Speaker 1: It's nice with Dan Ray Undells Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we are talking about a piece in the Boston Globe today which is extraordinary, a great piece of journalism, number one, number one, number two. It is a piece of journalism that you might not expect from the Boston Globe because it calls to task the Healthy administration. And for those of you who live in Boston, or for those of you who live in New England, you understand this. But this is a newspaper which is primarily very friendly to Democratic incumbents and even Democratic candidates. And I say hats off to the Boston Globe for basically saying that this administration, the Healthy administration, has not been forthcoming, has not been transparent, has held up information that the public should have about the migrant crisis here in Massachusetts, about where they are being housed, much money is being spent. Information can be released without putting anyone in danger. I guarantee you that people in communities like Rockland and communities like Taunting, where there are in Norfolk, for example, where there are shelters, people know where those shelters are. In those shelters, they need to have adequate security and protection and no one is suggesting that those individuals who are taking advantage of that generosity should be in any way harassed or bothered. However, the people who are paying for that generosity, taxpayers in Massachusetts, have a right to know how the money's being spent, in what way it's being spent, who it's being spent on, who's benefiting it from it, Because the people who are benefiting it from it beyond the migrants are the owners of the hotels, either individuals or corporations, the owners of the taxi cab companies who are benefiting for the no bid contracts, the owners of the restaurants we're providing food, the owners of the laundry services. That's what we're talking about. Okay, it's as simple as that. Hats off to the Globe, Hats off to Stephanie Ebert, or Ebert and Dedre Fernandez, the two writers on the Globe staff who wrote this piece in the Globe today. I can be critical of the Globe, as you know I can be, but at the same time, in fairness and in the spirit of honesty, you got to take your hats off to them. We're going to get back to the calls we now have Pauline who has joined us, and I'm sure she is off the speakerphone. Pauline, welcome back, Good evening.
Speaker 3: Dan, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: You are more than welcome. Thank you.
Speaker 3: This is what I want to share, Pauline. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Pauline, I'm sorry I missed what you said. There for a second, slow down, did you say you've gotten can?
Speaker 3: I can barely hear you up, very hard of hearing, so I'm sorry I don't hear you. I want to share with you in irony that you might not know about. Has a motel which is housed by migrants. It was one of the first residents anywhere. It's probably been going on for over a year. But earlier this evening. In the last two days, you've talked about Nashova Valley Medical Center, which is also an air The governor is paying for the hotels the residents in the motel, but can't come up with the same amount of money to save our hospital. And I think that's an important irony that I would like more coverage about.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I hope you can hear me. I agree with you. It is ironic that the Nashova Valley Medical Center is likely to be closed by the end of the month, while millions of dollars are probably being spent at the hotel and air to house people. I couldn't agree with you more and I'm so glad you called. Is this your first time calling?
Speaker 3: It's the first time I've called you. I've talked to your predecessors of things I thought I would share because I think you are. The three first time callers were all man, and I thought you needed a female in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I must tell you the four callers before you were named. I lean from wal Dam, I leaned from how Pauline, yourself and Kathy, and now you're coming back. So we're running a streak here of four female callers, and we had we have a very good share of females who call nightside. We get about thirty five percent of our callers are female. I wish it was fifty to fifty. But I think a lot of women callers, for some reason, aren't as anxious to talk about politics as guys are. It's like guys at the bar. They're always ready to jump in and talk about politics or sports, and women are a little more refined. In many respects and even I would say more intell than a lot of men. But I want I encourage people of all backgrounds, of all you know, all types of backgrounds to participate in the call.
Speaker 3: I certainly appreciate the compliment for our women out here. We do listen to you all the time. I'm sure a very good friend of mine has been in touch with your producer about the Nashoba Valley Medical Center issue several times. Yes, but I think if you could have lightning look into the motel thing and link them up, that would make for a most interesting discussion.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree with you, and I'm glad we've opened it up. And I hope there are more people who are up in your neck of the woods right now, up in the air Orange, you know, Fitchburg area, Lemonster area. That affects more than people just from air, but all those surrounding communities up there, and I hope they will call in and support what you're saying, because you're right, it is it's it's almost well, it is sad. It's almost tragic that money that could be used could have been used to save that medical center. And the Connie Hospital by the way in Boston has been spent on people who we have encouraged to come here and we didn't have the wherewithal to take care of them. We're now evicting people. So the Healey administration has upset people like yourself by inviting people to come here, and now people who are huge advocates for the migrants are upset with the Healthy administration because they're starting to evict these poor people. I mean, it's like inviting someone to come for.
