Speaker 1: Five five fifty five KRC the talk station. Dearly love this album, which is why it's the only fifty five KRC sanction Christmas music A Judge Rereker and I do not want to hear Mariah Carey. Quite often I reflect on the idea that nobody can see Judge Trekers' facial reactions, and quite often I wish you were all able to see what I'm able to see on my little tiny screen with a portion of Judge Trecker's hat in the other room. I still miss the old days Joe and I could look up and through a glass window and see you in the fifty five KRS production booth. But so it goes. Technology has taken over, regardless of weather we had any say in the matter. And a very happy Friday to you. It's a Christmas show day to day. He do it every year and have since my dad was on and Rob Ryder has always been a part of it. And he'll be joining the program coming up in the six o'clock hour. He'll stick around all morning, got other guests on the program. Of course, it's Friday, so we're still going to do Tech Friday. Today. On Tech Friday, were talking TikTok ban. You know, I saw article the other day about was a survey done on what people's perceptions are and whether young people should be allowed on social media, and it was like fifty seven percent or fifty eight percent and said no, people should young people should not be allowed on social media. It's so damaging. And of course there's the idea that the internet is just filled with pornography and and and would be groomers and people of twisted political ideologies trying to win over the hearts and minds of young people who are incapable of, you know, like, for example, testing the proposals and the suggestions for example like Marxism. Oh wow, that sounds like a good idea from each according's ability to each according to his need. Isn't that fair? Isn't that What a wonderful world, What a harmonious world we live in. But you know, a young person hears that and they think it might sound great and idyllic. They fail to appreciate human nature. If you take away someone's incentive to work and tell them that, well, they're gonna have to work and they're never gonna make more than the lazy so and so that's sitting next to them. Then of course there is no longer an incentive work, and the system collapse upon itself. If you're you know, twelve, and someone's trying to win over your hearts and minds about politic things, political won't pick any other political philosophy. You might be twisted and bent into that direction. And then of course there's all the other harms again, like the prevalence of pornography. Do you want your twelve year old to use the poor and it's all over the place on there. So most people say young people shouldn't be allowed on social media, and just thinking of it the context of a TikTok ban, we we have legislation now that bans TikTok. Now, this is primarily for national security reasons, because TikTok is basically a vacuum of all the information out there about us that has exchanged on TikTok. It's also a vehicle for propaganda for people in our country from the Chinese Communist Party, which our government and most people, I think clear thinking people view as well one of the more broader threats to our even existence. You know, they don't have our interest in mind. They are basically our cold modern Cold War enemy. And of course if this was back in the Soviet Union days and the Soviet Union ran TikTok, it never would have made it in the United States in the first place. So we're discussing legislation to ban that completely. But behind all this is the idea that we could voluntarily do this ourselves, you know. I mean, if you're a parent, you have control over whether your children even have a smart device. I don't know a twelve year old that makes enough money to go out and buy a smartphone, even if it's one of those inexpensive ones. I mean, where did kid get the money? Well, Grandma gave it to him for Christmas. Well, you know, you do have the ability to restrict the purchase of that device because people under the age of eighteen are not allowed legally to enter into contracts. So somewhere along the line, by providing that smart device to your kid, even if the kid miraculously has the money to buy one, requires you to be involved. A parent or guardian probably have the co sign I don't know the specifics of it, but I doubt some twelve year old can walk into a Verizon store and sign a contract obligating them to pay a monthly fee and obligating them to buy or purchase the device in the first place. So do we all have free will?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Could we say no to our children having these devices? Yes? Could we prevent them from accessing any platform online? Absolutely? There are software and there's all kinds of ways to do it. Dave Hatter's talked about that a bunch over the years. And of course you can shadow watch them if you are concerned about what content that they're consuming. There are programs that you can install on those children's devices that will allow you to monitor their activity. So it's all in place. You just got to choose to do it. And I know you're the bed. I don't want to be the one telling my child no, oh my child needs all no. If you want to make sure you can reach your child and just make sure they're okay, like, oh my god, what if there's an active shooter situation, get them a little flip phone that's got no access to the bells and whistles, one that they can't play candy crush on or whatever. So there you have your ability to communicate that gives you peace of mind, allows them to contact you in times of crisis, but also it prevents them from hanging out on well, terrible platforms like TikTok.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 1: Apparently the majority of people think the children shouldn't be on it. Anyway, if you follow that category, go ahead and pull the trigger. Do it just like wow, Okay, anyway, we'll see what Dave has to say about that. Got a woman scammed out of twenty thousand dollars by someone who's described as a fake TV anchor, and officials are urging users to use encrypted apps. That's because, again going back to the Chinese Communist Party, they apparently have hacked into all of our collective messaging apps. So you got that going for you as well. Y'all. Remember Rick Green from Spirit Works a God story. He was transformed miraculously in a moment's time from his drug addicted life and his problems with well coping generally speaking, gave all his credit to God. He had a moment of clarity, and that moment of clarity has lasted him now for I guess decades. Well, he has been about, you know, working on a movie and apparently it's now in post production, set to be released in March Rick Green's well kind of life story. I guess Rick's going to return in the Morning Show an uplifting message. He's got. What a great time of year to talk about his story here on the fifty five KCY Morning Show Christmas Special Day. Mike Kisel one of those. He's the half of if You Ever, if You Fare with a Facebook, those German guys. Mike Kaisel is one of those German guys. He's going to join us at AATO five. They got a German Christmas in New Year's events at the more Line Logger House, so special fun and games going on. Mike's gonna let us know all about that. And of course Joe Strekker, being the German he is, I'm sure largely responsible for Mike Eisler getting on the program today. And Bill O'Reilly. We missed the opportunity for Bill be on the program last week when Joe's on vacation, some fill on the blank, so and so non FCC non compliant person change the phones in Joe's studio, sending them off to some other studios. So when Bill attempted to reach us, he didn't. So communication breakdown compliments of some unnamed unknown person here, but Bill decided he will nonetheless return to the program at eight thirty five, and let's keep our fingers crossed it happens, we're gonna get his opinions on what's going on, and I will see what he has to say about the GOP and Democrats shooting down the Plan B stop gap spending measure, as well as other matters political. And then we will also promote his books because they're great books. Say what you want about Bill O'Reilly. The books mostly non political, and they are wonderful reads, historic and just the kind of books you just can't put down. I think I've read every one of the Killing series, and these sources got this book about all the presidents and fun facts, and I will be made. I don't want to disappoint Bill or suggests this is a negative common The most recent book has four or five six pages on each of the presidents, some really wild information about the commanders in chief, from George Washington all the way up through I guess the guy who currently is occupying the White House, Joe Biden, who, if you read the Wall Street Journal article, probably isn't even aware he's President of the United States of America. It's a worthy read, a very long and well researched article. It's making the rounds online right now. Headline and how the White House functioned with a diminished Biden in charge subtitled aids kept meeting short and controlled access. Top advisors acted as go betweens, and public interactions became more scripted. The administration denied Biden has declined, and you know what, I know that the American people now know it, and everybody on left wing media even now has to admit it, saying we're sorry for covering up. We all were aware. And you know, the article points out a lot of these news reporters were admonished for even suggesting Joe Biden Joe Biden had diminished capacity. So they interviewed like fifty people within the administration. See here they say, the account of how the White House function with an aging leader at the top of its organizational chart is based on interviews with nearly fifty people, including those who participated in or had direct knowledge of the operations. And it's quite damning. And you, whether you're a Republican or Democrat anywhere in between, as an American citizen whose life is impacted by everything this government does to us should be quite frankly, I'll say it in the five o'clock hour, pissed off. I mean, you know, considered like Afghanistan, for example, Biden no idea, it wasn't engaged in other people made these decisions on his behalf is one of the boil down conclusion you reach after reading about this. It's insanity and it rks me to no end. And you know, Shoden Freud have finally set in right they were stuck with and pushed Biden to well to run again in spite of the fact that almost from day one, as the article points out, from day one, remember the campaign from the basement. Oh it's COVID, it's COVID. No, not really, it's Joe Biden. Joe who never could go off script. His entire political career was filled with gaffs and misstatements, and of course you know you got these plagiarism comments and allegations. It just got so much worse when he became president. They had, I mean they used to walk him through and give him specific instructions, for example, on where to enter and exit, like when he was gonna go on stage. Remember we've had all these, you know, snippets and video clips of him wandering aimlessly. Well that's because he wandered aimlessly. So they had to sit him down and tell him, Joe, enter here and when you're done, come out over here. This is information that no clear thinking, rational human being would even be need to be to be told. You know, if I'm sitting in a meeting like that and someone says, now, Brian, you need to exit through this dorm, and look at him like, what the hell are you talking about? Do I look like an idiot? Well, in Biden's case, not only could he not say that in response, he had to be told repeatedly and then would screw it up after being told repeatedly which door to exit. Obviously, I'm a bit incensed about the revelations, not that I really couldn't contemplate what was going on behind the scenes, and we've all been joking around about wondering who the string and the puppet masters were for the obviously infirm and getting worse Joe Biden over the course of the past four years. But reading it in all its gory details and just sort of appreciating it fully that we were pretty much a ship without a rudder for the last four years, and there are thirteen American military men service members who are dead along with a bunch of Afghani's dead because of Joe Biden's infirmity and the White Houses and the collective responsibility of every single person in the White House who protected him and hid this information from US five nineteen. Right now, I do I have KCD talk station. Feel free to stick around. Looks like Mississippi James is on the phone. Be happy to take your call. James, just hang on, It'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the new and improved free iHeartRadio app is finally here, just in time for the holidays, and it's everything you love about radio and the palm of your hand.
Speaker 4: The live radio dial presets scan even lyrics.
Speaker 1: Welcome and refreshing change from Joe Biden by twenty two. Right now, If you have KRCD talk station, let us head over to the phones. Mississippi James, thanks for calling this morning, and a very very very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Speaker 5: Good morning, doctor Brian. I'm surprised to hear you this morning. I thought you was going on early vacation.
Speaker 1: No, that would be the This is my last day of the year, so you will not hear my voice for the balance of the year back after the first. So yeah, this is a Christmas I would miss the Christmas Special, you know, it's my you know, I look forward to it every year. We lighten things up a little bit. But uh, I just enjoy the festive nature and get away from sometimes the headier nature of politics. Rob Ryder's coming in. I love that guy. He's just a fantastic human being. And he'll bring his guitar and maybe we'll get some Christmas wishes from some of the listeners. So yeah, last day of the year though, but I appreciate you calling in this morning. How's the weather down there, brother?
Speaker 5: Uh be about sixty degrees?
Speaker 1: Ooh man, okay, we're all jealous.
Speaker 5: Hey speaks speaking of politics. Hey, I'm getting they trying to draw me in all kind of ways down here into politics. Somehow they think I'm a voice or reason. But I keep telling them, don't put your faith in me. You know, I'm just like a leaf on a wind. I blow different ways, I understand, but somehow they keep drawing men. You know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Normally early morning calling.
Speaker 5: But hey, hey, I've been sleeping in after after I get off zoom meet into the day. Very thing as a whoa.
Speaker 6: I don't bargain for it, you know.
Speaker 1: I just like you mentioned, sleeping in, and with me going on vacation next week, that's what I'm going to be doing, James, I will be sleeping in. I love love to be able to sleep in. It's the one thing over the eighteen so years of radio that I love doing. And that's well, sleeping past two thirty when the alarm normally goes off.
Speaker 5: I'm saying Joe will be going.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't know Joe's schedule over the Christmas break. He just took some time off. It's his time to either take off or not. And I think Joe actually likes it during Christmas time and when I'm on off and because there is literally no one around at all, so no one's bothered Joe. He's not, you know, getting people open a studio door and telling me he needs to do things. And so yeah, I think it's a kind of a vacation in and of itself, even though he's actually behind the working.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, well all right now. One thing I asked before that the bill that didn't go through the spending deal, Sir, give me a cliff, noted that, what do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Well, so when Christopher Smith and text me this morning, he said, do you think there's going to be a government shutdown? And it certainly looks like it. And I thought the most interesting thing about this I it wouldn't have minded the passage of that bill. It's only for three months, and it pulled out all of the stuff that the Democrats wanted. James. We went from a fifteen hundred plus page bill that no one had the opportunity to read to a one hundred and sixteen page bill that they voted on yesterday. It got shot down in flames. Now you do the math on that, man, A one hundred and sixteen page bill would have kept the government functioning and open until March, which was the deadline for the one fifteen hundred page bill. So clearly a lot of stuff got pulled out, including the pay raises for people who didn't do their damn job. And that's what's got me really burned. They failed to agree on the twelve Appropriations bill, even though that was a core function of their job. Every elected official in Washington. They had an entire year to do it same way every single year. What do they give us? A last minute, fifteen hundred plus page bill filled with all kinds of pork and stuff and things and a pay raise last minute because they failed to do their job. So you know, you want to blame anybody for government shutdown, Democrats want to point the Republicans, and Republicans pointed Democrats. I'm pointing at all of them. All of them failed.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: So there you have it, Brother James, Merry Christmas to you and yours. Look forward to hearing from you in the new year. Keep my fingers crossed from that. I enjoy our conversations. It's five twenty seven right now, five three seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk pound five fifty on at and T phonds be.
Speaker 7: Right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: Dive into the.
