Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, I don't forget thirteen more chances today to win one thousand dollars in rock the bank. You're already doing the hard part. That's just listening. And then get to keywords right around five past each hour starting at nine oh five with us enter them at WJRR dot com. Hey, bulldog, where do you want to start this morning? I hear there's a good kicker available on the NFL market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Justin Tucker, the most accurate kicker in NFL history. He gets cut yesterday by the Baltimore Ravens. We all know he's been involved in some shenanigans with some massage therapy or was this is ten years ago? Did this happen? He was involved with sort of some Deshaun Watson type antics with massage therapists up in Baltimore. Again, it happened from twenty twelve to twenty sixteen when he first got into the league. It's turfast here over the last few months, and he's been cut by the Baltimore Ravens, which I guess shows you the difference between quarterbacks and kickers. Because Deshaun Watson he didn't get cut. He got a two hundred and thirty million dollar guaranteed contract from the Cleveland Browns after his allegations came out. But hey, kickers are much more expendable. So justin Tucker, yes, has been cut.
Speaker 2: He probably had a bit of an inkling when the Ravens used a draft pick to pick a kicker. Yeah, which doesn't usually happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty much the hint that he was gonna be gone. And yeah, you know, he's not as great as he once was. He actually missed some kicks this past year, so uh so he's gone. My Panthers got beat by the maple Leagus last night five to four. I'm not too worried about it, all right, because the maple Leagues are already whining, like your Lightning fans were whining about the physicality of my Panthers. So the Toronto goalie Anthony Stolers, he got knocked out of the game last night when he took an elbow to the head, and you know, of course the Maple Leafs are whining it was a cheap shot. It should have been penalized all of that. Just shut up and play hockey, guys. Yeah, we were in playoff hockey. Come on right, Lynch, you have any thoughts on this, I'm.
Speaker 2: Putting on the foil. I didn't get that reference, so I didn't think you would. That's okay, though, the as you guys say, the two hockey fans listening did.
Speaker 1: All I know is my Solar Bears are playing the night against the Everglades or Blades, Ever Blade Blades. What about the upsets in the NBA? Last night, the Knicks rally from twenty down to beat the Celtics. Last night, the Celtics were again. They were up twenty. They missed forty five three pointers. Last night they were fifteen of sixty, the most three point shots ever taken in the playoff game and the most ever missed in a playoff game. I'm gonna give the I'm gonna give the Magic credit here. I think the Magic showed everybody the blueprint of how to defend Boston's three point shooting. Boston, of course, made more three pointers this season than any team in NBA history. I think the Magic get an assist for the Knicks upsetting the Celtics last night.
Speaker 2: Thoughts, Hey, you know it makes sense, makes sense, could be something to that. I'm not gonna push back. Any credit for the Magic is good credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of the magic, they also get credit for the other upset last night, because the denverd Nuggets upset top seed in Oklahoma City last night. Who hit the game winner? Yeah, the former Magician Aaron Gordon hits a three pointer with two point eight seconds remaining. That's the second That's the second game winner he's hit throughout these playoffs. He hit the the follow up dunk off of Nikola Jokic airball in Game four of their first round series, and now he's hit another game winner. By the way, all the Magic fans out there who think that their team can't get better shooting three pointers, Aaron Gordon this year career have forty three point six percent from three point range. His his normal percentage before this year thirty three point one percent. So you can get better shooting the three pointer. That's that's almost at bulldog. How that tastes level of performance.
Speaker 2: No question.
Speaker 1: In Nikola Jokic, he's by far the best player in the league. Forty two points twenty two rebounds last night for Nikola Jokich. She should win the MVP again for the fourth time. Shay Gilgess Alexander of Oklahoma City will probably win it, but Nikola Jokic deserves to win it. College Football News The Sentinel. Matt Merschell, my colleague at The Sentinel. He got Scott Frost contract numbers. Scott Frost contract five years, twenty two point one million dollars, about four point two million dollars per year, which is, you know, a great salary, but it is fourteenth in the sixteen team Big twelve. So Scott Frost by Big twelve standards, at four point two million is underpaid. I take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree with Taco. I mean, look I did too, I did to.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just telling you the facts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's I think he's fortunate to be where he's at right now. And then have you know, have third life, I guess you see.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, there's no question he was damaged goods when when he was hired. All right, what about the Michigan football coach Charon Moore already going to service suspension this season? Why for the cheating that took place during the Connor Stallions. Charon Moore was the offensive coordinator, then he was knee deep in the cheating. And now Michigan is putting on one of those self imposed suspensions this year before the NCAA fine digs come out. You know what, Michigan cheated to win that national title and they still have a cheater for a coach. I will say that until the cows come home.
Speaker 2: Worked out all right the last time they self suspended their coach for a couple of games, and that's the end of the story there actually, I mean all right.
Speaker 1: Question Mike the.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mike weekday mornings on a Jason s Am seven ninety six to nine. The game taken a few minutes from his show, Good morning to join us for the sports page here on JRR, and we appreciate it, Dogga. Since taco's and birthdays coming, Oh good.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to the great Bob Seeger, who turns eighty years old today. On demand to download the iHeartRadio app