Speaker 1: We're doing mind putting that death stick out.
Speaker 2: But this is a bar.
Speaker 1: Isn't smoking illegal in bars here?
Speaker 2: Not in Colorado? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: What kind of backward hickstate is this?
Speaker 2: Look? Man, I worked fourteen hours a day at the sawmill. I just got off work and I need to relax.
Speaker 1: Well, when I relax, I just go to my vacation house in Hawaii. I ain't got a vacation house in Hawaii. Your vacation house in Mexico's in whatever it is. Look, you are putting my life and these voice life in change of by smoking that in here. And I'm not good Colerado. I will in smoking in bars in Colorado? They were being a more smoking. Isn't he ayesing you? Guys?
Speaker 2: What dude?
Speaker 3: He just goes around imposing his will on people. He's my ida kick ass.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Going Down to Sounds, part the podcast where we always have oursells the time, and here today we are going to be reviewing an episode in what I refer to as the Smoke Free Studio. So I'm dann to mister guard Davis, please put it that Siegert. I think Tom you butt out better butt out. I'm guy yes indeed, and he's Dan.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and we are indeed going down to South Park for the episode but out episode thirteen.
Speaker 2: Of season seven. You want to take a vacation, that's a cigaretteses like your vacation.
Speaker 4: That would mean that I still smoke, which I do very very very very very very very infrequently, and when I do these days, it's like, oh, yeah, there's a reason I quit. Look, I can't say in good conscience that if I could go back in time to say, I think it was about nineteen eighty nine that I smoked my first cigarette. Earnest, I would not necessarily say to that young man, hey, don't you do that. I mean, here's here's the dirty little secret.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed smoking.
Speaker 4: It was great. It made me look super cool. You started a lot of interesting conversation with a lot of interesting people out in the smoking area, or just even as eye because back in the day when I was smoking, you smoked in nightclubs, you smoked in bars, you smoked indoors.
Speaker 2: Well, it was just the was people smoked. It was yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, you started a conversation with a girl or whoever you were interested in by bring a cigarette or asking for a light. That's how I started at least one relationship asking someone for a light.
Speaker 2: So I grew up with parents who both didn't smoke. Right. But then we go through old photo albums and I see photos of my mum sitting there with a cigarette in their mouth at the bar table where we're having drinks. Ok, Mom, you smoked. She goes, yeah, everyone smoked. But once I got pregnant with you had to stop. And I went, you never wanted to smoke again. She goes, no, you had to stop. I went, some people just have that willpower to be able to stop. But it's weird for me to go back raising a household where smoking was not seen as evil of the enemy, but it was just no, we don't smoke, and my mom would very much be really annoyed if we smoked. But seeing photos of them smoking when they were young, and she goes, yeah, look, I learned that smoking is bad for you, so I didn't want you to do it.
Speaker 4: Sure you know I understand completely. I mean I was speaking about this with the Lovely Lois's mother on the weekend when she was over and watching the footy with us, and I don't know how the topic of smoking came up. But that's what I think she was asking about.
Speaker 2: Just for a lot she did.
Speaker 4: It's like see Louise.
Speaker 2: A upgrade.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I think she was asking Yeah, she was asking about my mum because my mother, Margaret Mary God bless her little struggle with her health at the moment.
Speaker 2: She's start smoking.
Speaker 4: Well, she's wrestled them for seem for a little while now, and being the vintage that she is, I mean she probably had a few cigarettes back in the day, but she never really smoked all that much.
Speaker 2: My dad never did. No one well, he was a football he was. He was a sportsman. Yeah, although you do see a lot of photos of a footballs and a half. So I'm having a meat pine a cigarette having having a dart on the on the we used to build things in this country. But all my sisters and I were were smokers. Yeah, and just I.
Speaker 4: Grew up in a house where you know, there were ashtrays around all the time and they usually had a few butts in them. And you know, one of my sisters still does not chain smokes, but you know, has like one or two at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, it's it's it's a terrible habit. It's not good for your health, it's it's certainly not good for your wallet. And these in these particularly in Australia. I mean, I was stunned. I went to America, oh, probably about ten years ago now, but even then, in Australia, smokes were like, holy shit, there's much of a pack you get over there, and it was like maybe a quarter. It's like, holy moly, I'm back on the darts. But yeah, it's a terrible abbit. But at the same time, I had a lot of fun doing it.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of delve into that topic with this episode because it's one of those topics where I feel like you can argue it really well from both sides. Were a lot of valid points pro and against cigarette smokes. But there's people I can understand a someone who's never smoked, Right, I don't like smoking. I don't smell of smoke. Really, I have nothing against you people who decide to smoke, and that's the right mentality. Don't begrudge people who want to smoke. They want to smoke, that's their choice, right, I personally don't like smoking. I have argent says, and why I don't like smoking. But there are people, as they mentioned in this episode Tray and Matt the worker for example at the bar who says, I've just worked a forty hour shift at the mill. I need an escape. And in the commentary, Tray and Matt was saying on the lines of they wish that people had the choice. Still right, they're very much. They say that this episode is what many reporters refer to when they say that are conservative. They say, you know they which if you watch South Park in this entirely, they are not.
Speaker 4: Conservat Yeah, there's something I want to talk about, but please go on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's this episode, if anything, is against being conservative, because with their idea of this episode, their point is it should be pro choice. If you're pro choice, they usually means you're not conservative.
Speaker 4: What Tray and Matter often and what South Park is often referred to as. Look, I may be misrepresentatives, but I think it's generally called libertarian, which is kind of like everyone should have the opportunity and the right to make their own decisions. They shouldn't have rules imposed on them by government or whatever. I mean, we're not talking about anarchy here, but we're talking about allow people the right to make their own decisions and make their own mistakes in that regard, And for me, this is probably maybe the first episode of South Park where that really comes through loud and clear, where the message here is kind of like, stop imposing your will.
Speaker 2: Honest.
Speaker 4: I know you're I know you've got the best intentions here, but you're really coming across as kind of a bully. And I think they even't referred to Rob Bryner, who is caricatured in this episode as kind of a fascist. Mister oos, mister, poor old Rob Braner.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about him as well. Yeah, they point out in the commentary they love his movies. They think he's great, and they in particular Spinal Tap is one of the films that made Trey want to turn music into comedy.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, yeah, yeah, but yeah, the thing about Rob Brianer is he yet you had a really sort of unimpeachable run from say as a director, from say the mid eightiest five ish, Yeah, around yeah, early nineties or so, and then.
Speaker 2: He didn't he did Harry Matt Salius, Well he did. He knows that ninety five, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: That's around eighty nine. What's that not, so he's got ninety five everything.
Speaker 2: You've got male yeah, which is not him, which is not him. But all these films like you've got male Slips in Seattle and both Tom Hanks and you've got When Harry at Sally, I just feel like all these films feel similar to me.
Speaker 4: When Hary Mitsali's written by a woman named Nora Efron who then went on to write and directs Liberson's Out and.
Speaker 2: You've got Mail.
Speaker 4: Absolute boss queen. She's fantastic. But yeah, he's standing is like a social activist. Well if there's a huge session in Wikipedia about it. But yeah, he had a really good run as a director as well. So yeah, that's wholly understandable why they would do that. What I was thinking about what Tray and Matter saying through Stanle and Kyle, and I guess their characters as well. There are all four personal responsibilities like, yeah, if you want to smoke, smoke, be aware of the risk. And but you know, if people want to do that, let them do it. That's all well and good, but you down have a little bit into the big tobacco and it's kind of like, yeah, but they're kind of using shady underhanded tactics to get people hooked.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got an element of evil to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that in this episode. I mean when they go to visit I think that place is actually called Big Tobacco, or they'd go to visit the cigarette factory.
Speaker 2: Out of it.
Speaker 4: It seems to me like they are slightly stacking the deck or rigging the game in favor of Big Tobacco to make their argument. And honestly, if I was young and impressionable and I was watching this, i'd kind of get sucked and it's like, yeah, man, it's my choice. It's like, well, yeah, it is your choice to some degree, but you're not being one hundred percent informed. You're getting maybe seventy five percent of the facts at best. You are being sold something that is first of all, it's not good for it, and they making it even worse for it, and they're making it really hard to get a quit.
Speaker 2: What they're telling you isn't necessarily a lie, but they're leaving things out that's true, And I think Tramer, actually I know exactly what you're saying. I completely agree. They also do a good job though, of making Big Tobacco look bad, particularly in the scene of the tour, right, and they just gloss over the slave industry like it's no beat deal. You have cartman say, oh, because of tobacco, all of our black friends are here. Yeah, that's right, they're slaves. But the slaves it was just you know, they were brought here to help with the work. And it's like that's the that's the perfect example. Help do the work. Do the work, that's the thing. Yeah. So that's the example of big Tobacco going yeah, yeah, yeah, let's gloss over the bad stuff. So that's exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeahah, I mean big Tobacco was gonna say, oh yeah, the tobacco cash crop is something that really helped America thriw. Yeah, but it's also built on a foundation of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, that bit that you mentioned with car talking about if it wasn't tobaca, we wouldn't have any of our black friends. I love that he always takes the wrong lesson.
Speaker 2: Oh I never thought so. Yeah, I thought that was really hilarious.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this strikes me as it may not be the first example of Trey and Matt's sort of world view in that regard when it comes to that sort of libertarian world view.
