Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five r C Detalk Station, Happy Wednesday, the vacation and that's the way the news goes Yeah or doesn't, as the case may be, depending upon your perception of the top of the iron is right, Joe right, I was right here, Joe Trecker. Glad to see him in there where he belongs. The executive production booth. Jack Abden always loves seeing Jack's name on the rundown, and it happens every Wednesday of late the Trump's Biblical Cabinet. Wow, Jack Etherdan's going to be explaining himself at seven oh five on that one. Is there something biblical about Drum's cabinet? I don't know, but we'll see what Jack has to say about it. I always appreciate his thoughtful insights and commentary. Brilliant man he is. So it's just a wonderful, wonderful addition to have him on the fifty five Casey Morning Show. My feeling about it anyway, and Climont County Veteran Services joins the program at seven forty. Always have great things to pass along and information to pass along to veterans and the veteran families. Today at seven forty. We'll be doing just that. And I'm really not to discount Jack at the other day or the Climont County veterans, but I'm really looking forward to eight oh five Alex Chionta Filo. He'll be commenting on things political. Ohio did great, Hamilton County not so much. I'm guessing those are the words of Joe Strekker on the rundown, stating the obvious. I just think of my wife's reaction before I went to bed on election. I certainly not knowing what the outcome of of the vast majority of the election is going to be, but having pretty much all the Hamilton County races completely called by that point in seeing that Hamilton County has gone full on one hundred percent blue. We lost Hamilton County prosecutor powers, we didn't get Sheriff Jim Neal, and then go around all the other races. It is just over my lifetime. I had the conversation just yesterday with someone about that, how is it that Hamilton County has gotten so damn blue? And my thought was, I guess people just left. You know, our population increases, the world is a much bigger place now we've got a lot more people in it, you know, physically bigger, but at least in terms of number of people, and over time, people you know, expand move. They want to build a bigger house on a bigger lot. They go out of Hamilton County and take their money and their conservative politics with them. Congratulations Claremont County, Butler County and Warren County. Anyway, Alex will comment on that, but inside baseball, will he tell us who JD. Van's replacement will be? Does he have any insight on that? About the State House? Is that your question, Joe? All of them are yours? How about no, I'm just gonna answer your question that will they be constituent friendly? Will the cats in Columbus be herded? Will they get on the same page? And what, if anything, can we do in Hamilton County? Of course, going back to the initial overarching conversation topics with Alex Chirantifido again eightoh five for that, and then a really wild episode with Judge Edna Polatano his column three cheers for Hunter's pardon. Now you're gonna wonder why Judge and Polatona might be happy about the pardon, And I don't know these are happy about the partner. He's happy about the discussion that he hopes will spring from it. Are you're going to have to go hardcore constitutional conservatism. The limitations on the federal government that are in bold letters in the Constitution. But the power of the federal government has gotten so big in spite of the limitations that the Constitution places on the federal government. At one point, there were no federal level crimes, with the exception of treason and I one other one. But you know, the idea that there could be prosecutions, for example, income to failure to pay income taxes. When the founding fathers created the document of the Constitution, states would be doing that. And there was no, of course provision for paying income taxes, and the Constitution wasn'manted to allow for that. But this whole idea of federal government, you know, expansion and the creation of the FBI, and all of these federal crimes. In the judge's position, I think from a hardcore pure constitutional perspective, they're all extra constitutional. So it's one thing to you know, say, yeah, everybody else would have been prosecuted under the law. Hunter Biden's getting a free pass. He is of course he's being treated better than the rest of us would be because he's the President's son. President's got the power of the part, and who else enjoys that. Well, he's getting the benefit of it, and it's really hurting the Democrats politically. You and I be mad about it because you and I would be in the crossairs of some federal agency, the Department of Justice of the FBI. We would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We would have already probably been in jail right now. But behind all that, the judge's point being, the Constitution doesn't even allow for any of that, so more of a legal theoretical kind of thing, and of course judge tends to do that, so it makes this conversations interesting. So if you want to give me a call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T funds. Of course, case Hunter Biden's name is still all over the news and people are still reacting to it, and Democrats pulling their hair out over the whole thing because it made them all look like liars and idiots, and it took the wind out of their sales about being able to point to Donald Trump and say, oh, he thinks he's above the law. You know, you get the basic premise of it, But I thought this thing was particularly funny on a number of levels. Federal judge who was overseeing the Hunter Biden tax cases, had a bit of a rebuke of President Biden's claim issued or statements issued at the time he issued the pardon, the predicate for the pardon, the whole idea that he was treated unfairly. US District Judge Mark Scarze, Central District of California for keeping track q's President Biden, and what is described by Fox News as a scathing five page order of in the judge's words, rewriting history with the pardon and suggesting that the bread of the pardon granted to his son is unconstitutional. Speaking of things constitutional, maybe you we'll get the judge a comment on this. He wrote, quote, the Constitution provides the president with the broad authority to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, but nowhere does the Constitution give the president the authority to rewrite history. Soar as he went on reacting to the President's statement on his son's tax case.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: The President asserts that mister Biden was treated differently from others who were late in paying their taxes because of serious addictions. The implication that Biden was among those individuals who ultimately paid taxes due to the due to addiction untimely taxes, rather not ultimately he did ultimately pay them. But that's beside the point of course I was addicted. I didn't pay my taxes. I'm sorry. It was my drugs. The judgment, that's not true. According to the President, no reasonable person who looks at the facts that mister Biden's cases can reach any other conclusion than mister Biden was singled out only because he is the President's son. But two federal judges expressly rejected Biden's arguments that the government prosecuted mister Biden because of his famelia relation to the President and the president's own attorney general and Department of Justice personnel oversaw the investigation leading to the charge. In the President's estimation, this legion of federal civil sergeon servants, the undersigned included, meaning himself the judge, are unreasonable people. Judge said he would dispose of the case. He was he found fault with the way the pardon was issued. It was a technical thing. He has a hyperlink link that that allowed people to go over clicking on the link to see the wording of the pardon. And he said, and that's not satisfactory. It's got to be formally executed. And I will dismiss all this stuff once has been formally executed. But I fought one of the comical points on this, The judge wrote, subject to the following discussion, the Court assumes the pardon is effective and will dispose of the case, referencing the formality. The Supreme Court long has recognized that, notwithstanding its nearly unlimited nature, the pardon power extends only two past offenses. Close quote. Now, why do I find that funny? Because, first off, you know, we all joke about and in awe of and dismay over the reality that you know, he gave basically Hunter Biden a free pass for literally anything the guy did that represents a federal crime. Now he can't pardon him for state crime. So if you know Hunter Biden committed murder in the state of New York, it may have been you know, going back to Nepolitana's point about the seis scope and expansive nature of the federal government and the crimes under it. Murder, I guess, in certain circumstances actually can be found to be a federal crime. But if he committed murder in the state of New York, New York law would govern and the pardon wouldn't cover him. So, okay, five years ago he blew somebody away with his formally disposed of in a trash can near a high school handgun, then he can still go to jail for it. But I think the judge is a little skeptical that hunter Biden is going to Oh, here's upon keep his nose clean, noting that the pardon power extends only two passed offenses. So judge pointing out that a hunter, don't go back to your old ways because that piece of paper that saved your life and your neck while ruining the political careers of a lot of Democrats and taking the wind out of their sales. As Trump gets ready to be sworn into office next January, you could still be held accountable five sixteen fifty five care see the talk station five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Go the toon five fifty on eighteen T Funds got a comment, love to hear from me. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: They don't just want to control our healthcare live do.
Speaker 4: Control our children's buying through their education system. Loud.
Speaker 2: We have to fight to take America back and logo.
Speaker 5: You have the luxury of giving your opinion. It's just neighbors being neighborly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll agree with the whole heart Lake of course most of the time.
Speaker 3: Bring it back to what the founding fault is believes in. That's the individual whipping and the individual responsibility that goes with us.
Speaker 5: Fifty five PRC the Talk stations.
Speaker 1: Station five twenty on a Wednesday extra special Wednesday Listener Lunch Wednesday. Looking forward to that and I hope you are as well. Be a Price Hill Chili. Closing out the year, Bob Wetter, mister Wishtree himself is going to be there dressed as Santa Claus and strong encouragement for you to help out those in need by getting an ornament off one of the multitude of wish trees out there that are almost everywhere and you can ship it directly to the person in need of the group that's that hung the ornament up in need, I think you bring it back to wherever you pick up the ornament in the first place. Bob will give you all the details on that today. I just want to support the organization. Bob's been at this since nineteen eighty five. Just really a great thing he does every year. And as far as Listener Lunch goes, I did mention we're going to be a Price Hell Chili gonna go a new direction next year.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I know we have our favorite places to go and you know short on the list of course Priceal Chili, and Ron's Roost and Anderson Pub and Grow. And I'm not going to mention all my West Side places like Chandlers and anyway, folks who regularly tend Listener to Lunch know the pretty much the list. We're maybe going to maybe hitting some breweries next year. We're gonna start with High Green Brewery in January. That's on Winton Road. They got a really nice menu there. It looks like everything that it's going to have something for everybody in terms of the menu. And then back to Little Miami Brewery in Milford. I talked to Debbie, the woman who I sort of have on retention to shadow, to set up listener lunch. I said, maybe we can just, you know, once a month hit a new brewery. Lord knows there's no shortage of them. I said, first thing start with is that they have a at least reasonably comprehensive menu, and then we'll move on from there. So that's kind of the theory and the the idea behind it. We'll see how things shake out in twenty twenty five. Beyond that, I thought this was a little bit scary as Vva Ramaswammy and the Doge Department, looking for places to save money shut down. Ramaswammy wants to pull the plug on that battery plant over in Indiana. Of course, in order to make these batteries, you got to have the well rare earth minerals, right, the key ingredients for making these batteries, and sadly get the vast majority of that comes from China, so we directly support China's economy. Get a load of this. China just announced some restrictions banning certain specific rare earth minerals. So we have the Biden administration issuing new restrictions on China's semiconductor industry. They're calling it a tit for tat. Beijing announced an export ban on the following gallium, germanium, antimony, as well as other critical minerals with I would argue significant potential military implications for the United States. Bloomberg reporting on this one, saying that the Chinese Communist Ministry announced the new export controls yesterday morning, adding that tighter controls on graphite sales will also be seen, suggesting this ain't over yet. According to the statement, the US has generalized the concept of national security and politicized and weaponized econom trade and tech issues. It has abused export control measures and unreasonably restricted certain products. Are product exports to China? All true and with more to come if you think about what Trump's been saying, but you know, tariffs and export restrictions, et cetera. Now, Biden administration on Monday revealed broader restrictions on these artificial intelligence chips that can be delivered to China, prohibiting the sale of advanced chips to more than one hundred Chinese companies. In other words, the military and China is going to use them. We don't want to help the Chinese military with our cutting edge chips, Ergo, we're not going to send them there anymore. Commerce Secretary Go Riomando told reporters on over the weekend on Sunday, the move represented these strongest controls ever enacted by the US to degrade the PRC's ability to make the most advanced chips and that they're using in their military modernization. Said they. You know, they worked closely with experts and then history and allied countries to ensure that our actions protect national security while minimizing unintended commercial consequences. Well, maybe China isn't played by the commercial consequence rules, because of course, after that announcement was made, this announcement about the banning of these various rare earth minerals was announced. And here's where the fun part comes. China produces ninety four percent of the world's gallium eighty three percent of the germanium critical metals used in the production of semiconductors, LEDs, and transistors. Okay, and they had a breakdown here. I found this on Breitbart, the breakdown of rare earth materials used to make each go to Europe no longer necessary and ridiculously expensive f thirty five airplane. Nine hundred and twenty pounds in that one. You know, Arlely Burke DDG DASH fifty one looks like a destroyer of some sort. That's five two hundred pounds in one of those boats. And to cribbage, my submarine or friend in SSN with seven seventy four Virginia class submarine has nine thousand, two hundred pounds of rare earth ingredients going back to some of which China produces the vast majority of senior analysts at the consulting firm Trivia, a Trivium China guy named Joe Mazer, speaking with Bloomberg, said these export bands on critical minerals have been in the hopper for a long time and are intended as a warning. He said it's a clear signal of China's preparedness strike back more forcefully against the US economic pressure than it has in the past few years. Accord to data from the US Geological Survey, we here in the United States import about half our supply of gallium and germanium metals from right China. It's you know, they got you by the short ones, if you really think about it. We learned a lot of lessons in COVID nineteen and one of the biggest lessons I think we all learned is apparently we are just inextricably intertwined with I guess probably our biggest foe in the world, China. We get everything from him, including critical resources that may go into our pharmaceuticals. Five twenty six fifty five are seed de talk station. Local stories coming up. Feel free to call. I'd rather talk to you than do local stories, but we do with that Ana Stack is stupid coming up of you right back.
Speaker 5: As we embrace the end of an era.
Speaker 7: The outcome of this election is not just what we want to defeat.
Speaker 1: Does not mean we are defeated.
Speaker 5: There's plenty to celebrate this holiday season and it's dead.
Speaker 4: Hopefully this isn't the last time I call in feeling this good.
Speaker 2: I'm happy about everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's got a great game of people around him.
Speaker 2: I just want the man protected.
Speaker 4: I am so excited about the potential to changes.
Speaker 8: Government and the conversation's happening here.
Speaker 2: It's really exciting.
