Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host the Cajun Night Jacob Mook. We're gonna start off talking about some at home conversation and controversy. Then we are going to go across the pond and talk about some things going on in different continents. Before we get started, I should give the plug for anybody who would like to join us for our Wednesday Night live conversations. The link is in the description below. Go to patreon dot com slash Cajun Nights. There's only one tier for injury. We're trying to grow this to be a every Wednesday night, open and educated conversation about the world around us. Sometimes it's technologically conversational, sometimes it's politically conversational. Sometimes it's spiritually in religious conversation. It's all over the place, right. We're growing this into its own community in its own right, and I thoroughly enjoy these Wednesday Nights. Feel like to be a part of it. Once again. Link in the description below. I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time. And also I should mention that the Cajun Night at Patreon is the only place to get the audio or the video for this. With that being said, let us talk about this now Texas. For the past few weeks we had brought up the fact that Texas Democrats took off from the state rather than coming in to vote on the thing. Right, they were afraid of the changing of the times. And yes, I understand that Trump was pushing the rezoning and redistricting laws in Texas. Of course, the Democrats are not going to be happy about it because it's going to give Republicans more seats in DC. I understand that. That being said, people, regardless of political parties, regardless of which side of which aisle they claim to have, a person who was elected to be in this position to cast votes on behalf of their constituents and then dip out instead of vote on them. I feel that as cowardice. I know that there are people that will say, well, Republicans have done that too, but I feel the same way about them, Like, please, don't think that I am throwing more credence towards Republicans or Democrats on this. Just call them side A inside B for lack of better words. Here, Side A wanted to get this thing passed. Side B decided that rather than voting for it, which is their job, they would dip out and run to other cities that are very side b ESQ. Right, doesn't matter, it's it's cowardice, it's wrong. These people need to lose their jobs. But that being said, it appears that they have finally come back and now the vote is able to be passed. Let's get an update on what is going on in the Texas House with the new congressional map.
Speaker 2: Now a, the Texas House formally voted to advance a bill that redraws the state's congressional map.
Speaker 3: It would pave the way for Texans to elect more Republicans to Congress. Throughout the day, there has been intense pushback inside and outside the House chambers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kV is Daniel perro is live at the Texas Capitol and Daniel, you were inside the House chamber when that vote happened.
Speaker 4: What was it like, Well, just a couple of minutes ago, you add, Republicans erupt in cheers after that vote inside the chamber. Shortly before that vote, we saw really quite the scene where you had all the Republicans standing at the front microphone while all the Democrats were standing at the bat microphone, which is just so symbolic for this whole debate and brutal battle that we've seen play out here inside this capital over the last several weeks. For Democrats today has always been about doing everything they can to help in the expected legal challenges to this map. HOUSEBO four would significantly change districts in Austin, Houston, North Texas, and the Rio Grande Valley. President Donald Trump wants Texas to secure five more Republican seats in the US House of Representatives. Political observers say this map would likely help accomplish that. The author of the bill, State Representative Todd Hunter, says he's confident this map is legal. Four of the five districts Republicans want to flip our majority Hispanic. Hunter notes the changes ad districts that are majority has Spanish and Black.
Speaker 5: This plan includes political considerations, public testimony, recognition of population growth, and recent changes in voter trends.
Speaker 4: Democrats say the votes of Texans of color will be diluted in this new map. They highlight how the redistricting is happening mid decade using five year old census data. They argue that this is a clear violation of the Voting Rights Act and the Constitution.
Speaker 6: It is devastating what you are doing to poor minority communities, but it's more devastating at the fact that sometimes you can hate someone so much that you will do irreparative damage to yourself. That is what you are opening yourselves up to, is.
Speaker 4: Take Several of the Democrats expressed frustration throughout the day that the proposed map was the first item lawmakers debated in the House during the second special session. Say lawmakers should instead have prioritized bills related to last month's deadly flooding across the state. Republicans say those issues are not being neglected. Six bills related to disaster preparedness, relief, and warning systems in the wake of that July flood is They are all slated to be debated on the House floor tomorrow. After the vote, the Speaker used a rare procedural move which ended the day, starting a new legislative day so lawmakers can take up the bill. They are in the process of doing that right now, and once they approve the bill for a third time, it will then go over to the Senate for consideration. In the upper chamber is expected to take up that bill tomorrow at the Texas Capital Daniel perro kV News.
Speaker 1: Okay, now it appears that the Democrats came back to work, and much to their dismay, the vote passed. So Texas is going to get redistricted. I'm sure that's an incorrect word. Apologies. The map is going to pass, right, and so it appears as of this moment that there will be four to five new Republican seats in DC for the state of Texas. Now, I understand that Trump was pushing this initiative because that's in his best interest. I understand that. But all things considered, I am happy that they finally came back to work. I feel like that was a very bad move on their part, and I don't know all the nuances associated with it. That one guy saying that this was spurned on by hatred and it was marginalizing these groups even more and all of that, I feel like, you know, I feel like that's a lot of very bold claims for rezoning a map based off of population density. But again, I don't know. I don't know. Everybody, let me know in the comments what you think about what's going on in Texas, right now, do you think this is a positive thing a negative thing? Is this all part of the overarching political agenda? You know? Do you think this is a horrible thing that's going to have irreputable damages done to certain communities. You let me know what you think, But my statement still stands regardless if you're a Republican or a Democrat, or an independent, or a libertarian or a Green Party. I don't care. If you were elected by your constituents to do a job and you decide to run away rather than do that job, I feel like you should lose your job. Tony, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I still don't know what to think of this. Part of me is a Republican and I want it, but there's no good way. There's no perfect way to do democracy. And the way a district is drawn really makes a huge impact to who gets to represent the people in it. So if you can draw a district to you know, clump all of your political enemies into very tight geographic areas, then they get way less representation. And I understand that politics really is about rewarding your friends and punishing your enemies on a certain level. But on the other hand, we want to live in a high trust society, and part of that involves making a sacrifice a little bit. And I don't know what the right answer is here, but I would err on the side of rewarding one's friends and punishing one's enemies just by instinct, I guess, so I guess I supported I.
Speaker 1: And again I don't know if this if they were using bad census data right to say that, especially in these super densely populated cities in the state of Texas, if you're trying to redistrict them, because there's for instance, we just had something happen in Baton Rouge right in Louisiana. Baton Rouge got sectioned off to where Saint George is now Georgia's independent city. The city of Baton Rouge was pissed about this, but the inhabitants of Saint George voted upon this. They got They did the whole process. It took. It started with a petition, they got it, going through to the state capitol, all the things, and they finally won it. The majority ruled on this. Right, the people spoke and they got what they had voted for. Now, I don't know if that is the case as far as this Texas conversation is concerned did the people in these new districts vote for this, did they want this to happen, or is this something that they truly feel is hurting their overall voice to be heard. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm all in favor of secession as much as possible. Yeah, And that seems like that's what Saint George did, It's what the United States did to Britain, that's what the South tried to do to uh, the North, and it's what Don Bess did to Ukraine.
Speaker 5: UH.
Speaker 7: And it's what Taiwan and Tibet kind of wanted to do to China. And in general I support that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I don't know, I'm call me a true conservative or whatever our constitutionalist, however you want to label it. I believe in the smallest level of government possible, right, I do believe in having the most representation for your vote that you can possibly have. Like I live in in a neighborhood. We have a thousand houses in this subdivision. I for the record, I hate that I live in a subdivision with the HLA neither here nor there. If this neighborhood was to have its own political entity, that could be somebody to lobby for our interests in the state capitol. At that level, a thousand houses get one political figure to have our voice be heard. I love this. That would be amazing. I know that that's way more of a micro than whatever happened, but I'm in favor of that. But again, I understand that to redistrict means that somebody is being left out in the cold right no matter what decision ever gets made, someone is getting the shit in of the stick here. So I don't want to make it sound like I'm a cold harder Republican and you know, the Democrats in Texas can just get bent. I'm not trying to have that mentality. If the data is correct, and if they are rezoning these maps based off of accurate census bureaus, then I don't really see an inherent problem with it. And it seems like the Democrats were having an issue with it and decided, well, if I can't play the game my way, I'm taking my ball and I'm going home. So and again I may be missing a couple steps here. I don't live in Texas. That's just what it looks like from the outside looking in. So I don't know what to make of it, but I am happy that everybody returned back to work, and as an auxiliary vote that was being passed at this time, I am happy that the relief fund that was supposed to go to the flood victims is getting released to them because they needed the Republicans and the Democrats to show up to work to vote on that as well. I know that that was a super second and third tier vote compared to the rezoning laws, and I hate that, but again, at least the people are getting the help that they need. That makes me happy. Suck all right, Moving on to the next topic. This actually happened last week, and I was going to bring it up last week, but just in the mix of everything else going on, I didn't get a chance to. This is from CBSU News. Excuse me, Yemen intercepts record number of Iranian weapons bound for the houthis okay. US Scentcom says, let's talk about it here. US Central Command says that Yemeny partners successfully intercepted of Jesus these ads. Of course, during the way of what I'm trying to read, Yemeny partner successfully intercepted a massive Iranian weapons shipment that was meant to reach the nation's Hoothy rebels. The Yemeni National Resistance Force Forces seized more than seven hundred and fifty tons of munitions and hardware, including hundreds of advanced cruise, anti ship and anti aircraft missiles, warheads and seekers. Senkam said. The seizure also included hundreds of drone engines, radar systems, and air defense and communication equipment, as well as manuals written in Farsi, Senkam said. Senkam said that the National Resistance Forces reported many of these systems were manufactured by a company affiliated with the Iranian Ministry of Defense. The company is under US sanctions. The mark this marked the largest seizure of Iranian advanced conventional weapons in the National Resistance Forces history. This is a direct quote here, I'm assuming from Senthkam. Yeah, it is actually from the commander of Sencom General Michael Eric Carilla, direct quote. We commanded the legitimate government forces of Yemen who continued to interdict the flow of Iranian munitions bound for the Houthis. The intradiction of this massive Iranian shipment shows that Iran remains the most destabilizing actor in the region. Limiting the free flow of Iranian support to the Houthis is critical to regional security, stability and freedom of navigation. Yemen's Hoothy rebels spent months launching drones and rocket attacks targeting military and commercial vessels in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Eden. The attacks targeted vital shipping lanes. The US conducted several military strikes against the rebel groups, and May President Trump said that the group had capitulated and the US would not carry out further strikes. The Hoothies did not comment on the alleged agreement at the time. Shocker I know the Yemeni rebels attacked the Liberian flagged cargo ship in the Red Sea on July eighth. Three people were killed, two wounded, and several others were kidnapped. The Houthis also claimed that they had attacked and sank another vessel on July seventh. The incidents have raised concerns that the Houthis may resume attacks in the area. So, while the Hoothies seemed at least what we were told as the general public is that the hoo Thies were on the back foot, they've capitulated they're stopping their their foolishness in this area. Then the Yemeni government sees seven hundred and fifty tons, was it or did I misread that? Yeah, seven hundred and fifty tons of munitions. Now I don't know how much each individual RPG weighs, right, I don't know, But either way you want to slice it, that is a pretty solid stockpile of weapons that we already know that the hoo Thies would be using. So it's a good thing to see that that got seized. I'm happy about this. At least the shipping lanes can remain open. That being said, yeah, I don't think the hoo Thies because they're an insurgent group, right, and insurgencies are not going to stop pretty much ever ever, so now they're trying to take it to the next level and stop the flow of weapons going to them. Now. Of course, Iran, being the higher Iran or however people pronounce it, is the biggest funder of the Hoothi rebels. And I don't mean just money, I mean like weapons being shipped from point A to point B. So overall good things that this weapons shipment was seized. But how do we know that this wasn't also a diversion to where two and three and four other shipments made it to them. We haven't really heard of anything from the Hoothi rebels in this area in a little while. Is that because they have finally capitulated or because they also don't have the weapons to shoot? I think both they are equally viable.
