Speaker 1: All right, news Radio eight forty whas we're counting down, baby, people are starting to come in. It is a free lunch Friday at my happy place. Grill Master Supply and the fireplace hog Fathers are here. The coals are hot, the grills are burning, and we are preparing.
Speaker 2: There's Larry Smith right there, one of the hog Fathers.
Speaker 1: We are preparing Ribbi sandwiches and broad worst and more.
Speaker 2: Come on by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was I was thinking that what do we else we have besides the rib By burgets.
Speaker 2: It's a surprise.
Speaker 4: Oh about surprise closet.
Speaker 2: That's a dollary in thank you.
Speaker 1: Come on by, Grill Masters Supply, fireplace, free lunch, same shopping center as Roosters.
Speaker 2: Ten four zero eight Shelby Bill. All Right.
Speaker 3: I just saw pulling in and eatling and Eland signed down the street. Someone's smart using them.
Speaker 2: One percent commission rate, folks, one percent commission rate. There's no hackening. That's the deal.
Speaker 3: They've been doing it for about seven years. They've been around for forty. Call Phil at five nine nine, twenty eight hundred. Let's get it done today and keep the equity.
Speaker 2: In your home.
Speaker 1: I am extremely tired, a little bit hungover from last night.
Speaker 2: We went to look, I don't am I pulling it off?
Speaker 1: No, okay, went to a appreciation dinner hosted by Danny Wimmer last night. Appreciation of who well or what Danny Wimmer has signed on for ten more years beyond?
Speaker 2: Is that a I thought that information was embargoed.
Speaker 3: It might be Oh lord, good job, as I call you the Blonde Labradory.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll tell this story on Monday. Do it now? You've already We were at cat Is, out of back. We were out of the h.
Speaker 1: Cervice last night with with Danil Wimmer. Uh, celebrating a big announcement. We have no idea what that is, but it should be coming some point today around two o'clock.
Speaker 2: So what happened?
Speaker 3: I know you you have professed your love to this man for so many years.
Speaker 2: Uh was it awkward?
Speaker 1: A little bit awkward for him, not for me? Uh, but you know, Uh, there was an awkward fifteen minute hug. Might have been a little bit droll on his shoulder, was slobberries crying that I met Danny Wimmer. But this place service have you ever been that? Where's that at the Highlands?
Speaker 2: This place is amazing? Uh? It was mostly you had tequila. What did everybody else have? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Everybody else had bourbon and beer. I was the only one that had.
Speaker 3: I was making an alcoholic everyone else ate food.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they had guacamali, the best guacamole.
Speaker 2: I've ever had. They had uh, you know, like faheata steaks. You know.
Speaker 1: They had for dessert the ice cream. There was chocolate shaped in the shell of an avocado skin, Yes, like an avocolo had been split, you know, and the skin was chocolate, the green was avocado ice cream. And they had a chocolate seed for the avocado seed.
Speaker 3: I don't want anything to do with avocado ice cre It was no, it was delicious.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I've never been to a dinner where they take the spoon and then they hit the glass and do the ding ding ding ding ding d d d and then make a speech. You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, never been to one of these dinners. Last night, Danny Weimmer.
Speaker 2: Did its a very good.
Speaker 1: And he made a speech all right. Then he sat down. The room got quiet, and then a guy by the name of John McCarthy, who was very instrumental in this, he stood up and he went.
Speaker 2: You know where it's going.
Speaker 3: This is the list of you know who in the straw it stirs the drink. In this situation, it's Stephen.
Speaker 2: Stephen is the guy. So he made a toes. He said down.
Speaker 3: They got quiet for like, oh you didn't know you did, my poor wife?
Speaker 2: Oh no, So the third one is always the payoff of r is it. Yeah? So I started dinging my glass ding ding, ding, ding ding ding, and my wife just hung her head. She said nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 1: And everybody looked at me, the entire table, and it's a who's who of everybody stayed in the city. They look at me, and I went, oh, I'm sorry. I was just trying to get my tequila to settle, and so everybody laughed, and then Danny goes, no, seriously say something.
Speaker 3: Oh, and my wife said, no, how many tequilas.
