Speaker 1: It's the gift that keeps on giving every year.
Speaker 2: And hopefully you are ready because it's.
Speaker 1: It's about to get weird.
Speaker 3: You're prepared for it to get weird. Things are gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it.
Speaker 1: Let's get weird. Let's get it.
Speaker 3: Where where get Where? Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready to.
Speaker 1: Listen because you're listen to that.
Speaker 4: Ninety first ninety one under ninety one.
Speaker 1: Poundrome backwards for words backwards sort of fly doesn't look the same backwards.
Speaker 3: Well, but it's still not, you know not. So let's get weird.
Speaker 4: My name's Hoodie, I'm aware, And every week we come together give you the weird stories from our lives. The Internet's the down belows, the side downs and in between the screets and the sheets and uranus of all time, and just have a good.
Speaker 1: Old time, because you know, sometimes that's what you need, just to hang out. Hang out with your boys while you're stuck in traffic and they're just ranting at you from the back seat or the front seat based on how you do your crossfade in your little car stereo set or wherever you go when our free iHeart radio app.
Speaker 3: Yes, are you happy the Olympics are over now?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I was finally getting into the Olympics because I I wont because the TV here at work, we're only playing the Olympics because the NBC. Yeah, I put I got a chain on. I'm good for this PHO.
Speaker 3: Sorry that threw me.
Speaker 1: Okay is uh? I watched the Batman's and women's basketball finals and the breakdown. The breaking apparently next year, Yeah, because of the rag gun girl. Why because she did horrible and people in the judges or the committee was all right, pull it even though it got good at the end. That was like the first round, so they can't judge on the first round. I think they're actually like apparently they're bringing baseball back to the next summer games in twenty twenty eight, though, but how they can full eight nine any game? Let me find up this that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be boring nine to any baseball games, just like the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 1: That's the best thing they have here. Go you go, uh breaking dropping back, flag football, lacrosse is coming back. I think squash t twenty Cricket, Team twenty Cricket. Those are the sports coming twenty twenty. And there's that esports one that's coming off. I think it's the near future's.
Speaker 3: Cross at sixes so I means there must be six on six lacrono.
Speaker 1: But he into a lax bro and you go to one of these lax schools. Maybe now you can get a metal for it.
Speaker 3: But you know there's the pl Professional Lcross League. There's a team in Maryland.
Speaker 1: Well actually doesn't want to tell you because I literally saw a coop this on TikTok. Do you know there's a professional rooftop ball league?
Speaker 3: The Hell's rued? I saw the clip he throw the ball, Roof. Shut up, Let's go to a game, bro uh.
Speaker 1: Roofball World Championships. All right, how do we get to this? This is twenty twenty three and wait for the ad. Obviously, course Harrison pack at least so it's what he's selling. Roof goose Jack. No, so you sell this, but yeah, let's go like here, only heads were all up here. Yeah, they just toss it up on the ball And there's like an ESPN the Ocho sport where they toss it up on the roof, and I think, whoever hits the like pillar room marker, Yeah, I have to catch it. They don't catch it, they don't get the points. Yeah, I like, whose house is this?
Speaker 3: Who has a little chimney like that?
Speaker 1: Oh man? But that's not a real local here, No, not local, but it's a there's a world, it's a world championship. So yeah, world champion of that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll take that World championship, Belton.
Speaker 1: What was basically did basketball become like a real sport after that movie came out? Because you remember how there was a Dodgeball actual like TV show after the movie came out. There was where it was like a competition league and it was like all the the first season was like all the extras they had in Dodgeball actually formed teams and like competed. Where was this It was like ABC? I think it was like ABC Family. I think dodge I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: I love that movie dodge very very well.
Speaker 1: Extreme Dodgeball is what was called. That's right, I remember that logo. That was good. Bill Dwyer was a commentator. Okay, extreme Dodgeball here you go, uh two thousand on the Game show Network GSN. Yeah, we had the game show network.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: We had direct TV back in the day. We watched it. It was great. You watch that and then you watch Planko and all these other random game shows that are big now. Back in the day, they were indies. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, you re literally competed in dodgeball tournaments the whole entire time.
