Speaker 1: M HM five O five if if you have k r C be Cox station, if you're Friday even.
Speaker 2: I'm the dude man.
Speaker 1: You may be is not quite off a note, I am not. I am Brian Thomas, host to the thirty five Heresy Morning Show. Je Drecker is. I think he's in the production booth. Camera's not working in there. I can't see him. I still miss the old days when I could look up and look through a window and see just Drecker and obscene hand gestures exchange back and forth.
Speaker 3: No longer the case.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, great day in the program this morning, thanks to Joe for a lineup guest. We're gonna hear from Ken Cober this morning. FOP President Ken Cober, responding to the we have to have par bol claims that the Sincint Police are not going to be assisting Immigrations and Customs enforcement agents in connection with rounding up illegal immigrants. Real they or won't they? More on that moment, We've got Lynn Arnold. She is a fantastic lady, really involved with the Young Mariness program. One's going to be in studio to offer congratulations to the Young Marine Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity returns and seven point thirty here from Donovan quite often today support for Ohio Senate Bill three. And also something that I'm supportive of, a flat tax. Damn tax code. Get rid of all of it and just charge everyone X amount. No rideouts, no deductions, no incentives, no manipulation of our behavior thanks to the tax code. Just a flat ray bomb gets over. Why can't we have that? And I'm sorry for the accountants in the world who will be deprived of employment. I just have to put you in the same area as the coal industry workers who no longer have a job because of government policy. Sorry, it's just it's just you know, you're smart enough you can go out and find some other means of employment. I feel very confident confident in that, and so can the folks that do the turbo tax program every year. Al Knipper, uh seven forty al Knipper remember him from the railroad fight. Yes, of course we do. He's got comments about Hyde Park development, the Connected Communities program landing in Hyde Park apparently where they want to do a development of a much larger multi family unit as well as a hotel and some residents they are saying not in my backyard. Huh. Maybe need to change the makeup of Cincinnati City Council since they're the ones that passed that ordinance. And speaking of that, Brian Patrick frank yesterday in the program he's running from mayor of the City of Cincinnati under the Republican banner. I know that's an uphill challenge. I thought of Sissyphis right away on that one. Brian Patrick Frankie didnt get a chance to listen to Brian his thoughts and comments podcast fifty five careseea dot com along with Judge Napolitano, Frank abrams with the book The Cockfight. He's a defense lawyer and it's a work of fiction, but it outlines the realities of what happens when someone is wrongfully accused. Yeah, the downside of that is absolutely tragic. Plus the big Picture with Jack adad In, John Stoolittle raiders subject matter for Jack that's there at the fifty five car Sea dot com as well. Fast forward to eight oh five John Gordon, host of the syndicated show The Truth with John Gordon, who's a national topics analyst. We'll talk about Trump's first weeks and finally of course, and the timing couldn't be better.
Speaker 3: As tragic as it is.
Speaker 1: I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattliff and got a whole bunch of topics to talk about Moon. And we'll add two topic, the Reagan Washington National Airport crash, which we'll get to here in a moment.
Speaker 3: Among the topics.
Speaker 1: With jay Booms SuperSonics test flight successful, it flew.
Speaker 3: Faster than the speed of sound.
Speaker 1: Man could face a ten year prison sentence for attacking an airline. Gate agent idiot Jeff Blue offering a cash incentive for their captains to retire Early Frontier Airlines making a second effort to swallow up and buy Spirit Airlines. And finally we will get hub delays, which of course I suspect Reagan International or Reagan Washington National Airport will be among those. So the search and rescue effort is still underway. You probably know about this, but if you're just waking up, this is insane, and it's captured on video. As you might imagine, there's so many cameras out in the world. You know, I was watching the video of this collision happened between a commercial flight psa Airlines bombardier cr J seven hundred regional jet ran right into a so of course the eight six helicopter while on approach runway thirty three at regular International Reaguan National Airport. Happened at nine pm last evening. I was asleep, but the video of it is is just and the exchange between the air traffic controllers and the pilots just really puzzling. How in God's name could this have possibly happened. You can see the helicopter flying in a straight line, you know, and the jet approaching as it gets ready to land on runway thirty three, and they just the jet and the helicopter just boom right into each other. When you think of all the massive airspace around, I mean, for a helicopter and a jet to collide like that, it just seems impossible to believe. Accord to FAA, the jet again ran into the plane. I ran into the helicopter. Nine pm, THESA, operating as flight fifty three forty two for American Airlines, took off from Wichita, Kansas. Trump released the statement shortly after I have been fully briefed on the terrible action which just took place at Reagan National Airport. May God bless their souls. We thank the first responders for the work they were doing, but they're not doing any work now. As I was coming into the work this morning, no ambulances departing the scene. They were just sitting there. I think they reported like one or two boats. We're floating around the water, maybe trying to find folks, but I think they've written everyone off. Sixty passengers and four crew members on the aircraft, and apparently the helicopter had three folks on it. Three soldiers on the helicopter at the time of the crash, court in an Army official, American Airlines said in a statement, are concerns for the passengers and crew aboard the aircraft. Were in contact with authorities and assisting with the emergency responts. But again, as the passage of time went on, it seems as though they've written off the idea that anyone could have possibly survived. Army issued a state but we can confirm the aircraft involved in tonight's incident was an Army UH sixty helicopter from Bravo Company twelve Aviasian Battalion out of Davidson Army Airfield, Fort Belvard during a training flight working with local officials and will provide additional information once it's available. The UH sixty Sikorski, a four blade, twin engine medium lift utility military helicopter, can carry up to fifteen people, although as I mentioned, not that many on board as of last evening. Late they said in a press conference, flights will resume from the airport around eleven o'clock this morning. That remains to be seen, but also at the time of the crash, clear skies and all the video that you can watch yourself does certainly confirm that visibility of ten miles wins sixteen miles per hour, a few gusts, though occasionally I don't think that had anything to do with it when you watch the trajectory of the aircraft and the helicopter. Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy posted that he has directed US Department of Transportation and FA to provide full support to the National Transportation and Safety Board in investigating this.
Speaker 3: I have spoken with Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Mayor Browser, Virginia Governor Yonkin, Kansas Governor Kelly and Tsbach, Air Homedy, Home, and DY to offer agencies complete assistance, he wrote an a post. Apparently the Washington Phildolph National Capital Response Squad responding to an aviation incident. According to the FBI, Homeland Security Secretary Christy Numb said every available US Coast Guard resource was being deployed to assist with search and rescue efforts. But again, as of the you know the drive time reporting as I was coming in, it looks as though those efforts have ended now a few minutes before landing, air traffic controllers asked the arriving commercial jeff it could land on a shorter run day runway was runway thirty three. Pilots said yeah, that was fine. They cleared the pile. The controllers then cleared the plane to land on that runway, and flight tracking sites showed the plane adjust its approach to the new runway as one might expect. Audio air traffic control towel around the time of the craft, the controllers heard asking the helicopter, the helicopter pat twenty five, you have this CRJ. That's the aircraft. You have the CRJ in sight, Apparently, cording to Fox News, the helicopter did respond, but on a different free frequency one that is used for helicopters. Tower did you see that one? Another pilot has heard calling seconds after the collision. Trump had this to say later on social media. The airplane was on a perfect and routine line of approach to the airport. The helicopter going straight at the airplane for an extended period of time. And that's exactly what I saw in the video. It's a clear night. Lights on the plane were blazing. Why didn't the helicopter go up, down or turn? Why didn't the control taler tell the helicopter what to do instead of asking if they saw the plane. This is a bad situation. It looks like it should have been prevented. Not good and not good is in all caps with three exclamation points from the president. American Airlines issued to statement saying it's go team was headed to the area and that the CEO, Robert Eisen, would be on his way to the scene shortly. They also spent a set up a special helpline for friends and family. That's the first time there's been a crash involming US commercial airliners since two thousand and nine, which was the Colgian Air flight from Newark, New Jersey, to Buffalo, which stalled and crash during a landing approach near Buffalo. Niagara International Airport on February twelve, two thousand and nine, killing all forty five passengers and four crew member.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm reminded.
Speaker 1: I think Jay Rattloff had mentioned that we had gone through one of the longest periods of time without a domestic aviation crash. This has been a conversation we've had several times over the past month or two or three, and I always felt like knocking wood when he said that. Well interested very much so in hearing what Jay has to say about that this morning. How could that have possibly happened? The answer made lie in the comments of Jay Ratliff eight thirty for that five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk goth pound five fifty on AT and T funds. Maybe you got a comment, Feel free to call. Love hearing from folks, love the exchange. Don't go away. I'll be right back in a mostly coody Saturday high of forty five right now, twenty seven degrees.
Speaker 3: If it's a five karri CD talk.
Speaker 1: Station five twenty fifty five kr CD talk station, feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T funds. I don't bite. Je Drekker's having some troubles this morning. In addition to the camera not working, apparently his computer crashed. Could make things challenging this morning. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Hang in there, Judge Drekker, Hang in there, and he's going to the clinker. Judge Sidney Stein sentenced Democratic former Democratic Senator Bob Andnendez. He's getting eleven years in prison. Happened yesterday, concluding the trial for the long running bribery and foreign influence scheme of rare gravity, said the judge. Prosecutors had asked for a fifteen year sentence, and Mendez seventy one years old, so he's probably going to be dead before the eleven years are served. Convicted back in July last year, sixteen counts of bribery, extortion, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice. First US senator in American history to be convicted of working as a foreign agent his co defendants, while Hannah and fred Dibies were sentenced to eight and seven years, respectively. Prosecutors in a statement has proven of trial the defendants engaged for years an a corruption and foreign influenced scheme of stunning brazenness, breath, and duration, resulting in exceptionally grave abuses of power at the highest levels of the legislative branch in the United States government. You probably can say that about Joe Biden at the executive branch. Joe Biden, but obviously we're not going to get any convictions of the Biden crime family. Joe Biden, of course, cognitively appaired so much so that he couldn't be prosecuted. I remember that one. He couldn't run for president either, and of course he pardoned his entire family. So I still hope the investigations take place, quite honestly. An Endes conviction after a nine week trial. He was accused of accepting gifts totally more than one hundred thousand dollars in gold, bars and cash. Accused and convicted of participating in the year's long bribery scheme involving the governments of Egypt and Cutter. His wife, set to go to trial March eighteenth, also allegedly participated in the scheme. She's accused of receiving paycheck for a job that didn't exist prosecutors. Ahead of sentencing, he had this to say. Menendez, who swore an oath to represent the United States in the state of New Jersey, instead put his high office up for sale in exchange for his horde of bribes. Yeah, remarkable parallels there to Menendez and the Biden crime. Fairly family.
Speaker 3: Huh uh.
Speaker 1: Hunter Biden checked the laptop out. If you don't believe me, it's right there in black and white. He was charged back in twenty twenty three accus of accepting gifts again totally more than one hundred thousand dollars in gold bars and cash. Well, good cautionary tale for other members of the Senate and the House who might be similarly involved in that conduct. And you really have to ask yourself out loud, and it's been documented over and over and over again. How could someone go to Washington, d C. One hundred and seventy five thousand dollars salary and leave Washington, d C. After some lengthy period of time getting elected to real life that as a multi millionaire.
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 1: Insider trading maybe or maybe acting as a foreign agent.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hunter Biden wasn't even elected official, and he geted up landing millions and millions of dollars in foreign payments. Why, well, the Biden name, you know, it's irrefutable. The man had no skill set. Look at the gas prompt situation, the Ukrainian gas red production facility. How in the hell did Hunter Biden land on the board of directors for that one? Huh? Anything untoward going on here?
Speaker 3: Maybe just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Got the American well, I guess, you know, maybe the American population was paying attention and recognized this. Although Joe Biden wasn't running against Donald Trump. Donald Trump won a decisive victory without question. I think we've had enough of this. We've been we're fed up in scruption must end. How can I keep going? Joe's computer's not working, so we can't take a commercial break. So quite honestly, I would love to hear from you if you want to comment or say something, or fill in the time space. It's a little bit frustrating this morning. I see Steve's calling in. We'll take Steve's call and I'll fast forward to local stories. If I sound a bit frustrated, think you understand. In anticipation of Ken Kober joining the program comingup with six thirty since the mayor, aftab Perval confirmed to Fox nineteen reporting thank you, Mike Schell at Fox nineteen, the Cincinnati Police will not cooperate with ICE agents and the removal of illegal immigrants. Great, of course, we've been a designated sanctuary city.
Speaker 3: Did you get a chance to vote on that?
Speaker 1: By the way, any of my fellow my friends in the city of Cincinnati, who can vote on CINCINNTI council race and the mayor's race and have a vested interest in matters within the city of Cincinnati, did you vote to become a sanctuary city? No, you didn't. Did you profound implications you could virtue signal back in twenty seventeen about oh we're at thank you a city, And that's before Daddy. You didn't get a say in that, did you now? And now your mayor is telling you that your police department is not going to help ICE get rid of these very dangerous people. This is you know, they rounded up five thousand, five hundred criminal migrants in less than a week so far, and they're just getting going. And it's obvious that ICE knows exactly where these people are exactly where they are. They arrested some Mexican national convicted of raping a child, Edgar de la Cruz Manzo, Thank you very much. Jordanian nationals expective terroritized the isis. They picked him up in Buffalo, MS. Thirteen gang members galore as well as the Trey Deuraguar. What the hell? These gang members are called wanted for murder from l Salvador. That guy was picked up in Los Angeles. Yared Jeremu mcconan Ethiopian national and convicted sex offender, wondered for sexual abuse and kidnapping, picked up in New Orleans. Oh, look all around the United States. A Brazilian national convicted of manslaughter arrested in Boston. Seventy three year old one Ojegak Chang, Cuban national drug trafficking and weapons charges.
Speaker 3: He was picked up for.
Speaker 1: These are dangerous folks and they should be picked up and the mayor of your city after that, pro Ball is telling you that your police department will not help Ice at all. Let's pause, take a break. Steve, you are first out of the gate. Looks like Joe may have things back in order. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: In this week's Marketers Report, we hear about five point thirty on a Friday, even a happy one, till you're going to get straight to the phone before we get the local stories. I think Joe's got things sorted out in the production room. Computer crashes anyhow, interest it that's a tech Friday with Dave had or tomorrow at six thirty, and he could solve the problem, I imagine, Steve. Thanks for holding over the break and welcome to the program. Appreciate your calling this morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, when I do call normally, it's in the six o'clock hour. If I ever call in the five o'clock hour, on my bucket list is never to interrupt the stack of stupid, so I try to get it in there early enough.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 5: I'm your four cylinder listener. So again, you were on four cylinders yesterday and you sound all fired up today, so I think I think you're you're coasting downhill and you're doing well. Three quick comments if you don't mind, And whenever I'm going to call you, I always hear you talking and have extra comments to make as long as you've got the time. Did did the citizens vote to make and I live in Independence, Kentucky. We have a normal mayor. But did I wish I lived in Fort right, because then Dave Hatter would be my mayor. That'd be pretty cool. But he's down this Yeah, he's not far away. But did they vote to make him a sanctuary city? Yes? And no, because they've got all Democrats on city council and the left leaning mayor, so in a way they did. I mean, you put idiots in there, that's what you get. Wondering will the Cincinnati police if there's a blind, ninety year old one legged person trying to cross a busy street, will they help them cross the street or will they watch them get run over by a car. Maybe they should check with them and see if they should help. Uh, since they're if they catch somebody that is guilty of murder, they will turn them loose. But you never know, so what you know. But main reason I'm calling Bob Menendez one of my favorites. My wife and I watch Dateline and it's always like the husband kills the wife, the wife kills the husband, whatever, whatever, And you look at their home computer and it's like, you know, these searches how to poison somebody, how how do kill so, how do we erace permanently delete text messages?
