimer, it was like the Amenheimer movie and the Big Barbie movie.
Speaker 4: Well, this weekend we will have Glicked.
Speaker 3: Wicked is expected to make around one hundred and ten.
Speaker 4: Million in its opening weekend, while.
Speaker 3: Gladiator two is rejected to earn sixty five million. Okay, so Barbie open with one hundred and sixty two million back in the day. So Oppenheim remain eighty two. So we'll see if this can even come close to that. We don't know when the official opening of Jelly Rolls new bar in Nashville will be, but sources say it it's coming soon. It's called Goodnight Nashville, and it's gonna be five stories tall on Broadway, which means it's going to be a mad house. They did just release the logo which says good Night Nashville. Burgers spirits tattoos, So maybe you know, after you get a beer, you go get some fresh ink, you get a burger.
Speaker 1: Those are always those.
Speaker 2: Since not a good idea to put a tattoo shop in a bar, It's terrible.
Speaker 1: What could go wrong? Your butt? Things on your body?
Speaker 5: Well, if you're smart, you would also have a tattoo removal place in the bar as well, and you can come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're thinking next time.
Speaker 2: What can go wrong? Things that are currently on your body? For one hundred alex, That all right?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 4: Well, the Rockets got another win last night. They beat the Pages one thirty to one.
Speaker 1: Thirteen.
Speaker 5: Alpharein Shangoon had thirty one points of the night's lead all players in scoring. They looked really cool in their new thrillback jerseys. Rockets are now eleven and five on the season. They're gonna have a day off today before they put the Trailblazers tomorrow night at home. On Thursday Night Football, Miles Garrett and the Cleveland Browns host or TJ. Watt and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Steelers are three and a half point favorites coming into this one. Kick off will be at seven fifteen and you can watch that on Prime Video.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Let's go all right, who wants the first phone call?
Speaker 2: Come get it? Seven one, three, two two five. The most interactive show on the radio. Guys, we're ready to do this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a.
Speaker 2: Great way to start things off. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, ninety four to five Buzz Audio.
Speaker 1: Slave like a Stone. We are underway Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask you to go and vote on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot Com. I'm gonna send you over to that website for a lot of things today. Linksin guests is where you're gonna want to go. You got a new podcast up tonight, brand new.
Speaker 1: Podcast, brand new, brand new, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, even as congested as I am.
Speaker 1: Fresh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's very fit.
Speaker 5: The most dangerous podcast ever recorded because there could have been a fire.
Speaker 1: In the building when we were recording.
Speaker 2: What Fresh. It makes me want to check that out. Yeah, why double O seven. Sean Connery's going for win number five, fresh out of bed Head to head challenge back to Alex he wins today. You got sixty, you got your wish, sixteen people in the tournament, nice and easy brackets.
Speaker 1: Huh, it's the dream.
Speaker 5: And then I feel like I'd be biased and I would just kind of hope he wins the whole thing if he does get in that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that we had favorites like that if.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's one hundred percent, but I'd like him.
Speaker 1: To get it.
Speaker 2: I brought us some fun facts for you guys today, we'll do the fun fact flashback for Jerry Cantrell tickets, Read.
Speaker 1: My lips, Thank you. A lot of the you know the old favorites.
Speaker 2: And you know I've got my favorites because they bail me out every week and they send me their words. What about you, somebody that's never sent in any words before?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: Email your buddy Rod, Okay Rod at the Buzzdock. Send me some words. Let's get some new people. Let's get some fresh meat in here. Email me a couple of word suggestions. We're gonna play early today only if they're good, right, and then I have to read them good. I know Alex has taken on Chili. Lock up the China mob. The boys are at it again. It's Alex Chili at eight seven twenty, My goodness, seven to twenty.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's why I need you to really bail me out.
Speaker 4: Home Room eight twenty, Mountain Time, Alter.
Speaker 2: Ego, whoever you choose, they're going to get you in the drawing tomorrow for that trip out to California to our alter Ego show. Yeah, Ali, the Fall Guitarvest. The wheel will spin at eight twenty this morning. That two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to Living Spaces is at nine ten Google doll tickets before they go on sale tomorrow. Right, we have tickets for you on know the show Looking outside Sunny's guys today, no rain hies up around seventy Every phone line that's ringing this morning, Who boom, It's now.
Speaker 6: Time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's say hi to Cherry. Going to Cherry.
Speaker 7: Good morning brother, home room?
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 8: I am wonderful.
Speaker 7: How are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: This morning?
Speaker 9: So great?
Speaker 1: We're gonna be busy.
Speaker 2: That means it's gonna go by quick. We're gonna have some laughs today. We're gonna try to keep it light, tight and bright as we do every morning.
Speaker 1: Cherry, what about you? What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 8: I am heading on my way to work at the Houston VA Okay?
Speaker 1: How long you been there?
Speaker 7: About three years now?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And you are already on the road.
Speaker 1: Where are you coming from? Where do you live?
Speaker 7: Cleveland?
Speaker 1: Holy Cramp? How long is your drive every morning?
Speaker 8: It's about an hour forty minutes, two.
Speaker 7: Hours to get home. But it's worth it to help the veterans.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's some good listening time you get too, are you? Yeah? I like that listen. I don't complain. I mean it's up me driving.
Speaker 2: I love the fact I want you guys to have the longest drive possible, to be honest with you, because that means you spend more time with us. But you're born and raised in Cleveland, so that's why you live out there.
Speaker 1: Or did you move up home?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I'm I'm a veteran myself and my husband is in. Our last duty station was Fort sam Houston, and we.
Speaker 7: Just moved out this way to live out in the country.
Speaker 2: What branch of the military were you in army? And where did you go? Where was the furthest place you went?
Speaker 7: Korea? First city station?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long?
Speaker 7: It was just a year, but it was it was good.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's awesome. Did you meet your husband while you guys were both enlisted?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, both both out of Fort Riley, Kansas.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: Who asked who out question? I asked him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love say hockey style.
Speaker 4: Hockeys.
Speaker 1: You pick him up, put them over.
Speaker 7: He suck with me.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Cherry listen, thank you keep doing a great job and be safe out there on the rose.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your service you and your husband.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, awesome way to get things started today. Let me take a short break, let me come back, got a rec check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what is trending this morning.
Speaker 2: Then we get set up for the Fresh out of bed Heads Ahead, Big Game Today, Buzz Rock and Al Tearing, and soon the Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Welcome Back, Rod Ryan Show, Throwback Thursday, Fix the Grand Thursday. It's the day we play Read my Lips. You guys have been killing it. Thank you very much. I'm ready to go. We can play right now. We're not, but we could keep sending me your word suggestions. We're gonna play Read my Lips at seven to twenty this morning, The Fall Guitarist at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: Coming up at six twenty, which it's six twenty three.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get ready for the Fresh out of bed Heads Ahead, Huge game today. Sunny sky's no rain, highs of around seventy.
Speaker 1: What's trending over there?
Speaker 3: Did you see that that Bill's fan with the overalls, the American flag overalls that made a bet with Nate Burlson. Got that jacket that Nate Birlson said of that jacket with a note that said that the jacket is magical and his team is gonna win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, yeah, it was. It was I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Like JJ Watt and Nate Burleson, they all went through tables. Jj Watt shot gun to beer. He's a Millerite spokesperson, so obviously he drank that. I mean, they were really embracing themselves with the Bill's Mafia.
Speaker 1: They did a great job on that broadcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this guy got his jacket, puts it on, looks great.
Speaker 4: It is very stylish clothes.
Speaker 1: Does he look great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's I mean, it's a little Chris Parley, that guy a little cook.
Speaker 10: Shirt.
Speaker 4: Also last night was the CMA Awards.
Speaker 3: George Street was in attendance to receive the Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award, so that it was pretty cool. But the biggest search person from the awards is Chris Stapleton. That song that Rod tried to get us to play, that White Horse song that you came. You're like, this is a rocker, this is a great song. It was on my workout playlist like on repeat for so long. That was like the song of the year. Yeah he won quite a few awards for that banger, and yeah you had all the.
Speaker 4: Stars on the red carpet stuff like that. So those are the things that are trending on ninety four five of the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, he's got his own music.
Speaker 11: This guy, Good morning everybody. Double oh seven Sean Connery. Now you're fresh out of bed. Head to head four day champion, and my goodness, the one they called him really gave me a run for my money. But a great tune up game before Thursday. So watch out because I'm coming in hot. I will make it win number five and I will get into that tournament a champion pitches.
Speaker 2: Belinda asked, what is the story behind calling him double O seven?
Speaker 4: Well, let's start with his name.
Speaker 1: His name.
Speaker 2: His name is Sean Connery, Like that's that's his real name. Sean Connery is the player's name. So I don't know that's how we.
Speaker 1: Will start with that. Let's start that.
Speaker 3: Just good instead of Stephen Tyler's feet.
Speaker 2: Do you want to tell people like, if you're a former Hall of Famer, if you're.
Speaker 1: Like really good, don't call right now? Or trust in James Bond. He trusts that he's that he's gonna beat whoever calls.
Speaker 4: I have faith.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's the best player out there that's not yet in the hall that hasn't played, that hasn't played in thirty days?
Speaker 1: That would be fun too.
Speaker 12: Seven two two five, ninety four five we hear at the rod Ryan Show are thankful for beer football and beer. Happy Thanksgiving from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Offspring, The kids aren't all right?
Speaker 2: Did we say that was one of their billion streamers on Spotify?
Speaker 1: Two of them? Yes, that was one of them and two songs that have a billion streams. Now, that's huge for the Offspring.
Speaker 2: Awesome when you're gonna go far, That's right, You're gonna go far, kid.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: They're are our alter ego show out there in California. We are gonna get another person qualified. We'll give you the cage, the elephant, neon pill Vinyl, and then you'll go into the hopper. Chili's got the hopper ready to go for Friday. Five names will be in there. Somebody goes to California to that amazing show. January eleventh, How awesome. Is that that's gonna be I read my lips, so Alex and Chili will be responsible for getting that person in the hopper tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today, no rain high of seventy.
Speaker 2: If Alex and Chili are playing read my Lips at seven twenty, that means I need more words suggested to me.
Speaker 1: Send me emails right at the buzz dot com. And now each time for.
Speaker 12: The fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to were corners.
Speaker 1: All right, get him in here, double O seven.
Speaker 2: The guy's name is Sean Connery. That's why we call him double oh seven.
Speaker 1: Hi Sean, Hey, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, robody doing great.
Speaker 2: Belinda was wondering how he came to call you, you know, James Bond. She's like, well, why do you call him James Bond? Why does he have his own music? Now we know Sean. Uh, you need to win today if you want to. I mean, listen, Alex is already playing Read my Lips. He's already a little crusty to begin with.
Speaker 4: I'm fine. He will want me of the wheel.
Speaker 1: Just the way that you.
Speaker 2: Just said I'm fine, I'm fine indicates you're not fine.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say, go ahead and win it all right today? Please?
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 1: David. Don't let him walk in there, David, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, good money, David. It's been a number of years since you played Chile. He told me how long since you've been on the game. It's been about eight years at least, He said, Rice, where have you been, David?
Speaker 1: Chili would answer the phone. That's yeah, no it is Chili. It's always choice.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't do that, David. You think you can beat double O seven?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to shot. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: Dignity? The Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: Also a pair of tickets to see a Wall Nation at House of Blues.
Speaker 4: I mean the prizes are relevant at this point.
Speaker 2: David, shock the world or don't shock the world today?
Speaker 4: Or just shot your mouth?
Speaker 1: Did? Did? Did you win anything eight years ago? David? Were you any good?
