Speaker 1: The Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather around boys, time to recap.
Speaker 3: But the post game coverage is just getting started. The successes the failure. Let's discuss this is Clippers locker room breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers. Here's Ada Moss.
Speaker 4: Lad the Golden Dagger was fool's goal tonight, Clippers hold on to win one oh two to ninety nine over the Golden State Warriors. Hear it into a dome. Welcome in Clipper Nation. We got your postgame show with you over the next hour or so coming up second half highlights. But first back over to your radio voice. Up the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez Cardiac clips in the building, no doubt on the second night of a back to back, but they did enough to hold on. They made enough big shots, especially from Norman Palell down the stretch, Carlo.
Speaker 5: Huge shot from Norman Pale to push it to one oh two to ninety two.
Speaker 1: That looked like Adam that would get it done.
Speaker 5: And then the Golden State Warriors said, way, we've been in this situation before. They go on a seven zero run, make it a three point game. Have two good looks to close the game, and they can't get it done. Curry missed a three with twelve point three, then Peyton missed won with two point two, and the Clippers white knuckle the victory. That was impressive, Adam, when you think about the way they won this game. They were able to hang onto the basketball for about twenty one of the twenty four minutes in the second half. They dominate the bench points. They had twenty nine assists. That's now nearly thirty assists a game in the last two bone games for this Clipper team. And they keep Steph Curry for the most part in check. Big time win. I thought Terrence Man stepped up a mere coffee. We'll talk about him, but maybe one of his best games of the season, and the Clippers get the win three and one.
Speaker 1: On the second old of a back to back.
Speaker 5: As the Clippers continue to keep it rolling here at home, well, we have a moment.
Speaker 4: Let's pause ten seconds for station and identification here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio network, this.
Speaker 3: Is La Clippers Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSRHD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Producer Katie Newton and big brother Jake Warner keeping us in line here after the Clippers hold on for dear life and survive. Every time you think you have a lead against the Golden State Warriors, you just know it's never saved as long as Steph Curry is out there on the floor. But the Clippers won. I believe they went plus four in the second half with Steph Curry off of the floor. They end up winning the game by three. This defensive effort by this Clippers team once again against the Golden State Warriors. They did it up North against them in San Francisco. They do it again tonight, and they did just enough offensively in the fourth quarter when they had to have a few timely buckets. Yes, you'd love better execution down the stretch for Gary Payton the second not to get that steal on Norm and for them not to get the offensive rebound with Draymond Green and get two shots at it to tie the ball game late. But the Clippers gave themselves that cushion because of timely clutch shots again and again from Norman Powell, and I want to say at least two of them were off feeds from James Harden, who ended up with by my count here, sixteen assists, tied a season high. Yeah, had tied a season high and assists James Harden just a complete team effort, even though outside of Norman Palell, a lot of guys struggled at times in this game, Carlo, but they still played together and stuck together as a team.
Speaker 5: They did, and in credit Niko Batoum, he met his best offensive game for the Clippers this season. Kevin Porter Junior had three bunkets a big and one fortunately took them out of the game. I think the Clippers didn't play their best basketball offensive offensively, but like you said, at them, they did enough offensively. They played it the right way to you. They turned them all over twenty times, but they had twenty nine assists nine as sist tonight. That is a huge number for this team. They get up thirty four to threes and the Wall deserves half of this win for forcing ten misses at the free throw line by the Golden State Warriors in a game you win by three at them.
Speaker 4: That's huge well, and the Clippers ended up getting one more point off of the nineteen turnovers for Golden State. Then Golden State got off of their twenty turnovers, they had thirty points. The Clippers with thirty one points off of turnovers. They executed very well in transition. At times it was just, you know, a couple of turnovers here and there down the stretch that I know Coach lou is not going to forget about. But you'll take the victories anyway you can get them. Right now, the Clippers are eight and seven. They are a game above five hundred. They have had one of the toughest schedules so far in the league, and they've made it five straight here and into a dome and five straight over the Golden State Warriors for the first time.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen eighty forty five.
Speaker 4: Adams, guys, I like hearing that from Carlo Haavedez. There see, this is a great call by Carlo, from beginning to end, maybe his greatest so far, best is still yet to come. Say, with this Clippers group, who survive a tough one late against the Golden State Warriors here and into a dull Clipper nation, patch yourself on the back, Carlo, as you brought up without the wall creating all those misses of the charity. Strive they don't get by and win this ball game.
Speaker 5: No, half the win goes to the wall. All those fans of the supporter section should get five percent of each player.
Speaker 1: No, it was impressive.
