Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials game dot com, and you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials game live dot com. You can play Initials all over.
Speaker 2: Town, bars, breweries, restaurants.
Speaker 1: Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 3: Join the Power Trips Zach Calverson. That's me at Treasure Island tonight for a doctor pre party in Parlay. Join me starting at four o'clock for your chance to win last minute tickets and upgrades. Full details now on KIF dot com. You or calendar and real quick. I'll be on the air tomorrow as well. White Berry Hill, Murray Hockey. I'm the fan following Gophers in before a while.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. You ok, that's so close as you it reminds me of too.
Speaker 1: Pa.
Speaker 3: Sound Yeah, that's definitely charge brilliant.
Speaker 2: All right, shall we? We can only be described as an enormous boner.
Speaker 1: It's cool grow let's dive into its saucage. Believe you said you've won the last two right?
Speaker 2: Is that right? I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's time for.
Speaker 3: Initials Game five point fifty three on the Power presented by Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing.
Speaker 5: Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing keeping homes comfortable for over sixty five years. New customers get a forty nine dollars furnace tune up in safety check and fur limited time. Get a free carbon monoxide detector called six one two two hundred twenty one twenty today or schedule online at HURLBERTHP dot com.
Speaker 2: That's Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 1: And make sure you follow the Power trip on social media and cafe and on social media because every Friday you can guess the initials on social media for a shout atay one hundred dollars gift card thanks to our friends at Hurlbert as well, which is pretty cool. So people have been guessing for weeks, but why not. You still get a couple of minutes if you want to jump on there and fire off five guesses. True, that's pretty cool. Let's go around the room for game five five three sauce. What happens if you win?
Speaker 2: Yet again?
Speaker 6: I'm sponsored by my friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. Their deal of the week is at Hainish Bakery in Red Wing. All Seventh Avenue Pizzas at Hanish Bakery is buy one, get one free. If I win today, tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one of you could win one hundred dollars to restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue by thanks.
Speaker 2: A thank you. Yes, what happens if you win?
Speaker 5: As always, I'm brought to you by my friends at ragcon and racco dot com. You get tempers off your entire order now through Monday in store online a ragcode dot Com When you use a purple code initials. Discount doesn'tply toppers but applies to everything else. Check it out today.
Speaker 1: Thank you Radco r Let's go ladies first, Marnie. What happens if you win?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 7: I'm sponsored by my good, great, fantastic friends at Great Clips. So if I win, tweet me tag Great Clips now through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win a full year of free haircuts. From great clips Salon. Let's get that holiday trim.
Speaker 2: You don't have this car?
Speaker 1: I bet yeah, I have two of them because I still have two haircuts I think from last year's car, and then I max it out this year.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 1: You save a bunch of money. I don't expire no anthon my location, kicks ass. I have like three gals because I don't like you know, I don't. I just walk right in, sit right down, and baby let my hair hang down. So I don't care who I get. But I got a good rotation.
Speaker 2: Of gals at my spot. They are all very fun. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder how many times you have asked that question this week?
Speaker 2: Somebody go back and count. I bet it's fifty. I said I was going to stop doing. I bet it's fifty times.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Uh Parish, what happens if you win today?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I am sponsored today by my good friends at ABC American Building Contractors, and if I win today, Sweet at Me at Mark the Parish and Tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win a one hundred dollars Visa gift Cardrah. Thank you, ABC American Building Contract Cards GOOS five.
Speaker 1: Of the home version just sold out this week, so we're down to this version four. But to appreciate everybody buying version five this year, you can be back in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: But you can still.
Speaker 1: I would say if you order today, if you're in the Twin Cities, you can probably get it before Christmas because e anything that's ordered this morning will go out later this afternoon. That's an Initials game dot Com at the Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, you all ready for us ship, let's go eight thousand anybody dollars?
Speaker 3: Now it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jack Pad's right.
Speaker 2: Eighty thousand, five hundreds.
Speaker 5: You're looking at buy a new car, save money in your current car, larn to it with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now for Carlin rates is lowest six point by today at Saint Paul SEU dot org slash KFA and federally insured by the NCUA. Thank you Saint Paul Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every week it goes up five hundred dollars and if you get one letter in the right spot, you win two and fifty bucks like the.
Speaker 2: Guy last week what he got one fifty bucks?
Speaker 1: But if you guess both letters in the right spot, you win the Progressive jack Pot.
Speaker 2: Thanks as Saint Paul Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: It's at an all time record eighty thousand, five hundred dollars. And just if you're one of those people, and we have a couple of people working here, if you're like, well, that thing's never going off, it's impossible.
