Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you a pow right in the quizzer. I'm David Flora.
Speaker 2: And I am Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are raccoons who are trying to get domesticated. They're talking about raccoons working on it.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about foxes too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it takes a while, it does.
Speaker 1: Still not smelling any better.
Speaker 2: That's my new career path. I'm going to be a life coach to foxes. Okay, there's a lot of money in that.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys listening, don't let yourselves get out foxed by missing the next Zoom Trivia That will be the second Saturday of May, May ninth, noon, Mountain time. Let us know if you need the link. Casual fun time. Hope to see you there.
Speaker 2: That's right. We're a Togo.
Speaker 1: And if you like what we do, consider joining our Patreon Patreon dot com slash Quizbang get ad free episodes and an extra episode a month at the five dollars up level, or you could send us a coffee at kodash Fi dot com. Slash Quizbang pod just like Gin the Baker Lady.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jin Jin Baker Lady.
Speaker 1: We'd also like to give a shout out to a few folks who found us on a drive, a long drive from Flow right up to Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hello too, and Christy Alice birthday Girl, Pepew, John Aurora and Gretchy. They say your trivia hit harder than a large brown sugar shaking espresso with six liquid sugars.
Speaker 1: Wow, amazing caffeine and trivia. Oh yeah, name a better duo.
Speaker 2: I'll wait, take a backseat, Peanut, butter and jelly.
Speaker 1: That's right, get out of here. Salt and more salt. Oh my health. All right, we have a good show for you. But thanks again to those guys. Thanks for finding us and listening. I hope to be with you on all your road trips. And without anything else, let's get the show started. Here's how the show works. Whiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question? Round one. Question one, The category is geography. Which country's name is officially the Hellenic Republic? Question two? Category Animals. This one comes to us from Owen and Ryan. Thank you, Owen and Ryan.
Speaker 2: Thank you Owen and Ryan.
Speaker 1: What ancient Italian breed of dog, which originated as a water retriever in the sixteen hundreds, is the only pure bred breed in the world specifically recognized for hunting truffles? Question three? Category Games and hobbies. In a game of battleship, how many ships does each player start the game with? Question four? Category literature. There are three novels that have won the Pulitzer Prize that include a bird in their name. The novels won the award in nineteen sixty, nineteen eighty six, and twenty fourteen. What are those novels? We'll give you three points for each correct answer, and a bonus point if you get all three. And now the answers to round one. Question one? What country's name is officially the Hellenic Republic? Greece? Question two, What ancient Italian breed of dog is the only purebred breed in the world specifically recognized for hunting treffles, Legato Romagnolo, aka the Italian water dog. Question three. In a game of battleship, how many ships does each player start the game with? Five? I liked to stack man on top of each other.
Speaker 2: Right pro move there.
Speaker 1: Although if they hit one, they hit them all. Question four. The three novels to have won the Pulitzer Prize that include a bird in their name are nineteen sixties To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, nineteen eighty Six's Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry, and twenty fourteen's The Goldfinch by Donna Tart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to just do animals, but there are too many because you have rabbits from John Updyke. That's like two of them. You got a couple of snakes. It's just what.
Speaker 1: It's impossible.
Speaker 2: It's impossible, possible. I started with colors.
Speaker 1: Is you a bang bang? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But that's a hard bang bang round two. Question five. The category is art. An artistic technique where the size of figures is determined by their relative importance rather than naturalistic proportion, is called what. Question six. The category is television. This question comes from listener major dita, they give major didda. In nineteen ninety five, the cast of Gilligan's Island replaced the cast of What Sitcom for one episode. Question seven. The category is history. Who was the father of Cleopatra's Twins? Question eight? The category is film? Which horror franchises main antagonist is named Ghostface? And now the answer is to round two? Question five. An artistic technique where the size of figures is determined by their relative importance rather than naturalistic proportion is called what higher archical proportion? Question six. In nineteen ninety five, the cast of Gilligan's Island replaced the cast of What Sitcom for one episode Roseanne, I would like to watch that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's a dream she has or Dan has. Okay, forget exactly, but yeah, they dream there them and then the Gilligans Island crew plays Roseanne's family.
Speaker 2: That seems like a good time. Question seven? Who was the father of Cleopatra's twins? Mark Anthony? And question eight? Which horror franchise's main antagonist is named Ghostface? Scream?
Speaker 1: That's for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang is Film and Music. This one comes to us from listening Knife and Turkey, Fake You, Knife.
Speaker 2: And Turkey, Thank you Knife in Turkey.
Speaker 1: You will have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following. There are six theme songs within the James Bond movies that do not share the title with the movie. Name them bonus points. If you know the artist, Your time starts.
Speaker 2: Now and That's time. The six theme songs within the James Bond movies that do not share the title with the movie are the James Bond Theme from Doctor No by John Berry and Orchestra Nobody Does It Better from The Spy Who Loved Me by Carly Simon, All Time High from Octopussy by Rita Coolidge, You Know My Name from Casino Royal by Chris Cornell, Another Way to Die from Quantum of Solace by Jack White and Alicia Keys, and The Writings on the Wall from Specter by Sam Smith. Although Louis Armstrong did sing we Have all the Time in the World, it was not sung during the opening of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. And another fun fact from All the singers who sing the James Bond theme. Sheena Easton is the only artist to be seen performing the title song during the opening credits of a Bond film. Madonna acted in a small part in Die Another Day. She was like a fencing instructor or something. Madonna, Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Round three. Question nine. The category is anatomy. What is the semi solid tissue found within the spongy also known as cancelus portions of bones? Question ten, Category pop culture. This one comes from listener Jen Thank you, Jen, Thank you Jen. Ken Jennings could have used a strategy session with Buzz light Year before his Stellar seven four Game two and a half million dollar Jeopardy run came to an end, as his defeat came not from a space tyrant, but from which ordinary challenger? Question eleven category space Name any of the four crew members that were on the Artemis two. We'll give you two and a half points for each correct answer. Question twelve category television and saved by the bell. The characters attend what high school? And now the answers to round three Question nine, What is the semi solid tissue found within the spongy portions of bones marrow? Question ten Ken Jennings could have used a strategy session with Buzz light Year before his Jeopardy run came to an inn with his defeat from which challenger Nancy Zerg Unlike buzz Lightyear's cartoon foe Emperor Zurg, Nancy overtook Ken on November thirtieth, two thousand and four, correctly answering a final Jeopardy question about h n R block that kN missed. Her reign was short lived, losing on the following night.
Speaker 2: At least she has her point in history, like yeah, oh yeah, she'll always be the person that defeated Ken Jennings.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and four. Annie that it seems like just a few years ago.
Speaker 2: That happened twenty two years ago. We're all.
Speaker 1: Question eleven. The four crew members on the Artemis two were Victor Glover, who was the first person of color, Christina Cook, the first woman Canadian Space Agency astronaut, Jeremy Hanson, the first non US citizen, and commander Read Wiseman as the oldest person all to travel around the Moon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean if you're the first four people to do something, each one of you will be the first X, Y or Z.
Speaker 1: And Question twelve and saved by the bell. The characters attend what high school? Bayside High School in Los Angelus?
Speaker 2: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is society and culture. What two colors is the basket in the popular nursery rhyme A tisket A tasket? Question fourteen. The category is language. This question comes from listener Sarah. Thank you Sarah, Sarah, which author was a key figure for why American English no longer has a U in color? Lay her favorite? He also took the O out of diarrhea. Question fifteen. The category is science. What color does silver turn when it is exposed to sulfur in the air? Question sixteen? The category is landmarks. This question comes from listener Bobby beg yea, Bobby, Bobby, What is the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere? And now the answer is around four? Question thirteen, What two colors is the basket and the popular nursery rhyme A tisket A tesket? Green and yellow? If you said brown and yellow, it's probably because you're familiar with the Ella Fitzgerald version where she changed the colors. Pretty dramatic song when she sings it, because she's like, if I don't get my best get back, I'll die. Question fourteen. Which author was a key figure for why American English no longer has a U in color labor favorite? And he also took the O out of diarrhea? Noah Webster. You know how there's that song who put the bop in the bob shabab wop. I feel like we need to Noah Webster song on who took the O out of diarrhea?
Speaker 1: Who took the out of diarrhea?
Speaker 2: Diarrheal?
Speaker 1: I would have answered Taco bell.
Speaker 2: Question fifteen. What color does silver urn when it is exposed to sulfur in the air? Black? Question sixteen, what is the tallest free standing structure in the Southern Hemisphere? The Autograph Tower in Indonesia. It was completed in twenty twenty and it's three hundred and eighty two point nine meters or one two hundred and fifty six feet. For that, it was the Sky Tower in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for the Big Bang Round is currency and History. We'll ask you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final question. Keep in mind the three clue questions may not be from the same category as the final. Question one which superhero first appeared in the anthology comic book Amazing Fantasy number fifteen in August of nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 2: Question two not to be confused with geometry advocates anglers are a type of what more common term?
Speaker 1: Question three, which author gave his copyright including characters, novels and plays to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London in nineteen twenty nine.
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang question Again the category is currency history said to have been the model for the image of an eagle on some coins. What was the name of the bald eagle who lived at the Philadelphia Mint from eighteen thirty until eighteen thirty six?
Speaker 1: And now the answer is to the Big Bang? Round one? Which superhero first appeared in the anthology comic book Amazing Fantasy number fifteen in August of nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 2: Spider Man question two not to be confused with geometry advocates anglers are type of what more common term? Fisherman?
Speaker 1: Question three, which author gave his copyright to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London in nineteen twenty nine. JM.
Speaker 2: Barry and Your Big Bang Question, said to have been the model for the image of an eagle on some coins. What was the name of the bald eagle who lived at the Philadelphia Mint from eighteen thirty until eighteen thirty six. The name of spider Man, the patron saint of fishermen and Barry's most well known character. It's Peter. There you are, Peter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a fun but ultimately tragic story of Peter the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't want to know it. If it's tragic, tell me the fun part.
Speaker 1: He he lived at the Mint and kind of was the mascot lived in the in the mint itself or on the grounds, I guess, And they'd let him out every night to fly around Philadelphia and he'd come back, you know, and be there for the for the next day of work. And it was a machining accident that that he ultimately passed away from. But he was he was a beloved mascot for them, And then people are saying, he's the one that gave the image to us that's on silver dollars and eagle cents, And yeah, he was a bird with a name.
Speaker 2: I love a bird with a name. Well, that's that's fun. You don't think about an eagle living in a mint, no, or.
Speaker 1: Flying around Philadelphia willie nilly at night. Yeah, pretty wild. But yeah, I guess he was there for four or five years.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: And they said he was an exemplary employee.
Speaker 2: Ah job, Peter.
Speaker 1: And Jay and Barry gave the Peter Pan rights to that hospital. I was as I was reading it said that the copyright ownership is complex today, which I'm assuming just means there's been fights recently over who gets those rights, who gets to keep them, and who profits from them. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, well, hopefully the hospital keeps getting some money.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And of course, uh Saint Peter being the patron saint of fishermen and other workers. And Peter was also considered the first Pope and was crucified by Nero ever heard of it.
Speaker 2: And my brother's name is Peter. It's a solid name.
Speaker 1: Spider Man being Peter Parker. Yes, to tie that up. So anyways, thank you guys for listening. If indeed you still are, don't forget. I'm just stealing it from Richard Diawuaa. He's not doing the Crystal Maze anymore. No, sadly, we'll be zooming live Trivia on May ninth noon, Mountain Time. That's a soft hurty, so come hang out and test your might, test your might with some.
Speaker 2: Trivia Mighty trivia.
Speaker 1: It's not just us sitting there reading. It's a slideshow just in case you're like, wow, when I want to.
Speaker 2: Go listen to you some more, I wasn't worried about that.
Speaker 1: No you are now I am. Also, if you like what we do, don't forget to leave us a five star review on iTunes or whatever podcatch you got there. If you're noticing anything missing on Spotify there, they're going after our copyright free music, which we you know, have a Creative Commons license to use, so we're trying to keep up with that. But if there are any that are disappearing on you, you might want to try another platform to find those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went after Trivia Time as well, so if you haven't checked out Trivia Time, give them some love because it's a fantastic podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and other than that, I hope you're doing well. And for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang, Bang, I've been David.
Speaker 2: Flora, I've been Ai Flora. He is looking at you.
Speaker 1: Quiz