Speaker 1: We've got some exclusive news here at Katie Fang, a news channel about my lawsuit against Todd Blanch, the Attorney General of the United States, over the Epstein Files. I want to go through two filings that were just done late yesterday, and they kind of go together, but one is thirty eight pages and.
Speaker 2: One is four.
Speaker 1: Now your recall when we went to the status hearing last week Thursday, Judge Emmett Sullivan ordered us to submit proposed orders that addressed.
Speaker 2: Two specific issues.
Speaker 1: One the handwritten FBI interview notes of a woman who alleges that when she was thirteen years old, she was sexually abused and physically battered by convicted fellon Donald Trump. Two the proposed language that would be used in a sworn declaration to be signed by Todd Blanche concerning the redaction log that we argue is required to be produced and published pursue it to the Epstein Files Transparency Act. So we're going to break that up right now. We're going to walk through what we've submitted to the court before we do so, I want to.
Speaker 2: Note the following.
Speaker 1: What was an incredible outcome from that two hour status hearing last week is the judge didn't ask for what we call competing orders. A lot of times a judge will say, plaintiff, you submit an order, Defendant, you submit an order. They will be competing orders. And then the judge decides, maybe I like this, maybe I like that, and maybe puts together his own kind of Frankenstein of an order, if I may. In this instance, the judge didn't want to get anything from the Department of Justice slash Todd Lanche. He asked us, in my amazing legal team at Public Integrity Project, you know, I always want to give them credit because it is absolutely earned. And do Brendan Blow and Emily Gilman were in court with me and sam Ward Packard, who wasn't there but is also an amazing part of the legal team.
Speaker 2: You know, they have been doing great work.
Speaker 1: And so Judge Sullivan said, Miss Fang, your team submits these proposed orders, so let's.
Speaker 2: Walk through them now.
Speaker 1: So the four page document which appears on the docket is a proposed order, and so that's why you'll see the word proposed in front of the order. And as it is in federal court, you send this in and then the judge can either adopt it wholesale and agree with everything and sign it. Or the judge can make little slashes even like handwritten annotations no pun intended. Or he can draft his own and make some material changes. But either way, this is what the proposed order says. Todd Blanche shall, as in no choice, submit to the Court by no later than three pm Eastern on August twenty fifth, twenty twenty six. So for folks who don't have a calendar in front of you, that's next week Tuesday. You're hearing this on Friday, August twenty first. Next week Tuesday is the twenty fifth. So Todd Blanche shall submit to the court by no later than three pm Eastern on August twenty fifth, twenty twenty six. The underlying FBI interview notes that formed the basis for the FD three oh two interview reports bearing the following bait stamps numbers, and it lists those four to three O twos. Remember the three twos are the official reports that are generated by the FBI, and what are they predicated upon the handwritten interview notes that are done by an agent or agent's plural when they are conducting these interviews. What I have sought by way of my preliminary injunction, and what Judge Sullivan granted that I was allowed to receive are the unredacted interview notes were adacted only to PreTect victim confidentiality. Why do I say that, Well, the Epstein Files Transparency Act, as Judge Sullivan noted as well, does not have an exception for other redactions that the DOJ has attempted to do in this instance. So Blanche shall produce no later than three pm on August twenty fifth, twenty twenty six, the underlying handwritten FBI interview notes for the four to three to oh two's that were generated as a result of them interviewing this woman who claims when she was thirteen years old she was sexually assaulted and physically battered by convicted fallon Donald Trump. Now let's take a detour to the other filing that we did yesterday late. This is the thirty eight page filing. And you may say, holy crap, Katie, why is it so big? Well, the notice to the Court as it is entitled itself, is only two pages that I have attached exhibits, and those are the important thing. We obtained the full transcript from that hearing. It is a doozy it's worth reading, but I'm looking for it right now to show it to you. But anyway, the transcipt was important because we wanted to make sure that we were accurate about what Udge Sullivan said, how he ruled, and what he asked us to do. And in the course of that two hour status hearing, there was an inquiry that was made by Judge Sullivan to the DOJ lawyer who appeared that day, this Andrew block Guy. And it's a thirty eight page hearing transcript, and on page five, the judge starts with I want to focus on the FBI interview.
Speaker 2: Notes at this time, okay, And this is important, right, I said.
