Speaker 1: You're listenings KPI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f Bill Handle. It is a Tuesday morning, June twenty four. Quick word about this Saturday, and I am going to be m seeing a concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and it's the La Lawyers Philharmonic and Legal Voices people in the legal profession, judges, pair of leegals, attorneys and they're in the orchestra and these world class musicians that decided they're going to make a living instead of going into music. And you got some great pieces that are going to be played, and please join me. I'm in a tuxedo once a year and I make an ass out of myself every day, including Saturday night. So go to La lawyersphil dot org. It's La Lawyers phil is in Philharmonic, La Lawyers phil dot org. Ticket start at just twenty bucks and it is a benefit, so great fun. I'd love to see you there. Now. The decision to attack Iran we're talking about by the United States was made, of course by the president, and we now know when it was made specifically and where it was made specifically. So President Trump goes every weekend to one of his golf courses and his resorts. He takes a weekend off and he is flying over all these great houses. That neighbor is New Jersey Golf Club. This was Saturday when he made his decision. It was a board Marine one is where he did this. So he's going He's on Marine one and he's going to an airport near I think it's New Bedford, and he receives a call from Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Hexseith's it's time to make a final decision. Either you move forward with the US strikes on Iran or abort the mission. And he decided right there a board Marine one. He had grown convinced that diplomacy alone was not going to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon. He gives heccess the green light and says, you do it. It's not the president orders. The president orders the Defense Secretary to go forward. That's the same thing when the president orders the bomb to be dropped. It's not like he presses a button. He tells the Defense Secretary, who then informs the Chief of Staff, and it goes through the military. There are a couple of three levels of dropping the big one, so it does go through levels. And so hours later after we made the decision, the B two bombers took off from their base in Missouri, thirty six hour flight back and forth. Yeah, it's you know, where do the pilots pee? Is there a bathroom aboard the B two? There is, yeah, and many fridges and a microwave. Do they sleep? I think there are only two pilots. Do they take turns? You can't go thirty six hours straight? I don't know that they must. Yeah, they have to in the meantime. And they go there, and they go over the target and drop the bomb, and you're done and goodbye. And this was the culmination of a week of behind the scenes double ration deliberations. And we know what happened as a result of the bombing, And now we don't know how much destruction. How much damage was done to those nuclear facilities in Iran. The president has said it was completely they were completely destroyed. CNN questioned whether they were completely destroyed, saying, we really don't know. The analysis hasn't come back. I don't know if Aran will ever admit how much damage was done to those underground facilities. The President this morning. I was watching this live as he was boarding Marine one to go to Andrews to get up board Air Force one to fly to over to NATO, which is on the plane right now. Laid into CNN for questioning his statements about total destruction, I mean laid into CNN. And he laid into both the Iraq and Israel in terms of the violation of the quote truce that has been put into place, and it is I've never seen him that mad. I mean, he was screaming and reference to Israel and Iran, he said, they don't know what the f they're doing saying it. And so yeah, he's not happy at all with any of it right now, and he's insisting on peace. I think he's gonna win. I think he's gonna he is going to prevail on this one. And then the issue is, and this is the Democrats and Massey and a few others saying we should not get involved in foreign wars. Fair enough, you know, we have to. We're America first. Trump ran on, we're America first, and we are not going to be engaged in any foreign controversy, certainly in any foreign conflict. But what they're saying Adam Schiff, who is a California centator right now, said we saw no evidence that Iran had made the decision to build a bomb or was actually affirmatively building the mechanism, which takes time, you know, ignoring the fact that they have been processing uranium for years, and what the intelligence says is they have reached the point that it's sixty percent pure. It has to be ninety percent pure to create a bomb, and they were just within days or weeks of successfully doing that with the centrifuges that were particularly in fod Row photo. I always get that screwed up, and it was the only reason you would go to that kind of purity. Even sixty percent purity is on the way to make a bomb. There is no other reason. Iran insists that it's all for peaceful purposes. You need two to three percent purity of uranium to use in reactors for peaceful purposes. There is no other reason. And Shiff is saying they haven't yet decided that they were going to physically put together the pieces, not just start manufacturing the pieces, just put together the pieces. What the hell are you talking about? Really? You know, this looks like a nuclear duck. It walks like a nuclear duck, and it certainly is a nuclear duck. And these people are saying, oh, no, the decision hasn't been made, we should not get involved. Now there is a constitutional issue. Did the president have the power under the War Powers Act? And should the president have gone to Congress to ask permission? And presidents have and have not over the years. It's interesting that Adam Schiff and the other Democrats are not laying into Obama for having made a decision without going to Congress. But hey, since it's a Republican why they hell not. But the point is that Trump, and I think right, he has said we cannot, under any circumstances let Iran have a nuclear weapon, and Netanyahu has been pushing and pushing and pushing for that and saying exactly the same thing. Now, during this whole course, as it was hemming and hauling and we didn't know which way