Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm Boston News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, we are in our fourth and final hour, and we're talking about an issue that we've never talked about on Nightside. We're in our eighteenth year, and to the best of my knowledge, we have never devoted an hour to this. This is a subject that has been out there, heard about it, never focused on it. By the way, one of my most trusted correspondents just sent me a text. For some time, certain fresh oranges have dull, collared skin and have been dyed for years. I learned that in Wayhi years ago. Well guess what look I like oranges. Thank you very much for that information. I like oranges, and they taste great, okay, and they're a great source of vitamin C. I love the pulp and all of that. I love those oranges that are seedless and all of that. I don't need to have them, you know, have the the the color that is artificially increased to make it, you know, as orange as you can make it. I don't care what color it is, as it long as it tastes good, that's all. And I certainly, you know, I think we have we've been conditioned in this country that if we see a bag of oranges and unless they are the perfectly shaped or the I think we've all been conditioned for that, To be really honest with you and I and I think that that we should have smartened up about this a long time ago. Again, never interviewed our FK Junior. So this has got nothing to do with you know, he's a friend of mine. I've interviewed many members of the Kennedy family over the years. He is. He's not someone I know, not someone ever talked with. But he's stuck with this issue and you got to give him credit for it, as well as doctor Marty McCarey, now the FDA commissioner. And you got to give President Trump some credit on this. And I want to hear some of my progressive friends and maybe I won't, but I will be disappointed if I don't, although maybe not surprised. I want some of you to step up to the bar and say, look, I don't like Donald You can tell me that you don't like Donald Trump, but this is something that you have believed in for years, and it doesn't matter under what administration that gets accomplished. But if we get these dies, these orange dyes, these red dyes, these green dyes, these blue dyes, all of these dyes out of our food chain. That's a good thing and that's something that all of us should agree upon. And if it was President obamalled it up, who pulled it off of President Biden, I would want my Republicans to belly to the bar and tell me, guess what, you gotta give them credit? This was this, This is this is make America healthy again. Got a couple of sebbies here from RFK Junior because I want him to get the glory in this one and get him to get him to credit. This is cut number twenty three. Please Rob if you do cut twenty three.
Speaker 4: And my uncle was present three percent of American kids at chronic disease. Today it's around the sixty percent.
Speaker 3: And these are a broad category the ones.
Speaker 4: That already mentioned like ADYHD, neurological disorders ADD EIGHTYHD, speech delay, language lay ticks to red syndrome, arcolepsy, ASD, and autism. All of these are injuries that I never heard of when I was a kid. They were not part of the nomenclature, they weren't part of the dialogue.
Speaker 3: And there's a huge expense associated with this. The next cut, rob cut twenty four.
Speaker 4: There was zero spent in this country treating chronic disease when my uncle was president. Today is about one point eight trillion dollars annually. Is bankrupting our nation. Seventy four percent of American kids cannot qualify for military service. Oh, how are we going to maintain our global leadership with such a sick population?
Speaker 3: And then one other final quote, this is RFK cut twenty five. Up.
Speaker 4: We have all these autoimmune diseases, these exotic diseases, and again I never heard of juvenile diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, loupis, Cron's disease, and one hundred others that were just unknown when I was a kid. I never knew anybody with a peanut allergy. I never knew anybody with a food allergy. Well, I do five of my seven kids of allergies. I never knew of anybody who had. I have a very small number of children with asthma, but that has exploded as well today, and our fertility is dropping dramatically. Teenagers in this country today have the same as the hostrung levels as sixty eight year old men.
Speaker 3: Are our girls are.
Speaker 4: Reaching puberty six years early, from ten to fourteen years old, and this is a This is existential for our country and we have to address it.
Speaker 3: It has been addressed by the Food and Drug Administration and be Health and Human Services and get these phony food dyes, petroleum based food dies, get rid of them. We have a lot of sound here that I can play, but I want the sound I want to hear from all of you. Let me go to Jennifer in Brockton. Jennifer, welcome, you are next on night Side. This is something I think we should celebrate.
Speaker 5: With you.
Speaker 6: I'm not a fan of Trump, not a fan of our FK. However, they deserve a big round applause on.