Speaker 5: I mean really shout out the wall, the props, they brought out, the noisemakers today. They were engaged, they were on their feet their whole time. It felt loud in this building when the Clippers would go on runs, and big part due to the wall. There's a reason, Adam, the Clippers have been playing so much better here at home. This is truly a home court advantage for this Clipper team that Steve Bummer has built, and it's showing right now. The Clippers with five straight wins here at home the second night of a bank tired legs. But sometimes it can be the crowd that can pick you up and down the stretch. The Clippers allowed the crowd to get them the distance.
Speaker 4: Well, I think one of those guys you mentioned earlier, but a mere Coffee, had the toughest assignment down the stretch guarding Steph Curry, and it was unwavering his approach the attack. He got called for some fouls, he lost some battles, He did not lose the war. He didn't let it get to him. That rear view block on Steph Curry at the end of the game. Best defensive play I think I've seen so far this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not many times you see Steph Curry driving to the rim and get blocked from behind because he's so good at sneaking it by with an an awkward footed layup or a fingerwol with the opposite hand on the other on the left side shooting it with his right hand, but a mere coffee able to get there. Avitza Zobites was inhaling rebounds today seventeen boards, four assists, that is one short of his season high those seventeen rebounds. Wasn't as involved on the offense at him as I think we expected today, especially with no Kavan Loony, but his ability to clean up the glass allowed the Slippers to be even in the rebounding battle and make sure they allowed Golden State to be one and done. On the offensive end, the Warriors just nine offensive rebounds tonight, only six second chance points.
Speaker 4: I think another guy who's been a bit of an unsung heroes, he's gotten off to a slow start so far this season. Terrence Man. Terrence Man a plus ten in a ballgame they end up winning by three. Had the big dunk off on Kyle Anderson Welcome home and get dunked on the back in Southern California by Terrence Man, but just a timely three as well. After he had missed one in the fourth quarter, they went back to him. He knocked it down the near side corner. I think this is a big confidence boost for him. We've seen the defense before, but now the offensive plays and big plays in a crunch time game. This could really get him going.
Speaker 1: It really could at him. And you know who had the second most assist to night, Terrence Man.
Speaker 5: Not only did he score the basketball, he had six assists, finding his teammates a pair of steels in this one. The Clippers turned Golden State over nineteen and finished this game with ten steals. I thought Terrence Man played his most complete game today on offense and on defense and getting his teammates involved. He checked every single box for the Clippers tonight. They needed a punch off the bench. This is the best bench points per game wise in the NBA, and the Clippers bench out played him by a mile tonight, forty five points to twenty eight. It was an impressive flexing of the muscles by the Clippers for a bench we talked about at him might have been this third superstar for Golden State behind Curry and Draymond Green, and the Clippers bench outdueled him.
Speaker 4: Another guy who deserves a shout out, Kevin Porter Junior. That tough and one he would leave the ballgame. A mere coffee helped convert it for him at the charity stripe. That was a big momentum shift and a big bucket when the Clippers needed it.
Speaker 5: They truly needed that one. He was able to get downhill finish with a left hand. I thought he was looking for a shot a little bit, but big time shots late. Able to be offective on the defensive end as well. Kevin Porter Junior was great down the stretch. Hopefully he's okay. Took a hard fall at the end, but a part of that Clipper bench that everyone played, even Niko Batoum to start the game. Three threes in the first half, most threes he's had in a game this season. He was great for this Clipper team. A complete effort. When you have tired legs, it has to be a group effort, and it was for this Clipper team as they got it done.
Speaker 4: Carlo Jmenez. The Clippers just swept another back to back. Do we want more back to backs? I believe he brought it up before.
Speaker 5: You know, they got sixteen on the season at him, they're three and one in back to backs. Maybe so maybe so they got a tough one coming up. You got Boston on the on a back to back at Boston next time up.
Speaker 1: So if I'm the Celtics.
Speaker 5: After what happened last year, maybe I don't want to see the Clippers on the second night of a back to back.
Speaker 4: Beware warning sets and the rest of the league. The Clippers are above five hundred without Kawhi Leonard after taking down the best in the West, the Golden State Warriors one zero two to ninety nine, for the second time this season, the Clippers have beaten the Dubs and gotten the dub against them. Clippers right back after it against a beast from the East coming up on a way that would be the Orlando Magic they won earlier in Phoenix. Tip time here and into a Dome seven thirty Wednesday night. Clippers and Magic will have your pregame show at six thirty. Carlo Jimenez. A great call as always, especially great tonight. We'll see you on Wednesday, my friend.
Speaker 1: Uh see you Wednesday, Adam.
Speaker 4: Let's go go it up. Next. Second half highlights. Clippers hold on, they win by three over the Golden State Warriors. Hear it into a dome and you're listening to Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iheartradiop.