Speaker 3: Any will be transporting injuries or necessary services for anyone living at the motel two far away hospitals, making those ambulances not available for the taxpayers of air. It's such a quagmire, it really is. I don't know who let this happen, but it needs to be addressed.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you who let it happen.
Speaker 3: Dement of public health at Devon's. Hopefully there will be some resolution. They met with the Carnie folks the other night and it didn't go well. But I think we will have a different representation tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I hope you do. But I will tell you who. I hope you can hear me. I will tell you who let it happen. The leadership, the political leadership on Beacon Hill, a Democratic governor, a Democratic Senate president, and a Democratic House speaker. They should have amended that law a couple of years ago and should have should have been small enough to say, look, eventually, this wave of migrants is going to come to Massachusetts and it's going to adversely affect our citizens. Can we provide some help for individuals to find their way here? Maybe? Maybe, but they're not going to be given the priority, and they're not going to be living in hotels that we're paying three hundred or three hundred and fifty dollars a night for or forever, simple as that. I hope, Pauline, you continue to call the program, and I hope you tell your friends about Night Side. I have spent three nights this week talking about the Stewart crisis. I'm happy I have done that, and I'm happy that you have linked the crisis as it impacts air on the Nishoba Valley Medical Center with what we're talking about this hour. Thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Dan, appreciate your your time.
Speaker 2: You bet youa we'll talk again.
Speaker 4: Call again.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much. We'll take a break. There's one line at six one seven two five, four, ten thirty, and there are two lines at six one seven, nine, three one, ten thirty. I would like to see these phone lines just lit up. It's easy to get in right now. But this is an important subject. And please please realize that the Globe has done a story today that involved real journalism, real journalism, and I commend them for it. And I hope you'll join me, whether you're a Globe subscribe are not. The fact of the matter is this is great journalism. It is it was necessary, it's it is something that I am very happy to see and pleasantly surprised by. And I suspect that in the Governor's office tonight they are not very happy realizing we're talking about this, and that the Globe has informed their readers of this. A lot of the readers on the Globe, some of them probably going to be upset with the Globe. But that's fine. That's what happens when you're a real journalist. We'll be back on Night's Side. Got some lines open, Feel free, We're coming back right after this.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We just had two lines drop off. I don't understand why people seem to be so impatient. I'm trying to give people an opportunity to express themselves, but some of you who are on the line have seemed to drop off. Now, if you've lost contact with us, call us back as Pauline did, and we will put you back at the head of the queue. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three ten thirty. Let me go next to Dawn in Arlington. Gone, you were next on nice side. Go right, a hit, sirup and darn.
Speaker 5: Just a question. I'd use you for an example. I live in Abington. I would like to go to the MOTECH school. You live in the shelter. They got an opening one who's going to get it? You from the shelter on me? That's a regular resident.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. By the way, do you actually live in Abingdon Yeah, I misread it. And by the way, my mistake I introduce you is down from Arlington. I don't want to confuse people, that's my mistake. Well, I would hope, I would hope that if you're a fourteen year old kid, obviously you're not and you're applying to to go to a voke tech school in Abington, that you would get priority over some student who has arrived here two months ago.
Speaker 5: But I must be.
Speaker 2: Honest with you, I have no confidence that that is the way it would work out, because I think they might say, well, they're all students, now, they're all unequal footing, let's let's put their names in a hat and see whose name we draw out.
Speaker 5: But the name didn't go in the hat. They were told that they have to take this one.
Speaker 2: Really. Oh, now you're you're not asking me about a hypothetical. You're you're telling me about I know that.
Speaker 5: Wow, And it wasn't in Abington. I did change some locations.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's okay. That is that's that's legitimate. In Kingston, well I Kidston, if I'm not mistaken, does have a shelter and so hear of the.
