Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, Mama made it.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, January fourteenth, twenty and twenty five. Welcome to the only show about Spartan Dogs. Host about Spartan Dogs. This is Sparta m s U. I'm your host Jason Straighthorn along my co host Cedric Swerve vn Irvin.
Speaker 3: Here you go straight.
Speaker 4: That's that new shit in two thousand two, I mean twenty twenty five, do the swerve douce swerve swar Earth swearer Earth, How you feeling, brother likee swerving?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Went In twenty five, we got our run, We got a new running back on campus basketball team, shooting hoops, softball team, got a top one hundred.
Speaker 3: Hockey doing their thing.
Speaker 4: And I just found out hockey fans Old Swerve gonna be down at the game on the seventh.
Speaker 3: O woooooo.
Speaker 5: Woo woo woo whoa.
Speaker 3: And then I got my lion's jacket straight check your boy.
Speaker 2: Out thirty three in the high around. Yet you know I do it like that might be a great weekend talking about the Michigan game for hockey, Michigan States basketballs and playing Oregon Hockey's gonna have a doubleheader home and home one and one and another one at Little Caesars. But if everything works out, your Lions will be playing that Sunday follow That's what we're open for. If this is your first time, we want to welcome to the show. If this is not, we thank you for your loyalty and please hit the likely subscribe buttons because it helps a whole lot, doesn't cost you a thing, and let us know where you're watch it from. Woody always in the houses. Listen, Woody. Nobody beats Woody. Been here since one o two Eastern Tide and he's in wyki Ki.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 4: Look, it's a funny dude, man, scrat. You gotta follow Woody on Facebook. He's a funny dude.
Speaker 3: Man. Man, he's a funny dude. Man.
Speaker 2: I do follow Woody. No, Woody, Listen. We got a jam packed show today. We got to cover a lot of ground. We have a very special guest you just alluded to that. We talk about Michigan State's new running back. And you know we know a little bit about that because we got Cedric swerven irv In, one of the best running backs in Michigan State history, to talk to our new running back.
Speaker 6: And look who joined the chat.
Speaker 2: Hey, baby, Hey baby, hey baby, head on them red boots.
Speaker 3: We sell them red boots. Hey baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, we're gonna get to the jam packed show.
Speaker 2: But first these message from our friends over at gray Matter Exchange.
Speaker 7: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Gray Matter Exchange, your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 4: Hold on, did you see that commercial and the dude he's terrible acting the defensive player?
Speaker 6: What defensive player?
Speaker 4: When we when we show that again on Thursday, watch o terrible acting that? That was so terrible on him playing defense and then after the guy passed him, he kind of act.
Speaker 2: Like he was crippling. Great, great, great Matter called me on these videos. Man, they gotta put Cedric in the video.
Speaker 6: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: If you don't have Cedric in the videos and is going to complain, so that's for a great manic change. I how whoever you know, please put Cedric in there so he can re enact, because I think we do. We have a video of him getting tackled. Let's see how he does when his son's often, Uh, were you acting right there?
Speaker 6: Or was that real? That's right?
Speaker 2: That's why my nigga, I just want to ask was that acting or was that real? Live pain?
Speaker 4: And you know what, my son, he's such an idiot. He was like, Dad, this we need to work on our I need to work on my tackling. I need you, I need you to be my tackling dummy.
Speaker 2: I say what, yes, sir, Oh, that's why I got three bowls and dish in my neck now because of that, hits gray, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And then he called me a tackling dummy. I got something for his ass this time. I see him though, straight what.
Speaker 6: You're gonna do? Hey, I'm gonna see him before you are nephew's mind this weekend.
Speaker 3: Now, you're a nice guy.
Speaker 2: He rolling on up this weekend. You go on to dr and do all that shit you're doing. Listen, we gonna talk about that another time. Right now, we gotta talk about spots on the top twenty five.
Speaker 3: Sword.
Speaker 6: Let's see where we are today.
Speaker 4: Baby, once again, what's the only university in America that got five different sports both men and women? Top twenty three We ain't just got men's basketball. We ain't just got women basketball. We ain't just got gymnastic. We ain't just got hockey. I mean, we got it all. We got all, we got five different sports.
Speaker 3: And at the end men and tennis that we're twenty three.
Speaker 4: But soon we're gonna climb our way up to the top five easily.
Speaker 3: Because you got my nephew on the team, old baby.
Speaker 2: So your nephew O, my nephew Matt Forbes from the Carolines. Both of them ain't doing anything over there in the tennis, and you know they have a you know we're gonna talk about them. They got a big time opener happening against a ranked Kentucky team coming up this Friday. But on top of five teams, right to the top twenty three. Women's softball right here, Mischis State Softball's Hannah Hawley has earned some big time preseason praise. D one has included her on the preseason D one hundred player rankings at number one hundred.
Speaker 3: Straight.
Speaker 4: I saw a couple of highlights of old Hannah. Hannah hips and I coordination, the way it go together, way she swinging that back. Oh, she had a triple last year. Oh it was so pretty and nice, high little pitch she swung. See I still got it straight. I still anytime you can break that, I've seen him hitting the soft ball to day.
Speaker 2: Anytime you can break this through with your hips and come up like that straight.