Speaker 1: Join the Vincecaraldi trio. I hope you do as well. Five seifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk. Remember you go to fifty five carc dot com. You try herp mediapp wire there so you can stream the audio wherever you happen to have your smart device not in the hands of a child. Hopefully I had Jay Ratlifonyes say, I love that guy. Carolyn Topman with her book Your Roots, cast a Shadow UH the Disabled American Veterans Patriot Bootcamp for veterans and veterans spouses who are interested in starting their own businesses a lot of guidance. They'll provide boot camp starts in February. Details there fifty five kr sea dot com and an amazing UH five on one three CE charitable foundation, Hearts for Seniors Foundation. What they want to do is get this modern technology into the senior care facilities because there are so many seniors that are living in misery because well, they don't get there selling them. They're left in to wallow in their own filth, and despite rules that are in place, are just too many people out there and the conditions get really bad. They've got this amazing, amazing technology that works, and you should learn about it and even do what I did. I made a contribution in my father's name to this organization because my father was in a facility for dementia patients and you could see exactly even though he was reasonably well taken care of, Mostly because my mom sat by his side every single day. There were times when you could see the faults and the failures in the system. And that's exactly what Herts for Seniors Foundation is trying to correct. And it is an easy thing to correct with modern technology. So please check that out. Without further DEO, let's see what Carrol's got to say. Carol, Merry Christmas to you. Thanks for calling in this morning.
Speaker 9: Well, Merry Christmas to you too. I just want to say how much I enjoy listening to your show, and if I could, I would like to bring up memories.
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, Okay, Well I used to listen to your dad too, and we sat there and I can remember the one Christmas thing we sang. There's one song, and you reminded me of it.
Speaker 9: This morning when you said Merry Christmas to someone. Have a marry marry, marry, merry Christmas. Yeah, have a happy holiday, put yourself into a glow underneath the mistletoe, have a Christmas in the good old session which I won't go up.
Speaker 1: I remember that song absolutely and stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Also, I remember coming home from school for lunch, my mom would have Ruth Lions on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 9: She would alway sing we'd be there right in time, stay here, so you know how many every day, like today it would be five more days till Christmas?
Speaker 11: Five more days still Christmas right time?
Speaker 1: Taking me back even I remember some of that stuff, Carol, And yeah, I as I tell everyone who tells me that they listen to my dad, thank you for putting me through college. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. My dad obviously had a good, successful career here in the Greater Cincinnati area, had opportunities to leave over the years, with offers in different cities, and he just turned them down. He always loved Greater Cincinnati area. It was his home and he was embraced by the community, and there was no reason for him to ever want to leave. So you're listening to my father and everybody else who did over the years again helped put me through college. And so I truly truly appreciate that support. And I appreciate that my dad never had to leave Cincinnati and that he loved it so much, because I feel the same way. And I did leave the city for eight years in practice slaw in Chicago, and the best decision that I think I ever made, beyond marrying my wife was moving back Cincinnati. Five thirty five, fifty five KRZY talk station. But Sai Yeah Man New Hampshire, Grey on the line. You can feel free to call into share your Christmas memories, draw the you know, steer the direction of the conversation. It's a light day in spite of the fact that the craziness in the world is still going on. Sometimes you don't have to talk about it, but we can if necessary. It's five thirty five right now, I'll be right back. Fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 2: You've never been.
Speaker 12: Here.
Speaker 1: It is your chamneline. With a forecast. We're gonna have a wintery mix beginning around seven and say we get some light accumulation, that wintery mix can continue throughout the day or not. Thirty four for the high overnight little twenty five, slick spots on the roads. Watch out for thirty two to the high tomorrow with sunny skies. Overnight little of eighteen with two fives and a thirty three high under sunny sky Sunday, thirty six right now, fifty five KHSCY talk station. First traffic hunt.
Speaker 13: From the UCL Trimphing Center for Unmatched Cancer Care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three, five eighty five Beam Highways from doing just fine this morning, no accidents to deal with, and you have all lanes back now northbound four seventy one coming into downtown. They opened up the wet lane by a tonight. Chuck Ing from on fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five thirty nine, the fifty five kr cit DE talk station got a Facebook instant message from Jeff. He said he wants to be a Fisherman. I said, hey, man, it's Christmas on the fifty five KRS morning show, so we won't be hearing for Primus at five point forty. But Joe Jill wants to remind everybody that if you want, if you need to hear your get your fix with John the Fisherman. It's easily available online. And I've been mentioning it to the completion of my eighteenth year in radio doing the math on that, and Joe said his anniversary was the seventeenth of this month. He's finishing up or actually going into his twenty eighth year, so twenty seven years working here currently for iHeartMedia and the multitude of its predecessor corporate formations and entities. So do you go back to TAFF broadcasting days, Joe now Ja Core in the middle of Jay cor when you were hired anyway, without further ado in the order in which they were received on the telephone screen, but saye Jim, welcome back, my friend, and Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 6: Shame you, BT.
Speaker 14: I figured i'd call you early. I've got an event this morning and I'm great. I'm not gonna be able to listen to you, sorry after about six thirty, So I was just going to say to you and Joe, Merry Christmas. I did send you some pictures you probably haven't seen yet a few minutes ago. We got all dressed up yesterday Brian I bowed myself in aup of his friends and drove around to some hair salons and just waved at the ladies and gave out some candy canes to him and just a little Christmas cheer.
Speaker 1: Look at you, guys, I'm looking at the pictures right now. Man, you really you really did a number on the clothing that grin shout, who's the one in the Grinch outfit?
Speaker 14: He's actually a teacher at West High he teaches English, and the other gentleman with that little elf costume, he's the brother.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 14: So then you got Brian iboll A Clark Griswold, there's a squirrel in his back.
Speaker 6: And then I'm the one with the big head.
Speaker 1: I know, yes, of course I can see you.
Speaker 14: So anyway, we had a good time, rode around for a few hours, and they had to deliver some of the packages for the help squad and so forth.
Speaker 6: So I'll see him in about an hour or two.
Speaker 14: So this eventive Western Ools Country Club is is a yearly event that's for Petelly United, So it's gonna be a good time. But I just wanted to wish you guys on Merry Christmas. I know you're going to be also enjoy your time. Often keep those eyelids closed until about nine thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh you know that's going to happen, my friend. I truly appreciate it, and Merry Christmas to you. I certainly appreciate our friendship and always enjoy hearing from you West Side Jim, and I appreciate what you do over on the West Side in terms of politics and your engagement and trying to keep people on the right path. So you are well worthy of a very merry Christmas and happy New Year. And I hope to hear from you regularly throughout the calendar year next year, and of course hope to run into you at every listener lunch. You're able to make. God bless you. Jim appreciate it, Man new Amster, Gary, welcome back, my friend you to hear from you today, Marry Christmas.
Speaker 6: Just wanted to show my appreciation for you. Yesterday you said you had at least three more years on your contract, and might I say I've been listening to you for about twenty four years. Would be with your dad. I started off with your.
Speaker 2: Dad and.
Speaker 6: Your I hear your father and you all the time. That is a compliment big time.
Speaker 1: Oh I took it as such. Trust me. I still suggest that the shoes that my father left beneath the production board of the board here, I have never ever been filled like. I could never match the talent my father displayed on the Morning show over the years. But thank you very much for that. That is to me, that's the highest praise I can get.
Speaker 6: And I also appreciate Joe very much because he's been around, and I actually met Joe back when I went to your listener lunch back when I was stationed in Cincinnati for oh gosh, it had at least fifteen years ago. And it's just a pleasure. It's almost like you guys are my family and a Mary Chris listen to us all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you very much in New Hampshire. Gary, I feel the same way about you in terms of the family. My entire listening audience is my family. Even though there are a lot of days during the week where I feel like I am a lone voice in the wilderness. Sometimes I just feel like I'm talking to myself, which is why Offen suggests I'd rather talk to you than hear the side of my own voice. But what I go out and about and I hear comments from folks who say they listen, I never call them, but I'm out here listening, it really warms my heart. But I do have the best listening audience in radio, there is no question about that. And I appreciate every one of you keeping me on my toes and reminding me that nobody knows everything call me up with comments and fun facts and information. I'm like, Wow, I did not know that. Wow, I do not know the answer to that question.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to look into that. That keeps me sharper and keeps me learning and hopefully it helps me do a better job here on the fifty five Cars Morning Show. Thank you very much, Merry Christmas five forty five. Right now fifty five Krsity Talk station. Word for QC Kinetics. You don't have to live twenty twenty five in pain, arthritis pain. I speaking of my father, I remember when he could not wait to get his knee and hip replacements in so much pain. Now you know it may have been necessary and absolutely was I don't know, but he didn't have the ability to even try QC kinetics. So you know, it's a free consultation to find out these natural regenerative therapies can help you out get over that hip pain, that knee pain, that joint pain, the arthritis pain. QC Kinetics, the nation's leader in these regenitive medicine therapies, can revitalize your joints with advanced orthobiologic treatments. The QC kinetics like PRP to attack the pain from arthritis using your body's natural healing agents which they concentrate and apply to the areas that are affected in the office with no down time. And I love the idea of no downtime because you're getting ready to go under the knife, you know you're gonna have some downtime. So one thousands and tens of thousands of people with pain well are not living with pain thanks to these cellular treatments from QC Kinetics. So try living your life again. Give them a call. Schedule D free fr ee free consultation five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine, five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time for QC Kinetics. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station shive.
Speaker 6: Into the.
Speaker 1: Five fifty. Would someone move chat away from the fire please? Some people get that my dad is smiling. Yes, Joe, I agree with you from above. Total approval with that line five one three, seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred two three Talk five fift fifty on AT and T phone. It is Christmas on the fifty five KC Morning Show. Last day of the year for me celebrating Christmas, but of course still continuing with some of the normal things we do, like Tech Friday. Coming up at six thirty, we're gonna have Rick Green with an inspirational message. His life story will be depicted in film. It's supposed to be released in March. We'll talk about that with Rick. At seven oh five. Mike Kisel, one of the those German guys if you are familiar with those German guys on Facebook's got a German Christmas in New Year's Events celebration at Moreline Loggerhouse. He's going to tell us all about it. Eight oh five and return of Bill O'Reilly with some commentary on politics, maybe shooting down to the continuing resolution, and of course promoting his book which are worthy of promotion. Christmas time is getting close by. It's not too late to get a copy of his book. Anybody you give it to will love it. Seventy I got to the status dup, but a hero of mine and maybe a whole lot more people. Now we got a seventeen year old retiree and this was in the stack of stupid previously who used his nine millimeter handgun to shoot down all the Walmart delivery drone that was hovering near his home in Florida, has entered a plea deal which could result in the eventual dismissal of the felony and misdemeanor counts that have been filed against him. Dennis Winn entered a Pretrial Inventor, an intervention program offered by prosecutors that, upon successful completion, result in the charges being dropped. The program, similar to probation, is offered defendants with no significant criminal history. A contract signed by Win. This PTI contract and prosecutors, defendant admitted his guilt and agreed to perform twenty five hours of community service at the conclusion of this PTI program, which could be as short as ninety days. Quote. State will not object to return of defendant's firearm in evidence close quote, So he's going to get his gun back as well. During the court conference, Winn was ordered to immediately pay five thousand dollars in restitution to Drone Up Delivery, a Virginia firm and Walmart partner that owned the drone that he shot with a single bullet from his sig South pistol props on the pistol choice. He charged with criminal information with discharging a firearm in public misdemeanor, excuse me and excuse me, criminal mischieff third degree fellony sent damage to the drone's payload system exceeded one thousand dollars. Former New Jersey fire captain arrested in late June and his home in Claremont, Orlando, a suburb after Drone Up employees told police their drone was fired upon when it flew over a residential area. Two man Drone Up team was in the neighborhood conducting mock deliveries to attract business interest in the new Walmart program. Drone had been flying at a height of two hundred and thirty feet before dropping down to seventy five street feet to demonstrate the deployment cable which a Walmart package would ultimately be attached to. When told investigators he was working on his pool equipment when he heard the drone whirling around in his front yard. After trying to show it off, he said, he pulled out his firearm from a gun safe and then shot. He said, Now they say I hit it, so I must be a good shot. Amen to that a moving target. It's seventy five feet well done. According to police body cam recording that captured Winds confession, Yes, I shot at it, and a query how much trouble am I? In claiming he was unaware of the drone was part of the Walmart fleet. He explained that he had passed experiences with drones flying over his house and believed that they were surveilling him. He didn't further explain why he thought his home on a quiet cult a sect was a target for aerial monitoring. But does it really matter? When the drone up workers heard gunfire, they said they saw Winn holding a handgun towards the sky ran back to the van while the drone returned to the Walmart supercenter about four miles away. Don't do it just saying okay. Twenty nine year old woman killed us sixty six year old man with gardening tools after knocking on the door of his Harrisbot, Huntburg home asking for help after she claims she was hit by a car. What police sent her the area of North sixth Street and win Esca, Wisconsio. Whatever about five you don't care? Wednesday, after receiving reports of a naked woman running around the neighborhood, What officers made contact with Chajia Greer of Harrisburg who was naked and covered in blood. Corner to the affidavit and probable Cause, gir told police she attacked and killed a man inside an apartment on North six while knocking on doors for help after she said she'd been hit by a car. Investigators went into the apartment found sixty six year old Michael Thompson lying face down in his living room floor, covered with blood. Blood found throughout the first floor of the apartment. Thompson pronounced dead of the scene from multiple stab wounds. Of the body's death ruled a homicide. Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Zewhiski told the local news the motive is still unclear under investigation, but that the killing appeared to be a random attack. He said Greer used gardening tools made for trimming shrubs and tree limbs to stab Thompson repeatedly. Greer, taking a Harrisburg hospital, received treatment from minor injuries she said were the result of being hit by a car. After getting treatment, she confirmed she was involved in the scuffle in Thompson's apartment before she left through the front door. She also said Thompson was home alone when she knocked on the door five fifty six fifty five kr see the question no answer to the question why sometimes that happens? Plenty to talk about the six stock hour between six and six thirty. Then of course Tech Friday beginning with a TikTok band which you can implement yourself right now. Just deleted from your system of breakback freshing pla your country for reasonable American fifty five krc D talkstation.