Speaker 1: At this point I was okay, there were doubles and I was five doubles in, So what's that ten that's tend to us in.
Speaker 3: That's hence the reference to alcoholism a few minutes ago.
Speaker 2: That's so. I so, I you know.
Speaker 1: I said something blah blah blah whatever I said down, and I said.
Speaker 2: No, you know what, because Mary Greenberg was there with his wife Rachel. Mind you, Gus. Here, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Let's just table this first, right, because this guy is responsible for building the biggest raw concert in the country and keeping it in Louisville.
Speaker 5: Two of them, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bourbon and beyond allowed in life and in the balance is your tend tequila in toast?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But it's almost what could go here? So Morgan McGarvey flew in from Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: To be there.
Speaker 1: Craig and Rachel Greenberg were there, David Beck, the guy that runs all of Kentucky venues.
Speaker 2: It was Who's who who?
Speaker 1: They sit you with you for whatever reason, they set me on the far end, on the very far end, away from everybody. So anyway, I did the ding dang. He asked me to speak and I said, I sat down. They thought it was over.
Speaker 2: I went, no, you know what, and then my wife hung her head again.
Speaker 1: I said, Danny, if I could speak for the mayor, and I think I can, and then went on to speak for the mayor.
Speaker 3: Now, Gus, mind your story.
Speaker 2: It's a true story. When I said if I could speak for the mayor, either way, We'll just get this out in the open.
Speaker 3: We are the favorite show of Craig Greenberg and his wife Rachel right send it on several occasions goes there is no show like we do love doing your show.
Speaker 2: That is the truth. So there's no there's some truth to that. But Gus understand dwights.
Speaker 3: Burger room because Dwight's in the room because of his wife. The leg there's no question, no connection between your evening show on QMF.
Speaker 2: No. No.
Speaker 1: The reason I was there is because a lot of people were working really hard to keep Danny Wimmer in this city.
Speaker 2: With this two festivals, they're going to stay away from you. No, that too. There was a lot of people shielding Danny from me.
Speaker 1: But my wife passed a bill that gave tax credits because this thing bourbon and beyond and louder in life. You would not believe the hundreds of millions of tax revenue this brings in. It's like a Kentucky Derby number two.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always thought we'd bring back one hundred point five of the Fox, and we should just because of those concerts here morning. Everywhere I go, some people they bring it up.
Speaker 2: You know, you go in there.
Speaker 1: You stop kicking. It's accident. Well, don't cross your legs my way, Susan, cross them that way.
Speaker 2: You like my kicks? Those are really cool? Yeah, I bought them on Chien. We're those guinees Chinese government. Were those left over from the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 3: That's back in, dude, the eighties and n actually, nineties they're back.
Speaker 2: That's back. There's nineties. That's back in. You had a pair like this, so shut your face in the nineties. Okay, come on by grill Masters Supply Middletown. In Middletown.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's where we're at free Lunch Friday. It's Rebi burgers. They've taken Ribbi steaks, ground them into burgers. We've got Rabbi burgers and bought wors.
Speaker 2: What's that? Yes, mister ask gus a question.
Speaker 3: What what could you possibly do to fill the time that you're not.
Speaker 2: Going to be doing a twenty four hour day Saturday for thunder over Louisville. What could you do? You think you'll be able to find something?
Speaker 6: Oh, my gosh, flood clean up up. I think I can probably find some What will you be doing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: We have a whole day of things to do. I gotta go get my license because it's expired.
Speaker 2: Something new forever license or something. Idea. Yeah, you should get one of those because they're super easy to get the money craft. I went to the uh.
Speaker 6: Pictures on these, I got my real ID. You cannot you're not allowed. You can smile, but you can't show your teeth.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the same way with the pass that's the same way with the passport.
Speaker 2: You cannot smiles.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, you're you really can't smile. You're just kind of you know, you know, it's like you're it's like a mug shot. But why can you not show your teeth?
Speaker 2: Is what I wanted to I was curious. Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 3: So inside baseball they won't admit it publicly, but on you know, off the record, I've been told by the folks that are in charge that said, yeah, we kind of knee jerked on the real idea.
