Speaker 1: Here we go. Come on, come on, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, see Ry Ryan, Yes, sir, welcome back from the weekend. Everybody, Rob Ryan Show checking in on this milk Monday. Got a busy, busy show for you four hours, double oh seven. Sean Connery go with number four. Chili's putting Buzzfest tickets in there today. He wants to see if you're awake. He wants to see who's awake. Buzzfest tickets going in to the winner of the Fresh Out of Bed Head to Head at six twenty. Alice Cooper's going out on tour with Judis Briest. I think they're co headlining, but Coop will go on last on our show October twenty six at the Woodlands. I've got tickets for you on the fun Fact Flashback. This is a pairing The Struts and Dirty Honey, two of my favorite younger rock bands out there, touring together a September twenty fifth House of Blues, keeping rock alive. I'll love tickets for you. At seven twenty. I got a great opportunity to see three eleven and meet the guys in three eleven at the seven one to three music call, plus you qualify for block seats, so it's a grand prize involved in all of that. But would you like to hang out with three eleven a little bit? I can do that at a twenty Alternative income is back early in the nine and I got a one hundred dollars cee Ce's pizza gift card. We're gonna give those away all week. That's pretty awesome. We'll give those away on no the Show. Eighty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms high of eighty one. Waking up to some sad news this morning, Alex with Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everyone, Good morning home room.
Speaker 2: Pope Francis has died at the age of eighty eight. His last public appearances for the Easter Sunday blessing yesterday, and he passed away this morning. He was the head of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State. Francis was the first pope from the Americas in the Southern Hemisphere and the first pope born or raised outside of Europe since the eighth century. He's going to be the first the first pope since Leo the thirteenth to be buried outside of the Vatican. Nebulaid to rest in a simple wooden casket in Rome's Santa Maria Maggiori.
Speaker 1: Basilica.
Speaker 2: Louisiana, Missouri, and Virginia have each reported their first measles cases of twenty twenty five, bring the total number of affected US states at least to twenty seven. All three cases are linked to international travel. In Louisiana and unvaccinated adult living in the Greater New Orleans area it tested positive for the measles. The individuals currently in isolation, and health officials are working to ident and notify anyone who may have been exposed to them. A child under four years old in Virginia who recently traveled internationally was confirmed to have measles. The Virginia Department of Health has not disclosed his vaccination status, and then in Missouri, a child with recent international travel was diagnosed with measles. As of Saturday, the Centers for Disease Control of Prevention has reported eight hundred confirmed measles cases nationwide, nearly triple the total that was reported in all of last year.
Speaker 1: How many TVs are in your home? I haven't had in minup, yet how many you got in your place?
Speaker 2: Well, so this is all based off of a mom on TikTok that's gone viral after counting all the different gadgets with screens, so like she's counting Apple watches too.
Speaker 1: I consider that a TV.
Speaker 2: I think I have double digits definitely if you count computers, iPads, TVs.
Speaker 1: So I my inspiration for the poll question today was because of the mom counting all the screens. Now, she's got six kids and they've all got multiple iPads and everything else, so they have a ton I mean, think about six.
Speaker 2: Can numbers be skewed just because they have so many people in their family? Yeah, I would base it off of like a family of four. How many do you think the average?
Speaker 1: Right? So, I thought the screens was going to be too hard, So I'm featuring her story and her talking about all the screens in her house. But my question this morning is how many TVs do you have in your home? Seventy eight percent of our audience says three to five. Ten percent of our audience has six or more or one and two. Nobody put down none. Yeah, everybody's got.
Speaker 2: A TVs, but I also have three iPads Yeah, computers that I.
Speaker 1: Use, they don't give me enough options options on a pole question. So I just kind of took her thing. It's really interesting for her to talk about all these screens in her house. It's crazy. So I just simplified it and made it a TV question.
Speaker 2: So she had a total of twenty four screens in her home. Almost half of them were TVs. They had nine total TVs. Yeah, both adults and all four kids have their own iPad, even their two year old. Her five year old has a second iPad that he uses for speech. There piece of In total, they have have seven tablets as a family. She also counted two Apple Watches, two computers, three iPhones, and a Nintendo Switch. They twenty four total screens, averages to four per person in that family. But yeah, you're gonna go way in on our pole question.
Speaker 1: All right, now, this this is big to a lot of people. It is did you watch the X Files or was it too long ago?
Speaker 2: On the Rod Ryan Show, you one time talked about a specific episode and I never wanted to watch the X Files?
Speaker 1: Did you watch that one called Home? Did watch that?
Speaker 2: I had seen that one and that Yeah, I was also scarred from it. But I remember as as a young school kid listening to Rod Ryan talk about how grossed that episode was and that.
Speaker 1: I think that was gross too. My mom used to love The X Files. There was an episode called Home. She watched that and she goes, I'm done with this show. Yeah, her and my sister loved it. I never really watched it, but I watched that crazy episode. Yeah that was a weird one. No way.
Speaker 2: Hot Off the release of his hit movie Sinners, director Ryan Coogler is confirmed that his reboot of The X Files is the next project that he's working on, and he says he wants to make it really effing scary. He also is keeping his fingers crossed that Gillian Anderson is going to return as Danas Scully. Coogler's also directed the first Creed movie, as well as both Black Panther movies.
Speaker 1: I don't know who this guy is. All I ever heard is Chris Carter when people talked about The X Files. Do you ever hear that name? David Dukovany is what I think, right, But Chris Carter, I think was the writer. So do you need him to be involved? If The X Files is coming back? That's the one name that I always heard. So somebody can let me know. Is Chris Carter needed all you actually formamols? Let us know X fileians. I like that. That's good. That's good.
Speaker 2: Sublime has announced an all star tribute album titled Look At the Love We Found, a tribute to Sublime. It's going to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of their original twenty or two thousand and five tribute album and will feature thirty six tracks with contributions from such artists as Zach Brown Band, Penny Wise, Jack Johnson, and Slightly Stupid. The album's going to include eight previously unreleased tracks offering fresh interpretations of Sublime's classics. Chris Prosy from this album are going to benefit an Oregon based nonprofit that's gonna support families impacted by incarceration. The album's gonna be released on May ninth. Those are Houston's headlines Sublimes taking their time.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it though. I think they're like they're really taking. They're gonna be worth it. Okay, they's gonna be worth it. Jacob is a stud.
Speaker 2: Yes, we saw that at the rod Ryan Share twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be a miss.
Speaker 2: Whatever they put out, we are going to like, we are going to be happy with and just it's what they got.
Speaker 1: I find it odd that they're taking so much time. I don't I don't know. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think he wants to make his first real release with them be something that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's making me nervous, all right, switch caps over their sports Rockets.
Speaker 2: Rockets lost the Warriors and the refs last night ninety five to eighty five.
Speaker 1: Reps really made sure that.
Speaker 2: They're gonna make this a seven game series, that they kind of took over the game at points in time. They're gonna have a couple days off now before they play Game two on Windy Night. Some other NBA Playoffs results from yesterday, Thunder blew out the Grizzlies, Celtics beat the Magic, and the Cavs top the Heat.
Speaker 1: There's two NBA playoff games tonight.
Speaker 2: At six thirty, the Knicks play the Pistons, and then at nine, the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Host the Clippers. You can watch both games on T and T and True TV.
Speaker 2: In baseball, Astros fell the Padres last night, three to two.
Speaker 1: They didn't take two of three from San Diego over the weekend, though, the night they're going to open up.
Speaker 2: A three game series with the Blue Jays, Hunter Brown will be on the mount for the Strows, going up against Toronto's Kyle Gossman.
Speaker 1: First pitches at seven to ten.
Speaker 2: You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H.
Speaker 1: Yesterday in the Stanley Cup playoffs, I love that I get to get hockey scores right now.
Speaker 2: Hurricanes beat the Devils, Maple Leaves top the Senators, and the Golden Knights got by the Wild Tonight at six, the Capitols play the Canadians. At six thirty, Jets host the Blues, at eight thirty, the Avalanche take on the Stars, and at nine the King's face the Oilers. You can watch all of those games on ESPN and ESPN two. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Let's go four hours of pain today. If you want it on the first phone call, I'd love to hear from you. Maybe it's an Easter update. Ooh, Chili's got my six picks from the weekend, so those of me those are hitting the webs. The world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. But let's focus on that first phone call. Anything goes for that first phone call. Seven one three, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five The Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, third night, Blind Jumper, and we are off and running. Welcome back for the weekend. I hope you guys had a great Eastern. Obviously, we're waking up to terrible news. The Pope passed away, made it through one more Easter and then boom, he met with jd Vance met with him yesterday, she said, he yes. Jd Vance happened to be over in Italy and he met with He met with the Pope yesterday, got a little FaceTime with him. The Pope was out there, clearly wasn't feeling well, but he still was out there for Easter, for the big celebration, I mean, the holiest day of the year for Catholics. And then I passed away. So you're waking up to that news today, and that's really really sad. Chile has a link up as well as a bunch of other links today on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Okay, well we've got to do a show. We got double O seven Sean Connery. He's going for win number four, freshot up, bad, head to head. I told you Buzzfest tickets in there. Ooh my six picks. They are already up no Monday, already up, lots of stuff for you on links. Some guests already sign up for your chance to play. Read my lips. Chili doesn't miss a beat. He's got that stuff already on there on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. We got an eighty percent chance to Scattered Thunderstorms today, high of eighty one. We'll play the Texas Hammer Game today at seven twenty, and that's where you're gonna get to go see two of the best rock bands out there today, all right, carrying the torch rock is not dead. The Struts and Dirty Honey are playing September twenty fifth at the House of Blues. What a great show. I can't wait to talk about that, can't wait to give you those tickets. At seven twenty. We're already a little behind, but phone lines are ringing.
Speaker 3: The time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: All right, I know we tried to talk to Mundo on open phones. He was out at WrestleMania and his phone was kind of crapping out on us. But boy did he have a weekend.
Speaker 4: Mundo later Lado, I am in a tough spother time. I hope this is better.
Speaker 1: You sound great, We're doing great. Where are you right now?
Speaker 4: I'm at the Fountain Blue rather rest of staying there. I have not gone to sleep yet. It's born in the morning over here.
Speaker 1: What city are you in? A lot of people in Vegas, Okay, And that's where WrestleMania was last night.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Yes, sir is night one, Saturday night two Sunday.
Speaker 1: Did I see on the I saw a screen capture on social media. Dude, you got your past the gravy flag on WrestleMania last night.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, So Jay Usso open WrestleMania. He was going for the road heavyweight tato. He has an entrance where he goes down you know, the ramp or down the and luckily we were.
Speaker 5: Just I was.
Speaker 4: I was on the staffs on the aisle. He came down and I did what I could to hold the past the gravy. No represents for my gravy kink, you know, Alex, and it ended up popping up on them there, So.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. Ellis did to do what I gotta do. So that being on WrestleMania, you said you had people pop onto your Twitter.
Speaker 2: On on YouTube, on YouTube x on Instagram, people were just like awesome flag sick flag here from WrestleMania. Like my phone, I was playing x loll with some friends and my phone just started blowing up like, dude, your your podcast is.
Speaker 1: Is on WrestleMania. I was like, oh, is it this guy? And I just sent a picture of that. Mundo had sent me.
Speaker 2: Early unbelievable him with the flag, and I was like, yeah, we got we got some OG's at that.
Speaker 1: So the thing that we weren't able to talk to you about on Friday, Mundo, when you were trying for open phones and they could have been on our end too. But how many WrestleManias in a row have you gone to?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: So this is my twenty fifth here, been going since two thousand and one in Houston, Texas. There is a twenty fifth anniversary, and it.
Speaker 1: Is our buddy Victor there with you.
Speaker 4: He actually is there actually in the casino right now. I have to run away fond a soft spot right now and yeah, we Yeah, I'm gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 1: These guys are Mundo love. You mean it when I say it, dude, thank you. Hey, real quick, real quick, real quick, if you don't mind, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to let I just want to let you know. I made bets for the Astros, Rockets and Texas to win the Yankees. Bet that I made was for Alex to you know, buy diapers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so he put money down for them to win it all this year. Thank you, Mundo Love you have anybody where can we need to see this? Everybody wants to see this screen.