Speaker 2: Definitely not the first time, but this felt very much for the first time. They were focused on making their agenda pretty clear. Yeah, and making you sort of I feel like you can watch South Park and not really get swayed for the most part. Sometimes yes, but for the most part gets swayed one way or the other. They always point out pro choice. Here's the facts, both are evil, both have positives. You make your choice. This one's here, And he said the balance is tilted more towards Big Tobacco being the good guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not even making Big Tobacco the goodbye, but making yeah, just pushing the mess, the message of personal responsibility and all. Yeah, take responsibility for your own choices. I do, which is a message that.
Speaker 2: I actually pretty much agree with.
Speaker 4: But at the same time recognize that sometimes you're making your own choices, but the information that you're working with may not be the complete story.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do think you could argue though, that they are making Big Tobacco the good guy, because throughout the episode, if you're a KIP watching this, you shouldn't be a YI watching this. First of all South Park, right, if you're a young person watching this, but uh, you know, a teenager, the ones who are making decision to start smoking. Right. See, you're thirteen to fourteen years old watching this. You're watching this through the eyes of the kids. And throughout the entire episode, the kids never really see Big Tobacco as the bad guy. They are constantly questioning Rob Reiner and the smoke stoppers whatever they call, saying, yeah, but that's lying. Yeah, but that's bad. Your tactics are bad. Acknowledging that Big Tobaco does lie, but they're still positioning Rob run as a bag for lying in return lying as well. They never have the kids go, hey, you know what Big Tobacco Isn't that they're lying as well and seeing that as a negative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I don't want to speak for Trey and Mattie. They probably say or they'd say shut up, dude, and then put hey, I filter over that to make them matter. We'll talk about that another time.
Speaker 2: I'm always telling about talk about here. I watched the documentary for the first time Casaberita is Me and More Cask a different house altogether. Yeah, And they showed in studio footage of them doing the dick Enboughse episode, and I didn't realize that Trey and Matt when they do the voices of it was Cartman and Butters. They're essentially just speaking into the microphone, and they obviously digitally alter it to make the voice sound like the character. And I went, ah, it's kind of shattered the illusion little bits like I did see a great meme. It's a similar thing where you find out that Pedro is not in the Mandalorian costume. He's just voicing it. And it's like there's a photo of Pedro on set of the New Mando movie whatever, and it's like Pedro's one day on set. Well, he's a busy guy.
Speaker 4: He's mister Fantastic in the New Fantastic movie. He wasn't the Last of Us spoiler, and yeah, he's Mando and he's got a bunch of other stuff going on.
Speaker 2: He's I feel like you just spoiled I was just about to watch Last of Us. I can't believe you just said that. I can't believe you just said that watched it. Sorry, fuh that the episode's banned up. I'm sorry. I thought everyone knew this. I've seen it. Those a big things, and I was like been avoiding all last of my stuff. Oh well the ship, that's a big one. The camera's on. Yeah, the danising really red right now, that's about to choke me. I was just like, that's like, I just have my double door moment. Double do it? Anyway, moving along that matter, I usually do feel bad about it, my mistake of bringing up bedroll. But yeah, so you're about to say, yeah, so I always how do we get to that? So it's on set? Oh said that digitally?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, what was it? Oh you shouted the illusion? Yeah, so just shuttered the illusion. I'll watch the documentary. Missus you and I said, did you know this? And you didn't write back? That's right, because as that was to you, that was to me. Yeah. Yeah, I was just I couldn't believe it. I was like, I have to tell somebody, so God tears in his eyes.
Speaker 4: I'm really sorry, but I feel I feel really bad about that. It's okay, but yeah, rewinding just a little bit. Yeah, because when we were talking about their voices, I didn't want to speak for speak.
Speaker 2: For Trey and Matt.
Speaker 4: What I think they have real issue with, or something that I think is a real kind of sticking point for them is people who get self righteous. And we've talked about this, I'm sure many times are on going down to sound Buck anytime someone sort of is like whether they know a bit better about more about this than you do, or no, you're doing the wrong thing and here's why.
Speaker 2: They hate that. Yeah, they don't like it, and they will push back again challenge. Yeah. Yeah absolutely. Now would you say they that's a sign of I'm not quantum immature, but it is a sign of immaturity where they don't like pushback. It's we are right and what we're doing is the best and necessarily the best, but they don't like being challenged and having people say yeah, but why Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's they don't like pushback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's like, if you're going to tell me how to live my life, you better have a really good reason for doing so. You better have you better be able to provide me with a good roadmap to how to live. Because if if you're just going to stand, if you're just gonna get on your high house and say don't do that, it's like, if you can tell me why not, I'll go along with you. And the way Rob Rhiner and the anti smoking contingent is presented in this is kind of it's bad, but also not even treating it as like a HEALTHI ish, but more like a moral failing, kind of like smoking secon You're terrible for doing it, you're a weak person doing it, or something like that. I might be mis misremember misrepresenting. I might be misremembering and misrepresenting the episode when I say that Rhino was definitely an anti is definitely an anti smoker, anti smoke activist.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing. I listened to the commentary, the five minutes of it, whatever it was, and now very much anti Rob Rhiner. You're taking cigarettes out of bars, You're ruining people's lives, basically the same. We like your movies, but why are you using all your energy to ruin people's day by saying they can't smoke. The argument to that is that I would say Rob Riner wasn't necessarily focused on whether people could smoke. He didn't care that the adults couldn't smoke anymore. He's more focused on ensuring that the kids weren't going to begin smoking. So once you'd already begun smoking, it's hard to quit, right. I think his agenda was let's make sure kids don't start, and the only way to do so is by having collateral damage. I either the people who are already smoking taking them out of the bars, so then kids aren't just introduced to it like it's the norm. Because when you were growing up, whatever, it was just people smoke. From when I worked Afford, there's all these photos on the wall of guys on the production line with a smoke in their hand, right, it was just it was the norm. I feel like maybe in the nineties, like when Rhiner and whatnot would say no, that you understand it's not a good thing to smoke. I think now by twenty twenty five you can almost argue that most kids don't really smoke. I feel like smoking is a real small section of the community now very much. So. Yeah, I mean they've moved to vaping obviously, but yeah, there's still alternatives. People are always going to have bad But I don't think Rhina was out to ruin the day just for the sake of ruining people's day. I think he was going there is going to be collateral damage being the people who are the adult who are already smoking, but it's for the long term it's to ensure that future generations like kids grow up going maybe smoking's not a good idea, and in turn they will have that mentality and go, I mean, look, smoke if you want to smoke, but you probably shouldn't. Yeah, it's not good like that. It's not good for it. It's not good for you.
Speaker 4: And even back in the day when you know, when I would smoke, like a pack of day or whatever. Yeah, admittedly we didn't have what they have on the packs now, which are you know, like the mouthful of rotted teeth or the either needs operating on or whatever. Even back then they would have on them smoking as a health I would say on the TV, it's smoking as a health has it.
Speaker 2: Was like a challenge, Oh is it not in my case? But dead yet?
Speaker 4: Well we'd laugh, you know, you'd get the one where it's like, oh it was the really low level kind of health has it? Yeah, because they'd say, oh, he'll give you lung cancer or it'll do this, I'll do that. It's like, oh, it might make you imputent. One time out of five was I like those odds.
Speaker 2: But the thing about this episode too is another alment is the hipocrisy that comes with it. So that was sort of pushing, I feel without really saying the words that Ryana is so focused on cutting out smoking right because of the health, but he's feeling his face full of hamburgers, and he's overweight, and he's previously sweating in his his buttert again out of his limo and whatnot. So it's the hypocrisy that comes with us. So you focus on smoking, what about everything else? We're okay with alcohol or okay with fast food. You can even say now, I'm I'm a true believer in this. I think the gaming industry is one of the biggest dangers of today's society. It is so afl football. The gambling side of things is so casual now, and that is throwing the casual gamble responsibly. Yeah. Look, there are some people who can't, but you just make it so accessible and so obvious and so cool to go, Well, here's today's sports bets, here's her multi's, and he's let's do it gamb responsibly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and making it like a social experience as well, like that, as opposed to just going down to the Ta b like we used to and putting, however on whatever horse. Yeah, get together with your mates and yeah, compare your tips and all that kind of I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I've never been much of a gambler. My old man liked to gamble and the horses yet yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't say in a destructive way or anything like that, but it was something that he enjoyed.
Speaker 2: But he had a bit of money, Bobby, Not no, you're rich, but you know, he had some money to game. He wasn't betting the house, no, but some people have nothing and bet all. But the other thing is, I mean, gambling has became well, it's also referred to as gaming in ways, and it's become so gamified and so easy to do it, particularly with holds up his mobile phone.
Speaker 4: It's so easy kids can do it, and kids are doing it, yeah, which kind of sad.
Speaker 2: What I've noticed is that more and more of my friends are putting on social media before the game starts. Here's my multi Let's see if I can get it. Like it's a challenge, and I'm going, oh, gamble has become a game. Yeah, it's become like a social he said, a social thing where it's fun. Let's see if I can get this, And everyone's like rooten from me. Oh you got what you nearly got it, mate, And I'm thinking, wow, there's there is a sohole whole section of community out there that who are going to be so fucked over because of this. Oh yeah they what's smoking. It was in the seventies, but so casual. That's what gamble's going to be. In twenty thirty year, they're gonna say, don't gamble, guys. It's terrible. But right now it's it's fun. Oh yeah, and very very lucrative from a lot of people. Because you look at the pokey's right, and you look at the poky and from the outside, I never really gambled that kind of thing. You look at pokeys and you're looking to go. It looks it's always sad, you know. You look at people, Oh these guys, it's eight thirty at night. You could be at home with your families. But you hear pushing buttons looking at a screen. Right. But they've made they've taken people away from that and going gamble on sports mak and they get all the big name faces promoting it, going, hey, you we're talking to Joel Salard about sports bet. It's it's scary, man, it's it's a bit depressing. Yeah, but you know, don't smoke. Smoking's terrible, gambling's fine, Oh yeah, yeah, and I think.
Speaker 4: That's a drinking still drinking as well to some degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think just with this episode, that's what they're trying to say, is you hate smoking, but there's all these other evils out there that you're fine with alcohols and other big one as you said, Oh yeah, yeah, we're fine with alcohol, but smoking marijuana. No, no, no, no, cast make marijuana. Wait a minute, I didn't give the memory when of a drink, don't drink as much as you want, but responsibly. That's their little out. Everyone gets an escape patch. It is official. We have finally launched Bob's Pods, Bob's Burger's podcast, reviewing every episode of the series exclusively on our Patreon. We die the relationships, the themes, the burger specials, and everything else that goes into making Bob's Burgers one of the most loved animated series today. So if you want to sink your teeth into one of the tastiest podcasts going around, join the four finger Discam family today at patreon dot com, slash four figure Discam There was also the element of this episode where I want to know your thoughts. Do you think that this episode here was trying to it's almost being self critical of their structure episode structure where throughout the episode you have Kyle saying, Oh, if we keep going, this is what's going to happen. This is what's going to happen. Is Trade trying to say we're going to change the template up a bit, or we also realize that we are following the same template all the time. We're in on the joke as well.
Speaker 4: Is that that I don't know if it's them being in on the joke as so much them trying to just get ahead of a bit of criticism. I mean, what people who are self deprecating are like, well, I'm going to insult myself before you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't think they're insulting themselves here. I think they're just acknowledging that this is what people like we are maybe going to sort of try it the same old cliches and same old templates every time. I mean, I think they actually say it's another one of those times when things get out of hand.
Speaker 2: Where Kyle Liven calls the shot he goes, this is exactly what's going to happen, and then that's what happens. That's probably the template that just mat any TV is. It better to acknowledge it before anyone else does and get critical because as a viewer, if you enjoy it, who gives a fuck when anyone else thinks? Right, But then when they've never to pointed it out, I'm just kind of going, oh, yeah, you're right. It is just sort of the same thing over and over again. Oh yeah, And I didn't really realize until you pointed it out. It's interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean, of course this came out in I guess three, yeah, a pre binging era, although.
Speaker 2: We're gett DVD box sets at that point in time. Getty miss this place and watch all Sea Buffy season three. That may well be the thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember sometime in the either late nineties rearly two thousands getting all of like.
Speaker 2: Twin Peaks and watching all of it. How cool was it? That was great getting I'm gonna watch every episode.
Speaker 4: But the other thing is you throw that shit down flipp and reverse it. Because I was really into gilmong A that around.
Speaker 2: This watched it, but it's huge wasn't there. Yeah, yeah, and really enjoyed watching it. You know, every week we discussed this with when I talked about House, remember m M yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Then yeah then you and I was like, when I catching up with this and watch a lot of episodes back to back and it's like, oh, these are all the same.
Speaker 2: All the same, if not all the same then sort of closing up.
Speaker 4: But the tone was very much the same as well as like rattat in terms of its dialogue, is that like I think I think I'm overdosing. Yeah, yeah, I'm not sure I'm enjoying this as much because I'm getting it all at once.
Speaker 2: Shows, maybe before the binge era, aren't made to be binged.
Speaker 4: And honestly, the same could be said for movies because you know, you get a lot of movies that either become franchised or whatever.
Speaker 2: Star Wars for example.
Speaker 4: So the one I'm thinking I was born because I really love the Jason Bourne movie. Certainly the first three. Yeah, the first trilogy. Was it ultimatum? There's identity, ultimatum and supremacy no sorryremacy, Yeah, ultimatum. I thought I thought one weekend I was like, yeah, I think I'm just gonna kick back when my buddy Jason Bourne and I still three back to back, is like, oh, these are all the same movie. They're not all the same movie, but they're following a lot of the same beads, the stylistically, the very the same. And I haven't not that I haven't gone back, but it's like, I think it's going to be a while before I watched the.
Speaker 2: Bourne movies again or one together. Anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and nowise they say the Mission Impossible movies, Yeah, yeah, okay, but they're all not Bournes.
Speaker 2: Based on a TV series.
Speaker 4: It is based on a series of books, but Mission Impossible is based on a TV show. The movie each episode is going to be like a TV episode in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, and I think that's what they're acknowledging here. Yeah, okay, because my thought was they're going to switch the show up. But no, I think you're right. I think they're saying, we know it's a formula, but you enjoy the formula. Yeah, so we're going to stick with it because this is what makes the show fun, is what makes the show great, And we'll.
Speaker 4: Throw in some swerves and you know, not every episode is going to be the same. But you should know that, you know, Yeah, it's our foundation is a plot B, plot three out structure, all that kind of business or something happens in South Bay. Oh wow, here we go again. But that's what yeah, as you said, that's what you tuned in for.
Speaker 2: That's what you like. And I know these childish films, right, the kids is to start watching like Beethoven and air Bud, not the Airbud movies. Terrible, great fucking franchise. The ship out of air Bud. Mate, it's a ship ton of air Bud. Yeah, it's good for them right now. And whoever the guy was that played Josh and those movies onto a winner, right, good for him anyway. Elliot's yeah, he's in the first four air Bud movies. It's the same owner of the dog. His name is, the character's name is Josh. And the kids love that. They love it when part two has the same cast in it, because like the Sandlot for example, has different casts and number two different cast number three, and they're like, I doesn't quite feel the same, but like the air Bud, the next one's like he plays football, the next one he plays soccer. The next thing it's air cup or something, and then the fourth one, I think he plays baseball. God, he's a five tool player. Of dog actually plays basketball in air. But have you seen it? I was like, wait a minute, I thought this was gonna be like some pauly seed. I think, No, they throw the ball, this dog launches it into the hole. The dog dribbles the ball, Okay, whatever, but they're watching it right, and the dog gets something bad happens, and Alliott is only six and he's starting to realize his formula to these films. He goes, something bad always happens, but it always comes back at the end. I'm like, he's woke this shit out already.
Speaker 4: He's cractic, he's decoded the matrix.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, Josh fram in the air Bud film series is played by Kevin I'm gonna mispronounce it Ziegasgas Canadian actor. Yeah, the air but franchise is the top thing in his Wikipedia. He was also in that Door of the Dead remake, which I really like. That was a great remake Dawn of the Dead.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Fuck that was good and no one talks about it anymore. We really should. Yeah, exactly, let's make Lender watch it. That's a good idea. P Halloween.
Speaker 4: Oh good idea already made him much on top time machine for our next episode.
Speaker 2: And Malton, what's how funny is we do this South that podcast? We're now doing it with Leonard maltmen doing a movie podcast. But it's the final thing w'e to talk about before we go to our our favorite moments and whatnot? Was the butt out aspect right that the team, the butty Out Team, Oh my god, getting back to anti smoking and just positive, healthy messages in schools. They I'm watching this right and I appreciated all of their jokes, which is just further proof that that kind of humor is targeting the wrong audience. They're targeting the parents, kids that want to hear dad jokes, you know what I mean? What it was like, are you blowing smoke? And they're always so positive and happy to be there, And it's just we all have that memory at least once of that, whether it's just a speaker or a team of speakers coming to the school to try and push a message to you, usually about something positive or something healthy eating or whatnot. And you're watching this going you are the fucking biggest loser in the world. Do you think they realized at the time. Surely they must realize it, But why are you doing this? So why they persist to do it? Even to this day twenty twenty five, they're still taking this approach. It doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many actors are like employed at any given time. It's on like two percent. So I think you'll take a check anyway if you want to.
Speaker 2: I've got a love of performing as well.
Speaker 4: But oh my god, yeah, I mean motivational education, educational groups or speakers, particularly ones that threw a bit of drama or music or comedy into there. To quote my man Crusty, there's always dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you try and be polite, sort of sit there and lots sort of pretend to laugh and just thinking, you guys.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we had one come to our school. I mean, I don't know if they were doing this kind of thing. But Geelong has a trip called the Wooly Jumpers. Do you have you ever heard of them? Yeah, sort of like a I guess a drama troop or something like that. Now, I don't think they necessarily come to school and say, hey, kids, don't smirk. I mean I think these guys are probably but out is probably government funded.
Speaker 2: At this there's someone who has paid so much money and there's a team and they come up by it like that is jeanis the kids are gonna love it? Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I Meanwhile, they're taking, they're breaking a lot of money from you know, sort of tobacco tacks or whatever. It's like, I suppose we better do something to tell our kids not to smoke. Yeah, but you Jumpers came in. I think they were doing something about you know, bullying's bear.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh is it?
Speaker 4: Thanks for the tip as I get a swirly. The main reason I remember is I'm pretty sure that when they came to our school, one of the members I was OSCAR nominated Australian actor Rachel Griffith's no shit, yeah really doing what she was part of the Wooly Jumpers. Just you know, it was like a troop of maybe four or five people, okay, yeah, and they played various characters.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, or you do various skits and bits. I'm pretty sure Rachel Griffiths was one of them. We had. I'm just looking it up here. Healthy Harold the Draft, Howld the Draft, The Life education man mentioned health Herald fuck man like that was. It was the time of year where you're so you saw the health that we called the life Ed bus would arrive, You're like, Harold's here and the get there. And I was telling Nicola this week because they're having some sort of dental van coming to Elliot School, and I said, we had this life Ed van with this howld the draft and it's just stuck with me and it's off talking about healthy eating and things like that. I remember you'd sit in this van and woman was sitt there and all of a sudden this puppet would come out and her arm's clearly there. But when you're like grade one too, I think we're grade three, so were you're starting to go, what's what her arm doing? That might be your hand and might be And then the grade four, five sixty is sort of going along with the charade, so almost like what's it called the plays in England where yeh pantos It's like, yeah, like a pantomime behind you, yes, that kind of thing. Were like, it is going along with it because that's what he's going along with it. But grade one too, you're like, I can't wait to meet him like you believe it was Harold. Harold was in Yeah, yeah, Life ed Van and that worked. You know. That wasn't kids trying to people come out trying to be like cool and doing raps. It was just how the giraffe is a fucking puppet. Muppets work, man, Muppets will work forever. Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm thinking that the people who came to my school or whatever with anti smoker or anti bullying or whatever, they were mostly well meaning, middle aged people who were kind of like, I've got a bit of bit like experience, so I'm going to teach you a bit about this and that or whatever, so you know, don't smoke or yeah, don't bully anyone.
Speaker 2: There is there's Harold by the way. That's that's the bus that would arrive. That was the nineties version right there. Holy moly, Harold. See maybe it's some England as well, but the look there, there's the puppets. See, there's there's Harold, and you're like, oh, ship Harold.
Speaker 4: There's a kind of sweetness and innocence to that. I am so glad that I left school before these guys tried to incorporate like hip hop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you're not cool and you're making a very cool hard form less cool. Stop doing it. On that note, can I start? Of course, Randy's beatboxing just schmoke occsually occasionally throwing in like schmog is bad. Don't do it, it's just fuck men watching people who can't beat box. Trying to beat box is one of the last pleasures.
Speaker 4: Whenever Lou and I have had a few drinks with their friends or whatever, and some music will come on the background, like little guy guy can wrap, like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, don't do it.
Speaker 4: I can't, I can't, don't do that. I can recite the lyrics to Baby Got Back, and I'll do it with a great deal of enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: My version of rap has been able to sing the verses of five, six, seven eight by Steps. I was the only kids school that can do it, and I was like the coolest kick. I could sing all the lyrics.
Speaker 4: For some reason, people seem to find an amusing that that me, the whitest person on earth, knows all the lyrics the Baby Got Back by by some mix a lot.
Speaker 2: What about Joel Turner? Joel Turner guy from he made a living at a beat box. He was like the first famous beat boxer in Australia, which is white dude with his hat on side by sideways. What else is you enjoy I enjoyed rain as fake coughing. When he sees the guy just having a dart at the bar trying to get his attention, it's like, you're just And that's another example of Trey and Matt trying to really position the anti smokers as the bad guys. I think, yeah, or people who just pulled dick moves like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, even if I was just very very anti smoking, I would never sort of goak. He's just like, maybe do you mind taking that outside? I mean more people, more people are not smoking in here than are smoking.
Speaker 2: Smoking dustink though. Oh we went to we went to look at a kitten recently, and clearly they were smokers in the house.
Speaker 4: Was that was that like the best day of your life?
Speaker 2: It was we went, we went in there and the kitten was terrible, wouldn't come near. It was like he said, you say that kitten was terrible. It was there was just no good cat. But it's understanding because we get to get there and I'll get out of the car. I was like something smells a bit off. Maybe it's just these trees who are out in Lara. And we get inside and the first thing he says, she goes, your house stinks. That was like, oh ship. She's like, she's like, no, that's the trees outside, goes and trees outside. Oh, and A just kept going, what's that smell? And like it was just cigarettes, you know, And it was just really when you when you don't live with someone that smokes, even though we're at the football now, right and you're out there outside and so goes for a smoke comes back, it's like, oh, you really smell it now? Oh god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no love, and I have said many times because I mean we were both sort of night clovers and the and the nineties or whatever, and you'd go out and you'd go through a pack and a half a darts Yeah in one night.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, how are we? Oka? Good?
Speaker 4: Fyear good has great?
Speaker 2: Forty five dollars I'm gone at the time, I know, yeah, yeah, yeah, closer to the lug giving them away pretty much you'd be like, you know, cool, next bog back and a half. It was like ten bucks a pack maybe less, yeah, ten bucks back then the equivalent of like forty now though, right, But it didn't feel expensive or was it? Was it the equivalent of like ten dollars back then, because ten dollars back then was more money than what it is now. That's true. But like I say, video games that I've still got video games when I was a kid, it says like seventy dollars on the cop and I'm like, Mom dropped seventy bucks in ninety ninety six for this one fucking game that's like one hundred and twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: But we both realized, you know, you'd get home, you'd sort of wake up the like, oh my god, my close's absolutely weak, especially someone who doesn't know you must read just from you know, sort of you know, seeping out through my fucking palls or one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of gross. It looks super cool, but it's.
Speaker 4: Kind of great.
Speaker 2: It's all about the visuals though, very much. So yeah, yeah, yeah, what do you enjoy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mentioned that you have educational groups coming to your school and like trying to very be very cool in telling you how to live a good life. Clear plead, terrible, terrible stuff. I just love Cartman's hero worship of Rob Ryder when he say he goes around imposing his will on people.
Speaker 2: It's awesome again, and it's just dawned to me having Cartman this show's biggest villain of all of South Park. Even he sees Rhiner as a bad guy, it's clear what their stance is on this. Oh yeah, yeah, so this probably is the first time they've been so in your face with no right a bad be tobacco. Okay, the Big.
Speaker 4: Tobacco song where is sort of a bit bloom perish but who wants to live to be ninety anyway? Kind of funny, And I was like when Cartman is sincere or putting on his sincere face, you know, and he's doing that adah, I guess and the proof. I mean, I've been around long enough to see actual ads like that where you have like a very innocent kid, go, well, they you research into this disease you know isn't worth the money, but what about my laugh? It's like a fuck you kid. But carbon doing that I think was just hilarious. There's there's one or two more that I enjoy, but we'll talk about it as we go through.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people. Hit me with your first question because I started with favorite moments. You're taking away.
Speaker 4: We're shaking things up, you know, South Park style, We're not sticking to the regular format. According to butt out, how many smoking debts are there per year?
Speaker 2: One of mine as well, six hundred thousand?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, next question?
Speaker 2: What was my first question? My next one for you will be what is the name of Rob Rhiner's drag character? Oh? Oh god, damn read a poon? Reach a poon? That's right, I forget that.
Speaker 4: You mentioned the guy enjoying a cigarette at the bar. He works fourteen hours a day where.
Speaker 2: The saw mill? At the saw mill? Yeah? What was on his hat? I was gonna be one of my trivia questions. You right too. I think I think it was bud light.
Speaker 4: I think it was Was it an actual because normally they'd just say like beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, says something a bud light. I'll try and find one more question for you. Okay, okay, well I think I may have even spoiled it before, But what is the name of Rob Reiner's crew? Think of what you do when you're calling to stop a bad guy. It's like call you see if you see this guy on the street, it's call you see the alt call crime stoppers, crimestop. So this guy, these guys are called smoke stoppers. Yes, oh okay, I saw the crime Stoppers adds. Oh yeah. Sometimes it'll be like little bits in between TV shows, so like the following man has wrecked fifteen women. If you seem the streets, call clime stoppers right now.
Speaker 4: Crime stops used to have an actual show as well, did it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was actually when I was working as an extra in TV shows and movies, I was on a crime Stoppers thing. Yeah, just as that's in the background. I wasn't like the actual criminal.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this man?
Speaker 4: By the way, Rob Ryan, he's like I said, he's got a very big political activism section on his Wikipedia page. One of the things that he was involved in. Yes, Ryner is a member of the Social Responsibility Task Force. They sound like fun, an organization advocating moderation where social issues such as barnes and tobacco use and the entertainment industry meet. So yeah, I think he's basically trying to stop characters in movies smoking and all that kind of stuff. Because as I've said many times. One of the reasons I first lit up at Dart was because Bruce Willis looks so cool in Die Hard.
Speaker 2: He's a very bad view. But that's the thing. Little things like that do make a difference long term. Oh yeah, just taking secrettes out of films like that, And I get why people will be annoyed by it, because it does make you look cool and things like that. But there are things that are probably more important than looking cool. That is true, like actually living this. You can't look cool if you're dead. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing I did on the weekend. I watched Papa Francesco's funeral. Did you rest in peace? Pope Francis?
Speaker 2: Did you fall asleep as well? Uh?
Speaker 4: I think we turned on after twenty minutes, like we're getting a nice travelogue of Rome here?
Speaker 2: Did you wear a blue suit?
Speaker 4: This is the one time I'm going to say this. I felt a little bad for Donald Trump because he wasn't the only one in.
Speaker 2: A blue suit. Of course he wasn't. No, Prince William was in a blue suit. Of course he was almost the same color. Yep.
Speaker 4: So yeah, because I initially saw the things like that's really disrespectful to Papa Francesco Donald and yeah, yeah, of course Trump's going to do that.