Speaker 1: It has to do with what the order is that we just sent into Judge Sullivan that we proposed the Judge Sullivan sign. Judge Sullivan then goes into the procedural history of how he granted the preliminary injunction ordered Blanche to produce the underlying FBI notes, and in response, Blanche said he didn't produce the notes for two reasons. One they's substantially similar to the Tye Britton reports, which were the three O twos, and two there's a risk of inavertent disclosure of victim information because the notes are hand written. So then Andrew Block, the lawyer for Blanche, says, this, your honor, to the point of that I will somewhat reiterate our briefing here, but the determination have been made that the handwritten notes were duplicative and materials already produced. Now, as I've explained to you last week after this hearing, there has never been an argument raised until that hearing by Todd Blanche that the interview notes, the handwritten ones are duplicative, meaning that they're identical to the three oz twos. That's physically impossible, it's literally not happening. Duplicative is different than substantially similar. Now Blanche has raised that as an excuse, but as Judge Sullivan noted, there is no exception in the Epstein Files Transparency Act for things that are quote substantially similar as grounds or excuses for not producing them to the public. And then Block conflates things and if you're not paying attention, there's a whole lot of word solid that goes on there, comes out of the doj and in that mumba jumbo they try to confuse in.
Speaker 2: That word salad.
Speaker 1: Block says, that someone reviewed a draft indictment and said there is no additional harm or risk of victim information doesn't make sense, right, because it's irrelevant. The draft indictment is different than the handwritten FBI notes. But Block was trying to play fast and loose, right, He's like, let me just bring this, let me do this word salad, and then let me talk about a draft indictment and let me talk about No, Sullivan wasn't buying it. This is what Sullivan said. So you have no additional information? Is that what you're saying? Block says, yeah, I think so, the court there must be some information. Block, well, I think again. It's to the court's point about Sullivan interrupts, how many pages of interview notes are we talking about? Block, I don't have that information, the court approximately, Block, I don't know what the volume of handwritten material underlying three twos is. Judge Sullivan says, have other handwritten notes been published? And this is where Andrew Block steps in it. To my knowledge, not with respect to the three zero twos. The court, so, what would the cause be? The defendant was directed to show cause why it should not be produced. What's the answer, Block says. The answer, your honor is that they are duplicative documents, and Sullivan says, well, that's what the defendant says.
Speaker 2: The court doesn't know that.
Speaker 1: All the court is looking for is a means by which the Court can conclude that what's been provided as evidence is indeed consistent with three or two reports.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: But just to take it at face value that the notes are substantially similar doesn't really address the court's responsibility. The court has to determine that that's correct. I'm just looking for a way to do that. And the mumba jumbo, I'm not entirely sure what your honor is looking for. Is there a specific direction? And the court responds, I'm just looking for cooperation. I'm just looking for evidence that supports the defendant's representations that indeed the handwritten notes are consistent with the three h two reports.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: And then the court goes on, I mean it's simple. I know these are difficult questions, but the court needs to have a time frame for getting that information. I'm willing to work with you. I'm willing to work with the parties both sides. All I need is proof that what the three or two reports say is actually true and consistent with the FBI notes.
Speaker 2: And then Bloc has no response. So what did we do well?
Speaker 1: As I said, a couple of minutes ago, Block misrepresented to the court that there have not been hand written interview notes produced reacted to the public that have been produced in conjunction.
Speaker 2: With FBI three oh two's. So what did we do well?
Speaker 1: We brought notice to the court and we said defendants Council is not correct in what he represented. Defendant has in fact produce handwritten FBI interview notes underlying the three to two reports, for example. And then we cite two Epstein files Transparency Act bait stamps attached as Exhibit B. These are handwritten notes underlying the three or two inter review interview report that's produced at a specific Epstein Foles Transparency Act bait stamp that is attached as Exhibits C. In addition, what we did too is we identified nearly one hundred additional examples of handwritten interview notes produced by the defendant Todd Blanche in Exhibit D. And then this is what we asked Judge Sullivan to do. Plaintiff Katie Fang respectfully requests that the Court consider whether defendants stated justification for withholding the handwritten FBI interview notes is consistent with defendant's production of other handwritten materials when when conducting it's in camera review of those notes. So, in other words, what we're asking Judge Sullivan to do is take notice from this filing where we gave him evidence that on prior occasions, Todd Blanche and the Trump DOJ produced hand written interview notes from an FBI agent redacted in some places.
Speaker 2: That correlated to give me a second, please.