Speaker 2: Captain al Jaman upson on Instagram all my socials, I probably see it.
Speaker 1: I'll go retweet it on our rod Ryan Chow please do yeah, because I want everyone to get a good look at that. Those guys are loyal, man. That's It's awesome. On the flip gonna rec check for you. We'll find out what's training, will get set up for the game.
Speaker 3: Alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody on this Monday Milk Monday number one link out of the gate already. Hope you guys had a great easter. I did have an awesome easter. My six picks are up on links and guests today. I got my six picks there. I gotta check them out. I don't bitch about it like you two. I don't bitch either. Okay, your twin does. No, he doesn't. He does. Eighty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today highs him around eighty one. It's all the Pope, that's exactly. So you're waking up horrible news today. I hate delivering this kind of news. Somebody's hearing it for the first time. The Pope passed away last night. Pope Francis, so made it through, made it through easter. You get it for Jesus, one more Easter and then boom. You know, you're very sick, and like, what if he rises in three days? That's that's not gonna happen. I don't think that's gonna be his story. That was somebody else's story. So yeah, the Pope is the number one tree years old. Rip.
Speaker 2: Yes, Pope Francis, we just had our for his phone call was kind of about this, but WrestleMania forty one is trending John Cena and Cody Rhodes. I believe was the main event for nine two of WrestleMania last night. No spoilers on that, okay, because I don't know how it ended. But WrestleMania forty one that people are talking about. And then Boston Marathon is also trending. Today is Patriot Day slash the day of the Boston Marathon. So okay, if you have any marathoners in Boston, and I congratulate them on their accomplishments.
Speaker 1: But that's a trending on I pro by the buzz right, thank you. Oh okay, this guy's got his own music, sure he does.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody. This is Street Time Hall of Famer Double O seven Sean Thomin. I'll just say this, Jilly, what are you doing to man? I am your fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. I can't imagine who's going to be on the other line next game. Join me on Monday when I make it win number four.
Speaker 1: But just other John's other daughter came in and said they're gonna be trying to get through this morning. Now the chances of them being called her ten astronomical. It could happen. But yeah, Sean Connery played Other John at one of his daughters. The other one wants in, she wants some action. All right, you call now? All right, here's three days Grace ninety four or five the buzz or five the buzz. Good morning rod Ryan's show. That's three days Grace and so called life rod Ryan show them this Monday. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, double O seven can learn. Everybody doing great? Dude, doing great? I hope you had a great Eastern You come back nice and fresh, or maybe you're attle bit of a sugarcoma. You got after some candy this weekend. You're going for win number four? Dude? What ab Other John's other daughter is on the phone right now? You just done? That would be funny.
Speaker 6: I did see thee the post that you guys have post saw from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Other John comes in with a poster and who was it great? Who did you play? Grace Gracie?
Speaker 6: No, I played the other one. I forget her name.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Ellie. Ellie there gonta. Gracie is the other one that came in and she created a post avenging my dad, and she's got like and she had tombstones for our other John and the sister, and she's like, I'm next joining us. On the phone is Paul Goodwin? Hi, Paul, sorry to let you down. Okay, dude. The fact that he got through and his daughter played is ridiculous. He was called ten, Chill, he said, Rod one hundred percent legit. He was called ten and he had the phone off to his kid. Paul, how do we know you on this show? Come on, you've been on last.
Speaker 6: Played December third last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, and did you do anything?
Speaker 6: I lost Aum in the first round of the tournament.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Paul has been in the hall? How many times? Fall? Just the one time? All right, Sir Sean Connery, you are You're a three time Hall of Famer, right, Okay, guys, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I've already said it. Chili put Buzzfest tickets in there for the winner today, So it's a big deal. Got a couple of your looks, got a couple of hos going at each other here, okay on a Monday, What a day? And you were up at the rock I didn't even I don't want to talk to you. I'm done with you. This guy was at the rockets all night. Okay, yeah you did. Here we go, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number one, what protective gear do football players wear? Paul helmet one time in the hall, Paul, it's a correct answer. Got in early? What else could it have been? So the question is what protective gear do football players wear on their heads? So it's very specific, shoulder pads. I mean, if you got in early, cleats could have been you know. Okay, Paul's on the board. Speeding worked in that case. Question number two Sean Connery Paul, one time in the hall? On which side of the road do Americans driven? Paul? All right, good game, Paul, correct answer, and it was a good game. Damn good game.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. No better than no worries.
Speaker 1: How many Cadbury eggs did you eat on?
Speaker 6: Only like three?
Speaker 1: Only three? Looks like looks like it should have been two? All right, Sean, we got to say good to you, hed Paul David.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I beat that guy.
Speaker 1: You didn't just beat him, dude, You it was a beatdown today. You want you want to play tomorrow? Absolutely man, and we're giving you Buzzfest tickets. Wow, that's so cool. You don't know what's gonna happen for ever on this show on.
Speaker 3: Mondays, The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the Bus, ninety the buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Breaking Benjamin.
Speaker 1: Well, Wakey, wakey, rod Ryan's Show on a milk Monday. I hope you guys had a wonderful Easter weekend. Eighty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today. I'll tell you what I thought yesterday was gonna be much more of a wash up than I was. Everything was great man yesterday. Today highs up around eighty one. You have a new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 6: Your morning room, broom.
Speaker 1: This is Paul.
Speaker 7: You're fresh out of bed head to head one day taking down three time Hall of famers Double O seven, Sean Connery and two questions to answers who there was nothing Join me on Tuesday as I make it win number two beats the dude.
Speaker 1: Back me up on this if you if you agree the dude couldn't believe he won. Yeah, that's really funny. He's just like, I never beat somebody that good before. I go, dude, you've been in the Hall of Fame. He goes, I've never beat somebody that good before, and then two questions to answers. He couldn't believe it shocked the world and himself. On a Monday, man on a Monday, whoa, Wow, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart and funny, your buddys, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's some fun facts for you today. The first ever comic book convention was in New York in nineteen sixty four. Wow, I had no idea that these have been going on that long. The very first person to buy a ticket to that convention was sixteen year old George R. R. Martin, the author of the Game of Thrones books. I mean that guy nerd from Jump Yeah, okay, he was a nerd like lived up to it. Yeah. I worked out if you got any nickels in your pocket, there's a good chance you don't have any nickels in your pocket. Not today. More nickels were made in nineteen sixty four than any other year.
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 1: For some reason. Right around that time, people were hoarding them because they mistakenly thought they were made with silver. So the US Mint had to increase their production because there was none on the streets. So about three billion nickels wound up being made. And that's why there's a good chance if you have a nickel laying around it's from nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 2: That's why they call it the Great Nickel Shortage of nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 1: At that school, now we know why they've called it that. That's neat. I've never flown here. We could use Dinah right now for lots of things, but specifically Savannah hilton Head. She lived there. Yeah, she lived in hilton Head. So if you're a nervous flyer, I don't know how you'd feel about this. The Savannah hilton Head International Airport in Georgia has two graves embedded in the runway. That's neat. I wonder if she knew this. Two other graves are next to it. The land was previously a private family cemetery. They left the bodies in the ground and put a runway on top of them. That's bad luck. What it's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart your bodies. It's the fuck that to the day, all right, giving away? What a lineup? Alice Cooper, Judas Priest going out on tour together. Okay, rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all over the place. October twenty sixth Woodland's Pavilion. Facts. What significant date and holiday is going to happen next in the year twenty eighty seven? This is a layup. We talked about it ten times on Friday, even outside of the fun facts seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big Baldi's on the phone. Hey, how brother Rod?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Too many Cadbury eggs for this guy too? Couldn't get out of bed? How we do? Hey, the markets weren't open on Friday, right, so I guess you're gonna look back to Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the markets weren't open on Friday. So we kick off this morning at thirty nine. This on the Dow thirty nine forty two. Now that starts out at sixteen thousand, two hundred and sixty eight bention mark ten year tra He's sitting at a four point three seven percent and oil stands at sixty three dollars sixteen cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs where there weren't any market was closed on the economic calendar. This morning, we're going to get numbers on the US leading economic indicators for March right now. Futures now looking so good. They're on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here. This is how Lenn Manage, Director Wood and Raymond James porter for the ride. Ride. So from Raymon James on saying, plis stud and don't forget to always rock out.
Speaker 1: We'll just stock out.
Speaker 3: Beman's expressed are those of Hellland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates, Dan Comember, NYT AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the BESODS duds are based on movement as reported by Young finding.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buds. All right, welcome back everybody. Rod Ryan Show six forty nine. We can do this. We got Trey on the phone. Good morning, Hey, Good morning rot Roan Show. Sup for super sup dude. Okay, we talked about, Uh, a date and a holiday gonna fall on the same day in twenty eighty seven. Uh, what what is the date and holiday? It'll be Easter on four twenty once again. Yeah, you think you're gonna make it to twenty eighty seven? Tray, probably not. I'm just my four twenty and now while.
Speaker 5: I'm a large.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got, I mean for twenty yesterday. Congratulations, dude, you're the winner. On the Fun Fat Flashback, Judas Breese is going out with Alice Cooper. They're gonna come here October twenty six. They're playing the Woodland Pavilion. We're gonna give you a pair of tickets, all right, sweet, appreciate it, all right, I appreciate you. Second, Hey, Alexa Play ninety four point five. The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety four point five is US station from iHeart Radio The Ron rulliod Show on ninety four five ninety four or five The Buzz that's three eleven and down. Don't worry, We've got tickets coming up for you later on in the show, right around eight twenty, and we're gonna do this every day this week. We've got a pair of tickets to see three eleven. They're playing May ninth at the seven, one and three Music Hall. You and your guests will also get to meet the band at the show, all right, hanging out with the rockstars, and then everyone that wins this week will be in the running for a grand prize drawing of box seats. If everyone in those box seats at the seven and three Music Hall, it's awesome. So tickets around sale now at ticketmaster dot com. That opportunity today will be at eight twenty seven twenty We played the Texas Hammer Game. That's gonna be the Struts. Dirty Honey tickets. They're playing in the House of Blues. Are you kidding? Meet House of Blues those two bands September twenty fifth, Ticketmaster. I gotta find a clip for you guys. I don't know if I'll have it today, but look it up on your own. Dirty Honey just played Jimmy Kimmel. You want to see what rockstars are supposed to look like and sound like a sweat dirty honey. It's like boom. They went to like a rock star factory and just like home for frenda. Yeah, and they just came out of the assembly line like that. They're rock stars all the way. I mean, so the struts. You know that the British rock stars today.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eighty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms today high eighty one. Alex sad News today for Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good morning, home room, Good morning everyone. Pope Francis has died at the age of eighty eight. His last public appearance was for the Easter Sunday blessing yesterday, and he passed away this morning. He was the head of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State. Francis was the first pope from the Americas in the Southern Hemisphere and the first born were raised outside of Europe since the eighth century. He's gonna be the first pope since Leo the thirteenth to be buried outside of the Vatican. He'll be laid to rest in a simple wooden casket in Romes to Santa Maria Maggiori Basilica. The American Civil Liberties Union filed an emergency appeal on Friday to halt the deportations of Venezuelan migrants under the Alien Enemies Act of seventeen ninety eight. The Supreme Court rest fonded by temporarily blocking the deportations, emphasizing the necessity for detainees to have a reasonable chance to seek habeas corpus relief before removal. NBC News has learned that ice bus is carrying twenty eight alleged members of the Tran day Aragua gang to the airport to be flown to El Savador. Turned around after the emergency directive from the Supreme Court. Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito dissented from the decision Is your job meaningless? Most Americans say, No, you're so deep on a Monday out, That's what I'm here for.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're deep.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: A poll found that sixty two percent of Americans do think that their job has some sort of meaningful impact. Eighteen percent of people weren't sure, and twenty percent said that they feel like they're just keeping a chair warm. College grads were more likely to think that their job does make a difference, so were people with classic office jobs that involve meetings and emails. If your job does not involve those things, there's a thirty one percent chance that you feel like you're just spinning your wheels to earn a paycheck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we have a meaning I think so. We have meaningful jobs. We gotta tell fun facts. That's that's what we do. Yeah, we're here to bring some fun facts. Yeah, and we email with people, so we're meaningful. Dude, Wait, sneak, got a little rush to that, right, nice play brock In. The bass man Dave Grohl made an appearance.