Speaker 2: Then you look around, it's like there's about three or four other people wearing blue suit. That's Prince William, Prince William, dad into They get there like you too. But let's get into some cheeseypoof shout out, shall we?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Let's I love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs. Weed didn't cheesypoofs. Weeed be Starting with the lovely Katy G with her one hundred dollars support. Thank you so much, Katy G for saying Katy G for that. Going down to South Park the following cheeseypoops as well, we have Justin Parker, Chaney, Macher, Elliott, j O'Neil is, a Bella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sewn d V, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental Plan, Flood, Bello, Window Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath, Apple, be Ada McLeod, marchra Elevan, Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, Talia Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan B James Sheppard, Joe reading Sect, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, and Charlie Joe. Thank you for being cheeseypoof top tie supporters of ours on Patreon here going down out bike.
Speaker 4: Thanks a bunt you top notch, cheesy books.
Speaker 2: Top notch indeed. All right, so let's get into our in depth review, our run through. You could say, of ah, but remember the episode. So the original edit of this episode was December third, two thousand and three. Free What was I doing there? Two thousand and free? Watching too much tree Park?
Speaker 4: We're going to put you on a thirteen thirteen thirty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, right, two thousand and three. So the box office films at the time. Chance we are doing this again, I clues, you need clues while they're twenty two years ago? Man, Yeah, well they're all kids films. Third was alf it's carryover from the previous. But the next two that's for adults. Next two, yeah it is here. The next two are two different ones. Okay, last week, would you like some clues on?
Speaker 4: I would for number what's the clue num?
Speaker 2: So the number one is a house of some kind, Disney Film Disney Film House, oh god, damn person in the movie might make some waffles. No, I'm blanking. It's the Haunted Mansion. Oh, Eddie, right, it did. Yeah, he voiced Donkey that if I saw the Harnted Mansion. I think I was just it was this. I came out at a time when I was too old to watch it.
Speaker 4: Eddie Murphy amazing talent once in a generational sort of super and over of talent.
Speaker 2: Had some god awful forgettable movies. Yeah. It was just the year, wasn't it. I think so?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they even they rebooted Haunted Mansion not long ago.
Speaker 2: Do you know this? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I still know what's that one?
Speaker 2: Either? Okay, what's another film which I never saw and I'm probably never gonna watch. It stars another person from Shrek? Is it Mike Mos? Yeah? It is a terrible kids movie? Is that the Cat? And? Oh? That's this ship movie? I was terrible? I think.
Speaker 4: Actually, I don't know if the Doctor Seuss estate stipulated this, but I think after this they were like no more live action Doctor Sue's adaptations animated only.
Speaker 2: Because I bought in and lora axe and stuff.
Speaker 4: Because he had The Grinch in two thousand with Jim Carrey, which I didn't like but is apparently getting sort of loved, Yeah, getting religated. I remember sitting through it going, this is garbage.
Speaker 2: I hate this. Yeah, I remember every adult hated it and every keep us Yeah right, but.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, cat and the hat came out and it was like, this is worse than the Grinch. Yeah, let's stop now, let's stop now. I mean, yeah, if we're gonna do what we do with Animal.
Speaker 2: So we can thank Mike Mya as much as we can think of the person that plays no wife and no more live action fucking Disney movies. Is we act poor old Rachel Zegler. Yeah, and fell on the sword for us.
Speaker 4: Apparently she's actually not bad at it, like Gallagher Dott is not good as.
Speaker 2: The evil's watching this movie.
Speaker 4: No one's watching it. People are watching movies though movies are back.
Speaker 2: I still haven't watched Mefassa, so I'm never going to. I refuse to watch it. I was like, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the original animated Lion King. I have no desire to see a live action Lion King. I don't think it would work.
Speaker 2: It's stupid. It doesn't make any sense. But yeah, Sinn is doing well.
Speaker 4: Sinner's doing very well. Minecraft movie Magna shit done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not because it's a good movie. That's because people are trying to make memes. But that's the thing getting people back good.
Speaker 4: Good movies and bad movies. Taylor's old as time people.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Tell you what did really well at the US box office last weekend, Redeme Tolous Sit Yeah, the re release and it made sound like twenty million on its opening weekend.
Speaker 2: I think Hayden Christian's done a good job of marketing it. Everyone's going, hey, we were meant to this guy. He's actually pretty good. And I didn't see a great tweet where I was like, I do love see anyone come out of a Revenge of Sif, going oh, there's a lot of bad parts in this movie too. Everyone it being the dark fade a bit at the end. It's like, oh, it's a lot of shit leading up to it. But it does have that awesome Style Wars moment of the kid going what are you going to do now? And again? Or whatever? You're like the little kids jump when it happens, you're like, oh no, or sixty six Going Down to South Park is brought to you by our incredible supporters own Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in ad free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sciefield, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash fourthing a discount. All right. So yeah, the original day, December third, two thousand and three. Who do you reckon? Wrote and directed this episode, mister Davis.
Speaker 4: I think it was I think Trey Parker put his name on it. I think Matt Stone is really the power behind the throne. This is Trey Parker all the way, all the way, all the time.
Speaker 2: That's just you know, just enjoying life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the reason he is so like, oh what we're going to throw forty million at years, laughed about it. Guess what, I got another one hundred and forty million earning interests. I'm sitting on a Beachjourning twenty percent. It's two diehard references in one episode.
Speaker 2: That's what you come for. The episode kicks off with mister Mackie trying to get the attention of the kids at the school.
Speaker 4: Well, this was almost one of my favorite moments, just you know, mister Mackie's like, oh, we're interest down and just coming in off the top rope, as you might like to say, using the feedback to shut up the kids.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant. I loved it. Every school had that teacher that just not that they didn't give a fuck, but they knew how to just wrangle the kids in. And the older I got, the more I realized they're the teachers that I respected the most.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's a great line in a Stephen King book. I think it's Christine, and this always stuck with me for some reason. Okay, the main character is getting horribly bullied and one day one of these teachers comes in and sort of stands up from or whatever, and King writes, this guy was small and bald and all that kind of stuff, but no one fucked with him because they knew that he wasn't afraid of kids like so many teachers are, and I'm like, wow, that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't even shout it to a teacher from my high school, mister Cabri, and may have even give him a shout before I think you have. Yeah. He was a German teacher and we always saw him as like weird and creepy, mean, and when you get to year twelve, you're like, you know what, here's the one that's going to push us in the right direction. He had our best intentions at heart all the time, never fucked around. We learned the most of mister Carey. What a fucking legend. And in primary school it was mister Warland. I'll still to this day try to track him down just to thank him, right, because he was the guy that he used to walk around and kids would run and fear out because he would walk around and say, hey, do something naughty, pick up twenty papers, right, which was like pick up stuff on the rubbish on the ground. Not only was he punishing kids for being naughty, but he was cleaning up the school at the same time. What a fucking legend. And he was the one that incorporated singing songs in the school assemblies, right, because I got a elliot schoo assemblys and they're fine, but they just kids at the front. And today I did dish and this week we're going to be doing this fundraiser. He would get the entire school to sing songs, so beatles songs and you mentioned the line can before, Like I remember the whole school singing just can't wait to be king, And it was my job to project the lyrics up onto this big white board during assembly, and the entire school would be doing dancing together and singing songs. And that was all mister Walland he look back then You're like, fucking legend. Good on. I just want to give my high five. I hope he's still with us, because I just I one day just want to shake sand and say thank you. Because because of him, I used to be terrified of everything. He was the one that made me get up in front of the school and do these lyrics and push me to do it. And I think, my, uh, what would you call it my fearlessness? Yeah, not fearlessnesses but blindness. Yeah, just I wasn't scared all the time, you know, just because of him. Yeah, absolute legend. Well, the teachers is fear the most. Usually the ones that are the best.
Speaker 4: If we take anything away from this episode, I do want to scare you until it doesn't scare you anymore.
Speaker 2: Then the team come out and it's just everything it shouldn't be. They're just overly excited to be there, and immediately the kids just turn on them. I think it's Kyle just goes oh no, oh, no, hy students, how we are feeling today?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Hey, did you guys know that each year over six hundred thousand people a year die from smoking a year.
Speaker 3: Six hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Are you sure you're not just blowing smoke?
Speaker 2: Blow smoke. U's no way, because we don't need to smoke. It needed a year, right, kids, But break it down house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool to say no, but.
Speaker 3: Smoking starts to go.
Speaker 2: No smoking. Kyle in this group, right, Kyle's one has all the bags under his eyes. He looks a bit older. I'm watching this going. He's the Blue Wiggle. He's the one who knows how much of a gravy train this is. He like, because the Blue Wiggle created the Wiggles, right, all of them, all of the rest of them. They've cashed out. They're like, I've made my money. I'm done. There's like eight Wiggles now, but the Blue Wiggle he's always there because he's just like, I'm keeping this gravy train going, is that Anthony?
Speaker 4: Anthony?