Trump was going to go, he was already in touch with Natanyahu. They were already on the way behind the scenes. Do they serve lunch on Marine One? I think I think they serve they can serve a box lunch, because I don't think you know, there's a they can cook up food. They can't on air Force One just occurred to me, Okay, decided to go there coming up. Uh, the biggest tool that Iran has is not the bomb. No, there's something else. What if it shuts down global oil? How does it do that? Well, you've heard about the Strait of Horror Moves. And if you look at a map, a world map, you will see this little strait in which it is sort of the water curves the ocean curves. North is Iran, the south of it is Oman and the Emirates. And this corridor of water is about thirty one miles wide and that's it. That's where the world. Twenty percent of the world's oil flows through it, and it's deep enough for the biggest oil tankers in the world. In the first half of twenty twenty three, twenty million barrels of oil went through the Straits of Horror Moves per day, twenty million barrels. And the oil comes from not only Iran, but from a rock Kuwait cutter, Saudi Arabia, the Emirates. And what's the worst case scenario If Iran does decide that's going to do something pretty serious. If the attacks continue, which right now look pretty good, although the truth is very tentative at this point. Well, the head of I six told the BBC there's the worst case scenario and that is the blockade of the Strait by Iran, which could blockade now it hasn't and it never has because all of a sudden it puts the world in an economic turmoil and at that point the Western world becomes an enemy of Iran. That is a big, big move. Would they do that maybe as a last resort Israel, for example, which has no oil. And this is where one of the issues where you know, God and the chosen people. I've always questioned God choosing the Israelites because as Moses leaves Egypt leading the Jewish people, God has Moses turn left to where there is no oil instead of turning right where it's full of oil. Can you imagine the Jews having oil and controlling the world market for oil. It would be a different world, it really would, Okay, I digress. In the meantime, if Iran were to try and block three thousand ships go through the Straits every month, and they can do it. All they have to do is mine the straits only thirty one miles and you can easily mine those straits. I mean, Ron has a very sophisticated navy. These are fast boats that it has. They have anti ship missiles, they have a range of service, surface vessels, submersible craft, submarines. You know Israel has a submarine fleet. Did you know that out in the Mediterranean they have six subs? Just thought I tell you that, And it is you know, the authorities, those people know are thinking that this is would be so devastating. By the way, Iran has repeatedly threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz in past conflicts, but it never has followed through because it knows what would happen if it did. So what has happened as a result of their threats over and over again, oil exporting countries in that entire region are developing alternative export roots pipelines actually that move the oil. But the pipelines don't come close to the number of ships or the of oil that can be produced and moved. It is is it going to happen? Only last resort. But one of the things about the Iranians, and they have a history of this, and one of the things that Iran in declaring victory over this war, declaring victory over the United States and over Israel. Of course, because they've won the war is that there has not been an inch of Iranian land taken from the country in all of the wars in recent history. Therefore, between that and the truce, what does that mean they've won the war. They've already announced that on television State run TV. We have succeeded. We have forced the Israelis into a truce because we have complete victory. Okay, sure, why not now that happens on a regular basis. Nineteen sixty seven, the sixty seven war, six Day War, the the Egyptians said that they have taken out the Israeli air force, and their planes were in the air and successfully fighting off the Israeli air force coming in and attacking. There was not one Egyptian plane that made it off the runway. Every one of them were destroyed by the air force. But in the Arab world, we win, you know, our army is wiped out, our air force is wiped out. Iran has its nuclear facilities decimated, its anti missile all of its defenses gone. Israel has complete superiority on the air, can bomb anything it wants and it can't be stopped. But Iran has won. They've declared victory. Man, don't you love it? Okay? Now, one of the things about immigration, the Ice folks, is they're picking up people like crazyationally. The announcement from the president was it went from We're going to deport eleven million people. Okay, how's that for possible? And then only the bad guys. Only people were looking for the criminals, the real bad guys. Stephen Miller, who is a real conservative and an advisor to the president, is a big fan of picking up as many people as possible, and he wanted three thousand people a day picked up. Well, bad guys. You have to look for the people at car washes. You just go there and pick them up. The folks at home depot, those casual labors, those Hispanic guys who simply want to work for moderate wages and do casual labor. That's easy to pick up. And that's what's going on. And these really aggressive immigration raids, and the federal agents are masked, they're using unmarked vehicles. Big problems for both law enforcement local law enforcement, and how is that. Well, local law enforcement has been working and dealing with local communities and trying to put together a relationship. And because some of these ice agents have police written on the back of their jackets, people are conflating them and all of a sudden, it's the local police that are picking people up, and they don't know. No one knows the difference. In Bell last week, mass men arrive at a car wash and begin detaining workers. They're in a confrontation with residents and rights advocates, immigration rights advocates. They were forced to leave the immigration folks. I mean they were driving over curbs and islands to get out. Pasadena last week, a man steps out of his unmarked car at an intersection, takes