Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: And strangely enough, our ratings are great.
Speaker 3: You know why because I start the show every morning with complete inanity in ain stuff.
Speaker 2: Is there a word inanity is?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Use it three times and you'll get a three go.
Speaker 3: That's like Fox is Sean inanity and now Handle on the news.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: All right, we're now Tuesday, February eleventh. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: All right, We've got a lot going on today. We're going to bring back Trump a little bit. It's hard. We did a Trump free show on Friday.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was more or less Trump free today. Yeah, I don't know, ann Is Anne and I are deciding of.
Speaker 5: The United States.
Speaker 2: How do you not mean literally it's insane? Happened.
Speaker 3: No, We've got a lot going on. I mean I was looking. One of the things I yet in the morning is CNN five Things. It's sort of the headlines, well, yes, of what's going on, and there is a thing with Trump. Just a sort of a list of what's going on. And it's kind of fun. It really is, well, not quite fun, especially if you're in.
Speaker 2: Gaza which I start the news with that. First, let me say.
Speaker 3: Hello, Amy, good morning, Hi Bill, I love iHeart diet coke. Wow, good for you, Thank you. I don't know if you did it for me.
Speaker 6: But didn't, but I thought, actually, this is a birthday present from my sister in law, and when she sent it, I thought, oh boy, next Christmas, I'm getting one of these for Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely a T shirt.
Speaker 5: I don't know that you said that.
Speaker 2: I think fun.
Speaker 3: I wear T shirts and occasionally I will wear actually I wear really large T shirts. I tend to wear three X even though I'm excel But I've got, you know, fat dysworphia.
Speaker 2: Where I look in the mirror and all.
Speaker 3: I see is my portray protruding gut. And it's not very bad. Remember I lost one hundred pounds. I mean that was no you look that was.
Speaker 4: I bitch at you about this all the time and say, wear form fitting clothes because you lost all that weight and you still dress like you haven't you wear my size clothes when you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: You know, when I was there's a story. I don't know if I've ever shared that before, but.
Speaker 2: When I was in college. I don't know if it's I've shared the fact that I've done a druid or.
Speaker 3: Two and so the So there was a gal who I sort of lived in a commune kind of place. I don't think I've ever shared that a group of us lives in the house. I was in school up in Canada, and there was a gal who I took my first LSD trip because I had done LSD a few times and we were very careful about it. So there was a guide that was with us, someone who was not a part of our group, who was not doing LSD, and I ended up taking it.
Speaker 2: She was wonderful, terrific.
Speaker 3: Now, she was a heavy set young lady and would wear form fitting dresses, the kind that you have to be insanely.
Speaker 2: Thin to wear.
Speaker 3: I mean not just the normal weight, but I mean scrawny in order to get away with it. And she would wear We used to buy our clothes at the Salvation Army for a buck shirt, buck pants, and she would wear these things and the roles would stick out. I mean she it was pretty impressive, it really was. So there was that, and of course that was exacerbated with the LSD, and in those days, the women, as a matter of protests, would not shave armpits or hairs, and she had extraordinary hairs hair, and she would wear like compression stockings where the hair would stick through the stockings and it was really really impressive, like a Joshua tree cactus. Yeah, pretty much like a prickly cactus where it went right through. And then I just remember this. I mean, I don't think I've ever shared it. It just came back vivid memories.
Speaker 2: And then and then she decided that she was going to come on to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but she did, and there was, you know, hair coming out of her tongue.
Speaker 2: It was really very, very weird.
Speaker 5: How long did you guys date?
Speaker 2: About thirty seconds?
Speaker 3: And that was I think it was that one when I got into abouttub for like twelve hours and it was it was cold, but I didn't notice that water cooled off a little bit.
Speaker 2: And there were spider My hands turned into spiders and were crawling all over the room.
Speaker 3: But it was fairly benign because they were friendly spiders that had faces and talked.
