Speaker 1: What that new logo do and hopefully ready because it's done. As it's about to get weird, be prepared for it to get weird.
Speaker 2: Thinks are gonna get weird.
Speaker 1: It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get word where get Where? Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready as you listen to to the two hundred and eighty episode Let's Get Weird. My name is Mayom Work and every week we come together give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the jets, the yumps, the downs, all around and just have a good time, you know. And we have a new logo to boot of that phreeze of itself. It's all those things and more and it is very funny. I just realized our logo very universal studios focuses on universal studios. Let me do this universal florid. Uh. We hit out image for April Fools today. I was like, Oh, that looks like our logo, but you know what ours is better? It is I am you know what I am saying. You would know what I'm seeing. There's the universal logo, there's our logo. Oh my god, that's too funny thing baby bars. But they love they knew what we were doing. They knew what we were doing. But yeah, we have a new logo, which is cool. So, whether you're listening to this on your iHeartRadio app or maybe you listen on podcast service, a choice, give it a little like look at you. You know, we got different colors in there. No more orange. There's some orange, but not as much orange. You know. We're having fun with it. Yeah, and our names are on it, so you know how to correctly spell them every time. Actually I did not check. Did I actually have your name right? You probably didn't. That's fine. Everyone spells my name wrong. I'm used to it. It's fine. No one loves me what it is. Look at that they did it. They did it. Yeah. Thanks, We survived opening day and back to body has not as I am sunburnt. You're a little you're a little burnt. You're a little arms hurt. Why do they hurt? And I scuffed up my desk.
Speaker 3: They hurt from the sun, and they just hurt from you doing everything on my second cup of espresso, Martine.
Speaker 1: It's one of those days, Martini, Where did you get that from the music room where the alcohol's VOD music. It's probably no, I don't think there's vodka in that music room.
Speaker 3: Oh but yeah, you know, second cup of espresso, Good to go, Ready to go.
Speaker 1: But we did the Nationals Open Day on Thursday, which was easier, not as sunny, so that was great. It was sunny, it was just windy that as sunburnie. Yeah we had jackets on that we had jackets. It was cold. Yeah, boy got a little lu two schwasty hanging out with Sauce Thursday, Shelby Sauce. Try to run the gamut with Sauce and I can't do that, No, not in this day. And we were not able to handle that. But you had fun out and about and NAT's Park outside in Navy Yard and then to hide social and then back home kind of man.
Speaker 3: I wanted to go to the game, but unfortunately I had to be dad, and but I wentn't Dad. I had to be son and pick up my parents in the airport at six point thirty from DCA. And let me tell you that was some fun times. Oh my god. First I drive past them, then I had to run back around to go get them and then it's just like traffic to get back to your house baby from DCA. It was just ridiculous. And I always cut through. I take Memorial Bridge to Independence Avenue to Rock Creek Parkway to Whitehurst Freeway and then Canal on the way out. But it's just like, yeah, DCA is a close airport, but sometimes there's just no quick way in and out of the city.
Speaker 1: It seems close, but it far. But I fall, but his fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have fun on their trip. They had a good time on their trip. They enjoyed themselves. So that's all that matters. And then today we got to be dad again.
Speaker 1: We got the started for my son. He had a game on Saturday.
Speaker 3: He went one for two, had a single, did good at first base, and are you.
Speaker 1: Gonna be that dead that has the record book? Give me, like I don't know how to score keep that one. There was always those parents in baseball a little too into it of like keeping the stats of your own child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, we're not gonna We're not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: We're not going to do that.
Speaker 3: But we know, I know he's having a good time and he likes it. We just got to work on some stuff. I did meet a former baseball player Sunday night when I was out, and I showed him a video of Max taking a swing. He did play in the majors, and he played in the minors. And I gotta load Max up. So I gotta get Max learn how to pick up that front foot, get that swing ready.
Speaker 1: Jew try to be a dad, But hey, buddy, I'm duging to bat in cages. Have I ever tell you my batting cage story? No?
Speaker 3: So this is years ago, and I would actually played softball with a bunch of friends, foftball softball like co ed softball league, you know, fun times. And we would go to the cages, me and my boys, Juwelian and Tea. And there was a sixty mile an hour and a seventy mile an hour cage for you to hit a little.