Speaker 2: During the second weekend of Coachella. There was a conductor named Gustavo Dudamel. He and the La Philharmonic did a set Saturday Night and Roll along with Natasha Beddingfield and some others made guest appearances throughout the set.
Speaker 1: This is a clip of it. This song adapts to everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the perfect song to play with like an actual like band, but acoustic orchestral.
Speaker 1: Whatever you do with this song, it works. Bongos. Yeah, I've heard of acapella. All of it's great. I know you. You can see that on the music blog page. Today, right, Yeah, so the Coachella had orchestra, Like an orchestra at Coachella. That's cool. Benson Boone. This the guy that brought out the guitar player Queen. Yeah. He brought out a cardboard cutout of Brian May this this weekend. When did he get an applause? People understood the joke and why he did what he did. And then Lady Gaga had some trouble. She's on the Uh. This Coachella blog page is pretty good some of the highlights, but there's low lights also on there. There was one artist I don't know who she is. She's barfing on stage. What happened? Rock and roll? Baby? Yes, all right? What's puddle of mud? Puddle of MUD's coming out of the new album.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be called Kiss the Machine, and the first single from it is titled Beautymous.
Speaker 1: It's the It's.
Speaker 2: Available right now in all major streaming platforms. It will be the first album since twenty twenty three from the band. It's gonna include nine songs, and fans right now can pre order a limited edition CD and T shirt bundle that includes a signpost card from frontman Wes Scantlon guess the machine comes out on May second.
Speaker 1: That for those are using headlines, I'm always rooting for Wes me too, Hey, I'm rooting for him. I want them to get right, mystery, get better, Just get one more kick ass song out of them, you know, might be I hope, so I really do?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: What's going on in sports? Rockets?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost the Warriors last night ninety five to eighty five. They need to go six of twenty nine from three point range, so maybe that is gonna change.
Speaker 1: Should I ask a question? And I know you'll be honest with me? Okay, what time did little Alex lay his head down on his pillow last night? I got home at eleven thirty. I took a dog out, Yeah, showered. It's probably closer to twelve thirty. Twelve thirty, and the alarm went off at three thirty. Had a boy? Hey for a loss, Well, it could have at least won.
Speaker 2: Well they got They got the loss out of the way. Rockets in five. It's gonna be fine. They're gonna have a couple days off before they play Game two on Wednesday night. Some other NBA playoff results from yesterday, The Thunderblood, the Grizzlies, Celtics beat the Magic, and the Cavs top Day Heat.
Speaker 1: There's two NBA playoff games tonight.
Speaker 2: At six thirty, the Knicks are gonna play the Pistons, and at nine, the Nuggets host the Clippers.
Speaker 1: You can watch both those games on TNT and True TV.
Speaker 2: In baseball, Astros fell to the Padres last night, three to two. They did take two of three from San Diego over the weekend, though. Tonight open up a three game series with the Blue Jays. Hunter Brown will be in the mount for this Shrows going up against Toronto's Kyle Gossman. First pitches at seventeen. You can listen to it on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty k TRH. In hockey and the Stanley Cup playoffs, yesterday, the Hurricanes be the Devil's maple Leafs top the Senators, and the Golden Knights got by the Wild Tonight at six, the Capitals played the Canadians in game one.
Speaker 1: Of that series.
Speaker 2: At six thirty, the Jets are gonna host the Blues. At eight thirty, Avalanche take on the Stars, and at nine, the King's face the Oilers. You can watch all of those games on ESPN and ESPN two.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six to A, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Ryse and Kids. They just played with Poppa Roach a couple of weeks ago. I heard it was an amazing show. Everybody said they loved it. I know there was some comments made on the stage. I got it. We've already talked about it, all right, moving on, Moving on, man, I hope you're up to a great start to your day. I hope you had a great Easter. But if you're asking, I had a wonderful easter. Yeah. I saw your plodder, Lamb butter Lamb, finally got that done, had a Lamb cake. I'll explain all of that.
Speaker 5: I'll worry.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it. My six pix are up, though. I hope you guys all had a great easter. Not so much great. I'm not great news for the for the Astro or for the Rockets.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 1: Last night you got that Easter Sunday game didn't go very well. Yeah, my man Alex was there checking it out. Skip the bad game out of the way earlier. Rockets are five okay, okay, I like that. We got some rain expected today, eighty percent chance to gat at thunderstorms high today of about eighty one. We're gonna play the Texas ham Game coming up in just a little bit, Alex. We're gonna get people guessing on some song lyrics to win tickets to see the Struts and Dirty Honey September twenty fifth at the House of Blues. And then the big story today You've talked about it. It's headlining Houston's headlines and it's just it's the world headline today. And Alison is like, is this gonna be on all day? I said yeah, I mean the amount of Catholics in the world, it's in the billions of people. So the Pope passed away on the overnight. He made it through Easter and then passed away. I mentioned earlier he met with jd Vance yesterday. He was meeting people. He was in the popemobile yesterday for Easter. He wanted to be out even in his declined health, he still wanted to be out there for Easter. And then didn't make it on the overnight and passed away sadly. So that's what you're seeing round I mean round the clock coverage of this thing. I mean it is, it's gonna be on all day. I was here this morning. I'm on at four thirty and they rolled out George stephanapolis right, who does Good Morning America. They had to get him out early. I guess it's either him or David Muir got to get up. And they're like, well, George's got to get up early. Anyways. I imagine that they will call in David Muir early because he does the late night news. And again, this is just ABC. I imagine all of these channels are doing this. Lester Hole will be on George Stephanhapmas is like, okay, well this concludes our coverage and we want to thank you for tuning in. We're gonna get you back to your Oh what okay, we have this woman here for comment. He was on another hour and a half, like, yeah, how did he get that one wrong? Like he thought he was done this morning. Maybe're gonna get take a little naparo before Good Morning America. And they're like, no, dude, you're staying You're staying on. So you asked me off air, You're like, is this where we're going to watch the smoke rational signing day, but with the Pope. Yeah, it's kind of like a gender reveal with smoke.
Speaker 2: Black smoke, and then it's white smoke when it's they they found the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know where they do that, the Sistine Chapel. So I did go to the Vatican when I went to Italy. And you can take pictures anywhere you want. In the Vatican, you're not supposed to. You are forbidden from taking pictures in the Sistine Chapel. They don't want flashes, they don't want things going off in them. Even with cell phones, they don't want any they don't want any camera phones that you got to put your phones away. But it's on the honor system. Dude, I saw the stove. Like here you are. You're looking at one of the greatest paintings of all time. Right, it's like the Sistine Chapel. You're looking at the creation that the hand reaching out God. Well, yeah, the creation of men and this is the one. This is the the painting that is like one of the most famous paintings in the world. And Da Vinci is on his back and he's painting and doing all that stuff, and you're walking around and all of a sudden you see this little Coleman stove. It's not a Coleman but it's an old it's an old coal burning stove. And you see it and you're like, that's the stoves the one. So all the cardinals will come in, I guess the ones that can get to the ones that can get to Rome or Vatican City, because it's its own thing. If you're eighty or younger and you're a cardinal, you go and you're sworn to secrecy. You go in there, you cast your vote. If it's dark smoke, then it's a hung jury. Too much. They have more months this summer. Yes, that's something like that. So it's this crazy thing that you're sworn to secrecy. What happens inside the Sistine Chapel and the ballots are burned and the white smoke. So we're gonna go through this.
Speaker 2: Can I be like our insider where I'm like, it's the inside.
Speaker 1: Track on our next pope? Could be like so you would have to be a smoke analyzer.
Speaker 2: So right now, like I'm thinking Nolan, Aaronairo or large newt bar.
Speaker 1: Where the leaders. Oh you're trying to pick who the knight.
Speaker 2: He's going to be both cardinals on the Saint Louis Cardinals.
Speaker 1: That's my that's what the moment I'm most familiar with. Dude, I could be pope. I don't know if I'm old enough. I don't know if there's an age requirement. But any Roman Catholic, they're not going to want another. Any Roman Catholic male can be elected pope. Okay, okay, to my knowledge, but since the thirteen hundreds, it's always been somebody that went from a cardinal to a pope, right, So this, this isn't gonna happen for a time. Gre There's going to be a week of mourning. So you're you're thrown out like all the heavy hitters right now, mostly just Saint Louis Cardinals. Oh yeah, I don't think they're going to go for base Paris Cars. I don't think they're gonn go for baseball Pyler No, no, no, no, no, no no. I don't think that's what they're going to do. I think what they're gonna do with Harrison Jr. They're going to go to like a cardinal in the hierarchy in the Roman Catholic Church. But I like not Saint Louis Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Possible though, right, I think impossibly if they're Roman Catholics, if they.
Speaker 1: Are baptized Roman Catholics, then they would qualify.
Speaker 2: I mean, all right, so I'm going to look up Arizona and Saint Louis Cardinals that are Roman Catholic.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah they would qualify. If there are Roman Catholics and their mail they would, Yeah, they would absolutely. I want to be like the Adam Schafter for popes right now. But I wouldn't put money down on that. But you want to put money down on things that you are going to people are gonna make money on. But the odds are gonna be crazy. Yeah, but it's not gonna happen due I wouldn't have to. I wouldn't do it. There's gonna be at least a week of morning and then this whole voting thing and all of that stuff's not gonna happen for at least another week or so. What do we do without a pope? Like? How are we supposed to worship? What are like? I don't I'm not familiar with the I think for I think for you, I think your day to day is gonna go un change. Sure. I'm pretty sure for you unchanged.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just I'm in the pope game now, the insider scoop game.
Speaker 1: I think you're in the pope game, and I think your pope game is not the right game.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a dude from Galveston that was like in the finals.
Speaker 1: Or like, oh, I don't know the cardinal here? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 1: Or some bishop or something like that bishop is beneath the cardinals. That's why why I didn't get that. But maybe he's elevated since then. Maybe call me how to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? I will say, now would be a fantastic time to call the Chile and not really talking to him about the pope at all, but you can. I would get in there and talk to him about playing the Texas Hammer Game. If you want in on the Texas Hammer Game to win those struts. Dirty Honey tickets seven to one, three, two and two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Us all right, welcome back, everybody, Rod Ryan's Show. Eighty percent chances scattered understorms today, Highs of around eighty one. All right, we're gonna talk about what's trending. We know all things, Pope Francis. Yeah, that's continuing trending as it will day by faring away the number one thing. I mean, it's like the number one, two and three trends. Can I ask you something? Of course, I thought Elizabeth Hurley's name being she's also trending. I haven't, okay, trending, so she's floating around. Okay, it's well documented on this show how much I think Elizabeth Hurley is maybe the hottest whatever age she is right now, she's the hottest chick at that age of all time. Okay, yes, and if you ever heard her talk, you know she's British, so she's got that wonderful she got that wonderful accent, but not that that's a ridiculous accent. She's got like the perfect British accent to match her. It doesn't sound like just like that. No, you're doing more of a Sharon Osborne. Hers is so soothing and so refined, and it matches her look so well. And why I'm setting this up this way is because she's been seen with Billy Ray Cyriens. They confirmed that they are an item. Now he's announced their relationship. Is there a bigger bubba out there on the planet than Billy Ray Cyrus? Oh, he was a bit one of the biggest rap songs of all time to be with this refined, beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh you did out of down Route eh? And he was like, that was a little little mama. And then that's how that's how they met.
Speaker 1: That sounded like Jed from the Struts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I'm not great with the British accents.
Speaker 1: All right, So Elizabeth Hurley is also trending.
Speaker 2: And then speaking of babes, Milph Monday, Oh, Milph Monday.
Speaker 1: Lussy Berry, I don't know if it's a Lucy Berry. It's two s's, but.
Speaker 2: Lussy Berry or Lucy Berry was submitted to us by listener Rick. Doesn't matter what her name is. She's fantastic. Go check her out the look famous rod Ryan showpaget the buzz dot Com. All right, I've got tickets to go see the Struts. You were just doing a Luke Struts.
