Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Best Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we're gonna be talking about new Nintendo hardware because I'll die if we don't have new Nintendo hardware rumors. I will just I'll suffocate on the show. Also, Resident Evil Requiem's latest reveals looking really good. It's gonna be a good one because we have Lex Luddy on the show. LEXI, how are you doing.
Speaker 3: Bob, other than my entire culture being diminished by one of this website's owners, I'm doing two.
Speaker 2: Two of the owners have done this now. Yeah, it's all five eventually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're really just whiffing your way through, you know, all the countries, all the owners. Yep, that's right, true, your true Americans. I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. Oh that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about us. Yeah, Mike uh did not know. Well, he mistook the Irish accents in Dragon Quest seven for English accents, which which.
Speaker 3: I can I can accept. I can accept being accent deaf. It's seeing a character named Patrick and seeing a character named Mayve and calling those the most British names possible, that's not.
Speaker 1: That's he said that.
Speaker 3: He said that a town called like bally Gohan or something, and him being like, yeah, that's a really British sounding town.
Speaker 1: What's Brittish about the name?
Speaker 2: Patrick?
Speaker 1: I can't think of a single thing. I don't know what you're talking about. Oh no, even something that Americans would.
Speaker 2: Be familiar with.
Speaker 1: Look, he's gonna hear this, and he's gonna get mad that I'm not defending him.
Speaker 2: Too fucking bad, Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right next time. I don't know what to tell you, Bud. Yeah, glad you're on the show. Though I have a it's it's been a good week. No one to blame but myself for my state of mind. I just am not I mean, obviously it's the goddamn world, but I'm not sleeping real well, and I'm just I'm feeling it. It's Friday, lucky to have. We're gonna have a long weekend over here. I'm gonna take that. Although I say that, and there's so many things I tried to get done last weekend. I didn't finish someone to spend all week in doing that. But whatever that'll be, it's not neither here nor there. I just need to start getting my sleep schedule back on track and then I'll think I'll mostly be fine. But yeah, I'm glad you're here to help me get through this this episode.
Speaker 3: Speaking of sleep schedule, I mentioned this in a super shot to you the other Nie. I was at a Yakuza three preview event on Tuesday in London. Problem is I live for that Yakuza three preview event on Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean that is a very also a micro minatti thing to do. I gotta say, I think we could see why you're lashing out a little bit, all right, your embarrassed.
Speaker 3: I the thirteenth of January as the twelfth of January just misread it, totally fucking misread it alive there as they were setting up the event space in London, and the guy was like, are you a journalist? And I was like yeah, and he was like, that isn't on until tomorrow. I was like oh, and he's like you look pretty upset. Like I'm a little bit upset. He's like, do you want a cup of coffee? I was like, yeah, I could do a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: And I spent that whole day surrounded by Patricks.
Speaker 3: It was off in fairness. Shout out to Sega Pire. They were very understanding and they were like, we'll get you a hotel for the night. And then yeah, I rebooked my flight, so I'm paying like the flight stuff myself, which is fine, but you know, it's my own idiocy. And that event itself went pretty well. I met a cat cold Chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's you. So you got to take a look at this game. You get to meet a cat named Chicken. Was the cat just like protecting the hotel the event?
Speaker 2: What was it doing?
Speaker 3: So the event was on in in like an indoor market, and the indoor market had they rented out like two stores there in the corner. One of them was a retro video game store and the other one was a ramen shop, and so they just cording that off from the rest of the market. And the people who owned the Ramen shop had a cash So the demo section was upstairs and the cat was just wandering around upstairs with us. Yeah, and the cat was very chill, sat next to me for almost the entire three hours of the event. It was very hard to actually bother playing the game. But yeah, it was a good event it was I. You can read my preview up now on gam of Guides. It's on my Blue Sky as well. That game's really frustrating already because in some ways it is everything I want from a Yakuza three remake. It fixes pretty much all of the major problems that I have with that game. But it was alluded to, I think it was yesterday or the day before that you talked about it on this show. And the recasting is really bad. It's really like naughty, right, Yes, So there's two bits of recasting. One of them is they recasted a kind of your main sidekick in this game who's kind of meant to be a country He's meant to be like a bit of a country bumpkin who's acting like a big Yakuza big shot. And the whole idea of his side character is that like he's a bit of a like loser, but you learn to love him because he does have a like a good harsh they've recast him and they've used the face of the guy that they recast him as. Originally, he was like an original design character wasn't based off of anyone's face, and he was meant to look like a bit of a dog. He was meant to look like a bit of a try hard poser. Now he is a like Hollywood pretty boy, he really is, and it just it's a weird choice. The other bit of recasting is one of the game's main villains is a guy called Go Hamazaki, and he is meant to be a brickshit acuse he is meant to be one of the most imposing physical figures in the Yakuza franchise. And again, he wasn't based off of real life person model wise, which allowed them to really make them look like a fucking brick shit house.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They've recast him with a real world actor and based it off of him, and now he kind of just looks like a seventy year old Japanese man, a sixty year old Japanese man. And the other problem is who they recast him as. And that's where it gets. Yeah, they were in twenty twenty two, this actor Kadagawa, I can't remember his first name now off the top of my head without looking at my article. A video came out of him basically sexually harassing a woman in a hostess club. Shortly after that, a newspaper spoke to the woman and obtained that video and released dish. They also spoke to a second hostess who claimed that similar things happened to her on the same night, but there we're not videos of that. His agency came out and basically acknowledged Ith and apologized. They only acknowledged and apologized to the woman who there was video recording of. The other woman never received an apology, and within four months he was back acting again on stage. And now he's back acting on screen and Orgig have chosen to cast him. I understand the argument of hey, it's hard to replace people in video games. But also in twenty nineteen, Judgment came out This is why Yeah, go ahead, and shortly after the INU I think it was a month after the release of Judgment in Japan. It came out in Japan. First one of the actors was caught with possession of Yeah Yeah tacky, and he was caught with possession of cocaine.