Speaker 2: Get it you go.
Speaker 15: Oh, you better watch out, You better not cry, better not poud.
Speaker 16: I'm telling you what. Santa Claus has come in to town. He's making a list, checking it twice, going to find out who's naughty on nice. Santa Claus is coming to.
Speaker 1: Time, continuing a fifty bock Kersey morning show tradition has been going on for I think longer than I've been on radio, Rob Rider, It is always such a pleasure to have you in studio to celebrate Christmas. Final day of work for me this year, and of course a little earlier than we normally do the Christmas Special, but hey, as long as we do it, and as long as you're around, it's a Christmas Special and it wouldn't be one without you. Good to see it, man.
Speaker 15: Good to see a partner.
Speaker 17: It is.
Speaker 16: It is so nice to get the call from Joe and saying will you be available on the twenty first or whatever date.
Speaker 1: It is for me to be able to say not only right, but damn right. Oh that's great. Yes, you know, like I said, it just wouldn't be the same without you. Man, So thank you very much for getting up a little bit of up. Maybe you get up early. I don't know, maybe this is a normal time to get up in your world.
Speaker 16: No no. I set my alarm for four fifteen and woke up at three wow, and I said, I'm just going to get up now and have some coffee. And my daughter from Indonesia, who has been living in Indonesia for the past five years or so or six years, is in town and she's staying with us, and she was already up because her body clocks all straight up.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 16: But so we sat for a while and chatted, and then I showered and gathered my stuff, made a stop at the at the sugar factory, and came in. And you're telling me that you're not going to eat any of the shed I can't. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And Lord, you have no idea how much I want to reach across the table and grab one of those pastries you brought in.
Speaker 15: But well, now you've got me embarrassed.
Speaker 16: You've got me, You've got You've guilted me, you become a Baptist all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: I just it's the you know, I'm doing my best again to keep that sugar out of my diet. And you know, half of it was to lose weight for my wife, and the other half was because there's been a lot of research and studies about how depriving your body of sugar can go a long way to help kill cancer.
Speaker 6: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if it works with lymphoma, but I know it works with other types of cancer. And everybody could do with less sugar in their target. Just the worst possible time of year.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 16: Yeah, my oldest son, Romie, is a Type one diabetic, so he has to keep his eye on things and he has It's it's almost like the sugar lobby in Washington, d C. Has really applied some pressure to really damage the American public.
Speaker 1: I agree completely, and my listeners know who regularly listen to me, that's one of the reasons why I'm actually excited about RFK Junior's role in the upcoming administration. I think the guys alone on a lot of man but if to the extent he brings awareness to good nutrition to the American people at large, and to the extent he can have some impact on depriving the sugar lobby of it's a massive influence. I think it's going to be a good thing for everybody around, you know, and that the chemicals and the additives they put in foods, and I've just become kind of convinced that that may be in large part response, well, we have crappy diets. How is it over the past twenty years America has become a third to forty percent obese.
Speaker 16: I looked at some pictures of old pictures in Cincinnati on Facebook. Yeah, and I looked at a shot of Fountain Square from the nineteen seventies. I didn't see but about two or three the big cover shot two or three fat people in there.
Speaker 15: And now.
Speaker 16: I forgive me for saying so no, but I get on board a jetliner to goe or wherever, and the number of seat belt extensions is really sad.
Speaker 1: Well, I they call me ten ton Thomas. When I was in elementary school, Nah, I was a fat kid. Yeah, and I and I see pictures from when I was a kid, No one would notice me these days. I just absolutely would be the normal sized kid today. When I was the fat kid when I was in elementary school, I got a lot of heat. I mean, I know what it's like to be, you know, fat shamed as it were. Wow, I'm glad you survived it well. You know, puberty and swimming for the Marlins tends to do a lot for Yeah, getting out of that baby fat stage. And I did not have a healthy diet when I was a kid. Marry freaking Christmas. Merry freaking Christmas to you two, and congratulations to the listeners who may not be aware, and I'm sure they already are aware. In addition to your storied career in entertainment the greater Cincinnati area, you've been doing air shows for You were doing air shows you just recently retired. You were the leading air show announcer in the country. They called you and you would fly all over the country and do these air show announcing. You knew everything. You knew all of the Blue Angels, pilots and the thunderbirds guys, and you knew about all the aircraft and such a wonderful job announcing thank you you just retired, and you mentioned your daughter that flew in from Indonesia to visit you. You had a special award given to you. You are now a member and were inducted into the Air Force Airshow Hall of Fame.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and that was just about. It was a week ago last night it took place.
Speaker 16: And unbeknownst to me, Gille and if Jill and I went out there for the just for the tail end of the convention to do the banquet, because I knew the induction was coming. And at about eleven forty Thursday morning, a week ago and a day ago, I get a call from my son saying, there is a gift for you. You need to sign for it at the reception area near where they have the check in kiosks. So I'll be there in five minutes. I walk in there and all of a sudden, all my kids and spouses and grandkids, twelve people showed up.
Speaker 1: They were all there and for context those and I asked him, I said, was it one of those allergy inspiring moments? And of course yes, it was because, in addition to his relatives or family from the Greater Chicago area, your daughter from Indonesia actually flew in for that event.
Speaker 15: Yes, and she's still here with us.
Speaker 16: She's staying with us for a few days before she heads on back to back to Indonesia. But oh my goodness, it's good to have her and her body clocks all messed up. So I woke up at three and she was already.
Speaker 1: Well, if she's listening, good morning, and merry Christmas to you, Beth.
Speaker 15: There you are, she is listening as a matter of Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, Beth can merry Christmas, Beth. And obviously you you really made an impact on the old man flying in from Indonesia for the air Show award. But congratulations on yourroduction to the Hall of Fame. But obviously well worth it. I'm surprised you weren't already in it.
Speaker 16: Well, it's I don't care how it happened, but the fact that it did happen. I don't care how it happened, but it did. To hear him, I missed it.
Speaker 1: He said they must hand those things out like candy. He could really bust eggs as it were.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm in the Hall of Fame with people like Bob Hoover, who is the most beloved aviator of our time, who passed away a few years ago, but he is, and other air show luminaries, and I'm just honored to be part of it. And now that I'm retired, I can pay more attention to the audio books and.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and to the extent you're not aware of, Rob makes a very nice living doing audio books recording him And I asked him when he came in because Peter Bronson brought you up when he was in the studio. I spent a whole hour with Peter here in studio talking about a variety of different things. And I love that guy. He is so story amazing and brilliant and knowledgeable about so many different topics. And so he an hour talking books and we you know, on air and off air, I found out he belongs to the same gun club I blante. So we're going to didn't know he was a shooter. Yeah, oh my god, not as much as me apparently, but you know, we all we're going to make an appointment to meet up there someday. But anyway, he's got the new book out and he mentioned that you had done the audio work for The Man Who Saves Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's we're waiting on the artwork for that. Once that's in, it'll go in through quality control and it'll show up on Audible. I've already done the one for him on the Beverly Hill Supper Club. But Forbidden Fruit.
Speaker 1: He love that book.
Speaker 15: What an incredible story.
Speaker 12: And his.
Speaker 15: Peter Bronson's non fiction often.
Speaker 16: Reads a little bit like fiction because he puts characters out oh yeah, and gives them dialogue based on in the case of The Man Who Saved Cincinnati, based on diaries and articles written. And so I still had to come up with about thirteen characterizations for that book, like it was a novel.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: And you know the other component of that is and there's so many names in there that had, you know, have a familiar ring to them. I remember the bar Sleepout Louise, and I never knew that that was a real guy sleep Out Louis. Yeah, I mean, oh, I didn't know until he wrote the book and I read it was like, that's the actual person. He was a mobster, hitman or thug or something along those lines. I can't remember specifically, but he was involved.
Speaker 8: With a mob.
Speaker 16: Being here in this area and so close to Newport, we tend not to realize how critical Newport was in the development of Las Vegas because of Mode Dalits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this and the Cleveland for yes, that's Chicago mob too. It's just the whole thing. I mean that northern Kentucky was the epicenter of vice and crime and corruption and gambling and prostitution and uh so, anyhow, well.
Speaker 16: Mo Dallits said, everything he learned about putting together Vegas and establishing that he learned in Newport, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you know how you know that because you read Peter Bronson's book for Exact City. Get a copy of it, folks, and the new one that just came out, and a plug for Peter Bronson. It's a worthy plug because you're gonna lover read the book and I guarantee you that Rob will be doing the voice work on it. And Peter Bronson's out there listening, going, wait a second, I hired somebody else. No, you didn't, Peter promise Land how the Midwest was won. You can get that at Chilidogpress dot com. That's Peter Bronson's publishing company, and if you have a book you're interested in having published, call Peter up or get in touch with them through chilidog press dot com. Pause right now at six sixteen more with Rob Ryder. Your phone calls are welcome, folks. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three. First a word for you got a holiday gift you haven't gotten yet. I got a place to go my favorite gun store and indoor shooting range twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason eleven, and that's where I got my Christmas gift this year. I'm gonna give my wife credit cause of course we both have salaries and we both you know, buy things throughout the year. But paulat kept asking me what I wanted for Christmas this year, and I kept saying I don't need anything. I don't need anything. So after the third time she has, I said, Okay, I want a forty five seventy lever action Marlin. She's like, what, I guess You've got their own Christmas gift for themselves. Thanks to Wendy at twenty two three for scoring that for me. It only took two days for her to get it. But They've got a huge selection of firearms. They have handguns, long guns, they have ammunition. They have an indoor range which is superior to all safe, very safe because of the range. Safety officers keep people in mind their p's and q's so you can focus on why you're there. They have a class gift cards. You get somebody a gift card from twenty two three. They can apply it to a classroom training for beginners all the way through pro shooters. They've got levels all across the board there, or just to use for range time or some of the accessories, or put it toward firearms. It's twenty two three again online. I'm sorry. I'm around forty two between Mason eleven, Til, Wendy and Jeff, the owners that Brian said hi when you go there, and the rest of the staff is wonderful. Oh and they also have a gunsmith there. It's twenty two three dot com. The number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 7: I think at home kolenoscopy tests are enough.
Speaker 12: Think you.
Speaker 16: And dashing through the snow in a one horse open slade or the fieldry goal, laughing all the way, bells on my fielding making spirits bright.
Speaker 15: What fun it is to ride and sing a slaying song to night?
Speaker 16: Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.
Speaker 15: Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open slave. Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.
Speaker 16: Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one horse soapen slave.
Speaker 1: Well done, Rob Rider in studio with his guitar, celebrating Christmas here on the fifty five Cars Morning Show. We're still gonna do tech part of it. Had her the next segment. But before that, let's get John's telephone. Call John, and Merry Christmas to you. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 6: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 18: Just want to rob the old people you old street, Castleford Lane.
Speaker 15: Hey, Hi to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks John, very very much. What are thirty years we were in that house on Castleford Lane?
Speaker 2: That's all John?
Speaker 18: Yeah, we came in I guess late before your first wife passed and I can't some of your daughter's baby asat for us a few times.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, wow John, thank you man. Oh I know who you are.
Speaker 1: Hi John, Now I got it together finally. Thanks for calling in Merry Christmas, Bud, Merry Christmas. Thanks for sharing the memories. I can see like Rob's face just just lit up the moment you realized he was talking.
Speaker 15: To the baby sitting there. Finally made the connection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, some babysitting. Huh yeah, good way to earns some money when you're a young lady. He yea, and my daughter did some babysitting as well.
Speaker 16: Anyhow, there's still babysitting for somebody. Will always be babysitting for somebody, even if it's at a distance.
Speaker 1: Well I'm not you're not yet. Well no, actually the dog, my daughter and Eric's dog, well, and my daughter got engaged. I don't know if you heard me say that. I did hear that Lauren and Eric were so I had a great Christmas gift that was yeah, maybe be honest with you really really really made my paul out in my day to finally you know, someone had asked me and I mentioned this on the air the other day. I think it was someone from doctor Peck's clinic, because I was gonna get my my by teeth cleaning and talking about it. Uh and uh, And she said, well did he ask permission? And I started cracking up. I said, he didn't ask permission. I said, I've been busting his eggs for the past year about what's taken him so long. Eric, we're talking about it. We've been talking about it, like so, yeah, finally the day, the day finally came. So they haven't got a date set yet, that's okay. We're just happy that the formalities are in place, and we're very impressed. As I like to say, it's like he's the perfect ying to her yang or yang to her yang kind of thing. Boys great when it can with that balance. So I think they relatively keep each other in check. At least it appears that way. At least we're starting off on an optimistic level because I got a lot of friends who are not happy with the choice of their children and who they married. So you know, he's got that going for us, which is nice. Also nice coming up Tech Friday, but day've had it. We'll talk about why you should get the hell off of TikTok. No the ban on TikTok because people won't do the right thing. We need a law, or so they say. So, Dave've had it with tech Friday coming up next. After I mentioned plum Tight Plumbing, which is always plumbing done right. Merry Christmas to my friends. Are plumb Tight for taking care a great care, I might add for all of my care listeners. Plumb Type Plumbing probably serving the greater Cincinnati area including north of Kentucky all the way up to date, and you can give them a call their missions to provide you with a truly exceptional plumbing experience. They deliver the highest quality products, services and customer relations in the industry at affordable prices, which is why they have earned an A plus and accredited with the Better Business Bureau and have had that for a long long time. So call the folks at Plumb Type Plumbing for any size plumbing project and of course even emergency service. They do twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency services. Online you'll find them at Plumtight t t E Plumtight dot com. The numbers five one three, seven two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven two seven tight fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 16: Had a very shiny notes and if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows. All of the other reindeer. You still haven't call him names. They never let poor Rude off joining any reindeer game.
