Speaker 1: We're gonna start off the podcast with remember Juananita, who writes in every couple of days with a rant about things that get on her nerves. And I said, Janita, I would love to hear you vocalize this. So here she comes, God bless her. Pee pick a little heart. Juanita has sent in a video. Now, because we have a low tech operating system here, I'm gonna have to hold my microphone up to the little speaker for you and to be able to hear this. So it's a little bit primitive, but I'm going to play a little bit of Juanita and her rant with me holding this up to the speaker. JANKI I know, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hey yo, hey, it's one even here with the video of random shit that gets on my nerves. Sorry, it took so all long to get it to you, Dave. I tried to get my husband to do it while he was watching the preseason game, and it was like follow the phone, follow the phone, because he kept fucking moving. I'm like, be still. But anyway, there's some more random shit that gets on my freaking nerves. This one has to do with my kids. So I got a fourteen and a seventeen year old. I work nights. My husband works days, so when I'm at work, he's home. When I'm home, he's at work. I can be home all day, all until I get ready to go to work. Them two kids won't say a goddamn word to me. As soon as I leave the house and punch into work, all of a sudden, I get fifteen texts a piece from each of them. You say to me when I was there? Why do you have everything to say to me now? But here's the part that pisces me off. So this is a typical texting conversation with my kids. Mom, what's for dinner? Spaghetti and me balls? Where's the palmersan cheese? It's in the cabinet. Is there any more garlic? Bread? Where's your damn dad sitting on the couch? Why the fuck would you text me? And I'm working fifteen miles away from you. Your dad's two feet away from you. Why is it that kids don't like to talk to their dad. I just don't understand it. It gets on my goddamn nerves. I'm a CINGC machinist, so I'm in the machine. I'm doing the setup of running parts in oil. Have that oil all over my fucking hands. Now you have to wipe my hands off the sea to make sure that it's not something an emergency for something wrong. Nope, Mom, have you seen my black shirt?
Speaker 3: My hat?
Speaker 2: Do I wear into this shit? Do?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: They would?
Speaker 2: I know where you're stuff at And like I said, your dad's on the fucking count, don't ask me. Thanks again for listening to my rants. I love you guys.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get any better than that. And I want to thank you personally Wannita for sing that in And I'm just so happy that that it like semi technologically worked and the recorder recorded it, so I actually watched the waveform to make sure. Word Juanita, I I want you to do this maybe once a week because his corner and I love it because you should do stand up because I love the way that you pepper in unexpected words that a mom wouldn't normally use, like what's your fucking problem? I mean it's aggressive and it's funny, and you don't normally hear a mom talk about her kids that way. So Juanita, applause to you. You actually you pretty much made the podcast today. So I'm looking for hold on, I got to find the window, and now I can't find it. Hold on, let me see if I can find it here. Oh I think I closed the window. You get a minute, a minute there, Yeah, okay, hold one, just talk about it something like amazing.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I tried the fried Ranch at the Affair and I liked it and vanted not but I want to say that, Jenny, you were talking about like the prime spot at the top at Lulu's and I got literally the exact same spot. We were like right looking down below at the line.
Speaker 3: Were you the one who posted a photo of it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Because I was like, oh, got itt And someone messages me and they're like, wait, how do you get that spot? I go, it's lost.
Speaker 4: I was like, you don't.
Speaker 3: Just like I was like, I don't have a hook up. I had a hook up to get That's why I was like, you just like gotta keep your eyes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. People watching them, Oh, we did so much people watching. I also saw a lot of people I know. Which is my favorite game to play in any public situation is who sees the person that they know first? And I won.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: But the fact, vont doesn't have any friends. He's been here a year, broke and have some friends, so that's on him.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, thanks for calling. I appreciate that. Next one, Hey, Gang, I know Dave is the only one with kids who were grown, but I'd like anybody's input as the rest of you might have nieces and nephews young age kids. My question is how young is too young to give kids electronics, cell phones or an Apple Watch? I asked because our neighbor got their six year old and Apple Watch but for security purpose aka a locator or tracker to see where their kid is. Doesn't that seem too young? Or is it normal in this day and age of the world. What happened to no electronics and just trusting they'll be okay and be back at the time they're supposed to be? Isn't it scary? We you just can't trust the world anymore? Thoughts lick lick dart, lick lick dart dart. Ooh, that's wind nice.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I think there are watches that are pretty much solely trackers. I don't know. I mean I think that if you have that available and you worry about your kids and they're in situations where you might worry about them. Sure, but I think most kids don't need a tracker, you know.
