Speaker 1: I'm going on a golf trip later this week, and it's kind of a funny story of well, here's what the thing. It's in Wyoming, right, and you everyone's heard of Devil's Tower, right, heard of it? The big mountain that used to be a volcano, And it's the closing counters of the third time. Yes, that's the tower and it's very very close to there, and that is in Wyoming. But I'm starting out in Sturge of South Dakota with my buddy Marlin, who lives there in the summertime. And then we're driving to Devil's Tower. And on the way there, I've been there before. On the way there, we go through a town that Marlin has dubbed the creepiest town in America because when you drive through it, it is literally just crap on the side of the road and people live there. And every time he said, I've never seen a human driving through here in the daytime. I think the zombies live here.
Speaker 2: They're inside and during the day and come out at night.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: It looks like it would be in one of your crazy zombie shows that you love. Really, Yes, and it's a small little I gotta take a video of it next time when I'm up there this week, because it is the creepiest little town and it's in Wyoming and it takes all of maybe a minute to drive.
Speaker 2: Through it and never seen a human being, never.
Speaker 3: Seen a human being out walking around.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I know. Not it's it's strange that you don't, but it should be.
Speaker 1: If did I tell you Marlin asked me to drive back with him, drive back to Dallas. Yeah, he was like, because I made my plans. He and he called me and goes, when does your flight leave on Monday? And I told JB this last week and I said, well, I'm not leaving until Wednesday. He goes, well, I'm leaving on Monday to drive back to Dallas. Why don't you ride with me? No thanks, as enticing as that offer is, I will a.
Speaker 3: Two day trip. Oh yeah, easy, two days South Dakota with Chita Kansas.
Speaker 1: And then he goes, you just fly home from Dallas, Like, no, no thanks, I don't think so. I don't think I want to do that. So you're now yeah, and we're played it in a golf tournament. It's a nimber guest golf tournament where Marlin's the member and.
Speaker 3: I'm the guest. I'm America's guest everywhere.
Speaker 2: You're a professional guest, Yes, I am.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I'm not as good as I used to be at it, but I mean I was. I've been guests so many times on great fishing trips, great hunting trips, golf trips with great the.
Speaker 3: Tour de France. We were America's guest for that.
Speaker 2: That was amazing.
Speaker 1: The FedEx Golf Playoffs with Rich Beam. I was America's guest to that. So it's something to be proud of. Yeah, my friend more and I always joke. Joke is the key word.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 1: You gotta have friends that can produce, right, choose your friends that can make good things happen for you.
Speaker 2: What makes you wonder? How anybody hangs run with us?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What can we do?
Speaker 3: What? Concert tickets? Hell, we can't even do that anymore? Right?
Speaker 1: Right? Someone did text me asking yesterday if I had tickets to the wrestling yesterday? No any.
Speaker 3: Anymore tickets to anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So uh, but we do have tickets to give away and a trip to Las Vegas at nine o'clock if you want to go to Las Vegas for the iHeartRadio Music Festival. We got a chance for you to win that at nine o'clock. Trip for two. Everything's taken care of. Plus we give you a thousand dollars gift card to take with you and go have yourself a fancy dan Er or just blow it at the strip bars in Vegas whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: With a card a gift card, but nothing like showing up at the Spearmint Rhino with a thousand dollars gift card.
Speaker 3: I'm just setting it down and going, I'll love it.
Speaker 1: Right here you go, honey, I got a thousand dollars Visa gift card for you. Jeez.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't That doesn't scream super super cool, does it?
Speaker 3: Right? I hope you don't. Don't cry while I'm gone, you know what.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna be all right. I think I'm going to get there. Did you cry while I was gone for a five?
Speaker 3: One drop?
Speaker 2: Not a drop?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think we're past the crying for each other's presence, don't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe when you.
Speaker 4: Die, maybe, I mean, if you could squeeze out a few tears for me when I when I die.
Speaker 2: That would be nice.
Speaker 3: But do you want to speak at your funeral? Why are we talking about this? I don't know. I do not want you speaking at my funeral. No, I don't think a kid.