Speaker 5: On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: There as nine first winning we the forecast mostly cloudy and windy day today spotty showers shown up after seven pm. Today's nigh forty two down to eighteen overnight with a little bit of wintery snow mix and small dusting possible. Mostly sunny, breezy. Thursday high at twenty six feeling more like fifteen degrees. Uh Thursday night, pardon me, sixteen degrees with mostly clear skies and a sunning day on Friday high up thirty four twenty three degrees right now, but you by KCC talk station five thirty one Happy Wednesday probably one thirty seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk found five fifty on eighteen to t funds over the local story. A little over a year and a half after its debut, a safe Haven baby box, the one in Lovinon, was actually used to s render a baby girl, according to Lebanon Police. The box, located at the fire station on North Broadway, installed October of last year, the tenth one in Ohio. On Monday, Lebanon Police said the City of Lebanon Communications Center received an alarm from the box spent three point thirty in the afternoon. Police fire responded They found a baby girl had been surrendered, immediately taking it since a children's hospital and Warren County Children's Service officials were notified. Of course, these baby boxes installed by fire departments across the country, giving parents the option to safely and securely and anonymously surrender a newborn if they're unable to provide care. Under Ohio law, the baby box, known as a Newborn Safety Incubator, allows parents to anonymously surrender the newborn without facing any criminal charges. Once the baby is placed inside, the device locks and sends a series of alerts to first responders. Thank god. Since it's launched in twenty sixteen, thirty five babies have been surrendered nation and wide in these baby boxes. I guess not everyone can work in advance with an adoption agency, so certainly I feel very confident that those babies will find good homes down the road. Let's pray for that, don't speculate that. According to the Cincinnati Fire Department, of course, we all know about the Dan Carterbeard Bridge. They're in the process of fixing it. It's taking a little while. We all know it started with a fire beneath the bridge, burning and melting the girders, obviously negating any argument from the nine to eleven skeptics that fire started by airplane fuel could burn a building down. If you can light a well, some rubber in a playground on fire and bring a bridge down, we know we have a problem to question who started it, and that's where the rumors circular are circulating. We heard initially maybe it was a car fire, maybe it was a homeless encampment SINCINNTI Fire Department of statement yesterday. Sharing information too soon can compromise the integrity investigation by jeopardizing witness safety, alerting potential suspects, and revealing crucial strategies. For this reason, until the fire investigative unit has definitive reason to share, we will not be able to share anything. So WCPO attended the Cincinnati Climate, Environment and Infrastructure Committee meeting held last night Apparently that's held bi weekly, and they asked each member of the committee about the status of the fire investigation. Basically, each of the council members, Mick Owens, Mark Jeffries, and Jeff Cramerton, as well as Seth Walsh merely confirmed what the fire department said. We don't know and we're not going to speculate. Mark Jeffries said, you know. They asked if the fire department needs to share an update on where they are, which is I suppose a legitimate question. Can you just least get us something Jeffrey's response, I do. I asked the city manager recently when we're going to provide an update. I know that there we're working diligently to get to the bottom of it. I think will be helpful now, given it's a few weeks to just provide an update, even if it's work in progress, like, hey, we don't have all the answers, but here are the areas we're exploring, I think will be helpful to share an update, So I agree something anyway. Nonprofit bike share program Red Bike. They have enough funds to operate until April next year. Apparently there are still questions if it can well go beyond that astute observation. For all those folks that are going to be riding bikes in January, you can get a red bike, don't count on it when the warm weather shows up. Though. You should see Jeff's face right now. It's times like this I wish we had a camera on him. Well.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Red Bike apparently looking for long term funding commitments to continue operations past April, they stayed looking for a three year commitment from public partners. Mark Jefferies Council members that he's been working with a coalition of partners for the last eight months as he's confident that the deal will be reached for funding before April. Quote, we've had considerations with Northern Kentucky and the Metro. I think in the early part of the year we will have all the commitments. Red Bike's new financial structure proposal includes moneys from Metro, Northern Kentucky, the City of Cincinnati, and maybe corporate sponsors or tourist partnerships. Which reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday. Wasn't it just yesterday Joe Strekker with Todd Zenzer, fraud expert and accountant expert, doing an analysis of the CINCINNTI pension program. All the money seems to go to pet projects, and we'll just throw the Red Bike program, as cool as it may be, into one of the pet projects. The penn is so underfunded. We have a colossal, slow moving train wreck facing us in the City of Cincinnati. Not doing anything about that. Though, if you didn't get to hear Todd. I recommend strongly you check out that podcast fifty five k SEE dot com. I'll be right back with the stack of stupid. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 5: This is what's happening.
Speaker 1: Martial law in South Korea.
Speaker 4: Opposition party accused of sympathizing.
Speaker 2: With North Korea.
Speaker 1: Stay Current said he wrestled with us father the one had done the same thing.
Speaker 5: Check in throughout today.
Speaker 1: They should not put any part of Ukraine and Nytell.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC the talk station. If you're a business.
Speaker 1: Owner, here's your nine first one to wether forecast today mostly Flatti Wendy and a high forty two. Spotty showers shown up after dinnertime. That's seven, overnight low of eighteen degrees, maybe some dusting of snow. Sunny and breezy tomorrow, the high twenty six feeling more like fifteen. Overnight low sixteen and a sunny Friday high thirty four. It's twenty three right now. It's on for first traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: U SEE Health Weight Boss Center offers comprehensive ob city care and advanced surgical expertise. CAUP five one three, nine nine two two sixty three. That's nine nine two sixty three. Clean slate on the highways early on this Wednesday morning, No rex to deal with, no overnight work crewis in your way? Inbound seventy four and do we just fine? Coming down the hill from North Bend, chuck Ingram on fifty five k R see thee talk station.
Speaker 2: By forty one.
Speaker 1: If you fIF KRCD talk station. Hope you have an happy Wednesday. Hope see you pray sill chilly for listener. Launch a judge trecker curbage, Mike, just send me an instant message on facebooks. Why can't red bikes be free like the street car? I know, I said, That's exactly what Joe said. Joe had written out of the top of the article. Just make it free. Yeah, all we need to do is red peel the laws of physics and we don't have to worry about friction and things like that. Blah, stacker stupid. Now you can call if you won. You know, I go. I say I'd rather talk to the listeners. But here we go, and wow, this is pretty amazing to me. Several top veteran affairs official in Tennessee had to resign following an internal investigation as well as a broader congressional probe into alleged sexual misconduct. Credit to Breitbart for reporting on this one, congressional investigators discovered that one single guy who resigned, whose name they did not say out loud, but sources familiar say was I say it was bargaining, was a bargaining unit biomedical employee. One guy had dozens of sexual relationships with women who worked at the Mountain Home VA Medical Center in Tennessee. Investigation and investigators told Breitbart this one guy slept with no fewer than thirty two different women who worked at this one medical center, and the man had several of the women and bragged about their exploits, heading insult to injury on an online group forum on a government communication portal that VA officials used to communicate about veteran healthcare and facility operations. Apparently, what's more, sources familiar with the congressional investigation said the uncovered than an orgy of at least twelve officials who worked at the facility took place. At this point, not clear whether it happened on government I know, on government property at the VA facility or an off site orgy. But well, I guess the point that being that a dozen government workers all got together, all employed in the same place. At least two of the employees of the facility admitted to having sex on the grounds of the VA hospital. The senior Congressional aid familiar with the facts of the ongoing investigation, speaking with Breke bart quote, the fact that the culture would even allow this to happen in the first place is absolutely wild, and it all starts at the top, so it threatens to upend the closing days of the outgoing to Democrat President Joe Biden's administration. Couldn't go senior officials like VA Secretary Dennis McDonagh, I don't know. In addition to the biomedical employee, the guy who investigators said had sex with again thirty two different women, several other officials have also resigned, and the as the investigations have gotten in have intensified. The director of the Mountain Home facility also resigned, and at least two other employees there have resigned thirty two and one facility. Let's just say they have rather loose moral standards, wouldn't you. I'm not here to cast argue. I'm here to cast judgment. But wow, what about all the other people that work there? Do they do you think they feel left out that they weren't included in the whole mix. I don't know. By forty five, if you five cacity talk station UH QC kinetics, you got pain, joint pain, hit pain, back pain. You've been living with it for a while. You've been to your doctor like nine thousand times, you got your steroid injections UH, and got pain pills, and now you have a surgeon talking with you about your surgical options. You know you don't have to go down that road. You feel better this year coming up. QC kinetics patients are able to get up and down out of bed, go up and downstairs without pain. They feel normal again. This could be you try twenty twenty five as a way of looking forward with positivity and saying goodbye to show older knee, hip and back pain. QC kinetics medical professionals are waiting for you with treatments that occur in the office and without any downtime. They have these advanced protocols in regenerative medicine that have helped tens of thousands of people with lasting relief. So no more steroid shots and me not going under the knife would certainly consider that an option if I was getting ready to go into the knife. That's what QC kinetics use are the healing properties of your own body to attack the root cause of your pain, revitalizing your joint. C can move again. It's future of medicine. Can also use your HSA and FSA dollars for this consultation. Initial one is free and if it's not right for you, they'll tell you, so give it a shot. Call them up, schedule appointment for the free consultations. QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 5: This Christmas, Glenn Beck is giving.
Speaker 1: It is better to give than received information inside your I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, no, it's not, where's my stuff.
Speaker 1: When you receive, you gain something, you get a gift, you'll be receiving it.
Speaker 5: The opposite is true, and we know it this morning after Brian.
Speaker 1: Giving brings deep and abiding sense of fulfillment.
Speaker 5: It's weird, you feel better on fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 1: Station, Hey bb instead, Hey, it's five fifty to fifty five KRCD talk station, Happy Wednesday Listener, Lunch pricele Chili five one two three to fifty five cars dot Com. You try hard media app when you're over there listening. If you care anything at all about the city of Cincinnati, it does have broader implications than just within the city limits. Listen todds ens Or yesterday here on the fifty five krc Morning Show, crazy stuff regarding that pension plan and negligence on the part of our elected officials over a period of decades. Anyway, the stack is stupid. Apparently Raising Caine's dipping sauce really high on just Wreckords list of thumbs up, so much so that he said this maybe justified this stack of stupid article. Who can argue with that. Last Friday afternoon, thirty one year old woman arrested for strong arm robbery after she became a hostile both verbically and physically. That's in the arrest report after fast food workers did not include eight eight raising cane dipping sauce containers in her pickup order. What, according to the court reports, Mackenzie neil A Keeling rather picked up her grub from a Raising Caine's restaurant in Clearwater. Later discovering that she was missing eight packs of Caine's sauce, she went back to the restaurant spoke to the female manager who provided the achilling with the dipping sauce. However, the manager, Tatiana Herbert, declined her request that she provided with extra sauces in return for, in the woman's words, wasting her time in gasoline. So, after being denied the sauce, Keeling became what was described as hostile, both verbally and physically, began yelling at the eatery, disturbing staff and customers, and during this tirade, Kling shot out of her shot out her right hand with force, hitting Herbert in the in one of her legs, and then she then allegedly tried to tear off the victim's keys and Kine's ID from a lanyard attached to Herbert's belt. Police pointed out the victim was in fear and noted that a couple of raising Kine's employees were there to witness the whole thing, and the whole thing was captured on close circuit television footage. No kidding, just killing. Arrested and booked into the County Jail, from which she was released on a twenty five hundred dollars bond. Her lawyer entered it not plea on her behalf, presumably to give him enough time to negotiate a settlement agreement. And it's pointed out here, an extra one point five ounce container of Cain's dipping sauce, beloved by executive producer Joe Strecker, costs thirty nine cents. So these things aren't free, and you should have no expectation that you should be given eight of them with your one order of whatever Cain's product you bought. How's that we go to Western Connecticut, a multi million dollar mansion destroyed by a fire happened on Thanksgiving. Western Fire Department responded to the fire three forty PM. Said the callers initially described the incident as a garage fire, but when the firefighters got there, apparently the fire had rapidly extended to the home. And I'm staring at a picture of it and I would say, yeah, it's completely engulfed in flames. They tried what they called an aggressive fire attack. Anyway, the dangerous fire conditions were overwhelming, and the entire home burned down multi million dollar home.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Apparently, in addition to that problem, a vehicle drove over the water supply hose on the road. Fire officials said that damaged the line and completely stopped the flow of water for several minutes, and at that point firefighters defensive operations were initiated and personnel remained unseen for more than sixteen hours. Cord to the Western Fire Department statement, the cause of the fire remains under investigation by the Western Fire Marshal. However, based on the preliminary investigation, it appears the fire began in the garage and was the result of deep frying a turkey. Idiots doing idiot things because there idiots home. Yet a stute observation, just tracker who pointed out they could figure out that this multi million it's actually three point eight million dollar home burned to the ground, but because of a turkey fire, they can't figure out what burned down the Dan Beard Bridge. Legitimate point. Let's see here, Florida man, let's stay in Florida. Mom there allegedly stole several items from Target using what they call a bar code trick, police said, though she posted incriminating evidence on her popular tictok account that ultimately alerted authorities to her crimes and leading to her arrest twenty three years yep. Marlena VELAs twenty two hosts a TikTok page posting more than three hundred and fifty six thousand followers that receives millions of views. Don't know why. Her Marlena Villas account features mom content with her two small children and also highlights products. Cape Coral Police Department accused they're stealing hundreds of dollars in merchandise from a Target store commenced. The caper commenced October thirtieth when the loss prevention team over at Target Cape Coral caught a woman using the self checkout register without scanning the product's actual bar codes. Instead, she allegedly scanned a fake bar code, of course, with cheaper prices and a press release, police said sixteen nights miscellanious household goods clothing were stolen. Total losses stolen items valued at five hundred dollars and thirty two cents. They verified this with Target security cameras. They shared video screenshots shots of her on social media pages and asked the public to help identify her as she was unknown to police, but of course, because she's not unknown on TikTok, officers ultimately found her TikTok account, which documents her getting ready on October thirtieth in the same outfit and glasses going to target.
Speaker 2: Marlee, you're stupid now shot.
Speaker 1: Marlena documents herself picking out items inside the store and placing them in her car after exiting the store. That TikTok post appears to have been deleted social media account, but police downloaded the incriminating video before it was scrubbed from her age five fifty six afty five car CD talk station plenty coming up at the six o'clock hour. I would enjoy hearing from you. If you want to call, feel free. If not, I'm on my own. I understand that, But a lot of interesting things to go over in the six clock hour. And then fast forward to seven oh five with Jack Atherton Trump's Biblical Cabinet. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Your voice, thank you for taking my call, your country.
Speaker 6: Thanks refreshing.
Speaker 9: Can hear it every day?
Speaker 5: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 4: Trump's victory doesn't mean our.