Speaker 7: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers win one O two to ninety nine. They don't score in the last two and a half minutes and they survive against the Golden State Warriors. Anyways, they hold them to ninety nine points. Here at into a dome. Heck of an effort by the defense down the stretch. Got a couple of misses Steph Curry, Gary Payton the second. Better to be lucky than good. Sometimes they had some good looks there Steph Curry. Also he had some really tough shots that he made, as you would expect in the second half, over double teams, over Viats Zubach from thirty feet out straight away. What are you gonna do about that. I guess just get the victory. Anyways, tip your cap, great shot, but the Clippers will take the dub over the dubs. At the half, Clippers were up fifty six to forty five. Third quarter did not exactly go their way, but they did have a key three point play. At the end of the third quarter in a game they would win by three, A mere coffee got fouled in the far side corner with point seven seconds left. They reviewed it, They said it was a foul. They said there was time left. They said it was a three point shot. He knocked down all three free throws. Those would prove to be very consequential. Clippers win this one by three. They led after three by three at seventy five to seventy two because of a mere coffee there. And then how about more threes from Norman Palell in the fourth quarter when you needed a big shot, Storm and Norman.
Speaker 1: James hornon double team and a half four. It spins and bounces it to man into the teeth of the defense. Norm left wing three, Jack pot Harden stops feeds Norm left wing three. Yes, Sir Norman Powell with another big time shot.
Speaker 5: He's gone squenty scribbles down the left dow he finds Norm straight away.
Speaker 1: Three fuckets. Norman Pal gives the Clippers at ten point lead time out.
Speaker 4: Steve Kerr my player to watch. Norman Pal saved his best for last. Ended up with nine points off of three May three pointers in the fourth quarter. The Clippers don't score the last two and a half minutes. They hold on anyways, as Steph Curry and Gary Payton the second would miss game time three pointers late. Clippers win one two to ninety nine. Hear it into a dumb more Clippers post game coming up next. If you want to get on early eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number because we do have Clippers Talk coming up on a five to seventy LA Sports. You're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Best fans invest arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers win one o two to ninety nine. Today was a good day. Final box score for you. Clippers ended up shooting just forty three percent from the field sixteen of thirty four, though from three. Golden State also hit sixteen threes, but they took ten more so. The Clippers shoot forty seven percent from the outside, Golden State thirty six percent and that big number mis free throws Golden State nine of nineteen. At the charity stripe, patched yourself on the back, Clipper Nation, I'm telling you, you helped win this game. Without the wall, without the noise, you guys were creating the signage, the creativeness out there. This would not be happening. Nineteen turnovers turned into thirty one points by the Clippers. With Golden State having those nineteen turnovers, Clippers had sworny themselves. Golden State turned that into thirty points points in the paint was won by the Golden State Warriors forty to thirty two. Zoo had an off night. He was just three of eight, but but seventeen rebounds, four assists to one turnover. He had a big assist to Niko Batoum. First half, hit a three pointer on the right wing. As the feats of Zubox was falling to the floor. I thought there were some really special performances though off the bench, but to my mentioned three three pointers made, he hadn't had a game so far this season where he had made more than one in a game nine points with those three threes. Kevin Porter Junior, while struggling, had some big moments in the fourth quarter, including the and one. We hope he's okay. We'll give you an update. Look to hit the back of his head, went to the locker room, didn't come back in a mere coffee, of course, knocked down the free throw a mer went seven of eight at the charity stripe two threes, a big one after missing a wide open one. In the fourth quarter, he knocked down a huge three pointer fifteen points for a mere Terrence Man ten points. They don't win the game without him. His best game of the season tonight, big three pointer in the fourth, big dunk on Kyle Anderson. Clippers win one O two to ninety nine over the Golden State Warriors. Clippers next ball game coming up on Wednesday night. They're taking on the Orlando Magic. They don't get any easier. Tip off at seven thirty, just like tonight pregame at six thirty. Outside of Los Angeles, we are leaving you until then. But if you are listening on AM five to seventy LA Sports or at Clippers Talk on YouTube, do not go anywhere. We got you covered for the next forty five minutes or so.
Speaker 3: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended. Ge hoarding chudging. This has been Clippers locker Road, a postgame look at today's ski.
Speaker 2: Every game all season long.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio network, phoning in.