Speaker 2: We don't really need it because it's it's just a license.
Speaker 1: I'm here to get my real ID. Here's an actual driver's license, here's my birth certificate, here's my Social Security number. It's not enough info.
Speaker 3: If you can get an appointment, I go to the website almost every day, and I'll check, Hey, Bartstown, do they have any Nope, eatoun Nope, the three lovel locations, nope. I even went as far as there's one about twenty minutes southside of Cincinnati and the Kentucky side, and nope, no appointments you can get.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I know the police. We talked to l MPD.
Speaker 3: They're not you know, they're not writing tickets because they know how difficult it is to get the the license renewed. Now is there two different lines? Is there one for if I'm just getting a regular license?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's all one. It's all one.
Speaker 3: Peanut Gallery is saying, No, it's all that's south Side Chuck. Southside Chuck says, it's all one way. Yeah, okay, south Side Chuck's in it. It's two lines, that's right, exactly. A big fellow. Yeah, he'll take you down.
Speaker 2: So I gotta do that. And then we're thinking about doing a spray tan who's Lee Jackie and I okay, twenty five bucks, don't put me in on this. You did it before. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I lost that way, Port Control wanted to document it right.
Speaker 2: For his website.
Speaker 1: So he said, before we do the photo shoot with Adam Brendan, go get a spray tan.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, Well, it didn't take long at all.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's the famous Kevin Audie line from the nineteen nineties. Tan fat is better looking than pay.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. So we're thinking about doing a little right, you know, something to do.
Speaker 1: Why you're there having spray paints some abs on? You just put like one line here and.
Speaker 2: The okay, what oh no, I put some weight on you. I go ahead. Is this your Is this your sly sly little way to say I put some weight on Is that what you're doing? I'm just saying the holiday season was three months or four month? Months ago? Four months ago was the holiday season?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: But you pull it off? Hey, mister jiggle, this is my John Goodman deal. His fitness instructor Gus says.
Speaker 3: You you look good from here to here, from my nipples from here to here not so good.
Speaker 2: She said that to me three times, I know, and you said, well, you're my fitness instructor. Stop eat.
Speaker 3: Uh So that I'm gonna we're gonna do that. We look gush. You have a house. You know this Dwight doesn't do any of his housework. There will be a list, right, I've already started to cut the grass.
Speaker 2: Cut the grass.
Speaker 5: God, who can cut the grass?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You can't do it?
Speaker 2: No, No, I had to get out there. I can't listen. I can't let the We divide all of the work up evenly. At the Whittinghouse, Susan.
Speaker 1: Susan cuts the grass, means the gutter, She does laundry, She does the cooking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she does the cleaning. Yeah. Uh, she's got the gutters. And I do and dusting and I do everything else. Wow, boy, you take a lot on you. Boy, pretty well, I'm a giver.
Speaker 3: We're pretty traditional and we keep it like I do the garbage and the outside stuff. And she's diswashers, washed, just washing the laundry.
Speaker 2: I forgot to take me.
Speaker 3: But frankly, she doesn't let me do the laundry because if you screw it up enough, well.
Speaker 2: We do our own laundry like I do mine.
Speaker 1: Oh she does hers, yeah, okay, because she's got some stupid stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how do you even foone this thing? And what is this thing? I don't understand.
Speaker 3: There's a setting called colors, so isn't that Wouldn't that mean everything?
Speaker 2: Would it mean all colors?
Speaker 1: I washed my whites and my colors all on the same one unless, like, if I have a new concert T shirt or something, I know it's gonna bleed, So I don't.
Speaker 5: Aren't the colors the middles?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
Speaker 6: I got the dark, she got the whites, and then you got colors in the middle.
Speaker 2: I call it.
Speaker 3: Oh, the whites, the whites, and the dark colored stuff does not go in with colors, even though those are two colors.
Speaker 5: The whites don't go in within the darks.
Speaker 3: Well, this is why she doesn't. She doesn't let me touch any I can see what the laundry. I can understand any of the laundry you have.
Speaker 1: You screw up a job good enough you never get asked to do.