Speaker 1: Sectivity five car CD talk station, It's Wednesday special Wednesday, the final listener at lunch Wednesday of counter year twenty twenty four, and that's going to take place today at Price wal ChIL. You hope you can make it. It should be a good time and always enjoy those listener lunches. Time for some fellowship and some fun. Continuing the holiday spirit, we'll call it our Christmas listener lunch, which we do obviously in years past has been a little closer to Christmas, but since we implemented the first Wednesday of the month policy with notable exceptions like the January listener once, which I think is going to take place on the eighth, so be like the second Wednesday of the month could give him the holidays and New Year's Day and all that. But we'll get the details on that down the road. In any event, though, pryceill chilly today about eleven thirty. You can show up whenever you feel like it. We'll say our I heard media Christmas party today. I know Joe Strekker's looking forward to that again, another time at which I wish the listeners could see the look on Joe Strekker's face. Clairemont Caddy Veterans, It's coming up in one hour, go ahead and do the rundown for folks just tuning in, and thank you for tuning in. Jack Aviden, we get to hear from Jack the brilliance of Jack advidon uh Trump's biblical Cabinet. That's the title of his subject matter today. I'm really looking forward to how Jack shakes that out. But he's always brilliant though. It's fun to listen to Jack. Seven Clarmont County Veteran Services returns to talk about well veteran services. Alex Charantifilo coming up with two hours. We're looking forward to having Alex on the program. Ohio Republican Party chairman he is, we'll get the inside baseball. Does he know anything about who jd. Vance's replacement is going to be? If he does, will he tell us State House?
Speaker 2: Just J.
Speaker 1: Ecker wants to know, will they be constituent friendly? Will someone be able to herd the cats that are the Republican Party here in the state of Ohio in Columbus? And what if anything can be done about Hamilton County. Obviously we've shifted completely blue. Is there any way to bring the flag back in Hamilton County? I don't know. I don't know if Alex knows, but we're going to tap his intellect for that. In the eight o'clock hour, and of course, Judge Ennen of Polatano with an interesting take on Hunter Biden's pardon, moving away from whether or not it was right or wrong, regardless of the politics of it. The politano thinks that it's extra constitutional the crimes that he has and he was accused of committing, like, for example, the Second Amendment, the right to keep him bare arms shall not be infringe. Well, why is it then that you have to fill out an FFL form to acquire a firearm? At least in some cases, of course, you buy one from your neighbor. You don't have to do that. That's the gun show loophole that so many Democrats want to get rid of. But if, as the judge argues, the federal government and the constitutional you know, the original Constitution and as the country was founded, the republic that we are, which limits expressly the powers of the federal government to certain specific defined areas which do not include all include the thousands and thousands of federal crimes on the books. So yeah, Hunter Biden is guilty of the charges. He agreed that he was guilty. He admitted the lying on his income taxes, and he of course was found guilty of the firearms charge. If the underlying crimes are not constitutional, it's something to think about. It's food for thought. We'll be going to law school with Judge of Poloton at eight thirty to talk about that on a theoretical level. And I think at the end of the column that I that I'm thankful to get early. If history is a guide, my hopes, along with those of Thomas Jefferson, are illusory. No, I don't think the federal government is going to get rid of its criminal code. I'd love to hear from you. For got a comment five one three seven fifty, eight hundred and eight two three taco with Tom five fifty on eighteen and t found And back over to Hunter Biden's and still the hot topic going on in the world today. We call that topic a I guess in radio that's what they call it anyway, speaking because they did all the behind the scenes research. The whistleblowers Joseph Ziegler and Gary Shapeley defending themselves in an opinion piece Hunter Biden's Pardon your tax dollars at work? Ordinary Americans are held accountable when they defraud the irs, not the president's son, stating the obvious. So we got this whole series of events leading up to the pardon of Hunter Biden. And as they point out, these Disney narrative shifts happened because of the two of us blew the whistle and exposed the preferential treatment the Biden Justice Department gave to a powerful political family. Our story never changed because we told the truth. Going back to the reasons, President Biden articulated for issuing the pardon of his poor son, who was picked on by evil forces in the government. That sounds familiar. They say President Biden's pardon is an insult to every honest, tax paying American. He claimed that his own Justice department unfairly targeted his son. On the contrary, we the irs investigators, produced mountains of evidence and testified under oath about the machinations his Justice Department, including mister Weiss, used to shield the Biden family from a thorough investigation of alleged corruption in Ukraine, Romania and China. Those of us who remember, these are the guys that wanted to interview him. These are the guys that were told they couldn't interview them. These are the guys that were victims of the slow walking of the investigation which caused the statute limitations to run out on all these behind the scenes criminal activity and probably FARO violations. As they point out that this year jury found Hunter Biden guilty of federal gun charges in Delaware, and he pleaded guilty to wilful. He emphasized that word wilful tax felonies in California. President's letter falsely suggests that his son was merely late in filing and paying his taxes because of serious addictions. He wrote that in such cases, when back taxes are paid with penalties and interests, they are often resolved without criminal penalties. But his son was treated different differently. That's malarkey, they wrote, of course, not even bailed reference to Joe Biden's favorite word. The American people need to know, and the President's letter omits that Hunter Biden admitted to intentional felony tax evasion, criminal charges for which ordinary Americans are held accountable every day. Hunter Biden admitted that he filed false tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service knowingly and willfully while sober false deductions taken on his tax return contradicted statements he made in his memoir, which he wrote while sober. These false deductions included things like sex club membership, luxury vehicle rentals, and house rentals for his then girlfriend. Ordinary Americans that be you and me or routine held accountable for that kind of tax fraudmund Hunter Biden will escape accountability because his father is president, and Joe Biden's letter doesn't mention that his broad pardon also absolves his son of any other crime in the past decade that the Justice Department didn't fully investigate. A public filing in August, Special Council Weiss's office allegs that Hunter Biden quote agreed to attempt to influence US public policy he was quote on behalf of a Romanian businessman, but didn't charge Hunter with a violation of the Foreign Agent's Relation Registration Act. I'm not sure if those charges have a statute limitations, folks, But because they had the evidence that would support a Foreign Agent Registration Act a charge that could certainly be pursued by the Trump administration, that's obviously something that Joe Biden wanted to get ahead of the dishonesty that has infected the Washington political class must stop, they write, And the bureaucrats and the Justice Department and IRS who have abused their power and acted unethically ought to be held accountable. Yeah, don't hold your breath for that. I'm still waiting for Lois Learner to be held accountable for the actions that she committed und to the Obama administration. Not gonna happen, they write. The concert retaliation against us as whistleblowers should cease, and those responsibles should be held to account. Nonprofit efforts such as Defendwhistleblowers dot Com are helping. Without serious reform and major changes in personnel and policies, something like this will happen again. We the irs, investigator whistleblowers, will keep our oathes as sworn federal law enforcement officers, stand up for fair and equal treatment of every taxpayer and speak out against improper politization of the Justice Department, which of course was the point of their letter to the American people. Rules for thee, not for me. And the Democrats are getting angrier and angrier as they view the wasteland before them. In the aftermath of Joe Barton and Joe Biden's pardon of his criminal son, taking the wind out of their sales about Trump and what he might do in the future. Coming to a six sixteen fifty five KRCD talk station, great time to mention doctor Fred Pack. I saw a Facebook post was a couple of weeks ago. I hate to someone who said they just absolutely hate going to the dentists. I'm like, are you kidding me? I love going to the dentists. Come out of there feeling your teeth are all fresh and clean. You know, hopefully you get a really good bill of health. And I love seeing doctor Fred Peck. He's just a terrific guy that most state of the art office you're ever going to go into a dentistry generally speaking, but specifically cosmetic industry is his true passion. He is a credited fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Cream of the Crop. I think there's only fifty of them in the world. There's only three of them in the state of Ohio, along with doctor Meghan Freu. She is amazing in terms of keeping you comfortable and making you feel at ease. If you're one of those folks that doesn't like seeing the dentists. Apparently she is the queen of that doctor Meghan Freu working on her way to accreditation. That means the emerging years and years of experience with doctor Fresh, with her fresh perspectives and the latest techniques to craft a stunning smile makeover. Yes, no problem, You're in the best possible hands for cosmetic dentistry. But in terms of general dentistry as well, and if you need sedation dentistry and that kind of thing, they do it. It is a full service, exceptional dental clinic and you'll love all the folks that all work that are working there. Treat you like family. So here's the number. Five one three sixty two one seventy six sixty six. Five one three sixty one seventy six sixty six. You can find out more online at pack that's pec k peck smiles dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. It's Christmas.
Speaker 1: Six one. Happy Wednesday to you five two to three Talk fifty on the AT and T phones. Let's go to the phone see what Jay's got this morning. Hey Jay, thanks for calling today and Happy Wednesday to you, sir.
Speaker 6: Happy Wednesday, Brian, Hey, I want to tell you that I really enjoyed the Todd Zenzer segment yesterday. I'm glad and I enjoyed it from from getting uh informed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're because you're not a resident, Because you're not a resident of the city, are you?
Speaker 3: I am not.
Speaker 6: And when I heard that what the city? You know, not being a resident of the city means, I don't get the vote on the mirror, I don't get the vote on the city council, I don't get any of the handouts.
Speaker 2: That continuously go on.
Speaker 6: And what I did, and I would encourage all your listeners to do the same, those of us who live outside of the big city limits of Cleveland and Sense and Columbus.
Speaker 2: I sent an email to my state.
Speaker 6: Senator Steve Wilson and encourage him to get on your program and send a preemptive message to Cincinnati first, and then go to Cleveland and Columbus and tell them that we are not going to entertain the idea of taking the pension issue that was created in Cincinnati and put that on the backs of the rest of Ohioans who live outside of the city limits.
Speaker 1: Ay Man, Jay Kid, that was my biggest question for Todd is is opers even if they even get down to a level that'll make it a viable option. That would I think that the payoff half of the debt, which is like down four hundred million, they got an eight hundred and fifty do million dollar hole or something like that. It would have to get down to four hundred million for OPAHS to even consider it. Why in the hell would the state of ote I would agree to take on the ridiculous this pension lie build it in the city of Cincinnati, ignored and underfunded for decades. It's insanity.
Speaker 6: I love you, I especially with the super majority of Republicans in Columbus, and I put this at the seat of the voters of Cincinnati, who have now turned every single seat, every city council member, every mayor, and every big city I'll get. Well, go beyond Cincinnati. I think I learned this on your program. Every city council member, every mayor, and every big city in Ohio is Democrat. So people inside the city limits to continue to.
Speaker 2: Vote this way, this is your problem. I don't get to vote, I.
Speaker 6: Don't get the weigh in on it. So therefore, why should.
Speaker 2: I, as a a a.
Speaker 6: Small business owner have to try to absorb this along with everything else. And so I would encourage everybody reach out to your politicians.
Speaker 2: And by the way, keep Alicia.
Speaker 6: Reese, I think city council member who's constantly talking about how she needs how we need to get up to Columbus to make sure that we get our half a billion dollars to pay in the stadium, because the Cleveland Browns are, you know, beating us to the trough while they're at at Columbus. Tell them we're not in the business to supporting private enterprise so quick, So don't think about coming up here looking for your football tax.
Speaker 2: We're not going to pay it.
Speaker 6: And keep your bad decisions inside the city limits. You guys have to clean this up, and people of Cincinnati need to vote better.
Speaker 1: No vote Democrats A jay and I think again going back to the question was raised yesterday and what the hell happened to Hamilton County? How did it get so ployed? Well, this is the kind of thing over time, anybody with a measure of common sense, it doesn't realize it doesn't want to have to deal with these outstanding obligations and knows full well that the taxes are going to going to have to go up to fill these holes that they still want. All this stuff and things that Cincinnati government things they can provide to them. He's just going to pack up your bags. You're going to move to Claremont County, or Warren County, or Butler County, or may even head across the river to the beautiful state Commonwealth of Kentucky. I'm glad you're doing that, Jay, and I hope you inspired other listeners to do exactly the same. Because if I'm in Columbus as an elected official and the city as society comes to me with hat and hands saying we're really gonna have a big problem here, I was like, you know, where did this start? I mean, how many years has this hole been getting bigger and bigger? How many years do you continue to throw taxpayer dollars at new stuff and things. Oh, I see that you built a streetcar on debt. It's got five million dollars a year of maintenance and upkeep charges, and oh you call it free and you call it a success. You had to sell the railroad because you refuse to take care of the roads and infrastructure that you were responsible for. Since the moment in time they were built or constructed, you let them fall apart part every year, the number of miles of roads you're supposed to repair never gets addressed. And that problem just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger, to the point where you have to sell the most valuable money generating asset in the city of Cincinnati owns. I'd call this a problem of your own making. I got two words for you, and it ain't Happy Birthday, Goodbye, go back to Cincinnati. Well, that is if I was an eelected official in Columbus six twenty six fifty five care CD talk station, Chimneycare, fireplace in stove. Find them online at Chimneycare co dot com and learn about all the services they provide. And it just is on and on and on. Chimney fireplace installation, maintenance, repairs, gas fireplace service and repair. Pellet stove. Yes, those may need to be repaired as well. You got chimney sweeping by certified chimney Sweeps. They do cap and damper replacement, they do water proofing, They deal with chimney leaks. You may have a chimney leak and not even know it. That's why it's important to have an inspection. Even for folks with gas fireplaces. I know, well there's not going to be any creosap building up in there, but you got issues with carbon monoxide properventing, and there's that water problem. They'll relign your chimney if necessary. They do it all and they have a wonderful showroom chock full of wood burning stoves, hellett stoves, gas stoves, inserts, as well as literally everything else, accessories and the like uh log sets, for example, for folks with those gas fireplaces like I've got. I love the insert I got from the Chimneycare fireplace and stove, and I needed it because the inspection looking out for my own safety, my family safety. My house could have burned to the ground under the old unit I had, so out went the old in the noon. We've been loving it ever since. A plus the Better Business Bureau. Have them clean your dryer event out as well. Call for an appointment. Please tell Brian said Hi five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred again online Chimneycareco dot com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Your morning cup of Sean.