Speaker 2: You're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 4: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 3: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 4: All the Glitters is not gold Clippers take down the Golden State Warriors one O twos in ninety nine. Here into it. Don welcome back in. I'm out of Oslin. This is your Clippers TALC post game show here on A five seventy LA Sports and live on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk Clipper Nation. Huge victory. Best of the season is this or sin Antonio at into a dome. They took down Golden State up in San Francisco in their house. They hold on late after they don't score in the last two minutes and thirty seven seconds of this game. But the Clippers defense was good enough to withstand a flurry from Steph Curry in the second half. As expected, we all knew it was coming right. Steph Curry was going to find his shooting stroke eventually. I think he had just eight points in the first half. He had eighteen in the second half. But Golden State, on their forty four attempts from the outside, only hit sixteen of them, that is thirty six percent. Meanwhile, the Clippers clutched three after clutch three, especially down the stretch in the fourth quarter. Norman Powell led the Clippers with twenty three and had three of his five to three pointers where he went five of six from three in the ballgame in the fourth quarter, crushed it late with clutch shots. Storman Norman Powell again gamer ready for this moment, wanted it addition by subtraction. He said it. He called his shot and he put him through tonight against Golden State couldn't be happier. And how about some of those feeds from James Harden just caught him in rhythm each and every time James Harden finished with a season high or he tied a season high with sixteen assists, Just four of fifteen look gasted out there, missed a layup, aired a three. The shot wasn't there, but he was getting others involved finding a way. Avitza Zubas just three of eight from the field, but had seventeen boards and four assists and was plus twenty one in a game they ended up winning by three, and off the bench, a guy who's been much maligned so far this season, a guy who was put to the bench after starting their first twelve games. Terrence Man first eleven games, ten points, big three, near side corner in the fourth, big dunk to start the fourth on Kyle Anderson, and was a plus ten in his twenty three minutes, great defense, couple of steals, six assists, was right behind James Harden in that category. So many contributions a mere coffee twenty nine minutes, fifteen points and seven of eight of the charity stripe and the defense he played on Steph Curry down the stretch, got the rear view block. What a block. Best defensive play so far the season. Shades of Kawhi Leonard blocking SGA last season back at Crypto. My favorite defensive play of the season so far. After he just picked up a foul on Curry, he stayed aggressive defensively. He did not change his attitude, change his approach. He continued to dig his heels in and play stellar defense. You're gonna lose some battles against Steph, keep fighting through it. He did help win him the game, as did Clipper dation tonight. The home court advantage with the wall I think ended up getting this game across the finish line.
Speaker 7: For the Clippers.
Speaker 4: When you see a team with this many shooters miss this many shots at the charity stripe nine of nineteen is what the Golden State Warriors went under fifty percent from the field. They were missing left and right. Andrew Wiggins missed a couple. Draymond Green one of two, Johnathan Kamingo one of four, pods one of three. Unbelievable. I'm so proud of Clipper Nation tonight. You guys are establishing something here at into a Dome now, as the Clippers have won five straight and five in a row against Golden State for the first time since the mid eighties. This was as impressive as a home victory as they have had so far early on in their new home, and their first home down twenty six against San Antonio not bad either, that was their first victory head ind to it, don't. KPJ also made some huge plays down the stretch, and I hope he's okay because that and one critical. He has to leave the game look to have a head injury. A mere Coffee would come in and hit the free throw. When that happens the opposition when a guy leaves the ballgame like that and can't attempt the free throw, Golden State got to choose who they wanted to shoot it. They chose a mere Coffee and he stuck it to him. Love seeing that. But KPJ to the line earlier in the fourth quarter two. I know he had some rough plays, but that and one was huge. And he also had a block on Pozinski that was special a sign of things to come with a Mere Coffee block and Steph Curry later on. Steph didn't even contest it. He didn't pull the Draymond and say where's the fowl? Steph knew it right away. That was clean a mere coffee. Somebody told me the other day that he's not a good defender. I said, what what are you talking about. I may have to find the receipt if it was on the YouTube side, you know, I got it somewhere in the comment section, just waiting, just waiting for me. Cap Raw in the chat says KPJ block huge that was on pods. Jonathan Ing said it, Yeah, KPJ didn't have a great game at all, but he made some plays in the fourth quarter that helped win them the game. That's what it takes. Sometimes it's not always gonna be pretty, it's not gonna be perfect. It's just about doing enough against a very good team, the team that was ten and two at the top of the Western Conference in the Golden State Warriors. I still haven't got a response from my cousin, Big Mike up in NorCal. Golden State Warriors fan was talking all sorts of junk three days ago, saying how the Clippers were gonna lose, said it was a fluke, how they beat them up at Chase. Well, it just happened again. I don't think it's a fluke at this point. This Clippers team just had count them twenty nine assists after last night, having thirty second night of a back to back again, and they beat Golden State in that situation. The first time they were in Denver, they flew in the next day beat Golden State. Last night they stayed home. They took down the Utah Jazz. We thought the starters having to play heavier minutes to hold on in that victory would cost them tonight. It did not. They still beat Golden State. How about your LA clips. How about it? This team's gonna start turning some heads. This is a statement type of victory that they're overachieving right now, without a doubt, without Kawhi Leonard at eight and seven. At least, that's how the national media is going to frame it. They're better than people thought. And Mondo said, addition, by subtraction, let's stay above water. Clipper Nation. Cousin Big Mike is in shambles and in hiding as he always is after taking a big l nothing new here. This will be as Christmas present. I'll make sure to send him this podcast. I know he's not listening. Maybe he's like Tobias Funke and arrested development just fetal position in the bathtub with the water Runners. David Hanks said, really, except for the last two and a half minutes, Clippers really matched the Warriors, scoring in pace. Their defense was awesome. Their offense at times left something to be desired. I'm telling you, when teams ramp up their defensive intensity against the Clippers, it really shows that their deficiencies on the offensive end. When teams play at their best and give maximum effort against the Clippers, it slows down the Clippers offense. It shows there are flaws. We knew that though without Kawhi Leonard, without their best player, they still did it. You hold it teams in ninety nine points, and the Golden State Warriors, the fourth best offense in the league with the fourth best defense to match, you hold them to ninety nine awesome, awesome performance.