Speaker 3: You know this.
Speaker 6: We've been aware of this. We've been I have two kids. We've been looking at the labels of a sense I can remember, and you know, shopping is difficult for me because I look at I check everything. But you know it's not just the food ayes. I'm glad that they're focused on that. I think that's a great place to start, and it's right there. Everyone can see a plane and simple, but there's a lot of deception on the labels. I'm hoping that they get to some of the other issues too, like there's a lot of ingredients. I don't know if you ever heard of the term excito talksin.
Speaker 3: I've read some. I've read some of the labels like you, and it's almost as if were like the little mice that are on the treadmills. We're all working. We got to get everything accomplished. They know we don't read the labels. Because most of us don't have time to read the labels. We rely on government to really to read the labels. I will take Robin F. Kennedy Junior's guidance on this because I think he understands the issues, and he may be a buch to the beat of a different drama in many respects. His voice sounds a little weird, but he's dealing with some sort of a condition or a disease. We need to listen to what he says when he talks about this. It's a simple It's as simple as that. And and I read labels like you do, I probably have less of an understanding. I don't even know. I kin't even pronounce these chemicals.
Speaker 6: Right, like malted extra and not me seems scary they're really terrible. You know, we all know about MSG. Everyone's sort of MSG. It's it's like a flavor enhancer, and when foods touch the spoil, it helps it keep a good flavor longer. So I don't like that because it's deceptive, and I don't want to be paying top top dollar for my food only to know that it's filled with all this nasty stuff. But like, I don't know if you ever notice on the label, Dan, like this is something that really likes. Shocked me. The term natural flavor have you used?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what that means. I mean natural flavor. Yeah, I think the implication is, well, it's it's the flavor of whatever this and it hasn't been adulterated, but I suspected it probably has go ahead.
Speaker 6: It is. I had a research it myself because I couldn't believe it, but it is. It's the annual glands. Yes, yes, because it supposedly has a tangy like sour type flavor, and they use it for like vanilla flavoring when they don't want to use like vanilla, the extensive raspberry flavoring, strawberry flavoring, and ganala, those three which you know, and children's foods and you know, we all love strawberries raspberry vanilla. So yeah, yeah, so you want to make sure you see vanilla bean specs or whatever if you can avoid natural flavor, that's what that's what that is.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, at this point, boy, I will never forget the definitions.
Speaker 6: I think it's called cassium, a cassium caesium something like that. Like you could look it up and you'd find the information.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'll get I'll get my crack staff on that.
Speaker 6: I'm sure. There's so much more too, you know, like and it's not just it's not just the food, it's also the food colorings are in the lotions. You know, we we try to go natural all across the bowld everything, you know, medications, we're aware, like you know, they can use vegetable coloring for the food coloring if you need to, you know, decorate a cake or whatever. You need food coloring for whatever you need it for. So there's definitely ways to do it. It's just costs more money, but I think people will be willing to pay a little more for health. And you know, I think he makes a lot of good points too about you know, the differences between Europe and America this disease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the statistics, which I haven't read tonight, are astonishing. I mean, you know, I believe it, and we've all seen I believe we all know these numbers. And you know, look, as I say, I'm on the wrong side of fifty I'm sure that I grew up. I know that right now. I've improved my I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, I'm on the other side of fifty two. And I grew We grew up on kool Aid. My mother told me that with juice. Yeah, I mean I had.
Speaker 7: At all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I wasn't much on kool Aid, to be honest with you, But I'll tell you this. I now drink more water. I'm on the Awaken one Eddie diet. I lost thirty five pounds, did it naturally. There was no pills involved. I did it naturally through exercise and learning how to eat. And I've kept it off for ten years. I got to tell you, I don't know if I would be alive today if I had not lost thirty five pounds with Awake on one Eddie.
Speaker 6: And I don't need to be killed great too, well, I mean Jim.