Speaker 1: Six thirty fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Of course, the Wonderful Sounds of Rob Ryder for Christmas special here on the fifty five CARC Morning Show, Robin his guitar and answering the question, no, he does not know any Rush tunes. Welcome back, Dave Hatter, tech briber, and he brought to you by intrust It Final one lend at interest it dot com because if you own a business, I'm pretty confident you've got computers. And if you have computers, well, it could be a nightmare for you. And that's what Dave's around for to keep you out of those pitfalls. Welcome back, Dave Hatter, Hey.
Speaker 8: Brian, always good to be here. Can Rob do a little Juice Priest Force or maybe some Iron Maiden?
Speaker 1: Iron Maiden Joe asked specifically if he could do some Maiden, and he doesn't know any Maiden tunes. And I feel in Rush because you and I both are huge Rush fans.
Speaker 16: I will tell you guys that in air shows there are certain songs by like ac DC and Ozzie Osbourne, and some of that get played over and over again and That's one of the one of the benefits of not announcing ear shows that I do not have to listen to Crazy Train or Welcome to the Jungle, you know, things like that.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah, I've never ever been a fan of guns n' Roses, but oh yes, I've been listening to the Crazy Training my entire life, and I've never gotten sick and tired of hearing that song. I think the guitar riff on that is absolutely fantastic. Randy Rhoads rest in peace, all right, Dave Hatter TikTok. We have the opportunity on our own to not use TikTok. Dave, You've been telling us that for years and years and years. Don't use it. It's a Chinese Communist party vacuuming up of information and steering people in various political directions. Don't use it. It's bad. But here we are. We need legislation because people are incapable of making the right decisions on their own.
Speaker 8: The second part of what you said there, Brian, I think is the most significant piece. Yes, they're sucking up enormous amounts of information. Talked about this extensively. I encourage folks go to the Apple Store and Apple App Store rather and look at the privacy label for TikTok. It's rather shocking. But here's the key thing. I think again, it's the persuasion piece, it's the propaganda piece. It's the fact that they can control the narrative. And I want to remind folks too, these things are not you know, they're connected to each other. I found an article the other day which I had somehow missed in the past in the Hill. This is from January of twenty one. For Chinese firms, theft of your data is now illegal requirement because you know, the TikTok thing is coming to a head. But this is Tamu. It's really all of these apps. And when you read through this article, it points out that the National Intelligence Law of twenty seventeen, the Data Security Leave of twenty twenty, and the Cryptology Love of twenty twenty compel Chinese business and citizens, through basically anything in China to turn over anything the Chinese government asks for at any time.
Speaker 1: So again, you are a company out of China, you must cooperate with the government and give them literally everything you've got top to bottom, including any data that you've vacuumed up from the Americans or anybody else you got access too.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so this I just wanted to point out for people who might question is here's where it's cited. You can look into it for yourself and see for yourself, and I'll post this in all my links and so forth. But the privacy and the data hoovering is important, but I think it's less significant of the propaganda piece. You and I have been on the TikTok war path for a long time. You know, I've been trying to raise the alarm on this and really any of these Chinese apps because again, subject to these laws, they have to turn over anything they collect, and in most cases their data collection is very aggressive. This data can then be turned around for the propaganda piece. Right, So, the TikTok thing is coming to a head. I know it's gone to the Supreme Court. I don't believe they've heard the case yet. Theoretically, as of January nineteenth, TikTok will be banned in the United.
Speaker 1: States, no kidding.
Speaker 8: Ah, Yes, And I'm i gotta tell you, Rob. While I'm generally against this sort of thing, not because of the data collection, but because of the persuasive power of the propaganda piece, the fact that they control the narrative. I'm in favor of banning it. So I know, well, President elect Trump is all over the map on this. He was a fort he was against cities four. I don't you know, I don't know where this is going, but I hope it happens.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I compared it earlier. If the Soviet Union was still around and we treated the Chinese like we treated the Soviet Union, TikTok never would have even been in our country period. And a story, you know, the idea that a foreign entity that is an enemy of us and it is seeking to undermine us. Every single day we are engaged in a form of cold war or warfare with them. It just doesn't happen to involve bullets. You know, this is a this is a warfare tool, propaganda, And you know, I know that I sound like a crazy tinfoil had guy with my conspiracy theory, but I'm thoroughly convinced and said a lot of the division that has been brought about in this country over the past decade or more has been stirred up and fomented by the Chinese Communist Party because they want us divided as a society. They do not want a unified Gee, God bless America. Look at the flag proudly waving and stand beneath it, loving your freedoms and liberties. They don't. That's terrible for them, and I don't. And they use every vehicle they can to undermine that. TikTok just happened to be one component in a much broader scheme. Look how much they've invaded our infrastructure online through the routers and through these various softwares like volt typhoon and salt typhoon and the other ones that we've discovered. Oh look what's lurking on our systems. That's them waging war. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 8: They are definitely a significant adversary. We're just in a non kinetic war cold war. Like you said, You know, you can look at any three letter of government agency. They're warning about infiltration in the in the infrastructure. You know, they're tonia spite in the past, them trying to kill off into end encryption, which I know we're going to get to here in a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's line. Let's do that one next.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you need it. Because of all this infiltration, and then here you are, like to your point, Brian, imagined during the Cold War or during World War Two, where we have allowed Nazi radios that could listen to you and broadcast Nazi propaganda or Soviet propaganda. Yeah, no, of course, of course you wouldn't. And then on top of it all, we're generating billions in revenue for their government through these companies, whether it's taxes or whatever. It's it's just totally insane. And the sooner people realize that, you know, we need to stop supporting our adversaries and support our own country, our own tech, our own employers will be a lot better off.
Speaker 1: Amen, Brother six thirty seventy five kc DE talk station. Get in touch with Colin Electric. Andrew Collins been running the ship since nineteen ninety nine, family owner operated business, and they do wonderful electric work, as witnessed by me and so many other one listeners who've relied on my advice and called Colin Electric aplus the better business via big and small, all projects and everything in between. They do it right. Certified license electricians, well well machine they are. I'm really impressed by the work that they did in my house. It's always chuckle when I think about looking back on the can light installation project. That was done quickly, and they did a lot of them. But if you want those done great. You want your surround sounds, specially lighting for your theater room or or your your man cave or she cave or whatever they call it these days. You want a electra electra controlled led lighting, that kind of stuff. Upgrading your wiring in your home, like from the old aluminium nob and tube. They're the company to call, so do so five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Online you find them at cull and c l E and Coulen Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 7: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 8: I'm Congressman.
Speaker 16: Well they have chrismas my true love gave to me. Ready for the countdown?
Speaker 1: Do it quickly?
Speaker 16: Twelve drummers drumming, eleven lords and leap in, ten pipers piping, nine ladies waiting, eight made, smoking, seven songs, swimming, sixty.
Speaker 15: Five golden rings, four calling, three French hence, two turtle doves and a partridge and up pair. Fifty five krs.
Speaker 6: Scene.
Speaker 1: There I go, Rob Ryder and study with the guitar. And that's probably the only time I've ever heard a version of that song that I that actually was okay with me. I detest that Christmas song.
Speaker 2: Oh it's well.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 16: That's why I gave you a little heads up before we started it, because you have let me know in the past that you do not care without hesitating the repetitive nature of such a.
Speaker 12: Song like that.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and in fact, if you know, if you do, you know the South Park version of that song? Okay, wyant you look into that one by was it Timmy? I know it was Jimmy, right, Joe jim Jimmy the kid with a stutter? Yeah. And back to Tech Friday, Dave had or that spot you got it moving. We're gonna do it out of order. Since you were talking, you mentioned in crip apps, So let's take the encrypted apps. Will end on the woman who got scammed in the next segment.
Speaker 8: Okay, so encrypted apps. I'm going to the Cybersecurity Infrastructure and Security Agency just put out a new publication on December eighteenth, Mobile Communications Best Practices Guidance. I'm reading to you from this a website SCISS as part of DHS. This guidance was crafted in response to identified cyber espionage activity by the People's Republic of China government off the leaded threat actors targeting commercial telecommunications and structure infrastructure. And then it's a document with tips for how to protect yourself, which includes the ending encryption we're going to talk about here. You know, the FBI has now said and again this is on one hand, I'm happy that people are waking up to these realities, and then hopefully as people see this, they'll say, maybe I should stop using Chinese platforms, apps, hardware, et cetera, for all the reasons we just talked about. But on the other hand, it's it's almost funny that you know, the government has done everything possible to try to kill in the end encryption and all in the encryption means is it uses the public key infrastructure to create a public and private encryption key, and you can use tools that, when implemented correctly, I allow you to encrypt the content so that even the platform signal would be one. For example, when they've recommended one, I would recommend for this, even signal can't read your messages because they can't break the encryption right, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Our own government hates it because our government then can't spy on us.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right, Brian. So they've done everything possible to try to tamp this down, to put back doors in it, and I would point out it looks like backdoors were used to hack the telecommunications network. A backdoor is always bad. The bad guys will eventually find and and uh, you know, take advantage of that back door.
Speaker 1: So the structor button, you know, you know now that.
Speaker 8: I now you've thrown me off, Brian. Now now they're saying use it into encryption, you know, Signal and WhatsApp. Here's the thing I want to point out for around of time, if you're on the Apple platform and you're sending texts to other Apple users, Apple has supported an endo encryption for their text platform for a long time. Android has it now. But one of the problems is if you're on Android and I'm on Apple. While it's possible, it's difficult to send into end encrypted messages. You got to turn on a bunch of stuff and have the right versions and all that sort of thing, right, so you can fall back to a third party app like Signal or WhatsApp. I would remind folks what's app is a metaproduct, and I generally trying to avoid using anything from meta slash Facebook. But with signal, so you and I Brian can have the Signal app and you know, we can add each other to it. And one of the problems is, you know, getting people in the setup and so forth. Now, if we're going to we're gonna message, you have to have signal, I have to have signal, et cetera. I mean, it's not it's not a gigantic burden, but it is kind of a pain. It creates some friction. But that's the way. And they're encouraging this now for people to stop sending unencrypted texts, to use encryption wherever they can because of the infiltration and the telecom network. And let me point out one one key thing before we run out of time. Because of the infiltration in the telephone network or the telecom network, they're now saying that multi factor authentication using text right the six digit code you getting a text, you should stop doing that. Stop doing that. It's better than nothing. But you know those texts are going unencrypted through the telecom network. They can be intercepted. I've been telegeople for a long time. That's the least good way to do it. And authenticator app is better. Past keys are better, hardware keys are better. I would encourage folks to look into an app like authye, but you know, any multi factor authentication is better than none. But text based multi factor authentication can be intercepted thanks to these hacks. And this again, this isn't doomsday, Dave the tinfoil hack guy.
Speaker 1: This is your federal government telling you this, and real quick, and I don't want to go too long over one minute over anyway. But insofar as using your cell phone and text for the multi factor authentication, I get that immediately. Okay, So I immediately type that multi factor authentication and is let's say, to get into my bank account, and then then then I'm in it, and and that multi factor authentication number is no longer usable. So in order to take advantage of that through hacking into and reading my text message, wouldn't they have to be sitting there in real time in front of my bank account log in, after already figuring out my password to log in that multi factor authentication number.
Speaker 8: You are right, then, is all ideoretically a one time pass PuO in it resets, but if they are attacking your account, they can intercept it themselves. It doesn't even require you.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, I just wanted to make sure, all right. Hold on, it's six forty seven fifty five KRC detalk station. We got another scam to talk about with Dave. After these brief words for chimney Care fireplace in stove, please please please take care of your safety. Think about that. Now, your fireplace is a source of carbon monoxide. Get yourself carbon monoxide detector, but also get your chimney inspected. That's what the Chimneycare fireplace is all about when it comes to safety. They also can take care of your comfort with beautiful fireplace inserts, free standing stoves, self feeding wood waste pellet stoves that free stand or can beat an insert in your regular firebox. These things are really cool. Put out a boat load a heat, keep you warm very inexpensively. But also think about your safety. If you haven't had your chimney inspected in a while, it could be packed full of creosoad, get a chimney fire. Might have had a chimney fire you wouldn't even know about. Your lining could be cracked. You might have water damage going on in there. That's why you call it the pros, the experts since nineteen eighty eight Chimneycare fireplace and stove. Heck, they can even build you a brand new fireplace. They do it all tuck pointy cap and ampa replacement, waterproofing, et cetera. Fight them online, learn all about it. It's Chimneycareco dot com. The number is five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a better business bureau. And they help me maybe save my life with the inspection five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 7: Fifty five KRC No no, no fine.
Speaker 1: Check should move away from the fire.
Speaker 15: Jack rost nipping at you know, can't do it.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 1: See that's the second time that I know I reckon time today I've been able to use that line. And we mentioned earlier that is that is a my my, my father from beyond the grave looking down approved line. So anyway, sponsored.
Speaker 8: Least get some at least get some asstest pants.