Speaker 1: Let's go to.
Speaker 4: What do we got? What do we got? What do we got? Hosean Southgate, jose and Southgate, You're up, start to stop without a mousele what's up?
Speaker 8: Adam? What's up?
Speaker 9: Big Mike Ween?
Speaker 10: You hear this man?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 10: Clipper Nation? Adam coming off of back to back, shout out the wall because the difference was defense and those missed free throws. I can't emphasize enough after it being seventy two seventy two, those free throws from coffee and that dunk by Man, those those has always been my favorite Clippers Shout out to everybody listen on an fight seventy Shout out to everybody on Clippers Talk.
Speaker 4: Let's go clap first, Jose and Southgate. Jay is the name in here in the chat. If you didn't know, I didn't know, comeing up next, well here postgame audio from coach Lou get back to your phone, calls eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven, two five seventy on a back to back, no less. And how about that three by a mere coffee to end the third quarter in the far side corner he gets foul. That might be the play of the game. Those three points, those three free throws, heatnocks down, had the Clippers winning by three one o two ninety nine, your final Clippers over the Golden State Warriors. Here it into a dome, a Madame Oslin and you're listening to a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iheartradiop.
Speaker 7: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers win one oh two to ninety nine over the Golden State Warriors. Here it into a Dome. Welcome back in They have won five straight here at home, their first home, their new home. Oh that fresh new arena smell. It's still here It into a dome and a fresh victory over the Golden State Warriors. They're two to zero against a Pac DIV rival and have won five straight overall against Golden State. That has not happened since the mid eighties. Impressive, impressive performance by your clip who hold on late and just find a way. Zubot's seventeen boards one short of a season high. Harden ties the season high with sixteen assists. James Harden still struggling with the shot, but was finding guys and dropping dimes left and right. Clippers did not score the last two minutes and thirty seven seconds. Golden State had the last seven points of the game, but they needed ten if they wanted this thing to go to ot did not happen. Uh, let's try a couple more calls here. I know you guys on the chat side can't hear them. I don't believe because I'm in it too a dome. When I'm in Burbank in the production studio, you can hear the calls not here, but I will kind of transcribe them for you. Alan in Silver Lake, Alan, you're on Clippers Stop without Males and Highland.
Speaker 11: Hi, Adam.
Speaker 9: You know I'm also a member as well.
Speaker 11: And you know Golden State shot forty percent in the free throw line in the first half, forty percent they.
Speaker 4: Shot for from the game, Alan, I think the wall. You guys were making a difference.
Speaker 11: All night, and you know I agree with you, and I was gonna say, you know, that's not an accident. Not only did he sid Baumber built that wall, he sold those tickets us at a very fair price, including parking. The reason you have crazy people standing there screaming is a really great executive decision and it is winning games.
Speaker 12: It is amazing to watch tonight.
Speaker 4: Alan. They don't win without the wall. This was the difference maker in a three point game like this with them missing ten free throws. One of the better shooting teams in the league. Incredible, Alan, you guys Clipper Nation, you had your fingerprints all over this victory. I appreciate the phone call Alan, Mike in La. You're on Clipper stoft without I'm ausle.
Speaker 8: Crazy end of the game, but great game.
Speaker 3: I think this is this is one.
Speaker 8: Where the basketball gods just said, hey, you know what, guys who played you know the first forty five forty six minutes really great.
Speaker 12: Coming off second night of a back to back, and yes, you do.
Speaker 8: Have the wall, so we're gonna, you know, we're gonna give you a little bit of luck here.
Speaker 12: On some of those misshots at the end.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: You felt like that right, They actually were, fortunately because Steph Curry that was a tough shot. He was well defended. But Gary Payton the second on a mad scramble for the offensive rebound, was wide open and missed.
Speaker 8: He had a shot, He had a look. He had a good look. Curious as to what your impressions are so far A mobomba, I think I mean, at least to me, he looked better than I thought he would be.