Speaker 3: I agree, Well, I don't know. I say that now as someone who is not a mother, as a person who has anxiety and thinks about what I would be like as a mother, I probably would want a tracker on my child when they're young, because I would be very nervous all the time of like if they're home ten minutes late. I used to be scared as a kid if my parents were home late from work. I thought they got in a car, so the sad died. Yeah, so like i'd know that as a parent, I'd probably I probably would give them a cell phone earlier than I thought I would, because I want them to be able to contact me.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I think it's one thing. If like you're trusting your kid to like come back home after playing with the neighbor like in the backyard, Like that's one thing. But if they're like going out to like the mall, then and you want to track them or I don't know, I because same sort of thing. If they have an adult that's keeping watch over them, then I would trust that and they don't need a tracker or like an electronic to communicate with you. But if they're there alone with their friend at the which usually you wouldn't do until you're in at least middle school anyway, then yeah, I'd want to know where my kid was and have some kind of way to contact them, be it a tracker or a cell phone.
Speaker 1: All right, on to the next one. There's a weird plethora of Minnesota goodbye emails today. Okay, so here we go, Minnesota goodbye question. All right, Flugelbinder, Ryan, I got a question that you might not even know. I listened to the morning show on iHeart, just wondering why they played different songs when there is a break. Normally older songs also will start a commercial that are on the radio. Then halfway through it'll either restart the same commercial or switch to a completely different one. Just curious, is all dart lick dart lick so long on the lick? I think it's because the if you buy a commercial, let's say that you're Coca Cola and you buy a commercial that runs on the radio station, you are not getting that same free commercial on the iHeart platform. So, in other words, there are commercials that are different priced. It's kind of like buying something over it, I don't know, like Pennies, and then buying something at Target. So just because you bought it at Pennies doesn't mean you get a free one over at Target. So there's my analogy. If you buy advertising on KATIEWB, the radio station, you don't get that same commercial for free on the iHeart app. Yeah, so there would be something different.
Speaker 4: Like local commercials are on the actual radio station because I listened to iHeart when I would be like getting ready for work and then I would listen to the radio station in my car. So on the iHeart app, yeah, you get like more nationwide commercials. I will just say sweet hack on the iHeart app. If you're listening and you're like, okay, there's been like too many songs in a row. I'm pretty sure they should be talking by this point. Just hit refresh, okay, and then it'll be like your voice talking like suddenly, and I'll be like, oh man, I should have hit refreshed earlier.
Speaker 1: I will give a shout out to the iHeartRadio app, and you're gonna make fun of me, and rightfully. So. So there's an artist named Gordon Lightfoot, and he's mostly known for the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, but he also did a bunch of other great songs, and I kind of grew up listening to his music and I had this, you know, his record and whatever. So I found the Gordon Lightfoot channel on iHeart Radio and it's like a mix of his music and other similar music. And it's on iHeartRadio and it's free, and I listened to it last night. I was out driving and I had on the Gordon Lightfoot channel, which is like, you know, like totally like not cool to listen to. But I think the cool thing was you can look for like any channel. You could do the Britney Spears channel or the I don't know name somebody current the Halsey channel, and it'll play her music interspersed with music that's similar to And it's on iHeartRadio. And I didn't really know about this. I knew you could do like, okay, classic hits or songs from the nineties, but I didn't know you could pick an artist and be like, I want Halsey and songs similar to hers. So a little plug for the iHeart app and I.