Speaker 2: It was almost like the.
Speaker 3: Commercial that we saw in the Super Bowl with Seal his face on the seal. It was sort of like that except very friendly spiders.
Speaker 2: I didn't do too much.
Speaker 3: But you know, I never had one of those you know, bad LSD trips. Never did that's pretty bad. No, fine, it was fine, very benign. Don't do drugs, Oh yeah, don't do drugs.
Speaker 4: Do not.
Speaker 3: That was that could have gone bad, very very quickly. One of the guys I know spent I don't know how many hours not moving because he imagined he was up to his waist in concrete and he was pressing down on the concrete like a mime does.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was really wild stuff. I don't know why. I don't know why I went there.
Speaker 3: I don't think you've never heard that because I just I literally just thought about that, and I haven't had that memory for years and.
Speaker 2: Years and years.
Speaker 5: Are you hide now, No?
Speaker 3: No, just not feeling all that good or all that well. So you know what, let's take a break, we'll come back. Wow, I don't know what you're gonna do with the promo on that one cono it was.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting one, Like the concrete part. Bill as spider Man, but.
Speaker 7: Friendly neighbor hood spider Man.
Speaker 3: They were, Yeah, they were, and you know, everybody's frightened of taking a swan dive off a building thinking that they could fly, but that happens very rarely.
Speaker 2: It really does you know what you should do, ConA, not do it again.
Speaker 4: No, con will start taking these little musings that start at the beginning of the show, separate them, and then we'll just post his morning musings somewhere where people can go listen. If they don't want to get up at six am and hear this garbage, they can go back and listen to the garbage.
Speaker 6: Bitch.
Speaker 5: I love it personally, I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying as a former programmer, I don't know if it's what i'd start with, but I love it personally as a yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well good, you're warming your way out of that one. Okay, let's do it. Handle on the news, Amy Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 2: It's a Trump story.
Speaker 3: Trump has said now that the talks have fallen apart in with Kamas and Israel based on the fact that Trump said, I'm going to buy Gaza and I'm going to turn it into a resort and the Palestinians have to leave.
Speaker 2: And while I basically.
Speaker 3: Build Gaza and the Palestinians, Comas went crazy and now he says if by noon this Saturday, the rest of the hostages will not be released, he quote, all hell is.
Speaker 2: Going to break out.
Speaker 3: If anybody were to say that, any president, I would say, okay, posturing. I don't know if Donald Trump postures under these circumstances.
Speaker 2: If anybody could do that, it'd be him.
Speaker 4: He did put an asterisk by it and said, that's just me. What Israel's going to do is up to them. But if it was me, I think Israel's going to back him up.
Speaker 3: Nettanna, who called him a thinker outside the box and brilliant.
Speaker 4: And yeah, well, you gotta love him sticking to his guns literally.
Speaker 7: There looking for looters.
Speaker 6: State lawmakers have introduced legislation to strengthen penalties for looting and impersonating emergency personnel during emergencies, and yesterday La Kenny Da Nathan Hoffman came out along with elected officials and said, listen, we've made it clear there's zero tolerance for these kinds of crimes, for people who are trying to exploit the fire crisis, like looting, arson, price gouging, impersonating first responders, and financial scams.
Speaker 7: And he said, we'll go after him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's plenty of tolerance, and that the law isn't nearly strict enough. When looting occurs, then you have society completely collapsing on you. Not when someone robs the bank. It's not society collapsing. It's you rob the bank, or murder happens individually. This is when society falls apart. Voting should be years and years in prison, to the point where a lot of governments and I think to some extent, you caught looting, your shot on site.
Speaker 2: That's it. You're done.
Speaker 5: If you loot, we shoot. That's the way it used to be, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, looting you were shot on site.
Speaker 7: A catchy little phrase, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you loot, you'll get the boot.
Speaker 5: Nice. I like it, all right, we.
Speaker 2: Don't give a hoot. Matter of fact, we may file a suit.
