Speaker 1: All right, happy humped everybody. It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. The segments brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano, Texas at Preston and Plano Parkway, voted best pizzeria and all of Dallas by readers of the Dallas Morning News and all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News Best PiZZ Rita skinned wire.
Speaker 2: Folks flocking to Andrews.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the best damn pizza around. And they got five distinct styles, five, I tell you, and they're all magical. Whether it's the Dallas style, which is theirs part of the Picasso lineage, if you remember that great pizza place, one of Tony Romo's favorites, by the way, and then of course they have the Detroit style, the Chicago style, Philly tavern in the New York style, tons of great pasta dishes and awesome beers on tap.
Speaker 2: We know this for fact.
Speaker 3: Right there at Preston and Plano Parkway, it's Andrews's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: All right, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: And now it's time for BA Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kg tweets here are the important.
Speaker 2: Stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: If I wanted to name off or list off all of the school closings in DFW for Tomorrow and Friday, it would eat up the entire segment. So if you're in the listening area, do your job and check. But I can tell you most places have canceled for Thursday, at least, there's a lot of places have done Thursday and Friday. Many have just canceled or just closed for Thursday. What about Royce City? Roy City, I can tell you, Uh, they're closed tomorrow. Friday is still up in the air though. For Royce City it's been prosperousity Thursday.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not both days yet, not both days yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told you, Like over the weekend, my son and all of his friends already knew they were going to be off Thursday and Friday already. Is that right? They're banking, Yeah, they're in, they're you know, man, I I hate cold weather. I hate it, hate it, hate it so much. I was just watching on the TV behind you, you know, news story about the cold and it was a frozen windshield and someone had one of those things to break the ice off the windshield, but it wasn't doing anything but sliding across the frozen windshield ice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks. This is why I.
Speaker 4: Like living here is because this doesn't happen too often. Right, there are people who are used to this crowd, and I don't I don't understand those people. Man, they have plenty options. You can go drive around out in rural areas and see where there's space to live, and many people choose to live in the worst places.
Speaker 1: Well, go ahead, Well I was gonna say, I think the last time it was frozen, I fell down on my DFW security sign. Remember I fell on my elbow and cracked my DFW security sign, So I'd have one that's like cracked in half.
Speaker 2: It's been that way for like a year. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's the hard part too, is walking on ice. It's an easy fall. You can break your cockys yep.
Speaker 3: I've fractured mine before. Now that was not a winter weather event though.
Speaker 2: Now it's just jumping off a roof.
Speaker 3: Now you remember, though, kt as you say that people in Wisconsin, they see footage of us in August and goo, those people choose to live there. As there's footage of old people melting into a sidewalk. Choose fire over ice? No, I choose ice over fire. Told you dang it, this come back to me.
Speaker 4: Dallas ICD and Fort Worth Iced both closed Thursday and Friday. Elita and I can't okay the point I can nail the Alito challenge closed Thursday. What about Whitesboro Pilot Point is not made a call yet that I know of.
Speaker 3: What about Saxy at least it's not listed. Don't see anything on Saxy yet, Willis Point, Will's Point nothing on them yet. White Cran Dizzyo Thursday.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah they are. Do you know of any of the Snake's plus locations will be open? They're always open, Yeah, non stop.
Speaker 3: And it's the only twenty four to seven snake superstore in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look it's a this time because they're you know, the problem would be if we lost power. That's I think the big question is if the grid went down, because those snakes would be in trouble.
Speaker 2: These snakes.
Speaker 4: We've had Gary on many times of Gears talking about like he has a butt ton of snakes this time of year, because snakes, where do they go? They're looking for somewhere warm to go, and he keeps his stores very warm in the winter time. You go into Snake's Plus stores like ninety degrees. It's kind of crazy, but they're trying to keep the snakes warm. Do you know are we going to be Did they buy us in one Q twenty five?
Speaker 3: I think they bought us in first quarter twenty six, but they haven't done their twenty five.
Speaker 2: Just waiting to see him a few things. Yeah, now it's budgeting.
