Speaker 1: This segment's brought to you by our friends at Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas, so unbelievably good. It was named best pizzeria and all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. If you're a foodie, you like traveling around the metropolites, going to the best, you know, restaurants you wanted, the best tacos, best pizza, best breweries, those types of things you really covet that, get out to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano. It's at Preston and Plano Parkway. Again, they've mastered five different types of pizza, and people are raving about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, But right now it's not for this Juicy moves.
Speaker 2: Hot gods, every stay on top in the bootcho. So last Friday was the fifty year anniversary of the movie Jawls Bump Bump Bom June twenty, nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: I think it's my favorite movie of all time, really, and I just freaking love that movie. It terrorized my entire childhood and still still lives rent free in my brain. And we went to turks and caicos, and you know there's no great white sharks there, But dude, when you're just in the water, you just feel so vulnerable. You can't hear anything. It's hard to see what's in there. And since you don't hear, like, since they don't have like tap shoes on, and you're not, you know, on a hard floor, you wouldn't know if they snuck up on you. And you see footage sometimes of people swimming and their sharks swimming all around them and they don't know. I don't know if y'all have seen like the footage of the great white that like sneaks up behind a guy who's scuba diving and like nudges his head and the guy had no idea there was one right behind him. I've never seen that, But dude, there have been times I've been in a deep swimming pool, like an Olympic sized swimming pool.
Speaker 3: It's a humble bragger, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, And I've like, in my mind it was like, you're a little vulnerable right now.
Speaker 1: It could be a great white in here.
Speaker 2: Now it's a swimming pool. They don't like chlorine, and you would have been what ten when he saw this you know something like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we didn't see it in the theaters. It would have been, it would have been. It probably made its way to network television, I would think, because they used to make the over the weekend. They used to take movies and edit them for television, and they would say edited for television. So I would imagine the first time either one of us saw Jaws was probably on network because Jows came out in what seventy five, seventy Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But dude, it's it's such a perfect combination of terrorizing you. The acting is great, the casting is great, and the soundtrack is great.
Speaker 2: The music is incredible. It's an incredible movie.
Speaker 3: It certainly changed Spielberg's life forever, and man, he had a lot of doubters.
Speaker 2: As that thing was being filmed.
Speaker 3: There's a really amazing book called Easy Writers, Raging Bulls about Cinema. It's maybe my favorite book, not because it's so well written, just because I love that time period nineteen sixty seven to nineteen eighty one when directors ruled Hollywood. They were in charge, and so it's got a lot of stuff about Spielberg, Scorsese, Freakin Lucas, all these people and how they rose to fame, and the Steven Spielberg was in over his head.
Speaker 2: He was freaking out. And it was also the.
Speaker 3: First movie they ever ran commercials for on television to market it that it was the first, so it's technically the first ever quote unquote blockbuster.
Speaker 2: So he came to Dallas in March of nineteen seventy five, so three months before the movie was released for a sneak preview to people, because he wanted to get audience reactions. So he would go to a couple of the big cities, and Dallas is one of them. And he was in the back of the Medallion Theater. The Medallion Theater, by the way, is now at Cohle's, so it is not hold held up well, So he's in the bag, just watching it. I don't even know if it was announced that he was there. The article did not say. Nobody would have known who Spielberg was back then. And when Alex Kintner gets eaten by the shark, there's some movement in the crowdler that he notices. He said, a man got up and started walking out, and then he began running and I could tell he was headed for the bathrooms. But then he didn't make it, and he vomited all over the floor. Oh my god, what have I done? What kind of movie have I made? A man is just barfed because of my film. But the great news was about five minutes later the guy went back to his seat and finished watching the movie. Yeah what troop? Yeah? Soid he paid his three dollars. He said that he heard the first you know, screams of people watching Jaws. Liked it so much he came back and did a showing of Close Encounters of the third kind. Great movie got another good response in Dallas. So he's like, hell, Dallas loves my stuff. I'm coming back in nineteen seventy nine for the movie nineteen forty one, and it definitely flunked the screen test and he has never been back to Dallas since. It was a.
Speaker 3: Very disappointing movie for young skin to watch.
Speaker 2: He had good parts to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but man, when you were ready for Blushi and boy Spielberg's involved and he's basically making a movie about World War Two, You're just looking at this thing, going.
Speaker 2: What what's happening right now?
Speaker 3: And then a giant didn't that the one with the giant ferris wheel goes down the boardwalk and into the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, had Tim Matheson in it. He was from Animal House. So's he wrote from Animal House, tend to do a comedy movie about World War Two.
Speaker 2: It was like a farcicle. Oh my god, shut up in drama Spielberg.
Speaker 3: It was not good.
Speaker 2: Well that he didn't because it wasn't good and no one liked it. He didn't come back. But I thought that was really cool that he showed Jaws three months before it premiered to anyone. He showed it to Dallas, and Dallas was like yeah one gap put hell yeah, all right, ralphed everywhere. Jaws is fitty.
Speaker 1: By the way, we asked a question on our Instagram account ninety seven to one The Eagle, what is a movie that traumatized you as a kiddo?
Speaker 2: Do us a favor?
Speaker 1: Get over there and answer that question and maybe we'll read the best answers on the air. All right, Coming up next, Bill got blocked. It could be good for Texans. We'll discuss in just over three minutes. Don't go Anywhere. That's next on the Benin Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, Before