Speaker 7: I think they still have some missiles to shoot. And to my knowledge, they've still shut down the Red Sea for any ships to go into Israel, So any ships going from China to Israel, for example, have to go all the way around Africa. That's still true.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: The Many said, well, I should say. The Houthi said they're not going to attack any more US ships, but they reserved the right to attack any ships bound for Israel, and Trump said that was good enough, and both declared victory. I would characterize the Huthies as the government of Yemen and the de facto government of Yemen. They they roll over about eighty percent of the population. And this other national army of resistance that you're mentioning, I think it's way out in the eastern part of the country, which is much more sparsely inhabited, but This is the result of a civil war in Yemen that went on from twenty fifteen until I guess it's still going on. But the Huthis have grown a lot in power from twenty fifteen to twenty twenty or so, and they basically do control the country now, and they control Hodata and Sona, and they got access to the Red Sea. That's for Iran. This is actually a little surprising to me because most of the things I read about Iran right now say that Iran's trying to build up its own missile stockpiles fast as it can because they think that war, another war with Israel, a bigger one, is inevitable.
Speaker 1: Has been saying that since Israel was founded, though that's nothing new.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it is new. I think Iran and Israel never really attacked each other until a few months ago with missiles. There were a few terrorist attacks here and there, but like a huge barrage of missiles back and forth, that never happened, and they both, to my knowledge anyway, they both kind of ran out of missiles. So they're both building up as many missiles as they can. In the next wave that happens is going to be ten times bigger.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Okay, So a couple of things questions to you, Tony here. Now, the weapons that were sees, they did say there was a lot of drones, a lot of motors for drones and things like that. So maybe it wasn't so much missiles. I'm sure there were some. But I also it wouldn't shock me to hear that Iran is selling the who these uh you know, not their best missiles that they have, just kind of their older stuff that we notoriously the Huthis cannot hit the broadside of a barn with the missiles that Iran is sending them. This is not me taking an opportunity to take a stab at the Iranian military. I'm saying that they're probably selling them very antiquated things just to kind of give them something, and hey, if they happen to hit something with it, then awesome. If not, then well it's not like Iran missed it. Anyway. That being said, yeah, Iran is trying to build back their own military stockpileot this time, I'm with you one hundred percent. But at the same time, also you said that Chinese ships going to Israel. Now, yes, the Huthis have said that they will no longer hit US ships or try to try to hit US ships, which is very smart of them. Does China and Israel have a open trade relationship. I know that China is one of the biggest manufacturers on Earth, but I don't really know much about the China Israel connections.
Speaker 7: I was just thrown out China as a stand in for anyone in Asia, basically anything from Asia. I don't know how good that relationship isn't. My overall impression is that the Israeli Chinese relationship is getting worse and worse with time. That's my overall impression.
Speaker 1: I could imagine because they're Belt and Road initiative, it seems like China is giving a lot of Arab countries the hookup. So it just seems like enemy of my enemy and friend of my enemy kind of conversation here. I don't know that for a fact, right, So to say that China being really tight with Pakistan, for instance, doesn't inherently mean that China is anti Israel. But at the same time, if they're hooking up Pakistan, I can't imagine that they are also inherently friends to Israel as well. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think they used to have a better relationship. In fact, Chinese espionage on US military technology used to involve Israel. So America gave away some well, America gave away I think two heads up displays for some fighter jets, and one of them found its way to China, but both of them had to go through Israel first. Israel got those two heads up displays and I guess they somehow somebody gave it in an unauthorized way to China. So the US was unhappy about that, but the US didn't make a big deal out of it.
Speaker 1: Well, of course not as the Americans can or excuse me, the United States government can obviously never be mad at Israel about anything ever. So you know, that's just kind of one of those things that we brushed on into the rug, just like so many others, so many other things. But you know what, as we're going into that comp natural segue, if you will, let's talk about what is going on with Israel right now. So if you were on the Live last night, you heard that we talked a little bit about this red heifer sacrifice in Israel. And we're not gonna spend no real amount of time talking about that this evening. All the reports that I can find say that it was a rehearsal, and it happened in early July. As a matter of fact, I don't know why that is just now making its way to the American conversation as far as news and media and things go. But all right, there are some some people out there that are saying that actually it was a secret, correct ritual sacrifice and all the things. I'm not really going to spend much time talking about that this evening. Was it was it not? I don't know. I'm not Jewish, It's not really my shtick. But that being said, it's odd that that would potentially line up with Israel entering the first stages of a full on Gaza City assault. I got an article or excuse me, a video pulled up here from NBC News. Let's listen to what is going on. As of time of.
Speaker 8: Recording, it has firm that Israel has entered the first stages of its planned assault on Gaza City, and Israeli military officials says it happened after a clash with Hamas. That official also says Israel's military already has a hold on the outskirts of the city. It comes just hours after Israel said it would call up sixty thousand reservists for the Gaza City offensive. That is in addition to the seventy thousand already serving. Let's get right to NBC's International course bond At Danielle Hamamjin Danielle. What more do we know right now about this assault and what happens next?
Speaker 3: It doesn't come as a big surprise, although it's coming pretty quickly. I must say, Christine, as you say, sixty thousand reservists called up, an additional twenty thousand will see their service extended. This is a massive operation they've called Gideon's Chariots two. There are eight thousand people, eight hundred thousand people living in that area. For Palestinians, this will mean that the thousands will be forced to go from northern Gaza to southern Gaza. The IDEF says that in order to minimize harm to civilians, the IDEF will warn the population and allow them to evacuate from maneuver areas for their protection. Now, when Palestinians hear the word evacuation, Christine, this is usually codeword for displacement, and it comes with a visceral fear that they'll never be able to return again. This is all coming as we wait for an official response by Benjamin Netanyahu on the proposal, the ceasefire proposal the Hamas has agreed to. It's been now almost forty eight hours, and so speaking to Palestinians in Gaza over the past twenty four hours, many were hoping for a truce and now and now this, and they will tell you they don't believe this operation is to stop Hamas from regrouping. They believe this is the beginning of the full occupation of Gaza and the complete and total displacement, or the attempt totally displaced, displaced the entire population of the Gaza strip.
Speaker 1: We thank you for watching, and remember stay all right. So as peace talks were allegedly trying to take place, there is also a full scale assault going on into Gaza. Now, I know, I know this is to the shock of everyone listening, right that being said, Yeah, it's it's not exactly playing out the way that everybody had hoped. Doesn't look like this is going to be wrapped up anytime soon. And oddly enough, some of the more liberal platforms for lack of better words are actually starting to see the insurgency for what it is. It's not a it's not a comfortable conversation. I am not in favor of some sort of a mass genocide going on anywhere on Earth for any reason. I'm not in favor of that. However, there was a conversation once upon a time, right when America pulled out of Iraq. We founded something called the Sons of Iraq. And essentially there was these Iraqis that were not in favor of Al Qaeda, they were not in favor of any of these terrorist organizations, they were not in favor of isol later ISIS, and so American forces trained up the bear with me here, the most adequate Iraqis that they had, and I use the term adequate very loosely, to try to fight against isol and ISIS and all these other terrorist organizations, basically saying, hey, this is your country, you should fight for it. Here's some weapons, here are some training, go take back your country. We're not trying to be an imperialist power and take new territory for America. You should have control over Iraq. So they started, The Sons of Iraq did not go well. I should mention but at least that was the thought process, right. There was at one time a conversation to say that we should have a Sons of Palestine. Right, we should take the moderate Palestinians who do not want Hamas to be their ruling class the same way like you said, Tony, the Houthis are kind of the ruling class of Yemen right now. There are people in Yemen that do not like the Huthis. They acknowledge them to be a terrorist organization. It's a minority, I should mention, but beside the point, they do exist. So if you were to give these people in Yemen some weapons, some training, and say, hey, there's the Huthi rebels, go handle it, go get after it. In theory on paper, that would play out well, except Yemen, like you said, has been in a civil war for a little while, and all that would be doing is adding gasoline to a bonfire that's already full blaze. So it's not a good situation there. This idea was proposed as far as the Sons of Palestine. You find some moderate Muslim people who do not want Hamas to be in charge of them, and let them go fight Hamas for you and take back Gaza, take back the West Bank and run it in a purely Palestinian, non harmas way. However, there have been more and more videos, in real time videos, and I know people are gonna say that it's all propaganda, and I'm not one hundred percent denying that, but just bear with me here. There was a video I recently saw it. By recently, I mean within the last forty eight hours of Israeli troops that were clearing a schoolhouse in Gaza, okay, And you could tell that they were in one room and you saw a picture of you know, the human organs and things like that. It was it was obvious like an elementary to middle school. If I'm gonna use like an American term to describe the schoolhouse itself. It was that level of education for that level of adolescence, right. It wasn't like a kindergarten class by any means, but it was, you know, also not like a college. It was somewhere I would say, possibly middle school. And you could see these Israeli troops that were doing like a CQB or close quarters combat to clear these rooms in this schoolhouse. Okay, cool. They roll from one room, they push out, go down the main hallway and literally across the hallway from the classroom where we had a diagram of the human anatomy and a diagram of the periodic table of elements and all these things in era by my dad, you had a weapons cache. And this was not a weapons cash as in a few guns that possibly the security liaison, which I understand is an inherently American thing. But bear with me again, it's not like this was a couple of guns that possibly the school of security or police officer would have in his office.
Speaker 9: This was crates of aks, RPGs, belt fed rpk's, and then also there was wooden and plastic versions of these weapons for the children to train with.