Speaker 7: I've gotten to day five. I've never gotten in the hall.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you know what Sean's doing right now? So you've been there. That would be a sweet revenge for you to do that to someone.
Speaker 1: Else years later.
Speaker 7: Good luck, David.
Speaker 2: Shout out you name when you think you know the answer, David and Sean.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Question number one.
Speaker 2: What sport did Jake Paul just face off with se Sean Bocking? What sport did Jake Paul just face off with Mike Tyson in boxing?
Speaker 1: That's what you want to call that.
Speaker 4: That's the first pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean's on the board. David, you were in there totally.
Speaker 2: Just need that need you to be a little those punches need to be a little quicker.
Speaker 1: Okay, how close? Was it?
Speaker 4: Pretty fun?
Speaker 1: So close? We're so close close I ran down to my truck.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I don't have time for that whole thing. Here we go. Question number two.
Speaker 2: Sean Connery, that's his name, And David, what car company does Elon musk?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Tie, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Tie on that? What is heesla?
Speaker 2: The answer? David stepped it up, though, bigley. Next question, Here we go David and Sean what body? What part of the body does wolverine shoots from?
Speaker 11: Sean his hands?
Speaker 2: Two games? David correct answers ablation answer, damn it.
Speaker 1: Always right strong with you, David, Come on, you gotta be quicker. That's right, eight years super fast on that tesla question.
Speaker 2: Well, that's like telling that's like saying that you were fast because he tied you.
Speaker 1: So that's like patting yourself on the back.
Speaker 9: It was pretty quick.
Speaker 1: I was surprised how fast you were you tied me. Good luck, Sean, Thanks Bundy. Hey, David, that was a good game. I'm not going to be around in eight years.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's not wait that long to play again.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, I'll try all the time. Take that long to get through. All right, Well, you were fun today, you were good. All right, thank you? All right, David, have a great day. Happy Thanksgiving. Sean Connery. That is your fourth trip into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 11: Now third time. Oh you took fifteen games this year.
Speaker 1: Oh really you're one of those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't know how many it actually was, but I did lose on four and five this year.
Speaker 2: Well you want some crap from us, that's for sure, all right, dude. It's a sixteen person bracket.
Speaker 1: When do we now?
Speaker 2: We haven't. We have to do an exhibition game tomorrow and then when we get back we're off. All we're off for Thanksgiving week. The Tournament of Champions starts on Monday. Yes, wow, great job, bro. Twenty years of May.
Speaker 9: M in the morning.
Speaker 1: What's rod Ryan Show? Only ninety four or five?
Speaker 13: Tom?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go ninety four or five the Boss? Good morning, rod Ryan Show, six thirty nine. My goodness, why are we so late today?
Speaker 1: Busy, busy, busy, that's why. Uh, wakey, wakey. Let's throw back Thursday. Have you voted yet? Please do?
Speaker 2: Please get in and vote. We'll do some song clips coming up after seven o'clock. No rain today, Sunny's guys, Hi have seventy and uh oh boy, Alex is so happy.
Speaker 1: No frash out of bed, head to head shout age. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 11: This is DOUBLEO seven Sean Conner. Sometimes they call me James Bond because well you know wy Shawn.
Speaker 9: So Liam Sean Conter.
Speaker 11: Now I am a three. I'm Hall of Famer Alex. You're welcome on number sixteen for twenty twenty four, So join me in the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 12: Baby.
Speaker 11: I made it to the last game of the year in twenty twenty three. In twenty twenty four, I take it all, bitches.
Speaker 2: Last game of the year, last year, last guy to get in the Hall of Fame this year. Destiny are people are saying that people are saying I'm suggesting it. So I mean ramatic, you are people, I gotta be so dramatic.
Speaker 1: Double seven.
Speaker 3: So the one they called Tim is not in the hall. Neither is other John.
Speaker 1: Other John's stats on himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, a game from Funzies tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: We will play tomorrow. But it's just a it's a one off exhibition game.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm not even gonna make it good.
Speaker 3: Just use the questions on the sheet, get rid of the whole thing, and then we'll start branding for the tournament.
Speaker 2: I love the sound of blowing the whole thing up. I'll thank you too.
Speaker 4: The day we make you look smart.
Speaker 14: The day.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go with some fun facts. How you've been wrong your whole life? Would you stop already?
Speaker 4: Alright?
Speaker 1: Alright, alright.
Speaker 2: Sweet potatoes and yams are not the same thing. What Yeah, they are completely two different species of root vegetable with very different backgrounds and uses. The US government even kind of perpetuated the error labeling sweet potatoes with the orange flesh as yams. But they are sweet potato. Yams are very uncommon in America.
Speaker 1: Cut it out. The potato experts who's bringing the yams? Nobody because they're uncommon in America.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're delicacy.
Speaker 1: What are you a native to Africa? In Asia? You got yams on you yam chips? Okay.
Speaker 2: Brian May from Queen has a PhD in astrophysics.
Speaker 1: That is smart one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other super the other super smarty pants is uh Dexter Holland, the lead singer of the.
Speaker 1: Offspring Doctor Holland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got some crazy astrophysicist background.
Speaker 4: No, but he's you know, m cabinet.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember because when like we were talking about COVID, he's like a disease expert.
Speaker 4: No, he's like a real scientist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's PhD. I mean, the word egregious.
Speaker 2: Comes from Latin, where it meant exceptionally good, but people kept using it sarcastically to point out the the to point where the meaning completely evolved and now it means exceptionally bad.
Speaker 1: That you love that. We just bastardized use.
Speaker 4: The word so much. That's gonna happened. To demure is going to mean something else very soon.
Speaker 1: Nobody has said to mur demure. In six weeks.
Speaker 3: In six days, Dexter Holland has a degree, a master's degree in molecular biology.
Speaker 1: There it is. It's the fuck thats to the day. We make you look smart, your buddies, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: What you giving away?
Speaker 3: Jerry Cantrell tickets, House of Blues Shows, February twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: All right, it's your fun back. Very smart.
Speaker 2: Another chemist William Mitchell, William his friends called him uh. He is credited as the key inventor of these three things.
Speaker 1: I'll take one. I'll take one.
Speaker 2: I want to get in and out of this one. All right, Willie Mitchell? What did the invent I told you three things yesterday seven one, three two. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: James, Yeah, man, kick you in your yams. Hey yo yo, Hey, how do you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 15: Mixday on Wall Street? That daw is up one hundred and thirty nine points, cookoff this morning at forty three and eight nas back down twenty one to eighteen thoy nine sixty six benchmark ten year Treasury treating at a four point four percent, and oil stands at seventy dollars twenty six cents of barrel to the most active is the Big Studs, United Health, IBM, and Amgen, the Big Duds, Home Depot, Visa and Chase on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on existing home sales for October right now. Futures looking good, they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it a matter of this is how and managed to director with the Ram James port for the Rod Ryan Show from Ramy James on Sam Flute, then gotsta and don't forget toys, rock.
Speaker 1: Out your stock out. It'd have been funny if he said, yam Gen, Yamjen, it would have been really funny.
Speaker 14: Amy's expressed those pill end and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Thank come ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed.
Speaker 6: If there's no insurance transmision, we'll continue.
Speaker 14: If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your program is are educational and informational services on Lake. The Studs Duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finale.
Speaker 2: Four five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan Show, Sure, here we go. We got Cody on the phone. Hey, hey, with no brother's up, so up, real smart dude man. A chemist named William Mitchell. He is credited as the key inventor of these three items. I'm only asking for one, Cody, you can give me as many as you like.
Speaker 1: How about pop rock, Yeah, you're right, pop.
Speaker 2: Tang and cool whip also William Mitchell whip. He's the inventor. You win, Cody Johnson, what are you giving him?
Speaker 3: You get the Jerry Cantrell tickets at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: Congrats, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I got somebody want to say, Hi, okay, Hi, Cody Johnson's friend Hello, arloty Oh.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I didn't get your name. Tell me your name again. Her name's that's awesome, all right.
Speaker 4: Well listen, guys, puis I've ever heard of my life?
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, that's good stuff right there. Thank you so sweet. Cody Johnson. Did he win anything? Last night at the CMAS.
Speaker 3: Cody Jhnson performed with Carrie Underwood, which I guess win.
Speaker 4: No, that's weak. Bride. Oh wait, I didn't watch the.
Speaker 1: Whole sounds like a country guy's day him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sunny's guys today, highs of around seventy What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, well, let's start with some national news. Weather news.
Speaker 3: Nearly three hundred thousand homes of businesses are still without power after that bomb cyclone in the Pacific Northwest. At least two people have been killed by this storm in that slammed into western Washington. One woman died when a tree fell on a homeless encampment north of Seattle. And then a woman was also killed when a tree fell onto her home. So some severe weather going on right now, and I know that doesn't really affect us. I mean, we've got this nice cold front situation going on. But there is some Texas news. There are some Texas headlines, so he wanted to run through a couple of them. Starting next fall, the University of Texas system is going to offer free tuition to undergraduate students whose families make one hundred thousand dollars or less.
Speaker 4: So that's a big headline here. And then Texas now has.
Speaker 3: A federal funding to improve broadband internet access for about seven million State residents who aren't connected to the Internet.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what's going on there.
Speaker 3: In I guess Sillier Food news, Craft is releasing a limited edition Everything Bagel version of their classic mac and Cheese.
Speaker 4: So Everything Bagel, Mac and Cheese.
Speaker 3: The special release is happening on Black Friday, but if you don't want to brave the crowds, it'll be available on Walmart dot com. But they're only releasing about fourteen thousand boxes total, which is less than two percent of the number of boxes that Craft sells each day. People always threaten to leave the country if their candidate doesn't win the presidency.
Speaker 4: But nobody's really done it until now.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 4: Ellen Degenerous and Portia.
Speaker 3: De Rossi have moved to England and are selling their estate in Montecito, California. Sources say it is indeed because of Donald Trump. The keyword here is sources. It isn't official, but it's being reported at multiple news outlets. Ellen and Porsche were spotted at British pub just last week watching the Irish band The Corus perform. Supposedly, they already have a new home in a region called the Cotswolds, which is just two hours from London.
Speaker 1: This story.
Speaker 4: Listen portion Ellen, they are actually real estate moguls.
Speaker 3: They own property all over the country, and so I guess they're just expanding their portfolio internationally.
Speaker 4: That's what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 2: I don't mind if a celebrity says they want to move because they don't like the way an election or something is going.
Speaker 1: It's just do it. So they're doing it. So that's great.
Speaker 3: But see for me, I mean, yeah, great, but also the extreme amount of privilege that you have to be able to afford you that, Like a lot of people say, oh I would move, you don't have the means to move like Ellen has the means to move. It comes from a very like it comes from a place of major, major wealth, Like it's I don't know, just got all the resources. Scott Wyland's son Noah just released a new song called two Nights of Course Noah Wyland the Sun of late Stone Temple Pilots.
Speaker 4: You're Scott Wiland. He's got this video. It's a like an all pop single.
Speaker 1: Let's listen.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about this next generation, this rock star, these NEPO rockers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Robert Trujillo's son.
Speaker 2: Chris Cornell's Daughter's got something new out right now. But this he looks like Scott Wyland. He sounds like Scott Wiland. I've heard that he's got some of the problems and demons of his dad, Scott Wiland, so I hope he works through those.
Speaker 1: I'd love for this kid to be successful.
Speaker 4: Man, those are Houston Seidlites.
Speaker 1: You like, this is totally different than what we've heard before with him.
Speaker 2: He was in like an all star band with a bunch of rock star kids, and it was more like his dad's rock stuff.
Speaker 1: This is totally different.
Speaker 3: I like the experimenting. Like you say, it's exciting. If they're trying to find you know who they are musically.