Speaker 1: Let's make Luke Hello, Luke Struts and the rest of the Struts with dirty Honey Honey. You know they're from here. That's what Luke would say. They're from here, though, dirty honey, he makes day honey. September twenty fifth, House of Blues. This is Demandler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. Shut that guy up with those accents, all right. So this is the Texas Hammer Game. And that's just the way this guy talks. He doesn't talk to him like that. He lays it on for the commercials and stuff, and we asked him to lay it on when he's got a hammer like he does with the commercials. We asked him to lay it on a little bit when he's doing these song lyrics. So he's going to deliver some song lyrics and you're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song to win those great tickets today. And it looks through. It looks like Derek got through first. Derek. Hello, Yes, sir, Hey dude, how are you I'm doing good man, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. Huge ticket on the chopping block today. You're like, oh, are you mad that you got through first?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A little bit, Yeah, this is hard. I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna serve up the Texas Hammer. You're gonna tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Just let's get this right, all right, let's do this right. It's real easy. Pull the way before your term. I can't do you. It's so unfair. All right, give me the band, give me the song. Go ahead, Derek, go ahead, Derek three two one, No, I'm so sorry, Derek. Maybe Andy, you'll get it out of the gate. Here, Andy my man? Andy, Hey, how's going? Go ahead? Man, let's take it. Listen to the Texas Hammer. Here, go the way before your time. I can't deal. It's so unfair. Show Derek, how it's done. What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know. Man, Andy my man does not get it done? Sorry? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Rod Ryan Show said effects include mood swings.
Speaker 3: The mood swings, the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the buzz man. Do I love that? That's Lincoln parking up from the bottom. Alas Pe Middleton says it's the best song on the radio right now. All right, I'm not gonna fight him on that. It is. I'll fight the guy at almost everything, but not that. Not that. That might be the best song on the radio right now. I hope you're off to a great start to your On this Milk Monday, eighty percent chances scattered understorms today highs of around eighty one. Red Robin continues to be in the news. We've never talked more about the Hamburger Place Red Robin more than we have in the last week. They were doing that pass that you could buy, they were putting it on sale. We told you the day before, we told you the day it went on sale, and then we told you about all of the troubles the day after. Red Robin got three days of airtime on the show last week. It's a hell of a I come back this week. What am I doing? I'm talking about Red Robin okaywalk away. People are still saying that it was easier to get Taylor Swift tickets than it was to get that Red Robin Berger passed. So Red Robin apologized, We talked about all of this, They apologized for their site going down. It was what it was, a six hundred dollars value and they were selling it for like twenty bucks and you could get a Burger every day that month, and it was a twenty two dollars value, so it was six hundred some dollars. They were selling it for twenty They never told us how many they were selling. Red Robin apologized for the site going down last week. We did everything we could quote to anticipate interest in the Bottomless Burger Pass, but due to overwhelming excitement, our website and supporting system crashed. We talked about how I don't think they care. They're hyping another sweepstakes. Let's go free burgers for a year. This one was for the last one was for a month. This one's free burgers for a year. This is like firefest. Who's gonna trust the website and then gone to a year. I got this on the food blog page today. If you want to try again, if you want to step up to the plate again, all details are on the site, which is backed up. There will be twelve winners, so now it's like winning Taylor Swift vip passes. Right, Okay, Buffalo Wow Wings they're jumping in on this. They're doing another dine in all you can eat boneless wing promotion. On days it's not free, it does cost twenty bucks, but can you eat twenty dollars worth of wings, Polly, Yeah, I'm sure you can't. Probably take out some wings. Yeah, I'm tree you can. So again the food blog page today it's Red Robins again again, and they're getting all this publicity for free. This is damm Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. I gotta look into the legality in instern series with Ron Ryan on ninety four by the Buck. All right, let's go, let's just play this game. What'll we doing? We got Randy? Randy, Randy, how's it going so much better that you're on the phone with me right now? Randy? How are you excellent? Brandy?
Speaker 6: Howsime?
Speaker 1: How is your Easter?
Speaker 5: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Got bad heat or four twenty noice for twenty? But how is your seven to ten? Randy? Oh? Randy, Randy? Can we play a game not bowling? I'm waiting, all right, Texas Hammer Game. I love when Randy's call. It's like my favorite thing when when Randy's call every day. Please let's listen to the offspring. This is the Texas Hammer Game. Okay, it's not the seven to ten split game? Way before your term. I can't deal. It's so unfair, Reandy. I need the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 11: Going away upstairs, dude, yep, he did it.
Speaker 1: Just play it again? Ready, so Redy Randy, you won. You won the Texas Hammer Game. I'm gonna give you those tickets to go see the Struts in Dirty Honey, September twenty fifth, House of Blues. Yeah, yes, thank you, you rule. Let's just get me.
Speaker 4: A rule are every morning?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Love you mean it when I say it, Hang on for me. The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four Fun Buzz, Good Morning, Rat Ryan Show on this Monday. Thank you so much for starting your day off early with us. I hope you guys had a wonderful Easter weekend. It's good to be back on with you. I did bring in my six picks this morning. Those are on links and guests. Of course, Milk Monday is just destroying everything that's on the website, the Looking at Girl's blog page. Kristin Stewart got married and again I just I saw the headline she married fiance Dylan. What's her face? And I thought, oh my god, I thought I didn't think Kristin Stewart was on that team. I thought she was on a different team. Dylan is a female, so she's been pretty open about she's been pretty old. I think did she do it on SNL. Didn't she like announce her gainness somewhere like somewhere like on a show. I think it was like on a TV show that she did something. But I it was Dinah's favorite actress, Kristin Stewart christ that face of hers just constantly. She's very attractive, very pretty. Yeah, just can you have some fun with being famous a little bit? Can you have just a little bit of fun? It would be so fun to be famous like that? To me? You still understand what it's like? Well, I guess I don't know. So Daisy Duke is on the Looking at Girls blog page. See what that's all about, right, like the real like Catherine Bach, the person that like the reason we call those Daisy Dukes, Daisy Duke, she's on the Looking at Girls blog page. Like so many TVs do you have in your home? That's today's poll question on the ex at rod Ryan Show. How many including like iPads? And you know when I have three TVs? Televisions? The mom on TikTok was counting screens in the house. I thought that was too difficult. I'm just looking. I'm just curious as how many TVs? People have? Three TVs in your house? How many TV's that Chili have, Chili has four, Chili has four TVs? Four TVs is the best? Guess who's going closest to the pen. I'm gonna say three. I think it would be a good guest too, just to see we can get a game going here, kid, how many TV's in the house. I've got five? Five? Did win that one?
Speaker 4: Chilly?
Speaker 1: Where are all those TVs?
Speaker 11: You are in a closet and three are one in the living room and the other ones in the bedrooms?
Speaker 1: Do I have to say like working televisions? Like?
Speaker 11: I mean, no, they're working these years that I haven't put the momp.
Speaker 1: He hasn't decided where they want to go yet. I know you got like a side hustle television repair man over there. Hey man, don't don't don't knock the hustle. One, two, three. I'm even surprised you got a TV in your house. Rod's got a fancy outside TV. Yeah, that's pretty cool. Eight get eight TV? So that I wish I had that.
Speaker 11: Made want a whole wall, and only only only two get to exteen.
Speaker 1: That's true. The rest of collecting this, sixty percent of our audience has three to five televisions, twenty two percent of our audience has one to two, six or more. Fifteen percent believe it or not. Several people and more than one person has answered no TVs in the house. Who I don't believe that? Who's got no tvsy Joanna Gaines? Do they not have a TV?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I remember I interviewed and they said they don't have t I was like, well, what do you guys think of the show that we don't watch it?
Speaker 1: We don't have TVs? I bet you. I bet you with screen time and iPads and computers, I bet you there is somebody that doesn't have a TV for that reason. For that reason, why what do you do you watch? Read? You watch on your lap, you watch, you watch your raptops? Okay, who doesn't have a TV in their house? Who voted that's listening to the show that doesn't have a TV? Out yourself? We want to find out more about you. Houston's Rock and Alternatives The.
Speaker 3: Rod Y Morning Show from six to ten am, ninety four or five, sub Buzz.
Speaker 1: Here we Go ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show, another of our friends Pod and boy, you had to be up early with us. You had to listen. And what a game it was. The fresh out of bed head to head Sean Connery was well spoiler alert taken out by one time in the hall. Paul, Paul didn't couldn't believe that he won two questions to answers. Paul won himself some tickets to go see Buzzfest Pod. You just heard on the main stage, Blue October, Marilyn Manson, Chevelle Evans, Blue Stabbing, Westwards, Sleep Theory, and then there's gonna be a local band that opens up. Friday was the last day to submit for Bring On Buzzfest, presented by Love Street Blonde, and I can't wait. I don't know who's submitted. I haven't been in the process yet, but I will get involved in the process on going through all the submissions and I will have my say as to who I think should open up. I can't wait to see all the live performances that were sent to us. Alex and Chilly, you guys will be sent those as well. I can't wait. Well, but you've waited before. Well I watched them though, you did, Yeah, all of them. When they narrow it down, okay, then I look at it. What's tough is when you get eighty things to watch, eighty videos and eighty songs to listen to. It takes a while. Yeah, it takes hours to listen to the stople a day and yeah, make it go be clung process all right. Eighty percent chances scattered thunder storms today high of eighty one. Sad news today in Houston's headlines. Yeah, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: Pope Francis has died at the age of eighty eight. His last public appearance was for the Easter Sunday blessing yesterday, and he passed away this morning. He was the head of the Catholic Church in sovereign of the Vatican City State. Francis was the first pope from the Americas in the Southern Hemisphere and the first born or raised outside of Europe since the eighth century. He's gonna he'll be the first pope as well since Leo the thirteenth to be buried outside of the Vatican, and he'll be laid to rest in Rome's Santa Maria Maggiori. Basilica, Louisiana, Missouri, and Virginia have each reported their first measles cases of twenty twenty five, green the total number of affected US states to at least twenty seven. All three cases are linked to international travel. In Louisiana, an unvaccinated adult living in the Greater New Orleans area tested positive for measles. The individual is currently in isolation, and health officials are working to identify and notify anyone who may have been exposed to A child under four years old in Virginia who recently traveled internationally was also confirmed to have measles. The Virginia Department of Health has not disclosed the child's vaccination status, and in Missouri, a child with recent international travel was diagnosed with measles. As of Saturday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported eight hundred confirmed measles cases nationwide, which has nearly triple the total number reported in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Can you know that Oil and Guess? Greg has five TVs in his living room. I think he's sent a pictures before. He sent me a picture this morning. Yeah, my pole question today because I'm kind of piggybacking off of this this mom on TikTok who's talking about all the screens in her house. My question today was how many TVs do you have in your house? Yeah, Oil and guest Greg has five in his living room. That's an elite living room.
Speaker 2: I've wanted so many more TVs, but I get shot down and I don't have I don't have that power.
Speaker 1: My wife is like, no, it's too me TV, So I just buy iPads. I'm trying to think, if I've ever been in a room that's had if I've ever been in anybody's house that's.
Speaker 2: Had two screens, it's elite. You're gonna have red Zone on, and then you can have whatever game you're watching. If you have three, you could have your team red Zone. You Wrutch Texans on the side. You could like March Madness. You can have all four games going on at once, like.
Speaker 1: Just even two TVs. I would walk in and say, oh my god, you're so rich. It's elite. You have two TVs in your living room. I feel like a little I feel like a little kid when I found out they had like an ingrown inground pool, like, oh my god, you must be rich.
Speaker 2: My brother in his roommate before he moved in with now his wife, they had two I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: It was the coolest thing ever. Like you've got a video games and you're watching a game, they probably have a clear backboard. Yeah. That was always like, oh my god, you have a clear backboard, you're rich. You know, you just had the white one in the back. Yeah, Like my dad made ours out of peach baskets. Yeah, I mean it didn't even it wasn't even the right shape.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this mom on TikTok's going viral after counting all the different gadgets with screens that her family has.
Speaker 1: She and her husband have four.
Speaker 2: Kids and they have a total of twenty four screens in their home.
