Speaker 1: You are about to listen to the Doctor Dahlia Show, sassy stimulating talk radio and now here's doctor dahliat doctor doctor t.
Speaker 2: Me Alie, Alie, Allie.
Speaker 3: So if you haven't guessed, I'm not feeling too well on my own choice, and I wouldn't do it different, but I decided to complete my shingles vaccine series. And for those of you that have ever gotten your shingles vaccine, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You get the first shingles vaccine, you feel bluff for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: You got the second one, you feel horrible. And I feel horrible.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I know there's a lot of people who are not very you know, pro vaccine, going Dolly, and why do you keep doing this to yourself?
Speaker 2: Why are you getting these vaccines?
Speaker 3: And then we have to hear you complain about them because you know, I'm honest. I'm gonna tell you if I'm gonna vaccinate against something, I'm really honest about that. Maybe too honest, but the shingles vaccine, for me, I thought it was a good idea. I had chicken pox as a kid, in pretty bad chicken pox and shingles is your chicken pox that decides to hide out in one of your dermatomes and then comes out in a period of stress, or COVID could wake it up and then or something else could reactivate it and then you get a very painful, blistering rash. If I only thought I would get shingles on my butt, I might rethink the vaccine. But my hunch is I'm gonna get the shingles all across my eye and face. I don't want that, or I'll get it wrapped around my chest where I can't breathe. So for me, I wanted to get the shingles vaccine. I also got the cat vaccine. The I got the uh uh pneumonia vaccine as well, because after this last bout of covid, I'm like, I don't want pneumonia, and the uh the pneumonia vaccine now is just a one shot deal where you don't have to get a rebooster and it covers you for at least twenty one different strains. So for me, I was like, that's a good deal and insurance, most insurance covers it. But the shingles vaccine aUI aUI aUI my arm.
Speaker 2: Is killing me.
Speaker 3: My underarm is swollen. I can't lift my arm, horrible headache, couldn't sleep, felt feverish, completely nauseated, couldn't get comfortable, hardly slept last night. Now, but it's worth it. It's worth it, I mean for me. Now, somebody could say, well, isn't that scary? Not really, because it means my immune system got woken up.
Speaker 2: And shingles scares me. Not the one that you get on the butt, but if I got it anywhere else.
Speaker 3: I've had patience where they had post herpetic neuralgia, where that pain haunted them for life. And I'm the type of person. Maybe it's because I'm a doctor where when something goes wrong or there's a side effect, you're the one that's gonna get it. Learn early on that when I got pregnant, you know, you, being a doctor, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have the complications. It just happens.
Speaker 3: Because you're working all the time, you're not hydrating enough, you're around so much infectious disease. You know you're gonna get the complications. And it's like, well that sucks. And so always whenever something goes wrong, it seems to go wrong with me. So for me, I'm like, you know, if I'm getting shingles, is probably not gonna be the easy kind. And we also had studies if you remember last year that said those people that get the shingles vaccine have a lower case of dementia. Now, maybe it's because shingles, especially if it hits you know, the face and eye and brain, or you have a severe, severe infection of shingles, that can be pretty pretty devastating and you know, affect your brain health. But for me, I was like, I'm gonna do it, but I feel like crap. So whenever you do get the shingles vaccine, you want to make sure you have at least two or three days off work. At least you want to let your employer know you're getting a vaccine. Okay, don't panic about me having an infectious disease. I am going to be feeling like crap. But I got to tell you something. The one thing though, that happens to me with these vaccines that I've been excuse me, very happy of about, is I don't get the illness if I get the vaccine.
Speaker 2: So they work on me.
Speaker 3: For some people they may not work, but for the maturity of us, they do, and so I chose to do that.
Speaker 2: I know there's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Going, oh, yeah, man, I don't like vaccines. I don't trust the government, and that's your personal choice.
Speaker 2: I'm not telling you to go and do something.
Speaker 3: But for me, it really made a lot of sense because what I've seen with shingles, and I've seen it due to patience, and what I think it could do to me not good. And so if it means for a couple of days, I'm gonna feel like crap, I'll go with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I know people say, yeah, but shingles doesn't kill shingles technically.