Speaker 5: Old Howard Johnson's Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know there's an example. Look, can you imagine if you're a kid in high school, or for that matter, a kid in middle, middle school or elementary school, and all of a sudden you have a lot of these these students who are now going to become your classmates, and they don't speak English. It's not their fault that they don't speak English, they've never been taught English. But the class is going to the classes are going to be slowed down, and the amount of subjects that, you know, subject matter that can be taught, obviously is going to have to be slowed down. So students who live in these communities, they they will suffer the consequences.
Speaker 5: And the shell is going to be short term shelter five days.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, a lot of them they say it's short term. Uh, and they just don't know that. Look, in some cases, the the the the bureaucrats, if you will, they don't know, and so they're guessing. And in some cases the bureaucrats lie because if they're facing a hostile crowd, as they faced in Norfolk and elsewhere, there's a lot of bureaucrats will say, oh, this is only gonna be tempory. It'll be thirty days and everything will be back to normal. No, they know, down deep, this is this is so unfair. And by the way, you won't have you will find there will be no shelters in places like Dover and Sherbourne and Weston and Whaland and Wellesley, all of the upper crust communities are going to be spared this. It's going to be in places like Taunted and places like Quinsy, and places like Rockland and places like Abington.
Speaker 5: And no, no, we won't get it, Dan, we will not get it.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you're you're lucky. What I'm saying is.
Speaker 5: The hotel. We don't have public transportation and we don't have one hotel one.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you're fine, but you're you're fine. Let's let's hope that they don't find that there's some sort of public building to use them. All right, don look, I I appreciate, I appreciate your call. And it's good to know that this this it does really unfair injustice we've talked about. And whoever, if there is, if that student's family wants to be on this show and talk about it, if they happen to be listening, give me a call, tome On. We'll have them on, simple.
Speaker 5: As that, because it isn't me but my family.
Speaker 2: Okay, well have that person call, Have that person call me and and and we'll put them on and we'll talk about it, as simple as that. Because if they don't call their their their son or daughter, whoever's been denied admittance. Uh in you know, and and we're based he said, Hey, you you, as a citizen, are a second rate applicant for a vote for position in a vote tech school. That's just one.
Speaker 5: Things are going different now than when with the kid.
Speaker 2: Now, well you know what, they always seem to go different. But but if we don't stand up and address them, don Thank you so much for your call. It was excellent. I appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: And that that is the truth to him, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Get I got it done. I really do appreciate your call. Thank you much. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, triple eight nine two nine ten thirty. I have wide open lines here, and I'll tell you what I'm going to do. If you are not interested in talking about this subject, and you're not interested in, uh in commending the Globe for taking a position which I'm sure is going to put them at odds with the Healy administration, then we'll go to open lines at eleven thirty. It's as simple as that, this is a really important subject, okay. Uh. If if you are sitting at home tonight and saying, you know, I really agree with what Dan's saying, but I don't want to call, or or maybe Mommy. Someone's gonna hear my voice and they're gonna look at me differently tomorrow because they've called. No, this is the time to join a chorus and say, first of all, the Globe did real journalism today. Okay. I don't think the Globe. Not too often do I commend the Globe. But this is on the front page of the Globe, page one above the fold, and it's a great piece of journalism that I would not expect to find in the Globe. Frankly, Okay, So I'm asking you to express your opinions. We've had a whole bunch of people in the last hour. I don't know if we're having trouble with our phone lines. Maybe we are. People have called, they've been up, and they drop off. I want to give people a chance to express themselves. That's the purpose of Nightside. If this subject is boring to you, if this subject is not something that's of interest to you, oh that's fine. We can go ahead and we can we can go open lines in the next half hour. I prefer not to six point seven, triple eight, nine, ten thirty. Let me go to Jim in Vermont. Jim, we don't get many calls from Vermont. I am thrilled to hear your voice tonight, Gorett Ahead.
Speaker 6: Jim, how's missive voice of sensibility doing tonight?
Speaker 2: The voice of reason is what my moonicer is.
Speaker 6: Well, I think you have the most sensible show on the radio. But anyway, so Discipilia, we didn't. We're not dealing with as much of the migrant problem up here as you ride down there. We are dealing with transparency problems. We've had a homeless problem up here for many years. Sure, Vermont is a very very lucrative welfare state. People come here for all the handouts. We always rate ranked top ten in the country for the dollar value which you can get with all your benefits. And christ you know we have a drug problem. In like Massachusetts, we have a very liberal state management. And you know they're all about the handouts.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're you're the home of Brunie Sanders and uh and and Patrick Lahey.