Speaker 1: Almost half of them were TVs.
Speaker 2: They had nine of those both adults, and all four kids have their own iPad, even their two year old. Her five year old has a second iPad that he uses for speech therapy.
Speaker 1: So in total, they have seven tablets as a family.
Speaker 2: She also kind of two Apple Watchers, two computers, three iPhones, and then Nintendo Switch that averages to four screens per person in her family.
Speaker 1: All right, So they a lot of kids, a lot of activity online. Back to our TV pole, how many TVs do you have in your home? Sixty one percent of our audience three have three to five. The next biggest number is one to two twenty one percent. Sixteen percent of our audience has six or more. Like Apple watches don't count.
Speaker 2: I do have iPads that I use exclusively to watch as second TVs though, so like I do feel like those are little baby TVs, right, And I don't use it to serve the Internet. I use it to go and stream whatever game.
Speaker 1: I want to watch because my TV I can't have a game on because of the limited options on X That's why I didn't include that. So it was specifically Tv'schuly has five. She has five in a closet.
Speaker 2: Yeap hoot off his release of his hit movie Sinners, director Ryan Cougler has confirmed that his reboot of The X Files is the next project that he'll be working on.
Speaker 1: He says he wants to make it really effing scary.
Speaker 2: And he's keeping his fingers crossed that Gillian Anderson is going to return as Danas Scully. Coogler's also directed the first Creed movie, as well as both Black Panther movies.
Speaker 1: So you know it's gonna be good. Okay, Well I don't see Chris Carter's name anywhere in here.
Speaker 2: He was the guy that wrote all that crazy stuff about David du Coveny is he is the coveman coming back?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He kind of does some kind of UFO podcast. It's a street channel thing. Yeah, so he's he's like, he's adjacent. So yeah, he'd just come back, dude to the UFO world. We need or do we need a new Scully and whatever? No, just bring a saying just running back. Okay, so everybody's doing it.
Speaker 2: Sublime has announced an all star tribute album titled Look At All the Love We Found, a tribute to Sublime. It commemorates the twentieth anniversary of the original two thousand and five tribute album and is going to feature thirty six tracks with contributions from artists such as Zach Brown Band, Pennywise, Jack Johnson.
Speaker 1: And Slightly Stupid.
Speaker 2: The album includes eight previously unreleased tracks offering fresh interpretations of Sublime's classics. Proceeds from the album will benefit an organ based nonprofit that supports families impacted by incarceration.
Speaker 1: The album is going to be released on May night. Those are use headlines. Okay, what you got over there in sports? In the sports which kind of suck right now.
Speaker 2: But Rockets lost the Warriors ninety five to eighty five last night in Game one of their first round series. They did shoot six of twenty nine from three, so that they got the bad shooting game out of the way, and.
Speaker 1: The refs were also not helping them at all. You said, we got nothing to worry about.
Speaker 2: Let's be fine Rockets in five. Okay, we can have a couple of days off for playing game two on Wednesday nights. Other NBA results from yesterday the Thunderblood the Grizzies, Celtics beat the Magic, and the Cavs top the Heat.
Speaker 1: Then there's two games tonight.
Speaker 2: At six thirty, the Knicks are gonna play the Pistons, and at nine the Nuggets host the Clippers. You can watch both games on T and T and True TV. In baseball, Astros fell the Padres last night, three to two. They did take two of three from San Diego over the weekend, though tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Blue Jays. Hunter Brown will be on the mound for the Strows going up against Toronto.
Speaker 1: Kyle Gossman.
Speaker 2: First pitch is at seventeen and you could listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty KTRH. In hockey, yeah, the Stanley Cup playoffs. Yesterday, the Hurricanes beat the Devils, the Maple Leafs top the Senators, and the Golden Knights got by the Wild. Tonight at six, the Capitols play the Canadians in game one of their series.
Speaker 1: At six thirty, it's Jets hosting the Blues.
Speaker 2: At eight thirty, the Avalanche take on the Stars, and at nine the Kings faced the Oilers. You can watch all the games on ESPN and ESPN two. That is what's going on in sports, rock and alternative use The.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, the.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Halfway part of the show people halfway point eight oh eight, over the halfway point. Help you're off to a great start to your day. Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. I guess some people are off today. There's some schools that are off today. All right, all right, we didn't even get a good Friday off around these parts. Yeah. Sorry, it's good to be back on with you guys. Got my six picks up. I'll talk about those just for a minute. Scattered thunderstorms eighty percent chance today, highs of around eighty one. So yeah, Easter week busy around my house. We were all over the place. Lots of cooking, lots of baking, lots of lambs. Yeah, the lambs. The lamb lies down on Broadway. The butter lamb is there. The kid was heavily involved in these things. Wow, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's got to be a part of these things. She likes it. I made a lamb cake. I've never shown you guys the lamb cake before. Now, the lamb cake is supposed to be sitting upwards. It's supposed to be like a three D lamb. What happened was what had happened was I cooked the lamb cake. And I don't think I've ever made one of these before. So I'm getting all my stuff from ant Zoo. They're not giving me a lot of information. It's like true pollocks. I feel like even my sister was leaving something out was and my mom they weren't really helping. I don't think they wanted my lamb cake to be a success. They weren't really giving me all the tools to succeed. I'm making this lamb cake. I made it and I took it out of the it's a lamb mold. You have to look at the pictures. It's supposed to be sitting upwards. Yeah, the lamb is supposed to be sitting on the plate. I set it down and it went and it flattened out, and it just became a cake. Like a cake. How a cake sits. I mean, it looks cool, it looks like a lamb, but there was no way it was going to stand.
Speaker 2: I like the little sign that you do that because it's like, no, this is how it was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, London's idea for the sun and all that. So we made the lamb cake. Then we made the butter lamb, and then we made Uh. We were at my girlfriend's sister's house and we brought the perogi recipe, which I don't think my mom left anything out of that one. Okay, so she set me up for success on that one. There was something missing on that lamb cake. Bro there was something missing. My mom and my sister do not want me to have a successful lamb cake. The perogis we made this year were were fantastic, So there's a there's a picture of that and then the little Easter roaring fire. But the perogi we had one, two, three, four. We had five people in the kitchen working in an assembly line. N I'm making the dough and I'm rolling out the little dough. Then you got to fill it. You fill it with Some of them had sauer kraut, some of them had potato and cheese. Others had a cheese. Nobody sells farmer cheese in Texas. I know you got that's why, because nobody uses it for parogis. You use a thing called farmer's cheese. I guess it would be most similar to a goat cheese if you're familiar with that. So that was kind of like a farmer's cheese. So we used goat cheese instead made so we made that. But anyway, I'm rolling the dough. I got three people filling, and then I got one boiling and buttering. My grandma did this with arthritic hands until the day she died in her tiny little kitchen and made eighty of these things by herself. We were strong, five of us, we made sixty. You guys, just do it all the time and then it'll be I guess. But like Grandma's are undefeated. Grandma's are completely undefeated. I mean the perogi making for the Polish people, which today's a big day. It's Dingha's Day. You always talked about that before, and we're chasing around people with pussy willows, buffalo, The biggest Dingas Day celebration in the world is happening today. It's a holiday over there. That's why they got off today.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: But the only thing that I'll like into making parogi's is like how Chili will talk about how around Christmas you make the tamales or themales as we were samlies, as we were kind of taught on this show. It's that whole thing, like the family gets together, grandma does it best, you know, same thing in same thing with the perogi's. My mom's were good, my grandma's were better. I think ours were pretty damn good. Yeah, they I think they wound up being pretty good. What you're seeing is me rolling the dough and then that was just the boiled. I probably should have included a picture because then you have to fry them in some onion a little bacon. Boy, they're delicious. They're just so heavy and filling. But it's it's like the Tomali's that you guys make at Christmas time. So there's my six picks. There was a lot of baking, a lot of he has risen a lot of eastering. Easter Buddy was good. I mean I could have posted twenty five pictures. We were a busy busy this week, but thank you for posting. Thank you for checking out the pictures. They're all on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at Thebuzz dot com. Coming up, I told you about this amazing opportunity with the band three eleven May nine, three eleven play seven one to three music. All you can get tickets through ticketmaster dot com. What you can't get is winning tickets from us, meeting the band and getting qualified for box seats as a grand prize. That's all coming up after the break Rock and Alter the Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody, see your mills Monday. Eighty percent chances scattered thunderstorms highs of around eighty one today. Here we go. Everything the Pope is trending. Hope, Yeah, Pope Francis is again. And the huge component of this is Vice President Jade Vance was just with him yesterday. Yeah, yesterday he saw him.
Speaker 2: So either it was because of him no that he did that, or that was all he needed, like his life was fulfilled because he met Jade Vance. So you could look at it either way.
Speaker 1: Okay, well outside you're on spin it that way. Maybe the last dignitary to meet the pope, So well, go down in the history books. Elizabeth Hurley still way up there on trending searches. This morning she's dating Billy Ray Cyrus. What the hell I had Benson Boone trending?
Speaker 2: Benson Boone played a weekend two at Coachella, and last weekend he had Brian May from Queen from out.
Speaker 1: There for him to sing Bohemian Rhapsody. I did not know who Brian May was.
Speaker 2: It seemed they did not give him a real applause or anything that he did not.
Speaker 1: Get a great welcome, Like I don't think the kids in Coachella and the audience knew who it was.
Speaker 2: Benson Boone kind of went off on online about like, how do you not know Brian May? And then this weekend he brought a cardboard cutout of Brian May out with.
Speaker 1: Him control of the fans, So we have a whole page up Coachella highlights or low lights. There was a chick that threw up on stage. I'm not familiar with this our particular artist. But then Lady Gaga was having some problems with her headset. Now we know that weekend one the story was maybe one of the maybe it was one of the best performances of all time. Now she makes headlines for having a malfunction equipment malfunction. So and then of course Dave Role appeared on the second weekend and Green Day was there again. So there's a lot of cool highlights that are up on links and guests for this festival that most of us will never go to. And then christ and Stewart is also a trend.
Speaker 2: She married to her girlfriend Dylan Meyer now wife over the weekend and people are sending them well wishes.
Speaker 1: So are we? Does she look disgusted in their wedding photos as she looks like everything see.
Speaker 2: The wedding photos, But I would imagine, at least in a couple of them, maybe she.
Speaker 1: Has this look of disgust at all times that absolutely makes me insane. You must there must be some joy in your life at something.
Speaker 12: She just doesn't have to smile for you. Oh that's what's not for you. I got it, rob, But that's what training and night for by the Buzz three eleven, May ninth, seven to one to three Music Hall. What I have for caller ten, right now, clear the phone lines for caller ten.
Speaker 1: I've got tickets. I got a little meet and greet with the band, and I'll get you qualified for the grand prize that we will give to one of you, one of the winners, one of the five winners this week. We'll get you in a box seat. If you get the grand prize on Friday, I'll upgrade you. So if you want tickets and meeting the band seven one to three into five, nine four five everyone else, get your tickets at ticketmaster dot com. The rod Ryan Show found ninety four or five No Buzz oh ninety four five The Buzz popa roach last resort. Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back for the weekend. Everybody, Let's go to the phones here. Good morning, hellos. This Hi, This is Samantha. Hi Samantha, how are you today?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 1: Did you get into any Easter candy this weekend?
Speaker 3: I've eaten all my daughters Lisa's.
Speaker 1: Egg I was surprised my kid wasn't that interested in the reeses, the peanut butter eggs. I'm like, those are the ones. It's the Cadbury eggs that are like, that's that rock. That's the gold. Yeah, the cadburyers. But she didn't even get the runny egg ones. There must be another kind now that has a caramel in them or a caramel Yeah. So did you eat these because your daughter didn't like her or you just kind of stole them?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I stole them.