Speaker 2: That's your tactic. Take heed gus.
Speaker 3: Uh bargain supply. We ordered all the appliances yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Uh, the new microwaves. You see where the microwaves are in your drawer? Now it's a drawer, it's not above your stove.
Speaker 1: I'm still living like a Neanderthal with a microwave above my stove. I feel so inferior to you, I know, and well I just want to move nothing.
Speaker 2: So but you know, my wife choose on ice. Oh trust me, I know with City of Louisville noses ice.
Speaker 3: Well we got a huge All it does is make ice. And this thing could be like one of those in a restaurant, like you could supply a whole restaurant.
Speaker 2: So we got that. We got the new stove, which is the.
Speaker 3: Bad mamma jama eight eight gas stove tops, two ovens, rotisserie, warming station, everything, new fridge, and a wine cooler.
Speaker 2: My wife's gonna let me get a stick. Yeah. Yeah, well this the stove is the only thing I got to be able to pick out. So beautiful. It's a ball, so beautiful. Hey, boss, just give me the stove, boss, She said, pick it out. I said, I picked it out. I'm picking it out here, boss.
Speaker 3: Bargain supply East Jefferson Street. Not just appliances. They also have all the guy stuff you need for this spring wheelbarrows. I got a machete the other day, a big, big machete.
Speaker 1: Then you strap it onto your belt. You should word to I'm gonna in a loincloth. Yes, nothing but a loincloth in your machine. It was thirteen dollars best thirteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Laschool by East Street. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Pello Windows and Doors, Hey, baby, listen, how's those energy bills in the winter?
Speaker 2: How are they in the summer? Pretty cheep? Could be?
Speaker 1: Probably is your windows your doors? Let's get some Pello windows and doors. We're talking replacement new construction, commercial projects, vinyl fiberglass, woodclad windows, patio doors. But listen to this. They're not just made in the good old USA. No, they go one step further, made right here in Kentucky, made by your friends, families, and neighbors. Pella Windows has been making innovative products for over one hundred years. That's why they're rated number one in highest quality, number one in highest craftsmanship, number one and highest value. And by the way, you can Pella now and pay later make life brighter. Go to Pello Louisville dot com. Come on by grill Master Supply. It's a free lunch Friday, Rebi burgers and brought worst and.
Speaker 2: More, all cooked up by the Hogfathers.
Speaker 1: They're out there on the grill now, man, I can smell it. News Radio eight forty w h A.
Speaker 3: S in the Years, Friday Edition, Live on the road at Grill Masters Supply in Middletown.
Speaker 2: Some of the food is up now.
Speaker 3: Oh so the rest of it's coming in a couple of minutes, but no more than ten minutes to come on by uh and get that giant to come on bay and say hi to at the show. But right now it's reelin in the years. We haven't done two well this week.
Speaker 2: Really, we've been like one year off every single time.
Speaker 6: I think you'll recover yourself. You should know this, all right, let's start out with this.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is a great.
Speaker 3: Song nineteen eighties, this hollow notes. No, well, you stop texting. I'm putting in this post.
Speaker 2: Okay, quick stop texting into your show. Okay, this is.
Speaker 5: No he was on General.
Speaker 2: This is Springfield, Springfield. He's just our show. He was talk doctor Doctor Wiggleworth.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: Song always had a good sound to it. It's something rich about it.
Speaker 2: It's fun. I used to skate to this.
Speaker 5: You used to skate.
Speaker 1: You never sounded more used to You've never sounded more masculine in your whole life.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man. I've been working on it. I used to skate to that at the skatehouse?
Speaker 5: Did you take and you throw each other forward?
Speaker 2: You know, like you do everybody. Let's go to the hole. Let's that's ice skating, gusts.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the snack bar in our skates.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Sor right, let's move on to the next one.
Speaker 2: This might What the hell? What are you pulling on the top one hundred and twenty? Maybe the hook? Maybe?
Speaker 6: I don't know how long in this takes. It's been a while since I've heard this song. I didn't listen to hit on this one.
Speaker 5: You should know who it is? By the boys?
