Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by our Rock the Bank cash giveaways. Final week for this go around. Thirteen chances today, Thursday and Friday for you to win one thousand dollars. Just listen for the keywords each hour enter them at WJR dot com. We have a goal.
Speaker 1: We've had four winners at nine oh five ish on this show. Four winners, so let's go for a fifth before this ends. Come on, people, nine oh five will be your first chance of the morning. And are those keywords?
Speaker 2: Hello Dog, Good morning.
Speaker 3: All right, so you guys being the UCF alum that you are big time donors to the athletic program, all of that. I need your opinion on this because UCFS administration created quite the stir yesterday. They attempted to crack down on some season ticket holders who are selling their football tickets on the second they market. Youc have sent emails on Monday notifying some of the account holders that their seats would not be eligible for an improved relocation for the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: Based on your resale and or transfer activity during the twenty twenty four football season, your account has been identified as having high secondary market activity. To maintain the integrity of the priority point system and seat relocation process, your account will not be eligible for seat relocation for the twenty twenty five season. So I guess, I guess what's going on here is some fans are selling their tickets on the resale market.
Speaker 1: All right, maybe for big games like last season's Colorado game or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah Colorado BYU last seen, and there were like half the stadium was filled with BYU fans, even though BYU fans weren't given that many tickets from their allotment. So a lot of ucf fans up in arms on social media. Yesterday, we got a lot of interaction on our show. So I'm gonna say something that might be a little controversial here. After reading the email you see if sent the fans and talk to some people yesterday, I don't really have an issue with this.
Speaker 1: Neither.
Speaker 2: Is it the part where it says for seat relocation. They're saying you can continue to do it, just don't ask us to upgrade your seats to a better location, right, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and you see if targeted season ticket holders who who've sold or transfer at least seventy percent of their tickets during the season, If you're not going to seventy percent of the games, sorry, sorry, why should you get these same perks as the guy who goes to the game every single week? Just my opinion, you're right, Just just my opinion. But a lot of people say, hey, I bought the tickets, I should be able to do with them when I want, and you can. You're just not getting upgraded to the to the better seat.
Speaker 2: And what do you care if you're upgraded or not. If you're not going to seventy percent of the games, just keep selling them for your little profit there in your little side huts on who cares?
Speaker 3: But I guess, I guess as as as the stadium grows, you know, they're gonna have improvements to the stadium, people are gonna want to, you know, upgrade to the better you know, luxury seating or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's what it is that anybody pat they'd argue what you'd say by saying, but I want to be upgraded so I can sell them for more. I deserve to be upgraded. I've been a season ticket over fifteen years. Well, you're selling them, but you're not getting upgraded.
Speaker 3: Sorry anyway, Well, and I guess there are some season tickets who live out who buy tickets from out of town, who don't live here anymore, and they regularly don't come to all the games and they resell their tickets. So again that's I don't see much of an issue with this. I think a lot of schools are going through the same issue as far as not wanting opposing fans dominating their stadium.
Speaker 2: I remember my father in law's Redskins season tickets were those of a dead guy for about twenty years.
Speaker 3: You know, last year there were a lot until last year there were a lot, a lot of Washington football fans who felt like they were dead guys going to the.
Speaker 1: Games dead Skins. Hey, So question, how did your father in law get dead guy's tickets? Does he cash in his checks too?
Speaker 2: No? No, he was friends with the couple and the gentleman passed on and the wife said, well, would you like to continue to keep and you know the waiting list for that was Redskins were back in the day, one of the teams that you couldn't get season tickets for and he just kept paying for him and beautiful. Wow.
Speaker 3: College basketball. Last night, the Gators number two in the country. They blow out Oklahoma eighty five to sixty three. I'm telling you, guys, the Gators, even though they're ranked number two in the country, they've won five in a row. They had a decisive road victory over number one Auburn in that stretch. This Gator team on the court might actually be the best team in the country and they have a legit shot at winning the national title this year. By the way, did you see what BYU did the Kansas.
Speaker 2: To fifty seven?
Speaker 3: Good lord, now, ninety one to fifty seven. That was the worst loss of Kansas coach Bill Self's career at Kansas, third worst defeat in history. I gotta tell you what tell you when you look at what's happening to Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, three traditional powers. Essentially they're all like five hundred teams in their own conference. The transfer portal in Nil's had a much bigger effect on college basketball than it has on college football, because I mean, you've got teams in college but I mean you look at what's going on in the SEC for cry out loud, with nine teams in the top twenty five, including a bunch of non traditional powers. Teams are just loading up on transfers, paying them a bunch of money, and boom, you're an instant contender. So it's it's not quite as bad in football as it is in basketball. But man, basketball you can you again. You you get a couple of great transfers and basketball and boom you're a national power. So, by the way, all I want to give Lynch credit one more time. This Four Nations tournament. Everybody is talking about this, even my my non hockey fan friends. They're talking about this.
Speaker 2: That game tomorrow Night's going to be intense, dude.
Speaker 1: Well, people are talking about it because what else is going on? Sports wise? You opened up with UCF seeding.
Speaker 3: Only because it's local.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 3: But what about yeah, and they want Trump to show up.
Speaker 2: I saw the players are and the coach is urging. I don't know if they can work the logistics of that out security wise in such a short notice, but that would really ratchet things up even more.
Speaker 3: Cannaday would love that, wouldn't they.
Speaker 2: Well, the game is in Boston, so yeah, I mean it could be an in your face Canada moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely going to be that, right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, yesterday when we were talking about a text line melted down with people going, you're from Boston.
Speaker 3: You think we're not gonna be assles? Come on close?
Speaker 2: We off Hey, they boo our anthem. Let's see what happens tomorrow nights anyway, all right. Mike the Bulldog Miyakey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine to game weekday mornings at Jason Tussin. He takes time out of his show to fill us in on the sports page here on jr R each morning.
Speaker 1: Oh Oh, Download the all new Illyard Radio app and make w j r R number one on your precess goin free stuff for upcoming events.
Speaker 2: Download it for free at w j r R dot com