Speaker 3: I've never seen somebody die of shingles, but I have seen somebody go blind, I have seen somebody get secondary infections. I have seen people get very very ill. I just don't want that now. And another thing too that also steered my thinking, which I know is not going to be something you all want to hear, is I am now of the mindset that there is not going to be a hospital bed with my name on it where, if God forbid, I need to go to the hospital. Were full right, we do not have the infrastructure for the amount of population that we have. It used to be you went to the hospital, you get admitted, but that's not the case. I'm hearing people are stuck in the er for days. I'm hearing hospitals are full, overwhelmed, and so my fear, especially with the pneumonia. So I got the pneumonia vaccine is if God forbid, It's my time where I'm like, Okay, now I need to.
Speaker 2: Go to the hospital I had. This is my first.
Speaker 3: Time that I'm going to be told no, sorry, we can't help you. And it's not that the er would say that, it's that I would have to be diverted to someplace where there's room. We don't have enough facilities anymore, and the medical systems are overwhelmed. We have just too many people and not enough structure, not enough infrastructure, and not enough staff. So I need to make sure I don't get sick. Ah Am I gonna get the flu vaccine this year?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I haven't decided yet, because this is really messing me up right now. I don't think I could get I did my left arm because I really need to use my right arm, and I know that I just can't even basically bend to.
Speaker 2: My left arm. Right now.
Speaker 3: The problem with that is you don't want left arm pain because then you're thinking, oh my god, if I'm having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: So I with the COVID vaccine.
Speaker 3: I told you, I'll really consider doing it on the right because you're gonna think you're having heart issues for a month, because you know, if you're you react like I did to the COVID vaccine on the left side. But I gotta tell you, when I got that COVID booster, I didn't get COVID for a year or two. That was kind of nice because I just got COVID this summer and it sucked. As you know, the COVID strain is going is now circulating. Not a lot of hospitalizations, thank god, but people are down for weeks and it's not good. Don't get the shingles vaccine if you're sick. I felt like I was well enough and not having you know, COVID, that I could, you know, function and do well. But talk to your medical provider. For those of you over fifty, we recommend it. For those of you nineteen years old and above, if you're at high risk, we recommend you get the vaccine. Talk to your medical provider. Also, consider the pneumonia vaccine because the number one cause of death with flu is a pneumonia. You know, the number one in veccious disease that affects older individuals is an ammonia. So you really need to, you know, make sure that you're preventing that. And so I love that we have a vaccine for that. So, but it's my personal choice. I I don't give me crap if I wanted to do that one eight seven seven doct DOLLI don't go away.
Speaker 5: This is an urgent announcement for anyone that's ten thousand dollars or more in debt. Before you make another minimum payment, you need to know there are special programs that can completely free you of your debt. Total Financial Freedom can help you become debt free in months instead of years, resolve your credit card debt, signature loans, department store cards, internet loans, and timeshares. Call Total Financial Freedom now at eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty for a free consultation. For sixteen years, Total Financial Freedom has helped thousands get out of debt. You can feel confident when calling because Total Financial Freedom is a plus rated by the Better Business Bureau battling for years and years stuck in the endless cycle of minimum payments could take decades. You have the right to get your debt resolved and substantially reduce your monthly payments. Call total financial freedom now at eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty. That's eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty eight hundred eight seven eight six zero two zero.
Speaker 3: To Dalia, here, are you tired, burned out, gaining weight, succumbing to the daily.
Speaker 2: Pressures of life? Well, how's your dopamine doing?
Speaker 3: How you feel right now, how you'll feel an hour from now, and how you'll feel next week is completely reliant on your dopamine. Our daily motivation and willingness to push your challenges depends on the intricate chemical process dopamine provides. Christian Klikus and I created Deploying Dopamine, a book that tells you what dopamine is, when it dysfunctions, and how to successfully deplay it when needed. Find Deploying Dopamine on Amazon today check it out.
Speaker 6: CARLAMI here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred radio shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code Radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log down to one hundred radio shows dot Com. That's one zero zero Radio shows dot Com.
Speaker 2: Had her back. I'm anchad Ali show one eight seven seven Dotali one eight seven seven Doc dli So.