Speaker 2: Anthony, yeah, Anthony, Yeah, I mean great guy. Right. The Wiggles are great modern day wiggles. Say what you will, like whatever, but I'm just watching this going. They're all young, but he's older. He's been doing this for fifteen years. Is a life. They'll move on to other things. He's going to be doing this in another ten years. Yeah, but they make terrible puns, which I enjoy. Are you blowing smoke? And why is it every nineties group they have to say break it down's break it down, Let's break it down. And they're seeing the rap about how it's cool to say no, and they even attempt to beat boxing what not. Kenny starts eating his own hands and just hang just can't believe what's happening. And they say, if you smoke, you could grow up to be a failure or grow up to be dead. And then they say, if you don't smoke, you'll be just like us. Of course we cut to the boys immediately smoking behind the school because that's where you smoked, right, oh yeah. Every school has a little spot where that's where the smokers go. And you see walking down there at lunch home, You're like, the teachers know they're going to that. I think they're being secretive going down there. O'dstand a little smoking spot if I know that's where you smoke. The teachers know that's where you smoke. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: When you're a kid, you thinking, well, then well if they don't see me doing it, then I'm fine clovering their eyes.
Speaker 2: I can't see you can't see it. I can wreak of cigarettes. When you go to math class after lunch, yep, what grow an idiot. Mister Mackie comes though, but they can't stop coughing. He questions what they're doing back here, and they tried to hold in their coughs. Gets to the point where stand, I think coughs up some flam. Oh that's gross. And then he goes onto a big rant about how smoking is bad and grown blah blah blah. But they flicked their butts into the dumpster, causing a fire to happen behind him, a literal dumpster fire, A literal dumpster fire, which burns down the school and I just really got to kick out of mister Macklin, mister Mackiews and mister mac My version of mister mackiet school was mister Macklin. That's why I was going to confuse it's so weird. Curse okay, and uh what holy shit, you got it no matter how many times mister slave says, Jesus christis slaves me always good always And yeah ooops and I've got here. Have you ever accidentally started a fire? I've mentioned now started to causes the barbecue to catch fire a couple of years ago, never used the barbecue sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a very brief period when I was a small child of life fires.
Speaker 2: But yeah really yeah, yeah, just like fire is interesting.
Speaker 4: And by lighting matches and just looking and going wow, that's interesting, or yeah, being interested in like open fireplaces or pop belly staves or whatever. Our good family friends of the Darcy, I don't th've ever told this story.
Speaker 2: I burned their house to the fucking ground.
Speaker 4: They had a farm added like Point Henry, not far away, and yeah, I was we used to get my My sister Awena had.
Speaker 2: A horse there, also named Twine Henry. She loved that horse.
Speaker 4: But i'd go down occasionally and there'll be nothing to do because it's a farm.
Speaker 2: Where are the books? Where's it? Where's the TV?
Speaker 4: No, there's a fireplace, though, so I think I was just sort of poking around to go that's interesting when I sort of deconstruct that burning log. Oh, that burning log has caught on something.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: Not that the house burned down or anything like that, but there was fire where there shouldn't be fire. I think I was able to put it out, but I was kind of like, it's gonna be hard to explain that away. We had a portable heat I only I was invited back to the Darcy Farmer. I I luckily didn't burn the house down, right, but this could have gone very pair shaped. We got really early one Saturday morning and it was cold and adducted heating wasn't working. So we had this little portable heater.
Speaker 2: I'd say it was about thirty centimeters by about twenty this little box right and the front of the heat come out, just the front of it right, and I put it. I put it down. I hadn't used it before. I thought, oh, I'm gonna be I alternate heat and I'll warm the house up for everybody before everyone gets up. I'm watching video hits a rage, probably yeah, I put it there, and I'm sitting down and it's still pretty cools. Why is this not hitting the house where there's no heat coming out? What's going on? I had to face down, Oh my god, on the carpet, oh boy, for like twenty minutes, oh dear. And I picked it up and there's just nothing there. The carpet had burnt away down through to the concrete slab. Holy shit. But it didn't catch fire. But I was just like, oh shit. I couldn't explain that away. Could we just had this giant rectangle missing from the middle of the living room floor.
Speaker 4: Did you say I'm sorry I put it they stand or did you just say, oh, it must have just knocked over.
Speaker 2: I thought in that moment, I thought about what can I say to cover up for this? But I just went it's probably best of me to say what happened. And Mum was just like, Dad was angry that I started without asking me, and it was like, ah, it was a mistake. You know, you can be angry and mistake, but to punish for a mistake, unless I say to Elliott I'm not going to punish your mate for doing the wrong thing the first time. But now you know it's the wrong thing to do. Let's learn from the less do it again, and then you'll be in trouble. Yeah, because I feel like punishing someone for the first mistake is never the right thing to do. Oh no, no, So now on the principal's office. But it's just the door because the school is burnt to the ground. They apologize, I am savvy, but the parents arrive and they turn on them immediately. My son is not a filthy smoker. I have no son. I love here again, this is there. This is the thing with the episode. I guess that the school has legitimately burnt to the ground, but they're more concerned in the fact that their kids were smoking, not the fact that there's no school left or their lives were in danger. It's just, oh, they were smoking. Cartman gets granted for three weeks. Now, did you watch the unsensored version? Because carm gets granded for three weeks and he just says, you fucking hiddy. Something about just hearing the swear makes it so much funnier. Swears when used, they don't use it very often in itself, like anymore, I felt they use them a lot more in the earlier days. Now when you watch it uncensored, they using maybe once twice an episode. It really emphasizes that makes it funnier. Yeah, but Sheila says that the tobacco companies have gotten to them, and Kyle sees, well, this is the opportunity to pass the blame. It wasn't us we were doing, it was them for manipulating our minds. He can't pretends that his mind is being controlled, and they demand to bring them down. As Sheila suggests, they get the one person who can help them do so, Rob Ryaner. So. Now Rob Ryner's smoke stoppers, and he's baffled as to why he's still getting letters from parents saying their kids are smoking when he's he's increased the taxes, he's had smokes removed from films, his forced amount of restaurants. He can kids still be smoking. Meanwhile, he's sweating profusely and out of shape, eating a hamburger. So that's that's the point they're trying to make. Those we discussed earlier. He won't let the kids of America be brainwashed by tobacco. Companies. This is war. Now in south Park there's a big town meeting. I guess it's a town meeting. What would you call it? Gathering outdoors thetown assembly about welcoming Rhiner to the town, and Kyle suggested the boys, you know what, we should probably come clean because this is going to end up just like any other time, to get out of hand, and we could just shut it down immediately. The boys like, no, no, we can't do that because we don't want to get granded for three weeks. No, this is how it's going to go. Rob Ryan then arrives, are you going to big kick out of Garrison? Saying here he comes. They do it all the time when a celebrity arrives in south Park. They do it in Simpsons as well. Can you remember the last time somebody came to Geelong? Whether like someone so he's coming to town. I feel like Geelong has sort of outgrown that small town mentality a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean something that's currently happening in Gelong or maybe about to happen in Geelong as they're filming a big Hollywood movie really well, they're certainly filming scenes from it at Condnia Park at GMHBS which the movie is called Mister Irrelevant and it stars a guy named David corn Sweat. He's going to be seen as Superman coming very soon. I love the like now that's irrelevant, and also the terrific actor Michael Shannon. Okay, you were of my own. Yeah, oh he'sn't head about him. Very good actor. But apparently it's one of those sports movies where this guy is named like last in the draft, back in NFL. Yeah in the Yeah, in the NFL draft.
Speaker 2: Back in the back in the day, back in the seventies or eighties. Back in the day's like twenty ten.
Speaker 4: Now that's correct. I'm going to renegotiate my version of back in the day. But yeah, something like back in the seventies or the eighties or something. But nonetheless, you know it's like, oh, well, this guy's just making up the numbers or whatever. But he tended it to be like really motivational and inspirational. So anyway, I think they're filming like a sports scene that requires a crowd at Gordinia Park.
Speaker 2: When's that happening. That's a really good question. To be a part of said crowd, you probably could be well, let's look it up, shall we. Maybe they'll feel it like half time at the footy was already a crowd there. Stay's paining extras.
Speaker 4: Hollywood is coming to the Geelung's premier sports for his scent when Superman actor David Curran Sweat descends on the footy ground to film a new movie later this month. This was published on April the tenth, So yeah, happened place the thirtieth, twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: Probably has.
Speaker 4: GMHBS stand and then we gonna be half lemits wrapped to tenders ahead of Geelong's Round nine clash against GWS, where the US movie did filmed at the ground. Scenes from the upcoming flip Mister Irrelevant will be filmed at Goodinia Park between rounds seven and nine from late April to early May.
Speaker 2: Good for Geelong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, they're talking about a lot of films that are actually shot in around the Geelong area, the city on the Grove, such as the original Mad Max, the two thousand and three movie Ned Kelly Sawing the late tenth Ledger parts of Ghost Rider were shot in Little River.
Speaker 2: I told you that Mad Max was filmed in my fucking auntie's house and they ruined it. They fucked it up, just left.
Speaker 4: That's very mad mates of them, I think. But anyway, Yes, Geelong City on the grive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rob Ryner arrives and here he comes, and he struggles to get out of his car through demands some butter he can slide out, and as he walks out, his guts hanging out and his butt's hanging out there ever the episodes and he's butt hanging out and I'm like.
Speaker 4: A little not to the title that, but there was see this is why you're Dano, I was saying. That was a pretty harsh burned on Rob Ryan. I mean the whole kind of They make him very jabb of Thehuddish.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean he's probably a nice person. Oh yeah, he's got children's health at heart, which is a positive thing. Oh yeah, Old Southwark.
Speaker 1: It is so nice to see an entire town come together to fight for good health.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna help you.
Speaker 1: He's poor, innocent children have been seduced into smoking tobacco.