Speaker 2: It's gone off twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just has been a couple of years since it's hit. And some of the combos are tough, some or not. It's not an easy thing to hit, but it's gonna be worth it when it does.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What is your name and where are you from?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Hello, my name is Douglas from Ohio. Douglas from Ohio. Let's go gotcha, Douglas. Are you originally from Minnesota or how'd you find this? I've just been in a Viking stand in my whole life. Love awesome and I let's listen to you guys. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: I listen to you guys every day.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. Ohio. Where are you at Van Buren?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Okay, enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Man, I appreciate you listening.
Speaker 1: Well, how far would eighty thousand, five hundred dollars go in Ohio?
Speaker 2: Would you be a king? I would definitely be living large.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's see if we can get Douglas in Ohio who is a lifelong Vikings fan who listens to this trash five days a week. Douglas, take a shot. Eighty thousand, five hundred dollars. What letters do you want? D by toy, oh toy, oh, BT, boy toy, boy.
Speaker 2: Toy, BT is in boy toy? Got it on?
Speaker 1: Let's go. Come on, he's a boy toy, all right, Zach Douglas, Douglas, come on, come on, Doug is.
Speaker 2: Going BT for a boy toy?
Speaker 1: What if it is BT and boy toy is one of my twelve items? Well, I already wrote it down, Douglas, Douglas, Douglas, Douglas, you seemed like a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Let go, Douglas. You guess BC and Douglas you have.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got at least one, and for the second consecutive week, we have a sweat. Doug, you have guaranteed yourself two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Saint Paul, Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: If you have both letters in the right spot, you're eighty thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: For Van Buren. What this would be a Christmas miracle for Douglas. Doug would be a movie tug Dog.
Speaker 1: Come on, Doug, you know, Doug, let's break down the math for a second. Nobody likes now that you know you have one letter right right. The other letter there's twenty six letters. The other letter, there's like eight letters that probably aren't very likely. You really have like a one in sixteen or so chance. Come on, of winnnd dollars, you realize that you're like one out.
Speaker 2: Of sixteen at this point, give or take. That's how close you are. Give it to him. Yeah, I get that. Yeah, Unfortunately, that's just close day. Sorry man, oh man.
Speaker 1: But Doug, you went two one hundred and fifty bucks thanks to saying Federal Douglas please.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he gets beats. He he got the the easy letter, he got the B. The other one was going to be very tough. Qu yeah, B. And then we have a vowel R. Nope, uh, eighty five hundred dollars. If he had said B E wow, the letter E. But he got the B for two fifty. That's pretty cool. Sial Christmas presents right there for Douglas and Ohio.
Speaker 2: All right, the.
Speaker 1: Game five to five three is going to feature the combo b E. Here we go, everybody.
Speaker 2: Ready, day baby sure b E number one.
Speaker 1: Clue number one could be a temporary balance. Clue number two is not a profitable state. Huh yeah, break even, that's right. That is excellent. Break even, which is losing.
Speaker 5: No, when you leave the casino, you break even.
Speaker 1: You one, that's correct, And it all depends on if you had a big comeback or lost it all. Right. If you lost it all and you break even, you feel like you lost. If you were down a fortune and break even, you feel.
Speaker 2: Like a million dollars. It's the best feeling ever.
Speaker 1: Okay hawk has one with break even. Here's number two.
Speaker 2: Of b E.
Speaker 1: Clue number one is.
Speaker 2: A nautical term involving a rope or chain.
Speaker 1: Clue number two features an enduring struggle. Clue number three often intends to highlight perseverance. Clue number four someone might be with you until this. Clue number five sticking with conflict until this conclusion. Final clue Clue number six This is the final point of a challenging situation. All yep four three bad ending everybody else five four three two one? Why you know what's I got after one?
Speaker 2: Bitter end? That is the bitter.
Speaker 1: End with somebody until the bitter end.
Speaker 2: Has been in here on the phone. That was it distracting? What are you distracted?
Speaker 1: You? That's bitter end. That is a nautical term. You knew it off, the nautical term, Zacharya.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it was the uh the what did you say?
Speaker 2: Men on a boat? Yes, that's I was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was stuck with the nautical term, and I was nowhere near bitter all right.
Speaker 1: Chris has one. Everybody misses bitter end. Here's number three of b E Clue number one. This term comes from the literal experience. Clue number two is problematic. Clue number three has a negative influence. Clue number four could be contaminated. Clue number five aruk. Assault was Mark Mark was first bad egg.
Speaker 2: Willie Walker called Assault a bad egg. She was a bad egg. She was, I was kind of.
Speaker 1: And then the band had one awesome hits either shreds Pok has one, Parish has one. Here's number four of number one is sometimes past Clue number two. One of the words is a reference to a physical barrier. Clue number three. This may include a performance mark okay, broken ego, perish out for the rest of number four. Clue number four.