Speaker 3: All right, well that's great. I'm a little uh, you know, this Olympic, I was not interested at all. I kind of wanted to watch the powerlifting.
Speaker 1: I missed it.
Speaker 3: I only got to see like one round of it, and then I did watch the breaker. You give me a yawns, Sorry for giving you your yawns as well. But I think that she kept breaking. I don't know. I'm kind of mad that.
Speaker 1: I think it's a petition again for it to come out in the next one. But it's just like cool, like like the people that won this year great, they're just they're the only medalist for the next eight ages.
Speaker 3: Because that Australian breakdancer did the ray Gun thing that's like an actual break name was ray Gun or whatever, the breakup and move that's an actual move. I don't know if you were so down on it, like God, And.
Speaker 1: I think it's like when you think of breakdancing, you think of more. I actually said it because the watch this was like, oh, if this was ten years ago, the Jabbelwaukeees would be all over this from America's Best Dancer, like twenty.
Speaker 3: Years that's a dance crew break Dancy's one on one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but if they had a crew, or we got dumb, or you got the you gotta started.
Speaker 3: Yeah that okay?
Speaker 1: Oh man, wait time for group dancing.
Speaker 3: You know, in two thousand and six to eight, there's some banger movies though they still they still kind of carry a little bit.
Speaker 1: Chris Brown, right, the.
Speaker 3: Beginning was and he died.
Speaker 1: He died, and he had to stomp out the yard to stomp out his brother from haunting him right as he wants to go become And you got served was good. It was Omarion and the other guy and they danced and they remember they practiced danced in the rain and.
Speaker 3: Then saved the last dance with Channing. Tatle I did watched that one Channing and then they made three more of them. They saved the last dance.
Speaker 1: Four, and they say the dast dance you there's one of that. Really, Oh, step up as what I'm thinking of. Yeah, that's the other one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you know what he say the last dances in Channing Tatum. That's step up as Channing Tatum. They made four just just step up. One is Channing. He's only one of them. Say the last dance was with oh my god, Oh my god type and say the last dance, this is gonna drive me crazy.
Speaker 1: He doesn't one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Julie Styles, Julia Styles and Sean Patrick, Carroy Washing.
Speaker 3: Kerry Washington is in it, and Vince Green.
Speaker 1: A lot of other people do much after this movie.
Speaker 3: She was the white girl that was like they had rhythm.
Speaker 1: You know, they just looked this up posite. I mean technically you have you got black Swan, you got served Footloose remake Stopped the Yard.
Speaker 2: Honey, did you ever see Honey? That's a bad movie. Chicago, Step Up Revolution, Step Up three? Chicago was a dirty burlesque. How did you feel about the burlesque show last week?
Speaker 1: By the way, the Star Wars, I.
Speaker 3: Was glad that we went.
Speaker 1: I appreciate before we get there. We went from an era of dance movies to the era of singing a cappella movies because I had a pitch perfect like in twenty fourteen. But back to what you were thinking yet, I just.
Speaker 3: Wish it was actually in an actual theater, theater where you could see everything.
Speaker 1: Better instead of an event space.
Speaker 3: I mean, the sets are beautiful, the performers were incredible. They applaud them. They're all local too. John found out, yeah, a couple were like local dancers because he went to the Instagram or whatever and they had the dancers on there, so that's dope. That was really cool. I just wish again it was on a grander scale, because, yeah, we just.
Speaker 1: Had a little more wiggle room in the seats because I was in your pit.
Speaker 3: We were left.
Speaker 1: I was like, why am I warm and wet? Like? Oh's because Eric's arm was over me?
Speaker 3: Because well rain. Also, you should have told me that we should take a car.
Speaker 1: I love a summer summer walking the rain. That was great. Coworkers who stairs, I was having fun.