Speaker 2: God, we fight flyle with file. We're gonna use your children to bring your tobacco cover you down now and the boys now at the bar of all the place is the bar. I do that makes sense because they have to have him see the cigarette smoking. But like we at the bar, it just doesn't make any sense there. So he maps out the plan to level out the playing field. As he puts it, they're be taking fake photos inside the factory one they're on towour to demonstrate how they're being brainwashed, and even the boys can see that this isn't the right thing to do since they're both since it's both as bad as each other. He's like, it's okay to lie as long as you know, if you know what's better for the person than they do, then it's okay to lie. Yeah, well it's just a randomout why it's only ends justify the man. Yeah, we're gonna lie right back to them. Their lying, so we're gonna lie back. And then Robert smells the smoke from the guy and the coffee got me. Is so hilarious. But this guy's just trying to relax for a fourteen hour shift. I'mach just going, this is guy, like, this is this is guy's mentality? Is this guy's opinion? Dude? Fuck off, I'm just like I need this. But he learns that smoking in bars isn't illegal in Colorado. It's like, what do you mean? How can I be illegal? And no, when he wants to relax, he goes to his holiday houses in Mexico. Was good. One is I don't do I don't have a holiday house. This is my holiday Rob Ryaner said.
Speaker 4: When I went to relax and go to my holiday house, in a way, it's like, well, I don't have a holiday yours.
Speaker 2: Is in Mexico then or whatever. Whatever. Yeah, everyone's got one, everyone's Yeah, he's got his blinders on. So he says, you'll put a stop to this cartman, as you were saying earlier, idolized him for the way he imposes his will onto others. We're now at big Tobacco and Ryana says you have to do what they do what he says, and they'll be able to sue them for two billion dollars. Can you handle it? What does Cartman saying? So for two billion dollars, I can hand on my grandpa's ball, that's right. So they'll do anything. So they'll do anything to get the kids, hold on smoking their liars, their frauds, and then cuts to him walking in dressed as a woman. Yes, yeah, as who wants a tour for the kids, and Kevin Harris, the VP, I'll beg tobacco. He takes him on this history tour, talking about how the Native Americans were the first to smoke tobacco and explains how tobacco helped build America and if tobacco, many of their black friends wouldn't even be here today, quickly glossing over of the fact that that was a slave industry. But yeah, so they do paint them as bad guys or that they're doing the wrong thing as well. But I would say that they do that as more of a they're doing in a way that if you're, say you're thirteen fourteen watching this, I'm not sure you'd pick up on that.
Speaker 4: I don't think you would. No, I think you just go, oh, well, you know, the tobacco industry has a long and storied history.
Speaker 2: Why are they here because of them? Yeah, because it's the way, it's all the way, he's all the way he's say this. Know.
Speaker 4: I mean, it may well have been the case back in the day that if you're just smoking, as Monty Ben said, regular rule tobacco, tobacco, Yeah, maybe it was just fine. But when you start putting all manner of additives into it to make you know, nicotine more addictive. I think that's when you start sucking up a bit more. Here I'm being a shill for the tobacco industry.
Speaker 2: But see when not. So here's the thing with chemicals and foods in that Right when I went in the Delhi yeah two and seven through to like twenty ten, eleven ish, four chicken breasts were a kilo. Now you can get two chicken breast for a quie. Yeah, dude, they're putting I got a killer of chicken the other day and it was two chicken breast, and I went, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we've got stuff in our bodies that shouldn't been there.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. So then he explains that they heed that they inform them of the dangers of smoking, but people can still choose, because that's what America is all about. In the car, that seems reasonable. It does sound reasonable, And I think that right there, that sentence is the point of this episode. You can inform people of the dangers, but let them make the choice. Don't take the choice away from them. And that's where they get annoyed. With Ryte because they're saying he's taking the choice away. People can still smoke. It's gonna smoke outside, which he spends where you sit on the fence. So then they cut to the workers all singing the song much like the Umpa Lumpa. And I didn't take any notes of was just it was what it was. But you mentioned one of the lyrics, what was who wants to live to be ninety anyway? Yeah? Some people, sure, yeah, but Margaret Mary still going strong and I'm strong indeed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then Ryaner takes the photo and then on the way out make sure they have run and they have him killed somebody as well, because he's just so ridiculous. We're now at smoke stoppers that they camp, and the boys say, you know what, those tobacco workers, they seemed pretty nice. Meanwhile, the people at the smoke stoppers are all like vampires, aren't they creatures and zombies and whatnot? And he says, Carton says, so smoking brings people a little bit of joy and you get to take it away from him. Carton's like, yes, this is what I want to be a part of. So mister Valgerie photoshops cigarettes into the hands of the four boys from the photo that Rob Ryer took, and Kyle points out that you know this is lying, right, and this says sometimes lying is okay, like when you know what's better for the person more than they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which is that's something that Parker and side to really pushing against, like I know better than you. Yeah, maybe you do.
Speaker 2: But they don't actually show Rob Ryiner in a positive way in any aspect of this episode. Normally they show some sort of oh yeah, look, okay, he might be okay there, but look, he's the worst. This is just bad, bad, bad bad. But Colorado revealed that they still won't ban cigarettes because they can't prove that secondhand smoke kills people. They're still improven today. You can't say the second hand smoke doesn't make you sick. He fucking does. Oh I'm pretty sure it's not. Well, it's not good for you. It's not gonna be the reason you died. But if you're a kid that's living around your parents chain smoking in the house, it can't be can't be for you, No, no, no, But that's what they're saying here. They won't ban it because they can't prove that yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but at the same time, you're gonna have a if you're a company or an industry that's got a ship ton of money, like big tobacco, you know, then you can parmer. Yeah, then you can find scientists will say no, there's no conclusive proof on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you'll be able.
Speaker 4: To find scientists who seem legit. It's like, oh, well they actually work at this lab or they're a graduate of this school or whatever. It's like, wow, they why would they lie ching?
Speaker 2: But yeah. So basically they're saying here they're gonna be manipulating the photos to do so, but they're still not going to band it because they can't prove it, so they're gonna make a commercial instead.
Speaker 3: So, gentlemen, looks like only one of us get to be in the commercial. Huh, who will it be? Gentlemen, the game is owned. Go ahead, We don't want to be in their stuper commercial.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Oh, I get a cow. That's your serbian jew double bluff. Make me think you don't care about being in the commercial, so that maybe I won't either. Oops, didn't work, didn't care. No, we really want nothing more to do with these people. Sure you don't cow, and neither do I. I know what you're gonna say next. You're gonna say, how about none of the show tomorrow to do it? And then I'm supposed to agree so that tomorrow you can once in Ah by yourself and do the commercial that serbian ju double bluff, and it ain't gonna work on me.
Speaker 1: He he Hey, only one of us can be in the commercial.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, The game is owned. Going Down to South Park is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Supporters get early and add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Scifard, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. So it's now in the middle of the night and Cartman thinks he's nailing Kyle into his room and watching his going don't the door open from the other way, But he's already out of his room. He hasn't gone in there yet, explains to Cartman at the smoke stoppers and the manipulators, who will they will just use him to get what they want. Then he opens up the door and just enters, and then Cartman just keeps hammering the wood onto the door frame. Now it's time for the commercial, and Rob Ryan tells Cartman to read the words and the teleprompter, and he says he's got terminal cancer due to secondhand smoke. When you see this, I'll be dead, yes, not realizing that they mean it legitimately.
Speaker 3: You know, some people say there's no proof that secondhand smoke cures. The tobacco companies say there's no proof that secondhand smoke cures. I've just been diagnosed with terminal youngcans. I guess I'm the proof. The next time you want to believe that secondhand smoke doesn't kill, think about me, because by the time you see this commercial, I'll be dead.
Speaker 2: Dead.
Speaker 1: That part right, we got it wrap out before that was fantastic.
Speaker 3: What what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I'll be dead?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: What was that dead part? That was very good? Eric, here eat this cupcake.
Speaker 3: And no thanks, I'm not hungry, but you all just eat.
Speaker 2: This one cupcake. It has sprinkles.
Speaker 3: I'm not eating the cupcake.
Speaker 2: H Do you know what a hero is.
Speaker 1: Our hero is somebody who sacrifices himself for the good of others. You can be a hero, Eric, All you have to do is eat the cook cake.
Speaker 2: Jesus right. The fact that the show's biggest monster is able to appear as the victim goes to show where they want you to think about what they want to think about. Rob Ryiner coming and arrives at the boy's house as they're playing cards because they're all baout. They're like, we're not We're out of this now. They're playing cards and time they get away from them because he's coming for them. Don't get coming for him too. He's coming for him, not for them. But they call Randy and but Randy's being convinced by rob Ryan, who says, no, they won't be trying to harm him, and the boys say, they only want you to get away from us. I thought we were friends. Maybe I was wrong. Yep, totally wrong. Yeah, And Kyle says, look, dude, this is all formula. We should this will be granded for three weeks and it'll be fine, or we can do the usual and it'll cut to you know, the usual part where the everyone is outside with in the town with pitchforks with Rob Ryaner or whatnot, and blah blah blah. They we're going to be persisting with this. We're not going to be getting granted for three weeks. This is where Ryaner, he admits to the town, they're actually going to kill coming, but for the good of the town. It's for the good of the it's good for the good of the nation. They went, wait a minute, Wait a minute, you go to actually kill him. He's like, do I need to explain this again? And Kyle comes with his I've learned something today, turns the stand, see told you, and he says that this is about fascism and causes says because Rhiner is using his money to push his agenda against smoking, when actually it was their fault for not making their own decision themselves and allowing him to push to push him in that direction. Everyone then decides to let everyone else you know, you make your decision. It's it's it's our choice, not not not Rob Ryaners. Garrison tells mister Rob Ryan too, but and Cartman stabs him with a fork, doesn't idolize him anymore, and all the goo oozes out precious goo. And since the truth is out there, they get granted anyway, So we get the cliche ending and we get granded. So I guess we learn our lesson. We know we didn't do it. No, we did it, and that's the end ab out. It's yeah, so an interesting episode. It's different in the way they usually handle these ones, where they are very It's almost like that they had they had it in for Rob Reiner, they wanted to go for him, really target it. Well, I don't don't, I don't know, have not Rob Ryaner.