Speaker 3: You know, I lived weights, you know. Now, look, I played a lot of sports as a kid. I ran a lot in my twenties and thirties, ran the roads. And then what happened. You know, kids came along, they got involved in sports. Now you're a spectator. You're driving them from hockey rink to hockey rink, or softball field to softball field. Uh and what are you doing? You're you're at the hockey rink and you're starving. You grab a pepsi and a piece of slice, a piece or two slices of yeah, you know, and then all of a sudden you look in the mirror and say, wait a sec, what happened to me? But part of that also is the stuff we're talking about here. So look, I'm delighted that you called, and I'm delighted that you don't like Trump, but you're you're you have enough integrity to acknowledge that this might not have happened. Look, Joe Biden had four years of this. I think that the Biden administration did, to their credit eliminate one of these dies. But one let me just make let me make sure under the Biden administration, let me give him credit. Under the Biden administration, the FDA has already mandated that by January fifteen, two thousand and seven, a being on red dye number three found in candy, desserts and some medications. So we'll give Biden credit for that. But the Trump team has eliminated a promise to eliminate eight blue one and two, green three, red dye, forty yellow numbers five and six, and citrus red number two. So thanks exactly the caller I'm looking for tonight because guess what, you're an open minded person who's willing to say, Hey, something good was accomplished by an administration that you didn't vote for and that you don't support. Uh, And I would hope.
Speaker 6: That everything like that, you know, and we wouldn't have half the problems we have.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, this is one step, and.
Speaker 6: I have to say something on that. Can I say something on that note? Just something I was really disappointed with this week the President his address on Easter to the country was just her horrible, you know, we need to do that.
Speaker 3: So much stuff out. I didn't see it. What did he say that was that bothered you?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it was just insight.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it. So that I'm asking you out. I'm asking you out of total ignorance. I'm not challenging. I just want to know what he said.
Speaker 6: It was a good long paragraph that was just horrible insults at half of America if the liberal judges. And then it was like in God bless, how do you start it again? Yeah? I mean I could pull it up, but it would take a minute or two.
Speaker 3: No problem. I'll take you tell like you tell a somebody who's honest. And I appreciate Jen. Thank you so much, great God, thanks, You're welcome. All right. We got one line at six one seven two five four ten thirty, and I got two at six one seven nine three ten thirty. I think this is a great day. I don't want to over emphasize it, but as somebody who has a two and a half year old soon to be three year old grandson, let's you know, I would hope that that this is going to make his life better and and little kids who are coming along, even those who haven't been born yet, that they will not have to put up with some of this junk in their food. Light these lines up, folks, this is one that we should celebrate. The big food companies have fooled us for too long. Back on Night Side, the only line is six one.
Speaker 4: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the phone. It's gonna go to Tim and Ruber and Tim, I celebrate what's happened today. I hope you do as well.
Speaker 1: I do. This red dye thing is too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, they fooled us for too long, you know, and it's sort of something that none of us took seriously. Obviously. Robert F. Kennedy Junr. Has been focused on this for a long time, and thank god that he has, because he's he's prevailed on this and I know that that a lot of people make fun of him. I don't understand that, but that's okay. He was right in this issue and we will be a healthier country as as a result, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Right, you said you had an orange today. I had two oranges today. Like orange.
Speaker 3: I love an app I'm pretty simple. I'm an apple and orange guy. And every once in a while, when I see grapes purple or green grapes on sale, they get really expensive this time of year. I love strawberries, I love blueberries, I love fruit. To be honest with you, and I'm a vegetable guy too. I mean it's you know, they're the best. They're the best for you. I wish I could function on just fruits and vegetables, but yeah, you gotta. I had a great dinner tonight. We we had chicken and rice and broccoli, uh here on Sunday night. And I put some of it in the fridge and I warmed it up, put it in the micro way tonight and it tasted just as good tonight as it did on Sunday night. Chicken with some brown rice. Yeah, it's a little bit of bread. And I had my best meal of the last two or three nights. To be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to tell you the truth, I've been vegetarian for fifty years.
Speaker 3: Really, Now, when you say vegetarian, do you mean you've never eaten meat in fifty years?
Speaker 1: That's right? Not red meat, not chicken, not poultry, nothing.
Speaker 3: Really. So like if you go to a ball game, no hamburger, no hot dog.
Speaker 1: Nothing, no, no, you must.
