Speaker 1: God, I heard the strangest thing last night. So before we get into this, I'll just go around the table start with you. KT will start with you for once. What's your opinion of Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 2: I think he's entertaining and fun, and I wouldn't want him on my team.
Speaker 3: Ben, I think he's annoying, obnoxious, gets on my nerves and I'd let him shoot anytime he wanted to shoot.
Speaker 4: But if you let him get to the basket and don't get in front of him, he's gonna eat a bucket every time.
Speaker 5: Christina, I agree with Ben. Drama drama, drama, drama.
Speaker 1: Did you guys happen to hear what JJ Burrea said last night about hanging out with Russell Westbrook? No, I mean I almost couldn't move forward with my evening, but it was so amazing and so appropriate. I mean, I've been thinking about it all day.
Speaker 4: JJ.
Speaker 1: You know, last night the JJ was on the broadcast, Brea and the Mavericks were playing the Nuggets and we're talking about the intensity with which Russell Westbrook plays. Now, Russell Westbrook is an absolute freak of nature. He's thirty six years old and athletically he still looks like he's twenty three.
Speaker 4: Like it's insane.
Speaker 1: How hard he goes, how hard he plays, He doesn't miss time. He is, without a doubt, a freak of nature. And I've heard other professional athletes, not even basketball players, talk about him with complete awe, just like, man, that's the most competitive person I've ever seen. I don't even know how to comprehend what I'm watching. So Brea was like dogging, you know, being anecdotal, and he was like, yeah, man, you know, I finally got to know him in the bubble, cause you guys, remember when the pandemic happened and all these teams flew to Epcot Center or wherever the hell that was, and they're all hanging out in the bubble together. And he described a scenario in which he was hanging out with a group of players. What Tyson Chandler was apparently there. I guess he was there as a coach. Was Tyson still playing then? Tyson might have still been playing then those guys four years ago. It's a group of guys and are sitting around hanging out, And he goes, yeah, man, Russell is just as intense when he's hanging out.
Speaker 4: As he is on the court. What does that mean? I was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: He goes well, man, Like we'd be sitting there and he'd just start doing some push ups.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, dude. Why the ocd he was.
Speaker 1: Doing push ups socially social push ups? Social push ups. He was like, yeah, man, he talks really fast and he's really intense, and then he'll just start doing some push ups.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it was like on, uh, natural cocaine. I guess he's just like air is his cocaine. Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're just sitting there and you're like, hold on, guys, and then you just start knocking out some push up.
Speaker 4: I gotta get tenned in real quick. Right, Like at the bar at the club. I wouldn't want to hang out with that guy, or would not either.
Speaker 1: You're hanging out with people that are in shape for a living, you know, yeah, they're not just sitting there, right. It's not that you're hanging out with Turtle in the game from Entourage and you got to stay in shape. These are other professional athletes that are doing the same thing you're doing and you got to knock out some push ups.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? I thought that was one of the weirdest things that's ever happened.
Speaker 2: And it is crazy, But I do wonder if there is like a thing where he can't help it. He's got to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a push up Tourette's. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This commander's kicker from the other night has really stuck with me a little bit over the last couple of days. And I know our friend Emily Jones has very bad OCD, doesha. I mean, she's got to have everything organized, but I don't know how that goes to her, like with her body, because like what the kicker was.
Speaker 4: Doing was insane.
Speaker 2: With the shoes, his socks, taking his sock back off, putting it back on, hatching all his toes, and then the helmet and the hair.
Speaker 1: He would take the helmet, he would he would so he doesn't even have hair. He would push over his fake hair. I mean he's got a little bit, but it's not like long bangs that you need to move out of the way. He would push his super short hair to the side three times, put the helmet to the top of his head, and then take it away and do that three more times, and then go through that routine.
Speaker 2: Over and over again, which I never knew he's been. This guy's been in the league forever, and I never knew he had that like I thought I have. We all have a little OCD from certain things. I most certainly do as I'm still in a long project of digitizing VHS tapes at my house. But let me tell you, I gotta do it, and I'll be late for something because hold on, I gotta put this tape in, start it, and then you know, I can finish it late.
Speaker 4: Like I can't stop. I have to do it.