Speaker 3: That's how Hannah did it. That's why I want to cheer it down.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep your head down on that. So you're looking at the ball in contact, cheer that. You can't let your head up because you're gonna pull. You're gonna pull to the left and miss.
Speaker 3: The ball straight. This ain't gone. I know you got a bad You got your clubs and all that stuff, and a baseball contact.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about baseball straight. I'm here, I'm about to look at this right here. When you got this, you're supposed to do that straight.
Speaker 2: Listen, When you got this right here, keep this right here, this right there, What Hannah do?
Speaker 3: Hannah put this right here? And she got a little like that. She looking like this.
Speaker 2: She don't even think she looking like this. And when that pistol she dipped like this, See how I dipped. When I dipped that, that doesn't letting everybody know I'm ready and That's why I was talking about the step with the hips in the eyes.
Speaker 3: Oh, Hannah, that's why she in the top one hundred. Hannah.
Speaker 4: Hip eye coordination is like old swerved feet back in ninety six.
Speaker 3: I swerve, I swerve, swerve.
Speaker 2: That will never not be funny. I think Marie is talking about you getting hit by your son right there.
Speaker 6: That's a good technique.
Speaker 2: I'll get that to you because you did grow up over there with guys like you know, Alex Rodriguez down there in the bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we got we got a few, we got a few.
Speaker 2: You got a few major leaguers come out of the bottom of the map down there in Miami.
Speaker 6: I will concede to that.
Speaker 2: Leading away for hockey after six point weekend against Penn State, including a five point game in Fridays when Michigan State Hockey's Isaac Howard now leads the country swere with thirty three points through twenty two games. So what that's telling you is, Greg, we going in the game every game, we up one zero, My man.
Speaker 3: Leading the nation. Baby, we average. So you gotta think about that.
Speaker 4: If I don't score thirty three goals and thirty two games right, So let's just maagine his mindset the night before the games.
Speaker 2: Craig not necessarily goals for points. But I got you, he's sleeping good. Yeah, yeah, he's sleeping good. Gouse. You know when once he hit the ice, he already got a goal. You know how many you know how you gonna walk around camp this on. I'm trying to tell our new running back if you if you you that guy, you know how many girls?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I man, Come on, calm down with that. Listen, he gotta get indoctrinated. We don't talk about that. We're gonna meet Elijah in the moment. Swear, just take it down a nach Man. We gotta get through. We gotta talk about the other sports. And you know, I know our special guest is backstage waiting right now because he's reading.
Speaker 6: Listen. Look, you ain't gonna intimidate this guy.
Speaker 2: I know that he from he played the sax State, Okay, and he from Reno, Nevada.
Speaker 6: I mean, they don't play games out there. You know. I know you from Miami and all.
Speaker 2: That, and you a big county baby. But listen, okay, let's get that straight. But this week, let's talk about the schedule this week for everybody. Michigan State men's tennis is playing Kentucky number seven Kentucky on Friday at five pm in the Indoor Tennis Center in East Lansing right there. And you also have uh them they're playing Vanderbilt on Sunday and the nineteenth and all so Western Michigan all the night of at four pm. So you got a double header right there for men's tennis on Sunday. So this is a big weekend for men's Center's that Friday, January seventeenth to five pm. If you're around, go catch that one. That's the top ten match up right there. Three and oh three and oh right there.
Speaker 4: Three and oh okay, I like that the tennis season three. And oh how you know SWERB because I'm gonna talk to my nephew O on Thursday night before the match on Friday.
Speaker 6: I got a question for you.
Speaker 2: If anybody is around on the seventeenth as well, man, you have another you know, a big event going on.
Speaker 6: That's women's gymnastic.
Speaker 2: MSU Gymnastics is gonna be the bresident student event center going against the school down the road. Big event right there. If you're around, you gotta go to this one. This is legendary. This is once in a lifetime type of event. Hats off to everybody in the athletic department to put the pull this one off.
Speaker 3: But uh, this is the first straight I was thinking of.
Speaker 4: How can I get my son to commit to Michigan State?
Speaker 6: This is it?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: Have those four girls that's on that post at the at the airport when he lands.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's in. It's it.
Speaker 6: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: We ain't got it right there. If he have those four girls, those four young ladies.
Speaker 6: More, no dollar more.
Speaker 2: We was just going right there, no dollar more. I'd be so happy for my baby because he'll be in good hands. Them girls not just great athletes, they're beautiful. Oh heard that that is on tape.
Speaker 6: That is forever. You heard it right here. That's all it's gonna take.
Speaker 2: Have him there those four Now, I don't want five. I don't want them other ford those same four right there, because I know that can't be. What's that stuff they do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: The women they take that that that would do the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hope that ain't. Yeah, now that you know what I know that.
Speaker 2: I mean you got a quick trigger now, man, you get.
Speaker 6: You quick.
Speaker 2: That's all right. It's a warning shot right there. But listen that that right there. You gotta get out to the Brezen Suon de Vin Center to see Miss Gymnastics play or go against school down the road and a great that's gonna be a great matchup. It starts at six pm, So be there, b be square if you're around. Swear it's time to make your n I L Gifts charitable with Charitable Gift America sparting with fans. It's a win win for your dollars if you partner with Charitable Get America. To find out more about supporting supporting smartan athletes while also investing in your future, please visit CGA America dot org head the CGA Athletics dot org today.