Speaker 2: All that?
Speaker 1: You know, all this stuff.
Speaker 5: So Menendez, I remember this on his home computer, he was trying to look up what is the price of gold? And all the serial numbers on the gold bars were traced back to the foreign government that that bribed him with those gold bars. So he might not have wanted to keep him laying around the house. And it just you like the stupidity. Just turn on the A business channel and they tell you the price of gold, you know, when when they're showing how the markets are doing. But he had no he had no idea what the price of gold was. But a United States senator, you don't need to know it to the exact dollar. But he didn't have any idea.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: And my my third and final comment, if I can pick on you just because to poke the bear a little bit, you're like a bear coming out of hibernation. I'm going to poke you. I do work part time. I'm retired. I work part time. I'm driving around Monday working. I can't call. But of course I'm a faithful listener. And you had your business guy, I think Brian James and and I was dying to get in there and rip you because it was about the thirty two hour week, and I'm and yeah, and You're like, hell, are we going to go to it? You know, Will Will? Could we go to a thirty two? And I'm like, Brian, you're you're a twenty hour a week guy, that that'd be.
Speaker 1: It didn't go I saw it.
Speaker 5: I know you work sixty hours a week, but on air, and I just thought that it just sounded funny.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. But yeah, this involves a whole lot more than the four hours on air, because that's why I get up at two thirty. Man, I spend an hour and four and a half in front, in front of the show, figuring out what happened after I went to sleep last night, like the plane crash in Washington, d C.
Speaker 7: And h.
Speaker 1: I spend probably three or four hours in the day after the show gathering materials to do the next day's show. So yeah, I know it sounds easy, but fill in four hours, especially when Joe Strucker's computer goes down, and see how you like it. It's thirty five Mississippi, James, your next my friend hanging there I'll be right with you as soon as I break for these brief words.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: It's five thirty nine fifty five KRCD talk station. I'm very happy Friday Eve to you. Five on three, seven fifty fight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on eight and T five. Over to the phones we go in Mississippi. James, Welcome back to the fifty five Carecen Morning Shore, my friend, Good.
Speaker 8: Morning doctor Bryan. Okay, Now I have three or four fragmented thoughts. I can pull them together for my life, but to express them out to other peoples, they may seem fragmented. All right, And I'll tell you what. I start with your last caller, and he used the metaphor you are just like a bear coming out of hibernation.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: And I listen at your anger, your frustration of what's going on now, soup and pose yourself over a black sixty seven year old man from Mississippi. As many times as we've had stuff shoved in our fades, down our throats or whatever, and you really didn't have no power, didn't have no money. You just had to learn to coexist with. Now, it seems like society is going to a point. It's right in front.
Speaker 4: Of our eyes.
Speaker 8: We're gonna keep dividing ourselves talking about Republican Democrats or both of them, do it. I We're gonna separate ourselves by class, how much money you got, of religion or sex. You know, all these divisions are just a facade to keep your mind away from the whatever the real deal is. Yes, sir, that's a conversation for another day. So you know, I look at that and I say, men, bears, I guess you don't have no peoples in high places to.
Speaker 1: Parton him.
Speaker 8: So he may be going down. But that's a shage.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: You're right, we need to need to re look.
Speaker 8: At these presidential partner put some rules in with them. Oh can you go in now? We're into pre empty party for anything. Ain't that may come down the bike? Yep, you know, pardoning your family just broad fifteen hundred partners, you know, letting And I used to say all the time that that you call it like a drunken frat party up at Capital six And I think you're doing I mean, January sixth, I think you're doing a disservice to it. But I understand your reasoning you had to get Trump in there. And yeah, Trump is in there, and he's turning over a whole bunch of apple carts. Now, is he gonna go too far with what he's doing? That's what the America people's need to balance this out. But to get that man a cart blanche to do whatever he want to do the way he want to do it, that's not right. That's not the way our system is set up. But yes, we needed Trump because the Democrat had gone so far down a rabbit hole or slippery slope, whatever metaphor we can use, and they didn't have an exit ram go by getting Trump in there, Like I said, the pendulum has swung the other way. Now he's gonna go too far. Hey, those of us that stays in the middle, try to stay sane. You know, we look at it and we see how much is going to affect us.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like a box.
Speaker 8: Well, you got the bob, you know, dimping bob, get out the way of this punch that's coming. Yeah, but that's life. That's my two cents. But hey, you feeling it, brother, you're feeling it, and you're right in this thank you where.
Speaker 1: City you know, yeah, well, you know, listen, that's why I said out loud. I was asking the rhetorical question, did I know the citizens of Cincinnati didn't vote for sanctuary cities in the city the elected officials declared Cincinnati a sanctuary city. But look around this great land of ours, and look at all the problems that illegal, unchecked, unregulard illegal immigration has brought, which has befallen many all Democrats cities, and the people are raging and screaming in town hall meetings and against their councils and their aldermen, and they're elected officials. Look at what you're doing through our communities. Look at the millions, if not billions of dollars that have been steered to war this problem which should not exist. It's affecting our community. That doesn't have a political stripe to it. It's just it's people are witnessed to incompetence and the tragedy that's befallen their neighborhoods because of unchecked on regular illegal immigration. So it ain't the it ain't socialists, it ain't green. It's simply a matter of common sense. So, you know, frustrating to everybody. It's harmed everybody of all political stripes, and most notably as I stare at the terrible statistics coming out of the school children and why America's schools keep flunking, it has befallen our poor children who are trying to get an education because so many resources have been directed to deal with the non English speaking population that have invaded our schools. James, I do appreciate your calls. I truly do, and honestly not a whole lot of argument with some of the points you made there. Really, let us see here. Local story in the stack is stupid. Right on top. I can get one in before we take a break. Officer of the law relieved of duty for purchasing marijuana while on duty. What Toledo, Ohio for this one? Local news WTL fifty one year old say Say Jeremy Burnt allegedly seen on video purchasing marijuana in uniform cues of showing up at the Maximum Performance Cycles and a Maurk police cruiser making the purchase December third, No, if you smoke a joint, well not in this particular case. Court documents obtained by the news station said Maximum Performance Cycles is not a state licensed marijuana dispensary Toledo. The Police department told the station's reporters that Burnt was a twenty one year old veteran who was routinely assigned a field operation charged with Toledo Police Chief Michael Tarandell in a statement, this is an understatement to say that I was disappointed when I was informed that one of our officers was being investigated for criminal conduct. Community place is a great trust in the over six hundred TOWRN officers of the Toledo Police Department to abide and up hold the wall. When an officer breaches that trust, they must be held accountable. We hold our officers to a high standard of personal and professional conduct, and that will always be the case under my administration. It's doing idiot things because they're idiot. Charged with dereliction of duty, which is described as a second degree misdemeanor. Five forty five ify five k CIT Detalk station more stupid coming up.
Speaker 3: I hope you can hang around.
Speaker 4: I'll be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: You struggling with clouds today. Rain shown up around three pm. High forty eight lot of rain, heavy rain at times over night. Forty three for the low got rain tomorrow morning, plus additional scattered showers in the afternoon. High fifty eight, cloudy skies over night, then to thirty two Saturday, mostly clouds in a high of forty five twenty seven degrees. Right now, it's time for first traffic, our second traffic. See if train fing center.
Speaker 10: Expect more you see help, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personal btes care, more chances to get you back to being you visit uc health dot com. Highways in pretty good shape with one exception. That's northbound seventy five. There's an accident just as you're coming off of the Brand Spence that blocks the right lanes. That's backing tramping up through Covington and close to a twenty minute delay. Chuck Kingbraman fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: By forty nine fifty five KRC DE talk station directly to the Eastact stupid Happy Friday Eve by the way, uh Blogney battery or BLOWNA twenty nine year old Aquavius Chandler, described as a convicted fell and arrested Sunday after a confrontation with his roommate over the accused man's use of a PlayStation five criminal complaints, as the male victim told police, yes, he removed the gaming system from Chandler's bedroom because he was being too loud using the EPs five. According to Kalaid, the victims state of the defendant became aggressive and began to yell at him, saying that while he was being yelled at, Chandler threw a bologna sandwich at him, which ultimately hit him in the center of his chest. OH investigator said the man had no visible injuries from the blowney strike, which the video recorded on his phone. Of course there's video. Chandler, on probation at the time of his bust, reportedly confessed to the blowney sandwich toss inside the residence. Thank you, Joe. It's exactly what I was thinking. Normally it would have been a misdemeanor. The alleged battery upgraded to felony because of Chandler's multiple prior battery convictions, two of which involved video games. No word on whether the sandwich had mustard on it. Joe Channel, now facing also probation violation charge, being held without bond for throwing a sandwich. Miami, Florida landlord allegedly murdered his tenant over an argument about a thermostad temperature. Just away, thirty seven year old Adam Louise Anson run it out of a small apartment to tenants that was attached to his home. Single thermostad controlled the temperature for both the house and the apartment, located in a hallway within the apartment, Anson became upset with the temperature for reasons unknown to police, and intended of walking into the apartment and changing the temperature. He reportedly armed himself with a handgun knocked in the apartment door eight o'clock in the morning Saturday. Police said when the fifty seven year old Carlos Alberto Gonzalez opened the door, Anson forced himself inside the efficiency and began using to punch the victim unprovoked. After a scuffle short scuffle, Anson allegedly dragged Gonzalez into the backyard and shot him in the head multiple times, and then walk back inside the apartment adjusted the thermostat before picking up the phone to dial nine to one one. Gonzales treated by first responders but died. Anson claimed that he acted in self defense and only shot Gonzales after the man tried to hit him, but police say they found no evidence of self defense.
Speaker 6: Perio is the biggest douche of the universe.
Speaker 1: Times in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche.
Speaker 2: Stan You.
Speaker 1: We go, We stay. In Florida, where a Florida attorney recently arrested after an altercation at a buffet line which turned physical. Fifty two year old Mark Rower if people would just heed that advice, Joe accused of one kind of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, according to the Palm Beach County jail records, started with verbal exchange ended in violence. Happened January eighteenth during a wedding at the Boca Lago Country clb in Boca Ratan as a tradition. During the reception, the fendant was allegedly in line at the prime rib carving station when two young girls cut.
Speaker 4: In front of him as a tradition.
Speaker 1: He got angry about being being cut in front of at the buffet in confront of the father of one of the girls, cord to the deputy reporting the slimmer man ignored the man yelling at him and did not respond. Without provocation, The large bald man struck the slimmer man on the head with a dinner plate. From there on, a melee began between a large number of the wedding guests. As a tradition, man attacked relative. Following version of the events, victim then stated that a white male standing behind him became upset it was being cut in line, and the white male, who was later identified as Mark Stewart Rower, walked up to him.
Speaker 3: And began arguing.
Speaker 1: The victim stated that when he was attempting to remove himself from the situation, he turned around to avoid further contact. The victim than alleged that he was hit over the head with a dinner plate and he was shoved while off balance. The victim grabbed him by the collar and held a plate over his head, but initially initially questioned Ror invoked his Miranda rights. During custodial interview later at the Palm Beach County Sheriff District seventh substation, he allegedly agreed to speak court. To the police report, the defendants stated that he was upset that he was being cut in line, did get into an argument with the victim and admitted to making first contact by pushing the victim, although he denied hitting the other man with the plate. He did tell the investigators that the reception was a dry party. I guess no alcohol involved anyway, what defendant made clear to the investigators that he suffered during the ecounter attempts as well. Rorr also informed me that he had several injuries where he was grabbed and escorted away. He mentioned that he was hitting the face under arm and shin looked into the jail. Released on a thousand dollars bond, just walk away. Oh it's a shame. I've got four more stack of stupid stories, but no more time. In this segment, got plenty to talk about the six o'clock hour, including Ken Cober. FOP president Can Kober returns to talk about have to have pro ball, saying the insint Police Department will not assist ice agents. Do you vote for that? No?
Speaker 3: You didn't, did you? Five fifty five fifty five KRCD Talk station News.
Speaker 4: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not can it be complicated?
Speaker 1: It's gonna go very fast.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc in the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six and six to fifty five KRCD Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: E Fron Thomas here welcoming phone call if you care to call, love to hear from you five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk. Ken Kolber is joining the program at six thirty. He will talk about well, since I police generally speaking, since he is the FOP president, we'll hear about have to have Provoll's comments about since st Police not assisting ice. He said, there have been no ice raids in Cincinnati as of now, none despite the rumors and conspiracy theories. But we are prepared, per of all, said, if there is an ice rate in our community, there's nothing we can do to prevent that based on federal law.
Speaker 3: But this is cryptic.
Speaker 1: There are things we can do to support the community and mitigate the damage from those raids, and we're working to do that. I'll leave it to your own devices to figure out what the hell that's supposed to mean. But and I asked out loud in the last hours, like, wait a second, even did the citizens of the city of Cincinnati, represented by the council people and the mayor, did they vote to become a sanctuary city back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Did you invite that? Is that what you want? Have you seen the.
Speaker 1: Problems associated with an unchecked, unregulated immigrant population descending upon your neighborhood. Have they used up resources that otherwise would have gone to the voters and the residents of the city of Cincinnati. It's certainly happening all across this country. And again, this is not bearing a political stripe to my perception. I mean, there are people on both sides of the political ledger who will say, no, we need immigrants and we shouldn't have you know, a border or whatever. But I think the vast majority of folks impacted by this probably feel differently. Anyhow, looking forward to Ken Cober joining the program at bottom of this hour to talk about that, among other things. Congrats the Young Marines. Lynn Arnold with the Young Marines is going to be in studio at seven oh five. I cannot wait for that. She is a fantastic lady. So update about the Young Marines and donovan'eil at seven thirty. Americans for Prosperities, Donovan O'Neil, support for Ohio Senate Bill THII, and yay a flat tax. Al Nippert. Yes, we do remember how from the railroad fight. He's a mister Railroad specialist. We're going to get comments on the High Park development, which some people are asserting me not in my backyard argument. No, we don't want that expansion in that large I don't know. They have to get a waiver of variants in order to build this multi family unit building as well as a hotel there. And some of the local residents say it's going to disrupt the Hyde Park Square, it's going to make traffic too bad. Well connected communities. Again, voted on by the City of Cincinnati. You got it, whether you wanted it or not. Eight oh five John Gordon political analysts talking about host of syndicated show Truth with John Gordon Topics the national topic analysts will discuss Trump's first weeks in office and of course a great data have I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattlevon which you know it's always a great day at eight thirty. But of course today we have that Reagan National Airport crash with a plane flying directly into a military Blackhawk helicopter and apparently no survivors at least from everything I can gather this morning. What a tragedy. And if you watch the video, I think you'll be like me and You'll be like Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: How could this have possibly happened? Anyhow?