Speaker 3: A major legal battle is going on right now as it pertains to a surrogate mother whose baby or fetus had a cardiac issue that could be fatal, and the biological parents who asked her to surrogate the baby wanted her to abort the baby. The baby the mom didn't want to abort the baby, so McKenna West is a nurse from Alaska. She carried the baby for the California couple Nauchene Gilcar and Omar Ahmed. There was a surrogacy agreement that included an abortion clause. At twenty weeks so about four and a half to five months old, the fetus was diagnosed with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Now, hypoplastic left heart syndrome means a left side of the heart is not able to pump the blood to.
Speaker 2: The degree that it needs to. There's less space. It's hypoplastic.
Speaker 3: Then more has to happen with the right side of the heart, where the right side of the heart has to do most of the work. The ductus arteriosis of first few days of life could help a little bit, but after that there could be a high fatality rate without medical intervention. With medical intervention, however, there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot that could be done.
Speaker 3: But the biological parents requested that Miss West terminate the baby. West refused, fled to Texas, and she gave birth on August twelfth. Texas Attorney General temporarily intervened to mandate life saving care. The biological parents secured a restraining order restricting West from contact the infants successfully end under what a norwould procedure on August seventeenth, so the biological parents are now suing the surrogate for over one hundred grand for breach of contract and alleged damages. They named the child Roomy, but apparently in the media and Miss West, they referred to the baby as Gabriel, so the surrogate said as soon as the baby was born, that the baby got ripped.
Speaker 2: Away from her.
Speaker 3: And you know, being a surrogate's not easy because you know, it's understood that you don't you bond.
Speaker 2: With the baby, but it's not your baby.
Speaker 3: When you're a surrogate, whoever is the biological parents, they get access to the baby.
Speaker 2: But she did not want to abort the child.
Speaker 3: And so she's an Alaska mother and a cardiac nurse, so she fought to have this baby live.
Speaker 2: And get a chance.
Speaker 3: And it's a baby boy who they now name Gabriel. She got sixty seconds with him while the umbilical cord was still connected, and then of course the baby was taken away and then later given to the intended parents.
Speaker 2: The biological appearance.
Speaker 3: Wes had agreed last year to serve as a surrogate for Omar Ahmed and now Sheen Gilkhar of California, but they wanted to terminate the pregnancy. Ahmed in Gilkar's attorney disputes to key parts of her account and says they consented to the child's surgery as soon as doctors determined that he was eligible. So the Norwood procedure was the first of three open heart surgeries for newborns to commonly treat this, and apparently many of these babies can survive into adulthood.
Speaker 2: So that is something that is a obviously a yep bill.
Speaker 3: This baby live about sixty to seventy percented children who are able to get open heart surgeries with a heart transplant sixty to seventy children sixty to seventy percenter to make it at least through five years old. For individuals who survive these early childhood procedures and reach adolescents, ninety percent survive into adulthood. Some of these patients were seen are living well into their mid thirties and beyond. Of course, we haven't had the surgery and the data, so we don't have a lot of eighty year old data right because we didn't have the procedure then, but for them to be able to you know, so that means there's potential.
Speaker 2: So the highest risk period is you know, obviously after neonatal surgery.
Speaker 3: Overall survival rates range anywhere from sixty percent to seventy five percent. That's still good, but it's nin one hundred percent age is five to eighteen, around seventy percent of children that under the go the multi stage reconstruction including a Norwood and Glen and fontane procedures or even a heart transplant, can reach school age. Once patients make it to early adulthood, they've gotten through a lot of the trouble time. So we have some amazing pediatric advancements. And now is the question, you know, who gets to decide if the baby gets to live, the biological parents or the surrogate. Well, according to the you know, of the according to the biological parents they had, and they're an abortion clause where if they want the surrogate mom to abort, aboard, but the baby was already second trimester, and so you know, that's that's harder to do. And this mom who's a cardiac nerves is like, you don't have to abort, don't panic. Okay, we could be doing stuff there there's things we could do. And again, I can't think of what the biological parents are thinking. Are they thinking the expense? Are they think of this child's not going to have, you know, an option. You know, is a child going to struggle? Are they going to be burdened with medical bills? But the thing is is the baby has a fighting chance to live. Now, I'm on the side give baby a fighting chance to live. West is being represented with assistance from Alliance Defending Freedom. She is not trying to take somebody else a child, she said. I'm not fighting to try to take someone else's baby. I'm fighting because the baby boy needs somebody willing to advocate for and fight alongside him as he gets the ongoing treatment his fragile heart requires.