Speaker 6: So everybody, what you heard so far? Hit that like a subscribe button.
Speaker 3: Swerve.
Speaker 6: You gotta chill out, man.
Speaker 2: You know everybody, you know, everybody having a good time for a long time. But you know, we want we want to see what's about to happen here next because Transferred Portal News.
Speaker 6: Swear, this is an update.
Speaker 2: Before you know, we've been talking about everybody that's coming into the football program right now. Had some huge news this weekend this past week. A couple of days ago, Connor Moore, offensive tackle from Montanna State, six five pounds, looks to be a right tackle. We had highlights posing on our YouTube channel of him playing at mont Tenna State. He's a left tackle, number seventy two. Welcome to East Lands and Connor Swerve, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Hey, Connor?
Speaker 6: Come on now, what's up with that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Let's I know, Swerve, you got an issue with the smaller schools? Is that what this is?
Speaker 4: I'm just believing in the coaching staff that they're doing that they're doing their job. They they got the eye for the talent that they need for their scheme to be successful, you know. And what it looked like is they not looking for the big names of the big school right with what that proved like, everybody say, the SEC is not even in the playoff right now, not even in the championship, You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, guess what they know.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna trust in my coaches and believe in what they're doing and and just say they they saw something that others didn't see. And they got the gym, the gym, the jean right, they got, they got the eye, they got that one, they got that one diamond that nobody, everybody overlooked, and they gonna make them a player.
Speaker 2: That's what I gotta believe in straight read and now, because I got hope, you gotta have hope. Hey, listen, I think kind of watching the film, he's got the specification side six ' five, three hundred plus pounds. You know, there's a lot of video on him, and it looks like miss she said, Adam very hard. You're talking about Alan Haller, athletic director Kevin Guskowitz, president, along with offensive line coach and the head coach of football ian Jonathan Smith, recruiting the hell out of this guy in public at the basketball game, in front of the world. How could he say no? How there's no way he's gonna say no. He putting that kind of full court press on you me. Come on, swear you would have said yeah, and you did.
Speaker 6: We didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't I know, mister Sate didn't do all that when you came on your visit, even though you did say you committed to every school you went to.
Speaker 3: They didn't even that I committed the five.
Speaker 4: So straight, you mean to tell me Montanna he played at Montana State?
Speaker 6: Montana State?
Speaker 3: Is that where Joe my Tanna?
Speaker 2: I got nothing to do with Joe. No, no, Joe Montana. No, this this is the state of Montana. It's like got West right. See you know, look the staff comes from the West Coast, all right, so they they're used to dealing the West coast. Got they have a lot of relationships out west. So that's when they're bringing them to the Midwest here Big ten because the Big Ten, what.
Speaker 6: Do they do?
Speaker 2: The Big Ten spread out to the West coast, so it's all intermingled.
Speaker 4: Now it's oh, so that's the school that's the hand of Montana that be on the chip.
Speaker 2: Not Hannah Montana, not French Montana, not Tony Montana.
Speaker 6: This is Montana, the state. Listen, man, you know.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying straight And ya don't know. I mean ce t kick in.
Speaker 4: I never see you mean to tell me you ever saw Montana State plays very munt State.
Speaker 3: You got f I U playing f A U. Which game you're gonna watch?
Speaker 6: Listen?
Speaker 2: This is why they pay their analysts and all the people who do all the talent evaluation, the big dollars, because this is what you gotta do. If you're not just going in there playing bully ball, which is we just give me that one, give me that one, give me that one, just buying whoever they can buy, then you have to be a little bit more savvy with it.
Speaker 6: And this is where we are and not saying it.
Speaker 4: Can't never I never knew I thought Montana State. I didn't know that was. This is my first time knowing that it was a football team. So I can't wait to see him play. Let's go Montana.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: I guess my drone didn't go that far. But we'll get up there. If you don't get up there to see him. Connor, listen, I had all the faith in the world and what the coaching staff is gonna be able to do here at Michigan State, you.
Speaker 6: Know they.
Speaker 2: Come on now, They did it at Oorkon State had a ten to three season over there. You know they can do the same kind of thing over here and in the big ten. That's that's what where. This is what everybody's you know, counting on right now. So Connor looks the part he played against lesser competition. But he's coming to the big ten. I mean, listen, man, he's got a competitive bonus body. He's gonna be able to ratchet up that competition. Man, it ain't that hard.
Speaker 6: We did it. You did it. Come on, now, it ain't that difficult.
Speaker 3: It's is worth about it. First of all, when you say we did it, I did it. You did it. I came from the state of Dade County. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: When we produce You know what I'm saying, football player. We don't produce nothing else out of Dad County. We produce football players. So all I'm saying came out the wound. Ready, you know what I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. I'm not knocking Montana. Montana State.
Speaker 2: Hannah Ton from Ohio, by the way, and he turned down Ohio State.
Speaker 6: So Ohio State was supposed to be visit.
Speaker 2: He was gonna take after Michigan State and he canceled that after Canada. Say that, You ain't say Ohio State wanting him. Come on, that's how you gotta start at all. No, Okay, I'm sorry, I didn't do the research for it. I told you this is what. He's an Ohio kid. He's not a Montana kid. He went to Montana State from Ohio. I got looked over, you know, Le'Veon Bell got looked over Le'Veon Bell. You know when I think about le'veonna think about our guests that's about to come on. Sometimes that happens, man, you know, and you mean Antonio was a master at this.