Speaker 1: Good news out of Los Angeles real quick. As of yesterday morning, the Eating fire in Alta Dina and the Pasadena fire ninety nine percent contained fourteen thousand, twenty one acres burned up. Palisades Fire is now ninety six percent contained twenty three thousand, four hundred and forty eight acres. The Hughes fire ninety eight percent contained that one burned up ten thousand, four hundred and twenty five acres. Geez, twenty nine people dead and thousands and thousands of structures burned up. Curfew man in effect between six pm and six am for the mandatory of actually evacuation areas. Firefighter's, law enforcement, utility workers the only ones allowed into the zones, and they've got all kinds of law enforcement letting us know that there have been dozens of arrests for looting, burglary's curfew violations. Those people are the absolute scum of the earth. And in terms of structures, sixteen thousand destroyed in just two of the fires which has led to this. They closed the beaches. Los Angeles County closed the beaches from Malibu all the way through Plia del Ray because of the runoff from the Palisades fire. They're finally getting some rain. First rainfall of the winter season was taking place on Sunday and money Monday. They say that the runoff contains toxic or carcinogenic chemicals. According to Los Angeles County Public Health Department did a recent rainfall on the increase in fire debris among these ocean waters. The ocean water closure has been declared for Lost Florida State Beach to Santa Monica State Beach. Fire debris runoff and pollutants in the water and on the sand may contain toxic or carcinogenic chemicals. The closure remains in effect until further notice. These users caution to avoid water and sand contact.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: They also issued an ocean water quality rain advisory. Why might that be well one of the reasons, of course, Moving over to the Epoch Times, Jill McLaughlin reporting electric vehicles and lithium ion batteries that melted to the ground, creating hazardous conditions. I thought this was supposed to be an environmentally correct thing to do, driving an ev around Hmmmm. Those who study the realities of it, no better than that. It's comparently specialist with the Federal Environmental Protection Agency leading a large scale cleanup of the batteries. And it's not just the batteries, it's the solar panels as well, which have of course been propped up and sponsored by uh yeah, tax dollars. Get thirty six square miles of folks who had solar panels on their houses along with the electric vehicles in the driveway. The sign, the size of the Palisades fire, and the number of lithium ion batteries Epoch times reported left behind make it one of the largest hazardous materials cleanups that the local first responders have ever seen, and probably one of the bigger challenges that we've ever seen in America. Electric vehicles abandoned by fleeing residents during the fire and they literally melted. Fire Department spokesperson Adam van Garpen, we have never seen it on this scale. We're talking about a very large scale, and of course, in addition to the lithium ion batteries that are in the evs, you also have all the cell phones, laptops and wireless headphones, electric and solar panels, all of which melted and have spilled out toxic materials, hence the warning about not going to the ocean. All new homes built in California since January first, twenty twenty are required to have solar panels, which, parenthetically and I did not know this, also require the installation of lithium ion batteries. So even if you avoided buying electric vehicle, you still have the lithium ion batteries that is, capturing the solar power generated from your solar panels, which are mandated by the state of California. Do you think I'm asking out loud for a friend? Do you think they did an environmental study? They require environmental studies for literally everything, don't they. That's why some of the projects to clear out the brush in the forest to prevent forest fires from raging were halted. Environmentalists filed lawsuits to put them to stop those things from even happening. Did they do an environmental study in advance of the solar power panel mandate to determine what the realities might be in the event of a massive wildfire going through a neighborhood filled with solar panels and electric vehicles. I'm going to go with no. I don't know that. For a fact, I will point out days agency. The EPA has set up a hazardous debris collection site in each of the Palisades and Eaten Fire areas. According to the news release, the batteries should be considered extremely dangerous even if they look intact. They encourage residents to exercise extreme caution and return to the priority when returning to the properties, and to call their hotline if they encounter a lithium ion battery. How about that EPA was given one hundred and seventy five million dollars for debris removal and a sixty day timeline to remove toxic and hazardous waste which absent mandates, probably wouldn't even have been there. As partly a hazardous materials removal work, the US EPA has also been tasked to safely remove batteries from electric and hybrid vehicles and home backup power supplies. Other hazardous materials burning in the lays include paints, cleaners, solvents, oils, herbicides and pesticides consequences six fifteen fifty five KERC detalk station USA, premium foam and the xterior walls of your home is the absolute right thing to do. For a couple of reasons. One energy savings. You're gonna save a lot of money, and it pays for itself because of the money savings on your HVAC bill. As long as you're using it, you will save money. That's what the insulation is all about. Plus that additional added bonus of comfort, noticeable improvement and the comfort of your home. You got one of those rooms that never ever seems to get warm in the wintertime or cool off in the summertime. That's insulation. It's the answer to your prayers. And right now, USA's Premium Foam INJECTEDTD to the exterior walls of your home, whether you're under insulated or have no insulation, is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. I mean, consider just not going out to dinner one night during the month, and you got the cost of the insulation covered ninety nine dollars a month, and you probably saved more than that in your energy bills.
Speaker 3: Lots of people save.
Speaker 1: More than that on their energy bills with the USA's Premium FUM highest OAR value phone on the market.
Speaker 3: Call them up.
Speaker 1: It's a free inspection and free quote. Five one three three eight one three six two, six, five one three three eight one foam. Oh and by the way, twelve hundred dollars energy credit tax credit will be available for you when you're doing your taxes next year, so mark that down as a twelve hundred dollars discount as well. Online learn more at USA insallation dot.
Speaker 4: Net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: When the wildfires truck uped Jan and I in first one and one of the forecast says today we get clouds, rainy after three pm and I high forty eight, heavy rain overnight forty three. For the overnight low say don't worry about flooding, but there will be some pooling and standing water out there, so watch out for that. Over tomorrow, spotty morning rain, scattered showers show up in the afternoon with the high fifty eight, clouds over night down to thirty two, and at mostly cloudy Saturday at a high forty five twenty seven degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic conditions from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 10: From the U see how Traffic Center expect more and you see health, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you back to being you visit U see health dot com. North Bend seventy five REX clear coming off of the bridge. Right lanes open again. Traffic continues having through the cut into downtown. There's an accident in Claremont County outside of Moscow that has fifty two block seven forty three to Nevil Spur Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr C the talk station.
Speaker 3: Lay six twenty here fifty five KRC DE talk station Love hearing from you.
Speaker 1: Feel free to call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phone. It's going to go to the phones right now. I got CJ in the line. CJ, thanks for holding over the break, my friend. Welcome to the fifty five CARC Morning Show. O, good morning to you.
Speaker 6: And I was going to mention what you did.
Speaker 2: About all those solar panels and batteries, but even gets worse than that with the batteries in the state of California. A couple of years ago post you to go buy new batteries in order to sell your electricity from those solar pants because they had too much power going into the system during the day and not enough at night, and so you have an.
Speaker 7: Explosion of batteries not only from.
Speaker 11: New homes, but any system that was purchased previous to twenty twenty as well.
Speaker 7: So the battery is just going to be masterless.
Speaker 1: And what an amazing toxic problem that creates. And you know, I think about these things when they catch on fire, and you CJ. I'm certain are well aware of how much water they have to pour on those damn things to put them out. They don't go out, and the fumes that they belt out are toxic fumes. I mean that this can be even considered a green slash pro environment is just beyond laughable. It's insanity.
Speaker 2: Well, and here's the other problem you have with all these solar panels.
Speaker 7: Apart a fire, you're.
Speaker 11: Having to dig up parts of the desert in order to bury the ones that were put in twenty thirty years ago. Now, when they had a electrical shortage problem thirty years ago, and they had to get a bunch of people out to go start buying solar panels to save the electrical grip. And now all those are starting to go bad and they're digging holes out in the middle of the desert because they are considered hazardous waste, but.
Speaker 1: We can't put our nuclear waste in the Yuckam Mountain.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: There is no rhyme or reason to any of this, CJ. I mean, just a little bit of logic and reason apply to this, you realize how laughable it all is. And then you also spring from the proposition that CJ. You and I and the rest of the population are cockroaches on the world. We are literally killing the world by merely existing, and that somehow carbon capture or driving around an electric vehicle is going to save us from ourselves.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been staring at this ridiculous nonsense, this religion now for going on. What since al Gore crept out of his hole and started telling us we were all going to die, And all the deadlines that al Gore gave us about sea level rises and when we were going to die never ever happened. It was all made up whole cloth, designed to get people ginned up and worried and feeling bad about existence and feeling bad about consumption. I mean, there's a whole lot of Marxist of mind, this global warming stuff. I think it can be easily observed. He just peel back to Veneer. Consumption alone is terrible. We are a consumptive nation. We lead the world in consumption. It's what drives our economy. There may be some faults with that model, but it's reality. And I'm certain that these global warming alarmists have that in mind when they go after us and tell us that everything we do is kill the planet. You'll have nothing and like it. I think in the final analysis is where that leaves us appreciated. CJ. Thanks for the CALLIFI one three seven, four nine fifty eight hundred two to three talk ah. Let us see here new Reuters IPSOS poll. I like these results. Sixty one percent of US adults support downsizing the federal government. That's in quotes only thirty five percent or a post of the idea. It's probably because thirty five percent of the population in America is employed by the federal government. I guess plurality of Americans favor imposing a hiring freeze on all federal agencies. Well, I guess Donald Trump's doing the right thing by well most of the population. There's a new Atlas Intel poll. Fifty three percent agree with the statement it's better for the government to cut spending than increase taxes. Well, there's an idea, you laboring and getting to keep the do dollars that flow into your pocket as a consequence of doing your job, keep more of it. I like that idea as opposed to well keeping and funding this bloated federal government in ours, which obviously goes out and hands out rewards for people who put toxic materials on their home by virtue of mandate. Only thirty three percent are opposed to the idea of cutting spending rather than increasing taxes. That say Atlas intel Pole said that forty four percent of Americans say the state should respect a spending ceiling in order to avoid increasing the national debt, even if that means less social assistance. How about that economists ugu pull the latest one is out. Respondents who favor requiring all federal workers to work in person rather than remotely outnumber those who oppose the idea by eleven points forty eight to thirty seven. I guess Donald Trump must be doing the right thing, at least in so far as the majority of the folks pulled suggest Coming up Ken kober next segment, why does have to have part of all say this in sant Police department will not be helping ICE do its job and its work getting rid of criminals in our neighborhood. I mean, you'd think since I police would just be looking at the idea of the person is a criminal and a wanted person and get them out of the neighborhood because they represent a concern for the community. Ken Cober on that next after I mentioned foreign exchange, get your imported car. Traditionally imported cars. I know a lot of them are made in America now, but if you identify your Toyota, even if it was made in Kentucky as imported, and it would be properly so take it to foreign exchange, get it service for less money than a dealer, and in many cases a lot less money. I'm a great example of that because I save two hundred dollars on the save two hundred dollars roughly maybe a little bit more of my oil change. If I go to the dealer, it's like four hundred and fifty bucks. Don't get me going on how stupid that price is, but it's like two hundred dollars at foreign exchange, and that still sounds stupid, But you know, you get what you pay for. And I have a German car, so why I don't know, but listen, I'm saving money. That's the point of foreign exchange to save you money. And that's an important thing any time of year in any economy, and that's why they foreign exchange exists. You get an ASC certified Master technician working on your car. They have your manufacturers technical information at their disposal and they'll do it all and you leave with a full warranty on parts and service with more money in your pocket. The bottom line is your bottom line. Tell Austin and the crew it's Westchester Locations one. I recommend that's where Austin and his awesome mechanics family like environment there. They'll treat you great. Tyler's the legs it off of I seventy five had East two streets hanging right on Kinglin. That's how you get there. Five on three six four four twenty six twenty six. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Find them online for and AX form the letter X dot com dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Turn up your radio.
Speaker 12: Here's a Sean Hannity Morning minutes. You have House panel to investigate sanctuary cities. What have I been saying about sanctuary cities. They're aiding in a vetting law breaking. They're codifying law breaking into law, which they don't have the authority to do. We have a supremacy clause. This falls under the jurisdiction of the federal government. This House panel is going to call on Democratic mayors to testify. Apparently this is like an immigration culture shock. I've heard more Nazi Gestapo Hitler comparisons. I mean, this is what the Democrats have done for nine years. This is who they are. They've got no solutions, and you know we have Well why are they handcuffing people on flights, but because they haven't been vetted.
Speaker 13: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today.
Speaker 5: Right here.
Speaker 12: This great country was founded on freedom, and that was freedom from a country that forced us to buy overpriced tea and then tried blockading us when we dumped their tea into the ocean.
Speaker 3: How'd that work out for them?
Speaker 12: Well, it's time now to throw out your overpriced, big wireless contract. Throw it overboard, my friends, a pure talk. My cell phone company says no to inflated prices and with a qualifying plan of just forty five dollars a month, you can choose a free iPhone fourteen.
Speaker 1: Jennen I Weather forecast two day cloudy range shown up around three pm and high forty eight, heavy rain overnight. Forty three will be the overnight glow, so not too much. We'll drop there. Spotty range tomorrow morning with more showers later in the afternoon at some point fifty eight to the high end of thirty two overnight with clouds and a cloudy Saturday high of forty five twenty seven degrees.
Speaker 3: Right now, you've got KCD talk station. Time for a traffic update, Chuck.