Speaker 3: I'm actually in the process of taking all my DVDs and putting them on VHS tapes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, dude's good because they hold up well. They do yeah over time.
Speaker 3: That that tape material really is good.
Speaker 2: So Russell Westbrook would be a beating to hang out with, is what we're getting.
Speaker 1: I mean, JJ was, and JJ is pretty new to broadcasting, so I don't think he was doing I think he was just being genuine. He was saying nice things about Russ. He was just like, yeah, man, he's a real intense guy. But I got to know him. He was saying it in a positive way, like he enjoyed getting to know him. Despite the fact that he would just start knocking out some push ups.
Speaker 5: Would that be a good bet payoff? We have to just do five push ups, like righte mid conversation with someone like hold.
Speaker 4: On and you can't say why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm picturing Russell Westbrook doing push ups and JJ's getting down there in his level. So what's been going on man, trying to connect with him? Have you been enjoying your time in the bubble?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well pretty good stuff there, guys.
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 3: We should play the intro.
Speaker 2: Start time.
Speaker 4: Boys right now, you're ready, ready, ready, ready, and ready after do one time Evan with our show. You're gonna ruling it, except with a similar free pursuing it dounld out Shaw Shank through the sewer kid now with chilling at day Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a GOP status, Howard starting to get krattic shows that up multiply like a rabbit. Tune in so out prank it up, beat the habit. I'm wana hang out with a friend. Rocket it on the radio. My home's talking on the radio. It's time to to this false Oh baby, we go, kat Ristine up all up on the radio. All right, it is a hump day and we are humping to it.
Speaker 3: And one of the biggest stories in the world right now is happening in our backyard. And it has to do with what's going on with the Dallas Cowboys in their head coaches position and their head coaching position. And kat you're a guy who has long been an anti McCarthy guy because you were familiar with his work because you're a Packers fan, and of course that was where he was. And so as you look back over his reign of terror in your sports life here in Dallas, there's got to be highs and lows along the way, so many.
Speaker 2: Highs and lows. And rather than me making a list of Dallas Morning News, went ahead and did it for me.
Speaker 4: Did they check with you first? They didn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't, and they never do, even though I'm a paying member of their work. Some of the highs though, this is kind of a fun walk down memory lane. You guys, remember twenty twenty one, the Cowboys lost a game to the Broncos, but they came back the next week and McCarthy called it red ass Week.
Speaker 4: And this was a week in which Mike.
Speaker 2: McCarthy brought some chafing powder called monkey butt to all the players. Oh yeah, and then he smashed Then they won forty three to three. The other thing is they go that, do you remember the game where they needed a big pump up and he smashed all those watermelons? Never forget it, and then they won forty three to three. Fantastic quirk. That is motivational speaking.
Speaker 4: Both times led to forty three to three. Maybe there's different gas. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: One was the Broncos, one was the Falcons. Oh okay, sorry, yeah, so you come in. You smashed a bunch of watermelons in a conference room at a hotel, just destroyed the Marriott or whatever. But the team goes out in place art because they got to channel the greatness of the comedian Gallagher yep, who he claimed he was paying tribute to.
Speaker 4: Because he had just died.
Speaker 3: That the hotel comes after him and he's like, hey man, wonderful, what do you want. I was paying tribute to Gallagher.
Speaker 4: We were honoring the great comedian Gallagher.
Speaker 1: I'm sure a lot of your people who were staying overnight did the same thing in honor of Gallagher at all the various rooms around the hotel.
Speaker 2: Now look in the in the Dallas Morning News. They must have liked McCarthy a lot because one of their other high moments is that he coached a game with a with a he had his appendix taken out.
Speaker 4: That was impressive. I don't even remember that, I do.
Speaker 1: They said he was didn't he get it taken out on a Wednesday? And they showed normal timeframe for returning to work and he lapped everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that does ring a bell. I remember that.
Speaker 1: It happened like I think it happened on a Wednesday, and he was coaching Sunday and then Jason wit And said, hold my beer.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, right, that was good.
Speaker 2: Uh dominating the NFC East, that happened. We'll give him that.
Speaker 4: I mean, did it happen this year?