Speaker 3: Have an iron will What made you decide that? Tim? Was it just out?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I'll try and tell you real quick. I was reading a sports Illustrate in nineteen seventy. That's when I stopped and there was an article on pro running backs and track guys. Right, I played football, baseball and ran tracked. Anyhow, the top guys like guys like the guys from Dallas was again the big running.
Speaker 3: Back from Dallas, Emmitt Smith.
Speaker 1: Emitt Emmitt Smith. Anyhow, they stopped eating me because they thought they were quicker off the mock. That's why he's basically stopped anyhow, And I eat a lot of cereal. You know, this is a very educational show to night. I didn't know half this stuff. But I'm a big mashed potato man. Vegetables and vegetables fruit. I don't eat no sugar to speak of.
Speaker 3: Boy, I'll tell you that. That's a lot of discipline. That's that's that's great. You got to be in great shape. If you have done that, you must have kept your weight down and all of that. And you know how old were you in nineteen seventy How when you made this decision? How old were you?
Speaker 1: All Right? I was on fifty one, so what was I nineteen nineteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think, boy, that's that's a great decision for a nineteen year old to make because back in those days, guys who were nineteen years old, they were you know, they were looking to get a burger, go to the barbecue. Hey yeah, just think of all the all the bad stuff that you avoided. Tim, and.
Speaker 1: I graduated nineteen sixty nine. I waited one hundred and forty five. Right now, I wait won forty seven.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. Well, that's testimony to what you're doing. You're on a you know, on on the best diet that anybody could have. Congratulations, Okay, I look forward to seeing you on Sunday up at the brunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, hopefully, I can't wait. Looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: Right back at you, Tim, We'll see you on Sunday. Okay, thanks so much. A Hi, Dan, You're welcome. I'll tell you I get a lot of great callers, and I'm looking for more callers than this one. This is a victory. Now. Look, if if you're I don't want to politicize this, but you've got to give Donald Trump's administration credit for taking on These are big cereal companies that use a lot of this die stuff. Okay, if you know, you know, I learned a lot about it today. You know, We've talked about it, But why do you need phony colors in your foods? You either like the taste of the food or you don't. The color doesn't give it any taste. The color only psychologically plays with your brain. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I think this is such an important story, and I'm surprised don't disappoint me. This is one that I don't care if you're a Democrat or Republican, conservative, liberal, progressive, libertarian, independent, unenrolled, or whatever. This is a victory for everyone, and it's particularly a victory for young people who have kids, or from those of us who might have a grandchild or two. This is this is a day that should be celebrated. And I hope you agree with me, and if you don't, I'm disappointed, to be honest with you. Back on Nightside, light them up right back after this.
Speaker 8: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: For those of you who have just joined us, we are talking about a development that has really taking place in the last couple of days in which the Trump administration, in the person of Health and Human Services Secretary of Robin F. Kennedy Junior, and the new FDA Commissioner Marty McCarey have announced their decision to remove synthetic petroleum based food dies and replace them with natural food based dies. I don't even know why you need any dies at all. If there's a product that somehow someone mentioned earlier, I guess it was. I think it was Sheldon from Sharon Last Hour said that they were using the red dye to make Mascarino cherries look more red. I mean really, uh, and they're putting this garbage in our food and our food. Next up is if you want to join us. You know the numbers ted and mauled and ted. You were next on Knights. I appreciate you holding through the news. Your next on nightside Ted, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey Dan A long time.