Speaker 3: I should have like, give me this, I feel the train and drop I should I shouldn't have asked you to be the navigator.
Speaker 1: I was not the navigator. No, you guys laughed. I was like, well, let me just have the map up just in case. And all of a sudden when you guys got lost, like oh, hoodies, been knowing where we're going the whole time, Like, no, I haven't, and.
Speaker 3: I've been following you guys. You said go this way.
Speaker 1: I did not. Yes, I was the last one in the group that left the restaurant. There was five other people that could have said go this way or that way. It's okay. IVERY won a good time because I think the thing is everyone would have hated it if the show wasn't good. And the show was good, so everyone kind of forgot the rain part as far as I know.
Speaker 3: So we post that picture though of all of us and front of a.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the best. It wasn't the best photo. We were coming right out of the rain storm and we're not looking good at all.
Speaker 3: That I did suck that I had to leave it in our mission of My little buddy, Max was a little mad. He missed dad, and so I had to go home and take care of him. Little kid is good at manipulating me. I don't realize that because Saturday, this past Saturday, we spent the whole day inside and I hated it. It was a beautiful day, it was nice and sunny, warm, and he did not want to.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something. You're gonna spend the whole day on Friday inside because the Marvel Fortnite season starts. Then he's not a.
Speaker 3: Fan of it.
Speaker 1: Why not he's not a fan of it, I thought, because like the Marvel one, I feel like is what brought me back into Fortnite. And I thought it was like when I was the glact this thing hmm, which was the last time they had Marvel in there. A lot of people loved it.
Speaker 3: Because he did not like the event that they had last week where the battles the ship blew up and then the box showed up again. What the heck is the name of the damn thing Pandora's box showed up because it was really like lackluster and he wasn't a fan of it. And I don't also think he really he has not grown up with X Men and Marvel as much as we have, and so he's just like eh, I mean, he loves Dead Pull and Wolverine because we saw the movie. We took him to it. Yes, I took my son because he dead, But Woverine come for me.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: He's my son, But as far as like Cyclops and all those guys, he could care less, Like he didn't really care for Doctor Doom. He's like, uh, peelis Wolverine.
Speaker 1: But probably bring back all the old marble skins too, in case you didn't get them last time.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, because I'm not spending all that money on all those skins.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, Eric, his birthday is coming up V Bucks instantly.
Speaker 3: Not no, no, no, not for him for me, because remember the little m effort took my epic game loggin. He's under mister Eric V. I'm under Babear seven nine seven nine, okay, because I got him some Fortnite, so he has all of my skins, the Rock one, Hulkbuster, all of them.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta maybe just make a third account like this is yours and lock him out of the other one.
Speaker 3: He would kill me, I think, stress idea.
Speaker 1: And then here here's v Bucks start fresh baby.
Speaker 3: I could buy them that one hundred dollars v Buck card and he'd be like, he'd go crazy with it.
Speaker 1: How fast would he's all done? Ten minutes five all the mister best skins and he's like, oh, I'm done now, that's it. Well they're not on the shop or whatever is on the shop, and be like, oh, I'm by the whole category and actually.
Speaker 3: Definitely Boy the Wolverine and Deadpool two Pac thing and something else. But the Fortnite's still not on the iPhones yet right now.
Speaker 1: No, no, yet, it's coming. It's supposed to get in there. It's in the UK and the UK EU whatever it is, but America is just slow on it. So it was at one point which was great for like if you wanted to just get in get the update or get like the whatever. The logging bonus was get some skins, but now you know, got booed up the console.
Speaker 3: Baby, That's what I really need to get them is a PS five. I think I might have to do that for my birthday. Birds coming up real fast, so you might need to start thinking about that. But I feel like they're everywhere nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think they're more readily available like to buy, like go to like a Walmart Walmart and just get beyond the case they have to have it in the back room. Oh yeah, or it's like, oh, we have it in two days, you know.