Speaker 1: An FBI three oh two report redacted, and just in case Todd Blanch in the DOJ seems to forget the work that they purportedly did when they were doing this work, we provided the following five plus page list of examples of when handwritten notes have been produced by Blanche Slashed the Trump DOJ in compliance with the Epstein Foules Transparency Act. We're just reminding Judge Sullivan that when there's a will, there's a way, and Todd Blanche has done it before. So his lame ass excuse that it's duplicative or substantially similar, not only is it not recognized of the Epstein Files Transparency Act, but it's a crocod shit. And by the way, we all know too, it's not voluminous documents. It's what thirty something pages is what we know. So spare me, Spare me the drama, spare me the lies, spare me the bullshit. Blanche should turn them over, and he is because Judge Sullivan says you're gonna have to turn them over in camera, and we said by August twenty fifth, judge, and then the Judge's gonna look at them and be like, okay, just redact to the names of the victims.
Speaker 2: What's the issue here?
Speaker 1: I don't sleep well unless I have my cozy earth bamboo sheets guaranteed for you to have a comfortable night sleep. These sheets naturally wick away the heat and the moisture so your body feels cooler, helping you sleep those cooler temperatures. They help your body's temperature experience a natural drop at night, promoting the release of melatonin, a hormone that regulates your sleep. This means you're gonna fall asleep faster and your sleep quality improves. Discover how care and every detail transforms simple routines into moments of true comfort and ease. Had to come tho dot com and use my code fang phang for up to twenty percent off. That's code fang for up to twenty percent off. And if you get a post purchase survey, be sure to mention you heard about Cozy Earth right here. Experience the craft behind the comfort and make every day feel intentional.
Speaker 2: I think it's worthwhile doing a footnote here as well.
Speaker 1: I have seen they have been sent to me, I've read, I have looked at these leaked handwritten notes that have been put out on Reddit and on other places. I want to be clear the authenticity of those notes remains at issue. I am not comfortable putting my name behind them saying that this is what they are. Yeah, I guess I could have just said, look, this has been found. I'm not sure if they're authentic. I just don't know if that helps putting them into the ether by doing so. I would prefer to wait and actually get the handwritten notes from the DOJ that coincide with the three H two's that are specific to this thirteen year old girl and her allegations against Trump. This thirteen year old goal from South Carolina. I'd rather do that than make a big assumption when I'm not quite sure about the authentication of those documents, and so that is the reason why I haven't pushed them out and done anything with them. All Right, the rest of this proposed order, the four page thing that we did is giving information to the judge of what the declaration should be that assigned by Blanche, and that no later than September third, Blanche or a DOJ representative with personal knowledge of the facts has to submit a written declaration under penalties of perjury, setting forth the information of the process behind the redaction log. Now, the Epstein File Transparency Act requires two things to happen. One that a summary be produced that is given to Congress that says we withheld and redacted under these particular categories. However, there's also another part of the Epstein Files Transparent the Act that says that for every individual reaction that has been done, there has to be a log of it so that understandably people understand why and if they can challenge it, they should.
Speaker 2: So unless you're.
Speaker 1: Reacting stuff and withholding stuff you're not supposed to, you should be comfortable with creating, as the law requires a redaction log that explains this information to the American people.
Speaker 2: Blanches, he doesn't have to do it.
Speaker 1: So what we've said in our proposed order to the judge is for this sworn declaration under penalties of perjury, to explain if the Department of Justice has completed that redaction log for publication in the Federal Register, when was it done, whether it explains the individual reactions that are required, whether the Department has submitted it for publication yet, et cetera. If the Department has begun preparing that hasn't yet completed that redaction log, tell us when did you actually start, how many people are involved in doing it, what steps have been taked to prepare it, etc. And then, finally, if the DOJ has not even begun preparing that redaction log, provide a detailed explanation as to why why the DOJ hasn't begun preparing that redaction log, including but not limited to, whether the DOJ has made an affirmative decision not to do it, and if so, who was responsible for making that decision, so we know who'd blame for not complying with the law. This, my friends, is what Judge Sullivan ordered us to do, and that is what the transcript reflects.
Speaker 2: From that hearing.