Speaker 1: It is so systemic in the Palestinian culture to fight against their quote unquote Israelia pressors that realistically, if the world not America, not Israel, if the powers that be were to create a Sons of Palestine organization to fight against Tamas, they very well may take out Hamas. It's very unlikely, but it's possible, right, It's possible they would retake Palestine to be a free and independent place in the Palestinian image, except the instant that Hamas was gone. They would then turn those weapons on Israel and we would have it literally would be a wash, because they would then start fighting the Israeli quote unquote opressors, and we would be back in this conversation like we are right now. There's no way to root out an insurgency than to actually pull it up by the roots. And that sounds horrible, and I do not mean in a genocidal way. What I'm saying is that for decades now it has been a systemic thing that they're even training their children in how to do guerrilla warfare for Israel or against Israel. It's not a pretty conversation. And as I started doing more digging into this rap hole, that wasn't a one off. There's multiple schoolhouses where these children are being taught how to use weapons and how to hit certain very critical infrastructure in Israel. There was a map in another classroom as a matter of fact, of Israel, with all of it being one color, not a dual state solution by any means. All of the Israeli cities were renamed in Arabic, and it wasn't like they put Tel Aviv in Arabic writing. They renamed it an entirely different name, as if Palestine had taken over and killed all the Jews and made it what it is. They are teaching this to their children, as if this is a dream that they should aspire to achieve.
Speaker 7: What'd you call that dead naming?
Speaker 1: I you know, is that dead naming? Is this a Bruce Jenner slash Caitlyn Jenner conversation? I don't know?
Speaker 7: Is dead naming? In two ways? Tell me it's the name it was before nineteen forty seven, number one and number two. It's the name it would be if all the Jews laughter died, right, it's dead naming.
Speaker 1: Actually dead like dead naming. Yeah, yeah, I see what you're saying there. So again, I am not in favor of Israel Israeli troops killing women and children. I'm never gonna be okay with a war fighter on any front ever, killing innocence to further their goals. Ever, that being said, we also cannot side step the fact that even the children are taught to take up arms against their oppressors. It's it's a very very muddy, bad situation.
Speaker 7: Okay, I got I got a take on this. I think the idea would be a great idea. It presumes though, that that Israel wants a peaceful Palestinian state to live next to, and I think they do not that they do not. Israel actually wants a simmering conflict. They want to control the height at the flame. That yeah, who has said that twice? Yeah, that's why Israel pressured the Treasury Department of the United States and the government of Qatar to uh so Kataris gave money to Hamas. Katar didn't want to give money to Hamas. Katar said, the US Treasury Department is going to sanction us if we do that. So the Israelis went to the Treasury Department of the United States, So please don't sanction Katar if they do this. In the Treasury Department under I think it was under yell and said, okay, it might have been before that.
Speaker 1: Weird a weird. Uh, it's all you ever seen John Wick?
Speaker 7: No, I actually haven't.
Speaker 1: First of all, homework for you, Tony. You must watch it, not that you don't have to watch all five of them or eighteen of them. I forget what john Wick were on right now. It's kind of it's becoming people, it's becoming fast and furious the first one was excellent, ye second one kind of third, fourth, and all the rest of them. It's like y'all are getting way off in the weeds here. But beside the point, there's this hotel called the Continental, and basically, this one spot on Earth is seen as neutral ground. No killing can be done here. It is a meeting place, It is a place of business, is a place of all these things. Qatar is kind of seen like that, right. It is the place where, Oh you're from Russia, you're from America. Well, y'all can have a meeting in Qatar, but neither of y'all better start drawing weapons on each other or it's gonna be bad for everybody. If y'all want to have a civil conversation, Qatar is the spot Israel and Palestine, y'all want to come to the table. Qatar is a good spot. They have tables there and you could play ball there kind of thing. But yeah, it's a very loose, loose translation of this time. But continue, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: There was a hotel called the Continental in Munich, and my great great uncle Frontz died in a boiler explosion there in nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's just a complete.
Speaker 7: Coincidence, but it's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 1: But is it a coincidence? Is that where Nazis met with other I'm sorry, good.
Speaker 7: Well, maybe they did later. I actually had two uncle Frances. My next uncle, Franz was born in nineteen twenty and named France, and then he died in Demyance in nineteen forty two. And then my dad was named France after him. And my dad's still alive today, so he lived longer than both of them put together.
Speaker 1: Damn the war killed him.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, he was in the lift of offa. He was on the ground on patrol, and in nineteen forty two he he just died. We're not one hundred percent sure what happened to him, and I've been trying to find out because the Russian government has great archives, but I was given a URL I can't access. So maybe somebody can help me with that. Someday, get a vpndue.
Speaker 1: You might be able to get it that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll try that anyway. Qatar has in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia have a lot of very radical Muslims who want to, you know, send money to al Qaeda and ISIS abroad, but then they got the governments that want to clamp down on Muslim extremism. And I would say Israel, they want to keep these Gulf states in power, like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan, but they want most other Arab states to be dissolved. So that's they got their way in Syria most recently, and in Yemen kind of recently. The Hohothies control most of Yemen, but it's still a fractured state, and it's got a history of being fractured even in the sixties and earlier. And they especially got their way in Libya. So you know, give them, give them money and weapons to a group to overthrow its government can sometimes just permanently fracture a country. And I think Somalia even had that happen. I'm never sure what exactly is going on there. It always seems fractured. But the Israelis do want to keep the Saudi royal family in charge as much as possible. They prefer that over the devil. They don't know there. The Saudi royal families. The devil they know, and they get along pretty well, right, And I know I'm getting kind of distracted, but yeah, Jamas. I think it'd be a great thing if there could be a peaceful government in Palestine. But from the point of view of many Palestinians, especially in Gaza, they've tried peaceful protests. In twenty eighteen there was a large scale one called the March of the Great Return. They all carried signs within about three hundred feet of the fence that divided Israel from Gaza, and three hundred feet is about as close as you're legally allowed to go there. And Israeli snipers would snipe a few of them, so I don't know how many died. It's nothing compared to the current bloodshed. It was probably a couple dozen. But one guy in a wheelchair got hit. And they were hitting guys in their kneecaps, you know, specifically to cripple them instead of kill them. And Israeli true if they would post these to telegram and say, oh hey, look I got one. So just never got any play in American media, mainstream media, but within the Arab world, they pissed a lot of people off. And Israel does want a certain amount of simmering conflict with Palestine all the time. They don't want it to die down too low that the border will just freeze. And at the same time, they don't want it. They don't want it in October seventh, every day, right, they just want enough going on that they can keep the gears moving. And as long as the gears keep moving, what we just watched in that video is Israel's gonna take over the northern half of the Gaza script and push everyone there into the south. And then you know, phase two, question mark, phase three, question mark. They don't know exactly what's next, but they they know what direction to push in and they're gonna push in that direction. Just keep on making them miserable, keep pushing them more and more out of the way. Gaza was never part of historic Israeli either if you go back to like Wikipedia, where you know you see who try which tribe controlled what. It was never part of Judah. It was never part of Isakar or Manassa or any of the northern ones Ashdat, Ashkalan, and Gaza. They were in the far back.
Speaker 1: You go and do because there's one conversation that saved from the river to the sea. I've seen maps of like Judea at its largest, and there are those that say that that is clearly the land that is being talked about here when it's like, but you're talking about like half of Saudi Arabia in that conversation as well. And I don't agree with that for the record, but there are those that are of that standpoint. So when you say that Gaza was never a part of true Judea, like which at which point in history are we talking.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about about seven hundred BC to Jesus, it's time, I believe. I believe even in Jesus's time it was Philistia. I could look it up, it would just take me a while. I can't. Really, No, I'll get it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. I get it. I mean we and we recently. I just had this conversation with somebody, I think either today or yesterday as a matter of fact, talking about when Rome was in charge of the land of Judea. They even called it Judea until the Jewish revolt, right when they tore down the temple and all these things in seventy a d. They renamed the Lamb Palestine. It was never supposed to be called that, but the Romans reclassified at that after the Jewish Uprising. I mean you ever seen the movie ben Her.
Speaker 7: Uh? Yeah, I saw like half of it.
Speaker 1: Oh. First of all, if you only saw the first half, then you only see that was the worst half. The second half is where things pick up. But neither here nor not the new one, Not the new one, the original one, Charles. Yes, dude, Yes, that's legendary cinematography. Not to mention the chariot race that takes place. We're talking about stuntmen that were actually getting trampled by horses. There was no CGI like I mind blowing, mind blowing movie magic, neither here nor there. The Judaean like princely class, the Royalty of Judaea and all that. Although they were under Roman occupation, there was still a quid pro quo as far as it goes. If you want something to happen in Judea, yet, you could come in there with your legions and you could force it upon the people. But that's not going to go well. They understood that the land was ruled by Jews or by the Hebrews or Israelis or whatever they would have called it at the day and age. Palestine as a word didn't come around until after the revolt took place. They reclassified the land as Palestine, and it's been ran as that ever since. So it's I don't know where Gaza was as far as prior to the time of Jesus or any of that, but I thought it was kind of in the same conversation as Judea. Yeah, you had Felicitia, you had the Philistines or Philistines, however you want to say it, that were occupying this land. But they were always enemies of the Jews, and at one point in time they were a very very small tribe. They held a very small portion of land. I mean, I guess that could be what we will call Gaza today.
Speaker 7: Possibly well what I'm looking at some maps right now, it chose the Kingdom of Judah was completely landlocked for its entire history, and the coastline was called Philistine city states including Ashdot and ashkal On, which are in Israel now but not Gaza, which well, Gaza is going to be in Israel soon, I guess. And in the Hasmonium period, which is like four hundred BC to Jesus's time almost or maybe one hundred BC, Yeah, it was it was still Philistine, and the word philistine or Palestine goes back at least as far as four sixty BC, because that's when Herodotus wrote about it and that's when he lived. So there's been lots of conflicting names about this area going back all the way to probably a thousand BC. And it's not just one area, there's many. Of course, there's the twelve Tribes of Israel and like Issachar and Manassa and Dan and I forget all the rest, but there's you know, it's subdivided quite a.
Speaker 1: Bit, twelve tribes, but only subdivided into ten areas because Dan got kicked out and then the Levites didn't inherit Land, so you had ten tribes, ten sections. I'm with you. I'm with you on that.
Speaker 7: But Manassa and Dan and one of the other ones were actually east of the Jordan River. So that makes me wonder does Israel wanted that back too, because they seem to prefer the Hashemite government Jordan and they consider that the devil. They know, they don't want that to be a fractured stake, but that could change. I think that probably will change. I think within our lifetime, within the next fifty years, there will probably be an Israeli war with Jordan, and we won't be talking about the west bank of the Jordan River anymore. We will be talking about the east bank.
Speaker 1: If that was to take place. So the Jordanian king right now, he's not a fan of net and Yahoo. He's not a fan of Israel. However, he sees them as a necessary evil in the short term, you know. And the Kingdom of Jordan, the last time that they actually took an offensive against Israel from not mistaken, was during the Sixth Day War, right when they had all these nations come at them at the exact same time. Egypt tried taking the southern portion. Jordan tried to jump in and into the mix to expand their own territory. But that was the last time that Jordan actually took a offensive stance against Israel. At one point in time, they took kind of a you know, everybody, I was telling middle fingers at each other, but nobody was firing or shot. Then they got to the point of where the Jordanian king and net and Yaho are very tense. I'm afraid to call them allies. I feel like that might be a misnomer as well. But they don't hate each other, but they don't love each other either.