Speaker 3: The dumbest thing ever is when they had their annual spring butt ton of snakes Saale.
Speaker 1: Dude, you know what, that's a great turn to say it. They opened Spiders Plus. It did nothing but bring him down.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. He did not sell that many spiders. Well, he told him not to do it, and he doesn't listen. Nobody wants to.
Speaker 3: Buy spiders and then they're like, okay, that's too narrowly focused. They did the Iraq nid atrium just terrible. Yeah, it's like, we gave you all these things and he ignored them.
Speaker 2: Ye was the Kimodo dragon thing? Uh Kimodo? Was it kitchen?
Speaker 4: No? It was uh dining dining in with the dragon or it's like a it was a big they had local chefs come in.
Speaker 2: It was stupid. It was stupid. He's right. Whatever he just said there in that moment was right. Let it go.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, uh, this is a winter weather's coming. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: Yes, you ready, dudes, guy, they never go I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 4: Well, they assume that people know what's up. The four p's, pets, people, pipes, and plants.
Speaker 2: Okay, make sure you're taking care of them. Heavy winter drives your pants.
Speaker 4: If you have any old neighbors, go check on them, maybe if they live alone.
Speaker 2: If they may not want to be bothered, but knock. Don't just pop in their house. I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should just wait for the cold weather, though. If you have old neighbors, check in on them frequently. They're sad and lonely.
Speaker 2: Are you saying to just open the door? Go? Hy? You good? All right? You gucci fam we're good. You're gonna leave that TV on overnight?
Speaker 4: I am tired. Yeah, gladys, there is something that happens every year. Guy, we're doing that now. It's a there's just like it's a. It's a dumb thing, but it happens. Everyone's kind of fun. It's a university in one of the Great Lakes Lake Superior University, and what they do is they break out, here are the words that need to be banished from your book vocabulary this year. So ten words that are banned at this one. It's like they're known for this one thing they do.
Speaker 2: Okay, is one of them, boner.
Speaker 4: There's ten words you gotta get rid of this year. Okay, it's gonna be good for all of us. We got to stop using these.
Speaker 2: You'll see. Number one is cringe, all right, just add y to it. Why cringe?
Speaker 4: Cringey? Yeah. Four, but no one would think that if you have a learning disability. Wow, taking shots at that community. That's Kevin Turner at iHeartMedia guys. Number two, when need to eliminate this from our vocabulary?
Speaker 2: In five, game changer? This is gonna be a game changer. I don't think I can do that.
Speaker 1: I think have increasing usage of that this year. Married to it, I'm gonna increase mind too. I'm gonna be up twenty percent with that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: This segment's a game changer for me. This is a what's a what's a synonym for a game? A contest? It's a This is gonna be a contest alter Dude. Nothing gets it done like game changer.
Speaker 1: Everyone immediately understands that, Hey, this is gonna be a game changer.
Speaker 3: People like, damn right, change the game? Did you say contest alteration? Is that what you just suggested? This is gonna be a contest alteration. This is gonna be a battle Transformer?
Speaker 2: What that's a movie with Rihanna? Not doing that? Kevin, game changer?
Speaker 4: Well, you can tuck that up with the dean of Lake Superior University.
Speaker 3: Why would he tuck that up with him? You need to lose that word.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna say take it up.
Speaker 4: Well I was gonna say take, and I said talk because I was stuck with you.
Speaker 2: Take and talk it up in the bas I too have a learning disability.
Speaker 3: You want to walk into Dean's office and shove it between your thighs right there in front of him.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, game changer. What are the other ones? Era?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Too much eras last year? Taylor? Yeah, that's stupid.
Speaker 3: That's a word that Well, you need to let it go and you find another word.
Speaker 2: This is my what what is it? Lover era? This is my button? That is pretty dumb.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody use that unless they were talking about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: People go away? How does that sound? What did make the list? So you're to deal with it? That's a game changer.
Speaker 4: I don't know that it dropped. This thing just dropped. Mm so we got saying that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yea like shoes. Oh these new shoes just dropped. New shoes. Okay, dude, McCarthy news just dropped. I don't know. I'm not getting rid of it. He's a bad play caller. I'm gonna use it the exact same amount I always have.