Speaker 2: You want to see and listen to all of this. It's on the music blog page today, What you Got.
Speaker 4: Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Pacers one thirty to one thirteen.
Speaker 5: Alpa and Shangoon had thirty one points in the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 4: Rockets are now eleven and five on the season.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Trailblazers tomorrow night at Toyota Center on Thursday Night Football. We got Miles Garrett and the Browns hosting TJ. Watt and the Steelers. Steelers come into this game as three and a half point favorites. Kick off for that'll be at seven to fifteen and you can watch it on Prime video. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, read my lips, coming up next hour. I'm coming up this hour now.
Speaker 2: It is seven o'clock and about twenty twenty five minutes we'll get rolling on reading my lips.
Speaker 1: It's not too late, man, Send me some great word suggestions. Email me directly.
Speaker 2: Rod at the Buzz dot com, Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod Ross the Morning.
Speaker 6: Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Whipping out the Bush ninety four to five to the Buzz Alex.
Speaker 2: That Bush guitar, the autograph Bush guitar has been on the guitarist wheel since day one.
Speaker 4: It's almost like you can't spin it good.
Speaker 1: You haven't been close to the bush and time for the Bush one? Are you gonna do today?
Speaker 4: If you don't get it today, then I get to spin tomorrow. I don't get to spin ever.
Speaker 1: I don't even think you come close to that bush guitar I have.
Speaker 4: It's literally touched it every single time.
Speaker 1: It's a wheel.
Speaker 2: There are fourteen autographed guitars on the guitarst Wheel, the Fall Guitarist Wheel. We will spin at eight twenty this morning. Some forty one went out yesterday to a lucky lucky caller.
Speaker 1: Number ten.
Speaker 2: Scott Stapp solo autographed a guitar for us. Scott stapp autographed guitar went on the wheel, so it always it maintains fourteen guitars. Now, somebody was smart and said, well, if if you're done giving away the guitar, we all know that.
Speaker 1: You guys still have fourteen of them.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The fun bunch over there they want them back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guy, they don't like this idea to begin with the fun squad.
Speaker 2: They like, no, you put those back in there, go back in there, and then why you can beg next year for some more.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 2: So yeah, read my lips is coming up this hour. It sticks to gram Thursday. It's throwback Thursday. We got Sunny's guys for your throwback Thursday. No rain high of around seventy garbage only happy.
Speaker 1: When it rains.
Speaker 2: I feel like garbage wins a lot when they're in there too, And I don't think. I don't know if the songs don't research well, I don't. I don't feel they're in regular rotation. I feel like garbage always wins.
Speaker 4: How are they doing it right now?
Speaker 1: First place? Hum Stars is in second place? And social distortion. I love me some social That's what I voted for. It's in the last place. You have a new podcast up, brand new podcast. Yeah, okay, fire, straight fire, straight fire.
Speaker 5: We literally we pulled up to the building and there were two fire trucks out there, so, I mean, can't confirm it or not, but there was probably a fire in the building.
Speaker 4: And we broadcast do bitting hot fat.
Speaker 5: I want to call us a hero. I mean you don't have to, but you could. We talked about being chill guys, the top ways to be chill guys.
Speaker 4: Why is that popular right now? Is it a little dog? Understand you?
Speaker 8: Chill?
Speaker 4: Not on my algorithm. I'm the APO of a chill guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you are the APO of a chill guy yea.
Speaker 5: And I will tell you how I am a chill guy while listening to this podcast, So you should go check it out. We also power ranked the top five places to bleed out. That's also a cool meme that we've been looking at this. It's it's educational, it's fantastic, it's fun. With some Robert Freeland, we talked about football, all kinds of fun stuff past your podcast.
Speaker 2: It's up right now, all right, Ashley with and I always sends in some great words. I might even be using one of hers. She's been a she's been a game breaker for people. Yeah, she said, have you guys played the dad frying the turkey this week?
Speaker 4: Not in its entirety, we had. It was a drop.
Speaker 3: It was a get back inside right now when we did the first round of tortured ten smish like mash up with the wheel, she.
Speaker 2: Said she heard it on guitarists, but she hasn't heard like the full drop. Right, Alex doesn't like it.
Speaker 4: I do not not like you hate it.
Speaker 1: You like saying I don't like it.
Speaker 2: That's funny to me because you were never yelled at you were told that I was never laughed at it. You were told that your precious bottom was so perfect. I was yelled at plane. You were told that your precious bottom it was only one on the planet like that, and it was the most perfect fanny.
Speaker 1: On the planet and you could do no wrong the planet. So you just don't understand what it's like to hear a parent.
Speaker 4: Yell criticized harshly.
Speaker 1: We need the video. The video.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: We must have posted it on our Instagram? Chili?
Speaker 4: Are you three things us?
Speaker 1: See Chili? Are you on Meta?
Speaker 2: I mean, can you get on anything? Are you still banned from every social media? Did you already get kicked off a blue sky?
Speaker 1: Probably? What's going on with you right now?
Speaker 9: I am not allowed on any of those.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me or you just don't want to now.
Speaker 16: Facebook still hasn't a mata, I mean, hasn't even responded to me, and it's been.
Speaker 4: Like they're ghosting you.
Speaker 1: Can you find me the I think it would be.
Speaker 2: Good for us to post a throwback Thursday of the og dude yelling at his kid.
Speaker 1: Could you find me that video and then I'll post it?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 1: That would be awesome.
Speaker 9: Anything you want my team?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Oh geez.
Speaker 2: So the clip that we're talking about, Alex just sensitive ears, maybe off your headphones, So let me set up the clip for you.
Speaker 1: I think most of you have heard this on the show before, but it is one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 2: Mom is filming, AD's getting ready to drop a turkey. It looks like the oil is up to temperature and he's dropping the turkey. You can hear there's there's rustle and bustle inside the house. Kids are fighting. One kid comes out crying. One kid comes out crying, probably my favorite kid cry. It's my favorite kid cry.
Speaker 1: And uh and this is what this is the video?
Speaker 17: Right first time frying a turkey, stay inside, please right, get it exack, right time trying a turkey, stay inside, please.
Speaker 1: Get it side right now. Oh that's chili chill.
Speaker 2: We got a double it's fine, double header, all right, we got a double of that clip.
Speaker 4: Yes, really great.
Speaker 1: That's how That's how some parents used to talk to their kids out. I have been yelled at.
Speaker 4: Really, I know what that's like. I was not a very well behaved child. I can tell like you came out and kicked that hot oil all over the place.
Speaker 1: You were in a better mood before that played. I am in a fine mood.
Speaker 4: I've been trying to make sure that red my lips is ready to go. Do you want me to spin the wheel, so you don't have to make a.
Speaker 1: Spin any wheel. Don't even go near my wheel. You can take a moment.
Speaker 4: After that clip, I'm gonna go for a walk.
Speaker 1: He compressed a little not to read my lips really. And then there's this you're trying to the boys. I'm going, well, that means that Alex is taken on Chile. Today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have you guys calling and it's a huge prize man alter ego a trip to California to this amazing show. We'll get you a qualifying prize and put you in the hopper. If your horse comes in, I'll let you call in after the break for Alex or Chili.
Speaker 1: Read my lips coming up? Send me some words.
Speaker 18: Rock and Alternatives to The.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show, Throw Back Thursday. Keep the votes coming in, man, log down to the world famous Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Paid to the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to do song clips early in the eight o'clock hour before guitarvest. Sunny today, no rain, high of seventy beautiful day.
Speaker 3: What you got over there last night was Rockets legends reuniting. It was Hometown Heroes night at the Toyota Center, so it was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: The Rockets did win the game.
Speaker 3: So the current team the middle court logo was like the one when like the throwback one.
Speaker 4: What would you call that one? Alex like the Summit on the Summit ones. So you had like a Keim Elijah Wan in the house.
Speaker 3: You had Kenny Smith there, Robert Ory was there, Otis Thorpe like all these old Rockets legends were.
Speaker 1: In the building.
Speaker 3: So it was kind of fun and the old logo looked really good and then you get the w like that's a complete night. Also, Vince McMahon and Linda McMahon have split, So if you haven't been listening to the news, Linda McMahon is Donald Trump's pick for Education secretary.
Speaker 4: The two have been rumored.
Speaker 3: Linda and Vince had been rumored to be separated since twenty twenty two, but Linda's lawyer's just con that status. They had been married for fifty one years, and now you know, like it is, it is official. They are not together. They are going their separate ways. So that's a big trend as well. And then what else did I see there was more?
Speaker 1: God, you're talking wrestling. Bellet Twin's birthday today.
Speaker 4: A happy birthday to the Bellet Twins.
Speaker 3: Are they looking at girls?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then one of them is getting divorced from their Dancing with the Stars guys, that.
Speaker 4: Artem Chavinski vents. I don't know how to say his name.
Speaker 1: That's been finalized, So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's I think they might be headlining looking at girls today, Bello Twins.
Speaker 3: That was a dramatic little separation and divorce there. So that's just trending on a four five the bus.
Speaker 1: It's time to read my lips. Oh boy, you're kind of boys gay.
Speaker 4: Well, so let me just lock up all my china over here early quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he got the bull coming in. Yeah, we got the lonely bull. He's coming in. Okay, Chili is standing.
Speaker 19: Bye.
Speaker 1: We're taking the calls right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you for all of your words, and I really appreciate the adjustment so that we could play Read my Lips earlier so that the fall guitarist could be locked into eight twenty.
Speaker 1: So great job.
Speaker 2: You guys are doing an amazing jobs sending me these words. So there's been no problem at all with this adjustment.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm not moving the game to seven twenty, though, We're gonna get back to eight twenty as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: Do you want Alex or Chili to play for you?
Speaker 2: I'll get you a cage the Elephant Knee on pill Vinyl, and then you'll be qualified one of five people in the hopper tomorrow for the drawing for our Alter Ego show out there in California on January eleventh.
Speaker 1: So choose your horse wisely. Seven one three.
Speaker 18: Attention station employees with Thanksgiving approaching.
Speaker 9: HR has approved the word jiblet for general use in the office.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four to five four or five the bus Lincoln Park paper Cut, Rod Ryan's Show throw Back Thursday, Links and Guests is where you vote.
Speaker 1: Sunny today, no rain, high today of around seventy. I love that love that. Just go into it. Come on, let's do it. Chilie's in here. It looks like he's ready to go. You look like you're ready to go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we are you ready?
Speaker 1: Are you fooling me? Are you ready to go?
Speaker 9: You never know?
Speaker 1: It's time to read my lips.
Speaker 2: Chullie, you got the uh you got the throwback Thursday clip on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, the dad yelling at the kids, get in the house right now, got dad ready makes me laugh every time.
Speaker 9: Does it take you back to the childhood?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we called it a Tuesday in my house.
Speaker 9: That's just it's just yeah, dude, I was yelling at a lot too, So yeah, that was just.
Speaker 1: That was every day. Alex was every day.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wait and yelled at before.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: It's not by us, not by us. You yell at me, That's what I'm saying. Wait, like the people have raised you. Oh wait, I was not a well behaved child. I was yelled at a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, there's Chili and there's Alex. We's just got that perfect little bottom. It's not another one like it on the.
Speaker 9: Planet, not a one like that tattooed on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, Emily, Emily, good morning, Good morning, Hey Emily, how are you pretty good?
Speaker 1: How are you great? Who's playing for you today?
Speaker 8: Chili?
Speaker 2: He's had his most successful campaign ever. He's got four wins on the year.
Speaker 4: Emily and Chillie play and read my lips and.
Speaker 2: Then you've got a song now apparently all right, Emily, good luck to you. Colby, Colby, Jacky, Hi, Colby, very loud. Where are you at right now?