Speaker 3: Quick, little engine Target. I love Target. I will go to Target whenever I want, but you need to have more than one person in the electronic section. It kills me.
Speaker 1: Buying electronics video games.
Speaker 3: They're all in the electronic section. When I worked at the ar z on A Toys r US, there's always two people in the r zone no matter what, so one could go get whatever product it was, and the other can handle customers and bring people up. The two man tag team always works. You leave one of these poor nerds in the freaking Target electronic sections and it looks like his head's gonna explode.
Speaker 1: Well, come on, baby, I mean the other thing is not a lot of people buying video games in the actual store anymore, unless you're like game stop.
Speaker 3: Every time I go, Hoodie, it is a ten to fifteen minute wait because some old dude is buying a cell phone and the Target employee guy has to help them. Exactly they're buying burner phone.
Speaker 1: You're buying every time you go to Target in the electronics store.
Speaker 3: Well, the last we bought Max Pokemon Sword and Shield because to get it, couldn't you just taken the case to the front register. The cases are inside of the thing they have him hit underneath. So what they do is they have the case right with the game on top underneath that is the game itself.
Speaker 1: Tectice you and steal it or take the game out.
Speaker 3: Because jewel cases where all you need is a flat aet screwdriver, you pop those open very easily. So come for me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know at good old game stop where I worked, not the r Zone game stop. No, we just have the empty cases on the shelves, and you have all the disc behind the count right.
Speaker 3: And then again and then the guy the the game stop at Montgarry Mall. That person does not leave behind the desk.
Speaker 1: No, you have to say the desk. He does not leave if you want to have all the discs like drawers open. But if you leave behind the desk, you then lock them all up just in.
Speaker 3: Case, I would already have him locked. No matter what, just go back and open.
Speaker 1: It whenever I now, because only one person has the key, right, But if you still need to go back that way, if someone comes in and tries a rout the place, they have to figure out which person has the key.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm still going for the drawer the cash place.
Speaker 1: I'm they I'm supposed to just let them rob it, so well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the other thing. But always go for the cash or.
Speaker 1: Don't go for the game some In fact, there's a bathroom in the back of game stop, so if you think there isn't there is not every well that has to be well if it's a non mall, one for sure, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, because they have to have your employees to use the bathroom.
Speaker 1: It was dirty. It was the manager's job to clean it. And I guess what brought in for the very busy shifts because we need our ringer.
Speaker 3: Do you miss them? Do you miss coming to game stop?
Speaker 1: I hate it. I liked it, But at the same time, it's like, especially now in this kind of era of gaming and stuff, you're just sitting there waiting. And I think I've said this on the podcast before, a lot of parents would just make us their free babysitter for kids, which I don't blame them. My parents did that back in the day when they would go to food line because the game stop was right there and get groceries, pick us up and go. But when it's like the dropples off and we don't see him for like an hour and they come back from Barnes and Noble. Apparently they had a cafe, a coffee that ran.
Speaker 3: Oh you put a sign out the front door that says this is not a babysitting place. Also, this angry face compared to that angry face, mine can read yours.
Speaker 1: I was top dog there because of this job. Because they're like, whoa, you know how to talk to people? I'm like, yeah, you know how to actually balance the people? Yeah, it's real easy if you've been doing it for so long, what interaction? You know how to talk to people. The only thing I sucked to is that the looping video, like and luckily I only worked it was like maybe twice a week because I didn't hear it all the time, and he usually update every five days. We'd be like, oh here at like here's w W two K twenty three. It's the same guy doing the video and you hear it like every hour on the hour, and you're like, hah, all right, three more times than I'm out of here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never had that problem in the R Zone. Also got to play my own music and I got to do whatever I wanted. You know because I was a badass.
Speaker 1: What happened wise, one of them doesn't exist anymore and one of.