Speaker 2: He was arrested and actually I was even caught with possession.
Speaker 1: I understand was like he had a positive drug test and they didn't find anything, so.
Speaker 3: They charged him with possession and testing cars and the ORGG basically said that for the Western release, which came out a couple of months later, they would be replacing him and it would no longer be his likeness. It would just be a random character facial likeness. And they also changed the voice actor, and then they patched the Japanese version later on to also remove the actor, and then subsequent like the PS five version, the PC version all don't have Pierre Taki's name. So I actually have a copy of the PS four version, the unpatched PS four version, that I picked up in Japan with this guy in Ish, because I thought it was an interesting novelty. So ORGG has been able to do this in the past. They also do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it pagonist and do it for something that's just doesn't I mean, I know in Japan the culture around drug use is very severe and like this is what they do. Like when people get caught with drugs or using drugs, it's like, well, no, we're deleting you from society, okay, but keep that same energy for abuse. What are we talking about here?
Speaker 3: So the really frustrating thing about this is playing that demo. There is a whole side mission. One of the main side Substoris you know, the way that there's always kind of like a main side thing that you can do. In one of in zero it's like the cabaret club. In some of the other ones, it's you know, go kart racing or whatever. In this one it's, oh, you're helping out with a biker gang, and it's an all it's a women led biker gang. And the section that they showed us features basically the dad of the woman who runs the biker gang being to cure you, like, hey, take care of my daughter and you know, help her out with the biker gang. And here you kind of side steps the question. And then when he goes outside, the daughter is like, I want you to be the boss of the biker gang. And here you says, I don't want to be the boss. I want you to fight your own battles, but I'll support you. And it's a really good bit of a fighting. It's a really good bit of like actually acknowledging like, hey, this woman should empower herself and qu is trying to enable that. And it's fucking baffling and so at odds with what the studio is doing in real life, and it is so frustrating. It is so hard to like unequivocally recommend this game when those two casting decisions, like even without the questionableness nature to them, are just bad casting decisions. They're just not They don't improve the story, they take away from the story. And then when you factor in the actual like personalities involved, it feels so at odds with what the franchise wants to represent and tries to represent so often it's deeply frustrating as someone who really loves those games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it's uh and I certainly don't want to like make this from my point of view like a criticism of Japanese culture, but I just I uh. One of the things I respect so much about rgg's games is they do seem like they are considerate and capable of examining their culture and having some critical thinking about it, uh, in a way that.
Speaker 3: Like Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii has a whole sub story where basically you help out a woman who used to be a sex worker and she decides to become an author to write about like safe sex and working in the sex work industry and like how to do it more safely. Like that's a whole sub story in pirate Yakuza in uh in Hawaii, and so this just feels so at odds with that stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, And so yes, I'm chat writers versus executives. Yeah, you kind of. I kind of have to assume it's something along those lines. Either way.
Speaker 1: It's that this is a shame and and they should they should fix this.
Speaker 2: They should, they should get rid of this guy.
Speaker 3: And like I do know in the grand scheme, this is like a pretty small problem. There's other thing, like you have to consider a game on the whole, but also like hold that feet to the file on this stuff, like there's no reason not to as pressed, like we should like actually interrogate these decisions and call attention to them when they happen exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for that, Lex, I'm glad you were able to make that trip work.
Speaker 2: And I hope you get the sea chicken again one day.
Speaker 1: All right, let's explain ourselves for Giant Bomb Independent Games Media. You could support independent games Media though yourself. We don't need corporations.
Speaker 2: We need you.
Speaker 1: Go to giant bomb dot com, slash join, become a premium member and support us and ensure we can continue to keep doing what we've been doing. That's the number one thing you're going to get out of this, the assurance that this independent games media outlet will continue into the future. You also get, hey, I've started doing Grubsnack's premium that's available for you exclusively. There's some other stuff popping up on the site as well, and there's a few things in the works. Again, especially if you were paying attention to the Bombaton. We have a lot of stuff we have to deliver, and many of that stuff, many of those things will show up first for premium users. As far as this show goes most weekdays, IGF GREB will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube, all right, we all love to get into four quick.
Speaker 3: Jump into souff. Just quick shout out to all the people at Inverse that have just lost their jobs.
Speaker 2: Oh really, that's terrible. Okay, I didn't see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're divesting from the gaming industry. So huge shout out to folks like Willowow and Hayes Madsen. There's some really great people over at Inverse. I've worked with a bunch of them before in the past, and they're all really nice. So if you see any of them out there on Blue Sky or whatever talking about being out of work, go follow them, Go sport them, go check out that work.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The industry is better with them, So hopefully you can find a home for all these people. All right, let's get into it. A potential new Nintendo switch two model has been discovered. This is for my Nintendo News. A Blue Sky user has discovered what appears to be potentially a new Nintendo switch to model code on Nintendo's internal website. So there's like a code name for all these things, not even a cod name, it's like three code letters. For example, the original switch was HAC, the switch O led was h EG, the switch light was HGH, and then the switch to was b EE. This new one that is now referenced is OSM and it does seem to be an entirely new model of switch or switch to I should say what that means, though no one seems to be exactly sure, although the speculation right now everyone is immediately jump into oh, this is the switch to light, which I gotta say, LEXI, that sounds right to me. Because Nintendo knows what happened with the switch light last time, they probably are going to be able to get this next one ready quicker because they are preparing to do it, probably right out the gate they're like, well, we know when we want the switch to light, let's get it.
Speaker 2: Get it ready.
Speaker 1: And then also the switch to light can do some key things in terms of price reduction. Are cost reduction so that Nintendo can sell it at a lower price if they could get a switch to light out there. That serves a couple of purposes. For one, anytime that there is a Pokemon game that comes out that is exclusive the switch to you sort of match it up with this thing, and that's the thing that you can tell families to get for kids. And then the other key thing here that's going to be important very soon is Nintendo will eventually want to move on from the switch one, which has been there like, hey, if you can't afford to switch To, go get a Switch one. And that's been kind of a fair proposition because there's been a ton of Switch one games. They have Switch one game's coming soon still, but they're gonna want to move on from that soon and having a more affordable switch To would help them kind of put that in.