out his pistol, aims it at a group of pedestrians before returning to the car. And then he turns on the red and blue emergency lights emergency lights on his car, and off he goes. And there was video of that, and so people got his driver's license is a license plate A let's find out. Well, guess what couple things. Federal agents are not subject to the same controls as local police. A policeman harasses you and arrests you without probable cause. I mean that cop is in trouble. A federal agent is immune can basically do whatever the hell he or she wants. By the way, they track down that license plate and you know what they found. It was a cold plate. Is does that mean it's untraceable and typically used by law enforcement in undercover criminal operations. You can't trace it, and that's what the Feds are using. There is effectively what people are saying. As these federal agents show up as who are these guys, they're not clearly delineated. Most of the time, they don't show warrants. They just pick up people, detain them, question them, forget about probable cause. Can you imagine local cops stopping someone simply because the color of his or her skin. They're immune, and so people are pretty upset about it. To say the least, they wear vests. That's very funny. Karen Bess, is something really interesting about the vests that a lot of them were wearing the bulletproof vests said, these look like you can buy these on Amazon. They're so cheesy. So we're going to see we have gone from let's arrest and deport the bad guys to well, if you are hispanic, you know a lot of people I mean you look at look at the parking lots of the home depots, look at the car washes, and see how many people are there and not showing up to work. A story of food that I want to bring Neil into and that is there is a state that did not grow tomatoes which is now growing tomatoes, Florida. And why are the Florida tomatoes becoming more and more prevalent. Well because a twenty one percent tariff into against Mexican tomatoes start. It's July four, and so here is Florida's tomato industry. The guy who owns Litman Family Farms, one of the largest growers of tomatoes in the United States, even he admits the mediocrity of Florida feel grown tomatoes. Don't expect the red, ripened, the vine ripe and tomatoes our grandparents grew. We've got to get tomato from i Milaukee, Florida to Saint Louis and your grandma's tomato wouldn't make it. So you got to make choices. So that means breeding tomatoes not for flavor, but for survivability against disease insects, shipping Florida weather, heat, and another thing that some tomatoes are bread for just to fit that hamburger patty perfectly. So Neil, I have eaten tomatoes that are grown locally off of farms, and it is a world of difference. Why why do people put up with that kind of crap?
Speaker 2: You know, the points that you made are so American that we're breeding them not for flavor, because keep in mind, sugar is something that attracts bacteria, So when they're creating these tomatoes and breeding them, they're pulling out things like sugar so they don't attract the bugs, which changes the flavor, the sweetness and all of those things. They also, like you pointed out, want them to be able to travel. So the more that you start tinkering with these things, the more you are changing, you know, soils, you're genetically modifying these things. You just get something that looks like a tomato and that's it, basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not very flavorful. That rich tomato flavor you don't get from tomatoes. How about the vine ripen tomatoes that you get in the store with the little you know, the vine part of it.
Speaker 2: I still think they're garbage personally, So you are better off. And I tell people this on the fork port all the time. You're better off getting a canned tomato that was came from somewhere else, that was picked at its prime and put into a can. Then you are getting what looks like a fresh tomato on the vine that is basically tasteless or maybe even mealy or something like that. I can't stand the flavorless tomatoes that are out there, and they used to be more seasonal. So now what they're trying to do is keep them in season. And you're throwing a lot of a lot of You're putting a lot of boxes that need to be checked travel pesticides, the appearance to keep the skins them looking good. You're substituting that for flavor.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you talk about cant tomatoes, which I've ever done. Don't they get mushy? Uh? Where you're getting like a real mush tomato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not something you're gonna slice and put on a you know, it's not something you're gonna put on a sand burger, okay, or even a burger. But for making a sauce, absolutely okay. You you uh, the Italian tomatoes are going to be just wonderful in a can and the ones that you're getting the on vine and all that stuff there, A lot of them are just garbage.
Speaker 1: Well, how about when you buy tomato sauce or a pizza sauce or you know, just a pasta sauce. Well kind of tomatoes are used in.
Speaker 2: Those sand marzano the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know whatever, ragu or no, that's that's that You're going to uh A a traditional Italian tomato.
Speaker 2: Like the sand barzana there.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the tomato itself. That is the one you want. Yes, all right, So if I buy a cheap bottle of prey Go tomato sauce, am I getting good tomatoes?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know exactly what's in there, but there's so many preservatives and salt and all this other stuff in there. But yes, any true Italian sauce or gravy, if you will, is going to be those traditional tomatoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I was looking.
Speaker 2: You can find them on Amazon, I get you know, if you can't find them in your grocer, you can find them at a local Italian shop or on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Even I was looking forward today to a tomato sandwich with lettuce and mayonnaise on wonderbread. There's just something about that. A Florida tomato sandwich. We'll be back. Heirloom.
Speaker 2: You go to your local farmer's market, get a good tomato.
Speaker 1: Okay, kfi, I am sixty. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app