Speaker 1: There are other issues that remain at large, including the fact that Blanche has blown through the deadline to answer and respond to my lawsuit, including some other things that deal with the foreign language translations. As you know, I'm very hell bent on getting those documents. These things are also being managed, but at this point we are complying with what Judge Sullivan ordered us to do, and that is what I have just walked you through. This is exclusive to you here at Case News. Please like and subscribe, and please share this episode far and wide and get other people to follow so that they understand what is happening in this suit. I like you want things to move faster. However, there are deadlines, rules, and other things that apply here that are kind of having to rain me in a little bit. But rest assured, I am doggedly pursuing this case to the best and the most of my ability, as are my lawyers, who are incredible and hardworking and they care.
Speaker 2: Be mad, be outrage, demand accountability.
Speaker 1: Leave a comment below this episode letting me know what you think about what is happening so far in this case.
Speaker 2: I'm off to rattle more. Katie Fang.
Speaker 1: Here we launched the Katifang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network, so we could bring you the latest and legal and political news straight no chaser. So if you're a fellow truthteller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together. Operation Metro Surge was a disaster for the Trump regime because it just lit a fire under the people.
Speaker 2: It gave them a purpose.
Speaker 1: It gave them a reason to want to step up and speak out over the atrocities that are be committed under the guise of immigration enforcement by this administration. Specifically, we witnessed the murders of Renanna Colegood and Alex pretty in broad daylight. But some things happened that didn't get as much attention, and yet they should. For example, there is a man who was shot in the leg by an ICE agent by the name of Christian Cashow. That's the name of the ICE agent, and the man who was shot was Julio's Sosa Salisse. Now it'd be bad enough that this ICE agent shot into a home, a residence when the door was closed. He shot through the closed door, striking mister Salise in the leg. And the bullet got lodged in a child's bedroom. Yes, there were children present, that.
Speaker 2: Would be bad enough.
Speaker 1: Oh but what is the icing on that proverbial shit cake. This Ice agent, Christian Castro, then lied to the FBI and claimed that he was under attack and fear for his life and that's why he ended up firing into the residents. Well, the truth came out, and after the truth came out, Christian Castro was appropriately indicted for four accounts of assault as well as one count of lying making a false report. Those charges brought by the Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty with the support of the Attorney General of Minnesota, Keith Allison. But that's not the end of the story. And arrest warrant was issued for this Ice agent, Christian Castro, who, of course, like spent the fuck out of Minnesota after he committed these crimes. And where do they find him h in Texas of course, probably on his way to the border. And now the Governor of Texas, Grid Abbott, refuses to sign the extradition paperwork so that he can be sent back to Minnesota to face the concert of his illegal actions. So the Minnesota Attorney General Keith Allison said, not on my watch. I'm suing suing the governor of Texas, Greg Abbott. I invited Attorney General Ellison to join me because I wanted to get into the details of this lawsuit. I also wanted to get an update on what's happening with the investigation into the murders of Renna Cole Good and Alex Pretty Take a listen. Joining me now is the Attorney General of Minnesota, Keith Ellison.
Speaker 2: General.
Speaker 1: I am impressed because you consistently not just walk that walk or I got that I can say I that they's wrong. You don't just talk the talk, you walk it right. This lawsuit is incredible number one, but number two, I mean, what's.
Speaker 2: Good for the goose is good for the gander.
Speaker 1: I mean, the rule of law requires that it be applied to everybody. And it looks to me like Governor Abbott thinks that he's just gonna pretend like he never got the extradition.
Speaker 3: Notice that's right. I mean, so we filed this way back in June and it's been sitting there for literally months. Usually Texas responds back to Minnesota within thirty days, and they do routinely and we respond back within like three days. When people are in Minnesota but they're being extraduted to other states, we respond within three days. So for him to wait until the eleventh hour and make us sue him is extraordinary. When you build yourself as some law and order guy, Well, the law and the order are that the Constitution says you got to sign the extradition warrant. You have no discretion. It's not a discretionary thing. It's not like if you feel like it or if you agree, nothing like that. It is Minnesota wants this guy. He's a fugitive in your state. He must be returned to Minnesota and face justice. And he has all of his rights in Minnesota, right to confrontation, right to counsel, right to be presumed innocent, all the rights. I make no claim that he's totally guilty. We think he's there's probable cause that he's guilty, which is why we charged him. But he has every right any defendant ever has. It's not up to mister Abbott to decide whether he wants to do it or not. He must do it. And he's failed in his duty and obligation, and he is selective about law and order, because when he wants to prosecute somebody, he does it, and when he doesn't, he skips it. So that's really why we have to file the lawsuit. And while this is going to come to a hit on the twenty fifth of August next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So a couple of things here.