Speaker 2: Their rear view mirror a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm buying into this a little bit. I guess the question would be when does this happen? And there's no reason to assume just because it's popping on the web on the website that it's imminent, as in like the next three months or something like that. We are not even yet a year out from the release of the switch To.
Speaker 3: I if the big question is when it holiday, right they holiday? Yeah, I agree, they do, like a September release, get it like in in store shelves and like they'll know where their pricing situation is ash by then, and yeah, this makes all the sense in the world. I think it will be interesting to see if it's the same screen because there's been so much back and forth on the quality of the switch To, who's built in screen and more so the lack equality of that screen, and if you have a handheld only device, I think people are going to notice the problems with that screen a lot more. And yeah, I I wish that screen was better. Every time I take my switch and travel with me, I'm like, this is fine. But also, man, that old ed was nice. It was really nice. It was crisp. It was it was so crisp, and it looks so sharp and like there are certain games where you play them on the switch one and you're like, oh this this does look better and handheld moch like this, this is a better handheld experience in some ways. So yeah, it would be. It will be weird if it winds up having a different screen and it's like better than the premiere model screen. But yeah, I can I can see it happening. Yeah, what what do you think that they would have any reason to like hold on this for longer than holiday?
Speaker 1: I mean again, obviously the question marks around like components sourcing will be an issue, Like, yeah, this will be. They will try to reduce the costs on this thing, but that comes down to actually being able to get the components at a decent price, and it's like, you know, there's a reason like Valve stops selling the lowest version of the Steam Deck, right because, yeah, that was the cheapest one for them to manufacture, but it also had the slimmest margins, So they like selling the more expensive ones because that gives them more margins even as RAM goes up in price. So that's the one thing that I think could hold this up is Nintendo going if we launch it this year actually at the price we wanted to launch it at, we are going to be in a situation where we're actually losing money on this device, and we don't want to do that. But we also do not want to sell it for more than three dollars, you know, three fifty No, that's crazy. I switched to OLED has kind of has to be three hundred dollars, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see what Nintendo doing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think this comes out in the holiday, And I agree with your assessment about like the screen is going to be kind of a key point here. It's not going to be an O lead, you know, it's it'll probably be a smaller screen. So therefore they'll have to source a different model and that will give them the chance to fix some of the stuff, like the ghosting that I don't notice, but like when I'm playing and I don't, I'm not. I be honest, I've not tried to look into it because I know once I notice it, I won't be able to not notice it, and that'll drive me crazy. So for people who have noticed it, it is driving them crazy. Maybe this will be the kind of thing where it's like, Okay, yeah, it's still LCD. It's it's still maybe even from the same company or whatever, but it is an improved model or whatever, which is entirely possible. Really though, it's like, yeah, I really, I'm really happy with the switch to as it is. I remember very much enjoying the switch light when that launched, just because the switch one felt so flimsy in my hands, and the switch one being one or the switch one light being an all in one unit was.
Speaker 2: A big improvement to me.
Speaker 1: This time rout, it's like, that's a little bit less necessary, but maybe they'll have some other things in their pocket to make this thing feel extra cool. At the very least, though, they're they're gonna want something to sell to younger, younger players, and a light is the answer to that.
Speaker 3: For sure, as someone who only have a HODJ one active switch at a time does do Nintendo cross saves, how they when it comes to stuff like that with like having an account on two switches.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's uh, it's not too bad if you're one person. If you've got a family, then it gets a little bit more complicated because then the virtual game key card situation gets a little bit frustrating.
Speaker 2: But I have bounced back.
Speaker 1: And forth between my switches using the virtual game cards and it's been not much of a problem. And the cloud saves as long as I think you have to have Nintendo Switch Online the subscription to get the full cloud save features. As long as you have that, it's been mostly seamlessly just downloads every time you start a game and you go and yeah, I've had no issues with that, so it's like that'll work for sure. But I think most people are probably gonna be in your situation where it's like that, this is my new active switch and after spending you know, five hundred dollars four fifty on the switch to already, I bet there will be quite a bit fewer people who are going to jump on a switch light as opposed to last generation where it's like I was upgrading. Every time they introduced a new thing, I was upgrading. Although I will probably do the same thing this time because I'm a SICO and a dummy.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're all assuming, I think everyone in a chat, assuming you and I are assuming. Yes, this will be a switch light rather than O lead. They will do an O lead eventually though, right.
Speaker 3: They'll do an O lead down the road when people wouldn't be a ghast at the idea of buying another switch so so quickly that is, you know, functionally the exact same, just with an O LEED like this is for a different market. The switch OL EDGE in a lot of ways, is just it's a replacement console halfway through the generation to reset the price, so they'll hold on to it for I'm willing to bet the base model SWITCH will be here for at least another three years at least before we get an old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was quite a while before we got the OLED.
Speaker 1: We actually got the switch one revision first, the extended battery version.
Speaker 3: Cheme out the OL nineteen no I think twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty nineteen, so yeah, yeah, oh, LED was.
Speaker 3: A bit before it came out with Metroid Primary Master. That was the first switch O led game. I remembering about.
Speaker 2: Yep, Sam and Nice and some other people are chat saying osam.
Speaker 1: Oled screen model maybe, but like Nintendo does like to be a little bit more cheeky with these code these codes. So all right, LEXI, the switch to is B E E so B, do you have a guess for why it That is the code name for the switch to.
Speaker 3: Uh, the switch to is full of bees.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's how it works. Wow, I didn't think you were gonna get it. Okay. So B in Japanese is hotchi, which is also the number eight, which this is the eighth Nintendo console. That's what people believe is actually happened. That's how it got its name. Uh yeah, So I don't know if oh let's switch model is something. Maybe they would because maybe they're not always that cute, and maybe that's maybe B is something else. But uh yeah, I think that is what is happening here. All right, Yes, well, I mean your guest is not. It's also just true. It's just that it has nothing to do with the code name. That's the thing that's the only difference.