Speaker 4: I'd want my girls to speak and only talk about funny things, only funny. And I want I Sugar Pike's passed out at my funeral and probably Chick fil A. And I want everybody to get free candy crush. Okay, free candy candy crush. Sorry, free anyway, but I want them all do download.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for attend Intrition's service. On your way out, please scan the QR code for your free candy cord.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to happen.
Speaker 3: I want my funeral to say, brought to you.
Speaker 4: By as we shoot the flaming arrows out to your Viking funeral.
Speaker 3: That's what I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want Our bank proudly sponsors the Sandy Show makes the switch effortlessly by visiting www dot r dot bank November FDIC. Just for full disclosure, here these are ten things to do before summer ends in Austin that I promise you Tricia and I will not do.
Speaker 3: Anything we're not going to do any of these Probably not, and.
Speaker 1: Most people that have lived here for any amount of time probably won't either. The only time you really do some of these things is when you've got people in town. Yeah, your family's visiting from Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: To the oasis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. You take them to see the bats. Yeah. Right.
Speaker 1: You go down to the bridge and you sit there and hope the bats come out. And that's a big misconception. The bats don't always come out.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 4: I think I've gone three times since I've lived here my entire life.
Speaker 2: You see the bats. Haven't seen them fly one time.
Speaker 3: I've gone a couple of times and only seen them once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't seen them.
Speaker 1: Another thing from this, By the way, do five to one two dot com is a good website panel if you've checked it out for things to do in Austin. Go on a date at the drive in theater at the Blue Starlight drive in Theater.
Speaker 3: Have you been there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 3: I'm not exactly sure to tell you the show.
Speaker 2: I would love to do that.
Speaker 4: You know, whenever we drive our daughter to camp, we pass that old abandoned drive in theater.
Speaker 3: I know I always want to buy it.
Speaker 4: I know always say we should open one in Austin. People would go crazy for that, especially because everything old is new again.
Speaker 1: And the problem with the driving back in the day is the sound sucked. Now with technology and Bluetooth and all that stuff, just it would sound great in your car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would sound amazing, right, So find out where that is. I don't know where it is.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing South blue light stuff, but there used to be one between Austin and sam Marcos back in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. Drive in theater.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I feel like we can't go unless we go in a really really old time car. Five hundred VFW Road Austin VFW Vfwust at North I thirty five and Breaker and then San Antonio Street in Austin.
Speaker 3: There's two. Huh interesting, we'll see what's playing. Maybe we'll go check it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Look, here's a couple more things that are suggested you do before the end of summer.
Speaker 3: I don't you have to do this before the end of summer. You do it all year long.
Speaker 1: Go play Peter Parham Minigolf, which is always been there since nineteen forty eight.
Speaker 4: I had birthday parties there. Our daughter had one of her birthday parties there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Cash only byob by the way, take a hike at the Barton Creek green Belt.
Speaker 4: Too hot, Oh, I tried to do that with their daughter, not like I don't know, four or five years ago.
Speaker 2: Too hot, it was dry, no water running, too.
Speaker 3: Hot, too hot. Here's one.
Speaker 1: You gotta be brave for this one. Friends, and you gotta be what's the word I'm looking for, unashamed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, hippie hollow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine people coming to visit you and Loo, We're gonna go out to the lake and then you get there and you're like, oh yeah, you got to take your clothes off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a big sign as you walk in that tells you nude swimming or sunbathing may be occurring beyond this point. So if you're shy, might not be the place for I've always wanted to go.
Speaker 3: I've never gone. Yeah, I always wanted to just go check it out.
Speaker 4: Well, and we've checked it out from the lake. Yeah, Well we're though creepy people in the boat. We're looking.
Speaker 3: You get one drive by, that's it.
Speaker 2: You can't stare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't go by twice then you're creepy and it's creepy, right, But I don't know. I just think it's because you know it's a trail going back in there? Are you just walking along and all of a sudden there's there's naked guy you.
Speaker 4: I think you only get naked when you're there on the beach. I don't think you could be naked like getting from your car to there. I think it's only okay when you're there, like you undress once you say you're there, Yes, but then you can If you got to just go for a hike, well.