Speaker 8: I was a little out of pocket today and I knew that RFK would do this, But I'm so is this. I'm very cynical because I think the agriculture and the oil lobby and the big egg is going to come after this. That's listen. I'm a little younger than you. Remember when we were a kid, you would have the sugar bowl on the table for breakfast, you push on your that was, but it's it's like it's gone to such a point. Do you ever think you're gonna eat something you get a different taste. About a year ago, my daughter comes over the house and she's grown and she brings grapes. And I'm a gluten free diabetics. I really am kept with my diet like you. I lost fifty pounds years ago. I've kept it off. So I go to eat this grape. It's a freaking cotton candy grape. I spit it out. So what is this youse? It's caught a grape. Shouldn't taste like cotton candy. And that's where I get like if you go to My problem too is when people go to Europe like I'm gluten free. I worked in the beer industry forever. That did not exist years ago. That's all spraying the wheat and all that stuff. Nobody had SEAIAC disease. I was just in the hospital for two weeks on off because of stomach issues, and I just people go to Europe and they say it's so, you know, it's great, you can eat up and down Italy and be fine. But then somebody said this to me yesterday about the food diet. Well, that's socialism. You know, we have a right to eat our food. And you know, let's face it, a lot of the Trump voters aren't the healthiest of people. I think it's great they're doing this. I just wanted to now, does this does this have to stay in place for his for the rest of his term or can this be revoked.
Speaker 3: As I as I understand it, and you know, I've tried to read as much on it today. Basically I'm looking at an article out of USA today eight artificial dies will be phased out, not should be phased out, will be phased out of US food supply health sector. Off k Junior says, this is this is.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know what over how many years? Three years, four years.
Speaker 3: Two years, two years, two years, two years.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what's what's the natural based died? Because obviously the oil industry wants a petroleum based died like I don't like.
Speaker 3: Sorry, not my understanding, and I'll answer that question. My understanding is that, as a matter of fact, I think that McCarey can answer that for you. Since you asked that question. Okay, I'm gonna we're going to play. This is doctor Marty mc mccarrey. He's the head of the Food and Drug Administration. He's been on our show. He's a he's a surgeon at Johns Hopkins in Maryland, in Baltimore, a trendsplant surgeon, as I understand it, obviously a pretty smart guy. This is he's now the head of the FDA and he is shoulder to shoulder with RFK on this. This is cut number twenty nine. I want is this actually this SoundBite actually answers your questions? So let's let's hear it rob Cut twenty nine.
Speaker 10: For companies that are currently using petroleum based red dye, try watermelon juice or beat juice. For companies currently combining petroleum based yellow chemical and red dyes together, tri carrot juice. The FDA is also announcing plans today to authorize four additional natural color additives using natural ingredients in the coming weeks, while also accelerating the review and approval of other natural ingredient colors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I mean, I think this is for real. And by the way you talked about sugar, I want you to listen to what OURFK had to say about sugar and then I'll get your response cut twenty six as give.
Speaker 4: Me this diabetes crisis. When I was a kid, I always say this, a typical pediatrician would see one case of diabetes in his lifetime. He is one out of every three kids that walk through his office door. And our most reason study from Mania of American teams, it's half our old population.
Speaker 3: This is that essential.
Speaker 4: We are spending as much on mi diochondrial disorders like diabetes as we spend on our military budget. We can't continue to exist like this. And the you know, the problem is industry is making money. I'm keeping us sick.
Speaker 3: So in the innsity of questioned ted, there's a couple of the points that you raise, which which are good points. And by the way, I think it's pretty clear that that RFK Junior, along with doctor McCarey uh that they have prevailed and this is going to happen. And they're putting a time limit by the end of next year, so it's less than two years. Well to be.
Speaker 8: Fare RFK like just like Bernie Sanders, love him or hate him, he's always said the same thing when r f K and I've said this to people oh no Trump, I go, no, he's going after this stuff. He loves this stuff. It's gonna happen. And the sugar thing is I try to go completely sugar free once and the hitting sugar is in food evenfoo do you think is good? You got to read labels and it's hard. And of course he's writing diabetes. I have friends who have pre diabetes. They don't take care of themselves. But the other thing is to do that. You also, like, as a diabetic, influent dependent person, I cannot get the insulin I need because of the ozepic craze because the companies obviously would rather sell to somebody for cash and somebody like me who's going to go through insurance. So you got to work, you know, you get to you guys know this is always as you peel the onion back, there's always stuff and there's always compromise. I think, listen, I've said this to you before, a cult. I have not voted for either major candidate, and the last three elections I write people in. But that said, the person that wins is my president. I don't want to see them fails. That's stupid, you know what I mean? So that people he's in office for at least a few more years. We're gonna see what happens with the midterms. And it is what it is, and people have to get off the bus. And I have a very young liberal daughter and we had the debate the other day. She thinks they have to go further left in the next election because Bernie and AOC get rallies and I spent getting rallies is different than getting votes. If the Democrats don't go to the center and get off the issues that don't affect them and.