Speaker 3: You mean the old look Le'Veon Bell you talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the Le'Veon Bell that came to Michigan State and went to Pittsburgh Steelers and.
Speaker 6: Then you know, you know, you know, yes, that guy, that.
Speaker 2: Guy okay, got in trouble in Day County because he ain't know what's going on. Nice place to visit, but you don't want to live here, No, no, you don't.
Speaker 6: He should have called on swerve listen.
Speaker 2: Hey, Okay, So so my man conor, Ohio State was in his inbox.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can tell you that he canceled.
Speaker 2: He canceled the visits Ohio State. Okay, Le'Veon Bell. That that's a good one. Vince the boxer, you know who that is?
Speaker 3: Slur. I don't want to see him a good box again, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Marine, we gotta answer this question right here before we move on to the next topic. Here, not trying to start anything on talk, but it always felt he chased some recruits just because they were from the SCC. The staff seemed to be looking at players who have a proven track record.
Speaker 4: But now, Marine, let's be honest, like straight just said, this coaching staff is from the West Coast, so they they they love it at the least, and got the connection from the West Coast. Tuck came from the SEC, from Alabama and Georgia right and and and and he he probably had the mindset that you know at those times when he was in the sect. Alabama they dominated, and I think he won one at Georgia too, and had top rank rank guys. So he probably feeled, let me get some of these SEC guys out of the South in the area and bring them to the Midwest, the Big ten and let's and let's see can I build you know, a dynasty?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm assuming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's where we are. That's exactly where we are, you know. But speaking of where we are right now, swear we are right here, you are in Tampa, Florida. I'm Brady to Florida. Everybody else is all over the map. I have not seen a lot of people. I know, hey, baby, where's a baga? That's Buffalo, New York. I know we got Lansing, Michigan definitely in the house.
Speaker 3: No, he already started class.
Speaker 2: Well, is this question straight? Is there anything MS you could do to flip your son?
Speaker 6: Anything?
Speaker 3: Man? No, say it straight? Damn it. Flipp FaceTime going to class.
Speaker 6: He was going to class.
Speaker 3: He's in class right right, So flipper he must do in the backward flip.
Speaker 6: We want him, We want him here. This is what we want him. But Charlotte, don't Carolina right here? Terry Hill, what's up? Baby? I know, I know, I know, I know, Kathy, I know what it is.
Speaker 2: Dang, we gotta we gotta keep it moving though, because we got to bring our special guests on here.
Speaker 6: The first these message from our friends over at.
Speaker 3: I watch the commercial scrap now, how did I just do that?
Speaker 8: I've never replaced with.
Speaker 9: Nothing brings families together like Xbox and I hop coming her favorites like our new fully loved French toes and get access to exclusive Xbox merch only at I Hop, I.
Speaker 2: Swear that looked like a stomache. Man, you're gonna ask me about that. Damn the French toast.
Speaker 6: We gotta call caw about this.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I just went yesterday straight. It's the real deal.
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 2: Oh but you get tell them extra hot, extra hot. You get extra hot, the cream come out, the cream just melt down down the French toast and make you say, oh you see that cream straight and oh, I'm telling you love of cream.
Speaker 3: Oh, extra hot.
Speaker 4: And I had the syrup and I was just doing the slow like I was doing a movie, and it was just.
Speaker 3: Telling it's a extra hot and watched her. They bring it up.
Speaker 2: Get some of this after the show right here. We don't have games like that tonight. So yeah, old say, can go over and get someone that I hot, I telling's name and see if we can get a little discount there It is right there, you know. But you know what, swerve without further ado. We got to bring on our special guests. Brother straight listen. I love running backs. I was born and running back. My mama always almost named me r B.
Speaker 4: But she figured she'll name me, said, and then ladies call him, he said he.
Speaker 3: But now we gotta running back.
Speaker 2: Oh straight, when I say you got good feet, he got good hips.
Speaker 4: And he's strong looking too. He can break tackles. Now, he was the man out there in northwest Sack State. He elusive and he can catch the ball out the backfield. But I already told him, and I tell him again, the only way you're gonna have success my pictures is on the wall. I ain't talking about low white picture touching my picture every time.
Speaker 3: Before you go to practice and watch.
Speaker 4: All you can do is go touch down and get a thousand yard three years in a row, like I did to the world. You know his name straight, But I'm gonna call him on top. I'm gonna call him t T. Come on on TT.
Speaker 2: Elijah Tal Tolliver joins the Spartan Manhu, welcome East Lansing.
Speaker 7: T T.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Man listen, coming from the West coast, a Nevada kid out of Reno.
Speaker 8: That area what's called sparks, yep, Reno Sparks, same thing, same thing.
Speaker 6: What's what's going on out there?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Like? What as a high school? And you know were you born and raised there? I was born and raised Reno and Reno. So talk about how it is to be born and raised in Rena know right now, and then going out to the West coast, and then coming over to the Midwest and Michigan where I mean, I'm sure it's pretty cold for you.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's not too cold out here. In Reno. We got weather, but they said it gets colder. They said this is nothing right now. So you got the snow I see. Yeah, Reno, we grew up with the snow.