Speaker 16: I am in Sugarman at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you sound like you're in a factory or something. Oh shit, be in the driver sitting mark waiting to win. Oh you parked in the car?
Speaker 2: Okay, well listen, Colby. Obviously Alex is for you today. Alex, he says he's in a great mood. He's got eighteen wins on the year. Wow, eighteen to four. Mom, lock up to China. The boys are at it again.
Speaker 4: Lock it up.
Speaker 1: You're the returning champion. What are you doing there, Alex? Call me? What do you want?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Go first or second?
Speaker 9: Definitely go first.
Speaker 1: Don't do that to him? Well, well, all right, a little coffee here. You want Alex to go first?
Speaker 9: You upset him like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not upset at all. I'm fine, Okay, shuffling.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Shuffling the words Chile. Hey, I don't care who gets what. I know you're gonna say something silly. I'm not.
Speaker 9: I'm just going on really kick my mouth shut so we can get the game going.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's gonna be the one time you play that you don't say something silly.
Speaker 9: I'm not interesting.
Speaker 1: I haven't changed, man.
Speaker 4: I like your hoodie.
Speaker 9: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 16: I'm on the meta meta bandless spandor community standard.
Speaker 1: Oh you're trying him right now.
Speaker 9: So I'm trying to be good so I don't get banned.
Speaker 1: You're reformed.
Speaker 9: I'm a reformed guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Alex is going first. Uh here comes the words, all submitted by you guys.
Speaker 1: Great job. Colby wanted him to go first. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Michelle sent this one in, and then she went through her pimp deb from b MP to send it to me again.
Speaker 1: To make sure I saw it. Thumbs up, butter Nut, Butternut. Know what you guys, those BMP people, Butternut who submitted that Michelle. Thank you, Michelle.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little harder next time, Michelle, I'm a little more difficult.
Speaker 9: Just just get time over there.
Speaker 1: Landon sent this one in now full disclosure. It came in from a few others. But here we go. Here we go.
Speaker 10: Love Amy, what love Amy? Love handle love Amy? Love hammock love Amy, love Amy.
Speaker 19: But he was looking I really love Amy, I really really genuinely love Amy.
Speaker 4: Really really really really love.
Speaker 1: I love I really really love Amy.
Speaker 9: Doesn't the girl that says, uh, what a jerk?
Speaker 6: Does it?
Speaker 9: Does she remind you of Jessica?
Speaker 1: Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: When I heard it, I was like, sounds like Jessica.
Speaker 2: So now we've casted that as other John and Jessica from that commercial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we make our own commercial.
Speaker 18: Here we go, really really really good.
Speaker 1: Next, I really love get out all right, here we go thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas Daniel, missing monkey, busy body, missing monkey, what missing monkey, busy party, missing monkey, busy bunny, missing monkey.
Speaker 1: I don't know missing I'm not getting this that time.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, I'm in almost one more extra second.
Speaker 9: Oh you're not counting good.
Speaker 3: Well, when I stopped and said twenty fifty, I'm like, geez, I'm just helping Alex.
Speaker 1: I guess I love missing Monkey. I really really love I.
Speaker 4: Really really really want those monkeys missing monkey.
Speaker 1: I want them to find them, all right, missing monkey, Dallas Daniel, you just made the list.
Speaker 4: I think there's still like two missing they haven't found them all from that lab.
Speaker 1: Where was it ago?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 9: Caroline?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the Caroline.
Speaker 1: Alright, missing monkey to Chili, al right, okay, dang that.
Speaker 4: Something's curses.
Speaker 9: So putting on the.
Speaker 1: Headphones right now.
Speaker 19: I really loves.
Speaker 1: With that enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty seconds on the clock. Yeah, Chili has the headphones on.
Speaker 1: He can't hear me. Ashley with an I combs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 13: Mad Bush? Oh what mad Bush? A back pusher? Mad Bush? Back pusher? Mad Bush?
Speaker 9: Oh something about Bush?
Speaker 1: Mad Bush? Try mad Bush? Pat you mad Bush, Maggie Bush, mad Bush.
Speaker 15: Damn it.
Speaker 5: I thought he was gonna get that.
Speaker 4: He knew it was Bush, he did know that part.
Speaker 2: He did get the Bush part, he did get the Bush parts on brand for him, and he never gets mad.
Speaker 6: So so.
Speaker 1: We're seeing missing monkey. The ms look like bees.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not going to and it seems like I've never encountered mad Bush in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna yell, but get inside right now, you get I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Inside.
Speaker 2: I don't want to yell and upset you, but get inside right now, right all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Eli said this one. He'll get this one. Thumbs up, thumbs up. Gummy wiener.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying that gummy wiener covin gummy gumm Wiener, What gummy coming winner?
Speaker 1: Gummy Wiener? Gummy Wiener?
Speaker 9: How you can get me fired?
Speaker 5: Food?
Speaker 1: Gummy Wiener?
Speaker 8: Are you gaming me?
Speaker 20: Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all filed.
Speaker 4: Its failed.
Speaker 9: I'm not getting fired.
Speaker 1: You didn't get mad Bush, you didn't get gummy Wiener. Oh, popsicle, Alex is your winner today?
Speaker 9: Provo?
Speaker 4: I really, really, really, I'm glad this game is over.
Speaker 1: Bring me call me, jack Hey, call me.
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Alex for the boys, Alex for the boys.
Speaker 4: Just so chill.
Speaker 1: What are you giving today?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm giving these chill guys.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you that chill guy a copy of Cage Elephants Me on pill on vinyl. And then, dude, I'm gonna put you into this grand prize drawing for a trip to Alter Ego.
Speaker 4: We're gonna draw that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's good luck, all right, dude, congratulations, Emily. I'm sorry, Crispy Critter was coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the tie breaker from Jackie Chocolate Thunder. Chocolate Thunder should have saved those. Those were good. Those were good. Let's break Alex alight.
Speaker 4: Let's break Inie the house right now, Gentler.
Speaker 1: Please, nineteen, Alex nineteen wins on the year.
Speaker 4: All gains is next one. Wow, you'll be playing next week?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Song clips early in the eight. Yeah, and then we'll spin the fall guitar. Somebody in the room will will.
Speaker 1: Spin the fall guitarist wheel.
Speaker 18: That's all coming on The Rod Ryan Morning Show six, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Bus, Good Morning, Ryan's Show drawback Thursday. We haven't done some clips yet, have we top in the aut Okay, you want to do it after eight? That works, so then we'll do the fall guitarvest. We'll spin the wheel some forty one. Sorry, kids, that's off the wheel, but an autograph's got stap.
Speaker 1: Guitar went on the wheel. We were talking about bush whipping it out earlier. It's still on there.
Speaker 2: The highly suspect the guitar that was broke in mid concert. That one is still on the wheel.
Speaker 1: I know people got their eye on that.
Speaker 2: No rain today, sunny skies highs of around seventy Tessa has Houston's headlights.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, House Republicans decided not to release an ethics report. If you've been seeing the name Matt Gates in the headlines, it's because there were sexual allegations lodged against this former congressman. He's also Trump's nominee for attorney general, so he's been facing these accusations of sexual misconduct. Lawmakers on both sides of the Aisle had called for the report to be released, but as far as.
Speaker 4: We know, it will not be.
Speaker 3: The trial of Venezuelan and Joset Ibata came to an end yesterday, so Ivada had waived his right to a jury trial.
Speaker 4: This man is convict.
Speaker 3: It was accused in the death of Lake and Riley. Well, the judge it was solely in the hands of the judge to issue this verdict, and before the trial began, prosecutors had not seeked out the death penalty, but Ibata was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Now, why is this a big case. One, It's a heinous, heinous crime. But also Ibada was in the country illegally, so that was why. Later in the day President elect Trump was mentioning it on truth social as tweeting.
Speaker 4: Out, well not tweeting out, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What you do on truth social, but he had put out justice for Lake and Riley in all caps so those are kind of the more serious, bigger stories.
Speaker 1: Put out the truth. You send a truth, you you send a truism.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you just let it fly, let the truth, and you let it set you free.
Speaker 1: I don't think we figured out what you did with blue Sky yet. What are those called? When cloud an individual?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: You blow it out blue Okay.
Speaker 3: If you need to get through this Christmas warning, we won't judge you, but your family. If you need this present to get through Christmas warning, We're not going to judge you, but your family might. Fireball is selling special Christmas stockings. It's a pre loaded stocking full of Fireball cinnamon whiskey. There's a spout at the bottom to pour from or drink from, so in theory you could like hang it on the mantle. And each stocking has a full one point seventy five liter bottle that's around thirty five shots. It is definitely made for sharing. Do not drink the salon. There'll be at select stores for the holidays for around twenty five Bucks are calling it part decoration, part tense family dinner, ice breaker.
Speaker 1: I love this song. Fire Balls ca Old Chilli's buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's his boy friends with him.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this weekend because remember when Barbenheimer was all the rage. That's when the Barbie movie came out, and then Oppenheimer. They both opened in the same weekend.
Speaker 2: Two huge movies, and they feel like they gotta It's like when two celebrities come together, they gotta smash together their names.
Speaker 3: Right, So Barbie and Oppenheimer both in theaters on the same day. Well, we've got a similar situation brewing for this weekend, and it's called please glicked because you have Gladiator two and then Wicked.
Speaker 4: So is it glicked or is.
Speaker 1: It glicked glicked?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'm just reading it. That's just like fanatically, it would have to be glicked glicked. Okay.
Speaker 3: So anyway, both of these movies open tomorrow and they both expected to do big business. Wicked supposedly going to make one hundred to one hundred and ten million in its opening weekend.
Speaker 4: That's not more than Barbie.
Speaker 3: Barbie open with one hundred and sixty two mil back in July of twenty twenty three. Gladiator two should finish a solid second with sixty five mil. Oppenheimer also did a little better than that, made eighty two point five million in its opening week, so it.
Speaker 2: Was a big weekend when they smashed them together. We don't need to smash together titles of movies, do we.
Speaker 9: No, we did do this.
Speaker 4: Are you just wanting to see this? I mean I saw Wicked on Broadway, and I just don't know that a movie can compare. I love I mean, I love Arianna Grande, but I don't know that. Like, I'm not running to.
Speaker 3: Theaters like this, like Barbie, I went by myself to the theater, fell asleep, but still I went.
Speaker 2: They have some sort of a statement too. I don't know if it's AMC theaters or whatever. They don't want you to singing.
Speaker 1: I saw that, right. Do you know the songs?
Speaker 4: Some of them it's like a musical, right, but you gotta be poppy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see I don't know these. I mean, we're off to see the Wizard.
Speaker 4: I know that when Yeah, it's it's like the alternate story.
Speaker 3: It's the Wizard of Oz from the Wicked Witch's perspective.
Speaker 1: They don't want you singing, Yeah, they don't want this. Not a musical that you're going to stand up.
Speaker 4: And sing along.
Speaker 3: It's not the Taylor Swift Ariostoura encouraging you to get up and sing. Right, let's talk about Jelly Roll because his nash His Nashville bar is going to open soon. It's called good Night Nashville five Stories.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a huge space. It's right there on Broadway.
Speaker 1: So it's probably just an old repurpose building.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, probably, but they just released the logo and it says good good Night Nashville.
Speaker 4: Burger, spirits, and tattoos.
Speaker 3: So sources say, like, there's going to be a tattoo shop in there where you can get fresh ink.
Speaker 4: You know, you get a beer, you get some ink. What could go wrong?