Speaker 4: Listened to all of my podcasts on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: I try to do that too. Yeah, I usually try to listen. If I find a podcast, I'll be like, well is it on the iHeartRadio app?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: So, Charis writes in she showed up the state Fair with her lovely daughter, and she's always so very sweet and supportive and we just love you. Hello, my favorite morning show crew, Charise, and I find myself needing some advice. I'll give you a condensed version. My male cousin was engaged to a young lady and they have two children together, one and two. She's twenty five and he's thirty one. By the way, they broke up in March. Since I had just broken up with my ex and was looking for an apartment, she said we should become roommates to save money. I'm too. I used to say no, and I agreed. Now that's a big thing to be nice about, like let's be roommates. Yes, I agree to be nice. I am now regretting that decision. Before we moved in. We agree to pay half the bills water, internet, gas, electric. We moved in August. First the first bill came of the mail. When I said okay, she said. I told her. She said, since she bought all the household items, she shouldn't pay as much for the bills. Now, since we are roommates, I've been purchasing my own food and cleaning supplies, dishes, toiletries. She has not purchased anything for me, and I don't expect her to. I just want to know how to have a civil discussion without yelling or arguing. We are renting a house and I stay in the basement and she has the upstairs. For context, I even bought my own microwave to put downstairs, and everything she purchased for the house and stuff that she wanted never consulted me once, and I don't mind. I never used the upstairs unless I'm doing something in the kitchen. Sorry for the long email. Any advice would be appreciated by the way. I enjoyed talking with you guys at the State Fair this past Saturday. Sharishi have beautiful eyes. I can point that out before I do anything else. You have beautiful, shockingly beautiful eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the most beautiful.
Speaker 1: I don't have any idea what to tell her. I've never had a roommate Jenny or Bailey.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, it's just it's tough because you made an agreement about the bills. So I think if she's saying she bought more household items, then you should be like, okay, well let me know how much the household items that you were willing to split with her, because you said she did buy things that she wanted for herself and then like somehow equate that to bills. So maybe knock off some of the stuff she owes you, because like, you guys did need like I'm thinking like pots and pans, right, if she bought all that, then I do see like sort of her point of view. Yeah, So I would say just like a civil conversation would be like, hey, let's just like knock out, like sit down and kind of look over the cost.
Speaker 4: Of all this, right, and it's I would definitely use the word like communal expenses, like what are these communal things that we've been using, and tell me how what the price says of those things. So and then if you kind of turn it on you, it'll feel less awkward of a situation where if you kind of approach it like so that I can make sure that we're split evenly versus saying so I can make sure you are paying the right amount, so if you put it on you, then it'll be less like you're calling her out. So that's my recommendation. And then use that word communal.
Speaker 3: And then also don't live with her again in the gesture No, I'm just kidding. I'm sure she might be lovely, but you never know.
Speaker 1: Dan writes in, And Dan is a smart ass. And you've heard Dan on the show a couple of times, and we always give Dan his backstory. Dan is probably forty ish and he's had a traumatic brain injury because he wrapped a four wheeler around a tree to the point where the two front tires touched. And he'll call in once in a while, and he's funny and he's a smart ass. He writes in It says, Dave, when you were gone the other day, the show that I absolutely really enjoyed listening to was Benny and a Chen and Bailey. So I think he's trying to make a smart ass remark that the show is better when I'm not here. Fuck you, Dan, I will only say, sincerely Dan from Apple Valley PS Bailey, xoxo.
Speaker 4: Oh Dan, thanks, that's cute.
Speaker 1: And finally I got an email from Shane from Woodberry and I really appreciate it was kind of longer email, but I'm going to I'm gonna sum it up because it is a very helpful public surface announcement email Keep your keep your pets away from your weed. Basically, they said, I've got a couple of dogs and they seem to be sick, and then I realized that they got into my weed, and that so keep your Since weed is legalized more and more common, keep all your weed away from your dog because their dog's a weed. Long story short, they had to go to the vet and it cost four hundred and twenty dollars. So be responsible with your weed products. And if I the person that did this, I will go all alien romulus on their ass. I think that means they'll pop out of their chest. Yes, exactly, And hopefully it's short enough to be read, and I would love a sticker. If so, Shane, I will send you a sticker and thank you for writing in on the Minnesota Goodbye. I am not a weed person, so I don't have to worry about that. I've tried weed enough times to know that it does not make me experience the things that I want to experience, but I saw a guy walk it through. Okay, So I was watching this movie the other night. It was called Blink Twice, and one of the things they do through the entire movie is smoke weed. They're partying on an island and they smoke weed all day, and I'm like, I don't get it. What is the pleasure Like when I drink, I get a warm, soft, little comfortable buzz, But weed makes me tense up. It heightens my awareness of every little sound, and it makes me paranoid.
Speaker 4: And I think that's a unique experience for you because like some it's like they get chill, like they chill out. So that's why they would smoke it all day. I really wish I did continue that. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I was just going to say, I think that some people can do it and some people can't, and it's all comes down to your brain chemistry almost because mine and Dave's experiences are very similar. I become paranoid, I start panicking, my heart's racing, I think I'm dying. It's pretty much my entire experience with weed. And then there's people like my boyfriend who it is like a relaxing thing for him, and I'm like, good for you. For me, I don't want to feel like I'm having a heart attack. And that's what it does to me.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it does. I feel like I am going to die. And I get up and I have to pace the floor and I'm walking back and forth and I'm going, oh my god, I'm going to die. And if it works for you, I'm glad it works for you. But I also if it worked for me and I thought, wow, I'm going to smoke this every single day, I wouldn't like that either. And I know that weed is kind of benign as far as health risks. It's not as risky as other drugs or alcohol, but I also would not want to rely on a chemical to get me through the day.
Speaker 4: I mean same with alcohol too, Like I feel like, yeah, you could end up smoking weed every day, you could end up drinking every day, but like I would feel weird not ever being sober. Yeah, yeah, either way, that would be strange to me because like, oh, I can't think completely the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like me the way I am and I like experiencing life as it comes at me, the good and the bad, And I don't want it to be filtered or negated because I'm on something that makes everything seem like it's okay. You know, Like if I had to take Josie to the vet and spend a bunch of money on her, I would want to feel that and experience that without a filter in the same way that I'd want to experience like, oh oh, I don't know, bring back sharesas story spaghetti and meat balls and garlic bread. I want to experience that fully without a chemical filter.
Speaker 4: Also, can I say too, not just hiding weed from your pets, but like anything that they could potentially ingest. That's bad. My mom's cat ate bath salts ones and he was never the same after he like he lived for quite a while, but she thought he was gonna die because he ate these like those lavender epsom sust things. Yeah, and he got into that bag that was sitting next to the bathtub, and he lost so much weight he would like stumble around. So she was like, he has cancer, but he didn't have cancer. And he ended up living like three more years, but he never gained any of that weight back. So he was like a weird skeletor cat.
Speaker 1: I didn't know dogs couldn't eat grapes. And I was about to give my dog a grape and I think somebody said, don't give your dog. I didn't know that dogs can't eat grapes. It can kill them. Did you know this?
Speaker 3: But I feel like that's not just one grape, but they have to get into I think it's just one grape. But there are plenty of food. Like they say, chocolate also is really bad for dogs too, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the grandkids were trying to feed Josie chocolate m and ms the other day and I'm like, no, no, new, stop it. And that is going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. A special shout out to Juananita for your contribution. That was very special. We've never done that before. Once a week Juanita. If you want to do that, we will feature you on the podcast. And if you want to send an email, we really we thrive on emails. Send those to ryanshow at kdwb at dot com. And if we've never read if you've never gotten a staff writer sticker and we read it, we will love to send you one to stick on your computer or your water bottle, So make sure you include your address. Ryan show at KDWB dot com