Speaker 2: So the concern the mom.
Speaker 3: Is having is, even though the child was able to get one procedure, are the parents who wanted this child aboarded going to be on board with doing the follow up procedures?
Speaker 2: And I see why there's the back and forth with this.
Speaker 3: The parents are probably thinking, I didn't want this if the baby wasn't gonna be healthy. Yeah, we you know now, And this is what they're thinking. It's not I wouldn't have shared this thinking. But they're thinking is like the expense.
Speaker 2: The round the clock care, you know, we you know, we we knew.
Speaker 3: This would be an issue for us. But then then, don't be that child's parent. Give that child to somebody who wants them. Miss West is not trying to get custody. She just wants to make sure that the parents that wanted the kid aboorded will still take care of the child. So McKenna is now fighting for custody because Gabriel needs somebody willing to defend him, according to her A Live Action founder and president Lila Rose, whose organization has supported miss West, so Rose questioned Ahmed's and.
Speaker 2: Gilkhar's account of events.
Speaker 3: She said, if they were willing for Gabriel to receive the surgery, why did a Texas court have to ensure that he received it under the force of law. The court intervened and Gabriel has now received the surgery he desperately needed.
Speaker 2: To praise the lord.
Speaker 3: Rose also alleged that Ahmed and Gilkar, the parents, previously declined to consent to the baby's medical care, and is now wanting to take him out of Texas. Their attorney has disputed west characterization of the case, saying that they consented to surgery once the baby's medical team determined he was eligible for the procedure. So Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had intervened and to Texas medical centers had legal obligations to provide medically necessary care after the child was born, and you know, the future of this child is going to be up in question because the child is gonna need a lot of care, and so if the parents don't want to be a part of that, they could then, you know, give that child up for adoption or give the child to the surrogate. But if the parents do want the child, they're gonna have to then take care of the child. And you know, it's interesting because I had the conversation with my doctor. My doctor said, I want to do the triple screen on you because in case you have Down syndrome. I go, you don't have to do the testing because I'm still gonna want the baby.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to abort the baby.
Speaker 3: You know, a butt she goes, but I need to know so I could prepare Nick you if we do have any issues, still do the testing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Okay, no problem, but I will keep the baby, just to let you know.
Speaker 3: But you have other parents who are worried and there and and they're know they they you know, having a child that that they can't take care of is very demanding and it's a shame because we have the ability to do amazing things, and some of these kids are able to fight well and and you know, you always get that conversation survival of the fittest. If nature didn't want that baby, why are we intervening? Well, I look at survival of the fittest and the Darwinian natural selection is we now have the ability to save those babies.
Speaker 2: So then why wouldn't we It's not easy.
Speaker 3: So the surrogate mom at least was able to give birth to the baby. The baby was able to get care. And what really stinks is this child is going to grow up seeing this on the internet, how they how her original parents wanted her or him him aborted.
Speaker 2: And that's not easy. It's not easy for a child to see that.
Speaker 3: And so you know, the parents are going to have a really good conver have to have a really good conversation with the child, uh, you know, saying look, you know, at the time, we didn't think you would make it. We thought the fatality rate was high, and you know, we love you and you know, but but they're gonna see that this is I mean, because this is a case and I'm sure eventually we might even see the Supreme Court get involved. What happens if a surrogate doesn't want to abort the child and goes to an area where.
Speaker 2: Abortion is not as easy to get.
Speaker 3: You know, what did the biological parents have in terms of choice? First trimester is a whole different scenario than second trimester, So we'll see what what happened, but hopefully the baby does well. Godspeed one eight seven seven Doctelli.