Speaker 2: So, oh, shut up? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 5: Would you like a hint?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Wait, this person had the most popular song of the nineteen eighties, Madonna. That's a good guess, but that's not who it is. Think earlier than that, Blondie. No, I'm gonna give it away if I keep telling you stuff.
Speaker 2: No, who's the artist? Damn it?
Speaker 5: It's Olivia Newton John?
Speaker 2: Oh it dog? Why can't I knew that? I was totally had a crush on her.
Speaker 5: Still do make a move on me. I don't know how popular that song was.
Speaker 2: That's not a very that was in the top three and fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, this will help you.
Speaker 2: Eighty two or eighty three. No, it's one or eighty two.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking eighty two or eighty three. But you're ready, I think right. We're in the ballpark. Here, we're in the ballpark. Whatever happened to this guy?
Speaker 2: What happened these guys?
Speaker 1: Peter Wolf became a heart surgeon. Wow, and has say, thirteen thousand lives.
Speaker 2: That's a great story.
Speaker 5: He was in the movie What's Grown Ups Too?
Speaker 2: With Years Ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're singing in there. Adam Sandler had.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the movie.
Speaker 6: Really yeah, yeah, watch the movie. It's at the end of it. They have a big party and Peter Wolves out there singing. Maybe some of the Jay guys.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm at I'll say eighty two, I'm at two or one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Question not question fire? Oh no, it's the running Olympics. May the Olympic word.
Speaker 2: Eighty nineteen eighty word eighty what the hell terms? No?
Speaker 3: Eighteams of endearment, No, No, chariots fire of endearment, Chariots of.
Speaker 2: Fire, chariots a fire. Weren't eighty or eighty one?
Speaker 3: No, it is eighty eighty one. It's eighty eighty one, yes, because it was best picture.
Speaker 2: I think. I think I won't go eighty one. A bunch of.
Speaker 3: British dudes floundering through the water on the beach in their matching Olympic un.
Speaker 5: What was this movie about? I remember watching it, but I don't remember.
Speaker 2: In nineteen twenty it was about.
Speaker 1: It was about someone who didn't want to participate in the Olympics because to honor God.
Speaker 2: Because he believed not to. That's not true. It is true? Is it about running on the Sabbath? I believe that if I were in nineteen twenty two, I.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah, yeah, I think it word eighty or eighty one.
Speaker 2: It's eighty one. This is the not.
Speaker 3: We got the data now it's eighty Now it's eighty two.
Speaker 2: Long.
Speaker 1: These are not in the same years, Gus, Yeah, man, these are not in the same years.
Speaker 5: Man, According to my information is nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 2: Here, that's eighty two.
Speaker 5: The Go Gos.
Speaker 2: But but there's no way Chariots. Our quest was the Cherrys of I can't think of the.
Speaker 5: Movie Chariots of Fire.
Speaker 2: Chariots Fire, but was this their first hit? Right?
Speaker 5: This is like The Go Goes.
Speaker 2: It's eighty one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, so all right, let's get to the number one. This might number one for.
Speaker 1: You here, all right, number one, it's eighty two, nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 2: It's it's there's no doubt about it. No, it's it's eighty one. Because but this, this song is from eighty two. Let your south then, buddy, make the choke.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I'm gonna I'm gonna fact check during the break.
Speaker 2: These are from different Come.
Speaker 3: Here, south end, guys, south side, Chuck, let's say, south side, Chuck.
Speaker 2: Let's get in the ball. Baby, what year chuck, nineteen eighty one, nineteen eighty one? Your final walk us in nineteen eighty one?
Speaker 5: One final answer?
Speaker 6: Yes, No, these were the number one or the top five s eighty two from nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 2: Oh damn it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna have to fact check, Charriots a fire that was eighty two.
Speaker 4: You are right.
Speaker 2: You had it, buddy, you had it. You had it early on.
Speaker 1: Hey, come on by grill Master supply free lunch Friday is on. Baby, We've got brought worst. We have Rebbi burgers and more. Get down here, ten far away, shoving the road. We'll be back in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Stick around and oh you had to do it?