Speaker 1: There you go now and then they would not be roasting anyhow. Interest it dot com is where you find Dave had Her and the crew to help you with your computer business needs, and of course sponsor of this segment, which I dearly appreciate because he raises all of these concerns that we should all be painfully aware of. Dave had her, for example, the next story about this Marysville or Marysville woman.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is pretty scary and really drives him the point that I've been trying to make in general what we've talked about on here so many times. Brian. You know, I go out and talk about this stuff at events and companies all the time, and you know a lot of times I get that look like, come on, man, this can't be real. So, assuming you believe this news report, here a woman has been scammed out of at least twenty thousand dollars, and it goes to show you a how they will do anything they can to get your money, be how creative and devious they are, and see how their tactics constantly change, and they'll go where people are and then use whatever tools they have to get to your money. So in this case, she is a fan of some guy I've never heard of on ms DNC, some doctor or something, and she goes on Facebook finds this guy's account. Quote unquote, it's a fake account easy, it's easy to spoof an account, slit up an account, starts talking to this guy again, it's a fake account. This guy's impersonating this real person arim Elber, whoever that is, and the scammer starts talking to her, strikes up a relationship, builds some rapport, then starts to say that his dog is sick and he needs money yeah I mean, you know, and that they're in love, and he sent her a like a thirty dollars ring, and her family eventually gets involved in this, so she's out all this money. And at some point along the way, when they started to question this, the scammer used an AI voice cloning tool. I keep trying to convince people this is real. Uses an AI voice cloning tool. You know, you can go watch watch the show, get the guy's voice, plug it into one of these tools. And now he's talking to her as this person, you know, saying things like have you found someone else? You know you're not getting back to me, ya da YadA YadA. This woman even got on a plane and tried to fly out to meet this person that I'm sure that would not have gone well. Thankfully, they were able to intercept that. But the bigger point is, you know, and they mentioned in this article some FBI stats on this. We've talked about this site before, Brian ic three dot gov Internet Crime Complaints Center. The FBI not only puts out PSAs and they've just recently put out some useful ones for people, encourage them to check it out, but they also, you know, they collect stats on the crime report. So they say here in twenty twenty three, more than one hundred one thousand people's sixteen order fell victim to a fraud, a fourteen percent increase from twenty twenty two. It's a good site to get these kind of stats the FBI. I've seen them in writing and from FBI agents in person, say, you know, much of this crime is not reported, so whatever status you're seeing, they're way lower than what's really happening out there.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, I just.
Speaker 8: Can't encourage people enough to understand voice cloning is real. These scams are real. They're on social media, they're in email, they're texts. All this stuff is easy to spoof. They're going to go where people are. They'll tell any lie. I mean, they're common, they'll tell any lie and once they get, you know, some rapport going with you, once they can get information about you, because you know, I can probably learn a lot about you. If you're a regular Facebook user, I'm going to oh you you like Iron Maiden.
Speaker 19: Two?
Speaker 12: What do you know?
Speaker 8: You know how this works?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 8: So people have to be extremely and understand these scams are real. Talk to their family showing these articles, and be extra vigilant because this is not going away anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Every week, every single week, it's uh yeah, it never ends, Dave. And that's why we've got you, and I'm glad you're responding to your interest. I dot Com sponsor as a segment because this is such important information. And I hope and I know I guarantee you, Dave. At this time of the year when we're thankful for things and we're looking forward to Christmas and be celebrating the holiday, I think it's a gift that you are on this program every week. And I guarantee, as sure as I'm sitting here that you have you have saved someone a lot of money or kept them out of a lot of harm because of the advice that you passed along. So from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of all of my listeners. Thank you very much for what you do, and and interest i dot com for what you do every day in your business helping businesses deal with these realities as well. God bless you, Dave Hatter. Merry Christmas to you and the entire our crew at interest it, and I will look forward to this segment in counter year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 8: Well, thanks, Brian, I appreciate it. You know it's my pleasure to do it. I'm Merry Christmas and happy near you to you, Rob and Joe and all your listeners. And I'll post all this stuff in the show notes and also hopefully we'll show up in the paper today an article about why you should stop shopping on these Chinese sites like Tamu Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yah Void that like the plague there's rob it is a plague.
Speaker 8: Rob It is a plague. It's just a digital plague.
Speaker 1: Sounds like Robin's personal experience on that one.
Speaker 16: And I learned from Dave Hatter wait to see there you go on this segment on this show.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Dave.
Speaker 1: God bless you, Dave Hatter. Stick around, Rick Green a god story. Talk about someone who appreciates God, it hit a moment in time, a moment of clarity which transformed his drug, adult and criminal life into one of hope. And I've had him on the program a number of times over the years. His movie they made a movie about his life, and it's coming out post production going on right now, released in March. Rick's going to be joining the program raft Top of the Hour News to continue our Christmas celebration here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show, How you can stick around your voice, Thank you for taking a call your country.
Speaker 12: It's refreshing to hear it every day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 2: This reported.
Speaker 15: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of is the Charlie Ron Christmas when he's doing fur lease Beethoven and he said, what kind of Christmas song is that? It's Beethoven and Christmas music? Well, that's yes, Christmas music. Welcome back Rob Rogers in the studio with his guitar of course, Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and celebrating the fifty five KRC Morning Show Christmas Special, which I always look forward to every year because we get to lighten things up and getting a celebratory mood in spite of all of the muck that's still going on in the world. And today a very special, extra special day because our friend Rick Green from Spirit Works Ministries is back in studio with director Savon and the star of the movie Curtis, to talk about the upcoming movie about Rick Green's life. Rick Green had a moment of clarity and he's gonna remind us his backstory on this and how God transformed his life. And you can find Rick and learn more about it and get books at spirit Worksministries dot com. Joe's already added that to the blog pay fifty five krcy dot com. Rick Swah, Curtis. Great to have you guys in the studio. Welcome back, especially Rick. Good to see me.
Speaker 17: Hey, thank you for having me. I've been waiting on this day for a long time. It's been nine years trying to get this movie.
Speaker 1: Move that mic a little closer to you when you've got it. Nine years since the did the concept come up for the movie nine years ago?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 17: God pushed me to make this movie and he never stopped pushing me. And I remember sank gud I never made a movie and he just kept pushing me. God pushes you a lot.
Speaker 2: He loved me.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that the whole point of the movie, which is an amazing thing, and it's uplifting. And some people have strugg obviously. We have clinics, and we have rehab programs, and we have jails for people who commit crimes a lot of times because they're involved with drugs. We have people that grow up in bad households and have bad lives. That's the story of your life. But not everybody has God stepping in and then immediately transforming it, which is really the most amazing part about your story. Remind my listeners that backstory so they have some context for those who haven't heard you here on the fifty five KRCY Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Well, I grew up in the projects of Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: It was tough, and there was a lot of violence, and there was always alcohol and drugs in our home. I tell people one of my first memories and smell at three or four year old, I still smell it to this day. It's the smell of a bar. When I got older and went to a bar, I didn't realize that was my home. I saw things, I heard things, you know, four and five year olds shutting. I heard there was just a lot of evil in our home, and I was doing anything that I could to escape it. Because my mom never told me she loved me. And I'm sixty one. I feel damaged from that to this day. I imagine I never understood how someone could birth you and not say they love you.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know what to do with that pain.
Speaker 17: And one day I snuck downstairs and got one of my father's beer. They're always laughing and joking, the adults. I thought they were having fun. I wanted to have fun. I didn't know by grabbing that beard it would go from beer, it would go from weed. It would go to cocaine. They would go to prison. I didn't see all those steps Satan had before me, and I fell for every one of them. But I told people, I can't blame Satan or anybody for my whole life. When I blamed the man in the mirror, nobody forced me.
Speaker 1: I chose it. Yeah, you know, I make that point about my philosophy is boiled down. There's a Dostojeski clote, and I don't have to quote the whole thing, but the point he makes to his friends this conversation that they're having amongst themselves is you know, look around you, the beautiful that the star or the moon, the stars, the birds, all this beauty we have and all these wonderful things that we're surrounded by. And he makes the point life is heaven and you only need to recognize that, and you'll embrace each other and weep. I think it's kind of how the quote goes, but I've always interpreted that to mean you're responsible for how you perceive life. If you go around and you are, in fact surrounded by bad things, it's easy to fall into the trap of viewing everything negatively and making your life because you choose to do that a hell Or you could look at life as the gift that you've been given from God. Life is that ultimate gift from God, and enjoy it and embrace it while you got it, because you know, you may believe in heaven, you may believe that there's going to be some beautiful angelic environment after this life is over, and that's wonderful, but this is what you actually are dealing with and have. So if you choose to make it a hell hole, that is the person in the mirror's choice to do it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I always tell people I don't think addiction is all powerful. People might want to perceive it. It's that's the case. Why come eleven kids, all of us them become alcoholic and addicts the point almighty? If people want to perceive it, why am I doing it today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't want to die Natic.
Speaker 17: I looked at him in the mirror and I didn't like him, and I divorced him twenty six years ago and I'll never go back to him.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't want to be him no more.
Speaker 1: Well, and if you had remain that person, you probably wouldn't be alive, and you certainly wouldn't have a movie made about your life. And this miracle that you experienced. What was the moment that how did it occur to you when this conversation you're having with yourself about and reflecting on where you are looking at the drug addicted person who's been in prison and experienced all this you always described to a sort of it was almost like instantaneously you transformed in a moment's time. What was that like and it was like a lightning bolt? Or did you just immediately realize that God was right there and he was going to show you a different way, and it's hard for someone who hasn't experience that to perceed it.
Speaker 17: I was in the jail, so I probably at the lowest point of my life. And I tell people I hate standing this part, but I have to say it. I remember saying whispered to me, why don't you just kill yourself because you'll you'll never beat me? And it angered me, and I said, why don't you kill yourself? I never heard nobody. What's that to me? I know God, this holy righteous and he loved me. He never talked to me like that. I said, that's the enemy, and I said, why don't you kill yourself?
Speaker 2: Wow? It angered me, but that anger pushed me in the right direction.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I never heard nobody say that to me. And I was a fan, but something woke up in me when he said that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the Lord works some mysterious ways. It may very well have been God's suggestion to you about that, to bring about that moment of clarity, Like, dude, you've reached the lowest point you're ever going to reach. Why don't you just get rid of yourself? And that was the motive. I mean, right there, it's like, you know, God's thinking and stuff. What are we going to do to make Rick a better person?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 1: We really got to I don't want to say, like be slap them, you know, And you just responded with the same kind of message back at that evil message, which is that's awesome, all right, which is inspirational, which is how you ended up writing a book about it. You've actually written quite a few books. You have some children's books on your website. You wrote Spirit Works, a God story about your life in this transformation. And somehow, in some way, Savant, the director of the movie, found out how did you you can get the mic? Now take it away from Rick your turn? How did you find out about this story? And what was your I mean, how did you decide to make a movie out of it?
Speaker 2: Well, Rick reached out to my cousin.
Speaker 1: She do poetry.
Speaker 17: I don't recall the exact time or how soon after Rick talked to her that he reached out to me. But I mean people calling email and text me all the time, and you just say, okay, well, I'm in the service business. I'm gonna be polite and respond back as best as I can. But Rick was very adamant through his process, and he's been adamant throughout it. So he reached out. We met up and I heard his story. I'm like, oh yeah, this is definitely different from what I've done. I would love to bring this to life. So we met up and Rick has been constantly pushing it since day one.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give up, does he does? And are you still doing your your your your mission work and handing out food and uh and and and and sandwiches and stuff to the folks that in need?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I feed the homeless every Saturday and north side of Hampton Avenue. I love my assignment. I hope God never removed me from it. We're year seven, over ten thousand bags.
Speaker 1: Now, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I don't know how me and my wife found the money. God just keep me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what the donate button is for on your website. So I'll encourage my listeners in this giving holiday spirit A donation to Spirit Works will end up helping Rick and his wife hand out sandwiches to the homeless in downtown Cincinnati every Saturday throughout the year. So inspirational it is. We'll continue, and we're gonna meet the actor who plays Rick. His name is Curtis. He's in studio as well, and I was joking with both of them. I said, man, Curtis, how'd you get this role? You're so much better looking than Rick. I gotta say, I gotta want to mention and recommend strongly to my friends Fasten pro roofing the honest professionals. You know, honesty is a rare commodity in the roofing business. There are some really sadly unscrupulous folks in the in the roofing business. Because you know, I think about seniors particularly, but then again I think about myself. I have never liked getting on my roof. Every year we hang up the Christmas wreaths, usually my wife does it. I just got to think about it. If you know, there's not like some security there. I'm not I don't get vertigo. I just don't want to fall off the roof, and I certainly don't want to be a punchline like Willie Cunningham is stuck on the roof. He had a call nine to one one. But that's the point. Most people don't spend any time on the roof. You don't know what you're looking for when you're up there. Anyway, what does a roof problem look like other than shingles actually missing? Can you determine whether the roof's got hail damage or not. Fashion Pro Roofing will provide you with an absolutely honest assessment and maybe they'll come down and say nothing's wrong. What a wonderful outcome that would be. But if there's anything going on up there, they'll give you a very fair quote and all of that is free and when they do the work, they will do it wonderfully. Absolute craftsman at what they do. Whether you want a metal roof to replace the shingle roof, if you're a commercial business, they do commercial roofing as well as residential. They do terra cotta slate work. They do custom metal work like copper work for a bay window, that kind of thing, box gutters absolutely got it all covered. And exterior projects like shingles and you know, railing work. They're the best in the business. And of course my daughter siance has been working for him for a lot of years. Good man he is, and he may be the guy coming over to free inspector roof Eric. Tell them, I said, I when you see him a plus with a better business Bureau of Course five one three seven seven four ninety four, ninety five, seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Find them online Fasten fast and Fasten pro Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 7: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: Dive into the weird on.
Speaker 11: Here you go.
