Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on.
Speaker 2: JRR Bulldog Sports page, brought to us this morning by Petty's Meets in a Longwood, just West. I forget the big game contest going on our Instagram, Taco Bob, get you all squared away for everything you might need for your get togethers this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it while you can get it on it Instagram. If you're not following us, it's at one on one one w JR R. Win a big old meat pack from Patties, also a grill and tickets for Metallica.
Speaker 2: Again it's on our jar Instagram, So to get by there at some point today. I hit Taco right over the head with it first thing this morning, Bulldog, those yard signs got to go.
Speaker 3: What are we are? We two losses away now from the yards uns.
Speaker 2: He keeps changing the starting yesterday.
Speaker 1: But if you guys want, we'll go to in Rol. Already in the books. One more loss period and I'm yanking them, But what if they are helping?
Speaker 2: So one O four ninety nine they lose on the road trip in Golden State last night. Bold. I guess four losses in a row and how many of the last like eleven or two?
Speaker 4: In their last ten they've lost, I'm eleven of their last thirteen they've lost. Yeah, the good news is they didn't get clobbered last night. They actually rallied back from fifteen down in the second half and again, but they lost the game. And that's the that's the bottom line. Cole Anthony actually hit a runner with like four and a half minutes left, the Magic took the lead, but then the Warriors responded with three straight buckets and that was that.
Speaker 3: Once again.
Speaker 4: The Magic can't shoot from distance. They're the worst shooting team in the NBA. They made just eight of thirty two from three point range. That's the twenty eighth time this season they shot under thirty percent from beyond the yark. Cole Anthony did have twenty six points to Fronz. He he had twenty one, fourteen in the fourth quarter. Paalo finished with eighteen. But he just continues to struggle. He was o of six from three point range and he only took one free throw last night, so he's not attacking the basket. Yeah, I don't know what the Magic are supposed to do right now. They play Sacramento coming up on Wednesday night. That's another game that you know they're They're probably underdogs in that game. I haven't looked at the spread, but Magic not in a good way. Okay, they're going down, down, down the standing.
Speaker 1: So how about this, guys, If they lose Thursday, I agree to pull the yard signs. Well, they play tomorrow, okay, Well, if they lose tomorrow, I agree to pull the yard signs.
Speaker 3: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: In trade deadline coming up this week too, Are you hearing any rumblings of potential moves.
Speaker 3: By the Magic, Yeah, not really, not really.
Speaker 4: And if I'm the Magic, you know, if they want to make a minor move, fine, I would not make a major move the Magic. They need to wait till Jalen Suggs gets back. He's still hasn't played so that, you know, maybe that'll make the difference. He is the heart and soul of their defense. I don't know if he's gonna help their shooting any but they just need to see what happens when all their players are healthy, and you know, reassess after the season, see what happens after the All Star break. I wouldn't make any you know, lineup shakeups right now, So we'll see what happens. In college basketball. Big news, Florida State head coach Leonard Hamilton announced he's stepping down at the end of the season. He's been at Florida State for twenty three years. He's seventy six years old, so you know, the program has gotten steale. This will be the fourth straight year they haven't made the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: But you knew this was coming. The lawsuit was filed a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: We talked about it, in which Hamilton is being sued by six former players from the last year's team, alleging he failed to make good on the promise to get each of them two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to pay for play money. And to me, that was a signal that Leonard Hamilton was gonna be gone. The fact of the matter is Hamilton is seventy six. The program is steel. But it's sad because Leonard Hamilton, he's the guy who graduated as players. I mean, he had like a ninety percent graduation rate. He mentored players, and those are two qualities that are becoming sort of extinct. In today's transfer portal world of college athletics.
Speaker 2: So it's just getting and get some cash and move on. It is.
Speaker 4: That is exactly what it is. By the way, you guys know, I'm an influencer. As I told you last week. I don't know if you guys saw this story, but Tony Boselli, the Jaguars Hall of Famer, who I've been saying should take over the front office for years now.
Speaker 3: Guess what.
Speaker 4: Yesterday the Jaguars made Tony Boselli their only Hall of Famer, the vice president of operations, so he's in charge of the front office, just as the Bulldog's been calling for.
Speaker 1: Wow, you are the prediction. You are a true enner. Somebody texted in two two five, two six said, you boys are high off your ass. If you think them OTWN Orlando Magic boys can't turn this season around.
Speaker 3: They can. They can turn it around.
Speaker 4: I mean they have to shoot a little bit better, and Palo has to get Palo has struggled since he's come back. He's been back twelve games now and he's still out of sorts and out of sink.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they can get better.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a good season. Still.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 4: Roger Goodell had his annual Super Bowl press conference yesterday and he poo pooed any thoughts that the NFL favors the Kansas City Chiefs said, that's a bunch of bumps.
Speaker 2: Our eyes have just been deceiving all of us. That's that's we're seeing, you know, mirages.
Speaker 1: And as he walked off, he was humming Taylor Swift song.
Speaker 2: Right right, I saw that Super Bowl. In comparison to years past, ticket prices have continued to kind of nose dive on the aftermarket. Bulldock.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're saying that could be Chiefs fatigue.
Speaker 1: It could be, but it's still a great matchup. I mean, I think you're going to see an upset. I think you're going to see Chiefs get fatigued. By the way, do you guys see this story? A major league umpire was fired yesterday because he quote unquote shared a legal sports betting account with a friend who bet on baseball. He shared an account with a friend who bet on baseball. Sounds like he might have been betting on baseball.
Speaker 2: But generally, if you're behind the plate of you know, you might want to stay away from the betting in general, I would say probably.
Speaker 3: He opened up this betting account in his own name. What idiot, what umpire would do that?
Speaker 1: Oh God?
Speaker 2: Alright, all right, Lightning will be back on the ice tonight, their home against Ottawa. Puck drops just after seven. Mike the Bulldog Bonkey, host of Open Mike weekday mornings on adjacent TUSS on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety games, Thank you for coming in here to do the sports page each morning on j r R.
Speaker 3: Doggy, Oh Oh.
Speaker 1: Splitch and Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app. Get in now at w j r R dot com