Speaker 3: No questions, no question question about that. I mean, I think the progressive Democrats, I think it's a suicide pact in their party. But they'll make that decision, is Jed, I got to let you go. Is this your first time calling?
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no, I've called quite a few times before. We've talked before. How I met O'Neill quite a few times, Regan, I'm like most people. I'm disappointed and we can do so much better than we do and we all know that.
Speaker 3: Sean. I need to hear your voice more frequently.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thanks here, have a good night.
Speaker 3: Eileen is in Gambridge. Eileen next on nightsig Go right ahead.
Speaker 2: Thanks for taking my call, and thanks for uh discussing discussing this subject. I ended up having dental amalgam removed from my teeth because apparently that interfered with the thyroid gland. And I feel so much better having all that amalgam out of my mouth. And I don't know if other people have experienced I've.
Speaker 3: Never heard that is does that include mercury?
Speaker 1: Is that what the yes?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, that's a good guest, Dan, Okay, thank you, my congratulations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my most recent problems is blood pressure and I'm I'm sorry, but I'm I'm not taking these pills that cause me to gain weight and and cause me to feel dizzy. And I you know, it's it's really hard to fight with these doctors who tell you you have to do this or or else.
Speaker 3: You know, they can be dictatorial, and you got it. At the end of the day, you have to be guided by your own your own beliefs. And I just think that that this tonight is like a simple I'm quite disappointed that more people are not responding to this because this is something I think all of us should celebrate. I think that it's a non political issue. Donald Trump's people were the one that apparently have finally pushed us over the finished lize. They pushing a rock up the hill, and at the top of the hill you had all these big corporations pushing back. Thank god that if this is going to happen, it's going to happen, and it's going to happen within the next two years, and hopefully not for you and me, Eileen, but for people who are really young now, they'll never have to deal with this stuff.
Speaker 2: In their diets, right right, right, Well, this is question authority.
Speaker 9: And by the way, by the way, I'm somebody who is often skeptical of government, and to be.
Speaker 3: Honest with you, I have a fairly strong libertarian streak. But I want the government to do some fundamental things. I want them to maintain a military to protect us. I want a police department to protect us. I want the government to build rhades. And I also want the government to know what is in our food and if they do the research and find out that stuff like these dies, these petroleum based dies are in our foods, that's the that's the primary responsibility of governments.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you, thank you, no, I appreciate you. Taking Okay, Thanks, Thanks Dan.
Speaker 3: Thanks Ilyen, talk soon. Okay, all right, I have going to break here, and I have some empty lines, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that on this subject, which is a subject we haven't done before. This is a different subject that these lines haven't lit up. Because this is something that affects every one of us. This is something with it that we can celebrate. There should be no discussion here about saying, well, this die is good, that die is good. Let's let's finish strong, folks. Six one, seven, two thirty or six.
Speaker 8: It's nice eyes with Dan Ray on Way Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Let me go to We now have full lines for the first time of this hour, which is great. But let everybody got to get him in here. Ron and hey Ron next on nightside. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 11: Hi, Dan, thanks very much for having us. I just I want to support you, uh with a peer reviewed It was recently published in Toxicology Reports, which is a peer reviewed journal, in September two twenty three, and basically the mechanism for the red dye, which is also called Laura Ritt basically cause it's it's been shown the cause of rise and early onset colorectal cancer, which correlates along with the rise in the younger population the States UH and both in vitro and in devo that is outside living organisms and within there it shows that it leads to and I looked at the chemical structure to it leads to a DNA damage and in the presence of a high fat diet. On the study that they published for ten months, let's led to a dysbiosis in low grade conic inflammation. So I just wanted to call learned to support your discussion on the Peer Review Journal.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate it so much. That excellent ron. Again, I know that you're in the medical field, I know your background. I know that everything you've told me is absolutely accurate, and I just thank you. I thank you for taking the time. I got some other folks who want to get in here, which is great. Buy new call was very important. Thank you, my friend. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: See you say all right, thanks good night. Let's keep rolling here. I'm going to try to get everybody and you kind of have to call Jeff Is and Whitman Jeff next on Nightsiger, right.