Speaker 1: You're channel nine first one and weather forecasts got a wintery mix out there, off and on. I guess they say we may get some accumulation. Today's high thirty four going down to twenty five overnight, and a reminder about potential slick spots. If you're out and about tonight, be careful. Thirty two the heights. Tomorrow is sunny sky. It's going to be a few clouds overnight down to eighteen degrees. Sunday is going to be a mostly sunny day with a high of thirty three thirty seven degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 13: Chuck from the UCL Tramphing Center for Unmatched Cancer Care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering protown therapy called five one three, five eighty four. Being highway traffic not bad at all to deal with this morning. The lone exception is southbound two seventy five be on the breaks from the Lawrenceburg Ramp across the Carrol Cropper chucking ramon fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 16: God rest you marry, gentlemen, Let nothing you dismay. Remember Christ, our Saved was born on Christmas Day to dave us all from suff and power.
Speaker 15: And we will go on astray. Oh tidings of calm.
Speaker 16: Food and joy covered en joy, Oh times of com.
Speaker 12: Food and joy.
Speaker 2: Wonderful.
Speaker 1: It's like one of my favorite Christmas two Rob Ryder in studio, which is of course tradition here in the fifty five Cassey Morning Show. And we are celebrating Christmas and in a great way today doing the talking all about Rick Green and his story which he calls a god story and Savanti director who has directed the movie. And it is in post production, meeting the filming is done. You're doing the editing right now? Or is it all done? You got it in the can?
Speaker 2: Now the movie's done and we have a date for it.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's it's finished, March sixth, March six Now where where we before we meet the actor who Curtis Williams, who's playing Rick in the movie. Where's the movie going to be available, is going to be on in movie theater, is gonna be online. How are we gonna find it?
Speaker 17: We are doing our first showing in March six, six pm and seven point thirty at the Springdale Nazarene Church. That's one one one seven seventh Springfield Pike. That's Cincinnati, Ohio four five two four six. What do those first two showings and then we'll have it online with an announcement to follow.
Speaker 1: Well, you have an invitation in counter your twenty twenty five to come back or even just call him with a segment to remind people it's coming out and to get there and to see it and uh and uh we'll get people's reaction from it as well. Moving over to the young man who is in studio, nineteen year old Curtis Williams, who has was selected to play Rick Green in the movie. Curtis, Man, it's great to meet you today and good to have you in the studio.
Speaker 2: It's great to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me, and congratulations on Land of the Park. And I gave you props for you know, outshining Rick over here in terms of you know, I'm sure that's why he picked you. It's like I want my young self to be a you know, good looking guy. Anyway, what was it like playing Rick? And I guess I want to ask you from your experiences of life and you graduated from gamble gamble montessories, all right, I want to make sure people knew that local man you are. Can you relate to Rick's young young wife?
Speaker 16: You know all.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to reveal personal family is serious, but as an actor playing a man who went through these hardships, could you connect with them on some level?
Speaker 20: I couldn't really relate to him as much as in terms of like all the trauma that he went through, thankfully, very much, thankfully.
Speaker 2: And I had a very good life growing up.
Speaker 20: But that's why I was kind of excited to do this role because I was kind of playing something that I never did before the challenge.
Speaker 2: And that's that's just how you grow as an actor.
Speaker 20: You play roles that you're not really sure like how you're gonna do, like once the cameras are on, and I just feel like that's like like that's just always going to help you improve, like with every step of the way. Sure, yeah, it's a growth thing and it's like absolutely.
Speaker 1: I always said, you know, I practiced saw for sixteen years before I got I was offered this job. And I always say to people because a young man, maybe it was just a year older than you, asked me what I want to be on radio? What do I need to do to do that? And my response to him and I didn't want to be a jerk, but was practice law for sixteen years. You need life experience, you need to learn a lot of things, and it's all a building block, and you end up every little thing you do builds that knowledge base and you become better, a better person for it, and you're capable of dealing with a broader variety of topics in my case and in your case. Of course, this role playing someone that you have no real connection with. Again, thankfully, well, of course serve you really well down the road. So you want to be you want to be an actor as a career.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: All right, Well how long is you? How long did you feel that way?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 20: Since I was a little kid. Really, I've always just wanted to be an entertainer. So I just I was just trying to find any way that I could. So as soon as I graduated high school. I was always looking for possible acting roles, and I got my first one through my cousin, Josiah Johnson, who owns his own production company, Yosaiah Vision, which I'm very thankful that he gave me my very.
Speaker 1: First role, I bet.
Speaker 20: And I got my second role through four Fall Youth Studios, which again I'm very thankful that they gave me the opportunity because I was not expecting to get these roles, because of course I was looking for the roles. But when you don't have as much experience, of course everyone's gonna say, well, you don't have much experience, so how can we trust you.
Speaker 1: It's a circular argument. Well, damn, you don't give me the job, how am I going to get the experience?
Speaker 15: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, it's crazy. Well, you know it. It wasn't for God intervening in Rick's life and transforming his life to create a story, then you never have the role and another building block for your future, your future career. So it's amazing how all those kind of things kind of line up and work out, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. And how about the fellow actors that you work with. How many people are in the movie in terms of parts.
Speaker 17: There's about there's about I won't say, between twenty five and thirty speaking roles.
Speaker 1: So really it.
Speaker 17: Was a challenging, but it was a fun challenging. Let's find somebody that can work with this person and then you get them on set play. Oh, it worked perfect, and then you got to do it like ten to fifteen different more times.
Speaker 1: Do you have any problem connected with the actors? You guys all play well together and figure each other out, and oh.
Speaker 20: Yeah, the energy with all my castmates was absolutely amazing. I was happy to work with such an amazing group of people and possibly learn from them, because I always take every role as a learning experience to take notes from my fellow castmates on how to do this and how to do that, because again, like that's just how you grow as an actor.
Speaker 1: And that's what smart people do. It's like journeyman apprentice that you learn from the journeyman when you're an apprentice, and next thing you know, you're teaching others the craft yourself. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Well, we're looking forward to March sixth to get to check out the movie at the Springdale Nazarene Church. Got that right, spring Down Nazarene Church. You can go ahead and put it down on your calendar now six pm showing a seven thirty showing as well, and then it'll be online. But we'll bring the crew, or at least Rick and Savant back, and you're Curtis. You're welcome to come back again too if you would when the movie kicks off.
Speaker 2: But I'll be happy to come back anytime.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. I wish you guys the best, I really do. I hope the movie is a huge success. The message is certainly one worthy of spreading, and I'm glad you're able to do it and come in the studio talk about it this time of year, given that you know, Christmas is coming up and we've got a lot to be thankful for. And Rick, I know no one more than you is thankful for what God has done for you and how He's transformed your life.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I love what God has done for me. And I also love my city. I told people Cincinnati is a star in the movie too.
Speaker 2: I love my city.
Speaker 1: That's great, you know I mentioned that earlier because my dad had a lot of opportunity. He was on the radio here in Cincinnati for more than forty six years, and he had a lot of opportunities over the years to leave. I think he got an offer in Los Angeles, I think New York one time, and he loved Cincinnati so much he never wanted to go. He was happy here. He had a family and his listening audience. He was comfortable. And that's and I'm thankful for that too, because I wasn't ever uprooted, and I got to grow up in Cincinnati. And I also know what it's like to live someplace else because I lived in Chicago for eight years. And I've said it earlier, one of the smartest decisions ever made in my life, beyond asking my wife to marry me, was moving back to Cincinnati from Chicago. So anyway, Savant Curtis Rick, best of luck, all the love in the world. Merry Christmas to you and yours. We'll look forward to having you on next year, and a happy New Year to you both. It's seven twenty eight fifty five KRC Detalk Station Foreign Exchange. It'll be a happy New Year tchieve as well. If you got a car and it's an imported or Tesla. They now service Tesla's and my buddies at Foreign Exchange Westchester location, where Austin and the crew will take great care of you and the bottom line is your bottom line because they don't charge as much as the dealer. I always mentioned my own car, I save two hundred plus dollars on the oil change. That's a savings. That's the kind of savings you can realize at Foreign Exchange. So well, all the imported cars we got laying around our house, we have saved a lot over the years, and I've been going to Foreign Exchange for probably a decade. It's easy to get there. Tylersville egged off of I seventy five. Just go east two streets, go right on Kinglin. You'll run right into it. And when you do, please tell them. Brian said, Hi. The treat you like family and you won't pay as much, but you will get a full warranty on both parts and service, and your car will be serviced by an ASE master technician. Online you learn more information. It's foreign xform the letter X dot com five one three six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 7: Six fifty five KRC high up.
Speaker 4: I am granted from my spotless little kitchen in the suburbs.
Speaker 21: Well on to day time is here again, and I've had many.
Speaker 4: Requests to give my wonderful recipe for my spicy proof cake.
Speaker 5: You know a secret.
Speaker 21: Well let's get down of business. We'll start by digging out a raid on big mix like what I got here. The better this one. I made the ceramics class of the Women's House for correction. That's when I was younger.
Speaker 12: All a time.
Speaker 21: This ball major's for me five feet across.
Speaker 16: I was in a long time.
Speaker 21: Let me offer good behavior.
Speaker 4: Well, we use a bag old canoe paddle for a mixer. Now I we're ready to put in all the secret ingredients. First, three pounds of dates. Next, two courts of brandy and taste.
Speaker 19: M.
Speaker 4: Three pounds of mixed nuts, two courts of brandy.
Speaker 3: Taste M.
Speaker 4: Three pounds of dried plums mixed well, three courts of.
Speaker 21: Brandy taste SAG's really get that on holidays in you need go that.
Speaker 4: Bad Now two rounds are raising, I mean pounds of raisins, three quarts of brandy.
Speaker 21: Taste sway of blady. Now we I like the holidays.
Speaker 4: Ten bross cherries five courts of Brandy.
Speaker 21: I hack make it bad. That's the devil.
Speaker 4: Wickmel, I mean makes the well of sir, and case shazam, I'm gotting more. Mom, bring on Richard Burton. I don't care who can say, Jack.
Speaker 21: Fifteen quarts of beautiful home.
Speaker 22: I have fought like this, And so went unt with my mother in law. She linger thready lean over and think a lot of things.
Speaker 16: Now they gone on.
Speaker 12: That.
Speaker 21: Who can saying there? It's a great place to spell the holidays lived?
Speaker 16: So Holly, I was gonna sing, please Daddy, don't get drunk this Christmas.
Speaker 1: That was seeing a daddy. That would have been perfect. Many of my listeners have heard that, and probably heard it even before I was around. You know, my dad did that, recorded that, and that's his own stuff, and he made that all up himself. And he was only if I recall correctly, I think it was like twenty two or twenty four years old. He was in his early twenties when he did that Grannie's Holiday fruitcake. And Dad absolutely hated to hear that. Really yeah, yeah, I don't know what it was about it.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 1: Didn't like it when when he would be played and Joe I might remember that the dad hated when we wanted to dust that off and play it and hear it. But Dad has no ability to tell me though. And of course Joe Strucker is the one responsible for pulling it out and queuing it up. And I appreciate that that was my dad Granny's holiday fruitcake recipe. I counted thirty five courts of brand. That's a real family recipe too. Anyhow, seven thirty six. But you have Characity Talk stations so good. The phone lines are open. Rob Riders here with this guitar. We're having fun today. If you got a holiday memory you want to share, you want to talk about politics. We got some time before the top of the hour when Mike Haisel, he is one of those German guys that's a Facebook site. He's going to tell us all about a German Christmas in New Year's event that's coming up at the more line now, so he'll join us after the top of the hour. News it is yeah, thirty seven thirty seven right now. If you have Cacity Talk station, Suste Low's Camp's waiting for your calls. Well, mortgages is what she is all about. In mortgages is what she has been doing for more than thirty five years. I have to update the number of years. But she's brilliant at what she does because she's so much got experience, so much experience in the mortgage business. So if you want to buy a new home or refinancial existing mortgage, reverse mortgages, I know that's an option, not one I would pursue, but if it's something you're interested, you can talk about that. She knows everything there is to know, fixed second mortgage, cash out options, lines of credit, blah. I could go on, but she is wonderful, wonderful customer service couldn't be better. She's the one that got my daughter and Eric their home loan and did it in virtually no time. Amazed at how quickly it turned it around, and my daughter was so happy. Sus that's wonderful to work with, pleasant as she can be, and again quick at what she does. No application fees, no junk fees, license in all fifty states because she's with Cross Country Mortgage. So if you're in any of the fifty states here in my voice right now or at any time, or Puerto Rico, she can handle your mortgages. So call her up. At five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, always great rates at the low cost five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Or send her an email Suo's at dot Low's camp los Ekamps. Is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 7: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: How do you.
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: It is your Channel nine first oneing on the forecast. It's got to be a mixed so wintry mixed today and a light snow accumulation at times, So it's back that thirty four is going to be our high down of twenty five over nine Channel nine saying watch out for slick spots on the road. Happy to pass that message along Tomorrow mostly sundayday with a higher thirty two going out of eighteen overnight and on Sunday it's gonna be sunny in a high thirty three thirty seven.
Speaker 12: Right now.
Speaker 1: Traffic time from the.
Speaker 13: UC out traffic center for unmatched cancer care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three five to eighty four beam supbound seventy five now slows a.
Speaker 2: Bit out of Lachland towards the lateral.
Speaker 13: Southbound two seventy five continues slow onto the Carroll Proper Bridge thanks to the road work. Northbound seventy five A few break lights on some wet roads through the cut chut king Ramont fifty five kr.
Speaker 1: See the talk station.
Speaker 16: Now to the lords in crazes, are you within this place and with true love and brotherhood each other?
Speaker 15: Now embraise this holy time of Christmas.
Speaker 16: Small other stuffy face, Oh tidings of Calmford and joy.
Speaker 15: I'm out of practice.
Speaker 1: Well done, I say, sound pretty good to me. Then again, I only know a handful of bar cords. I don't even know what the key is like, play me an ei whatever.
Speaker 6: There it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rob Ryder and his guitar holiday tradition. Here a fifty five KERCD talk station. We've been doing it a lot of years, a lot of years, and I never get tired of it.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 1: Got a text from my beautiful bride. Hello, you sound really happy today. I love you. I'm not acting. I'm not you're happy acting? Well, come on, man, I got two weeks ahead of me off of vacation. Not that I don't enjoy going to work, but I get to sleep in, which I really it's one of my favorite things to do when I do get vacation days, so I don't have to get up at two thirty in the morning and I like, you know, looking over at the alarm clock and just going and then it's like nom nom noam namb and I go back to sleep.
Speaker 16: So then that means then we could get together with you guys, and you wouldn't have to leave at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: That is correct, So let's do that over the break. Let's do that because I need some steak tartar, yes with the egg on it. Of course. Is there any way to eat steak tartar? You can count on that.
Speaker 23: Rob.
Speaker 1: We'll get some dates on the calendar and get together, which I enjoy. Love getting together with you two folks. If you want to call in five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, eight hundred and two and three talk found five fifty on your AT and T phones. I guess the big news story this morning is the fact they didn't get a deal done, and they shouldn't have had to get a deal done this end of the year. Crap, pardon my French, just really irks the hell out of me. And so they had the fifteen hundred plus page Omnibus c R, which was going to keep us gutting through, you know, to keep the government open through March. Three lousy months, fifteen hundred pages shot down in flames, filled with pork, including raises for Congress and a bunch of the critic legislation that they should work on independently, not just write it down and shove it through at the last minute, which is what they do intentionally. They know at the beginning of every county year they've got twelves appropriation bills they need to finish. That is their sole job as far as I'm concerned, it's in their job description. And they fail every year, epic failure. So you can blame the Republicans. You can blame the Democrats, every damn one of them. It is all of their collective fault for not doing their jobs throughout the year and getting the spell twelve spending bills put together. Oh, they passed the Defense bill, sure, even though the Defense Department can't pass the damn audit eight times fail. Oh there's your nine hundred billion. Well, when it comes to everything else, they wait to the last minute and then they get angry at each other. And because obviously at the tail end of the Biden administration, Democrats are trying to get every single thing that they can get done. That's what that bill that shot down on Wednesday was all about. That's why Musk and everybody else came out against it. Then fifteen hundred pages magically gets whittled down to one hundred and sixteen pages, which would have kept the government open shot down in flames. It's the government's going to shut down. I feel very confident, how if, I mean, just let it just contemplate that for a moment in time, fifteen hundred plus pages down to one hundred and sixteen and they accomplished basically the same thing, except one of them doesn't is impact with all kinds of pork and pet projects and other stuff. And because the Democrats didn't get their way, they sure as hell we're not going to vote for the whittled down one hundred and sixteen page version. And so now they get to stay there for Christmas or just more likely just shut the government down and go home and enjoy their Christmas meal because they didn't do their job. They failed to agree on full year budgets for twenty twenty five despite months of negotiations failure. So does anybody feel sorry for the government employees aren't going to have a pay check over at Christmas break?
Speaker 16: Oh, but they come back and they get their back pay. It gets retroactive, except for those of us who are contractors with the government doing air shows. Like when I announced when I lose those shows because their military bases or whatever or other shows after shut down, I never got my money back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know what, I have not much sympathy for any anyone connected with the government because everything that goes along with government, including working with them as a subcontractor, comes along with multiple strings attached, like knowing ahead of time that they won't do their job and you'll be at the end of the year and a government shutdown will be threatened. That is the person or the entity with whom you have entered into a contract. You've seen it happen year after year after year. You got eyes wide open. Now do you want to enter an arrangement with them or not knowing that that could happen. That's your choice. And I say that about the government employees as well. What about the COULT people in the coal industry. When they pull the plug on the entire industry and thousands of people lose their job because of government action, no one weeps for them, no one cares about them.
Speaker 15: So we're all.
Speaker 1: Connected with this monstrosity, yep, and we got to live with the aftermath and the challenges that we face as a consequence. But honestly, I really, I personally am not going to feel a government shutdown. It will not impact my life and iota so but we all know who's to blame, the collective, all of them. Seven fifty five KC detalk station. I feel better or not? I got that off my chest. See, I was in a great mood all morning. Sounds happy. I got Devo the phone, Dave, hang on a minute, would you please, because I want to pass out some sound advice, and that is, do not go to the hospital imaging department when your doctor gives you a prescription for an MRI, a CT scan, UH, an echo cardiogram and ultrasound long screening your cardiac going because you're gonna pay an arm and a leg at the imaging department at the hot This is what they do. They make fat bank at the imaging department. It's one of the reasons medical expenses are so high well, because everyone at some point in their life is going to need one of these things, and I've had a multitude of them, and so I took my own advice, not the most recent one, because they required a surgeon to do the biopsy, So you can't always go to affordable Imaging Services. But the CT scan I had prior to that Affordable Imaging Services, and I'll vouch for the fact that it is very low overhead. But the equipment they're using is the same as what is used at the hospital. The people that are operating it have decades of experience. Each image at Affordable Imaging Services comes complete with a board certified radiologist report that you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours. What did my doctors say about the CT scan that I got needed a contrast? Sorry, Brian, looks like your cancer is coming back. So I got bad news, but not a word about the quality of the image or the radiologists report. It was all fine. And of course I told her ahead of time that's what I was gonna do. She said fine, because she knows I had a choice. When it comes to my medical care, so probably save myself thousands of dollars. You can call the imaging department ahead of time to find out how much is going to cost you out of pocket after your medical insurance is processed. A bet Affordable Imaging will be lower because the CT scan with a contrast is only six hundred dollars. Same thing across the board. For all the pricing and information, go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com five one three seven five three eight thousand fifty five car the talk station. Right now, over half a billion dollars are up for graphs. That's a billion with a beat. According to Channel nine. Wintery nicks out there today like snow accumulation at times high of thirty four overnight part are mostly tid, the skis slick roads are possibles. Are careful out there twenty five for the low thirty two to the high tomorrow with sunny skies over night eighteen and then a high of thirty three on Sunday with mostly Sunday skys thirty seven out traffic time.
Speaker 13: From the UCL train Thing Center for unmatched cancer care, choose the University of sins in any cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three, five eighty four. Beam southbound seventy five continues to build out of Lackland to the lateral northbound seventy five. If you break whites buttermilk into the cut and SATH two seventy five continues slow onto the Carrol Cropper Bridge. There's a wreck on Cleansmore Sawid glen Way, chuck Ingramont fifty five KR.
Speaker 15: A seat the talk station. It's the most wonderful time of the.
Speaker 16: With those kids jingle belling and everyone telling you be a good che.
Speaker 15: It's the most wonderful.
Speaker 8: Time of the.
Speaker 1: Certainly having a wonderful time today with Rober Ryder and studio, all the guests who've got lined up. We're gonna go over to the Phone's got a couple of callers on line. Get try to get as many as possible. He welcome to the show. Thanks for holding over the black Hey there, Brian, how are you doing great today? Thanks for asking.
Speaker 23: I just want to say Marry Christmas to you and Rob Ryder. I miss Rob Crossroads Church. He was awesome there and his dad at College Ill Presbyterian back in the day.
Speaker 1: Well, I am the dad, Oh you are. I am from the vineyard about.
Speaker 23: Oh wow, you know my dad real well from back in the day at College Hill Presbyterian World.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Yeah, I just want to say Mary Christmas to you, Brian.
Speaker 23: I missed your Dan on the radio up to You and I are the same age and I woke woke up to him every morning back in the eighties going to high school and uh, and he just made me laugh.
Speaker 12: Granny was great.
Speaker 23: I actually was listening to him live when when the helicopter went down with McCormick.
Speaker 12: I'll never forget that morning and terrible.
Speaker 23: I know you know's thet's the same well prayer for her family today.
Speaker 1: Yea, amen that you really appreciate the well wish's Dave, And right back at you the Merry Christmas and yeah, that rock my dad's world. That was one of the most he That was one of the most impactful radio programs he ever had to do, and he talked about it quite a bit over the years. Yeah, terrible day, terrible.
Speaker 2: Day, Nick.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Merry Christmas. Thanks for calling in this morning.
Speaker 11: Merry Christmas. Thanks for taking my call, Brian, And this is Nick Knowle as you know, the author God Given Freedom. Yeah, the book that is not our freedom.
Speaker 1: You just wrote a book to remind us about our God given freedom.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's right, and I wanted to wish you merry Christmas and no health getings.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 11: You know, I don't normally pronounce my name Noel, but my brother does that all the time. The reason is because he spent most of his life as a musician. And he used to tell me, he said, went when I'm in Europe, or I'm in Africa, or I'm in Japan or California or some other foreign country, said, when I say my name no, well, people know how to spell it. Oh yeah, so they know right away how to spell it. Otherwise they just don't. And you know, this is, uh, this is We've been fighting this for years, for nine years. You know, he was the he was the keyboard player, he was the white guy Jamaican reggae band, and he traveled all those places. He traveled all those places, so when he said his name no, Well, they would know who he was. And so anyway, I just I want to say Merry Christmas and no algories. And I always plug my book or God Given Freedom which is on Amazon and people who get.
Speaker 6: It there for me at No.
Speaker 11: L three three four five at hotmail dot com. But I just want to say Merry Christmas and thanks for taking my call and have a good time off.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. I love how you parlayed the Christmas wishes into an ad campaign for your book.
Speaker 8: Nick.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. I have a great Christmas, my friend. Take care of befoord to seeing your listener lunches next year. Seven fifty six May five, Kseny talk stations.
Speaker 15: A Green Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's a green Christmas. It's a German Christmas and New Year's event at the Moreline lockerhouse. We're gonna hear from Mike heislerf to the top of their news about that Bill O'Reilly joins a program at eight thirty five talk about his opinion on politics. Maybe he shares my thoughts about this ridiculous continuing resolution.
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll ask Bill about that. And he has great gift opportunities in the form of literally any one of his books, so I'm sure we'll talk about Bill's books again. That's at eight thirty five. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 23: Your voice thank you for taking that call your country gives us all some more to think about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Blunt.
Speaker 23: Klay, Travis and Bock Sexton doing their homework today at noon, because you gotta make sense of it when fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: He talks station.
Speaker 16: Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, how lovely are thy branches?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 16: Joe Strecker, you gave to me the song without no chances.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome, well done on the fly. Now, how come you couldn't do that craft work number I asked you to do? Of course we're talking and he didn't do it in German either, in spite of the fact that joining us one of the one of the two those German guys, Mike is a welcome to the fifty five Cars Morning Show. You can find those German guys on Facebook under duh those German guys Welcome Mike. It's good you have you on the morning show. Gooding Morgan, the Gates, en Or the Gate and z Or I don't remember my my approach. What very good And that's the formal, the formal, right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, vol hair comment.
Speaker 1: And gimutlik kite here on the fifty five kre Morning Shaw All morning, because we are doing our Christmas celebration. Rob Ryder in studio doing his best to keep up with our musical request. Better learn some craft work before next year. They're a writer. But Mike's doing the program not only to to point out that you should follow him with along with the other folks, to follo him online and Facebook at those German guys talking things German. We got a big celebration coming up and he's going to give us the info on it. Sounds like a German Christmas event going on, Mike, we do.
Speaker 12: We are doing Midnight and Munich at more Line Loggerhouses New Robling Event Center. So the cool thing about that, Brian and for all your listeners is you don't have to stay up till midnight here because Munich is six hours ahead of us. So we get to ring in the new year with Munich at six pm with a champagne toes.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, four to six.
Speaker 12: At the new event Center. You can get your tickets online on more Line Facebook page or look on those German Guys page. Just look for Midnight in Munich and you can click on that at The event goes four pm to eight pm. We have the Polka Warriors playing so and there's a fey dinner. It's a great time. It's opened up, you know, families, kids as well. So there's a lack of going on at Moreline Loggerhouse that week in too, because they also have the Cincinnati Chris Kennelmark going on until January fifth as well.
Speaker 1: So well, be good. Well, that's a that's a great thing too, Mike. I know, we have the second largest october Fest, just behind Munchin in Munich. Are we I seem to recall, are we like a sister city with them or something like that.
Speaker 12: We are. Uda Paka is the head of that. We are sister cities of Munich. That's been something that's going on for a long time as well. We have exchange students to come here from Munich to Cincinnati through the Munich Sister Cities, and we also been exchange students over there, so it's really kind of neat. We're also trying to help them the kids here in Cincinnati. Okill's High School has a German program and they also go pay have a class trip every year. Some of the kids can't afford to go. We're raising money to help send those kids that can't go. We do like a broadworst bingo at Cantina. We're also selling Split the Pot tickets at Christ Cincinnati Chris Kennemart on Friday, Saturday and Sunday most weekends. So you'll see those German guys out there with the Split the Pot tickets and proceeds go to help the kids.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic. I'm glad to sear the oak Kills High School German clubs store around. That's where I started taking. You had to select the language. At least I recall having to select the language, and that's when I selected German. So I took German two years and it Oak Kills. And then of course I had to take a language in college because of course, being a political science major, it was so very important that I take a language. I don't know, you can hear the during my voice for mandatory classes, but I took German, and sadly Oakhills and University of Cincinnati failed to teach anything to me because I can't recall much beyond the words I just spoke to you a moment ago, and some phrases that I'm not allowed to utter on on the.