Speaker 1: Fast, a little faster public batting cages. We took one to the chest, Julian, no me that the chest. Took one right to the chest, the sixty or the seventy sixty? Oh okay, okay, I couldn't do seventy. It was a baseball I did do seventy. Not at this time. My body, my chests this weekend already. I would need to be liquored up to do that. It's pretty easy. Not, well, it's pretty easy. Yeah. I just slowed myself down you today for a couple of round into and that's okay. The Glizzy was delicious with the warm cheese on it. You know, it was delicious. The burger King, Oh right, so we're sitting around opening days. We were a flash forward. So yesterday Oriols opening day, burger King had a little trailer thing. Yeah. The smartest thing they could do was order online through toast and like it was like ten minutes. Every ten minutes, I got the text, here's your food ready, ready to go right there at the window. Baby, No, you're you're right. It was. It was great, And thank you for getting me the bacon cheeseburger mac and cheeseburgers. Delish. You go to Burking today. We had it yesterday. Like you said you wanted a taco.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right doing the bell tell me what you want to be anyway, Sorry, but no taco bell or Burking was incredible.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for the be more around town the orange at the O's tail gates. Bring sunscreen. Yeah, none of you guys didn't realize it was gonna be eighty said it was gonna rain. They moved the game to get away from the rain, and yet the game was started four That's why. But you know it's a beautful day. You got my glow. Yeah, you're gonna look good. Tomorrow looks so good. I'm suck. He doesn't hurt that much right now, baby, your best friend. I swim innut. Well, you know they ran out of yesterday.
Speaker 3: I was gonna go get sauce and myself another cocktail, and they ran on natty bows at the in the VIP section, but also two o'clock.
Speaker 1: I just man, I had a lot of drink a lot this week. Yeah, but past five days I've drink. We're on a detox till next week. Yeah, I got nothing going on this weekend. I got Max Ben excited. I'm pumped for that. I'm very pumped. IM gonna figure out what COSU. I'm gonna let Instagram and decide would cost my way.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing all those gift cards that I got from work to be like Seef.
Speaker 1: They work so Mexican. Buy whatever you want. Make sure I'm gonna preload them or set them up before him.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll bring two because I know he's gonna want He says he wants to get storm Breaker because already, how much was the last.
Speaker 1: Year your mirror, the one year you bought me on there like a knockoff, not knockoff, but like a crafter man, It was a forty or fifty bucks. I assume Stormbreaker will be double that person because twice longer. Yeah, she said, but so yeah, so Saturday, but we're gonna get there. What times to start? At ten? I believe so, So we gotta get there right at ten because we gotta get our ticket passesn't get in there and walk around. Yeah, because last year awesome ka. In case you don't know what it is, it's the Nerdy Convention in DC. Oddly enough, Galaxy Con, which is the one in Richmond, was last weekend. The lines were real long, so I'm like, well, that's probably a good inkling of what's coming our way to get it in or to get in yeah really yeah, yeah, but I feel like the wal Tree Convenge Center, they didn't. I mean, they do a pretty good job, like they hide the lines if anything, because the one year we did wait in the line. It was like in a separate area that once she got fine, it.
Speaker 3: Was that one area where they like a separate Yeah, but that was because they they told me in Max and we had to go back up there to get the tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, wait, but I'm supposed to get impressed. Why am I not? Boie? But it's it's a fun time. I know. It's very Lord of the Rings centric. This year. A lot of the Lord of the Rings cast is there, minus the Hobbits, because the Hobbits were their last year, so that's kind of weird. They didn't tag team him like that. But for Eric and I, it is the opportunity to pretty much my Pokemon cards and toys for Max and nick knacks for Mora, which we discovered. So she's coming, right, Yes, she's coming, and uh, it'll be fun. Our boy Gavin, who works in sales over here, is going to and his wife is doing a photo op with Orlando Bloom and he's like, yeah, we can hang. I'm like, bro, if your photo op is at twelve o'clock, you're asked gott to be in line for that photo op at like eleven o'clock, so you will not be hanging out and hanging out with us, buddy. Did you tell him that? Yeah? I told him on another day on Thursday. Yeah, okay, because from example, I think we talked about this last year I did. I met Hayden Christensen last she did. She did the photo thing And this was on top of waiting in line for Rosario Dawson autograph because my brother wanted her to sign his lego. We Moreri's first awesome con Ever, we made her wait in an eight hour line us because we got there mayby are like ten they said, gain and I come back, come back later, got back in two and then John and get his things sign until eight more left. After we did our photo op the whole the spot and it's like oh and she's like never going like yeah, if it's someone like I will not let you go with me, like I'll just deal it. Someone that big, I mean, Randa Blue is pretty big. But you know, there's it's a lot of chaos because it falls behind and it's something always does because celebrity doesn't show up on time or panel runs too long and pops everything else the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: You know, it does, Yeah, it does, but I'm excited to see what happened Saturday.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of fun. And then Max has.
Speaker 3: A baseball game at two, so we're gonna cut it kind of close on getting.
Speaker 1: From DC, get him in and gonna come and costume. No you let Mac coming costume?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Why not? It'll be fun for him. They have a kid's cosplay contest. Yeah, but we can't stay. I can't. The thing is, I can't sit there. Wait. It'll be fun to dress up.