Speaker 1: I ate them after she went to bad Yeah, of course she did, as a good parent should. Of course. Of course. Hey, you're call her number ten. Congratulations.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 1: So this is a pretty cool prize you have. You're locked in. You're locked in a pair of tickets to three eleven. You are now locked into meeting the band. Okay, so bring your phone and now you're in the drawing on Friday. I'm gonna take you five winners. You're one today I'm gonna take the five names. Chili's gonna put them in a hat. Alex will pull one out, or Chili will pull one out one of the twins. I can't keep them apart. I don't know he's pulling the name. Uh, they look the same. One of you is going to get upgraded to box seats for the show at the seven and three Music Hall. Okay, awesome, thank you, thank you, thank you. Samantha pull a question on the X today, how many TV's are in your house? Go ahead, comment throughout the entire house is three? Yeah, most popular answer three to five sixty one percent of our audience. You're so popular, You're just like everybody that listens to the rod Ryans Show. Number one answer, Thank you, Samantha, have a great day. Thank you you too, buye, thank you, have a good time at that show, and good luck. The drawing. You know one of those things we'll do before we get out of here on Friday. I know Chili's body, I know, you know Chili's body. That's one of those things that he'll probably the three eleven tickets that'll probably be the last thing we give away on Friday. I know the show that's how he's he's clever, he's crafty like that today I know the show pizza gift card. I guess we have those all week to give away. That's cool. Another big week of chance and one a thousand dollars for alternative income that's coming up at nine ten. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, O. Samantha's on hold funny t M I or both? All right? We got do we need to know every single thing about our our idols and our favorite rockers and rock stars. I'll say this, Jelly Roll always give, always gives a great interview. Okay, he's awesome especially, but he's honest, he's he's very refreshing. I'm worried that he's going to become one of those guys that does he just I still like him. I think I'll always like him. But is he becoda? Is he gonna what happened to Creed? You know what I mean? What happened to what happened to these bands? It became super popular?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: He he's got a great story that I don't think ever gets old. His approach to interviews, you never know what he's going to say. He's not afraid to share. Maybe he shared a little too much. Him and Luke Bryan were on the Jennifer Hudson Show the other day. She asked the question what's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened while performing? And before Luke could even answer, Jelly said, I pooped myself on stage? You want to know that? Or is it TMI or is it funny? Here's answering the question, what do you want to know about your favorite rock stars? Do you want to know if Brandon Boyd from Incubus ever craft himself on stage? Do you want to know? Now? No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think that that was too much information. When you're like, what is the worst thing that's happened on stage? That is Yeah, that's an illegit answer.
Speaker 1: I'll say this. Jennifer Hudson looks horrified. Okay, she looks. Who's watching the Jennifer Hudson Joe Like, Mom's in the middle of the day. It's one of those TV shows, you know, careful how I talk about daytime TV?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Before Luke Brian could even answer, Jelly said, I pooped myself one time. I did. I'm sorry. I was confident it was all air. It was not the audience look horrified. Luke starts laughing as I would. I think it's funny. And then Jelly even said, he goes, I watched this crowd go from completely loving me to being completely out and then Luke Brian like he's got his back. He's like, that's why we love this guy right here, and then Jelly just kind of did I overshare again? Is that too much? Is that too much?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's too much. Do you want to know that stuff in that context? Yeah, like that was the answer to a question that he gave.
Speaker 1: You want to just give it a cand answer that's like haha.
Speaker 2: One time it started on stage like all right, we're not talking about it if that's what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I know this isn't for everyone, and you know, like, okay, of course Rod's going to talk about that. Of course I am to see Jennifer Hudson's reaction. And maybe it's just us because we interview people. I don't think it's lost on anyone to see it's it's a genuine OMG. I cannot believe you're sharing that on my show right now. It's pretty funny. Luke Brian's got his back, which is cool. He's a bro. But I got the interview. It's It's definitely worth watching on Links and Guests Today Show, The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Like you so much for having a song Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die. I'm Rob. There's Alex. That's Chile over there. Chili says that we're looking for another one of you to come down on Thursday to play read my lips. He's got the sign up for you already. Hey Chili, do I have Chili? Is he here today? He's right there right? What up? If any one of us grew up having a nickname, my money would be on you. Oh yeah, because you played football. I know Alex grew up playing sports as well. Me not so much, but mine had to do with what my extracurricular activities as well. Did you have a nickname growing up like that? It was? Was it universally known that everybody kind of called you that? Or was it just dude?
Speaker 11: I had like five different nicknames different ages of my life.
Speaker 1: Uh huh uh huh uh.
Speaker 11: I like when I was uh in Guatemala, I used to call me Chepe. I don't know why I guess what. That's what they call Josees in Spanish. Okay, so that's what they would call me. And then when I came here to the US and I was playing football at Stratford's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the Guatemalan Nightmare.
Speaker 8: Yeah that I mean, you know they they used to call me Burrito. Yeah, so this might play into this discussion right here. Yeah, they said nicknames are going away.
Speaker 1: Why they're trying to figure it out? This is like the whole thing, like we're running out of cousins or something. We had that discussion. There's a nicknames aren't as common anymore. This comes from the Wall Street Journal. Nicknames because parents like their kids name and they take them way more seriously than we used to. And then calling him burrito is that offensive? Now? Like what if you're like, what if you're a really large individual, William the refrigerator Perry, If you're calling somebody a nickname based on their size, are you size shaming?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: That's playing into the fact that nicknames I think I don't think they're ever going away in sports, I don't think they ever will. Okay, and radio guys and stuff like that, nicknames will be around. We love nicknames. On this show. We like to nickname everybody you know. But they say because of people being so butt hurt over things like that, like calling you you said it burrito, Like okay, that's funny, Like there's burrito like that.
Speaker 11: Mine has like a funny story to it. And then it was like a I moved to Strafford High School. Yeah, first year there, I played football football practice. I made a good play in practice. A guy named Colin Kapler came out to me and he's like, hey man, that's a good play. And I was like, I didn't say anything. And then he goes, what's your name? And I just told him, don't worry about it, just being me and a smart ass. And then he says, ah, you look like you could get a lot of burritos. I'm gonna call you burrito.
Speaker 1: And that was it.
Speaker 11: And then he said can I call you Burrito? And I was like can I Can I kick your ass? And he said, oh, you named burrito. And that's how it was. The next day in school lunch, he goes a burrito during the lunch period and everybody looked at him like he was about to get beat up.
Speaker 1: And he goes, come sit with me, and.
Speaker 11: Then I went and say with him, and after that everybody just called me burrito.
Speaker 1: Turned it around to a good thing. So that's all he was. You know, did you have a nickname, Alex? Like when you're football, you're you're yelled by your middle name middle that kind of thing. I just it wasn't ever, like, it didn't catch up. I was a little bit just because I played the drums and that rubber boy, rubber boy, rubber boy. Yeah, that was That's something that you guys have come up with. Thanks uh, Rock and Rod. I guess that was about as close as I ever came to a nickname name. I didn't, I promise I didn't.
Speaker 11: That sounds like something you would be like, I want it to be cool.
Speaker 1: As much disdain as I have for people giving themselves a nickname, you know, I didn't nickname myself. You know I didn't. You cannot give yourself a nickname. So what's your name?
Speaker 5: Rod?
Speaker 7: Rod?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was riff Raff in college, but I didn't give myself a stupid I get that was just giving myself a dumb radio name for my metal show was riff Raff and Blades.
Speaker 11: Hey, maybe you can sume riff raft from Houston and for a copyright in Frenchman.
Speaker 1: Maybe good. Maybe I know I got like an old flyer or something that I was in there first. Nicknames they are, like I said, I don't think they'll ever go fully extinct. But you know, you can't call a heavy set friend tiny as a joke anymore. So they said a lot of nicknames are going away. Bro they will live on forever on the show.
Speaker 11: In a Mexican family, you can't survive with that a nick name broke, right, if you like whatever your biggest fear is, that's what they give you the nickname, right, So like if you you know, that's just how it is. They'll look at you and they'll be like, if you're the darkest person, they'll call you you know yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And that's and for those reasons, that's why they say they're going away, because everybody's overly sensitive all these things. Alex hates when I give him stuff for past the gravy, but I do not best sports nickname of all time? Is it Magic Johnson? Magic Johnson? Is that the greatest nickname of all of sports? It's the shoes? Yeah, but that wouldn't even be close, like, Okay, the this this could be a good one. The mount rushmore of sports nicknames, The Great One, The Great One is pretty good, great one Primetime Primetime is pretty good. So but Magic Johnson's gotta be I mean, but you mentioned Primetime though, he probably did give himself that nickname. Yeah, as a matter of fact, I think he did. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 8: If you can live up to it, right, yeah, I mean he backs it up, sir.
Speaker 1: All right, Magic Jazzon has to be there's a little show prep for you. All right, thank you, little showck draft of How about the juice they Simpson. That's a pretty good one, Jesus loose. Yeah, the juice was great. Yeah, the Jews was great. That whole double murder thing really ruined it.
Speaker 9: Hou Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz. All right, welcome back, it's a rod Ryan Show. Welcome back for the weekend. Everybody. Eighty percent chance of scattered thumberstorms today him about eighty one. Tonight only a thirty percent chance.
Speaker 10: So just for the day, it's gonna be rainy out there, all right, What are we doing next hour alternative income closer to a round nine ten chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We're gonna leave you with a one hundred dollars he sees pizza gift card. We're gonna have that all week for you, Chilly, put it on know the show today. That's a good way to go out on a Monday. All right, let's go sad news on the overnight one final time, Alex with Houston's headlines. Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: Pope Francis has died at the age of eighty eight. His last public appearance was for the Easter Sunday blessing yesterday, and he passed away this morning. He was the head of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State. Francis was the first Pope and the Americas in the Southern Hemisphere, and the first born arraised outside of Europe since the eighth century. There'll be the first pope since Leo the eighteenth to be buried or leave the thirteenth to be buried outside of the Vatican. He'll be laid to rest in a simple wooden casket in Rome's Santa Mario Maggiori Basilica.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. When they show the Vatican that beautiful building stuff, there's like this super posh apartment that the pope can live in. And he didn't want that. He didn't he had like all the amenities and everything. It was set aside for the pope. He goes, I don't want to live like that. And he wanted to live in a real small place, and he wanted to be accessible. He wanted people to be able to get near him. You know, he was the people's Pope, they called him. And he had nicknames too, you know, it was public told him. You know, he was always so forward about the homeless, and obviously he said things about the gay community that no pope has ever said. Yeah, but he didn't live in what they get. They're like, this is your new this is where you live now. He's like, I don't want this. And he lived in a very very not squalor. But he lived but a small little place. Though he didn't want that big posh room that they made for him.
Speaker 2: I don't know they would. They're just say empty the whole time. I think so Airbnb that I think, so there's some money in there helped the homeless.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't imagine that'd be lot. A homeless person sleep in it every night, that'd be cool. You couldn't have unholy thoughts in that apartment, dude, Okay, what do you think you're gonna throw a rager in there? Keger? I don't know. Let's go what else holiest ragers?
Speaker 2: The American Civil Liberties Union filed emergency appeals on Friday to halt the deportations of Venezuelan migrants under the Alien Enemies Act of seventeen ninety eight. The Supreme Court responded by temporarily blocking the deportation, emphasizing the necessity for detainees to have a reasonable chance to seek habeas corpus relief before removal. NBC News has learned that ice Bus is carrying twenty eight alleged members of the Trendy Aragua gang to the airport will be flown to Elsel to be flown to El Salvador turned around after the emergency directive from the Supreme Court, and Justices Clarence Thomas as well as Samuel Alito dissented from this decision, which I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: They just didn't like it. I guess I dissent. I don't know. I was over here, was trapped in my own thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perce is your job meaningless? Most Americans say no. A poll found that cc two percent of Americans do think that their job has some sort of meaningful impact, eighteen percent were not sure, and twenty percent of people said that they feel like they're just keeping a chair warm. College grads are a little more likely to think their job does make a difference, so were the people with classic office jobs that involve meetings and emails. Whan his wizard love. He Thesei's jobs most meaningful because he loves meetings.
Speaker 1: Did you see City Slickers? The original one? Now it's now it's like an old movie, but it was Billy Crystal and he was having like a midlife crisis. And it's funny, now that I think about it. I hadn't thought about it forever. He's like questioning his life and he sells radio advertising, and he goes Billy Crystal goes into this whole thing, is like, what do I do for a living? I sell air? I sell air. I sell airtime on radio stations. But technically I'm selling air. What do I do? So he was having that midlife crisis. Is this job meaningful or not?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that we're like.