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on, let me go, Let me go to the little box on the side of my hip like an NFL referee and turn my secret mic on. You ready, Yes, after further review, Chariots of Fire was a nineteen eighty one hit and Dwight was right on nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do some thoct checking.
Speaker 3: Here, all right, yeah, you fact look, no one believes them, so it's not even in fact check. Hang If you're even if you're a retired marine, you need a security system like Maps Security Residential dot com break ins are more than ever. Drug addicts are breaking into your house. It used to be they would just wait for you to leave, but now they're getting more bold. As it is, you need a security system hooked through to the police EMS fire. You know how much in a fire situation of death or alive that a minute can be. That's why you got to go with Maps Residential, or you could just buy the system off Amazon and try to hook it yourself.
Speaker 2: That should be not in the plans.
Speaker 3: Plus, if you if you call and get a hold of Maps Security they'll throw in the Alexa free with the system, and it makes it even faster because she now or he I know, you don't.
Speaker 2: See Jens, I don't see.
Speaker 3: Gender is connected to all of those services, so maps, residential dot com.
Speaker 1: If you got a business, you can need a best friend in business. That best friend is gonna be workaholics. H A U, L I X. Workaholics. They do just about anything you'll ever need around the office, office reconfiguration, office moving, hanging artwork, assembly, office furniture, you have a movie. Maybe you're out of square footage in your warehouse seventy two thousand square feet of secured warehouse storage.
Speaker 2: Workaholics. Check them out.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be your businesses best friend. As we bring in Kevin Tremble, how are you doing.
Speaker 4: Kevin, buddy, I could not be better.
Speaker 2: You look good. I'm horrible. But I did a lot of party with Danny Wimmen or the guy that puts on all those concerts. I partied to the wee hours, so I.
Speaker 3: H but he's a trooper. If you all don't know, Kevin and I grew up knowing each other forever. Kevin went off to fight the wars and and do your thing.
Speaker 2: Uh. Retired as a lieutenant colonel in the Marines. Uh.
Speaker 3: And you were gone forever, But now it seems like you've been back forever. I'll ask you this first question, why why did you Why did you come back to Louisville.
Speaker 4: It came down to, as you know, my unbelievable wife, Jennifer. Yes, and like you two, hall of I'm married up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I'm married up. And we have two boys.
Speaker 4: And at some point when we said, hey, the Marine Corps, we're done, it was great exciting. I had a house on a coldal sac with a pool and no taxes in Florida. So we had two boys and I said, you know what, I want to get them in Louisville. My networks in Louisville. My people are in Louisville, as I like to call in a positive way, my tribe is in Louisville. I was very fortunate, Catholic grade school, public high school, I went to Center College. You know, a lot of my people are in Louisville. And I'm a firm believer. It takes that village to raise those boys.
Speaker 2: And I'm the village idiot.
Speaker 4: And well, and you know what, you can do your part as well. So anyway, that's why we moved. And my wonderful wife kinda said, well, and I had an opportunity. Guy that I met in the Marine Corps had a real estate brokerage, and he said.
Speaker 2: I have an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Maybe you can help us grow. I don't know, we'll call it. Uh, we'll teach you. But what do you think and leap of faith here we are, Tony.
Speaker 3: What he does is Dwight is like it's communication, it's networking, right, uh And and I don't know how that ties from the military to what you're doing now and connecting and networking, but I know that you know, you told us a story.
Speaker 2: I was with you.
Speaker 3: You went up to Purdue and talked to John's uh you know uh r r O TC and you said your call sign is blue Grass six, Yes, blue Grass six, and that he tells a story and that it's it seemed like the helicopter guy, the fixed wing guy.
Speaker 2: They all went, oh, it's blue Grass six. Well, but you told that story in the networking part of it.
Speaker 4: And here's how it goes. As you know, networking to me is a is an open system of reciprical relationships, right, but it also in today the world we live in, it has trust is the key, all right, trust Dwight And twenty years ago you could be who you want here at work, you could be a different person. Different person will guess what doesn't work that waymore. And so I was very fortunate when I was a commander in Afghanistan the time commander, my call signs Bluegrass because I was the commander was Bluegrass six and so I was responsible for an area. I think of a you know, huge couple thousand square kilometers with a cone over it, and so that cone from zero to x thousand feet I was responsible. So that was area of operation Bluegrass. I was responsible for all of it. Do all that pilots have to fly through that area. They would check in when we had an air shot, Bluegrass, are you know checking in whatever?