Speaker 1: Here's your Channel nine first morning. While the forecast got mostly cloudy, windy day today after seven pm, chance of showers high a forty two down to eighteen overnight at wintery mix and maybe some snow slight dusting. Tomorrow's high twenty six is gonna feel more like fifteen degrees because of the breezy conditions. But we will get sun clear of a night down to sixteen and on a on Friday, the sunny day with a higher thirty four twenty five degrees. Right now, time for traffic from the U see Holt Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: You see how White Moss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced starts to co expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three clear the reck. I spend two seventy five near Reed Hartman back to a clean slate for a moment. On the highways, there's no delays northbound seventy five or northbound fourth seventy one coming into town. Inbound seventy four looks good too. At Montana Chuck Ingram Moon fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one fifty five care and see the talk station. Don't forget I think about casy dot com. Appreciate Jay bringing up that. I mentioned it several times this morning, and normally I don't over and over and over remind you about specific podcasts. But Todd Zenzer did a brilliant analysis of that pension problem situation going on in downtown Cincinnati. And you know, there they are off chasing pet projects left and right. You know, hey, the pension problem keeps getting worse worse every year. We're paying out of principle, we're losing money, the investments not getting the rate of return that we thought it was going to get. Problem keeps getting worse. They keep ignoring it. It's one of the things he brought up is I can't remember which council person wanted to for the taxpayers of the cities Cincinnati to pay for installing. Was it stained glass windows in Avondale?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: Isn't that what he said? Joe can't remember something like that, but it was stained glass windows for homes. Okay, you know, I love stained glass windows. I don't expect somebody else to pay for them. But any event, just one minor of you know, brightened, shiny object that they want to chase the check and that allows me to segue nicely over to this thing we were making fun of in the last hour, The Red Bike. I'm described as a nonprofit red bike share program. You may have seen those downtown if you borrow the bike and you know it's motorized and you con cruise around. They do have enough fund to operate until April, but according to Daniel Goodman and Rowan reporting the for WCPO, there are questions about whether it's going to last beyond April. Props to Joe Strecker for observing that probably very few people are going to want ride around on a red bike when it's seventeen degrees out, but ignore that reality. Red Bike looking for long term funding commitments to continue operations past April. They say they're looking for three year commitments from public partners. Mark Jefferies, counselman, said he's been working with a coalition of folks over the last eight months. He says he's confident that a deal can be reached for funding, saying we've had conversations with in Northern Kentucky and Metro I think early part of the year we'll have all the commitments. Read my new financial structure proposal includes money from Metro Northern Kentucky, the City of Cincinnati meaning taxpayers, and maybe corporate sponsors. And if corporate sponsors step up to the plate want to do that, put their little logo on the red bite. I am all about doing it that way. Bike share requires subsidies for all users. Consultants analyze that a fair box only covers thirty seven percent of overall costs per ride, and the Go program requires further subsidies to lower the cost. And again going back to the high comedy props the just tracker again, just make it free, with props to Cribbage Mic for making the same comment. You know, like the street car. If you make it free, then it doesn't cost anybody anything. Not how that works. Since a fire department refuses to say what happened yet in terms of how the Big Mac Bridge aka Dan Daniel Carter Beard Bridge caught fire, they say sharing information to soon can compromise the integrity of the investigation by jeopardizing witness safety, alerting political our potential suspects, and revealing critical strategies. For this reason, until the fire investigative unit has definitive reason to share. We will not be able to share anything, so we're not going to get any updates. Channel nine followed up with the Cincinnti Climate Environment Infrastructure Committee, which held its meeting last night. Several council people were there, Mika Owens, Mark Jeffries, Jeff Cameronon and others, and each of them was asked do you know anything, and all of them, looking back at the Cincinni Fire Department statement said no, we don't know anything, but we'd like to get some information. So keep your popcorn out, folks. Someday we may find out. Six thirty five. If you see the talk station, feel free to call. Got more cost stories to talk about, including if you think we got a bad here in the city of Cincinnati, Holy cow, residents of the City of Chicago getting a little bit angry, and they're all Democrats too. But before that, plumbing done right, plumb tight plumbing, and count of my friends with plumb tight to do the right work for you residential plumbing needs from northern Kentucky all the way to Dayton. They do well, I mean well better than well because their customer service is fantastic every customer. They are treated with truly exceptional customer experience. You can accomplish, They accomplish what they delivered to you. Excellent plumbing. It's because it's the highest quality products, services, and customer relations in the industry. Reason they enjoy an A plus with a better business. Vereau got a whole bunch of comments from my listeners about how great the Plump type plumbers treated their home and how great the plumbing work was done, and the price always fair and ethical. They'll never try to say you anything.
Speaker 2: You do not need.
Speaker 1: They live by their motto and that is plumbing done right. So give them a call five one three two to us five on three seven two seven Tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency service. You got that as well Online find out more information, schedule appointment right there and learn about all the services they offer. It's plumtight dot Com fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 4: At you man our Medicare advantage plans.
Speaker 1: Give you cup so forty here for your five KRCD talk station. Happy Wednesday listener once Wednesday price soll jelly up to see you there, so let me stick around for another twenty minutes. At the top of the our name is Jack. Addit in Trump's biblical cabinet. Will be fascinated about the topic of his conversation. Always enjoy heaving Jack the brilliant Jack Advident on the program. We do that every Wednesday at seven oh five. Glad to see today is no different than the norm. Uh fast forward one hour from now, we get the Claimont County Veteran Services back in study to talk about well veteran services and some updates and things that are available from my veteran friends in the audience. Alex Trout Tofilo. At eight h five, we will talk inside Baseball on JD Vance's replacement. Will Alex reveal anything about who the replacement might be? Has someone been chosen yet that we don't know about it? How about the State House? A think got to be a constituent friendly question from us, Trecker. I'm gonna go know on that one in advance and we'll see what he has to say about that. And can we do anything about Hamilton County? Is it a lost cause getting Hamilton County to get more conservative? And I say the answers no. Judge of Poltano also at eight thirty, I say the answer is no, it can be done. You can turn things around. And I think you saw that with the presidential election. Who thought Donald Trump was gonna win. None of the Democrats. I mean, we had eight constant years, if not more, of just constant badgering, prosecutions, law fair, demonization. The whole mainstream media is always one hundred percent against him. He couldn't walk outside his front door about getting criticized for how he ran outside his front door. Racist, misogynist, Nazi came out, the Nazi thing, the threat to democracy, which of course they're well, they don't have that argument anymore given Joe Biden's parting of Hunter Biden. But the left wing policies in democrats cities that unfolded during the period of time over Joe Biden's presidency, the defunding the police, lack lives matter protests, just this absolute you know, the decriminalization of things. And of course California has been living with that for a little bit longer than just the Biden administration. But the effects are literally being felt, and none of the effects are positive ones. I mean, going back to Todd Zenser's comments about the financial state of the City of Cincinnati, how you can't get rid of the pension obligation. I'm sorry. What you have done is pet project yourself and failure failed to do your jobs. Roads have fallen apart, Bridges are falling apart. The stuff you're supposed to take care of, you well pushed to the side in favor of this organization funding that organization. You know the fill in the blank. You probably have your own favorite list. Mine happens to be number one. The streetcar, but we all know that. But another Democrat city, Chicago, you may have heard of it. Mayor Brandon Johnson, Democrat among a city overwhelmingly Democrat. I live there. I know how bad it is to be a conservative individual in Chicago. He's getting airfral from his own people, which makes sense. Democrats fighting back against Democrat policies, most notably Chicago's New Arrivals Mission, which of course relates to illegal immigrants, Sanctuary City declaration, and everything that goes with it, food, clothing, houses, housing, shelter, education, etc. So far has cost the city five hundred and seventy four and a half million dollars since August of twenty two, and the mayor is now trying to overcome a one billion with a B budget shortfall by the end of the year. The solution a sixty million dollar property tax increase, and of course the residents there that probably voted for mayor of Brandon Johnson are not real happy about it. And I watched some video from this open hearing they had the other day on this and they are mad as hell. One woman, I got a great way we can do with this budget. First, let's start with cutting off illegals getting free everything, free housing, free schooling, free food. Yeah, let's start with that. That'll save us a lot of money. Let's start there. And let's start with you. Your salary. You're going down in history, is the worst mayor in America. Let's start with cutting yours. You make too much money. It's a cheap shot. But Rah, one of the residents, said that she is an immigrant who came to the United States legally, and that she, in her words, very very embarrassed for what my other fellow Latin American citizens are doing in this city. On behalf of the people that work, on behalf of the people that pay taxes, on behalf of the people that can contribute to the city. Said, I like to make clear that not everyone's the same. These people came with a wide door open, and they feel entitled to many things that nobody has. There are US citizens suffering from poverty, there are US citizens on public aid, and these people are here just enjoying the benefits becoming delinquents and they have no consequences. One guy said, after asking for mayor's undivided attention. So this just proves to you the lack of leadership that you show in this city. You can't even give me straight eye contact. Now I'm going to let you know now, the people of Chicago, we're done with you. The new Arrivals program, he said in April, was to provide short term emergency shelter to manage the humanitarian crisis, while making long term investments in the city's capacity to handle future challenges related to displacement and emerging migration patterns. In other words, this ain't over. This flood of illegals is going to continue to come into this country. Oh but maybe a presidential watch had something to do with stopping the flow. Maybe, just maybe, if Donald Trump can bring about a closed border and can solve the problem of at least the criminal immigrants. I do not believe as I sit here today and I will not believe that there is going to be such a thing as mass deportation. That's a label. The Left is stuck on this because they're going to talk just get the humanitarian crisis mass deportation. This is like rounding up the Japanese and putting them in internment camps. You can hear the rhetoric right now. But if you start with the criminals, if you start with the known convicted, bind through process, people who are out on the street committing crimes, Immigrants who have come here and let allow to be stayed, like in sanctuary cities where they have committed crimes, that have been through the system, prosecuted or maybe even released back out on bail or no bail. You got them demonstrallly having committed a crime. Start there, and it's to be one of those now who can argue with that kind of things. Start from the premise that they're here illegally, that you have the right to deport them. Let us put them at the front of the hearings because they've committed crimes, proving themselves to be well a danger to the citizenry. This is something someone in elected capacity has an obligation to do. Uphold the laws of the United States of America protect us from threats both foreign and domestic. That kind of stuff welcome to well, threats domestic people who have no legal right to be in our country, committing felonies and killing people and raping children in traffic children if you know where they are and you have them dead to right, or they have been convicted of something like that is the other side, the left or whoever supports this unmitigated, unflowed, unregulated flow of humanity into our country. Are they going to try to argue that they shouldn't be deported. There aren't enough seats at the trough right now, and I don't believe you can accomplish getting every single human being who qualifies as an illegal entrant into our country out of our country. It will be chaos. It would take decades. So let's just start with the hardened criminals. Let's start with the known gang members. Let's start with well, the people on the terrorists watch list. Let's start with maybe trying to use some of those efforts like the efforts they engaged in for the January sixth rioters. They spend tens of millions of dollars of taxpayer money, if not hundreds of millions, searching for that one old lady that they saw on video that they haven't been able to find yet. Well, i'll tell you what, you got two million known god aways. You don't know who they are. They could be members of terrorist organizations. Why don't you start trying to look for them in the same way you started looking for the old lady that was at the Capitol building on the January sixth. Just suggesting it, but you got really really pissed off residents in Chicago, same thing in New York. If you've ever looked at any of these meetings, they're not happy. And they're the ones that elected these clowns into office. They're the ones that decided they wanted to be a sanctuary city, and now seeing the aftermath and experiencing the pain and anguish and seeing their taxpayer dollars go someplace that they shouldn't be going, seeing their schools being overwhelmed by people who do not speak English and therefore soak up the resources for children who are supposed to be. They're learning the basics of well building blocks of an education, reading, writing, arithmetic, that kind of thing, so they can move forward and maybe be successful in life. Those resources being all soaked up by a bunch of children that don't speak English. I mean, the list is endless, the problems are endless, and the expenses are outrageous. Again, Chicago alone five hundred and seventy five million dollars since twenty two one city. Check the numbers in New York if you want to be truly appalled, six P fifty fifty five kc DE talk station. And speaking of numbers, how about the number on your energy bill? Yes, it keeps getting bigger, keeps going up. I can help you lower it. I've been telling people for almost eighteen full years, and my dad before me. Call us insulation for a free insulation inspection. You may have some in the exterior walls of your home. They started putting it in in the mid seventies. I use my daughter's an illustration for regular listeners. You know what's coming. They had R twelve R twelve and it was from the late nineteen seventies, and it doesn't work as well. From an insulation standpoint. Over time that pink starts deteriorating. That's the fiberglass you got, But it doesn't matter. You can put your USA's foam in there with it, and it's the highest R value foam in the market. It's going to guarantee you immediate increase in comfort, a noticeable improvement and comfort. And every month you're using it the HVAC system, you'll save a heapload of money. Savings guaranteed from USA, so much so that it may cover the monthly payment, which is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. That's right. They brought back that. I call that the best special because that's eminently affordable, and for what the value you get out of this product, it is the right thing to do. And you probably reach the same conclusions. So many listeners of mine have that, gosh, darn it, I just wish I'd done this sooner. So save money every single month, get the immediate comfort the USA provides product made right here in Ohio, thousands and thousands of homes, and get an energy tax credit of twelve hundred dollars next year when you're doing your taxes three eight one three six two six. It's a free inspection and free quote five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam online. You'll find up at us Installation dot net.
Speaker 5: Fifty five R Mike.
Speaker 1: Tyson's during recovery.
Speaker 10: It's seven o five. All right, Happy Wednesday listener, once Wednesday at see priest Chili. Wednesdays at this time means and thank god, it means the brilliant. Jack Addaden returns to the program to offer his commentary renaissance man, lawyer, anchorman, author, historian, raconteur. Welcome back, Jack Adaden. It's great to have you on the fifty five KRC Morning Show again.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 9: Happy holidays, Brian, Joe, all of our friends and neighbors. We're now well into advent, the preparation for Christmas. You already have your tree, of.