Speaker 6: I think don't hold against me. Now we have a Becka ba Lant for a congresswoman who's she's all about the typical you know, left agenda. Well, you know, at the Punch, the punch list of climate, climate action, homelessness, portable housing, the same thing they always talk about all of that. Absolutely anyways, So you know, we we spent seventy five million dollars last year housing, uh, housing the homeless. And you know it's a big burden on the state because they don't just get to They just don't get a hotel room. They get their meals, they get the EBT card, they get if they can, get a free cell phone if they have to, the state will give them iPads, you know, so they can look for jobs. Supposedly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I'm sure there's a lot of jobs seeking going on there. I don't think so. What about free laundry. I hope they get their laundry done at the hotel.
Speaker 6: Well I'm not sure about that part, but I.
Speaker 2: Know Massachusetts they get free laundry. So I'm telling you right now you should tell everybody and vermant who's up there as a migrant that they're missing out on free laundry. Come down to Massachuset. We got great hotels down here. We give them food, we give them ABD cards, we give them a cell phone, and we do their laundry. For them, you know, help the bird.
Speaker 6: There are a big burden on services up here because you know, they just do ache the drug problem, the overdoses. I mean in Burlington, for example, the fire department has full time crews sitting downtown just to deal with the overdoses, sitting at the park, you know, they on overtime. And then the police, you know, the hotels that are housing these people, they're they're you know, they're nothing but trouble the police between the drug dealing, the fighting, the prostitution, all that stuff that's happened in these hotels. Well, one thing the state is doing and again we don't have the money to fix the roads. We just got a fourteen percent property tax increase across the board everybody, which you know they will overwhelmingly voted for him and high five each other. That under the dome is that they're buying hotels and they're converting them into permanent housing for people. And I don't know what the money is coming from to pay for it, but they're doing it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you we have found in Massachusetts our governor, Governor Healey has said, you know, this is not our problem. It's the federal government's problem to some extensions, correct there, But she has a Democratic president in the House, in the in the White House who has maintained and a vice president and you know in the Naval Observatory who who has said for years the borders are secure. Their borders aren't secure, They're wide open. And Governor Heally has asked for some financial help from the federal government and the answers have been crickets. And as a matter of fact, the federal government has said, no, we've run out of money. We have no money. We in Massachusetts have to balance the budget. Eventually, taxes will be going up. Well they have gone up in Massachusetts. We have the millionaires tax now and it will be going up across the board. And what will happen is more and more people who are who contribute workers, they're going to get up and leave. They're going to go to place is like Tennessee and South Carolina, Texas and Florida. That's that's the trend in this country.
Speaker 6: Well, it's all it's all intentional, Dan, you know that. I mean, if it wasn't, but they wouldn't be flying these migrants in the middle of the night when flights normal don't come into Logan. Okay, this is all planned.
Speaker 2: Well, they were all upset with Governor DeSantis of Florida who flew I think it was about thirty six migranes up and and and did it openly and publicly. They will they prosecutors, the one who would try to indict the governor of Florida, and yet they do it under the cover of darkness and they don't tell anyone. Again, no transparency, and there's no criticism. This article in the Globe, If if you have access to the Global article, the headline is, you can just go to Google Boston Globe. Heal the administration withholds key information about hotel contracts.
Speaker 6: And they're all doing it. You know, they're all They're all all the all these left UH states are doing it. And I said it's intentional. So one things this is interesting. If they really care about secure board. You take Governor Abbert Texas, he took measures to prevent them from crossing the rivers. Okay, he put in those bullys. Why would if he's taking measures to prevent illegal immigration across his state in New Mexico, why would Why would Biden I threaten him if he did not remove this. If Biden really cared about border security, he should be patting them on the.
Speaker 5: Back for well.
Speaker 2: First, first of all, Biden that never cared about border security, which is one of the reasons that the American public turned their back on Biden. Neither does the Vice president the czarina of the of the border. Okay, they looked at this as look, the Democrats are losing support amongst traditional Democratic their traditional Democratic base. They are losing support amongst Hispanic voters, their losing support amongst black voters. All the polls show that they need to find another wellspring of potential voters. And they thought this ten or eleven million people could be a well spring of voters.