Speaker 2: So the only thing that I can like in this too is uh, at Sturgis, there's a bark and they have a tattoo shop there and a lot of people will go in because they want everyone to know they went to Sturgis and they went to the Buffalo Chip whatever or the Nickel or I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: All I remember when you wanted to get tattoos at the at the rod Ryan Show car show and then you flaked out.
Speaker 2: We didn't have an idea of what was somebody doing Oh, they were doing tattoos at the drug I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, Alex, I said, come up with something, and she didn't have anything. So we're not going.
Speaker 4: I don't know, with all the tack for the moment tattoos, you usually have to have an idea.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have gotten one. I totally would have.
Speaker 9: I totally would have.
Speaker 4: Not you're ready to do it.
Speaker 2: You're telling me that your first tattoo would have been out of a truck at a car show.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 4: I'm not. I know that's the other show up with which.
Speaker 1: She would get And so I was like, well, then we're not getting any.
Speaker 3: Lame Let's Steelers use since the lay mass headlines you dropped the wall?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: Big night for the Rockets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rockets gotta win.
Speaker 5: Last night in the throwbacks, they beat the Pacers one thirty to one thirteen. Alpera and Shangoon had thirty one points in the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 4: Rockets are now eleven and five on the season.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day off today before they played the Trailblazers tomorrow night at home. On Thursday Night football, Miles Garrett and the Browns are gonna host T J. Watt and the Steelers. Steelers come into this as three and a half point favorites. Kick Off is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on Prime Video. The Wizard would call them the Stillers, Pittsburgh still the Stillers, that's his favorite.
Speaker 18: Guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys would get that. But that's what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 18: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Tinety four five. The buzz half point point of the show.
Speaker 2: People either in Remedy rod Ryan's Show, it's Throwback Thursday. We're gonna play song clips coming up for you in this a little bit. Make sure that hum song is first, because that's a slow burn man getting into the hilk.
Speaker 6: Warm it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting into the hook of that song.
Speaker 2: Takes a while, no rain, sunny skies, highs of around seventy. Before we did song clips, I wanted to mention you've heard off the top of the hour. It's always important to me to mention that today is the great American smokeout.
Speaker 1: I found that moving down here.
Speaker 2: You know now that I'm down in the South, and believe it or not, Texas is the South kids that the Great American Smokeout wasn't that big a deal.
Speaker 1: It wasn't really pushed and taught in schools. It was a huge.
Speaker 2: Initiative when I was a little kid. Yeah, the Great American smokeout. Yeah, because I remember yapping at my parents because my parents used to smoke.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: One time I threw a pack of sick where it's my dad cigarettes out the window and I got in so much trouble.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, that's like throwing money out the window.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was like what but we had just learned in school like how bad it was for your lungs, and he's gonna turn your lungs back.
Speaker 4: And I was like, you're not dying, not on my watch.
Speaker 2: Cigarettes probably cost a buck back, yeah, probably. Yeah, the Great Americans smokeout. I remember this being a big, big day in school, and our parents would or our teachers would flat out and tell us, go give.
Speaker 1: Your parents a hard time if your parents smoked, Like, raise your hand.
Speaker 2: If your parents smoke. Every kid's hand went up. Wow, every kid's hand went up. Yeah, yeah, raise your other hand. If your other parents smoked, pull them. Every other kid's other hand went up. Everybody smoked back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was cool. It was cool. Your parents thought they were cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So today's the great American smokeout. I mentioned it every year. Today is a day that you you try, if it's if it's something that you want to do, if it's something that you want to do. I think most people that smoke now, I think there's a piece of you that probably says i'd like to quit. I remember my sister smoking when I was young, and she just my dad was on her after he had quit, and she just said, I enjoy it, Dad, leave me alone. I remember her saying, my Dad, I enjoy it, Leave me alone. He's showing her pictures of black lungs and everything else from Roswell, which was a big med center in Rochester, and she's like, I don't want to quit.
Speaker 1: I like it's awesome.
Speaker 3: So Travis used to smoke when he was younger, and we'll be walking and if someone liked of a cigarette, he'll go, oh, he'll go I miss it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, shut up.
Speaker 2: Does he get the urge when he's drinking. So that's the thing that gets smokers. When I talk to smokers, even if they'd been removed from smoking for five, ten years. Yeah, they'll have a drink in their hand and if they get a whiff of something like, oh my god, a cigarette would be killer right now.
Speaker 3: So the whole time we've been hanging out for over a year, he has it. But then at the RedFest there was like a stand with cigarettes.
Speaker 4: I go, you want to buy? You want to buy a pack of cigarettes? And he was like, shut up, you'll let me.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 4: You can smoke one.
Speaker 3: You can smoke one cigarette because we have been drinking like all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he literally just looks cool. He does look how cool I look.
Speaker 3: I'm dressed like a barbarian, I have a cigarette, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, you're done. You're actually done.
Speaker 6: But it was Yeah.
Speaker 4: So to answer your question, yes he does get the urge every now and then, but.
Speaker 1: Great American, you will go anymore. It's the quit today, it's the quit today.
Speaker 6: Do it just quit today?
Speaker 1: Why not today? And then and then quit tomorrow and quit the day after.
Speaker 2: But it's one day of quitting smoking and then hopefully it turns into multiple days. One day of no smoking is better than you know, smoking, So that I think that was the idea behind the day.
Speaker 1: She thinks she missed the trim the mass. She's out back counting stuffs. Like I said, this song's got a slow slow burn. This was sent into me Wisconsin listener Matthew said, do you remember this song?
Speaker 2: I go, yeah, this is when my career was just getting started. This is ninety five. This is nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: When this song was it was a hit. Yeah, okay, it was kind of a hit. It was the biggest hit for them, one hit wonder. Hum. Yes, the song is called hum. It's stars. It's in last place, Alex, do you.
Speaker 4: Remember saying about this song and this band just now.
Speaker 1: You've never heard this before. They've been in throwback Thursday before. You're not that sound much. I remember them there.
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 1: Grungey sounding. Huh, all right, well, nineteen ninety five, Hum Stars. I'm only happy when it ray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one's catching here.
Speaker 6: I like this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this is nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: This is ninety's ninety five.
Speaker 1: I think these songs came out the same year.
Speaker 2: This is right when I would like when little Rodney Ryan was was getting his feet wet on the radio. It's in first place right now. I feel like these always do really well on Throwback Thursday?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: Garbage always kills? Does it always win? I feel like they do. I feel like they do too. I feel like they're like it's popular enough that it should be in regular rotation. Perhaps, Yeah, I could see that. Shirley Manson lead vocalists.
Speaker 2: I had a chance to interview her back in the day they went on tour with No Doubt early on probably ninety six.
Speaker 1: You know that Billy Corgan was the inspiration for this song.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: The drummer of this band, you know, is Butch Vig, Right, Yeah, Butch Vig produced Billy Corgan. Yeah, Siame's Dream and probably most known, but most known for never Mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did the never Mind album. Yeah, the drummer of Garbage did the never Mind album. Okay, And then.
Speaker 2: This is eighties, this is eight This is eighties, eighty eight, maybe earlier, maybe eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Guitar Hero, Oh yeah, this was a big Guitar Hero song.
Speaker 2: So it came into favor with a whole new audience because this was one of the early, early easy rounds of Guitar Hero.
Speaker 1: It was like one of the first five six songs. I think, baby, this is a Social Distortion ball and shame. Yeah, this is high school.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Mike Ness take it away and years at the mess On he was just cool.
Speaker 2: He was like a modern day Johnny Cash and that would have made and that would put a huge smile on his face. Social Distortion played a buzzfest years ago. There was a T shirt vendor back when we had two stages and you had and you had to take that long walk behind the stage to get to the stage two. There was a T shirt vendor back there, and one of the T shirt vendors was selling a T shirt and it had stars and bars, had a rebel flag on it.
Speaker 1: Mike Nest saw it said I'm not playing. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: We said, we'll get him to take the shirt down. No, I want him off campus. I want him out of here. So like we can't kick him out.
Speaker 1: He paid to be here.
Speaker 2: Mike Ness was not going to go on stage because a guy was selling a Confederate flag T shirt.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: So he's that guy, right, he's a punk, you know what I mean. Somehow we got him to play. I don't know if we lied to him.
Speaker 4: Which is whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, no, he's gone dotorry. The guy paid for the booth, you know, and he was selling one T shirt that Mike Nest didn't like, and Mike Nest wanted to It wasn't enough just to take the T shirt down because I remember we told the guy, you can't sell that T shirt here. You can't sell the T shirtter one of the bands is not going to go on stage. The guy's like, okay, we'll take it down.
Speaker 1: It's like he's like, pretty cool. Now leave. You wanted them here, Now you have to leave.
Speaker 4: I have to move away.
Speaker 1: Okay, good ah, those rock stars I got a million of those stories. Those kidiots backstage. I'm not going on. I'm not feeling the love. Shut up, get on stage, okay.
Speaker 2: The guitarists Wheel the Fall, Guitarvest Bush, highly Suspect, Three Days Grace with Adam Gantier. Hey guys, New three Days Grace tomorrow at seven twenty Nice confirmed. Nice, We're playing New Three Days Grace tomorrow at seven twenty and nine. Sweet Party, switch Foot Godsmack Scott Stapp was just added to the guitarist wheel. We're gonna spin the wheel. Someone's gonna spin the wheel coming up after the break.
Speaker 4: I think I want to go there.
Speaker 18: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 20: Shows ninety four five, The Bus Good Morning, brod Ryan Show, Sun these guys today, oh, rain highs of around seventy.
Speaker 2: I know, I ask you every year, and I don't think it ever. Has Great American Smokeout trending? Not really, No, you can't find it anywhere. You can't find it anywhere. It's just not I don't know. She's just not a big deal. They try every year. Today is the Great American Smokeout. Guys thinking of quitting smoking, Today's the day to make it day number one.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's about quitting smoking for one day and then maybe making it two and three and connecting a couple of days together.
Speaker 1: But that's all it is. But I'm talking about things that are trending. What is trending?
Speaker 3: Remember yesterday when I told you Share dropped an F bomb on.
Speaker 4: The Today's Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Hoda Kopy told her she could, and then they realized they didn't.
Speaker 1: They weren't in delay.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Now Richard Gear flipped the middle finger in the direction of host Savannah Guthrie. She tried to hide the gesture with her papers.
Speaker 4: He was just finishing the clip that had been shown to the audience, and he and said that he had no control over his hand. Oh this is now day two.
Speaker 17: In a row.
Speaker 4: You got a little f bomb here, you got a little flick off there. So you know, they're just like us.
Speaker 1: Thought maybe she asked her about the Gerbil story.
Speaker 4: Now I'm not gonna ask about the Gerbil story.
Speaker 1: I'll google it.
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 3: Also, Denzel Washington has been hitting the press circuit, obviously promoting the Gladiator to movie. Yesterday, he told Esquire magazine that he decided to stop drinking.
Speaker 4: He says he's been sober.
Speaker 3: For ten years. He said he basically had drunk almost every day up until that point, and now in this last leg of his life, he says he wants to just be more healthy.
Speaker 4: So he's been sober for the last ten years. Denzel hasn't had a drink. Good for him, I know, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 3: Also, if you haven't looked at my fall, Margarita, it's up on links and guests.
Speaker 4: It's definitely not trending. They look at a girl's blogma just trending.
Speaker 3: But after you go look at the Instagram, after you go look at the girl's blog page, why don't you go check out my fall margarita because it's delicious?
Speaker 1: What's in it?
Speaker 4: So this is interesting?
Speaker 3: So it's apple cider tequila. I made like a cinnamon simple syrup yep, and then did a little bit of pumpkin puree to give it a nice color.
Speaker 4: Surprisingly good. There are a couple of other ingredients in there, but you can go check it out. It's it's actually really delicious.