Speaker 6: Ski You do snowboarding and all that.
Speaker 8: My parents never let me. They don't want me to tear ligaments or something like that. That they never let me do none of that.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, so you went up the sack town. Now, what was your first love? I mean, I know we talked about this a lot with athletes to come on the show with players. Did you always know you was gonna be a football player?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 6: Did you start out playing when you were a really young youngster?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I started playing when I was five. I hated it at first.
Speaker 8: I was the kid bobblehead get mohamma knocked off playing Pop Warner. I hated football and I made a tackle on accident. I tried to move out the way and trip the kid, and then everybody start picking me up screaming, and I was like, oh dang, I like that, And then then I tried to go make a tackle. I made a tackle, and then from there on out I loved it.
Speaker 2: Oh so you fell in love by accident and with the contact.
Speaker 6: But everybody told you, man, you good at this.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You got the adulation of your fans, your peer group, and next thing, you know, that's what you do.
Speaker 6: So you like the defense side of the bar more at that time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I grew up playing defense. I didn't start really playing offense until high school, and then I was just an athlete. So our head coach I tried playing running back. Our head coach like, oh yeah, he moved me up. And then from there on out, I've been playing offensive defense in high school and then of course running back in college.
Speaker 6: Oh man, so tell me this.
Speaker 2: So you're running back, you watching, you know what's going on in college athletics right now?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So you go to Sacramento State. You're there, you know the transfer portals? Big what led you? How did you decide on a school like Michigan State University?
Speaker 8: Really, my coach Sack State. He ended up leaving. Of course, I was thinking about the transfer portal. Who doesn't think about transportal? For being honest, My coach ended up leaving, and I was like, I mean, if he can leave.
Speaker 5: I can go see what's out there myself going to Stanford. Uh no, that was the second coach.
Speaker 3: He left.
Speaker 8: We had two head coaches who left, so it was the Stanford coach. I stayed with the second one. Then when the second one left, I said, Okay, if everybody can leave, I understand the business aspect of this. I'm gonna go see what I can get out there too, see what's better for my future.
Speaker 3: So now take take me.
Speaker 4: We got a lot of fans in the chat right and you're seeing the portal. Take me through the mindset of a college athlete thinking about the portal, like when did that come in your mindset? And then what did you think when you got into the port and then walk me through it, because I hear about it. I got these kids on my seven on seven kids. Come back and tell me about it, but like, walk me through it, like when you thought about, yeah, well I'm gonna jump in the portal coach left, you know what I mean this? And then and then what are you thinking you getting out of the portal?
Speaker 8: Starting off fine, I was telling everybody, I'm good where I man, I'm staying out Sack State like whatever.
Speaker 5: Of course, you have fans after the games.
Speaker 8: We've had a losing season, so they were like, you're too good to be playing here, and you jumping the portal. They start putting in my dad's head a lot. So my dad he's telling me you need to leave, you need to leave. But I'm like, Dad, watch out, I'm staying here. And then really, that's how my mindset was until my coach left, my second coach left, and then I'm like, everybody just cares about the business aspect of it.
Speaker 5: It is not too much of, you know, real loyalty. I'll say, I'm not saying he's.
Speaker 8: Not loyal, but I'm saying, at the end of the day, everyone's gonna do us best for them. And that's what I did for me.
Speaker 6: I had the portal.
Speaker 5: I wasn't expecting to get a Michigan State out of this.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 8: I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I was expecting to get a Mount West. That's what I was hoping for. That's what I was okay with, But you know, sometimes God has bigger things for you, and I think that's what that was, right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So you're looking to go into the portal and get to a Mountain West type of a team, and then Michigan State comes calling. What was that called? Like, who originally or initially contacted you from Michigan.
Speaker 8: I got recruited by our running back coach, coach KB in high school. Of course I didn't go. He was at U dub and go there. I'm on sax stay of course. So when he caught my phone again, I was like, oh, I'm like, this is coach KB. I still had his number from all the years ago. So then really I could tell on the phone how hard core he was, how hard he's gonna push me. And I kind of was like, oh, like, i'n't even I ain't talked to you in years. You're going hard already. And then I thought about it, and I'm like, that's what I mean. That's gonna push me to the next level. This Michigan State team is gonna push me to the level, and we're gonna help each other out. I'm gonna help them, But you feel me help the team out doing what I'm supposed to do, everything they tell me I how to do. And then for my future, they're gonna help me as well as far as school and my my future playing in the football league and the professional football league.
Speaker 2: So when you look at Michigan State, I want to ask you this, because obviously the depth chart is favorable. Did you take a look at the depth chart when you got the call from KB and your opportunity to be able to play right away?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I took I took a look at the depth t not to none of the guys. I'm not saying because it's a big.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you have the two main contributors are no longer on the team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I knew it was up for grabs. I know that is a good situation. I had some other good situations. But not only did this feel right? That's you know.
Speaker 5: I won't say it didn't feel right. This felt the best.
Speaker 8: I guess, like I said, because I had some more opportunities that seemed favorable, but felt the best, I'll.
Speaker 2: Say, So, what type of what type of running back?