Speaker 1: Course, although we're missing a string of lights. You know, every year, Jack, and we went through this again, literally every year we buy brand new lights to replace the ones that, for whatever magical reason, decide to die over the storage period of the summer. You put the damn tree up and you find out, you know, half your light strings don't work. So we have a half lit tree. Got to go out today. Probably should have done it yesterday. But yeah, the tree is up. It's just not finished yet. Damn those lights really really anger me. They have like an internal self destruct mechanism. It's just part of the joy of the season. Oh that's joy.
Speaker 9: This here, Honika, by the way, coincides with Christmas, and all of that got me thinking about something I hope people won't find blasphemous. Is Donald Trump try to assemble a biblical cabinet?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: Wait, I am in no way equitting Trump with God, the Father or the Son. And since he escaped assassination twice, he's not a ghost, but God's partners. We're not all obvious choices, and neither are President Trump's. For instance, when God picked Moses to leave the Jews at a bondage in Egypt, Moses himself said, Lord, you got the wrong guy. He pleaded, I am slow of speech and tongue, and he had other issues. Moses was quick to lose his temper, as when he caught the ungrateful Israelites worshiping a golden calf. Where's you're Moses?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's when Moses smashed the tablets that God gave him that contained the Ten Commandments your tone. For all of that, the Israelites had to wander around the desert for forty years. So even if he looked like Charlton Heston, Moses was not which you would call central casting to be a leader. Neither were the New Testament Disciples Brian Brian. Jesus did not choose any temple scholars, no generals. Yes, Herod had generals, Jesus gave them a pass. He instead chose nobody who would be considered experience much less distinguished. Jesus set out to save the world with a few fishermen, alongside a tax collector, a thief, and a zealot, what today we'd call a fanatic. Jesus was not looking for men and women who could work smoothly with the Jerusalem establishment, because he wanted to establish an entirely new way of thinking and acting. The religious member of my family, Aimesley, always gave the fish eye to the disciples, and yes that as a religious pun. Fish was the first Christian symbol. Because when the going got rough and Jesus was arrested, the disciples headed for the hills. Peter, the future rock of the church, even denied Jesus three times, the really brave ones were women, as my wife never tires of reminding me. Yet, once the disciples grew backbones, they were willing to be martyred, and they weren't seeking riches or advancement. They weren't looking for some revolving door. They believed fervently in their cause. Contrary to what the establishment media says, Donald Trump is not looking for knee jerk disciples. At one point, his vice president JD. Vance of Middletown denied Trump pretty vividly. Another heretic, Elon Musk Trump, but didn't hesitate to reach out to him. He is not only a visionary but also a patriot. More than anybody. His ex platform is preserving the foundation of our freedom, free speech, and now Elon and Cincinnati's own Vivek Ramaswami will help shrink government to assize that's fit for free citizens, not dictatorship. Trump's cabinet is not devoid of experience. Soon to be treachery Secretary Scott Bessant is one of the most respected masterminds on Wall Street. By the way, Besson happens to be gay, but unlike Biden's Transportation Secretary Pete Buddha Judge Bessen was not picked because he's gay. Besson to unlike paternity leave, Pete is actually qualified to do his job or take incoming borders.
Speaker 1: Are Tom Homan.
Speaker 9: He's going to build on his previous work with Ice to secure our borders and to port vicious criminals, drug dealers, and human traffickers who were waved in by Biden and Harris. Those illegals have been beefing up blue congressional districts from California to New York, from which Democrats have fled. Yes, folks, the census counts illegals, including illegals who should have been deported years ago. One point four million of these serious criminals have already had hearings and are now sitting in detention facilities, eating three squares a day, waiting to.
Speaker 2: Be to it.
Speaker 9: Yet Biden and Harris have let them stay at taxpayer expense. Now we have to admit some other Trump nominees appear to be more problematic. The biggest surprise was Trump's original choice for Attorney General, Florida Congressman Matt Gays. But look, even Jesus made one bad pick. Although many believed Judas was meant to fulfill biblical prophecy, and maybe Trump had a plan too. Matt Gates denies accusations that he had sex with the teenager Trump, who has been the target of damnable lies starting with Hillary's fake Russia dossier. Trump believed Matt Gates because even Biden's Justice Department refused to prosecute him. And now we'll have to see how things shake out with Pete Hegseth. But in any event, Brian Trump now has the nominee he probably should have picked in the first place.
Speaker 2: For Justice.
Speaker 9: Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi scans of experience, and anybody who's heard Pam on Fox for years knows she will fight like a zealot against political lawfare at Justice, including the FBI, which Cash Bettel will cleanse the way Moses melted down the Golden Calf and Jesus turned out the Temple money changers. In short, Donald Trump knows that the whole Washington establishment, the corrupt globalist in too many cases, bipartisan Washington establishment needs to come to Jesus moment. The elites don't care about ordinary American people, which is why ordinary people like us, the extraordinary people, maybe not like us, who work hard, raise families, and celebrate this holiday season for all the right reasons. Trump knows we the people need a different kind of elite. And in the season of hope, I pray this new religious cabinet consume, get down to work.
Speaker 1: I wondered how you were going to work all that in I saw the headliner the caption Trump's Biblical Cabinet. I was kind of joking around all morning. I have no idea which way Jack's going to go with this one. I didn't know either. I like it, just I hope for the best.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: You always do a great job bring things full circle. That's why you're so brilliant man. Now, let me you know.
Speaker 9: There was one other thing I wanted to mention. Unless you want to touch on this, and I know you've been hitting hard as well as you should. This Hunter Biden clemency from a devoted father. That's a croc. I haven't seen enough comment about this, so maybe I'm wrong. I think that's sitting around the Thanksgiving table with a Hunter Biden sentencing now, I think eleven days away, everybody is worried that Hunter is going to rat on the big guy and the whole Biden family in order to make some money selling the book and going on TV. There is still a chance after Biden leaves office, Hunter will do that because he'll always be hard up, and I think he's passed the golden period of his artwork. But yeah, there was absolutely nothing benevolent about this. The way that Biden has treated his children driven them in large measure to drug dependency and a lot of other poor behavior. Look at the Trump kids, every single one of them. They've all turned out to be sterling citizens. Joe Biden had to give this pardon to save himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose that there is something in that. And of course, you, being a lawyer, you understand this as well that since Hunter Biden has been forgiven and given a free pass for literally any federal crime he had committed over the past decade plus, he no longer can claim the right, or the Fifth Amendment right to be free of self incrimination, because on any issue that crops up criminally that he has facts involving, he could be called as a material witness and be forced to testify, even if it would have been against his criminal interest. Without the pardon, So that's gone and he then becomes a rather interesting target for depositions.
Speaker 9: So if he rants, if he rats Brian, I think he's going to want to be paid for it. But yes, your point is well taken.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going to love this quote. I read this. A federal judge was the dismissal of the tax case issue, and he first saw found that it was lacked the appropriate form, So there's a technical issue before he dismisses the case. But he had a few things to say about it, and he initially pointed out, you know, constitution does give him broad authority to grant reprieve, but it does not give him the authority to rewrite history. And so he gave him a tongue lashing about that no reasonable person look at the facts and they could reach any of the consideration that Biden was singled out orly because he's the president's son. And then the judge says, hey, but two federal judges expressly rejected Biden's agreements. Hunters arguments that the government persecuted and prosecuted him because of his famil relations with the president, and the president's own attorney general and Apartment of Justice personnel oversaw the investigation which led to the charges and the President's at estimation this legion of federal civil surgeons, the unservants, the undersigned, included the judge, are unreasonable people. So yeah, that whole contingency in cadre of folks that worked under the Biden administrations, all the one that brought these charges against them. But this is the part you're going to get a kick out of. To your point that he may want to sell his information or for his own personal benefit or otherwise, you know, rat them all out, he said. Subject to the following this discussion, the Court assumes the pardon is effective and we'll dispose of the case. The Supreme Court long is recognized that notwithstanding its nearly unlimited nature, here you get to the punchline. The pardon power extends only to past offenses. I think that was kind of a shot over the bowel that he expects Hunter Biden to go back and start engaging in criminal conduct after at some future date. So pardon only applies to things in the past. And real quick before you go, you mentioned hope at the end of your monologue.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: I'm optimistic and maybe overly so, and I keep looking for someone perhaps with a greater sense of logic and reason to burst my bubble or at least support my hope for this musk rama swimy doge Department. They're not paid officials. They exist outside of the government. They're going to basically sit in a room, unpaid, go through the books and try to cut everything. Now, I'm optimistic. I don't know that what they are going to present and hand over to Congress by way of recommendations for consolidations or cuds or whatever, I don't know if that's going to be embraced by everybody. But what this is going to do and why I'm finding my hope, is that it's going to educate the American people on both sides of the political ledger about who the people are that want to protect these ridiculous vested interests in taxpayer dollars and political boondoggles. It's already started with regard to the Inflation Reduction Act, that nonsensical Green New Deal, and you've already got Republican governors and Republican representatives from states who get a lot of ethanol money and carbon capture money. They're saying no, no, no, no, we're we're we're gonna make a lot of tax payer money on that. We really need those programs. See it started already.
Speaker 9: Well, that's always the greatest problem. We have it right here, Mike Turner up the street. As far as Vivek and Elon go, it's no slight to them to say that what they really are as advisors. There's there's a long tradition of that. FDR had a man named named Bernard Baruch, Woodrow Wilson had General House. Every president has advisors, and that doesn't mean that they're not immensely powerful. And depending on the quality of the recommendations that those who come up with, and I think they're going to be sterling too, there's going to be a big change in the direction of this government.
Speaker 1: I hope so. And at minimum we're going to learn who the bad actors are on both sides of the equation. Because if it's something that is there's so much fraud, waste, and abuse, I think every effort along those lines to ferret it out is a great idea. And you'll see as of today quite a few Democrats are actually saying, yeah, this is a good idea. Now they want to, you know, support this doge concept because they want to protect their turf in a lot of ways, and by supporting it, maybe they'll be able to control what is and isn't cut. But that's where the sausage is made, and that's what I'm looking forward to, finding out who the people are. Jackie.
Speaker 9: Let me alert people to one thing. Yeah, that you're going to be hearing that the DOGE recommendations will be expensive because we're going to have to give severance pay of people and retraining. Now there's already a commitment to that, but those are one time payments. Yes, what we are living with goes on to eternity. To get back to the biblical side.
Speaker 1: It sure does get a little theology lesson couple with politics, so Jack added, and you'll find a podcast at five cars dot com. Jack until next Wednesday. God bless you sir, Thanks for being on the program every week, and my best of love and health to both you and your better half you too well. Take care seven twenty right now, fifty five car see the talk station. Emory Federal Credit Union always a better way to bank it. Emory Federal Credit Union been banking there for a long long time, and I can compare it every single day to the big banks that I have in account at. Yeah, just kind of disperse my uh my holdings around. But banking with Emery is superior. The rates are great always, and right now it's holiday time. Call it a holiday loan, call it a personal loan. Say maybe spend the money on whatever makes you happy. But in the final analysis, if you remember you get a personal loan, it's one point eighty five percent off. They're already wonderful interest rate. So take the advantage of this one point eighty five percent discount, get yourself that holiday and to learn more, there are restrictions that apply. You can check out Emory Federal Credit Union Bang branch or apply online. Just go to EMORYFCU dot org for all the details and also about the benefits of banking with Emery EMORYFCU dot org. Hurry up. The offer ends at the end of this year December thirty first I mentioned restrictions do apply as they always do. Enemallest number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender. Fifty five thirty Happy Wednesday listener LUN's Wednesday Price Hill Chili last one of the years celebratory mood. We are going to be and I know Santa Claus is going to show up aka Bob letter from the wish Tree. There'll be a wish tree there at price still Chili, and I'm strongly encourage my listeners to help those on life margins by grabbing an ornament off of the wish tree and purchasing whatever it is on the ornament. They'll take care of it for you. Great operation.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm very proud of the I think this is the fortieth year for that. In any event, we get to the talk about County Veteran Services Steve Belzo in studio to talk about some things they got going on for my veteran friends, local stories, and this is you know, actually it's a wonderful thing. It's sad on so many levels, but fortunately we have what are called now safe Haven baby box and the one in Lebanon was just used to safely surrender a baby girl. Webanon Police said. This is a year and a half after it was installed. Boxes located at the fire station on North Broadway installed of October last year, the tenth safe Haven baby box in the state. Lebanon Police say Monday the City of Lebanon Communications Center received an alarm from the box about three thirty in the afternoon. Police and fires showed up, finding a baby girl had been surrendered. Theyby immediately taken to since sint Children's Hospital and Warren County Children's Services officials were notified. These boxes are being installed in fire departments across the country, thus allowing parents the option to safely and securely as well as anonymously surrender in newborn if they are unable to provide care for it. Under Ohio's safe Haven Law, baby Box allows parents to again anonymously surrender newborn without any criminal charges related to it. Once the baby's inside the box, it locks itself and then sends a series of alerts to first responders. And since safe Haven's launch in twenty sixteen, thirty five babies have been surrendered nationwide. That's according to their website. So one wife saved and going back and please, please, please, if you care about finances and you want to know what politicians are capable of doing by way of destruction in terms of budgetary realities. Todd Zinzer on the program yesterday talking without the City of Cincinnati and the Pension problems that they face which are seemingly insurmountable. And one of the things that he was joking about, sort of half joking, is just the reality. And Westside Jim Keefer told me it was council member Kearney whose idea was for the city to pay for stained glass windows. I believe it was in Avondale. And this is after Todd and I'd been talking about the six hundred and nearly seven hundred billion dollars a million dollar hole in the pensions program which has been just ignored largely for the past several decades. With that, I pivot over to the Red Bike program. Nonprofit Red Bike. They just announced they have enough funds for you to ride a red bike all winter long up until April of next year, but then they don't they have any money after that. They're looking for what they describe as long term funding commitment so they can continue operation past April when the weather gets warm enough to ride a bike. Council Member Mark Jefferies said he's been working with a coalition it would be partners over several months and said he's confident a deal is going to be reached with funding before April, including funding from vriety different sources going back to budgetary problems facing the city. They say money from Metro Northern Kentucky, the City of Cincinnati, and maybe some corporate sponsors or tourist partnerships. The latter two I embrace all day long. You can get a corporate sponsor, make it work fine, that's less taxpayer dollars to go for that program. Bike Share requires subsidies for all users. Props to WCPO Danielle Goodman and Andrew Rowan for the reporting on this. Consultants analyze that the fair box only covers thirty seven percent of the overall cost of the bike per ride. The Go program requires further subsidy for lower cost so the new plan spreads the investment across multiple stakeholders. It's a comment from a counsulman, Jefferies and said it's a very sensible plan. Bike Share Program board voted to shut red Bike down per in March because of funding issues that arose after it's lost a major sponsor. Executive director Doug mcclinty previously told WCPO that would have taken well over a quarter of a million dollars to really make sure that we're not having to close things down, but multiple organizations across creators SINCINNY have pledged to fund the Red Bike program. They have four hundred and fifty thousand dollars totally pledged. I guess ridership down this year versus last, but its Go pass program has seen a steady increase in popularity, at least according to Red Bike. It's a five dollar monthly membership for low income customers compared to full fare thirty dollars monthly memberships. And again that go program requires further subsidies to keep the cost down. So we'll see if they can't find the money for that program. So at thirty six, if you have Kesee talk station, we're gonna learn some things from Carmack County Veteran Services. Steve Belzo in studio to talk about that. And I always enjoy Heaven of Studio helping up my veteran friends. And I always enjoy recommending every one of my listeners to Fast and Pro Roofing. They are wonderful folks at Fast and Pro that take wonderful care of you. Because they start out with honesty. You're never going to get lied to by the professionals at Fast and Pro. They don't need to. They're going to give you a free roof assessment. They'll get up on top of your roof, look at everything top to bottom, make sure there's no problems. If there are problems, they're going to let you know about it. They're going to give you a fair price and quote to have the work done. And if you say you want work done, it's not a repair issue. It's like I want to replace that ugly siding with some hardyboard like Thomas did, yes the roof. The work they do is great. Lots of exterior projects beyond roofs, but in terms of roofing, if you have to have a shingle roof replace, they'll automatically upgrade you to the fifty years Certainty Landmark Pro fifty years Shingle. If you want to get a metal roof in Louisville shingle roof, they can do that for you too, and check out that beautiful metal roof. They show the before and after and the work in progress on their website. They do really really really great custom work like copper work and other metal work, box scudders, hand riveted and soldered gutter guards you name it. It's Fastened Pro Roofing, probably serving the greater Cincinnati area for more than two decades since nineteen ninety nine. Telling Brian said, how many call you? Of course enjoining a plus with a better business bureau. And if Eric comes over to get to your roof inspection, you can go ahead and give him full up and down assessment. He is now my future son in law. Congratulations to Lauren and Eric. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five online fastenproroofing.