Speaker 3: That's just this sounds weird. It's actually just the bees.
Speaker 2: It's the bees.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's see a SEUs has stopped producing the in Vidia RTX fifty seventy TI and fifty sixty TI sixteen gigabyte model, saying they've reached end of life. This is from Igor Beneficick at ngadget, who says, did that get the name very wrong?
Speaker 3: No, no, I just have the thought of those end of life. But the thirty sixty isn't end of life.
Speaker 2: So that's yeah, that's the thing here.
Speaker 1: Let's I mean, Asis is basically just saying they're talking to the Australian YouTubers hardware unboxed.
Speaker 2: Who do you usually do good.
Speaker 1: Reporting, telling them, yeah, we're not making those anymore, and everyone's like, oh, it's in Nvidia not sending out the stuff for that anymore. And Vidia came back and said no we are, and Asus like yeah, yeah, no, this is us being like, we can't source sixteen gigabytes of RAM for either of these cards in any affordable way imaginable. We ain't making that shit anymore. So yeah, the thirty sixty, the eight with eight gigabytes is something that is apparently much more affordable. Surprisingly, Uh, and they're gonna so they're gonna kind of keep doing that instead. This is gonna be something I think we continue to see. It begs the question, what is the next like generation of cards. Look like they're just gonna be all eight gigabyte cards. Yeah, there's your fifty seven. That's rare right there from AUC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from as that piece that I wrote for into the spine of like, hey, feels like I got in right at the end of the death of something building this PC boy, I feel like even more every single day feels weird. Yeah, that that was a real like honey like sweet spot card for me price wise, Like I definitely couldn't afford a fifty eighty and anything below that probably would have been a bit frustrating to work with in a few years for work stuff. So yeah, this sucks.
Speaker 2: It's this is this sucks.
Speaker 1: Yes, Uh, fifty seven ETI sixteen gigabytes of v RAM. Yeah, you'll be good. Uh. And that is the kind of the amount of RAM, the amount of power that most people are like, Yeah, that's gonna be It's gonna make you real comfortable in terms of gaming going forward.
Speaker 2: Now everyone's looking around like.
Speaker 1: Hey, can developers do anything to make sure that we can continue using a gigabytes of v RAM in a way that is less painful than it has than it has been getting recently. And this is just a sign of like things to yet to come, Like this is them cutting off these cards, So yeah, what is Nvidia going to replace them with?
Speaker 2: Not much?
Speaker 1: I mean they've already said they're cutting production on the cards that they're making this year, and that does not even include anything in like an eventual sixty series, which we're still far away from. Yeah, the solution is going to be give us the older cards with less RAM, and that's how they're going to solve this.
Speaker 3: I know people were really disappointed with the Steam machines and ounce specs, but suddenly that lower v AM seems like very for thash I'm thoughtful of, Like, hey, it's gonna be hard to get like more view am if we want to make these yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like yeah, unused couss like, yeah, there's no way to make eight gigabytes of vie RAM work like it did six years ago.
Speaker 2: It's impossible. I think that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think we're just gonna be in this spot where your games are just gonna run shitty, Like, Yeah, there's only so much developers can do to sort of optimize for older specs, but the toothpaste is out of the tube, and I don't fully understand how that works. But I'm bet developers are gonna get a lot of questions about this in the next couple of months, and I'm looking forward to hearing how every single studio sort of responds and says, look, yeah, we get it, but here's why that's not gonna work. Or we'll do our best, but here's why that's not gonna work. My expectation is the real place that we end up with all of this is just pain, just pain, and more more expensive products than ever before.
Speaker 3: Well, going back to the PlayStation one things where there's just no textures on anything, they just playing colored polygons. I'm playing a game at the moment that has a photo mode, and one of the photo mode options is just it takes away all of the games textures and just shows you the triangles and it looks fucking awesome. It's so cool. I love it.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I I do wonder like the Steam Deck did seem to like change things a little bit where it's like early on in the year, in the first couple of years of the Steam Deck, big new games didn't run well on it. And now, like my expectation is, I bet I can boot up this big new game and it'll you know, it's gonna look like shit, but it's gonna run. They're gonna at least have accounted for this device and make it like playable on here. And I hope the Steam Machine kind of accomplishes the same thing because if it does, then most people's computers right now should be good for the next few years and hopefully that'll skate us through everything. But that won't be a that won't be the case across the board, especially for every new big game. All right, let's take a break. When we come back, plenty of new headlines to get to. If you want to skip out on this ad break, we have premium versions of the show for video and audio that those do not have ADS, and you could skip out on this. In the meantime though, we will be right back. All right, it's Game Mess Mornings continuing along here. Jeff grub Lex Luddy. Let's get over to Resident Evil Requem. Requiem really does look like two different Resident Evil games mashed together. That's from Michael McWherter over at Polygon. There's some details here, like the creators buying the Resident Evil requem have stressed that the game is one part dread inducing survival horror, one part action horror. That that distinction was made even more clear in Capcom's latest Resident Evil showcase on Thursday. The game's dual protagonists not only played differently, they even save their games differently, as the iconic Resident Evil inc ribbon returns in Resident Evil Requiem. During the new Resident Evil Showcase, game director Koshi Nakanishi explained that heroin Grace Ashcrofts gameplay style is modeled after Resident Evil two and Resident Evil seven, which offered more traditional horror elements. Leons Kennedy's gameplay is more action oriented allah Resident Evil four. That makes Requiem an experience with an emotional range, unlike any other Resident.
Speaker 2: Evil game to date that Canichi.
Speaker 1: Said, now, I think they've tried this, like bouncing back and forth between stuff before that. My understanding is, are some some of that to six. I played five and kind of kind of was done. I think I played some six.
Speaker 3: I don't remember you should you need to play sex on this side. I've that game.