Speaker 5: Get it out of your system, that is the truth.
Speaker 3: No, that didn't work, all right, almost, we're getting there, all right, got it out of my system, Neil, go ahead.
Speaker 4: US Immigration and Custom Enforcement or ICE. You see their sides everywhere. Noise you see those no ice on the They're posted in Santa Monica Boulevard West Hall with Friday Night sparked outrage. So you've got these signs everywhere saying you know that there's going to be some enforcement going out. Some person said, I went out side last night and these signs were posted along Santa Monica Boulevard. Residents said they called Danny Reevas, the city's director of community safety, and the signs were taken down.
Speaker 2: There were these official signs.
Speaker 3: I thought these were people take to a tree, but.
Speaker 2: People do well. Official signs are not duct taped to trees.
Speaker 5: No, they just look.
Speaker 4: It just says, uh. It just says like ice and has the seal and then gives you a number. So it's basically like oh and the number is.
Speaker 3: Legitimate, by the way, But it doesn't matter who tapes an official sign to a tree unless some city workers.
Speaker 2: Lost the dog.
Speaker 4: No, it says, you know, they believe that the they're likely fake printed at home and then duck taped up. But the number on there what went to Homeland Security?
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, so someone did that and yeah, all right, you know that's like someone putting up a sign.
Speaker 2: Remember the sign. Well, if you still up there.
Speaker 3: I think as you go north of the US border and a long highway five, it shows that family running with the kid in tow and yeah, and it shows that they be careful.
Speaker 2: They're running.
Speaker 3: It's like deer crossing, except they're running across the road. So you could do a lot with that sign. I'm not going to go out and say what because people are going to do that, but Ken logo for years, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: So that's very funny.
Speaker 7: Actually, okay, well this is no yoke.
Speaker 6: People are scrambling to get their eggs.
Speaker 2: You're done and you finished?
Speaker 7: What about Amy? And she finished too?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what I meant. You are.
Speaker 3: I always conflate the to you actually get a different first letter of your names.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that'll help you.
Speaker 2: I conflate my daughters. I conflate my daughters. I conflate my dogs.
Speaker 3: Tommy is a key, and is he is a she, and I completely conflate them constantly.
Speaker 7: So now you're calling ANNONI dogs.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, you're far from dogs. Actually no, I'm just saying I confuse the two of you.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, Well, anyway, Trader Joe's has a new policy limiting the amount of eggs that shoppers can buy. You know that egg prices are through the roof. Egg supplies are down. Bird flow is affecting all of that, and so it has put out a policy limiting customers to one dozen eggs per customer per day.
Speaker 7: And they're a bargain at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: They're five bucks, well, five dollars for a dozen.
Speaker 3: I buy the super friendly happy chickens out of the cages running around free pasture, pasture not past your eyes. Oh that would be pretty good, but they live in pastures. Fourteen dollars a dozen. The cheapest was nine to ninety nine a dozen. And you know their eggs. I tell Lindsey their eggs.
Speaker 5: Okay, eggs freaking nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's she has nuts. And then I buy meat.
Speaker 3: Then I buy meat where the cows are tortured before they're killed, because the hormones, you know, dopamine or whatever it is, goes through the cow and it's meat's war tender.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, so she doesn't demand the free range.
Speaker 2: You know, it's hard to get free range cows.
Speaker 5: It's not to catch them, hard to catch them because they're running around.
Speaker 3: They weren't around anyway, I mean a lot of them do. All right, let's go ahead and take a break.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 5: What is that story over them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 3: It's a boom. Yeah, I dropped that story o them. Is that what you said?
Speaker 5: That story over?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Baby, you welcome.
Speaker 5: Someone explained what that means to Coto.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Google has officialized the change of the name and the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America. Yeah, application there, they said, we have a long standing practice of pissing people up. No, they said, they for long standing practice of applying name changes when they have been updated in official government sources.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've done that by executive order.