Speaker 7: Most of the Arab world, especially the anti Israel world, sees Jordan as sewn up by Israel and a friend of Israel. So when Iran was launching a bunch of missiles at Israel a couple of months ago, geographics Jordan's right in between, and Jordan's shot down a lot of them. So you know, I'd say Jordan is still mostly on Israel's side, and Israel isn't going to let that government fall. That's also the reason that the Muslim Brotherhood is not designated the designated a terrorist organization because there's about a million members of the Muslim Brotherhood in Jordan.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm sorry, Since when is the Muslim Brotherhood not listed as a terror organization?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure it's still not.
Speaker 1: By who I know is in America, Darth they I.
Speaker 7: Mean, I would have to look that up. I maybe I'm remembering back to when they weren't, but I know that it's been under consideration.
Speaker 1: Now you got me messed up. I'm gonna look this up. Now. Is the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization in America? Because I mean, every country lists their own, like the ira is considered a terrorist organization Ireland. I don't think America has that designation, so, like, you know, I get it, but hold on.
Speaker 7: They were formed in Egypt in nineteen twenty eight and they're really big and uh in Jordan. Right now, this is gonna we should probably pause or something.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I'm I'm gonna look this up. Let's see, we're we're I'm Google searching this one at this moment. Let's see what pops up.
Speaker 7: Even just Ai mode isn't considered a terrorist.
Speaker 1: Ye, yeah, Ai is generating answer. Let's see. Several countries, including Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, bah Rain, Jordan, Austria, and Russia, have officially designated the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization. So Jordan has them listed as a terrorist organization. Some of these designations have been relatively recent, with Austria and Jordan joining the list in recent years. However, the United States has not, to your point, Tony, the United States has not designated the Muslim Brotherhood as a whole as a foreign terrorist organization. While multiple US allies in the Middle East and Europe have taken such action, the US stance is more nuanced. The US has, however, designated several affiliates of the Muslim brotherhoods such as Hamas and Hassum, as terrorist organizations. So okay, so I was not up to date.
Speaker 7: Jordan has banned the Muslim Brotherhood earlier this year, it says, So my information was out of date, But I don't feel too bad.
Speaker 1: As was mine. I honestly thought America had the Muslim Brotherhood listen as a terrorist group. So we were both equally the wrong and equally right on this one. This is interesting times, but neither here nor there. So I don't know. I think that Jordan, like you said, I'm not saying they're a full on Israeli puppet. I don't want to go that route with it. But the Jordanian king absolutely sees Israel in if we're gonna, if we're gonna put it on like a pH scale, it is just upwards on the positive side of neutrality. He's definitely he's definitely more in favor of NET and Yahoo than he is against him. And I'm I feel comfortable making that statement at.
Speaker 7: Least, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I don't know what's gonna shake out with all this. I don't want to see innocence uh murdered for Hamas to get their way or for the IDEF to get their way either. I've said this before. If we're looking for some sort of a good guy in the conversation, none can be found own honestly, And I'm not saying that every single person in Palestine is evil. I am not saying that every single idea of soldier is evil. Just don't don't misinterpret my words here. The people that are actually calling the shots on this one, I don't believe that there's anyone there actually acting on the side of morality and justice anymore. To be honest, I don't. I am personally just Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob. I don't think this entire situation in Israel and gods and all that was ever a morality thing. And I understand, Oh do you do you remember what Hamas did when they came in and they took the hostages and all that. I'm person of the belief that was a part of a plan. Maybe this is just my conspiratorial brain coming out, but I find it very odd that Biden randomly found six billion dollars to give to Iran for some prisoners quote unquote, even though the whole stipulations to that deal was very, very weird, and nobody actually could make sense of why we gave six billion to Iran. Next thing, you know, Iran being a super you know, supporter, let's let's leave it, a supporter of Hamas. Next thing, you know, Hamas has all of these weapons, all of this man power, all of that is around the Israeli border, and Moussad I don't even think it's an argument to be said, Mussad being the greatest intelligence organization on earth as of this moment, especially over there quote unquote open air prison of Gaza. If we believe that they missed, they they just didn't see the amassing of troops and the amassing of weapons, and the paragliders and all these they missed one hundred percent. They just had no clue and got caught with their pants down, because that's something that Moosad does. Ever. But all right, I am person of the belief that at the powers that be, I mean, you want to drop names and say that in Yahoo or Biden or whatever, maybe yes, maybe no, But I believe that the true powers that be knew that it was going to take place, allowed it to take place so it could kickstart the entire conflict as we see unfolding before our eyes. So I don't believe that there are any good guys to be found anywhere in this conversation. Just me.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I feel like it's like Pearl Harbor and FTR wanted Pearl Harbor to happen, yep, and Israeli Zionis wanted the October seventh attack or something like it to happen. Maybe not exactly on that scale. Maybe they would have preferred it to be a little less, but they needed something like that to exploit.
Speaker 1: I think it's the USS independence. I think it is Pearl Harbor. I think it is the Gulf of Tonkin. I'm not saying that there wasn't a shit that exploded. I'm not saying that lives weren't lost. I'm not saying that it was a complete false flag and it was a complete op. What I'm saying is the attack was allowed to happen.
Speaker 7: Presumed that these border guards they should have been training for what happens if you have a breach? What do you do? That should just be part of training, you know, drills every week or so. I assume that our troops and our border patrol do stuff like that, yes, and I guess the Israeli border patrol never did anything like that at all. That's my problem.
Speaker 1: They do get trained in that. I know for a fact that they get trained in that, So that's my point. So they just got caught slipping by their alleged open air prison population. The prison guards just happened to be missing that day and the prisoners were able to take over the prison and launch an invasion. I have a hard time believing the comedy of errors that occurred to where that could happen personally. So yeah, as far as this conversation goes, I hope that this hit whole Gaza Israel thing gets resolved sooner rather than later. That being said, as Israel is launching Phase one of their Gaza offensive, I don't think it's gonna get wrapped up anytime soon. So anyway, we will keep everybody posted on this as it plays out into the future. Now back to the conversations at hand again, This is from about a week ago, and I meant to bring it up last week, but I thought it was actually kind of funny and it is a weird segue into the Russia Ukraine conversation. So Sony closes all operations in Russia after eighteen years, ending PlayStation, music and film presence. Now, I'm not saying that this is gonna cripple Putin and cripple Russia. Don't misinterpret my words here, But I'm just saying it's funny that Sony, of all things, a gaming company and a music company, and yes they have their hand in movies as well, decide that they are going to be pulling out of all Russian business. Let's read it in here. This is from United twenty four Media. Sony has formally ended its presence in Russia, dissolving its local subsidiary, Sony Mobile Communications Roots on August eleventh. According to the United States Register of Legal Entities, the Japanese technology company had operated in Russia since two thousand and six, marking and eighteen year presents. Liquidation documents were submitted to the facts A Federal tax service in October twenty twenty four, following an earlier unsuccessful attempt to close the business in twenty twenty three, and its final year is a subsidiary primarily sold remaining stock and provided device servicing. Sony announced its devices I'm Sorry its decision to exit Russia shortly after the full scale invasion of Ukraine in February twenty twenty to joining other companies in supporting international sanctions. In March twenty twenty two, the corporation halted console shipments, suspended PlayStation store operations, and donated two million dollars to assist Ukrainians affected by the war through the UN and Save the Children. Sony Pictures Entertainment also stopped releasing films in Russia, while Sony Music ceased operations in September twenty twenty two, removing foreign catalogs from local streaming services and spinning off its Russian division into an independent label. In twenty twenty four, the company began closing its branded stores in Russia, completing the process by summer due to the lack of product supply. Financial results reflect the decline a net loss of one point four to three billion ruples, which is about fifteen point nine We could round that up to sixteen million dollars in twenty twenty two and give or take five point nine million in twenty twenty three, followed by a modest profit of one point two million in twenty twenty four. These are USD by the way, I say the million generated solely from warranty and administrative services. Revenue dropped by approximately seventy six percent over the period earlier. A March twenty fifth report by Russian consulting firm KEPT found that about sixty two percent of Western companies with significant assets in Russia had exited since the start of the full scale invasion of Ukraine, with most transferring assets to domestic buyers or local management. So again, it's not I'm not saying that Sony is going to be the thing that ends the war by any means, but it's yet another company, and it's a Japanese company at that, that have pulled out full stop from Russia because of the situation there. Now, Trump is confident that the Russia and Ukrainian leaders will meet, despite Russian doubts. For anybody that missed it, Putin and Trump had a very good meeting in Alaska, Yeah, saying that they came to an agreement, but it seemed that both parties left that meeting feeling very good about the meeting. Ukraine, obviously, Zelenski is very pissed that that meeting took place without him, But we got to get to it right. We got to start the process some way, shape or form. Trump had already met with Zelensky and finally got him to the conversation right and said that, hey, we will launch our mining operations on the eastern side of Ukraine. If you agree to this, we will bring Russia to the table to have these conversations. Zelensky was pissed, but he finally agreed and said, fine, we will give you the mineral rights as long as you can end this war. Russia said, no, no way in hell, we have no interest in any this warring time soon. Now. Trump and Putin just met in Alaska. They both left feeling very good about it. Let's listen in on some of the possible conversations that took place there. This is from a local four from Detroit. Let's listen in. Where and when?
Speaker 10: Those are the two big questions surrounding President Trump's wish to have the leaders of Russia and Ukraine meet face to face to finally end this war. But today the Russians are publicly sounding less committed to a meeting with Ukrainians than President Trump. Had expressed, as Monica Alba shows US. This comes as attacks in eastern Ukraine continue.
Speaker 1: To ramp up.
Speaker 11: President Trump continuing to express confidence that the leaders of Russia and Ukraine could soon meet face to face to negotiate an end to their three and a half years long war.
Speaker 12: We're going to try and stop it, and I think we have a good shot.
Speaker 11: But today the Russians are throwing cold water on that mind, the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov saying that talks between lower level Russian and Ukrainian officials must take place before sit down between the country's presidents is set. Lavrov adding that discussions about security guarantees for Ukraine now taking place among US and European leaders, but not the Russians, are a quote road to nowhere. Despite that, more than third NATO military leaders held a video conference today to talk about what security guarantees for Ukraine which would satisfy both Ukraine and Russia might look like. It comes after another intense night of Russian bombing in eastern Ukraine. Officials there say sixty drone strikes injured more than a dozen people.
Speaker 7: The Russians have no interest and they've demonstrated no interest in stopping this war.
Speaker 11: Former Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor says Russia has no incentive to negotiate with Ukraine.
Speaker 7: He said, They're going to drag it out.
Speaker 5: They want to continue to pound the Ukrainians until they get what they want, and that's why standing up to them is the only way to do it.
Speaker 11: Some lawmakers now urging the president to get tougher on President Putin.
Speaker 7: I think the only way to do that if he does not move forward quickly with this summit or with a ceasefire, is with very strong sanctions.
Speaker 11: The White House has not said where a meeting between Vladimir Putin and Voladimir Zelenski could take place or when, but an administration official said Budapest, Hungary, and Geneva Switzer are two possible locations that are being discussed. Monica Alba, NBC News, Washington.
Speaker 10: President Trump insists that US troops will not be deployed to help protect Ukraine after the war is over, but the President says the US could provide air support to the Ukrainians.
Speaker 1: We'll have much.
Speaker 10: More from Washington, d C on nightly News tonight.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, So that was from NBC. I should add, so the meetings seem to have gone well, and again they're not saying anything that we haven't said before. A quick expedient into this conflict is in the best interest of everybody. Yeah, duh. That was the entire point. This special military operation was only supposed to last two weeks. We are at three and a half years of it as of this moment. I believe we're gonna see the fourth year old around. But again, it seems like Putin might be more willing as of this particular moment in time to come to the negotiation table. I don't know if that's a true statement or not. I only have hopes. Now, let's talk about Trump's security guarantees quote unquote for Ukraine and it does this actually line up with what we just heard. Let's listen in This is from WMAZ thirteen.
Speaker 12: Yes, and European allies pushing ahead with plans for how to protect Ukraine if the war with Russia comes to an end.
Speaker 8: A potential summit with the leaders of both of those warring nations continues to be negotiated.
Speaker 1: Netlie Brand has more details for the Whitehouse.
Speaker 13: Ukraine says a drone strike overnight injured fourteen people, including young children. President Vladimir Zelinsky says a separate attack damaged five apartment buildings, and he called for strong security guarantees to ensure a truly, reliable and lasting peace. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio is discussing what form that could take with European allies, as NATO defense chiefs hold a virtual meeting today to continue working out details. Russia is sounding off against any NATO troops on the ground in Ukraine, with the Foreign Minister saying discussing security issues without Russia is a quote road to nowhere. The Kremlin is also not confirming that Russian President Vladimir Putin will participate in direct talks with Ukrainian President Zelenski, but the White House as Putin promise President Trump he would take part.
Speaker 14: I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: There are many options that are being discussed by our national security team right now with both parties.
Speaker 13: Source tells CBS News Budapest, Hungary, is one city under consideration for the Putin Zelensky talks. The White House hopes to have a date and location set by later this week.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe I'm just speaking on behalf of myself here. But even if you were to get Zelenski and Putin into a room together, I have a hard time believing that they would have a productive conversation to actually bring about the end of the war. I feel like both of them are very eageric dudes, And I'm not saying that to shit on one side or the other. I think that's just kind of the nature of the beast on this one. Zelenski wants Crimea to be back into the realm of the Ukrainian people, and Putin wants to at least keep the lands that have already been taken up until this point, I don't see them coming to any kind of real agreement on this. However. Trump whispers a crazy Putin deal theory to Emmanuel Macron in a hot mike moment. This just happened, as a matter of fact, let's talk about it. Trump's comments came during a Monday meeting with European leaders as he looks to secure a peace deal between Russian and Ukraine. Uh, this is a video. We're gonna play that in just a second, but let's just read about it first. President Trump was heard in a hot mic moment whispering to French President Emmanuel Macrone. Yes, the same Macrone that is married to a dude that people call brigit. But conversation for another day. And Kennice owens that he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin wants to make a peace deal for the US. Leader Trump is really of the belief that he is so smooth at talking that he's got Putin eating out of the palm in his hand, and he really wants to make it happen, remarking the hunch even sounded crazy to him, direct quote, I think he which is Putin, wants to make a deal. I think he wants to make a deal for me. You understand that Trump was heard telling Macrone ahead of a multilateral meeting with European leaders Monday, as crazy as it sounds. Top European leaders converged on the White House Monday when Trump haild his highly anticipated meeting with Ukrainian President Zelensky in the hopes of brokering a peace deal between Russia and Ukraine, a middle ward that has raged since the winter of twenty twenty two. Trump spoke with the European leaders following his meeting with Zelensky, which included discussions on quote unquote security guarantees for Ukraine, which guarantees would be provided by the various European countries with a coordination with the United States of America. Trump said on Truth's Social Monday of the meeting, so let's see five key moments now, I'm not worry about that. European leaders who joined the meeting at the White House Monday included Macrone, Finished President Alexander Stubb, Italian Prime Minister Georgia or yeah, I think Georgia Maloney, UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer, German Chancellor Frederick Murrs, and European Commissioner President Ursula von der Leyton and NATO Secretary General Mark Root. Macrone joined NBC News following the White House meeting and was asked point blank about Trump's comments to him. There is a direct quote here. What went through your head when he said that to you, NBC's Christian Welker asked Macrone after the transcript of Trump's exchange with mcrone earlier that day. McCrone celebrated the exchange as evidence of Trump's conviction the war between Ukraine and Russia will end. Direct quote at the end of the day, if we have a deal which is compliant with the long standing and robust piece, this is great news, what Crohne said during the Monday interview, continuing the quote, and your president indeed is very confident about the capacity he has to get the deal done, which is good news for all of us, and can break this. I would say this daily killings. When asked about the hot mic exchange, a White House spokesperson told Fox News Digital that Trump is the only world leader who has gotten Putin to join the negotiation table for a potential peace deal as war rage for more than three years, quoting here, as President Trump has said he has a good relationship with President Putin and only he was able to bring President Putin to the table for a peace deal. The spokesperson said, European leaders recognize that after three years of killing and deadlock under weak Joe Biden, there has been more progress towards peace than ever before because of the President's leadership. Trump joined Fox and Friends Tuesday morning and said he intends to let Putin and Zelensky meet one on one before moving forward with peace negotiations, which could include a landswap deal. They haven't exactly been the best of friends, Trump said Tuesday. Maybe they're getting along a little bit better than I thought. Otherwise I wouldn't have set up the two of them a meeting. I would have set up a trilateral meeting. Trump added that the negotiations would not include omitting or admitting Ukraine into NATO, but said some European nations have agreed to provide NATO like protections, including security guarantees. I don't know how accurate that is, but we shall see. Trump met with Putin in Alaska Friday, which did not yield a peace deal, but open the door for more in depth peats talks. Following Trump's campaign trail pledged to indie bloody war that began under his predecessor's tenure. Trump called Putin following his White House meeting Monday and set the table for a meeting between Putin and Zelensky. He said on a truth social post this week. At the conclusion of the meeting, I called President Putin and began the arrangements for a meeting at a location to be determined between President Putin and President Zelenski. That was Trump's post, Continuing it says after that meeting takes place, we will have a tri trial it which would be the two presidents plus myself. Again, this was a very good early step for a war that has been going on for almost four years. Vice President JD. Van, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and Special Envoy Steve Whitkoff are coordinating with Russia and Ukraine. Thank you for your attention on this matter. Now I want to see and hear this hot mic moment and let's see what actually was said in the tone thereof.
Speaker 15: A little tangent. Good, great, thank you for pod event which I.
Speaker 7: Set.
Speaker 1: Lady.
Speaker 15: I think he wants to make a deal for me.
Speaker 12: Understand that, as crazy as it sounds, you sit down, Sit down, everybody.
Speaker 15: I think we'll let we'll let please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that didn't sound too convincing to me.
Speaker 12: He's a tall guy, good looking, incredible.
Speaker 15: Isn't it just it's such an incredible place. Well, we're building a big ballroom, beautiful right here.
Speaker 14: If you go, it would be right through that, right through here.
Speaker 15: It's gonna be, I'll tell you, but it's going to be. It's going to be fantastic. Actually, you can let.
Speaker 1: Them come in, all right. So again that didn't sound too convincing to me personally. I think he wants to make a deal with me, believe it or not. As crazy as it sounds, I think he wants to make a deal with me. You understand that it sounds like he's just kind of talking shit to try to flex on the cron I could be wrong here. Let's see. This is another clip. This is from Fox News. As a matter of fact, let's see what they have to say on it.
Speaker 16: President Trump making major progress toward peace and high stakes talks with Ukrainian President Zelenski and European leaders in the Oval Office yesterday.
Speaker 1: Look at that picture.
Speaker 6: President Trump also confirming a meeting between Russian President Putin and.
Speaker 3: Zelenski is in the works before he hopefully meets them together.
Speaker 17: And joining us now on the phone with more details. The President of the United States, the forty fifth and forty seventh President Donald J. Trump, Mister President, thanks so much for you want to find some friends this morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning. That's quite a crew. That's quite a crew.
Speaker 17: Well, mister President, the whole world was watching yesterday as you got leaders from the European Union, NATO as well from all over the world.
Speaker 1: How did you get them.
Speaker 17: To Washington, to the Oval Office so fast.
Speaker 12: Well, I think really they have respect for our country. Again. A year ago, they wouldn't have come, they wouldn't have even thought about it. Now we've become the hottest country anywhere in the world. Everybody wants to be here. When I made the call, they came and they said, there's really never been anything like it. You know, you'd have one president or one prime minister, but there's never been, you know, such a group. And these really represent the European nations, these people, and they're very good people, and they want to end the war, that horrible war with Ukraine and Russia to horrible war.
Speaker 16: It was such a sense of unity and we all enjoyed watching it because America is on top, and it was on your turf, on your terms. I know yesterday you talked about arranging a meeting to take place in two weeks between Putin and Zelensky. Is there an update there and do you plan to attend?
Speaker 12: No, I thought I do. First, let him let them meet. You know, they haven't been exactly best friends. I haven't gotten along very well. And I call President Putin yesterday and I do have a good relationship, but it, you know, only matters if we get things done. Otherwise, I don't care about the relationship. I do have a good relationship with them, but I want to get things done. You know, I've gotten I've saw seven wars, we ended seven wars. I thought this would be one of the easier ones, and this has turned out to be the toughest one. India Pakistan. I mean these were big ones, and also all big ones, and some going for thirty one, thirty two years, one for thirty five years, the Congo and think of that, the Congo and Rwanda for thirty five years. I got that one done. I got them all done. But this one is the one that is the most difficult, and I thought it would be an easy one. So I hope President Putin is going to be good, and if he's not, it's going to be a rough situation. And I hope that Zelensky, President Zelynsky will do what he has to do. He has to show some flexibility. Also, the thing is a mess. This was started by Joe Biden. This was a war that should have never happened. Millions of people are dead, the country's blown to pieces. Ukraine and it's a it's a shame, you know, my wife wrote Blani wrote that beautiful note to President putting aback children. The children are devastated to take it away from their homes, the whole thing. And this is a war that would have never ever, ever happened if we had a president a real all right.
Speaker 1: So he's just gonna, as he typically does, throw things at the feet of Biden and say that it's his fault of this happened. And I'm not necessarily in well, I'm not gonna agree with that because the issue with Russia and Ukraine goes a lot further back than Biden. I mean, how the crimea take over happened under Obama and I'm sure that we could start planning blame there, which is another one. As of this moment, Tulsea Gabbert just pulled the security clearances of thirty five thirty seven different federal agents because of a Russia Gate scandal from Obama's time in office. They are doing literally everything in their power to get people off the conversation of Epstein. We will get to that next, but before we do, what are youall thoughts on this as of this moment?
Speaker 7: Well, I got in my mind is racing. But I was really glad that that meeting happened. I think Trump wants to end the war, and Trump, unlike the Europeans, is very comfortable with asking Ukraine to give up a lot of its territory. And I think the best parallel to this is the Mexican American War, where Mexico seated an enormous amount of territory, including Texas through California. Obviously, as we should all know back in eighteen forty eight, was it, I think something like that, and the US was asking for a lot more. The US President Polk wanted all of Mexico potentially, he especially wanted Baja California. But can you imagine what if the Mexican leadership was it Santayana at the time, maybe, yeah, what if they had had Europeans whispering in their ears, no, don't give the US anything. You don't need to see any territory at all. Just wait for US to send you more money and weapons and don't give an inch. And that's kind of the situation where in with the Europeans right now, when the real you know, negotiation has to start with the idea that Mexico. You're going to lose a lot of territory. The question is just how much. Just capitulate you will be better off. You don't need to give them Baja California, but you do need to give the US a lot of territory.
Speaker 1: To that point. As a matter of fact, Mexico and I understand what's all and strictly in the realm of hypotheticals here, but Mexico at that time would have never listened to European influence. They had a real distrust of them.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: For anybody who doesn't know Alexander the First, which was the last Emperor of Mexico. Long story short, there was a little bit sorry Maximilian, excuse me, Maximilian, the last Emperor of Mexico. Has anybody ever been curious why the music that comes out of Mexico sounds very polka esh that they almost it's a it's like a cousin to polka music. The reason why is because they grabbed a German dude who under the tutelage of Austrian. Yeah, yeah, Austria, Hungary and Germany. I always grouped them in together. When we're talking about, like you know, that time frame, they were all cousins to each other, but so right, right, which is odd, very odd.
Speaker 7: But the Austrians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So Maximilian the First they asked Europe to send them a emperor or a king or something like that to rule them. And Napoleon the Third, the nephew of the Napoleon that you've all heard of, the little guy, he sent his cousin essentially, or his great nephew, Maximilian the First, and he brought with him a giant army of a band, not an army that was a proper trained fighting force, a band. And that's why we have like the accordions and the horns and all these things with traditional Mexican and Tauhano music was strictly because of German and Austrian influences, because of Maximilian the First. So that's that's an interesting rabbit hole if anybody wants to dive down that one day. But to your point, Tony, yeah, that would be like Mexico asking Europe for their opinion on how much land they should secede and actually taking their advice, which is mine blowing. Actually.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ukraine and Mexico in this situation just need to give up a lot, like Germany gave up a lot of its historical territory in nineteen forty five as well. Sometimes you just lose, and you gotta swallow the bitter pill because it's better than refusing to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see a positive ending for this war for anybody, honestly, even if, even if Russia gets all of the land. Right now, let's say, in a hypothetical sense, Zelenski and Putin were to come to the table tonight, as of time recording, they're actually secretly meeting right now, and they agree that wherever the lines are at right now is the new lines on the map. Let's just walk away from it clean, and let's get either way it goes. Russia has lost an insane amount of manpower because of this conflict, and so has Ukraine. No One is walking out of here with clean hands or feeling good about this decision, no way you slice it. If Russia keeps the land they've taken thus far, Selenci's going to go down in history as the guy that lost a massive portion of Ukraine. If Russia secedes and goes back to the pre invasion map, Putin's going to be seen as the world's biggest bitch, which is a whole conversation in and of itself. Like you said earlier, in earlier episodes, they both overestimated their capabilities by a lot. It's nobody's walking out of this clean.
Speaker 7: Many such cases. But after the Mexican American War, I don't know a heck of a lot, But it doesn't seem like relations for that bad. There were episodic conflicts between the US and Mexico after that, and the US purchased some additional territory in southern Arizona, but there was nothing really huge again, and my hope is that the relationship between Ukraine and Russia could be that peaceful.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because Mexico had bigger fish to fry than America at that time. They were fighting the French. After the whole secession happened. They were worried about French troops in their area, which is a whole other other conversation. But yeah, they weren't happy with US, but they also had more present danger in their face. And then when that finally that conflict went by the wayside and everybody kind of settled out, they just the map was redrawn. Time to rebuild from what we have now and that's kind of where it is to this day. So yeah, I'm with you on that front, and that maybe that's what's needed, right, Maybe there needs to be a new boogeyman that comes out in this area to get everybody's attention off of this conflict and on to the next one, if you will. I don't think that'd be good for anybody, but it's at least a thing that has happened in the past for sure. Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, Yeah, Germany's relationship with the Eastern Europe and the pre war, pre World War two period was hostile, mostly because there were eleven million Germans living outside of Germany and Eastern Europe, and after nineteen forty five they were all kicked out of Eastern Europe and they moved to what is now Germany. So the ethnic tension was a big deal at that time. And now that the ethnic element has removed, Eastern European relations has been a lot better. And it's very similar that there were a lot of ethnic Russians and Gonskandnetsk in these other parts of Ukraine who were very disenfranchised within Ukraine. Then they wanted to secede and join Russia. They haven't really moved around too much. The border's just been drawn in a new place where they're in Russia now, So that demographic, you know, high potential energy situation will be gone if the border's redrawn, and I think it'll stay away. That's my opinion. I think if they drew a no border right now, just like you're saying, kind of like the US did with Mexico, we would have years or decades a peace. Potentially.
Speaker 1: Some times I'm.
Speaker 7: Fearful that I'm not fearful that, oh it's you know, it's going to erupt in conflict again because they hate each other so much, because they've killed each other so much, because you know, Japan and Korea and China killed a lot of people in World War Two, and then they went to trade with each other after that. Western Europe and Eastern Europe killed a lot of people in World War two, and then it's been pretty peaceful ever since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the culture of Southeast Asia or just East Asia as a whole, is very different than the culture of the Ukrainian geopolitical comp there's different conversations. But to your point, they started making trade happen with each other. But I mean, Ukraine and Russia haven't stopped trade. There is still the massive fuel pipeline that runs between Ukraine and Russia, and there are still payments being made on a monthly basis regardless of what the war is doing. So to your point, trade would resume for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it would. Beat. Ukraine and Russia have had mostly peacefuls all the way until maybe the past decade, and especially the last three years, there have been millions of Russians and Ukrainians intermarrying and living in each other's countries. It's kind of like how we have lots of Mexicans living in the United States. We have Mexican restaurants all over the dang place, even in you know, rural you know, North Dakota. And if you were to live in Russia and you just looked at Donald Trump's rhetoric about Mexicans in twenty fifteen and twenty sixteen, you would think US and Mexicans must really hate each other, and a few of them do, but the vast majority of US get along fine. Yeah, that's the way it could have been with Russia and Ukraine. And that's the way I think that it eventually will be with Russia and Ukraine. They don't actually really see themselves as they have to be enemies, like the Germans and the English. They're really friendly sometime, and you know, then the World Wars happened, but they still tried to be friends, you know, whenever they weren't at war.
Speaker 1: Are you still the belief Tony that at March of twenty twenty six, but at least by then we will see a peaceful situation in this region.
Speaker 7: I'm still betting on that. So yeah, I wonder if I should put ten dollars on it or something. That's what I said in March, and it was kind of arbitrary just twelve months, So yeah, all right, I'll send you ten dollars if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, we can have a running back going on. We can up it to twenty as a matter of fact, with oh Jackson on that. You know, we'll see. But that's the thing. I'm not even I don't even feel good about saying that there won't be a peaceful situation seen by March. I just from my perspective, and I'm not some sort of master of geopolitics by any means right. I understand there's way more nuances that I am unaware of for that conversation, but I have a hard time seeing either side coming to the negotiation table on this one because neither side can win. There is no winning as far as this conflict is concerned. Right, What does winning look like for Russia? What does winning look like for Ukraine? They both want way too much than they can actually have, So I don't think there's gonna be any side that feels good about it. And that's the thing. Even if they do come to some sort of a ceasefire agreement, I could see one false step coming out and rekickstarting all the conflict again in the snap of a finger.
Speaker 7: I think. I think victory for Russia looks like victory for the United States in eighteen forty eight. They get a lot of territory, draw a new border, and say this is the way it's gonna be. And I think that has a high potential for being a permanent, peaceful solution.
Speaker 1: Well see if it happens. Man. Honestly, I don't know. I've got such a lack of faith in governments as a whole, especially when war is on the table. I hope you're right. I just I have a hard time I'm believing it from my layman's perspective at this time. But hey, Trump is making deals happen. He's getting people to negotiation tables. We'll see, we shall see. But speaking of Trump and speaking of deals being struck, let's talk about something happening on our home soil. So Trump's DOJ is handing the Epstein documents to the House Oversight Committee on Friday as subpoena deadlight deadline rather looms. House Oversight Committee chair James Comer says the DOJ is cooperating in good faith effort to produce the files. Again, I don't have a lot of faith as far as this is concerned, either. But it is a greater than zero percent chance that a heavily, heavily heavily redacted stack of Epstein files is about to be released to the DOJ and in turn release to the public. List listen to old James Comer and see what he has to say about it.
Speaker 14: Appreciate everybody being here today. We're very excited. This will be our first deposition in our bipartisan investigation into the entire Epstein Alan saga. So We've got a lot of questions for former Attorney General bar I appreciate his willingness to come in and hopefully this will be the first of many. All that triphy question.
Speaker 1: You set a deadline for tomorrow for DJ to release the unredacted full Epstein file. Do you expect them to deliver on that.
Speaker 14: Well, we're having really good conversations. You have to understand how many you could imagine how many documents there are. I think that we're going to have the I think we'll receive the documents very soon. They're compiling everything together. I think we're working together in a good faith effort, and everything's coming along. I expect to receive the documents very very soon.
Speaker 7: Is that their explanation though, that there's just so many documents that they can't meet your door.
Speaker 14: We always get that explanation every investigation we've done in the two and a half years i've been here. But I think that I'm confident we're going to get the documents.
Speaker 3: Are there other topics you're hoping to ask them about as well, or just Epstein.
Speaker 11: And ox faults?