Speaker 3: And instead of salted rim, I did like pink himileyan salt and like pumpkin pie spice around the rim.
Speaker 4: Really good.
Speaker 1: Is it easy to find?
Speaker 2: Does everyone? I mean, can you just go to a grocery store and get apple cider?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: I was in FIS and I was having a little bit of trouble finding apple cider, so I ended up doing like the simply apple okay, but HB has a great cider selection.
Speaker 2: My dad used to always on the way to work, there was always apple cider stands.
Speaker 1: On the side of the road.
Speaker 4: Those are the good ones.
Speaker 1: And that was the one that was like gritty, pulpy, pulpy and gritty.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I hate pulp and orange juice, but I loved all the grit in the cider. But it was so sweet.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you who does a grit eat cider. Cracker barrel, Cracker barrel. Bring you a cold mug of pulpy, gritty, delicious, so sweet outsiders alcoholic, non alcoholic delicious.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I'm good for one. It's like egg not Yeah.
Speaker 4: You can't do too many. You'll get over.
Speaker 2: Wow one and I'm happy. Alex Rod He's like, all right, enough cider boy. Time to spin the wheel. You'll need to spin it.
Speaker 4: You just sit down, all right, I'll stick here.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to highly suspect guitar. Come on, alo Al, do something about it. Alex is gonna spin the fall guitarist wheel, all autographed guitars.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Brook, that's a.
Speaker 1: Good you say that every day. You say that every day today, highly suspect guys, you didn't think I was good? My true do I need to dump you? Juz you said suck it. Okay.
Speaker 4: I so we didn't get highly suspect. I was going to spin it. And that's how bad he doesn't want me to spend it.
Speaker 1: Guys, it is the in you.
Speaker 2: The concert used and broken, smashed, concert smashed, highly suspect guitar impressive.
Speaker 4: Oh boys, I'm impressed with you.
Speaker 18: You weirdo.
Speaker 2: Zero off these phone lines seven one three, two one two five nine four five. I mean, don't bother calling now. I'm not taking calls until after some forty one.
Speaker 1: That was yesterday's spin.
Speaker 2: It's ninety four or five, but okay, first time frying a turkey.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The buns that some forty one, uh, somebody whoever was called ten yesterday. Uh, they scored themselves a some forty one autographed guitar that went out the door on the full guitarist wheel went an autograph Scott's staff guitar when he came through and performed a solo set.
Speaker 1: Uh, he signed a guitar for us. I thought that was very very nice of him. So that was a great replacement.
Speaker 2: And this one, I think people have had this one circled since day one on that on that wheel, it's the guitarist wheel.
Speaker 1: Jeez. It was one of the things I want to do.
Speaker 2: I just I guess I wanted to remind you to make sure you go and you vote for Throwback. Thursday winning song will be played today at nine point thirty.
Speaker 1: So plenty to do. Tessa's Drink of the Month or Drink of the.
Speaker 4: Week, Drink the November Drink the November d Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So that is on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. All right, Alex Hallo, I will say, good spin today, bro, always a good spin.
Speaker 1: Today was good. Now. I know people have been calling. Every line is zeroed out. What does that mean? It's I have them on hold.
Speaker 2: You can't get through if you want to to do every single person, not one of you is getting a ring tone right now. That's it's a good feeling. It's a good feeling. It's powerful. See why Chili keeps these things. Every line on hold, You're like, oh, I'm in control. You're trying to call here. Ah, all right, I'm gonna release him, and just like that, every line is ringing though. Ready to do this, Alex, yip, Let's start taking some phone calls.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning, Well hello, who's this he?
Speaker 7: My name is.
Speaker 1: Carlo, Carlo. Do you think Carlo, dude, you got through?
Speaker 2: I mean What was that like when you finally I imagine you called a couple of times and you heard that it was busy, right.
Speaker 9: I called it a ton of times to him, and I'm sod.
Speaker 2: But then you heard it ring and You're like, this is my day, this is my day. This is the day that I get through Carlow.
Speaker 4: It's a bunch of my work.
Speaker 2: No, you're the first caller, dude, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this? Okay, dude looking for calling number ten? Thank you for participating in the fall Guitarist, and what.
Speaker 1: Do we have for you?
Speaker 4: Get inside right now?
Speaker 1: Hello, No, get inside, dude, what are you doing outside?
Speaker 2: Get inside? I'm trying to find turkey out here. Chili does have the video up on Instagram. It's so funny. I've watched it four times. I'm giving it all the hits, all the hits, all the likes. Get to our Instagram at rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Who's this.
Speaker 8: Morgan?
Speaker 1: Hi Morgan, welcome, How are you.
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing wonderful. I think being called a scrub is a good thing. It's not in this case because I don't want scrubs. I don't want to Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hi, Hi, who's this Valerie? Hi, Valerie, welcome, welcome to the Fall guitarvest. You're not gonna have your mommy' I'm behind you anymore. Wipe you little Sorry, we gotta say goodbye to you. Thank you for thank you for playing.
Speaker 4: A drop.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hello, good morning, good morning, later later, little This is Mundo. Mundo.
Speaker 2: I know one of your favorite bands. You You're the one that introduced me to Highly Suspect. I know it's one of your favorite bands. You went on the road to go see them this year. It was a big year for you in this.
Speaker 1: Band't you play with me?
Speaker 5: Don't play with my fee.
Speaker 2: If there's anyone that should have this broken Highly Suspect guitar hanging on the wall, probably be uh be Mundo.
Speaker 1: But good night for the sorry Mundo. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Well, hello, who's this Tiffany, Welcome aboard.
Speaker 2: You got through, so congratulations and now we just got to figure out what number you are. One well, well, in the face, in the face, I mean, Jake Paul didn't even get hit in the face. Why would you hit her.
Speaker 1: In the face. I'm not getting paid forty million. Good Morning Rob Ryan Show. Hello, okay, we'll go to this one. Good morning rob Ryan, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi. Who's this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: This is Brad, and I know I'm definitely not call well, what makes you think that you're way? Because I was listening the ring? Oh really, well, then let's just rip off the band aid here.
Speaker 6: Rip it off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, no, God, please no, no. I think you want to know. You wanted this. I did want it.
Speaker 9: I called over one hundred times already.
Speaker 1: You needed to know Brad. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Good morning, Hello, good morning to you. Who is this? How you get nothing?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Good day? So wow free harsh Albert, have a great day, try to good morning.
Speaker 7: Morning.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this.
Speaker 12: Brad?
Speaker 2: Let's go Wait a minute, that's not the same brand that called earlier. No, sir, oh just the second Brad. Okay, we got a lot of Brad park to a lot of brands, a lot of Josh's one, two three. There was another brand in there somewhere he lost four. We can't deny both brands five six, seven eight.
Speaker 1: Talk you almost listen.
Speaker 10: I got the world m.
Speaker 2: Brad Tesla loves this. Good day, sir, Tesla loves this more than any of us. I'll tell you right now. Everyone thinks that it's my bit. Everyone thinks, oh, Rod, you enjoyed this way too much.
Speaker 1: Mood love this? You love it. You've got nowhere else to go. You love this? Good morning, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hey, what's going on? I don't know, Yo, I don't know. We're discussing how much Tesla loves this bit.
Speaker 4: What's your name? Partner?
Speaker 1: This is Philip, I fill up. We had a couple of pissings from going.
Speaker 9: From New York?
Speaker 1: What really? Where?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm in the Brons.
Speaker 1: Really how'd you find us?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm from Kingwood. Oh, okay, are you up there for work?
Speaker 6: Or are you?
Speaker 1: Did you move? I moved up I'm moved up here.
Speaker 18: So I listened every day.
Speaker 1: We miss you every day. We miss you here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I miss you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, we pissed off a couple of brads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Uh Mundo, great guy, nice guy. He didn't deserve what he got, that's sure. Uh call her number eight. Definitely not happy now.
Speaker 1: I was pissed off. Dude, your call? He ted? No way, I'm ten. Yeah, dude, you call her number ten. Oh my god. Yeah, that's what's up, dude. It's the highly suspect smashed and autographed. It's the only guitar that's kind like this.
Speaker 2: It's a broken we're giving away a broken guitar. But it was used on stage and I did ask listeners. I said, somebody must have a picture of this. I personally don't, but I was at the show. I said, I'm smasher. Somebody must have a picture of them. I know you would want that.
Speaker 4: I want to see it too, Wizard, send us a picture of the smash guitar.
Speaker 2: I'll tweet it out. Well, it's the smash guitar. But is it from the stage.
Speaker 4: It's like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, so yeah yeah put that. Put that on on Twitter and put it on or send it over to me. Uh, dude, congratulations, we're gonna hook you up with that guitar.
Speaker 12: No way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Get someone from Kingwood come pick it up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got my family.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I've been calling for twenty years and never.
Speaker 9: Got through it.
Speaker 1: This is the first time you've been on the show.
Speaker 4: Hell, the first time.
Speaker 1: I get through it some time, first time on the show.
Speaker 7: Yup.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable. It's unbelievable. It's unbelievable or unbelievable. Dude.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, man, hang on for me. I'm sad to see that. I mean, I'm happy that somebody want it, because I don't want that going back in the closet.
Speaker 4: They never give that back.
Speaker 2: Highly suspect goes out the door and filter goes on the wheel of guitar.
Speaker 1: We keep it at fourteen at all times, and tomorrow's the last day. What's the biggest guitar on there? Is it Godsmack? Is it Bush?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 4: Depends on who you like.
Speaker 1: Is it the Black Keys, Scott'stap?
Speaker 2: Maybe those Buzzfest guitars with all the those are the ones, especially if you were at that buzz fast like Buzzfest twenty two is still in play, Buzzfest two two, Buzzfest twenty twenty one is on there because we stop numbering them.
Speaker 1: Those are the two.
Speaker 2: But oh, Busfest twenty three, twenty two and twenty three twenty three's got Godsmack struts. Oh man, there's some good ones on there. One more Day, One more Day of the Fall Guitar.
Speaker 14: Vests Hot Houston's alternative and home of the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz That is sublime?
Speaker 4: What did you just get a flashback of? Tell me, did you get any flashbacks there?
Speaker 1: Alex smoking weed on his uh honeymoon.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: Jacob Noles of course, like best show and just the vibe and yeah, he can really sing and he hits those notes.
Speaker 4: H It was just awesome. And I think of Emma, and I think of Emma.
Speaker 3: Singing every absolute word to every deep cut of a Slow BlimE track.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, the highlight of this year was the twentieth anniversary party. It was just unbelievable and yeah, you're right. Jacob Nole was a true bright spot. Wouldn't get off the stage post play thirty five minutes and the guy played for an hour.
Speaker 1: We're like, dude, wrap it up.
Speaker 3: He also showed up five seconds before he had to go on the stage, so that was cool too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was the wildcard. Good morning, everybody, want to put you in a good mood. We got one more hour together.
Speaker 2: We got a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card and living spaces coming early in the nine o'clock hour, got Google doll tickets Dashboard Confessional opening July seventeenth out in sugar Land.
Speaker 1: I've got those tickets on Know the show. We had no rain to talk about today at all.
Speaker 2: Sunny skies, pies of around seventy tests a one final time Houston's headlights.
Speaker 3: Well, we might be experiencing like delightful weather here, but nearly three hundred thousand homes and businesses are still without power after a bomb cyclone hit the Pacific Northwest this week. At least two people were killed by the storm that slammed into western Washington. One woman died when a tree fell on a homeless encampment north of Seattle, and then another woman was killed when a tree fell onto her home. Here in Texas, there are some pretty big headlines. I'm going to run through them ut Starting next fall, the University of Texas will offer free tuition to undergraduate students whose families make one hundred thousand dollars or less. So that got the free tuition program got preliminary approval, and then Texas also won federal approval for multi billion dollar internet expansion plan.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Texas now has the federal funding to improve broadband internet across the text across Texas access for about seven million state residents who are not connected. So those are kind of the big headlines going around here locally.
