Speaker 1: I'm like a good woman, Babe, and I'm a good woman Steel.
Speaker 2: I'm a cold woman, bless.
Speaker 3: I'm a girl.
Speaker 2: See, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm the bowl, bad of.
Speaker 3: The bowl, Billy cunning Him. Let's continue with a reporter, a newsman and commentator live and both conventions for an overview. Leland Vender of News Nation, Leland Vinder of News Nation, and welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And may I bring up a different matter, but before we talk about the conventions, please, I'm looking at a story out of UH. Out of according UH the Biden administration officials. The headline is this Iran wants Trump eliminated by election day. Goes on to say, the Islamic regime in Iran is trying to assassinate former President Donald Trump with the hopes of doing so before November fifth. Multiple government agencies associated US allies across the Middle East have informed Donald Trump of the of the dangers. The Iranian regime has made it clear at once to kill or assassinate Donald Trump and must do so by November fifth. Then I'm looking at this other story that News Nation had a large part about, which is the Trump shooter had multiple encrypted accounts overseas. According to Representative Waltz of I think of Florida the government and nearly killed former President Trump at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania last month, using crypted messaging accounts on multiple platforms based in Belgium, New Zealand and Germany, according to a House of Representative appointed pointed to investigate the matter. So, on one hand, we caught and he's been shot. Thank god, it was a it was a Grays type wound. But Congressman Michael Waltz of Florida, retired Green Beray, is part of a thirteen member House bipartisan task force investigating the assassination. I would say there's not more than two or three nineteen year olds who live in the literally their parents' basement, that work in a nursing home, that have access to encrypted accounts in three different countries. Are these events at all related? Before we talk about the conventions, I always.
Speaker 2: Have a hard time believing fully in these things. Do we know everything about the assassination of Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do we need to learn more?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I tend to try to deal in connected facts, not unconnected facts with a lot of leaps made. So is what you're saying possible, and is it possible it is all connected? Is it possible that the would be assassined for Donald Trump was somehow much more than what we know him to be right now, which is a very disturbed young man. Absolutely, But I don't think disproved that, nor do I think we can get to the point yet of saying that somehow he was influenced, which I think what you're suggesting by foreign actors.
Speaker 3: And the other thing, the Secret Service members have put on leave, been put on leave, several have been put on leave subject to more discipline. So you have federal government agencies leaving a wide open Donald Trump with a clear shot from like one hundred and forty yards away from someone who was in the scopes of the Secret Service and also snipers, letting him in a sense do what he did. Then you have an I don't know what an encrypted account is. Maybe you do, but I would say there's not more than one or two nineteen year olds with encrypted accounts overseas. And then throw on top of that the fact that Heron very much so does not want Donald Trump to become the president. They like the policies of Kamala Harris you pull that together, and I'm thinking, thank god he missed by half an inch would have tore off the right side of Donald Trump's skull and we'd be in a different position. And I just and this thing is dead right now that this happened last month and there's no discussion, The mainstream media doesn't cover the story anymore. And also before we talk about the convention that Leland Venter, the US House Select Committee is recommending the impeachment and maybe the indictment of Joe Biden for collecting millions of dollars directly and indirectly from communists Red China when he was the vice president. That may continue through now. So you have a compromised president, You have Kamala Harris who wants to I imagine, continue the failed policies the past four years, put them on steroids. You have this, this attempt at assassin, this murderer who had encrypted multiple platforms overseas, and then on top of that, you have Iran announcing we're going to kill the guy. Those events related, unrelated. What do you say, Leland Villard. I'm not a conspiratorily guy myself, but this looks.
Speaker 2: Still Bill, I don't I think the House investigation into Joe Biden and what may or may not have transpired with his family business dealings in China, that we've been promised indictments and investigations and impeachments and all these things for months and for years that have not materialized. And the Donald Trump assassination is a heck of a reach. And that's sort of like trying to You're you're trying to leave the chasm in two bounds here, my friend and I I just I think that there are real issues with the with the Biden presidency. I think there's real issues with President Biden's foreign business dealings. I think there's real issues with the investigation into Donald Trump's asassination attempt and how we don't know everything. And there's real questions about how this young man who seeming to lead to be a young complete screw up, who spent a lot of time online ends up with no digital footprint and one hundred and fifty yards away from the former president and Republican nominee for president. All of those things are good questions. I do not think they are related.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on to the conventions here. We're at both and I watched a lot of your coverage on News Nation talk about the Republican convention in Milwaukee, the Democratic convention in Chicago. Did each of the parties do what they intended? Give me a full report.
Speaker 2: Both parties did exactly what they intended. Neither party will end up living up to how they were feeling on Thursday night, And by that I mean on Thursday night or Friday morning after the Republican Convention, they were all talking about putting Minnesota in Virginia in play. And Democrats leaving today think that Kamala Harris is going to sweep the Sunbelt and hold the Blue ball And this is Barack Obama two thousand and eight again, and it's not that either. So the conventions did what they're designed to do for the party faithful, and now we move forward.
Speaker 3: Is it capable? Is she possibly able to withstand an independent objective questioning from a news media type like yourself. Is it possible she can go the entire election without presenting herself maybe to an Oprah Winfrey or Joe Scarborough interview? Is it conceivable she can hide for the next seventy five days.
Speaker 2: Well, she's hidden for the past thirty four I don't know whether I'm not going to pass judgment on whether or not she is capable or not. You know, they like to say in investing, the past performance is not indicative of future results, or proof of future results, or promise the future results. But in the past, when she sat down for interviews, even with relatively friendly or certainly not adversarial journalists, she's done quite She's done quite poorly. I e. Lester Holt, let me just play this out for you. She said, she's going to do an interview before the end of August, so let's take her to work. She does an interview next week. It's fairly pleasant. It's with Tim Walls, it's with Doug em Hoff, It's with Walls's wife. It's about their newfound joy in campaigning and how these two families, you know, one sort of the coastal liberal leade of m Hoff and Harris versus Walls and his wife, the teachers from Minnesota have have found this common ground in this view of America that involves sunshine, unicorns and pots of gold, and they are they all uh, you know, play bridge together or whatever it is. In the interview that they set up that the families now get along so well. Fine. Then you get to Labor day, everyone will have forgotten about the interview because it will have been something like the vanilla ice cream cone you had as you finished out summer. Then we get to Labor Day and the next week she can't do any interviews because she's got the debate. She does well in the debate, she won't have to do another interview. No, she does poorly in the debate, she.
Speaker 3: Might And the thing is always it's a referendum on the current administration. So in historically it is quite rare for a VP to come out of the shadow of the president and win. Just in recent history. You might go back to Eisenhower with Richard Nixon lost in nineteen sixty. You were Humphrey after LBJ lost to Nixon in sixty eight. Later on you have Mondale, the VP of Carter losing in eighty four. The only successful one because it was a referendum on the administration of Ronald Reagan, was nineteen eighty eight with Bush forty one. He won. Then after that VP Gore runs on his own and loses to Bush. And then you have, of course, this VP is running and the shadows of Joe Biden. Isn't this going to be a referendum on the on the last four years whether Kamala Harris and Joe Biden did a good job and deserve more? Or can she can she get rid of can she shed the idea that I'm not Joe Biden, I'm not the old Kamala Harris. I'm the new Kamala Harris and I want to spend a lot more money. Isn't this a referendum on the last four years of Kamala Harris and the fact that seventy percent of us are so believe America is on the wrong course. Isn't that a millstone around her neck?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to reject the premise of your question and answer and answer in a way that I would like, which is to say that if you are correct, and it is a referendum on Joe Biden in the past four years, pauland tells us Kamala Harris will lose if it is a referendum on Donald Trump's temperament and mean tweets, Donald Trump will lose. So who defines the field of battle in politics, defines the race? You know? Tell me? Tell me? And I'm trying to remember the name of the pollster that said this, but it's genius. Tell me, tell me the field of battle, tell me who defined my candidate, and tell me who defines the opposition, and I'll tell you who wins. That's what politics is about. So if if if Donald Trump and his supporters are able to hang the past four years as a millstone around Kamala Harris's neck, then Kamala Harris will lose. It's pretty simple. If Kamala Harris, as she tried last night, is able to shed that and and somehow create and we wrote in war Notes my subscription service UH a free subscription newsletter email that the Democrats with hope that America has a sense of amnesia. If you listened to her last night, it.
Speaker 1: Was as though Donald Trump was the incumbent, right, And if that is how the race is framed, then she will win because people are unhappy and she's offering something different.
Speaker 3: The big issue is almost always the personal economy of an individual voter determines the ballot. So if this battlefield will be what is the status of the economy, what is the status of inflation that continues to be stubbornly high especially when it comes to food and energy, and if it's the status of illegal immigration. If Donald Trump can fight on immigration, the economy and inflation and there's no and Americans care about foreign policy but not really. I think most of us could not locate Gaza on a map or Ukraine, but they're terribly important. But nonetheless, most Americans think, how's my personal circumstances, how's my job? How much? How bad is inflation? And do I perceive the southern border and collapse? And Kamala Harris was in charge. Therefore, Kamala Harris can't win. On the other hand, if the media and Kamala Harris want to talk about the temperament of Donald Trump and mean tweets and insults, and then Kamala Harris can win and we continue on the same course for the next four years. I think at the end of the day, I hope that the American people look at their personal lives and say, we can't continue like this. There's a whole bunch of people living quite well. I think you and me included. However, there's a whole tens of millions of Americans that worry about how much rent's going up and what it costs to buy a home and interest rates that continue to be stubbornly high. There's a perception that illegal immigration is destroying the fabric of our country. There's a sense that utility bills I know and my Cincinnati utility bills have gone up thirty percent in the past three years. And the pass through effect. If you look at that, if people sit down around the kitchen tape and say, am I better off today than I was four years ago? The majority Americans would say, no, I'm not better off. Your analysis please.
Speaker 2: All very fine points. Fifty percent of Americans tell pollsters that they believe they're broke. Roughly two thirds say they love paycheck to paycheck. So that's where you're walking into this. When it comes to foreign policy, I would say how people feel is quite important. Whether they feel safe, whether they feel America is strong. You're old enough to remember.
Speaker 3: I am not.
Speaker 2: The nineteen eighty election, there was both an economic component and a foreign policy component. Monday is the third anniversary of the Abbey Gate bombing in Afghanistan, thirteen Americans killed during the Biden Harris withdrawal from Afghanistan. Noteworthy that that was not discussed last night, Right in terms of all the foreign policy things that Kamala Harris talked about. But I would I would go one step further with you. We watched Donald Trump last night or yesterday break all the norms and have an event on the Thursday of the opposition candidate's convention. Right, you remember back in the day the candidates took this. Okay, He went down to the border, and this is where he was going to stake his claim that the border was where the Biden Harris administration failed the most. And he was going to make the point that under Donald Trump, the border is going to be closed as opposed to the person he was running against it. And I will ask you, Bill Cunningham, the Great American, how long did it take in Donald Trump's remarks at the border? All the network cameras were there, everybody was watching him. How long did it take for him to say Kamala Harris's name?
Speaker 3: About ten seconds?
Speaker 2: Nope, eleven minutes, eleven minutes, eleven minutes. He complained about Joe, He complained that he wasn't running against Joe Biden anymore. He complained about how unfair it was. He had all sorts of grievances that had absolutely nothing to do with the issues that you just brought up that matter to Americans. Those are the issues. Those are the if he's but if he's unable to prosecute that case rather than prosecuting his own grievances. Americans care about the future, They care about themselves. They do not care about Donald trump'scruvances. And I think for Republicans, they've got to take a straw, a hard look at the next seventy seventy five days and say, in this candidate, which is what Donald Trump is? Can he meet Americans where they're at? And where they're at is not Donald Trump's grievances. They're the issues you brought up.
Speaker 3: And I would have tied Kamala Harris from the get go. I didn't watch the whole thing. I watched some of it. I'm doing other stuff, But nonetheless, that's Kamala Harris's border. Those victims are Kamala Harris's victims. And I would have pointed out that she was smoking pot when she was prosecuting a thousand black men for smoking pot, and I would have stayed on Kamala Harris completely ignored Joe Biden and Kamala Harris gave an interview in what she said, I was in the room, the last person in the room when the President Joe Biden decided to do what he did in Afghanistan. I would have tie that around or two. And he's got a prospecte a eleven minutes. It's got to be eleven seconds, got to be like, this is Kamala Harris's border right here, because you're not running against Joe Biden anymore. Well, Leland, we got to run. It's great stuff. And uh, I guess we're blessed to live in interesting times and I at times wish they weren't so interesting.
Speaker 2: But uh well, you know you know what, Bill, The other way to look at it is, we live in the greatest country on earth. We all we all have the end of summer to look forward to. Yep, you wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: That now Labor Day weekend, next weekend, it's going to be good. But Leland Vitter, thank you. I watched you last night with the analysis afterwards on News Nation, and once again thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Leland, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sure, thank you all.
Speaker 3: Let's continue with more Reds. Baseball kicks off tonight, and I'm going to teach Marte how to handle a pickle on news radio seven hundred ww