Speaker 7: At Hotshot Secret we share the science behind common diesel problems in their solutions. For example, diesel fuel setane levels. In many states, the setane rating and diesel fuel is forty two to forty five. Most diesel engines operate more efficiently with the cetane rating of forty eight to fifty one. Treatment of hot Shot Secret Diesel Extreme will raise your seatane seven points, increase fuel economy, and improve cold starts. Due to a cleaner burn, there are less hydrocarbons in particulate matter in your exhaust. This reduces the blockage of your diesel particulate filter. Using Diesel Extreme generates eighty three percent less DPF regenerations.
Speaker 5: The six and one Diesel.
Speaker 7: Extreme formula also includes the most concentrated detergent on the market, lubricity enhancer, water demulsifier, rust and corrosion inhibitors, and a fuel stabilizer. Hot Shot Secret Diesel Extreme is available in nationwide at truck stops, Fine Farm in autostores and online at Hotshotsecret dot com.
Speaker 8: Hot Shot Secrets Cowered by Science.
Speaker 3: And we are backup and on one eight seven seven do Dolly one eight seven seven d O C D A L. I.
Speaker 2: So to use marijuana or not use marijuana, it's still the question.
Speaker 3: I think we have enough data saying, look, if you don't have to use it, don't use it.
Speaker 2: But everybody and their mother seems to be on it. And yes, there's a lot of moms out there on it.
Speaker 3: I see it, uh, and we I voted to legalize it.
Speaker 2: I live in southern Nevada.
Speaker 3: When we had that on a referendum, or on her when we had that on a h I think, yeah, it was a referendum that we had to approve. I did vote yes on that because I wanted us to be will study it and see what medical applications there are, make sure the police didn't have to be burdened with you know, those to me small crimes compared to all the other bad things that happened out there. In fact, I was just in Alaska at the Walmart a couple times, and there was a shooting at a Walmart that injured officers. I mean, these are the things I want our police to deal with, not you know, somebody possessing a bag of weed. But the one thing I did not anticipate, and I should have anticipated, sadly, was that the cannabis would run rampantly through our high schools and even middle schools, and that kids would be exposed having access to it and using it even more than cigarettes and alcohol. That's a concern, especially since you see the dropout rate. Not only need to go and get a job. I could just play video games in my mom's basement. And I think it really did damaged a lot of kids. But what about adults and cannabis use. So we have a new study where it's actually kind of defined what we thought cannabis can do in terms of our memory, in terms of our inhibitory control are cognitive functioning and new research publishing the American Medical Association now and funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, said that the long term impact of marijuana use on cognitive ability may be not as damaging as previously thought. Now I beg to differ because I have seen individuals who have been longtime users and they just don't seem to have the functioning. In fact, that's what they came to see me for because they were having memory issues.
Speaker 2: But was the marijuana?
Speaker 3: Was it something else that they were doing eyism? It was the marijuana. Well, in this AMA study being reported by newsweed.
Speaker 2: You now there's news feed. This is called newsweed.
Speaker 3: The am study was conducted among patients recently authorized to use cannabis for medical purposes, and according to the study, they found no substantial decline in cognitive function after one year of regular use. Now it's not that they studied people who used it for forty years their one year.
Speaker 2: How did they deduce this?
Speaker 3: Well, they looked at functional MRIs or magnetic resonance imaging to monitor the brain activity during cognitive tasks, measuring changes in areas such as the working memory, reward processing, inhibitory control. And these were Boston area participants. So they followed fifty seven Boston I like Bostonians, all right, okay, But after following fifty seven Boston area participants over a twelventh period, they found that there was no statistical significant difference in the brain activation between baseline scans and follow up scans one year later. Okay, you know what, there's already a limitation of the study. You used Bostonians. Bostonians are pretty shrewd. They're pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Same thing with New Yorkers. I don't think you're going to be able to.
Speaker 3: Detect because their their baseline.
Speaker 2: Is so quick and astute.
Speaker 3: And I think we needed a different population base. So this study suggests the cannabis, if you're using it in mild to moderate amounts for paying anxiety depression sleep disorders, had minimal effects on cognitive domains. So according to the researchers, they said working memory, reward and inhibitory control task did not differ statistically between baseline and end line. And we're not associated with changes in cannabis use frequency. So what does that mean. Doesn't mean you could smoke, No, Okay.