Speaker 2: Kings or anything, but like, people listen to us on the way to work, So that's meaningful, right, even if it's just to pass the time and not listen to just nothing.
Speaker 1: They just heard you throwing a party in the popes apart, right, like keeping people in the know. That was the meaningfulness that you got to.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying we're like, I'm not saying that we like we're positive, but like you're listening.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to us, it's better than listening to nothing. I feel pretty good. I feel like, yeah, I feel like sort of meaning, sort of a bit of a purpose here. I do too. That's good. I think you should try to find full of myself. But I think everybody should try to find that in their job. You know, it's like, okay, there, listen, I do this and you don't have to actually make something at the end of the day. But I always am jealous of people in construction or like you could drive buy something and I help build that. Yeah, that'd be really cool. That would be the sickest thing to do in front of your kid to say I put that on that building and did that. Yes, but also I can understand if they do I hate your.
Speaker 2: Job and they just give you a billion dollars, Like, absolutely, do that too.
Speaker 1: Go check out these YouTube videos that your dad did. Stupid. That's what my kid's gonna Yeah, that's all they're gonna have. They're gonna have. Your kid's gonna have six thousands. Your kid's gonna have six thousand. Past the Gravy podcast. Hey, we were on a WrestleMania one time. Now, Okay, that's Daddy's that's Daddy's podcast. Find some meaning in the work that you do. You're all doing are.
Speaker 2: Dave Grohl made an appearance during the second weekend of Coachella. Doctor Gustavo Dudamel and the La Philharmonic did a set on Saturday night, and Girl made a special guest appearance.
Speaker 1: And here's a little clip from that. Slaps. Yeah. An orchestra played live at Coachella. I want to see the crowd. You can see the video. I'm a Coachella page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go check this out at the Wolfman's Rod Ran show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really cool. There's the music blog page is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah uh and then also a music related puddle of mud coming out with a new album. It's called Kiss the Machine and it'll be their Their first single is called Bututamus, and it's currently available on all major streaming platforms. It's the first album for the band since twenty twenty three and is going to include nine songs. Fans can pre order a limited edition CD and T shirt bundle now, though that includes a signpostcard from front man West Scantlon. Kiss the Machine comes out on May second. Just a little update for you, So I know you were talking. You were a big on story last week.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, you're the drummer. Zach Starkey is back in the Who as the drummer. They said it was a miscommunication so.
Speaker 2: That they didn't think he was good anymore, Like didn't I say that his play was bad and that was why he was out.
Speaker 1: Pete Townsend said there have been some communication issues personal and private on all sides that needed to be dealt with. These have all been aired happily. More posts coming. The Who have rehired Ringo Star's son, Zach Starky communication break after issuing a statement on personal issues, so he's not out Hell yeah, dude. I think most people found out that Ringo's Stars son was the first son was the drummer of the Who last week. I think they the first time enjoy him. He's the longest tenured in that band twenty nine years, I think the longest drummer. Yeah. Those are Uston's headlines. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: Well, Rockets lost the Warriors last night, ninety five to eighty five. They were six of twenty nine from three point range, which is not a great way to win a game. They're gonna have a couple of days off before they play Game two on Wednesday night. But you got your bad shooting game out of the way. Now you're just gonna beat the Warriors. Ass Rockets in five. Some of the NBA Playoffs score or playoff result from yesterday besides the Rockets were the Thunder blowing out the Grizzlies, the Celtics beating the Magic, and the Cavs topping the Heat.
Speaker 1: There's two more NBA playoff games tonight.
Speaker 2: At six point thirty, the Knicks are gonna take on the Pistons, and at nine, the Nuggets host the Clippers.
Speaker 1: You go watch both those on TNT and True TV.
Speaker 2: In baseball, the Astros fell to the Padres last night, three to two. They did take two of three from San Diego over the weekend, though. Tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Blue Jays at dyk In Park. Hunter Brown'll be on the mound for this DROs going up against Toronto's Kyle Gossman. First pitch is at seven to ten, and you can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven KRH.
Speaker 2: In hockey, yesterday the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricanes beat the Devils, Maple Leafs top the Senators, and Golden Knights got by the Wild. Tonight at six, the Capitols are gonna play game one of their series against the Canadians.
Speaker 1: At six thirty, the Jetzel host the Blues.
Speaker 2: At eight thirty, the Avalanche take on the Stars, and at nine, the Kings face the Oilers. You can watch all the games on ESPN and ESPN two. That is what's going on in splits.
Speaker 3: Houston, Houston's alternative and helm at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Lincoln Park welcome to the nine o'clock hour. Just like that, pick it the door down, nine oh seven. I got alternative income coming up, chance to win one thousand dollars and need you to get involved. Listen for the keyword. All that sort of thing. We watch some local winners on this national contest. Makes us all look good, all right, it makes the radio wizard look good, makes us look good. I want we only got one opportunity, Like Jeremy gets to do this at ten after his whole shift, and the same thing with Teresa, will do it till five to ten. We get this one opportunity for us to get a winner in there. By the way, speaking of Lincoln Park, you know, we were doing that trip to see Lincoln Park in San Francisco, and we said, try to be real honest with you guys about all this stuff. That was a national contest. We had a local winner. Oh awesome. Yeah, I don't know if they were it doesn't matter. It's a team here. I don't know if they're from the Morning show. But we had a local winner for the credit for the Lincoln Park trip. I got our name somewhere. Pretty awesome. Congratulations, that's good again. That makes us look good. It's like, oh, people are listening and winning and out of Houston. What's going on over there? Eighty percent chances scattered thunderstorms highs of around eighty one. Help me, help me, Alex, Help me, Alex, You're my only hope. People have been doing lists for a long time, we know that, and people had been using the Who's on the Mount Rushmore of this right forever. I feel like that's been talked about Mount Rushmore was made maybe. I feel like, you know, we were talking about like who's on the Mount Rushmore of White Rappers? And I think it's gained popularity because people can now do these AI generated images of Mount Rushmore and they can put the faces on there and you can have you can have AI created for you, and that's why I think they become so popular. The whole thing of like who's on the Mount Rushmore of this that's kind of been around all forever, but now we're seeing these pictures and you're seeing it on the Internet all the time. So the one that we talked about was machine Gun. Kelly was upset that he wasn't on the Mount Rushmore of White Rappers? Right right? We talked about that one. Is there any other ones that you've seen offhand that like of the AI ones? Yeah, I'm seeing them all the time, and I just can't come up with another one. But one that just appeared was the Mount Rushmore of Disney Channel stars. Okay, so you got this AI image of Mount Rushmore and then he got the leading Disney Channel ladies. Do you know who like specifically came from Disney. That would be big Hillary Duff.
Speaker 2: Hillary Duff was left off what you left Lizzie Maguire off.
Speaker 1: She kind she's the one that had to crawl so the others could walk. She's kind of like the Beastie Boys. How we said the Beastie Boys needed to be on that ye White Rapper one. So you got Raven Simone that's so Raven, Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana got tired to be Hannah Montana, Right, I forgot that was Disney, not Nickelodeon. Who was the star of the Wizards of Waverley Place, obviously, Alex, it's Selena Goehman. Very good. You were right on that nice Selena Gomez that she came from that show and from the show, and this is the one that people are complaining just because she's super popular and super famous. Now, she was on the Disney Channel on the show which I've never heard of, but it's okay, I'm old, Shake it Up. She got her start on the Disney show Take It Up. And they included her on the Mount Rushmore and not girl Zendaya.
Speaker 5: Na.
Speaker 1: Yep, they put her on there, and everyone is freaking out. The obvious question is where is Hillary Duff. That was the first thing you said, Lizzie McGuire, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was trying to think Disney Channel shows and then even Stevens.
Speaker 1: But you can't put you can't put him on there. He's not a girl. Here's what people are saying. Hillary Duff literally created the blueprint for how to launch a Disney Channel star's career. Not having Hillary Duff here is just rewriting history.
Speaker 2: But it's also smart because you have to leave off somebody obvious, so then you get the engagement.
Speaker 1: That's what the list, that's the whole point. We wouldn't talk about the Mount Rushmore of Disney Channel stars if they hadn't left out Hillary Duff. You know how big of a Lizzie McGuire fan I am. Yeah, you are yeah, you are one person, says Zendeia is only Poslive because she was in Spider Man changed my mind. I don't know where she came from. It says she's on the list. Sabrina Carpenter, what would she She was a Disney kid. I wonder if you google Disney Channel stars she is was the Mickey mouse Club Disney? I think so that was like justin Timberlake, Britney Spears all those people. Or would you have to create a separate Mickey mouse Club? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, you gotta create a monument for sure? Was that under a Disney channel? It was just Disney?
Speaker 1: Okay? I think I don't know how it works. I don't know either, all right, Yeah, these are the things that people are fighting about on the internet. If I don't know somebody and they become popular, I'm like, they must have had some Disney show that I didn't watch. What I should be doing? Now you're getting to that age like, oh, they must like you just freaked out over Sabrina Carpenter. Of course everybody knows that she was probably on some show beforehand. All right, guys, get involved, good luck, win some money. Houston and the Rod Ryan Morning Show them the buzz. Okay, good luck on that alternative income. I hope you're getting that information and word that you need and all just get that money. Go get that thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: I got a one hundred pizza gift card coming up on Know the Show, So that'll be the last thing we give away before we get out of here. We got a lot to do before we get there, though, including.
Speaker 2: This online Kid's Alix online the muzz.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Alex's al today is his favorite Lizzie McGuire moments over the year. McGuire, I had no idea you were such a fan. I just name. I mean I didn't really watch it. You love her Nickelodeon. You love her? I mean he doesn't you love her?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: I think Elia does? President of her fan club. What are you doing today?
Speaker 2: You're gonna check how good of a clown you are today You're looking at balloon animals.
Speaker 1: I've been called a clown before. Yeah, yeah, you big feed I make you laugh funny like a clown. Yeah. Between that and the big feet, I've been called clown more than once.
Speaker 2: So you will be showing a bunch of different balloon animals and asked to select a certain animal, and you're going to have to be able to identify which balloon animal is that animal.
Speaker 1: Some of them are more m others. It's gonna be tough. You you can get them all right. Hey, you're a certified clown, so go check it out.
Speaker 2: Test your clown skills at the World Famish rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Bus. Good morning, rod Ryan's show man. Thank you so much for chilling with us on this Monday, always hoping you had a great weekend. I had a wonderful Easter experience. Els, what do you do for Easter? I didn't even ask you. I got my six picks up. Everybody knows what I did for Easter. I talked about it. What do you do for Easter?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think, kid, We're out of town Saturday and I was going to that basketball game. So we just met my parents at the Rustic Downtown and did kind of like a dinner that we just called our Easter dinner.
Speaker 1: You got off the hook from going out of town. I rocket sings. Good for you, dude. You're the whole place to yourself. That's what say. You told me you were gonna have a place to yourself. Tell me you had just hookers and livestock and donkey and fire trucks, and tell me you just have like the best razer ever. I won't even be to the mad because I was busy. I won't even be mad. Tell me you just had hookers, like a conga line of hookers in and out of your apartment. So that was that was gonna be the plan.
Speaker 2: And then it ended up I played like seven hours of Fortnite with some of my friends.
Speaker 1: Did you really play seven hours of video games?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Maybe not seven, but like five hours.
Speaker 9: Really.
Speaker 2: I had had the two iPads up, I had hockey and basketball on, and then were.
Speaker 1: You wear a diaper? Can you pause it? Yeah? In between games, I go back to the lobby. Then you go pee. I have to ask everybody that you're dialed in with to Paul, like, yeah, you play, it's like a game.
Speaker 2: And so like after each one, you're like you can either ready up and go right into another one, or you.
Speaker 1: Can be like, hey, let's go back to the lobby with that. But you want to head with like a bunch of twelve year olds. No, it's like three friends. Okay, are they running around? Is you're running to the bathroom? No?
Speaker 2: No, you I mean you can in the game if you can hide, well, no, but I usually will just go back to lobby and then that's when you go pee.