Speaker 3: It would be fun to dress up, but I know Max and I know that if we got to make it to baseball, hoodie got to make the baseball Okay, two o'clock. I can't dillydally go in, do a couple of laps and get out and then get from DC back to.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing Max. He goes slow. Oh why I know he does. I was like, oh, let me show you this thing. And you guys are stuck at like booth one. It's like booth one hundreds over there. We gotta get the boot one. I know.
Speaker 3: He's just like his mom, where she takes forever to eat. He takes forever to look at everything and eat. So I gotta move to Poppy.
Speaker 1: Come on. Hey, we gotta we gotta motivate, not Holt. We got to motivate.
Speaker 3: Plus, I was gonna get my parking spot on that random street by the conventions where I never paid for that.
Speaker 1: I gotta pay for parking baby. Oh actually I should do that today. Oh my god, I don't know where to park the street that I tell you always the park. I got confused next to the Apple store that looks like a church. It's literally for the conventions. Oh that's blocked off. Now, No, it's not what I drove by the other day. It's not blocked off. They put signs on that street. You don't get it, parker, I'm sure make sure Buyersking where I will park for free? Like, yes, that's fun. The weekend we almost did hang out, but we didn't because we were both for drunk in DC separately, separate areas. That was fun. You were in DuPont. I was in Navy Yard because I went to the Nats game and I was out, had my cheese Korean corn dog. It was delicious, delicious. They kept that place right, they did. That's that's luckily wanted to stand at the Captain. It was just as even busier than it was last time. Last season we went but waited over an hour for Shakeshack. But I'm glad we did because the Shakeshack we were gonna go to was that Pentagon City Mall, so I'm glad we didn't go there. The goal was at the end of the game more on myself and uh my college friend Matt, We're gonna go back home because Pentago City Mall is like the closest metro to me and eat the Shakeshack there. Luckily we did it because that Shakeshack was closed because there was a big old fight yeah in Paga City Mall that shut it down, So good thing we didn't go it was it just literally teens just being teens, teens being teens. Baby The Grassy an episode of Grassy. I know you watched it. No, I never watched The Grassy. Jake Drake is Jimmy from De Grassy. You know, he was in a wheelchair. But like what in the episode, what they just have like a team fight. It's someone of those fights everywhere in that show. You know. Oh okay, shooting was a little two ahead of its time, which is wild. It was because Drake was a kid in the in the wheelchair. I know that, right, But did he get shot? He was a basketball star and then got shot because he's in the wrong place, wrong time. And then like the last season, Drake's and there like you're singing like forever. Now, why the hell are you in this show? Really? You're going on tour with a little lane he was, yeah, he was, oh wow. And Sunday we had our friend Yoder's birthday part Man, I'm drinking too much and that was fun because we hung out with our friend. Our friend dusted and tried his wing special sauce. You guys loved it. It was getting old and dip it in buffalo and barbicane barbecue buffalo sauce.
Speaker 3: It was interesting. It wasn't a fan, but it was good. It was It was okay. Yeah, but I'm also not a fan of all those sauces. I know that for sure. I'm not not that big of a fan of all that sauce. But you know what, can I say? I'm a weird guy.
Speaker 1: I'll see you wanna know something, Yes, I spend one hundred dollars on a new pillow go away. Why why did you spend one hundreds Because I'm worried about my neck. It hurts. What do you mean it hurts when I sleep? So you need to get a new pillow, I said, let me splurge on a nice pillow. Amazon. It was the best rated pillow according to a bunch of articles. So it's what one hundred dollars pillow? It's one. You got stuff yourself? What do you mean you got stuff at yourself? They give you the patty and your stuff at yourself basically if you want a thicker or you want a thinner. And I got it. And I was like, I gotta get cooling because I like to have a cool head when I'm sleeping. Do you want a cool head when you're sleeping? I don't know. I move around so much. I don't know how I haven't fallen off the bed. I can't wait comes to day. I'm gonna try it out and I want you hate it. I hope I will keep the tag on it today. You can anything on Amazon, I know, but I don't. Yeah, Amazon sells it, but I don't know what the return policy is. You can return anything, but it's not Amazon. Right, we bought the Amazon they take everything back. But it might be like you break the seal. You can't like return.
Speaker 3: It or something that you return it, we'll see Also if you're gonna return, there's a drop off center.