Speaker 3: Them, know, one of them doesn't exist anymore because they won two things. They failed because they let their own music, because I used to have ninety to point one wash fmon all the times I knew better or hot back in the day. As well, they failed. Toys r US failed in that they didn't compete price competition with Walmart and and uh Target, and the thing did now, they really didn't compete. They were a little more expensive. And then the third thing, the other thing was that they did not did not follow Amazon's online shipping thing. They thought people would want to go to a store and actually feel the toy product, which is stupid because Toys Rus should still be around. I hate going to Target and spending three hundred dollars in one store, damn it. I want to spend one hundred dollars and two different stores.
Speaker 1: Toys Rust had lay away, right, yes, it had lay away. I'm light away. That was the one thing I like went away. I don't know. They brought it back into like like it's there, but not really like it be like twenty fifteen. It like fully went away because like my mom would notoriously like get gifts, put it on layway and then wait for that Christmas bonus and then get them as soon as you got the bonus. You can't do anyone. You gotta have it all up front or do the ease whatever pavement.
Speaker 3: My stealing ridiculously, hoodie, now you do that.
Speaker 1: No, you can't steal it. Would you'd buy it and they'd hold onto the stuff, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, or they'd misplace it in the then the person be like, I can't find your lay away.
Speaker 1: Like we got the Wii because my all got on on layway when it came out, and then she got it for Christmas. She's like, well the only people could get it for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at your mom. Such a smart woman to us. Or you might be coming back, buddy. I mean right now at Macy's and there's a flagship store in Canada, New Jersey and.
Speaker 1: There's a Canada on We need to do a road trip to Canada to get you that Canada.
Speaker 3: Go to the tos I go to the one in Canada, New Jersey. It's an actual Canada. Is like, yeah, the one in Canada's actually to Canada.
Speaker 1: If you don't know where in Canada. I didn't even mention wearing Canada. I don't know where in can Just somewhere in Canada we can go to the Mecca flagship game stop. I don't know where that's it's probably Texas. That's probably New York. That's Texas.
Speaker 3: Why Texas that's where it's at. Is that the home birthplace a tough game game stop?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It is funny. When I when More and I went to London, when we got engaged in all that, there was a game stop. It was raining, like, oh, let's go inside the game stop and kill like five minutes. This game stop was a double duck or game stop that had like a whole lounge up top that you could like plague like. They were kind of incorporating like how tabletop gaming is with like if you go to like a card shop, but like you just bring and bring out your game, your TVs and stuff. It was cool.
Speaker 3: Did game stop buy out? EB Games? Was EB Games a competitor of game Stop? Because I don't know if you remember that, No, I do, because.
Speaker 1: The only EB Games that I knew about was in Lynhaven Mall uh. In Virginia Beach, Virginia. They literally had pretend this is the hallway of the mall. EB Games was on this side, GameStop was right across the other side. GameStop owns it. Yeah, it's just the funkt in the US. But it's it's so funny because another WW game, because your boy had all the WW game because you love W was EB Games would have like a certain pre order bonus and GameStop and so you'd be like, oh, based on whatever game came out, and that would have the busier line and GameStop bought it. Then there was at one point two game stop locations in the same mall, which made no sense at all.
Speaker 3: Made That's just like with the toys r US and KB toys, but KB toys only for malls. Wasn't toyster US own KB toys, No, but KB toys was the competitor. I think towers didn't buy them out, but KB toys mostly in malls and not had brick and mortars. But KB toys always seemed a little more junkier than toys US least be one of more mom and pop than toys r US KB toys. Yeah, definitely wasn't well at least the ones I went to same more super The only one that I went to was in Ohio, so it was with my grandparents, Mom and Pop, Grandpa, grandpapop boop boop.
Speaker 1: But what's out of here in the distance. It's time for some you know, we know why you're wondering, why is this the time? Well, why the hell not? Eric, You are right to us did acquire the rights KB Toys in two thousand and nine. That yeah, right when they went out of business. But then Toys r Us went out of business, so now it's kind of wherever it wants to be. We're not out of business.
Speaker 3: Toys snow.
Speaker 1: Toys r Us went out of business.