Speaker 6: She's She's not a solution. She's just as bad as no.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, at this point, I kind of imagine how Democrats are going to uh support with with any uh with any excitement uh Kamala Harris, because remember she ran in twenty twenty and she was out of the race literally before the first vote was counted. She has one denomination, by the way, without ever having announced for the presidency, without ever securing a vote, without ever holding a news conference, without ever having a campaign office, anywhere. I'm calling this the immaculate nomination. I mean, it's incredible, it's incredible. Hey, I got to run here, my my producer, my new producers yelling at me. But that's okay. Jim, call more often, will you?
Speaker 6: I need to hear you talking.
Speaker 2: You good to talk.
Speaker 5: Thanks, I'm good night.
Speaker 2: I have a great one. The only line that's open is six one seven. My new producer is doing a great job. Uh. And Jim kintanno. Uh. And he's keeping me on my toes, which is what he's supposed to. Dan Cantano, excuse me. I was thinking about Jim and Vermont. I apologize. I apologize, Dan, it's been a little confusing the last hour or so. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Let me go next to Rick and Bill Ricca. Rick next on Nightside, go on.
Speaker 7: Head swir Hey, Dan, how are you hey? I'm listening to your show. To not I had a half a container of ice cream. Probably wasn't the greatest idea, but it was it was good. And uh, I do care what you're talking about. I really can't comment too much about it because I haven't read the articles, but I'm glad the Hailey administration is being put under a microscope these actions, and you know I care, I don't know. Well, I'm right there.
Speaker 2: With him, obviously everybody should care. I'm delighted that the Globe has basically held the Healy administration's feet to the fire, as well as putting their actions under a microscope, because that's what journalism is supposed to be all about. I understand that their editorial page is supportive and has been supportive of the governor, which is fine, that's their decision. But this is really a huge story, in my opinion, for the Globe to basically call this administration out for not only being less than forthcoming with information that should be available, but also pointing out and I think pointing out rightfully. So there's one comment in here they talk about that they tried to get information. They said the state classifies any sort of media involvement in its shelter system a serious incident, requiring that the provider file a report with the housing agency as they would for police, fire or ambulance cause or if there was an accident that triggered a hospital admission. The result has been uncommon security and suspicion by providers. In May, a Globe reporter who tried to interview the owner of a motor large along Route one in Saugus was issued a no trespass order and told to stay off the property. I mean, that's something that's pretty Nixonian. I hate to say that, but that's something that you know, Richard Nixon might have thought about. Boy, if we can, if we can issue no trespass orders to reporters, that'll keep them in their place. This is itathetical to the free exercise of the First Amendment. When you're threatening reporters with no trespass orders.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say that you're on the you're on the money there, and uh, well I'm glad.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Usually the Globe is more protective.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: If I could say more protective of it.
Speaker 2: I would agree. They're very protective of the right.
Speaker 7: The Herald's Mary paper.
Speaker 2: This is the type of story that you would have expected to see in the Herald. It would still be good journalism in the Herald because it's seeking the truth. That's what journalism is supposed to be about. But to have this in the Globe.
Speaker 7: Hats off to the Globe, well exactly. And you you you were an investigative reporter on On and your TV days, which I remember a lot.
Speaker 2: I did stories which I'm happy to tell you put bad people in jail, and I did stories that got innocent people out of jail. And I I'm that is of what I'm most proud in.
Speaker 7: My career, and you should be proud. And I and there was a YouTube video of I don't know if I should say it, but well, it looks like you won the fight on this YouTube video. I guess someone gave you the business and you it's possible you might have you know, lights may have been punched out. I don't know I saw it. I can't find it now. Well you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but if you call me off ear, Rob or Dan will give you my phone number. There were a few times when when you know, I had to assert myself as a television reporter. And yes, I never got my lights punched out. And I don't think I ever punched anyone's lights out, but no one pushed me around.
Speaker 7: But I think you won in this particular video that I saw. But this got to go back forty.