Speaker 2: This is taken.
Speaker 1: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: This is around two days long.
Speaker 1: Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 2: Marnie for exams. That really wow, the light bulb went on. Exam. Yeah, in the performance part, you got to get.
Speaker 1: Up there and you know, go through the whole spiel like do a you know, a mock trial or whatever. You got to do the whole thing. That's the performance part. I didn't know it was too days long.
Speaker 3: Marty.
Speaker 2: What does your shirt say? It's a Christmas shirt and what does it say? I like them real thick and spiracy.
Speaker 7: It's a picture of trees, Christmas trees, first trees.
Speaker 2: I'm in the spirit. I wish there's a show was classic.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Hawk is in the spirit, you know, Marty. Marty has one, Hawk has one, Parish has one. Here is number five of.
Speaker 1: B E number one.
Speaker 2: Achieving security.
Speaker 1: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: Often follows a resolution.
Speaker 1: Clue number three. This often follows positive news. Clue number four.
Speaker 2: This often follows stress anxiety and tension.
Speaker 1: Clue number five, Marnie breathe easy.
Speaker 2: That yeah nice some positiveness just killing me. Yeah yeah, nice job, Marsy Larnsay, Marnie, Marnie, Marnie all right said she.
Speaker 1: Takes the lead with two after bar examine. Breathe easy. She has two, Hawk has one, Parish has one. Sauce is going to be a dad in a week. Here we go. Here's number six. Here b e. How about baby number one? Considered neutral. Clue number two can be difficult to interpret. Clue number three associated with indifference.
Speaker 2: M hm yeah.
Speaker 1: Clue number four, this can be helpful in poker. Clue number five.
Speaker 2: Lacks a reaction.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Clue clue number six. A poker face with no visible emotion is often said to have one of these on your face.
Speaker 2: Marty, Yeah, blank expression. That's right.
Speaker 1: That is a blank expression. And Marny has three straights.
Speaker 4: I wanted so badly to ring in and say bead eyes. I was hoping I was going to actually get it, and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it.
Speaker 1: I could tell you didn't know it by the blank expression on your face.
Speaker 2: Marnie can breathe easy because you're starting to pull away, Marny.
Speaker 1: You have three, Hawk has one, Parish has one, but there's six to go. Everybody's still. Here's number seven, number seven of Bee Clue number one associated with a relatively short period of time. Clue number two. This is a pattern. Clue number three lax control. Clue number four.
Speaker 2: This involves excess. Marny, go for it, binge eating.
Speaker 1: That's four straight for Marny.
Speaker 2: We can't stop that.
Speaker 1: You can't stop the Marnie, Marnie, Marny, what a way catch fire?
Speaker 3: Illustraight?
Speaker 5: I like I'd like when you get.
Speaker 2: Marns. For some reason, I don't know what right?
Speaker 4: What was that last answer?
Speaker 2: I forgot Hawk?
Speaker 1: I I can't remember Martins. Well done, four straight pulling away. You have a three point lead with five to go, on the brink of winning. Not quite yet, but on the brink. Marnie has four, Hawk and Parish have one. Sauce yet to score. Five to go. Here is number eight of b E. Clue number one didn't exist until the twenty first century. Clue number two featured in the twenty twenty one Bond film No Time to Die. Clue number three, known for lunch Clue number four works closely with a sibling. Clue number five could be heard in twenty twenty threes Barbie Paul's first or three two one Marne Billy Eilish, What day I was gonna guess that.
Speaker 4: Billy freaking Oh my gosh, my daughter is so mad at me. But then when when the lunch part, I was like, wait a minute, I think that's one of Billie Eilish's.
Speaker 1: Picture is Wow, Marns, five straight, Marns.
Speaker 2: I never happened before.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to look up. Honestly, what your record is? Five straights?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable for me, it's one straight? What seriously? What was the answer number seven? What was number seven being eating? Yeah, beinge eating?
Speaker 7: Billy in your head, Hey, that's one of Billie Eilish.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, It took me a second till if you take a lunch lunch lunch lunch, and then I kind of realized it was a person.
Speaker 2: And then I'm man, you know what you know for winning very rarely? You you're really mean.
Speaker 1: Her concert last month, that was one of my favorite concert experiences in a long time.
Speaker 2: She's so good, my fan.
Speaker 4: My daughter has not stopped she's switched from Taylor Swift to Billie Eilish.
Speaker 2: Concert was over. Marnie has five.
Speaker 1: Hawk and Parish each have one social but sorry Hawk Hawk needs the last four or Parish needs the last any other combination in Marnie's the winner.