Speaker 1: It's Mike wants us to play through it co op and and yeah.
Speaker 3: It has one good campaign in it and it's the Leon campaign, and then it keeps going.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So this this idea here of bouncing back and forth between scary stuff and action stuff, it can be I think it could be worrisome. I think this is a very different capcom that kind of knows what they're doing in a way that they did not before. And looking at this game, you know, confidence is the word I keep coming to. It's like, Oh, they seem really confident what they're doing here, and I think they want to have the action stuff where it's like, you know, being able to knock these zombies around and have them stumble back, or shoot them in the leg and have them stumble up against the wall, and then that creates this opportunity for doing these environmental attacks. That's that is like really exciting because it's like, Oh, what other systems do they have in here that will make that stuff even more like a dynamic We don't know, can't wait to see. But it's like that is very different than the scariest side of Resident Evil, which I think a lot of people would miss.
Speaker 2: So have both and use Leon S.
Speaker 1: Kennedy's action stuff as a release valve on the tension you're building up on the Grace Ashcroft side, And that's what it looks like it's going to accomplish. To me, I'm really hopeful that this game is going to really nail that.
Speaker 3: On a totally unrelated note, anyone else have like a weird urge to buy a Porsche suddenly?
Speaker 1: I'm I just I'm hungry for a portion of Hamilton wristwatch for some reason.
Speaker 2: Just Starvin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just kind of feel like I feel like a need one.
Speaker 1: The masters of subliminal messaging, Capcom trying to convince us to buy products that they good for them, they video games.
Speaker 3: I really like that it's a Cayenne. I really like that. It's like, no, he doesn't drive like a sports car. He drives a four by four.
Speaker 2: He drives a Porsche Cayenne.
Speaker 1: Yep, big old honking weird thing for the biggest douchebags on the road. I bet we don't have a single Porsche guy and new driver in this audience. I don't the guy offended a single person there? Yeah, he looked really good, though, I am.
Speaker 3: I've played that game three times now on three different platforms, and I played PS five. I played on PC, which is when I went to an end video event in Games Calm and was in an old industrial building and the Capcom section was in the back, in like its mini cave, and it got so hot in there that my PC crashed, and there was someone from Capcom Pure very angrily sending emails on their phone being like it's too warm in here. And then I played it on Switch in Japan, and that Switch version is kind of fucking nuts that it looks as good as it does, really kind of wild, like experimented a little bit with like the lighting and the ray tray slighting. It's kind of wild that, like it looks as good as it does on a swear It's weird. It fuels illegal.
Speaker 1: Playing It's yes. The switch to is so surprising because it's like it's like Ampere hardware. It's like four generations old in video shit, it's not gonna be able to handle anything that's happening in games today. And it turns out in video just put in the extra star specifically for a rate racing and they're like, we just gonna make sure that this thing can handle the kind of light rate tracing that we're probably gonna throw at it, and yeah, they succeeded.
Speaker 2: So that's happened repeatedly.
Speaker 1: Now where there's the recent game that that us requires a lot of ray trac Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ray tracing, And so did Sola's Outlaws.
Speaker 1: Yeah yes, in those games that like everyone's like, why does this run so well? And it's like, turns out, oh, the switch to is better at ray tracing than any of the other consoles right now, so surprise, surprise, it's handling it very well. Yes, we mentioned the two different ways of saving. Michael mcorterter brought that up in his story here. Grace and Leon won't just feel different in moment to moment gameplay, they'll also have different save styles. One of the game's difficulty options, called standard Parentheses, Classic requires Grace parentheses and only Grace to use limited supply of ink ribbons to save her progress at Typewriters. It's a big throwback to classic Resident Evil games and helps differentiate her from Leon in a big way. Leon will not require inc gribbins for him.
Speaker 2: To save I.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, just looks like they're having fun with this one, playing around with a lot of classic elements and then.
Speaker 2: And then just caused so many zombies.
Speaker 3: Wild Yeah, CACA has a wild Year like kicking off of this, then prag Matter and a pound leone Musha will be out before the end of the year. Like I've played all three of those, all three of those, I'm like, I want to play more of those.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, uh yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to just kind of see what's going to be possible in this game and then kind of see what Capcom has for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, all right, let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: High Fi Rush has been rated for Switch again. This is from Ali Reynolds at Nintendo Life. High Fi Rush, the most GameCube esque title to launch in the last five years, has once again, I would say Dreamcast, but I get it in Nintendo Life, has once again been rated for the Switch by Peggy. Sounds familiar, It should, because this has happened before. Back in April twenty twenty four, when developer Tango game Works was still sitting under Microsoft, a Peggy rating for the game on Switch appeared, but sadly, nothing happened in Microsoft unceremoniously ditched Tango Game Works entirely later that year because it's a joke of a company. The company has since been acquired by publisher Crafting, and so this latest rating could actually result in a port coming and coming to Fruition. Indeed, the source over on Peggy list two separate entries, one underneath Zinimex Europe Limited but there's the list, and then the other one to hear is yeah Crafton, So yeah, there you go, Uh, this is this is probably it. This is the game's probably coming to Switch. Finally, it did seem like they just had it like ready for Switch and then didn't launch it. I wonder if that was like, it's not worth it because the performance is bad and we don't care about Tango Game Works. But now you know Crafton, who's a weird company in its own rights, a very weird company, but at the very least sounds like this game might be able to come out to the Nintendo platform.
Speaker 2: So should we be expecting it pretty soon?
Speaker 3: I think Michael Luis and Chad is saying that limited one had one of their listings say Switch, so I imagine it's like imminent announcement. I don't think it will be announced that Microsoft thing, but it will probably be Oh wait, of course I fucking won't be announced that the Microsoft in christ Yeah, but yeah, I've bet this gets announced pretty soon. There's always the swirling rumors of like February direx earlyer dires and so if there is one that would be like a shoe and show up that I will say, as much as I like like this in theory, I think trying to do like the QTEs with the switch buttons would break my brain. My brain is sure, yeah, like my primary like when I play video games, it goes PlayStation buttons, Xbox buttons, big gap Nintendo buttons, and I just like I can't switch between them quickly, so I would I would get very annoyed very quickly. The PC version of Hi Fi Rush actually has a cool feature where no matter what controller you're using, you can choose the button display, so you can be like I always want PlayStation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure, yeah, okay, which.