Speaker 10: From the UC Traffic Center. Expect more and you see health, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you back being you visit uchelp dot com. Highways not all that bad now. North Pound seventy five are x clear near the bridge, so the backup's gone. I'm not seeing any problems. Northbound fourth seventy one into Town. Fifty two is shut down in Claremont County between seven forty three and Nevill's Spur New to a wreck outside of Moscow. Chuck Kingramont fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six thirty almost six thirty one, fifty five krs Decalk Station. A very happy Friday eve to you. Extra special welcome back to the fifty five carssee morning show. FOP President Ken Kob. We're representing the SINCINNT Police Department Union. Could you have you on the show? Ken, appreciate your the time you're spending with us this morning.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you got the word from Mayor Aftab Purvol and I've been sort of rhetorically asking the question the residents of the city of Cincinnati vote to become a sanctuary city. Back in early seventeen twenty seventeen, he said the city will not enforce federal immigration laws for those here illegally. Quote, there have been no ice raids in Cincinnati as of now, none despite the rumors and conspiracy theories, but we are prepared if there is an ice rate in our community. There's nothing we can do to prevent that based on federal law, but there are things we can do to support the community and mitigate the damage from those raids, and we're working on that. Maybe you can explain what the hell he means. But he said the Cincinnati Police Department has no role in federal immigration enforcement, and Charmie McGuffey, I guess chimed in a similar light. Do you have any personal feeling about the duties of the Cincinnati Police Department with respect to arresting the obviously criminal illegal immigrants that are in our community.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, we all take an oath of office when we get sworn in as police officers, and our oath is that we will enforce all federal, state, and local laws. And having a mayor saying that we are not going to do this is just wrong and it's very misguided because if we decide that we're not going to help federal law enforcement, then it's violating our oath of office.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you came with loud and clear and very straightforward on that one. That's kind of my perception as well. And I don't know how much control the mayor has. I mean, he can say whatever he wants to say, but what goes on within the police department that seems to be the role of the chief of police, and you know, the hierarchy within the Police Department has three STHIGI said, anything with regard to how the Cincinnati Police Department will deal with ICE and or cooperate or not with ICE agents.
Speaker 14: No, this far, we've been given you zero directives, and you know it kind of treating us as status quo, which has been you know, any time that we have any kind of interaction with federal law enforcement, we help them because they're federal law enforcement officers. That's what we're expected to do. If we have Green Township call us and ask us for help, or Dellai Township or whatever department asks us for help, we help them. That's what we're sworn to do. Warner up hold laws, and that's what the Cincide Police officers will be doing.
Speaker 1: And that's refreshing to hear. And you know that has been my understanding as well. I remember Jim Neil talking about cooperation among the various law enforcement agencies in the general region, and the cooperation was, you know, shared responsibilities and shared services and everyone played nicely together in the sandbox. I don't know if that's still the case with Charmie McGuffey as head of the Sheriff's Department, but you know, It's nice to know you guys do play well together. But this is a two way street too, because the federal government helps Cincinnati law a Cincinnati police department with you know, their investigations as well, don't they Absolutely.
Speaker 14: You know, there has to be cooperation among law enforcement agencies. We've done this for years.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 14: I go back to my years when you know, I was on the street working in our fugitive unit, and we would you know, every so often we'd have like the FBI would.
Speaker 9: Come in and you know, they're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 14: Execute thirty different search warrants around Cincinnati. And they don't have the resource is to do it all themselves, nor do they have the lay of the land.
Speaker 1: So what do they do.
Speaker 14: They call local law enforcement and ask them for assistance. So we would be up at three or four o'clock in the morning. We would meet with these teams. They would give us the addresses of places where they have search warrants for and we would go assist them, tell them that, you know, the most efficient route to get to an address, you know, if there was any concerns.
Speaker 9: Of neighborhoods, whatever else.
Speaker 14: We would give them all this intelligence and then we would go with them and serve these warrants. It's something that's been done for years, and you know, unfortunately this is just a highly politicized thing, and I just we have to do these things. This is what we're required by law to do. And to have a mayor come out and say, well, no, we're not going to help them. We don't have a choice of the matter.
Speaker 1: Well, and I appreciate how straightforward you are with that reality. And I guess more fundamentally, you know, eastwore an oath of office and as an officer of the law to you know, hold the constitution, protect and serve the community. The Trump administration presently is going after. I mean, these are vile people. These crimes that you know, it's reported that many of them committed child rape for example, is just horrific and inexcusable and probably one of the most heinous crimes that can cross my mind. But we as a community, like other residents who live here, citizens of the United States, if they get out of hand and they commit crimes, they're bad guys. That's why we arrest them and prosecute them to keep our communities safe. I mean, moving over into the illegal immigrant category. We're still talking about criminals here. Don't we want to get them out of the greater Cincinnati community? Ken Well, I could say if one law enforcement does.
Speaker 14: I'm not sure what the mayor's position on this is, but absolutely, yeah, we have to protect our communities. And just because you're here illegally doesn't mean that you get a free pass to come here, break the law and stay here.
Speaker 9: It's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Think about what you just said, Ken, that we're even having this conversation because there are some inelected capacity that believe because you are an illegal immigrant somehow you shouldn't be arrested and prosecuted or at least expelled for having committed crimes.
Speaker 3: It's this crazy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's laughable that we're even having this conversation.
Speaker 1: I agree all day long. So where are we? I know, last time we talked can in terms of numbers of police officers. I know the problem hasn't been solved since our last conversation a week or so ago, But remind my listeners how many we should have in terms of officers and where we are presently, and also the fun fact of the number of people retiring, So.
Speaker 14: We're currently at about nine hundred and twenty one. Although I just had an officer called me yesterday who went into our drop programs of retired last year stayed for another year, and she called me yesterday.
Speaker 9: And said, listen, I'm done. Oh done, I'm leaving. I've had enough.
Speaker 14: So we've lost I think two already this year in the month of January. We lost seventy two last year, but our complements one thy fifty eight were at nine twenty one, so we're roughly one hundred and forty short. And I just don't see this year being any better. I think the staggering number is we had eighteen people that left that were not retirement eligible. Oh my eighteen, yes, Oh, that is a staggering number. And it just seems things seem to just not be getting any better anytime soon at least well.
Speaker 1: And that's that's walking away from a sizeable post retirement salary. I mean, I'm not envious or I don't think it's wrong or anything. But if you're walking away from you know what is it could be three quarters of your pay or something like that, and you're quitting early you're not eligible for that. That is that's a statement and a half right there. If I could ask you about this most recent person who told you that they're just done and over with. Is there a sort of a trend or a reason that many of them are citing specifically for why they can't they can't take it anymore.
Speaker 14: I think a lot of it is just it's just burnout. You know, when when you're short on a relief and you don't get a break from you know, the day to day work, and you know they worked in you know, one of the busiest districts here in the city, and when you're asked to go and respond to just radio run after radio run, and you know, just the violence that they're experiencing on a daily basis, people just get burnt out. You know, we don't have enough people, and I know the city is making an effort. You know, we've got a class in now of about forty people that will.
Speaker 9: Be graduating in May.
Speaker 14: We're gonna have another class in July, but we've got to do things to make this place more attractive. And having them here come out and say we're not helping a federal law enforcement agency that's not helping make this place more attractive. It's making it worse, and you know we're going to see eventually what the fallout is going to be from that.
Speaker 8: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Well, prayers, love and support from my listening audience and me to the Cincinnati Police officers. We certainly appreciate what you're doing and we have an understanding and for found understanding. Thanks to U Ken Kober for bringing it to our attention of the problems that are facing the CINCINNT Police Department. God bless you, sir. Thanks for coming on the program and spending time with my listeners and me, and well that's love to all the officers in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Sure, thanks, Brian, Thanks, I appreciate the support.
Speaker 1: Anytime, my friend, anytime, Ken Cober stick around. Folks at the top of the air news Lenn Arnold Young Marines. She's at the door. She's waiting to talk with us, and I'm looking forward to that. We got a little time between now and then. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talking to the phone to Ro'll give you in a minute prestige interiors to have your kitchening model professionally done by a man who's done kitchens almost exclusively for thirty five years, and my kitchen, you know, I think we're going on a decade. I think since we had our kitchenero modeled and I still am kind of like I walk into it, it's almost like a new project's been done every time I walk into it, because I remember the old one and we love our kitchen so much. John transformed that space and it literally is the heart of the home. I don't know how much time you spend in your kitchen, but we spend gobs of time in our kitchen. So make it the best kitchen you can get. Or do you a small project you're sick of the counters in the in the cabinets. He can do a small project, but if you want to do a gut rehab like we did, he is the man to deal with because from initial design to final installation. John Ryan is there with you every step of the way. With all of his experience in doing kitchens, he's got fantastic ideas, so transformative kitchens a plus with the better business. Burera's member the National Kitchen Bath Association. Check them out online. See some of the projects he's done over the years and trust me. All of them are not on the website. Prestige one two three dot com, Preste's one two three dot com. Please tell John Ryan Brian said Hi when you call him up at five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero.
Speaker 4: Two two nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 15: This is Ashley Iiken Eddie from the Ben and Ashley I almost.
Speaker 1: Channel nine first one forecast says today we got clouds, We've got rain showing up after three pm and high forty eight overnight heavy rain expected. They say, don't worry about flooding, but there could be some pooling and standing water around, so if you're out of the roads, please be careful, says Channel nine. Forty three for the overnight low, fifty eight for the high tomorrow was spotting morning showers and additional scattered showers maybe in the afternoon, overnight clouds and thirty two in a cloudy Saturday as well. Forty five for the high Saturday. Right now twenty eight degrees. Time for traffic update, Chuck Ingram from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Expect mored you see help, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances for you to get bank to being you visit U seehelp dot com. Highway traffic that's doing fine. I'm not seeing any major time delays to deal with problems in Claremont County where fifty two is shut down outside of Moscow due to a wreck near Grant's pass drop. There's a wreck on petdock at Summit Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six forty nine, fifty five KCD Talk Station Extra Special Thursday Slash Friday Eve here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. And although I did say after seven oh five we'd have Lynn Arnold with Abby Smith, which who deserves a strong show of support and congratulations, they're both in studio and they showed up early. So I'm like, why don't we just start talking now in studio Lynn Arnold with the Young Marines and Abby Smith, who is an award winner. But real quick, and I'll give you all the information on how to get in touch with the Young Marines, what they're all about. We're going to talk about that in the next several segments. I just want to salute the Help Squad and thank you Cribbage Mike for bringing this one to my attention. I did see it in the background, although I wasn't watching it live. Channel five did a news story on the Help Squad. Brian Ibold is out there and he's on a Christian mission to help folks in need. And one of the six just an amazing success story. They had a single mom who was spending more than three hours every single day on the bus just to get to work. I mean she had like forty minute commute and a transfer and then it was just awful. Well, the Help Squad, nonprofit started by Brian Ibold, former police officer, gave her a car and she is beside herself with gratitude. But that is the beauty of what the Help Squad does. Individuals that have true needs, they vet them and they make sure that they get what they need. Maybe you need help with a monthly rent check, maybe you need some specific product or service, they get you in touch. So a big props to the Help Squad. You can find them online the Help Squad sincywithwy dot com. Brian is on a desperate mission to get folks that donate to the cause. And again this is his mission to help people in need, and it really will help them. Every dollar that goes to the Help Squad is going to end up in the hands of some worthy, needy individuals. So God bless you, Brian and everybody that's involved in helps me out, including Westside Jim Keefer if you're out there, brother, God bless you all. And without further ado, in studio, it's always a treat to see her Lynn Arnold from the Young Marines, along with the wonderful Abby Smith who's been receiving an award.
Speaker 3: It is a pleasure to have you here.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Thank you for having us.
Speaker 3: And you know you Len.
Speaker 1: Your name came up when I was talking to the Patriots Lightning guy last week. Yes, sir, you're the better half. I told him I kicked his coverage without question, we both did. It's been a while since you've been in the studio, So remind my listeners and I'll give you the website. It's NKY Northern Kentucky Nkyyongmarines dot com. Where good kids become great leaders. That's the mission statement. So remind my listeners about how you got involved with the Young Marines, and I know you have a particularly strong tie to them, giving your daughter's connection.
Speaker 16: I got involved actually speaking to a volunteer, a veteran at a blood drive. I met a veteran at a blood drive and we talked and talked in and at the end of the donation, he just said, or I'd said, my eight year old son would have loved to have listened to every one of your stories.
Speaker 15: I hope I can remember them.
Speaker 16: And he said, you have an eight year old that loves a military and likes learning about it, and I said I do, and he said, well, look up to young Marines. And so when I got home, I did look up the Marines. And my son at the time was eight, my daughter was ten. And then the following spring they both joined the program.
Speaker 15: Her not so willing.
Speaker 3: To ask you that is was this their idea?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 16: My son, yes, he was in before when he heard the name. He didn't even need to research it. I you know, I attended they would open houses with him, and my daughter went to and she had no desire, and then there was a parent there that talked her into it, said, you know, do you enjoy school? And she said, I like learning, I don't really enjoy school. And he said, are the kids immature? And she said yes, and he said, come here, you're gonna love these kids. Here, you'll make friends here, and that was it for her.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome because I remember when I was signed up to join the Marlins and over my objections. It's like I didn't want to do it, but I you know, I woke up and after three plus years and ended up a better person as a consequence of dealing with it and going through it. So there's a lot to be said about that. And thanks for good parents like you who will insist that their children pursue these ventures, because I know your daughter ended up doing phenomenally well in marine.
Speaker 9: She did.
Speaker 16: She graduated from her recruit training as the honor grad and you know, to the chagrin of her brother right whose you know, this was his thing. But then she went on to become Battalian Young Marine of the Year, Division Young Rain of the Year like Abbey Smith year, and then on to National Young Marine of the Year. And then she got her appointment to the Coast Guard Academy. And when she went to the Coast Guard Academy her senior year there she was in a very tough major and graduated with honors. But she was also the regimental commander, which meant the top military get out at the Coast Guard.
Speaker 1: Academy when she's Holy cow.
Speaker 16: So it gave her a great basis and I mean great contact, great people across the nation.
Speaker 15: But then to get to that point, you know how amazing.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely amazing. So a little sibling rivalry on that little bit.
Speaker 15: But my son went to the Marine Corps. He did five in the Marine Corps.
Speaker 16: Now he's in college in Texas and she's actually a civilian working for the Navy.
Speaker 1: Well salute to them, and thank you both for your service to our country and then of course forgetting your young people involved. I'm sure it was a real rewarding experience for you.
Speaker 15: Absolutely.
Speaker 16: I have learned so much from your Young Marines program and met so many great people. And now I think two weeks, Abby, I think my anniversary is coming up, my sixteen year anniversary with the Young Marines as a volunteer, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know how you Every time we've talked about this, your enthusiasm comes through loud and clear. And speaking of that, we're gonna hear from Abbie Smith after the top of the our News. Learn how she got involved with the Young Marines and the status that she has been awarded. Quite an for abby, beautiful young lady she is and she's proudly serving in the Northern Kentucky Young Marines NKY Young Marines dot Com.
Speaker 3: Check it out. I'll be right back after the top of the our news.
Speaker 4: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the.
Speaker 1: Hour, You're moving very quickly.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Wait for it, seven oh six at fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: A very happy Friday, e to you.
Speaker 1: Comment up bottom of the art Donovan, New Americans for Prosperity, support for Centate Bill three and Yes a flat tax. Will Hall Al Nippert. He was the guy that we talked about all the railroad issues during the railroad fight. He's got comments about the Hyde Park development, the NIMBI folks coming out of the woodwork because of the connected Communities thing that the City of Cincinnati Council pass to put larger, higher density housing in yes neighborhood like Hyde Park Square. John Gordon, political and analyst, a host of the syndicated show We're going to talk about Trump's first week, John Gordon It's the Truth with John Gordon podcast. John'll be on the PROGRAMMA eighto five. And then I heard me the Aviation expert. Timing couldn't be better in light of the tragedy in Washington, d C. Jay Ratliffe, our aviation expert, joins the program at eight thirty. In the meantime, it is a distinct pleasure to have in the studio from the Northern Kentucky Young Marines, Lynn Arnold, and congratulations award winning Abby Smith, who's one of the North Kentucky Young Marines. Abby, Now it's your turn to talk.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure having you here.
Speaker 17: Great to be here, sir.
Speaker 1: So how long have you you're sixteen years old? I understand how long have you been with the Northern Kentucky Marines.
Speaker 17: I've been in since twenty nineteen, since I was eleven years old.
Speaker 1: Eleven and you told me you have a regret that you didn't start earlier.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, I wish I joined earlier so I could get the full ten year experience in this program.
Speaker 1: That's just amazing to me. Now, how young can you be to join the Northern Kentucky Young Marines.
Speaker 17: To be eight years old at the start of our career training.
Speaker 1: Eight years old, so I missed a couple of years. Now what drew you to want to become a young Marine?
Speaker 17: Well, I've always had a passion for the military, ever since I was a child, before I can remember, I've wanted to join the military, even before I knew it was separated into different branches. And my school teacher, Miss Claire, and a USO officer actually mss MS. They introduced me to this program because they knew of my passion, and immediately I wanted to join because this seemed like the greatest opportunity and greatest challenge that I could face.
Speaker 1: Now, what inspired you to want to I mean, Eddie, that young of an age to want to become a member of American Armed Forces?
Speaker 3: Did you like like I grew up?
Speaker 1: Here's my story, and I always say out loud one of the reasons I supported veterans and veterans Causes and the military generally speaking, is because I didn't sign up. I did not enlist, But I was inspired by old World War two movies with John Wayne, you know, I mean like Sands of ew wu Jima for example, and Lynn Arnold's daughter brought me back. I have some sand from ewogm which I still have on my dress or I see it every day and I think of her every day. Land by the way, but that was inspiring to me. Now, you're a lot younger than me, so what inspired you?
Speaker 17: You know, I get asked that question a lot of that, And part of the reason was three of my grandparents were in the military, and I just grew up with them, seeing them and the respec they have for our nation and what they did to make our nation what it is, and then hearing from my parents of how proud they are of our country, I just knew I wanted to do that. I wanted to help our country be the free place that it is today.
Speaker 1: That is so awesome to hear and when you were saying that, and you know, I grew up in a similar environment. My parents very patriotic, and I think that's where my patriotism comes from. I understand the gift that we were born with since we were here in the United States of freedom, the idea and the concept of freedom. I just it is everything that is me and my being. But I was brought up in that environment as well, and when you were saying that, I was thinking of all the people who are or brought up in sort of a hateful anti American American it's bad and evil for all these you know in the list of reasons, what a contrast that must be, and how that person is not going to be raised in an environment where they have any respect for their country.
Speaker 15: It's a shame.
Speaker 17: It's a shame, and I know many classmates who are brought up in that environment. I feel sad, honestly, because I am proud of my country, and we should all be proud of our country because we are at the forefront of freedom in the world and uphold the values that are important to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people can look at us from Afar and say, gosh, they're allowed to speak their mind. Gosh, they allowed to pursue whatever interest they want to pursue. Gosh, just you know, no wealthy distribution, well some anyway. But I get the website again, it's NKY Young Marines dot Com. You got a young person in your face and when you got to get invoked up with this organization. Now, tell me about a day in the life of a Northern Kentucky Young Marine. What does it involve. I know, it's a whole bunch of different things that you learn and exercises you go through, but.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it. What's why.
Speaker 17: Well, when you first joined the program, you're not allowed to just join. You have to be taught how to wear the uniform properly, taught how to be an ambassador of the Young Marines program. So all the kids who join our program have to go through recruit training, which is six to seven Saturdays and one overnight where they learn how to be a young Marine. After that, we have drills and events. We have drills every other Saturday, which are around seven hours, so it's basically another school day where you teach them classes on life skills, public speaking, first aid, field skills, closer to drill, the marching you see in some of those movies, pt physical fitness, and living a healthy drug free lifestyle.
Speaker 16: Whoa in military American history, in military American history, and chivalry, and all of this is taught by our Young Marine.
Speaker 17: We do have guest speakers that come in, but all of our Young Marines are told to teach classes on topics that they want to teach about within our unit.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool, well, and that's I guess where your public speaking sitills come from. Because you're teaching the other young Marines. You got to stand up in front of the room and talk. That's awesome, yes, sir, you on that topic alone. And you know, I get invited to speak at events from time to time and I don't have any problem doing it, and I don't struggle. And I used to struggle with nervousness or you know why, and always keep it in the back of my mind. No one wants to be up in the front of the room usually, you know, like, I don't want to do that nice So you're like, you know what, since it doesn't bother me, I'll fall on the sword. I'll take the challenge. But you seem really enthusied about speaking, and does it bother you at all to do public speaking?
Speaker 17: It did when I first joined this program, I hated speaking in public, even to my friends. Sometimes I don't want to talk to you. But after experiencing so much of this program and learning how to talk publicly and learning how to be confident we're speaking, it's so much easier now, And especially when I'm talking about the young Marines, it's easy to be passionate about it because it's changed my life.
Speaker 1: And you know, folks, I know this is radio, but if you could see the inspired look on Abby's face, I mean this, this message comes across just absolutely loud and clear. She is just really, really, really a devotee and a believer in what she's doing with the young Marines.
Speaker 9: Is it hard?
Speaker 1: Are there any of the like? For example, the PT is even difficult means it hard to consider it work, like oh jeez, it's push up day or something like that.
Speaker 17: We do not have specific days they push ups. But yes, it is a challenge, especially when you're younger and you're working through the ranks and getting your sign offs. It is like another school day where you have to put in the effort. And there are some days where I'm like, wow, this is a struggle, but it's always an opportunity to improve. And I just look back and I see all those days where I struggled have made me the person I am. And I hope the young Marines in our units see that that these struggles are making them better as people.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: And I suppose, like you had Lynn with your children and the sibling rivalry, that you're inspired by your fellow young marine so maybe you're not feeling quite up to the challenge that given day, but if you look around you, then you do step up and uh and and meet the demands of whatever it is you're going through that day.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, we do consider ourselves a family. I see these kids almost every day, sometimes in the summer at the events we go to, and you learn so much about them. And without this program, I wouldn't have met my young marine's family, So I'll be forever grateful for that.
Speaker 3: Like sort of like.
Speaker 1: A fraternity or sorority, you know, band of comrades are was it easy to make friends with them? A little hesitation there.
Speaker 15: She didn't speak at first.
Speaker 1: I saw her stop and she was contemplating that question.
Speaker 17: When I first joined, Sir, I was really shy and an inter. I know that's a word that's thrown around a lot, but really it was hard for me to make friends these people who I saw as idols. They were higher up in the program, and me just joining, I'm like, wow, how could I ever be like them? But I had my recruit training, I had my friends who are all working towards the same goal, and they pushed me to do better. And yes, I did become friends with all of them.
Speaker 1: What an inspiration you are. We're gonna bring her back. Abbie Smith along with Lynn Arnold in the studio talking about the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. You know what, I think your phone's going to be bringing off up later today to hear her and I some mom and dad is out there going jeezs I got an hate year old listen to her, you know, ah, we got to get there in this program. We'll bring it right back. Pause for a moment. So I mentioned doctor Fred Pack and doctor Meghan Frew, the dynamic duo of dentistry. Let me start with doctor Fruit. She is just an absolutely amazing lady. And I want to discount doctor fred Pack because he is just a literal genius. But for a lot of people out there, I don't unders not liking to go to the dentists because I love going to the dentist because every time I come out of the dentist's office, you know, I feel refreshed, my teeth are clean, I feel confident. I always get a good bill of health, and I'm proud of that. But if you're one of those folks that doesn't like going to the dentist. You need to get in the chair of doctor Meghan Frue. She is an absolute breath of fresh air, friendly, charming, easy on the eyes. I can tell you that out loud knowing my wife is listening, but fundamentally of wonderful, fantastic dentists. It's going to cause you to feel really at ease. And if you need to be more at ease than that, they do sedation dentistry. You're there at the practice. The most state of the art practice you're ever going to come across is doctor Pack and frew and over to doctor Fred Pack, a fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. There's only three of them in the entire state of Ohio. I think only like fifty in the entire world. That's because he has met that level of standard that the fellowship requires, because he is a genius when it comes to cosmetic dentistry, life changing, exceptional, transformative cosmetic dentistry. That's doctor Fred Pack and Meghan Freu is working on un accreditation right now, So you're in great hands with that practice. I've been going there for probably more than a decade. I know more than a decade and the whole place is filled with folks with a treaty like family, so it is a truly comfortable environment for all things dentistry, most notably cosmetic dentistry. Five one three sixty one, seventy six sixty six, five one three sixty one seventy six sixty six. Learn more online Peck peckpeck smiles dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: When the wildfires truck left time for the nine first one four ks today, clouds, rain, rain shown up after three pm. We're going up forty eight today for the high end to forty three overnight with heavy rain, no flooding, but heavy rain. Friday, spotty morning showers with showers shown up in the afternoon. High fifty eight down to thirty two overnight with clouds and a floudy Saturday as well. Hire forty five right now twenty eight degrees in time for traffick Updates.
Speaker 10: From the UC Help Triumphy Center Expect Mari you see help, more twin inland trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you back to being you. Visit UC help dot com prise. Continue to work with the rat Con Paddock at Summit and the wreck on fifty two in Claremont County has fifty two blocked up near Grant's Pass drive outside of Moscow, South Bend seventy five. That's getting heavy here through Blachlan Shot King bram On fifty five KRC the talk stations.
Speaker 1: I have seven to twenty here fifty by KERCD talk Station dot ONNEI on the next segment in the meantime, Lynn Arnold and Abby Smith and I get it at her award winning record here Abby Smith one of the Northern Kentucky Young Marines online at NKY Young Marines dot com. If this is just an amazing organization, and then thanks thanks to Lynn Arnold. I have met quite a few of the Young Marines over the years. What an amazing and outstanding group of young people. They truly are as demonstrated and you can hear for yourself by Abby Smith, obviously a great public speaker, her confident young lady, and that confidence bolstered by her participation in the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. So yeah, you want to get your kids involved with that, And congratulations Abby, I should have maybe mentioned it at the outset. You are the Division three Young Marine of the Year. Yes, sir, see I took notes.
Speaker 17: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: No problem. No, what was involved in the competition? You have to like beat people up and like do marksmanship or not that time, sir. Okay, So seriously, I just I'm wildly curious. How does one become the Division III Young Marine of the Year.
Speaker 17: Well, there's a lot of work put into a way before the actual promotion boards, which is like a job interview. Before then, I had to attend three leadership schools, which are stopping points in our young Marines career where we have to learn about the different leadership styles and how to lead our young Marines as we're progressing through the program. And that started when I was twelve years old when I went to Maryland, thirteen for next one in Georgia, and fifteen in California, where I was second at the last one.
Speaker 15: Second out of forty eight marines across the country.
Speaker 3: Oh my word.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is like I'm just getting the picture. This is really like genuine military training you're going through here.
Speaker 17: It is modeled after it, sir.
Speaker 1: Future leaders of America. I'm sitting in front of one right now. She's going to be a congress person or a senator someday. Oh my word. All right, and it's not over there. You continue to compete against other young Marines. I guess all of the Division Young Marines of the Year then go off to Jeopardy and you're gonna end up competing with them.
Speaker 17: Not really like Jeopardy, but kind of.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do my words, gospel, I don't know. This is why you're here. You're enlightening my listeners in the abbey.
Speaker 17: So once we earn the six young Marines across the country, they earned the Division Young Marine of the Year title. We were becoming the top six young Marines in the country, and April I would be competing against those other young Marines for the title of National young Man of the Year at a promotion board, which is similar to a job interview. It'll be in front of the division commanders, which are like the top people in our program are National Executive Director, many guests who are some of them sergeants major of the Marine Corps, which is very stressful promotion board.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, did they try to recruit you while are there? I mean, I'm serious, because you know you're a young marine you have not, you know, enlisted in the regular Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or now Space Force. And I'm going to ask you what you were planning on doing as you move forward. But hell, I mean, if I was a recruiting office, I'd be all over you like white on rice, Like you got to come over to me when as soon as you turn eighteen because I need you in the division. Here's what I'm gonna do for you.
Speaker 3: Kind kind of a pitch.
Speaker 17: Well, I've joined because I wanted to go into the military, But young marines across the country they don't. They are not forced into the military. While we do teach a lot of military customs and traditions, and we are modeled at the Marine Corps, a lot of our young marines end up becoming teachers or different trades across the country.
Speaker 15: Lawyers like yourself.
Speaker 3: How about that? What do you want to do?
Speaker 17: I want to go to the Naval Academy, sir.
Speaker 1: That will be outstanding. Yes, I got a friend out of the listening audience. I call him a cribbage mic because we play a game of cribbage at my listener lunches every first Wednesday of the month. He was in a submarine for his military career. Wow, and the whole and he's like six ' four. I don't know how they got him into the subway to start with the cribbage mic. If you're out there, future Navy and LISTI here is sitting in front of me, and what a blessing it'll be for the Navy to pick you up.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sar, you got a.
Speaker 1: Great future in front of I hope you appreciate that. There are very few young people that anybody in my listening audience and me included, have ever met that have your level of confidence, your ability to speak, your obvious passion for what you're doing. It's going to serve you so well.
Speaker 17: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Oh my pleasure. Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm inspired by meeting you, Lint Arnold. You got to get inspired by these young marines every day. You're involved with them too.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, And like she said, she wish she had joined earlier. It's funny we have young marines that leave the program and sometimes you know, it's not their decision. Sometimes it is, you know, families move or whatever, but they leave the program. And I've never once heard a young marines said I wish i'd quit earlier, but you know, I'll have them say I wish I had stayed in or I wish I'd joined earlier. But you know, whether they make it to her, you know the accolades that Abby has earned for herself or not. They will benefit from this program, even if it helps them with school reports or job interviews, they will benefit.
Speaker 3: There is a question in my mind.
Speaker 1: Abby. I wish you all the best on your future, and I'm very confident it will be a successful future. You've been a real inspiration for me this morning, and I know an inspiration for my listeners who've stuck around to hear.
Speaker 3: What you had to say.
Speaker 17: Thank you so much, sir, I really appreciated having the opportunity to talk about my program to you and your listeners.
Speaker 3: Spread the love.