Speaker 2: I don't I think that.
Speaker 4: Do you then have to put your clothes on if you're going to hike around and get encounter other people who don't want to see naked people.
Speaker 1: Finally, on this list from du five to one to two of things you got to do before summer ends, you better be pretty cool to do this, because I'm not cool enough to go to the South Congress Hotel and hang out.
Speaker 4: At the pool South k We are not cool enough to get there. They're not gonna let us in.
Speaker 3: Forty bucks to get into the pool, So you.
Speaker 4: Don't have to be a renting a room there. You can just go pay the forty bucks and hang out at the pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah during the week, but Friday and Saturday there's seventy five bucks a ticket. Can always opt for the Sunday rooftop reset ticket at twenty bucks, which gives you pool access from one to seven city.
Speaker 2: We are not cool enough to be allowed there.
Speaker 3: No, no, I think we are. They wouldn't.
Speaker 1: They would look at me and go, you and bald head and the harry back get out of here.
Speaker 4: Hear not welcome here and take your very unphotogenic wife.
Speaker 1: This is for the beautiful people. You clearly didn't get the memo that this is pretty people. So you and your unphotogenic wife. You just guys, just waddle along. Maybe maybe some Mexican food might be better for us. What's that place on South Congress, The Mexican food place that it's always a buzz, but the food's not very great.
Speaker 4: South Congress. Where's yeah, yeah, gross fun? It does it does?
Speaker 3: So, Tricia.
Speaker 1: You know I love an epic fail, right, So it tries real, real hard to do something and.
Speaker 3: They just fall flat on their face.
Speaker 1: Today we go to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Oh there's more. They don't quit. Oh they did quit. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Guy in Pittsburgh got arrested after he spent three hours trying to break into jail.
Speaker 2: Into jail, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if you want to go to jail, you don't have to try this hard. He's a thirty four year old named Charles Felder, and he tried to break into the lobby at four o'clock in the morning by kicking the glass doors using garbage cans as battering rams. He ended up breaking the two inch thick bullet proof glass, but he never got inside, and he also ripped off the door handle. He kept at it, like I said, for three hours, and then the police found him passed out.
Speaker 2: He wore himself out, yep.
Speaker 1: He then he resisted the cops that were taking him to jail. They were putting them in an ambulance for minor emergency treatments, and.
Speaker 3: He spit in the medic's face. Oh that's when all the gloves come off. That's what I like.
Speaker 2: And now you've made me mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: I was at a football game in Columbus, Ohio, and it was the Texas Longhorns against Ohio State. I was a Texas fan, had the shirt on Texas wins. We were walking out and those fans were so nasty and so mean, would like walk. They'd be walking towards you and they'd spit on the sidewalk in front of you. And I remember saying, oh, class to my buddy Scott.
Speaker 3: I go, Scott, I go.
Speaker 1: If someone spits on me, it's it's odd. We're going, so just be ready and nobody spit on me.
Speaker 4: Spinning it's disgusting and tacky. My grandmother would say, tacky, tacky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't you spin? Oh, I just I get fired. I'm just think I will, I will come at you.
Speaker 4: I think a spitting one step higher than a slap in the face.
Speaker 2: Slap in the.
Speaker 4: Face shocking, yeah, but spinning, it's over the line of slap in the face.
Speaker 3: Body fluids and spitting.
Speaker 1: Is there anything more humiliating than being in a courtroom and having the spit guard on you?
Speaker 3: Ever seen that?
Speaker 1: Trust?
Speaker 4: And I don't blame those deputies, those police officers one bit.
Speaker 2: I even look like you might spit on me.
Speaker 3: I'm putting it on you. I think it'll be mandatory.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 2: I think they should be part of the process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't want to.
Speaker 1: And you know we had those those Thank god those Americans came back from Russia. Yes, but can I tell you something I like about the Russian legal system? What I love how they put the prisoners in the cave.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right in the middle of the courtroom. Just to shame you a little bit more.
Speaker 4: In the cave, in the cage, not your own little plexiglass room.
Speaker 2: It's an actual case, like an animal, like an.
Speaker 4: Animal, and whether they know yet if you've done it or not, the care in the cage.
Speaker 2: Until we figure this out.
Speaker 1: And then we put a spit guard on it. Oh gosh, that's our epic fail. Stick around. More coming up. You can stream us online at one O three to one Austin dot com. Care don't care, just a moment away if you're just joining us. Here's a little bit of stuff that you missed. We told you about a new dating app called Club Pillar, which is a sober dating app. Also in Rapid Fire, Q and A Tricia asked me what my high school nickname was, and it was Blockhead because I have a very large head.
Speaker 3: Kind of like Charlie Brown.
Speaker 1: Full of brains, full of you know what, thank you, thank Unfortunately, my head was not very good at growing hair.
Speaker 4: No, had all those brains in there, but figure out how to grow a hair right on the top.
Speaker 3: But the good Lord gave me a good head for it, Yeah he did again.
Speaker 1: Carry all right, we head and see the beautiful state of Idaho, Southern Idaho to the specific ray truck hauling forty eight thousand pounds of molasses.
Speaker 3: Crashed into a truck. You care. I don't care to know what that truck was hauling.
Speaker 4: I definitely care, But you no. I thought you're gonna say, like cookies or no oatmeal?
Speaker 3: Poop poop.
Speaker 1: Now, to make matters worse, the manure truck caught on fire. Bro a thousand pounds of molasses spilled onto the highway, blocking the road for over four hours. You know what's funny about that is it makes me think of my buddy Trey, who's got to clean up business.
Speaker 3: And they clean up anything.
Speaker 2: You think they clean that up?
Speaker 1: Oh, they could clean up molasses that my favorite clean up store, like they do oil spills and stuff like that. It's like, you have no idea Sandy, how much stuff spills in a day and you just never hear about it, and he goes My favorite one, My favorite one that he told me about is that there was a big milk plant in Fort Worth, Texas where like one hundred thousand gallons of milk spilled in the factory.
Speaker 3: Oh god, they had to get there and clean it up.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine how bad it smelled?
Speaker 1: And it's time because it's going to rock, and so they like, we got to get places fast with vacuum trucks.
Speaker 2: Then when I want to ask him, when you suck it up, where do you do?
Speaker 3: What do you do with it? Where does it go?
Speaker 2: Where do you put it?
Speaker 3: I'm sure they've got ways to dispose of I mean, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: But I want to know how.
Speaker 4: I'll ask him mention the ants around the molasses spill.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's just amazing how much stuff spills and has got to be cleaned. It's just something you never think about, right right never, Tricia Carrot, don't care to know who the new Hollywood power couple is. I care it's Ryan Reynolds and Blake Live.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it is. I mean it is.
Speaker 1: Their deadpool and Wolverine took in fifty four million dollars, is the weekend over the weekend number one at the box office. Meanwhile, Blake Livesly Lively It Ends with Us did fifty million and it's debut wake weekend to come in second place. The last time a husband wife duo took the top two spots at the box office was in nineteen ninety. Bruce Willis's Die Hard two finished in first place, to Mean Moore head Ghosts It came in second place. Oh jeez, Wow, they're.
Speaker 3: Doing all right.
Speaker 2: They're doing all right for sure.
Speaker 3: Wow, good for them. Right we why can't we'd be a radio power couple?
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like we're trying. Yeah, I mean we're trying really hard. Right, what else do you think we could do that we're not doing.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you had a body like Blake Lively, Well, nobody's going to see it r on the radio.
Speaker 2: What if we were what if we were like naked radio?
Speaker 4: Nobody we could just say we were, Yeah, we could, that's true. I don't know, we got to maybe we gotta think about it a little bit more. Finally, in care don't care to care or don't care to know? About a woman that found a message.
Speaker 3: In a bottle.
Speaker 2: Oh, I definitely care.