Speaker 12: Air on the air, but that's okay. You did very well with the ones, you know, so that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was pretty good. One thing. I was pretty good at his pronunciation. I was able to manage that. And you know, Peterborough give So that's right, commus, that's right. And that's just a celebratory atmosphere and mood, which is exactly what's going to be going on at the German Christmas and New Year's event. More Line loggerhouse. Again, the tickets can be found at those German Guys dot com or people have to search for the more Line website, or maybe Joe Strecker he probably has already updated my blog page fifty five cars dot com to include a link for that. Oh I didn't have to ask, he just told me. He confirmed it. So fifty five krsee dot com for the tickets. Now, let my listeners know what you do on your on your your Facebook page and what you do at those German Guys dot com. What's it all about.
Speaker 12: Well, we're just into promoting all things German and Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: We promote all the.
Speaker 12: Different German events through the different German clubs. We also were helping City of Cincinnati promote the Octoberfest downtown Cincinnati. We've also teamed with Greg Hardman, the owner of Moreline Loggerhouse, to help promote a lot of his events. And we also had our own German beer hall last weekend at the Cincinnati Chris kennemartin the Rougling Events Center. So we just pretty much try to, you know, keep the German culture alive and well, ran into your buddy last night, Joe Strecker. He came to our tig tapping at Cantina beer Garten and Eterie Peter Schuster. He's a German immigrant and actually we need to congratulate Peter. He became an American citizen this week, soat congratulations to Peter becoming an American citizen. He has a little German restaurant, Cantina down on Harrison Avenue. The food is absolutely fantastic and those German guys. We do a keke tacking usually the third Thursday of the month.
Speaker 6: There we bring in a new.
Speaker 12: German beer that a lot of people haven't had, or it's a traditional German favorite beer that we bring in, and you know, we kind of go around to all the different events and try to help out and perpetuate German culture that is terrific. Follow all of that and get all the dates on our Facebook page as well. We do have a website those German Guys. We update that sporadically, but you know, for the up to date stuff that we have going on this month, and it's easier to follow it on Facebook because it's easier for as to update that.
Speaker 1: Well, I am a follower myself, so just want to let you know I got your site up right now, and you know, I'm glad you mentioned that Canteena because now I've got another restaurant I can try out. It sounds wonderful. Can I ask you, have you ever convinced the guys over at Moreline Loggerhouse or the brewery to make a those German guys beer, a special beer in honor of you guys. That'll be cool because a lot of the micro brewers are doing that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they are. Brian, you're the second person that has asked us that. We were on Fox nineteen with Steph d. T Trantonio last week and he asked the same questions. So that is something we are in the process but hopefully getting Greg.
Speaker 6: To do that.
Speaker 12: Fantastic if we could have those German Guys beer. Now. One thing that we do have if you go to more Line loggerhouses website and you look under beer's and then go to bottles and cans, we did bring in some German beer and we have those German Guys beer selection on the website for more Line, Greg carries for US. So we have Arkibrois, which is a Bavarian Hellas Hellas as a lagger. We also have brew Kohlsch Cologne, Germany. And then Greg I don't know if you know this, the owner more Line. He was the regional or national president of Borsteiner and he was instrumental in bringing for Spiders in the US. So we have two different bor Scheiner UH octoberfests and the builds are on there as well. In addition to all the great beer that Moreline brewis and they have a special UH Christmas ale it's the Chris Kendall that they bring now and you can get that on top of more Line. It's a seasonal beer. They always bring that out during the Chris Kendle Mark.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I take I've had that one before. That's that's tasty stuff. Well, now that we know you're you're definitely going to get to those German guys brew because they're going to do it. Since you know I asked, and and and and you've had other people ask, it's inevitable what kind of beer will it be? Will be a coolsh or one of the others. I mean know, it's kind of if you had your you're saying the matter, what what form of beer?
Speaker 12: Beer?
Speaker 1: Would it would? Would it would it take?
Speaker 12: I would probably say at this point, we're probably going to try to do a best beer, like an Octoberfest style looguer. Yeah, that's something that I don't think anybody else has really done yet, So that might be one of the ones. I like the Octoberfest marks and the more of the uh ask if you're familiar with, like what yingling looks like, it's more of a brownie color. Yeah, it's not a dunkle, but it's more of a darker beer your traditional October EFFESTI WILLI my other partner that those German guys doesn't like the marts, and so I think we have to do a fest beer so we can both be happy on that. Well, and also any of your guests looking for a last minute Christmas gift. More Lined Loggerhouse is doing a buy one, get one three on their more Lying Steins. So normally they're forty bucks. You get two for forty bucks now, so that gives you a good Christmas press present. Plus your first bill is a dollar on one of your new Stegns.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 12: I'll also get you into the mud Club where you get discounts all year. If you bring your stein down the more Line, you can tell them at discounted prices throughout the year. So it's fantastic good Christmas gift for your listeners.
Speaker 1: Yes, it sure is. And I'm sure the more Lined House folks are grinning right now that you use them some of the time to promote their goods in their in their products. So and that's what worth of promotion because they make some great, great beers. I've had several of them over the years at b yos thumbs up, bring your own Stein. Yeah. Well, and if you get a more Lion Stein, you get it for discount and discount on the future beers, which I love. Tell you what, Mike Kisel, of those German guys, it's been a pleasure talking with you. I hope you have a vunderbar Christmas and enjoy the commutua kite of the entire season. A very happy and festive New Year, and we'll look forward to following you on Facebook those German guys.
Speaker 12: Definitely thank you guys for having me on.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Merry Christmas everybody.
Speaker 6: You guys have a fantastic Christmas in New.
Speaker 12: Year, and everybody out there, I appreciate your time and thanks for your attention.
Speaker 1: A real pleasure man. Take care of yourself. Take sixteen eight seventeen at fifty five kcdtalk station. Got a few more minutes to talk before we get to Bill O'Reilly. He's going to join the program, offer his opinion on politics, maybe the CR, but also plug his books, which are well worth plugging. I love O'Reilly's book. So that'll be at eight thirty five, and we could take a phone if you want to call in five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. So I'll be right back fifty five KRC dot com. Have you and your family had a remixed today?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 1: I guess kind of on and off eighty eighty impossible accumulation just expected thirty four for the high down of twenty five overnight slick roads or a distinct possibility, So mind your p's and q's overnight thirty two with sunny skys Tomorrow eighteen overnight and a sunny Sunday with a higher thirty three thirty seven degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 13: From the ucl tram Thhink Center for Unnine's cancer care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering proton therapy called five one, three, five to eighty four. Beam southbound seventy five continues slow through Lachland westbound two seventy five. There's a wreck on the ramp Tom Montgomery Road. They've shut down one way at Cleaves Warsaw due to an accident. The wait is is on forty eight at Grandon outside of Mainville. Chuck Ingram, I'm fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 15: I think Johnny Mathis recorded this.
Speaker 1: He did cover it perfect timing too.
Speaker 16: Sleigh bells ring? Are you listening in the lane? Snow is listening? A beautiful site. We're happy tonight walking in a Winter.
Speaker 1: Wonder Rob Ryder in studio for our Christmas special here last day of the year for me and gonna be well covered with Dan Carroll and Kevin Gordon and Gary Jeff Walker at various points, plus a couple of best of shows between Monday and the start of the new year. But looking forward to Christmas break and I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas. I haven't certainly enjoy enjoying myself and perfectly timed Johnny mathis reference there, given that Joe Strecker has his favorite movie played the Holiday Fruitcake Recipe for My Dad Dead as Granny. Dad hated that one, but he always loved the next one because he loves basically the joke of the story that you're about to hear from taking it way way way back. Let's roll the Angel on the Christmas Tree, Joe Strecker roll it.
Speaker 24: One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for this annual trip, but there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves didn't produce the toys as fast as the regular one. So Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule, A net wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: Then Missus Klaus told Santa that her mother.
Speaker 25: Was coming to visit. This stress Anna even more.
Speaker 24: When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth, and two had jumped the fence and were out to who knows where.
Speaker 1: More stress.
Speaker 24: He didn't need that, And then he began to load the sleigh. One of the boards cracked. The toy bag fell to the ground, scattered the toys everywhere. So frustrated Santa went into the house to get a cup of coffee and the shot of whiskey. When he went to the cupboard, he found that the elves had hit the liquor and there was nothing to drink but water.
Speaker 1: He wasn't into that mort stress.
Speaker 24: In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffee pot. It broke hundreds of pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom, he found that the mice had eaten the straw. Rather, he didn't have that to do either. Then the doorbell rang. Santa Claus was cursing a little bit all the way to the door, and he opened the door and there was a little angel and a great big Christmas tree, and the angel said.
Speaker 19: Merry Christmas, sinner, isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it a lovely tree?
Speaker 1: Where would you like me to stick it?
Speaker 25: Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the tree.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember he did that every year back toward the end, when you know, before he retired. I remember somebody was chuckling in the background.
Speaker 8: Rob.
Speaker 1: That may have been you, because that was a later recording of it. But I think Dad, Joe didn't Dad do that every single year at Christmas time? Yeah? Joe by request, Yeah, Joe always asked them to do it. But fond memories of my dad, and of course I always got to kick out of that. That that that sort of a bit of a shaggy dog story on reaching the final conclusion, Just wonderful fond memories of Dad. Here as we approach Christmas holiday season, I hope my mom is enjoying it, and I know she experiences some melancholy, of course everyone would, But I feel like, call him feel free if I went three seven fifty five hundred, well, have a few minutes to spend with each other before we get to Bill O'Reilly's going to join the program sometime around eight thirty five to talk maybe politics a little bit, and of course plug his books, which are just great books. I just love Bill O'Reilly's books, but I think the world of Bill O'Reilly as well. It is eight twenty five right now. If you have k City Talk station, this is fifty five KRC, and iHeartRadio station. I'm comfortable.
Speaker 4: Hi, I am granted from my spotless little kitchen in the suburbs.
Speaker 21: Well, hot to day time is here again.
Speaker 4: And I've had many requests to give my wonderful recipe for my spicy proof cake.
Speaker 5: You know that secret.
Speaker 21: Well, let's get down of business. We'll start by digging out a.
Speaker 4: Raid big mix book like what I got here, making a better this one I made. I mixed Classic the Women's House for correction. That's when I was younger.
Speaker 12: All a time.
Speaker 21: This ball major's for me five feet across.
Speaker 16: I was in a long time.
Speaker 21: Let me offer good behavior.
Speaker 4: Well, we use a bag old canoe paddle for a mixer. Now we're ready to put in all.
Speaker 21: The secret ingredients.
Speaker 4: First three pounds of dates, next two courts of brandy and taste m three pounds of mixed nuts, two courts of brandy taste, three pounds of dried plums mixed well.
Speaker 21: Three courts of brandy taste says, really get that on holidays?
Speaker 7: You need of that bad now.
Speaker 4: Two rounds of raising I mean two pounds of rains them, three quarts of brandy caste sway of blady lowly.
Speaker 21: I like the holidays. Then pross cherries. Five courts of brandy. I heck make it, fam that's the devil which smell and he makes the well of sir and case shazam. I'm gottin more.
Speaker 4: Mom, bring on Richard Burton, I don't who can lay jack?
Speaker 21: Fifteen courts of beautiful home.
Speaker 22: I have thought like this so a unt with my mother in law. She lingered thread, lean over and think a lot of things.
Speaker 25: Now they gone on hollow me that who can saying there.
Speaker 21: It's a great place to spell the holidays, live.
Speaker 15: With bows of holly.
Speaker 16: I was gonna say, please, Daddy, don't get drunk this Christmas.
Speaker 1: That was seeing a daddy. That would have been perfect. Many of my listeners have heard that, and probably heard it even before I was around, You know, my dad did that, recorded that, and that's his own stuff, and he made that all up himself. And he was only if I recall correctly, I think was like twenty two or twenty four years old. He was in his early twenties when he did that Grannie's Holiday fruitcake. And Dad absolutely hated to hear that. Really, yeah, yeah, I don't know what it was about it.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 1: Didn't like it when when he would be played, and Joe I might remember that, the dad hated when we wanted to dust that off and play it and hear it. But Dad has no ability to tell me no. And of course Joe Streucker is the one responsible for pulling it out and queuing it up. And I appreciate that that was my dad Granny's holiday fruitcake recipe. I lost count at thirty five. It's a brand that's a real family recipe too. Anyhow, seven thirty six and if you have characity talk stations so good. The phone lines are open. Rob Riders here with this guitar. We're having fun today. If you got a holiday memory you want to share, you want to talk about politics. We got some time before the top of the hour when Mike Haisel he is one of those German guys that's a Facebook site. He's going to tell us all about a German Christmas in New Year's event that's coming up at the more line now, so he'll join us after the top of the hour news. It is yeah, thirty seven thirty seven right now. If you have Casity talk station, Susane Low's camp's waiting for your call as well. Mortgages is what she is all about. In mortgages is what she has been doing for more than thirty five years. I have to update the number of years. But she's brilliant at what she does because she's so much got experience. That's much experience in the mortgage business. So if you want to buy a new home or refinancial existing mortgage, reverse mortgages, I know that's an option, not one I would pursue, but if it's something you're in you can talk about that. She knows everything there is to know, fixed second mortgage, cash out options, lines of credit, blah. I could go on, but she is wonderful, wonderful customer service couldn't be better. She's the one that got my daughter and Eric their home loan and did it in virtually no time. Amazed at how quickly it turned it around, and my daughter was so happy. Sus that's wonderful to work with, pleasant as she can be, and again quick at what she does. No application fees, no junk fees, license in all fifty states because she's with Cross Country Mortgage. So if you're in any of the fifty states here in my voice right now or at any time, or Puerto Rico, she can handle your mortgages. So call her up at five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, always great rates at low cost five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or send her an email. SU's at dot Low's camp. Los Ekamps is a dot Low's camp at CCM dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 16: How do you