Speaker 1: Number one, I want people to understand there is no gray area in the law when it comes to the extradition clause of the United States Constitution, the Federal Extradition Act, in Texas's own law.
Speaker 2: Governor Abbot doesn't have.
Speaker 1: As you say, the discretion to reject this extradition request from Governor Walls from Minnesota. And what's also important about what you just said is there's no presumptions of guilt here. It's bring him to the jurisdiction of Minnesota to face the charges that were filed against him in an indictment here in Minnesota, right, and let him go through the process here. But to me, it's harboring a fugitive at this point. If Governor Abbott does not abide by the law, that.
Speaker 3: Is exactly right. And if I made Katie you know so this let me just tell folks a little bit about this case. So this is during Operation Metro Search. Operation Metro Search, as you know because you came here, thank you, was the largest deployment of immigration agents at one place at one time in Minneso. And it happened at Minnesota. Minnesota is not even in the top half of destinations for immigration and yet they targeted our state. We can get into why later. The point is, mister Soso Solise was being chased by these individuals who are immigration agents. Them was a man named Christian Castro. Christian Castro shoots through a closed door, wounds mister social Salice in the back of his leg. Bullet goes through and through lodges in another part of the house. There are children in the house. Okay, so he's what he did was dramatically reckless. Anyway, what he doesn't know is that there's a CCTV camera showing all this. He then lies to the FBI and says, I was attacked with weapons. I was in fear of my life. Oh my goodness. And then mister Solice is charged with assaulting a federal officer. Then when the CCTV comes out, it's shown that everything Castro said was a ball faced lie and that he was never attacked. He shot through a closed door and uh, and he in the case, and mister social solice was charged with a crime. That case is dismissed with prejudice. We then charge Castro not only for assault, but for lying and filing a false police report, and we charged him. Then the extradition process begins. The federal government dismissed a criminal prosecution because Castro is a damn liar allegedly, and so you know, this is the this is the reality of the situation. And Ebbat says, I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the other thing that I want to kind of add to your factual recitation here, which is important. Christian Castro, as an ice agent is not somebody from Minnesota, right.
Speaker 2: So he comes in, He.
Speaker 1: Enters the borders of a state that has sovereignty to take care of its people and its citizens. He comes in as a part of an incredibly, in my humble opinion, illegal immigration operation, comes in physically harms, assaults citizens of Minnesota. And then isn't it such an interesting consciousness of guilt sign He's gone just like the people who murdered Alex pretty renaining.
Speaker 2: Hole good poof gone.
Speaker 1: Right, So these federal authorities, these federal agents, they again enter borders of sovereign states like Minnesota, commit crimes and.
Speaker 2: Then they're gone.
Speaker 1: And isn't it such a isn't it such a tell that they go to a place and then he's found in Texas.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: So there's an award issued for his arrest by the Henibon County DA Mary moriety regarding this case, and they find the Texas Rangers find him in Texas, which is very close to borders, right, that's a border state. And he's in custody right now in Texas. But I do think it's very interesting that this is what they do. They come into these states, they commit crimes, and they're like peace out and they don't stay because they know that something's up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very very concerning. And here's the other thing. You know, on the there's a statute in Texas which says we will hold him for ninety days. After that we might That's what I'm worried about, and so we've had to fight. We wrote three letters. Mary Moriarty, who you know, wrote a letter. I wrote a letter and said, here's the legal here's the law, and then he and then he has the warrant itself, and he's still not really, he's still not turning this guy over. He still has not signed the extradition warrant. There is no reason to believe anything other than he plans on trying to run out the clock, which is why we had to file the lawsuit. When we did, some people wonder, well, why did you wait? Well, the reason we waited is because we thought that he would honor the extradition warrant, just like they have before. He has signed extradition warrants for three times since Castro was arrested, and so he knows how to do it, you know, and it's a routine thing between states, but for political and performative reasons, he's blocking it. Can I add one more thing.
Speaker 2: Kadie here come highth sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he was asked by some reporters, why haven't you signed the Minnesota extra dish warrant? Yeah? And you know what he said, You know what he said right here?