Speaker 1: Can I hope getting some more recruits NKY Young Marines dot com. Get over there and find all about it and get your young person signed up for all the benefits that they certainly will gain from being in the program. It's seven twenty five right now. If you give out Kscity Talk station, Donald and Neil, Americans will Prosperity up next saying yes we will talk about flag tax and what is Senate Bill three. We'll talk about their support for that as well. First, though, Peter Shabia Kellowiams seven Hills, you need a great real estate agent, buyer's agent, seller's agent. One stop shopping is the Shabri Group of Colorwiam seven Hills. Now I personally know Peter very very well, and I can accurately describe him as a brilliant man who has assembled the best real estate team in the entire Greater Cincinnati area. And they have programs galore, and one of the ones I want to mention here like the get out of Dodge programs that I kind of call it. It's well not having to show your home. You want to avoid that hassle. You don't have to clean the house, you don't have to get the dog out of the house, you have to stage it, you don't have to paint the pink wall to some neutral color. The most of the people are going to find appealing the Sabri Group. Within forty eight hours of them seeing your home, you will have a cash offered, which means you can close as quickly as fourteen days after they see your home. And yes, it can happen that fast. People take advantage of this program all the time. So if you have property you want to unload in a hurry, the SBRI group is the number to call. It's five one three seven zero eight three thousand five one three seven zero eight three thousand. To learn more about this fantastic team and the other property or the other programs they have, go to the website seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Can't remember that, just use your search engine and google Chabri c Cha b Ris Chabri Group fifty five the talk station. A Minute of Hope is.
Speaker 3: Time of the ten and nine first morning weather forecast.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be cloudy day to day, rain showing up after three pm and a high forty eight and heavy rain overnight. Emphasize that heavy rain is likely forty three the overnight low with a high fifty eight tomorrow with spotty morning showers plus some scattered showers shown up in the afternoon over night clouds and thirty two and on Saturday, mostly clouds and I high forty five twenty eighth degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update, Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Expect more, you see help, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personalized care more chances to get you back to being new. Visit UC health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues slow through Lauchland sort of. Southbound two seventy five are approaching the Carroll Cropper Bridge and southbound seventy one now breakvites. Two seventy five pass Fifer fifty two remains blocked in Claremont County outside of Moscow due to an early morning wreck near Grant's Pass Drive. Chucking from on fifty five KRCD talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty here fifty five KRCD Talk Station. I'm telling you, if you saw the looking in Abby's eyes and what an inspirational gal that was unbelievable, her future is absolutely going to be a successful one. Mkyyongmrines dot com Get involved say valuable program Without further ado, Welcome back to this fifty five Carrisy Morning Show Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. Donovan, good to have you on the show today.
Speaker 7: Brian, great as always.
Speaker 1: I know you didn't know who I was talking about. You probably weren't listening. Abby Smith was the award winning Division three Young Marine of the Year sixteen years old and is confident and is inspiring a person you'll ever run into. Just such an awesome conversation with her. Anywow, I flat tax? I mean is that possible? Senate Bill three? What's this all about? And why is Americans for Prosperity supporting it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well that's really exciting about Abby as well.
Speaker 13: It's always a little humbling, right when you get someone almost half your age who uh has accomplished so much?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, isn't it no lessen? I mean half my I wish she was half my age. She's sick thinking for myself here? Oh you okay? Fine, yes, she's sixteen. It's like, oh the clock please? Anyway? Truly inspirational.
Speaker 4: Well, flat tax?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so lots of great news this morning yesterday. State Senator George Lang, State Centator Steve Huffman.
Speaker 3: These are guys who've.
Speaker 13: Been fighting this fight for the all years they've been in Columbus, last several years they've been in Columbus, and I think we're going to get it done this year.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 13: What this legislation would do is it would move the state of Ohio from two tax brackets we've gotten down to two tax brackets.
Speaker 1: Now, happy to talk about a lot of the history there too, but right, two tax brackets.
Speaker 13: This would move Ohio to a flat tax rate at two point seventy five percent, the lowest in the Midwest. Uh and it would accomplish that by the twenty twenty six tax year. This is a key part of our Buckeyed Blueprint policy agenda, and we're thrilled that these members have introduced this legislation so early and have put such an emphasis on getting this done.
Speaker 1: Now, when you say flat and I have the detractors out there the listening audience, Rick, I got your email. I understand where you're coming from. But beyond that, flat suggests no incentives or write offs or deductions or anything like that like we have in the federal tax code, which is just a vehicle to manipulate people into doing something the otherwise wouldn't do because of the incentives. I hate them. And I don't think even we should have a child tax credit. I don't think we should build a write off interest in real estate period. End of story, X amount, no ride offs, no countants, no need for anybody you know in a legal department to deal with these thousands and thousands of pages. Is that what this is just a flat tax?
Speaker 13: Well that's a really good point, Brian. No, like we would ask for paying all of the various deductions, child tax credits, the political contributions credits.
Speaker 1: But that's something we have talked about though. Here to Americans prosperity.
Speaker 13: You know, our friends at the buck Eye Institute put out the Piglet booklet. We do put out a lot of money in tax expenditures, and I agree we need to get you know, whatever the government wants, just let them have it. Let's keep the compliance costs and times low. But this is an important step and really the big vision here, Brian is we aren't going to worry about deductions and credits in the long run because we're working to get Ohio is zero percent income tax. But a first step in that right is getting everybody, all voters, all taxpayers on the same rate so that together all O Highlands can move that rate to zero percent.
Speaker 6: So steps like this help put.
Speaker 13: A big These are big landmarks in the march to getting Ohioans to be able to keep all of their hard earned money on their paycheck and getting a zero percent income tax.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm knowing americal prosperity as well as I do. I know you're probably behind the scenes fighting for that zero that no income tax. Obviously, it's been a huge benefit to those zero income tax states out in the world. That's where all the blue state people with money left and moved to. We've been trying to be a magnet for business here in the state of Ohio since I've been on radio and law longer than that, and without much success, and zero income tax will probably very successful to lower businesses and individuals into the state of Ohio.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and it's something our friend our progressive friends don't quite understand because they say, well, hey, like you guys, have you Republicans have been running the state since twenty eleven, and we haven't. We've been lowering tax rates, but we haven't seen a massive growth in population or jobs being located here. And my argument is we haven't gone big and bold, right you just if you're just kind of incrementally tweaking things down or shifting things around a little bit while other states are blazing past you, Bryan, that's where the businesses are going. And so making this bold statement and saying hey, when you locate here, you could tell your employees right when they move from you know, New York or California where the panel you know, significant amounts of money twice as much in income tax, they're gonna be able to You're going to see their their paychecks increase. That's the kind of stuff that I think helps bring that economic development as opportunities to us. And so yeah, it's a it's a big statement.
Speaker 1: Well, and here I'll try to be a little bit of a devil's advocate the folks in Columbus saying, well, but we need money to run the government, and it may be too big, and we can may maybe make cuts and get rid of fraud, waste abuse, but in the final analysis, salaries need to be paid government services and must continue. How can we do that without the income tax?
Speaker 13: One might ask, Well, the funny thing is is, you know, the income tax is only one of the many ways the vampire, that is, state, local, and federal government get their claws or their their their vampire teeth into your paycheck. Right, But what we've seen is that's a false narrative, right ran In twenty fifteen, the state of Ohio collected eight point five billion dollars from residents ten years ago. What we've what we've seen is that increase even as we cut the income tax thrunk brackets to three point five percent of top marginal rate the ten point seventy nine billion, So what that is is a twenty six percent increase Brian in the last ten years, as we've moved from a top marginal rate of four point ninety nine to a top marginal rate of three point five percent. That's not to say also what happens in local sales taxes now that people have more of that hardered money not going.
Speaker 7: To Columbus but able to be spent.
Speaker 13: Locally improvements to their homes that are fueling rising property tax values which are another pain point.
Speaker 1: For a lot of folks, but support the schools.
Speaker 14: That are government funded.
Speaker 13: Let alone the gas tax that maybe you use to drive up to the shores of Lake Erie and hang on at Cedar Point. That gas tax, which lawmakers and Columbus raise not long ago on us Brian fuels the roads and bridges we have in our states, so it still finds its way into your pocket. We just think you should be the one deciding where you want to spend that money, how you want to spend that money, and getting a high to a flat income tax is the first step to.
Speaker 1: Get in us to zero fair enough, And I know many people suggest as opposed to an income tax, at least on a federal level, there should be a federal sales tax to fund the government, which means everybody who buys literally anything is going to be responsible for the workings of government. It puts everybody, you know, everybody then has a stake in it, and they maybe more people would complain about the size and scope in the reach of government if they had to pay out of their pockets when they're buying things. Is AFP have a position on that kind of thing, at least maybe on a federal basis. I know you're with the Ohio Chapter Americans for Prosperity, but just kind of moving over and into that argument.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well, we're big fans of what the twenty seventeen Trump tax cuts did, and the big part of that is what we've been able to accomplish last two decades in Ohio, right is lowering brackets, shrinking brackets, lowering top barning rates and especially the top marginal rate, and expanding the standard deduction. The idea they're being right, keep things as simple as possible so folks don't have to keep receipts all year. I think the fail you're getting to, like a national sales tax in place of an income tax is.
Speaker 4: A is a worthwhile endeavor as well.
Speaker 13: The goal here being we want to make folks interactions with the federal government as quick, easy, and painless as possible while ensuring they get to keep as much of their hard earned money as possible. Right, the government only takes what it truly needs to do. The real core functions comes with the federal government, Brian. Beyond border security and national security and making sure we can get across the country, there ain't a lot much more than I think the government the federal government needs to be involved in if you ask me. But that's also an exciting time at the federal government with tax reform and what their new Republican majority is advocating for.
Speaker 1: All Right, as far as Center Bill three is concerned, it sounds me like you're optimistic. You got the votes for that two point seventy five percent flat income tax rate in the state of Ohio. How do my listeners reach out and help in this effort?
Speaker 13: Go to Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Buckeye blueprint dot com. There's a place you can take action there. Sign up to get alerts and updates. Will we bring up folks to the state House, will be rallying, We'll be doing all the good stuff. We've got to give these folks support and let them know they got to get it done and get it done quick.
Speaker 1: Don on any Americans for Prosperity, Buckeye blueprint dot com. Get in touch with them and follow them along the way. I appreciate everything you're doing, Donovan, and I'll look forward to our next conversation here on the fifty five Carcen Morning Show. Always look forward to it. Thanks Brian. Thanks my friend seven forty. Right now, Al Nippert, remember the railroad fight. He's an railroad expert. He's got comments on the NIMBI folks out in Hyde Park that don't really like connected communities. Al will join the program next and first, though imaging can be affordable, mri CT scans, yes, they are affordable, ECO cardigrams, ultrasounds are affordable, but not in the hospital image department, where any one of those images is going to cost you thousands of dollars. Welcome to a new calendar year.
Speaker 3: Folks.
Speaker 1: With insurance out of pocket responsibility, you're going to be eating a large chunk of a five thousand dollars ET scan. But do you really need the overhead? Do you really want to pay for that? No, go to low overhead affordable imaging services, where a CT scan with a contrast is only six hundred dollars without four hundred and fifty same thing with a MRI. Most expensive image you can get as an MRI with a contrast, and it's only six hundred and forty five bucks four to ninety five without the contrast. Every image at these low prices includes the board Certified Radiologists Report, which you and your doctor will get within two days. I've had images there and they do They're great. My doctor had no complaints. In fact, I'm going again in April to get my CT scan follow up on the lymphoma. So I'm going to affordable imaging services, and so do you, because I'm going to save a heapload of money. You have a choice when it comes to your medical car. You can go wherever you'll want. So it's five pine three seven five three eight thousand. I had a doctor in Columbus asked me for the infol on Affordable because he said I would send a patient from Columbus down to the Greater Cincinnati area to get an image given how low price they are for folks with no insurance. This is the answer to your prayers. Five one, three seven, five three eight thousand. Online you'll find them at Affordable Medimaging dot com, fifty five KRC dot com. And it's a simple word, but in same feed clearwater, it's an important one.
Speaker 4: Here you can sun on America's favorite beat.
Speaker 3: Time for the nine first one forecasts it's gonna be rainy today.
Speaker 1: After three pm the rain shows up high a forty eight, cloudy skies all day, overnight heavy rain forty three to the overnight low. We got started out tomorrow morning with some spotty showers and then some additional scattered showers in the afternoon. Fifty eight for the high Tomorrow, thirty two overnight with clouds. Clouds on Saturday as well, high forty five twenty seven degrees.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCP Tramphing Center. Expect Mari.
Speaker 10: You see help more medical trials, more treatment options for personal wies care, more chances to get you back to being you visit u sehelp dot com sathbound seventy one. There's an accent in your field urdle that's on the show, but it adds to what was already getting heavier into blue ash.
Speaker 1: He's found on the Rigan Highway.
Speaker 10: There's an accident just before you got to seventy five inbound seventy four. Now back to Montana, King Gramont fifty five KRCD Talk.
Speaker 1: Station seven fifty five Kerseity Talk Station by Tom. It's happy to welcome back to the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. We aren't talking about railroads today, Al Knippert, who was our expert on railroads. We were talking about the sale of the railroad, which Al didn't like and I didn't like, and Christopher Smithman didn't like, but it got sold anyway. Al Knippert, welcome back to the fifty five KRSE Morning Show to talk about I guess it's connected communities. Hyde Park residents voicing concerns because they're planning on tearing down and rebuilding a large portion of Erie Avenue for the purpose of building a hotel, apartments, commercial space, and an underground parking garage. Al it's great having you back on the program. Well, thank you, Brian.
Speaker 7: It's a real pleasure to be here, and it's it's a great opportunity to try and enlighten some people on this and run that's trying to be made around the old Marlwood case, which as you know, turned out with the landowners having been finally proved right by the Ohio Supreme Court, instead of following the New England Northeastern revisionist view of a person's right to property Kio versus New London, which said, oh, somebody else wants to use the same property, well we can take yours and give it to them. And that was the wrong purpose of eminent domain. Now this isn't eminent domain, but it's re zoning, which has the same impact. It's a taking and it's going to create concrete canyons the very pictures that they use and that the zoning Commission is using to try and push this planned unit development, which is the end run around the zoning. It's sayre limiting heights is a taking. It's a taking of line of say, it's the taking of sunshine, and in those pictures you can see the shadows and if you put up another ten fifteen twenty feet. On top of that, those shadows are extended even in the daylight where they're trying to show no impact. And of course, the one thing they haven't done is made any changes, even though they've been meeting with the Hyde Park community groups and the zoning boards. Ol well, please talk to them. Well, they talk to them, but if they do nothing, it's like talking.
Speaker 1: To a teenager.
Speaker 7: If the teenager doesn't change their attitudes, well nothing happens. The great ston't go up, the interaction with the family doesn't change. You can talk to them to your blue in the face until you get them to change. Now, that's really what they've done. They've played ropodope with a Hyde Park community council and they still haven't addressed one of the key issues, which is traffic. That's a very narrow, narrow straight and what are you going to do to widen it? You're going to take out the park in the middle of the square.
Speaker 1: What do you do here?