Speaker 2: We've had and use it.
Speaker 3: No, we've had many studies showing that recreational cannabis impairs cognitive function. But that's the difference recreational recreational versus medical cannabis. So this study looked at medical cannabis as opposed to recreational recreational you know, I mean medical cannabis. Yes, you can use a bong and you know it doesn't always have to be mare in all or pharmaceutical grade cannabis. But maybe it's because the medicinal medicineal do scene is as a little bit more science to it, maybe there's some more control to it as opposed to you know what, I want to.
Speaker 2: Go get baked.
Speaker 3: So I think there is a difference between recreational use and medicineal use. Now, study in twenty twenty two found that prescribed medical cannabis may have minimal acute impact on cognitive function and patients with chronic diseases. So researchers hypothesize that the difference between the two forms of consumption could be dosing, or the frequency or the intention behind consumption. So if you're they agree with what I just said, medical cannabis, there might be more of a choreography, a prescribed regimen, somebody a doctor behind it, whereas recreational like I said, is let's go get baked sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So the authors are.
Speaker 3: From Harvard and mcgovernor Institute of Brain Research and MIT and School of Engineering and all that, and so what I take from this is, and by the way, there's another study look to data from sixty three million Medicare beneficiaries. Now Medicare beneficiaries are usually older, but it could be some individuals with disability. They revealed that there was no statistically significant increase in psychosis diagnosis are psychosis diagnoses in states that legalize medical cannabis. Now, we know that marijuana could cost thatchosis because we've seen it in the ear multiple times. But the difference with this is again medical cannabis. Not that it's a different shall we say brand or strain, but there's a different choreography to its use.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Do we have to take our recreational users and turn it into something medicineal? Do we have to dose them properly? Yeah, I gotta tell you a look at what happened with ozembic. Now you have all this microdosing. The art of microdosing is actually improving the success of people trying to lose weight, as opposed to those saying, you know what, I'm just gonna wing it. I'm gonna give myself the maximum dose so I could fit into a bikini by fourth of July. So maybe it means we do need to get the doctors involved. Could also mean that the brain is getting used to it. I saw this with people using alcohol. I think they did have anxiety, depression, cognitive issues, but the functioning ability of those who drank on a regular basis shocked me. And I think it's because the body built up a tolerance until the body gave out. And I've known two people who ended up dying because their alcohol use delivered just shut down. So it could be that your body is temporarily going, you know what, this is how I'm getting used to it. Another issue could be that some of the individuals that are using medicineal cannabis have so much anxiety, have so much pain, have so much depression that they're not functioning well, and that using the cannabis to modulate their anxiety or their pain or their depression brings them to a better functioning level.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, when I'm.
Speaker 3: In pain, I can't if I have a migraine, I just don't give me anything to think or process about.
Speaker 2: I'm in pain.
Speaker 3: So maybe, you know, for those individuals who are getting to benefit from it, that's the lesser.
Speaker 9: Of two evils.
Speaker 2: So this study is important. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean though, that you could just chronically use without there being We've had plenty of studies linking you know, the marijuana to memory decline, psychotic states, anxiety, depression.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 3: But we also know there's different strains and there's an art to it, and we're really learning a lot about sativa, indica, hybrid strains, different brands, different and and so uh, you know, there's we have. What to me this means is we've got a lot more work to do.
Speaker 6: Telling CARLAMI here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot Com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log onto one hundred Radio Shows dot com. That's one zero zero Radio shows dot com.
Speaker 8: Have you ever thought you'd like to buy and sell houses but didn't know how or where to get the money. My name is Ron Legrand, and over the past forty years I've bought over three thousand houses without using my money or credit, and taught thousands to do the same Today, even in a virtual environment, we buy nice houses and nice neighborhoods using no banks, relters, contractors, or other costly entanglements, and build huge cash flow and wealth without a hassle of tenants, all without credit and little or no money. You don't need a license or experience, and I'll show you you exactly how it's done. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and I'll send you my free training. I promise you I'll change the way you think about real estate and open the door to a new lifestyle that doesn't involve risk or rehabs and can quickly replace your current income. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and let me show you how to take your life back and build cash flow and wealth from your home. That's free to ninety nine seven ninety nine. Again free to ninety nine seven ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Doctor Dahlia, Here are you tired, burned out, gaining weight, succumbing to the daily.