Speaker 1: Also, Craft Geese, Oh I Got You Covered.
Speaker 3: Geese is putting out a limited edition Everything Bagel version of their classic mac and Cheese.
Speaker 4: This is apparently something that people wanted specific Please millennials. That's a mix of gen Z and millennials.
Speaker 1: Thank you for walking me through your hair.
Speaker 13: Welcome.
Speaker 3: The special release is happening on Black Friday, but you don't have to brave the crowds.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's only online.
Speaker 3: Everything Bagel, Mac and Cheese will be available on Walmart dot com for a suggested price of one dollars and fifty eight cents. Pre sales open Monday.
Speaker 2: First time I've heard something that is exclusive to Black Friday or a release on Black Friday. Right, we would already have ten fifteen items that we would talk about in the time that I've been here.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: Do you have your eye on anything like for Black Friday. I'm looking at that little green bistle machine. It like cleans upholstery with steam and its supposedly you know, it's a little green monster.
Speaker 4: And then it gets you all clean.
Speaker 1: I have something like that. Okay, if you have a dog, you need something like that, a spot you know, a spot clean?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no I don't.
Speaker 4: And then the dice and hair glow dryer that's like five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: I also want that.
Speaker 3: I know it should be watching for other people, but I think really looking at those are my se My kid.
Speaker 2: Picked one of those up at best Buy. I said, put it down. Okay, you're getting a twenty dollars hair dryer. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Ellen Dedenneres and Portia de Rossi have moved to England and are selling their state in Montecito, California. Sources say it is indeed because of Donald Trump. The keyword here is sources. It isn't official, but it is being reported in multiple news outlets. Ellen and Portie were spotted at a British pub also last week. Supposedly they already have a new home in a region cause called the Cutswolds, which is just two hours away from London.
Speaker 4: This story just reaks the privilege to me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Scott Weiland's son Noah just released a new song called two Nights. We have the track on the music blog Page's accompanied by a low five music video, which features Noah's singing the song in different outdoor locations.
Speaker 4: But let's let's listen to it a little.
Speaker 2: Well, touchdown Ella on the way, I'm a crib and and you were Tek Trump go to Ax. It doesn't sound like he's just trying to do some kind of garage rock thing like his dad.
Speaker 1: It sounds new, it sounds fresh. Get Travis Barker to produce this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, such, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Travis Barker Wheelhouse.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah here.
Speaker 3: So Noah has a debut full length album called Call Jesus, and it's set to arrive sometime next year.
Speaker 4: So those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, what you got?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 5: Rockets got another win last night. They beat the Pacers one thirty to one thirteen. Alpi Shingon had thirty one points a night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 4: Rockets are now eleven and five on the season.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Trailblazers tomorrow night. On Thursday Night Football, we got Miles Garrett and the Cleveland Browns hosting TJ. Watt and the Pittsburgh Stillers, as the Wizard would call them. Steelers are three and a half point favorites heading into this game. Kick Off will be at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Time video. That is what's going on in Sports Houston.
Speaker 18: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Killers in mister Bright's side, Rod Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. Garbage still has a commanding lead. My goodness, they've led all morning long. They have never not led as soon as Chili put the link up. Chili had it up right before six o'clock this morning. Garbage only happy when it rains. Right now, it's got fifty two percent of the vote, Social Distortion twenty six percent of the vote, hum Stars twenty percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: I will say this, it is very low votes today, very very low votes. So I don't know, maybe Garbage wins because the other tunes suck.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just suck?
Speaker 1: I mean, there's not a lot of votes for Garbage. This is I mean those are last weeks.
Speaker 2: Garbage is in first place with the amount of last week's last place saw So that's how low the voting is today.
Speaker 1: It's just the passion is not.
Speaker 2: There for it, right, You can easily manipulated now though, well that means people vote yes, so absolutely so. No one's out of it, even home accounts, even home is not out of it at this point, at this late state in the game nine oh seven, winning song played at nine point thirty, it's unlikely.
Speaker 4: Wisconsinites might be voting in flooding the bugs.
Speaker 2: Now maybe or the people of New York. There's a chance for social distortion to take the lead. Sunny skies, no rain, highs of around seventy. Okay, it's making sense to me now what. It's all coming together. It's all coming together.
Speaker 19: I really love Amy, I really really genuinely love Amy.
Speaker 1: It's engagement season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why are you signed? Why are you sign? What's wrong?
Speaker 1: Because idiots get engaged on holidays? What rod what?
Speaker 3: I'm listening to be fair to you had an engagement that wasn't during the holiday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're here now.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, we are in this. No matter who gets engaged, you have more than a fifty chance.
Speaker 2: Google says that Thanksgiving proposal ideas and Christmas proposal ideas are both trending searches right now.
Speaker 1: This was the time of year that you got engaged because it was the lights at the zoo. It was jo lights. It was not Christmas, it was not it was the holidays, but it was this time of year. There's December fourth early. I really love Emma. I really really love Emma.
Speaker 4: I really really love the zoo too.
Speaker 1: I really love Amy. So Google says these things are trending right now.
Speaker 2: So there's proposal stats here, anything, anything that we need, any tips Alex and making it work?
Speaker 9: Just do it?
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 2: How listen? It is important. It's okay if you want a picture of that moment. There's nothing wrong with it. It's not for the whole world. It's for you and hopefully your children and everything else. It was important for you to capture that on photo, to capture that on film.
Speaker 4: I didn't hire like a postographer.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, But I mean I knew that my brother was going to be there, and he was pretty wise to the fact that, like, hey, I'm gonna propose him, so why don't you step back, We're gonna take a picture.
Speaker 1: And pressure that he must have felt.
Speaker 5: I don't know he didn't if he did, if he had pressure, he didn't seem like he didn't seem nervous about it at all.
Speaker 1: I've never been asked to be the photographer in that moment.
Speaker 5: He was calming me down because I was. I was nervous. Beforehand he had he had held under the ring for me. But then we were just like, hey, let's take pictures in front of this fountain. And him and his girlfriend did that, his now wife, and then when it was our turn to do that. As I hold on, people.
Speaker 1: Are this is what people are googling. How to propose you get.
Speaker 4: On one knee.
Speaker 1: Just don't do it. If you need to google that something and then you ask her to marry.
Speaker 2: People have googled what need do you propose on? Traditionally you're non job. It is your left knee. Traditionally it is your left knee. I don't think it matters at all.
Speaker 3: I'm practicing for when I propose to Travis have.
Speaker 1: To get on a Well, okay, you brought it up. I wasn't going to. You said, you've been with your fella for over a year. Now, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: Well, hang on, you just said you're not getting married or you're not getting married right now, we're.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so Travis has been married before.
Speaker 3: When you're my age, guys like your person you're dating probably has maybe a marriage, maybe even two marriages under their belts. He's like recently divorcing, and I don't think that's a conversation.
Speaker 17: Like I think I want to get married, But then I'm like, do I really want to get the.
Speaker 4: Government involved in my business and my affairs? So me, for me, it's not like a must do. I mean, I like the idea of a party, but it's not this this list.
Speaker 1: Don't do it because you want to have a party. Please, It's not like.
Speaker 3: This bucket list thing like I need to get married, like my you I am, depends on me getting married.
Speaker 4: That's not how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's for the party, just have a party.
Speaker 3: And for him, you know, like fresh opping and divorced, I'd be like asking you, like a fresh opredeurs, hey when are.
Speaker 4: You getting married again? Run like hey, what's up with? Like it's not running back real yeah, Like is that a conversation you want to have?
Speaker 1: So fresh?
Speaker 4: Cause what I'm saying so it's you know, that's that's my stitch.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy for people who want that, and like really they know they want it, and they're and and they're building up the hype to like get down on one nee and do the proposal thing. Like I still feel like super excited for people that are doing that.
Speaker 2: People are googling what to say when proposing? When to propose? Now, I don't know if that means like when, like how long or the time of day? What time of day was it?
Speaker 1: The evening for you is night? You had the lights on already, Yeah it was zoo light night time, zoo lights.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if you're looking like what to say other than like will you marry me?
Speaker 5: Like you got you gotta figure that out on your own self, Like the Internet is not going to just come up with like don't try and AI generate, Hey, this is what you mean to me?
Speaker 1: Actually, not about I didn't have anything cool to say. He was like, I really love you and we've been together forever. I'm gonna marry me. Pretty much.
Speaker 19: It was this guy said I really love Amy, I really really genuinely love Amy.
Speaker 4: He tried to duprough with a pine cover and then she said, what.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's engagement season.
Speaker 4: Happy engagement season, everyone.
Speaker 10: No, Yes, holidays, the actual holiday, because it's.
Speaker 1: Legally binding if you do it on the holiday. Who got in trouble Mario Williams.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're talking about like it's a gift, like she thought she said it was a Christmas gift and then he couldn't get it back.
Speaker 4: Okay, that yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: Mario Williams.
Speaker 2: Mario Williams famously gave his chick an engagement ring on Christmas or Christmas Eve or whatever. But it was definitely linked to the holiday. And when it didn't work out and they it wasn't like he asked for it. They got They didn't married, the engagement didn't The engagement didn't work out.
Speaker 4: I think that's different.
Speaker 1: So that is that there is an implication that it's like this ring means that we're getting married. They did not get married. He wanted the ring back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Now it wasn't just like this isn't I love Amy. This is like a ten million dollar ring she's wearing. She's wearing a house on her hand, nfl money. Not that Amy didn't get great. She she went to court and said this was a present, This was not a contractual ring. Because a judge will look at that and say, hey, there's an there's a reasonable understanding here that we're gonna the ring means you're gonna get married. And if you don't get married, then it didn't work out. Okay, she said it was a gift, so I don't know how that worked out. But that's the that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And when it's a holiday, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I gotta pull the old partner on him, like I really like I have to say it, like, well, dude, she's a better partner. Oh my uh girlfriend, Oh, that's kind of on you. I'm just gonna victim. That's what I did.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't, like, I feel weird like if you do follow it through and you do get married, because like I I would just like just keep it. I don't I don't want to deal with it anymore. Like I would not try and fight to get the ring back.
Speaker 4: At this point, it's like you're paying for the problems to go away.
Speaker 1: I know that, Like you will spend a lot of money.
Speaker 5: And if it's like a family airlim, I think that's probably a little bit different. But yeah, because it was like that was my grandma's Holocaust ring. Okay, it's a whole discussion, right different, Yeah, you're right, Yeah, you're right. Okay, you got something to give away?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I have a two hundred and fifty dollars gift cards at living Space.
Speaker 1: This living Space.
Speaker 3: There's a brand new Living Spaces vacation in Babe Brook Mall and friends would learn more and living spaces dot com.
Speaker 2: Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo. Call her ten seven, one, three, two, nine, four five.
Speaker 18: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The.
Speaker 6: Rod Ra Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five a buzz.
Speaker 1: Let's go ninety four to five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Come on, let's go over to the folks here. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is Casey your caller number ten. Congratulations. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We messed with people earlier on the show. We can't mess with everybody here, can't mess with Casey. Casey, tell me what she's one.
Speaker 3: Casey gets two hundred and fifty dollars to spend it living Space save.
Speaker 4: Whoo whoa whoa wa who congratulations.
Speaker 6: This is a great so excited, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for you. Let me know how the couches look. I gotta get a new couch.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Food needs a new couch.