Speaker 2: You go ahead tell him? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He said, oh, well, when they pay back all the money that Minnesota that was defrauded in Minnesota, then I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Texas governor says, what about what I mean, really what it's like? Since when are you as responsible for that? And that's a whole other Krocky, you know what about the fraud stuff. I mean, there is fraud, but it's definitely not of what these guys are talking about. Look, this ninety day window is really important because the window runs on August twenty six, and for people who are following along here, once that ninety days is up, the guy Christian Castro, who's currently being held by the sheriff.
Speaker 2: He will be released.
Speaker 1: And so what are you seeking from a court, Because I saw you filed in federal court in Texas and Division.
Speaker 2: So what are you asking the court to do?
Speaker 3: We're asking we have we have two things. One we're saying, don't release them to the sheriff. We want the court we want the judge to issue a court order to tell the the the sheriff not to release him. And we have a and our motion is to make the governors sign the warrant to release him too Minnesota. So if so, if that happens, they may appeal, they may not. If they don't, he's on his way back to Minnesota. If they do then that's going to be in the Fifth Circuit. That's why we need the court the jail to hold on to him. Then. Uh, if the Fifth Circuit rules, you know, upholds the District court judge, which we believe will rule in our favor, then he's coming back. If they don't, then we got to go to Supreme Court for an emergency red. So we're we've gained this thing out and I'm telling you this, mister Castro will face justice in Minnesota period. If somebody lets him out and they're not supposed to, I'm gonna we're gonna chase him to to Mexico. He's going to face justice. He is going to face justice. He might as well do it now. And let me just say this flight is consciousness of guilt and relevant from an evidentiary point of view, meaning that the jury may find out that you skid outled, you know, so if he follows the rules now, they won't. If he doesn't, they might.
Speaker 2: It's also relevant for people's bomb status too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Oh, and he has contexts in Mexico.
Speaker 1: He has I mean that the irony's abound there, right. He wants to run around and round up migrants and then he wants to flee to Mexico fall place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wants to. Yeah. It's so it's so disgusting, it's even hard to believe. But one day we're all gonna have great books to write, Katie, you know, because you can believe some of the stuff that is going down right nowadays.
Speaker 1: You know, General Alison, one of the things I wanted to speak with you about too is this. I mean there I have a huge investment emotionally in what happens to Minneapolis Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: It has become a home away from home for me. I know a lot of people want to know.
Speaker 1: You know, it's great because Minneapolis, or more accurately, Minnesota is the only state that is taking action against federal agents that are doing things to its citizens, right, And I do know people have been asking, yes, but what about because we always get the one about it, but what about Renana cole Good?
Speaker 2: What about Alex Pretty right?
Speaker 1: I know you and the District Attorney Moriarty are trying so hard to be able to get some cooperation from the Feds. You were able to get some evidence over it, but I know people are gonna want to know if if there's any updates or anything that you could possibly share without of course disclosing anything or violating privileges, but just maybe some information to let them know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say that we have received some cooperation. We've received more. We have more information that we had when they first told us no, and so we've received a lot, but we don't have it all yet and we're in the process of negotiating to get the rest of it now. In the meantime, we found a civil action to compel the federal government to give us the rest of the file, and so that is winding its way through the system. So we are working, I'm gonna tell you, Katie, and I want all your listeners to know we're working on this every day. We have a team, two teams, both the county attorney and the Attorney General teamed up working on this to get justice for Freddie and Good every day. So I don't want anybody to think we're not working hard. Just because you don't see it in the news doesn't mean we are not laboring with great effort every single day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is where I wanted to ask, because I know that that's what you're doing and oftentimes when it's not some marquee headline, A lot of people make assumptions that it's gone to the back burner. I mean, there is other work that you do tirelessly as the attorney general. But I do think it was important to ask because it's relevant. I mean, and then the bigger picture thing is this, right, I mean, at least you're doing something about it. I don't see any other states doing anything, and it's not because they don't have probably an interest in doing it. It's just as we're seeing here, you keep on hitting roadblocks that are created by either the federal administration or by Republican led states. I mean, to me, that is just an outrageous level of a disregard for the rule of law as well as just for just cooperation, right. I mean, there's going to come a day when they need your help, these other states. But you guys are not petty that way. You don't play petty partisan politics, as you noted Governor Wallace has signed extradition requests by Governor Abbott. You know, when you get a request for assistance or cooperation from other jurisdictions, even if they're quote red led.