Speaker 3: Because now let me tell you, let me walk you through this.
Speaker 4: Michigan State stadium, you know, And I'm trying to get the name to be Sedric Swerve and Irvan Stadium because we're doing the name like what it.
Speaker 6: Is, it's stright name image like this.
Speaker 4: Then I l so I'm trying to get some people together so we can buy it and put my name on the stadium. So now you're gonna get seventy thousand plus right and.
Speaker 3: Then and then and they lowed. You know, they love Michigan State.
Speaker 4: They you know, it's bigger than Sack, you know, don't compare Stack Sack Stack.
Speaker 3: You know, none of that to east Lands because we big, were really big.
Speaker 4: And you walking, you're doing the traditional walk, and you got people out there. They wave in and they saying they love you, and let's go.
Speaker 3: Green, go white.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna see that even when you're walking through the airport when they recognize it, it's always to go green and go well, I love it. But now when you get to the stadium, tell us what we're gonna be able to see. You know, when we're watching TT you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I saw the video. I broke it down, I broke the highlights down.
Speaker 4: I liked what I saw, but now it's a Syrus bracking in here. It's a it's a lorry, it's a Felicia. They haven't seen TT like I've seen TT. So walk us through TT.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's uh every down back, I'm gonna be there pass pro league blocking if I need to, catching passes out the backfield, and of course running the ball.
Speaker 5: I feel like one of.
Speaker 8: My biggest things is if I break, nobody's gonna catch me after that.
Speaker 5: And of course I can run routs out of the backfield, go deep.
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 8: I can play receiver as far as well as player running back. So I feel like it's gonna be great. Whatever they need me to do. I think I'm gonna fit the scheme perfectly.
Speaker 2: So when you look at you know your your abilities, Like when when you look at pros, because I'm sure you watch pro football, you you know as a as a youngster, we all do that, right, Who do you bother your game?
Speaker 5: After man?
Speaker 8: I can't say exactly. Maybe I'll say Adrian Peterson, Hey, ap all I run? You know, I gotta get my pad up down a little bit. But I say I say Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 2: You know Adrian Peterson is a mutant. Yeah, I think they putting this the sun out there right now. I've been seeing it online. He's like a twenty thirty kid.
Speaker 3: I see it. T.
Speaker 6: That's away right there.
Speaker 3: The celebration.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm smooth with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't do ship.
Speaker 6: I'm smooth with it.
Speaker 5: You don't got you.
Speaker 6: Ain't wait wait wait, I'm smooth with it.
Speaker 3: I you ain't ship? Which one is it?
Speaker 1: Got do?
Speaker 3: Too much? That keep going? Okay, you're gonna take the humble route.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all see too much celebrating on the highlight tape.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey, you're gonna take the humble route. But what I'm gonna tell you about East Lanson. The ladies love when you celebrate. What I swear, I always got to get back to the ladies. Now, come on, you have to be a ladies man. That ought to be a good running back.
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Oh my, you know what new generations scam.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm gonna sell vent these babies my bad. Yeah, no problem.
Speaker 3: T T. You know whatever you say, brother, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I need you, you know, because I'm trying to win my mortgage again like I did last year.
Speaker 3: I beat Vegas so I'm gonna need you. T T. I'mna need you whatever you say, brother, but I didn't agree with that.
Speaker 6: No, no, So T T. How long you've been on campus right now, it's like two three days.
Speaker 5: I've been on there for two days.
Speaker 2: How many numbers you got? Come on, man, he got his one number? What number you're gonna wear?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. How many you've been to case Hall? Yet you've been in k South nor he.
Speaker 6: In an apartment?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Why are you talking about case Hall?
Speaker 4: In the class? All you got to do is go to one class. Screw you go to one class. You can get three phone numbers easily.
Speaker 6: They don't do phone numbers nothing more.
Speaker 3: Snap.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, you don't know nothing about this. Listen, So T.
Speaker 3: T y'all talking through snap y'all?
Speaker 2: What they don't have pages, they don't do cell phone.
Speaker 6: It's it's weird, you know.
Speaker 3: So you've been there two days, we got no phone number, and you're saying the running backs carry rest record. So tomorrow made three days?
Speaker 6: Let t T live, okay, man, let me laugh live.
Speaker 3: So tomorrow make three days and we're gonna be okay with I having it amazes me Okay, TZ, what's your major?
Speaker 5: Major in sociology?
Speaker 6: You knowwhere we go?
Speaker 4: You know how many girls in the sociology major back in the back in with at ninety ninety six, You know how many?
Speaker 3: I remember?
Speaker 2: So's two O two sweve swerve, time out, time out, time out?
Speaker 3: In t T?
Speaker 6: What was you born?
Speaker 5: When was I born?
Speaker 3: Yet? Three?
Speaker 6: Thank you? Sweat swear two thousand and three? He was born?
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what t T?
Speaker 4: I apologized, right, You're right, I apologize because I willing to bet you if I get t T phone is that sexy? Get it? Get it? I go get it? Get it there? See how you know I bet? But no, he's from the West coast, so everything is kender Lamar was.
Speaker 2: No, We're just gonna ask you what is in your and your and your headphones when you're doing your pre game.