Speaker 2: So fast forward a couple of years.
Speaker 4: I'm in grad school with the military and somebody says, hey, Bluegrass and it was great. A guy who's a Marine fighter pilot. He says, wait, you're Bluegrass. I was like yeah, and he goes, dude, I fought out. Do you remember that one time we came and had to help you?
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 4: I mean, and it's literally that's how it worked. But it was amazing, as here's a guy and to me, it's it's very and I'll guess to why I moved to Louisville. Here's a guy in the Marine Corps that you know, he's at ten thousand feet and we've got you know, troops in contact on the ground, and he wasn't asking questions about well I really.
Speaker 2: Know you and I like that.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, you have the ego globe and anchor, and you know what your marine a marine. I'm gonna help you, I know, like and trust you.
Speaker 2: I get it, you pass that test.
Speaker 4: I was very fortunate growing up here in Louisville in that I have a group of friends and that front group grows, grows, grows, okay, and it's the no liking trust okay. And to me, that's how networking is. And I hear a lot of things, Hey we're having a great network event. Okay, Well that's that sounds good. Well are you growing your network? Are you meeting new people? Are you helping people?
Speaker 2: And I'm just having cocktails?
Speaker 4: Are you just having cocktails and getting a business card? Because what I like to say is the objective of a networking event is for me, I like to go in there and I like to meet two people, connect to them, and then I'll move on. If I could connect two people that can mutually support each other, guess what, I move on.
Speaker 2: That's a success.
Speaker 4: It's not can I get your business cards?
Speaker 2: Right? No?
Speaker 4: Because it's about relationships. So trust built relationships is kind of how my life has turned out. And I'm very fortunate. I've got guys like you all, and my family is now a beneficiary of that.
Speaker 2: Dwight, we are.
Speaker 3: He actually has a chart and he does the inner circle. I think we're both in the inner okay, under different things.
Speaker 2: I bet he has me on the outer circle in a square. Okay, well I would. I would tell you this. He said it was something called an L seven. I'm not sure what that is.
Speaker 4: I will tell you this. So you know, I work with Berkshire, Hathaway Home Services, Carts and Whitesbury Reals. Right, And so this young lady here she is she's, you know, kind of my assistant, but we work together.
Speaker 1: Wait is that Berkshire or is that Hathaway that just walked looks like Haway.
Speaker 2: She's kind of Hathaway.
Speaker 4: You're a fight and this is Mikayla Smith does great work. But here's here's the network.
Speaker 2: You're ready for this.
Speaker 4: So Michayla Smith and her brother Levi, who is a rock star realtor, brand new, he's been about two years. They joined our brokers. Levi joins as a realtor. MICHAELA comes works with me about growing the company and where you grow up and she told him I grew up in the South End.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, I love you.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I've got to Well, here's the best part. I got a South End guys. He's Dwight Whitt and you're well kind of well. Then I come to find out that she says, my dad's going to be on their show, and I said.
Speaker 2: Larry's going to be on the show.
Speaker 4: Are they going to talk about home building?
Speaker 2: Larry Smith?
Speaker 4: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 2: But you're so beautiful? Did he did? He adopt or? Obviously?
Speaker 4: So so I bring that up because right off the bat, and that's what we try to work with our realtors is about. Uh, if you can focus on relationships, relationship business building is can last forever. Whereas Transactional has a short shelf.
Speaker 1: It is the Halthaway in Berkshire, halfway related to Anne Hathaway that worked for uh uh, Misterdale.
Speaker 2: From the bank.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think so.
Speaker 2: All right, So here so Chevro, yeah, real quick, because I think it's a cool story, the bluegrass story. Give me thirty seconds. So he The reason that the fixed wing guy.
Speaker 3: Said I knew you were your bluegrass is because did you were trying to shoot down a building with a sniper in it and the missile bounced off?