Speaker 3: No, they filed for bankruptcy whatever. It's not the same thing.
Speaker 1: Toys r uspell toys are us bro Sorry it's two quotation marks. Yeah, are gosh, game stop right? I think so? I'm kind of mad. My coat, I cook my play coat stopped working out for the longest time it did. It was working for like two years after I left GameStop, and it stopped working one day. It's like, oh that sucks. It was like thirty percent, but that's a lot. Yeah, but anyway, we read real miss connections from Washington, DC dot Craigslis dot org. See who's freaker? Is it DC, Maryland or Virginia And as has been the case, Maryland has been freaker. Actually, we have a good number of miss connections. This time we were off. Last week, we were off a little vacation. It's okay, uh. First one up, looking for American pie woodbridge, older white white male. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here, looking for female who has some sweet America American BA to share with me. Any race be over the age of eighteen. Thanks for putting that in there, buddy, Sweet American bat like the rock said some poon tang pie hon raw.
Speaker 1: Next one moss bag of nuts, Old Town, Alexandria, the flood zone. You were looking to crush some. If you still have an interest, please respond. I lost your number.
Speaker 3: Next one nut crusher, Nut crusher.
Speaker 1: I S in search of.
Speaker 3: Oh in search of white female on business travel Penn Quarter. In search of a white female between the age of thirty five and forty five that is visiting for work. Please be dark, drug free, non smoke or healthy and fit. I'm a single, gun professional male looking for some good, clean and no strings attached fun pick four pick butt for butt.
Speaker 1: There you go? Should we you know what? Maybe next week we'll see if we'll had Baltimore into the fray. No, it'll be roal for you every time. Yeah, all right. Next one, hungry for some chocolate cake chocolate falls church jay white guy here like a for those basket and black men with those chocolate cakes that need to be eaten at n E N no I n G. Next one, ordinance training, your obedience obedience training?
Speaker 3: Sorry, women only? Are you bored, lonely, angry, tired, anxious, depressed, curious, attached, detached, kind of attached? Whatever is your fix? I fixed that, already fixed. I fix that too. Women wanting to hear colors please apply with pick and resume. I've never and will never disappoint Women needing to be put in their place? Want me? Women wanting to be put in their place? Need me, tall, fit, dominant white male here for women only.
Speaker 1: What a dicky Virginia, Virginia.
Speaker 3: There a clean, sweet apartment.
Speaker 1: Came from Maryland searching for my low key buddy in woodbrid I'm a laid back guy who's looking for a low key buddy to stop by the glory whole, occasional action. If there's gloryhole, if there's something that interests you in receiving, then send me a message. Oh, if this is something that interests you in receiving, then send me a message. Just stand there, let me work my magic.
Speaker 3: In wood Bribridge.
Speaker 1: Where would there be a Woodbridge gloryhole. There's that random rest stop in Woodbridge that's like just randomly there. Yeah, and then there's an Amtrak station. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh, brown chocolate seeks quality, white chocolate seeking quality. White uh, white male, white male over the age of forty. I am a black female, right or I am a yeah, black female, slim, five foot graduate school, no one night stands ideal, genuine gentleman, is educated, funny, kind and in shape. It's like the Georgetown area d C is she went clown Clarion. Oh, you're right, not clarenon Baal Canal Road, Claire Barton Parkway.
Speaker 1: Philamina, we're just listening to George hen things.
Speaker 3: Let's go, I miss Philamina, I've been there and I want to go back next time.
Speaker 1: We are something in d C.
Speaker 3: No, because they're not going to appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You and me, baby, Next time we have something in DC. Yeah, all right, fine, well that does it for us on this week. So let's get weird Eric. Unfortunately that actually fortunately has to go to lunch with someone that's not me, and now would shocked most of you and even my wife that I'm not getting lunch. But you can follow Eric at mister Eric V. That's m R E R I c kV. You can follow me at Andrew Hoodie with the why have a great week. I always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy.
Speaker 4: It got weird, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah,