Speaker 1: And skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle coming up at the bottom of the hour. Is your favorite band playing the State Fair this year? We'll give you all the details, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Bass week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: All Right, the Cherry Jones is gonna have to reach into his pocket a little bit here because we're finding out that the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are about to get a huge pay raise. The reason I wanted to do this story is because I wanted you guys to guess how what they make now, oh dude, and what they will be making after this pay raise. Now they were outed in a couple Was it a documentary about this? Now they've got a big Netflix show that's kind of popular. Now didn't have the.
Speaker 3: Reality show that is the many years? I have a question.
Speaker 1: Is the reality show that was on the Nashville Network different than the whatever happening on Netflix? I wish I knew dude, like for the longest time.
Speaker 3: And what's your name?
Speaker 1: Kelly? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kelly.
Speaker 1: She was like on it and it was it was it was whatever that country music TV station is, and it was on there forever. Yeah, And so then I started seeing Netflix commercials and I didn't know if it was the same thing that moved over.
Speaker 4: It's it looks like the same thing, but I haven't watched it, so I don't know. Okay, I don't know for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, they were it was almost like you lose money being a Cowboys cheerleader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well they've always had.
Speaker 5: That's always been kind of the thing, like the Cowboys organization will underpay you so you can have that star in your business card or the prestige of working there. That's always been a thing they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if they used that with their players too, instead of making them the highest paid players their position every time, it would really pay off. But it doesn't really necessarily work that way. So the end iny of being a cheerleader, how do you.
Speaker 4: Know that.
Speaker 3: Got to guess higher lower?
Speaker 1: What their average annual salary of a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader was. This is reported in twenty twenty two. So I thought they just got paid on game day and it was like three hundred bucks or something.
Speaker 3: It is. I can I can back that.
Speaker 1: I can tell you, based on what they made per hour, what they would have made for a full year.
Speaker 5: Okay, so are we doing the full year. Yeah, let's say that they were making seven grand a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was okay, I was going to say five, twelve.
Speaker 3: Grand higher, oh, twenty five lower.
Speaker 1: Okay, twenty higher, twenty two higher, twenty three lower.
Speaker 5: Wait, that's impossible, twenty two five, twenty two five, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: Credit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like a part time not even a part time job.
Speaker 1: Even though they have an overall evaluation of nine billion dollars, they're paying the cheerleaders fifteen to twenty bucks an hour, or twenty two to five average gnually if you if you work a forty Yeah, so that's the thing. They're not working forty hour work weeks. They're getting paid hourly to show up at a sanit Dale train camps in small a couple times. Basically, fifteen an hour covers their gas. You gotta go to a car wash, yeah, Post Malone's going to be at Canes, right, you get to show up to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's just a select few, and they're basically they're just leveraging that to hopefully marry a hedge fun guy that lives in Uptown. So basically this h finally is this is happening this year? Uh they're getting a four hundred percent pay raise. WHOA, So they're making one hundred dollars an hour, yes, which would be about seventy thousand, right, twenty two to five times four.
Speaker 3: If they work a forty hour work week, which none of them do. Would be none of them?
Speaker 1: Some do probably, right, how, I think there's stuff they whouse. They just go stand in front of the star with their pompom. Now there's some merch that's got to be handled.
Speaker 3: And I think they have appearances constantly.
Speaker 4: You need to watch that show because they show like how often they have to go work out, go over the dances.
Speaker 5: Like they have their own bus too. Let's just they're constantly getting bussed around to different things. Is it that same bush Lacewell used to hang out on. It was one we were on for some reason. Oh, we were on it at that MAVs fantasy camp thing.
Speaker 3: They rented it. Oh that's right. It was a good bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so it was quite the fantasy most of the cheerleaders have full time or part time jobs in addition to the role with the Cowboys. Charlotte Jones has defended this cheerleader salary, pointing out the limited opportunities to dance professionally, especially for an NFL team. But now they are, you know, changing that and they're all going to get paid now, so pressure the Cowboys think about what we act, well, they were about what we were just talking about though, the availability of the work. You said most of them have full time jobs or part time jobs. So a full time job and they're getting how many hours for the Cowboys? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, What does that have to do with the mall? Huh?
Speaker 1: They had to go to the mall?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's fantastic, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a story that I think I should probably care more about, but I don't. I need to watch the show. Yeah, there's no way I'm going to watch the show. I've watched it a few times. It's pretty good. It's pretty good. It's interesting to see all the stuff they have to go through. It's hard, it's very difficult.
Speaker 3: You watched it all, Christina.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched it all. Like Ben, just a few episodes, but seriously, they do a lot. Good for them.
Speaker 3: They dance horses. What fantasy Leo's come back to horses.
Speaker 4: I wonder how much the Rangers six shooters make. Oh that's nothing, sorry, oh free. I tried out for it and I was told how much they made, and I was like, now I'm good out.
Speaker 3: But you get to maybe one day meet Ray Davis.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right? Uh coming up next. In music news, the State Fair has announced their music lineup. We'll talk about it next