Speaker 3: Mount Danali is now back to Mount McKinley, which became McKinley in nineteen fifteen, and now it's going back to the other name which has been around for four hundred years. Or same thing with Gulf of Mexico. Now the latest executive order is Ukraine becomes Umerica. We've got Saudi America, and of course Mexico is.
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 5: America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, America, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. So we're going to see a lot of executive orders.
Speaker 4: Trump did also change a little place in Nevada, and he changed it to Ariola fifty one because he thought it was hilarious. U.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we got well. And you know, originally I said paper maps. What are they gonna do with all the paper maps? I don't know if the government uses paper maps anymore.
Speaker 2: It's all online. This is easy.
Speaker 3: All you do is change it up and you're done. So Google has changed changed it up. Gulf of America. I wonder if that's going to stick. What are other countries doing? And I don't know the answer.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you America doesn't run, or the colors don't run, or the name America Golf won't run.
Speaker 5: Bitch America, USA. You you.
Speaker 6: McDonald's is taking mchit US. Store sales internings have both fallen. McDonald's was dealing with that E Coli outbreak a while ago. Sales declined one point four percent in the three months ending December thirty first, driven apart because customers are spending less money on their visits.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be doing a story at eight fifty last segment of the show today on what fast food organizations corporations are doing across the board to make themselves profitable again or stop losing money, stop hemorrhaging money.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to it, So the Super Bowl We had talked about this, how less people were willing to spend money to go out to the Super Bowl. While it doesn't translate into ratings, because the Super Bowl has achieved its biggest audience ever for the second year in a row. The average of one and twenty six million viewers watched the Philadelphia Eagles squish the Kansas City Chiefs just on the night there. It's a two percent improvement over last year's Telega cast, which was already the largest TV audience it had ever recorded. And of course you had the streaming was up high. It hit an all time high with three Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean if you look at you know, Fox Fox Deporte, is that's the way you pronounced it too, b Telemundo Sports NFL's streaming. Yeah, it makes sense because everybody is going to be is going to have it. Even the halftime show, Kendrick Lamar singing about Drake being a pedophile was enormously popular.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that might have brought people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show they did so.
Speaker 7: Mother Earth is a shape shifter.
Speaker 6: Scientists months ago confirmed that Earth's intercore or inner core, recently reversed its spin. Apparently, the innercore used to spin faster than the Earth. But then starting in twenty ten, it started to slow and is now revolving backwards.
Speaker 5: Thanks Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And now now researchers have found the first evidence that the core is also changing shape. They say signs of the core's deformation appeared in waves from earthquakes that were strong enough to reach Earth's center.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now that we're talking about the very very center of the Earth, which under such enormous pressure and heat, but it spins.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is nothing like we can experience.
Speaker 3: And then you have the outer level, and then above that you have this magma. Excuse made the magma, and then above that you have the crust.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 3: So the inner inner part can spin one way or the other and not affect the rotation of the Earth.
Speaker 2: How weird.
Speaker 5: How long before we're told that it's our fault?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man made the man made inner core.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the inner core has a fevor, all right. In response to President Donald Trump's continued musings about the US acquiring Greenland from Denmark, now you've got Danish citizens. I love their Danishes, delicious, they have launched their own effort to purchase America's most economically prosperous state, prosperous.
Speaker 5: It's easy to say, and that's us. They want to Denmark.
Speaker 4: They want to seek the Denmarkification of California. Yeah, and they've got two hundred thousand signatures.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious and why and they actually issue a statement more sunshine dominance in the tech industry makes sense. Limitless avocado toast, uh and easy access to Disneyland all great reasons to buy California.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine they they own legos? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love Denmark to own us.
Speaker 5: Is it Anne Denmarkian?
Speaker 2: I think she comes from Denmark. I think she does.
Speaker 5: Look at you.
Speaker 7: I'm a dual citizen.