Speaker 7: It's amazing you take their own words from well, the Cleete Camp and Louring families have been embedded for years in politics in Cincinnati, and I think it might be helpful to take a look at the history a little bit of zoning and the purposes. Going back into the Middle Ages, tanneries weren't allowed in.
Speaker 1: Towns.
Speaker 7: Why because they stank, because of what they use to cure the hides. More recently, beginning in Charleston where they built a Francis Marion hotel in the twenties, people realized, oh my god, we're known as the city as spires, and if we allow this, it's taller than the spires of our churches. We have to do something to protect it. Every time that there's been a movement to protect something, there's been a casualty in South Carolina. In Charleston, it was realizing they were about to lose their entire city scape, so they limited the height of buildings. And they've got a great ordinance for that purpose, and they've got a design review board and really great analysis of the height of stories and what can be counted as a story and and how you deal with that and adding these just two more feet higher than well, they're using the wrong structures to compare. Number one, they're not the ones on the square. And number two that just a few more feet higher than would be another story.
Speaker 1: Or level.
Speaker 7: In Charleston, and every time you have a story and you start going higher, you increase the underlying cost for the city to have the adequate fire apparatus. You'll notice that when you go out on the interstate, all of those hotels are generally four stories high. You go higher than that, you need to have more fire apparatus or you lose your fire rating for that area. And that's an additional expense for the city. And the city's already crying forth. They claim they'd have guardrails around the money for the railroad going back to that for a month, and it didn't take them a month to try and find ways to pick that piggybank lock.
Speaker 1: Well, and this all springs from that connected community seeing the city council pass right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: They want to have a connected community, and then all of a sudden, now they want to go around what they just passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess I want to try to understand the relationship between connected communities and this proposal, which is again to put some higher density housing in Hyde Park apartments most notably as well as a hotel. I understand that the project's proposed height is eighty five and a half feet, which is going to require zoning change from the city, since any which imagine will be easily acquired, since the city's in charge of this. But don't the residents of Hyde Park have any say over this anymore?
Speaker 7: How well, it shouldn't just be the residence of Hyde Park, it should be the residence of.
Speaker 1: All the communities. True. Yeah, they can do it to Hyde Park.
Speaker 7: They'll do it tot Lookout Square, they do it to Oakley Square, They'll do it to Sailor Park. I mean, imagine if they went out to the minority communities and started Addison and they started buying up large blocks, but one layer of shops on the first, then put two three layers of parking, and then another three to five layers of housing on top. That would totally destroy Sailor Park, to totally destroy Addiston, I mean, Cincinnati has the largest aggregation of Italian eate structures in the country outside of New York. That's why Lost in Yonkers was filmed here. Well, if you start buying up blocks of property, because Kelly, she used to be so much better, if we did something different and you look at what is in the lowering, is that the North Point group and you see They've got the Italianate structures on Vine Street. But then look what they built it the old he Can Cansite across from the Broadway courts. They're in the old time star building. But you just follow every time we've had a major loss of a structure that was historically significant. The real push for all of this began with the destruction of Penn Station in New York to build a new Madison Square gardens. It was built a designed on the Cola Roman baths. Well, they tore that down and I remember going by the meadowlands and seeing the beautiful limestone columns sinking into the mark. Well that started the whole idea of historic preservation, and that push for a historic preservation in New York led to JACKIEO NASA saving Grand Central Station in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, in the interest of time, because we're running out of time, Al Knippert, is this going to end up in courts?
Speaker 7: It absolutely should, because maybe because the Keio, New England, Land case was about a taking, and it was followed up by the Norwood case here in Cincinnati, which which took a different view because of Ohio constitution, share take the property just to benefit.
Speaker 1: Somebody else becauld you like some better time. The lawyer up in Hyde Park is where I think we have led this discussion. Al Knippert, thank you for your insight and thoughtful comments on this matter. Keep your popcorn out. It ain't over. The NIMBI lawsuits probably just beginning. I'll look forward to having you back on real soon. It's seven point fifty two fifty five k SE the talk station. Time to get rid of your pain. You talk to your doctor about surgery yet uh huh after years of injections and maybe pain medications, and you're talking about going under the knife for your hip pain, knee pain, joint pain, the arthritis pain. How about not How about consulting with QC Kinetics an initial free consultation to talk about these regenitive therapies using your body's own natural healing properties to heal and solve your chronic arthritic pain. Tens of thousands of patients nationwide have gone to QC Kinetics and found satisfaction alleviating their pain with natural biologic treatments. So how about giving a shot? Why not call to find out if this is an option for you. QC Kinetics can be reached at five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Your hands work hard, texting Bill, it's the stuff.
Speaker 7: These kids that are protesting.
Speaker 4: People aren't talking about.
Speaker 6: They are making it so difficult, so chaotic.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. It's eight oh five here at fifty five KRC, de Talk Station. A very happy Friday Eve to you. Bottom of the hour. iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliff, and of course we will be talking about that tragedy in Washington, DC in the meantime. I'm pleased to welcome to the fifty five CARRIC Morning Show for the first time, hopefully not the last. John Gordon he is the host of the syndicated radio show The Truth with John Gordon. Fellow lawyer, he is a graduate Commerciery University Law School in Georgia, business owner, entrepreneur. He's worked as a journalist and reporter in Making, Georgia as well as Atlanta, Georgia. Also ran as a Republican candidate to be Georgia's age Attorney General back in twenty twenty two and endorsed by Donald Trump. Welcome to the Morning Show, John Gordon. A real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, Brian. Nice to be here.
Speaker 1: Not the first person to say it, but it's easy to make the observation. Donald Trump hit the ground sprinting. I mean, he has accomplished more in his first couple of weeks in office than Joe Biden could account for in four full years in office. Among all of the different things that Trump has done so far are have you been impressed by anything in particular? I mean, it's an impressive record thus far, and I think most people are pretty pleased with what's going on.
Speaker 6: There's so much talk about as hard to pick just one. I mean, one of the things I'm ecstatic about is that he has ordered all federal workers to report for work, come to work, clock in, sit in your desk and work.
Speaker 1: Don't stay at home and watch.
Speaker 6: Oprah whatever you're watching, or maybe they're listening to Brian Thomas for all I know. I'm not sure, but I know they're not working to earn their paycheck, and that in itself is going to have a tremendous impact because I predict, as come did that a large percentage of those workers are just going to say, oh, if I have to come to work, forget it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's going to bear fruit. I've seen estimates that they believe about ten percent of the federal workers will take the buyout option, which will keep them money with a salary till I guess September, So go on vacation and have your salary, but don't come back to work. Maybe that number is even low. I guess we'll keep our pop going out and see what happens. But I think it's interesting to observe John, and I doubt many of my listeners would think that the federal workers, although we're working remotely when using my quote fingers here, are not working remotely at least to the level they would have to work if they were in the office. As low as that might be, But isn't it a great thing to think about when you think none of us out here in the real world are really bothered by the fact that they're not showing up and doing their jobs every day.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can cut.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: I'm upset about it, and I have been upset about it. I have this paradigm that there's a great number of workers in government in general. And this is not an indictment of every government worker, no, no, no, but certainly a large number of them are lazy. They don't want to work, they're taking money that they're not earning, and their knee jerk reaction to every decision that they're asked to make is simply to say no or to impose their authority on others. And it's sickening. And I think Trump is going to change the model, as he should. You know, the federal government used to be a model for what government should look like. They attracted the best and the brightest, and they were in where they were conscientious for the most part.
Speaker 1: Not so today.
Speaker 6: It has become a morass of laziness. And they're unpunishable and you get their voicemailed. They don't respond to emails. It's just untenable. But then you know they're rounding up members of the cartels. They arrested a guy in New York just day before yesterday who was one of the guys who had the AK forty seven that barged in to the apartment and commandeered it in Aurora, Colorado. They have put him in shackles and they're hauling his ass and throwing him back into Guatemala or wherever.
Speaker 1: He was from.
Speaker 6: Maybe Columbia, I'm not sure. And then the tariffs that Trump is imposing, he's not being punitive. He's just saying, guys, if you're going to tear off us, we're going to tear if you back.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 6: And so there's just so much right with what he's doing. And that's why people are celebrating and joining to support what he is doing, because he's governing for us. I truly believe he's governing for the American people.
Speaker 3: Well, no question about it.
Speaker 1: A populous nature of the Republican Party these days, moving away from the old days when they were viewed as the party of big business. Clearly there's been a sea change in that in the alignment of the parties with large businesses. But flipping over, I was blessed to have in studio John Gordon earlier this morning the Division three Young Marine of the Year. This young lady sixteen years old is just so acceptional. Her name Abby Smith, and I know full well a young lady like Abby is confident and as proud as she is for her country, the idea that she has truly American values, represents freedom and liberty and understands the importance of those values. Would not be someone who would appreciate being forced to deal with DEI classes in the military. I mean the use in the American military as as just one big giant indoctrination camp, much like the nation's universities. I was pleased to see Donald Trump roll that back and Pete heggs, that's all over that in terms of restoring the American military to the fighting force, it needs to.
Speaker 6: Be one hundred percent. The model was upside down and now it's being turned back on its feet, and meritocracy and competence and conscientiousness are going to rule the day as they should, and there's room for everybody. I mean, if you're a minority and you have gotten a good education or you've got a CV that qualifies you, you will receive every consideration for any federal jobs. It as it should be that way. There's no room for discrimination. But this notion that because you are a minority you should get a job because of the color of your skin or the place of your birth is lunacy and so I'm glad to see it coming to an end, and so is everybody else except for the socialist Democrats like Kamala Harris. Everybody else is running tomorrow Largo to kiss the ring and tell the President that they support him, even his detractors. And Kamala Harris is saying fight, fight, fight. She I wonder where she got that slogan from. And there's no fighting now. The fight is over except for America First and the America First agenda. That's what we have to fight for. And our freedoms, our freedom of speech, our Second Amendment. Those are the fights, not political infighting and partisan politics. It's time join hands as Americans, come together and do what Trump said, make America great again.
Speaker 1: I'm all about it, and I think one of the challenges we face in making America great again is that so many people have bought into and something I do not believe in this religion, that is that we are somehow altering the weather by just merely existing. Our exhalation has been viewed as a pollutant, even though it's plant food. And all these efforts to get people in electric vehicles, you know, I mean, what no greater illustration than what's happening out in California, the wildfires, which they blame on global warming, but we all can point to the failed policy positions. But now they're all complaining out there and they've issued hazards because the electric vehicles that melted have created a massive toxic waste dump in Los Angeles and it's rolling into the oceans and polluting the beaches. I mean, how long do you think they can perpetuate the myth that electric vehicles are somehow good for the planet.
Speaker 6: Well, you and I can discussed that. I have an electric car. I happen to love it.
Speaker 1: I know, right now, got friends, right now, go aheadkay.
Speaker 6: Right now. Electric cars and ice vehicles contribute about the same amount to depletion of resources and pollution. The curve is changing. However, as batteries are developed, we will require less mining of lithium, and we will recycle the batteries and rejuvenate them. I am not a tree hugger, I do. I am, however, a conservationist, and I do believe it is incumbent upon each of us to leave the planet better than we found it. I think that long term electric vehicles and solar is the way to go, and I am a staunch believer in that. But what happened to the EV tax credits? I thought Elon Musk was Trump's best friend. Surely Trump would reward him by leaving the EV tax credits in place. How do you reconcile that?
Speaker 1: Because you shouldn't need tax credit. If you build it, they will come. If it's product, good or service that people actually want and demand, they'll get it. And I know a lot of people have electric vehicles, and I understand, I'm a car guy. They have insane acceleration and torque instant torqu you don't have to wait for a power curve. So from a performance standpoint, I have total respect for them. But from you know, along from a duration standpoint from me, you know how long you're going to go on a charge standpoint, from the charging, the charging up, the battery time that you must spend. I mean know it takes me three or four minutes to fill my gas tank. I like the convenience of having the gas station on the corner that is reliable and I don't have to worry about my battery catching on fire and burning down my neighborhood. And before the fire department shows up and spends three days trying to put it out.
Speaker 6: But well, I think there's a bit of hyperbole in that. That is not my experience, Brian, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not yours hasn't birdsten flames yet.
Speaker 6: I've had my car for three years. Let me tell you how many times I've taken it into the service into the shop to be serviced.
Speaker 1: Would you like to guess? Probably? None? Zero?
Speaker 6: And I had one defect. The steering wheel started to delaminate. The leather had come off the steering wheel.
Speaker 1: It was a mess.
Speaker 6: So I called and before I got the words out of my mouth, the person on the other end of the phone said, that's a known defect. If you will make an appointment bring it in, we'll give you a new steering wheel, no charge. Ten days two weeks later, my phone rang and it said, Hey, this is Billy Bob. I'm with Tesla. I am on my way to your house if you will permit me to replace your steering wheel.
Speaker 9: He came.
Speaker 6: He was ten minutes early. He replaced my steering wheel and the new steering wheel came with a horn on it, which my old one did not have, which was one of my complaints about the car. You had to find the button to honk a horn. But it is an absolute engineering marvel. It's quiet, it's smooth. And I drove from my house in West Palm Beach to Miami two weeks ago with full self driving autopilot.
Speaker 1: I told the car where.
Speaker 6: I wanted to go. I did not touch the wheel.
Speaker 1: God, you're never, ever, ever going to convince me that that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: I love to drive.
Speaker 6: With me, and if I don't, I don't think that it's a good idea. When we're done, I'll buy you a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choice.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, no, No.
Speaker 1: Personally, I don't think it's a good idea. Is because I love the act of I love driving. I enjoy the chess gain that exists on our crazy roadways. I am constantly paying attention to what's going on around me. I love paying attention to the road. I made this comment before. My wife would be like, you ever see that house around the corner of the front door and you're driving by. I'm like, no, I'm looking at the road when i'm driving, not staring at front doors. I love to drive, So you know that's the idea. Of self driving cars is just not even appealing to me. Whether or not it's a technological marble, which I agree that it is. I got it.
Speaker 6: But let me pose this question to you. Would you be willing to sacrifice your own enjoyment of driving, which I relate to. I mean, I stole the family car when I was fourteen, Yeah, and drove to the drug store because I like to drive so much. It was as much I love to drive, So I understand. But let me ask you if you could sacrifice your enjoyment and in the process, say forty five thousand American lives a year that result in traffic fatalities and another one hundred thousand people who are paralyzed or mamed in an automobile, would you be willing to make that accommodation.
Speaker 1: I'm not one of the people that's a threat on the road because I'm a great driver. So anyhow, moving away from that, John Gordon, I give a test you a Tesla dealership, don't you? John?
Speaker 6: Sixty years. I don't have a point on my license. I haven't had a scribe.
Speaker 1: I got it all right. Finally, in the tail end of this conversation, speaking of green energy, do you think that we will ultimately now be able to get nuclear power. Since it doesn't produce carbon, it will leave our area in a cleaner position, and it will provide an abundance of energy without having a massive old cooling tower stype platform like they used to have. Because of modular nuclear plants, France is running on them. They don't seem to be having a problem. How come we don't get any.