Speaker 4: So Curry, I'll give him to you here Mike in La. He wants to know about Mobamba chat my first impressions of him. Thank you for the phone call, Mike. He's a regular here on Clipper Talk eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. I like him, man. All he's got to do is play with energy, and he ended up was just three points into seven minutes, but two steals, two boards. He's capable of more. That's the thing Mobamba can give you.
Speaker 7: Mole.
Speaker 4: He had a dunk off a James Harden dish, then a block to start the second a third quarter block on Kaminga. If he protects the ram and just is a serviceable backup for this team, they really got something. And I've been saying all summer, I am really intrigued with this pickup because I don't think a team has gotten the most out of Mobamba yet yet. This Clippers team might. I don't think he has reached his ceiling. I don't think he has maximized his potential yet, but I think he's gonna get there. I love the coaching staff with Jeff Van Gundy now, I just feel like they're bringing out the best guys. The one on one defense. I don't know if there's been a better defensive Clippers team when it comes to perimeter defense. And Kawhi is not even back yet, and that's incredible. Now Obama only played seven minutes tonight. I'm guessing what they said was okay, he was on a minit restriction last night. We don't know what it was. He only played fifteen. He said there could he could have played more, but maybe because it's a back to back and he just returned from the knee injury. They said, okay, you got seven to ten minutes, and he hit seven. So just the fact he was able to play, we weren't even sure earlier in the day if that was going to happen. All right, let's go, Jake, leave it into a dome, big.
Speaker 3: Brother, j Let's go.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what it is great win at the Dumb I think Kevin Porter Junior was great.
Speaker 5: I hope he's okay.
Speaker 8: It's great to see Mobamba in your rotation taking down the number one Golden Lawyers.
Speaker 4: Jake, appreciate the phone call, my friend. I can tell you may have been losing your voice a little bit tonight. I'm sure you were doing some screaming tonight, My friend, you affected this game. You helped the Clippers win this ball game. They do not win it without Clipper Nation because Golden State travels. They got a ton of fans. Of course, a bunch of people jump on when a team wins four championships in the span of eight years or whatever. It was, so congrats to them, but Clipper Nation made sure they were not out number tonight.
Speaker 1: Whole great to see, great to see.
Speaker 4: That's deepest I've seen. Sure, I love it. Jake become a regular here on Clippers Talk. Clippers win one two to ninety nine over the Golden State Warriors. I'm just gonna flip the computer around right now and show you guys the wall. It's bacon at the moment, but that wall was putting in big work tonight. They got Golden State to miss ten free throws in a three point game. Incredible. The wall is working from the window to the damn wall. Clippers win one o two to ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Over the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 4: Hey, big brother Jake, that was little brother Jake there calling Big brother Jake. Warner did say the Clippers are winning this game. Midway through, I don't know the third quarter or something like that. While Steph was starting to put him in too. I give him credit. Now did he have Norton Powell as his player to watch like I did?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 4: Everyone could and now they look could disdain here. Quick time out, Quick time out Clipper Nation uh eight six six ninet eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number still waiting to hear from my cousin, Big Mike. Amazing. He had a lot of wind in his jaws to quote Petros Papadakis before this game and has said nothing since I texted him. Take another l big mic immediately afterwards. These nor cow guys running from the smoke. Oh wait a second, I'm from there. The more Clippers stock coming up next. You're already five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Best fans invest arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio back.
Speaker 7: To Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Tear it into it. Dom. You hear the music, you know what time it is? Join the show would be big Wait? Am I reading this right? It's not Will, It's Chuck Maugler, Charles, you're coming on after a win.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 12: You know, sometimes when you get your second win against the best team of the conference, things gott to change out. You gotta shake things up.
Speaker 4: Sometime people in the chat are saying will Updikes on some load management or something like that right now. But uh, this Clippers team, I mean, I can't say enough about having to fight through some poor offensive execution late and win it with your defense and a little bit of luck on some missed three pointers, of course, but to beat Golden State twice now when they've only lost three games all season, the other ones of Cleveland Cavaliers, this was a special victory. I feel like the national media is going to start picking up on what this team is putting down.
Speaker 12: They'd so the Clippers did get like you have some three players and some pre throws. I do appreciate the word.
Speaker 4: No, look that's the wall, baby, that's the wall all there.
Speaker 12: It was effective. It was effective in that first half. No, this is a win that I mean, you hold a team that I believe was top ten in offensive, raigning the ninety nine points just defensively. That should get the national media talking, if if only defense was maybe held in such a high regard as offense was. We'll see what happens with that. But I mean this team like they were never. I don't think they trailed in this game right, like it never.