Speaker 2: Pressures of life?
Speaker 3: Well, how's your dopamine doing? How you feel right now? How you'll feel an hour from now and how you'll feel next week is completely reliant on your dopamine. Our daily motivation and willingness to push your challenges depends on the intricate chemical process dopamine provides. Christian Calikus and I created Deployed Dopamine, a book that tells you what dopamine is, when it dysfunctions, and how to successfully deplay it when needed.
Speaker 2: Find Deployed Dopamine on Amazon today. Check it out, and we are back.
Speaker 3: I'm the Doctor only the show one eight seven seven Doctor Dollar one eight seven seven d O C D A L I.
Speaker 2: Medical UH mishaps are a big concern. We are being told.
Speaker 3: That in some UH statistics, over eight hundred thousand medical mistakes are being done causing major patient harm a year, and that is.
Speaker 2: Very, very concerning because the you know, I.
Speaker 3: Work every day to make sure not one single mistake happens, and to think that there's hundreds of thousands being reported that are being done, you wonder how many are not being reported. We talked about that in vitual fertilization mishap, where a couple got the wrong embryo. The child was one hundred percent South Asian to the Caucasian couple and they want to keep the baby, but the biological parents like that was our embryo. So apparently they came up with the custody deal and all that. But the and the fertility clinic in Florida has closed since then. But you're you're thinking to yourself, what's going on here? Now here's another issue, or here's another case where Newsweek is reporting a woman got the wrong medical treatment and then has a catastrotic, catastrophic side effect. So TikTok user Katie Sheppard explained that she underwent fifty eight electoral convulsive therapy treatments she received and she ended up then losing her memory. Now, electroconvulsive therapy has actually been very effective in treating drug resistant depression and PTSD, she said, However, it made her worse.
Speaker 2: And she's now concerned whether if she was misdiagnosed.
Speaker 3: She says, I'm twenty nine years old and I don't have a single memory from before I was twenty six. She says she doesn't remember world events like nine to eleven, no memory of COVID. She said, you went to a friend's wedding but didn't remember anybody there.
Speaker 2: That's kind of.
Speaker 3: Frightening now, she said, I do want to say that I have friends that have done ECT and has completely changed your lives and helped them.
Speaker 2: For me, it just became another traumatic.
Speaker 3: Experience and literally erased every memory from my entire life. What was her diagnosis, well, she says in a follow up video, her actual dietnosis was bipolar disordermatic and post traumatic stress disorder. But she said that they chose this because they were trying to treat untreatable depression. Now we have seen ECT work well in people with depression. Many people with bipolar also have depression. People with PTSD also can have depression. So I don't know if she was officially misdiagnosed, you know, because depression could be a part of that. But she feels that the treatment hurt her, and it sounds like it did, especially if she doesn't have memories. In fact, a twenty twenty five study found that many ECT patients do experience some level of long term memory loss. Newsweek is reporting that they have found an increasing number of Americans under forty reporting memory loss and struggling with focus, and a patient who has traumatic brain injury shared their experience feels they don't feel human anymore because they're forgetting things. And so some people were wondering is ECT effective because it helps erase memories and helps erase some of the memories.
Speaker 2: That's not the plan of ect.
Speaker 3: ECT is to kind of jumpstart some of the neurons and dopamine and things like that and help brain stimulation. But you know, the the erasing of post traumatic memories.
Speaker 2: Might be a unintended.
Speaker 3: Consequence which might help some, but unfortunately, if you had trauma, it'll still affect you. So when you have post traumatic stress disorder, if you were traumatized, you it might not be a memory that triggers you.
Speaker 2: You know, it's very interesting.
Speaker 3: I would never consider myself having the diagnosis of PTSD, even though I had a lot of traumatic things happened to me.
Speaker 2: But I was in the car and there was a song that came on.