Speaker 5: Dot com fifty five krc.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's the snee and for the past six years.
Speaker 1: Here it's time for the nine first Ony weather forecast. It's going to be mostly cindy, windy day to day, a high forty two, got showers showing up after seven pm, giving us a wintery mix overnight, so maybe light snow, maybe even a dusting on the ground. Eighteen of FA the low tomorrow's high twenty six with sunny skies, the breezey conditions of making him feel more like fifteen sixteen degrees overnight with clear skies and a high thirty four Friday with sunny skies Right now twenty sixth in time.
Speaker 4: For traffic from the UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: UC Healthway Boss Center offers comprehensive obig city care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Heavy traffic on the highways now northbound four seventy one starts to slow before Grand westbound two seventy five, slowing just a bit approaching an accident after the double A on the left shoulder. There's a wreck on King at Clifton and in Claremont County on two twenty two, above Caldwell and Felicity, Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station seven forty one here, I could you have k City talk station so happy it's Wednesday, listener on It's Wednesday. As I keep reminded folks throughout the morning, we're gonna be a price heal chilly today, last one of the year. Come and enjoy some food, food, fellowship and the celebratory nature of the holiday season. It's always a great time, at least from my perspective, and it's always a great time, and it's a wonderful thing for me to invite into the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Anybody that's looking out for veterans causes and someone who does, Steve Bozo with the Clarmont County Veterans Services. You can find him on my Comer County Veterans dot com. Steve. Good to have you here, my friend.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian, and just a shout out to our fellow warriors out there on the streets listening.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen to all of them. And whatever kind of holiday you're celebrating, I personally don't care. My only point is at least be in a celebratory mood. I feel like we've been living with so much anger division. The politics has gotten so out of hand, absolutely the elections behind us. Let's exhale, let's enjoy and embrace each other this holiday spirit. And that was one of the wonderful things. I don't to eat into your time, but thanks I was just telling you about Thanksgiving, about my diet, just how wonderful it was, the p con pie. But uh, zero discussion of politics, great, nothing, zero, zilch, nada. No one brought up anybody's name, No one said yay. No one said, oh my god, this sucks. It was just talking about family and how great the food was. No more dissension, it was so wonderful. And then you know the other component of it was, you know, I was waiting for all hell to break loose to day after the election, regardless who won, the riots in the streets and again, oh my god. Anyway, Steve Beck over to the Climate K Veteran Services ROI return on investment. That's I said, I didn't get any notes today and you said return on investment? Like, no, the hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do we spend this for veterans? Let's let's talk about I'm from the senior enlisted, from the sergeant major. There is constant investment in the troops. You're constantly teaching to benefit them both in war time and in peace. How do you improve your life? How are we going to combat the enemy. It's always this direction and redirection so that we are the most competent lethal force that we can be. Now, bring that back out in civilian world. I've got to start out though, Brian. The seventh of December is coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone knows what I hope is right.
Speaker 4: God's say December seven's coming up. We all know the attack on Pearl Harbor World War two, the door that the enemy kicked open that engaged our involvement. Now I bring that up because one World War two veterans. They are passing away and going to Devin's hats quicker than we can count. But yet they're still out there.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 4: You've set a precedent of who America is on the global scale. So great job. There is also a degree of leadership, or lack thereof behind December seventh. There's conversation that we actually knew the Japanese Imperial Army was looking at data at the United States and the time to hit them days in advance of December seventh. Yes, I've heard that President Roosevelt put a little bit of leadership effort and forethought into where do you think if they are wheld, they come from Japan?
Speaker 1: Right, right, specific exactly between California and Japan.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, we have this small bump out in the middle of the ocean, right so to fly sorties. This was an aircraft flying a mission. We call them sorties. Yeah, two to four hours out.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 4: Do you think we would have seen the Imperial Army steaming towards Hawaii life effected a strike on them in surprise, rather than on us. The lack of leadership and decision making is what affected Pearl Harbor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now.
Speaker 4: It's behind us. So what's in front of us now? Veterans are on active duty, veterans come on effective duty. And what I want to talk about is that the lack of a leadership by our government for our veterans. We often look at the military individual just twenty years. Wow, that's great. Twenty years. You're thirty eight years old. You've got a lifetime retirement already, better than one four oh one k fifty percent of your base pay for the rest of your life at twenty years. Back in the late eighties early nineties, the government came out with what was called the Reducts Plan. Now, the Reducts Plan is what fifteen years, a career service member could receive a thirty thousand dollars bonus. The trade off fifteen years, I'm going to send a thirty thousand dollars bonus to your bank account. I'm attacks at first, So at twenty percent, right, you're maybe receiving twenty four thousand now, right, Now for that is that when you hit twenty years and you retire, and let's say A seven for one of the branches retires at twenty years, fifty percent of his base pay. That base pay now, because you accepted that thirty thousand dollars bonus at fifteen years is reduced to forty percent. Oh wow, I'm giving up ten percent of my retirement every year for the rest of my life. Now, consider it's about two hundred and fifty dollars a year that you're giving up. And in ten years the government would have reclaimed it's thirty thousand dollars or it's twenty four thousand dollars at lent tea. Yeah, right, what eight years is twenty four? Yeah, I'm sure they'd give ten years. Right, she retired twenty years. I've paid them back two hundred percent of the thirty thousand they gave me.
Speaker 1: Although text kt uh set in the stage for another segment after this deep belt of this is I did not know that was the case that somehow on many levels doesn't sound right. Real quick here, though, folks, I want you to save you money. Go to foreign exchange. You got an imported car, traditional import manufacturer Asia or Europe, or if you have a Tesla, Yes, Foreign Exchange now authorized to service Tesla. They've all been trained and they are ready to take care of your EV if you've got one of those. For internal combustion engine fans and folks like me and German cars we own, we go to Foreign Exchange. My wife and I both get the amazing savings on the oil change. I personally say yes, I know it sounds insane. I saved more than two hundred dollars every single time I get my oil change. So I got that going for me, which is really really nice. And I don't know how much money I've saved over the years with the Honda service and my wife's car and my daughter's, but it's a lot because they don't charge nearly as much. Now do you sacrifice anything, No, Actually you gained so in spite of the lower cost, the customer service is superior. They're wonderful folks. You want to talk to the mechanic, you can. I like that idea. They're a SE certified master technique. You will drive out with more money in your pocket, with a full warranty on parts and service. So uh, ain't no downside of working with Foreign Exchange. The bottom line is your bottom line. So get into the Westchester location. That's where Austin and his amazing team mechanics will take great care of you to do that. Tylersville, egsit off seventy five, head East two streets, take a right on Kinglin and you are there Foreign Exchange, foreign x dot com. Where you find them online Foreign the letter x dot com five one three six, four four twenty six twenty six six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 5: Six fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm Victor Gray and I'm uh cloudy windy day today. Range shows up after seven high on forty two, leaving us a wintery, mixed light snow overnight because he's going down to eighteen degrees. Tomorrow's high twenty six sunny, breezy, making it feel like fifteen overnight, clear and sixteen. And finally for Friday, a sundayday with a high thirty four twenty six. Right now traffic time.
Speaker 7: Probably you see out traffic Center, you see out bite Lass center offers Compring's of a BCD care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three that's nine three nine twenty two sixty three northbound seventy five. Folks to a twenty minute delay. Now out of Florence into downtown Cruise continue to work for an accident westbound two seventy five.
Speaker 1: Before Taylor Mill. That's over on the ranking inside.
Speaker 7: There's now a rect northbound seventy five in the Lochlands foot jock ingram Ont fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty two. We up here CD talk station Brian Thomas, Steve Belzo from Clemont County Veteran Services. Find them online at Claremont County Veterans dot com. Okay, you set the stage for why it's a bad idea to take that thirty grand dangling care to fifteen years into service. Right if you just wait, you're gonna get so much more by way of your your your post service retirement retirement of fits.
Speaker 4: It's but you know, in the lifespan of retirement of a veteran that equates to almost six hundred to eight hundred thousand dollars, because not only are you giving up ten percent of your carrement pay, your cost of living adjustments are next until you hit sixty two, you get a one time cost of living adjustment where the rest of the world gets it every year, right, or the United States? Right, the social curity says, oh, this is the cost of living adjustment. You don't get it, so your retirement pay is declining every year. We are advancing this economy.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Let's just all explain in detail to active service members at fifteen years when they're offered this very very tempting I'm going to go buy a new car thirty thousand dollars payment.
Speaker 4: You know, how many would you see in line with their fingers in their ears even though you're trying to teach them, because all they see is the fact period of thirty thousand dollars. So it's the education, right, it's having as a leader.
Speaker 2: Stop right.
Speaker 4: My admin's not allowed to sign it until they come see me that they want it, and they're gonna dance the boogie dance in front of me to validate why this is beneficial to them, and then I get to turn it back on them. This is what that's going to cost you. Now, when we consider that, where's the wisdom? If I'm not there, where's the wisdom I'm not Oh, thirty grand looks great, sounds great, man, boy, could I pay off some bills today? We're just going to start increasing them again tomorrow. Right, it's like the credit card scheme, right, I'm just gonna start adding to it. So it's like you taking your foreign car to Steve's oil change. I just started it down the corner. Come on, bring your car over to me. I'll change the oil. Brian, I've got I've got a filter and a couple of courts of oil. I don't know what weight they are. Would you take your car to me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, right, So I had foreign exchange absolutely right, certified technicians.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: And so when we're talking now outside the military, my office Claremont County Veteran Service Office, my service officers are as certified as your mechanics are at foreign exchange. They are certified with the state, they are certified nationally. They are smart, intelligent, and have the ability to file paperwork with the VA in accordance with how the VA wants to see it. There are things of primary presumptive secondary conditions. But just like the reducts plan, who does that benefit? Obviously the government, the VA decides, I'm we are going to let veterans apply on their own behalf now, so we're gonna put it out on our website. Do you really think that's going to benefit the veteran?
Speaker 1: If there are pitfalls and problems and traps that you can fall into, then the answer is no. It requires someone like you to explain it does.
Speaker 4: It is atrocious. Alls I have to have is an old form. Alls I have to have is an inappropriate sequence of filing. And all this gets denied and then I've got to set an appeal, so it's one of two months to hear back. Now I got it to set an appeal, it's one to two months for that, and it keeps snowballing. So then what happens They call my office and want to talk to my service officers. What did I do wrong? I did this on my own. It's kind of like your friend back in high school decide he's going to rebuild his own motorcycle and he ends up taking all the boxes of parts down the local motorcycle shower and go, I couldn't figure it out. We you assemble it, which would have been more economical for your friend.
Speaker 1: Always hire the professional. Hire the professional. Rests money.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, and agreed, So my services they're free. Make the appointment. I'm not even charging you to put the motorcycle back together.
Speaker 1: That's that's awesome advice, Steve. It's terrific what you do. And I know everyone there shares your enthusiasms health the American veterans.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: That's the great thing about it. It's not the government, you know. I know you were government anty in the sense you're funding, but you know, the point is you're on the side of the veteran. You have a fiduciary obligation to the veteran. Yes, it's not something written down it says that because you could steer them in the wrong way and say no, no, just go ahead and fill off the form online. They'll take care of it. Or you can walk through the pitfalls, the challenges and the concerns that they may very well fall in to avoid the whole headache. And they're happy and you are fulfilled in your.