Speaker 3: I would like you to consider using arrived instead then if you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay, I don't use that that often. I do say it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, it is what it is more than anyone is Micah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Michael Parsons podcast has about an hour's worth of him just going I want to dan Quinn here, but it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Ken Christina still say hey, I y n I y K y K.
Speaker 2: She doesn't say that often.
Speaker 3: I've heard her say that kyka, that was a drop for doing it.
Speaker 4: I was listening the other night and she was talking about a Green Day song that was coming up, and she was like, I y K y K.
Speaker 2: I was like, huh, and everyone got it. Everyone got it.
Speaker 4: And that's why she's nominated for Best Radio Yeah. Go vote Dallas Entertainment Awards dot com Christina Right best Radio Host got idea this year? Sorry, not sorry, let it go. If anyone's saying that, don't say that anymore. Okay, I agree with that one.
Speaker 2: It's funny to say that though I thought they got read that three years ago. I did too.
Speaker 4: I thought COVID wiped that one out. Yeah, sorry, not sorry, Well it's not it's gone. Uh one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Not getting rid of that.
Speaker 1: You need to keep its stafle I incorporated in almost every conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever heard you say, I mean, I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: I've probably said in conversations with each of you today, guarantee I have.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no. You always say yo fam one hundo.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Somebody will say, hey, man, is uh the toll way the right way to take for them? Liked percent? Okay, I have heard a guarantee it's one hundred percent the right one to do.
Speaker 2: I use it way too much. Is that because you got rid of absolutely?
Speaker 1: I did get rid of absolutely. I used to say that every four minutes.
Speaker 3: And now you're saying one hundred percent, which is the reason we need to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Is because I can literally almost nothing is one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we live in the margins here, so like eighty five percent, you should take the toll away.
Speaker 2: Tell them to go f themselves. I'm not getting rid of that. That's actually on the list to get rid of f themselves. No way, we gotta have that.
Speaker 4: Guys, now, you you have jin z children technically do I?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah millennials, Yeah, you're right, you're right. I'm sorry. S Gibbety huh. You know what this is?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I keep hearing the term, but like me and my bandmates will use it jokingly, but I have no idea what it means. I know what it is. That's that fullback from Arizona State. Now it's scataboo. Yeah, give it ay toilet, Give it ay toilet? What is it?
Speaker 4: Give it is a slang term that mocks the absurdity of using slang terms. Well, it was like a cartoon as well or something that's so all gen Z is using it so skivity.
Speaker 2: You know you guys were going to that one. So I'm not super cringe when people use that. That doesn't sound right. Then she said it.
Speaker 4: Utilize will be a word that we are going to wipe out this year. Utilize just say use what the Mavericks need to use Jaden hardymore, not utilize him, use him.
Speaker 2: Is this your own editorial? This sounds like I don't university. This is kts. Are you following those Christina utilized.
Speaker 1: Dresses up the word to use it's like using a tuxedo whenever someone.
Speaker 4: If you guys could utilize these tools, go to the iHeart app and utilize these tools.
Speaker 2: You're to use it wrong. Ben uses it right, like get a formal event. I y K y K.
Speaker 3: Lastly, period gott to use that at least once a month coming up next.
Speaker 1: I told you, guys, I thought my wife's periods got reversed. What she was only in a good mood for one short time per month.
Speaker 2: Who's the next sponsor?
Speaker 4: He's one of those people who got the twenty nine day period that poor lady.
Speaker 2: I know, I felt bad and the courage you have her and start a life with her.
Speaker 1: I brought it up to her again recently, and she did not enjoy it the second time I brought it up.
Speaker 2: Weird, I thought enough time had passed. Weird was she doing when you brought it up? All right? Coming up next, it's a big finish. I like the way you thank you, Katy Katie, where are you going to take us? All right, we'll finish up where we were.
Speaker 4: Actually the top eight television news bloopers of twenty twenty four. Well, yes,