Speaker 3: And I can listen to any music, the blues, country, barbershop, quartet, classical, I.
Speaker 2: Like AllMusic, but I don't know what the song was.
Speaker 3: And it was a song from decades ago, and it bothered me, and I said, can we turn off the radio?
Speaker 2: Can we turn it off?
Speaker 3: And my husband looked at me like because I've never asked him to do that, and he's like, does that song remind you of your past? I go, I don't have a memory of that, but for some reason, I don't feel good with that song. And so even if you might not connect the memory, your body has another type of memory.
Speaker 2: So that is interesting.
Speaker 3: So these ideas like ketamine and things like that that are amnesia causing may help some, but it might not necessarily help you know, oh everybody.
Speaker 2: So you know, people were telling her to sue and.
Speaker 3: Again if she was drug resistant and suicidal, and they found that ECT could offer an option, and.
Speaker 2: She underwent fifty eight, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, my guess is they might have moved forward because she felt like it was offering her some help, but then she ends up losing all her memory.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more about how this happened, But the moral I want to make is whether it's a medical mistake or it's a side effect, there needs to be a lot of education given to the patient. There has to be a lot of discussions. I am noticing that many people feel rushed into making a decision. I'm not saying that this is what happened with her. But every time I had surgery, they would very clearly tell me I could die. You know, they're about to roll me into the r and I may not be coming out.
Speaker 2: No, it was an elective surgery.
Speaker 3: And you know, and then you start to worry and you're but but they made that clear because my doctors were good.
Speaker 2: And to do informed consent you really need to be thorough with that and you need to explain.
Speaker 3: Look, ye know this is you know, these are the risks and and there's a lot of risks with any medication you take or any procedure that you do. This is why kids looking at transgender transitioning aren't really capable of giving informed consent, because how do they know what they want in terms of fertility or bone density later or blood clot risk or cancer risk or heart changes in the heart structure.
Speaker 2: You know, how do they understand that and grasp that.
Speaker 3: And so as a physician, you can't just use, you know, all these fancy terms. You need to explain, you know, what could go on and why and and you know, some patients will say there's any side effects. I don't want the medicine, I don't want to do it. Okay, that's fine, Absolutely fine, that's your decision. But if it's a mergent and you have cancer, yep, uh uh, you know, we do have to give you the benefits and the rest.
Speaker 2: These are the benefits, these are the risks. My recommendation to you.
Speaker 3: All is be as educated as you can going in. Be careful of misinformation online, but research what it is that you are considering, you know, research your options, look and see what other patients have said. I understand that there's a lot of you know, misinformation on these reviews, you know, like Yelp and things like that. You know, an ex boyfriend or an ex wife doesn't like you, they're gonna be bad mouthing you. But if somebody says, look I had this procedure and this is what happened, and then you hear somebody else say, yes, this is what happened. Also, you could talk to the medical provider about what's going on.
Speaker 2: So like with shantics, you know, uh.
Speaker 3: Shantics for smoking cessation has a risk of sometimes suicidality.
Speaker 2: Well, we're thinking one of the I guess.
Speaker 3: One of the culprits in that or something that might increase your risk of that is if you're not using it exactly the way it's supposed to, where you quit smoking seven days in and you don't go back to nicotine, and you use that as opposed to you mixing nicotine with it, and so so you know, let the doctor explain what's going on.
Speaker 2: One eight seven seven doct dollar. You don't go.
Speaker 9: Away, can you believe?
Speaker 4: With all the recent violent protests, looting and destruction, some areas are considering either defunding.
Speaker 9: Or abolishing the police.
Speaker 4: At a time when America's neighborhoods need the protection of police the most, some elected officials would rather create more chaos by playing politics. If you're sick of elected officials caving in to demands of the radical left, you're not alone. It's time we stand up and declare our support for local police.
Speaker 2: The majority of police officers.
Speaker 4: Are important partners in protecting our God given rights. If you prefer freedom over chaos, then learn how you can help protect the local police that serve your community. Call today and request your free support your local police info packet Nile eight hundred JBS USA one. That's eight hundred JBS USA one. Request your free support your local police info packet by calling eight hundred JBS USA one Today