Speaker 2: States, you do it. I mean, that's the way it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: That is exactly how it's supposed to be. And I will tell you that the law is very simple. If you commit a crime in a state and then flee to another state, the governor in the other states supposed to sign their rendition warrant to bring you back to face justice in the original state where the crime was committed. Simple as that you have all of your rights. Why they're the fact that the Abbott won't won't sign the warrant suggests to me that he doesn't believe that Castro was doing the right thing as he apparently believes he was. I mean, it is an extraordinary moment in American history. We will prevail, I have no doubt about it, but we want It's a sad moment that we're living in. Quite frankly, and U and An Abbot's response to the reporter about Minnesota fraud just really does prove that Republicans are trying to politicize a serious issue. That's what they're trying to do. They're trying to use an issue to get political leverage and that and that's pretty much it. But you know, Abbot's in a pretty self race himself tell Rico is looking good in Texas and so maybe this is some stunt that he thinks is going to help him generate energy in the base. I don't know that speculation on my part, but it's irrational, it's crazy, and it's unconstitutional.
Speaker 1: You know, before we part ways, it didn't want to ask you as a fellow lawyer and a fellow trial lawyer. You know, we're seeing number one, We're seeing outrageous statements from people that are saying things like Derek Chauvin should be should be pardoned and Derek Chauvin should be let out of prison. We're also seeing go at the same time, you know, a whole lot of people that are in positions of trust, like a federal law enforcement agent or you know, a United States attorney or an assistant US attorney. We're finding that they're.
Speaker 2: Getting in trouble, right, I mean, this is all coming to light.
Speaker 1: I mean, eventually it all comes to be transparent because people are doggedly still believing in the law and injustice. We're seeing that, you know, grand juries are either saying we won't return an indictment or we're finding out that there was misconduct by the prosecutors and security indictments. We're seeing that we're getting, you know, more and more information even in my lawsuit right for the Epstein files. Like I keep on pushing because I do believe that this is kind of a moment of recogning for bad lawyers. These are bad lawyers doing bad things. And so you know, Aviad should know better. You know he should know better. He's got an ag and Ken Paxson who should know better. Right, these people should be giving sage counsel as lawyers, but they're not because it serves a political purpose for them to turn a blind eye to the truth into the law.
Speaker 3: You are so spot on. I mean, one example is jan Pirou. Right now, there's no greater loyalist to Trump than Jean Piro. I mean she is, She is ten toes down with that guy. And yet and yet her she has an impulse of integrity where she says, you know, mister president, like a little one. You know, there's no case here, mister president. I cannot charge the guy for tampering with a reflecting pool. There's no evidence. And what does he do publicly reprimands her? You see what I'm saying. So now she has to ask yourself if she's gonna be still on staff, you know, and so Trump. The thing about Trump is that he's like, look, don't you obey the law. You obey me? And you got people who say yes or buss like Todd Blanch, and you got others who say no, I got a higher I got a higher set of loyalties than your personality. And these people are going to run a file of Trump. There's no way that they can get along with them. What didn't Pam BONDI do to get along with Trump? It doesn't matter. I have a theory.
Speaker 2: I have a theory.
Speaker 1: I think she was so bad at being bad that that's why she got canned. And that's why Todd Blanch is so good at being bad that you got rewarded for that.
Speaker 2: That's my fare.
Speaker 3: I think your theory is probably right. You know, she was bad at being bad and so far. I mean, but this guy, this is the same guy who goes to meet with Gleame Maxwell gives her a sweetheart deal in Texas, no less, and then stare and then you know. But I just want to say, as we wrap, thank you for your dogged pursuit of the truth in the Epstein matters. Thank you, my goodness. You know I'm going to tell you, Katie, one day, we're all going to look back and we're gonna know that there were people who stood up in this moment for the right ideals, and there were those who were who didn't, and you are among those who did what was right when it was hard.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Amen.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is every day we have a choice. Right we are either on the right side of history or we're not. And it doesn't make it easy for us, as you say, because we get assailed for the decisions that we make. But this is what we're supposed to do, and that's why I always appreciate the work you're doing. Attorney General Keith Els and thank you so much, and please share. Send my regards also to head it Pen County Attorney the District Attorney Mary Moriahy, who's also doggedly.
Speaker 2: In this fight with us. I really appreciate the work you're doing. Thank you so much. Thanks Katie Fang.
Speaker 1: Here we launched the Katie Fang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network, so we can bring you the latest in legal and political news straight no chaser so if you're a fellow truthteller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together