Speaker 5: And I'm doing my pre game as gospel music? There we can different.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about. No, now, now you got it? Now, now you got they'll shut them up. Okay, I ain't gonna do it. Yeah, you better not. You better not. Hey's it's very wise quote right here. I don't know who gave this to Rishard Howard. But if you chase women, you lose money. If you chase money, women chase you swerve.
Speaker 4: If you chase women, you lose money. If you chase money, women chase you. I don't know because sometimes I chase him and I ain't have no money.
Speaker 6: They County Day, County.
Speaker 3: Hey t T. So let me let me ask you this, and I got to prepare you. We hate Michigan. We hate Michigan. Do you know about that?
Speaker 6: Have you been indoctrinated yet into the rivalry?
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 6: Okay, So here we go. This is this is locker room talk right here. We're just gonna get.
Speaker 4: You ready, Okay, tell you I'm gonna go back to ninety six. You don't go to Clayss the week of Michigan. Everything's about football. You know, you deal with whatever. You know, Penalanies, You're gonna have to take whatever.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 4: We focusing on football that week. We hate Michigan, so you gotta understand. You gotta hate them motherfuckers too. Do you understand what I'm saying? It's personal, It ain't. They ain't gonna play with you.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm telling you right now, don't let the smooth taste.
Speaker 6: They gonna see the little all the little maid of the yellow and the blue.
Speaker 2: They don't seem that bad. Everything's good. They coming into our stadium, they're respectful. They gonna try to they're gonna try to fuck you up though.
Speaker 6: For real.
Speaker 2: You watch the game. Watch the Watch last year's game and how it ended. Watch how they stalk They ofalked on somebody's ass. Nobody knows who it was, but it was clear that somebody was getting stumped on and nobody.
Speaker 6: Nobody got in trouble. Look at the year.
Speaker 2: Before we stomped on the ass two years before that, and everybody went to jail, everybody. So so listen, these are the things that you got to know that you're getting into so that you go into this game with the right mindset.
Speaker 6: Don't go into the game. We'll see don't do that shit.
Speaker 2: Now, know that it's fucked up. It's bad, okay. And they trying to take your throat all right, and your religion they trying to take it.
Speaker 6: Don't let them. That's all. That's where we're coming from.
Speaker 5: Ain't gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is tt you playing for all of us, everybody that put on their uniform. Tune into that game. Now we tune in all the other game. You see it back here the Spartan Dogs. It says that we're bigger than the Fraturn under the were bigger than life. And all I'm saying is t T.
Speaker 5: We hate them.
Speaker 3: I hate them, and.
Speaker 2: All every running back that I came before you is count on t T in them.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm gonna say. I'm counting on t T in them.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying from this point on, workouts and everything, you gotta try to outwork everybody.
Speaker 3: Let them know that you the man. I know y'all don't doubt the ie no more.
Speaker 4: Because y'all off set and to this ship and you running his own reading. You know you're not running lead no more and all that tough ship that we used to do. But work your ass off t T. Prove to these other players that you a player that can be counted on. You got something to prove each and every day, Right you got you gotta, you got a purpose, right you gotta you gotta. You got a prize to get to and the only way you're gonna get to the Pride if you work your ass off each and every day, right, and believe you got God you got them in your headphone, but t t work your ass off, propelled to be great and just it's no brother.
Speaker 2: I'm counting on you. We haven't met in person, but I'm counting on you. And I'm also counting on you to get your numbers up with the girl. Listen, Hey, Sad tells no lies. Man, it's a real thing. You know, we want you to have a lot of success.
Speaker 6: Brother.
Speaker 2: You know, I know that you've got a lot of ability in you. You got a lot of promise. But just know, like it's all this level is all mindset. You know that you've heard this before. I ain't telling you nothing you ain't never heard before. Right, it's all mindset. Really, it's what it is. And when you talk about the rivalries and what it takes and you can watch other players, I mean you talk about Mountain the West versus the Big ten. You know, let me tell you Big ten. You know they trying to they trying to eliminate the SEC. Okay, I mean, at the end of the day, it's probably gonna be a big league out here, Big ten versus s CC, like AFC, NFC that's what's gonna be. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ladies and gentlemen, that's what it's finna be okay right now.
Speaker 6: Big ten. Them that had.
Speaker 2: Two teams in the finals, I don't know, but they's got Notre Dame in there. I don't know what Notre Dame where they fit in. But Michigan State is a Big ten team and will be, will always be forever. And that man, you got to understand what you're stepping into right and had the right mindset and everything that you do.
Speaker 6: I don't care if it's walking the class likes wherever.
Speaker 2: It's talking about executing the workouts, every drill that you do, and things gonna carry over into the game because in the games, I mean, it's everything is for all the marbles, brother, that's what it is. And we happy to have talented guys like you in East Land SE. We're happy that there are people that are paid to come out and fire guys like you.
Speaker 6: You know, look at kV. He said he found he recruited you, and you dubbed. He was a you dubbed. So you're talking about the Washington Huskies, right.
Speaker 2: And then he so so there you go, dub the Huskies, and now he's recruiting you to Michigan State. I mean, I know he looks like he gets guys ready, He gets guys ready to roll. And you have a huge opportunity in front of you. Man, I just want you to take advantage of it. I mean, we're gonna be cheering for you all the way through. Man, happy to have you here in east Lands and swear final thoughts.