Speaker 4: Then certainly what Rob Ryaner is standing for. Yeah, because as he said, I mean they respect the guy. I guess as an artist may not some such as an activist. The messages he's pushing runs counter to There is a personal responsibility. And something I've written here is that personal responsibility is all well and good, but I mean corporate responsibility, especially businesses that have a lot of clout and money and resources to sway or even shape public opinion and public thinking. Yeah, they also have a great deal of responsibility as well. It's also very important for those guys to quote unquote do the right thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what do you think their endgame was for this episode? Was it to discussing. Do you think it's pro choice?
Speaker 4: I think it's pro personal responsibility? Yeah, and which is I guess pro choice as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing is though, by allowing it to do this, because he was saying, if more people to smoke in my bar, that should I should be able to have a bar that smokes. He also met this is in the commentarium. You could have You could have a world where smoking in bars was allowed. I mean I can't understand as someone who doesn't smoke, I can't see why they can't be bars where it is said you can smoke in. But I think if those bars exist, it needs to be no kids in there. Oh yeah, absolutely adults only bar. If you want to smoke in here, then that's fine. I think banning cigarette it's hard though, because you can't just ban it for something, not for others. It's either you just ban it or you don't. Don't you reckon? I think so, same like dunk control, just like or automatic rifles gone like you just you just have to do it.
Speaker 4: It's certainly easier if you if you make it a blanket band across the board, isn't it?
Speaker 2: And I think because of that, if you have bars where smoking exists, if you're a kid, you go, oh, I can't wait till I can finally go in there, right and I can finally smoke and whatnot? Just taking I would say that smoking now it feels uncool. I know. You always go it's fucking cool when you're smoke. You grow up an ear where like it's not now. I think now, have you watched on smoke, it's the oh no. If you see anyone smoking, out's kind of like, what's wrong with your dude? Alliot sees people smoking, he goes, why do they smoke? It's bad for you? Goings, they let to smoke if they want to mate, and he goes, yeah, but why do they? Why do they choose that? I'm like they were informed like you were when you were younger.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They made the choice, and it's hard to stop. Once you start, it's hard to stop. Yeah, yeah, that's very much the case. Do you think it was a good episode of South Bike?
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it, got a few laughs out of it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely but also, yeah, it gives you how long we've been talking.
Speaker 4: We've been talking a while, between an hour and a half. It's a good long talk.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of meat on the bone here. We should also give Rob Reiner his his qudos by the way, before this episode wraps up, because I feel like we'd we touched on it, but like he did, so this name some of his films, Spinal Tap, stand by Me, right, stand by Me, Misery, a few good Men. Yeah, yeah, I feel the men. Yeah he directed that. What a fucking catalo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when Harry met Sally the American President. Okay, yeah, which is sort of like the antecedent to the West Wing. A lot of good stuff. But then there's a lot of stuff in there. This is also extremely forgettable.
Speaker 2: It's the thing if you if you were younger right when this movie came out, I say you're twelve thirty, when you watch this episode, you probably didn't really know much about Rob Ryiner. So your idea of this guy is just against cigarettes. Like, no, look, he was fucking he did a lot of good stuff. Look, first of all, he's the son of a guy named Carl Reiner, who was like absolute comedy legend one of the members of Oceans eleven. But Princess Brian another one. Oh, we direct the Princess Bride of course. All the family he did, all the family.
Speaker 4: He started in all of the family. Oh, because he was an actor before he became a director. Oh really, I did not know that.
Speaker 2: The buckle List. I didn't mind the buckle List.
Speaker 4: It's probably one of his better late ones. Yeah, okay, there you go. Yeah, run good Man and I'm still acting. And I think I mentioned earlier was in the Wolf of Wall Street and he's very very funny.
Speaker 2: Ivan Rightman? What do I Wrightman direct Ghostbusters? Also directed Twins air Bud What? I don't think he directed? Would have produced it? Iver produced it?
Speaker 4: Was it the feeling? I haven't Rightman put his name on a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Because did he direct? He directed Space dam right. No, that's directed by guys Joe Pitker. Yes, no, but he must have produced it. I think so, Ivan Rightman. Air by the te of look, let's say telling us, did not have direct air Bud his best name for directing from the Ghost Buses, Animal House the Airbud Fanships were directed by other filmmakers, but did ever produce some of the air.
Speaker 4: See, you can't trust Ai Ivan Rightman did not direct Animal House. That was John Landers. He produced Animals.
Speaker 2: See, this is the thing. My brains are so used to reading the top bit now. I was like, that's wrong, though, don't do it. Yeah, I've read it as fact that even though I knew it was wrong.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are doing this. When they're typing stuff into Google, they will put Reddit at the end.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so at least you know you're dealing with a human, admittedly a strange and twisted human who's on Reddit.
Speaker 2: That still, he says here. Best known for his any comedy movies, Animal House and Ghostbusters. He produced Animal has he did not. Turns out you're wrong. I will wait.
Speaker 4: My next month's salary from four figure discount Industries. That John Landis directed the Animal House, National Lampoon's Animal House.
Speaker 2: That's how I look, shall we I've rub a director of Animal House. It they did Meatball Stripes, Ghostbusters, Twins, Ghostbusters to Kindgut and Cop Dave Jr's National Lampoon's Animal House. He was a producer. Yeah, heavy Metal, base Jam and Private Parts. Private Parts sort of revisit that movie. I'd wid that movie when I was a teenager.
Speaker 4: I remember thinking the s ain't bad at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would, right, And just is a guy that he's like, this is going to make money. I'll attach my name to it, but I'm not going to direct it. Oh sure Spilber did that as well. Absolutely was he Gremlins spille Presents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Steven Spielberg, So so that means that he he gave money to I imagine he used his clout. He probably had a production deal with various companies. But also I was like, look, Roberts and Megas and Bob gal they've written this movie or back to the Future.
Speaker 2: You should let him do it. It's pretty good, you know. I'll put my name on it and people, Oh yeah, if it doesn't work, it's on me kind of things, right, oh, sort of it.
Speaker 4: But my name will get people through the door, because like what the guy who made e T and Raids the Lost arg has got his name on this.
Speaker 2: Well that's something I trust because if you put Steven Spielberg Presents the top of Gremlin's post, it you going to watch it. Sure did not produce anything I would direct. I imagine he's done a bit of production as well. Just let you guys know he's not just a guy full of ooze.
Speaker 4: He's made a ship town of good movies and acted in some two.
Speaker 2: Yes. Now, the next episode of south Park we shall be reviewing is Raisins.
Speaker 4: All right, so I don't know a thing.
Speaker 2: Look forward to that in your feeds in the next in the next episode here I've gone down south Park. But before we do that, mister Davis, raisins, your thoughts on raisins as a foodstorf the food stuff.
Speaker 4: Every once in a while on bee of a mind, it's like, you know, we would go down really nice as a handful of raisins. The texture, taste, little sugar fir not every day, not even every week.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't barely pack it of them. It's just too much.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you get a little boxes, Yeah, those little boxes you used to get that was perfect. Yeah, And sometimes you know you get that in your lunch box when you go to school. It's like raisins anyway, what about a cookie?
Speaker 2: But it's like, you know what it's actually there's gonna hit the spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and sometimes it did. Yeah, yeah, so raisin it's not bad. The Raisin South Park episode I don't know, let's find out next week.
Speaker 2: Chell ind thank you guys for all of your support he ad going down to South Park. We've been gathering up all of your mail bag questions, so please keep sending them through south Park Mailbag at gmail dot com and we should be answering those on our next mailbag South Pak Mailbag episode. You can't get in touch with us as well via the Patreon feed, like the community feed on Patreon, or via our exclusive community on Facebook and Discord. If you support us on Patreon, you get access Todo's Facebook and Discord communities, so please do so, and starting next month in May, not depending when you hear this, probably this month we are going to be returning well I will be not sure with you into our monthly zoom calls with our lovely top tier supporters on Patreon as well, so we want to get monthly chats with guy myself. You can support us on Patreon and chat to us on there. You can also get access to a bunch of exclusive podcasts we've discussed before. We've just launched Bob's Pods at Bobs Burger's Podcast, but also through Tales of fu Durama, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Signfould, and so much more so. Support us on Patreon for as little as just two dollars per month, you get access to a bunch of exclusive content. For five dollars, you get one hundred hours hundred plus hours content for five dollars to check it out, try it out for a month. Se if you like it for one hundred hours of free content, well it's not free. It's five dollars, but you know it's actually.
Speaker 4: Free, so close to free that you might as well just be not paying anything.
Speaker 2: And also, please continue to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify review do find this show. But for now, mister Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there. I guess this podcast was the proof