Speaker 12: Ahead, Hey Dan on top of Peer reviewed. You can look at documentaries like Food Inks, and there's been other ones over the years, and the problem is most people just turn a blind eye, which is really sad. Another one was Jamie Oliver did a whole thing with trying to promote good eating habits, and he was either turned away by the government or people just totally ignored what he did, saying, well, I just want the cheaper food.
Speaker 3: Well, I think also, I also think that what happens is that there are powerful forces that marginalize people. I mean, our FK Junior was marginalized because we heard all the crazy stories about he did this or he did that, and maybe the stories were true, maybe they weren't. But on this subject, he's a leader and he should be acknowledged and commended for it.
Speaker 8: Yes, agreed, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I appreciated call so much. I got to get you to call earlier. We can spend more time. I got three behind you. Okay, thanks you, my friend.
Speaker 1: I have a good one.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Jeff, appreciated you guys have risen to the occasion as you often do. Andy and Medford. Andy next on Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 7: I wanted to mention that I've been trying to buy salmon, smoked salmon, and all the smoke salmon has red dye in it, and so I won't buy it. I realize you that it's all colored. And the other thing is that the dyes cause problems, and people like me that have ADHD.
Speaker 3: Well, the dyes may have caused the ADHD. According to Secretary.
Speaker 1: Kennedy, Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 7: Basically, well, I got to tell you something.
Speaker 3: I I my job is to be up on this stuff, and I haven't been up on it. So I apologize to my auto. But when I saw this today, I said, this is incredible progress, and it's progress from the An administration that I wouldn't have expected progress on something like this. So let's congratulate Robert Kennedy Junior, and also doctor Marty McCarey. Thanks Andy, I appreciate your paul you bet you. I'm trying, man, I'm trying. Thanks. Okay, thanks buddy. I got to get two more in Paula and Marshall. Paula, thanks so much for calling. It means a lot to me. You're next on night side.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hello, how you tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm better because the phones got busy. Here go right.
Speaker 5: Ahead, Oh good, Okay, so I have been following redfood diet issues probably for the past twenty plus years. As a teacher, I had students coming into my classroom who are highly allergic to it, and it made me do a little research on it. And when my son was and it was all negative. And when my son was in college at John Carroll Versity, he had to read Fast Food Nation in the early two thousands, which talked about how food was processed and made to look enticing and the flavors were not the natural flavors.
Speaker 3: And this is exactly what Kennedy and McCarry doctor McCarey is saying today. And I wish we'd focus on this on this show five years ago or ten years ago, and I apologize for that year. We're focusing on the twenty.
Speaker 5: Years ago when the book was published in two thousand, but even before that, with all these young children coming in with analogies.
Speaker 3: What I wasn't doing this twenty I was a TV reporter twenty years ago, so I couldn't get into subjects like this in the depth that we're doing tonight. Paula, I got to get one more in here. Thank you so much. Have you called my show before since your first time.
Speaker 5: I have not it's my first time, but I was a year behind time, so I was on this with you. So there you go.
Speaker 3: Do me a favor and call more often. I'd love to renew our acquaintances.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks Paula. Pearl is in Roxbury. Pearl, I am packed on time. I only have a few seconds for you, but I can't ignore you. Go ahead, Pearl, Hi.
Speaker 13: I really enjoyed this show. Listen to it every time I will get a chance. I think it's a very good show, and you have a perfect show.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 5: You really did well.
Speaker 3: This was the perfect way to end the show. Unfortunately, I'm flat out of time. You know what time it is. Please call me some night and I want to have a couple of longer conversations with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I want to talk to you too, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks Pearl, that's the date. Talk to you soon, Okay. I'm back tomorrow night. I'll be on Facebook in just a couple of minutes. Rob, thank you, Maria, thank you. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February that's why your pets are over past. They loved you and you love them, and I do believe you'll see them again. Seegain more, night and night, said everyone.