Speaker 3: Is it's a nice thing, like why not do that? You you know you have the assets, just use it. Like if people prefer those buttons.
Speaker 1: I almost think it's like, don't even put any sort of labels on the buttons. Just show the four buttons and highlight the one that I should be pressing because and then it's like never a problem. But uh, I get it. It's it's something that has trip me up, for sure, but I'm much less. I'm more used to it. It's jumping between all these things because I've been doing it so much. Yeah, I direct is a good call. This could show up at the direct. I could see that when it does crafton who just loves them there that AI talks about how that's going to basically do all the jobs they have going forward? What are the chances that we get an AI trailer for Hi Fi Rush?
Speaker 2: And that's just depressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knowing some of the people at that studio, I am like, I really hope you get to keep doing your own things. Uh huh. I have faith in you as creatives. I just hope that you have a long enough leash to be able to push back on this stuff, especially now that like Makami isn't there anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: Amazon Games confirms MMO New World has a year left before it goes offline permanently. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC Amazon Games, MMO New World, a tournam has been pulled from storefronts and will shut down permanently in twelve months time, it's confirmed in a post clarifying the future of the game. Following the October announcement that Amazon is moving away from MMO development and ending service on New World, it's now been confirmed that the game will go offline permanently on January thirty first, twenty twenty seven. At the time of the publication, the game had already been pulled from Steam and the Xbox Store. Beginning July twentieth, twenty twenty six, players will no longer be able to purchase in game currency. Amazon said, Yeah, Amazon's foray into gaming has been bizarre.
Speaker 3: Like at least three MMOs back to back, like MMOs are in the future.
Speaker 1: It was, yes, weird, and I don't think anyone understood, like why do you think this is the way to do it? And the New World did kind of pop off there for a bit, as some of these games can do, But what is that?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Because a couple years later it's it's not doing what it needs to do, and now you're shutting it down, and now it's just kind of like a bummer, like, oh yeah, another game people aren't going to be able to be able to be aren't going to be able to play anymore.
Speaker 3: I played a bit of New World at SGF twenty twenty four for the Eternum release on consoles, and I remember pretty much nothing about it other than the appointment was booked to me as a new Triple A game from Amazon, and I showed up and it was a PS five port of their MMO that had been out on PC for years. I was like, dude, they did give me a sixteen ounce Yeshi Metal Thermos cup.
Speaker 1: Okay that's reviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was like, Okay, this hour of my life was worth it just for that, because I've drank out of this like once a week for going on a year and a half now. But like, yeah, this whole endeavors seemed where I think the owner of the studios out there on Twitter like making cash offers deals to Amazon to buy the IP and so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: I have I must say if I have New World, and I do have New World, okay, so I can play this still. Uh it should be my it should be my first MMO. I think that'd be fun. I think I would make Mike Minatti happy if I never played World of Warcraft and only ever play New World.
Speaker 3: It's a totally serviceable like action or PG in an MMO format. It's kind of one of those where they try to make it more souls like in its combat, but like it's it's fine, but yeah, it just I don't know. Amazon Games is such a fucking weird thing. I think, I said in the comments of Games Mornings yesterday, like Amazon really good at making TV shows based off of games. I can't make the video games for shit, but they're really good at basing the TV shows off of them.
Speaker 2: Apparently, Yep, I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's that's the story with all these big corporations trying to figure out how to make games.
Speaker 2: They're bad at it.
Speaker 1: They're bad at it. It's it's a tough business to figure out, especially if you are a big tech business. You could put twelve people on a product in a lot of other parts of the economy and suddenly you have a thing that's making you a billion dollars and to make a game you need thousands of people now, and they're like, wait, what the hell are you talking about that's now how this works. No, that's how games work. Are you still down and they go no, they freak out and they leave.
Speaker 2: Google did it.
Speaker 1: The Amazon's are kind of in the process of doing it. They have other games now right though. I guess they're doing the tomb Raiders stuff, but they're having someone else make that.
Speaker 2: So Yeah.
Speaker 3: It seems like the idea for games going forward is treating it like the movie studios, which is kind of treating you know, game studios as like Union for CRUs just being like, well, hiring a crew, they're going to do out and do their own thing, like or actual movie team is pretty small or actual game team is pretty small, but we hire studios to go out and do this work for us with or IP which could Wick. Yeah, good Wick.
Speaker 1: Let's see we've got this Amazona here. Julian Garrity, overseer of the Division departs Massive for Dice. John Hexit Games and Industry Dopiz has this here. But just last week Julian Garrity was like, Hey, the Division is going to be the Division three that I'm making. This is gonna be a big shit. This is gonna have a huge impact. It's gonna be Massive. And now he's gone and he's going over to Dice. It's time for me to hang up my bag, keeping the watch as I go on another grand adventure. The Division's future burns bright, and I can't wait for you to discover what the team has been working on. Ibisoff says, yeah, we're good. Over excuse me, we're good. He's moving on, But don't worry. Division three is going to be great. We'll see how much uvsoft has like cares about anything that's not Assassin's Creed in a couple of years. But yeah, they said, we are incredibly proud of everything Julian has contributed to Massive. We look forward to seeing how he continues to elevate our craft on a global stage.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I he made Star Wars on we lost game I really like, I really liked the Division. Massive also made that Avatar game. I don't know how much he was involved with that.
Speaker 2: That was decent.
Speaker 1: It is not too surprising though, when a big you know, a senior developer though, gets a new job kind of moving.
Speaker 2: On somewhere somewhere else. That happens pretty frequently.