Speaker 3: With real quick.
Speaker 4: You got a question, what's what's the skill that's going to get you the starting job? And also what's E T T se were getting were getting nicknamed for you already, brother, so you better hendle your business.
Speaker 3: What's E T T? Is? That et? That the animal? The little he fall the time?
Speaker 5: Well, your humble beast, that's who he is. I'll gonna see it.
Speaker 6: So the humble beast. And what's the humble beast?
Speaker 3: I saw that long run? What's your forty time?
Speaker 5: And do forties got catapults?
Speaker 6: It's a different world now, man, it's my power. What's your all right?
Speaker 3: T T?
Speaker 2: If you if you thought you, if you ran and afford it tomorrow, what you think T T will run? The people want to know.
Speaker 5: At least a four five at least.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I forgot you? You a god honest man. I like that.
Speaker 2: Most people would have came on fo fo fo through and we'd have been like, man, get out of here.
Speaker 3: But you're right.
Speaker 4: I think we're a good technique. And the burst and keep your head down in front and through you you you get four four low because I see that. I see the burst, and I see the skill. I see I see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on the West coast. T T.
Speaker 2: Brother, man, hey, listen, take your time. Don't let no old heads like us come and try to press you into doing something you ain't supposed to do. Beside, get your mind ready, all right, all right, hey man, I love the gospel that that's right there. And hey listen that that changed everything for me right there.
Speaker 3: Word before you get out of here. T T see seeing the fans one of your gospel songs, Man.
Speaker 6: Come home.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, you're gonna do it, because listen, when you go to the NFL, I don't know how you knew kids are doing it.
Speaker 4: I had to sing a song I'm gonna I'm gonna go first, and I said, one we go to my room for fun.
Speaker 2: Two somebody immunity. They immunity in the background. It ain't me, It ain't me, It ain't me. I ain't mute them. But we love your word. Ah man, Elijah Man said, what's it's this? It's the rookie, you know, Hey, come on, man.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 6: I don't know who's doing that behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Brother, go ahead, ain't gonna do it, man. He ain't trying to sing. Come on, man, man Westcoat. He's chilling man.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: So, so in and out fat burger? Five guys? Uh, what's your favorite?
Speaker 5: I'm going in and out every time, in and out it is.
Speaker 6: You like the fries, sir.
Speaker 4: I thought he was gonna say God. I thought he was gonna say God, say don't eat no burger. I finna say, well, what guys you got?
Speaker 6: Come on out every time? Man?
Speaker 2: Hey, I like this guy. I like Elisha Man. That's my guy. Hey, listen, old Linligga Like what he just said right there. That's good for five hundred yards right there. Gotta go with the in and our burger five hundred yards at least. That's on top of what he are you gonna do on his own? I'm just saying, hey, we love you, man, appreciate you coming on the show and introduce yourself to Spartan nation. Man, you did a great job today despite some of the pressures you have over here, and that's all intentional.
Speaker 6: We love you, man. It ain't no problems.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Look we are gonna be cheering for you every step of the way. Come fall from Michigan State football man number number four, sir, there it is number four, Elijah T.
Speaker 6: T swear fial thoughts.
Speaker 3: If we can get out of here, Hey, I got I got.
Speaker 4: I gotta give a shot to Cyrus breaking because he's saying he's supporting the movement of the stadium being sponsored, know with my name, you know, but he's sponsored by.
Speaker 3: Cyrus Bluetooth brock Brock.
Speaker 4: Brock Brack appreciated Cyrus, but we're gonna need more than four ninety nine, brother, and send me some Bluetooth.
Speaker 3: What's bluetooth? That's the like eminem I don't know what what what what that is? Don't you know? Blue tooth?
Speaker 6: I saw I'm over here, man. All I know is this.
Speaker 3: I saw a commercial that was that was great.
Speaker 2: If you're right there, my lives of t T. You know I know that much. I know that Thursday. We got man, we got some golfers coming on and swear if you gotta get get up to get up to speed on your golfing game. You know this is a running back right here. I know you feel a certain type of way about running backs, but this is our running.
Speaker 3: Back right here.
Speaker 6: I feel some type of way about.
Speaker 3: This all right.
Speaker 2: I'm an old line right at the center, set the battle quarterback. He handing that thing off. We got we We love run blocking, we love it, and I love the way I like his moxy swerve. Final thoughts, man, and we go out here.
Speaker 4: The final thoughts for me is someone get in contact with the hockey uh training and let them know Old Swerve coming on February seventh, and I'm gonna be all in the student session.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be hitting the wall, but I need my jersey.
Speaker 4: Please, Somebody make no Somebody that knows, somebody that knows somebody, get in contact with them and let them know Old Swervers coming. I love to have number thirty three, but I'll take anything long it's free. And I'm coming to get the number one hockey team in the world, the Spartans, Baby, I beat there. February seventh. Oh yes, we will be there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be at the hockey game, gonna be at the basketball game, and mash.
Speaker 6: Right next to Jolly Pumpkin.
Speaker 2: More updates coming up soon for that, but for Seth girfind I'm Jason Straighthorn.
Speaker 6: This is part of the MSU.
Speaker 2: Everybody, have a good night, God bless you, and good night, God bless go Greed, Go White.