Speaker 2: Oh that might have been. I know what you're talking about, dude, you're talking about it was a New Year's Eve in nineteen eighty when there was a drunk woman on New Year's Eve who tried to put herself between me and them, between me and my camera, and that is a that's a mortal sin. And I had to I had to push her out of the way. And I figured, oh my god, I'm going to be dealing with the drunk boyfriend who's going to come at me with a bottle.
Speaker 7: That didn't happen, And yeah, he probably is nineteen eight because I think you had those massive glasses everyone had, and you know.
Speaker 2: I wear I wasn't wearing glasses in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, well yeah, all the big people bore those big glasses. I think even Dean Martin did in it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll maybe maybe you're talking about another reporter that I no.
Speaker 3: No, thanks, Mike, to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Great to talk with you as quick break here at Nightside. I got one line at six one seven, two five four ten thirty and two at six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Sounds to me like there's a lot of people who don't want to give the Globe credit tonight. And if you're not willing to give the Globe credit on this story and you've read the story, shame on you. If you're not willing to give the Globe credit, find it and read it and you'll be I think you'd be willing to give it credit. We'll be back on night Side. Got some room for you if you want coming back on nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back we go. We got full lines. It's great. That's great. Oh, let me go to Christina in Dedham who wants to talk about the hospital.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Christina, Hi, it's Christina. How are you again?
Speaker 2: Like Christina, good to hear your voice.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I give the Globe a lot of credit for doing that story.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's exactly what I was hoping you were going to say.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's about time, it is, but you got.
Speaker 2: To give him better late than never.
Speaker 9: That's Christine, exactly, exactly, ill.
Speaker 2: Exactly the sort of call I was looking for tonight. And you're one of the few who have who have rung the bell as far as I'm concerned tonight. Really, I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I experienced it. Yesterday. I was at a certain hospital in Boston, and I was I was treated very rudely. And the other people, I'm not gonna you know, mention they were treated so nicely. But I when I came in the office, they were like phone number, address and day to breath. And I couldn't hear it. First, She's like, I told you what I just said to you. But all the others will come in and speak other languages, and it was so nice. And I experienced that, you know, I was like what And then they kept me sitting there wait and wait and wait, and you know, I'm like I was, I was. I was upset. So I realized how everybody else is. You know, it's not light.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there should be courtesy for everyone. H citizens and migrants, like Christine has always thank you so much for joining us. I'll see you in a few minutes on a postgame.
Speaker 9: Okay, even in debt, you know, we are a hope. Oh it's really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean I think that, don't you don't you have a migrant center in debt in my belief.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 9: They're just stiff hanhandling it is it? They threaten you if you don't don't give them money.
Speaker 2: Oh it's awful, all right, thanks Christina, Thanks Christine soon. Thanks Okay, right, I think on calling on this line six that might be a repeat caller. Please if you could check that, Dan or Rob, either one of you could check it out, appreciate it. Let me go next to Michael in New Hampshire. Michael, you've been on and I'm not sure what you want to talk about. You go right ahead, Michael, Dan Mike.
Speaker 4: From Sale to Hampshire also known m J Bowl. I haven't talked to you quat a while.
Speaker 2: Ahead.
Speaker 4: I could give you an airfhone on this subject, but when you went open lines, I had to give you a call because I'm on the road from Williamsport back to New Hampshire at the Little League World Series and I know from you know listening to you, you're a big baseball guy. But I just wanted to see if you were tuning into the ESPN and watching the Little League World Series, because let me tell you, it's been great the last couple of weeks. My son's gone the New Hampshire team which is representing Masks Vermont and mains out at the Literalty World Series and the last couple of weeks, it's been a good reprieve from all the crop that's going on in the world, it's just been all about baseball and these boys and the kids from all over the countries, all over the all over the country, and all over the world. At the opening ceremony today in the CD interaction with these kids from the United States and Cuba and Venezuela, and some can't even communicate, just the language barriers, but just the smiles and thumbs up that they give each other, it's just refreshing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, boys, it's just awes.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to hear that. I gotta be honest with you. My days don't give me the liberty to do what you're doing. But having been through it with my own children, in terms of youth sports, I think it's the best experience a parent can have to watch their child succeed and sometimes even failed. Because in baseball, if you if you hit three hundred, you're three for ten. That means you succeeded three out of ten times. You failed seven out of ten times. So there are lessons to be learned on the diamond in little league right on up to the major leagues.