Speaker 2: No? That was that was that was That was eight years prior. That was in Fallujah. Yeah, so it's the helicopter missile bounced off that.
Speaker 4: We had one bounce off and it took forever. It was a minaret, big tower.
Speaker 2: They play that music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Typer shooting got some people's bad and we had to go all the way up to you can probably imagine, like DC to get approval to take that thing out, and we called it a cobra, shot a rocket at it and it kind of bounced off. This thing's at one hundred feet and it's crazy. We end up got to know that pilot. But it finally waiting for approval. Listen, we have to drop this thing. And we're very fortunate that we had some marines working together. Put a pilot said, dude, you got to run down there and somebody cover them. You get up on top of a building. I need you to do your laser pilot stuff, and you know, as they call it, paint that tower at a certain putt. And they did, and they took that thing out and there's videos of it dropping. But the key is is at some point in time, we end up meeting all those people, right, and there's a lifelong bond. It's like if I trust you, know if I will never trust you, if I don't know you, But if I.
Speaker 2: Trust you, that's good.
Speaker 4: That's all I need. And we try to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Like I said, with our agents.
Speaker 4: What you really want is someone to call up and say, hey, I know you're thinking about buying to sell your house. I've got a friend. You know. I've got Levi Smith. You know, I've got Kevin Tremble, I've got you know, Dave Parks, Judy Parks. I trust them. And when I talk to somebody Tony, when I call you, or why I call you Tony, who do you know that can fix elevators. Well, I know Tony doesn't know anything about elevators, but Tony knows.
Speaker 2: Somebody somebody, but he knows a lot about going down right.
Speaker 4: But if he doesn't trust him, he knows also he'd tell me up front. So it's about trust. And trust is to me what we try to do with our agents, because that's essence of leadership.
Speaker 3: So I will say this, and I want a real quick want to talk about your son. He plays football for cn X. But when our group that we hang out with Colonel Hedges, Colonel Tremble, they were gone forever.
Speaker 2: And we have this tight group. The energy level.
Speaker 3: If you can imagine when these two move back to town, he got shocker. The two colonels organize the group better than we've ever done before. But now it seems like forever that you're back. But we got about two minutes here. Uh, your son Mason quarterback at Saint X, last year for Wallas at st X.
Speaker 2: Yes, how's that going? I guess it's good.
Speaker 4: I'm dad and that's one of the things that I've tried very very hard to do. And I think, uh, the Tigers are gonna have a great year.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 4: I'm only I'm optimistic for that. As I told my young man, I didn't send him there, Uh, to play football. Football is just icing's on the cake. But he knows that. You know, I showed you that. Finally he's taken after and it's our wives. He's taken after Johnny. Yeah, you know, he made all on a roll. But you know what, so do all his friends. Yes, So I think the Tigers are gonna be as good as they want to be, and they're gonna put in the effort. And I'm excited because it's great being a parent.
Speaker 3: All right, tell me real quick, this humble brag. What was his numbers last year as a junior? His passing?
Speaker 2: And oh he did pretty good.
Speaker 3: He did good, so he was He doesn't want to ramble off eighteen hundred yards and around towns.
Speaker 1: Partied extra hard last night. Can you stick around and help out with trivia because I've never known you. Okay, okay, stick around, stick around. Hey, let me ask you a question. Is your dog over fifty pounds? Is your cat over ten pounds? If so, your dog or cat could save another dog or cat's lives.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: They can get blood just like you and I get blood. Your dog and your cat can get blood. But in this instance, it's not saving just one life. It's saving four to six other dogs and cats lives.
Speaker 2: That's huge.
Speaker 1: Plus, there's not only benefits of saving other people's pets, there's actually benefits for you and your pet. I'm talking about regular examinations, vaccinations, and more. For more information on that, head on over to head on over to Jefferson Animal Hospital or give him a call at nine hundred Pets. Thank you, Jefferson Animal Hospital.
Speaker 2: More on the way.
Speaker 1: It's a free lunch Friday at Grill Master supply Ribot burgers and brought worst. They are on right now. Come on and say high ten for zero eight Shelbyville Road,