Speaker 3: So yes, wow, dude, copen Copen Copenhagen, Yes.
Speaker 2: Great great city. Love It's just a neat city.
Speaker 3: The little mermaid out in the hot the harbor, which gets his head, which gets his head, which gets her head cut off, probably five times a year.
Speaker 5: Things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somes Denmark.
Speaker 5: They know what they're doing there.
Speaker 2: It's a neat country.
Speaker 3: It is a country that is very clean, very monogamous. No, they have no illegal migrants coming in. Actually, I think they do have some aliens coming in North Africans Europe it's all Northern Africans that come in illegally, all right, look to what the illegal Somalians?
Speaker 7: The damish?
Speaker 6: Oh Okay, something has been hiding for a very long time. Historians are studying a painting by Picasso and have uncovered a portrait of a woman hidden beneath the surface of the painting.
Speaker 5: Isn't that cool?
Speaker 4: The X ray these the X ray these paintings, and they can see if the artists started in a different direction, if there's they re used their canvases.
Speaker 6: A lot, because you didn't have a Michael's down the street back in the seventeen hundreds or sixteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so isn't that crazy? So they found a painting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which one is more valuable? Which one is more valuable? The one on top or the one underneath? And I'd like to know, Well, I have no idea. We'll figure that one out or they will. And by the way, I was putting my Furtatas into the toaster oven.
Speaker 7: Score one for me. I predicted it was for Tata's.
Speaker 6: So here's the thing, though, if he painted over it, he probably thought it wasn't that good. Maybe maybe, And how could they could they take the paint off sure, but then they would destroy the other one.
Speaker 3: That's exactly why I ask which one is more valuable?
Speaker 4: They have crazy abilities, But uh yeah, isn't there something under blue boy as well?
Speaker 5: I don't have painting underneath it.
Speaker 4: Don't couple like that that they started down a certain path and went, you know anyways, fascinating judge ordered the Trump administration to restore federal funding had tried to freeze, saying the White House wasn't fully complying with an earlier ruling against it.
Speaker 5: The order was one of several across.
Speaker 4: The judiciary that just this past Monday yesterday that paused rapid fire efforts by the White House to target federal spending and personnel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a story there.
Speaker 3: I think we're going to do it tomorrow about funding is being cut from which agency? And I love Vance yesterday who said that the judiciary has too much power.
Speaker 2: They shouldn't be able to legislate.
Speaker 3: They, I guess, should just just determine the legal validity.
Speaker 2: Of a law.
Speaker 3: But isn't that saying that that law is unconstitutional?
Speaker 2: That is legislating. Very strange.
Speaker 4: Those things get a little scary those when you start hearing things like that and Musk saying that they should be investigated.
Speaker 3: Or have you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In reality, though, the executive has the power to say no to the Supreme Court, no, no, thank you. Yeah, there's no, there's no court police. Nixon said, I'm going to say no to release the tapes.
Speaker 2: If it was a split court, it was.
Speaker 3: Unanimous that he had to release and it was just a huge issue. What do you mean even to say no? Supreme Court said you have to do it doesn't matter. I don't care, you know, go ahead and make me how Okay, let's do one quick Elon Musk story and let's end with.
Speaker 7: That, amy Okay.
Speaker 6: One Ai Apparently not enough, because Musk and a group of investors have now offered more than ninety seven billion dollars to buy the nonprofit that controls the artificial intelligence giant open ai, the company behind CHATJPT the open Ai CEO of Sam Altman, and he said, no, thank you, but Elon instead, how about I'll buy Twitter for nine point store seven four billion dollars if you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a company that he paid forty four billion dollars for. Musk and at the time it was worth twenty five billion dollars and you overpaid by? Are you overpaid by? One hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Too much? All right?
Speaker 3: And I'm going to do that at seven twenty, by the way, because there is a story there that I want to share with you.
Speaker 2: This is KFI AM six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.