Speaker 14: Well, that the subpoena was just for Epstein. There are some other things that I'm curious about. So we'll see how it goes. But obviously the purpose of this deposition is on Epstein, and when we learn more, I'll be happy to come out and answer some questions. Thank you all for being here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so again, let's see if it actually comes through to fruition or if it's going to be a way too heavily redacted. List that nothing new as far as information is going to come to light, we shall see. But let's read in here. The Trump administration will begin handing over documents related to Epstein's case to the House Oversight Committee on Friday. Like we just heard Chair James Comer say, House investigators originally requested the Department of Justice to produce a tranch Trunch Trench sure of files pertaining to the late pedophile and his accomplished Ghizlaine Maxwell by twelve pm on Tuesday, August nineteenth. It's part of a wider bipartisan investigation into the handling of the Epstein's case, which has also reached several former attorneys general, FBI directors, and former first couple Bill and Hillary Clinton. Shocker that they would be involved with this. Let's not forget the painting that was over the fireplace on Epstein Island of Bill Clinton in a blue dress. That's a real painting that was there. But anyway, Comer announced Monday afternoon that he would delay the deadline until Friday in late in light of the DOJS cooperation. This is direct quote. Officially with the Department of Justice have informed us that the Department will begin to provide the Epstein related records to the Oversight Committee this week on Friday. There are many records in DOJ's custody, and it will take the Department time to produce all the records and ensure identification of victims and any child sexual abuse material are redacted. Comber said in a statement, I appreciate the Trump's administration's commitment to transparency and efforts to provide the American people with information about this matter. Comber told the reporters early Monday that his panel was having good conversations with the DOJ related to the document production, but was noncommittal when asked if the August nineteenth goal would be met. You can imagine how many documents there are, he said, We just heard him say that. As a matter of fact, Comber said the DOJ was operating in good faith. Requested materials included all documents and communications in the DOJ's possession relating to both Epstein and Maxwell, as well as files further relating to or referring to human trafficking, exploitation of minor sexual abuse, or related activities. Documents relating specifically to the DOJ's prosecutions of Epstein and Maxwell, Epstein's two thousand and seven non prosecutal agreement with federal prosecut in Florida, and any materials related to Epstein's death were requested. The House Oversight Committee asked for the documents to be largely largely unredacted, according to the subpoena obtained by Fox News Digital, except for redactions to protect the personal personnel Jesus, except for redactions to protect the personally identifiable information of victims, for any child sex abuse material as defined by the Department of Justice manual, and any other redactions required by law, which no one is upset about that. Okay, we're not trying to have these victims have their name blasted all over the place to where they feel re triggered by the horrible events that they were a part of. Like I we get that we want to know the other guilty parties, not the names of the victims. I don't think anybody that's asking for the Epstein files is asking for the names of the victims, but sure they keep going on about that. The deadline comes a day after former Attorney General Bill bar was deposed by the House Overside Committee behind closed doors. Barr was the first person scheduled to appear in the committee's probe under subpoena. The Clintons both have separate deposition dates scheduled for October. Comber was directed to send the flurry of subpoenas after a House Overside Committee subcommittee panel voted in favor of them during an unrelated hearing in July. Renewed fervor over Epstein's case in Gulf Capitol Hill after entered GOP fallout over the Trump administration's handling of the matter. Yeah, I'll bet the DOJ effectively declared the case closed after an quote unquote exhaustive review revealing Epstein had quote unquote no client list, did not blackmail prominent individuals, and confirmed he did die by suicide in a New York City jail while awaiting prosecution. I'm just gonna be speaking on behalf of Jacob on this one. Lies, lies and more lies. But all right, let's continue in respe response to the backlash by some on the right, Trump directed the EJ to release grand jury testimony related to Epstein, a request that's been tied up in courts since then. While Attorney General Pam Bondi had her deputy Todd Blanche interview Maxwell in person to uncover any possible new information. Comer also subpoena Maxwell, but agreed to defer her scheduled deposition until after the Supreme Court heard her appeal to overturn her conviction. I still find it odd that we are only just now actually questioning Maxwell. It's not like she refused to answer questioning. They refused to question her until like last month. That is mind blowing to me. But when you understand the realm of the political elite and how Epstein's Island and all of the other things played in with that, it also makes perfect sense. So I don't know what's gonna come of this. I'm not expecting a lot, to be completely honest with you, I hope for a lot. I hope that we get a real client list or flight logs or anything of the nature of this. But I also believe that this is going to be heavily heavily redacted to protect all of the important players. Hell, Trump's name was listed on these logs multiple times. I don't know if this was because Epstein was the money laundering guy for the political elites of the world, and maybe that's why Trump's name was listed, because he was trying to hide some dollar bills to where he didn't get taxed on it. Okay, was it flight logs on the Lolita Express. Was it times that he actually visited Epstein's island itself. The sky's a limit as far as the hypotheses are concerned. I am hoping that the list is not going to be too heavily redacted and we get some real justice. I just have a hard time actually believing it and seeing it for myself. I don't know anyway. All Right, before we wrap, I am going to go to the chat and see what everybody has shared on this evening. Let's see, Raven Lee has shared an article business Louisiana Meta AI Data Center. WHOA what is happening here? Okay? Louisiana regulators approve power plant for Giant Meta AI data Center. All right, yeah, we definitely got to talk about that one. Scrolling down a little bit here, Claire has sent another article, Roadblocks retaliates against child abuse survivor who exposed platforms predator problem. All right, yeah, we're definite gonna have to talk about that one as well. I'm just gonna pull up all the articles that y'all send as a matter of fact. Another one from Claire. This one says research suggests doctors might quickly become dependent on AI. I agree with that. We'll read into that one here in a moment. All right, let's go let us all all right, I'm go ahead and share the screen again again. For anybody who is just listening, who would like to be a part of this conversation, please join us on Wednesday nights at the Cajun Night on Patreon. Link is in the description below. Let's start off here. Louisiana regulators approve power plant for Giant Meta AI data center. The growing risk of AI and the fact that most people don't actually see it as a risk still bothers me. But all right, let's read it in here. State regulators on Wednesday approved a controversial plan to Power Tech Giants' Meta largest official intelligence data center yet to be built in rural northeast Louisiana, clearing the wave for construction of three gas fired electricity plants. The Public Service Commission voted four to one in favor of the plan proposed by Energy at a meeting in the city of Plaqueman, following hours of public debate. The power plant is key for Meta's ten billion dollar facility to move forward. The project will be built on former agricultural land the size of around seventy football fields. Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has spoken to further expanding it to a size that would rival the footprint of Manhattan as the company dives headlong into the high stakes race to dominate the energy AI or emerging AI industry. Wednesday's approval was largely expected, as Louisiana officials, including Governor Jeff Landry, have welcomed the project as an economic development game changer in a long struggling region of the state, but the project in Richland Parish has also drawn sharp criticism over its huge energy needs. Speaking on behalf of somebody who lives in Louisiana and knows Plaquemen very well, I wouldn't call that area a long struggling region. They have quite a few big facilities and refineries dal Plaquemin, Shintech, Tocaya Carbon Black Placid who holds a lot of government contracts as far as jet fuel and diesel goes. So I don't think this is a long struggling area by any means. It's rural, but that's also because most of the people that live there want it to remain rural. But all right, moving on, Much of the debate has involved whether average electricity rate payers and businesses state wide will end up shouldering at least some of the costs associated with the power plant Energy has set out for the facility. Energy says there are safeguards in place and argues that the new plant will ultimately benefit everyone. In one sense, I could see that, especially if you're building a power plant. Usually these plants will sell back their excess energy to the city, which in turn will lower energy costs for the local inhabitants of said city. That's not a one hundred percent guarantee, But I've worked at many a facility that have power plants that end up selling it back to the city. So who knows Those divisions were on display at Wednesday's fast tracked vote, which occurred a couple of months before were initially planned. I'm not for this project one percent, ten percent, or one hundred percent. Commissioner Foster Campbell, who represents the district where the data center will be built. I'm for this project one thousand percent. Well, all right, as far as tripling down goes, there we go. Commissioner Devonte Lewis casts the only vote against the plan. He says the agreement left fundamental questions on the table that were too bitter to swallow. Proponents spoke at length of the higher rates of poverty in the region and the need for high paying jobs in North Louisiana. We're currently underway on the facility is already leading to exponential growth for small businesses in the area, said Rob Cleveland, head of the Economic Development Authority in Northeast Louisiana. We choose Louisiana as a home for our largest data center yet for a variety of reasons, including excellent access to infrastructure, a strong workforce, and a reliable grid, said Ashley Settle, a spokesperson for META. But over a dozen people from across the state urge regulators to deny the vote, raising concerns over raising gas prices, unclear job commitments by the tech company, water demands of the facility, and environmental risks. META has provided no assurance that these supposed jobs are going to go to Louisiana residents. That's a very good point set a Lake Charles's resident with a financial and environmental impact this big Please please push this vote so the enormous risk associated with this Meta's data center will need roughly three times the amount of electricity of the City of New Orleans uses in a year, increase Energy's electric needs in the state by around thirty percent yikes. With the Commission's approval, the utility can now begin constructing the three new plants and other transmissions infrastructures. Two of the electricity plants will be located near the data center in Richland Parish and a third in Saint Charles Parish. Both environmental advocacy groups and oil gas petrochemical companies disputed Entergy's request to build over five billion dollars in new infrastructure, arguing that the plan risks increased bills for all types of rate payers. The imposition of the risk to the rate payers, and the increase in introduce returns comes upfront, while the potential benefits of the taxpayers may materialize over the course of many years, but are based on speculative assumptions and thus far from certain at this time. The Louisiana Energy Users Group wrote in a letter Monday to the regulators LEEUG that group is composed of about of around thirty companies in the state, including Exxon Shell and Dow, which collectively spend over five point five billion in the state each year on electricity and other services. So, okay, they are approving this new power plant to be built to power meta AI data. That's I'm already not in favor of it, just because of the AI conversation. It's yeah, this will lead to some local jobs, certain like long term local jobs. You're gonna need electricians, you're gonna need texts to run the facility and do maintenance on and all of that. But a data center doesn't have thousands and thousands and thousands of employees like some sort of a manufacturing or a production line goes. So I see it as a short term money grab for sure. I don't see it as a long term good thing. But the Apparently the lawmakers and regulators are super on board with this. I guess weny embrace for impact on that one. Moving on to the next topic that was brought into the check, Roadblocks retail retaliates against child abuse survivor who exposed platforms predator problem. Okay, I don't know what is going on. Well, I mean I do because people are talking about it. But Roadblocks has been on the mind of so many of my favorite content creators this week. I have legitimately watched three different long form videos about roadblocks and how they are a being used by predators to prey upon children. B Roadblocks knows this and is doing nothing about it, and then C in certain cases, Roadblocks is promoting it for that purpose, and then D when that gets exposed. Roadblocks is actually suing these people for spinning rhetoric that is baseless, even though these people are showing receipts and can prove every single claim that is being made. So you know what. Let's read in on this. One content creator's viral videos