Speaker 1: So you know, the hurricane Debbie made a big mess right right, And a woman in Tampa she discovered while cleaning up after the hurricane a message in a bottle from World War Two. Well, wow, she took the She removed the letter from inside the bottle and it was dated March fourth, nineteen forty five. Other things inside the bottle included sand, a few shells, a bullet casing, and a mini cannon ball. It had been written on the on US Navy letterhead from the Amphibious Training Base in Little Creek, Virginia.
Speaker 2: Wow, huh, and just been floating around.
Speaker 3: It's been floating around and she found it.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: I would never opened it.
Speaker 2: Why don't you want to read?
Speaker 4: They put the message in the bottle so somebody would read their message.
Speaker 3: Out a auction it to find out what it says.
Speaker 4: You would have opened it first, so then it's as mystery you would know.
Speaker 2: Nobody else would kind of like, what's your face?
Speaker 3: You road?
Speaker 4: The rote of You're So vain story Simon Carly signing to be like the message in a bottle version of Carly Simon.
Speaker 1: Just a little tip for you. If you ever find yourself in a court room in front of a judge, you should probably keep your mouth shut. Don't talk, don't say anything. You're gonna hear about it in our daily audio file in just a moment. It's the Sandy Show. My name is Sandy. What's your name? My name's Tricia. You can find the podcast of the Sandy Show wherever it is. You get your podcast music free and commercial free. It's available every single day. All you have to do is search the Sandy Show. He's your day audio fire. Before we get to that story about the guy that should have kept his mouth shut in court?
Speaker 3: Are you a Millana? You are a Milana? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I loved that movie.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: The trailer from Millana Too was revealed at Disney's D twenty three event over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Before Mollie stool Tifft's Heart.
Speaker 2: Our ancestors wanted.
Speaker 4: To connect our island to all the people of the entire ocean.
Speaker 2: Huh, it's my job as a leaf final to finish what I started.
Speaker 3: I do that just for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't care about Millenna.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, would have been their correct response.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's the one with the rock. Yeah, that's when the rock. Oh I missed an opportunity there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mid night dude in Michigan was in court on a minor trespassing charge and he was hit with five hundred and fifty eight days for contempt of court just because he's got a dirty mouth.
Speaker 3: Here you go, it's trespassing.
Speaker 1: I could technically leave and you guys could issue a warrant as long as our return.
Speaker 2: Because his line, I'm gonna tell you what, you don't come in, that's contempted.
Speaker 3: That's another ninety three. That's another ninety three. That's six ninety three consecutive.
Speaker 2: Six ninety three ninety three days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the jail house, that's over that.
Speaker 1: Your mouth man almost two years for a minor trespassing charge just because you were a jockey, didn't respect the court or the judge.
Speaker 3: And now you're in the jail house.
Speaker 2: Idiot, that's the place. That's probably the safest place for that guy.
Speaker 4: It just one ranged, right, I'm astounded how stupid people can be.
Speaker 1: I know, they just don't know how things work. Apparently. Oh my god, here's a guy staying with the prison thing. This is a good thing. After spending sixteen years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, a guy named Arvel Marshall was released and is now free all things to a surveillance video from two thousand and eight, which attorneys say was handed over before it says he did not kill a guy in Brooklyn, New York, was not him.
Speaker 3: He spent the.
Speaker 1: Last sixteen years in prison saying I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Here he is.
Speaker 2: You don't want to close your eyes because you don't want it to be a dream.
Speaker 3: So it's like, I'm right now, I'm nervous and I'm sleepy, but I don't want to close my eyes. I don't want to wake out. And I'm backing up seven. You know what a what a nightmare night?
Speaker 2: I mean literally a nightmare.
Speaker 1: That could happen. It could have happened to anybody. Yes, sixteen years of his life locked up. By the way, I started watching Tulsa King Semester Stone.
Speaker 3: Is it good?
Speaker 2: It's pretty good by Taylor's Sheridan. I know that guy's a good writer.
Speaker 3: He's got some stuff going on.
Speaker 2: But can you get past that?
Speaker 4: It's Sylvester Stallone, It's not Rocky uh, a different character.
Speaker 1: It looks completely different. I'm just saying though, no, I can get past it. Really, I have a big brain.