Speaker 1: And if you are going to move around, I suppose going from the unknown of the husk of Ubisoft, this is the Dead, like a zombie version of Ubisoft anything that is not Assassin's Great Far Cry in Ghost Recon. Why not go to EA that has a promising future. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, like, like Battlefield six is a hot commodity right now, like it is continuing to do quite well for them, and it seems like a lot of the groundwork has been done by that team and Vin Sampella. But yeah, I think it's it's weird because he was out there less than three weeks ago harken up the Division three kind of being like, yeah, it's gonna be the biggest game yet, it's going to be you know, like the vibe of one but the scope of two and things like that, And he was really getting out there promising the world on that. So there's obvious reasons why this would have come together pretty short notice when you consider where he's going in the position he's taking up. But it's also kind of weird that he is leaving this thing at what seems like a pretty crucial time for the Division are Massive and Massive just had layoffs as well, Like it's kind of seems like a time where you would want someone backing down the hatches and holding the gates to make sure that things go smoothly for the next while. So yeah, I'm a bit worried for Massive in that sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know, Massive is one that's just like it'll come down to the Division three. But you know, those last two games, Star Wars Outlast didn't perform and Avatar didn't perform.
Speaker 2: Even if they've had some like bumps in.
Speaker 1: Player numbers recently, it's like, no, they kind of have to hit out of the gate to justify all the money that you put into them. Uh So, yeah, like they laid people off, as you said, and the focuses elsewhere.
Speaker 2: You know, they're two different ubisofts.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously you get the one over there, ten Cent, but again this is the one that no one really knows what the future of this side of your soft really looks like. And so I yeah, I don't I don't blame them, I just I do wonder It's like, okay, are you bringing sort of the connected multiplayer and then and then kind of campaign.
Speaker 2: Stuff over to battlefield?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're going to be doing or are you just going to be making sure that the multiplayer Battlefield six game is as good as it possibly can be, that that both the both sides of that equation.
Speaker 2: For Battlefield seem like they need that attention.
Speaker 1: Although he did just make a Star Wars game, maybe he's going to make Battlefront three.
Speaker 3: Yeap, oh yeah, totally, totally. But in some ways he is probably a good fit because like Division, very big head count on those games, and Battlefield is now like three or four students.
Speaker 1: Sprawling. Good point, you a sprawling group of developers. That's a really good point.
Speaker 3: But yeah, good luck on all right.
Speaker 1: Uh Sony wiped over one thousand shovel weear games off the PlayStation Store without warning, all from a single developer. This is from Connor maccarr at Eurogamer. Over one thousand games from a single developer have been removed. The developer in question was the game the game t Hi Games all Right, I guess, which, prior to the wipe yesterday, was the fourth highest ranked developer on the PlayStation Storm in terms of quantity. According to Rob Thanatos, who first spoted to change, all of the games released games have been totally removed from the store, the only exception being trophies tied to these titles, which remain present to those who unlocked them. So shouts out to those Sikos out there that were buying these two dollars freak Match three games like The Jumping Soda and The Jumping Taco Turbo forgetting your trophies and getting while the getting was good.
Speaker 3: Well, you could just say, Greg Miller, it's Greg Miller.
Speaker 1: You you fucking sick out? Yeah, hey, I get it, I get it. I always lean towards just don't buy these games if you don't like him. But having your store clogged up is frustrating. And Sony's allowed to decide what's in their store. So no, no, The only the only coupy I think shouldn't be allowed to decide what's in their store is Valve because they're basically a monopoly in my eyes, so they should be able to let everyone in because I don't want them picking winners and losers. But Sony, sure, why not.
Speaker 2: Cut this out? But also it's like, what was this?
Speaker 1: I used the PlayStation and I never really noticed this stuff. I guess that's anecdotal, but still it's like, I don't just ignore it, move on, buy the games, you want to buy instead. Was this really hurt anybody outlives another?
Speaker 2: That's right, he's making art, all right.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm in love with your dead Grandma. Free Online Battle Loyal is out.
Speaker 1: Now, beautiful. Yeah, it clogs up the recent tabs. Yeah, I don't know. I've always seen people kind of you know, recently, though, I haven't seen people complaining about this much. It was something maybe a little bit more a couple of years ago. I always say, hey, just improve the discoverability on your store. That's maybe a better use of your time. But the thing you do that pretty quickly my getting rid of a thousand crappy games, So I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing that I really wish PlayStation would do is add like a developer page, because they still don't have that, And that's just like a very easy discoverability thing of like I want to see other Devolver games and it just makes it a lot easier to sort through stuff. But yeah, that feels like something that like Nintendo has that and PlayStation doesn't, and it feels like it would help a lot.
Speaker 2: Yep. Nintendo stories are messed though, too.
Speaker 1: Oh god. Yeah, yeah, and again, like I just ignore it for the most part. Nintendo makes it a little bit more difficult to ignore because they just their discoverability is nothing.
Speaker 2: They're really bad at it.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, let's see you last things.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. Saya is gearing up for Sonics thirty fifth anniversary. What should we do? How should we prepare? How do we protect ourselves?
Speaker 3: Eh? I don't want to go to any more Sonic potties, not after the Saga one I went to in Japan with the Poledounces and Shadow the Hedgehog.
Speaker 1: I wish I won the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish I was joking about that.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, we'll do We'll do chili dogs and Sonic teenies everybody, and that's how we'll celebrate.
Speaker 2: They'll probably have some stuff to announce this year.
Speaker 1: We'll see twenty twenty six marks the Sonic the Hedgehogs thirty fifth anniversary, a thrilling milestone for one of the most legendary gaming and entertainment icons for over three decades. Blah blah blah. They're they're saying he's old. He's an old dude. Uh, But those movies make a lot of money, and they're gonna want to keep making games and stuff to keep it relevant, so we'll see how they celebrate it. All right, let's see here poll question from yesterday. I have my results over here, but I'm going to refreshed to see what the latest stuff is. Are you going back to your Animal Crossing island in New Horizons? Nine percent said no, I'm starting a new island, Eighteen percent said yes, I am just going back to my old island. Twenty six percent, though, said no, I'm waiting for the next game, so not even going to play it again, and then forty seven percent.