Speaker 6: The resistance to nuclear power is no different in my mind than the obsession with DEI. They're both political narratives that make no sense. Nuclear is safe, it's clean, and it's hugely effective. We're going to have a power shortage in this country and globally, really and we better just get wise to the fact that we're nuclear needs to be part of the equation.
Speaker 3: Agreement amen to that.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that we don't get any is the illustration that it's not about how our power is generated, it's about our consumption. And if we have very efficient, abundant nuclear power, then our consumption will not drop, our efficiencies will go up and will become a more successful society, which, in the hearts and minds of the Marxist out there, is a bad thing. My impression John John Gordon Post of the Truth with John Gordon. That's the syndicated radio show. You can find them online, I'm sure wherever you get your podcasts. And it's been a real fun conversation John, And good luck with your ev dealership that I think you own, no.
Speaker 6: Dealership, just don't want to be But thank you, Brian. I appreciate your respectful conversation this morning. I really enjoyed it anytime.
Speaker 1: It's been a real pleasure and I'm sure we'll get together again, John Gordon, take care and have a great week. And eight twenty I fifty five K City talk station. Good segment coming up. I heeart me the aviation expert Jay Rale. Of course we do have a lot to talk about, so stick around. And speaking of electric vehicles, foreign exchange, they're authorized to service tesla's now, so in the apparently unlikely event your electric Tesla has a problem, then you can get into foreign exchange where you'll save money on having it repaired. And of course that's what I always point out. Foreign exchange is about saving money. You are not going to sacrifice on the mechanical ability of those ASE certified technicians working in Foreign Exchange. They know what they're doing. They have your manufacturers technical information, whether your car is from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer or tesla, as the case may be. When you leave, you'll leave with a full warranty on parts and service and more money in your pocket than if you took it to the dealer. Significant savings in many, many respects. That's why I recommend Foreign Exchange and the Westchester location. Austin has assembled the most awesome team out there. They'll treat you like family. If you want to talk to the mechanic, you can no have to deal with the service manager. If you don't want to, Hey, can I talk to the mechanic. Absolutely, they'll come right out and speak with you about servicing your car. I really appreciate that aspect of Foreign Exchange, but I've been going there for years and years, and I know I've saved heap loads of money. So do the same. Westchester is the Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. Just go east on Tylersville for just two streets to hang it right on Kingland Drive. You run right into it. Run right into them online at four and X four in the letter X dot com. Here's the number. Tell them, Brian said, high please five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 4: Six, fifty five KRC win the wild Fighting TI for the Channel nine first one and WETHERFOECSS got cloudies, guys all day today.
Speaker 1: Rain shown up after three between three and five ish, forty eight is going to be our high today, Heavy rain overnight dropping down to forty three. Tomorrow's high fifty eight with spotty morning showers and maybe some additional scattered showers in the afternoon. Overnight mostly clouds at a low thirty two Saturday at mostly cloudy day anaheigh of forty five twenty eight degrees.
Speaker 10: Right now, it's time for traffic chuck from the U see Help Traffic center. Expect more at you see Help, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you bank to being you.
Speaker 1: Visit uc help dot com.
Speaker 10: Stepbound seventy five that continued slowed through Lachlan on stepbound seventy one.
Speaker 1: You're now off and on the breaks from Fight for down to Red Bank.
Speaker 10: A couple of extra minutes is all you'll need northbound seventy five slow spiddermilk towards Kyle's Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc HE talked stations.
Speaker 1: I have a thirty here, fifty five KRCD talk station. I'm very happy Thursday slash Friday eve. You love this time of the week, and of course timing couldn't be better. A man in very, very high demand. I heard media aviation r expert Jay Ratliffin with seven hundred plus stations throughout the nation. I bet you are in high demand. Jay, Welcome back to the show, my friend.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the phone started ringing at like eleven o'clock last night through the night, about every ten minutes for most of the morning and the day. It's TV and radio stuff. So it's a I wish it had been any other topic, because Brian, we've not had I've not had to talk about a plane crash in the United States for sixteen.
Speaker 3: Years, I know.
Speaker 1: And you even brought that up, and I was like knocking wood here in my studio or knocking full.
Speaker 18: Mic to and I'm sure a lot of people were frowning at me, But you got to get back to the Colgan Air crash. It was February of two thousand and nine, we had the crash in Buffalo that killed forty nine passengers, somebody on the ground, and it's been We did have a passenger that died on a Southwest flight. We did have a couple of people that died in the Asiana crash in San Francisco. But you know, for the most part, we've not had a plane crash that we've ever had to talk about. And of course that ended last night, and the questions abound, and obviously we'd have very very few answers. But what we do know is that there is a very specific designated visual corridor where helicopters are allowed to operate up and down the Potomac River. So it's an area where if you were a helicopter pilot, you are flying under visual flight rules. You are required obviously of NonStop communication with air traffic control, but you also were responsible for making sure that you get adequate separation between you and other aircraft. That's what visual flight rules dictate you as the pilot and command have to make sure that that is done. And that's the case, and that's what this military flight was operating under. You then have the American Airlines Regional Jet, which was a PSA Airlines, which is based in Dayton, is on their final approach coming in from Wichita, and they've got sixty passengers on board, crew of four. They're going through their flight, you know, the last moments of flight, the most critical moments of flight, as you and I've talked about five hundred feet either taken off or landing. A lot that's going on. They're very locked into every specific little detail they need to have, and then all of a sudden, the two aircraft occupy the same area at the same time. What we do know is that air traffic control did reach out to the military aircraft saying, do you have visual of the American Airlines jet now? Brian. Here's here's one of the many, many, mini, many questions I have is that communication took place seconds before impact. Yeah, And my thought is, why do you ask a question that's going to require a response for you then to give evasive instructions when time is of the essence.
Speaker 1: That should not have been a question for me.
Speaker 18: It should have been, you know, take evasive action or whatever they needed to do to get that aircraft out the way. Because if I've got a regional jet on final and I've got a military black Hawk helicopter. I know which of the two is going to be making the last minute maneuvers to be that military crew, right, because that's the type of aircraft they're in and that's what it's designed to do.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't know if there.
Speaker 18: Was previous conversations with that military training flight. We don't know what conversations, if any, were going on with the flight crew of American Airlines. Now, I do know that they communicate on different frequencies. When the military is talking to the air traffic control, they use a VH frequency. When they're talking to pilots of commercial airlines, it's VHF, meaning that the conversations that took place between that military black Hawk crew and air traffic control would not have been heard overheard by the American Airlines crew at all because they were on a completely different frequency.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know there's video of it. It's almost impossible to believe, it's hard to watch, quite honestly, that that helicopter rific just straight line ran into the airplane.
Speaker 18: And those aircraft are designed with this panoramic view for all the obvious tactical reasons, you would have on a military aircraft, and so they can see everything around them. The problem is that at night, especially if you're wearing goggles, as many of them do, You've got all of these lights because that is such a densely populated area, You've got all kinds of things that are kind of competing for your attention, so to speak, and the likelihood that you you might lose track of a nearby aircraft that's coming in for landing bright as possible. And that's the reason that I have to go back to air traffic control because they see everything, and they're the ones that are ultimately responsible for the management of that airspace and keeping all of those planes safely apart and all those aircraft in a distance where there's not going to be any danger to any of the particular airplanes or aircraft and their inhabitants. And here we had passengers that were put at risk and we don't know. In the National Transportation Safety Board, who I'm a huge fan of, they will get to the bottom of it. They will do their due diligence, they will dig through everything. They will find out the mistake or mistakes that were made. We will learn from it. Then we will apply those mistakes. Well, hopefully they've recommend it to the FAA, and it's up to them what they do. But then we get to the point of trying to implement those changes, because, as you and I have talked about, in every accident, in near accident, you honor the law of those that were lost by making the necessary changes so that you can prevent that kind of a situation from ever happening again.
Speaker 1: And we've got to do that here. Absolutely, it almost defies the odds that those two were able to run in each other, concerning the speed that they were traveling and the distance between the two, and they finally impacted. I'm just in a state of disbelief over the whole thing, Jay, so many many questions looming, and some are suggesting there's no way this was an accident, this was an intentional act. And you know, the rumors starts swirling and are they.
Speaker 18: Well and they always do in a situation like this, And sadly, with social media, it's a fertile ground for a lot of that stuff to happen. And we'll know what's going to take place, and there's going to be a lot of transparency that's going to take place here, and I'm very confident that we're going to find out what happened. I don't now Look, anytime there's a crash, the FBI is immediately involved because it's treated as a crime scene until we determine otherwise. Now, it was pretty clear here in the early ongoing that this was not a criminal event, so the FBI could kind of stand down. But the other issue is had any of the debris fallen into the non river part. The concern that we have from an investigator standpoint is people grab souvenirs and sometimes parts of an aircraft are removed from the scene. It's critical for the investigation. So not only are you involved in a search and rescue, but you're also making sure that any of the debris that falls, as we have with the commercial airline when Columbia came down, I mean, any of these investigations that take place of a type of aircraft, it's critical that the investigators have every single piece of information that they can have, and sometimes the black boxes will tell the story. Sometimes it's the wreckage that gives us the answers that we need, and that's why all of that is so critically important in the early stages of all this, so that all of that is contained, so that it's available for the investigators as they need it.
Speaker 1: Well, and I guess I must observe out loud I'm thinking about it. I don't think there's any question in anybody's mind how this tragedy happened. Two aircraft ran into each other in the in mid air.
Speaker 18: How many times have you and I talked about the near misses we've had at other airports across the country. And when I talk with pilots, they say, Jay, ask any of us your top five list of airports you don't want to fly into Washington. Reagan's always one of the five because it's a very difficult thing. Now, there's one question here that I can't answer because it's outside my lane. But I know that on that regional jet, the Bombardier CRJ seven hundred, they have the t CAST system, the traffic collision avoidance.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah, But the problem is that requires a like transponder to be on the other airport. Oh okay, And I don't think, well, in fact, I'm pretty pretty confident here that's not the case. And the reason I'm confident is because that TCAST system would have alerted American Airlines flight crew of the presence of that air aircraft, and you would have seen in the video some sort of last stitch moment movement, change of altitude, change of directions, something within that crew, and we didn't see it on the video. So that makes me think and again it's askedinine to draw any conclusions at this point, but they really didn't know what was taking place until they were right on top of it, and at that point it was it was simply too late.
Speaker 1: It's just hard to get my head around that. And you might think that that system would not exist on a military aircraft anyway, because that would allow others to track where it is given and we don't want that.
Speaker 18: On our military aircraft. And if that's the case, so be it. But that's one of the reasons, because that was the question I had, was would they have been alerted to this in any sort of way from the systems that are on board that state of the art aircraft and the bombardier. They're the ones that made the fifty passenger regional jets that we all were familiar with with Calm Air and the CRJA seven hundred is simply just a larger version of that Bombardier jet. So it's a great aircraft, state of the art. Crews loved to fly them, incredibly dependable, They've got everything they need on them. But again that's dependent on a lot of other variables that have to exist with other aircraft.
Speaker 1: And as of last reporting on this, let's say they found twenty seven of the bodies from the airline and one of the helicopter. One from the helicopter at this point, so it's not gone full recovery mode. There is no one believes anyone survived this so truly a tragedy.
Speaker 7: Jay.
Speaker 18: When you look at the video and you look at what took place, the explosion that happened when the two hit, it would be a miracle if anyone did survive. Now, look, I've seen some of the most horrific plane crashes that have happened where you would think nobody survived and there were survivors. So there's always going to be hope. But we're reaching that point where hope is running out and there's always room for a miracle. We'll never sell God short on anything, you know that. But the bottom line here is that it just appears as though that all lives were lost, sixty four on the on the commercial jet, and then the three that we know of on the military side. And yeah, I mean, and you think of the people, and I'm thinking of also the American Airlines agents that are on the go team, because I was part of the go team on Northwest, which meant if there was a crash or an accident and there was a loss of life, the go team would be dispatched to the scene and each one of us would be assigned to family and we would work with that family through everything, getting their family members in, helping them collect the remains, all of the things that just are horrific to go through. But you know, those people are also being dispatched to help out as well because they've got to help these families that are going to be dealing with this not only now but for years. And our family lost somebody in a very public way, and when it's public, it's everywhere, and that just makes it impossible to get away from it, and it just makes it even more difficult so often for families to deal with. So, I mean, there's so many people to pray for, because it's going to impact.
Speaker 1: All kinds of people.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Ripple effect is profound unbelievable. Yeah, well, I wish we had a lighter topic to talk about it in the interest of adding some measure of lightheartedness. Moving away from the tragedy, let's just talk real quickly about since I know you're in high demand today, the ten year prison sentence a man. God, what happened on that one?
Speaker 3: Jay?
Speaker 18: This is actually happened back in October. It was a man that was running to a Delta American flight in Dallas. And I understand, Brian, he was a very important individual. He doesn't need to wait in lines, so he ran to the front of the line, past everybody, trying to push his way through the gate to board his flight. The poor gate agent is trying to explain to this idiot who did have alcohol involved, he was just the wrong gate. He was trying to get on the wrong plane. So he is directed to the other one, which was the correct one, and off he goes. He misses that flight because they won't let him on. He comes back and beats up the person who told him that it was the wrong gate, and other employe tried to get involved and they got Some of these folks couldn't come back to work for several days, and it got to the point where he is now facing up potentially a ten year prison sentence and potentially a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine, and I hope he gets both. Here's here's my other aggravation. It's going to be negotiated now. He'll be a fraction of each for both, and he's going to be allowed to fly on any other airline he wants other than American airlines, who will banning forever. Why do we allow people that are this violent to fly on other US carriers after this happens. Shouldn't be the case, And it's one of the things you and I talk about so often.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Well real quickly, how delays I imagine getting in and out of DC might be a little troubling today, Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 18: With all the obvious flight activity in that area, we're seeing delays there, and really the Northeast for the next maybe forty eight hours is going to be problematic because the conditions are only going to decrease over the next two days. So if you're scheduled to fly two or through anywhere in the Northeast, by all means make sure the airlines.
Speaker 1: Have a way to get ahold of you. Appreciate the sound, advice and the information, Jay Ratliffe, and off to your next appointed call, because I know they're lined up around the corner with you today.
Speaker 3: Jay, Thanks for the time.
Speaker 18: That's one Sadly headsn't stopped ringing, and I just wish we had something fun to talk about because I miss our fun conversation.
Speaker 1: I We'll do it next week when the dust has settled a little bit from this tragedy. God bless you, Jay Ratliff. Thanks for the time you spend my listeners to me every Thursday. I'll look forward to next Thursday already. Invest to health you in your better half.
Speaker 18: Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Take care brand Take Care eight forty four to fifty five kr CD talk stations. Stick around it to be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 4: Keep your stupid mouth shut fifty five KRC