Speaker 2: How about the home win streak? Do you remember when the Cowboys won sixteen straight?
Speaker 1: Gamel On, hold on, I would like to rewind. I want to go back. I want to go back to dominating the NFC East. Didn't the Eagles play in a Super Bowl while he was here?
Speaker 4: Nuh no, oh yeah they did. They won?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but twenty and ten in the NFC, all right, East, Meanwhile they're going to Super Bowls. Home win streak. The Cowboys won sixteen straight games at home.
Speaker 4: About that.
Speaker 3: There was a time where it fell much they had a home field advantage, and then that went away very quickly to their final tale, coach.
Speaker 1: When it went away, it went away real hard, like a six game losing street.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it is it?
Speaker 3: Uh is do home teams lack home field advantages now in general? Because people are traveling to watch football games. Because I'd go to a Cowboy game and it felt like it was fifty to fifty with the other fan base.
Speaker 4: Oh is that wonder? Yeah, it's more fun.
Speaker 5: I'll say that I've traveled twice to different stadiums to watch Dolphins on the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: But it's really fun. I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean I've only been to what Lambeau. You just just the open air is just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You just don't want to go to Philly, No, like you will get into a fight. Yes, people are asses.
Speaker 5: You've seen that new video, right, Yeah, that Eagles guy called okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah he got banned from the stadium. At least they stepped up and did the right thing. Yeah, what did he do.
Speaker 5: He called this girl who's just kind of cheering for the other team mine in her own business, called her a sea word and called her ugly and just kept going after for no reason.
Speaker 1: Pretty standard Philly stuff. Really, Yeah, poor ladies.
Speaker 2: Just an owner of the Packers out there, just trying to enjoy the game like the rest of us.
Speaker 4: That's a bad game.
Speaker 5: Was she a Packers fan?
Speaker 3: She was?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: The Loew's number five, the Lambeau let down twenty twenty two, McCarthy's triumphant returned to Lambo. If you remember, the Cowboys got up twenty eight to fourteen and then blew it. If you guys remember that one.
Speaker 4: Uh was that the playoff game? Or no? No, that was a that was a regular season game. That was a game.
Speaker 2: Christian Watson had four touchdowns in it. The first year he brings in Mike Nolan as defensive coordinator. Dak breaks his leg in ankle five Week five, and the Cowboys were two and seven when they hit the bye week. But after the year, you know, it's like, hey, COVID, COVID got us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 2: Number three, the playoff loss to San Francisco nineteen to twelve, in which the final play was Ezekiel Elliott at center.
Speaker 4: It's the worst moment in the NFL, which.
Speaker 2: I think that's unfair because that's a Kellen. That was Kellen's last play with the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That wasn't Mike, if you want, I don't think that's as Wait, yeah, that's to me. That's not as bad as what I'm sure will be number one. Well, okay, number two was the other forty nine ers. Go okay, I thought that would be number one.
Speaker 2: The year before Zeke debuted on the offensive line was when they tried to go down the field and spike it and rent out of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was so terrible, dude, It was so bad. That was Travis's last game as a Cowboy too. That's how Travis Frederick went out.
Speaker 3: Him and Zeke went out the same way playing center.
Speaker 4: Is that right? Travis Quitt in twenty twenty one, I don't know, dude.
Speaker 3: He might have quared reporting, Yeah, you're you're the Dallas Morning News in this scenario, not me.
Speaker 4: Number one.
Speaker 2: It is the forty eight thirty two loss to the Packers in the playoffs twenty seven to nothing, getting down twenty seven to nothing. You know, again, you could have hired dan Quin, but it will look weird if you hired a guy who just give it forty eight pints in a playf GA. Although Dak threw a pick six in that game, so forty one points.
Speaker 1: Okay, So no, So think about what you just laid out for his five years. The first year was a disaster, then three devastating playoff losses that didn't make sense, and then this year, yeah, and then Jerry, and then we're going to bring him back for a couple of years if he was interested in a short timer.
Speaker 3: Right, if you just take a cheap deal, all right, this thing is dysfunctional. The latest Cowboys coaching rumors coming to your way at four to ten. Coming up next Brooks Shields not on the show, but as a topic.