Speaker 4: I mean they had an early like three to two lead or something like that. That was it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, But the Clippers, I mean he never wavered right, Like there was a time late in the fourth or late in the third it got really dicey, and then very late in the fourth he got incredibly dicey. But I mean the team never really slipped too hard, right. I really liked that lineup that was a hardened Terrence, Amir Nico and Zoo Tonight. Like, I think I hope Tyler found some stuff from this this game, because it feels like he could have pulled some good nuggets out of this one.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping Terrence Man's found some stuff with this performance too. Was getting rewarded playing late, playing big, hitting some big shots, having a big throwdown. We've been waiting for that breakout performance that gets him going. Maybe with the big shots he was able to get in the fourth quarter, this is it. He'll be able to shrink together some really quality performances.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I he thrives in chaos. So I think anytime something weird happens in a game or something to kind of make it off kilter, that Terrence is going to do well. But yeah, I mean the dunk was huge, the aggressive on the on the fast break, he had another one of those, which was really nice. And if he took six threes in this game, like I genuinely don't know the last time that happened, for even just the aggression is good.
Speaker 4: To say six threes. I didn't even realize that, my goodness. And he missed one in the fourth that he forced over steph Curry after he could have taken it earlier in the shot clock he didn't. Then he felt like he had to take it. He misses that one, but then they gave it right back to him a few possessions later and he sunk it. I think it was off a pass from James Harden, who finished with sixteen assists. He played forty one minutes on the second night of a back to back. Incredible. You could see it in his legs, going four to fifteen from the field. But I mean sixteen assists ties a season high for him, and I think at least two and maybe all three of those threes by Norn Powell in the fourth quarter were assisted from James Harden. They don't win it without him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the defense was collapsing on it really late, and for some reason, I can't imagine that Steve Kerr scouting report said don't worry about Norm Powell on the perimeter in the fourth quarter, but they weren't doing that. They really didn't seem to care that Norm was running free on the perimeter, which we were all, I'm sure totally okay with. But yeah, Harden putting up forty minutes on those legs and we saw this almost really come back to bout the Clippers, right because Amir is the one who's bringing that ball up on the last possession instead of James Harden, and the things almost get even more interesting this game, maybe going to overtime or something like that. But I don't know where they steal a rest for James Harden coming up. They have two really tough matchups, but we just kind of hope he gets over that sickness that he got in Houston.
Speaker 4: According to Tyler, Clippers win one two to ninety nine over the Golden State Warriors. They don't win the game without Amir Coffee. They aren't eight and seven without a mere coffee. Everybody was talking about this summer to get Jordan minutes, a mere coffee might have to be the guy to sacrifice. It's only lit more of a fire underneath him, like he needed it, because this is a guy who has been a tough competitor, and I thought the last two games he has played some incredible defense yesterday against Jordan Clarkson at times and then to night against Steph Curry. You're not gonna win all the battles, but you just got to keep fighting, and that's what he did.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's a guy who, if you look at his career trajectory, has kind of always had to be that, which is really admirable. And he brings a nice presence of the Clippers locker room. He's been he's one of the longest tenured Clippers. I'm just throster weirdly enough. But no, the efficiency wasn't really there tonight from him, but he had some disruptive defensive plays which probably had him starting or excuse me, which probably had him finishing this game over Chris Down, which I thought was you know, maybe could have gone either way. But Tyler once again playing the hot hand very well as he has all seasons and kind of going with a mirror late there. But hats off through the ear. He's probably the best three point shooter off the bench right now. Lot Murray mentioned that on Twitter. I think I agree with him. So there's gonna be some difficult rotation questions coming up once Kawhi Leonard is doing more than shooting a basketball.
Speaker 4: A bit and he still had fifteen points on just eight shots because he knocked down almost everything at the charity stripe like that. That's incredible. And he hit that free throw after Kevin Porter Junior went into the locker room on the and one, and those three free throws to end the third quarter. That was a mere coffee. They win by three. It's just incredible that how consequentialll that prove to be?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was, I mean happy he was able to hit him. Hope KPJ's head is okay. And that was also a pretty brutal looking fall that he took. But yeah, Amir, Amir and Terrence are kind of these two chaos guys right when things are kind of up in the air, for the Clippers. These guys consistently step up, be it through timely buckets or be it through through you know, a fifty ninety month or something like that.
Speaker 4: Amer can have Clippers win one on two to ninety nine over the Golden State Warriors. He is Chuck Mockler for little Clips and double Dip. Here on Clippers Talk, Charles will talk to you tomorrow with the big three back together for a Clips and Dip episode.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, let's go clips coming up.
Speaker 4: Final segment, Clippers win by three as Golden State thankfully missed a couple of decent looks. Any look for Steph Curry is a decent look, Gary Payton. The second was wide open. It was a mess late, it was a mad scramble. Hey, the Clippers put themselves in a position where they could still win a game that started to go a ride like that. I guess Clippers now eight and seven on the season. They have won five straight here and into it Dome. They're back here against the Orlando Magic Wednesday Night. More Clippers coming up next year on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: While back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wild West Clippers win one O two to ninety nine in the wild Wild West, over the Dubs, the Golden State Warriors. Welcome back in big victory. Clipper Nation, hold on late, don't score the last two minutes and thirty seven seconds, No matter. Defense was good enough. Big block by mere Coffee on Steph Curry to help secure this thing. Mitch leaving the ballgame, Mitch, you're a Clipper stock without a mazld.