Speaker 2: Said no, I don't play Animal Crossing.
Speaker 1: So a fair number of people, though, gonna just jump back in and play it one way or the other. And that's you know, if you kind of that's about a quarter.
Speaker 2: Of respond it's a little bit more than that.
Speaker 1: And if you take into account how much that game sold, I bet that d'ls is gonna do just fine for Nintendo. I man, I just kind of was wishing. I wish we would get a new Animal Crossing sooner rather than later. Though, uh yeah, when our people are feeling I've not touched it.
Speaker 2: Samone Nison Chat says found it real boring. We'll see what people say, Okay, that's out of the way.
Speaker 1: No new poll question because it's Friday, so it's time to do the Bomb twelve. We'll get that here in a second. Before we do that, though, Lexi, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on all of that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I have that preview of Yakuzawami three up now on gamer guides dot com. You can also check out I'm gonna have some reviews going up there over the course of the rest of this year. I'm helping them out kind of expand their reviews and previews section as they try to grow and diversify that siche. You can check out start menu the website I want for people trying to break into the video games media industry. We had our Winter Spectacular going on. We still have a few pieces coming in. Loads of really cool pieces went up this year. Go check out some of those and the Giant Bomb guest lists. I me and Marino edited like sixty of those and those are all live now. The may or may not be one or two more trickling in depending on how things go. And yeah, I'm super proud all the work we did on those and they look great on the side, so shout outs to Chuck, so go eat some of those as well.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Yeah, you can go read those on Giant Bombs.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Giant Bomb, we're gonna be doing unprofessional Fridays later today where we're gonna do that five player team mode in Fortnite. We're gonna go check in on Fortnite the South Park stuff.
Speaker 2: Is that live?
Speaker 1: I guess we're gonna do Southbark stuff because we're millennials since the law, I think we have to.
Speaker 2: And then other stuff's happening.
Speaker 1: But behind the scenes, and we're getting stuff ready for debuting, you know, later later this month or next month.
Speaker 2: We'll let you guys know. It's gonna be a busy day over here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, check out giant bomb dot com for all of it and more. All right, let's see, I think it's time for the Bomb twelve. That's right, everybody. These are the twelve games that really matter to people who are really playing video games. We get your responses, we tabulate you can you always submit your game by going to Giant Bomb. You can find the vote here thing right next to the Bomb twelve on the home page in the meantime, here are the results for January sixteenth, starting with number twelve.
Speaker 2: You did it, Bud, Mike Manatti, You did.
Speaker 1: It two point Museum. Number twelve on the Bomb twelve. That's a big accomplishment for that game, and people, I think we're saying, yeah, I know, right, obviously he's rigged things over here. But yeah, obviously that was happening because he pushed it so hard during Game of the Year and people listened to that and they wanted to check it out, and they're in the community, and they.
Speaker 2: Dropped it on the Bomb twelve.
Speaker 1: Number eleven Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three, which has just been hovering up and down this chart at the entire time we've been doing it. Number ten Ghost of Vota. Number nine Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, the latest addition to the Nintendo Switch on Lines GameCube library.
Speaker 2: This is a classic.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people were happy to finally see this because if you wanted to play it, and you wanted to do so and on the up and.
Speaker 2: Up, game is very expensive. Number eight Ring Night Rain.
Speaker 1: Which I think got an update recently, and that's kind of that's send.
Speaker 2: People back to it.
Speaker 1: Number seven high Tail. What is high Tail? Is this the Minecraft like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the Minecraft ORPG like thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have no idea other than you have to buy it through their website and it's been in development since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, both those things are like, all right, yeah, Minecraft, that sounds about right. Okay, I'm gonna check out high Tail. Number six second Tory. I keep playing this.
Speaker 3: And it's a good game.
Speaker 2: It's really good, but I just need to.
Speaker 3: Again on PC because I got a view code for it on PlayStation and then I built this PC and I was like, I want to keep playing this.
Speaker 2: Yes, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Number five is Final Fantasy Tactics the Evilyes Chronicles. Number four is Arc Raiders. I means number three is Big Hops. That's a great platformer from Chris Wade and his team over there. That's hey, that's a real good game. We got a review up on the site if you want to know more about it. It's Three Plants Former where replays a little frog. He's got great movement.
Speaker 2: Number two Kingdom Come Deliverance too. Big week for that.
Speaker 1: That seems like one of those games a lot of people coming out of twenty twenty five are going, oh, that's in my backlog.
Speaker 2: I meant to try that. I should go give it a chance, and.
Speaker 1: Then number one continually and for like the last month or so, hades two.
Speaker 2: This is the one that everyone just can't put down.
Speaker 1: I'll know that your print for dropped off the list, so it was in the top three last week, was not kind of nowhere to be seen this time.
Speaker 2: The good news is.
Speaker 3: It did really well for you and fantasy critics, so that it balance.
Speaker 2: It crushed, that's right.
Speaker 1: And and my mess of a guess where I had to guess what it's Metacritic was going to be or its open critic was going to be three months before it came out.
Speaker 3: You really nailed down that one.
Speaker 2: I believed I was.
Speaker 1: I trusted in retro and Nintendo and in love, and I said, ninety six, that's it, and it didn't.
Speaker 3: Do nothing gets ninety six.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to have a world where I could believe that magic can still happen.
Speaker 3: All right, video games stopped getting that when the became more than ten websites.
Speaker 1: You know, someone pointed out, like, there's a lot of websites that do the five star scale now and it's like that drags things down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, So there you go. There's the Bomb twelve. We'll have a new one next Friday. I'll update things today so the link on the website on giant bomb dot com will be the new form so that you could submit your game for the next Bomb twelve. We'll tabulate it again, come back with those results on Friday. Until then, though, let's see here. Lexi, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime, globe, any any time.
Speaker 1: And thank you all for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.