Speaker 4: Mission and they're tracking your claim for you.
Speaker 1: See Claremont County Veterans dot Com. Stephen, the cur will take great care of you. God bless you, stee you for your service for our country, your continued service for the American veteran and everything you all do out there day to day. It is my pleasure. I love love helping out the veterans. Seven fifty seven fifty five KR see the talk station. Stick around Alex Chranzafilo. We're gonna do a little aftermath. We're going to find out about jd Vance's replacement maybe and is Hamilton County a loss cause he'll be up next.
Speaker 2: Look what it happened.
Speaker 8: This is the greatest political comeback of all time.
Speaker 2: This has ever been two, three, four.
Speaker 5: Times today fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored b the.
Speaker 5: Campuses talk about it.
Speaker 4: They're just getting away with all this. We're other than knowing facts.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Eight oh five IA. I have KRCD Talk Station. A very happy Wednesday to you friend Thomas. Inviting everyone to listen to Lunch at Price so Chilli. I'll do that a couple more times for the end of the show today. Looking forward to seeing everyone and been looking forward to this moment in time all morning when I saw him on the rundown. Welcome back to the morning show, Alex Chanceafilo, head of the Ohio Republican Party. That's a pleasure to have you on the morning.
Speaker 2: Show, Brian, Good morning, sir, Good to be with you.
Speaker 1: Did you have a particularly thankful Thanksgiving this year, sir?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I certainly did. I, as I've told a lot of friends, this is the most enjoyable post election period of my career. We obviously had a very good night here in Ohio, an excellent night actually, So yeah, I'm thankful for good things. But you know, Brian, much like yourself, I know I see you on social and I know a little bit about you. I'm grateful to have a wonderful family and a hugely supportive and solid, loving family. That's that's all around me, And that's really, Brian, what ultimately matters, my friend, You and I both know and that that was great. Watch a little football. None of it any good.
Speaker 2: You know, all the teams I cared about went down.
Speaker 3: But you know, Ohio State loses the Michigan, the Bengals take another painful loss, the Bearcats get beat.
Speaker 2: I know that the hat trick of bad.
Speaker 1: You know, it's tough being a football fan here in Ohio of late, But anyway, the games have been enjoyable. I've enjoyed watching football more this year I think than any year of my life. In spite of the fact that most of the teams that I support are losers, I'm just starting to enjoy the game. Maybe it's my old age kicking in, but anyhow, Yes, and you're right, I'll double down on your on your your noting thanks for wonderful family. I mean without family, I don't know. Well, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be Alie right now without my wife and family. So, without further ado, one of the reasons that Thanksgiving was so wonderful, in addition to taking a break from a ridiculous diet and enjoying pecan pie made by my wife, nobody taught politics, and it was a glorious thing. We all just sort of just smiled and chatted and remembered and had stories to tell and what we were doing in our lives, and that was a refreshing experience. And I feel a little lighter after the election is over, because I really and I don't know how you felt, or those in your inner circle felt, but I think most of my listeners, because I've heard from so many of them, were really concerned about the day after and that it was going to some sort of riot in the street kind of thing. Most notably, and I want to just get your reaction on this point on that if Trump had not won the popular vote, they would have been screaming in the streets about getting rid of the electoral college. Right. Oh, here it happens again. The popular vote went for you know, Kamala Harrison. Nonetheless, the electoral college bubble burst nothing. The silence is deafening, and it's beautiful, and it just it just it was like a tremendous weight had been lifted off my shoulders out about over the abundance of concern that I had been keeping internally.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I agree, and you know the noise that I experienced eight years ago. Actually, and I won't recount the whole story, but I was. I was an elector for President Trump even eight years ago, meaning I was one of you know, at the time, seventeen or I think it was seventeen people that went to the electoral College, and I was inundated with calls and emails and letters sent to me saying ignore the will of Ohio voters and do not, let you know, do not name Donald Trump. That noise was overwhelming and really pushing back and I've heard none of that. I mean, I really think, Brian, I really my observation of this election cycle was, especially now, the nation got a major course correction, and.
Speaker 2: You're seeing it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you see things like AOC stripping her bio of her chosen pronouns, right. I mean, I think that Democrats are saying, gosh, we went too far, too fast, something we've been saying forever. And you know, I said for really a year, especially as the Ohio chairman, because I would get these calls saying, well, you know, it's not a swing state anymore, and I would say, listen, it's not that the state has changed that dramatically. Our populations haven't shifted. The Democrats shifted. They they left the mainstream of American politics. And you're seeing it now, you know, from some of the gray hairs in their party. James Carville. I saw something with Ron mcmanuel saying, you know, we've we've lost our way. We've been saying that. I mean, I you know, the Democrats used to talk about kitchen table issues as well, and we would have a healthy debate, you know, Brian, about how to split up the American pie, how to how to make the best use of this this wonderful capitalist system of ours, and that stopped that that the Democrats have walked away. They don't even believe in the system anymore. It seems to me most Democrats, you know, barely sort of support the Constitution and patriotism in the Statue of Liberty. So you know, it's that's that's where they are. And you know they've paid a price at the poll. So uh, you know, we've seen we've seen a shift here over the last month where I think even Democrats are chasened a bit and they know that, you know, they I know that they have to find themselves back to the center of American politics.
Speaker 2: So this is going to continue to happen.
Speaker 1: Amen. And I guess the mere fact that although I know he is going to be sworn in as president, he is the next president Donald Trump. They no longer have that whipping boy that they would card out literally every other word in any subject matter they were talking about. You know, the Congress accent fails, the passive piece of legislation. What's Trump's fault, Well, he's not in office, amn its trumps fault Trump drop trum trump tr Trump. And they tried to build it up so much and make people feel so guilty for even uttering the man's name with anything positive to say about him. People shut their mouths, kept quiet and low, and behold, he got elected president, and he got elected by the majority of the people in the country. On top of it, so boom, the whole argument is gone, and leaving them with what nothing other than to recalibrate, readjust and realize that the majority of American people are not woke. They're not in favor of DEI, they're not in favor of defunding police, not in favor of decriminalizing the system. And we've all witnessed the aftermath of those ridiculous policies that have been embraced over the past four to six years. Man, it's uh, it's it's I'm sorry. I'm just really enjoying on a sort of a Shoden Freud a kind of level right now. Except for Hamilton County. I can ask you about that one. Is it too late? And I part of me wants to think, you know, and we can talk about some of the larger issues Jdvans for example here Alex, But you know, Hamilton County. I went to bed knowing that it was all blue. We lost the prosecutor, we didn't get the shareff we got. You know, we all knew what the outcome of the other races was going to be, you know, depending on where they were. But blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, all across. But as you look out over the landscape, and you know, sort of like the discussion we're having right now, people are rejecting. They are reversing, They are going back on what used to work. The bluest cities in the country are screaming their bloody heads off over the resources being allocated to the illegal immigration flow. They're screaming about their neighborhoods being taken over by drug addicts and drug dealers. All the stores being closed is because no one prosecutes a crime for stealing. Stores are closing. It's in the citizen read. The Democrats who elected the woke officials to put these pauses into place are now seeing the aftermath and demanding that they do a one eighty. Now, with that said, can that happen in Hamilton County?
Speaker 3: Well, you know the answer is that I remain hopeful. You know, I left being the chair there a couple of years ago, and I you know, I walked very carefully. What's happening here? I still live here half the time, so you know, it's important that things go well in Hamilton County. Look, the answer really is this, Brian, It's an answer unfortunately I've given a long time. I mean, big cities really across the America, that's not It's certainly believed me having gotten around the state. It's the exact same conversation is happening in Cleveland. The exact same conversation is happening in Columbus. You know they have am can tell you in Columbus for instance, they've really the Republican Party there and they've got a great, strong leader, much like we have here. They just you know, they didn't even field candidates because you know, you're picking your spots. I mean, the future really for Hamilton County is I've got a couple of prescriptions and they're not you know, none of them aarticularly sexy. I mean, but one thing I want Hamilton County residents to not forget is you are an important voter to the messaging here in Ohio. I mean, look, Hamilton County delivered one hundred and seventy thousand, roughly votes for Donald Trump. Just to give you a comparison, Butler County, which is a very red county, delivered about one hundred and fifteen thousand votes for Donald Trump. So we need Hamilton County fully functioning, fully voting, and the same is true for Bernie Marino and everybody else. So you know, the impact that big counties have on this statewide ticket, it's not going away. So you know, these counties matter very very much now, these county level races, I think. So the first thing is you can't lose sight of that as a Republican in Hamilton County. The second thing is, you know, we can actually, you know, begin to field targeted races with candidates with crossover appeal. And sometimes, you know, that's a hard message to hear, especially from you know, some of my really conservative friends, and I count myself among that group, but it's hard to say it, but sometimes you have to find and I think most of the powers had that. I think she had ran a wonderful campaign, but you know, you're just you're just in a blue city and it just makes it harder and harder. But you know, look, I mean, as I've as I've shared with the local chairman here and the ones in Cleveland and Columbus, you know, don't don't You know you have to celebrate what you were a part of, and that is winning Ohio because, believe me, Ohio does not go for Donald Trump without Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati showing up in huge numbers. And make no mistake, Brian Republicans in Hamilton County turned out. They did turn out. The problem is there's just too many people in the cities continuing to hear this left wing message from the Democratic Party. And look, can we turn that around? I think we can. You're seeing us make inroads, certainly with halfcan American males for making inroads. You're seeing crime as a key issue for our party. So yeah, there is hope ahead, but you know it's going to take a slow, steady progression and candidates who can speak to issues that Democrats care about in the big cities.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, I like meless of power. She went literally everywhere in the county, all over the place, much in the same way Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, went into areas and neighborhoods and edit forums that no other Republican president would have dare trod and he proved and got unable to was able to get his message out. I mean, even just by running a candidate that may have a very low likelihood of winning as a Republican, you can get forced the other side to have to address these key issues. And that's kind of where my hope comes from, because those far left wing policies have ruined cities, and even the Democrats who voted for the people who enacted them realize that. And that's why I think there's a positive direction opportunity here. So let's pause, weib bring Alex back because we want to talk about Jade Vance's replacement and how things are looking in Columbus as we look forward into the next a period there. So it's paused right now. It's EGE sixteen. And let me mention my favorite firearm store, twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and Leven was there last Friday with my neighbor Beth, who bought her husband a really awesome gun and she didn't know where to go. I said, we'll support twenty two three. I said, the prices are always very competitive, and even if the gun's not in stock, I call Wendy up because of course I called Wendy and not Jeff, Jeff's listener right now, but she said, yeah, no problem, it was there in two days ready to pick up. I took her in there. She bought a case of AMMA. I got ten percent off that when it was on sale, and it's so happy, and I know her husband is really happy about what he's getting for Christmas. No surprises revealed here, he's already seen it. So yeah, I put my money where my mouth as I'm a customer there. I've bought quite a few firearms from him over the year's lots of AMMO. I spent time on the gorgeous range they've got there, so you're in the best possible hands. Great people run the place, knowledgeable, they have a gunsmith. It's everything you could hope for. Range Brain and Gun Store located on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon. Learn more online just head on over to twenty two to three. You know they got gift cards into It is Christmas Time twenty two with the word three spelled out dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Shopping should feel natural, Hey.
Speaker 1: Twenty on a Wednesday, Brian Thomas with are the Ohio Republican Party Chairman Alex tirant Tofilo going a little aftermath post election analysis of the state and one of the things we got to talk about now JD. Vance and what a wonderful a choice he ended up turning out to be and maybe future President of the United States of America. Hometown hero JD. Who's going to replace JD? Vans? Alex, any inside baseball on that you want to let my listeners know about.
Speaker 3: Well, Brian, no, I'm having some fun. Yeah, No, I mean Lexa, the governor makes this appointment. For anyone listening to they, I'd understand that the governor of Ohio, under our state constitution makes this makes this appointment to the United States Senate.
Speaker 2: And there are many good candidates.
Speaker 3: And really the reason I'm being a little coy and having some fun with you is there are some people that think can quote Republican Party makes this call the Republican Party's antithy I run, we don't look, we're we think there are a slew of great candidates. You know, if I start naming them, I probably miss some. But you know, certainly Frank Larrose is interested who's our secretary of State. I think that's been out there. Jane Timpkin, who's you know, a native Cincinnati and actually now lives in Can'ton, Ohio. And a name that's well known in Republican Party circles, you know, Warren Davidson, I know is interviewed. Who's our congress my congressman on the west side of Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't I think I've made news. I'm even sure he interviewed. I just think he might be interested, So, you know, I just there are lots of good people. Again I've left out other names, people that maybe in this part of the state do not know might carry from central Ohio. I think is one of the names that's been bandied about. So you know, there are other people that have shown an interest in this. You know, lots of people have, I mean, being a United States Center or you know, it's one of the one hundred most powerful legislative jobs in the world. Really, so if the governor has to make a call here, you know, the timing of this, I just don't know. I mean I believe and I don't have any you know, sort of inside information here necessarily, but I believe that's gonna run right up until right around January to twentieth's only because Senator advances vote, you know, in a Senate that's you know, only a couple votes of going the wrong way there. So I think his vote will be needed to confirm him any of the President Trump's nominees. So you know, I think that you're going to see that that run, you know, into January. I don't think we're gonna have news on that front, you know, for some time. And listen, I mean, my job and the job of the Ohio Republican Party is to elect Republicans. That's the number one obligation of the organization. So we'll we'll wait, and you know, whoever the nominee of the Republican Party is in twenty twenty six, that's who will run.
Speaker 2: Brian, This is one of important point.
Speaker 3: Do I just again, I know you've got some of the most educated listeners anywhere, but people need to understand that whoever gets appointed will run two times in four years, and.
Speaker 2: That is a daunting task, I want to tell you.