Speaker 2: You just got to relax, Manes. I am known for it. Yeah, Maddy Martins, Marny going for the way. And here's number nine of b E.
Speaker 1: Clue number one not always but typically come in pairs. Clue number two typically fades. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Is is commonly associated with the color red. Marny, why not bloodshot eyes? I mean, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, look look at this has to be said. Marny.
Speaker 1: You have six with three to go. If you run the table, you tie the record. You're in record territory with six straight and power trip initials. If you're listening, somebody's gonna have to look up what the record is.
Speaker 2: Didn't do get eight?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: In?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 2: Has gotten seven or eight?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I think Dope got eight during the tournament this summer, and I think record.
Speaker 2: Could I win the eighty thousand? No? No, no, uh, there's three to go. Marnie has already locked up the win. But now, Marnie, Marnie, are you.
Speaker 1: Marnie, run it off, let's go come on, Okay, no problem. Marnie has six hawk in parish with one E. Here's number ten of b E. Clue number one potentially involved in a coin flip. Clue number two in a sense might be eight feet long. Clue number three originally is simply brown. Clue number four often used as a symbol Barney Marny for a billion in a row?
Speaker 2: Right, my gosh, this is awesome.
Speaker 3: Del Young Park tied the most correct answers in the game. Sauceted it first in game one twenty six. A j did it in game one ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Those are nine, But do we know how many in a row? Is the that's the most cracked in a row of eight?
Speaker 1: Sorry, so eight is the most in a row and nine is the most in a game.
Speaker 2: Correct, So Marnymarty, if you get the next one, you have eight straight.
Speaker 1: If you get the next two, join an you apologize.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second fun Uh is there a jacket for that or not?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Just nine is the record? Just get these last time? She already has tied the record with seven. I'm sorry, she's going to tie the recD okay at eight that you are to Liebrin sauce had.
Speaker 1: I was pretty sure do get eight. So eight is the record for consecutive answers.
Speaker 2: That's what Marnie. You're here, Mark, let's go.
Speaker 1: This is to tie the consecutive point record with eight straight. Unbelievable, Marnie, here we go. Number eleven of b E. Clue number one can be achieved. Clue number two is a qualification. Clue number three meets the criteria. Clue number four is often connected to the number five hundred. Clue number five allows future participation in.
Speaker 2: At least one game.
Speaker 1: Clue number six it.
Speaker 2: Typically takes six wins to be this five four. Yep, sorry, Martin's bull eligible.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 2: Eligibility. Wow, that's how you're playing nice against.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable run. All right, Martins, you can still put up in eight. What did you get the mall? Was it seven or eight? And I think that was your record, So I think this would be your personal record. So Marnie is still trying to put your own record unbelievable number twelve of B just so Marnie can.
Speaker 2: Rub it in everybody's faces.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Number one frequently photographed. Clue number two there are two of them. Clue number three typically v shaped. Clue number four are.
Speaker 2: Often unknowingly behind a person.
Speaker 1: Paul Bunny.
Speaker 2: Still Mars seven straight. Welcome. That was a hell of a performance, Martins. Thank you.
Speaker 7: What happens well, you can now tweet me and tag Great Clips through the end of Sunday and one of you is is going to win free haircuts from Great Clips.
Speaker 2: Salons for an entire year. Thank you Great Clips man, Martins. Seven straight?
Speaker 7: What was the bald eagle clue? Started out with something about a coin flip potentially involved in a coin flip. Oh, because it's on the on the back of a quarter, could be.
Speaker 1: Potentially involved in a coin flip. Let's go through Barney. You went, you went and we missed one. You went bar Exam and we missed You went bar Exam. Breathe, easy, blank expression, binge eating Philly Eilish, bloodshot eyes and bald eagles.
Speaker 2: Seven straight? Well done, good, it felt good. Mars.
Speaker 1: When are you on TV next Tomorrow night? Tomorrow Night against the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Well as Warriors from Target Center Parish? Are you on tonight? I am on tonight and tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm watching tomorrow tonight against Utah and tomorrow against.
Speaker 1: Somebody that Winn came up with it. Nine noon is next Friday Football Feast.
Speaker 2: Anybody know where it is?
Speaker 1: We didn't have chart on earlier, so now I'm not even sure you know where the Friday flip Oh Neptune if you're at the Neptune Buffalo. Yeah, the Friday Football Feast is next. Everybody will break down on Seahawks vikings five thirty to nine on Monday. Then we're off for a couple days for Christmas. But we'll talk to you Monday morning at five thirty. Say yup, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Everybody. We'll say you're any handsl Wellnes today you have a dame, but love you. Merry Christmas girl,