led to six arrests before the company silenced him with legal threats. A childhood survivor of grooming on Roadblocks is now facing corporate retaliation after his viral predator catching videos led to multiple arrests and exposed systemic failures in the platform's child protection systems. Wow, all right, let's let's talk about it here, Sinar Gould, Greatco and Hinsley pllcsggh and Milberg, Coleman, Bryson, Phillips, Grossman, Jesus Christ. These law firms have been retained to defend the YouTuber Michael Schlepp, a twenty two year old Texas content creator who was banned from Roadblocks and served with cease and assist letters after his investigative work resulted in six confirmed arrests of alleged child predators operating on the gaming platform. The legal action against Slap comes as his removal has sparked the viral hashtag free Schlap movement, garnering millions of views and prompting a major Roadblocks influencer to quit the company's creator program and protest crime journalist Chris Hansen maybe You've heard of him, has contacted Schlepp about participating in an upcoming documentary investigating Roadblocks's handling of child safety issues. A survivor's mission becomes legal target Schlep's anti predator work stems from his own traumatic experiences as a Roseblock user. Between the ages of twelve and fifteen, he was groomed by a prominent Roadblocks developer who had official company merchandise distributed nationwide and contracted directly with Roadblocks for platform events. The developer, since Schlept, graphic violent content, pornography, and engaged in inappropriate sexual conversations. This is a direct quote here. When my client attempted suicide and was hospitalized, his mother contacted Roadblocks seeking help. Roadblocks was unresponsive until she threatened legal action. Only then did they engage, and only to claim the abuse happened quote on another platform, despite the predator being a contracted Roadblocks developer who the company promoted at events. The developer who groomed Schlepp was eventually banned from Roadblocks, but only years later after another female developer reported sexual abuse, Roadblocks had continued paying and promoting the predator Throughout Schlep's ordeal Wow working with established predator catching organizations including Predator Poachers, which has over three hundred convictions, and EPD Watch, Schlepp's team achieved a remarkable success rate six arrests from seven real life confrontations with suspects. Suspected predators initially contacted through Roadblocks. Rather than addressing the safety vulnerabilities, Schlepp exposed, Roadblocks updated its terms of service to specifically target quote unquote vigilante groups, and then banned him from the platform. The company then escalated with legal threats under the Computer Fraud Act, the same statute used in Roadblock's shameful lawsuit against another prominent critic, Ruben sim who has also recently retained the SGGH and Milberg Law firms, is a direct quote here. Instead of thanking someone who is protecting children and working with law enforcement, Roadblocks is trying to silence them with the same legal intimidation tactics they've used before. This pattern suggests a company more concerned with suppressing criticisms and addressing the predator problem on their own platform. Geezus Okay, so they just Roadblocks just started digging and they have not put down the shovel yet. Here we go. The hashtag free Schlap campaign has exposed broader frustrations with Roadblocks child safety records, with supporters noting the irony of the company punishing someone for doing the protective work they claim to prioritize. Michael is doing exactly what Roadblocks should be doing, identifying and stopping predators who target children. This is Milburgh co counsel Gary Klinzer or Ya Klinger and Melinda Maxon. Instead of partnering with him, they are trying to destroy him, and that tells you everything about their real priorities. The case is attracted attention from major media outlets and child safety advocates, with several nation national interviews scheduled this week. The controversy has also prompted at least one major Roadblocks content career to publicly quit the company's influencer program in solidarity with Schlep. Roadblocks Corporation declined to comment. Shocker moving on here. SGGH specializes in high profile litigations against major corporations, while merril Berg is a leading class action and whistleblower protection firm with extensive experience in cases involving corporate accountability and consumer protection. Roadblocks, whistleblower, Schlep, and sim are represented by Martin D. Gould, Michael R. Greco and Steven L. Vander Porten of Stenar Gold Greco and Hensley Jesus a lot of names these very high profile legal firms. Let's just leave it at that. Let's see Stinner Gold Greco Hinsley is a boutique national personal injury firm dedicated to advocating for victims of abuse and catastrophic injuries in high stakes litigation. We pride ourselves on being innovators of law and providers of justice. Okay, so it becomes pretty much an ad for them. Recent success included participating in global settlements valued at nearly three billion dollars, with over four hundred million dollars recovered on behalf of survivors of sexual abuse and exploitation in the past eighteen months. In addition to securing record recoveries, SGG attorneys have also worked with clients who fought for and secure policy changes helping protect future generations of children and adults from abuse and exploitation. For example, as a part of a recent twenty one point three million dollar settlement in the hotel abuse case last year, one of the largest settlements in the country for an individual survivor, The firm also successfully secured policy and training changes for thousands of hotels, improving hotel pre employment screening and safety for hotel guests at employees nation and employees nationwide. Wow, so hashtag free chip or schlip excuse me. I remember hearing his story and I've seen some of his content. And for the record, it's not every single game on Roadblocks, it's not. There are some games where if there's even one, good God, if anybody knows the content creator, donut operator, he showed them. It is public bathroom simulator. That is the name of the game where a kid playing Roadblocks would click on this game. They would go into this public restroom and start having conversations with other people as a way to normalize having very off putting conversations in a public space. This would lead to them going onto other apps and other messaging platforms to try to make meetups happen. And that's just one example. There are tons of examples. And I know that Roadblocks has it to where you can't use profane language and it exes out the comments that you're trying to say that are bad words or whatever. There's ways around that. There's ways around that. You know, predators are not dumb, well they're stupid, but they're not dumb, if that makes sense. They know ways of getting around it. It's only one hack away, it's only one mod away, or it's one code word away. And kids are in the know about a lot of these things. So I, for one hope that roadblocks gets banned. I am in favor of that. I don't play it, My kids don't play it. It's no skin off our nose. If one more avenue that predators are using to hurt children get shut down, I'm in favor of this. But I guess we'll see how it plays out. I am happy that certain lawmakers are actually becoming aware of this and it is actually going by the wayside. Hopefully we shall see. Moving on to the next conversation, research suggests that doctors might quickly become dependent on AI. I actually believe this when full stop, to be honest with you. Artificial intelligence is beginning to help doctor screen patients for several routine diseases, but a new study raises concerns about whether doctors might become too reliant on AI. I think they currently already are. The study, looking at gastro entrologists in Poland, found that they appeared to be twenty percent worse at spotting polyps and other abnormalities during colonoscopies on their own after they've grown accustomed to using AI assisted systems. The finding, published in the Journal of Lancet gastro Intology and Hepatology, suggests that even after a short period of using AI, experts may become overly dependent on AI to do certain aspects of their job. We were quite quite surprised, Marsne Romance Romaniz Yeah Polish, names a PhD gastro enterrologists at HT Medical Center in Tichi, Poland, who led the study, But not everyone is convinced that the paper proves doctors are losing critical skills because of AI. I think three months seems like a very short period to lose a skill that you took twenty six years to build up, says Johan or Johann Holman, a researcher at Manchester University in England who has studied human reliance on AI. A human believes statistical variations in the patient data might be part of the explanation for why the numbers appear to drop. Factors such as average age of the patients used in different sections of the study might explain variation, he said, AI and medicine Let's talk about it here. Artificial intelligence is becoming increasingly common for a number of routine medical scans. The next time you get a scan for your eyes, breast cancer, or colon disease, there's a decent chance that AI may be analyzing the image. AI is spreading everywhere, Romantica says. At the same time, many doctors are playing catch up because learning how to use the technology wasn't a part of their training. But that's the thing with AI. It's not hard to learn how to use. You give it a command and it does it, and it learns. The more you use it, the better it gets at doing the job. So, okay, we've been taught from books and from our teachers, he says, no one told us how to use AI. Again, there's a voice spot. You could push a button and just speak what you want and it does it. But all right. A few years ago, for clinics and Poland tried out the AI system to detect polyps and other abnormalities during colonoscopies. The AI works in real time analyzing video from a camera inside the colon. If it spots something, it will highlight the area for the clinician to see. I've actually never heard the word clinician before, but okay, in this particular one, there's a green box showing where the pollup might be. He says. The clinics were collecting data on whether the AI system worked. It turned out that it did, but when Romance Get and his colleagues reanalyzed the data, they found something else. After the system was introduced, doctors became significantly worse at detecting possible pollups when the AI was switched off. According to their analysis, after doctors got AI, detection rates of possible polops fell from twenty eight point four percent to twenty two point four percent, so a six percent drop that's okay when their new AI system was switched off. In other words, the doctors seem to become quickly dependent on AI systems catching the polyps. They said, they're not sure why it's happening, but it's He has some theories. We are subconsciously waiting for the green box to come out to show us the region where the polyp is, and we're not paying attention as much anymore. There's other examples that support that idea. A similar study has shown that non experts do a worst job scanning mammograms if they know they can get an AI system to help them with the push of a button. Johan Holman, who helped lead that mammogram study, describes it as a safety net effect. He says these latest results could be interesting, but he's skeptical. The study of kolonoscopies took place over three months and the doctors participating had decades of experience. He thinks statistical variations due to a number of factors such as age of the patients, might be behind the apparent drop. Additionally, he says, we don't know how many polyps there really are, so we don't know the ground of truth. But that means it's unclear how many of the possible polyps the doctors supposedly missed were actually medically important. The studies author, Romance sure does believe that the drop is real, though he admits that studying AI in a clinical setting like this can be tricky. There are a lot of variables the researchers couldn't control. He's not against using AI. He actually thinks the little green boxes help him to do a better colonoscopies, but he thinks there should be more studies like these examining how AI might be changing the way doctors work in the real world, because look what happened, Look what's happening, He says, we have AI systems that are available, but we don't have the data. Wow. And you know, honestly, we talked about that not too terribly long ago on the Culture Conspiracy. I can envision a world right now where more and more doctors are going to be trying to use AI to better treat their patients. Because although you have this doctor that's been in this field for forty years and they've seen just about everything, AI will be able to pull from all medical journals, from all patient listings that have happened at that clinic and around the world to give you the best possible solution at that time. And yeah, there's gonna be some variations because the medical practice is an unperfect science, and what works for person A might not work for person B, and what works for person AMB might not work for person C. So I get that, but I also see AI as the thing that's going to be used more and more commonly in the medical space. Again, I just have a healthy distrust for AI, I really do. I hope that it doesn't become more mainstream but boiled boy by the day. It just it is. It's becoming that way anyway, everybody. We have covered a wide bevy of topics this evening. We covered some at home conversation, we covered some international conversation. We talked about some technology. I like this all the way around. Once again, for anybody who would like to join the conversation next Wednesday night at nine pm Central. The link is in the description below. Go to Patreon and check out the Cajun Night.
Speaker 14: There.
Speaker 1: There's only one tier for entry. We're trying to grow this organization. We're trying to grow this grouping to be a more informed group, a more educated group, and a more geopolitical slash religious slash technology, slash whatever else comes up in conversation. Honestly, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I thoroughly enjoy my Wednesday Nights. Once again, everybody, thank you for joining me this evening. I am the Cajun Night and as always, God bless