Speaker 4: And those boys don't understand Those boys don't understand it. When they've batten three hundred, you know, that's that's what the major leagues consider good and they get hard on themselves. But today it was the game of interrees. We lost Maui, Hawaii three three to one. We had bases loaded and we had a line drive to the third baseman who made a great have and touched the base and got that extra runner up for the double play and ended of the game.
Speaker 2: So all right, well, thank you for the play by play, Michael. We'll gotta go, gotta go here and get back on topic. But it was a nice respite, that's for sure. I wish I had more opportunity to, uh, to spend time doing that. Let me go to rich Is Newton. Rich you're next on nightside.
Speaker 8: Go right ahead, Rich, Hey, Dan, a couple of things.
Speaker 6: You do a great show.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you took some vacation time.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, this border thing is a disgrace. It should have it should have stopped or fifteen years ago. It's a disgrace for the country, excuse me, not the country by Congress and the Senate and the presidents. It's a it's a it's ridiculous. It's like letting people with a disease come into the country. Now, there's a lot of nice people that are coming here. But the problem is years ago, Venezuela and Argentina were great countries. They were making money. People weren't coming from there. But the dictators took over and they run out the poor and the mental and the criminals so that they can have, you know, the luxury of just having the rich people there and it can't happen. But if our say, Cia, could have done their jump, they would have influenced people who were going to take over the government, the set of these dictators and make us pay billions and billions of dollars because like this we've been going through in the state. You know, they take over these hotel rooms and they used to get a buck fifty bucks, seventy five in a slow time, and they get three hundred. Yeah, I mean, our own vets can't even get these kind of rooms.
Speaker 2: I mean it's you know, yeah, we have talked about all of that, and I think you're right. The one thing I would disagree with you on is I think that we need to be careful with our CIA, meaning that I don't think we should be in the business of overthrowing or installing, you know, other governments. I don't want countries messing with our elections, and I certainly don't think that we should be messing with others elections.
Speaker 8: But you're right, Russians already already given.
Speaker 2: I know that, But that doesn't make it right. All I'm just saying is.
Speaker 6: I agree with you.
Speaker 8: But the point is, when we're spending billions of dollars and these people are being sent here, we don't have to say, hey, put Joe Mo in there. But we could say, listen, this is a better safer person than this dictator that's gonna shoot and kill and the soldiers are gonna rape everybody. So the people that are gonna run, we're gonna give them some money.
Speaker 2: If I if I could just say this, Rich, I think the solution for us is to control our own damn borders and to say we are in country, we have borders. We will we will, we will men or woman, we we will staff those borders to prevent people coming in here. Illegally. If you want to apply for citizenship to the United States, do it legally, and we will look at your what you bring to the United States. As I've often said, Look, if we have doctors and nurses who are qualified coming from Bangladesh, they go to the head line. And if we have lawyers coming in from Ireland. We got plenty of lawyers. Maybe we can get to them, but they're going to be at the back of the line. We have an interest in protecting our borders, and we have. The Biden administration abandoned that interest many years ago.
Speaker 8: He great, but the problem is it continues no matter to me, no matter who's in the government. This should have stopped, you know, twenty years ago, but it didn't because it was cheap labor. But you know, the borders have been a joke for three years, whether it's Biden or Trump or anybody else.
Speaker 2: No, Trump, Trump did a better job on the borders than Joe Biden. If you had a choice between controlling your borders having one as president and one is not as president. And I'm not a Trump guy, okay, right, but Trump did a better job on the border by far than Biden. He cooperated with Mexico, and he kept the borders much tighter than Biden and harristed on that point, Rich, I got to end the show. I'm sorry, I gotta go out of like thank out of time. Thanks very much to the callers in the line show where you called earlier. But we'll be back tomorrow night at eight o'clock. I will do a nightside postgame tonight. You might be surprised with what I say. All dogs, I want to thank Dan and Rob, and I want to thank Marita, and I want to tell you that all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie ray Is who passed sixteen years ago in February, fourteen years ago in February, excuse me, that's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Have a great Thursday everyone. We're back tomorrow night at eight o'clock on Nightside