Speaker 2: Voodoo does not need it. I need a new couch that my dog will not be allowed on. Ever, That's what I need in my life. Casey, enjoy shopping.
Speaker 1: Okay, appreciate it.
Speaker 18: Guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. We'll have a great day. I will have a great day.
Speaker 12: Online it's Alex Online ninety four five, the muzz a, dude, what you got from?
Speaker 1: Sure? My sound is off? Okay.
Speaker 4: Today's aol is called swear Sky.
Speaker 5: The new social media platform that came out is called blue Sky, and someone has already created a website that tracks the profanity people use in real time.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're at work, maybe put some headphones in or just mute it.
Speaker 5: Then you just click start and in real time when people are cursing on blue Sky as they post things at curse words, and it doesn't say what they what they're talking about. It just posts the curse words that they use and you just see it pop up in little little bubbles in the sky.
Speaker 4: Pretty fine, uh, swear Sky check.
Speaker 1: It out today.
Speaker 4: World Finished, rod ryanshowpages the bus dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm looking at the voting here.
Speaker 2: Garbage pretty commanding lead. It's got almost fifty percent of the votes.
Speaker 1: There three songs. You do the math that's probably gonna wint.
Speaker 6: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Bus Lincoln Park Lost rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's nine thirty one, no rain, sunny skies, pies of around seventy okay to the shock of no One. Hum Stars twenty two percent of the vote. In a long distance one. I was Matthew from Wisconsin listening on the iHeart app. Sorry, bro, we tried.
Speaker 1: I like that song.
Speaker 2: Social Distortion twenty eight percent of the vote. Garbage only happy when it rains forty nine point five to three percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Winner, Mom, it's so bad Thursday. Whatever the hell man is, here's your throwback Thursday. Winner on ninety four to five The Bus. I'm only happy when it rains.
Speaker 8: I'm only happy when it come street and no one know. You can't app s I'm only heavy winnra.
Speaker 1: Yeah when that.
Speaker 5: Why it feels so good?
Speaker 1: It feels so sad.
Speaker 8: I don't only have the wolds, never.
Speaker 3: Ever hold me.
Speaker 17: The me.
Speaker 1: I'm only happy win away you can as it's a sad, sad song.
Speaker 13: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I smile and a god my only comb then go black. I didn't have to the jail. You otherly have the war.
Speaker 2: You got the message back the charman.
Speaker 1: When a complete about the happy Winnows?
Speaker 13: You want to hear about my news session?
Speaker 1: Honestly, how about the seeds to question? I'm a happy.
Speaker 18: Show celebrating twenty years on ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The bus.
Speaker 2: That's that ninety four or five, the bus blinkin eighty two and I miss you rod Ryan show garbage before that. I'm only happy when it rains. Landslide victory, landslide victory. I feel like they've got a pretty good winning percentage when they're on throwback Thursday, sunny skies Today, no rain heighs of around seventy Alex, did you add that filter guitar to the wheel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wieled that.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 1: I heard, I heard, I.
Speaker 2: Got an email from the dude that won the guitar. He's like, Rod, I'm so happy. I've been listening to the show for such a long time. Yeah, I'm so happy, he said, he's going to send somebody from King king Wood to pick up the guitar.
Speaker 1: Family here perfect. He's so excited.
Speaker 2: It was the broken I've still got to put it up on our stories. I have it so you guys can see it. It's so cool. It was used on stage. It was the one guitar that was on the wheel that's been on the wheel since day.
Speaker 1: One, that was used in a concert in one of our shows.
Speaker 2: We asked the guys, you know, you want to play it a little bit, because you know, Johnny is Johnny. He's like, well, let's play it a little bit, let's get it up on stage. So he played it and then of course he broke it right. And then he's like, now we'll sign it, and it's it's the only guitar.
Speaker 1: Of its kind. It went out today.
Speaker 4: He's so chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was a guitar that went out today.
Speaker 2: So filter goes on. There's a couple of Buzzfest guitars. Hardy, Godsmack, Scott's Stapp was recently added. This first twenty three has Godsmack on it. Black Keys, no one's even come near it. Ghost Bush has been on there since day one as well. One more day, right, Tomorrow's Friday. That's it, Yeah, dud, one more day of the fall guitar guitarvest. What a fall season here on The Rod Ryan Show. Then we're off next week and then we come back and then today was big today as well. This morning was big at Homeroom double O SEVN Sean Connery spoiler alert, he got the job done.
Speaker 1: He won today. Sixteen people in the bracket for the Fresh.
Speaker 2: Out of Mad Head to Head Tournament of Champions will not start tomorrow, Alex.
Speaker 1: When does the tournament start Monday? When you return? All right? Testing your friend's Planet Fitness have been the sponsor all year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool, so said A one thousand dollars check and a year membership to Planet Fitness going to the winner of the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 3: Hey, that sets you up so good for the new year. You got a gym membership over forty area Planet Fitness locations, and then you get the thousand bucks to you know, help you pay for all the money you spent on Christmas.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow seven twenty new music from Three Days Grace, and you're gonna hear it all day on Friday the Buzz, We're gonna be playing this new song.
Speaker 1: It's called may Day. You can hear it every other hour.
Speaker 2: So Matt Walst is the singer on the song, but also Adam Gontier sings on the song because they have two lead singers now, so song drops at midnight. So I think Allie's gonna have it tonight at eleven o'clock and then we'll have it at seven twenty tomorrow on the show. We'll listen to it together. I'll try to refrain from listening to it so that we can all hear it together. We'll take the calls and do all of that fun stuff.
Speaker 1: What are we giving away?
Speaker 3: I know the show, so I've left a pair of tickets to see the Google Dolls. Now, the tickets to this show don't go on tal until tomorrow after the show at ten am at livenation dot com. But we got win him before you can buy him tickets to Google Dolls. It's smart financial, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll have a question for you on the Flip Houston's Rock, Houston's alf Sarentative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Boss Welcome Back, rod Ryan Show. I'm fifty two. Okay timed it out perfectly.
Speaker 9: Hit it.
Speaker 1: La La la la la la la la la la la la La Google Dolls dashboard confessional.
Speaker 2: All our friends are on one stage, July seventeenth, Smart Financial Center at sugar Land.
Speaker 1: Tickets on sale tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We like giving your tickets before they go on sale. We're gonna do that right now. What's your question?
Speaker 6: What song did?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So, there was a song that won pretty big at the CMA's last night, that Michael Bublay.
Speaker 1: I didn't play any Michael Bublay today.
Speaker 3: Now, but that rod tried to get in rotation here at the Buzz and it won pretty big at the CMA's last night.
Speaker 4: Tell me the song and I'll give you the Goo Goo dolls.
Speaker 1: Tics can't always get what you want.
Speaker 4: You cannot You try some.
Speaker 9: If you do, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Might get it, like you need, give what you need?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What song that I try to get in regular rotation here on this station, and you guys listening to the show would not have it.
Speaker 1: You were wrong, and I'm still mad about it. It was a true low light. Thanks for bringing that up.
Speaker 2: A true low light of twenty twenty four rock. I was just talking about what a great year it's been. Oh yeah, I forgot that turn happened seven one, three, two five for three glorious days.
Speaker 1: I played this song rod Ryan.
Speaker 12: He likes big breass and he cannot live happy Thanksgiving. From The rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five The buzz.
Speaker 2: Hi Here we Go, ninety four five The Buzz Squeezer Say it Ain't So rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Instagram Thursday was your number one link today? A lot of people checking out testa this new drink video. Alex has a new podcast out there. We'll get into some of that before we get out of here. Weather wise and getting out outdoors today, it is absolutely going to be brilliant, no rain, sunny skies, high of seventy much like we like we saw yesterday. Man, just a beautiful, beautiful day to get outside.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go peas an now. Time for know this show on four. La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 10: La la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Hey, Hey, who's this. My name is Blake, Blake, Welcome to the show. How are you doing? Good?
Speaker 2: Good to have you on the show today. This is the no the show segment. Tessa has a question for you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Hey, So last night a song one pretty big at the CMA's. Rod tried to get it played on here and everyone was like, pissed off at him?
Speaker 4: What song am I talking about?
Speaker 2: White Horses by Chris Taplekan For three days, Blake, for three days, I tried to get this song played.
Speaker 1: I played it in his entirety.
Speaker 2: We didn't talk over it, and I just said, guys, give it a listen, listen with an open mind.
Speaker 1: This is a rock song. Everyone denied me. Blake went a Country Music Awards. It did best. Do you want to be You don't like to be putting the box?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying you don't like to be put in a box? I don't, Okay, I'll tell you this year. I had the CMA's playing in the background yesterday. We probably should have talked about this on the show today. Tessa asked me when I came in. When she came in, She's like, did you watch last night? I said, I had it on. There was some artist up there. It was a full on rock song, flames everything.
Speaker 1: It was aw I mean it was. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was not Shabboozy. Chaboozy was mellow. I watched him too, and he was snubbed.
Speaker 1: There was more rock that award.
Speaker 2: Show than any other award show, not more than far was the Peyton Manning Factor by far Blake, you're the winner today.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. What do you give them?
Speaker 4: Bake like you're gonna get this. He gets to go see the Googoo dolls at Smart Financial. Congratulations, Thank you guys, bro Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, our brackets are intact. Congratulations, thank you, sixteen person bracket. Now tomorrow we will play the Fresh out of Bad Head to Head Challenge. But guess what, We'll put a prize in there and all that good stuff. But it's just one game for funzies. Then we're on Thanksgiving break, then we come back Tournament of Champions. Okay, Sean Connery, Congratulations, he beat David. Tomorrow, We've got just a game with a great prize in there. Okay, Thank you to all the words submitters today. Chilly, I don't know Alex won, right, Alex won fresh out of Dad?
Speaker 1: Or I'm sorry the Alex didn't read my lips.
Speaker 4: But he was just chill about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Throwback Thursday, great job voting today, fix to gram number one, link Tessa's drink video.
Speaker 1: Guitarst too oh guitarist Yeah yeah yeah. Tomorrow is the last day of guitarvest Man.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 1: I can never spend that wheel again. Hardy's the guitar hert is the country guy. Are you mad that he's on the wheel? I have no comments.
Speaker 4: I'll probably spend it tomorrow. You people for the last day.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 3: This is Rock's Rocks All Deer.
Speaker 6: There there.
Speaker 2: No Michael but Blake Today on the show, Thank God, Fanny Friday Tomorrow, Free beer Friday, Open phones Friday Tomorrow, the final day of Guitarvist eight twenty. Will spin the wheel Tomorrow we give away a trip to California.
Speaker 1: To our alter ego show.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah Chili. Usually he'll backload that on the end of the show.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet the show all right, non stop Nooter with Jeremy's up next tomorrow at seven to twenty, we'll play brand new We're gonna fit all this in tomorrow, brand new musical from three days Grace.
Speaker 1: Okay, you promise we can fit it all in I will find a way all right, new past the gravy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Roman Empire, being a chill guy.
Speaker 5: We're talking Rainforest, Cafe, powering are the best places to bleed out?
Speaker 1: It's awesome? Yet is it as awesome as the song?
Speaker 4: Better have a million?
Speaker 1: Better than the song of the Year?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: At Rob Ryan's Show on All Socials.
Speaker 2: That Turkey in the Friar video is on our Throwback Thursday. It's on our Instagram at Rob Ryan Show. Are you following us on Instagram? At Rob Ryan's Show? You should be tested on Houston Life today.
Speaker 1: At one o'clock. Guys, we're on a twenty hour break stick around man. Jeremy's awesome. Amf h. Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous ron ryanshowpage at the buzz dot com.