Speaker 3: On others, someone like Bernie Marino had to raise four hundred to million dollars that's a number that's hard to say for people who have to raise money. And I'm one of those folks. So it is a serious commitment. Bernie Marino is you know, he is he He had to have broken records on the amount of miles that the man put on his on his vehicle because he was all over the state. The commitment to take on this challenge is a real one. These are not just TV TV appearances and speeches. This is a commitment that's a seven day a week commitment for years. And I you know again, Brian, well, well, I've got the floor on that point. I do want to just make one additional point. I wish people sometimes could see behind the curtain what I've seen for a long time, and that is the commitment that people make to actually run for office. And I know there's a cynicism Brian, around politics and about politicians, and you know, some of that's the warranted, but you know, these people work very very hard for the right to go and represent you, and somebody like Bernie is a post to child for that. Others I mean, well, it's the powers work very very hard.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Sharon Kennedy is notorious. Our chief Justice here in Ohio for just having laid it out. I mean, these people set aside their lives, and I look, I got a little taste of that myself. You know, I went I probably went a month without you know, a serious day where I didn't do anything political. So, you know, again not being a martyr, but people should understand during this holiday season some level of gratitude towards these people and the work they put out to go and fight for us.
Speaker 2: I think is is you know, I think is merited.
Speaker 1: So it is, and you know, the the jaded and cynical among us then say, well, there's a reason they work that hard for us, because they're going to go off, you know, not you know, being of modest financial means, and like every other human being that ends up getting elected and going to d C. Somehow magically they come back multi millionaires. Which is why I like guys like Moreno, I like Ramas swimming, I like must because they seem to be wanting to do the job for the good of the people. They don't need the damn money, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no question I mean, I you know, Bernie marino Is has taken a pay cut for that you can be sure or as are lots of other people in this business who I know personally, but you know, it's it's it's a serious commitment. And look, I mean that cynicism is healthy sometimes, Brian, because we should hold these people to account. You know the other point I would quickly make, and I know you're not answer the question, but what we as Republicans need to do. And I've told this to everybody, and I've said it every time I've been part of winning elections and losing ones. We now got to go do the job. I mean, we enjoyed this victory really for about two or three days. But we must as Republicans go and do what we said we're gonna do under Donald Trump's leadership. We're gonna have the House in the Senate federally, we must do what we said deportations, we must steal the border. We've got to cut taxes. We've got to you know, keep the cut the tax cuts that we're in place to keep this economy growing, cut prices, drill for energy, all the things. And I say, Donald Trump is a guy who has a checklist. This guy's tireless too. He works his tail off. We got to do these things so that the pendulum does not swing back, because ultimately, in American politics it tends to swing back. These wins can be fleeting, but we must do what we said we are going to do. So people like me who have to go out and sell the Republican Party and talk about our accomplishments, not just you know, our aspirations.
Speaker 1: Amen that Chairman of the Ohio Republican Party, Alex Charantafila. Alex, if you and I don't talk before the Christmas season kicks in, I hope you have a very merry Christmas. Best to health to you and your entire family, And again I share your true appreciation for family and the importance of it. God bless you, my friend. I hope we get to talk again real soon.
Speaker 2: Me too, Mary. Christmas to you and your family and all your listeners. Brian, thanks so much, Thanks much.
Speaker 1: Eight twenty six Judge Annapolitano, we're going to law school here in a minute or two. Hang around for that. One. Judge of Politano will be up next. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Our newsroom so a lot like Santa's workshop. Well, don't you all look very busy in here?
Speaker 4: I'm getting all the stories together for the top of the hour.
Speaker 7: I like you taking your halls with news, weather and traffic year round fifty five krs.
Speaker 5: The talk station the simply.
Speaker 1: Mom for the Channel nine first one to aleve or cast today mostly excy it'd be windy though seven pm and after looking for some spotty showers today's high forty two, that slotty shower turn into a wintery mix overnight. It's no possible it's going down to eighteen degrees tomorrows high twenty six because it's going to be greasy under sunny skys. It's going to feel more like fifteen overnight and another cold night sixteen degrees, clear skies, sunny on Friday with a HIA thirty four twenty seven degrees. Right now, if you have KERCD talk station, Chuck ingram Typer traffor.
Speaker 7: I'm the UCL Traffic center you see help weight Boss center offers comprehensive OBCD care and advanced surgical expertise called five to one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Cruise continue to work with the wreck eastbound two seventy five at seventy five in Earlwaninger left lanes blocked off, traffic back some Miniova Pike. Then northbound seventy five slows from there into the cut. Southbound seventy five continues slow in and out of Lachlan in South seventy one. You're wropping on the brakes from two seventy five down to Red Bank. This is Santa's List Day. That is the day where everyone finds out if they're on the nady or the nice list. A guest coming up next, I'm pretty sure he's on the nice list. The Judge's next, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Now, who can argue with that? Eight thirty and a very happy Wednesday reminder, since I know so many people are tuned in right now because it's appointment listening with Judge entital Platano. It's listener lunch day, last day or last lunch of the year. We'll be at Price l Chili. Judge Topolitano will not he is. I'm looking at him right now on zoom call. Welcome back here, Honor. You know how much I look forward to this. It looks like you're at a different venue today.
Speaker 8: I am. I am I'm in my office in New York City, where I will be for the next I don't know how long.
Speaker 1: Slightly different schedules.
Speaker 8: See you see me instead of yes, allow shirt and unshaven with a code and tie and clean shaven.
Speaker 1: Look, you're looking great. I'm sure you've got a whole lot on your plate, as you typically do. And we'll find out what's going on with judging freedom coming up at the end of the segment, as we always do. But this one I've been calling all morning an upcoming constitutional law lesson. We're going to be We're going to be engaged in a deeper die because when I read the topic, or when I read your columns heading, you captured the column three cheers for Hunter's pardon, and I started worrying, because you know, every once in a while, my listener's perspectives on politics and life will come into a measure of disagreement with the judge, like I can't believe he said that. And I'll defend you all day long. I'll defend your position even if I disagree with it, because we engage in a thoughtful conversation, and I wasn't expecting you to back up to where you went when I was starting to read the column, and the point being fundamentally the original point that you make regularly one that the foundation, the highest law of the land in our country is the Constitution, and it limits the size and scope of government so much so that Hunter Biden shouldn't even have been charged into these because they don't have the authority for the various charges like, for example, the Second Amendment. You shouldn't have to fill out a form to have your exercise your Second Amendment. So go ahead, I make you please.
Speaker 8: So there's two charges here. I mean, first of all, no one can really analyze what's going on in Joe Biden's brain. I don't know if he knows what's going on fair enough in his brain. This is obviously Joe Biden, the father over Joe Biden, the institutionalist who were railed against the concept of pardons, who railed against Gerald Ford's pardon.
Speaker 1: Of Richard Nixon.
Speaker 8: There are, of course, just by way of background, two classes of pardons, one for a specific crime, and one a broad form for all crimes that you might have committed, whether charged or uncharged, whether known or unknown. That's the pardon that Ford gave to Nixon. That's the pardon that Joe gave to Hunter. But the crimes for which he was prosecuted, you and I would not have been prosecuted for them. The tax crime, he actually paid the taxes with interest and with penalty, and they still prosecuted him because of pressure the Republicans put on the Justice Department.
Speaker 1: The gun crime.
Speaker 8: Under the Supreme Court's ruling, the current gun laws are supposed to reflect what they were in seventeen ninety one. When the Second Amendment was adopted. In seventeen ninety one, you could smoke all the hemp you wanted and still carry a sidearm proof. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were millionaires by selling hemp.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I they can't make this upright, no, I know. And at some point and maybe we can just look at that one specific issue, the FFL form you have to fill out, and also the barrel length restriction rules. You know, you have to have a special license for short barreled rifles and all these layers of laws. I am wondering whether now we have with the current you know, the Brewin decision and the others, if we have this opportunity now for someone, for example, Hunter of Biden could have defended himself and said, no, this FFL nonsense, even though I was stoned out of my mind and I lied on the form. This FFL nonsense is unconstitutional on its face because none of it existed at the time the Second Amendment was acknowledged by the Bill of Rights, and ergo, you can't put that kind of impediment in front of me when I'm trying to exercise my Second Amendment rights.
Speaker 8: So the standard definitions of crime, you know this, I know this, many of your listeners probably do, has three requirements. One the crime is promulgated by a legitimate authority that has the authority to make the event a crime.
Speaker 1: Two that there was harm.
Speaker 8: Three that there was a victim.
Speaker 2: There was no harm here.
Speaker 8: The gun that he bought, he had his girlfriend throw away in a dumpster before it was ever even fired. There was no victim here. I suppose the government would claim it was a victim because he lied to the government, But the government can't show that it was harmed by its victimhood. And then we get back to where we started. Brian, does the Congress have the authority to make these things a crime? This will scandalize the public. What I'm about to say. You know this, and lawyers know this, and students of the Constitution know this. The Constitution authorizes just two crimes. Debasing the money supply, you know, putting out a coin that's half gold and half pewter and claiming it's all gold and getting the full face value for it. Debasing the money supply and then that coin is out in the money supply. And treason, which is defined in the Constitution as giving aid and comfort to the country's enemies or waging war against against the States. How many crimes has Congress created five thousand, one and ninety nine, and only two of them are authorized by the Constitution.
Speaker 1: And that's why I said we were going to law school today, because you know a lot of people said, well, listen, anybody else on the planet, we would be prosecuted if we had that many some suspicious activity reports on our multiple bank accounts with money flowing three the inflowing them from from foreign governments into our own personal hands. They would have investigated us had we done something like that. They wouldn't have slow walked the IRS investigation to the point where they let the Statute of limitations run, they'd have been all over us like white on rises. My dad used to say. But to your point, there are five and ninety nine federal crimes on the books now, only two of which really are legitimate under the limitations of the Constitution. The balance are in the hands of the states. The states, as you acknowledge in point out in your historical review in the column, would be responsible for prosecuting anyone who violated the law.
Speaker 8: Correct like the Whiskey Rebellion, where a bunch of farmers in western Pennsylvania in seventeen ninety one to two three and four refused to pay an exercise tax on whiskey because they needed to sell the whiskey to stay alive and operate their farms, and they resisted the tax collector with violence. They were prosecuted in a Pennsylvania state court. Two of them were prosecuted for treason. How can failure to pay a tax be treason? Well, they persuaded a federal judge that using violence against the federal tax collector was the moral equivalent of treason. They were convicted and George Washington pardoned them. In the first part presidential pardons in American history now there is a downside to this, to Joe, not to Hunter. Last week, if Hunter was dragged before the House Oversight Committee and sworn to tell the truth and said, and they asked him, did you funnel money to your father from Barisma when he was Vice President of the United States?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 8: I refusually declined to answer on the grounds of the Fifth Amendment right. Ask him that question tomorrow. He has to answer it. He has no Fifth Amendment right. By accepting the pardon, he gave up his Fifth Amendment.
Speaker 1: Rights and ergo, he could be a witness in some future prosecution related to some criminal activity on a federal level. Because this pardon only absolves him of federal crimes state crimes, it does not involve ergo, he could be still criminally prosecuted in a state had he done something during this window of time. I don't know. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: His testimony, of course, could also be used to embarrass humiliate the father. It's too late to prosecute the father. Let's say that Joe was bribed just hypothetically when he was vice president. The statute of limitations is five years, so it's too late to prosecut him. It's not too late to impeach him even after he leaves office, and of course it's never too late to tarnish his legacy. But his own Justice Department said he's a doddering old man and he can't put him in.
Speaker 2: The defense chair.
Speaker 1: And given his age and his obvious health issues, it could be that, you know, God rest his soul. Joe Biden's not around for a long time. Hunter Biden may very well find himself in need of money, and Ergo could write memoirs and expose everybody and everything that's gone on in the name of making literally millions of dollars correct.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 8: Most of the people that I interact with are furious about the pardon because they hate the father and they hate the son, and they think that the father it's a kruk and he helped the Sun get away with being a crook. But all of that is a legitimate opinion that is widely held. My analysis is based upon what I suggest and argue is a prudent reading of the Constitution, a Madisonian reading of the Constitution, which says the Constitution chains down the federal government. Congress can't give itself the power to enact laws that the Constitution doesn't authorize it to an act.
Speaker 1: Well, I can only wait for the day when someone can raise these arguments, have standing to raise them, raise them in a federal court, and maybe make it up to the Supreme Court, who would say, you know what, after two hundred and fifty years, you're right, this is gonna stop real quick. I just got to read this line the judge who is dismissing the I believe it's the tax case. And apparently the pardon wasn't properly filed. So he made a point about the appropriate nature of the filing. You know how courts aren't judges are with eyes properly being dotted and teas crossed. Yes, I'm going to dismiss it when it's properly filed with me. But he had this today, had this to say, and I thought it was rather funny. Something for the following discussion. The court assumes the pardon is effective and we'll dispose of the case. The Supreme Court long has recognized that, notwithstanding it's nearly unlimited nature, the pardon power extends only to past offenses, which to me sounded like this sort of perception that Hunter Biden was going to go back to criminal activity on a going forwards.
Speaker 8: Right, imagine if you could pardon someone into the future.
Speaker 1: My god, Judge edit of Politano, I always love our conversations. Thanks for taking everybody to law school today and reminding us that the Constitution is a limiting document. Enjoy yourself in New York if that's possible, and have a wonderful week, and I'll look forward to next one day, Wednesday and another great conversation with you, sir.
Speaker 2: Right right back at you.
Speaker 8: Colonel Douglas McGregor on Judge Freedom today, what's going on in South Korea? And why is Joe Biden continuing to extend the war in Ukraine to dump it into Donald Trump's lap.
Speaker 1: I think you're right on that one, Sir. Can't make heads or tail out of that debacle. We're looking forward to checking out your podcast, Judging Freedom. Search for it where you find your podcast, and tune in every Wednesday at eight thirty for the Judge here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Love you, my friend, Back at you, Brian, Thank you. It's eight forty two here fifty five KRS. The talk stations stick around, got a little more talk about Right back.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC dot com. Hey, it's the snee and for the