Speaker 9: Hey, Adam, a couple of things. Just want to say, big win for Clipper Nation. I didn't get to hear about Porter Junior, but hope he's okay. So that guy looks like a rabbit on the defensive end, reminds me of a JJ Reddick on the offensive ends. Just keeps going a little energizer. And then the last thing you talked about the wall. I think the only chicken sandwich Clipper Nations got this year is from Kevin Durant missing two.
Speaker 4: I'm out Mitch talking about the in its effectiveness, and Steve Kerr postgame said quote, our guys got to get in the gym, get in a rhythm, get their confidence from the line. For sure, when you miss ten free throws in a game, you lose by three, that is brutal, La Murray said, and this comes from Toronto Loo. Postgame, he clarified that because Porter was checked for a concussion, he was able to pick Porter's free throw replacement. That's a new rule. I didn't realize that. I was wondering why the Golden State Warriors would pick a mere coffee. Any other kind of injury absent absence opponents get to pick. So because it was him being checked for a concussion, the Clippers got to pick. That's that's new to me. We still don't have an update. Hoping for the best for Kevin Porter Junior. Really a heroic and one shot where he hit the back of his head afterwards, a mere coffee had to finish off the end one for him. Yeah, it wasn't necessarily pretty down the stretch. I get it. You had the turnover by Norman Palell out of the time out the thirty five seconds left, Curry missed a game tying three, Draymond Green almost threw the ball away, then Gary Payton the second on a mad Scramble found it and missed the game, tying three. Typically in those situations, it feels like they always go against you, where there's just a wild play like that, everybody's out of position, balls bouncing around like a plint coach chip. Those tend to lead to misery. Not tonight. Clippers may have gotten away with one on that possession, but they put themselves in a position to have something like that happen and go in their favor. That's why I'm happy about this team, Jonathan Ing said. Three D said that the NBA TV broadcast mirror was shooting KPJ's free throws. Oh oh. He described that they were able to pick their own guy because it was concussion protocols. Jay said, well either way, Jose and Southgate is Jay. We got to see a dub over the dubs. What to do by Bear? Yeah? Why boys? Is somebody hating on Aviza Zoo bas tonight? I don't want to see that. If it's here, it's probably from a guy I already muted. I can't take it. Oh, Jonathan Ing said, I'm glad Adam Richard is not in the chat tonight. He would be hating on Zoo or James Harden. Some people just can't handle those winning ways. Drive by Buddy says, the game had me on the edge. Go Clippers. We will have Clippers talk after dark. Coming up for you guys a little bit later. Some of the other key plays late in the fourth quarter a mere coffee. I want to see what he ended up scoring in the fourth alone, because he had a huge three pointer but also got to the line a ton and I'm curious to see what he was at in the fourth quarter scoring wise for your Los Angeles Clippers. Let's see eight. So he ends up with fifteen, so that would be he had seven points in the fourth big that helped out as Norman Powell had nine points in the fourth quarter. All nine points came from three pointers. Norman Powell left the game with a hamstring issue. He came back and immediately had to skip to my lou like layups right at the basket. Carlo and I were like, Okay, I guess Norm's all right? The tiger baumb whatever? What was put on Daniel LaRusso?
Speaker 1: What was used there?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm watching Copra Kai right now. I know it's not not over yet. Well, I'm just saying he healed so fast?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 4: And then I started thinking about the Seinfeld episode. You don't ever use the tiger bomb or whatever it was that healed. The coffee stain. Ooh, the coffee stain that hit Kramer. Yeah, Okay, I'm getting off track. Clippers win one, O two to ninety nine. I'm here coffee coffee over. The Golden State Warriors hearing into it though. They're back on Wednesday taking on the Orlando Magic tip off, same time, seven thirty pregame shows starting at six thirty. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Steve Balmer are building this magnificent palace, this cathedral to basketball, and for the idea of the wall which was put to get used tonight. Golden State missus ten free throws, Big Things, of course is always to Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, Noah Ego, Carlojman is on the call, Big Brother, Jake Warner, our head engineer, Katie Newton back in the bank, Callers, listeners, chatters. We'll talk to you later tonight on Clippers Talk after Dark outside of Clippers Talk on YouTube. We'll be back here on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 3: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 6: Clippers Talk maybe KLAC KYSR HD two Los.
Speaker 3: Angeles Walk Listen on your free iHeartRadio app for all the sports talk podcasts and newsday free. Never sounded so good.