Speaker 1: There's a Whole food I just drop it off the Whole Foods right there. And there's one by me too. That's right Amazon Fresh Baby. I thought those were going on though, those will die just the ones that were building. The ones that are still around are still around. So I don't know what it is, but I'm excited to try that tonight. But you know what I'm excited to do with you right now? So good stuff you logo style load style whoop whoop h. This is where we read actual misconnections from Washington, DC dot chryslist dot org slash m I s see whose freaker is a DC, Maryland or Virginia virgin and just have a good time. We've kind of been doing this for a while and we kind of seen the tail of the tape of there's common ones hungry for chocolate cake. We we've seen that one before. Yeah, so like it's not a new one, but this one seeking a cougar, Well, that's new gallery place. Ooh, single AA mail and thirties looking for a single white female in their forties or fifties to grab dinner with while in town, and maybe a little more. Please be a non smoker, fit, dragon, disease free and healthy. I thought the DD meant double D boobs. You couldn't be that too.
Speaker 3: That's in gallery place, all right, go for it seeking a cougar, get it done side right your next one Heeric the seven eleven at North New Hampter, New Hampshire and Randolph ain'k go, Oh my god, I've seen you at the seven eleven more than once, always on the.
Speaker 1: Late night, Always on the late night.
Speaker 3: Seems like maybe our schedules aren't too different. It's my go to seven eleven, and it feels like it may be yours. You helped a case of water to my car as you're as you told the cashier, you're a gentleman. Most recently I saw you Saturday night, technically Sunday morning. Learned that you were at Uwamata and look just and you look just even so scrumptious in that uniform latino.
Speaker 1: With a beard.
Speaker 3: You smell good, you always do. You're well dressed, you're handsome. I'd like to take a chance to kill you. I'm gonna try and tell you to your face whenever I see you again. Maybe maybe not. I'm not confident. I'm not I'm not as a confident person as I am in this post.
Speaker 1: But yeah, pipe gay PEEZI you know what I'm saying that it was a long one. All right, Young Latino male playing hooky? Uh need a host? Thirty five nine? Oh that's the number, uh Latino male in bull run one. That's really that's really far. That's really far unless you live there, very far. But needs a host? All right, let's do McDonald's in town McDonald's in town, Poolsville, Polsville. I used to go. I used to always go in for dinner.
Speaker 3: You gave an incredible smile, and you'd always say my name when you saw me.
Speaker 1: I think you were you. I think about you. Off used to call me guappo.
Speaker 3: At least your co workers used to chuckle and call me that when I walked in. I wish I could talk to you and see how things could go.
Speaker 1: Whoa McDonald's bathroom? Oh man, here you go, buddy. Oh no, we've done that one. I'm sorry. Sorry, let's go with let's go with you need it. Rougher male for female d M V is DC. You're an attractive woman that needs it rougher than you're getting male for female. All right, yes what that means.
Speaker 3: But okay, oh, wait to go back up a little bit. I thought I saw one up that's not going, that's it going. What was the one I thought I wanted to look at?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thanks Maria Burke Virginia. Thanks Marie. Dear Maria, Thanks Maria. We could we could make beautiful me together, could make beautiful music together with a smiley, winky b Virginia right by Lake Bragg baby. All right, mm hmm tennis or pickable. No, I think we've done something like that. Let's do my face? Is it you? I don't know why. Shopping in public with a a bulge, I think is what that is going to be? Clinton shopping in public, oh, with a raging boner at Walmart my sleep wearing T shirt early in the morning, you approached me and talked with me. I was read and embarrassed, trying to turn away and hide my boner, but you persisted. Next, oh, my god, next thing you know, I know, you grabbed it and continue to talk like nothing was happening. Love public fun I'm Mexican, twenty four years old, and you were older in your seventies, white and talked about fishing. Grab the fishing pole. You know, there's two guys. You think it was a guy and of girl.
Speaker 2: Could be anything, could be anything for you, bro, all right, get it alright. One more U store DuPont. There was a guy that held a little bookstore type of things in his basement in your DuPont, but haven't heard or seen anything about in a while. Perhaps still there or maybe close up shop. Trying to find out Happy weekend folks. There's a couple of bookstores. It's Cramer Books.
Speaker 1: That's the lame one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, aout nice travel woman. I would trying to find the Virginia one for the hell of it.
Speaker 1: Well, baby, you should uh see that's boring. You're picking a board. Let's do National Harbor buddies. You know, all right, we hung out in National Harbor, just two buddies at my place. I'm free tonight. Tell me what you drive. I don't know. It's you just hanging out. M go spend some money, gambling, getting that shakeshat and going.
Speaker 3: Home, and that shakeshack going home, touching each other's boners, touching boners anyway.
Speaker 1: That does it. For this week's Let's Get Weird, we'll be back and actually recanteing what goes down in Awesome Con this weekend. How many Pokemon cards will More let me buy? And how many toys will Max convince Eric to buy for him? Jinks can get Eric to buy a Lego. Oh, we're gonna go to the Lego minifike section. Baby, you're gonna be in trouble. And you can follow along our adventures this weekend at mister Eric B that's m R E R I c K B. Can follow me at Andrew Hoodie that's with the Why have a great week. Always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy. It got weird, didn't it. Yeah,