Speaker 1: I crushed it from beers. I had twelve beers by myself. I was pretty proud of it. It was a nice little saturday. Dude, I'm wishing you had six picks. I'm just you sitting there playing video games and peeing your pants drinking beers. I didn't peel my pant. Mad.
Speaker 2: I get childless sleep, which I'm starting to learn is something that's nice you kind of appreciate occasionally. Yeah, that whenever that does happen, it's nice.
Speaker 1: All right, Good you glad, I asked. I'm glad. I had a couple of wins. Did you cook for yourself? Did you eat anything this weekend? You forget to eat. I'm skinny. That's how skinny eat. This guy is. I had crabcakes. I've never forgotten to eat ever in my life. You are a guy that forgets to eat. I did forget to take breakfast. Oh I hate you. Yesterday fat boy. I roll out of bed. I can't wait to eat. I cannot wait, Like, oh my god, what am I having until yesterday? He slept until ten thirty? Yeah? What times you go to bed Saturday? I like one or two? There's wild The phone wasn't blowing you up? Like your wife didn't call you in the morning. She larious? Sleep next, Okay, get those hookers out of there. Hey have you heard this cover? Apparently snoop. I couldn't believe we had it in the system. By the way, and I think we have it in the system. Oh boy, see if you recognize this song, don't bother give my lady. Yeah, it was about five years ago. We take Give my first puff Give was love at first light love the first night my uncle told me, don't rush. This could be your first You recognize the melody Last Day Tom Petty? Yes, yeah, yeah, he's Marbo. Teen is one last Dance with Mary Jane Mirror County Blue is woea Loo. I don't like this very as much as what a Cooper I used to flip back. He must have changed all the lyrics. Let me guess he keeps Tom Petty's part. Now I'm committed now we gotta see if Tom Petty he's in the video, Tom Petty. I can't get past who took this world? What we guessed enough that.
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's tp you know what? Too much Snoop Dogg. Right now, I have Snoop Dogg fatigue, Like I had rock fatigue for a while there. Yeah, Like I liked Snoop during the Olympics and stuff. I thought it was great. But then he's just on everything. It's like, okay, enough Snoop. Snoop Dogg released this video yesterday. Okay, that's familiar. Last Dance with Mary Jane. He's got jelly roll, jelly rolls on everything now, Doctor Dre, he's got animated. There's jelly I'm saying, that's what I'm worried about. Jelly roll. Will we get jelly roll fatigue? He's being used. Everyone wants him, everyone wants to collab with him, Genre has him. He's on every talk show. He's crapping his pants on Jennifer Hudson's show. Well, he told a story about crapping his pants Jennifer Hudson. So, Jelly Roll Dre are on the song with Snoop, But then in the video that I have on the music blog page. Tom Petty, Bob Marley, and Tupac.
Speaker 2: Okay, this came out yesterday.
Speaker 1: The video came out yesterday. Yes, of course, have a change now. The Smile method Man, Redman, be Real, whis Kalifa, They're all in this video.
Speaker 2: He's an incredibly underwhelming song. I feel like, for the amount of people that are in it, hope.
Speaker 1: And for those reasons, you're gonna pass. I'm just like, I don't know. Uh yeah, yeah, i'd pass on this arm. I think I'm out too, But I kind of want to see the video. I put it on this morning for a second and I got busy. I didn't So the video is on the music blog page if you want to see what how they can bring all these people and characters together.
Speaker 13: The day after Easter is egg fart Monday. Egg fart Monday is not a real holiday, However, it's still a good idea to practice social distancing in your home, especially after your dad adal of the egg salad from the dyve Easter eggs turn up to ceiling fans. Don't forget to wear your medical mask inside light ascended candle and crank up the Fabreeze and happy egg fart Monday. Egg Fart Monday is still not a real holiday.
Speaker 1: It's good rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz Now ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Neirvanda, it didn't Bloom nine thirty seven on this Milk Monday. Number one link today the number two. I'm gonna make sure that this is held true. I haven't looked at about an hour, okay, so what I look at is this thing that kind of shows me what you guys are looking at. And Chili just kind of dusted me earlier. He's like, I don't know, man, I don't know. That's just the way it is, Chili. If you look at the number one link today, today's April twenty first, it's milf Monday. It's that lussy berry. Yeah. The number two link today is last week's milf Monday. Who must have appeared somewhere that people are clicking on it from last week. There's no way they're just going back a week clicking on it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that picked up but that news breakap.
Speaker 1: Oh, so it went a little viral.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I got picked up by them. So they were the ones Okay, that traffic.
Speaker 1: Last week's Milk Monday is the number two link today. And then there's my six picks from the weekend. Looking at girls case Stu, Beyonce, Megan the Stallion, Lady Gaga. Wow, there's a lot. There's a lot on that looking at Girls' blog page. Okay, so those are your top leaks. Three things you must see. I don't know why I continue to put that blog page up. Nobody looks at it on three things you must see to that, and it's in the title of the blog page. You must see it. Okay. I got a guy in Brooklyn riding a bicycle. He's balancing a refrigerator on his head. How how would you do that? You have to go see you have to go see that now. For Patriots Day, Leckington, Massachusetts unveiled a two hundred and fiftieth anniversary commemorative arch and upon the unveiling of it, it fell apart in front of everybody. Seems bad. The big celebrity there was Saturday Night Live's Rachel Drack and she's on the mic they unveil it. It falls apart at the unveiling of this thing, and she just you know, she's a comedian. She's got to work in the moment. Everyone's going to get a piece of the souvenir arch to take home with them. It really fell apart of that on three things you must see today, and then finally and this I don't believe, and I didn't look at it yet. So here's me. I saw the other ones. A team of scientists. Is this even possible? Could there are we? Ever? They claimed they discovered a new color. Is it possible to have a new color? No, that is you just make more colors. You were a little rich, spoiled brat. You have that really big crayola with the with the sharpener, and it didn't of course you did, Okay, I did not. That's every color, that's not that's every color where it ends. No, no, no, no, no, no, dude. When I was a baby, When I was a baby, you know, there was a Crayola cult flesh. Yeah, yes, look it up. Learn about it. Flesh. And it's like Chili's like, that's not my flesh. So they got rid of it. Of it. It was just called I'm telling you, there was a Crayola cult flesh. So a team of scientists claim to have discovered a new color that no human has ever seen before. I want to see it's so bad. Some three things you must see fast enough. It's called olo O l O, and that's what the scientists have named this new color. I don't hate it. You're about to see something, a color that no one has ever seen before. That's why it's called three things you must see today. And I just think it's the most I think it's the most underrated blog page that we have on the out of all, out of everything, A one pizza gift card is coming your way. CC's Tots and Bacon pizza is back for a limited time with its cheese sauce base topped with crispy tots and tasty bacon. Find it on a buffet at local ccs or order online at ccs dot com. A one pizza gift card is coming your way.
Speaker 9: On No The Show, The rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, We're back. Good morning everybody, rod Ryan Show. Getting ready to wrap this up before a Monday time for Know the Show. For the one's pizza gift card. What's your question? I wanna go way way back. Oh how far back?
Speaker 2: I mean? The first phone call of the day Oh boy, you better have been listen.
Speaker 1: I was just still getting the I was still getting the crust out of the corner of my eyes back then. That's why you gotta know this, that I Hockey was still in there, dig it out. The first phone caller was our good buddy Mundo. Oh yeah, I remember not what did he.
Speaker 2: Get on TV at WrestleMania this weekend in Vegas?
Speaker 1: I like it? Congratulations seven one, three, two and two five nine five. If you know the show, if you heard that first phone call, come get some pizza.
Speaker 3: We are always just a few clicks away.
Speaker 1: Cold doctor up.
Speaker 8: Tell your smart device to play ninety four or five though buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the Buzz three days, Grace and just like you, Rob Ryan Show, getting ready to wrap up this milk Monday. Happy Dingus Day, d y n g Us Day, Alex Dingus Day as well, have a polish thing. I'm wearing a T shirt today, though it's like a Dingus Day T shirt. I don't know. It wasn't really a big thing when I was when I lived there. Apparently it's huge now in Buffalo now. Yeah, it's like a thing. Everybody's drinking of beer today, it's kind of like a Saint Patrick's Day for Polish people. That's cool, and it's just drinking the day after. Like you didn't get enough on Easter. You had to be with your family so you couldn't get wasted now and it was, it was a thing, but it just wasn't as big as it is now. And I think just my generation was just looking for people for waste to party more like that. So I think people take off of work and women chase around dudes with a pussy willow. I know you're giggling. Care do you know what that is? Obviously? Do you know what a pussy willow is that grows in the wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a stocky thing and it's got these little fuzzy little brown thing at the end, little fuzzy leaves, fuzzy, I don't know. And you whip people with it and you drink. I don't google it up. I'm hoping that it comes up on our safe search thing. You see. If I heard allows you the google pussy willow? Okay, I know it's that little cotton things. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, those grow in the wild up there, So it's a it's a big Dingus Day celebration. All right, moving on, we got eighty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms here, Hi's up around eighty one. He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five. La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this Do Do Do Do? Do Do Do?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hello? Hot? Yeah? Hi you on the phone?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: How's it go? Good? What is your name?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 1: Well to the show? Nick? How's your day going?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: So far, so good? How many TVs do you have in your home? Total? TVs? T Nick? You don't want to talk too much to you. You just want to get in and out. You want some pizza?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah for the kids?
Speaker 1: Okay? Nick? Is a firecraft?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Nick? Have adam?
Speaker 2: We had our first phone caller was our good buddy Mundo. He's in Vegas at WrestleMania. What did he do this weekend? What did he get on TV? At WrestleMania?
Speaker 1: You've got this?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 1: Come on? What's aam? But past the gravy flag? That is correct? What that is correct?
Speaker 2: Nick?
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure about you. Now I know you're awesome. So congratulations, Nick, I'm going to give you that one hundred dollars so he's talking. Who are man? Oh? Thank you Nick, Thank you so much. Nick. You got a one hundred dollars pizza gift card. Thank you. That's your I wish you could give you more for ten years, but it's a one hundred dollars gift cards, So thank you. Perfect all right, bro ten bucks a pizza a year, Yes, ten years, Nick, have a great day break you too. Thank you, Nick. That was it. It was all volume making. You got of Nick too. It wasn't the phone wasn't very loud. That's all right. We took care of business over there. Thank you to everybody. Thank you guys for listening and tuning in and hitting us up on the website and getting involved in poll questions. Nick's got two TVs. Twenty one percent of our audience has two TVs. The largest amount of you, sixty one percent have three to five televisions. You were in that number, three to five TVs. Sixteen percent of our audience has six or more. It's zero point nine percent of our audience. Maybe two people voted said they don't have a TV. You said, how I don't believe. Don't you think that there's somebody in an apt that just has some laptop that they watch their stuff on. It's craziness, but it's possible, and clearly somebody's doing it. It's nazy. It wasn't screens, it wasn't computers. Is how many televisions do you have in your home? So again, Nick's got two. That's it. We gotta go. Uh double o seven. Sean Connery done, three time Hall of Famer, beaten by one time in the Hall Paul. Really good game this morning too, and I mean very Monday e for Sean. But Paul came in and kicked, asked two questions to answers. It was a clean game. Wow. If you didn't know, Alice Cooper and Judas Priest are coming to town. We started giving away tickets in homeroom this morning. We'll move those into the seven o'clock hour. I'm excited about this Struts, Dirty Honey Show September twenty fifth. We'll continue giving away tickets to that, more pizza, more alternative income, and maybe the big one this week is those tickets to go see three eleven. We'll have more tickets for three eleven, you get to meet the band and you get qualified for the box seats as the grand prize. We're gonna do that every day this week. Chili will probably put those in fight. The guests probably get those on know the show tomorrow. Okay, that's it, guys, Thank you so much. Big Jeremy Benson is up next. Okay, he's got the non Stop Nooner. He doesn't stop for commercials. Sorry, ccs, he can't get your commercial in there. NonStop Nooner. He just likes to rock for an hour, and then he's got to pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour. He's got all kinds of great tickets for you, so make sure you tune in. And then he's got alternative income coming up in about ten minutes, another chance at one thousand dollars. That's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. We'll try to do better tomorrow. AMF. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.